PDA

View Full Version : The THIRD collection of Star Wars Miniatures...

ij thompson
26 July 2004, 01:45 PM
Hello, folks!

We now know nearly all of the miniatures included in Wizards' Star Wars: Rebel Storm set, and we're well aware that Clone Strike's coming in November. As I look at the photos of these new minis, I agree they're all good choices, but I can't help regret the absence of the figures that, in my opinion, were left out.

Which brings me to the point of this poll! What would you, as a roleplayer, miniature wargamer, or collector, want Set #3 to concentrate on?

I'd guess we've got 'til January-March '05 to collect your responses, so leat's hear 'em! :)

P.S: I didn't include Starships in the list for a reason... we all want 'em, but they're just too much of a different critter to be judged against these others. ;)

Tossk
27 July 2004, 07:13 AM
I'd have to throw my vote for Aliens. You alway see the cantias filled to the brim with exotic creatures and what better way to lose an NPC or Villian in the crowd, than really do it with hordes of Alien minis?:D

Moridin
27 July 2004, 12:04 PM
I want something like the D&D expansion "Giants of Legend" with some Huge-sized miniatures. For example:

Rancor
Krayt Dragon
Acklay
AT-ST
Hailfire Droids

And so forth. How sweet would that be to have minis like that on the table?

Ghengis Ska
27 July 2004, 01:17 PM
Well third Set i think will be E3: Revenge of the Sith.
Becuase it is already in the planning stages. the 4th Set i would love to see would actuallty be either a Y. Vong set, b animals, creatures etc, or c Villian or other odd aliens.

Fingon
27 July 2004, 05:08 PM
I voted scum and villany. Always need generic bad guy figures. My second choice is aliens.

Codym
28 July 2004, 03:54 AM
Damn it, don't make me choose!

I'd want all of them, though at the moment Jedi Knights and generic villians would be high on my list, due to the campaign I'm currently running. However, I also really dispise the whole collectable aspect of the line, so I'd prefer the third wave to be set collections rather than a luck-of-the-draw deal.

Cyberwolf1971
28 July 2004, 11:20 AM
AFAIK the third set will deal with Episode 3. Which makes much sense from a marketing point of view... On second thought I think it may be possible to squeeze in another set before Episode 3 starts...

Let's see:
First set in September Rebel Storm

2-3 months later:

Second set in November Clone Strike

2-3 months later

Thirs set in February/March could be EU or Classic Trilogy (there are still many minis to be done :) )

2-3 months later:

Fourth set in May Episode IV

Somehow I doubt that they would start giving away minis to early (e.g.in March) and I doubt that they will let the item get cold...

Ghengis Ska
28 July 2004, 11:43 AM
Well it depends on if they follow the D&D method, orignaly yhr D&D sets were 4 a year, but espically now at 12.99 a booster that is to much money for me and four sets a year, so i think now in D&D they are doing 3 sets a year, and one every 4 months.much easier on the wallet.

Right now RS is comming out Sept 3, CS is comming out November. RS was suppossed to be out in August which would be almost 4 months later till CS, meaning they maybe doing 3 sets a year. I think RS got pushed back to "tie" with the DVD release.

If we go by a 4 month release of them, Marchish would be a SW realse. And from all appernet info the same factory is doing both the D&D and SW minis. So i don't think we will get any much earlier than March, Febuary at the Earliest but Death knell may be Febuary or January. While i would like as many minis as possible, more than 3 sets a year will kill my wallet, and i think they know that with SW collectors i don't think they will want to hurt the Action figure market by putting out more than 3 a year.

June Giants of Legend (D&D)
Sept RS
Oct Abberitions (D&D)
November CS
Jan ? Death knell (D&)

Cyberwolf1971
28 July 2004, 12:53 PM
You may have a point here Ghengis... I for one would be fine with 3 sets per year... that way my wallet can regenerate between releases :)

I do hope though, that the new game will do well enough to justify other sets beyond Episode III. I'd really like to see sets that deal with more "exotic" characters after the Big Names are all dealt with.

