PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Roleplaying? What is Tactical Roleplaying?

scottyboy
19 March 2004, 05:24 AM
Yep, that's right everyone, you guessed it! We at the Online Journal are happy to present to you, yet another fine Web Feature. This most current addition was written by Johnnyputrid and it has everything you guys need to really spice up those combat encounters in your campaigns. Here's a little note from the author:

Are your combat encounters growing boring and stale? Would you rather spend a whole gaming session playing sabaac or slicing credit chips? Do you you shudder everytime the GM throws your party into yet another ho-hum encounter with the same old tired enemies? Tactical Role-Playing might be your salvation. Herein you will find a plethora of information regarding combat, from both the players and GMs perspectives. From new feats to tips on defeating Jedi, Tactical Role-Playing has something for all gamers alike.

Find it HERE (http://starwars-rpg.net/journal/webf.php)!!!

While you're there downloading this awesome guide, don't forget to check out our other Web Features too!!! Demons in the Dark
The Arms and Equipment Guide Supplement, Issues 1-3
The Net.Guide to Spleens (Simply hilarious!)
The Net.Guide to X-Wings
The Net.Guide to Stormtroopers

hisham
19 March 2004, 05:26 AM
And the artwork for this piece is outstanding! Outstanding, I say!

evan hansen
19 March 2004, 06:20 AM
I really have only one thing to say:

I love the Journal team. They're amazing. :-)

Kudos to johnnyputrid on a great feature, and kudos to the journal crew, as always, for putting together a great piece. And of course, let's not forget the artists. Hisham's right. The art in this is awesome.

Great stuff on all accounts!

Ravager_of_worlds
19 March 2004, 07:00 AM
good text. good art. ravager pleased. on word diet. no more words from me. :)

Ringlord816
19 March 2004, 07:26 AM
Very nice, I'll have to print this out for one of my GMs who doesn't use the internet much.

Chris Curtis
19 March 2004, 07:44 AM
Wow, very, very nicely done!I haven't read it indepth yet, but both the content and art look excellent so far.

I have to say one thing about the Web Features in general: PDFs are fine for printing out, but please, please put up at least basic HTML versions of the content so it can be easily read online.

johnnyputrid
23 March 2004, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the kind words everybody! I hope that some of the information will be a benefit, and perhaps expand your ideas about combat. Anyhow, thanks again!

Darth_Cassed
23 March 2004, 12:58 PM
I gotta go with hisham here. The art for this guide is so insanely good, I can't believe it! They should be getting paid for doing artwork!

Good guide Johnny, we look forward to many more projects ;)

Vanger Chevane
23 March 2004, 02:18 PM
One of the reasons I spent the points to give my Q: TU character 2 ranks in Tactics is the fact it's important in figuring out just what the Other Guy is up to and how to avoid it, or set him up.

The webguide makes a good deal of sense to those who haven't had to deal with Tactics professionally and makes the Tactics Skill much more valuable in-game.

In the past I have had to throttle back my .mil-instilled sense of tactics and strategy as my character's lacked the skill & I was unable to relate the concepts in a way the GM would understand outside of a strictly-combat situation.

This webguide is another quality work in a distiguished series for the OJ team.

Nova Spice
23 March 2004, 03:20 PM
As always, fabulous work OJ team. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Wizards might learn a thing or two from you guys (that's not to say that they've done poor, quite the contrary). The skill of the OJ team is very impressive and IMO, on par with some of the official writers and contributors for many of the best sourcebooks and material in the game.

Great work fellas!

Ardent
24 March 2004, 08:07 AM
I just wanted to add my own personal wow as to the art. It's amazing. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to read it yet (and am too poor currently to print anything up)...soon though...soon...

Admiral_Atredies
24 March 2004, 02:04 PM
:D Whoa. Thanks for another amazing ehancement guys, really useful (in fact, enough to print out and bind for my players), and, again, incredible artwork. 4 thumbs up!:)

Nealos
29 April 2004, 11:26 AM
This supplement is indeed a cool piece. Three cheers to the author for superlative thinking put "on paper." Also, the artists pulled off a nice one. What a great package.

Thanks for sharing your talents with the community! We want more!

scottyboy
30 April 2004, 04:47 AM
And you'll have more Nealos! Johnny is feverishly at work writing yet another jaw dropping supplement to be hosted on the Journal site! I wish I could tell you guys what it's about, but unfortunately I can't bring myself to do that... :) However, rest assured, if you liked the Tactical Roleplaying Supplement, then you'll DEFINITELY like this next one he's got coming! Look for updates soon!

johnnyputrid
30 April 2004, 05:12 AM
(cues mad scientist laughter while hidden amongst the shadows)

Ardent
30 April 2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by johnnyputrid
(cues mad scientist laughter while hidden amongst the shadows)

You know, the sound guy is on vacation...

johnnyputrid
30 April 2004, 07:16 AM
MWAH, HAH, HAH, HAH!

Better?:D

Ardent
30 April 2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by johnnyputrid
MWAH, HAH, HAH, HAH!

Better?:D

Jack Nicholson could do it. You want I should drive over to his place and ask him to? ;) Hey, by any chance, would this be the "How to be an effective Imperial commander" guide?

johnnyputrid
30 April 2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Ardent

Jack Nicholson could do it. You want I should drive over to his place and ask him to? ;) Hey, by any chance, would this be the "How to be an effective Imperial commander" guide?

I think Gene Wilder had the best mad scientist laugh, in Young Frankenstein. But hey, if Jack's willing....:D

And a definate "no" to the second question. I won't say any more than that.

Nealos
30 April 2004, 09:37 AM
Ya know, if you tell us what it's about, it'll just make us want to see it even more. ;)

Can't wait!

johnnyputrid
30 April 2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Nealos
Ya know, if you tell us what it's about, it'll just make us want to see it even more. ;)

Can't wait!

Nice try.:)