PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Quadrant: TU - Bounty Hunters



Pages : [1] 2 3

Skreem
9 February 2004, 03:48 PM
Alright! It has (almost) begun! Looks like the group grew a few since last we looked. There will be an introduction post up in a few hours!

Just so everyone knows, I expect (as we all should at this point) everyone to only post actions and feelings for their PC. Feel free to go into as much depth and detail in that regard as you want, so long as it doesn't step on anyone else's toes (including my own ;) ) we'll all be good!
Also - as character sheets are kept in confidence, you should not post skills/modifiers as part of your posts. As well, I will not provide them as part of any descriptions (IC or OOC).
If anyone is in question of any particular rolls - message me and I will gladly make them available.

Other than that - I'd just like to get a roll-call here.

KnightStalker
9 February 2004, 04:52 PM
I'm good to go whenever you're ready, assuming you've found nothing else wrong with my stats for either my character or ship.

coldskier0320
10 February 2004, 03:01 AM
Lock and load!

8Dark_Prince6
10 February 2004, 03:48 AM
well if there arent any problems with my stats or bio i game. SO LETS GET IT GOING YAY! :D

Crymoon
10 February 2004, 10:46 AM
Let us start then... YHHHHAAAAA!!!!! Let's play....

Skreem
10 February 2004, 01:29 PM
Sorry guys - the post didn't make it through last night. I am reconstructing it in Notepad as we speak....

8Dark_Prince6
10 February 2004, 05:00 PM
uh oh this Hutt bounty and my (*cough) dessertion with them i might wanna stay low

Jan Tolbara
10 February 2004, 11:29 PM
Sorry about the delay, but I'm ready to go!

Jan Tolbara
10 February 2004, 11:37 PM
Are there any other PCs on the transport to Roon with me?

Skreem
11 February 2004, 01:11 AM
Quick Rundown -
Jan Tolbara is playing Shadow on NPC transport
coldskier is playing Tresk Nay’syk on NPC transport
8Dark_Prince6 is playing Garadios Rikimarious on NPC transport

Knightstalker is playing Crix Kellar on his own Ghtroc
Crymoon is playing Kerdan Baa on Crix's Ghtroc

8Dark_Prince6: Not sure I took what you put in your bio as dissertion, however unless you happen to be unlucky enough that the Hutt this bounty is for happens to be related to, or "friends"(? Do Hutts have such things?) with your prior Hutt acquaintence... you figure you're probably fine.

Jan Tolbara
12 February 2004, 09:15 PM
Are there any other passengers on this transport, or is it just the three of us?

8Dark_Prince6
13 February 2004, 03:40 AM
Jan Tolbara
Are there any other passengers on this transport, or is it just the three of us?

Yeah its just you, me and cold on the transport.

Ronin
13 February 2004, 05:50 AM
A little background info...
you`re all pretty street-smart, and you`ve all heard the name "Mampossa the Hutt" AKA "Mampossa Nasirii"...or more commonly "The Flesh Queen of the Outer Rim".
Usually clad in sweaty black leather or vinyl (think catwoman), and perspiring like a large lady at a disco, she`s the madame of slave trade out of Nar Shaddaa, Hutt Space and controls much of the "entertainment" business from the Outer Rim, shipping to clients in the Mid Rim and Core Worlds.
Word on the street is that she`s a former consort of Jabba...but he broke off their "association" because she was too twisted for his tastes...
The flesh trade ain`t all she dabbles in...a bit of spice...extortion...this fat slag likes to keep her sticky fingers in every shady pie she can...

Jan Tolbara
18 February 2004, 09:17 PM
Am I done plotting the hyperspace course?

Skreem
19 February 2004, 08:10 AM
I will have a new post up in a few hours - I know there's not much for most people to actually do at this time, but I wanted to leave plenty of time for everyone to respond to any PC comments.

To answer your question Jan - you're finishing the calculation... but will be finished by the next post - so if you want to post saying as much, feel free! I will just incorporate it in.

KnightStalker
19 February 2004, 06:40 PM
I've restored my site, with the exception of the Forums pages, and now have my character and ship stats (pictures & deckplans included) onsite, accessible from here. (http://www.rt-ma.org/QTU.htm) Alos present on there are pages for both Vanger's and Terras' Rebel characters, since they also require a website where they can properly be displayed.

Crymoon
20 February 2004, 05:43 AM
Kerdan will take some time and practise kata everyday for at least an hour. Also if anyone wants to play he walcomes any players to play just for fun.. if they want he can play for money but it isn't necessary...

Jan Tolbara
20 February 2004, 05:32 PM
Unless any of the others needs to speak with her, Shadow will retire to her quarters for a long nap.

8Dark_Prince6
23 February 2004, 11:25 AM
Garadios will be honing his skills. If you need him he will be in his quaters

Skreem
24 February 2004, 11:10 AM
Sorry for the delays in getting this up - SWRPGNetwork as most of you probably know, was up and down all weekend - and if it really wasn't... well it was for me :( Unfortunately, the times where it was up, I didn't have the time to post...

I know I know - the post doesn't leave much for everyone to "do" just yet - but I wanted to give a second for everyone to potentially do any skill-checks or ask any questions (either to GM or to Keteeaka).

Also - in posting, I realized that I wanted to ask Ronin to actually handle Mampossa's dialogue - something that had not been discussed prior.

KnightStalker
24 February 2004, 04:14 PM
I would have posted something yesterday, but I had called in sick from work and I didn't spend much time on the computer yesterday afternoon.

Still not feeling too great today, got an ache in my chest, and the smog we've had in the air here doesn't help any. Hopefully I'll be feeling much better tomorrow.

Jan Tolbara
24 February 2004, 07:53 PM
Okay, we can pretty much assume that Mampossa is speaking Huttese. But, what language is the Geonosian speaking? Huttese, Basic or something else?

Crymoon
25 February 2004, 04:32 AM
I can't react if I don't know what I Understood.. :D if they are both speaking hutteses then some of us will simply play dumb.. :D

coldskier0320
25 February 2004, 06:06 AM
Jan, are you just making up the stuff youre saying, or do you actually know huttese? If so...TEACH ME!!!:D

Jan Tolbara
25 February 2004, 01:45 PM
Yes, it's Huttese! Everything I learned about the language can be found on these two sites:

The Complete Wermo's Guide to Huttese (http://www.geocities.com/wermosguidetohuttese/)
Huttese by Andras Rajki (http://huttese.freeweb.hu/)

Skreem
25 February 2004, 04:08 PM
The Geonosian is speaking in Basic. As suspected, Mampossa spoke in Hutteese (sorry for the confusion). And thanks for the links Jan! I'll definitely use this myself.

KnightStalker
25 February 2004, 06:03 PM
Crix speaks Huttese, so I guess I may as well bookmark both of those sites for future reference.

Ronin
26 February 2004, 05:02 AM
Sorry for not indicating what languages are being spoken!

Yeah...Mampossa`s speaking Huttese (Shadow can translate for those that don`t speak it, since Mamp`s mainly speaking to Shadow).
And the Geonosian`s speaking Basic (I dunno anyone, anywhere who akes "Speak Geonosian"!:D)

8Dark_Prince6
26 February 2004, 10:26 AM
GARADIOS DEMANDS 28 THOUSAND ALL IN ADVANCE!!
:D

KnightStalker
26 February 2004, 08:35 PM
Okay, I've got my post in, and I just finished editing it to match up with what Jan posted.

