PDA

View Full Version : IC: Quadrant: TU - Bounty Hunters



Pages : [1] 2 3

Skreem
10 February 2004, 02:42 PM
Life as a bounty hunter has been relatively good for everyone lately. With the increase in rebel activity, as well as Boba Fett's latest score, the galaxy as a whole seems to have renewed interest in bounty hunting, or at the least those involved in the current Civil War have. Either way doesn't much matter to you.

Kerdan Baa: Spending the last few weeks as an information broker on Druckenwell, you have recently gotten word of a new bounty having something to do with some pirates and Hutts. You don't have much more to go on just yet, as you are several systems away, but of course, you jump on the opportunity and find the first transport you can heading to Nar Shaddaa. Throughout your gambling time on Druckenwell, you came across one, Crix Kellar who just happens to be heading in that direction anyway, and you ask to hitch a ride for a modest fee (it doesn't hurt that most of said fee was won off him in private bets and wagers.)

Crix Kellar: You recently received a holomessage from an old business acquaintence who has requested you run a quick stop'n'drop. Your heading over to pickup 3 individuals from a transport in the Roon sector and transport them to Nar Shaddaa. As usual, no extrenuous information has been provided. While settling up your bills in Druckenwell, you were approached by a human whom you had spent some time with watching the races. He must have overheard your personal grumbling about heading back to Nar Shaddaa for such a minor job, and asks to be transported there himself. You explain that you need to make a quick stop in another system on the way, and he agrees.

Shadow: Your current benefactor has called you back to Nar Shaddaa to help out on a new bounty that a fellow Hutt has placed. It is explained that you should have some personal interest in this one. You are given a local contact that you are to meet with, and escort back. The contact: a Bothan named Tresk Nay'syk and his cohort Garadios Rikimarious. You are to arrange transport. Calling in a favor from one of your benefactor's "friends", you arrange for a simple transport willing to take you to the Roon sector, where you will connect with someone else who will take you and your pickups the rest of the way into Nar Shaddaa.

Tresk Nay’syk & Garadios Rikimarious: You have recently acquired some intel for Mampossa Nasirii, a Hutt based out of Nar Shaddaa. You have been contacted by one who goes by the name of Shadow whom has arranged transportation to Nar Shaddaa, and is instructed to assist you in any further investigations. Mampossa has confirmed this information.

OOC: Ok - there's the introduction, you are all currently en-route to Roon in your various transportation. I will give everyone a day to post, then will move on from there. Feel free to share whatever information about yourselves you wish with eachother. BTW: Htelba Zile will not be joining us initially.

KnightStalker
10 February 2004, 08:20 PM
Crix is at the controls of his Ghtroc freighter during the flight to the Roon sector. He turns and speaks to Kerdan as he walks into the cockpit.

Crix : "Feel free to make yourself comfortable in one of the premium or economy passenger berths. We'll be picking up 3 other people at this stop in the Roon sector before heading on to Nar Shaddaa. The ship's lounge has an autochef if you want something to eat or drink."

OOC : Skreem, if you want, I can attach the upper & lower deckplans for my ship if needed.

Crymoon
11 February 2004, 01:28 AM
Kerdan looks around with a slight smile on his lips...It's time to live in some kind of luxury at last...

- I'll take one of premium berths.. Ah.. Thanks for taking me, anyway. It was really nice of you... - he finishes with a smile

He slaps then at the bench in lounge trying to fill his stomach with some fine foods... If he doesn't know them that's good.. and if can't pronounce its name - even better...

8Dark_Prince6
11 February 2004, 03:43 PM
Garadios sits in the crew lounge of the ship sharpening the blade of his Vibrorapier. Mutters to himself about having to end his and Tresk's current hunt for this meet of thiers. He gets up and as he heads back to his quaters, he glances Tresk a look and heads out of the room.

coldskier0320
12 February 2004, 03:10 AM
Tresk sits in the crew lounge of the freighter that was to take him to Nar Shaddaa, his custom-made sniper rifle disassembled into several component parts, scattered across the table. Ears tilted back in an expression of extreme concentration, the Bothan meticulously cleans each tiny part of his rifle before moving on to the next. He was still slightly irked that Mampossa had wanted his information now and was willing to transport him to Nar Shaddaa to deliver. Because the bloated one knew he was a bounty hunter, Tresk figured he'd let him complete the hunt he was on before demanding a visit. When he got the message from Mampossa's man on Roon, he was travelling under his cover identity of Karka Melan'ek, an investor out of the corporate sector. While he appeared to be inspecting the factories on Mechis III for his clients, he was secretly on reconnaisance, hoping to get an idea of the overseer’s schedule. The man had been previously found embezzling money from Arakyd Industries, a pro-Imperial company, and the Empire didn’t take kindly to people stealing from it’s supporters. His bounty, however was merely a modest 4,500 credits, not nearly enough to ordinarily occupy Tresk’s valuable time. However, he knew a few members of the galactic fringe, particularly gunrunners and the militants that had been cropping up recently, who would pay through the nose, or whatever convenient olfactory organ they made regular use of, for accurate, detailed, and fresh information about an outlying planet, that one of the galaxy’s top munitions producers called home. Of late, several of these fringe elements had been getting away with murder, both figuratively and literally, out on the Rim. Finally, after years of crackdown under Palpatine’s heel, it seemed that the ever present trouble-making spirit of the Rim was finally coming into its own, even if only by dint of sheer persistence. Tresk wasn’t yet sure if he liked all this change, but change meant turmoil, turmoil meant people wanting to take action as well as people who wanted to hide things. And, as anyone knew, if there were people who wanted to hide things, there were people who wanted to find those things out, and willing to pay good credits to find them out too. So, in that respect, Tresk was glad. He’d even heard rumors that some Corellians, as well as the Alderaan survivors, along with a number of groups located out on the Rim, had organized themselves into some sort of rebel group that was actively, if not openly, waging some kind of hopeless war against Palpatine and his Empire. Tresk, like most Bothan’s believed that large-scale battle of any kind was a waste for all parties involved. Tresk, however, sensed an opportunity for good business.

His business sense seemed to be dead on, too. Just the tiniest bits of hard-to-get intel he’d picked up over the last few hunts had earned him a considerable sum of credits in dealing with information brokers on half a dozen worlds, and now a Hutt was even wanting in on this sort of product. Business was booming in the intel industry.

Skreem
13 February 2004, 05:39 PM
Both ships come out of hyperspace in the Roon sector, beyond the asteroid field almost with synchronisity. Using the agreed upon protocols, the ships identify themselves and prepare to enact the transition of passengers. As the transfer completes a ship appears on the edge of your scanners near the asteroid belt, and appears to be heading your way. Coming over the open frequencies the voice speaks with excitement, "By order of the Empire, identify yourselves and your purpose. Your ship registries are already being scanned and processed."

OOC note: At this point, all PC's are aboard Crix's Ghtroc.

Jan Tolbara
13 February 2004, 08:26 PM
Shadow, a thin figure wearing black battle armor with matching helmet that has been silent up to this point, looks at the sensors panel and comments, "What do they want now?"

Turning to the pilot, Shadow asks, "How soon can we make the jump?"

OOC: Am I able to determine how far away the ship is from us by the sensors readout?

KnightStalker
13 February 2004, 08:42 PM
Crix turns to Shadow. "Let me see what we're dealing with first, then I'll know what we can do about it. Making a hyperjump out of here is an absolute must, though, regardless of what we're up against."

Checking his sensors, Crix attempts to identify the type of Imperial ship that is approaching, and how far away they currently are.

OOC : Since Crix is a former Storm Commando, he'll also use his Imperial knowledge while attempting to recognize the Imp.

Skill checks to try and ID the Imp vessel :

Profession (Stormtrooper) +4; Computer Use +4 (sensor scan)

Skreem
13 February 2004, 11:25 PM
Crix runs his fingers over the sensors control array in a flurry as he is still trying to adjust himself into his seat. As the small image of the incoming ship rotates and moves around the display in an attempt to identify the ship, his sits back and exhales. Through his previous work as a Storm Commando he quickly recognizes the ship as a Lone Scout-A-2. Not surprised to see a scout ship like that in such a remote location, a bit of tension relaxes from him. However that is quickly reversed as over the comm he hears the pilot from the other transport chime in, "Pudoo! He'll be on top of us in less than 30 seconds. I can't make a jump that quick!"
A quick double check of his instruments confirms this... although it qiuckly dawns on Crix that this LSA-2 is moving faster than he remembers. Looks like this sucker's been modified a bit to fit into this type of situation. What would the Imperial Navy be doing out here anyway... it couldn't be for them specifically...

Crymoon
14 February 2004, 03:17 AM
Hey, what's all that noise about...? Somebody just answer them... we ain't doing anything illegal, and as far as I know noone from us has any bounty on their heads, am I right? He asked with a gleam hin his eye...

And if they try to enter to do anything stupid, we'll just have to teach them a lesson...not to mind bounty hunters' business...

And if anyhting happens can we just shoot that thing or is this suicidal idea..? he finished with a grin...

KnightStalker
14 February 2004, 05:13 PM
Crix turns from his instruments to face his three passengers. "If any of you have any piloting, gunnery, or other starship crew skills, take the copilot's seat, the rest of you strap into the other seats."

Crix then turns back to his console and responds to the Lone Scout's hail. "This is the Star Ranger, I have three bounty hunters onboard. We were checking the other vessel to see if my passenger's quarry was onboard, but he wasn't. If you'd kindly stand down, we'll be on our way."

OOC : Crix is attempting to bluff the Imperial scout ship. Skill check : Bluff +3

Jan Tolbara
14 February 2004, 06:25 PM
Shadow waits to see if anyone moves for the copilot's seat and will strap into one of the other seats if somebody else does. If not, Shadow will take the copilot's seat.

Crymoon
14 February 2004, 11:53 PM
Kerdan sees Shadows hesitation and waits himself for either Tresk or Garadios to sit on the co-pilot seat, if they don't he lets Shadow sit there unless he will hesitate longer..

I've never flown anything that big....But if any of you guys wanna try go ahead, I'll then just sit by nav computer.. If we wanna jump I can help with that... So where do you guys want to go today..? he asks smiling...

8Dark_Prince6
15 February 2004, 02:02 PM
Garadios begins strapping himself in. Ill sit this one out. You guys can drive

Jan Tolbara
16 February 2004, 12:25 PM
Shadow takes the copilot's seat, glances at Crix briefly and begins plotting a course to Nar Shadaa.

coldskier0320
17 February 2004, 03:09 AM
Tresk, having gathered up the component parts of his weapon, eyes the situation uncertainly, then at Crix accusingly. After hearing his impromptu alibi to satisfy the imps, Tresk seemed satisfied, at least for the moment. Content to let the others do the piloting in the situation, he sat at a minor crew station. Ignoring the control panels in front of him, he busied himself assembling his sniper rifle.

"I dont know about the rest of you, but I've done nothing that could plant me firmly in an Imperial prison. If we cant escape, it might be wise to simply allow them to board, inspect, and leave, adding another satisfied customer to our impressive collective list. That is assuming, of course, that our able bodied captain, has nothing to hide on his fine vessel..."

At this, he casts a meaningful glance at Crix, hunched over his controls, and smiles a humorless smile. Honestly, he really did want the pilot to turn around and tell him that his ship was clean. Though the odds of an independent freighter captain having an Imperial-friendly ship, in these times, was about as likely as finding a big bounty already waiting in your ship's cell as you get in to set off in search of it.

8Dark_Prince6
17 February 2004, 04:04 AM
Garadios cocks his head towards Tresk and smiles back underneath his mask. As he turns back facing forward he wonders to himself who could it have been that chimed in over the comm and who would have been on them in less than 30 seconds.

Skreem
17 February 2004, 11:29 AM
Shadow takes a seat, and begins running through the jump calculations, analyzing the easiest path to get away from the current situation. As she continues her calculations, the other transport captain is heard announcing himself to the Imperial, "My name is Cloren, aboard the Journey's Sun. I am a simple trader running foodstuffs and knick-knacks between Ord Mantell and Tatooine. A mishap in my last hyperspace jump brought me here. I'm just happy to still be alive."

You are all somewhat relieved that he at least has an idea how to handle the Imperials, but he seemed a bit nervous explaining himself.

The Imperial ship continues on it's course and speed and returns the hails, "[j]Journey's Sun[/i], it appears that you may be just what I'm looking for. Seems your ship was recently tagged as being involved with the Rebellion. Guess our intellegince is better than yours. So sorry. Now, shut-down your engines and shields. And as for the Star Ranger, I'd confirm whom you're dealing with in the future - please stand down for passenger confirmation." The scout ship is now within medium range weapons, and notice some movement on the back of the TL-1800 transport as a turreted weapon drops down. Looks like it's not going to go along peacefully.

Over the private channel you had setup with the transport, you hear him again, "Not sure what your current gig is guys, but if you could help me out here, the Rebellion would be very grateful."

Crymoon
17 February 2004, 12:28 PM
Kerdan looks for a moment at the comm

So what are we going to do...? As for myself I don't like the idea of any kind of involvement with imperials, unless we leave no signs of it... I don't know anything realy about space combat so it's your call...

He cracked his fingers and smiled...

KnightStalker
17 February 2004, 06:04 PM
Tresk, having gathered up the component parts of his weapon, eyes the situation uncertainly, then at Crix accusingly. After hearing his impromptu alibi to satisfy the imps, Tresk seemed satisfied, at least for the moment. Content to let the others do the piloting in the situation, he sat at a minor crew station. Ignoring the control panels in front of him, he busied himself assembling his sniper rifle.

"I dont know about the rest of you, but I've done nothing that could plant me firmly in an Imperial prison. If we cant escape, it might be wise to simply allow them to board, inspect, and leave, adding another satisfied customer to our impressive collective list. That is assuming, of course, that our able bodied captain, has nothing to hide on his fine vessel..."

At this, he casts a meaningful glance at Crix, hunched over his controls, and smiles a humorless smile. Honestly, he really did want the pilot to turn around and tell him that his ship was clean. Though the odds of an independent freighter captain having an Imperial-friendly ship, in these times, was about as likely as finding a big bounty already waiting in your ship's cell as you get in to set off in search of it.

Crix responds to Tresk without turning around "Letting them board and search this ship is out of the question. They'd find my set of Storm Commando armor and realize that I'm a deserter. Not that it really matters to you much, but three years ago I realized that I disagree with the Empire's latest pro-human policies, so I grabbed my stuff, issued gear & all, and ran. I've been doing legit and illicit cargo runs ever since, for anybody that can meet my prices, including the Rebellion."

Crix turns to look back at Tresk and Kerdan in the rear seats of the cockpit. "You," points at Kerdan, "strap in tight, you,' points at Tresk, "skip playing with your weapon for now and get ready to use those gunner's controls for the dual laser turret. Get the turret powered up quickly, and when we get behind that Scout, I want you to target & fire at their engines before we engage the hyperdrive. I don't care how much damage you do, the goal is to discourage them while both us and the Journey's Sun make our hyperjumps out of here."

Crix then turns back to his controls and signals the Sun, "Journey, when we make our move on that Scout, jump out of here, even if it means jumping blind."

Crix powers on his shields and throttles up to attack speed to fly straight toward the Scout, playing a game of Chicken with the Imperial vessel to give the other transport enough time to flee.

OOC : Crix will attempt to fly head on at the Scout and swerve below it at the last moment, and then make his hyperspace jump once he's passed the Scout by a safe distance. Skill Checks (if needed) : Pilot +8; Bluff +3 (to play chicken). If Tresk tries to take a potshot at the Scout, the dual lasers' listed attack bonus is +9 or +5/+5 and can do 4d10x2 damage, with no applicable range modifiers.

Crymoon
18 February 2004, 12:52 AM
Crix turns to look back at Tresk and Kerdan in the rear seats of the cockpit. "You," points at Kerdan, "strap in tight"

Kerdan sits down quickly and straps himself.

Crix, you're the boss here.. but shouldn't we at least try not to leave any witnesses of our entanglement...Like in "Shoot to kill"...?..Otherwise it would raise the bets a bit..but as I said it's your call.. Hmmm Tresk... try to shoot efficiently.... And let's play rough guys...Let it be our lucky game.. He finishes with a grin...

coldskier0320
18 February 2004, 04:33 AM
skip playing with your weapon for now and get ready to use those gunner's controls for the dual laser turret

At this, Tresk lets out an audible sigh of exaspertion, and his tan fur ripples, a trademark Bothan expression. While he disagrees with this captains methods, he weighs the situation out in his mind and realizes that, of all the people free to do so, he was most adept at the sort of combat that the captain presented. Also, he realized that, if the Imperials were to board the ship, he was in relatitvely little danger, compared to the captain, as he could deny all involvement in the scrape. Simply being on this ship was bad enough, but being that he had brought in several Imperial bounties, he had a greater chance at successful release than did any of his colleagues. So, with some reluctance, he started back to the weapon station.

"You do, of course, realize", he said to the captain, "that if you have me shoot these warning shots, you and your ship will be placed under considerably more Imperial scrutiny. Scrutiny that you, with your Rebel leanings, would not welcome, I would think. They have your ship IDed now already, as it is. Assuming we escape, you will not only have resisting boarding on your record, but also firing on an Imperial vesssel. If youre going for interesting stories and a price on your head to attract unwanted attention, by all means, have me fire, otherwise, I highly suggest you rethink your hasty actions. Of course, feel free to do as you wish, youve shown me that you have considerably less regard for sensible measures than the average human, and yet you are still alive, in testament to, if nothing else, the inadeqacies of your enemies. I ask only that you remember, for your sake, that as the captain, you will be considerably more responsible for the actions of the ship's crew than any of the individual members, myself included."

With that, Tresk's fur ripples once again. His golden eyes gave no indication of smugness or antagonism, only observation. In typical Bothan fashion, he had managed to say somethign that was unclear as to wether it was a compliment or an insult, if it was even one of those. In the process, he realizes that, as human standards for conversation and discussion went, he had probably come across as terribly arrogant, however he was not a human, thank the gods, and he felt that he was above this conflict. He carefully places his rifle, now partially reassembled into its three main components and seperate scope, into its glossy black, thin plasteel case and carries it with him to the laser weapon station.

Skreem
18 February 2004, 04:29 PM
Quickly spoken over the secured comm channel, the captain of the Journey's Sun says "Thanks," which can be barely heard over the rummaging of console controls and scrambling of crew.

As everyone aboard the Star Ranger scrambles to strap themselves in, and Shadow tries to keep the excitement out of her mind as she's double-checking her jump calculations - not an easy task considering she's planning a double-jump to prevent the Imperials from following - Crix is busy powering up shields and maneuvering the ship into a head-on course with the Imperial scout.

Meanwhile, the transport seems to like the idea and follows in suit.

Over the open frequency, a hesitant and somewhat unexperienced sounding voice cries out, "Wha... what are you doing?" The Imperial scout begins moving somewhat irradically as sensors indicate that it has angled it's shields double-front.

The three ships, all on a collision course, scream towards each other in a very dangerous game of chicken. The Imperial scout is the first to react. The scout ship wobbles as if not certain what to do, careening every which way. A momentary thought of concern flashes through Crix, as he realizes his opponent is quite probably terrified right now, in any normal circumstance that would be a great asset, but when dealing with starships at these speeds, a panicking pilot is never a good thing. Just as Crix is about to make his move dodging under, the scout makes a quick slip left seemingly cleanly. Crix makes his little jig, and as he's recovering from his maneuver his shields take a hit and everyone inside is shaken around a bit with the jostling.

The pilot of the transport watches in seemingly slow motion as the events unfold ahead of him. The pilot of the scout ship is definitely panicking, and flying completely irradically, as when Crix's frieghter moved below and clear the scout did the same thing - it's a typical mistake of an amatuer pilot to go where you look - unfortunately this time it actually cost him as the backend of the two ships clip. Cloren has no idea what to do. It's too late to ditch out of the maneuver safely, so he continues his course, waiting as long as he can to make his move in hopes of being able to anticipate what the scout might do.

The scout noses forward in reaction to the minor collision. Cloren sees this as his opportunity and makes a quick dodge up. The backend of the scout clips the underside of the transport, as it was unable to move far enough out of the way.

OOC: Ok - I need to know if Tresk is going to fire or not? There's still a good 10 seconds of words that Crix or anyone else can get out before that decision is made. And the shields apparently absorbed all the damage.

