PDA

View Full Version : Which systems hasn't been found 4000 BBY?

Maynard
24 February 2004, 03:19 AM
Hello. I'm creating a campaign following the events after Knights of the Old Republic and was wondering if anyone knows anything about which systems have been found, or probably easier, which ones haven't been found. I know of some like Barab 1and Kashyyyk, but I'm certain there is someone out there that knows more than me on this subject.

Darth Fierce
24 February 2004, 03:51 AM
Ouch, Maynard...this is even a hard one for someone like me, who likes to think of himself as a relative guru on the history of the planets of the Star Wars galaxy. Granted, I'm probably going to get slapped around for a comment like that (as I know some of you have more knowledge on the planets than I do)... ;)

However, I can say with certainty that a variety of worlds stretching from the Core to the Outer Rim have been contacted as of 4,000 years BBY.

If you're asking this question because you want to find out which alien races have a prominent role in the galaxy at this point in the SW timeline, I can say with near certainty that some of the more prominent races are: Duros, Devaronian, Twi'lek, Hutts (and most of their various associated races), Arkanian, Bith, Givin, Caamasi, and the Cathar.

Other races have been contacted, but many are not as prominent as these. The Bothans and Rodians may have been contacted by this point...I'm not sure.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Darth Fierce :vader:

BrianDavion
24 February 2004, 09:39 AM
well not endor certinly...

Maynard
24 February 2004, 02:42 PM
Here's a list of systems I have deleted from the Galaxy map created by Cartographer so far (that I can remember):

Kashyyyk/Trandosha
Endor
Omwat
Kamino (I figured it cannot have been found 4000 BBY when they barely know of it in EP2)
Mon Calamari
Barab 1
Aduba III

There is several more, most I simply don't believe had been discovered due to their location at the edge of the galaxy.

What about Tarkin's Fang, is that a space station or a system that has been renamed or something?

Darth Fierce
24 February 2004, 03:09 PM
I really don't see Hoth or Bespin being discovered by 4,000 years BBY either (though Bespin might have been, given its importance in Tibanna refining).

Nova Spice
24 February 2004, 03:11 PM
Im certain that most worlds beyond the Mid Rim and not along any of the main trade routes (the Corellian Run, The Rimma Trade Route, the Hydian Way, etc.) would probably not have been discovered. I'd be very surprised if any worlds such as Hoth, Ison, Bespin, Gand, or Toong'l were known about.

It's probably a safe generalization to figure that most planets in the Outer Rim and many worlds even in the Mid Rim have yet to be discovered.

Maynard
24 February 2004, 04:16 PM
I read somewhere on some site that the Hydian Way didn't even exist back then. It wasn't given any reason why it didn't exist.

Errin Orwain
24 February 2004, 06:31 PM
and as for Omwat, it had already been discovered, but the question would be if the Republic had lost contact with Omwat back then. there is the matter of the group of Omwati living on Coruscant during the RotE era, what we don't know for sure is when Omwat was found and when it was lost.

Darth Fierce
25 February 2004, 01:26 PM
The Hydian Way didn't exist until approximately 2,000 years BBY or later...during the Golden Age of the Republic. It was supposedly charted out by an adventurous female scout who became a legend as a result.

Nova Spice
25 February 2004, 07:10 PM
The Hydian Way didn't exist until approximately 2,000 years BBY or later...during the Golden Age of the Republic. It was supposedly charted out by an adventurous female scout who became a legend as a result.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the info, Fierce. I learned something new today. :D

Maynard
25 February 2004, 11:37 PM
I figured the Omwati had been forgotten as quickly as they had been discovered. A strange thing is that the Omwati living on Coruscant didn't keep their own records of where Omwat was located. The most likely turn of events in my mind is that slavers found Omwat, took some people, sold them and forgot about the place. I don't know though...

Darth Fierce
26 February 2004, 03:57 AM
You're welcome, Nova Spice. Glad to help! :)

In general, I agree with you, though, the Outer Rim is still pretty "iffy" regarding which worlds have been discovered 4,000 years BBY, as are many of the worlds at the outer fringes of the Mid Rim Territories.

One caveat though, Hutt Space is definitely well-known by this point. After all, by 4,000 years BBY, the Hutts have had contact with the Old Republic for sometime between 15,000-20,000 years.