Ghengis Ska
28 July 2004, 01:26 PM
Yeah i could use the bankaccount relife of only three sets a year....

At a projected $208 a case, 832 or 624... i would rather just go with 624... that's for 1 case each of three sets, since i plan on picking up oh 2 cases a set it is a differnene of over $400 a year. I could really use that money for other things...

4 Sets might be cool... but it would be expensive

I also would like to say everything in the poll i want! just not all at once.

Moridin
28 July 2004, 08:39 PM
$208 a case? You can buy the D&D minis for $130 or $140 a case online. Where have you been shopping?

Ghengis Ska
28 July 2004, 09:04 PM
When they were 9.99 yeah you could get them for 159.84, and at my FLGS 127.84.

The SW and the new D&D are 12.99 a booster. at 16*12.99 = 207.84
the things went up almost 3 bucks a booster. None of the D&D have been at the new price.

yeah i'll be getting them for 166 with my discount, but they are going to be more expensive than the origan D&D minis.

Cyberwolf1971
28 July 2004, 11:42 PM
Ahh the joys of spending too much money for our hobbies :P

Fortunately I withstood the urge to buy magic cards, when they came out a long time ago... but this time it's different:

I always dreamt about Star Wars Style Army Men, when I was a kid (I am collecting SW stuff sice ESB came out)... and the new minis are the next best, no even better thing.

I have high hopes, that WotC will eventually start bringing out decent vehicles... speeder bikes, AT-PT etc...
As for the real biggies (Rancor, tanks, Hailfire droids...) I could imagine that they will bring them out as seperates (like Wizkids did).

Moridin
29 July 2004, 04:32 AM
Cyberwolf, have you not seen the latest D&D minis expansion, Giants of Legend? Each booster comes with one Huge miniature. I figure WotC would go with that model for SW, since they've already done so on their D&D line.

Ghengis Ska
29 July 2004, 05:59 AM
I just hope WotC learns from the Fiasco that Was GoL. While the Huge's were great minis, the selection / rarity level could have been handeled A LOT better.

With only 12 Huge in a set, and 12 figures in a case, and 20 other "normal" rare and out of those 12 Huge, 6 are "Uncommon" and 6 are Rare... there gets to be a point that you stat to get So many of the Uncommon that it just kills your desire to buy more. I had compleated Ever D&D mini set up till GoL... The price tag of close to $20 and getting 5 crappy Huge figures was just a killer for a lof of people.

The Huges were great figures but they couls have been done better. They were going to orignally do Huge + regular and just regular... i kind of whish they had, becuase then once you got all of your huges your could have bought some of the reuglaur packs to finish the set... but oh well.

As an interesting Note depending on what is Common in SW, an ATPT, ATST and a Rancor Huge... now those would be minis i would love to get 6 of...so maybe the D&D style is good, but you need the right minis...

Cyberwolf1971
29 July 2004, 06:18 AM
I'd go for a individual approach, when it comes to huge minis: IMHO it's better to pay a bit more for such a mini and getting exactly what I want.

While I do like the collectible aspect, I think WotC shouldn't overdo the trick. Every market can cave in, when the customer basis is annoyed.

Rare figures should be taken from the ranks of iconic characters (like Vader, Tarkin or Mace Windu)... not from the ranks of useful fieldable figures.
So far I think they have split the rarity okay... I come from the old school Star Wars Miniature Battles game (and I am going to use the old rules side by side with the new ones): Give me some troopers, some support weapons and a commanding officer and I am happy :)

BTW AT-PTs would be cool: I already have 6 WEG ones and they they form a great squad. The minis itself are good for WEG standards but are a bit undersized for my taste. A new version which is to scale would be appreciated.

Luger
29 July 2004, 10:12 AM
From a marketing perspective I think its got to be Revenge of the Sith. Although they may sneak in a set before then.

