PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Scales of the Force

Gyp Ryol
15 June 2004, 03:16 PM
Welcome everyone! Hopefully we'll get started soon. Here's the list of Dramatis Personae (so far):

Rostek
Bren Soule: Male Human
CaamasiJedi49
Kajj Saldor: Male Druek Jedi Guardian
Lucas Carr
Wuf Korr: Male Kel Dor Jedi Guardian
red5_5
Tadia Nourdi: Female Human
skakid
Zaisn Ord: Male Human Jedi Consular
Luna-Wolf
Aleric il-Vath: Male Human Jedi Guardian
Ronin
Kai Kadnessar: Male Human Jedi Guardian

I'm looking forward to playing with you all!

KenobiJim
16 June 2004, 09:31 AM
Got my PC sent in and I am ready to play!

:twilek:

blivengo
16 June 2004, 06:19 PM
Welcome red5_5...so, our bear clan of sorts is complete...I'm looking forward to getting underway...

red5_5
17 June 2004, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I'm ready to go.

:)

Rostek
17 June 2004, 04:10 PM
I'm ready to go! This looks promising.

Navarra
19 June 2004, 05:25 PM
here is my character,Gyp
I have tried pming and emailing you but my brower is acting very curious.
I have attached my character for you to view in a file.
I wasnt sure how you felt about other players knowing each others
past and whatnot before they roleplayed.
:raised:
I dont mind either way.
Although I guess anyone could open the file anyway. :P
sorry it took so long for me to figure out a way to overide my dumb computers problems.

Oh and thanks Blivengo for the heads up.:D

And to everyone else sorry it took so long and I look forward to gaming with you.:)

Gyp Ryol
19 June 2004, 06:29 PM
*The GM reads through character bios with sagely half-moon glasses.*

Excellent, excellent. Everything is coming together quite nicely. Look for the IC thread very soon. I'll have to figure out how to bring such an ecclectic group together. Ooo, the suspense!

Oh, and on a different note: NOT ONE PLAYER IS TO DOWNLOAD OR LOOK AT NAVARRA'S CHARACTER! DOING SO WILL RESULT IN HIGHLY UNCOMFORTABLE SWEATERS BEING SENT TO YOUR RESIDENCE, OR PERHAPS SOMETHING EQUALLY NASTY AND PUNITIVE! Have a nice day!

blivengo
19 June 2004, 06:42 PM
Rock on Navarra, my pleasure in helping out...oh, Gyp, I read Nav's bio when he posted it as a separate thread a while back...I can pretend like I know nothing though, if that's how it's to be...man, this is going to be killer methinks...the sooner we start, the better...

Gyp Ryol
19 June 2004, 06:47 PM
blivengo, you'll be getting a large shipment from the Uncomfortable Sweater Co. very soon...

But yes, please do forget it. I think having it be the character's desicion to reveal their past is integral to this type of game.

blivengo
19 June 2004, 06:52 PM
Forget what Gyp?

Man...this sweater is chafing me...

Navarra
19 June 2004, 07:04 PM
My storyline was changed somewhat anyway.
I am not use to worrying about things like that because I usually rp
with a group at a friends house or what not and therefore with poeple right in the room there will always be times when you have to be a good roleplayer and forget things that were mentioned about the characters or ignore info that another character three worlds away is getting from the dm. or gm if its star wars.

For Gyp, Blivengo is talking about the first time I tried to post my character and my stupid self thought New thread made a new post not
a whole frikkin new chapter er thread... whatever!!!
I still am contacting my cool points lawyer on that.

:sabersml:

P.S. does contacting a lawyer give a dsp.:rolleyes:

Gyp Ryol
19 June 2004, 07:06 PM
Only if it's a Sith lawyer. Those guys can be ruthless.

Rostek
19 June 2004, 07:29 PM
So like a regular lawyer, but with a more menecing wardrobe and a lightsaber?

Gyp Ryol
19 June 2004, 07:34 PM
More or less, but there's always the sneaky one. You can only tell he's a Sith by the especially sinister briefcase he carries.

Okay, as the beginning of the game is looming, you may be wondering "But, Gyp, how are you handling die rolls?" Good quesiton! I will be handling all die rolls. Please simply describe your actions in the post, and I will make the subsequent rolls.

blivengo
20 June 2004, 07:55 AM
Begun, Scales of the Force has...

Hey Gyp, are we to be wearing Jedi attire, or "street" clothes? If that's a dumb question, roll 2d6 and see how badly you slap me...

Gyp Ryol
20 June 2004, 08:33 AM
I think you're suffering enough from that sweater. But that's a legitimate question. The characters have not been given Jedi robes as of yet, so you get to dress your character in whatever.

Gyp Ryol
21 June 2004, 06:28 AM
Ok, so as the first round of posts go up (sending out a subtle poke to KenobiJim here), I suppose now would be a good time to discuss proper PbP technique for those of you who have little experience with it.

As GM, I will be using various puncutation marks to denote certain things. ( ) denote OOC notes and any game mechanics that need to be passed along to you guys. [Brackets with italics inside] indictae camera view changes, but will only be used in 'cut scenes' that will pop up during the game. Straight italics are used in special cases, like the Jedi Code at the beginning of the opening post. // \\ denotes the translation of various alien languages.

Out of the above puncuation marks, you guys should only need to use the // \\ notation. Thoughts can be denoted as straight italics. Everything else can be described from a thrid person point of view, using the present tense. There's no need to go back and edit your posts, but please keep these guidelines in mind in the future.

blivengo
21 June 2004, 08:44 AM
Is it okay if I satisfy my OCD by editing my post?

Just say "yes," 'cause I'm going to do it anyway...

Jim, I'm very sorry about the gender mistake...I guess I can't read. I've fixed it in my post, so if you have time to edit yours, we can pretend like it never happened.

