PDA

View Full Version : OoC: Twin Noon

Vreel Kudarin
28 July 2004, 09:37 AM
This is the Out of Character thread for the Twin Noon Tatooine Campaign.

We can use this for queries/comments we can't fit in a short sentence at the end of our In Character posts, discussing what's happening in the In Character thread (as long as we don't get too 'metagame'!), posting up stats, talking about your characters and where you plan to go with them, informing the rest of us if you're going away on holiday or whatever, joking, idle chatter, and whatever else you can think of.

This makes the Trader's InfoNet thread 'Think You Can Survive in a Wretched Hive of Scum and Villiany?' redundant.

Gyp Ryol
29 July 2004, 06:01 AM
Yes! The first reply glory is mine! Muahahaha!

Oops, sorry. My evil supervillian alter ego gets out sometimes.

Rogue Janson
29 July 2004, 09:21 AM
Alter-ego clearly starting pretty small in the super-villainy stakes.

blivengo
29 July 2004, 09:40 AM
How to become an evil villian:

Step 1) Be the first to post in an out-of-character thread on a role playing forum.

Step 2) Secure some sort of weapon of mass destruction.

Step 3) Create plan for use of said weapon of mass destruction which you will later reveal to your nemesis just before he is lowered into a vat of something that will kill him.

Step 4) Get caught by nemesis after he miraculously escapes and foils your plan.

Step 5) Find a way to escape from prison, and return to Step 1.

Now...the question is this: Is this Gyp's first time through the steps?

Stay tuned, film at 11:00.

blivengo
3 August 2004, 04:05 PM
Since my last post in this thread (not to mention most of them in other threads) was stupid, I thought I'd add that this campaign is going quite well, three cheers...but why did only five people enter the apartments? Is someone missing on purpose, is it a type-o, did I miss something, or can I just not count?

Also, this bit from Rostek's last IC post is awesome:

Seeing the housing, Aves is surprised at the reletive quality. He had expected the apartments to be smaller, and danker, but quickly reminded himself that on a planet as dry as Tatooine, dank would be absurdly luxurious.

Rostek
3 August 2004, 04:20 PM
Also, this bit from Rostek's last IC post is awesome:
I try. I was thinking about that, and I thought to myself "Ya know... dank means wet... so if you're on Tatooine, chances are, dank is cool" B)

Vreel Kudarin
4 August 2004, 10:46 AM
Sorry, my mistake! I've just corrected it. Six sentients it is.

Vreel Kudarin
7 August 2004, 12:28 PM
Hi guys. Janson spotted it first, but has anyone else noticed the (perhaps intentional) gag near the start of blivengo's last post?

I will get a GM post up this weekend, it'll be Sunday night most likely, I've been very busy lately, thanks for your patience!

The Great Ular
8 August 2004, 08:29 PM
real quick. As Hurlsa is using Empathy.. how should I reflect that in my chars IC knowlege? Or does it automaticaly fail on pc's? Just dont want to make a false move since im new ti this site.

Rogue Janson
9 August 2004, 02:19 AM
If it were me I'd treat it as a 'skill used in regular situation', which means you get to decide how successful you are, since it doesn't really affect anything other than your character and PC interactions (which should be friendly). Though I don't want to speak for him, Chivers would probably rule the same.

Vreel Kudarin
9 August 2004, 11:05 AM
Yes I would, thanks Janson.

On a sidenote: I've been trying to find time to draw up a plan of no. 23, since your characters will most likely be living there, but for now you'll just have to imagine it as best you can.

blivengo
9 August 2004, 11:41 AM
Okay...so what was the gag? I couldn't find anything so I'm guessing I didn't do it on purpose...let me in on the secret...

Vreel Kudarin
9 August 2004, 11:46 AM
Think 'herbs' and 'dealers' :P

I thought it was brilliant :D

I tried to get my own in earlier in the tread with 'before Hursla could chirp in...'

blivengo
9 August 2004, 11:58 AM
Oh too right...I didn't even think about it in that particular context...must just be subliminal...is that spelled right? Oh well...hey, what room is everyone in now? Hopefully we're back in the room with the couch because I didn't intend for Woldun to get up from it, and I don't want him to be left out...:)

Rogue Janson
9 August 2004, 01:41 PM
This would be a result of me giving Chivers the idea that Woldun is a little bit schizophrenic because of his marijuwana habit. And Hursla needing good ventilation because he's 'drying' his herbs - a euphemism if ever I heard one.

blivengo
9 August 2004, 03:00 PM
Looking at it that way, the two of us shouldn't have any trouble making money...:)

Honestly, on that note, I was thinking of using my Herbalist profession to sell tonics of sorts...somewhat bitter drinks that "enhance the mind"...not highly addictive to Ithorians, often used in religious ceremonies (kinda like wine in most Christian religions)...but who knows about other species?

