PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Our Most Desperate Hour

johnnyputrid
10 August 2004, 03:01 PM
Welcome to the Out-of-Character thread for Our Most Desperate Hour, set in the New Jedi Order era. The events in the game take place shortly after the Fall of Fondor and the reactivation of Centerpoint Station.

A few things before we start:

1. This is my first go at GMing for a PbP group. I'm used to really close friends and cold beers at the gaming table, so bear with me if things work differently than you are used to.

2. Feel free to post however you choose. It's your adventure more than it is mine, and the group's actions will dictate the story arc. I'm just providing the backdrop, the scenery, and the enemy reactions, you guys get to do the rest.

3. I run NPCs very realistically. Vong warriors will try to kill you, civilians will flee in hysteria, and your allies may choose to heroically dive for cover.

4. This is role-playing, with an emphasis on the "role" part. The only dice rolling will be for major combat encounters (i.e., each player is squaring off with a tough opponent) or certain critical skill checks. Minor combat encounters will require no dice, but your tougher battles will, mostly because I enjoy doing things the old-fashioned way, with dice, to provide that "randomness" that makes RPGs so much fun.

5. My dice rolling style will be very reminiscent of the KotOR video game. Here's and example:
(Yuuzhan Vong Warrior attacks Frank the Jedi: roll 8 + BAB 6 + Weapon Focus 1 + Str mod 3 = 18 vs. Defense 22. Attack Failure!)
or
(Frank the Jedi attacks Yuuzhan Vong Warrior: roll 13 + BAB 4 + Weapon Finesse 3 + Battlemind 2 + Str mod 1 = 23 vs Defense 14. Success! Frank the Jedi damages Yuuzhan Vong Warrior for 19 VP)

Note that this kind of thing will only occur with tough (i.e. "boss") type NPCs. Your regular run of the mill Vong troops will get be dispatched according to your desciptions of your attacks. Sometimes you'll kick butt, other times you might take a beating, but only these "boss" types will have a chance of killing you. If we left every combat encounter to dice rolls, this thing might end really quickly.;)

6. There are no "rules" per se. If you want to do something I hadn't planned for, well that just sucks for me. I'll have to try and figure out something else, which is where my improv skills will come in handy. Be advised though, there are certain plot points which would really only work best a certain way. I'll try to make these as obvious and linear as possible, but don't that stop you from having fun. Sometimes ruining the GMs carefully built scenario is just too much to resist.

7. Post as often as you can, but try to allow everyone to get their say in. I know real life can sometimes get in the way, so let me know if you are going to be absent for a bit, or whatever.

OK, enough of that crap. This is the place to discuss whatever you want. Talk smack about me or each other, I don't care. Read a good book? Tell us about it. Blew up your girlfriend's car with a box of popsicle sticks and a can of Cheese Whiz? Cool. Tell me how to do that.

The In-Character thread will go up tomorrow (the 11th), as I've got to work a late shift tonight, and I will probably be dead tired when I get off.

blivengo
10 August 2004, 04:13 PM
Hu, hu...hu...you said "get off"...ah...they shouldn't re-run Beavis and Butthead on M2...see what it makes me do?

So, Anakin's already dropped the ball by letting Jason talk him out of using Centerpoint, huh? Hmm...I was really pissed at Anakin for that...grow a sack and shoot the damn thing!

Anyway, Crone is ready, let the hunt begin...

Rostek
10 August 2004, 05:22 PM
I love the smell of burning yorik coral in the morning... heeeeerrrrrrrrree's Cubber. For a JC he's pretty enthusiastic about killing YV... But then, they are real jerks. :D

Gyp Ryol
11 August 2004, 07:09 AM
The skilled and ever intelligent Drash is ready to enlighten everyone with his superior technical knowledge.

Wheeeee! Ego!

johnnyputrid
11 August 2004, 04:55 PM
OK folks, just waiting for guaeko to check in. Once he does, we're off.

guaeko
11 August 2004, 06:00 PM
Yup, I'm here, and getting the Cheez Whiz and popsicle sticks ready!

blivengo
11 August 2004, 06:05 PM
Don't you come anywhere near my car with that cheese food bomb...you'll ruin the "My other vehicle is an X-Wing Fighter" bumper sticker...

Hey Johnny, I'm not sure if you still peek in on the original thread you started for this, but Luger just replied tonight...just a heads up that you might want to work another character into your write-up mayhaps...pero yo no se...

johnnyputrid
11 August 2004, 07:18 PM
Looks like we have a 5th wheel, uh, I mean player.:)

Let's welcome Luger to the fray. Since I won't get his character until tomorrow, I'll hold off the IC thread another day.

Rostek
11 August 2004, 07:29 PM
BTW jp will we be getting to kill those cursed Peace Brigaders, 'cause if anything, I'm more spiteful towards them than the YV (at least the scarheads don't know better).
Pretty please :D

johnnyputrid
11 August 2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Rostek
BTW jp will we be getting to kill those cursed Peace Brigaders, 'cause if anything, I'm more spiteful towards them than the YV (at least the scarheads don't know better).
Pretty please :D

It's really no spoiler or surprise, so YES! It would be pretty lame of me to have a NJO campaign without the Peace Brigade. I have an event planned that involves some Peace Brigaders, though I doubt that you guys will honor the "peace" portion of their group's name.:D

Rostek
11 August 2004, 07:49 PM
I have an event planned that involves some Peace Brigaders, though I doubt that you guys will honor the "peace" portion of their group's name.
The irony makes it even more fun. B)

johnnyputrid
12 August 2004, 06:03 PM
Update time.