Rostek
21 June 2004, 02:16 PM
It's a man, baby!
That could have made for an interesting introduction.
At least you didn't write attractive female. ;)

KenobiJim
21 June 2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by blivengo
Is it okay if I satisfy my OCD by editing my post?

Just say "yes," 'cause I'm going to do it anyway...

Jim, I'm very sorry about the gender mistake...I guess I can't read. I've fixed it in my post, so if you have time to edit yours, we can pretend like it never happened.

That's okay. How many Twi'leks have you seen anyway?

blivengo
21 June 2004, 07:57 PM
Well…that will be divulged in time…for now, let’s just go with my not being able to read…my protocol droid stepped out, see, and I thought I could do one by myself…boy was I wrong…I think I’ve edited that post at least four times…

Rostek
28 June 2004, 08:07 PM
The game seems to be developing nicely Gyp , and I wonder how Bren will be getting off Corellia :)
All will be divulged in time, no? ;)

Gyp Ryol
29 June 2004, 06:05 AM
Patience, Iago. All in due time. On a side note, isn't it interesting how the Humans ended up on Corellia and the alien ended up on Courscant?

Rostek
29 June 2004, 07:59 AM
Yes, my master, :laboured breathing: :vader:
And yes, most interesting :raised: indeed.

Rostek
29 June 2004, 08:12 AM
Sorry about that, the previous message to occupy this space was not of my creation, the creators are being duly punished.
:rolleyes:

blivengo
1 July 2004, 02:25 PM
How can you tell I smell over the internet?

And where's red5_5? We need to get this show on the road...:sabersml:

red5_5
1 July 2004, 02:50 PM
Sorry for the long delay. My internet has been acting up the last few days. I'm ready to go, sorry again.

blivengo
1 July 2004, 03:04 PM
No apology necessary my good man...I'm just impatient...I am the one who is sorry...

Gyp Ryol
5 July 2004, 10:48 AM
Sorry for the delay everybody! A belated happy Independence Day, to those of you who celebrate it. With the holiday weekend in my part of the world, I haven't been able to get a good chunk of time in front of my warm computer screen. I've been planning out the next post, and I'm going to have to put Tadia and Bren in time freeze for the present moment. You two are farther ahead in time of the threesome on Courscant, so you'll be held up a little bit as I bring everyone else up to speed. You can expect the post tomorrow afternoon. (Well, afternoon for me.)

Rostek
5 July 2004, 01:10 PM
Ok, that's cool. Your doing great so far Gyp.

blivengo
5 July 2004, 03:46 PM
I agree, three cheers for the G-man...

Gyp Ryol
9 July 2004, 05:14 PM
Shew! That took longer than I thought. The next post is up, but hopefully we'll be able to move the Bank scene along fast enough to get to those poor souls on Corellia.

I realize that as of right now there doesn't seem to be a lot of player freedom. I know I'm commendeering your characters somewhat here in the beginning, but I promise that will stop in the near future. Once I get everyone together I'm gonna relax the reins and see where you guys do with it.

Gyp Ryol
10 July 2004, 08:41 AM
Because I dislike posting twice in a row less than sandwiching a player's post with two of my own, I'll throw this here in the OOC thread.

The coin does in fact seem to be glowing to Bosshendo, and the coin also stays cool in his hand, no matter how long he holds it. The rest of the small group notices nothing.

Navarra and Kenobi are free to react, but if nothing happens within the next two days I'm pressing forward. Say so here if you aren't going to post so that I can get cooking sooner.

KenobiJim
10 July 2004, 07:29 PM
Nothing here but the general reaction. Whoa...

Gyp Ryol
14 July 2004, 10:54 AM
Sorry to skip over you Navarra, but I want to make sure I don't keep Rostek and red5_5 out in the cold longer than I need to.

blivengo
14 July 2004, 12:23 PM
Oh Gypster..."I don't want anyone to get lost" sounds like a challenge...

Only kidding.

Navarra
15 July 2004, 02:51 AM
understood.:P

blivengo
16 July 2004, 12:04 PM
Come on...I don't want to be next...but I'm getting impatient again...I should start doing devilsticks...calm me down a bit...

Gyp Ryol
17 July 2004, 02:03 PM
Okay, so I'm going to move ahead and get red5_5 and Rostek back into the game if Navarra, Kenobi, or blivengo don't post within the next few hours. Herm. I suppose I may be stressing game speed a wee bit too much at this point if no one's posting. If you guys have any questions for Master Darillion, by all means, ask them now, because the next post is going to be a cutscene like the opening one.

blivengo
17 July 2004, 03:44 PM
I say go ahead and edit your last IC post and expand it to encompass the cut scene...all I would add is that Bosshendo keeps to himself during the remainder of the taxi ride, and while hurrying to Master Darillion's ship; he is preoccupied with thoughts on the day's events, especially the Jedi Credit (really cool idea by the way), and possible reasons for having to pick up the other two students rather than them just coming to Coruscant...if you don't carry on by the time I get up tomorrow, I'll jazz that up and post it...I was just waiting for Jim and Navarra to post before I did again...

Navarra
17 July 2004, 08:02 PM
doing the cutscene is cool with me.

KenobiJim
18 July 2004, 09:20 AM
please go ahead!

:twilek:

Rostek
20 July 2004, 06:14 PM
Here Gypy, Gypy, Gypy, heeeeeerrrrrrrreeee boy **whistle whistle**
Where oh where could he be?
:raised:

Gyp Ryol
21 July 2004, 08:24 AM
*trots up with stick in mouth*

Bleck! I've been carrying that around for too long. I think I have splinters in my tongue.

Apologies to everyone. I've been having trouble getting a good chunk of time at my nice warm computer screen, but I'm sure I'll have some tonight. I'm sorry for the delay, it's just that life has a pesky way of keeping you busy.