The Great Ular
9 August 2004, 08:11 PM
Two herbalists on a planet mostly devoid of flora.... :) Sounds good to me. If only we could get Quincy Carter we would have three.. By the way for those of you who are curious.. Spider Man is hurslas fav movie

Vreel Kudarin
11 August 2004, 10:10 AM
Everyone is back in the shared living area on the ground floor now, blivengo, where Woldun's new favourite perch is situated :)

blivengo
11 August 2004, 11:10 AM
ืืืืืin'.

EDIT:

Well, it appears that HoloNet has something against the proper term for female dog...so, instead, I'll say this:

Thanks. :)

blivengo
3 September 2004, 12:15 PM
Damn Vreel...what'd you put in those drinks...I think you've killed us all...:)

I was waiting for birdman to answer Woldun's proposed question before posting again, but I haven't even seen him online for weeks so I'm pressing on come Monday, with or without retort...

Vreel Kudarin
19 September 2004, 03:47 AM
I've finally worked out the starting credits for everyone (don't ask!).

Mik has 700 Imperial Credits.
Rayger starts with 650 credits.
Hursla begins with 550 credits.
Aves starts with 650 credits.
Woldun has 600 credits.
Gilad has a handful of credits (25) at present (if that's still the angle what you want, Gyp).

Normal rent incl. water will be 800 credits a week. The first week is only 520, however.

Gyp Ryol
20 September 2004, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I like the whole "Barter system econonmy" angle, as you can tell from my post. Can we determine how much Gilad has in spare parts, cause I know I can't use 'em for crafting unitl later, so I'd like to know for trading purposes.

Vreel Kudarin
22 September 2004, 10:03 AM
I'm going to say 500 credits worth, Gyp.

Oh yeah, quick query to Kanner: I didn't realise Rayger had a blaster pistol as well (or is it a hold-out?) I was just wondering where he got hold of his weapons. Did he haggle them from the Jawas who gave him a lift into Mos Eisley? I was thinking that he probably wouldn't carry much in the way of 'personal defence equipment' whilst test-piloting. You've probably told me before, if so, apologies! :P

Kanner Ra'an
22 September 2004, 11:03 AM
It is just the hold out blaster pistol on his equipment list. I think i said small or something in the post (I hope). All of them though he got off the bounty hunter i mentioned in my backround, Gassa Fey, that he managed to subdue.

Vreel Kudarin
23 September 2004, 09:36 AM
Of course, I knew you'd already explained it, sorry! I'll just brush up on the biographies, I think.

I hope everyone's enjoying Twin Noon so far. If there's ever anything you think I could improve, or things you want to see more of, suggestions, etc, please don't hesitate to mention them here or PM me.

On a side-note, I got my copy of the Trilogy delivered on the day of release, (with 40% off the price Janson will have to pay as he's too lazy to pre-order :D ) and have watched a bit of the extras DVD as well as skipped through Empire Strikes Back trying to spot the improvements. I was really impressed they've put the rank badges the right way around on Piet (spl?) and the other officer aboard the Executor at the end. However, I was less impressed they still haven't spotted that Luke's lightsabre makes a close-down sound as he runs from the wampa gave, yet the blade is still out :rolleyes:

I've seen a few of the other minor additions on the extras disc, one of which (in A New Hope) I think is really cool (but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet), but I've yet to watch the films properly yet. Maybe I should send a letter of congratulations on a good touch-up job, but request a further re-release with the wampa cave bit tidied up, LOL :P At least they didn't replace Mon Cal with Gungans or change Duros to Neimoidians in the cantina.

I forgot to check whether Han is still jacketless going into carbonite but has it back on when Leia rescues him...

Kanner Ra'an
23 September 2004, 11:04 AM
No problem Vreel.