KnightStalker
18 February 2004, 06:14 PM
As Crix is executing his last maneuver, he calls out to Tresk, "Forget about firing, my idea worked better than I thought. That Imp's no doubt soiled his pants quite well. He'll be completely unnerved long enough for both us and the Sun to make the jump."

Crix then steals a quick glance at Shadow and asks "You got that course plotted? The sooner we hyper out of here and away from that Scout, the better."

Crix prepares to execute the jump to hyperspace the moment Shadow confirms the course has been laid in.

Jan Tolbara
19 February 2004, 10:53 AM
Without looking up from the computer, Shadow announces, "Done. Punch it!"

Skreem
19 February 2004, 02:30 PM
Crix keeps the ship heading as direct a path away from the Imperial scout as possible as over the secured comm-channel, Cloren voices gratitude and a little shock at the apparent inexperience of the Imperial pilot, "A few more seconds and I'm out, thanks again! Although that seemed too easy." Just then Shadow turns her head quickly to face Crix and announces, "Done. Punch it!"

Without hesitation, Crix reaches up and throws the switch for the jump to hyperspeed. Just as he is doing so, another signal comes into sensor range and a voice could barely be heard, "What are you yappin..." the voice signal cuts as the galaxy stretches before the Star Ranger. The Journey's Sun following suit in a different direction not more than a few seconds later.


.... back in the Roon system....
"What are you yappin' about there rookie?" The contempt in the voice of the senior officer clearly apparent. Can't let them know I let them get away... I was ordered to wait... bantha! How do I explain the damage? "Uh... nothing sir. I... uhm... thought I had found something, but it must have been a sensor glitch..." The rookie's nerves quite nearly about to snap.

OOC: You guys have several hours to kill during the travel - If anyone wants to do anything during the just over 24hour trip, let me know... otherwise everything goes smoothly for the trip into Nar Shadda - and I will continue from there next post.

coldskier0320
24 February 2004, 08:34 AM
Tresk spends the next morning, ship's time, sleeping in. He missed breakfast with the rest of the people on the ship and didnt wake up until early-afternoon, when he borrowed a datapad to check on his contacts on the HoloNet to see what kind of intel he was receiving from various sources across the galaxy. As he expected, it was mostly garbage, nothgin he particularly cared to know. Still, Bothawui might care to know, so he dutifully logged all the information and put it in a neat package and sent it to a numbered cache for information on the HoloNet.

Skreem
24 February 2004, 10:57 AM
A bit of unsettling uneasieness lingers in the air, as everyone was slightly thrown off by the Imperial presence in the Roon sector. As the sector was outside of the Empire's acknowledged control, and a relatively unpopular location due to the asteroid belts prevelant there. The feeling passes though in time, and everyone relaxes a bit as the first hyperspace jump completes, and there is no Imperial presence during the time it takes the ship to adjust for the second jump which will take the Star Ranger into Nar Shaddaa.

The group all settles into their own rituals as the time goes by. Being bounty hunters, each is used to travelling solo, and so except for the minor game of sabaac or chess, there is little interaction. Furtive smiles and smirks fly across the room as each measures up the others.

As the galaxy comes screaming to a halt as the ship exits hyperspace near the Smuggler's Moon, any lingering nerves or jitters from the Imperial presence leaves, and Crix begins the approach to the vertical city. Frieghters and transports of all manner and condition can be seeing entering and exiting docking ports in all levels of the city. Mampossa has her own docking port which Crix maneuvers the ship into as he is instructed to land by the docking personell. Somewhat surprising to Crix however, is that the bay doors are closed as he enters, and his presence is requested with the others, as matters of payment are usually handled seperately from delivery.

The group is met by a female Rodian who introduces herself as Keteeaka, here to escort the group to see Mampossa. Keteeaka is dressed in flight-suit pants and a criss-cross top the manages to conceal the most important aspects, including additional weaponry than the simple blaster carbine she keeps at her side. A quick scan of the docking port, sentry guns and cameras can be seen throughout. "You are expected. This way." Keteeaka winks provacatively at noone inparticular, then turns and with a hand to her hip, begins walking off the docking bay and down the corridors.

Several turns later, you are escorted into a grandious room. The floor is covered in various animal hide rugs, and individuals of various species can be seen partaking in any number of pleasurable activities with varying degrees of nakedness. The scene is almost sickning at a very deep level, but yet somehow intriguing and erotic all at the same time. It is only when you identify the collars that seem to identify Mampossa's property do you snap to and notice the very obese hutt at the far end of the room. Lounging on a bed that is too small for her body, made obvious by the rolls of skin dangling at all sides, not to mention her tail which is wrapped around the from the end of the bed to lay in front - where it wraps around a naked near-human male who is busily rubbing oils and massaging it. This image is only somewhat less alarming than the black vinyl and leather that encases Mampossa's upper body, and the beads of sweat that consistently trickle down. A female Twi'lek tending to the hutt's hands is shooed away, and goes to pay attention to an aging Geonosian nearby. Mampossa lifts her hands to the group and invites you to come forward.

Jan Tolbara
24 February 2004, 01:31 PM
With her look of disgust hidden behind her helmet, Shadow steps forward, making sure to stop a fair distance from Mampossa's bed, and announces, "H'chu apenkee, wonki Mampossa." (Greetings, mighty Mampossa.)

KnightStalker
24 February 2004, 04:40 PM
Paying little attention to the erotic goings on in the chamber, Crix keeps his senses at full awareness of his surroundings while he makes a mental note of the guard's locations and dispositions. He also takes note of where his passengers stand in relation to each other, and takes a step forward at Mampossa's gesture, but remains silent while he waits to see what will happen next.

8Dark_Prince6
24 February 2004, 05:45 PM
Garadios stands there with his arms crossed behind his back with the hilt of his Vibrorapier in quick reach. HIs eyes dart around noticeing everyones location. He mutters under his breath sickning dancers But remains still and listens.

Ronin
24 February 2004, 06:42 PM
Mampossa grins at you, her big glassy eyes studying each of you...mentally stripping you perhaps...
Her eyes settle on Shadow
:hutt:"Aaaaah, Sha~dow...good to see you again, and in the company of such varied, strappy young males. Tell me Shadow, have you taken my advice at last and got yourself a harem?"
She chuckles, and drools.

:hutt: "Enough foreplay...I`ve summoned you all here to scratch an itch...an itch I just can`t reach...an itch called the Krakana..."
Her eyes narrow in anger.

The elderly Geonosian steps forward out of the shadows, leaning heavily on his gnarled staff.
"As you know, since the death of Prince Xixor, the galactic underworld has been in turmoil...profitable turmoil...the Vigos have been stabbing each other in the back, the Hutt families have been profiting (a smile returns to Mampossa`s chubby visage)...and countless fringe groups have sprung up."
"The Krakana pirates are a group of Mon-Calamari and Quarren pirates, based out of Mon-Cal...they have been successfully taking down shipments from almost all organisations along a short but vital stretch of the Perlemian...their hit-and-fade tactics are quite remarkable. But their strength lies in two individuals: their captain; Rihan Je, and their forger/navigator: Yolikk Tau...."

"You are going to take down the pirates, for the Nasirii."

OOC: feel free to post replies taking place while Mampossa and the Geonosian speak, they`lll answer your questions eventually.
I`ll post more after you`ve had a chance to comment.

Jan Tolbara
24 February 2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
[B]:hutt:"Aaaaah, Sha~dow...good to see you again, and in the company of such varied, strappy young males. Tell me Shadow, have you taken my advice at last and got yourself a harem?"
She chuckles, and drools.

Smiling at the humorous remark, Shadow answers, "Noah. Konia mulian dobrah jor huha. Ainti nich ji iman ni maja." (No. I am only working with them. I have no time for such pleasures.)

OOC: More to come later.

8Dark_Prince6
25 February 2004, 06:20 AM
Elder: ...their hit-and-fade tactics are quite remarkable

Garadios smiles Hit and fade what I do best. Now if you dont mind me asking what kind of profit are we talking and what is the layout

Jan Tolbara
25 February 2004, 10:48 PM
After hearing Garadios's question, Shadow interjects, "Cha koth mulia, tagwa. Ichaga, tapa ix hina chobo. Paguta un hay mulira? Yo mulira soyari, pich." (It's a decent job, yes. But, I will ask like him. How much payment are you offering? Bounty hunters have expenses, too.)

Crymoon
26 February 2004, 12:01 AM
Kerdan looks around the hall quietly.. he smiles at the joke he didn't understood just to be polite, keeping his eyes on everybody around. As he notices Crix doing the same he smiles again an nods his head slightly...
He has already accepted the mission in his mind but waits patiently for the answer on Garadios question.
Kerdan is a bit suprised by the lack of security in this room, knowing it to be impossible he starts to look more carefully, ttrying to making mental notes of where everyone is standing and where hidden guards or turrents may be...

coldskier0320
26 February 2004, 03:23 AM
Tresk stands in the middle of the audience chamber with the rest of the group, listening to Mampossa's request. The various unsightly goings-on all around him never phased the bothan, who was, by this time, used to dealing with hutts and their strange ways. Throughout the Geonosian's monologue, Tresk was silent, his fur occasionally rippling back and forth, listening to the proposal and developing a healthy interest while at the same time, never forgetting how annoyed he was at the fat slug for calling him off his job to come deliver on his offer. When the two were finally done speaking, Tresk spoke up. In typical bothan fashion, he showed the hutt less respect than she was used to and addressed her in basic, without a formal title.

"Mampossa, just how much nearsightedness do you have to possess to have the ignorance to call me off my hunt to accommodate your obviously cramped schedule?"

He gestures with a sweeping motion at all the indecent acts taking place throughout the chamber, his fur rippling again, he continues:

"I find it...almost laughable...that you haven't even the resources to hire a properly equipped mercenary unit to make this hit for you. If the hutt families have profited so much from Xizor's demise, why have you missed out? Is it because you were simply too absorbed in your...physical preoccupations that you were simply left in ignorance by your fellow hutts? I should think that would be very embarrassing indeed, especially for a hutt of the status that you enjoy claiming to be. In any event, I suppose I don’t care about the credits that you don’t have, only the ones that you do have that are headed my way. To that end, I believe I have something of some value to you, do I not? You’d be surprised how much some people wanted to keep this thing’s contents a secret, you’d better make it worth my while, especially since I didn’t read the thing and you called me off an extremely profitable hunt, which was near its completion, I might add. I don’t have the time to play your little games anymore. You are going to pay me for this card before I go off on another hunt for you. I’m glad that this time you actually chose something that suits my abilities. Let's finish this transaction before starting another, Mampossa. You should know that's bad business."

With that, Tresk shift his rifle case to his other hand and reaches into an inside pocket of his jacket. At this, some of the less-drugged beings around them visibly tense, however, they go back to whatever unspeakable deeds they were committing when they see that the brown-furred bothan withdraws only a datacard. Talking to Mampossa without all the formality that most beings used was merely Tresk’s nature, however, he’d known that many beings only wished they had the wherewithal to do what he’d just done. Most beings, however, didn’t possess adequate amounts of intelligence, tact, and confidence to pull it off, and often ended up enraging the hutt rather than leveling the playing field with them, and while a hutt was still, in the end a fat, disgusting, worthless, slimy, and, in this case, sleazy worm, an angry hutt was indeed a force to be reckoned with, if only for their stubborn, violent tempers coupled with the beings willing to fight and die for them at a moment’s notice. Though Tresk couldn’t prove it, he still believed that it was the hutt he’d saved Garadios from that had held a grudge against him for years and had his ship impounded on Bonadan. All in all, this, coupled with the fact that Tresk’s species and the hutts played pretty much the same hand of politics and stealthy violence instead of war, made him dislike the species just enough that he couldn’t allow himself to show them any real respect. Bothans went about their rivalries and business in such a better way than the seedy dealings, crime, and chemical (and in this case, physical) indulgencies that were so common and expected among hutts. Hutts were in power becuase nobody argued when they claimed it, bothans were in power because they deserved and earned it.

Thinking about all this made Tresk’s fur ripple once again. In some ways, he can’t believe he’s actually working for one of the detestable beings, then he remembered the volumes of credits that seemed to be there fo rthe taking wherever hutts could be found, available to anyone competent enough to do their job. Tresk knew that with his last statement, he’d show that he would take no flak from Mampossa. With an amused, interrogative expression, Tresk ripples his fur one last time, and stares Mampossa down, awaiting her response.

Ronin
26 February 2004, 04:59 AM
:hutt: "Ho, ho ho ho hooo, Sha-dow, you`d best put a leash on that furry one, before I have him neutered."

The Geonosian clears his throat; "In answer to your questions: you will all recieve payment for completed work, and for any inconveniences. As for how you are to deal with the Krakana...we`d rather not hire mercinaries, since we don`t want a bloodbath on our hands. We are hiring you bounty hunters and expiditers because you will only have one target. A key member of the Krakana pirates has arranged to defect to our organisation...bringing with him essential information about the pirates and their operations, essentially beheading the group. Once you have agreed to the job...we can discuss the target`s identity. I can tell you now that the pirates number more than fifty individuals, at least six starships and one heavily armed base."

"As payment, the Great Lady is prepared to offer each of you 3000 credits...and our technicians will overhaul your ship.....a new transponder for example. It seems the Empire took interest in your latest escapade with a rebel ship..."
"To get you to Mon Calamari we will provide transport aboard one of our freighters shipping to Morjannsik city...and tickets on a luxury starliner for the return journey."

OOC: let the negotiations (demands?!:D) begin...

coldskier0320
26 February 2004, 05:23 AM
Tresk's fur ripples at something that he senses to be a joke on himself, then continues,

"Before I go back across the galaxy in your aid again, Mampossa, I think you'd like the information contained on this datacard, wouldn't you? Anyway, are you saying that you want these individuals captured or simply killed? And three thousand?And organized kill is worth much mre than that, you should know that much. I would be better off capturing them and turning them in to the imprials for piracy, then splitting the bounty with these fine individuals. That would probably put more than three thousand in our pockets. Also, what good does modifying that ship out there do me?"

He gestures to Crix,

He's an independent trader. Mampossa, we've done good business in the past, there's no reason to be apprehensive now. You can afford my rates, and, more importantly, you are a being who deserves my service. Make the right choice, pay extra for peace of mind. If you can't meet my usual rates, you can get me something else: an Authority waiver. I need to get my ship out of impound so that I have more leeway and can get jobs done faster. This would benefit you in the long run. What do you think?"

Tresk is trying to help the hutt see reason, he hopes she will.

Crymoon
26 February 2004, 07:04 AM
Kerdan looked at Tresk first, with mild amusement then with growing respect. He couldn't decide if this bothan was so good or so crazy, but it seemed that he was just the right person to talk to this hutt...
3000 credits for helping one man to defect sounded nice but he knew that there could be more to it..
He waited patiently for hutts reaction on Tresk's so nicely spoken request.

Jan Tolbara
26 February 2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
:hutt: "Ho, ho ho ho hooo, Sha-dow, you`d best put a leash on that furry one, before I have him neutered."

In an all-too serious tone, Shadow answers, "Amana ix ya do belia nok alenich." (I will deal with the scum later.)


"As payment, the Great Lady is prepared to offer each of you 3000 credits...and our technicians will overhaul your ship.....a new transponder for example. It seems the Empire took interest in your latest escapade with a rebel ship..."

"Sora do pul hay nich yaba ya tenya?" asks Shadow after glancing at Crix. (How much time do you need to add the transponder?)


"To get you to Mon Calamari we will provide transport aboard one of our freighters shipping to Morjannsik city...and tickets on a luxury starliner for the return journey."

"Vo koth ta paguta. Ichaga, torona wanta wak ponkapar, pi pola jiji di duwa par?" Shadow adds while gesturing to Crix. (Your offer is great. However, why use other starships, when we can fly in his ship?)

KnightStalker
26 February 2004, 08:20 PM
"Three thousand credits? It's obvious you hire middlemen for all your shipping needs. By the time you pay your docking fees, refueling and system recharging fees, and waste disposal fees, you're lucky if you have enough credits to cover consumables replenishment and maintenance fees, not to mention enough to pay for renting a room for the night at a local hotel or food during your stopover."

Crix takes another step forward before continuing.

"Think about how much you pay those that handle your shipping. It's far more than 3000 credits simply because of the related expenses. Then think about what you're expecting of us." Crix gestures to the others he brought to Nar Shaddaa. "You're expecting us to travel to Mon Calamari, track down this particular individual and take him or her into our custody, and then escort this person back here. That's gonna require time to get there and back, equipment to get the job done, possibly equipment and weaponry other than our personal gear at that, as well as food and water. This job may require bribery as well. By the time you add all that up, you're looking at more than 3000 credits in expenses."

Crix glances back & forth between the Hutt and the Geonosian.

"Considering that you went to all the effort to bring us all here to entrust us to this task, surely you can do better than 3000 credits apiece."


"Sora do pul hay nich yaba ya tenya?" asks Shadow after glancing at Crix. (How much time do you need to add the transponder?)

Crix turns to glance at Shadow. "As for my ship, it's in no need of an overhaul yet, it's in fair condition, and I have alternate transpoder codes I can switch to. All the ship is lacking is a full payload in both of the missile launchers, so unless the Hutt has got 8 concussion missiles laying around that she can spare, all she has of interest to me would be money."


"Vo koth ta paguta. Ichaga, torona wanta wak ponkapar, pi pola jiji di duwa par?" Shadow adds while gesturing to Crix. (Your offer is great. However, why use other starships, when we can fly in his ship?)

"The usage of my ship depends on the outcome of this discussion."

Crix gestures to Tresk.

"Anyway, as Bothawui over there has already pointed out, I'm no Bounty Hunter, I'm just a freighter pilot. Sure, I used to be one of the Empire's Storm Commandoes, which means I'm a trained sabotuer and assassin, but that's not my line of work nowadays. My current line of work doesn't involve killing, and I don't share the Empire's view on life. I just do whatever I need in order to earn a decent living and stay out of the Empire's crosshairs, so if you seriously expect me to participate in this little plot, the Hutt will have to make it worthwhile to me. Otherwise, she can simply conclude the job I was hired for : to fly you people here to Nar Shaddaa to see her. I've completed my end of that deal, all that's left is the matter of my fee." Crix turns back toward Mampossa. "So the ball's in your court, so to speak."

Jan Tolbara
26 February 2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by KnightStalker
Crix turns to glance at Shadow. "As for my ship, it's in no need of an overhaul yet, it's in fair condition, and I have alternate transpoder codes I can switch to. All the ship is lacking is a full payload in both of the missile launchers, so unless the Hutt has got 8 concussion missiles laying around that she can spare, all she has of interest to me would be money."

Turning to Crix, Shadow flatly states, "I was not committing your ship, but merely assessing what they have in mind as far as an 'overhaul'."

After listening to the rest of Crix's remarks, Shadow turns back to Mampossa and says, "Chunkay ix ame kin waronga vo pimulira a ni jiji soyari. Ainti tala ta bargon. Nix sipha masbargon? Bargon u noa a-uyat makan ubisti." (I must agree that 3,000 is a low payment for such bounty hunters as us. Your generosity has no limits. Maybe we can renegotiate? You will be rewarded if you do.)

Skreem
27 February 2004, 10:35 AM
As the conversation goes on, each of you feel a tenseness in the air. However, there is no blatant cause; unless of course it's brought about by the sweat dripping from Mampossa's slime encrusted third chin each time she speaks or laughs.

Kerdan: As you scan around the room, not content with the obvious distractions, you pick up in various locations near each of the collared individuals you assume to be Mampossa's servants, weapons of all manner. Although you cannot tell how skilled, if any, the individuals might be - you are certain that Mampossa is not worried about her dealings with you.

Ronin
29 February 2004, 09:28 PM
OOC: IIRC no one`s got a particularly high Diplomacy skill...so thank your lucky stars we`re not gonna do the negotiations by dice rolls :D

The old Geonosian looks to Tresk:
"That data card contains information pertinant to this job. You will recieve 1000 credits for obtaining it now, and 2 thousand upon completing the mission successfully."

There`s a sqeak of sweatty vinyl as Mampossa shifts her considerable bulk uncomfortably.
:hutt: "You drive a hard bargain. Six thousand each. Four now. Two when you hand over the target."

The Geonosian turns to Crix: "Believe me, there is a very large Imperial bounty upon the head of a certain former-storm-commando and his stolen ship. Also our information sources are considerably better than yours (he then reels off your exact ID code from your time in the storm commandoes)...should your ship come within lightyears of Imperial space, you will spend the rest of your life hammering stones into smaller stones on an Imperial penal world. You will be passengers on an unmarked freighter to Mon Calamari if you take this mission. Don`t worry fly-boy, you`ll have opportunities a plenty to show off your prowess, I`m sure. While you are away your ship will be overhauled, fresh transponder codes downloaded to it`s CPU,....and we`ll see what we can do about missiles...and the Bothan`s ship."