Gyp Ryol
25 July 2004, 09:49 AM
Hey, does anybody know where Navarra and red5_5 have gotten to? Now that everyone's in the same place IC, it'd be nice for everyone to post as well. Navarra hasn't posted in a week or so, and red hasn't posted in two weeks.

Thoughts everyone?

blivengo
25 July 2004, 09:54 AM
Kill 'em off!

Just kidding...I haven't noticed either of them online for a while, and I refresh the main page quite often daily...maybe they went on vacation and didn't say anything?

red5_5
28 July 2004, 01:05 PM
Sorry for the long absence, I've had a busy week, but now I'm back and ready to go. I should be able to post more frequently now.

Sorry again.:)

blivengo
28 July 2004, 01:31 PM
No worries...I'm just an impatient, life-less geek...:D

Now...I noticed Navarra was on for a bit yesterday, perhaps he is preparing his post...I'm excited to see how this race turns out...

Navarra
28 July 2004, 06:38 PM
Wow alot has happened and so quickly....!!!

On a serious note I apoligize for holding things up and am resolved to be alot more timely and frequent with my posts.

Gyp Ryol
29 July 2004, 05:51 AM
You're not going to believe this, but I was dreaming about people dropping out of the game last night. It was a nightmare trying to get replacement players, and eventually all that was left of the original group was KenobiJim. Hopefully, now I can rest easy knowing you guys are still with us.

Okay, so, I'm hoping for a big chunk of time in front of the computer today to do the next IC post, so stay tuned.

blivengo
29 July 2004, 05:59 AM
WHAT?!?! I dropped out...that's proposterous...I'm gonna kick my dream version's ass tonight...

Gyp Ryol
2 August 2004, 01:00 PM
Gosh, I'm really turning this slow reply time into a bad habit! You know how it is when you pull out a game you haven't played in a while, and you remember how much fun the game is, and then you can't stop playing it, much less think of anything else besides breathing? Yeah, found my copy of Jedi Outcast lying around and popped it in on a whim. As it turns out, that was a bad idea.

Unfortunately, I'm at work currently, so the only thing I can post is an excuse for not posting.

...wait...

Good, that made sense. Just double-checking.

School for me starts at the end of the month, so my online time will probably take a turn for the worse as I get my thinking brain back into gear. Hopefully I'll be a bit more diligent in the coming weeks so we get up a good head of steam before the U.S. education system socks me in the stomach.

blivengo
2 August 2004, 02:41 PM
...uh...school? Lame...trust me, if you stick around long enough they'll give you a degree just to leave...unless, of course, you're only talking about high school, then you have nothing to worry about...if your public school system is anything like mine here in the state that's almost last in everything (thank god for Mississippi) then you have nothing to worry about...I don't think I studied a day in my life until I hit good ol' WVU and never had lower than a 3.5 GPA...screwed me up 'cause I had horrible study habits, i.e. none, for college...but, what the hell, I got a degree and the crappy 9-5 so it's all good...

Man...I talk to much...

Jedi Outcast kicks ass.

Rostek
3 August 2004, 02:11 PM
The American dream blivengo ;)
That's okay Gyp I know all about re addiction to awsome games. It'll do that to you. :)

blivengo
3 August 2004, 03:53 PM
blivengo stands by his white picket fence, his wife and 2.5 kids in the house having milk and cookies, his dog by his side, and says, "American dream my ass..."

:D

Truth be told, I live in a small house with my fiance (don't feel like looking up how to make the accent mark, you all know the word), two cats, two dogs, and no fence whatsoever...and I actually don't hate my job like most people I know, so I consider myself lucky...but you better study Gyp, or I'll take the switch to your rear end...

KenobiJim
3 August 2004, 07:31 PM
My 2.5 kids are still at the factory and my house is still in my head somewhere. But I do enjoy my job too. I have no excuses since I have to pay attention to my computers and be on the internet all the time. Ah, there's nothing like getting paid for having fun!

red5_5
12 August 2004, 04:21 PM
Just checking to see if everybody is still here. I'm still here, and ready to get the game on the road.

:xwing:

Rostek
12 August 2004, 04:37 PM
As am I. I believe we're waiting on Navarra to post. I vote we give him another day, and then press on... but of course that's just me.

blivengo
12 August 2004, 05:18 PM
Present.

*the whole class snickers*

Did you guys ever do that? The teacher would call roll and everyone says "here" except the clever one (i.e. me) who says "present" or something of the like...

Rostek
12 August 2004, 05:38 PM
Only every other guy in my class. :snickers: ;)

BTW, Navarra , this is Swoop racing, not pod racing. My boy Bren wouldn't be caught dead at any wussy little pod race. B)

blivengo
12 August 2004, 05:41 PM
Well, I was very innovative back in the mid/late 80s, when you were just a diaper dandy...of course, Jim probably invented the gag...:D

Gyp Ryol
13 August 2004, 02:12 PM
Gyp gives his computer a good whack with a wiffle bat.

There, that's fixed it. Anyone else notice the little server crash yesterday? Well, that got me all flustered, so it was back to the misadventures of Kyle Katarn for me.

Originally posted by blivengo
Did you guys ever do that? The teacher would call roll and everyone says "here" except the clever one (i.e. me) who says "present" or something of the like...

I still do that! Unnecessarily loud, too. I'll get an update going tonight for everyone's enjoyment.

KenobiJim
13 August 2004, 06:14 PM
Oh yeah, that was me.

Gyp Ryol
22 August 2004, 11:15 AM
I have some unfortunate news. KenobiJim has elected to remove himself from the game due to issues he and I have discussed. Thanks for playing, KenobiJim. Don't worry, I'll take good care of Nerra. He'll remain in the game as an NPC until such time that I can remove him logically in the campaign.

Since the game is based on five players, would it be cool with everyone that I begin the process of getting a new player?