Ghengis Ska
30 July 2004, 08:31 AM
Over on the WotC forum a picture of IG-88 got posted by WotC_Rob

blivengo
31 July 2004, 07:45 PM
After seeing the pictures on rebelscum.com from the ComicCon, I'm really excited about these minis...I wasn't sure if I'd get into them when I first heard about them, but they look really well done...and, besides, I'm always up for something Star Wars to decorate my desk at work...I can have a legion of mini figures attack my Jar Jar cardboard standup...that'd be one for the history books...oh, anway, I voted for and EU set since the first set is basically original trilogy and the second set will be even more basically the prequals...it only seems fair to make the their set expanded universe characters...

Stratos
2 August 2004, 04:13 AM
Hey G_Ska... thanks for the info on Boosters/Case. Any idea how many Starters will be in a case? I need to start budgeting for those as well!

Also, I noticed in the latest Game Trade that D&D Minis Boosters have jumpes to $12.99/each. Looks like that'll balance the scales a bit.

Thanks!

- Stratos

ij thompson
2 August 2004, 06:57 AM
There are 16 Boosters in a case - how many Starters, I don't know myself.

I preordered my case through these guys (http://www.popularcollections.com/index.html)... their prices look pretty good! B)

Ghengis Ska
2 August 2004, 07:47 AM
I dug out my WotC Cataloges May-Aug 2004, and Sept - Dec 2004 to see the number of starters in a case and got actually a shock! (the reason i dug out both, is the S-D was different than the D&D ones). RS and CS are listed as having two difernet numbers in a case.

RebStor has listed 8 Starters per case, and 16 Boosters per case.
CloStr has listed 16 Starters per case and 32 boosters per case.

Don't know if the CS is a miss print or not, but that is what is listed in the WotC cat.

Also I would NOT order a starter case.
A Starter case will give you a Horrible selection of figures, 2-3 starter packs is okay if you want doubles of the other stuff, maps etc but..

Consider
there are only 10 figures in a starter case, 8 random (2 uncommon and 6 common) and 2 set figures, the Luke and Vader. You will get either 8 each of the Luke and Vader or (if the CS is right) 16 each of the Luke and vader, 16 Uncommon, and 48 Common. and 8 maps, rule books, etc etc etc for $160 dollars
so for 160 bucks you get
16 Uncommon
48 Common
and 2 rares (you actually get 16 rare category figures but they are all lthe same and the figures are unique meaning you can only use one in a band so you just "wasted" 14 figures).
And ZERO chance of a VR
so you get 66 usefull figures and 100 total, but 14 are exactly the same.

If you saved that 160 for 12 boosters then you get
12 Rare or Very Rare
24 Uncommon
48 Common
for the same price you could get 84 figures, yes a total of 16 less figures, but you don't have 14 doubles that EVERYbody who buys the game now will have, so limited in trade potential.And out of those 84 12 wil be either rare or VR.

You will get the same number of commons, either way, but get 8 less Uncommon, and ZERO very rare, and all the same Rare.

While i plan on getting 2 starters that's is most likley it doubles of the maps and tiles is nice but more than 3 times the tiles is i think just a waste becuase you lose out on so much stuff.

Ghengis Ska
6 August 2004, 01:04 PM
Found out a few dates yesterday

Ultimate missions: Rebel Storm - Nov 12

Clone Strike - Dec 3rd

Ultimate missions: Clone Strike - Feb (guessing the 11th)

blivengo
6 August 2004, 04:55 PM
What's the "Ultimate Missions?" A subset, or a campaign-book-like-thing? I guess I could look it up, but you'll probably give a better explanation anyway...

EDIT:
Okay, so I went to Mr. Up-beats' website about the miniatures and found out that I was right with my second guess about the Ultimate Missions (nice site by the way, very informative), but now my question is what's the difference between Starter Sets/Entry Packs and Booster Packs/Expansions Packs...

Ghengis Ska
6 August 2004, 08:00 PM
nothing really, just termonolgy

Starters are Entry packs, they are the ones with the rules, maps terrian cards etc.

Expansions packsbooster are just the minis none of the other frilly stuff.

Starter sets like CS and RS have booster packs.

the confusion can come in where there is an expansion a way to add figures to the line with no base starter.