And i got the DVD's too. I havn't watched them in a while, but after the Lord of the Rings, i've noticed how not great some of the grpahics are. Still its awsome to have them, i've only watched two so far but i'll get em all in soon enough.

blivengo
24 September 2004, 12:54 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if the heat didn't get to our feathered friend...

Vreel Kudarin
24 September 2004, 01:36 PM
Yeah. I've sent Ular a couple of PMs, but the message tracking says he hasn't logged in for a while. We could wait a bit; or Mik & co. could go up to talk to Woldun/head out to 'town', taking it that Hursla didn't hear them or isn't interested.

I'll try and give Ular a bit of time I think, it'll be good to keep everyone active. Aves is probably slightly ahead of everyone else in the timeline at the moment, so we could do with hearing from Gyp and Ular.

blivengo
29 September 2004, 10:43 AM
Sorry you had to post back-to-back Vreel...I should have had Woldun say something to the others...I was kinda going for a trance-like prayer state that they'd have to rouse me out of though...hate to be the one slowing down the action, sorry about that...

So, are you taking over the birdman for a while, or did you just want him not to be totally left out if we should get into something?

Vreel Kudarin
30 September 2004, 08:52 AM
No problem, blivengo. I am a little worried about Ular -message tracking says he hasn't been on the HoloNet for over a month. I thought it more than likely he'd want Hursla to be with the others, even if his character isn't the most outgoing type. Also, I'm keen on keeping things moving, so I just decided to follow through to the logical conclusion and get everyone back to the living room.

Yeah, I was expecting someone to pop in to answer your call. Janson has told me he meant to have Mik go in to see Woldun, but forgot about my post before last (I'm used to your bad memory by now, Janson). Anyway, Aves and Woldun have the attention of everyone now if they want to explain about the photo. I think I'll continue to play Hursla, keeping him in the background to try and avoid playing him against how Ular would want, until we hear from him again.

Gyp Ryol
30 September 2004, 05:16 PM
Hey, Vreel. Does Gilad know Yarden Regil? Seems like the kind of guy who would be kinda well known to locals.

Vreel Kudarin
1 October 2004, 09:15 AM
Unfortunately, the dice of fate say no, Gilad has not heard of Yarden.

Rostek
1 October 2004, 12:24 PM
So is Gilad the only one that notices the Jawas at all?
Just FYI, I think the "highly illegal" missions that were mentioned would be more our style ;) although a "day job" wouldn't be all that bad of a choice, as just alone, or in addition to the illegal ones.

Gyp Ryol
1 October 2004, 02:01 PM
Hey you! Watch those nasty and dirty thoughts, Rostek! I wouldn't want Gilad to catch them. :D

Rostek
1 October 2004, 02:29 PM
Hey you! Watch those nasty and dirty thoughts, Rostek!
;) Meh, I am what I am... Or rather, Aves is who Aves is. :D

Vreel Kudarin
2 October 2004, 02:37 AM
No, everyone notices the three Jawas, they're not being very subtle. Only Gilad can understand what they are saying though. :jawa: :jawa: :jawa:

blivengo
7 October 2004, 06:18 PM
So...that is Momaw Nadon, right? :ithorian:

Vreel Kudarin
8 October 2004, 09:59 AM
Yeah, it is old Nadon :ithorian: , blivengo.

I was going to have Woldun recognise him for sure if you got any closer, but it's fine to realise who he is now. Momaw is a fairly infamous face on the herdships of Ithor I imagine.

I'd just like to say at this point how much I'm enjoying all your posts, they've all been really great, and I think the characters are coming across very well.

blivengo
10 October 2004, 10:32 AM
Hey all, I put up a request for Woldun on SWAG, and here's how he turned out:

http://swagonline.net/pics/2594.jpg

Tao from these boards is the one who took it on and drew him.

Rogue Janson
10 October 2004, 12:39 PM
I think you missed the www. in the address.
http://www.swagonline.net/pics/2594.jpg
edit: or maybe not. Strange, it worked when I previewed it. The picture's here (http://www.swagonline.net/pics/2594.jpg) anyway.

Vreel Kudarin
10 October 2004, 01:29 PM
Well with that link Janson, I get a 403 Error with text along the lines of: 'Bad Jedi Master Nibs! Direct linking constitutes bandwidth theft, and we pay for our bandwidth, and we don't appreciate people stealing it'...

