PDA

View Full Version : 1138th OOC Thread

Vash Knives
11 March 2004, 04:35 AM
This is the OOC thread for the upcoming 1138th Commando Unit. I apologize for the delay as I have been busy and certain options have limited my computer use. The IC thread will come when I have all the NPCs made up and have time to get it up. ;) In the mean time this is here.

Vash Knives
20 March 2004, 05:45 AM
Paging Johnny, Ringlord, and regis-This thread is up!

johnnyputrid
20 March 2004, 07:55 AM
Lieutenant Squint Flembek will report for duty later on this afternoon, as right now he is busy with a pair of Twi'leks;)

Regis
20 March 2004, 08:27 AM
Hey, gang - Kizakh the Ewok here. If you don't see me too much, I'm probably just laying low because my Chadra-Fan ex has been looking for me... in a bad way.

Can't wait to rock this show, though. I may be taking requests for the kloo horn, so let me know if there's something you want to hear.

johnnyputrid
20 March 2004, 02:48 PM
Squint Flembek has finished his "business" and is now ready for whatever awaits. Be he insists on having a few dozen drinks first.

Vash Knives
20 March 2004, 03:02 PM
The rpg begins in a bar-so no problem!

johnnyputrid
20 March 2004, 04:40 PM
So I'm guessing you want us to just freestyle this? It might be a stupid question, but Squint's not the only one who's drunk tonght.;)

Vash Knives
21 March 2004, 03:45 AM
*looks at the IC thread* Indeed...just about the entire unit is drunk. The freestyling is to be within orders-the twi'leks would be pushing it-they're just an opening joke.

Ringlord816
22 March 2004, 06:27 AM
Beep-boop

R3-D6 reporting in

BTW, where am I in the IC post? I didn't see a droid.

Vash Knives
22 March 2004, 10:09 AM
You're just outside the bar in the unit ship-it's a black LAAT/i transport with a very spacoiuos interior.

Ringlord816
22 March 2004, 01:54 PM
oh. In that case i'll post IC as soon as there is a reason for me to do something

johnnyputrid
22 March 2004, 02:00 PM
Luckily for me, we're outside a bar. No further instructions necessary:D

Vash Knives
22 March 2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by johnnyputrid
Luckily for me, we're outside a bar. No further instructions necessary:D
Everyone exect R3-D6 is IN the bar-now just when to start the barfight...

johnnyputrid
22 March 2004, 03:54 PM
An opportunity for Flembek to demonstrate the Drunken Saber combat style and needless destroy all the furniture in the room while not hitting a single person and still ordering drinks at the same time! Finally.

Now if somebody will just wake him up first...

Regis
22 March 2004, 04:41 PM
Now if somebody will just wake him up first...

I've got your back, Chief.

Regis
22 March 2004, 09:01 PM
Kudos on Tactical Roleplaying, johnny! It looks pretty schweet to me. I'm going to enjoy putting some of the ideas to use... MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

johnnyputrid
23 March 2004, 06:14 AM
Thanks, man! (cue mad scientist laughter)

Regis
23 March 2004, 06:33 AM
I especially liked the tone and voice (or whatever you call it, I don't know - I'm an engineering major).

I might be gone for a few days - my wife's grandmother is in the hospital, so I'm leaving town shortly and doubt I'll have much time to check in here. Catch you on the flip side, gang!

johnnyputrid
23 March 2004, 06:48 AM
Well I hope she gets better. Take care buddy.

As for the rest of you...

Vash, Ringlord, hey Flembek's in a bit of jam here. He's not nearly drunk enough, everybody in the bar is trying to kill him, and his lightsaber is slowly running out of power. A little help here would be hot!:D

Ringlord816
23 March 2004, 07:19 AM
How is an astromech supposed to help... remembers blaster mount never mind. Should I just head in or will someone comlink me?

johnnyputrid
23 March 2004, 09:34 AM
All I know is that Flembek hopes you have a nice heavy blaster mounted up AND a serving tray full of drinks:D

Roll on in and join the fun.

Ringlord816
23 March 2004, 11:09 AM
nope, plain blaster. the drink dispenser is a mod i'll have to think about.

Vash Knives
24 March 2004, 01:28 PM
Just so you guys know, the ship is called the Screwu.

Regis
27 March 2004, 10:39 AM
I'm back, and it looks like she'll be okay - thanks for your support, gang.

Regis
31 March 2004, 01:33 PM
You there, Vash? Kizakh is waiting for a reply from the Colonel.