Like say for Rebel Storm they did a Return of the Jedi set, which had lots of Jabba figures what ever, but no starter. It could technically be called an expansion of RS. becuse it adds to that set, and is only the boosters, with no new starter set, it expands on RS with just booster So typically boosters are called expansions becuse in sets that just produce boosters it is an expansion of the line.

blivengo
6 August 2004, 08:46 PM
Um...okay...so a Starter Set and an Entry Pack would contain the same things, and a Booster Pack and an Expansion Pack would contain the same things...right?

Another question:
I pre-ordered a case of boosters from the same site ij posted (best prices I could find by far after about an hour of searching instead of working)...but, through my searching, I found a few places selling boxes that only had 12 packs instead of 16...is this a smaller box of some kind, or are they misrepresenting what you're supposed to get?

Sorry this has veered off-topic...uh, go Expanded Universe collection!

Darth_Cassed
6 August 2004, 09:44 PM
I found another place selling the miniatures over here (http://www.gameoutfitter.com/Browse_dept_items.asp/categ_id/161/parent_ids/0,1,48/Name/Rebel_Storm_Starters) that doesn't seem so bad. Not sure how it compares to Thompson's site....

Ghengis Ska
6 August 2004, 10:47 PM
Don't honestly know.

I can think of a possible reason, they don't know what they are talking about. :D and have confused the new SW minis with the last set of the D&D minis. GoL had 12 in case, they may think that is the number.

do they list an SKU or anything?

blivengo
7 August 2004, 07:50 AM
I found that site you posted Darth_Cassed, but you have to order two cases to make it a better deal, and I don't want to go overboard...not yet anyway...plus, shipping is a lot more from that site...it is nice that they break it down per pack for you though...ij's posted site is $7.49ish (it doesn't work out to a round number) per pack with $9.95 shipping for ground...Darth's site lists the price-per-pack, but the shipping rates depend on how much you spend, so, since you have to spend more to get the lower rate per pack, you have to pay more for shipping so it cancels the savings out...sorry if it seems like I'm pitting the two peoples' posts against each other, it's nothing personal, I just already did the figuring so I thought I share it with anyone else who is thinking about pre-ordering...

And, about the 12-pack cases, I didn't try to seek them out again, but I don't think they listed a SKU...one of them was from eBay, I remember that, but, as for the others, I can't even remember what the sites they were posted on are called...but I guess it doesn't matter anyway as the link ij provided appears to be the best price...

Ghengis Ska
8 August 2004, 08:17 AM
There has been some real conflicting reports as to how many boosters, and or starters are in a case.

the number has ranged from 12, 16 to 32! It seems different publications have listed different numbers WotC has been notified of this and the WotC_Rob, the guy updating the Pictures thread over at the Wotc boards is checking into it. He said he would try to find out the correct number on Monday, and let people know.

In a realated note, we have seen 55 or so figures, by Gen con we will most likely see the all. But before Gen Con the are taking a vote for the last Rebel Strom Mini to put up. Then after (or around Gen Con) they will start doing Clone Strike figures.

Ghengis Ska
9 August 2004, 07:58 AM
Over on the Wizboards WotC rob just confirmed that it is 12 boosters per case, from now on with both D&D minis and SW. So it is 12 boosters per case. Adjust orders accordingly

blivengo
9 August 2004, 08:58 AM
Hmm...thanks for the info Ska...now this begs the question of whether or not Popular Collections is going to adjust their price for a case or leave it as is...I guess that goes for the other site as well...hmm...time to send some CS e-mails...

Ghengis Ska
9 August 2004, 09:28 AM
that may depend on the price. if it was $208 (not including discounts) they had better.
One thing i noticed when i did the math was the old cases were about $160, (10*16) and now are $156 (13*12). It seems they kept the case price the same, may have been the reason they went to 12 per case to keep that at about the same price.
i know the $52 cheaper case price will be easier on my wallet. we will be getting 24 figures in the VR/R level at 2 cases there should be about 20 to 24 at that level if they follow other patterns in the D&D mini line.