EDIT: Oh, wait, the picture has actually appeared in your post now - cool. The robe looks particularly nice.

Rostek
10 October 2004, 01:36 PM
:Smacks RJ across head with a FunGo bat: Bad! :rolleyes:
For those that want to see it, just go to SWAG and enter "Woldun" into the "Search" function.

Rogue Janson
10 October 2004, 02:55 PM
I think SWAG must have an erratic policy about remote linking - I checked that link to make sure it worked, and it did, but now it doesn't.

blivengo
10 October 2004, 03:21 PM
Yeah, none of the in-post image links work unless you right-click and then click "Show Picture"...weird...if you're interested, just do what Rostek said to do, that should work with no oddities...should...

Vreel Kudarin
26 October 2004, 09:00 AM
I''m just waiting on a post from blivengo before I continue. Woldun :ithorian: has a grumpy Rodian :rodian: bartender to deal with...

By the way, I've posted up a nice floorplan of Chalmun's cantina HERE (http://groups.msn.com/SWRPG/tatooinecampaign1.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=225) . The standoff between the Wookiee and the three Nikto is taking place just to the left of the bandstand. Aves, Mik, and Rayger had been sitting in the booth in the top right.

Hopefully I shall be able to get some more of these up (the priority is the map of Mos Eisley, since you now have a dataslate with one on in-game), including some of my own creation for no. 23 Meteor Street, Alos's cantina, and other locales. It's just finding the time!

blivengo
26 October 2004, 07:09 PM
Sorry I've been sort of MIA lately...I've been busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kickin' contest...I'm between jobs, so I'm trying to both tie up all my loose ends in one while working through paper work, etc. for the new one...sucks, but, in just one more week, I'll be making a lot more money...:D

Vreel Kudarin
1 November 2004, 10:11 AM
I've been overtaken by stuff to get done this weekend, guys, but I should have a post up for you very soon! Thanks for your patience.

I've had no replies from Ular, so it's looking very likely he won't be re-joining us, which is unfortunate. I'll continue trying to contact him, and GMing Hursla for a while. Following that, I may keep Hursla as a GM character, or engineer a convenient exit for our little feathered friend.

Kanner Ra'an
1 November 2004, 11:22 AM
or engineer a convenient exit for our little feathered friend.

hear that guys, turkey for dinner tonight.

Rostek
1 November 2004, 11:58 AM
hear that guys, turkey for dinner tonight.
Nah, Star PETA member Woldun is a nature Nazi, isn't that right b-man!

Vreel Kudarin
9 November 2004, 10:53 AM
Hello, guys. Just a note to tell you I've put some screenshots of Mos Eisley from 'Star Wars Battlefront' up on our site HERE (http://groups.msn.com/SWRPG/tatooinecampaign1.msnw?Page=1) .

I thought they might help when envisaging Tatooine and describing the look etc in posts, plus they look quite nice. Hopefully I'll be able to get some shots from the movies up soon too.

Gyp Ryol
9 November 2004, 05:24 PM
Darn it, Vreel! I demand resolution for Gilad! It's no fair to leave me hanging like this. Gilad so desperately needs a stable source of income. Alas, Jawas don't grasp the concept of "resonable estimate pricing." *sigh*

Vreel Kudarin
10 November 2004, 09:54 AM
I can't believe I forgot you, Gilad, sorry mate! :o

I typed that last post up on my computer upstairs, then brought in down on floppy disk to the internet PC downstairs, and then forgot my plan of adding in the bit about Gilad.

I shall just edit that into my last post this instant, my apologies :D

Vreel Kudarin
17 November 2004, 08:54 AM
Sorry for the delay in my latest post (which I should have up within the hour), the computer was playing up; then my parents got back from their jaunt to Kenya, so I've been busy watching what they filmed and listening to their tales. It allowed blivengo to get his post in though!

blivengo
17 November 2004, 05:49 PM
Right-o...I'm getting slow in my old age...I also somehow missed the fact that the others closed in on Hursla and myself...I'll catch up to that later this evening...I just wanted to apologize to the Gypster for glazing over his PC's greeting...my bad...