Rostek
22 August 2004, 11:18 AM
That's too bad...
Go ahead and find us a new player Gyp.

blivengo
22 August 2004, 12:22 PM
That's a shame...I really liked that little bouncy Twi'lek...I hope all is well Jimbo, we'll miss you...

red5_5
23 August 2004, 01:34 PM
Too bad. If the game needs five players, then sure, get us a new player.

Gyp Ryol
23 August 2004, 02:39 PM
Let's all give a big howdy to our new player, Howling Wookiee! He'll be catching up on everybody else's hijinks, so we can get the game rolling again by Wednesday or so.

Sadly, I trudge back to school tomorrow, so my online time will be shortened to late evening. Hopefully I can keep up the game pace, and I will try to get a GM post up no later than three days after the last player post. So, here's to juggling schedules!

red5_5
23 August 2004, 02:42 PM
Welcome Howling Wookiee! Glad to have you aboard. I go back to school next week, so looks like I'm in the same boat as you Gyp. :(

Rostek
23 August 2004, 03:12 PM
Welcome HW
On a familier note, I headed back to school today. :sigh:
Alas Alack, I guess. Still, I only have 6 classes (Senior baby!), so I've got time to post. :)

blivengo
23 August 2004, 03:50 PM
I'm done with school...FOREVER!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry to rub it in, but it's only been a year, so I'm still stoked...anyway, welcome Wook! I look forward to seeing how you and the Gypster handle inserting you into the action...

Howling Wookiee
24 August 2004, 05:33 AM
Thank you all for the greetings. I'm excited about starting up with you guys and can't wait to jump in. Like Gyp said, I need to do a "little" OOC catchup. I'll shoot Gyp a bg and character sheet hopefully by the end of the day. Again thanks for the welcome and see you guys in the boards.

The Wook

Howling Wookiee
31 August 2004, 03:22 PM
Where is everyone at? I've got everything Gyp needs and I've caught up. Just wondering where everyone went. Drop a line to let me know everyone is still here.

blivengo
31 August 2004, 03:29 PM
Mesa here...okeyday...

Gyp Ryol
31 August 2004, 05:21 PM
[GaaaaAaaaAAaaaaaAaaaaaAaaAAaaaah!]School![/GaaaaAaaaAAaaaaaAaaaaaAaaAAaaaah!]

No more delays! Update going up right now! I mean it!

blivengo
31 August 2004, 05:38 PM
LIES!

It was "now" fifteen minutes ago...c'mon school boy...:D

EDIT:

DAMMIT! You beat me by one minute...otherwise, it would have appeared as though I intimidated you into posting...

Gyp Ryol
31 August 2004, 05:46 PM
Now is relative. What may be now for me at this exact measured moment in time was now for the people in New York an hour ago. Is my now the same as there now, going by standard time measures? Or rather, is it more a general time period in which all life resides? After all, aren't we always told to live in the here and now? Does life really live anywhere but in the now?

In my case, my now was the beginning of the time period in which I wrote my update post. That now ended after I finished the post. I am now writing a response to blivengo's post. Am I still writing it now? Yes, for in order to actually write I would have had to write it in the now because it is impossible to write something in the future or past timeframe.

This is what happens when a man takes philosophy. His brain thinks about things he didn't really care about before.

Okay, sampler into the chaos of my mind's inner workings over. Get to posting!

blivengo
3 September 2004, 12:19 PM
Here's Gyp's brain: :D

Here's Gyp's brain on philosophy: :?

Gyp Ryol
11 September 2004, 05:07 AM
Perhaps I didn't quite make it obvious in the post, but I would like Tadia to take control of the situation in the emergency room. But I get the feeling things are severly slowing down for the game. I feel bad for Rostek and Howling Wookiee for that, since it's necessary to move the game forward in order to have their characters join the story. Can everyone give me a "Howdy-do" just to let me know who's alive?

blivengo
11 September 2004, 09:50 AM
Howdy-doh!

Rostek
11 September 2004, 01:58 PM
Can everyone give me a "Howdy-do" just to let me know who's alive?
Do I have to? It makes me sound ignorant.
:sigh: Very well.
"Howdy-do"

Howling Wookiee
13 September 2004, 11:35 AM
Howdy Ho!!

Navarra
17 September 2004, 05:26 PM
howdy howdy

blivengo
19 September 2004, 04:52 PM
Hmm...red's been MIA for a while now...there was a while back when technical issues were to blame, I wonder if that's the case now?

Gyp Ryol
19 September 2004, 05:13 PM
I don't know, but I going to give red a little more time before moving forward. Again, apologies to Wookiee and Rostek for the lack of movement.

UPDATE:
red5_5 has been on the HoloNet in the past five days. If you see this post, red, please please please post on the IC thread so we can get the game moving again.

blivengo
24 September 2004, 12:52 PM
Man...the IC thread has been bumped off the first page...bummer...I hope nothing's wrong with red...

red5_5
24 September 2004, 06:00 PM
I'm back! Sorry for the long absence everyone, I promise it won't happen again. I will have a post up tomorrow, I've been busy with school. Sorry again.

Gyp Ryol
25 September 2004, 09:32 AM
Man oh man, red! Is it good to see you! I think I was about to have another round of nightmares about this game. I'm really glad to have you back.

Okay, everybody. With red back, we can get the game moving again.

Rostek
25 September 2004, 11:35 AM
Good to see you're still alive red
Now we can get this (and the other three games we're both in :P ) back on track.

blivengo
2 October 2004, 12:33 PM
Hey Gyp, do I need to do a strength check to see if Bosshendo can carry the MD droid back? He's a little concerned about its speed (or lack there of)...but I'm not sure how much they weigh, or if it would even be a feasable option for him to pick it up...

Gyp Ryol
2 October 2004, 03:06 PM
Oh goodness. Well, as it's been said before, I'll be making all the die rolls so you guys can focus on the story. So, go ahead and describe your actions bliv, and we'll see what happens. If Bosshendo is feeling good and strong, go for it.