So there is a good chance 2 cases will still net you a whole set or close... it all depends on how many VR figures there are, and what section of the popultion of other minis they were drawn from. That will determine how close to a full set one gets.

blivengo
9 August 2004, 11:37 AM
Man, I'm starting to sound like a rep. for these guys, but popularcollections.com has the booster at $7.49 a pack, $119.99 a case (it's basically $7.49 x 16). I'm hoping that they'll knock it down to $89.99 since there are only going to be 12 now instead of 16...I might actually go ahead and get two if that's the case...I'm also going to have to keep an eye on the site Darth posted to see what the do (if anything) to compensate for the change...

Daran Brien
9 August 2004, 11:54 AM
Yeah, its already been released that the Third expansion will be Revenge of the Sith Characters.

other than that, I want to see EU characters make the cute, especially Katarn and Coran Horn

Ghengis Ska
9 August 2004, 11:59 AM
The only problem i see with Popularcollections is there information is very out of date. This are listing stuff from the Catalogue that shows 8 minis per booster, and the price as 9.99, the price isn't $10 anymore it is $13
The price they are listing it is now about 40% bellow the going price. I don't think they are correctly reflecting the product. The list the wrong amount in a booster.
There info for Abberitions is also wrong, they list it as 16 per case and $9.99.
You might want to check with them to see if they know the current info.

blivengo
9 August 2004, 12:10 PM
Man, you are on the ball...where are you getting yours from? Based on the most recent information, $99.00 on eBay looks to be the deal of the century...

Ghengis Ska
9 August 2004, 12:33 PM
I'm just going to buy through my FLGS.

Becasue i run some tourneys for other games there i get a 20% discount, and the people who play in those tournies get a 10% discount,
So we support the store and they support us. I tend to buy stuff by the case form them on cards and other things (D&D minis), some times it is split between all of us i; just order it to get the discount and then they payme back, but i am viewed as a good customer, and all of the other guys buy random odd stuff as well so it is all good.
so i'm going to be paying about $124 for the case, yeah i only save about $30 but it supports my local store, helps to keep it in business, they have a large lower floor for gaming so i want to keep the place open after the recent (5 in the last few years) stores that have closed in the area.

blivengo
9 August 2004, 12:41 PM
I agree whole-heartedly with supporting your local joint if it treats you well...I don't really have a relationship with mine because I'm really only into the Star Wars stuff and they don't do much in that area...so, to the Internet! I was stoked when I found this place, the HoloNet has been really great so far, and I've only been here a little over a month...but, back to business, I sent an e-mail to popularcollections CS laying down what you told me and asking when/if they were going to update their information...I haven't heard back yet, but I'll be sure to post my findings when I do...

Ghengis Ska
9 August 2004, 01:02 PM
I admit my info may be wrong, but i am going by the most up to date info i can and it has been supported from other sources.

All the info that has come out of WotC on there message boards by both cusotmers, people at the company, and convesations with the RP/War game guy at the FLGS points to $12.99 a booster for both D&D and SW. WotC_Rob just today said the thing about 12 boosters per case, there had been talk about it for a while that the number wasn't 16 but he confirmed it today.

There was a big flack about them raising the price of the D&D some time ago but it looks like it happened finally after GoL. It had been leaked earlier that SW was going to be the 13 and D&D people were laughing say stuff like man Lucas needs his cut, but that comes in on the one less Uncommon (i would say) per pack, and now all WotC minis are $12.

But honestly, from the few i have seen up close the quality on these is better than the D&D ones, and i haven't seen any of the rares or very rares. The D&D rares are usally the best painted, best designed and most intreciate. The Paint jobs on the commons i have seen in the SW are i would say as good as the paint jobs on some of the D&D rares. So for the SW minis $12 is worth it unless theey keep the quality of the D&D ones up i wil most likely severly limit my purchases of them, and just keep with SW. ( i mean i have enough D&D minis now from the sets to do most encounters so other than some odd ball ones i don't need a lot more)

and oddly the FLGS does not carry a wide selection of SW books, i just order all of mine when they are comming out, i tell the game guy, that hey i think on X a new SW book will be out can you order me one, and when it comes in i get it. I hope the minis game will generate the intrest in SW RPG that it did for D&D.