The Geonosian turns to Mampossa.
She nods.
The turns back to you and continues.
"If you accept the mission, depending on your demands, we may be able to give you some of the equipment you`ll need."

:hutt: "The ball, how you say, is `in your court`"

Jan Tolbara
1 March 2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Ronin
The old Geonosian looks to Tresk:
"That data card contains information pertinant to this job. You will recieve 1000 credits for obtaining it now, and 2 thousand upon completing the mission successfully."

There`s a sqeak of sweatty vinyl as Mampossa shifts her considerable bulk uncomfortably.
:hutt: "You drive a hard bargain. Six thousand each. Four now. Two when you hand over the target."

:hutt: "The ball, how you say, is `in your court`"

Shadow turns her head to glare at the Bothan through the expressionless faceplate of her helmet. Despite her few words, the intensity in her voice betrays her attitude as she poignantly asks while her hand flexes dangerously close to the handle of her blaster pistol, "Is this acceptable?"

coldskier0320
1 March 2004, 08:52 AM
Tresk turns to face Shadow, his eyes ablaze with indignation. Quickly though, he gets his expression under control and murmurs to the soldier,

"Shadow, you're an intelligent being, you should realize that our services are worth, at least, ten tousand each. You shouldnt settle for anything less than that. Maybe you're willing to take a loss, but I, for one, am not. Please work with the rest of the assembled group here and push for more. Mampossa can afford it."

After this, he returns his icy gaze to the bloated one,

"Mampossa, procuring this datacard for you is a seperate business arrangement than this new venture. I have completed my end of the deal, as per our arrangements. I want five thousand for it. If we dont complete this assignment, the information will be useful for you to hire out another group."

Tresk pauses for a moment to let the hutt ponder his words before speaking again,

"I also believe that the services of myself and my associate here, "

He gestures to Garadios,

"would command at least twelve thousand each, but under the circumstances, I would be willing to work for ten. Less still if you could promise me that waiver..."

8Dark_Prince6
1 March 2004, 05:11 PM
Garadios glances over to Tresk then back at Mampossa "Mampossa, I request thirteen thousand, no less. Half now and half when I bring back your bounty's head on my Vibrorapier and draging the rest of his corpse.

Garadios turns his head back to Tresk and winks. Then turns back

"Mampossa do we have deal?

OOC: Garadios sometimes likes to bring in his bounties like that if needed

Crymoon
2 March 2004, 09:44 AM
Kerdaan looks around with slight amazement... He'll wait for whatever outcome will be an smile happily then... :D

Ronin
2 March 2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by 8Dark_Prince6
Garadios glances over to Tresk then back at Mampossa "Mampossa, I request thirteen thousand, no less. Half now and half when I bring back your bounty's head on my Vibrorapier and draging the rest of his corpse.

Garadios turns his head back to Tresk and winks. Then turns back

"Mampossa do we have deal?

OOC: Garadios sometimes likes to bring in his bounties like that if needed

:hutt: "You brainless fool! Do you have Bantha poodoo in your ears?! The target is defecting to my organisation! You are to deliver him ALIVE! Do you hear me?! Alive! Need I pound that through your thick, bloodthirsty skull?"

:hutt: "Shadow...I don`t know what kind of associates you work with nowadays, but the ability to remember and subsequently follow instructions is considered, in many lines of business....to be a virtue!"
Mampossa is quivering with anger.

The Geonosian steps forward, while slaves towel off the fuming Hutt.
The aging alien looks first to Tresk: "Four thousand for the data card...and we will look into the current location of your ship."

To the rest of you: "Eight thousand, three now, five on completion. Do not waste my time gentlebeings. You are not the only bounty hunters in the galaxy....and some of you are proving your lack of professionalism."
He glares at Garadios.

OOC: people, don`t push it. And please try to remember the mission perameters. Too much "Yeah, we`re hard, we`re the best" will get you dead.:)

Jan Tolbara
2 March 2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
Garadios glances over to Tresk then back at Mampossa "Mampossa, I request thirteen thousand, no less. Half now and half when I bring back your bounty's head on my Vibrorapier and draging the rest of his corpse.

Shadow rolls her eyes back in exasperation.


:hutt: "You brainless fool! Do you have Bantha poodoo in your ears?! The target is defecting to my organisation! You are to deliver him ALIVE! Do you hear me?! Alive! Need I pound that through your thick, bloodthirsty skull?"

:hutt: "Shadow...I don`t know what kind of associates you work with nowadays, but the ability to remember and subsequently follow instructions is considered, in many lines of business....to be a virtue!"
Mampossa is quivering with anger.

The Geonosian steps forward, while slaves towel off the fuming Hutt.
The aging alien looks first to Tresk: "Four thousand for the data card...and we will look into the current location of your ship."

To the rest of you: "Eight thousand, three now, five on completion. Do not waste my time gentlebeings. You are not the only bounty hunters in the galaxy....and some of you are proving your lack of professionalism."
He glares at Garadios.

Hurriedly, Shadow answers, "Uyna kul ta paguta!" (We will accept your offer!)

"E," she continues before anyone else can speak, "zayko pawajaiz jiji a ya yobasko yana." (And, we apologize for the shameful business.") She bows her head to Mampossa as she gives her statement.

Turning to the rest of the group, Shadow mentions in a low but anxious voice, "Time to go!" and attempts to usher the rest of the group out of the room.

8Dark_Prince6
3 March 2004, 07:52 AM
Garadios glares slightly at Mampossa then glances over at Shadow. "Fine" he mumbles under his breath. Then starts to turn to leave.

Crymoon
3 March 2004, 09:55 AM
Kerdan bows slightly towards Mampossa smiling and moves a few steps to Shadow whispering: Did you apologize for our frineds rash behaviour...? If yes I give you my solemn thanks. If not maybe you could do it just now, pls... his eyes and smile didn't change for a moment still smiling and giving an impression of him being generaly happy...

coldskier0320
3 March 2004, 10:40 AM
Tresk, sensing that he'd pushed the hutt as far as she was willing to go, became more than willing to let the subject go. Four thousand was quite the respectable amount for the datacard, and eight thousand for what could amount to a simple pick up was definitely fair.

Turning to Mampossa, and attempting to ignore the madly gesturing Shadow, he addresses the hutt directly.

"Mampossa, you have shown your generosity and wisdom once again, and you will not be dissappointed. I am under the impression that payment for the datacard will be on my credit chip?"

With that, he strides up to the aging Geonosian and hands over the card. Then he turns to leave the room with the rest of his colleagues. Just before he leaves, he turns, almost as if he had forgotten something. Turning to face the smelly hutt once again, he leans forward, as if to bow, but at the last minute turns it into a curt nod and a grin. Just to throw Mampossa off even more, he waves goodbye to her and laughs as he rounds the corner out of the audience chamber.

This had been a profitable visit.

Jan Tolbara
3 March 2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Crymoon
Kerdan bows slightly towards Mampossa smiling and moves a few steps to Shadow whispering: Did you apologize for our frineds rash behaviour...? If yes I give you my solemn thanks. If not maybe you could do it just now, pls... his eyes and smile didn't change for a moment still smiling and giving an impression of him being generaly happy...

Shadow whispers back, "Yes, I did already."

KnightStalker
3 March 2004, 05:04 PM
Before joining the others as they depart, Crix steps over to the Geonosian.

"Before we get going on this job of yours, there's still the matter of my payment for bringing this group here. If you'll just transfer the payment to my credit chip."

Crix holds his credchip out to the Geonosian for the money transfer.

"One other quick question. Are you providing us with the gear for this mission, or do I have time to collect my personal gear from my ship before we depart?"

Ronin
4 March 2004, 05:06 AM
The Geonosian sighs and transfers the payment to Crix`s chip.

OOC: how much did you and Skreem agree on?...I`ll check with Skreem...

The Geonosian hands you back your credit chip, and the datacard.
"As I said, this datacard contains data pertinant to your mission. Namely the basic layout and some recon data for the Krakana pirate`s base. Take it back to your ship, where I suggest you and your people take some time to plan."

"I will join you momentarily to brief you fully and answer any further questions."

The tense atmosphere fades slightly, the masseurs go back to work, smoke and the scent of spice fills the air as you head back to Crix`s ship.

OOC: I`ll give you a little time before the Geonosian joins you and gives you the info.
When you`re in Crix`s ship, you`re alone, none of Mampossa`s people are with you, so say what you will...:)

8Dark_Prince6
5 March 2004, 10:19 AM
As Garadios boards Crix's ship he pulls Tresk aside.
"This hunt for Mampossa better be worth stopping our other hunt. If not crap will hit the fan. You tend to want we need, Ill keep in contact with our sources from the previous hunt."
With that Garadios takes to his quaters.

Ronin
17 March 2004, 05:22 PM
After a few minutes of idle waiting in your ship (during which you notice that Shadow didn't follow you back to your ship...), the elderly Geonosian hobbles up the ramp, Shadow at his side.

He gathers you in the rec-room and brings out a holorecorder.
It displays a grainy image of a Quarren (possibly male), though distinctly different to any other you have seen: this one has flawless chrome eyeballs (the eyelids of which appear sore and red), and much of the back of his head has been replaced by chunky cyberware.
(Think Quarren-version-of-Lobot)
"This is Yolikk Tau. The chief navigator, forger and slicer for the Krakana Pirates. He is your target. He has shown interest in defecting to the Nasirii clan (Mampossa's family), and has provided information to prove his honesty..."
The image changes to that of an organic-looking aquatic base.
"This is the Krakana's base on Mon Calamari. Believed to be close to Morjanssik city. Our freighter will take you to Morjanssik city. From there you are to pinpoint their base, get to it, extract Yolikk Tau, and get him back to Morjanssik."
The Geonosian takes out a handfull of small metallic chips.
"These are open tickets for theBelseris Steed , a luxury starliner which leaves Morjanssik city and ships the rich and well-to-do to Kothlis in Bothan Space. Get Yolikk Tau and yourselves aboard the liner and our people will meet you when you get to Kothlis. From when you arrive on Mon Cal, you've got 3 days before the starliner leaves. Make sure you're on it."
"Questions?"

OOC; here's the holo of their base

8Dark_Prince6
17 March 2004, 06:57 PM
Garadios looks over at the Geonosian What defenses are we dealing with, detectors, gunnery things like that. And can we cripple it for a short enough time to get in without them noticing?

Jan Tolbara
17 March 2004, 07:55 PM
Shadow ponders the image of the base for a brief moment before saying, "Are there any aerial images of the city and the surrounding area available? It would help to narrow down our choices for its location.

"Also, how big is this freighter that we will be traveling to Mon Calamari on?"

KnightStalker
17 March 2004, 10:18 PM
Cirx looks at the holo of the base.

"Here's another coupla tactical questions for you. How much of the base is submerged, and how many exhaust and intake vents are estimated to have inadequate security which we may be able to take advantage of?"

Crix glances at the others.

"Assuming their security is lax enough for us to exploit an improperly guarded vent, getting in and out may not be so difficult."

Crymoon
18 March 2004, 02:36 AM
Kerdan after looking at the schematics nods his head after listening to other's questions and adds:

"What do we know about their activities, when do they leave the base, how many pirates do we have to deal with, can we enter their base in a "legitimate" way, maybe they'd like to fence or maybe they need mercenaries?

Otherwise we'll have to infiltrate it silently and it doesn't seem easy, probably as Crix mentioned we'll have to do it by vents from the water level or even from below as I don't believe that nearing the base with the ship would be a wise move.. " he smiles slightly..

'And one more, what do we know about water creatures living there and I mean monsters not some nice cuddly fish"

coldskier0320
18 March 2004, 03:03 AM
Tresk glances back and forth, at each of his companions in turn as they speak, smirking at some comments, and glancing skeptically at the mention of others. Eventually, everyone has their time to speak. Tresk, in an uncharacteristically quiet mood, does not take the time to deliver any amount of rhetoric or to ruthlessly question to aging Geonosian's proposition. He simply waits until everyone has spoken their peace then adds,

"I'm interested to hear the answers to these questions my colleagues have posed. They've pretty much covered everything. I, for one, like the idea o sneaking in through a vent or intake, lets just be careful not to get ourselves crushed in machinery. Also, I think everyone should keep in mind that the quieter we do this, the better off we'll all be. After all, if he's suddenly missing, they will think it a kidnapping, and that the...biotech...is still in their support, which could be advantageous in ways none of us can forsee at this point."

Ronin
18 March 2004, 05:48 AM
The Geonosian takes a deep breath :D...

"Firstly, the base; matters are complicated by the fact that it is rumoured to be submergeable.....it's an old, though-to-be abandoned Quarren military installation from the days when the Quarren and Mon-Calamari were at war with each other...there should be no more than eight such installations within 100km of Morjanssik city. That should help narrow down your search."

"Note that all of our recon information is second hand (he glances at Tresk), though Tau himself has provided as much as he can in encoded transmissions...the base is apparently just under 500m in overall diameter, rises to approximately 120m above the ocean's surface...and can submerge to the ocean's base. These installations were generally build on underwater mountains, so it probably submerges no deeper than 50m."

"The central pod, as you would expect, is the 3C hub. That pod has 3 floors, including that underslung bulge. The top floor of the hub contains 8 turrets, and the commander's lounge. the middle floor is multi-purpose. that lower bulge is a speeder/sub garage."

"Each outer pod contains a hangar, though not all are occupied. The pirates have 3 light frieghters and 4 fighters. Tau was not able to provide us with specific models. It is not uncommon for them to have a captured ship in the empty pod. Each outer pod acts as a security station, and has 3 turrets."

"Each of the installation's turrets is primarily designed to protect the station from above. Common proceedure during the Quarren/Mon-Cal fighting was for the base to launch fighters, then all-but submerge. The original armament was one light blaster cannon per turret. I think we can assume these have been removed and replaced with more modern armament."

"Each pod contains a sensor array, the specific media are unknown but expected to include sonar and modern sensor matrices."

"As I believe I mentioned before, there are dozens of pirates aboard the base...but no more than fifty or sixty. The base is never left unguarded. All of the pirates are either Quarren or Mon-Calamari. They are not known to deal with offworlders."

"As for entry: the machinery at the base of each leg is one possibility. There are maintainance ducts running up each leg, which would grant you access to an outer pod. As for garbage disposal...we don't possess that information. There are airlocks in the main pod's lower bulge (the speeder garage) and in each outer pod".

OOC: hope I didn't miss anything. Sorry if I did! :)

Ronin
18 March 2004, 05:52 AM
Slightly improved "holo"

Ronin
25 March 2004, 04:57 PM
"Well, if you're all ready, we shall proceed to your transport to Mon Calamari. The Nasirii clan maintains various legitimate businesses, and you'll be taken to Morjanssik city aboard one of our freighters as passengers."

As the Geonosian leads you back through the Nasirii palace-complex, he pulls out a data pad...
"So, gentlebeings, within reason, is there any equipment you think you'll need?"

(Just this then we can blastoff:))

Jan Tolbara
26 March 2004, 07:17 PM
Shadow responds, "I could use a couple of aquata breathers, a code cylinder, some extra power packs and a security kit. Can you throw in a couple of thermal detonators, too?"

Crymoon
27 March 2004, 10:30 AM
"Aqua breathers... yeah that sounds good... and a lightsaber....." Kerdan finished with a great grin "Just joking 'bout the last item... hey it would be also good if we exchanged our comlink codes."

Ronin
27 March 2004, 02:33 PM
"Aquata breathers aren't a problem, and we can provide you with a basic security kit," the Geonosian pulls a commlink from his voluminous robes and speaks (in his own language) into it, presumably forwarding your requests to be loaded aboard the transport.
"As for thermal detonators...those, sadly are in short supply recently."

Ronin
1 April 2004, 06:05 PM
As Shadow whispers something to the Geonosian, he seems to add something to the list he's forwarding to "his people".

After a few more minutes of leading you through turbolifts and corridors you arrive in a small hangar, one wall open to the vast expanse of Nar Shaddaa's world-spanning city...similar to Coruscant in many ways, except covered with pollution, grime...and crime.

Sat in the middle of the hangar is a nondescript grey YT-1210 light freighter. A Rodian in a flight suit is overseeing a pair of ASP utility droids loading crates onto the cargo-lift.
At a call from the Geonosian, the Rodian turns...and you immediately notice his glowing red right cybernetic eye. The Rodian strides across to meet you.
"This" motioning to the Rodian; "is Clyche. He'll be your pilot for the trip to Mon Cal".
The Geonosian turns to Clyche; "these are some advisors the Lady has hired to handle some personnel management in our Mon Cal operations."

The Rodian nods, not appearing to care much; "Yeah...I got your 'special requests'...Well, if we're all ready," he says in passable Basic; "let's get going..."

Jan Tolbara
2 April 2004, 04:32 PM
"Actually," Shadow interjects, "I need to retrieve one of my 'special requests' before we depart."

Crymoon
3 April 2004, 12:37 AM
Kerdan smiles to Clyche "You're gonna be shipping us....? Great! I'm Kerdan. It'll be a pleasure. Where is my bunk?"

coldskier0320
6 April 2004, 08:38 AM
Happy to finally be getting the mission into motion, Trest brings up the rear of the small party, eyes alert at every turn. When they reach the docking bay, he takes in the exchange between the Geonosian, Rodian, and Human with indifference.


"Well, if we're all ready let's get going..."

At this, Tresk's fur ripples, glad to be getting of this hell-hole of a moon, but annoyed at his mode of conveyance. As he eyes the freighter, he sums up his opinion of the vessel in a single, derisive snort.


"You're gonna be shipping us....? Great! I'm Kerdan. It'll be a pleasure. Where is my bunk?"

Not nearly so friendly after dealing with all varieties of the galaxy's scum, Tresk wordlessly stalks past the assembly and up into the ship, looking for the best room not obviously taken by the pilot or any other crew which may be accompanying them.

Jan Tolbara
11 April 2004, 04:24 AM
Shadow board the ship and retrieves the package that's waiting for her.

She finds Clyche and says, "I'll be back in a moment. Don't take off!"

Shadow leaves the ship and disappears inside one of the hangar's utility rooms. A few minutes later, she emerges dressed in a flat black flight suit with matching ski mask covering her head. A pair of dark goggles covers her eyes.

Carrying her armor and her unnecessary equipment to the Geonosian, she says, "Make sure these are stored securely. I plan on picking them up when I return."

Once in his hands, she makes sure that her blaster and equipment are all in place and boards the ship once more.

8Dark_Prince6
11 April 2004, 05:39 PM
As Garadios boards the ship he flashes a glance out of the corner of his eyes at the Rodian and continues getting on the ship. Once on the ship Garadios finds an empty room for himself. Turning around to the others he states "Do not disturbe me till we reach the planet or if its a dire situation."

Skreem
20 April 2004, 12:06 PM
After the last member of the group boards the ship, and the door closes, "Get comfy," Clyche dryly comments to no one in particular as he heads up to the cockpit. Shortly thereafter, the engines of the YT-1210 kick on, and the light frieghter lifts out of the hangar. Within a few moments, you hit deep space and make the jump to lightspeed.

Those of you heading off to rooms notice spartan conditions - not to be unexpected - in relatively good repair. Although you wonder the last time a droid came through to straighten things up as things are not kept very organised. Sheets tossed loosely on the bunks, pillows on floors, seats not set nicely in a corner, and the like. This ship has either recently been searched, or just picked up from a junkyard.

Anyone staying in the main area notices a similar situation. However moments after the jump, Clyche walks into the area and pulls up a seat. "Alright. So we understand eachother - I'm to drop you off on Mon Cal, at the city of Morjanssik. I have other business to attend to, so don't expect a tour." With that, he kicks his feet up onto a table, and leans to overlook a holo-terminal, skimming through his collection of vids.

Jan Tolbara
20 April 2004, 05:14 PM
Shadow walks into the main area and looks around.

"Hmmm, homey." she mutters as she finds a seat and sits down for the launch.


Anyone staying in the main area notices a similar situation. However moments after the jump, Clyche walks into the area and pulls up a seat. "Alright. So we understand eachother - I'm to drop you off on Mon Cal, at the city of Morjanssik. I have other business to attend to, so don't expect a tour." With that, he kicks his feet up onto a table, and leans to overlook a holo-terminal, skimming through his collection of vids.