Plus, the concept is way too cinematic for me to dismiss out of hand. :D

blivengo
2 October 2004, 05:53 PM
If worse comes to worst, I can always take his arms and legs off, jam him in a some sort of netting sack, and wear him like a backpack...;)

Gyp Ryol
27 October 2004, 06:35 PM
I'm just waiting on Navarra to post before we move on.

Howling Wookiee, I'm sorry this is taking so long. I would have thought we'd be farther by now than we are. Drop me a line to let me know you're still with us.

Rostek
30 October 2004, 07:40 PM
Hooray! It would seem everyone's posted.
Let's see what you've got for us Gypster

red5_5
7 November 2004, 06:16 PM
Sorry for the lack of posting everyone, I'll have one up tomorrow.

Gyp Ryol
9 November 2004, 05:45 PM
Good to see you again. I was starting to get worried.

Oh, and on a side note, don't become too involved online. I didn't go online for a day, and I had TWENTY new messages to go through tonight. Ugh.

But...if makes me feel so good, deep down inside. Like a little hug. :)

Gyp Ryol
14 November 2004, 11:06 AM
Er, red5_5? Howling Wookiee? Navarra? Where's you at? I know red's about since the Rebel #! thread is up.

Oo! That means I can link it now. Joy.

red5_5
14 November 2004, 11:08 AM
Hey, I'm here and I'll have a post up soon here and in the Imperial thread. :)

Gyp Ryol
14 November 2004, 11:11 AM
Aha! Smoked 'em out! All that time I speant imagining myself out hunting in the bush really paid off. I'll have to try it with other skills, like sky diving!

blivengo
27 November 2004, 04:17 PM
I glazed over it the first few times I was reading Gyp's last IC post, but, as I'm trying to work up a little post of my own, I notice that you refer to our good buddy Rostek as Rostek instead of Bren in the post...it's like an RPG Easter Egg...:D

Gyp Ryol
28 November 2004, 09:39 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. My mind thought Bren and my hands typed Rostek. It'll be a sad day when I think Tadia and type red5_5. :(

In other news, I nearly ate myself sick on Thanksgiving. Woo-hoo! I hope everyone had a great Turkey Day. It's one of my favorite holidays, since I have a good excuse to eat like a pig in front of my family.

And remember: the inexonerable march of December holidays is nigh!

blivengo
28 November 2004, 09:46 AM
And remember: the inexonerable march of December holidays is nigh!
Uh...does that mean you expect us to get you presents?

Gyp Ryol
28 November 2004, 10:01 AM
Uh...does that mean you expect us to get you presents?

[british scoff]What? Me? Never said anything of the sort. No. Preposterous. I never said anything about presents for me. Not at all, no. Humph! The very idea.[/british scoff]

Gyp Ryol
28 November 2004, 10:01 AM
...though I wouldn't say no to a little gift-giving to the Bank of Gyp.

Gyp Ryol
8 December 2004, 01:30 PM
Okay, now I'm starting to get worried. It's been awhile since Rostek and blivengo posted, so where's everyone else at? Red? Navarra? Howling Wookiee? Drop us a line. It's starting to feel a little lonely here...

Rostek
8 December 2004, 01:39 PM
It's sooo cold, and I'm lonely :rolleyes:
I haven't seen Navarra in a few weeks, and red... well, perhaps you could just have ol' Master's friend say his piece, and hopefully, we'll get a response.

blivengo
14 December 2004, 06:29 PM
Hmm...

I believe Navarra's gone the way of The Great Ular in one of our many shared games brothers Gyp and Rostek...'tis a great shame indeed...and what of our Wookiee friend? Too busy fighting alongside Yoda in the Clone Wars to pay us a visit and drop a post...and then there's red...ah red...where the hell art thou red? Deny thy teachers and forget thy school work...

This post was pointless.

Gyp Ryol
14 December 2004, 06:31 PM
I would argue. The tone of voice in the post alone makes it highly enjoyable.

Well, seeing as it's basically you two guys posting now, bliv and Rostek, what do you guys want to do? I'm open to suggestions. I had a lot of high hopes for this game, but things don't seem to be panning out.

blivengo
14 December 2004, 06:39 PM
Don't get too discouraged...red will be back, and I think Howling Wook will too...but, in my opinion, we may have seen the last of Navarra...I say wait it out 'til after the business of the holidays...then we'll see if we need a redux...we're in a good spot in-game, though, for dropping and adding characters...after we actually get into the training portion it will be a bit more tedious if people don't work out...

Gyp Ryol
23 January 2005, 02:39 PM
Vacuum tubes sparkle and crackle with blue electricity. A large dynamo spins swiftly in the middle of a cobweb encrusted laboratory as small tendrils of pure elemental energy arcs out from the metal contraption. A figure, robed in a white lab coat and possessing wild wiry white hair, raises his arms in defiance of the laws of nature, screaming at the top of his lungs, "IT LIVES! IT LIVES!"

You can't beat the classics, can you? Hey everybody, red's back. Say hello.

Now that we're all pulling free of the gravitational field of the holidays and midterms (an unholy mix! A pox on both their houses!), now would be a good time to put this game back on track. If interest is high enough, I'll put out a warrent, er, want ad on the InfoNet for some more players. As we enter into the Jedi Academy portion of the story, it will be extremely easy to add new characters. What do y'all think of that?

Rostek
23 January 2005, 03:15 PM
I'd given us up for dead, and look ;)
Huzzah, huzzah, we shall return!!!

red5_5
23 January 2005, 03:16 PM
I'm ok with advertising for more players. And from now on I'll not have long absences.

red5_5 :skypilot:

blivengo
25 January 2005, 06:32 PM
To be honest, I don't care what you do as long as the game goes on because I really like Bosshendo, not to mention your GM style...and Rostek, red, and Navarra are okay too...I guess...:)

Gyp Ryol
27 January 2005, 04:43 PM
You can't hear it, but I'm cackling in glee. Hie thee hence to the InfoNet!