Ronin
29 February 2004, 09:14 PM
I`ve been out of it with RL for the last 3 days...so gimme a little time for catch-up...
due to everyone`s varied backgrounds in your own campaigns, you gotta understand that everyone has a different idea of "standard payments"...so bare with me if you think something`s not "how you would price it"....
we`ll sort it out.:)

Jan Tolbara
16 March 2004, 10:25 PM
How's everything going? Is everyone okay? It's been 11 days since anything has happened.

Crymoon
17 March 2004, 01:42 AM
Just waiting for anything to happen ... :D

coldskier0320
17 March 2004, 02:56 AM
I'm ready to roll, just waiting, I dont really have anything I feel I need to say.:)

Ronin
17 March 2004, 05:15 AM
If you're all ready then I'll have the Geonosian join u in the ship and brief you fully.
p.s. Say hello to "Broadband Ronin":D
No more damned netcafes for me!

coldskier0320
17 March 2004, 08:24 AM
OK, I'm ready.

Congrats, Ronin! (Geez, I'm just so happy for ya! Almost like you had a baby! :P Well, maybe not quite...)

8Dark_Prince6
17 March 2004, 10:08 AM
Im ready to get rollin again.B)

Skreem
17 March 2004, 11:11 AM
Weee!!!! That's almost everyone checked in. Ronin - why not post as soon as your ready, and I'm sure the others will be checking in soon.

KnightStalker
17 March 2004, 10:00 PM
I'll be looking at the IC thread in just a moment. Was trying to help my brother with a used laptop earlier tonight, then after he left, I had the fun task of rebuilding my DSL internet connect just so I could get back online. The local MSN Powered by Qwest(TM) DSL servers must be crappy, that's twice now since the start of the year that I've had to do this. :mad:

Ronin
21 March 2004, 02:27 AM
I know things are always quiet on a weekend...
I'm just waiting to see if anyone's got anything to say...then I'll proceed.

Ronin
24 March 2004, 04:35 PM
No one got anything to say?
I'll move things along tonight if no one asks anything...

coldskier0320
25 March 2004, 08:38 AM
I'm good to go. Let's get crackin'!:)

8Dark_Prince6
25 March 2004, 10:07 AM
my mind cant come up eith anything to say to lets roll

Crymoon
25 March 2004, 10:21 AM
My character ain't the thinking type yet.. though he is evolving slowly in that direction, he plays he gambles he fights but doesn't plan much ahead, so he won't say anything at that time...

Jan Tolbara
25 March 2004, 01:59 PM
I don't have any other questions at this point. Let's move on.

KnightStalker
25 March 2004, 06:48 PM
Yeah, let's get this motley group rounded up, stuffed into whatever flying crate the Hutt's providing and send them on their way.

** Looks at the rest of the group as they stare back. **

What!?! Y'all expecting the Tinta Rainbow? :P

KnightStalker
28 March 2004, 01:48 PM
About the gear that the group will be taking, among Crix's personal gear, he already has a code cylinder and security kit, as well as 10 blank datacards for his datapad, a camouflage poncho, combat gloves, electrobinocs, a field kit, knife, recording rod, tool kit, utility belt, a Merr-Sonn Model J1 "Happy Surprise" holdout blaster, a SoroSuub Security S-5 Blaster (with built-in dart launcher and grappling spike launcher) [this is the gun used by Theed Security in Ep 1 tPM], and his Storm Commando armor from his former Imperial career.

I just need to know if he'll be allowed to take along his personal gear on this job, including his SC armor.

Skreem
28 March 2004, 07:34 PM
Well... as far as the NPC's go, I don't think anyone is going to reach right out and stop you, although considering you'll be travelling on a transport to get there, and the job is to get back to the transport to get off planet... that being the case, anything that you don't expect to actually use, you might not want to carry with. Safer that way, and less to carry around.

Ronin
28 March 2004, 11:41 PM
Actually...slight correction; you're going there aboard a legitimate freighter...
the return journey is aboard a luxury liner.
Luxury liners have tight security and arms control.
Just a warning.
Take whatever you want with you...just keep in mind you might have to leave some of it behind.
Actually, could you all post OOC exactly what you'll be taking with you (keep in mind encumberance and that Mon Cal is a rebel world).

8Dark_Prince6
29 March 2004, 04:56 AM
Garadios will be taking his Breath Mask (of course), Atmosphere Canister/filer (5), Field Kit, SoroSuub ELG-3A, and Vibrorapier. Thats if he is able to get it in with no questions asked.

coldskier0320
29 March 2004, 08:40 AM
Tresk will be carrying his X-45 with all the trimmings, of course, in addition to his Luxan penetrator, blaster repair kit, and shadowsuit.

This is not including anything the Hutt provides.

Crymoon
29 March 2004, 11:05 AM
Kerdan takes:
Comlink, DataPad, Electrobinoculars, a few Energy Cells, Glow rods and Power packs and an Utility Belt. Blaster and vibrodagger are his only weaponry.
Plus aqua breathers from the MIghty Hutt... :hutt:

KnightStalker
29 March 2004, 06:20 PM
In that case, Crix will take his SoroSuub Security S-5 Blaster, knife, electrobinocs, comlink, field kit and security kit, all stored in it's proper holsters/cases on his utility belt. He'll also take his combat gloves along for any potential hand to hand combat.

Any other gear that the Hutt provides the members of the group (such as aquata breathers) will be appreciated.

Ronin
31 March 2004, 06:28 AM
Okay...just waiting for Shadow...

Jan Tolbara
31 March 2004, 11:22 AM
Sorry. I've been dealing with a newborn daughter.

Shadow will take her blaster pistol, comlink and utility belt with the aquata breathers, tool and security kits kept within.

BTW, did she get the extra power packs from the Geonosian?

coldskier0320
31 March 2004, 11:31 AM
Congratulations!!!

Jan, that's a big change, I hope everything's going fine! A kid's a big responsibility, but will also be a great blessing to you. Best of luck to your family!

Jan Tolbara
31 March 2004, 02:41 PM
Oops! I guess I forgot to announce her arrival to the HoloNet in general. (I did make the announcement to the moderators, though.) I'll have to fix that.

Thanks! Everything's fine, except my wife's engorged (if you know what I'm talking about). But, that should be fixed soon.

This child is actually my second. I currently have a six-year-old in first grade (and at the top of her class, too!)

I'll go make that announcement now.

Ronin
31 March 2004, 06:08 PM
"Omedetou gozaimasu!"
(Congratulations!)
:)

I'll do an update tonight.
I think everyone's got pretty reasonable equipment selected there...

Crymoon
6 April 2004, 09:49 AM
sorry guy but i'm gonna be absent from 5 to 14 April. If anything happens I bet Ronin can take my character ... just for this time...

Ronin
7 April 2004, 06:32 AM
Bwaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!:D
Okay, take it easy mate.