BTW, there's no "r" in Kizakh.

Vash Knives
7 April 2004, 03:44 PM
I'm here-what of the rest of you? Each charactor has their own room on the Screwu so there won't be any fun with roommates during the trip to the Skywalker Ranch, because you won't have roommates-and don't ask about the size because the rooms are as big or as small as you want, whether it be the size of a broom closet or a ssd hanger-it'll fit-thanks to the work of the Great Flannelled one-even Lucas needs commandos.

Regis
9 April 2004, 11:50 AM
We're here, Vash. Where's the Colonel?

johnnyputrid
9 April 2004, 12:41 PM
Hey Regis, I'm nearly finished with an epic...well, maybe not epic, but pretty entertaining Squint Flembek tale which should be posted by Sunday night. I was wondering if I could "borrow" Kizakh for the final section. He would fit perfectly in the ending. Even though he's an Ewok, and the story is set 1200 years BBY, I've got a perfectly ridiculous explanation for everything.:D

(taps foot, waits for Vash to post)

Regis
9 April 2004, 10:57 PM
No problemo, Johnny boy. I had a chance to look at some of your previous work, so I can only imagine how this one could turn out. I'm looking forward to it.

(Joins the foot tapping and waiting for the illustrious GM also known as Vash to post.)

johnnyputrid
10 April 2004, 08:08 PM
I think you'll be either pleased or outraged, Regis. :D

Acutally, I think I've managed to capture Kizakh's character pretty well. Let's see, a daquiri-drinking, blaster-toting, Hawaiian shirt-wearing, snappy-combacking Ewok with a Chadra-Fan fetish. No problem. Fits right in with an alcoholic, unwise, easily-confused, ladies-man ex-Jedi Master with a bizarre sense of fashion.

Vash, I feel you man. My job in the Army keeps me pretty busy. Any free time I have (which is almost none to begin with) has been spent sleeping, drinking, writing a bit here and there, and making the occassional post, sometimes all of those at once! We'll be here whenever you're ready. I hope everything works out okay for ya.

And what happened to Ringlord? Is he OK?

Regis
11 April 2004, 08:38 AM
Rock on, Johnny.

And it's all good, Vash. I'm taking a straight 18 hours of engineering classes (with 3 labs - an extra eight hours a week - and all the homework that goes with it); I too know what it's like to have minimal free time. Just do what you can, pal.

johnnyputrid
14 April 2004, 12:26 PM
Speaking of not having any free time, here I am again staring at blank walls and waiting for the phone to ring. That's right folks, once again ol' Johnnyp is on 24-hour duty with nothing to do. If there's one reason I'm happy to be getting out of the military, this is it. Pulling a 24-hour duty once a month is no big deal, but for the last week and a half, its been EVERY OTHER DAY. All the mindless tasks I have to perform (clean floor, check back door, clean floor again, empty trash, check back door, answer random wrong number, clean floor yet again, etc.) is going to drive me mad. I mean madder.

Sorry for the meaningless post. I have nothing important to do and I can't go anywhere.

Regis
14 April 2004, 12:44 PM
But will they let you play the accordion? That always makes my day better, pulling out the old squeezebox and playing some '80s tunes - 867-5309, Back in Black, 99 Luftbalons, etc.

You should check on that, Johnny.

johnnyputrid
14 April 2004, 12:52 PM
Man, I tried bringing my guitar (the acoustic one at that) and these people gave me the "are you out of your mind you are performing a mandatory military duty what the hell makes you think you can just loaf around and play your geetar instead of manning your post" look. You know, that look.

Maybe, just maybe, if these maroons and imbecsighles will leave me alone, I can finish my epic *cough, cough* Flembek tale. But probably not.:(

Regis
14 April 2004, 02:53 PM
Ugh, that's rough.

But you should try to bring an accordion - it has its own aura of coolness that few other things can touch if you can play it.

Trust me on this one.B)

johnnyputrid
14 April 2004, 08:24 PM
Sounds like you be the subject matter expert, so I'll take your word on that. Maybe I'll go one step further, and learn to play the thing with my feet!:D

I wonder what ol' Vash has in store for us next? I imagine we'll cause plenty of havoc at the Ranch. At least Flembek will.

Regis
14 April 2004, 08:48 PM
I'm equally scared to think of it and anticipating it, Johnny.

This is gonna be fun... when Vash gets back.