Gyp Ryol
13 February 2005, 09:43 AM
Behold, for my foray into the InfoNet has not been in vain! I hath procured two new players from yonder SotF. Look forward to a brand new IC post tomorrow that shall introduce 50% of this new acquisition!
For the glory of the Republic, this ship of state shall not sink!

I don't deserve to be this happy.

Rostek
13 February 2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Gyp Ryol
I don't deserve to be this happy. [/B]

You'll get no argument from me....

:P

Gyp Ryol
14 February 2005, 06:57 PM
Everybody, please welcome CaamasiJedi49 and Lucas Carr to the SotF team!

And go nuts on the IC thread. Let's get this monster going again. :D

CaamasiJedi49
15 February 2005, 09:46 AM
Hizah! I am now officially a part of the tribe...err group.

Caamasi Jedi49:plokoon:

Lucas Carr
16 February 2005, 11:12 AM
And so it begins...

For me anyway.

:plokoon: And yes, I'm playing a Kel Dor.

Lucas Carr
16 February 2005, 11:13 AM
And so it begins...

For me anyway.

:plokoon:

Gyp Ryol
20 February 2005, 10:41 AM
EXEMPTION: Lucas and Caamasi, you may ignore this message.

I am seriously hacked.

I stated, clearly, at the beginning of the game, that I would like to see people posting at least once every three days. It has now been 6 days since I put up the last GM post.

If you no longer wish to play in the game, please, tell me so I can find some new players. I have no problem with someone wanting to leave the game, just so long as you tell me of your intentions, rather than just leaving me here expecting a post from you at any minute.

At this point, I'm seriously considering just ending the game if player interest is really this low.

Tell me I'm wrong. Please. I don't want to see this game die. I have a lot of cool stuff planned out for you guys, and I don't want to see that go by the wayside. Is there something I'm doing as a GM that makes the game less enjoyable? Tell me so I can change it for the better, because the whole point of the game is to entertain you guys.

What is going on?

CaamasiJedi49
3 March 2005, 03:41 AM
Just so you know Rostek, I'm a Druek, not a Kel Dor. :plokoon:

Rostek
3 March 2005, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by CaamasiJedi49
Just so you know Rostek, I'm a Druek, not a Kel Dor. :plokoon:

Dammit! (will fix that in a moment)

Of course, in all fairness to me, you do

do that after your name usually- so I got corn-fused ;)

CaamasiJedi49
3 March 2005, 10:48 AM
No problem. I do that though because thats the closest I could ever get to a Caamasi. Whinners can't be winners so I take what I can get.

Gyp Ryol
8 March 2005, 05:59 AM
Ladies and gentlemen,

I'm sorry to say that I am going to put Scales of the Force on a hiatus. red5_5 and blivengo have disappeared, and the posting rate has suffered atrociously as a result. Hopefully things will improve and those two will return, but for right now there's nothing I can do to keep the game going.

-Gyp Ryol

CaamasiJedi49
8 March 2005, 07:56 AM
Son of a Monkey this stinks. But there is nothing we can do. See you guys on the holonet.

Gyp Ryol
9 May 2005, 09:05 AM
To those of you who may be still watching this thread,

I have gotten some feedback that there is an interest in renewing this game. If this is true for any of you still watching this thread, please respond to the post in the InfoNet that will appear shortly after I have posted this.

Thank you,

Gyp Ryol

Gyp Ryol
25 May 2005, 02:26 PM
Okay, it's only taken two weeks for me to get my act together, but I'm finally ready to start up the game. I'm terribly sorry for the delay, but since the end of the school year is coming up for me, I've been busy tying up all my lose ends.

In any case, please give me a post here so I know you all are still alive. I'll have a new IC post up in a few hours. Thanks again for your patience!

Lucas Carr
25 May 2005, 02:44 PM
I'm still alive and looking forward to this.

CaamasiJedi49
25 May 2005, 03:18 PM
Off RPG life support and glad to be back.

Caamasi Jedi49

Ronin
25 May 2005, 05:39 PM
Bueller....Bueller...Ronin...

HERE! :)

red5_5
25 May 2005, 07:00 PM
I'm here and ready to play. I'm a little busy too with the end of my senior year coming up. Five more days! :D

Luna-Wolf
25 May 2005, 07:06 PM
Here! Lock, stock, and ready to roll

skakid
26 May 2005, 06:05 AM
I'm here, but I've sent a PM to you Gyp and hope you get time to read it. I may have some problems posting this weekend for reasons I explained to you, but I'm really looking forward to the game.

Gyp Ryol
26 May 2005, 02:31 PM
Good to hear from all of you. I haven't read my PM's yet, but I'm sure there won't be a major problem, skakid.

And, uh, when I said a few hours above, it looks my definition of "few hours" should encompass something like 36 hours or so. Sorry about that. In any event, we still haven't heard from Rostek...hmmm...

Rostek
26 May 2005, 05:07 PM
Sorry, Gyp- was off on senior trip this week.
I left a message in RG2, but forgot about you :(
I'm still active now that I'm back B)

Gyp Ryol
6 June 2005, 10:33 AM
Intercharacter angst! Hooray! :D

Er, I mean, yes, quite, some very interesting dynamics forming up. red5_5 better post soon, because I wouldn't want to break up the party without hearing from him.

Gyp Ryol
7 June 2005, 11:08 PM
You guys sure know how to start things off with a bang! Shew! I like the characters that are forming up, and that will create some very enjoyable dynamics in the future.

And by the by, anyone seen red5_5 around? I was hoping he'd post before I had to intervene.

Ronin
8 June 2005, 06:32 AM
Hmmm...haven't seen Red for a while...