Skreem...over to you for GMing then, I'll kill off, ahem, handle Crymoon's character. :)

Jan Tolbara
11 April 2004, 04:30 AM
Is anyone else posting anything? Are we ready to move on?

Ronin
11 April 2004, 04:45 AM
I think we're ready, I'm handing the reigns back to Skreem...

8Dark_Prince6
11 April 2004, 05:40 PM
can we get a deckplan of the freighter that is taking us to the planet

Jan Tolbara
12 April 2004, 10:41 PM
Searching the Internet does not reveal any deckplans for the YT-1210 online. But, I did find a pic! It's not very big, but it helps.

YT-1210 Transport Pic (http://www.swtft.com/swgraphics/yt-1210.jpg)

Considering its relative size and shape when compared to the YT-1300, I would say to use the 1300's deckplans if we cannot find true deckplans for the 1210.

Thoughts? Better suggestions?

Skreem
12 April 2004, 10:55 PM
Sorry everyone - kinda got stuck in a minor funk between awaiting news on a big new job (still waiting...:? ), school, normal work stuff, problematic work stuff, and the typical family stuff - well, life's thrown me a few curves lately.
Anyway, on to the good news: I've got myself pretty well squared away and will be posting in a day or two, tops.
Sorry about the delay in picking up where Ronin left off!

8Dark_Prince6
13 April 2004, 05:27 PM
thank u much for the help jan

Crymoon
14 April 2004, 11:33 AM
i'm back.....

Skreem
20 April 2004, 12:09 PM
Again - want to apologize for the delays everyone - Just call me a bum :hansolo:

At any rate - I left the last post at a middle-point where people can interject if they want, or not. Unless I hear otherwise from people, I'll move us along pretty quickly here. As I'm sure everyone else does, I want to pick-up the pace here a bit... Here's hoping we can get daily updates going from everyone!

Skreem
23 April 2004, 12:14 PM
OOC: Alright guys - just need to get what preparations your are making before you exit... From what you see - the hangar is "nothing special" as compared to any typical hangar at a city that expects visitors... Although - you can't see much of the hangar from your current vantage point.

KnightStalker
24 April 2004, 04:33 PM
Crix makes sure his gear is carefully and securely packed away in his pack & utility belt and has his weapons concealed where they're well-hidden but fully accessible in case of trouble.

coldskier0320
26 April 2004, 03:25 AM
Tresk is carrying his fully assembled sniper rifle in his hands, with his blaster pistol tucked away in a chest harness. His clothes and other equipment is in a small back pack which is, unsurprisingly, on his back.

8Dark_Prince6
26 April 2004, 03:48 AM
Garadios is taking his Vibrorapier which is tucked away but able to be taken out fast enough. Breathmask (duh dont want me to die, ok maybe some of you), tucked away on the inside of his clothes is his blaster and in a small pack on his back is Atmosphere Canister/Filer, Commlink, and Field Kit.

Ronin
30 April 2004, 06:02 PM
Actions:

Shadow : computer search. What kinda keywords?

Garadious: eavesdropping and shaking people down in shady cantinas. What kinda people?

Kerdan: accompanying Garadious (good cop/bad cop?), gathering info, ...gambling for info?

Tresk: ?

Crix: ?

Jan Tolbara
30 April 2004, 11:15 PM
Keywords (to start with)
Krakana pirates
Rihan Je
Yolikk Tau

Shadow is mainly looking for news items, police reports, etc., but anything with these keywords could be handy.

She will also try to locate current satellite photos of the area to try to find more leads to the location of the pirate's base.

8Dark_Prince6
1 May 2004, 01:44 PM
garadios is shaking down on local gangs and others that would be involved with out target.

coldskier0320
3 May 2004, 03:10 AM
Tresk will head to the local Guild Center to get as much pertinent info as he can.

Ronin
3 May 2004, 03:42 AM
Actions:

Shadow : computer search for Krakana/Rihan Je/Yolikk Tau

Garadious: looking to rough up a local gang for info :D

Kerdan: hitting the cantinas for info and gambling

Tresk: heading to the Guild HQ

Crix: ???

I'm working on the results of your actions as we speak, though I kinda need to hear from Crix....and clear stuff with Skreem.
Hopefully have some results soon...

KnightStalker
3 May 2004, 05:19 PM
Okay, I just posted, I'll have Crix blending into the crowd and keeping an eye on Shadow, if somebody takes more than casual interest in her activities, she'll more than likely need the backup.

Ronin
4 May 2004, 01:34 AM
Okay! :)
Give us GMs a bit of time and we'll have an update soon!

Crymoon
5 May 2004, 10:25 AM
I feel so left alone :(... Hope you haven't forgoten bout me.. :D

Ronin
5 May 2004, 05:45 PM
Crymoon don't worry...Skreem's working on your part. We didn't forget you! :D

Crymoon
6 May 2004, 12:08 PM
Rest easy my friends... :D just jokin'... :D :D Am a patient guy.. :)

Skreem
6 May 2004, 10:19 PM
Sorry about that Crymoon!

Spaztic life strikes again... but rest assured I've got you covered now

Jan Tolbara
7 May 2004, 07:56 AM
Is it possible for me to download that nifty map to my datapad?

Ronin
7 May 2004, 04:11 PM
For 2 credits, yes you can :D

KnightStalker
7 May 2004, 07:36 PM
Since Shadow's been making progress in her search queries, I'll have Crix head off to obtain some method of transport for the team.

Ronin
10 May 2004, 03:21 AM
...what do you want Tresk doing?

coldskier0320
10 May 2004, 04:02 AM
He's still waiting for word from Shadow on when/where to meet. He doesn't have much else to do, having already gotten a good bit of intel. If needed, he could accompany Crix in his search for a vehicle, having the right mix of skills for such things. (Comp Use, Dis Dev, Forgery, Move Silently, Pilot, and Repair). Otherwise, he's just waiting for Shadow's response.

Crymoon
21 May 2004, 08:21 AM
That was a nice fight congrats to you Ronin....

Skreem
21 May 2004, 12:47 PM
Crymoon - After thinking about how I wanted to help move this forward, and re-reading your post - I realized that there may be a misunderstanding...
A: You have currently lost 150 credits (over several hands, you won a little, lost a little more)

B: So far - all the wagering has been for straight credits, he has been doubling any bet you put down. The rumors you heard were that this guy typically gets his information by gambling, and he seems to be sharpening his skills. Obviously the Rodian had made other arrangements with him.

So, I'm not sure if you still just want to keep gambling? If so, to speed this up, how much are you willing to win/lose before the next update? If you want to make other arrangements... you had better mention them ;)

Ronin
21 May 2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Crymoon
That was a nice fight congrats to you Ronin....

#Bows#
Cheers! :)
Depending on DarkPrince's intentions, it might not be over yet! :D

Crymoon
21 May 2004, 10:00 PM
My idea was to wager money for information so if he lost he would give me infos instead of money....Let's say that the last few games were a warm up before such a game... :D

Ronin
27 May 2004, 05:57 PM
I'm heading back to Blighty for a (well-earned IMO ;) ) holiday from the 31st May to the 14th June...
I may be able to check-in via my brother's PC, but nothing's guaranteed.
Just thought I'd better tell everyone. :)

coldskier0320
28 May 2004, 08:13 AM
Aye, Aye, el capitan! I, as well will be heading out, from the 6th of June to the 20th of the same month, spending two weeks in North Carolina at the beach!!! Weeee...:D

Ronin
16 June 2004, 05:54 PM
Garadios the alleyway seems clear, you're free to move. :)

Jan Tolbara
17 June 2004, 11:47 AM
So, which tavern am I at? Or, do you just want me to come up with a name on my own?