Vash Knives
16 April 2004, 01:48 PM
I have not the time now-tomorrow!

Regis
16 April 2004, 03:31 PM
Rock on, Vash-dude. I'm all over this one!

Vash Knives
17 April 2004, 12:19 PM
for those of you who don't like what the Colonel has done, it's for your own good-in the mean time I celebrate getting this far.

Regis
17 April 2004, 12:49 PM
By "what the Colonel has done" do you mean locking us on the ship?

Just don't make us find our own excitement, Vash. I've got a bad feeling about this... ;)

johnnyputrid
17 April 2004, 01:11 PM
Well, Kizakh and Flembek could have a drinking contest (Flembek would win) or some other silly contest (Kizakh would win pretty much everything else). Free-form gaming at its uh, best.:D

Regis
17 April 2004, 08:36 PM
Hey, Johnny, you think this crate's got a couple of plasma torches? We could have a welded art fest (alcohol optional, of course) using "spare parts" we find lying around.

We could even try to sell our work the next time we land, and use the money to buy a lock-picking kit so we can break out of the ship whenever the Colonel locks us in. Huzzah!

johnnyputrid
17 April 2004, 08:53 PM
Good idea! But I think alcohol is MANDATORY. At least for Flembek.:D
I can only imagine the crazy artwork an Ewok and a drunken Jedi could come up with.

But if we've got plasma torches and Flembek's lightsaber, why do we need the lock-pick kit? Oh, right, you mean so atmosphere won't leak out of the GIANT hole we just created in the ship. Never mind. I'm drunk.

Regis
18 April 2004, 06:36 AM
Yeah, I tend to view atmosphere as a good thing... I say we go for it!

Vash Knives
18 April 2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by johnnyputrid
But if we've got plasma torches and Flembek's lightsaber, why do we need the lock-pick kit? Oh, right, you mean so atmosphere won't leak out of the GIANT hole we just created in the ship. Never mind. I'm drunk.
That, and the armour of the ship the same stuff as on the Suncrusher.

Regis
18 April 2004, 12:51 PM
Not to sound like a jerk here, Vash, but

...the armour of the ship the same stuff as on the Suncrusher.

in conjunction with everything else is really pushing my suspension of disbelief.

johnnyputrid
18 April 2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Regis
Not to sound like a jerk here, Vash, but

in conjunction with everything else is really pushing my suspension of disbelief.

LOL! If that makes you suspend your disbelief, the attachment below ain't gonna help!:D

Regis
24 April 2004, 10:46 AM
Rock on, Johnny! I'll have to write up some Kizakh backstory and stats sometime soon.

I love how your story had a character named Dillio in it. See, I've got a buddy named Dillon and we call him Dillio because of a crazy friend of ours made. Check it out if you dare.

Warning - In viewing this image, I resolve Regis of any fault for occuring nightmares, incidences of vomiting, or any other liability for anything I might pin on this picture.

johnnyputrid
24 April 2004, 12:33 PM
That is seriously twisted Regis. Reminds me of just about everybody I went to high school with.:P

I'm gonna start a "Post your Characters Here" thread over on the d20 forums, so that would be the best place to debut for Kizakh for the uninitiated. Man, I can't wait to see what you've cooked up for the little guy!

Vash Knives
8 May 2004, 03:33 AM
Hello???

johnnyputrid
8 May 2004, 06:57 AM
Flembek's here. Wasn't quite sure exactly what to post.

Regis
10 May 2004, 06:53 AM
I"m here too. Man, having a paper route in the morning during school sucks. (That's the main reason I've been out so much lately).

Now it's finals week. Anyone know anything about Environmental Engineering or Soil Mechanics?

Vash Knives
5 June 2004, 03:16 AM
HELLO...Hello...hello...

Ringlord816
24 June 2004, 05:45 AM
Hey all,
sorry to report that i will be on vacation for the summer, starting tomorrow. Untill i get back, i turn my char over to vash.

Regis
26 June 2004, 10:49 AM
Hey, everybody! Contrary to popular belief, I'm not dead after all (sorry if that's a letdown for you guys, but that's life).

I'm pretty much back after a pretty bad month, involving moving, computer problems, the wife being in the hospital for about two weeks and having her gallbladder removed as well as developing pnemonia, and the passing of her grandfather earlier this week. I'll be out of town for most of next week for the funeral, but hopefully I'll be around after that.

I figure if we can get through this month, the rest of the marriage won't be that bad.