blivengo
10 August 2004, 12:23 PM
I saw those auctions you mention on your site on eBay, but steered clear of them since I hadn't yet heard of any promos aside from the Mon Cal Mercenary and the Elite Stormtrooper from GenCon...I was actually going to take a look at the WotC boards today too, but when I clicked on the provided link I got a message about the boards being down...figures, the one day I actually decide to do a little back reading, etc. and they're down...anyway, thanks for the constant updates Ska...man, as far as Star Wars fans go, September is going to be an awesome month...

EDIT: Instead of posting again, I'll just edit this...

I just went to popularcollections.com on a whim, and they have updated their information. Now boosters are $9.99 a pack, making the case (which is listed as having 12 packs) still $119.99. Game Outfitter (Darth's posted site) has yet to change their information.

Ghengis Ska
13 August 2004, 07:21 AM
Yesterday WotC_Rob put up the scout trooper on speeder bike, wow a nice shot, and the little peg it is standing on makes it look like it won't bend that easy...

So we have two mounted figures a Scout trooper and a Sandtrooper on a dewback

Where are the rebel riders!

There has to be a Hoth tropper on Tuantaun or Endor on speeder, or swoop i hope!

Mapmaker
13 August 2004, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't expect the post on the speeder bike to look exactly like it does in the photo Rob posted. You might be pleasantly surprised. :)

Ghengis Ska
13 August 2004, 10:57 AM
If you are teasing me with what i thiny you are teasing me with...

B) :D
I am thinking Clear post to look like it is hovering... I have to admit when i saw it i was a little disapointed, thinking if they can make D&D spiders and such that are stuck into the bases, multi part dragons etc and a clear lightsaber... why not make it really hover... maybe i am right...

Have a good day yesterday Mapmaker ?

Mapmaker
13 August 2004, 11:13 AM
Had a very good day. Thanks for asking. :)

blivengo
22 August 2004, 01:01 PM
Yo. Since this is where the discussion started, I'll go ahead and post that Game Outfitter has changed their Miniature information and is now selling the boosters for $7.95 each, $46.95 for half a case, $92.50 a case, $182.50 for two cases, $267.95 for three, and $348.95 for four. If you're going to compare with Popular Collections, they are now the more expensive site. One case will come out to just over $100 (with shipping) at Game Outfitter, where they're $129.95 a piece from Popular Collections...so, with under two weeks to go 'til release, that's probably how it will stay...go place your orders!

Mapmaker
24 August 2004, 11:30 AM
Now that people have seen the speeder bikes, I can confirm: the supporting stem is clear plastic. :)

Young Jedi
21 November 2004, 01:38 PM
I agree with all of the reasons about GoL for D&D, but large figures I would like to see are:

Rancor
Rancor with Force Witch rider
ATST
ATPT
Tattooine Sand Skiffs
Land Speeders: Larrs Family, Lukes, Flash, Gian.
Krayt Dragons
Trade Federation Battle Tanks (AAT)

Other combat vehicles like those seen in the Star Wars Battlefront Computer game.

I'd like to see some dedicated map sets: not just interiors like in Starships, Cities and Bunkers but open spaces, like Outposts, Endor Forest's, Hoth Ice Worlds etc.. How about one map depicting Jabbas Sail Barge on one edge, the Sarlec Pit in the middle and a couple of Skiffs on the other.

Other map items that would be usefull are low cover items depicted as movable counters.

I'd like to see hasbro re-release some of the earlier Action Fleet sets too. A good source for Star Wars miniatures props. (I can only dream)

I'd also would like to see more droids, Non Combatant Denizens, Sandtroopers, Dark Troopers, Imperial Pilots, Hoth troopers on Tauntauns, a rebel officer not wearing snow gear, Capt. Antillies. AtAT pilots.

What don't want to see are anymore unrealistic poses like the Riverdancing Vader, that figure is so embarassing and dissapointing I use the stat card with the other figure.

