PDA

View Full Version : Deathstar is comming

MoDeUs
28 July 2004, 05:29 AM
Deathstar at saturn (http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/gs2.cgi?path=../multimedia/images/large-moons/images/PIA05423.jpg&type=image)
its defently looks like it!

cheshire
28 July 2004, 06:05 AM
Okay, that is way too funny. Especially the caption under the pic. So, what exactly is this a picture of?

Gyp Ryol
28 July 2004, 06:17 AM
It's actually one of the moons of Saturn. The space probe Cassini is taking pictures of Saturn and its moons. That particular moon has one big crater in it that happens to resemble the superlaser focusing lens from everybody's favorite Doomsday machine.

RemyLeBeau
28 July 2004, 07:13 AM
I love it!
But...
Did the Death Star have a pointy thing in the center or not?

:ds1:

JediJester
28 July 2004, 08:52 AM
It's Deathstar 3. That pointy thing is the new exhaust vent. If any fighters try to shoot a torpedo down it, they just fire up the superlaser :D.

RemyLeBeau
28 July 2004, 03:31 PM
Another question I have...

If the Rebels blew up the DS by firing a proton torpedo down the exhaust shaft;
the DeathStar does have shields, right? Wouldn't the torpedoes
(Not to mention the ships themselves) be destroyed by the DS's shields?

Hmmm...

BrianDavion
28 July 2004, 04:43 PM
the death stars thermal exaust port had ray sheilds but not particle sheilds.

linkstarwars
28 July 2004, 05:20 PM
That's "shields".;)

Darth Fierce
29 July 2004, 04:10 AM
In addition, the Empire had the impression that Death Star I was virtually invincible. That's why they were kind of shocked when the Rebel Alliance faced their starfighters against the DS I rather than pulling what capital ships the alliance had out to face the station. The Imperials for the most part thought that there was no way that a handful of starfighters could take down their "greatest creation," even with the limited amount of shielding.

After the Battle of Yavin, the Empire realized its error, and that's why Death Star II had a shield, projected from the Forest Moon of Endor, around the station.

Darth Fierce :vader:

Fingon
29 July 2004, 02:10 PM
Actually, that makes a lot of sense. Who would have the nerve to actually fight the monstrosity? (Fear will keep the systems in line; fear of this station).

And there are two of these threads.

KenobiJim
29 July 2004, 07:54 PM
JPL decided that in this case, they kept the Death Star's original name, Mimas.