Ronin
17 June 2004, 05:42 PM
You can make it up yourself! :)

Jan Tolbara
25 June 2004, 11:55 AM
My Internet access will be minimal at best starting on 26 June, since I will be moving from Seattle to Kansas City. I hope to be back online after 5 July.

Ronin
25 June 2004, 03:40 PM
Cheers for the info Jan! :)

KnightStalker
25 June 2004, 10:10 PM
I may or may not be able to access the site from July 1 to July 7, because I'm going on vacation for a week to attend the 2004 Anime Expo out in Anaheim, California. If I'm able to access the internet while out there, I'll try to check in and see what's going on, if not, then I'll see you all when I get back.

Ronin
26 June 2004, 05:11 AM
Okay!
Enjoy the Anime Expo!
I know a few cosplayers who'll be there!

Ronin
26 June 2004, 05:11 AM
It seems everyone's gonna be a bit busy over the summer...we'll just progress if and when we can. :)

Ronin
26 June 2004, 07:04 PM
Jan, Cold', DarkPrince: how about we speed up and have you all meet in Jan's cantina?

Crymoon's still busy in his cantina.

& we can stay that Knightstalker's on the pier keeping his eye on your target craft.

Jan Tolbara
26 June 2004, 09:53 PM
Sounds fine to me.

However, I will have no computer access after this message is posted, since I will be disassembling my system to prepare for my move. I don't expect to be online again until 5 July.

8Dark_Prince6
27 June 2004, 12:39 PM
im fine with speeding up meeting jan at the cantina

Ronin
27 June 2004, 05:44 PM
Okay, Dark Prince do you wanna post something about joining Shadow at her cantina....Jan'll be away for a bit, so you'll have to factor that in.
Coldskier can join you when he checks in.

Jan Tolbara
8 July 2004, 07:41 AM
I'm not officially back yet (that'll be Friday evening), but I am in a position where I can post something right now. So, I'll see what I can do.

Ronin
10 July 2004, 09:41 PM
RL is a 'little' busy at the moment...I'll do an update in a coupla days! Sorry people!

Ronin
28 July 2004, 05:53 PM
Could everyone check in please.
I know it's summer and many people are on holidays...but I'd kinda like to know who's active and who's MIA...

Knightstalker, Skreem.....are you out there?

Jan Tolbara
28 July 2004, 07:45 PM
Tolbara . . . here!

Bueller . . . Bueller . . . Bueller . . .

8Dark_Prince6
28 July 2004, 07:58 PM
still here, alive and waiting

KnightStalker
29 July 2004, 05:30 PM
I'm still around, here & there. Got my 2 youngest nephews moving in with me & I'm trying to adjust to having them around here & working on figuring out where to stow their stuff while I try to sort thru and get everything 'round here organized.

Dunno yet if I'll be able to stay in the game or not, but I'll try my best to check in and see what's up.

Ronin
29 July 2004, 05:40 PM
Cheers for the replies so-far...
if the game has to slow down because you're all busy in RL: no problem, but I'm sure no one wants the game to end (I hope not!).

If Skreem doesn't check in soon, I'll try to progress things myself.

Ronin
4 August 2004, 06:07 PM
I'll update everyone's situations within 3 days.
Sorry about the delay folks!

coldskier0320
9 August 2004, 10:19 AM
Hey-o!

Cold Leader reporting in!:D

I'm quite busy of late but im still trying to keep up. I certainly place my vote with 'slow is better than nothing'.:)

Thanks for keeping the ball rolling, Ronin!

Ronin
16 August 2004, 03:20 AM
Okay...still so sign of Skreem...and Crymoon hasn't posted since the 19th June...
if necessary I'll (hopefully temporarily) make Kerdan an NPC and get things moving...I wanna up the pace...and I don't mind if there's just you four PCs...

Jan Tolbara
1 September 2004, 05:52 PM
Do the two thugs behind Kerdan appear to be running with him or after him?

Ronin
1 September 2004, 06:00 PM
They're kinda racing. :)
You can see that they're not looking at Kerdan, not grabbing for him, but all three (thugs and Kerdan) are clearly running in the same direction.

coldskier0320
3 September 2004, 08:44 AM
Tresk is simply going to try and hold the Quarren where he is until the others can help subdue him and decide what, if anything, to do with him. :)

coldskier0320
8 September 2004, 05:30 AM
Can Tresk see that the silhouette poses a threat? (Holds a long range weapon?)

Ronin
8 September 2004, 06:15 AM
with the speed, glare from the sun behind...not really.

So long as someone else posts sufficient IC warning (after your post if necessary), I'll let you react accordingly.
(That means one of you other PCs had better yell something! :D )

Crymoon
8 September 2004, 11:51 AM
How far is Kerdan from the fight

Ronin
8 September 2004, 05:36 PM
You, Shadow, Garadios and the 2 goons are just outside the gambling bar, about 5m from Tresk and the pirate, with the (apparent) shooter some 20m away and up across the street.

Ronin
17 September 2004, 07:58 AM
One thing:
in future, if you wanna take anything that might be a risky action (like confiscating the concealed weapon of a non-flatfooted, non-ally ;) ) I'd rather you stated it as "(PC) tries to take (NPC)'s weapon".

I might've wanted to have him keep it, and it be an initiative race for who gets to the gun first.
It's okay this time. :)

coldskier0320
17 September 2004, 10:46 AM
Oops, sorry! I wasn't even looking at it like an opposed check, my bad.:o

Jan Tolbara
17 September 2004, 02:51 PM
Garadios smiles at Kerdan under his mask. "I have my ways. Oh and if she does I'll bite back. ;)"

Bring it on! ;)

Ronin
20 September 2004, 06:06 PM
I'll update on Thu.
Cold', Knightstalker: if you wanna do anything, please post by Thursday. :)

8Dark_Prince6
20 September 2004, 08:11 PM
Bring it on! ;)

OH its on:D

Ronin
21 September 2004, 06:27 AM
People, let's remember: you're on the SAME side. ;) :D

If anyone's gonna drive a wedge between PC's.....it's me! :P

Ronin
23 September 2004, 05:24 PM
Sorry! Update by Sunday...I promise!
(RL is busy!)

Jan Tolbara
24 September 2004, 10:41 AM
If Garadios attacks before Shadow, she will fire and try to find a way around the Wookiee to deal with the newcomer without getting hit by him.

He ripped my suit! ;)

Ronin
30 September 2004, 05:44 PM
Careful with the Metagaming people...
if you're not in a location, you don't know what's happening there...
so you shouldn't suddenly change your plans so you end up going to that location (knowing that when you get there, you'll find your comrades in distress).

