PDA

View Full Version : Proof of new changes to the Classic trilogy on DVD...

Reverend Strone
13 April 2004, 02:53 PM
Digital Bits (http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html) has posted an article supposedly featuring proof (as in an actual film image) that the DVDs coming out in September will indeed be "special edition special editions" with new changes. From what they say of the changes they know of, in this case I'm actually pleased, but I just hope that Mr Lucas knows when to stop and doesn't mess with too much for the sake of it. Looks pretty legit, but I imagine we won't know for certain till closer to September.

Kordeth
13 April 2004, 03:31 PM
For some reason, that top pic just doesn't look anything like Ian McDiarmid to me. I know it is him, but somehow it just doesn't look like him.

Seriously, though, I wouldn't mind a few minor changes like this, a new CGI Jabba, and maybe fixing the lightsaber FX in som e shots--IMHO, that's what the "Special Editions" should have been originally.

ij thompson
13 April 2004, 06:17 PM
I hope there are more additions like Han saying "'til I get the shelter built" instead of "'til I get the shelter up". I thought that that one change alone realized George's original vision beautifully! :P

Reverend Strone
13 April 2004, 10:21 PM
Ouch! IJ do I detect just the tiniest hint of sarcasm there by chance? :D

carth_onasi
14 April 2004, 12:36 AM
i like the new Emperor better than the odd frog/man/cartoon character hybrid original. Here's hoping that rumor's true

Codym
14 April 2004, 03:01 AM
I couldn't get the page to work, so I'll simply shrug and trust the good ol' Rev's opinion that the touch ups sound good. Either way, this box set still tops my DVD wish list.

ij thompson
14 April 2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Reverend Strone
Ouch! IJ do I detect just the tiniest hint of sarcasm there by chance? :D

Sorry, couldn't help it! :P But since I already have a far less restrained thread along these lines right here (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=15187), I'll try to chill! :)

But I will add that Digital Bits is a very reliable website when it comes to rumours like this... in fact, I can't think of a time when they've been wrong! ;)

Regis
15 April 2004, 10:53 AM
If they're not going to release the Original Classic Trilogy (which honestly ticks me off), then I'm all for fixing the things that "should" have been fixed in the Special Editions and removing the changes that shouldn't have been made (i.e. Han with Jedi-neck trick versus "Deadeye" Greedo).

Heck, if they took out "Jedi Rocks" and extended the original "Lapti Nek" with more band members and dancers as appropriate, I'd be as happy as I could be (sans theatrical versions, that is).