EDIT:
Upon further review of the play, the poster, blivengo, also did not notice a similar greeting from the character Mik. The ruling on the field is overturned; the result of the play is a loss of ten yards and loss of down.

Gyp Ryol
18 November 2004, 03:43 PM
Hey, no problem. I didn't even notice.

Vreel Kudarin
26 November 2004, 10:04 AM
WOW! Rostek and I posted at exactly the same time with our last IC posts! LOL. Well, sorry, I thought it was exciting enough to warrant this post :P

I didn't want a lag in gaming, so I jumped ahead to next morning, sorry if anyone was planning to look for more work or get into a barfight last night, etc...

Rostek
26 November 2004, 10:47 AM
Fantastic timing on my part, :rolleyes: and thus I fixed up the post to point out we have no money to spend... so we leave :D

Rostek
4 December 2004, 11:07 AM
Have a delightfully happy birthday Vreel!
Best wishes and all that :)

Kanner Ra'an
4 December 2004, 11:13 AM
Happy birthday Vreel. My best.

Vreel Kudarin
5 December 2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks guys!

Rogue Janson
5 December 2004, 03:22 PM
Mark: how did Rostek know it was my birthday?
Me: it says at the top of the forums... :rolleyes:

(silently thanks the holonet for helping him remember what day his friend's birthday is...)

Gyp Ryol
5 December 2004, 05:32 PM
Yeah, happy birthday, Vreel! Belated as it may be...

Vreel Kudarin
14 December 2004, 09:10 AM
Wow, I think that was the first birthday in ages that I didn't get any Star Wars-related presents.

Quick announcement to make. The Great Ular has been gone a couple of months now, I haven't 'heard' anything from him, so I don't think he's coming back. I'm keeping Hursla as an NPC, as I think he may be useful on occasions.

However, I had interest from a potential player, who has strong ideas for a new character, and really wants to join Twin Noon - which hopefully he'll be doing very soon. I'll leave his character a surprise for now. His name is xiphias. Everyone say hello.

Also wanted to say I enjoying the campaign, thanks for all your great posts, I'll continue to do my utmost to keep everything moving along swift and exciting - I have plenty of ideas up my sleeve...

I am in a few minutes finally going to draw up a floorplan (Honestly, for real. No, really really! At least of the ground floor) of number 23, and post it up so you can see the layout finally.

AND HERE IT IS: http://groups.msn.com/SWRPG/tatooinecampaign1.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=237

Rogue Janson
4 January 2005, 02:12 PM
Mik's surname is Daahn.

Dunda was my first idea for a surname, but I changed it before I finalised the character. I know Chivers wrote 'Dunda' when he introduced the maniac character, I think because he was reading a stat block that hadn't been updated, but I got him to correct it fairly quickly. I don't think I've made the mistake myself at all have I?

Rostek
4 January 2005, 06:11 PM
:rolleyes: LoL- I was too lazy to check, so I just went off of Vreel's post... I'll fix that right quick.

Rogue Janson
5 January 2005, 09:11 AM
Well play it safe and, like me, ignore everything he says from now on. That way things work much better.

Rostek
5 January 2005, 10:42 AM
play it safe and, like me, ignore everything he says from now on
Good call, and duly noted :D

Vreel Kudarin
6 January 2005, 09:30 AM
Right, where did I put the stats for those three-headed fire-breathing mutant krayt dragons of the Sith...?

Kanner Ra'an
6 January 2005, 11:40 AM
*Holds piece of paper up, trying to get a lighter to work*

Uh, i dunno..........

come on you stupid little..... light you piece of .......

Maybe in the bathroom.

Rogue Janson
6 January 2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Vreel Kudarin
Right, where did I put the stats for those three-headed fire-breathing mutant krayt dragons of the Sith...?
Bet you I get them into PotF before you can use them in TN. :D

Rostek
6 January 2005, 11:50 AM
Bet you I get them into PotF before you can use them in TN
Crap! Kanner and I get crisped either way (and in my first post period, too!).8o

Kanner Ra'an
6 January 2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Rostek

Crap! Kanner and I get crisped either way (and in my first post period, too!).8o

And you thought the players were gonna haze ya.

Rogue Janson
6 January 2005, 01:30 PM
*attempts to swiftly rewrite plot to explain appearance of mutant Sith krayt dragons.*

Vreel Kudarin
14 January 2005, 10:59 AM
xiphias may be joining us very soon with his droid character. At the moment I'm waiting on Gyp and blivengo for posts on what their characters will spend their time doing over the next day and a half before we can skip to the job.

