PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars MINIS

Darth Albeehotep
30 May 2004, 09:03 PM
Has anyone seen what the new star war plastic miniarures by WOC look like are there any pictures of them and when are they to be released i can not find any info on them any where other than and ad on Amazon (no pictures)
help a guy out will ya

:lukejedi: :sabersml: :sabersml: :vader:

Korpil
31 May 2004, 05:27 AM
There's another thread here regarding minis
http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14494&highlight=mini

You should enter the GamingReport link and watch the figures..

Fingon
4 June 2004, 03:13 PM
This doesn't really have anything to do with your question, but writing in correct, coherent english will get you a lot more feedback; and, might I add, puctuation is a VERY good idea.

Other than that, there really isn't any need to plead or beg.

johnpatrickmcp
5 June 2004, 12:09 PM
anybody know if they plan to release any starship minatures for the game. I would gladly take back every aweful thing I said about Star Wars Minis if I could get some good starship miniatures.

Reverend Strone
5 June 2004, 05:04 PM
Now there's a great idea. I sure hope it happens. Perhaps that might coincide with a new Ultimate Starships book? I could see WoTC doing a simplified Starship Combat game in a similar style to the upcoming character minis game (if they do well). It would be another good way to attract more people to the license and raise awareness (and sales) of the RPG.

The old SW micromachines were great, but unfortunately were pulled once Hasbro bought the line after Ep 1. I've been missing them with all the cool new prequel designs that have been done recently. They'd be great as micromachines.

johnpatrickmcp
6 June 2004, 05:56 AM
If you ask me this is an idea that should have been put into production long before character miniatures. Heck even if they just do minis for starfighters and space transports that would be a product I woulnt mind dropping alot of money into. In my opinion it is hardere to describe a space combat scene than it is to describe a ground combat scene. Character based star wars minis are just an attempt to tap into the Collectable Minitaure fad rather than to put out a useful game aid, in my opinion.

skade
24 June 2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Reverend Strone
Now there's a great idea. I sure hope it happens. Perhaps that might coincide with a new Ultimate Starships book? I could see WoTC doing a simplified Starship Combat game in a similar style to the upcoming character minis game (if they do well). It would be another good way to attract more people to the license and raise awareness (and sales) of the RPG.

This I would love to see. There is a heroClix like air combat system as it is, though I think it may have already been discontinued. Starship combat is one of the portions of the game I should enjoy more than I do, but have ye to find a good way to make it fun for everyone involved in the game. If A miniatures line and streamlined rules could make it more exciting to my players I would gladly welcome it.

kenad
24 June 2004, 02:56 PM
Gengis Ska's website is good for information. A developer on the WOTC boards is releasing a picture every week.

Gengis Ska's Minature Page (http://members.cox.net/ghenghis_ska/)

Jace Aleron
8 July 2004, 09:03 PM
Well I went to school for miniature modelmaking, and I'm in the process of working on making some for me and my friends, with vehicles, and such, I'm working in 1/48 scale (basically 1/4 in = 1 ft.), and I'm trying to figure out how I can market them, with out Lucas arts, WotC, and or Hasbro, going nuts and sueing my pants off.

Ghengis Ska
16 August 2004, 08:21 AM
I'm hoping that we hear some thing at GenCon in just 6-7 days, This would be a good chance to mention somehting about any chance of Space Ship miniatures. This is something i would love to see, some good more to scale SW space minis. While i use the Old Micro Machines now there is a huge scale differnce.

I am thrilled that they are doing figures of characters (you may have guessed by my rabid collection of any and all news i can find on the subject). But got to admit that now that we are starting to get some characters i Want Space ships. Star Wars is so much about both that you need to have some ships to go with the characters.

At one point i was toying with grabbing that WizKids game Crimsion Skys and trying to adapt the rules of that to a minis game using all of the Old Micro Machines i had... but never went anywhere... I hope WotC puts some Space minis out too.

Jedi Cahlwyn
17 August 2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Jace Aleron
I'm trying to figure out how I can market them, with out Lucas arts, WotC, and or Hasbro, going nuts and sueing my pants off.

Simply put, you don't. Anything "Star Wars" or "Star Wars Like" is directly copywrited by Lucas. My advice... drop the entire idea right now. It's not worth the headache that you're going to give yourself trying to find a way to do it.

Bottom line... Star Wars belongs to Uncle George... let it be.

Now... I don't think there is a problem at all with you making some for you and your friends and you posting some pics to show us. :)

Ghengis Ska
20 August 2004, 07:34 PM
This comes from Gen Con

" The designers would really like to make starships. When asked whether they would be working with Micro-Machines, Bill responded that they will always take advantage of their fellow HAsbro companies strengths. He also mentioned that if starships occur they will not be to the same scale as the current minis.."

blivengo
21 August 2004, 07:09 AM
That red head really is Mara Jade: Official Star Wars Miniatures Website (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=swminis)