A new target..,, um, I mean, player has volunteered for the forthcoming chaos I shall issue forth. Um, yeah. Something like that.

Here's the new and improved line-up:

guaeko as B2K3, super battle droid soldier
blivengo as Crone Roquin, Chagrian big game hunter
Gyp Ryol as Drash, Farghul scoundrel
Rostek as Cubber Byng, human Jedi Consular
red5_5 as Karei Edo, human Jedi Guardian

If Luger delivers on his promised character we'll have two 3-being recon teams with which to slaughter the Vong. What more could you ask for?

blivengo
12 August 2004, 06:44 PM
A box of the galaxy's finest cigarras, and all the Chagarian Ale I can drink...

red5_5
12 August 2004, 06:52 PM
Hey there everybody! Can't wait to slaughter some Vong, Karei Edo reporting for duty!

:sabersml:

johnnyputrid
12 August 2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by blivengo
A box of the galaxy's finest cigarras, and all the Chagarian Ale I can drink...

Too easy. Just stop by the Supply Sergeant's office. He's a Toydarian, he'll getta you whatever you need. Just remember, mind tricks donta work on him, only money. No money, no cigarras, no beer.:D

Luger
13 August 2004, 10:42 AM
Vaidoo a Rodian Scout/Soldier was just PMed to Johnny.

Is it time for me to Hide :)

johnnyputrid
14 August 2004, 09:05 AM
Let's welcome Luger as Vaidoo, the Rodian scout into the fray. Everybody give him a good welcoming smack in the head. I'll start. (smacks Luger in the head).:D

The IC thread is now up folks, so feel free to make your introductions.

Also note that as you gain a new ally NPC, their stats will be made available at the bottom of the post. This may or may not affect the story, but it's something I've been doing for years now, making the player's aware of their new comrades. Enemy "boss" NPC stats will be revealed only when appropriate, such as when the group defeats or kills said enemy. This only occurs for major NPCs. Its my way of allowing everybody to do the "take names" portion of kicking butt.

Rostek
14 August 2004, 09:46 AM
:smack:

Yeah! I like to do the taking names thing too. It really adds flavor.

red5_5
14 August 2004, 09:58 AM
Welcome Luger! (Smacks on head)

Well, I've got Karei's intro done and posted in the IC thread. Let the Vong slaughter begin!!!! :)

blivengo
14 August 2004, 10:12 AM
*picks up a board*

No, that won't do...

*picks up a metal pipe*

Hmm...not quite...

*picks up a metal folding chair*

Perfect!

*Smacks Luger across the face*

WELCOME!

Luger
14 August 2004, 11:48 AM
I need some advil :)

blivengo
14 August 2004, 12:00 PM
I need some advil

HA! I bet...

Anyway, I didn't do a very good job of describing my character in my opening, so I'll just post his description here:

Crone Roquin is a Chagrian of average height and build. He has very light, almost white, pale blue skin and contrastingly bright blue eyes. He wears a many-pocketed, nearly-black green jumpsuit; a well-tanned, leather bandolier that crosses under a long-strapped vibroscythe sheath with a side pouch that rests on his right-hand side; mid-calf, equally well-tanned leather boots; and, over everything, a patchwork cloak and cowl made from several sections of various animal hides hes had sewn together to create one garment. He generally wears the cowl up to conceal his jagged, broken head horns. His only other accessory is a silver necklace he had made to display the small Krayt pearl he harvested from a kill.

johnnyputrid
14 August 2004, 01:24 PM
Sounds like we're off to good start, just need two more to check in.

Garqi's climate is temperate, mostly plains and ocean with a bunch of forests dotted throughout the landscape. Terrain will come into play, but consider the climate to be mild for the duration. Weather won't be a factor here. More will be described as we near launch.

I have a big bottle of gin to work on now, so I'll check in later after a consultation with ol' Doctor Bombay.

(for those of you not in the know, Bombay Sapphire is the finest, and bluest, gin money can buy. Nothing says "drunk" like 94 proof.:D)

Luger
14 August 2004, 05:23 PM
Quick question. What source book has Bounty Hunter and Officer in it? I don't see them in RCR or Hero's book.

Rostek
14 August 2004, 05:29 PM
They're both in the RCR. Back in the book, by the Archtypes and Professional Classes. Check the index.

guaeko
15 August 2004, 11:54 AM
Not sure if it was on purpose or not, but my post was deleted describing my character. Unless its my browser or something. Anyway, if it was on purpose just tell me what to change.

johnnyputrid
15 August 2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by guaeko
Not sure if it was on purpose or not, but my post was deleted describing my character. Unless its my browser or something. Anyway, if it was on purpose just tell me what to change.

Must have been your browser or some other type of glitch. I don't think anyone but moderators or admins can delete other people's posts. I certainly wouldn't do such a thing, even if I was able to. I think we're all looking forward to hearing from B2K3. I know I am.:)

guaeko
15 August 2004, 01:08 PM
Ok, I'm up now. Hopefully.