I'm really enjoying Twin Noon at the moment, thanks for all the great posts, people! And things are hopefully about to get a whole lot more interesting...

I'd like to know a few things, like how many credits your characters usually carry around with them, and where they keep their money. Also, whether Gilad and :ithorian: Woldun will be joining the others on the 'antiques' collection job for Mr Libb, or whether they will be pursuing other activities that day. Oh, and how Aves, Rayger, and :maul: Mik intend to split their 1000 credits reward!

P.S. Sorry about Darth Maul, Janson, but it's the only Zabrak they have!

Gyp Ryol
14 January 2005, 11:10 AM
Well, I believe no one has really told Gilad about the transport job, so at the moment, the kid doesn't really have much interest in it. And most of Gilad's possessions would be in his cart if he has to "cart" them around. (yuk yuk yuk).

And did you say droid character? Goody goody. Gilad's gonna be one happy scavenger.

Vreel Kudarin
15 January 2005, 01:18 AM
You can assume Rayger, Aves, and Mik will be talking about the job, so Gilad and Woldun will know about it. Janson has told me Mik would definitely let Gilad and Woldun know about it, in case they wanted to help out.

Rostek
15 January 2005, 09:48 AM
...And we will of course be splitting the cash evenly.
And Aves will emphisize the boring nature of the job. Not that he doens't like Gilad and Woldun... but really alien aliens will attract undue attention.
(I'll edit that into my IC)

Kanner Ra'an
15 January 2005, 10:16 AM
Rayger just keeps quiet about it. He doesn't want more hands in the pocket, but at the same time he doesn't want anyone mad at him so he'll shut up and hope no-one notices.

blivengo
15 January 2005, 07:26 PM
Guess who's back...back again...blivengo...tell a friend...

Anyway, hope everyone's holiday season was splendid and all that, and I apologize for my extended absence...life has a way of muddying up things...good stuff since I've been gone though, it's been fun to read through...I just wanted to drop a line to let you all know I've not yet met the maker, and I'll have an IC post up tomorrow, hopefully early...I'd do it now, but I worked about 10 hours today and don't think my brain's up to it...so, sorry, and Woldun will be in touch...

Rostek
15 January 2005, 07:44 PM
Slacker ;)
Good to see your back, man

Gyp Ryol
16 January 2005, 06:55 AM
Yes! The Trifecta of the HoloNet is back! Let the domination begin!

Vreel Kudarin
16 January 2005, 08:07 AM
Kanner asked about safes or lockups at number 23, and I forgot to say that yeah, each of your rooms has a small swing-door, digital number lock safe built at waist level into a wall, suitable for storing credits and other small valuables.

Gyp Ryol
16 January 2005, 08:27 AM
And that's in addition to Gilad's mystery locker of stank, right?

Vreel Kudarin
19 January 2005, 10:09 AM
Yeah, that's another bonus, Gyp :D

I kept having power cuts due to a dodgy iron last night, so I kept losing PotF posts, and updates to my space-slug-size post (sorry about the length of that, guys!). And then the HoloNet was down. But now I can update my last GM post with a bit about Woldun's day, and a delivery for Aves... So blivengo, and Rostek: be sure to re-check the super-star-destroyer post in a bit for extra goodies...

Woldun's part is about halfway through the post, and the extra bit concerning Aves is near the start of the section at Friendly Frexl's Used Speeder Lot.

I'm just waiting on hearing if Gilad and Woldun will be joining the straight-forward collection and delivery job...

Vreel Kudarin
22 January 2005, 02:10 AM
I've posted up a map of your route to the pickup point beyond the dunes OVER HERE (http://groups.msn.com/SWRPG/tatooinecampaign1.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=238). I should have stats and a deckplan of the speeder ready for you very soon, along with my next Twin Noon post. More images of Tatooine and its denizens will soon be joining those already in the album with that map. Enjoy!