"So, how long will it take for us to get there?" inquires Shadow after a brief second of silence.

Skreem
23 April 2004, 12:13 PM
Clyche looks up from his collection, "2 days." He grumbles something under his breath as he tosses a vid to the back of the pile.

Conversations, or lack of them, continue and Clyche remains gruff and untalkative throughout. He plays various vids throughout the trip ranging from music concerts to action movies.

Everyone has been free to do with this time basically whatever they want. The ship then drops out of hyperspace and Clyche reluctantly walks back to the cockpit, "Finally."

The ship moves and repositions as it is manuevered into a docking bay. The door to the cockpit is kept closed throughout. Once the engines shut down, Clyche comes out of the cockpit and opens the loading bay door. "This is your stop."

Crymoon
23 April 2004, 10:41 PM
"It was a great pleasure to be traveling with you" says Kerdan with a smily but also with faintly noticable signs of irony in his voice.
He takes his bag and waits at the ramp for the rest of his companions then follows them trying to start some conversation...

KnightStalker
24 April 2004, 04:39 PM
Crix gathers up all of his gear and securely packs it all away in his pack & utility belt and checks his weapons before concealing them on himself where they're well-hidden but fully accessible in case of trouble. Once he's ready he joins the others as they prepare to disembark the ship.

8Dark_Prince6
24 April 2004, 05:14 PM
Garadios emerges from his quaters making the final adjustments to his clothing making sure that his Vibrorapier is safely tucked way from anyone seeing or finding it. With a small uneasy huff of breath he heads for the ramp. Standing with the rest of the company he flashes them all glances but pausing on Clyche for a bit longer than the others.

coldskier0320
26 April 2004, 03:18 AM
Tresk emerges from the room he'd commandeered for the past two days looking much the same as he did when he came in. Without a word, he stalks toward the door. Just before going through the hatch, he takes one last glance around the ship, his fur ripples, and he continues on his way.

Ronin
26 April 2004, 06:59 AM
The first thing you notice as you step off the ship's ramp and onto the hangerbay's deck is that it's gently rocking...you're in an outlying hangar-pod tethered to the main Morjanssik-city hub by a long, thick transit tube some 100 or so meters long...
instead of fighting against nature, the hangar pods gently bob on the ocean's waves. A nodoubt comforting sensation for the Mon Cals and Quarren...though not quite so relaxing for you land-lubber's stomachs...

Mon Calamari threw off it's Imperial oppressors some years ago and, following the Battle of Yavin, openly joined the Rebel Alliance...you saw several majestic Mon Cal starcruisers in orbit...with X-wings flitting between them.

Morjanssik itself is predominantly a Quarren city, built by Quarren as a symbol that though they cooperate with and share their planet with their cousins, they can surivive and thrive independant of the Mon Cals.

Compared to other cities on Mon Calamari (such as Coral City and Foamwanderer), Morjanssik is a little on the rough side....a key installation for the Quarren mining operations on the ocean floor.

Exactly how you're gonna find the Krakana pirate's base is up to you...

Clyche begins directing ASP droids to unload his cargo as the Quarren dockmaster approaches, nervously eyeing each of you...particularly Tresk openly brandishing his sniper rifle...

coldskier0320
26 April 2004, 08:14 AM
Clyche begins directing ASP droids to unload his cargo as the Quarren dockmaster approaches, nervously eyeing each of you...particularly Tresk openly brandishing his sniper rifle...

Tresk can't help but notice the Quarren eyeing his weapon. After a particularly dull, unenjoyable voyage, this is the icing on the cake.

You've gotta be kidding me. Of all the... As Tresk strides confidently across the gently bobbing plaform, he once again thanks his genetics that seasickness had never really affected him, except in extreme circumstances, and now he only experienced a mild discomfort.

Eventually, he made it to the Quarren. Cradling his elegant-looking rifle in his left arm, he extends his right hand to the alien. Considering he shot rifle left-handed, this didnt really slow him down in terms of battle readiness.

"Greetings, friend! We've just set down after a long journey, the name's Melan'ia, Karka Melan'ia, and I've come to Mon Calamari on behalf of the Bounty Hunters' Guild in search of several subjects wanted by the Guild. I noticed you were a mite concerned about the nature of my weapon here, and I can assure you that it comples with all interstellar weapons standards. My rifle here is an X-45, made by SoroSuub, a legal, civilian sport weapon, and in no way a military or assault weapon. I sincerely hope that you will not interfere with my activities here on Mon Calamari, to that end, I assure you that no civilians will be harmed. Other than that, is there any problem with our presence here?"

Jan Tolbara
29 April 2004, 03:20 PM
Briefly observing the interaction between the Bothan and the Quarren dockmaster, Shadow shakes her head in mild amusement. Once the moment subsides, she attempts to gather the group together.

"We need to find this pirate base as quickly as possible," Shadow states once the group assembles. "I'm going to find a public computer terminal, or a dataport if one isn't available, and begin some research that way. How about the rest of you?"

Skreem
29 April 2004, 03:57 PM
The dockmaster watches intently as the Bothan approaches him and goes on giving his right to carry his rifle. Once satisfied that Tresk has finished he responds in kind, "Alright, I got it. You're legal. Not my job anyway." He then nervously looks around to find Clyche, taking care of his supplies and heads over to chat with him.

8Dark_Prince6
29 April 2004, 05:56 PM
Garadios standing next to Shadow smirks at his companions statement "That's my prick".


"We need to find this pirate base as quickly as possible," Shadow states once the group assembles. "I'm going to find a public computer terminal, or a dataport if one isn't available, and begin some research that way. How about the rest of you?"

He turns his head towards Shadow "Ill run thru the dark and scum infested areas and see what I can spy on."

OOC: Garadios can find out what he can weather he has to force it out of someone or just eavesdrop. He'll report what he finds.

Crymoon
30 April 2004, 01:06 PM
He turns his head towards Shadow "Ill run thru the dark and scum infested areas and see what I can spy on."


"I'll join you, if you don't mind... I bet I can come in handy in such a search. says Kerdan with a smile.

OOC: Gather Information...may come be useful, I may also find someone who wants to play for information..

8Dark_Prince6
30 April 2004, 05:15 PM
"I'll join you, if you don't mind... I bet I can come in handy in such a search. says Kerdan with a smile.

Garadios turns his head towards Kerdan with the look of oh great a tag-along. "I usually like to do this alone but I guess I can make an exception this time"

Jan Tolbara
30 April 2004, 11:18 PM
"Good," replies Shadow. "Crix, how about you?"

KnightStalker
3 May 2004, 05:17 PM
Turning to Shadow, Crix replies "I'll watch your back, but I'll do so as discreetly as possible while blending in with the crowd. If somebody starts taking an unusual amount of interest in your activities, you'll need the backup."

Crix proceeds to follow Shadow from a distance while blending into the various passersby and keeps an eye out for anybody paying more attention to her than the casual glance.

coldskier0320
4 May 2004, 03:12 AM
Eventually, Tresk speaks up,

"I will use my Guild contacts to get some information. Where do you folks want to meet up and when?" :?

Ronin
4 May 2004, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by coldskier0320
"Where do you folks want to meet up and when?" :?
OOC: a very good question! I'll post this update, and let you all agree via your commlinks on where and when to rendezvous.

Shadow and Crix wander off into the main starport building and find themselves a public databooth (think: phonebox), Shadow enters and begins her searches while Crix stands outside, leaning against the side of the booth looking casual and scanning the crowd...
Crix: Morjanssik starport get quite a lot of traffic, but not nearly as much as the larger cities like Foamwanderer or Coral City. Most of the spacers here are Quarren, with a few offworlders thrown into the mix...you also see four or five orange-jumpsuit clad Rebel Alliance pilots heading from a secure hangar to the city centre.
Shadow: Welcome to Morjanssik City Public Databooth number 27C. Please input your query.
KRAKANA PIRATES
OOC: cutting to the details, note that your datasearching and reading the subsequent documents takes several minutes.
You find several Holonet news reports from the past year or two, (particularly the last year since the death of Prince Xixor and the fragmentation of Black Sun)…the ones from the Imperial news agencies claim that the Krakana pirates are Rebel-funded alien cut-throats, raiding aid convoys and ships of the righteous Imperial Navy. Apparently the devious alien marauders strike without warning from their homeworld: the traitor planet Mon Calamari, steal valuables and space the unfortunate crews of ships they attack.
On the other hand the Alliance news agencies have less to say, just that the Pirates are a nuisance; drawing more Imperial attention to Mon Calamari, but they haven’t proven to be a threat to the Alliance yet. Publicly it seems the Alliance hasn’t made any attempts to contact the pirates or track them to their base.
The independent sources give mixed opinions: some hail the pirates as heroes, some say they’re common criminals, some are campaigning for holo-dramas to be made about the pirates’ exploits…their leader: Rihan Je’s Imperial wanted poster has even made it onto the cover of “Wave”: a Mon Calamari gossip magazine.
The only hard facts you find is that their base is rumoured to be near Morjanssik city, but the news-nets don’t have any hard facts.

OOC: remember: only Shadow has all this information at the moment.Query: Rihan Je
You find out that Rihan Je is quite well known on Mon Calamari, but only for the last two years or so. Earlier than that you can’t find any information at all…He’s known to have a cybernetic right arm, and is apparently deadly with a vibro-rapier. Physically he’s very tall for a Quarren and muscular. The Krakana pirate’s success is apparently due to his cunning tactics…
Query: Yolikk Tau
Your searches of the public databases turn up…nothing…

Ronin
4 May 2004, 03:46 AM
Also checking a public databooth, Tresk finds out the location of the Morjanssik city Bounty Hunter's Guild.....sublevel 2 (i.e. below waterlevel), section 7F.
Checking a map in the booth you find out it's not too far, and you set off into the heart of the city.
As you get deeper into the floating city you notice how much it is tailored for Quarren physiology (more than the more off-worlder-friendly Mon-Cal dominated cities): the air is a little too damp for your liking.
Weaving through the smooth corridors, passing stores, cantinas, hotels, and other myriad businesses, you take a couple of turbolifts down and eventually come to the Guild offices: a heavy armoured blast door with a Guild crest clearly identifies the location.
The towering pair of cybered-up Trandoshan cradling blaster rifles either side of the door kinda help too.
As you approach, their glowing red cyber-eyes focus on you...

Ronin
4 May 2004, 04:00 AM
Garadios also heads into the city, steadily heading deeper and deeper into the city's bowels....seeking the shadows and the filth of the city.

Eventually, seven levels down you find a dark, dimly lit street with numerous alleyways leading off, the whole area lit by dull red emergency-style lighting. Various (probably illegal) cantinas and gambling dens have been set up hotch-potch between coolant pipes and structural girders. You're lucky to have low-light vision, a human would be tripping over the dead vermin and loose cables.
Scanning the people in the 'street' you can make out several homeless of various species, a few gamblers and spacers who like the rougher side of town, and particularly grabbing your attention: a trio of young Quarren punks.
The three are leaning against the corner of the street and an alleyway some 15m away. All are clad in dirty grey coveralls, with red sashes, and have several rings pierced through their facial tentacles. One has more piercings than the others, possibly the leader. All appear to have clubs (bent plasteel pipes, a crowbar, and a wrench to be precise)...

coldskier0320
4 May 2004, 04:25 AM
As you approach, their glowing red cyber-eyes focus on you...

Tresk had seen many an intimidating sight in his day, still he wouldn't exactly describe this sort of attention as comforting. As the comparatively short bothan bears the heavy gaze of the two sentinels, Tresk works up his sense of self-confidence, gained through years of dealing with all sorts of beings in the galaxy. In fact, his own species were often the hardest people to deal with. Still, trandoshans were not known for their sense of diplomacy nor their receptionist's skills, and a pair of them, each cybernetically enhanced, was a formidable presence indeed.

Stepping up to one of the Trandoshan guards, Tresk explained himself,

"Greetings, my name is Tresk Nay'syk, Bothan guild member originally of Bothawui. I've arrived here by way of Nar Shadaa on a hunt, and need access to the guild's databases to further my tracking of my target."

With this, he hands the scaled alien his Guild membership ID and waits for a response...

Ronin
4 May 2004, 04:37 AM
The nearest Trandoshan grunts and takes your ID card, holding it up to his left eye.
You notice that the cyber-eye turns blue as he studies the card, the it return to red.
He hands the card back to you and steps aside as the blast door swings open (double thickness you notice). Inside is quite a surprise: a well furnished office. Atmos-regulators in the ceiling maintain a more confortable environment, the blue carpet is deep and plush, the walls are polished chrome and holos of the Guild's most famous members decorate the walls.
In the middle of the spacious room is a desk, with exquisitely pruned dwarf baforr trees in pots at each corner. A small data-console is built into the centre of the desk. Behind it is sat a middle-aged Umbaran...
as you approach he unplugs a fibre-optic jack from the back of his neck and raises his head to look at you.
“Well now, Tresk Nay’syk,” the Umbaran briefly checks his dataconsole, after a second his face displays mild surprise; “nine successful bounties, four of which were executions as requested by the client, five brought back alive, and a healthy mixture of work for both the Empire and the Rebellion,” he nods his head in approval for a moment and turns back to you with a slightly more helpful expression.
“How can I be of assistance, Hunter Nay’syk?”

coldskier0320
4 May 2004, 07:39 AM
“Well now, Tresk Nay’syk,” the Umbaran briefly checks his dataconsole, after a second his face displays mild surprise; “nine successful bounties, four of which were executions as requested by the client, five brought back alive, and a healthy mixture of work for both the Empire and the Rebellion,” he nods his head in approval for a moment and turns back to you with a slightly more helpful expression.

“How can I be of assistance, Hunter Nay’syk?”



Glad that his reputation had more or less preceded him, even here, to this planet he's never actually carried out business on, Tresk allows himself a mental pat on the back. Outwardly, he keeps a straight face and nods modestly at the Umbaran's implied compliment. He was glad to see that the SpyNet was not the only group that saw the value of neutrality in these turbulent times.

Before beggining, Tresk takes a further two steps into the room, feeling the thick blue carpeting envelope his boots, breathing in the drier, more pleasant air, and feeling the moisture captured by his fur slowly evaporating in the more comfortable climate.

"I come to Mon Calamari under contract from an independent client."

Tresk is careful to conceal the nature of his business, knowing that the Umbaran would rather not know the goings-on of the hunters that pass through his jurisdiction.

"I come in search of a group called the krakana pirates, and need all the information you are able to supply about the group and their leader, Rihan Je.

Tresk pauses a moment to study the Umbaran's expression before presenting his last bit of information.

"Also appreciated would be any information the guild could provide pertaining to one Yolikk Tau, another, side-figure of interest to my client, and a possible lead for further contracts for the guild."

Jan Tolbara
4 May 2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Ronin
Shadow: Welcome to Morjanssik City Public Databooth number 27C. Please input your query.

"Okay," Shadow mumbles to herself while she types, "let's try this."


KRAKANA PIRATES
OOC: cutting to the details, note that your datasearching and reading the subsequent documents takes several minutes.
You find several Holonet news reports from the past year or two, (particularly the last year since the death of Prince Xixor and the fragmentation of Black Sun)…the ones from the Imperial news agencies claim that the Krakana pirates are Rebel-funded alien cut-throats, raiding aid convoys and ships of the righteous Imperial Navy. Apparently the devious alien marauders strike without warning from their homeworld: the traitor planet Mon Calamari, steal valuables and space the unfortunate crews of ships they attack.

"Hmph, not surprising."


On the other hand the Alliance news agencies have less to say, just that the Pirates are a nuisance; drawing more Imperial attention to Mon Calamari, but they haven’t proven to be a threat to the Alliance yet. Publicly it seems the Alliance hasn’t made any attempts to contact the pirates or track them to their base.
The independent sources give mixed opinions: some hail the pirates as heroes, some say they’re common criminals, some are campaigning for holo-dramas to be made about the pirates’ exploits…their leader: Rihan Je’s Imperial wanted poster has even made it onto the cover of “Wave”: a Mon Calamari gossip magazine.

"That's something you don't see everyday."


The only hard facts you find is that their base is rumoured to be near Morjanssik city, but the news-nets don’t have any hard facts.

With a frown, Shadow says, "Nothing new there. Let's try this one."


OOC: remember: only Shadow has all this information at the moment.

OOC: I'll see if I can remedy that somewhat.


Query: Rihan Je
You find out that Rihan Je is quite well known on Mon Calamari, but only for the last two years or so. Earlier than that you can’t find any information at all…He’s known to have a cybernetic right arm, and is apparently deadly with a vibro-rapier. Physically he’s very tall for a Quarren and muscular. The Krakana pirate’s success is apparently due to his cunning tactics…

"That's good to know," she comments to herself as she pulls out her comlink.

She switches it on and begins, "Guys, I have a physical description of Rihan Je, the leader of the pirates. He's a very tall and muscular Quarren with a cybernetic right arm.

"And Garadios, I hope you're good with that rapier of yours."

She switches off the comlink and continues her search.


Query: Yolikk Tau
Your searches of the public databases turn up…nothing…

Under her breath, she says, "Damn!"

OOC: Shadow will try to pull up the satellite photos of the area after this.

8Dark_Prince6
4 May 2004, 01:03 PM
"And Garadios, I hope you're good with that rapier of yours."
Smirks and laughs to himself.


A trio of young Quarren punks. The three are leaning against the corner of the street and an alleyway some 15m away. All are clad in dirty grey coveralls, with red sashes, and have several rings pierced through their facial tentacles. One has more piercings than the others, possibly the leader. All appear to have clubs (bent plasteel pipes, a crowbar, and a wrench to be precise)...

Quickly picking up several small items of debri, enough to fill up a handful. Garadios makes his way around to the alleyway back by the trio. Keeping himself conceld in the shadows he begins to flick debri at them then moving around them in the back alleyway moves to the other side and flicks more at them. Keeping this up till they are in a confused state and starting to freak out.

Ronin
5 May 2004, 02:41 AM
Sublevel-7: Teuthida -gang turf:

As you (Garadios) throw stones, bones and the Force-knows what else at the three gangers, they become visibly angry, scanning the crowd, but not spotting you.
You can hear them cursing in Quarrenese and they all have their clubs in their hands now, knuckles white, their facial tentacles writhing.
As one of your well-thrown screws (attack roll of 17+5=nice one!) catches the leader right in the gills he curses aloud and sends the 2 gangers off into the crowd to look for whoever's throwing stuff at them.
The leader, muttering to himself, starts down the alleyway...
towards you.

Ronin
5 May 2004, 03:02 AM
You have no problems bringing up a sat-holo of the area surrounding Morjanssik city, with a 100km radius marked.
The data-booth asks what features would you like to be displayed on the map?

Ronin
5 May 2004, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by coldskier0320

"I come in search of a group called the krakana pirates, and need all the information you are able to supply about the group and their leader, Rihan Je.

Tresk pauses a moment to study the Umbaran's expression before presenting his last bit of information.

"Also appreciated would be any information the guild could provide pertaining to one Yolikk Tau, another, side-figure of interest to my client, and a possible lead for further contracts for the guild."

The Umbaran grins; "Ah..a hunter who cuts to the nitty-gritty...good, good."
"Well, take a seat Hunter Nay'syk" he says, motioning to a leather recliner infront of his desk.

He replaces the fibre-optic cable in the back of his neck and begins typing on his console.
After a minute or so he un-jacks and turns back to you.
"Well...the Krakana pirates are estimated to be 40 to 50 individuals, almost entirely Quarren though Mon Calamari have been seen. They're known to use an abandoned civil-war submersible base as their headquarters. There are several such bases within 100km of Morjanssik, three within 50km. Official sources would have you believe that they have all been decommissioned and sent to the ocean floor."
The Umbaran grins again.
"But who ever believes official sources, eh?!"
"At least one of the seven is known by the Guild to be an Alliance base, used for training aquatic-combat units. That is the base 30km to the north of Morjanssik. May I recommend against straying in that direction."
"As for the other bases: at least 2 within the 100km area are now operated by Quarren mining companies."
"As for the rest...." he shrugs.
"Actually the Guild hasn't had any dealings involving or with the Krakana...this is the first contract I've heard of relating to them."
He clears his throat.
"Rihan Ji.....ex-Mon Calamari military, served 10 years, his rank upon leaving is unknown. Was honourably discharged after losing his right arm in combat against the Empire in the defence of his home planet. Good pilot and tactician. Known to be deadly with a vibro-rapier. Apparently formed the Krakana pirates soon after leaving the military, and got a cybernetic right arm. No known family, not that our records show anyway. Leads his troops via success, good tactics and, if necessary, intimidation."
"Yolikk Tau.....a Quarren slicer, forger and technician....not a very notable character..." the Umbaran licks his lips and looks you straight in the eyes, "...except for his cyberware. And I'm not talking about his blindness from birth being cured with cybereyes...I mean the borg construct: a Biotech Construct AJ^6, or so our records say...a rather expensive piece of hardware. Though the Guild has no official interest in the Krakana pirates, we do know that Tau, or rather his cyberware, is the real crux...that AJ^6 and it's data is the real reason you're here....or so I'd guess, Hunter Nay'syk."
He sits back and smiles again.
"Good luck Hunter Nay'syk...I'll just say that the Guild is aware that other groups are interested in the Krakana too...we don't know who: we're bounty hunters, not spies, but rumours are rife in the shadows."