And I'm going to try my hardest not to say "Danger, Will Robinson!" at every opportunity, but it's going to be a challenge.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. :Kaythree pulls his arm out of its socket and beats Luger over the head with it repeatedly.: "Welcome!!!!"

Gyp Ryol
15 August 2004, 01:16 PM
I'm going to pass on the violent hazing everyone seems to be giving Loogie.

Rostek
15 August 2004, 01:39 PM
Wuss :P

red5_5
15 August 2004, 02:32 PM
Looks like Luger is really taking a beating. Here's some advil for your head. ;)

The group has come together and they sound tuff. I wouldn't want to be a Vong in their path!

blivengo
15 August 2004, 06:22 PM
Hey Johnny, I like the added NRI backstory...I'll work it into my bio either this evening or tomorrow and send it to you so you can update...bravo...

Oh, and I second Rostek...*hits Luger with the chair again to make up for Gyp's chickening out*

johnnyputrid
15 August 2004, 07:43 PM
Hey Johnny, I like the added NRI backstory...I'll work it into my bio either this evening or tomorrow and send it to you so you can update...bravo...

Thanks. That was all added at the last minute, but it sounded cool. I hope everybody else likes it.

While we're waiting on the others, when you picture the Major, think of a guy who looks like a battle-hardened Denzel Washington, but sounds and acts like Lee Marvin from "The Dirty Dozen". That movie pretty much inspired this whole idea in the first place.

Sergeant Roviri is kind of Watto-like, without the facial hair and busted up face. He's actually pretty well-muscled for a winged glob of hot air. He sounds like Pacino, just slightly less Italian sounding.

guaeko
16 August 2004, 12:41 PM
Not bad for last minute. I liked it. I have a recommendation though. How about, instead of Denzel Washington, the Major looks like Gilligan?

johnnyputrid
16 August 2004, 12:51 PM
Not bad for last minute. I liked it. I have a recommendation though. How about, instead of Denzel Washington, the Major looks like Gilligan?

No. Absolutely, unequivocally no. The Skipper maybe. The Professor, I could deal with that. :D

Luger
16 August 2004, 12:56 PM
Gotta love the Dirty Dozen. Savales is great :)

johnnyputrid
17 August 2004, 03:33 PM
Things are looking great folks. Is everybody enjoying this quiet before the storm so far? I hope so.

Got some more info to put out. This is a new concept for me, but I wanna try it anyway. Instead of actual XP, I have a list of objectives that the team must accomplish in order to gain experience. I won't divulge too much on this, but suffice it to say that each time the group meets one of these goals, a footnote will be added in, letting everybody what objective has been accomplished. Each PC has a couple of "personal" goals they must accomplish as well, but those are going to be less overt.

For instance, B2K3 might encounter a particularly tough enemy who singles him out because of his droid status. Defeating that particular enemy might be a personal goal, and therefore some extra "virtual" XP will be awarded. Another PC may end up helping another PC out of a tight jam, and may end up getting a bonus as well. Once a certain number of objectives have been completed, each PC will level up. Note that there are going to be some "side" objectives as well. If you happen to chance across one of those and successfully complete it (as a team of course), that just means you guys will level up faster. It won't be as simple as, say the KotOR videogame, where you clear an area of enemies, then gain a level, but it will most likely be quicker than your standard gaming session, where you may only pick up a few hundred XP. In other words, it's up to you how fast you level up, but don't expect to be 12th level by the time this thing wraps up. I'm thinking more along the lines of possibly getting to 7th, maybe 8th at the most.

And of course the stronger the PCs get, the tougher the enemies get as well. If it all works out, this will help offset the faster level-up pace. Let me know what you all think of this idea, and any feedback would be helpful as well.

blivengo
17 August 2004, 04:34 PM
Well Johnny, seeing as how I'm quite new to all this, it sounds like a bonzer idea to me...I especially like the "personal goals" idea...adds more weight to in-game decisions, you know, aside from possibly dying...

Now, here's a question for the lot of you:
When you create a character, do you write up a personality for him/her before hand, or just wait and see what happens? I've been writing one up before hand, but seem not to stick to it when the game situation hits...just curious...

Rostek
17 August 2004, 05:04 PM
I like to get a rough idea before hand, but I go with the flow... You try to stick with it, but you have to adapt and grow as a Character. The description might have been accurate a while ago... but there could be a good reason for a character's behavior (nerves, etc.).

johnnyputrid
18 August 2004, 04:15 PM
While we're waiting for B2K3 to make his way down to the armory, I've got a question for you guys.

I've been working on a project for some time, and I've recently bogged down. It's a d20 SW supplement, with background info, PrCs, feats, weapons, etc., but I may have gotten in over my head. There's so much stuff I want to incorporate into it, but I'm running out of steam here. If anyone's interested in collaborating with me, let me know by PM or e-mail. It will involve plenty of writing, hunting down some artwork, and designing new feats, weapons, mechanics, archetypes, and the like. I was hoping to submit this thing the Online Journal, but it's been strangely quiet over there lately. I still want to do this thing however, so who wants to help out?

blivengo
18 August 2004, 04:22 PM
"Uh, deck C...that does not compute...uh...you're under arrest..." :btldroid:

Anyway, I'd love to give you hand Johnny...shoot me an e-mail with my orders and I'll fulfill them to the best of my limited abilities...

guaeko
18 August 2004, 05:07 PM
Sorry about that, I thought I put Kaythree going down at the end of my last message. I'll post it now though.