And I've gotta say well done Gyp, I think you stopped that before things got too out of hand...
I for one had half a mind to throw a punch...and the other half agreed. :D

skakid
8 June 2005, 08:14 AM
even my character the eternal pacifist was about to do something drastic like use an illusion of a master entering the room.

CaamasiJedi49
8 June 2005, 08:36 AM
But none of you guys acted. I tried to stop the problem from escalating, with unexpected results. I think it would have been wiser if you guys had stepped in before me. This is not how I wanted things to work out with my character.

Caamasi Jedi49

Ronin
8 June 2005, 08:39 AM
Sorry man.
When Kai turned away it was because I thought (and hoped) that it was ending.
Sadly it didn't and it all went to pants while I was at work, so I didn't get a chance to help you stop things.
Don't worry mate...try to see it as a character development...anyway, Kai really wants to chat with Kajj ASAP.

Gyp Ryol
8 June 2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks, Ronin. I felt things had gotten to the right level of tension to where the intervention needed to be done, otherwise someone was going to get seriously hurt (probably Wuf ;)). I remain intriguied to see what Wuf and Aleric say.

And, while I'm sure there's no need to say this, I trust that everyone here has the maturity to not let in-game character squabbles sour out-of-game relationships.

Lucas Carr
8 June 2005, 09:30 AM
I have no hard feelings for anyone in this group. And trust me when I say that I am nothing like Wuf. And I designed him to be nothing like the other Jedi I am playing right now.

And this is what I got...

CaamasiJedi49
8 June 2005, 09:51 AM
Likewise. I just consider this acting at its best.

Caamasi Jedi49

Luna-Wolf
8 June 2005, 12:05 PM
of course not, Aleric is based on me and since i read alotta warhammer 40k i decided to make him alittle racist (the whole destroy the xeno thing) but he doesn't allowe it to get in the way of what he needs or wants. i only get angry when people disrespect me, and then things get violent...but i don't hold grudges usually...

Gyp Ryol
13 June 2005, 07:18 AM
Okay, everyone managed to live through Episode I. Seeing as it was all exposition and setup, I would have been suprised if someone had died. 8o

Episode II will be starting up shortly. Any questions, comments, suggestions are welcome, of course. Look for the new thread soon!

Ronin
13 June 2005, 07:20 AM
Whoops....I posted a reply just after you posted the second update...before I'd had a chance to read the 2nd one...

Gyp Ryol
13 June 2005, 07:25 AM
No biggie. I'll just steal some of the text from the post and use it in the intro in the next Episode. Bwahahahahaha...ha...ha...ha? Oh, forget it.

skakid
13 June 2005, 07:39 AM
In my experience GM laughter often means the players need to gather large bottles of Asprin.

Lucas Carr
13 June 2005, 11:57 AM
I was planning to post a reply to the first one too as Wuf's reaction to it is important for his "growth". And unless you tell me otherwise, I'll post in there even though the thread is "finished".

Gyp Ryol
13 June 2005, 06:17 PM
I have little tiny goosbumps all over, Lucas. I'm so glad that you didn't strike out on all three of the Council members.

The beginning of Episode II is almost ready, so I'll be putting it up tomorrow morning (or so).

Lucas Carr
13 June 2005, 08:01 PM
Thank you. But it had less to do with me and more to do with what was right for Wuf. And this definitely felt like the right response for Wuf. And I might add that it wasn't preplanned.

His first step towards "redemption" came a little earlier than I had anticipated, but here it is nevertheless.

Gyp Ryol
16 June 2005, 08:02 AM
Okay, Epidode II is finally up! I apologize for the lateness, but I've been on the job safari for the past few days, and I've sadly negelected SotF as a result. My deepest condolonces.

Gyp Ryol
20 June 2005, 08:36 PM
I should have done this earlier, but I've been busy getting all of the groundwork for Episode II laid down, and after Master Darillion's display of verbosity, I need some number crunching to cool down.

So! Everyone gets 100 XP for completion of the episode and 100 XP for good roleplaying. Bren and Tadia get an additional 150 XP for being with the game since it's conception. Thanks for sticking with it. I can hardly believe I started this all a year ago. I feel old for some reason... :(

Needless to say, Episode I wasn't exactly a XP cash cow, but now with everyone introduced and initiated, we can start the real adventures!

[Insert GM cackle]

Lucas Carr
1 July 2005, 06:13 PM
I'll be gone for a week, but I'll hopefully have some access to the Internet in that time.

Ronin
10 July 2005, 06:33 PM
Happy Birthday Gyp!

(well, it's Monday here already anyway). :D

CaamasiJedi49
10 July 2005, 06:40 PM
Happy early birthday over here in teh US.

Caamasi Jedi49

Lucas Carr
10 July 2005, 08:03 PM
Happy Birthday!

(I guess I can't beat Japan in getting to Monday first) :D

red5_5
13 July 2005, 01:19 PM
I'm finally back! I'll get caught up and post ASAP. :)

Gyp Ryol
16 July 2005, 11:56 AM
New post! Sorry for the delay everyone, but my birthday generated enough happy feelings in RL that I managed to fight my HoloNet addiction for a bit there. Won't happen again, I promise. :P

Luna-Wolf
25 July 2005, 05:36 PM
posts to the rp have been exxcedingly slow....i get the feeling our rp is dying

CaamasiJedi49
25 July 2005, 07:09 PM
We survived through worse. Patience.

Caamasi Jedi49

Ronin
25 August 2005, 06:31 AM
Bueller....
Bueller...
Bueller?

(everyone busy for the summer I guess...?)

CaamasiJedi49
25 August 2005, 07:57 AM
Just waiting for everybody else.

Caamasi Jedi49

Luna-Wolf
25 August 2005, 08:24 AM
jesus tap-dancing christ...i thought this post was dead

Lucas Carr
25 August 2005, 09:33 AM
I was the second to last to post and I was waiting to post again.