8Dark_Prince6
5 May 2004, 07:47 AM
As you (Garadios) throw stones, bones and the Force-knows what else at the three gangers, they become visibly angry, scanning the crowd, but not spotting you.

As Garadios notices the leader of the gang heading towards him he heads towards his right and makes himself as unnoticable as possible. He can hear the leaders heavy footsteps and him muttering.

Ronin
5 May 2004, 07:59 AM
You press yourself up against the wall and stay as quiet as possible...

You can hear the leader approaching...he can't be more than 10m away..when he stops.
You hear some russling of clothes, and the striking of a match.

coldskier0320
5 May 2004, 09:07 AM
"Good luck Hunter Nay'syk...I'll just say that the Guild is aware that other groups are interested in the Krakana too...we don't know who: we're bounty hunters, not spies, but rumours are rife in the shadows."

Tresk curteously nods to the Umbaran.

"Thank you very much. This is just the sort of information I needed. I have one last request before I depart on my hunt: Can you put all the information you just gave me onto a datacard? That way, it will be easier for my colleagues and I to reference. Also, do you have any tips for me as far as hunting on this world?"

((OOC: If the Umbaran agrees, Tresk slips the datacard into an inside pocket, after which he again thanks the Umbaran, and takes his leave of the office, nodding to each of the Trandoshans in turn as he leaves.))

Outside, Tresk again grumbles at the uncomfortable humidity in the air. As he walks down the street, he eventually finds a deserted alleyway. Without slowing, he turns and walks down the length of the alley. Toward the end, he crouches behind a stack of broken crates and pulls out his comlink. Tuning to the private frequency that Shadow, the person he feels is his most valuable ally/asset in this hunt, is using he hails her,

"Shadow, I'm out of Guild HQ, I have some good leads and intel. When and where do you want to meet?"

8Dark_Prince6
5 May 2004, 09:36 AM
You press yourself up against the wall and stay as quiet as possible...
You can hear the leader approaching...he can't be more than 10m away..when he stops.
You hear some russling of clothes, and the striking of a match.

Garadios quickly and quietly draws his Vibrorapier from concelment. Standing lightly away from the corner he waits for the right moment.

OOC: Vibrorapier for putting out the match then attacking him with hand-to-hand combat

Jan Tolbara
6 May 2004, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Ronin
You have no problems bringing up a sat-holo of the area surrounding Morjanssik city, with a 100km radius marked.
The data-booth asks what features would you like to be displayed on the map?

Shadow enters "Artificial structures" and sees what she gets.

Skreem
6 May 2004, 10:18 PM
Following in kind after the others use the public databooth, Kerdan takes a quick scan of the local casino houses and cantinas. Skimming through, you quickly identify a cantina on sublevel 3, section 2B, almost whimsically labeled, "The Watering Hole". Making a quick mental note of the directions, and the surrounding area, you head off.

Finding the place was easy, right off the main drag, no confusing sidestreets or alleys. Definitely where you want to be - everyone at one point probably has spent time here... and by the look of things, they seem to come back often. The place is busting at the seams with patrons. All manner of species, although a large majority Quarren, are quite literally hanging off second story balconies or open windows. Yet the entrance is not restricted, nor does it seem crowded even. A Quarren bouncer leans against the doorjam eyeing you as you approach. You hear the sounds of music, well, music to your ears - cries of frustration and cursing then the tossing, dropping and sliding of chips and coins.

Ronin
7 May 2004, 06:22 AM
The map is filled with mining rigs, aquariums and symbols, but after a bit of sorting (and a good Computer Use roll ;) ) you manage to get the map to display known abandoned civil war bases within 100km of Morjanssik.

Ronin
7 May 2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by coldskier0320


Tresk curteously nods to the Umbaran.

"Thank you very much. This is just the sort of information I needed. I have one last request before I depart on my hunt: Can you put all the information you just gave me onto a datacard? That way, it will be easier for my colleagues and I to reference. Also, do you have any tips for me as far as hunting on this world?"

"No problem at all."
After a second he hands the datacard back to you.
"Well...if your hunting wildlife you'll need a bigger weapon that that rifle...but if it's just sentients...my advice would be to avoid an Alliance entanglements. They don't like people peeing in their back garden, or considering our location, their pool. The local Quarren are a pretty stubborn bunch, and usually hold a bit of a grudge against their Mon Cal cousins. Hmmm...that's about it really. Happy hunting!"

Ronin
7 May 2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by 8Dark_Prince6


Garadios quickly and quietly draws his Vibrorapier from concelment. Standing lightly away from the corner he waits for the right moment.

OOC: Vibrorapier for putting out the match then attacking him with hand-to-hand combat

Stepping out of the shadows and into the same alleyway as the ganger you catch him off-guard, leaning against the wall and sucking on a fat cigar.
His azure eyes wide and almost pop out as your vibro-rapier cleanly cuts his cigar in two.
(OOC: you are one lucky Kel Dor with a roll of an 18...attacking a hand-held fine object!)
Your sword continues it's upward sweeping slice and arcs into the air as you let go of it and ball your fists.

(Round two: equal initiative rolls. I take it you are nominating him as your Dodge-opponent...)
He angrily swings his wrench at your head. His rather rash swing misses by parsecs, whereas your punch lands firm in his gut, firing the remains of his stogie over your shoulder. (and taking away 3WPs ;) ).

With a hum, your vibro-rapier impales itself in the ground a few metres away.
(PM me your intentions and we can work on a cool write-up together :) )

Crymoon
7 May 2004, 02:31 PM
A Quarren bouncer leans against the doorjam eyeing you as you approach.

"Nice day, isn't it?" says Kerdan with a smile and passes the bouncer entering the shady cantina.


You hear the sounds of music, well, music to your ears - cries of frustration and cursing then the tossing, dropping and sliding of chips and coins.

His smile grew as he heard those sounds and even more at sight that appeared in front of his eyes after he got used to little darker areas indoor..


OOC: let's the dice roll and the cards do whatever they do... I'm gonna play until I find someone who would be so drunk or eager to play and knowledgable to play against him... maybe he could even win a bit... :D

Jan Tolbara
7 May 2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
The map is filled with mining rigs, aquariums and symbols, but after a bit of sorting (and a good Computer Use roll ;) ) you manage to get the map to display known abandoned civil war bases within 100km of Morjanssik.

Seeing the opportunity to download the map for a mere 2 credits, Shadow pays the fee and downloads it to her datapad.

KnightStalker
7 May 2004, 07:33 PM
Noticing the progress Shadow is making, Crix motions for her attention. As soon as she notices & responds, Crix replies "Give me your comlink frequency. Since you've got things in hand here and nobody's paying any interest in your search queries, I'm gonna slip away and see what form of transport I can acquire for us to get out to this pirate base."

Once Shadow acknowledges & gives Crix her comlink frequency, Crix heads off to look for (ie hotwire/steal) some method of transport that combines speed, passenger capacity, stealth and protection for the journey to the pirate base, where-ever it may be.

Jan Tolbara
8 May 2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by KnightStalker
Noticing the progress Shadow is making, Crix motions for her attention.

While downloading the map, Shadow looks around and catches Crix's attempts. She nods upward, telling him that he has her attention.


Crix replies "Give me your comlink frequency. Since you've got things in hand here and nobody's paying any interest in your search queries, I'm gonna slip away and see what form of transport I can acquire for us to get out to this pirate base."

"Okay," she replies. "Good idea. Here is my frequency." She shows him the comlink frequency readout and lets him copy it.


Crix heads off to look for (ie hotwire/steal) some method of transport that combines speed, passenger capacity, stealth and protection for the journey to the pirate base, where-ever it may be. [/B]

Ronin
9 May 2004, 02:36 AM
(Again Garadios wins initiative)
Following up your gut-punch with an uppercut, the ganger's head cracks back against the wall (bye bye 5WP) but the stubborn squid-head refuses to slip into unconsciousness...
infact he cries out in rage and repays you with a hammering blow to your ribs (adios 6VP).

As the two of you continue swinging, you can hear a commotion in the street...you seem to be attracting attention...

Ronin
9 May 2004, 02:41 AM
Depending on what you're looking for you could look around the city's numerous speeder or sub garages, or if you're after a ship, you could either watch the incoming traffic from an observation lounge, or maybe slice into the dockmaster's datalog...
wassit gonna be? :)

Ronin
9 May 2004, 09:08 AM
OOC: Whoops!
Totally forgot to attach this to the earlier response.
Shadow...you're new map.

KnightStalker
9 May 2004, 11:06 AM
Crix is into looking for something submersible that combines speed with manueverability, but has a low profile to reduce the chance of detection by sonar equipment. If he fails to see any as he's wandering oruond near the docking bays, he'll attempt to slice his way into the dockmaster's database and see what's available.

8Dark_Prince6
9 May 2004, 01:02 PM
(Again Garadios wins initiative)
Following up your gut-punch with an uppercut, the ganger's head cracks back against the wall (bye bye 5WP) but the stubborn squid-head refuses to slip into unconsciousness...
infact he cries out in rage and repays you with a hammering blow to your ribs (adios 6VP).
As the two of you continue swinging, you can hear a commotion in the street...you seem to be attracting attention...

Garadios realizing that this son of a (*bleep) isn't going down easily and that the crowd outside of the alleyway is starting to take notice Garadios trys to get him sub-dued in a timely fashion.

Ronin
10 May 2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by 8Dark_Prince6


Garadios realizing that this son of a (*bleep) isn't going down easily and that the crowd outside of the alleyway is starting to take notice Garadios trys to get him sub-dued in a timely fashion.

The ganger's swings are becoming wilder and more desperate, his actions slower, and his face bloodier as you land more and more punches.
You sidestep an overhead swing and hammer your right elbow solidly into his face (another 3WP gone), dislodging a couple of teeth and eliciting a cry of pain...but the stubborn son-of-a-Hutt just won't drop.
He staggers away slightly and his gaze passes from you to the end of the alleyway, behind you.
Then he grins a gory, blood-splattered grin and says something mocking in Quarrenese...

OOC: sorry dude, but his guy has been seriously lucky with his Fort SVs...

Ronin
10 May 2004, 03:17 AM
Watching starships come and go you spot a docked YT-1300, there's a Z-95 Headhunter, a couple of Action IV transports enter large hangars,.....and you notice a Morjanssik-Security starfighter: some local-made Mon-Cal model...typical sleek marine-life-like lines...but you watch her as she's gently docked in a security hangar.
(There's about another dozen hangar bays, but in the few minutes you spend watching you only see the above craft enter the starport).

Looking out across the surrounding ocean you can also see extensive speederdocks: subs, boats, water speeders, cargo skiffs, a few skiffs offering pleasure tours, etc.

8Dark_Prince6
10 May 2004, 05:32 AM
Then he grins a gory, blood-splattered grin and says something mocking in Quarrenese...

With the mocking remark Garadios takes a glance over his shoulder to see where his Vibrorapier is and to see what the ganger was grinning at.

Ronin
10 May 2004, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by 8Dark_Prince6


With the mocking remark Garadios takes a glance over his shoulder to see where his Vibrorapier is and to see what the ganger was grinning at.

Your vibro-rapier is still imbedded in the ground 2m behind you...five metres beyond it stand three gangers, wearing the same colours as the bloodied one before you. They're between you and the street.
(The bloodied one stands between you and the T-junction of alleyways. Fortunately for you the alleyway is so narrow that only one ganger can attack you in melee combat...from each side).
The newcomers all have clubs, and very angry expressions.

coldskier0320
10 May 2004, 08:48 AM
Tresk walks back in the direction of the turblift with a spring in his step, glad that he got some useful intel from Guild HQ. With the datacard the Umbaran gave him securely tucked into an inside pocket of his, he decided to see if anyone else was with it, seeing that Shadow must be busy. Pulling out his comlink, he adjusted it to address all his companions at once,

"Hey all, Tresk here. I'm finished with my task here. Anyone care to set up a meet point?"

With that he stands outside the turbolift station, waiting for a reply.

Jan Tolbara
10 May 2004, 04:25 PM
Shadow finishes her download and steps out of the booth, when she hears from her comlink:


"Hey all, Tresk here. I'm finished with my task here. Anyone care to set up a meet point?"

Pulling her comlink off her belt, she activates hers and answers, "Shadow here. I just finished with mine. I was about to call you.

"Let's find a restaurant or bar to meet at and exchange info. I'm hungry. Any suggestions?"

Ronin
12 May 2004, 06:49 AM
You grab the bleeding ganger by the front of his clothes...he drops his wrench and grabs your upper-arms, gritting his teeth as you attempt to spin him round into his advancing comrades and he attempts to push you back into them.
Muscles straining.....neither of you makes any headway....

Whereas his comrades advance...one of them is now stood directly behind you, his club raised in both hands, ready to dash your brains...8o

OOC: you're now both grappling...but both failed to damage or move each other.

8Dark_Prince6
12 May 2004, 07:55 AM
Whereas his comrades advance...one of them is now stood directly behind you, his club raised in both hands, ready to dash your brains

Garadios noticing the comrades advancements and the club raised near his head, he makes an attempt to make a blind kick to the comrades stomach to throw him off guard.

Skreem
12 May 2004, 03:56 PM
Just as Kerdans eyes are adjusting to the dark entrance, and you make your way into the crowded room, your eyes are assaulted by bright lights. It would seem the owners like to keep the entrance/exit dark and mysterious, not to mention somewhat difficult to navigate with the hard-to-see stairs and maze-like dark walls. The sounds of all manner of species interacting and drinking and gambling bounces off the many walls. Traversing the floor peeking into the many rooms, you soon realise that many individuals have been here far too long, and probably should have been cut-off by the bartender hours ago. Although, they don't seem to have alcoholic beverages in their hands, but they seem to be spending lots of money on slots or various games of chance, luck, or skill... as well as buying drinks to seemingly help sober them up. You even overhear a few of them begging the other drunks where the exit is. As you look back over your shoulder yourself, you realize that you cannot be certain which of the dark corners holds the exit.

Soon however, you find what you were looking for. A Quarren has gathered himself quite a crowd, as a caller yells over the crowd, "Sabacc here! All comers! Large pot, small ante!"
Overhearing the whispering of the local crowd, you gather that this Quarren, named Senalor, has allowed a rare opportunity to gamble with him for money. It seems he's some kind of information broker who will typically accept trade-secrets as wagers. He's apparently very good. So good in fact, ther seems to be a second contest happening up-stairs. The recent losers are having some kind of drinking contest, commiserating with themselves and their drink.


(OOC: sorry - just noticed the reason you haven't posted your next move, is somehow my post didn't make it to the site... guess I closed the browser too quickly over the weekend)

Ronin
13 May 2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by 8Dark_Prince6


Garadios noticing the comrades advancements and the club raised near his head, he makes an attempt to make a blind kick to the comrades stomach to throw him off guard.

Garadios' blind kick narrowly misses the ganger behind him who, in response, hammers his club hard against your spine (au-revoir 5VPs).
Fortunately for you, the bloodied ganger infront of you, whom you're still grappling with, fails in his attempt to slam you into the wall.

OOC: remember that since you're grappling, you lose your Dex bonus to defence...and the ganger behind you counts as flanking you...
You're down to 27VP, still full WP.

Crymoon
13 May 2004, 09:31 AM
Kerdan goes straight to the Senalor's table and seats himself at any free place.

"I've heard you deal honestly" he says with a smile while laying a smal pile of cash in front of him, looking at other antes to decide the right amount. "let's write a play about some pirates living in one of those abandoned civil bases nearby"

Kerdan speaks openly hoping that even if he gets some unwanted attention, he'll manage somehow and could even get some pirate to interrogate afterwards :).

"Let's play!"

During the whole game he tries to seem as relaxed as possible trying to notice if anybody at the table is trying to cheat, while at the same time listening to any talks about pirates that he could overhear. But if the game is really exiting he forgetts about listeting getting more and more involved in the game, looking at others calculating odds, and playing at his best.

Ronin
14 May 2004, 06:51 AM
The ganger behind you, encouraged by his successful blow, swings at your head this time...
you feel the metal club skim over your scalp and clang loudly into the wall as you and the bloodied ganger still struggle with each other, neither giving ground.

Round 8
Seizing the initiative you suddenly, briefly push the bloodied ganger, putting him off balance. You're then able to quickly swing him round, virtually swapping places with him...
just in time for the other ganger's metal pipe to slam hard into the back of his skull which, with a thunderous crack, caves in and he drops to the deck like a boned fish.
The ganger (and the two behind him) looks at what he just did, or rather what you just made him do, and he grits his teeth in anger.

Updated map...

Skreem
14 May 2004, 02:46 PM
The humidity in the room starts to get to you slightly, as sweat droplets begin to form across your brow, or maybe it's just the stakes? Either way, as you sit down and throw in your first ante of 100 credits, it dawns on you just how this guy is playing. There are four players sitting next to you on the table, each with a seperate game going with Senalor. Although, Senalor doesn't seem to be speeding through any of the other games, he does appear to be winning quite consistently. Senalor, a seemingly uninteresting Quarren, hard to say as all the tentacles look the same to you, acknowledges your ante with a nod, and in kind indicates his wager of 200 credits, tossing you the cards to setup the game. With the amount of people intensely staring at all the players, it's no wonder he's not worried about you being in control of the cards - noone's gonna get away with cheating in a situation like this.

Just then, Senalor finishes a round with another Quarren, whose tentacles have been tatooed. The tatooed Quarren slams his fist on the table and curses something in another language (presumably Quarrenese), shoves the guy behind him out of the way, then heads upstairs. Through rumblings in the crowd, you pickup that this guy just lost money to make a pickup, and he's heading upstairs to drown away his concerns from his boss.

KnightStalker
14 May 2004, 08:50 PM
Crix will go take a look at the boats, subs & other craft at the docks to see what looks favorable.

Crymoon
15 May 2004, 04:22 AM
Kerdan quickly shuffles the cards and without cheating deals the first cards, feeling a bit nervous. It's hard to asses another player when he's playing on 3 different tables at the same time, but he'll do his best to win.
"It's gonna be a nice high game... " Kerdan thought

Ronin
15 May 2004, 08:45 PM
After a few minutes you manage to wander through the outer section of the city (tourist traps, cheap cafes, the occasional storage or warehouse area) to the docks.

It's summer on Mon Calamari and the holiday-makers are out in force; both from off-world and the locals, everyone's catching some rays...and waves.

There's various stalls nearer the city renting out hover-boards for turbo-surfing, just 25 credits for the day. This seems most popular with the local youths (both Quarren and Mon Cal) and there's a few off-worlders lining up to give it a try too: a pair of Bothans and a Cerean.

Strolling out along the pier you notice another pier branching off to the right. It's evidently where Morjanssik-Security keeps their aquatic-vehicles: a quad of Quarren troopers stands watch at the start of the pier. Behind them you can see various craft berthed...
five Mon-Cal Submersibles (9m long subs, up to six crew and armed with a torpedo launcher, good speed),
one L-9 Crestrunner (a 20m long combination walker/sub for up to around 40 passengers, armed with blasters and torpedoes, reasonable speed),
strangely there's a Rhinnalian V-Fin Submersible Icebreaker (about 9m long sub, up to 10 passengers, equiped with a sonic drill, poor speed),
and there's eight armed speederbikes, with four pilots lounging next to them.

Heading along the public pier you pass various private vehicles docked here...a few cargo skiffs, a dozen swoops, a hotrod speeder, a pair of Gados Floatboats (pathetic speed), and a pair of SoroSuub AQ-1 Submersi-Speeders.
One of the cargo skiffs is being worked on by a pair of technicians, the other two skiffs are empty.
Three of the swoops are being prepped by Quarren gangers, the rest are unattended.
The hotrod speeder is all alone.
One of the two rather beat-up Floatboats is being boarded by a family of Bimms with fishing gear. The pilot of the other lies in it's cabin, snoozing, with a sign saying "Hire me. One day 50 credits. Local guide".
You can't see if there's anyone in the submersi-speeders.