Luger
18 August 2004, 05:50 PM
FYI my wife and I expect our second baby some time this week. In the event you do not hear from me you know where I am. Feel free to push forwar din my absence ( should only be a day or 2 when it happens).

blivengo
18 August 2004, 06:17 PM
Hey congratulations! *hands Luger a cigarra with "It's a...baby!" written on it*

If it'll only be a few days, we'll wait on ya...or at least I will...

Oh, and guaeko, I hate to be a stick in the mud (actually, I must not since I'm going to say something) but I think the Major's long gone by the time Kaythree gets around to returning salute...methinks you've got one hell of a time delay malfunction in your programming...;)...now, to show I'm not a complete ass (I said complete...I know I'm at least part ass) I'll complement your grammar: way to not use "filters!" Most people would have based their verb off of "group" instead of "rest" as you correctly did...hoo-ray for grammar!

johnnyputrid
18 August 2004, 07:22 PM
Congrats Luger! I think we can manage to wait a couple of days. Either that or we'll figure out some way to keep going without you missing anything. Let us know if its a bouncing baby boy or girl, and make sure to pass out some cigars.

Gyp Ryol
19 August 2004, 05:44 AM
Yeah, congratulations, Luger! Best wishes for your growing family!

Luger
22 August 2004, 05:56 PM
It's a boy should be able to check the boards on Tuesday :)

blivengo
22 August 2004, 07:53 PM
WOOO HOOO! Name it Bryan! Best name ever!

johnnyputrid
23 August 2004, 11:44 PM
Congrats! So you've now got a small caliber Luger, huh? :D

Sorry about not posting for a day or two on the IC thread. I've actually had more work to do trying to get out of the Army than I ever did since I've been in. Or so it seems lately. 10 good years of service and people want to harp on me for getting out. I try to tell them, I didn't really like the 1st 10 years too much, so why bother with another 10? Bah, they never listen. Anyway, I should have another IC post up soon.

By the way, anybody catch the X-Games highlights? I rarely watch TV, so I just saw the skateboard best trick last night while I was on duty. Sandro Dias landing the 9 was freaking amazing. I used to be really into vert skating and my best trick was a measley 360 Indy. One rotation. I can barely imagine being 10 feet above the coping and spinning 2 and 1/2 times, and actually landing with all teeth and body parts intact. Sick.

guaeko
2 September 2004, 05:51 PM
Hey, wait. We aren't gonna have to fight Puff, are we JohnnyP?

johnnyputrid
2 September 2004, 07:20 PM
Hey, wait. We aren't gonna have to fight Puff, are we JohnnyP?

I'd forgotten all about Puff, the Greater Krayt Dragon! Um...no. You wouldn't survive. Hell, The Emperor wouldn't survive. But if you really want, we can arrange an OOC battle with old Puff himself. It should be over in about three or four posts.:P

But I do want to get this thing rolling along. The next couple of days should see a (hopefully) dramatic increase in posting, at least on my part. I'm eager to throw you all into the fray and see what kind of mad fighting skillz you folks have.

Rostek
2 September 2004, 07:29 PM
'Cubber ignites his saber at the beast coming out of the shadows, he raises his blade, and before the walker-sized lightsaber blade incinerates him, he manages to speak: Holy Mother of Crap!!!"

johnnyputrid
16 September 2004, 06:09 PM
Hello? (knocks on flat-screen monitor) Anybody there?

Two new IC posts are up. Hopefully everybody is still hanging in there.

blivengo
16 September 2004, 06:14 PM
I'm with you bro...your tag at the end of your last IC post said you'd have another in a few days, so I thought we were to wait...maybe I'm dumb...well, I am dumb, but maybe I was wrong...anyway, looking forward to posting either later tonight or during the day instead of working tomorrow...oh, by the way, clever way to sneak in that you have a flat-screen monitor...

Gyp Ryol
20 September 2004, 06:14 PM
Hey, johnny, thanks for the stats update. I really appreciate it. Makes life easier for me.

johnnyputrid
21 September 2004, 03:11 PM
No problem Gyp. I sent everybody an updated block, as a hint about upcoming combat. Red 5_5 checked in with me, but so far no word from Luger or guaeko. If I don't hear from those two in a few days, their PCs may either meet untimely deaths, or someone will have to step up and handle additional characters. I know from personal experience that roleplaying multiple PCs can suck, and nobody wants their characters to die just because they can't make it to the session regularly. I'd rather find another option than killing them off if that ends up being the case. Any advice on how to handle this would be welcome, since I'm more used to live RPG sessions. Hopefully those two will post soon and render all my worries mute.

And I sure don't want to see this game fold just before the fun really begins. There's been a lot of in-game conversation, which has been great so far, but no real action. Trust me folks, that is about to change. Soon you will welcome the opportunity to just sit and talk. I want to get this thing moving along, because I'm going on vaction mid-October, and I won't be able to post on a daily basis during those two weeks. I plan on cramming in as much action as possible in the next month.

Rostek
21 September 2004, 03:16 PM
I've seen guaeko lurking, and I think Luger probably has some serious time issues now, what with a new kid and all :rolleyes:
Good to hear red is alive though ;)

guaeko
21 September 2004, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I'm still here. You don't have to drop me in the Sarlaac pit. Although...wonder how many rounds I could last? Nah, just seems like a bad idea. Onward, to Garqui! As the jawas say: GOGOWA!!

