PDA

View Full Version : Possible Spoiler: At Least Three New Worlds in Episode III???

Darth Fierce
7 August 2004, 08:17 PM
Hello, all! I was just browsing the official Star Wars website tonight, and as I went through the databank I might have discovered three of the rumored "new worlds" that will be seen in Episode III. As we all either know or can guess, we'll likely see Coruscant, Tatooine, Alderaan, Kashyyyk, Dagobah, and possibly Naboo...with some yet-unnamed lava planet, but the worlds in the databank that I got the distinct impression that we might see in Episode III that are not mentioned above include:

1. Corellia
2. Dantooine

and

3. Kessel

Maybe I'm stretching regarding the possibility of these worlds showing up in Episode III, but each of them fell under the category of "movie" worlds. Then again, they might have fallen under that category simply because they have ties to the original trilogy...

What do you all think, and have you heard possibilities for other worlds that might be in the movie?

Darth Fierce :vader:

BrianDavion
7 August 2004, 11:14 PM
kessel and dantooine ARE movie worlds in that they've been mentioned in the movie, corellia seems possiable though

thetophus
8 August 2004, 12:33 AM
It's already been confirmed that Kashyyyk is one of the new worlds (Yoda apparently helps the Wookies fight the Confederates), and I'm pretty sure Kessel is the infamous lava planet. It makes the most sense to me, since it's been mentioned as being a world featured in Ep. III. It would be cool to see Corelia or Alderaan, too, but I think Dantooine is the third of the new worlds.

Darth Fierce
8 August 2004, 05:15 AM
Well, I guess my title for this thread is a little misleading. I already knew that Kashyyyk (and possibly Alderaan) is/are going to be in Episode III. That's why I was suggesting three worlds that I hadn't previously heard any information on regarding the chances of them being in Episode III (Corellia, Dantooine, and Kessel)...thus being "new" possibilities.

Sorry for the confusion, and let the discussion continue....

Rostek
8 August 2004, 09:36 AM
Actually, according to IGN, the lava world is called "Mustafar", and is, in fact, covered in lava.

Jeskan
8 August 2004, 10:02 AM
At TFN's Just the Facts section I'm pretty sure that I saw that they weren't going to have Dant and they might have also said no Corellia and no ALderaan as well, but I'm not sure. Also, Kessel is not a lava planet, its a barren wasteland. A dead rock.

Darth Fierce
8 August 2004, 11:20 AM
Okay, just looked at TFN's Just the Facts section, and it appears that unless things turn around Corellia and Dantooine are likely not going to be in Episode III, although there's not been anything said regarding Kessel.

TFN does say that chances are that many of the worlds seen in Episode III will be completely new to the saga. There's also the chance that we might see up to eleven worlds in Episode III, making it by far the most ambitious of all the Star Wars films when it comes to creating new settings.

BrianDavion
8 August 2004, 12:23 PM
Alderran proably WILL be featured? why, because it will give more impact to the original trilogy

CaamasiJedi49
8 August 2004, 02:45 PM
I don't see Dantooine as a possiblilty since it wouldn't have much significance to teh story, unless there is some major batte going there. The same goes for Kessel and Corellia. While I would love to see both worlds, neither of them probably would have importance within the story. But, I could be wrong. Guess we will have to wait. Later.

Caamasi Jedi49:plokoon:

Fingon
8 August 2004, 05:10 PM
Correlia and Dantoine make sense to me (Same as Alderaan). I don't see how they would incorporate Kessel really.

wolverine
9 August 2004, 02:54 AM
I can see Dantoine, as that is where the rebel base was before Yavin. I can see correlia, as that is where several of the KEY players in the formation of the rebellion come from. Kessel on the otherhand, IMO has no key tie-ins.

guaeko
9 August 2004, 05:36 AM
I had thought that this would be up to the formation of the Rebellion, not during it, so Dantooine wouldn't be a Rebel base yet (IMO). Kessel was a brief reference by Han Solo when bragging about his speed (another thing I don't get: under 12 parsecs? Parsecs are distance...) Corellia would be cool to finally see, but again, I don't think its really important.

Fingon
9 August 2004, 02:06 PM
(another thing I don't get: under 12 parsecs? Parsecs are distance...)

Solo used to do spice runs for Jabba. These runs took him near Kessel and by the Maw, a huge Black Hole cluster. The last time he made that run, he was being chesed by an Imperial Patrol, and flew so recklessly near the Maw that he shaved distance off of the run.

hisham
9 August 2004, 06:40 PM
Are you talking about EU planets in RotS? Cause if you're talking about original planets then I've heard these two names thrown about here and there:

Utapau

Mustafar

Darth Fierce
10 August 2004, 04:11 AM
Yes, but I believe Utapau eventually became Naboo (or Utapau was the original name for Theed City...it's all very complicated). Then again, that doesn't mean we couldn't see a new planet named Utapau in Episode III.

Jeskan
10 August 2004, 08:17 AM
Alderaan was just confirmed as being in the movie. So far we have:
Kashyyyk
Alderaan
Coruscant
lavaplanet (possibly Mustafu)
and several more open spots.

Rostek
10 August 2004, 07:58 PM
Don't forget Tatooine. :sigh: I'm beginning to hate that planet...

Technically speaking of course, Alderaan isn't a new world, as we saw if for probably a good 45 seconds between initial look, in-viewport shots in the DS, and while it went 'boom'. Of course all of us already knew that, and you'll have no arguement from me that it will be good to see a non-imminently doomed version of the planet in Ep.III
Can't wait for Kashyyyk though, the buzz is the scenes will be sweetness itself.