PDA

View Full Version : Short Prequels Timeline

Jame
21 April 2004, 05:13 AM
The timeline for the Empire and everything in the prequels seems remarkably short to me - Palpatine only seems to have ruled about twenty-two years as Emperor, and Anakin and Padme seem too young for the original timeline (as I understand it from reading the original Ep 4 novelization). Is this so, and why?

Nova Spice
21 April 2004, 07:21 AM
The timeline for the Empire and everything in the prequels seems remarkably short to me - Palpatine only seems to have ruled about twenty-two years as Emperor, and Anakin and Padme seem too young for the original timeline (as I understand it from reading the original Ep 4 novelization). Is this so, and why?

It has always been a fact that the Empire had a relatively short time span. However, in those couple decades of its rule, the galaxy experienced one of its darkest times.

As Supreme Chancellor, Palpatine ruled the Republic for twelve to thirteen years. As Emperor, Palpatine ruled the Empire for about twenty-six.

Anakin and Padme are definitely not too young for the original timeline--Anakin will be twenty-one or twenty-two when Episode III occurs and Padme will be about twenty-six or twenty-seven. That puts Vader at about forty-seven or forty-eight at his death. That's pretty much dead on target.

Jame
22 April 2004, 05:28 AM
Actually yeah, but I always thought that the emperor ruled for at least thirty years...