Luna-Wolf
25 August 2005, 09:35 AM
so is gyp gonna start us off again? or is he to busy with ...*shudders* shackles of stone? damn them......

red5_5
16 October 2005, 10:43 AM
Is anybody here? Anyone heard from Gyp? I was really enjoying this game. :(

Luna-Wolf
16 October 2005, 11:20 AM
Jesus, that was the first post in what? Two...Three months? Im still here, sad and alone. I was enjoying the game too.

CaamasiJedi49
16 October 2005, 12:37 PM
Jeez, I almost forgot about this. I can't believe it jsut disappeared. It was a lot of fun.

Caamasi Jedi49

Ronin
16 October 2005, 04:16 PM
Still here.
Sadly there's no sign of the GM!

Lucas Carr
18 October 2005, 10:57 AM
I'm here too.

Gyp Ryol
20 October 2005, 03:53 PM
Okay, folks, listen. I would first like to apologize (yet again), deeply and whole-heartedly, for the turn that this game has taken down the dark alley of GM disappearance. This time, the game disappearing is my fault. Several huge, massive, ground-shaking changes have been made in my life, and they've commanded a serious portion of my time.

And what are these changes exactly? Well, I knew that this particular moment of my life would be coming for several months, so it's not fair to say I didn't expect for my activity to go by the wayside. So, in order to provide a good reason for my behavior, I'm going to be completely honest with you all, in a way I've never been in a public forum like this.

My name is David Mowry. I'm eighteen years old, and I used to live in Glen Ellyn, IL. This fall I started college at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, MN. But more important than that, I am a seminarian at St. John Vianney College Seminary, located on the campus of the university. I have started a long process of careful discernment as to whether I am called to be a Roman Catholic priest.

Since the seminary stress a life of limited possessions, I made the decision to leave my roleplaying materials back at my house in Illinois. Also, I do not have any of your character information (but this situation can be easily remedied). I simply dropped, cold turkey, all the online games I was in, which, in retrospect, was a very immature and cowardly thing to do. I didn't want to tell you all about what I wanted to do. I was scared.

I have recently began to slowly get back into some of the old games I was in, but will not be taking on the same load of games which I prided myself on in the past. If you all would be willing, I can continue Scales of the Force. My lack of roleplaying materials here would force me to ask you about a rule which I don't recall off the top of my head. But I can recall all the basics of the SW d20 system, so I'd be able to handle combat just fine.

Since I planned for SotF to be more of a character and interaction based game, it wouldn't be much of a change. It appears that at least five of you are still interested enough to post in the OOC thread, and that'd be plenty for me to work with.

I'll offer this warning however: Due to my schedule here at the seminary, I can only be counted on to post once a week, or possibly once every other week.

If no one would like to continue the game considering all the above facts, I completely understand. SotF started two years ago, based off a stray thought that popped into my head that I really liked. And now, it seems to have become a beast that refuses to die, depite the efforts of both fate, and indirectly, myself. The desicion is ultimately up to you all. Thank you.

Sadly Necesscary Disclaimer: Please, I do not wish for this to turn into a religious debate. I trust that everyone can abide to the code of conduct and stay away from such topics. If anyone wishes to speak to me regarding my choice to enter the seminary, please email me so we can talk in private.

Rostek
20 October 2005, 04:32 PM
Well, glad to see you're still alive :)

I'd be willing to keep going (especially at this more laid back post rate), so count me in.

Without discussing anything in particular- let me just say both congrats for getting into as fine a school as St. Thomas (I almost ended up going there! Oh, but if fate were different ;)), and good luck in making the choice. It's a tough one, I know- but I have every confidence that you'll make the best decision for every party involved :)
I don't think you've got anything to fear here on the Holonet about undue judgement- everyone I've encountered who've asked about my ("our", in this case ;)) religion, even those who are institutionally opposed to it, have been nothing but reasonable (As I am to them, of course).
That's the beauty of this community- we're accepting of others regardless of creed or politics (so long as those factors aren't unduly trumpeted to the detriment of others). In the words of Bobby McFerrin: Don't worry- be happy! :D

Good to see you again, man!

Ronin
20 October 2005, 05:40 PM
I'm still in.

Thanks for the honesty. My grandfather and five generations before him were priests. Good luck with your chosen path. :)

CaamasiJedi49
20 October 2005, 09:28 PM
Hey man, I'm in the same boat. I just started college this september for the first time, and its been hard to adjust. Im willing to go with the game. I did enjoy Kajj a lot.

Caamasi Jedi49

Lucas Carr
21 October 2005, 02:18 AM
I'm still in.

Good luck with your chosen path. I am a clergyman myself, though in another Christian church.

red5_5
23 October 2005, 09:41 AM
I still want to play! :)

Gyp Ryol
1 November 2005, 12:25 PM
I really appreciate the support, and I'm frankly suprised that the game still generates so much enthusiasm! I guess I must have been doing something right. All right! So we'll carry on with this the third (fourth?) rejuvenation of Scales of the Force. If everyone could please email or PM me the most current and updated form of their stats, I can get to posting on the IC thread by tonight if I have the time. Thanks again for being willing to give the game a shot.

Rostek
1 November 2005, 04:38 PM
Alright- PM'ed my stuff :)

CaamasiJedi49
1 November 2005, 05:13 PM
Done, pm'ed my stuff.

Caamasi Jedi49

Lucas Carr
2 November 2005, 07:31 AM
PM'ed character

Luna-Wolf
6 November 2005, 09:40 AM
yay, Scales is back with those fancy new flavor crystals in 1823406.5o986e84 colors!

red5_5
6 November 2005, 09:44 AM
Character PM'd! :) I'll have a post up later today.

Luna-Wolf
13 November 2005, 10:33 PM
~Sitting on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
I'm just sitting on the dock of the bay
Wasting time~

*smacks y'all* Post!