Jan Tolbara
30 September 2004, 06:39 PM
HOLY CRAP! I'm dead. Nice knowing you guys! ;)

Actually, I want to attempt a Tumble to check to reduce the effect of the fall. Since I'm not wearing my armor, I don't have an Armor Check Penalty.

Ronin
1 October 2004, 06:09 AM
Shadow isn't dead!
You haven't hit the ground yet. ;)

And remember: this is a busy daytime street...there's pedestrians to cussion your plumme-, ahem, fall.
And Kerdan seems willing to bear the brunt of the impact.
That's what friends are for! :D

(Plus, with the sound of blaster shots, and now breaking windows, the crowd (who only just settled down from the last window-jumper) are beginning to panic again...and customers are rapidly leaving the Tavern by the Bay).

8Dark_Prince6
1 October 2004, 11:07 AM
when is garadios wakening from the stun blast that he recieved from the (BLEEP) Gran?

Ronin
1 October 2004, 03:40 PM
D-Prince: Garadios'll probably have to wait to be found by a friend, staff member (if they don't flee), medical personnel (if they've been called) or security.

8Dark_Prince6
1 October 2004, 05:48 PM
aye aye captin ronin......(thinks to self "they better find me!)

coldskier0320
2 October 2004, 05:27 PM
Just to clarify, I wasnt trying to metagame. The reason Tresk ran in there was becusae Shadow ran in earlier. He was just finishing up matters out in the street before heading in to give her some back up, as she saved his butt earlier. :)

Jan Tolbara
4 October 2004, 09:49 AM
Dang! I failed my Tumble check and my Reflex save! The Force was definitely not with me that round. :(

Jan Tolbara
5 October 2004, 12:18 PM
Ronin, is Shadow able to get up and move about?

Ronin
5 October 2004, 04:07 PM
Yeah, you haven't broken your spine or anything,...but you're pretty bruised and it hurts to move too quickly.

Ronin
28 October 2004, 06:26 AM
I'd like to do an update soon, at the latest on Monday.
If anyone wants to do anything before then...please post. I wanna get things moving.
(The closing of other Quadrants and re-starting of two others is kinda scary:().

Jan Tolbara
28 October 2004, 07:20 AM
No problems here. Shadow is just quietly bearing the pain from her injury.

As far as keeping things going, I'm all for it. I'm loving this game!

coldskier0320
29 October 2004, 06:57 AM
Let's rock and roll, and dont worry, the mercs were nothing like this thread. I only got i think two IC posts from one of my players! And I only really had two consistent posters, and they cant keep the game moving all on their own. We have a good group here, lets have some fun. :)

Skreem
5 November 2004, 06:09 PM
And from somewhere in the shadows... a distant rumble can be heard... oh sorry - didn't mean to let that slip... hope it doesn't stink too bad!

<ahem> So uhm... now that I'm back from my... 6(?) month vanishing act... just wanted to stop in and say "hi"... looks like things have at least progressed.
Sorry for the vanishing act everyone - I'd love to say that I lost a kidney, or got into a car accident, or had some other major traumatic event... but sadly - there was no 1 thing that I can attribute my absence to. Just wanted to apologize.
I'm not quite ready to jump into anything just yet... I'm still trying to wrestle with the reigns of the many minor changes that have happened, and what it all means to my available time.

However - I have a good outlook!
I'll keep tabs - and if anyone needs anything - I'll be keeping much better tabs on the site and PM's etc...

Keep it up!

Crymoon
5 November 2004, 08:35 PM
It really doesn't matter why you were away it's just good that you're back... so Welcome back.. :D

And never ever do it again!!!!!!!!! :D Or you will have to listen to your screems... when my friday sith gets loose... :D

Good to see you back...

Ronin
6 November 2004, 03:50 AM
Glad you're back! Twas getting lonely here!

To you PCs: it's kinda up to you to progress things from here. Get a plan together, etc...

Crymoon
7 November 2004, 04:07 AM
That's the next logical step for us.. :D

Jan Tolbara
10 November 2004, 11:22 AM
I recall Mampossa's Geonosian showing us a holo of Yolikk Tau. Do I have a copy of that on my datapad?

Ronin
10 November 2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Jan Tolbara
I recall Mampossa's Geonosian showing us a holo of Yolikk Tau. Do I have a copy of that on my datapad?

Yes :)

Ronin
27 November 2004, 03:14 AM
Players: somebody talk to me...is everyone busy? Out of ideas? Are we dead in the water? You want me to move things along?

coldskier0320
27 November 2004, 05:43 AM
Yes, please move us along! :D I've said everything I need to, I believe, waiting on some new development to deal with. Thanks for asking us!

"These aren't the posts youre looking for. You can go about your business. Move along."

;)

Ronin
27 November 2004, 06:35 PM
I'll gladly move things on...but I need some answers:

1. Where is Shadow gonna get another gun from (that hold out has 6 shots only)? Will you go back to the city and try to buy/appropriate one, or steal one once you're inside the pirate base?

2. Ditto for explosives...city or steal something from the pirates?

Your plan of going in through ducts at the base of a facility-leg seems sound. I take it you'll leave the speeder when you find their sensor-line ("everyone remember where we parked!") and swim the rest of the way in...

Answer me those two questions and I'll boost things along...

Ronin
29 November 2004, 04:28 PM
Thanks for moving things along, I'll do an update tonight or tomorrow if possible. :)

coldskier0320
2 December 2004, 08:02 AM
Dark Prince, you might wanna consider just giving that extra breather to someone else, and making sure you have replacement antiox filters (you well should have plenty, as one is good for a year). But remember not to put on the aquata, as oxygen is deadly poison to you! Just thought you might wanna know! :P

8Dark_Prince6
2 December 2004, 09:16 PM
i know that O2 is bad and i think that i have an extra filter on me anyways. so if someone needs then they can use it.

Ronin
3 December 2004, 05:43 AM
I'll have a full update for you all by Monday. Sorry about the delay, things are a bit busy here...starting up another game, work, and I've got a big test this weekend (and I thought I'd left exams behind when I graduated Uni'! :D).

Jan Tolbara
4 December 2004, 01:03 PM
I will be on vacation starting 5 December and will not be able to access the Internet until 10 December, unless I get real lucky. Sorry, guys! :(

Ronin
6 December 2004, 05:03 PM
Gyah!
Sorry everyone, been a bit busy!
I'll do an update tonight!
Wanna get us moved along before everyone goes off for Xmas...

coldskier0320
12 December 2004, 05:29 PM
Just as an FOI (for our info), how will being underwater affect combat, should it occur? What can we expect from our blasters and or other equipment?

Ronin
12 December 2004, 05:35 PM
It might have been wise to think of that before! ;) :D
Well.....the subject's been discussed a lot over the years in these very forums...and never really come to any solid conclusions.
VIbro weapons should be fine, but as for blasters I'm gonna reduce the damage a little beyond the first range increment (reduce the damage code by one dice), and reduce the maximum number of range increments (down to five). Just something simple.
Had any of you brought grenades, on the other hand....that'd be a whole different fishing trip...

coldskier0320
13 December 2004, 08:45 AM
It might have been wise to think of that before!