Gauk

(by the way, I'm having fun with my new Star Wars Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide, can you tell?)

blivengo
21 September 2004, 03:35 PM
That book is a MUST have for anybody really into Star Wars...

guaeko
21 September 2004, 04:09 PM
I've been speaking almost nothing but Shiiriwook for the last 3 days.

Too much fun...

johnnyputrid
21 September 2004, 05:36 PM
I've been speaking almost nothing but Shiiriwook for the last 3 days.

Your throat must hurt.:D

Glad to see you're still kicking. No Sarlaac Pit for you.

red5_5
24 September 2004, 05:59 PM
I'm back! Sorry for the long absence everyone, I promise it won't happen again. I will have a post up tomorrow, I've just got to catch up in the IC thread.

red5_5
3 October 2004, 03:58 PM
Hello, is anybody here? Just wondering where everyone went to. Hope everything is all right.

:)

blivengo
3 October 2004, 06:00 PM
Hey johnny...where you is at?

We were promised action...I require action!

johnnyputrid
3 October 2004, 07:01 PM
Sorry for the delay folks. I'm in the process of outprocessing from the Army, and it can get kind of hectic. There will be a new IC post tomorrow night, I promise. It takes me a while to write out a post, since I'm a real stickler for spelling, and I make up a lot of small details on the fly. But this next one, and the one after that, and probably the one after that too, will be chock full of stuff to do. And things to kill.

By the way, anybody heard from Luger? It looks like someone might have to step in and handle his PC until he gets checks in.

Rostek
4 October 2004, 06:46 PM
Now we've gotten to the fun part.
Way to go jp!
I must say, I'm very happy with my inspirational battle cry B)

Gyp Ryol
5 October 2004, 03:14 PM
Goodness. That was more force than I was expecting. Hooray for explosions, I guess.

Rostek
9 October 2004, 02:08 PM
In the words of a friend of mine during an online game of Tribes
"Explosions is good!" ;)

blivengo
10 October 2004, 05:16 PM
Is Vaidoo an aspiring big game hunter too? The droid's post makes me curious...if he is, he and Crone will have to trade stories during some down time...

guaeko
10 October 2004, 05:20 PM
Ah, I'm sorry. I read the wrong name earlier and got confused. Lemme edit my message really quick.

blivengo
10 October 2004, 05:24 PM
That may not be necessary...we've got the same build right now, Scout 2/Soldier 2, so it may have been what Luger had in mind...only JohnJuan knows...well, and Luger too I guess...

johnnyputrid
10 October 2004, 05:35 PM
Hey guaeko, what name did you get wrong? You mean Crone instead of Vaidoo? All I got from Luger is that Vaidoo was a Rodian hunter. What he hunted, I have no idea, but I'm assuming it was people.:D And I added a nice big chunk on top of my last IC post. You'll probably want to re-read it. I had to catch up with one of your posts.

blivengo
10 October 2004, 05:37 PM
Slacker...:D

guaeko
10 October 2004, 05:52 PM
Then I did see that he was a hunter. Thought I was going senile or something. Oh well, changed it anyway. Crone needed some more action anyway.

blivengo
10 October 2004, 05:58 PM
No arguments here...:)

blivengo
10 October 2004, 06:53 PM
Man...poor Gyp is missing out on some quality time here...he shouldn't have school tomorrow...maybe he's got a date...

Rostek
10 October 2004, 06:55 PM
C'mon blivengo, we both know that Gyp's probably spending some quality time playing Parchezi with his parents or something

guaeko
10 October 2004, 06:56 PM
Nope, hes at my house, playing Jenga. "Oh no, I think you shanked my Jengaship!"

Rostek
10 October 2004, 06:59 PM
"Oh no, I think you shanked my Jengaship!"
"Damn you gravity!!!"
I figure 'ol jp will tell us if we gots any IR gear and if our dear Drash can fix some up. :raised: He's funny that way.

blivengo
10 October 2004, 07:05 PM
Well, I submit...I, unfortunately, have to work tomorrow, so I'm going to bed...you kids don't get too far ahead if JohnJuan throws us in the fire...I don't wanna be a dozen posts behind, and have to catch up on all the stuff Crone kills...

johnnyputrid
10 October 2004, 07:07 PM
He's funny that way.

Funny what way? What's so funny about me? Funny, like I'm here to make you laugh? Do I amuse you? You think I'm here to freakin' amuse you? What the *bleep* is so freakin' funny about me?

Sorry, I watched GoodFellas today.:D

Rostek
10 October 2004, 07:09 PM
Don't worry, it'll only be a half-dozen posts or so... ;)
I'm seriously excited though... I Wanna Kill Some Stuff and/or Rescue the Old Team!!!!

Funny what way? What's so funny about me? Funny, like I'm here to make you laugh? Do I amuse you? You think I'm here to freakin' amuse you? What the *bleep* is so freakin' funny about me?
Yep, basically ;)

Gyp Ryol
11 October 2004, 05:34 AM
Do you guys have nothing better to do than to guess as to what my personal life is? In one way, I guess it's kind of flattering...

