PDA

View Full Version : Inside the Worlds of the Star Wars Trilogy

Faraer
12 August 2004, 09:26 AM
The latest Dorling Kindersley book is out, James Luceno's Inside the Worlds of the Star Wars Trilogy. I have my copy, have yet to read it but it's clearly a great resource for Rebellion era campaigns. Maps of the Yavin 4 and Hoth Rebel bases, backstory and 'round the corner' information on most of the movie locations, Battles of Hoth and Endor notes, all sorts of stuff.

(Some of the discussion of this book on Star Wars forums has centred on Curtis Saxton's consultant role and the presence of some of his physics-based interpretations. It really isn't a major aspect of the book, whether you're for or against them.)

hisham
12 August 2004, 07:23 PM
I heard they've reverted the diameter of the Endor's Death Star from WEG's figure to Richard Edlund original canonical size... is that true, Faraer?

Faraer
13 August 2004, 06:24 AM
At a glance, it doesn't say how big the original Death Star is, but gives the second Death Star at 'over 900 kilometers'.

As I say, there are much more interesting things here than that.

hisham
13 August 2004, 06:36 AM
The original RPG stats for the second Death Star is 160 km.

In Cinefex, Richard Edlund once said it was supposed to be 500 miles in diameter... That calculates to about 900 km.