Legend:
94 = Docking Bay 94
PS = Police Station (& Imperial blockhouse)
DD = Deeko's Dive (bar)
DQ = Dowager Queen (wreck)
BB = The Blue Bantha (cocktail bar)
AC = Alos's cantina
CC = Chalmun's cantina
JT = Jabba's townhouse
23 = 23 Meteor Street (Marr'sha's property)
FF = Friendly Frexl's Used Speeders
D = Docking Bay

blivengo
25 January 2005, 06:28 PM
I'm kidda feeling that Gilad and I are absent from the mission, but just wanted to double-check before I launch into a side story...

EDIT:
Holy crap! Don't look now, but Rostek's legal!...uh...I mean, uh, happy 18th Birthday...go buy some porn and cigarettes...

Rostek
25 January 2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by blivengo
Holy crap! Don't look now, but Rostek's legal!...uh...I mean, uh, happy 18th Birthday...go buy some porn and cigarettes...
So I am :D
No on the porno, I'm afraid (mother would impale me on a stake- Good Catholic household, after all ;)), and no on the cigs, since I've got asthma :rolleyes:
Still, I imagine I'll end up with a case of Guinness when I turn 21 (wet dorms :)). So I guess I get the last laugh.

Vreel Kudarin
26 January 2005, 12:11 PM
Happy birthday, Rostek!

I've been waiting to hear from you, blivengo, on whether you wanted Woldun in or not. For now I've written Woldun and Gilad in the back of the speeder with Mik, but if you want to do something else that's fine, I can edit my posts.

Same goes for you and Gilad, Gyp.

EDIT: Completely mixed up the names originally, LOL. :o

Gyp Ryol
27 January 2005, 05:12 PM
I was wondering about that. I wasn't aware that Gilad had teleportation abilities...

Happy birthday, Rostek. Here's to a Catholic upbringing!

Kanner Ra'an
28 January 2005, 08:50 AM
Happy birthday man. And dont worry, im an athiest so i'll do double those unholy things this week for both of us :D

Vreel Kudarin
9 February 2005, 09:58 AM
Rostek has already discovered this, for his datapad plan he is currently showing the group through the open window into the cargo compartment of the speeder (see his latest In Character post for Aves's doodle...) Where are all you guys?

But HERE (http://groups.msn.com/SWRPG/tatooinecampaign1.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=241) is the updated map of north-eastern Mos Eisley, showing the route you have taken so far in the job for Mr Libb, and the route originally planned out on the datapad.

Vreel Kudarin
15 February 2005, 03:23 AM
Sorry for the delay on my part, I've had a busy few days visiting ape rescue centres and cannibal museums; but I should have a GM post up tonight or tomorrow! Thanks for your patience!

Rogue Janson
16 February 2005, 11:41 AM
It's amazing how many apes manage to get themselves into tight spots around here. Only last week I saw an orang-utan stuck down a large hole.

Vreel Kudarin
18 March 2005, 09:24 AM
Ho ho ho, Tim :)

I'd just like to say congratulations to Kanner on the first kill of the campaign! Remember, as Janson will tell you, It's 10,000 kills for Jedi Knight, and 1 million to attain the status of Jedi Master...

LOL :D

Kanner Ra'an
19 March 2005, 07:57 AM
hehehe! Me likey big guns!:D

Gyp Ryol
19 March 2005, 04:24 PM
Who doesn't?

Besides Alderaan, I mean...

Vreel Kudarin
6 April 2005, 04:37 AM
Sorry I haven't got a post up yet, everyone. I'll have one up tonight... Unless there's a communications disruption or something. :) I'll try and find time to do another map showing your progress across Mos Eisley too.

I've been a bit busy with one thing and another, including our dog's Kennel Club Bronze Award test, and setting up a viquarium for the fire-bellied newts my girlfriend & I are getting. They're going to be named after pirates, in case anyone was interested.

Rostek
6 April 2005, 07:21 AM
Dude... you have the oddest hobbies known to man :P

Vreel Kudarin
25 April 2005, 04:40 AM
I've noticed posts have been slowing lately. I don't think we've had any for Mik, Woldun and Gilad for a while. I'll try PMing or e-mailing you as well, but I'm just checking if you're all still okay with commitment to this campaign. Just let me know if you're having any difficulties posting regularly or anything. I do realise not all characters have had many opportunities recently, so you may have been stuck for things to post In-Character. Hopefully hear from you soon!