I did. But I figured that blaster interaction with water would be fairly common knowledge among the average galactic citizen, let alone among gun-toters. I also thought it might be in the RCRB, but after looking, I couldn't find it. So I figured it was in that gray area labeled 'GM discretion', so I asked. :)


Had any of you brought grenades, on the other hand....that'd be a whole different fishing trip...

Indeed...but that'd kinda scare me...grenades...underwater... i dont think I trust anyones arm enough for that... :P

Ronin
30 December 2004, 07:59 PM
I'll get an update out either Sat' or Sun'...get you to the base of the leg. :)

Ronin
9 January 2005, 05:40 PM
Roll call!
Coldskier...check!
Bueller....Bueller....Bueller...? :raised:

Jan Tolbara
10 January 2005, 04:07 AM
Sorry, I've been busy over the last few days. I'll see what I can do about getting a response out later today or tomorrow.

coldskier0320
10 January 2005, 05:41 AM
Yup, I'm here :) Been checking once every 2-3 days...

KnightStalker
10 January 2005, 05:46 PM
I'm lurking around here and there, just lately I haven't been able to think of anything postworthy for any of the sites I frequent. When the time comes I should be able to think of something, but for now, well, at least I'm still here.

Ronin
11 January 2005, 06:03 AM
Cheers for checking in and/or posting to those who have.
To those who haven't: don't sweat ;) I know some people are still busy...and I remember this is exam-time for some.
I'll try to get an update out around this time tomorrow. :)

8Dark_Prince6
12 January 2005, 11:09 AM
IM STILL ALIVE! i check in when ever i can and like knightstalker i havent thought of anything postworthy either.

Ronin
13 January 2005, 06:41 AM
Shadow turns to Kerdan, puts her index fingers together and then spreads them apart. Afterward, she makes a tying motion and points to the ocean floor.
Do you have a line we can tie off up here and drop down to them?

You're all still underwater...so they could just swim up to where you are....
Or were you wanting to open a vent above the water-level?
If so, I'll re-write my post and have you and Kerdan climb up out of the water...

Crymoon
13 January 2005, 10:13 AM
Sorry for the short response but am dead tired.. maybe later I'll manage to edit it....
i really don't know where the vent is.. just decide on your own and make suitable changes....

Jan Tolbara
13 January 2005, 11:21 AM
I understood the vent to be below the water level. I was having Shadow follow up on Tresk's plan to have a line tied between the vent and the ocean floor.

Ronin
13 January 2005, 04:37 PM
Ah! I see! :)

Ronin
14 January 2005, 05:20 AM
Cold' when you're going down the tube...is that head or feet first? With a light? (it's kinda dark in there besides the emergency-style red lighting)...

I just wondered, coz I need to know if it's your face or your feet that'll get muched by the gears...;)
Just kidding.

Crymoon
16 January 2005, 12:38 PM
What did we do with the vent cover?
If it's somewhere around I'll show it to shadow to let her close it... if not.. plsssss don't kill us so soon.. :P

Ronin
16 January 2005, 04:56 PM
Ha ha.
;)
The vent swung aside on hinges. Once you're all in, you can just swing it back into place, though you won't be able to lock it from the inside (not that you'd want to!).

I'll update later today and get you all to the top of the pipe...and out of the drink.

coldskier0320
16 January 2005, 06:19 PM
Eek! Glad I didnt read the above post. I was under the assumption that the red lighting was put close enough to see by, otherwise, whats the point in having a light?:) Anyway, glad there weren't gears for bothan munchin' but them bones might be worse...to use an already overused SW quote, "I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Ronin
16 January 2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by coldskier0320
Eek! Glad I didnt read the above post. I was under the assumption that the red lighting was put close enough to see by, otherwise, whats the point in having a light?:)

Mood lighting. :D

coldskier0320
24 January 2005, 05:34 PM
"Let the fun being."

Of course the 'fun being' we're all referring to would be me, yes?:bothan:

Jan Tolbara
26 January 2005, 06:48 AM
Just a reminder, Ronin. If you deem it necessary to make a Move Silently check for me, remember that the stats originally sent to you take the Armor Check penalty into account. Since I'm not wearing my armor currently . . .

Ronin
26 January 2005, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Jan Tolbara
Just a reminder, Ronin. If you deem it necessary to make a Move Silently check for me, remember that the stats originally sent to you take the Armor Check penalty into account. Since I'm not wearing my armor currently . . .

Don't worry, I'll keep it in mind. ;)

One thing you should all keep in mind: despite the hour or so's rest you got in the sub, Shadow and Garadios are still injured...-2 str and dex, no running...(if you really wanna run, I'll allow it but it may worsen your injuries...)
Shadow is currently on VP/WP (44) 36 / (14) 8
Garadios is worse off at VP/WP (38) 4 / (10) 6

Ronin
27 January 2005, 04:42 PM
One thing:
you actually wanna call a turbolift, or force the door and climb up the inside of the lift tube?

Crymoon
27 January 2005, 10:30 PM
Climb :P

coldskier0320
28 January 2005, 05:10 AM
"No, I dont think the Mon Cals had intruders in mind when they designed her..."

I thought we were gonna use a nearby ventilation shaft, as that lift car would no doubt squash us...

Jan Tolbara
28 January 2005, 05:35 AM
That's what I was hoping to find within the turbolift shaft, since there appear to be no vents on this level.

I wonder how they get air down here . . .

Ronin
7 February 2005, 07:43 AM
As far as you can tell (from what you've seen in this pod and from the schematics you saw before you came) this and each of the six outer pods have 2 floors, and the main, larger, central pod has 3 floors. Since you didn't see a corridor leading from this pod to the central pod, there must be one on the upper floor of this pod.
The hatch in the top of the turbolift tube leads out onto the upper surface of the pod itself.

Hope that helps.

Jan Tolbara
14 February 2005, 04:02 AM
Unless anyone else needs it, I'm claiming the E-11 (if we survive)!

Ronin
20 February 2005, 05:23 PM
Ladies and gents, unless you want me to have them come and get you, then someone has to make a move! :)

Ronin
22 February 2005, 03:18 PM
So, both Tresk and Shadow are going for standard doors (#3)...different ones? Same one? Which one(s)?
From the map, there's standard doors at 11o'clock, 3o'clock and 6o'clock...

coldskier0320
23 February 2005, 05:24 AM
Uh I think maybe I was misunderstood, I was heading for standard door #3 at 3 o' clock. Perhaps I didnt make that clear. Sorry, Jan, for any confusion.:o

Jan Tolbara
23 February 2005, 08:57 AM
No problem. That was the door I was heading to.

coldskier0320
23 February 2005, 09:49 AM
::nods:: Welcome SmugglerJedi. :bothan:

Jan Tolbara
23 February 2005, 09:52 AM
Might as well try and crawl out the toilet...but betting you, you probably have a guard shoved in there as well.

LOL Actually, that would be our doing! :D

SmugglerJedi
23 February 2005, 10:35 AM
(Nods) Hello, hello, nice to see you all - (trips over the door) Oww.

;) SJ.