Coming to the end of the pier you find dozens of people lining up to board a tour-skiff. The tour-guide and pilot is a brightly, flamboyantly dressed Quarren female with a three-corner-hat and silky clothes. She also seems to have a silky tongue since her customers are handing over large sums of money to partake in the tour, though you can't hear what she's saying from the back of the crowd, nor can you see the writing on the side of her skiff very well from this point...

8Dark_Prince6
16 May 2004, 12:39 PM
The ganger (and the two behind him) looks at what he just did, or rather what you just made him do, and he grits his teeth in anger.

Garadios putting the ganger in a state of shock as to what he did, Garadios charges at him with a fist cocked back and leaps over the ganger lying on the ground

Ronin
16 May 2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by 8Dark_Prince6


Garadios putting the ganger in a state of shock as to what he did, Garadios charges at him with a fist cocked back and leaps over the ganger lying on the ground
You charge at the front ganger, leaping clean over his dead comrade,...and hammer your fist into his forehead.
His head snaps back and he staggers backwards a couple of steps.
(sayonara 3WP).
His response is a badly aimed swing with his club which fails to connect with you due to the tweety-birds flying round his head obscuring his view ;)

Round 10
You notice that the rear of the three gangers turns and runs out of the alleyway, into the street and to the right.

You follow-up on the lead ganger with a snap-kick to his right thigh. SLAM! Right on the artery, that's gonna be numb real soon. Another 3WP gone.
He tries to trip you, but his balance is slightly off and he fails...
OOC: this gives you a chance if you wish to try to trip him...?

8Dark_Prince6
17 May 2004, 03:51 AM
Round 10
You notice that the rear of the three gangers turns and runs out of the alleyway, into the street and to the right.

You follow-up on the lead ganger with a snap-kick to his right thigh. SLAM! Right on the artery, that's gonna be numb real soon. Another 3WP gone.
He tries to trip you, but his balance is slightly off and he fails...

With the ganger's balance offset Garadios goes for the trip. He also cathes site of the rear gangers run out of the alleyway. (*oh great
:D)

Ronin
18 May 2004, 07:12 AM
You slip your left foot behind the ganger's numb right leg and and twist him off balance, slamming him over your hip and to the deck!

Sticking out of the ground, just the other side of your prone (but still conscious and angry) opponent...is your vibro-rapier.

Though behind it is the remaining ganger...

Skreem
18 May 2004, 10:45 AM
Senalor shrugs his shoulder as the tatooed Quarren storms awaay from the table, "Didn't know when to quit." You catch a small smirk that he tries to hide as he turns his attention to the next game, makes his move, then moves on to watch you finish dealing out the hands. "High game? Hmmm..." He seems moderately intrigued by your comment as he looks over his hand and nods to you. Noone has yet to replace the end position, so Senalor turns his attention quickly to the Rodian next to you.

The Rodian is concealing his cards and increases his bid another 100 credits. WIthout flinching, Senalor matches the raise, and continues his turn.

Inspecting your own hand, you have to conceal a grin, as you realize the strength of it. You almost feel guilty getting such a strong hand right out of the gate. You make your move and raise the stakes slightly. Senalor, returning to this hand, examines his cards and blinks calmly at the increase, matching it with a smile. "And a high game it shall be." Both hands continue, and the Rodian finally realizes his bluff hasn't worked at all, and throws down his hand. Passing the credits across the table, he collects the cards and shuffles up the next game.

As you continue through the hands, the stakes get higher, but you tend to be passing monies back and forth. Neither one of you seeming to get a true upper-hand. You're on your game right now, and it seems this guy is a fair match. "Not bad. So how long you sticking around for?" He asks you cooly as he takes the last pot.

The rest of the bar seems to be increasing in intensity as more patrons drink beyond their tolerance, and the ruckus from upstairs gets louder as the drinking challenges go on.

An on-looking MonCal passing by trips and slams into the back of the Rodian. Without skipping a beat, the Rodian reaches for his small pile of remaining credits as he turns and grabs the MonCal by the back of his collar and pulls him up while shoving him back. Turning back to Senalor, and leaning across the table, "You know where it will be." He then walks away from the table, glaring at the MonCal, still recovering from the shove.

OOC: At this point, you've lost 150 credits. You think you've been playing your hands damn well, this guy's just been a bit better.

8Dark_Prince6
18 May 2004, 03:03 PM
Sticking out of the ground, just the other side of your prone (but still conscious and angry) opponent...is your vibro-rapier.

Though behind it is the remaining ganger...

With the opertunity of getting his Vibrorapier back Garadios goes for the grab.

Ronin
19 May 2004, 06:17 AM
OOC: sorry, they beat you on initiative.

Seeing you eyeing your sword, the ganger who's still standing rushes for it and grabs it, wrenching it out of the ground. It wobbles in his clearly untrained hands.
Meanwhile the grounded ganger swings a kick up at your groin...
you thank your genes you were born tall as his boot sails past your wedding tackle.
OOC: still round 11...but what do you wanna do?

Crymoon
19 May 2004, 12:39 PM
Kerdaan looks at his remaining money and puts a way 1/4 of them. Then he begins another game willing to loose the rest or win the information he requires, maybe this time luck will be on his side...

8Dark_Prince6
21 May 2004, 06:11 AM
Garadios quickly reaches into his uniform and pulls out his SoroSubb blaster that he had conceld away. He aims it at the grounded ganger's head. "Toss that over here or your friend is going to have a hole in his head."

Ronin
21 May 2004, 06:38 AM
The ganger brandishing your vibro-rapier does just what you asked...he throws it straight at you.
Luckily for you...
a. vibro-rapiers aren't designed for throwing.
b. he couldn't hit an Autobot with a moonbeam. ;)

The rapier shuts off vibrating as soon as his finger leaves the trigger, and the blade silently sails past your head with a good meter to spare.

Your subsequent shot at the other ganger, on the other hand, does not miss. Rather it burns deep into his skull, melting his brain and cooking off his ink-gland which sprays thick black ink out across the alleyway. He screwed with his last Kel Dor.

Seeing this, the remaining ganger turns to flee.

Ronin
22 May 2004, 07:31 PM
The ganger infront of you turns tail and sprints out into the street and around the corner to the north, out of your sight. Fortunately your blaster shot has, rather than attracting a crowd, scared off most of the denziens of this low level.

You holster your blaster again under your clothes and stoop to pick up your vibro rapier.
Just as 2 gangers round the T-junction to the east-end of the alleyway.

Also you can hear faint sirens...

8Dark_Prince6
24 May 2004, 05:55 AM
The ganger infront of you turns tail and sprints out into the street and around the corner to the north, out of your sight. Fortunately your blaster shot has, rather than attracting a crowd, scared off most of the denziens of this low level.

You holster your blaster again under your clothes and stoop to pick up your vibro rapier.
Just as 2 gangers round the T-junction to the east-end of the alleyway.

Also you can hear faint sirens...

Hearing the sirens Garadios realizes he needs to act fast. He notices the gangers that rounded the alleyway. He charges at them with Vibrorapier in-hand. He needs to silence them or get the info he needs quick before the authorites arrive.

KnightStalker
24 May 2004, 06:08 PM
Heading along the public pier you pass various private vehicles docked here...a few cargo skiffs, a dozen swoops, a hotrod speeder, a pair of Gados Floatboats (pathetic speed), and a pair of SoroSuub AQ-1 Submersi-Speeders.
One of the cargo skiffs is being worked on by a pair of technicians, the other two skiffs are empty.
Three of the swoops are being prepped by Quarren gangers, the rest are unattended.
The hotrod speeder is all alone.
One of the two rather beat-up Floatboats is being boarded by a family of Bimms with fishing gear. The pilot of the other lies in it's cabin, snoozing, with a sign saying "Hire me. One day 50 credits. Local guide".
You can't see if there's anyone in the submersi-speeders.

Crix will attempt to get close enough to check out the submersi-speeders and see if they're occupied.

Ronin
25 May 2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by 8Dark_Prince6


Hearing the sirens Garadios realizes he needs to act fast. He notices the gangers that rounded the alleyway. He charges at them with Vibrorapier in-hand. He needs to silence them or get the info he needs quick before the authorites arrive.

As you charge at the 2 gangers, the sirens getting rapidly louder, they raise their clubs (an old droid arm and a crowbar) and grit their teeth.

Your slice cleaves diagonally through the lefthand ganger's chest, grating against his ribs and dropping him unconscious into the filth encrusting the alley floor.
The remaining Quarren swings wide of your head.

The sirens are getting louder and you can hear the rapid clomping of heavy boots...
You and the last Quarren ganger lock eyes.

Ronin
25 May 2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by KnightStalker


Crix will attempt to get close enough to check out the submersi-speeders and see if they're occupied.

You have to duck slightly to see into the bobbing cockpit of the first submersi-speeder and quickly avert your eyes as a pair of Bothans enter the cockpit. They're a young couple it seems,...quite in love, and quite unaware that the transparisteel viewports are not infact one-way...
Trying to be inconspicuous you head on toward the second submersi-speeder. Jackpot. No one seems to be home. Taking a closer look you can see the locking mechanism on the door.
The speeder's just a basic civilian model and the lock doesn't look too tough too crack.

8Dark_Prince6
27 May 2004, 08:51 AM
As you charge at the 2 gangers, the sirens getting rapidly louder, they raise their clubs (an old droid arm and a crowbar) and grit their teeth.

Your slice cleaves diagonally through the lefthand ganger's chest, grating against his ribs and dropping him unconscious into the filth encrusting the alley floor.
The remaining Quarren swings wide of your head.

The sirens are getting louder and you can hear the rapid clomping of heavy boots...
You and the last Quarren ganger lock eyes.

Garadios makes a slash at the last ganger hoping that his strike will render him unconscious as well so that he can escape into the shadows.

Ronin
29 May 2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by 8Dark_Prince6


Garadios makes a slash at the last ganger hoping that his strike will render him unconscious as well so that he can escape into the shadows.

With heavy footfalls racing up the main street behind you, and the whine of a repulsor to the north, you raise your vibrorapier and slash through the last Quarren, dropping him into the dirty, bleeding heavily. His eyes roll back as he slips into unconsciousness. (adios 11WP)
Flicking the blood from your sword, you'd best decide what to do quickly...you can hear that whoever's approaching will be at the mouth of the alleyway soon...

8Dark_Prince6
31 May 2004, 07:02 PM
Flicking the blood from your sword, you'd best decide what to do quickly...you can hear that whoever's approaching will be at the mouth of the alleyway soon...

Garadios makes a break for the end of the alleyway and turns and hides in the shadows

Ronin
3 June 2004, 04:02 AM
OOC: you're in a T-junction alleyway, and can hear a repulsorlift to the north, and boots entering the alleyway to the west, so I presume you're gonna run down the third alleyway: south and seek concealment.

Garadios sprints down the alleyway and dives into a dumpster, just as a Security Speeder parks itself across the northern alleymouth. It disgorges a squad of four Quarren security guards in blast vests, craddling blaster rifles. In single file they begin heading down the alleyway (toward you, but a good 20m away at the moment).
They meet another four guards from the western alleyway and begin inspecting the bodies on the floor.
"Ah," comments one of the guards, kicking a body; "just punks. Probably got themselves cut up in another turf war. Nothing for us to worry about."
"Hold on a moment," another comments, stooping to inspect the bodies closer, "I'm not so sure it was another gang. Look: these two were cut with a vibro-blade, a big one too. And that one back there had his head blow off at near-point blank range. This doesn't smell like gangers."
One of the unconscious gangers moans.
"We've got a live one!"
The guards pick up the nearly-dead ganger and carry him into the speeder...

Skreem
4 June 2004, 11:37 AM
Kerdaan looks at his remaining money and puts a way 1/4 of them. Then he begins another game willing to loose the rest or win the information he requires, maybe this time luck will be on his side...
The next few rounds of the game go very quickly as it would seem the luck is not on Kerdaan's side. In no short order, the remainder of your credits have been bet, rolled, covered and raised into non-existence.
With your last bet sitting in the pot, and next-to nothing in your hand, your opponent looks up to you as he returns from another who has sat down next to you and questions, "You trying to lose?"

Just then a crash echoes over the din of the crowd and a strange near silence exists for a moment as everyone looks upstairs. From your vantage point, you are unable to see what's going on, and people nearby start talking again too quickly to get a semblance of what's being said - however it's obvious that a skirmish of somekind has broken out upstairs.

Crymoon
5 June 2004, 12:32 AM
Kerdan looks at his opponent not stopping to smile...
"Losing to such an opponent is almost a pleasure, though gaining knowledge is much better... I'm really sorry but I feel that I should just check what is going on there."
He points to the commotion, bow his head slightly as he gets up and goes to see what's going on...

KnightStalker
6 June 2004, 03:47 PM
Crix takes out his comlink and attempts to contact the rest of the group.

"Transporter to passengers, found potential transportation. Checking on it now. How's the search on your ends?"

Jan Tolbara
7 June 2004, 06:51 PM
Waiting in front of a tavern for Tresk to arrive, Shadow hears the signal from her comlink. Withdrawing it from her utility belt, she answers, "Shadow here. I'm waiting for Tresk to rendezvous with me to compare notes. I've got some possible locations for our target."

8Dark_Prince6
8 June 2004, 09:40 AM
As Garadios sits in the dumpster he hears the commlink and withdrawls it from his clothes. Garadios here and I am a bit preoccupied right now I'll contact you guys after things cool down over here."

Crymoon
8 June 2004, 10:36 AM
Kerdan takes his comm out as he's walking towards the noise.
"Nothing, still working on it..."

Ronin
8 June 2004, 01:09 PM
peeking out of the dumpster and straining to listen, you see two of the Quarren security personnel drag the bleeding ganger into the speeder while another two wait outside. These two shout at the local scum and homeless to keep them away from the alley, occasionally waving their blasters if words don't prove to be sufficient warning.

After a few minutes one of the Quarren steps out of the speeder and approaches the two left on guard duty. You can barely hear him...
"Seems the boy and his friends were set upon by an alien. He doesn't know what it was or even if it was male or female, only that it had a facemask and was armed. Clearly well trained too. We'll get him to an infirmary and try to get more info out of him."
"No sign its linked to those other cases, Sarge?" inquires one of the guards.
"Nah," the Sergeant shakes his tentacled head; "those aliens were furred, probably Talz or Bothan. Still...put out a bullitin to look out for masked aliens."
The two guards snap lazy salutes and trot off up the street while the sergeant gets back into the speeder and pulls away...

8Dark_Prince6
8 June 2004, 04:24 PM
After the gaurds leave Garadios pulls out his commlink Anyone out there not doing anything I could use some help. There is a police speeder heading for a hospitial. We need to find out if that ganger that they are taking has any info. Get it before the police do. And Shadow if you want to stay put Ill meet you at the tavern, whats your corrdinates?

8Dark_Prince6
16 June 2004, 08:12 AM
Garadios peers out of the dumpster to see if anyone is around.
(OOC hops out if no one is around.)

8Dark_Prince6
16 June 2004, 06:17 PM
Garadios walks down where the gangers were slain to see if they left any evidence behind or a clues about the pirates.

Skreem
16 June 2004, 07:31 PM
The Quarren tilts his head slightly in regard to your comment and smiles slyly.

Heading to the stairs, there seems to be a basic desire to simply ignore the outbursts from upstairs - most everyone more content to stair into the bottoms of their mugs and continue with their mostly private conversations. As you make the turn to head up the stairs, a mug shatters on the wall at the top and you can now make-out the voices.

"...watsh whar yer thruwin! " An overly slurred probably human voice calls out. "Der still drink in dat!". "....call yershuff pryat! HA!"

As you step up to the landing, you see the comotion is focused around the quarren that left the gambling table when you arrived. It seems that in his inebriation, he's pissed off a few other inebriated chaps - an overweight yet muscular male near-human, has the look of a day-worker that spends all his off-time eating and drinking; a shorter male mon cal, with strikingly good balance considering the apparent level of his intoxication; a decidely non-drunk female mon cal, with the shrewed look of a "business woman"; and a male twi'lek, of seemingly unimportance except to the eye of those experienced in "the trade" - obviously to you he's faking inebriation and is paying very close attention to the comotion.

"Teach this pirate a lesson in business - if you can't lose it, don't bet it. Get me my money."

The quarren pirate is pulling himself up from the floor where he apparently fell on another patron. It's blatantly obvious this guy is clueless as to the group getting ready to pounce on him.

Ronin
17 June 2004, 06:08 AM
There's a scorch mark in the middle of an inky pool of blood where your shot cored out a ganger's head, next to two halves of a cigar ;) , the odd discarded club, hammer or other 'large blunt object' that the gangers were attempting to insert into your cranium the hard way...but not much else.....
but wait! What's this?!
Seemingly fallen from his pocket, presumably when the guards carried his corpse away, is a small data card...

Crymoon
17 June 2004, 08:08 AM
Kerdan seeks a place in the shadows close to the comotion, from where he can watch and if needed step in.

They are probably willing to teach this pirate a lesson. Great! - he was thinking - Unless they will try to kill him I won't do anything, otherwise I'll have to stop them. I need this guy drunk, beaten and broke. Then I can "help" him.... - he smiled again. - Let's see what they will do.

OOC: If there is aslightest chance that they could kill him. Kerdan will first try to reason with them, then fight.

8Dark_Prince6
17 June 2004, 09:00 AM
There's a scorch mark in the middle of an inky pool of blood where your shot cored out a ganger's head, next to two halves of a cigar , the odd discarded club, hammer or other 'large blunt object' that the gangers were attempting to insert into your cranium the hard way...but not much else.....
but wait! What's this?!
Seemingly fallen from his pocket, presumably when the guards carried his corpse away, is a small data card...

Garadios notices the data card lying there and picks it up to examine it. Pulling out his comm he pages for Shadow "Shadow I picked up a data card that I want you to look at. What tavern are you at."

Jan Tolbara
18 June 2004, 08:54 AM
The Quarren waiter sets the plate of hot food in front of the dark-clad woman, nods and walks away to check on his other patrons.

Shadow looks at the steaming assortment of local seafood on her plate. She begins to salivate as she reaches for the utensil setting on the table, when her comlink signals an incoming message.

Cursing under her breath, she hastily grabs the comlink off her belt, almost dropping it under the table. Quickly recovering from the slight blunder, she toggles the switch and says, "Go ahead."


"Shadow I picked up a data card that I want you to look at. What tavern are you at."

Sighing briefly, she answers with a hint of sarcasm, "I'm at the Tavern by the Bay on level 1, section 3B. Nice view! You should come check it out."

8Dark_Prince6
18 June 2004, 09:42 AM
Sighing briefly, she answers with a hint of sarcasm, "I'm at the Tavern by the Bay on level 1, section 3B. Nice view! You should come check it out."
"Alright Im on my way up." With that Garadios leaves the alleyway and heads on his way and watching to see if anyone saw him.

Jan Tolbara
18 June 2004, 11:42 AM
Responding only with a nod, Shadow closes the channel and replaces the comlink back on her belt.

Once done, she looks back to her dinner, rolls up the bottom part of her hood to rest at the point of her nose, picks up her utensil and begins eating while waiting for either Tresk or Garadios to arrive.

Ronin
18 June 2004, 04:00 PM
In the Tavern by the Bay...
You get a few strange looks due to the fact that only your mouth and nostrils are visible as you eat, the rest of you clad in dark clothing, but the patrons know better than to stare or comment.
The assorted mixture of seafood varies greatly...some cooked, some not. Various fishes, eels, crustateans and squid-like creatures on skewers, with a salad of seaweed.

In the alleyway...
Garadios, as you leave the alleyway and return to the main street, you notice there's a pair of security guards making their way along the street, patrolling.
Fortunately you manage to sneak out when they're not looking, make it to the turbolift and start heading up to level 1...

Skreem
18 June 2004, 10:24 PM
Turning around a chair and lightly taking a seat, in fact just barely touching the chair, Kerdan monitors the action from a good vantage in the din of the balcony shadows. The two mostly drunk nod to the woman, and turn back on the pirate smiling, teeth showing and tongues almost hanging out as they laugh (which is really an odd sight on the short quarren - tongue and tentacles... yeck!). Your almost not sure how the human is still walking let alone able to actually focus on the target. But somehow, they make it over to the quarren still stumbling to stand up, mostly apologizing to the bith who's chair he fell upon.
"'right. Wus...ya...." The near-human closes his eyes and rubs his forehead,
"Yu's gun..." pointing at the quarren, the near-human shakes his head. "Whars du keds!?" The short quarren reaches down and grabs the pirate by the shirt and stands him up.