Gyp Ryol
26 April 2005, 12:11 PM
My high school just finished our last theatre production of the year (in which I performed) and since that ate up a lot of time, I have been unable to post a lot lately. I apologize for the inconvenience, and now that I have nothing but time now, Gilad shall return in triumphant...naivete. Huzzah!

Vreel Kudarin
28 April 2005, 08:54 AM
That's cool, Gyp. What was the play and who did you perform?

The limits of my acting abilities were the messenger with news of the approaching assassins in a classroom production of Macbeth (at least I remember it as being Macbeth), an impromptu strange old man polishing gravestones (at night) in an English Language presentation on archaic grammar, and an impromptu Christian fundamentalist in a nihilistic rage in a social studies group cooperation experiment thing. Oh, and a pirate on a talk show in a play about social groups. Had the full costume for that.

Kanner Ra'an
29 April 2005, 03:56 AM
You guys should be at my school. My best friend is preforming in Grease. He cant sing, cant dance, and looks hilarious in the three pounds of makeup they make him wear, but the overall preformance is pretty good. As for, i press the on switch on the music thing. I get to wear a headset! :rolleyes:

Rostek
29 April 2005, 06:58 AM
I once did Polonius and the Gravedigger in Hamlet for my Junior English class, and am currently doing a reading of King Lear (as Lear) for my Developmental Psycology class (one of my uni classes).
Back in 4th grade I did Huck Finn in Tom Sawyer as well as a couple others before the state cut our theatre arts program (as well as any Talented and Gifted programs :().

Gyp Ryol
30 April 2005, 06:44 AM
Well, the show was "I Remember Mama," a show not to many people have heard of. It's about a immigrant Norwegian family living in San Francisco in 1910, and chronicles a few important moments in their lives. I played Mr. Hyde, an Englishman who was the family's boarder. Mr. Hyde skips town at the start of Act 2 since he's been kiting checks all over the neighborhood and someone finally found out.

I've been a bunch of other shows at my school too, like "The Wiz," "A Midsummer Night's Dream," and "Ten Little Indians."

Vreel Kudarin
12 May 2005, 09:08 AM
Between us we could probably put on our own production, LOL.

The In Character thread is waiting for posts, guys, unless some of you want to call it a day due to outside commitments/loss of interest etc. I know Janson's been busy lately in the run-up to his uni exams.

Vreel Kudarin
28 May 2005, 03:47 AM
I just wanted to say that was an excellent IC post for Woldun, blivengo, I really enjoyed reading it.

I'm seeing Episode III tonight for the first time, and hopefully tomorrow too! I can only trust in the Force that what I hear is true, and it is better than the other two prequels.

Okay, so Episode I wasn't that bad. But it did have midichlorians. And so does RotS...

In the word of Anakin Skywalker: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Gyp Ryol
20 June 2005, 08:44 PM
Bibbity, bobbity, BUMP!

Hey! Where are all my sun-crazed friends at? I go out for sunscreen and come back to find everyone gone. What am I going to do with 24 metric tons of sunscreen?

In retrospect, I suppose 22 metric tons would have been plenty, but those last 2 tons seemed necessary at the time.

Vreel Kudarin
6 July 2005, 10:46 AM
Hello, everyone. My deepest apologies I haven't posted in ages. I've been somehow swept off my feet in the past weeks, for all sorts of reasons. Including trying to write my novel to earn some decent money, meeting up with friends who are back from university, amongst other things. After much consideration, I'm afraid I'll have to call an end to Twin Noon. The main reason for this is that I do not think I can provide an enjoyable enough, consistent RPGing experience online, with my limited free time and the constraints of the medium (delays in posts, the lack of immediacy, etc). I have enjoyed what we did get done on that frontier desert world, and am fascinated to know what Woldun was up to with that paste. I'd like to thank you all for your great characters and posts, and I'm sorry I'm having to stop the campaign, if it annoys anyone. Enjoy the summer, and may the Force be with you! :sabersml:

Might catch you around on the HoloNet.

Kanner Ra'an
6 July 2005, 07:18 PM
Sorry to hear that man. This is really a dissapointment, but i can completely understand where your coming from. If you ever get the desire to pick this one up though, please drop me a line.

Rostek
7 July 2005, 01:25 PM
Well, that's unfortunate. Still- if you are ever wanting to start up again, I'm still game.
Stay cool, Vreel :)