Ronin
27 February 2005, 03:01 AM
I've been waiting for Garadios' actions too, but I want to update tomorrow evening...

coldskier0320
1 March 2005, 08:04 AM
Uh, Ronin? Not to nitpick, but if our attack rolls were successful, them guards should have been dropping. In the rules for stun, it says they are stunned for one round even if they make the save, and are out for 1d4+1 if they fail it. I mean, its ended up okay, and I dont want anyone to think I'm being a rules lawyer, but just maybe as a clarificaiton for next time? Again, I'm sorry if i crimped your style, but that was how I understood it.:o

Oh, and if you want to check it out for yourself, its p. 133 in the RCRB, in the little sidebar thingy.

Again, I hope you aren't mad.

cold

Ronin
1 March 2005, 03:36 PM
Ooopps!
Sorry everyone. You're quite right! All I can say is that I've been pretty tired when I've done updates recently.
If I make a mistake in future, by all means point it out. I'll rely on you to keep me in check. :)

SmugglerJedi
1 March 2005, 04:49 PM
Ah, well, <b>Ronin</b>, no one is perfect, though a GM is supposed to be pretty darn close. ;)

And yes, I still exist. Mail server flopped again. :rolleyes: I am getting really sick of this stuff! Ah well again, things never work out!

SJ.

coldskier0320
2 March 2005, 07:29 AM
Ooopps! Sorry everyone. You're quite right! All I can say is that I've been pretty tired when I've done updates recently.
If I make a mistake in future, by all means point it out. I'll rely on you to keep me in check.

No worries, friend. Just wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly. Happens to us all, though I think you've filled your quota, what with the most users online thing too...;)

Crymoon
2 March 2005, 07:32 AM
As it was mentioned it didn't ruin anything.. if only it even showed us how tough the pirates can be..


PIRATES RULEZ!! :D

Ronin
2 March 2005, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by coldskier0320


No worries, friend. Just wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly. Happens to us all, though I think you've filled your quota, what with the most users online thing too...;)

RIGHT! That's it! Tresk's gonna lose a limb! :D
I DO know the rules for PCs losing limbs...just ask Vjerzag's commando 'Wing'...
:P

coldskier0320
2 March 2005, 07:50 AM
:bothan:: Eek! ::keeps at least 2m from everything, to help retain body parts:: ;) :P :D

coldskier0320
2 March 2005, 02:06 PM
Dark Prince, all three of the blasters mentioned are pistols, the DL-18 being the typical blaster, which is the standard one in the RCRB, the DH-17, IIRC has an emphasis on range, and the DL-22, on damage.

SmugglerJedi
4 March 2005, 06:27 PM
Hey, do those Quarrens know any language <i>besides</i> Quarrenese? Just curious.

And boy do you guys post quickly all of a sudden! I remember the old days, lurking around this thread - it took a month and five demanding posts by <b>Ronin</b> to get you guys to move one iota. Now - jeez lawheez! Are you all the <i>Millennium Falcon</i> incarnate?

SJ.

KnightStalker
5 March 2005, 09:07 PM
SJ, if you think we're suddenly posting fast, you should check out the threads for Rebel Groups 1 and 2. Those guys are more frequent posters than we are. :P

coldskier0320
7 March 2005, 12:16 PM
Jan, why'd you stun him again? I wanted to ask him a few questions! :P

Jan Tolbara
7 March 2005, 01:27 PM
To be perfectly honest, it would be in-character for Shadow to do it seeing the Quarren's reaction.

"He didn't seem to be in the talking mood. Maybe another stun bolt will help mellow him out."

SmugglerJedi
7 March 2005, 02:29 PM
Not with my stare. :D

And please, do NOT mention faster posters! Ugh! I am going to hurl!

SJ.

Ronin
16 March 2005, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Crymoon
Kerdan smiles ironically smelling at his clothes
"Somebody please kill this joker...Maybe the others will understand that we ain't jokin'" He swithces his blaster to kill setting "If you don't do it I will..." he finishes and looks at Shadow waiting for her reaction.

You mean Kol or the Mon Cal?! :? ;)

Crymoon
16 March 2005, 08:44 AM
Mon Cal..for now...:P

SmugglerJedi
18 March 2005, 06:03 AM
Of course you can't shoot me! My bottom is way too tender for that kind of stuff! :P

Now all I need to do is find those stats for the Zarnok Butt Blaster and give it to our little gambling friend over here... [gives the blaster to Crymoon and then steps far away.]

Maybe he'll cook his food for once. :P

SJ.

Jan Tolbara
20 March 2005, 05:49 PM
Work gets busy, and I miss my cue. *sigh* Oh, well. At least things are progressing.

SmugglerJedi
21 March 2005, 02:30 PM
Me too! I've been getting ready for a D&D campaign at my friend's house! Most of the setting stuff comes from DragonMech (http://www.goodmangames.com), a series about huge steam and magic-powered Mechs, from Goodman Games. Cool, but darn, do we fool around a lot! Scheduling is also a hassle. Bummer.

But yeah, that was why I was so busy this weekend. Don't worry though, I won't be so, ah, preoccupied this time.

SJ.

Ronin
26 March 2005, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by SmugglerJedi
"Dealing with Hutts? <i>Hija hun vojik</i>, that's some nasty stuff. I only deal with the Hutts when absolutely necessary; course, some people <i>would</i> think Black Sun is worse..." He just shrugs at the conclusion of his statement.

[OOC: Am I finally on the ball?]

Since we're post-SotE, Black Sun is headless and the Vigos are stabbing each other in the back to grab territory...
but you're close enough. :)

As for where you're all going: if Kol and Crix are going to check out the fighter, remember that there are other window'ed rooms like the one you're in which are around the hangar...and there are other doors in the hangar itself...some might suggest stealth.

As for the rest of you: checking out another way in the main outer corridor? I've numbered the doors you can choose one easily...

Ronin
29 March 2005, 04:36 PM
Kerdan/Garadios, can you gimme the code for the door you wanna check next?

Crymoon
30 March 2005, 01:30 AM
As 2c leads to turbolif or so it seems from the map we take 3c with a window... and .... we'll see.....

Ronin
31 March 2005, 08:12 AM
1a/b/c: turbolift anterooms

2a/b/c: maintanance hatches

3a/b/c: security checkpoints

So: Kerdan and Garadios are checking 3c, Tresk and Shadow are 1c (?)...Crix and Kol are heading back to 3a...
right?

KnightStalker
31 March 2005, 07:58 PM
Yeah, Crix is doubling back to rejoin the others.

As a side note, wouldn't it be a bit ironic if our intended quarry were to stumble upon our group before we could find him? :P

coldskier0320
1 April 2005, 05:13 AM
Lol, yeah.

Tau: "Who're you?!"

Us:"Nevermind that, just come here!" :D

Crymoon
1 April 2005, 05:40 AM
Knowing us he would first get a stun straight into the chest then we could talk... we are real barbarians... :P

coldskier0320
1 April 2005, 05:49 AM
Haham yeah probably. But hey, were living barbarians, and that's the best kind! ;) Besides, we're jsut giving back some of what we got in the city. :P

SmugglerJedi
1 April 2005, 05:49 PM
I wonder what Kol would say...

<b>Kol</b>: "You shot him!"
<b>Others</b>: "Well, yeah, we were supposed to."
<b>Kol</b>: "May I just ask why?"
<b>Others</b>: "We're bounty hunters."
<b>Kol</b>: "Gaaak!"