"i's sed, I broke!" he staggers a little and puts his hand on the near-human's shoulder for balance. The human grabs the hand and rolls it over as the short quarren reaches into the pirates pockets and searches around, pulling out a cred-chip. Taking a small step back he tosses it to the female and levels a punch to the stomach of the pirate, who promptly keels over. It becomes pretty apparent at this point that the pirate's already pretty battered and bruised.

"Well at least he was telling the truth. He is broke. Take it from his hide. Don't care what they think, they don't run this place!"

From the look on the two guy's faces, you're pretty sure that when they are done with him, the pirate isn't gonna be in any condition to speak. Taking a quick glance around, you determine that the twi'lek seems more interested in the activity as an observer, and doesn't look like he'll get involved - you'd almost think he was security of some kind, except for the lack of reaction. Either this guy's pretty cranked up and is seeing something else entirely happening, or he's just taking mental notes. Probably a hunter, or an informant of some kind you figure. Through the dark and atmosphere, you also notice what appears to be a second set of stairs out the back that appear to lead outside the cantina.

OOC: for reference, you are sitting at the edge of a table. There is another square table just to the right and about 5 meters ahead of you. another 7 meters beyond that is the pirate and his "friends". The twi'lek is sitting at the far end of the first table. Most everyone else upstairs seems to be giving wide bearth to the three, although several are just milling about as if nothing is happening.

Crymoon
19 June 2004, 02:26 AM
"Guys, guys, no need to be in such a hurry" says Kerdan loudly as he gets up and slowly showing his hands goes towards the pirate. He looks straight at the lady seemingly not minding any of the brutes. "I am pretty sure that we can come to an agreement. As my friend said he's broke now but beating him won't get you what you need.. How much does he owe you?"
Kerdan tries to walk as close to the pirate as possible, trying even to stand between drunkards and their victim.

Jan Tolbara
22 June 2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Ronin
In the Tavern by the Bay...
You get a few strange looks due to the fact that only your mouth and nostrils are visible as you eat, the rest of you clad in dark clothing, but the patrons know better than to stare or comment.
The assorted mixture of seafood varies greatly...some cooked, some not. Various fishes, eels, crustateans and squid-like creatures on skewers, with a salad of seaweed.

After looking up one last time to see if Tresk or Garadios have arrived, Shadow chooses to pay no mind to her audience, picks one of the crustaceans and begins her meal.

8Dark_Prince6
28 June 2004, 11:22 AM
Garadios walks into the Tavern by the Bay and scans the crowd for Shadow. Apon spotting Shadow, Garadios walks over.

"AH Shadow there you are."Garadios sits down across from Shadow at the table and continues in a low tone."I see my partner hasnt shown up yet. Well heres that data disk I have for you." Garadios pulls out the disk and slides it across the table towards Shadow.

coldskier0320
8 July 2004, 06:22 AM
Within a few minutes, Tresk stalks into the cantina, wearing an unconcealable grin. In a great mood he nods in greeting to everyone he passes on his way to the table. Finally sitting down next to his much taller friend, he nods to both Garadious and Shadow in turn. Talking in hushed tones, he continues,

"I think I've got a good bit of information from my guild connections, here...this datacard will probably prove useful..."

Handing the datacard over to Shadow, he also sees that Garadious has presented one. Tresk's fur ripples in anticipation, he was back on the hunt.

Jan Tolbara
8 July 2004, 07:52 AM
After Garadios slides into the seat across from Shadow and presents the disk, Shadow finishes the bite she is eating, wipes her thin but curvaceous lips with her napkin and allows her mask to unroll back into place. Without a word, she withdraws her datapad from its pouch on her utility belt, picks up the datacard and inserts it to begin scanning the data, making sure that the contents on the display are hidden from any casual observers around her.

Once she begins looking at its contents, she notices Tresk enter the bar out of the corner of her eye. After he sits down, she extends her hand to the Bothan without looking up from the screen and accepts the disk, eager to see what information is on it.

OOC: What have we got?

Ronin
13 July 2004, 06:43 AM
Garadios' datacard appears to be...a personal letter!
No names are mentioned, but it seems the writer and reciever are related somehow, siblings perhaps. The writer seems to have joined a new organisation and is telling the younger sibling (possibly the Quarren that Garadios killed and got this datacard from) a little about how things are going...there's very few details, it seems the writer was unwilling to tell the sibling too much, perhaps for security reasons...but he does mention that he is doing far better than if he'd went into the family business...
and he suggests that the sibling meet him...at 15:00 hours local time (five minutes from now)...upstairs in "The Watering Hole"...

8Dark_Prince6
13 July 2004, 11:53 AM
and he suggests that the sibling meet him...at 15:00 hours local time (five minutes from now)...upstairs in "The Watering Hole"...

"Im going up there and see if I can find him."With that Garadios takes the data card and heads upstairs to "The Watering Hole".

Jan Tolbara
13 July 2004, 07:43 PM
"Im going up there and see if I can find him."With that Garadios takes the data card and heads upstairs to "The Watering Hole".

Shadow silently waves "Goodbye" to him almost sarcastically as Garadios bolts out of the Tavern By the Bay. After a couple of seconds, she lowers her hand and turns her attention to Tresk's datacard.

"Now," she mutters lowly as she inserts the datacard, "let's see what you have."

Ronin
16 July 2004, 06:31 AM
(Tresk's datacard just contained a hard copy of all that he and the Guild official talked about.....check back a few pages for their conversation. Sorry I can't re-post it...RL is busy). :(

Jan Tolbara
16 July 2004, 04:25 PM
Shadow cross-references the aquatic base locations listed in Tresk's information with the map she downloaded earlier to narrow down possible locations for the pirate base and updates her information on Rihan Je and Yolikk Tau.

Ronin
17 July 2004, 08:38 PM
Cross referencing the information both of you gathered, you've deduced that ACWB-7421 is the Alliance training facility (30km due north of Morjanssik. Sorry for not orientating the map with north at the top!).
From other scraps of info in your data searches, you estimate that ACWB-3017 is the facility owned by the Morjanssik Deep Rift Mining Comglomerate (MDRMC) since it stradles a deep canyon beneath the waves: perfect for deploying subs directly to deep ore veins.

And either ACWB-8884 or -5891 must be owned by Dac Aquaculture Produce (DAP): a company which seeds 'fields' on the ocean floor with plants that thrive in the ocean water. Both these bases are close to wide areas of relatively level land, making them candidates...but which one...?

You also know that one or more other parties are interested in the pirates...

Ronin
6 August 2004, 06:34 AM
OOC: Since Skreem hasn't checked in for quite a while, I'll take over running the show (hopefully he'll be back...)

Kerdan:
"He's your friend?!" says the woman, disbelief clear in her voice, "his kind don't usually mix with humans. You must be quite some friend...the kind who clears large gambling debts, I'm hoping. Your friend owes us half a grand..."

Garadios:
You hot foot it over to The Watering Hole...(check back to posts 131 for a description)...there's still plenty of sabacc and other games of chance going on...various patrons collapsed unconsicous (it seems) in booths...others still downing drinks. As you walk around the ground floor you pass a staircase and hear the familiar voice of Kerdan upstairs...

On the pier:
Crix: you've been watching this submersi-speeder for some time now, and watched another being piloted away...you're pretty sure you can steal this one, and piloting it shouldn't be too hard.
You might not wanna stay watching an abandoned vehicle for too long though...it's a little suspicious...

The Tavern by the Bay:
Is there anything more you two wanna check? (Shadow and Tresk).

Jan Tolbara
6 August 2004, 07:13 PM
Turning her datapad to show the screen to Tresk, Shadow adds as she points to the appropriate locations on the map, "We have narrowed the pirates' base down to these locations. But, we need to obtain more information to pinpoint it precisely.

"I believe that there are other parties interested in our target. I suggest we find some of these and see if they're willing to 'cooperate', if you know what I mean."

KnightStalker
6 August 2004, 07:22 PM
Crix double checks to make sure that there's nobody around and that there's no electronic surveillance systems monitoring the docks, then proceeds to attempt to gain entry into the speeder and hotwire it.

If succesful, Crix will pilot it out of the docks and search for a secure location where he can alter the speeder's transponder codes and make other "upgrades" to coax better handling and higher speed from it. When he has it ready, he'll signal the rest of the group and find out where he can pick them up to head out to check the sites.

8Dark_Prince6
7 August 2004, 01:02 PM
As Garadios heads past a flight of stairs he hears Kerdan's voice at the top of a flight of stairs. He heads up halfway and crouches down and listenes in.

Ronin
7 August 2004, 09:00 PM
Glancing up and down the pier's edge you can't see any sensors...this is a public place so heaft security would just be a headache. Wandering up to the speeder, it's clearly just your shop-floor model, you crouch by the hatch and look like your searching for your cardkey as you really work at the lock.

It's a little different to other locks you've hacked before.....

Glancing up and down the pier, you don't seem to have attracted any unwanted attention, though there is a Morjannsik Security Guard patrolling the pier, coming in your direction...30m off....

With the little pannel open you're faced with several fiber-optic cables terminating in a power conduit and four lock activators. Testing the power flow with your security kit...

25m..

...you can tell that the power to the bolt on the left side of the door is slightly weaker. You take a power splicer from your security kit and prepare to insert it, releasing that bolt on the door.

20m...you'd swear he's watching you...

Inserting the splicer, there's a slight click as one bolt slides back. So far so good. Analysing the power flow to the other three bolts: they're all pretty much equal. You'll have to bypass them all at once.

15m...

You wipe the sweat from your brow, damned sun is getting hot. Checking your security kit, you don't have quite enough wire to jury-rig a multiple-splicer!

10m. He briefly stops to speak into his commlink.

The small pannel you've removed doesn't expose much more than the lock workings, but there's another couple of wires that run through the hull at this point...you can identify one of them. You 'think' it powers the left-headlights. It's all you've got. You slice just enough wire from there and add it to the breadboarded multi-splicer on your lap.

5m. He's looking in your direction.

Quickly putting the splicer in place...the three locks slide back with a gratifying click and the hatch opens. You put the pannel back over the lock system.

"Excuse me, you by the speeder!" calls the guard.

coldskier0320
9 August 2004, 10:15 AM
"I believe that there are other parties interested in our target. I suggest we find some of these and see if they're willing to 'cooperate', if you know what I mean."

Tresk stares into space for a moment, finishing a thought before snapping back into reality and responding to Shadow,

"Sounds like a plan. My colleague, I'm sure, could always use a little backup, and Kerdran needs to check in anyway. I say we go see what's going on at that establishment Garadious went to check out then meet up with the others."

With that, Tresk's fur gives a slight ripple as he rises from his seat. Reaching into his pocket he withdraws enough credits to cover everything the group ordered at the tapcafe, and gestures kindly to Shadow,

"Shall we?"

And with that, Tresk heads out of the restaurant.

Jan Tolbara
9 August 2004, 06:18 PM
Shadow lifts her mask slightly, stuffs one last bite of food into her mouth and washes it down with a swig of her drink before rising from her seat and fitting her mask back into place once more. She turns and catches up with Tresk to head to The Watering Hole.

KnightStalker
9 August 2004, 08:08 PM
"Excuse me, you by the speeder!" calls the guard.

Playing it cool and acting calmly while turning to the approaching guard as the speeder hatch opens, Crix stands fully upright and replies, "Yes?"

Ronin
10 August 2004, 05:57 AM
"Sorry to disturb you sir," says the Quarren politely as he walks toward you.
"Security's looking for a suspicious looking Kel Dor. We're not sure if it's male or female, but it's armed and dangerous. I don't suppose you've seen any such person?"

To the Watering Hole:
Tresk and Shadow race across the street to the other tapcafe-come-gambling den. Your sharp eyes pick out your comrade Garadios crouching part-way up a spiral staircase, which leads up to a very noisy upper floor. "Very noisy" being a comparable term considering the loud music, yelling, shouting, cursing etc that assaults your ears from the ground floor too...

KnightStalker
10 August 2004, 07:29 PM
"Sorry to disturb you sir," says the Quarren politely as he walks toward you.
"Security's looking for a suspicious looking Kel Dor. We're not sure if it's male or female, but it's armed and dangerous. I don't suppose you've seen any such person?"

Remaining calm & collected, Crix smoothly replies, "No, I haven't recently seen any Kel Dor, but if I do, I'll immediately notify the nearest Security station."

Ronin
11 August 2004, 06:23 AM
The guard nods, "Thankyou for your cooperation", and he heads off down the peer toward a group of Bothans loading a speeder with lugguage.

You then get into the submersi-speeder, close the hatch and strap yourself into the pilot's seat. Flicking the main power switch you're pleased as the powercore gently hums to life and the consoles around you hum and light up like an orchestra.
And you're the conductor!

Taking it easy at first, to get a feel for her, you ease her away from the pier and head out into open water, eventually submersing and putting her on standby as you unstrap yourself and pry open the cockpit pannels looking for the transponder hardware.

(to be continued...)

Ronin
16 August 2004, 03:12 AM
After a few minutes of tampering, the transponder's security still refuses to crack (OOC: sorry! Bad roll!).

OOC: I'm kinda waiting on Kerdan's actions...

Ronin
20 August 2004, 06:19 AM
Kerdan: you notice a sudden look of clarity cross the supposedly-drunken Quarren's face. He was faking.
With a squelch, he spits a glob of black ink into the faces of the thugs (male Mon Cal and near-human male), twists out of their grip and bolts for the nearest window...diving through the cheap plexiglass and into the street outside!

(Garadios: you can also see this).

The female Mon Cal screams "get after him you fools!" as her heavies wipe the thick ink from their eyes.

Crymoon
20 August 2004, 09:03 AM
OOC: Sorry guys had some problems with my net connection, but am back... I hope... to stay


Kerdan looks a bit suprised by the action of "drunk" pirate. He's quite confuzed but using the comotion caused by breaking of the window he tries to mingle with the crowd and get down to the street the proper way but as quickly as possible.
The pirate will probably still need help, so he plans on being in the right place in the right time... He will follow the goons if the pirate moves to fast.

coldskier0320
20 August 2004, 10:24 AM
As he walks toward the Watering Hole, Tresk is understandably surprised and more than a little amused as a window shatters to pieces and a Quarren comes bolting out through the still falling shards of glass.

Looks just like an action holovid..., Tresk can't help but think to himself as the alien clears the window with little problem and commences bolting away from the place.

Careful to act like an innocent bystander, Tresk maneuvers himself into an intercept course for where the alien is heading, sure that the reason for his hasty exit has something to do with either Kerdran or Garadious. As the Quarren nears him, Tresk will attempt to tackle him and keep him occupied until Shadow or someone else can come help subdue the suspicious character.

Ronin
28 August 2004, 05:09 AM
Barely have the plexiglass shards tinkled to the duranium floor and Tresk slams into the pirate as he picks himself up and attempts to flee. You ram him into the nearest wall, knocking the air out of his gills (-1VP)...and you've got a fistful of his jumpsuit. Unsurprisingly enough, he's rather surprised. Currently it just looks to passers-by like you accidentally barged into him...but the pirate knows different.

Kerdan bolts down the stairs, nearly leaping over Garadios and winds his way through the crowd to the exit...the human and Mon Cal thugs neck and neck with you...

Garadios hears the scuffle and shattering of plexiglass, then Kerdan flies past him, followed by a bulky human and Mon Cal male.

Shadow immediately spots Kerdan making a rapid exit, and the two individuals racing out with him...

Crix: you're gonna try hacking the transponder again?

KnightStalker
28 August 2004, 04:57 PM
Undettered by the failed attempt to disable the transponder, Crix gets a determined look in his eye and takes another crack at the transponder, double-checking his work as he attempts to disable the system.

8Dark_Prince6
29 August 2004, 01:48 PM
Garadios watches as the go past and follows. On his way he passes Shadow and waves and heads out the door.

Crymoon
30 August 2004, 09:13 AM
Kerdan tries to keep up with the running pirate.. he knows that if he loses him his idea of joining the pirates will be gone.. he'll worry about the tugs later...

Maybe he'll get lucky and some of his friends will be somewhere near to help him.

Jan Tolbara
3 September 2004, 07:21 PM
Seeing Kerdan's race and Garadios's wave, Shadow instantly decides to quickly and closely follow the race to see what's going on and what she can do to help her partners.

Ronin
6 September 2004, 12:11 AM
In a yellow submarine ;) :
Suddenly your memory flashes back to an op a couple of years back on Sullust: your squad had been sent in to a SoroSuub arms factory to ambush Sullustan traitors selling arms to Rebel cells when everything turned into a bantha's ass and your CO had to call in an orbital bombardment. Intel had drastically underestimated the number of Rebels present. As your squad withdrew, you found yourselves cornered and only by hotwiring one of the Rebel's own speeders did you manage to get the surviving members of your squad out of there...
and you suddenly recognise that the speeder's security circuitry was based on the same CPU as these new-model submersi-speeders.
After a couple of tense moments you can recall how you did it...a few keys later and a message appears on the small display:
Please enter new transponder code.

Outside the Watering Hole:
Quickly realising that he's in more trouble than he though and he's gotta get away fast, the pirate swings a fist at Tresk, connecting with your temple (just 1VP gone). As your head is jarred, you catch a look at a reflection in the window directly behind the pirate: there's someone stood atop the building directly behind you. You don't have time to take another look, but you just saw the silhouette...

As Shadow, Garadios and Kerdan race out of the bar, alongside the two goons, you can see Tresk and the pirate's scuffle starting.

Shadow: you spot someone readying a long rifle atop the Tavern By The Bay...the sun is directly behind them so you can't make out any details, just the silhouette.....they're some 20m away...(and four floors up!).

The crowds are all rushing away from the seemingly drunken brawl, the doormen of the Watering Hole just standby and watch, glad that the trouble is happening outside rather than inside their establishment.
Fortunately there's no City Security in sight...

Jan Tolbara
8 September 2004, 06:31 AM
Drawing her heavy blaster pistol, Shadow cries, "Tresk, look out!" and fires a single shot at the silhouette.

coldskier0320
8 September 2004, 06:38 AM
"Tresk, look out!"

Knowing that Shadow is an experienced combat veteran, Tresk doesn't question her warning. Immediately, hethrows all of his weight to the side, attempting to throw the quarren off balance and bring him down as well. In order to increase his chances at success, he attempts to catch his opponent in a deft leg trap designed to trip him and bring him to the ground. If this fails, Tresk still goes low, attempting to take out his opponent's legs from under him.

KnightStalker
8 September 2004, 08:13 PM
Crix enters a new transponder code and begins to prep the rest of the submersi-speeder for the mission.

Crymoon
9 September 2004, 10:45 AM
Kerdan sprints the remaining 5 meters trying to tackle the pirate to the ground, in the same time trying not to hit Tresk.

Ronin
11 September 2004, 07:05 PM
Crix:
After entering a new transponder code, you take a good look at the ship you've stolen for the mission.
SoroSuub AQ-1 Submersi-Speeder
Class: aquatic (submarine)
Size: huge (7.4m)
Cost: 30,000 new, 15,000 used
Crew: 1 (normal +2)
Passengers: 10
Cargo: 150kg
Initiative: +0 (-2 size, +2 crew)
Manoeuvre: +0 (-2 size, +2 crew)
Speed: 40m (surface), 80m (submerged)
Max. velocity: 100km/h
Defence: 10 (-2 size, +2 armour)
Cover: full
Shields: none
Hull: 40
DR: 5
She seems to be in good shape, relatively new, no damage. Unfortunately she's unarmed.

Shadow:
In one natural, fluid movement you draw, aim and gently squeeze off a shot at the silhouette, though you have to squint terribly since you're aiming directly into the sun...
It's a hit! There's a curse (in a language you don't recognise) and the figure ducks back away from the edge of the roof (a 10VP hit).

Tresk:
With Shadow's sudden warning, and the struggling Quarren pirate, you dive for the deck, sweeping your leg into his to bring him down, but he pulls away. You roll to the floor safely, putting yourself clear of any sniper-shot, but you've lost your grip on the pirate. You're about to curse as a shadow passes over you...