Truth is, I was kissing porcelin yesterday afternoon, and so this morning my face looks like something from a horror flick due to all the broken blood vessels. I had a little stomach bug, but I'm over it now.

For future reference, however, I have no idea how to play Parchezi.

blivengo
11 October 2004, 06:09 AM
Actually, on an average day, I really don't have anything better to do...

Sorry you were feeling glum, chum, but it's good to see you're ship-shape now...and I have no idea how to play Parchezi either, but it is a cool word...

Rostek
11 October 2004, 06:39 AM
this morning my face looks like something from a horror flick
As opposed to?
But seriously, I hope you're feeling better, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised catching up on all the treads we're in. :)

johnnyputrid
11 October 2004, 09:35 AM
Glad to hear you are feeling better, Gyp. I was kissing porcelain the other day myself, but that had more to do with Mr. Heineken and Dr. Bombay than a stomach bug.:D

blivengo, your last post suggests that you want to stay behind with Drash, Karei and Cubber, but B2K3 wants to you and him to scout ahead. I think guaeko just got Crone and Vaidoo mixed up for a second. All I'm doing with Vaidoo is using him to describe scenery and to move the plot along instead of having to say "OK, now you guys see this and now this happens". If that's what you want, its no problem. I'm still gonna make sure everybody gets some action regardless.

blivengo
11 October 2004, 10:00 AM
Yeah, I'll stay behind...I wasn't sure what kind of ordeal switching out the power cell was going to be, but now that there are two people with working scanners I thought they should be the ones out and about...plus now I can pick off anything running toward me while the Jedi keep me from getting hit...:)

johnnyputrid
11 October 2004, 11:13 AM
Sounds good. Maybe now Crone can catch that smoke he's been wanting.;)

blivengo
11 October 2004, 11:30 AM
Right...and as soon as I get him fumblin' with his lighter BAM!...out of nowhere there are a dozen Vong...I'm not as dumb as, if you knew what I looked like, you would think I looked...or something...

johnnyputrid
11 October 2004, 01:15 PM
Right...and as soon as I get him fumblin' with his lighter BAM!...out of nowhere there are a dozen Vong...I'm not as dumb as, if you knew what I looked like, you would think I looked...or something...

Hey, would I do something nutty, like throwing a dozen Vong at you from nowhere? On second thought, don't answer that. I probably would.;)

Rostek
11 October 2004, 01:38 PM
Sweet jp!
I think I can guess who that 'big EU character' you were talking about was...
Only one man can so kick so much ass while dishing out such witty insults to those whose asses have been kicked! :katarn:

blivengo
11 October 2004, 02:19 PM
This is going to get interesting...say JohnJuan, exactly how far away are the rest of us anyway?

johnnyputrid
11 October 2004, 03:23 PM
Check out the newest IC post for more details. I gathered from everyone's posts that all of you were 'trailing' B2 and Vaidoo, so you're about 40-50 meters behind them, and they were about 12 meters from the action. That's far enough to remain relatively unnoticed, but close enough to get the gist of what's going on.

Let's put it this way: the Vong all have lousy Listen and Spot modifiers.
I know its sad, but I actually rolled checks for the Vong, and they didn't notice squat.:D

blivengo
11 October 2004, 03:52 PM
So...I've gotta bust balls to get in range...got it...

EDIT:

Okay, what kinda penalty is there for having to pick up the lazy Jedis' stuff?

Rostek
11 October 2004, 04:09 PM
Just have Gyp do it. Drash sucks at combat, anyway :P
Nice technobabble, btw, we'll need that IR emitter when we approach the team.

blivengo
11 October 2004, 04:35 PM
DAMN YOU JOHNNY!

I just worked up a post, hit reply, then, all-of-a-sudden, there's this new post from johnnyputrid, messin' up my mojo...:)

johnnyputrid
11 October 2004, 04:49 PM
My bad.:D

I'm finished setting up what I needed done, so hopefully your mojo is still intact. Rostek's Force jump caught me in the middle of writing, so I had to do some serious editing on the fly. I'm getting offline for a bit anyway, but I'll be back in an hour or two to see what havoc you guys have wreaked.

Rostek
11 October 2004, 05:07 PM
Rostek's Force jump caught me in the middle of writing, so I had to do some serious editing on the fly
Heh heh, yeah :P

blivengo
11 October 2004, 05:16 PM
Oh, so Rostek pulled the fast one on you, huh...damn lazy Jedi show-off...:P

Gyp Ryol
11 October 2004, 06:37 PM
Oh sure. Assume the techie stinks at combat. Oh yeah, let's stereotype the character. Sounds like fun. Jerks. :mad:

And what am I? A bantha?! Hardly. I'll have my revenge, Rostek! Mark my words! Mark my words! :vader:

blivengo
11 October 2004, 06:44 PM
Oh man...Bren's screwed...

And what's with "Jerks," plural...Crone took half the crap...I demand an apology...if that's okay...

Rostek
11 October 2004, 06:51 PM
Oh man...Bren's screwed...
Damn! I hadn't considered the fact that a Gyp GM'd character is sitting near death on a gurney in extreme pain!
Now that Nerra's a NPC, Gyp'll just have him draw a holdout and pop Bren betwixt the eyes... or have the med droid slip with a scalpel in Bren's nether regions... Why am I giving him ideas!
To be fair, your grenade did blow a 120 kilo Vong warrior on top of me... and you can always drop the stuff later, plus- Oh, please don't kill mehehehe :sobs pitifully:

johnnyputrid
11 October 2004, 07:41 PM
Well, that's it for me tonight, folks. I've got a warm girl next to me, and a long day tomorrow. See you all on the flip side.