[Aha, a few, um, <i>unpleasent</i> experiences with bounty hunters have troubled him.]

SJ.

SmugglerJedi
2 April 2005, 08:46 AM
Dear Tresk:

Please clean out the earwax in those furry ears of yours. Today it was only a misunderstanding, but tomorrow that problem may land you in such a mess we would need the Death Star to clean up all the junk.

Sincerely,

Kol, your comrade in arms, so to speak.

:P SJ.

coldskier0320
2 April 2005, 10:21 AM
Dear Kol,

My ears are just fine, except for an annoying little bit of seawater in the one. I've been a bounty hunter for several years now, and I know better than to act on a simple offhand reference. I also know better than to let one slip by, as it might really help out if you catch it.

Sincerely,

Tresk :bothan:, your comrade with arms.;)

SmugglerJedi
2 April 2005, 03:19 PM
Dear Tresk,

Are you implying I have no arms? Or are you making a vague reference to the possibility of Wookiee blood in your veins and are threatening to rip my own arms out and beat me to death with them?

Your helpful friend, Kol.

coldskier0320
2 April 2005, 08:08 PM
Dear Kol,

I was simplyreferring to arms, armaments, weapons, etc. Of which you have none at the moment. Thus, I was able to make a distinction between the two of us in that area, I have arms, and you, unfortunately, do not.

Your ever-enlightening bothan friend,

Tresk

SmugglerJedi
3 April 2005, 04:53 AM
Dear Tresk:

Then may I have a weapon? I officially request a blaster pistol through the informal Bounty Hunters Supply Command, request # 344678.223G, Category C-3, Priority Alpha-Red-Alpha. And really, any blaster would do, as long as it could shoot!

Your comrade, Kol.

Crymoon
4 April 2005, 01:20 AM
Dear Kol,

Unfortunately, as we have been informed, the waiting time for a blaster pistol, as for now exeeds your, or our, planned life span therefore you must wait a bit longer...

Sincerely Yours
Kerdan Baa
Your friendly PR Assistant

coldskier0320
4 April 2005, 05:39 AM
Dear Kol,

We, the Requisitions & Supply Department of Mampossa Activities Limited regret to inform you that you background check is still in progress. Unfortunately the questionable circumstances of your conscription as well as the clandestine nature of your history has led to difficulties in processing your request. Until further progress can be made, we are afraid that we will be quite unable to honer or fulfill your submitted requisition.

Yours,

Tresk Nay'syk
Department Leader, R&S, MAL.

;) Gee, that sounded like I was a real bureaucrat dinnit?

Crymoon
4 April 2005, 05:50 AM
LOL... :D... Kol just wait... shortly we will have more blaster then we have pockets.. or we will be dead... well... I see your point.. :D.. maybe you'll get a blaster earlier.. :P

Crymoon
7 April 2005, 12:45 AM
cold we aren't in the same room so unless you're shouting I have no way of hearing you... sorry... gonna shoot that sleepy head soon..

coldskier0320
7 April 2005, 09:08 AM
Oops, yeah sorry, stupid me. :o

I'll fix it soon, I promise. :P Durn party splits...

SmugglerJedi
10 April 2005, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I was acting like an idiot too. I think I missed Ronin's post about Kol and whatshisname investigating the hanger bay. Why, I don't know; I must be a real idiot. Either that, or I need some Mountain Dew. ;)

So don't feel bad, cold - we're in it together.

SJ.

Ronin
13 April 2005, 06:15 AM
You people settled on a plan then?

SmugglerJedi
13 April 2005, 04:06 PM
Wait, wait, we have plans? I didn't know we had plans! I just thought we ran around and blew up stuff! :P

Well, I'm out of the loop. S'okay, though. Not really "old" enough, gameplay wise, to be making decisions. Not with Tresk standing over me and saying about how stupid I am.

"It's not stupidity! It's major creativity!" SJ.

coldskier0320
13 April 2005, 04:45 PM
:P No worries, man. Creativity is the cupbearer of disater. And, as bounty hunters, we're always in search of a good disaster. ;)

Ronin, I'm kind of at a standstil, creative-wise. Perhaps a GM post to spurn along. I guess, I propose we all wait and get back together again before making any hasty plans, though.

Ronin
13 April 2005, 05:53 PM
There's yer update!

There are six doors inside the hangar:
Number 3: two identical doors at eight and ten o'clock
Number 2: three identical doors at twelve, four and eight o'clock
Number 1: one door, presumably another security checkpoint

SmugglerJedi
25 April 2005, 04:43 PM
(Coughs very very loudly)

"Excuse me," he says in a very faint voice, 'but will, erm, will anyone actually make a new post? I'm tired, hungry, and just so horribly bored. So please, sir, can you post some more?"

:D SJ.

Ronin
25 April 2005, 05:40 PM
If no one else has anything to say or do....?
I'll update tonight if I can.

Jan Tolbara
25 April 2005, 06:45 PM
I've said my piece.

KnightStalker
25 April 2005, 08:54 PM
Okay, I made a post that should be appropriate for the current situation. Hopefully Crix's reaction to Kol's predicament should be similar to what Han Solo would do. :P

Crymoon
25 April 2005, 10:57 PM
I just wanna make sure that the last windowed room is empty.. or that its occupants are pretty tied up and will follow the rest...

Ronin
3 May 2005, 06:25 PM
Okay...I think I know what everyone's doing...except Garadios...are you just gonna stay next to the door...which I think Kol intends to blast with starfighter-scale cannons...?!8o

8Dark_Prince6
4 May 2005, 11:03 AM
sry i havent been able to post in awhile but yeah if he is blasting those cannons im moving my ars out of the way.

Crymoon
5 May 2005, 08:29 AM
has the pirate with the comlink already started talking or is he just pulling his comlink out...
If he hasn't said anything to the comlink I'll blast him, but if you did I'll wait for the rest to do sth first... :P

Ronin
5 May 2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Crymoon
has the pirate with the comlink already started talking or is he just pulling his comlink out...
If he hasn't said anything to the comlink I'll blast him, but if you did I'll wait for the rest to do sth first... :P

Okay...I just rolled initiative for you vs. the pirate: he talks into the commlink before you get a chance to act.
So...you're gonna hang back...?

SmugglerJedi
5 May 2005, 09:08 AM
How much noise would that fighter make if I flip the "on" switch?

SJ.

Crymoon
5 May 2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Ronin


Okay...I just rolled initiative for you vs. the pirate: he talks into the commlink before you get a chance to act.
So...you're gonna hang back...?

yeah.. he already alarmed someone so no point of shooting him as I would reveal my cozy flanking position.. :D Will wait what happens...

Ronin
5 May 2005, 05:58 PM
SJ:
The rest of the group isn't making much noise, and once the pirates have sorted themselves out, they're probably gonna try to be sneaky....so a fighter warming up might be a big noisy...you won't need to turn on the sublights (I hope!8o ) but if you wanna aim/traverse then you'll need to power up the repulsorcoils...which do make a distinctive whine.

Ronin
10 May 2005, 07:41 AM
No one wants to do anything? Just waiting?