PDA

View Full Version : You guys wanted adventures... Here's one!!!

scottyboy
9 February 2004, 07:55 AM
That's right everyone! We at the Online Journal are proud to present to you our very first adventure! Written and developed by Shannon "farr0095" Farrell.

Author's note:
Inspired by the 2000 Universal Studios movie Pitch Black, Demons in the Dark crash lands the heroes into an adventure on the remote planet Kekre. Set to fit into any timeline and any campaign, Demons is ideal for low level characters in both D6 and d20 gaming systems.

And just in case you didn't know or you've forgotten here's a list of the rest of our Web Features:
The Arms and Equipment Guide Supplement, Volume 1, Issues 1-3
The Net.Guide to Spleens (Hilarious!!)
The Net.Guide to X-Wings
The Net.Guide to Stormtroopers

You can find and download these along with the current and past issues of the Online Journal itself HERE (http://starwars-rpg.net/journal/)! Just go there and explore around a bit! We've got stuff for everyone!

Ravager_of_worlds
9 February 2004, 06:15 PM
ooohhhhh.... nice. :) probably the only good Vin Diesel movie so far (he hasn't made many)... and Pitch Black 2 is supposed to coming out again to further document Diesel's character.

anyway, back to the scenario... i'm so happy to see an homage to the OCR format... so much "cleaner" than the RCR format... and believable NPCs! (so many NPCs are high level that the average person in SW ends up being 5th level)

Two thumbs up!!

farr0095
10 February 2004, 04:12 AM
One of the biggest problems I see in "published" adventures is that very few exist for groups of low-level characters. I put this together after running my group through it, so that others may enjoy it as well. A downside is that my group played it by e-mail, so I didn't have the chance to add music or watch for their reactions. If anyone runs their group through it, please share the experience!

Bjorn
16 February 2004, 02:17 PM
I'm haing a problem downloading the adventure. Every time I try to, the only thing that I manage to get is a blank page. What am I doing wrong?

Bjorn

farr0095
16 February 2004, 02:54 PM
Don't worry, Bjorn, it's not just you. I fear they're having a problem with that page. I went ahead and dropped an email to evan hansen about the issue. I hope that it's resolved soon, since that problem eliminates access to all of the wonderful Web Features that starwars-rpg.net is hosting.

hisham
17 February 2004, 02:42 AM
Yes, we are having technical difficulties with the web features page. Repairs are being effected, but in the meantime, right click and all that below:

Demons in the Dark (D6) (http://starwars-rpg.net/journal/demonsD6.pdf)

Demons in the Dark (d20) (http://starwars-rpg.net/journal/demonsd20.pdf)

Enjoy.

scottyboy
18 February 2004, 05:15 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that we're back in bidness!!! Many apologies to everyone for the downtime!

You can now go to the site and see all of our other wonderful Features!!! Have fun!

evan hansen
18 February 2004, 05:19 AM
Thanks to everyone who emailed me to let me know about the problems with the Web Features page. I apologize for not responding to each of you, but there were quite a few of you out there. :-) I've posted an update on the main page letting folks know that the technical issues are resolved.

As Scott said, thanks for your patience!

farr0095
18 February 2004, 05:24 AM
Naturally you guys are busy and this hobby has to take back burner. And of course you get too many emails about it. But we really appreciate your hard work and efforts to keep us in the loop and happy! :)