Gyp Ryol
12 October 2004, 05:19 AM
And what's with "Jerks," plural...Crone took half the crap...I demand an apology...if that's okay...

I wasn't including Crone in that plural. I was making sure I covered anyone who stereotyped Drash as a wimp. Granted, he is a wimp, but it's the principle of the thing!

Oh please don't kill mehehehe :sobs pitifully:

You are lucky I am more understanding that the Emperor. :vader:

johnnyputrid
16 October 2004, 11:09 AM
Hey guys, just to let you know what's going on, I'm in the process of moving and getting out of the Army. It's been pretty damn hectic lately, and I haven't had too much time to post these last couple of days. On the 20th of this month, I will be a free man once again. Unfortunately, I still have to get a new job, but at least I won't have to wear the damn pickle suit anymore. Not that I dislike the Army or anything, because its been great, but its time to move on. Anyways, I'll be offline for a few days starting Monday (the 19th), but I should be back up before the end of the week. Hopefully this new ISP I'm getting will be better than my old one.

Rest assured, we will continue this fine little adventure. I've got 40 days of leave coming up, so I'll have more than enough time keep it going. On that note, IS everybody having fun? This is my first stab at GMing a PbP adventure, so hopefully I'm doing at least a half-way decent job. So far you all have kept coming back, so I gather we're doing OK. The encounters so far haven't been too tough, but they will get progressively more intense, and there will be some areas where the parties' skills and personalities will be able to really affect the plot. I've got a little more "setup" work to do in the next few posts, but once everything is set, its all up to you guys how to proceed. What do you all think? Any suggestions are welcome.

I'll try to have another IC post up this weekend. Laters.

guaeko
16 October 2004, 11:29 AM
Yeah, its awesome. Vong-hunting is always fun. And I think I'm gonna have to kill Kyle, just for kicks and giggles.

johnnyputrid
16 October 2004, 01:52 PM
Thanks bud.

Hey, if you want to tackle Mr. Katarn, go ahead. Let's see...Kyle, level 17 Jedi Master....B2K3, level 4 battle droid.....odds are not looking good, my friend. But don't fret. A particular....situation is coming up soon that will test our beloved battle droid. (Insert wicked cackle here)

By the way, whatever happened to K3 saying "Danger, Will Robinson!"
I thought that was so off-the-wall that it would work. If you can squeeze that in somewhere, that would be too cool.

guaeko
16 October 2004, 02:00 PM
Ok, one issue at a time.

#1)Kaythree can take him.
#2)A trial for me...dunno whether to be flattered or scared. Or both.
#3)Not only will I say "Danger Will Robinson", I will also sing "Thanks to you, Mrs. Robinson" and say "All your base are belong to us" endlessly, just because you said that.

red5_5
20 October 2004, 02:43 PM
Just letting everyone know I'm going to be gone on vacaton until Monday.

johnnyputrid
22 October 2004, 06:50 PM
Well, I've put away the old Corporal stripes, so now you can just call me Mr. Putrid. I'm officially a civilian puke once again. God help us all.:D

Anyways, there will be a new IC post up by Sunday, rest assured.
Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some serious stumbling around to do.
(takes a massive gulp of something blue)

Rostek
22 October 2004, 07:52 PM
Hooray! jp's no longer a slave to the man!
j/k ;)

Gyp Ryol
23 October 2004, 02:13 PM
You'd better hurry up with that post, there, johnny. I've been holding my breath waiting for Drash's situation to be resolved, and I think my left lung has imploded.

It always was a wimp, anyhow. :mad:

red5_5
25 October 2004, 03:39 PM
Hey everybody! I'm back from my trip and ready to start posting again.

blivengo
25 October 2004, 04:45 PM
Welcome back red...

And Gyp, who needs two lungs anyway?

Gyp Ryol
25 October 2004, 04:49 PM
Yeah, see, the only problem with this is that I've already donated my right lung to a medical foundation in Bora Bora or something like that, and I don't know when I'm getting it back. Either the United States Postal Service starts picking up the slack, or jp's gonna have to post real quick.

johnnyputrid
30 October 2004, 03:30 PM
There's plenty more action a-coming, folks. Please post when you get the chance. Some of the Vong warriors have expressed their desire to interact socially with your PCs, you know, have some drinks, chit-chat and whatnot, and they are getting a tad upset. I don't know how much longer I can...oh, wait....no, oh God no....they're loose! Help...somebody please...!!!!

Gyp Ryol
30 October 2004, 07:27 PM
Hey hey hey! I posted. I'm waiting for everyone else, too!

On a side note, I really need to cut down on the games I'm in. My sig's becoming unbearable. Perhaps if I limited it to game on the HoloNet, hmmm...

Rostek
30 October 2004, 07:35 PM
There, Happy!? ;)
Ugh, damn Middle Eastern Civ paper. Busy week, dontcha know.
Tell the YV they'll get their punch and pie, so not to worry. :)

red5_5
7 November 2004, 06:15 PM
Sorry for the lack of posting everybody, I'll have a post up tomorrow.

guaeko
20 November 2004, 04:46 PM
Now hold on a second. Was that a magic 8-ball? That's awesome...

johnnyputrid
20 November 2004, 05:09 PM
Now hold on a second. Was that a magic 8-ball? That's awesome...