Kerdan:
As Tresk rolls away from the pirate you dive head-first over Tresk's head, slamming hard into the pirate (6VP!). The pair of you fly a meter into a street-stall, scattering fruit everywhere. You and the pirate land next to each other in a pile of crushed merons, quaranges and pnanas.

Crymoon
12 September 2004, 10:44 AM
"DRAT!!! Do I have to rescue you over and over again!" shouts Kerdan to the pirate. "Now lay still and let my friends handle it."
Kerdan gets up and having and eye on the pirate readies himself for a fight with thugs.
He lowers his body to move his point of balance lower and breathes slowly in and out to set himself in the proper mindset. He'll try to subdue the attackers but keeps an eye on the pirate and won't allow him to escape.

Ronin
15 September 2004, 06:22 AM
The pirate nods to you and stays behind the toppled fruit stand...though you can't be sure you trust him...

The human and Mon Cal goons stopped sprinting as soon as they say Kerdan and Tresk simultaneously tackle the pirate and Shadow start firing at someone across the street (clearly, from their confused expressions, they know nothing about the would-be shooter).
They're now looking at each other and at the pirate, over Kerdan's shoulder.

Garadios: you can see their female employer making her way to the exit of the cantina...you're between her and the rest of the NPCs and PCs.

Crymoon
15 September 2004, 07:47 AM
Kerdan looks at the goons smiling again...
"So guys why don't you go back to the bar and have a drink. This one is not for you and if you haven't noticed you're outnumbered..."

He nods his head at his friends smiling brighter then ever.
"It's good to see you guys, this guy over there is our information booth so if you could also watch over him for a while..."

Jan Tolbara
15 September 2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Crymoon
He nods his head at his friends smiling brighter then ever.
"It's good to see you guys, this guy over there is our information booth so if you could also watch over him for a while..."

Shadow quickly responds with an anxious tone while gesturing toward the building with her blaster, "I'd take you up on it, but another threat needs to be dealt with."

Without waiting for a response, she bolts for the front door of the building where the mysterious sniper had set up on the roof.

OOC: If she gets through the front door, she quickly scopes the place for the stairs leading to the top floor and access to the roof. If she can't get in, she attempts to locate a fire escape or some other method or reaching the roof from outside.

8Dark_Prince6
15 September 2004, 11:29 AM
Garadios watches as the female employer gets near. " Leave the pirate to us. But I want to know why you are after him and all the details."

coldskier0320
15 September 2004, 12:42 PM
Taking a moment to recover from his hasty maneuver, Tresk clears his mind as he takes in everything that is happening. Seeing how all of his allies have acted, he decides to go to his earlier charge, the Quarren. Gracefully picking his way through the mess of spilled, mutilated fruits on the ground, so as not to stain his boots, he makes his way over to the pirate, helping him up, but being sure to surreptitiously (sp?) check him for weapons in the process of pulling him to his feet.

"Nice little stunt you've pulled here, friend. Just play along and we'll get you out of this little mess."

With that, Tresk gives the pirate a confident smile and pats him down...I mean...pats him on the back.

Ronin
17 September 2004, 06:29 AM
Tresk:
As you pull the pirate to his feet, you brush squashed pnana from his jumpsuit and jacket, feeling the bulge of a pistol in a holster at the back of his belt.
He looks at you with deep, deep suspicion and nods warily.

Kerdan:
The two goons look at each other, then at each of you and they turn back toward the Watering Hole....until they spot their employer.

Garadios:
The stocky female Mon Cal scowls at you and stares vibro-daggers at the pirate, clearly angry that she's missed her chance to get her man, or more appropriately, squid.
"The Squid owes me a considerable sum of money, as I told that human (she motions to Kerdan)."
She then speaks to the pirate in another language (possibly Mon Cal or Quarrenese).
He replies by gesturing with his facial tentacles in a way that most bipedal lifeforms would use a single finger for.
Still wiping ink from his face, the brawny human and the Mon Cal male escort their fuming employer back into the Watering Hole.

Shadow:
Storming back into the Cantina By The Bay, the barkeeper's face brightens; "come back for more of our delicious Seafood Surprise, have you?".
Ignoring him and the other rather surprised patrons (some of whom are actually aware of the commotion outside), you bolt up the spiral staircase, heading for the roof.
(there's the 1st(ground) floor, 2nd and 3rd floors, then the roof...but you've just made it to the 2nd floor at this point).

General:
The crowds had separated as your small fight started, and more people fled as Shadow fired at the sniper. Now people are generally vacating the area as fast as possible, though many die-hard drinkers, gamblers and those who live rougher lives than the tourists, are simple going about their business as usual.

coldskier0320
17 September 2004, 07:13 AM
Still wiping ink from his face, the brawny human and the Mon Cal male escort their fuming employer back into the Watering Hole.

Seeing this, Tresk smiles. This was neither the time nor the place for an all out fight. Still, Tresk reasoned, there was no reason to invite danger. Pulling the Quarren's blaster out of his holster, Tresk confidently tucks it into his own belt before turning to the pirate with a friendly smile,

"There's no need for that kind of deception among friends, now is there? You see? You're no longer in any danger, so there's no need for weapons, especially not concealed weapons. Come, let us go somewhere away from all this activity, we'll buy you a drink while we discuss what just happened."

With that, Tresk's fur ripples as he motions to his companions, tossing the blaster he confiscated from the pirate to Kerdan. This would be an interesting conversation indeed.

Crymoon
17 September 2004, 08:39 AM
Kerdan without any problems (I hope) catches the blaster smiling brightly at Tresk:
"Are you some kind of telepath, too?" he asks grining "That was just the think I wanted to suggest. Are you going?" he asks Garadios "I think that Shadow can take care of her own, but maybe some help would be nice...I don't think she would bite you or something.. or at least I hope she won't..."
He leaves the choice to Garadios and looks back at Tresk "Though I doubt that this fine establishment will be the best place to talk. Maybe our new friend knows a place not far from here where we could talk..."

8Dark_Prince6
17 September 2004, 11:10 AM
"Are you some kind of telepath, too?" he asks grining "That was just the think I wanted to suggest. Are you going?" he asks Garadios "I think that Shadow can take care of her own, but maybe some help would be nice...I don't think she would bite you or something.. or at least I hope she won't..."

Garadios smiles at Kerdan under his mask. "I have my ways. Oh and if she does I'll bite back. ;) "
With that Garadios runs back to assist Shadow.

Ronin
17 September 2004, 04:12 PM
Ooo, arr, me hearties!
The pirate, visibly somewhat miffed at being disarmed, looks hard at each of you (Kerdan and Tresk) then nods.
"My people have a safehouse in the city. I have a speeder parked round the back of that warehouse," he says, pointing to a large building some 100m away up a main street with the open sea on one side.

Back at the Cantina By The Bay:
The barkeeper's surprised face brightens again as Garadios, another seeming repeat-customer dashes into the building...then up the stairs in hot pursuit of the black clad woman a minute earlier. "Offworld trash," the old Mon Cal mumbles and continues cleaning glasses.
Garadios vaults up to the 2nd floor when suddenly he hears a roar as a fight breaks out on the 3rd floor...

As you make it to the top of the staircase to the 3rd floor (the stairs continue round and up to the roof) you find it totally empty. You quickly duck and roll under the largest vibro-axe you have ever seen as it is swung at you with the intention of cleaving your waist in two.
Rolling to face your attacker as he steps out from an alcove you find him (it?!) to be a 2.1m tall, dark brown furred Wookiee with death in his eyes. You can also hear footsteps coming down the stairs...

Jan Tolbara
18 September 2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Ronin
Back at the Cantina By The Bay:
As you make it to the top of the staircase to the 3rd floor (the stairs continue round and up to the roof) you find it totally empty. You quickly duck and roll under the largest vibro-axe you have ever seen as it is swung at you with the intention of cleaving your waist in two.
Rolling to face your attacker as he steps out from an alcove you find him (it?!) to be a 2.1m tall, dark brown furred Wookiee with death in his eyes. You can also hear footsteps coming down the stairs...

Wasting no time, Shadow shoots at the Wookiee.

8Dark_Prince6
18 September 2004, 06:51 PM
Wasting no time, Shadow shoots at the Wookiee.

Seeing the wookie and hearing the shot Garadios pulls out his Vibrorapier and hits the ground, then pauses a moment and springs back up to his feet.

Crymoon
18 September 2004, 10:58 PM
Kerdan smiles again
"Let's go to your speeder but we'll wait there for the rest of our team. When we'll there we'll let them know where to come, huh?" - he asks Tresk

Ronin
23 September 2004, 05:53 PM
Kerdan, Tresk and Pirate: (is no-one even gonna ask the poor fellow's name?!)
The pirate nodds to each of you and begins walking at a brisk pace off up the road next to the sea, toward the warehouse. As you walk with him he looks at you; "So...why? Why did you help me? Who are you people?"

Shadow and Garadios:
As Shadow gracefully rolls under the screaching vibroaxe she turns and squeezes off a shot that singes hair from the towering Wookiee's left thigh (12VP).
The Wookiee bellows, closes the distance between you and swings his vibroaxe back at you, tearing through your jumpsuit as you duck again (12VP). Quickly looking about, the whole 3rd floor of the restaurant seems to be abandoned, just lots of tables and chairs, no customers. Suddenly Garadios appears at the top of the stairs, behind the Wookiee, his vibrorapier drawn.
The clomping boots get louder and Shadow spots a pair of military-style boots racing down the stairs from the roof (this individual will arrive next turn).

Crix:
(anything you wanna do?)

OOC: updated earlier than I expected...now I've gotta rush off to work! ;)

8Dark_Prince6
23 September 2004, 07:08 PM
(OCC is the Wookies back towards Garadios either way) Garadios charges and the Wookie with his Virborapier.

Crymoon
23 September 2004, 09:23 PM
OOC: Not yet...

"We'll talk when we'll safe..." Kerdan answers pirates question with a slight smile. "I say let's move..."
He waits for Tresk and pirate to go first...

coldskier0320
24 September 2004, 07:20 AM
"Let's go to your speeder but we'll wait there for the rest of our team. When we'll there we'll let them know where to come, huh?"

Tresk initially agrees, and proceeds along with the pirate and Kerdan.


"So...why? Why did you help me? Who are you people?"

At this, Tresk smirks wryly and his fur ripples, "Let's just say were potential business partners, ok?"

After taking a few more steps, though, he pauses, "on second thought, scrap the speeder idea...hold on a second."

He then withdraws his comlink and hails Crix, "Crix, this is Tresk, what's your current position and situation?"

Jan Tolbara
24 September 2004, 10:41 AM
Shadow fires at the Wookiee again, attempting to do so before Garadios engages him.

KnightStalker
24 September 2004, 08:33 PM
He then withdraws his comlink and hails Crix, "Crix, this is Tresk, what's your current position and situation?"

Crix pulls out his comlink and replies, "Right now I'm out on the open sea. I've obtained us a submersi-speeder that's capable of getting us to where-ever we wanna go. Any of you gentlebeings care to meet up someplace and do some improvisational customizing on this thing for the mission, such as additional armor or armaments? Oh, by the way, you guys manage to figure out our target location yet?"

Ronin
25 September 2004, 05:10 AM
Garadios leapts to the 3rd floor, and charges at the Wookiee's back as Shadow takes aim for another shot at the front of her hirsute attacker.
He slashes down the Wookiee's back as the hairy beast is turning, realising he is being attacked from both sides. He lets out a roar, you're not sure if it's rage or pain... (but you sure as hell knocked 10VP off his hair hide!).
As he turns to face you, he also swings his vibroaxe diagonally up and across you, slicing through your clothes and tearing the skin of your chest (adios 19VPs!!!)...like lightning he swings the axe round his head and back down across you.
You hear a rib or two crack and you have to fight the darkness to stay conscious (he wiped out your remaining VPs...and you're down to 6WP).

Whoever this Wookiee is, he is decidedly hard.

Apparently shocked by the sudden, devastating wounds delt to her comrade, Shadow's shot merely singes the Wookiee's dark pelt (4VPs).

(the dice truely weren't with you this round!).



Outside:
The pirate listens as you talk with Crix, then he walks across to the railing by the edge of the city and looks out across the water.
"Your friend has a submersi-speeder? And he wishes to arm it? You fellows are most interesting business people...most would introduce themselves with a handshake...but you do it with a shoulder barge, a headlong charge and armed submersibles..."
His facial tentacles move in a way which you believe would be equivalent to a raised eyebrow...

8Dark_Prince6
25 September 2004, 12:29 PM
Garadios hits the floor with a thud and drops his vibrorapier. "UH!" Garadios lies there and watches the battle.

Jan Tolbara
28 September 2004, 12:44 PM
Seeing her partner go down, Shadow experiences a brief moment of fear but quickly transforms it to determination. Again, she aims her blaster at the Wookiee and fires while trying to maneuver around to put herself between the hairy beast and Garadios.

coldskier0320
30 September 2004, 01:14 PM
You fellows are most interesting business people...

Tresk smiles at this and only replies, "We certainly are."

Turning back to his comlink, he responds to Crix, "Excellent news, Crix. I believed we've narrowed down our search. Get to the dock closest to the Cantina by the Bay, and we'll meet you there. If we're not outside, head upstairs."

With that, he shuts down the comlink, and, turning to Kerdan and the pirate, he indicates the Cantina, "Shall we?".

And with a smirk, he runs through the door of the building, heading upstairs.

Ronin
30 September 2004, 05:53 PM
Shadow:
Shakily you aim at the towering Wookiee as he turn to face you...and your shot goes wide...nearly hitting a Gran in combats who is slowly decending the stairs; a long rifle trained on you.
The Wookiee growls, races at you, scoops you up...and hurls you out the front window...

Tresk
As you heads back to the Cantina by the Bay (I see no reason for you to be running)...there's the shatter of plexiglass again and Shadow tumbles through the air out of the 3rd floor window.

Garadios:
The Wookiee and Gran stand over you. Faking unconsciousness, they can't tell that you are still watching them, due to your Kel-Dor face-mask. The two move with great skill and are obviously well trained.
After tossing Shadow out the window, the Wookiee collects his bowcaster from a nearby tabletop and seems to be preparing to leave, while the Gran stands over you; his rifle's muzzle against your temple.
The Wookiee growls again and the Gran nods, his (3) eyes never leaving you; "I'll just deal with this one, then we can go."
He then pulls a blaster pistol from his belt holster...and stuns you...
everything turns black...

Jan Tolbara
30 September 2004, 06:56 PM
If Shadow can't grab anything to stop her fall, she will attempt to tumble to reduce the impact on the ground below.

Crymoon
30 September 2004, 09:38 PM
Kerdan with a great suprose wathces the flying Shadow out of the window... There still may be a way to save her somehow... He races at his top speed to catch her or at least to make her fall softer when she lands on him... He hopes it will work...
As he races he is smiling a bright stupid smile...

Ronin
3 October 2004, 06:03 PM
Tresk:
Patrons are beginning to leave the Tavern by the Bay after hearing the shots upstairs, and the sound of breaking glass, as Shadow sails over your head...and people rush out of the cantina past you (a few get showered with shards of glass, but luckily you're okay (good Ref roll ;) ).
Off in the distance you can hear sirens...clearly someone called security at last.
Fighting past the fleeing patrons you see the barkeeper, head in hands behind the bar.
Racing up the stairs you barely stop at the second floor to check it's clear, then proceed up to the 3rd floor...
just infront of the stairs you find Garadios unconscious and bleeding on the floor...two deep scars carved like an X in his torso...
the rest of the floor is abandoned though a door at the back seems to be slightly ajar...

Garadios:
(If Tresk wakes you up, you can act).

Shadow:
Grasping for something, anything, your blaster flies away into the rapidly fleeing crowd below you...and you fail to catch onto anything...
The next thing you know a murderously sharp pain lances up your spine as you hit the ferrocrete hard on your back (6WP!). You barely maintain consciousness amonst the screams of the crowd and the tinkle of falling glass...and in the distance you can faintly hear sirens.

Kerdan:
You desperately reach out for Shadow, wishing you'd played more ball-sports as a youth, but her tumble is somewhat erratic and...you miss her. She lands hard on her back, letting out an involuntary scream. With people flooding out of the Cantina By The Bay, and even more people leaving the general area due to two fights so close together...you can hear sirens.
Suddenly you remember: The pirate!!! Looking around, he's no-where to be seen!

Crix:
You recieved Tresk's call...and there's a dock not far from the Cantina By The Bay...

Everyone:
Quick status check.
Shadow: VP = 32, WP = 8.
Garadios: VP = 0, WP = 6.
Others: unharmed, as yet.

coldskier0320
4 October 2004, 09:19 AM
the rest of the floor is abandoned though a door at the back seems to be slightly ajar...

Tresk's rush up to the third floor is halted by the sight of the prone, unconscious Kel Dor that he'd grown to appreciate over the past few months. Noticing the door, Tresk is torn between making progress on his mission and looking after a colleague and friend, anfter a moment of inner conflict, he kneels down beside Garadios, occasionally glancing at the door with an impatient, torn expression. He then takes to shaking and slapping Garadios in order to get any sort of vital sign from him...

"Come on, my friend. Give me something here! Now is definitely not the time for napping!"

Jan Tolbara
4 October 2004, 09:33 AM
Wincing from the sudden pain, Shadow will see if she can move. If so, she will try to recover her blaster and find the rest of the group.

A Wookiee pelt sounds like a good addition to her wall right about now.

8Dark_Prince6
4 October 2004, 11:15 AM
After recieveing a few shakes and slaps Garadios awakens to see his furry friend's face infront of his own. Startled he moves to which a wonderful sharp pain comes back as a rememberance as to what happened. He turns his head towards Tresk. "Wheres the wookie and the gran that were up here and what happened to my vibrorapier?"

coldskier0320
4 October 2004, 12:27 PM
Glad to see that his friend was only marginally out of it, Tresk gives the Kel Dor a wry grin.

"I'm not exactly sure, but i think it might have something to do with that door over there."

He indicates the open door as he gives Garadios a hand standing up. Once Garadios is upright, and standing under his own strength, Tresk thumps him soundly on the back,

"See there? You're not so bad off. Now up and at 'em, my friend, the solution to our problems may be fast escaping..."

And at this, he heads for the door...

KnightStalker
4 October 2004, 07:39 PM
Turning back to his comlink, he responds to Crix, "Excellent news, Crix. I believed we've narrowed down our search. Get to the dock closest to the Cantina by the Bay, and we'll meet you there. If we're not outside, head upstairs."

After hearing the news from Tresk, Crix quickly fires up the submersi-speeder and races to the indicated dock, once there, Crix secures the submersi-speeder and hurries off to the tavern to meet up with the others.

Crymoon
5 October 2004, 08:47 AM
Kerdan noticed the absence of the pirate and smile a wry smile... He simply can't be angry at anyone.. maybe at himself.. but hell.. one is gone.. then maybe we'll get the others somehow..

"Shadow, You ok?" he smiles at her again, but doesn't help her. 'She's a tough one.... she could get offended if I treated her like a weak woman...'

"Let's go up, shall we?" he smiles brightly as she gets up and waits for her move...

8Dark_Prince6
5 October 2004, 06:31 PM
After his associate helps him up Garadios stands and looks about the room in an attempt to find his vibrorapier (if he does he heads out with Tresk to attempt to follow his and Shadow's attackers.

Ronin
7 October 2004, 07:09 AM
Kerdan, Shadow, Crix:
After a quick look about Shadow's blaster appears to be lost completely...
The three of you meet at the enterance to the Tavern by the Bay...it's now completely deserted...the patrons have fled, and you can see a security speeder about a hundred meters away, trying to get through the crowd...heading in your direction...
The tavern keeper looks up angrily as the three of you enter.
"What the hell do you want?!"

Tresk, Garadios:
Garadios finds his vibrorapier kicked off into a corner. It hurts like hell as he stands...
Tresk: you get to the door and fling it open....it reveals the fire exit to a back alley, though the Wookiee and Gran are nowhere to be seen.
Over the lower buildings you can see another security speeder heading up the road from the opposite direction...

(Shadow & Garadios: remember that because you're wounded, you can't run and your also at -1 str and dex).

coldskier0320
7 October 2004, 07:23 PM
Tresk, fur rippling, turns to regards Garadios from the fire escape landing, a scowl of frustration clouding his features,

"There's no sign of either of them! Head down to see how Shadow is doing, and hurry, I see another security speeder. I'm gonna look for any clues they may have left behind, I'll be down in a minute."

With that, Tresk heads out to the fire escape, making his way along, hoping to notice somethign amiss...