PDA

View Full Version : Nudity in SW Ep. III

Darth Fouts
2 June 2004, 11:32 PM
I heard something that a friend mentioned about nudity in Episode III. I am having a hard time believing it due to the fact the that it is SW and nudity doesn 't fit into my SW universe,

My informant says this comes from SW Insider Mag. Has anyone heard or know anything about this?

Please inform us if you have any info. I am not a SW Insider subscriber and I seriously doubt my friends info.

Jedi_Shadow
3 June 2004, 01:26 AM
Rule of Thumb: Never, ever believe anything you hear second hand.

Nudity in Star Wars? I highly doubt it. Sure, those twi'leks don't wear very much, but full blown nudity? I agree that there's no place for it in Star Wars.

Codym
3 June 2004, 03:25 AM
Ah, this old rumor. I can remember when it came out for Phantom Menace that Natalie Portman was doing a nude scene, along with the bright pink female Yoda, and that Darth Maul was a demented clone of Obi-Wan.

Nice to see the classics making a return.

Darth Fierce
3 June 2004, 04:05 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with the posts above for one major reason...the Star Wars films tend to be virtually completely family-friendly (if you excuse legion after legion of soldiers biting the dust, and characters getting eaten by things like the Rancor or the Sarlacc). Frankly, from what I've been able to discern, Lucas has enough controversy on his hands with Episode III supposedly being much more violent than any of the other movies.

So, in short, I would take your friend's words with a very large grain of salt.

Darth Fierce :vader:

Nova Spice
3 June 2004, 07:26 AM
This rumor is without question, completely false. George Lucas makes family friendly movies. From American Graffiti to Indiana Jones to Star Wars, Lucas keeps his films clean and fun.

That's a trait which, for a while, seemed to be dying out. Fortunately, we're starting to see more and more wholesome films making great runs at the box office. (Shrek, Shrek 2, Finding Nemo, etc.)

I imagine that Padme is already pregnant when the movie begins. Assuming that is true, I believe all of us would say without hesitation that showing a naked pregnant woman in a Star Wars films would definitely be out of the question. ;)

Regis
3 June 2004, 11:12 AM
Maybe you're all thinking about this too hard, gang. Nudity is as abundant as... something that's really abundant in Star Wars.

Jabba the Hutt
Chewbacca (aside from his bandolier)
Ewoks (aside from headgear)
Watto (aside from his vest)
And many more...

They're all naked (or at least exposed)!

As far as human nudity goes, I'm not holding my breath. Heck, I'll be surprised if Episode III gets a PG-13 rating.

Kordeth
3 June 2004, 11:16 AM
Well, there was the infamous "Oola nip-slip" in RotJ....but I don't think that counts. :-)

Dr_Worm
3 June 2004, 12:47 PM
I gotta reiterate that this has not bassis in fact. At least from an "Insider" point of view. As much as I regret doing it, I got a subscription to Insider as compensation for my remaining "Gamer" issues, and I have read them all since then. I honestly find no value in the mag, since I am contyent to wait for the movies to come out to find out what's what. That being said I have read them, and there has been no mention of nuddity in any SW movie.

wolverine
4 June 2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Kordeth
Well, there was the infamous "Oola nip-slip" in RotJ....but I don't think that counts. :-)

What ola slip??

Fingon
4 June 2004, 06:17 AM
In the origional version of RotJ, you can see the Twilek dancer's nipples. It was fixed in the Special Edition (and will be in the DVD's).

Korpil
4 June 2004, 06:49 AM
Actually the rumors are both true and false, once again according to some point of view...

Rick McCallum did indeed "spoil" the fact that there will be some nudity in Episode III... this caused a great controversy, so he stated later that it was only a joke because there will be a scene where...
Anakin shows his bare breast

That was it...

I quote from Star Wars Insider 72 page 8, Rumor Shooting Gallery:

One of the principal characters has a near-nude scene.
No. Topless.

Talonne Hauk
4 June 2004, 06:54 AM
Wow, that Rick McCallum. He's quite the card. Any of the rest of you have to suppress a chuckle? If you want to blame the perceived mediocrity of the prequels on anyone, I'd pick him. There is no bigger yes-man or media spinner than McCallum.

Jedi_Shadow
4 June 2004, 07:10 AM
Ha! I remember that now! I read that and had a good chuckle. If we're talking about topless, it's technically already been seen. Anakin sleeps topless in Episode II.

It frightens me to think that anyone would take McCallum's statement (read: joke) to mean that Star Wars would have a nude scene, when he clearly says, "No." I guess some people just see what they want to see.

Corwin
4 June 2004, 12:06 PM
This rumor is so false.

I remember a rumor like this going around half a year before AotC came out. It said that their would be something of a love scene between Anakin and Padme, and that we might see some "royal nipple".

I don't know, I think some "royal nipple" could have livened up all those boring Anakin/Padme scenes :raised:

Rostek
15 June 2004, 07:20 AM
Nothing could have helped those disasters (except of course decent acting... not likely) ;)

Fred Getce
15 June 2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Shadow
Ha! I remember that now! I read that and had a good chuckle. If we're talking about topless, it's technically already been seen. Anakin sleeps topless in Episode II.

Yes but Hayden has buffed up like a pit bull on steroids weilding a lightsabre. There will be many star wars girl fans who will have their mouths hanging open during that scene, thinking 'if my boyfriend could look like that, I could have my Anakin fantasy'. ;)

Ardent
16 June 2004, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Fred Getce
Yes but Hayden has buffed up like a pit bull on steroids weilding a lightsabre. There will be many star wars girl fans who will have their mouths hanging open during that scene, thinking 'if my boyfriend could look like that, I could have my Anakin fantasy'. ;)

Hayden...buff? I don't think it's for Star Wars, honestly. Not even Sam U. El is particularly buff (as Samuel L. Jackson is almost always buff anyway, he's made no extra effort for the movie insofar as I can tell) for Star Wars. Besides...my ex had a Qui-Gon fantasy after Phantom Menace. Remember, Liam Neeson almost saved Star Wars.

ALFRED_THE_EWOK
17 June 2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Nova Spice
This rumor is without question, completely false. George Lucas makes family friendly movies. From American Graffiti to Indiana Jones to Star Wars, Lucas keeps his films clean and fun.

So I suppose that explains all the full frontal nudity in THX 1138.

cheshire
19 June 2004, 07:11 AM
Nudity in the Star Wars universe could have gone so very very wrong. I definately don't want to see the "Gamorian Girls Gone Hog Wild" out-take.