Yep. I read that in the UAA. Weequay use tiny orbs (which also called Quay) to communicate with Quay. I thought it was funny as hell. :D

guaeko
21 November 2004, 08:03 AM
Now I'm going to have to make a Weequay character on something so I have an excuse to use a magic 8-ball. Maybe my Simpsons version.

guaeko
16 December 2004, 03:27 PM
So...have we been forgotten about? It's been almost a month since the last post. Don't want to seem impatient or anything, of course. :D

Gyp Ryol
18 December 2004, 06:36 AM
No, no. You're not coming off that way at all. I was thinking of posting something similar as well. I haven't seen much of goo' ole johnny lately. Something in RL must be playing havoc with his schedule.

blivengo
30 January 2005, 06:07 PM
Where, oh where, has our little john gone...oh where, oh where can he be?

Seriously though, where is our fearless leader? I miss my gruff Chagrian...

guaeko
30 January 2005, 06:11 PM
WE MISS YOU JOHNNY!

And we miss your Chagrian too, bliv. ;)

Gyp Ryol
31 January 2005, 05:53 PM
And I miss Drash. :( Let's pout loud enough for johnny to pick up the game again.

johnnyputrid
21 February 2005, 04:51 PM
Hey all.

Firs, let me apologize for not keeping up with my own thread. While I can't give you guys too detailed an explanation of my woes of late, I can say that financially (and spiritually) these last few months have been incredibly difficult for me. I've had problems of every sort all pile on at the same time, and its been a to deal with. I won't make any excuses for not keeping up with the campaign. I'll just say I didn't keep up with it and leave it at that. Unfortunately, you guys were the 'victims' here, and I do want to apologize for that.

If you guys want this thing to continue, then that's what we'll do. Right now though, all of my notes are in one state, and I'm in another, so I can't work up an IC post just yet. As soon as I get all of my notes, I'll pick things up where we left off. Give me about a week and half, if you could please. I think you'll be pleased at the next arc of the story, which deals with your characters and has drastically less NPC interaction. Except for enemies, of course. Those you'll have an overabundance of.:)

I'm hoping you guys can forgive me for letting the game run idle for so long, and I deeply appreciate your concerns. Thanks,

- J

guaeko
22 February 2005, 12:49 PM
Hey, johnny!

We understand, and you don't need to explain yourself. If you wanna go forward, I'd love it.

Glad to have you back!

Gyp Ryol
22 February 2005, 02:32 PM
*Gyp does happy dance of glee and joyfulness*

Oh, sorry. I got carried away. But good to hear from you johnny. I'm glad this game isn't on it's way to the big GM desk in the sky.

blivengo
3 July 2005, 04:52 PM
Can we please get this game going again? I'll give you a big kiss johnny...or not give you a big kiss...which ever is more motivating...

Gyp Ryol
4 July 2005, 08:31 AM
Ooh, a blivengo Kiss (patent pending). That'll get anyone up and moving out of sheer fear. Plus, my dance of glee and joyfulness is starting to wear down my endurance. I've already had to sacrifice eating to maintain it. So, the sooner we could pick the game up, the sooner I can start eating.

red5_5
4 July 2005, 08:39 AM
I would also like to start the game again. I've been missing my NJO action! :)

guaeko
4 July 2005, 09:40 AM
Ditto, but only if Johnny's got time. Don't want him to sacrifice TOO much for us.

Rostek
4 July 2005, 09:55 AM
I've been in touch with jp over the last few months- so I've got some bad news for you boys:

Originally written by johnnyputrid:
'Our Most Desparate Hour' is going to have go bye-bye. When I moved down from SC, I put a lot of stuff in storage, including several disks with all of the background material for that campaign. Well, those disks melted (!) in my non-climate controlled storage unit.

Sorry boys- I'm sure the man himself will be by soon enough, though :(

blivengo
4 July 2005, 11:43 AM
No worries there, just make it up from scratch...we're at a perfect place to start over...plus, he's got all the time he needs...it's been a long time already, what's another month or two...or three...I have faith that jp could whip up something awesome...and it's obvious the interest is still here...and there's always that kiss to look forward to...:P

johnnyputrid
4 July 2005, 01:50 PM
Uh...let's hold off on the kiss. As a matter fact, let's skip it altogether.:D

Well, it looks like you folks want this thing to continue, so I guess we can see what happens. It'll take me a bit of time to work up some new stuff and get back into the swing of things. I'll probably end up winging some of it and making things up as I go. I probably need to re-read te whole thread as well, so this is a good time to start back up.

I should have a bit more free time here in the near future, as soon as I move into my new place (finally, no roomates! Hurrah!). Looks like roast Vong is back on the menu boys!

red5_5
5 July 2005, 09:05 PM
Um, roast Vong sounds good! :D I can't wait!

Rostek
5 July 2005, 09:13 PM
Wonderful :D
(though I hope the **cough** other project we had been discussing isn't dead ;)).

red5_5
23 July 2005, 08:53 PM
How's everybody doing? I've had a busy two weeks and I haven't been online much, so I thought I'd check in. :)