A couple of downloadable replacement cards for the botched up Strormtrooper ones, (gee that gets so confusing explaining that mistake when you do a swap with newbies)

Theres my two cents worth
:sabersml:

Ghengis Ska
21 November 2004, 08:26 PM
Er do you know that a Huge set is in the Works, Set 4, Universe Huge Pack.

and unfortunitly out of this list

Rancor
Rancor with Force Witch rider
ATST
ATPT
Tattooine Sand Skiffs
Land Speeders: Larrs Family, Lukes, Flash, Gian.
Krayt Dragons
Trade Federation Battle Tanks (AAT)

The Rancor, ATST, and the Skiffs and speeders are really the only Huge Figures.

The Krayt Dragon would be Collosal, and be about oh 1 foot long or so at least.
the ATT is Gargantuan, about 5 inchs, the Dartmorti Rancor tend to be Gargantuan as well. and the ATPT is large not huge, so it is somehting taht may show up already in a set.

This
"Other map items that would be usefull are low cover items depicted as movable counters." has been done kind of in Ultimate Missions.

Young Jedi
21 November 2004, 09:29 PM
Ghengis Ska,

Where do you get all this information from???

I'm just a newbie (more or less) and not into the SWRPG although I have some older Westend Games Source Books and am not upto speed on SW Universe details. But as for knowledge about future releases, I wouldn't have a clue where to start searching and what to believe, so many rumours about in the gaming industry and wouldn't know whos who in the gossip collumns. So where and who is the source???

As with the ATT I wouldn't have thought it would be that big. The old motorised Action Fleet toy was about 4-5" (I have 4, 3 still in packages) and I always thought it was a little too big (but it will suffice, with a bit of work) for the current scale of the game a 3" one would be perfect and would fit the box. As for creatures that are too large they can always be scaled down a bit..... umm its a younger one not fully grown yet but still just as nasty! But you are right, most are probably too large for commercial reality, hey its a wish list I guess so I'll continue to dream on. Rather than wish for stuff to be made my biggest concern is trying to get a Boba Fett and a Speederbike or two for some of the scenarios that have and are being released. Boosters are nearly non existant here in Australia, Hasbro Aus underestimated the potential demand a little and now there are none to buy.
:sabersml:

Ghengis Ska
22 November 2004, 06:02 AM
I got the information on the 4th set, and the third set from WotC. They already have a bit of prodcut info about it on their website.

People also send me info, becuase if you look at the link in my sig i have been since before the game came out, been collectiong info on the line even when it was just a rumored mention here on SWRPGNetwork.

As for the sizes on the various ships models etc, i have all of the d20 SWRPG books 9and actually about 90% of thw WEG) and since the Skirmisk game is bassed off of the d20 RPG (lossley) they like the D&D one follow much of thew size conventions. The d20 books give the size as one of the stats for just about everything they list. and you can even do simple conversions based off of OGL materaial that 1 inch = 2 m in the Skimirsh/RPG. So if yo go look at even just the ATT link on the Star Wars data bank http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/tfed_aat/index.html
where it says 9.75 meters long, since 1 inch = 2 m for the d20 RPG if you even round down to 9 or even 8 and make it smaller that is still about 4 inchs worth of item. Large is 2 inchs by 2 unch Huge is 3 x3, Garguntian is 4 x4 there is a nice little chart in the d20 books. And oddly the Stats for ATT in the Corerule book also say Gar.

while the Action fleet line of toys are a great source of things, they and actually all of Hasbro's toys (becuase Hasbro owns Galoob) are usually very out of scale. Look a the Falcon in any version the 3.75 inch is no where near the right scae for the action figures, it is closer to scale for the Minis than the action figures. Depending on the scale the Toys can be about the right size for things but it all depends on scale.

Young Jedi
22 November 2004, 11:24 AM
No worries Ghengis Ska I've taken it all on board, thanks for the reply.

northquester
25 November 2004, 06:28 AM
I would like to see some vehicles, we already have speeder bikes, lets gets some AT-STs, T-47 AirSpeeders, Skiffs and whatnot.