PDA

View Full Version : Release of the Classic DVD's?

Nova Spice
1 September 2004, 10:34 AM
If I remember correctly, the long-awaited DVD release of the Original Trilogy is due out this month.

Does anyone have a confirmation release date?

johnnyputrid
1 September 2004, 10:38 AM
September 21st.

And welcome back, Nova.

Nova Spice
1 September 2004, 11:08 AM
Good, that means I can still reserve a copy at my local Hastings. :)

And thanks for the kind words, johnny. Good to be back. :)

cheshire
1 September 2004, 01:58 PM
Don't get too excited yet, because Lucas has tinkered again! This is the "More Special-er Than The 'Special Edition' Edition" I'm just going to buy the Hi Fi stuff on Ebay and have my father in law burn it to DVD for me. I'm tired of Lucas messing with Star Wars. Yes, it's his art, but once it has entered my mind, I have my own vision of what it looks like. If I can preserve that, I will.

johnnyputrid
1 September 2004, 02:07 PM
I'm actually curious to see what has been changed, and whether or not it's for the better or for the worse. I just hope that they fixed the lightsaber effects. I shudder everytime I watch Old Obi-Wan's lightsaber flicker out. You would think he'd have grabbed a new Duracell before leaving Tatooine.:)

ij thompson
1 September 2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by johnnyputrid
I'm actually curious to see what has been changed, and whether or not it's for the better or for the worse.

How does a RotJ with Jar Jar jumping up and down shouting "Wesa free!" grab you? :(

All opposed surf to the link below! :D

http://originaltrilogy.com

Reverend Strone
1 September 2004, 02:52 PM
Warning! Special Special Edition Spoilers Below...

The hideous CG Jabba from the SE ANH has been replaced with another CG Jabba- I'm not sure it's that much of an improvement personally from the pictures I've seen. The Emperor's hologram from ESB has been replaced with a new version featuring Ian Mcdiarmid in Emperor make-up. Also, Anakin's ghost in the final scene of ROTJ has been replaced so that he now looks like young Hayden Christenson in his Anakin get-up from ROTS. It seems when devising your appearance as a Jedi Spirit you get to not count any years (or levels;) ) spent as a Sith Lord. It make sme wonder whether Hayden's face might now also be what we see under the helmet when Luke removes Vader's mask.

johnnyputrid
1 September 2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by ij thompson

How does a RotJ with Jar Jar jumping up and down shouting "Wesa free!" grab you? :(

I will probably board a plane, fly over to Skywalker Ranch and patiently wait for Lucas to come home. I will then pummel him into the dirt, for he will have completely destroyed all for which we have fought and suffered. :D

dgswensen
1 September 2004, 07:00 PM
I don't know why he doesn't just get it over with and reshoot the entire OT from scratch.

VixenofVenus
2 September 2004, 07:26 AM
I don't care if he makes a few cosmetic changes ... the story is what draws me to pay $65+ for these DVDs ... I'll be waiting at midnight on monday to pick up my copy ... "open, open, open ..."

Ris
2 September 2004, 08:09 AM
I just wish it included the original versions. I didn't have many issues with the re-releases--except for adding Jabba into ANH.
:P

If the originals were included, then our kids could see it the way Mom & Dad saw it the first time.

On a couple brighter notes, the 2 of us & a number of costumer pals will be an offical part of release events at several stores. :D B) What to wear, what to wear? Jedi or Endor trooper or should I be shocking in my Imp Officer uniform?
And the release date is our anniversary--so the kids have decreed the set is going to be our present. Of course since they're under 10, we have to cover the cost.8o

PS to Vixen of Venus: It's good to see you on again. We gals have to stick together

And welcome back to you too, Nova

CaamasiJedi49
7 September 2004, 03:12 PM
Someone over at theforce.net spoiler forum already has the dvd set, and gives a few hints about it. Go check here (http://boards.theforce.net/Revenge_of_the_Sith_(Spoilers_Allowed)/b10331/16883782/?72) . Later.

Caamasi Jedi49:plokoon:

Nova Spice
7 September 2004, 05:18 PM
Someone over at theforce.net spoiler forum already has the dvd set, and gives a few hints about it. Go check here . Later.

Checked this out the other day. They've got some interesting stuff over there. :) :P

dgswensen
7 September 2004, 08:30 PM
Wow, almost an entire page devoted to griping about the DVD cases. Man, I thought I was picky :)

Deck
19 September 2004, 01:05 PM
I am really most displeased by the new changes. Couldn't they have left it as it was? No, they had to embed their new "amazing" characters. :mad: In my opinion this leads to the loss of the original SW spirit.

Once it's released and we have seen it, we will discuss the changes in a new thread. :)

See you then!

~ HiAd

Wade Trenor
19 September 2004, 09:03 PM
I just got home from work (I live in Sydney) and found the DVDs I ordered from Amazon at my front door! w00t!

cheshire
20 September 2004, 05:56 AM
My brother lives in St. Louis and apparently there was a small record store that didn't know they weren't supposed to be selling them yet. He got his on Sunday.

Deck
20 September 2004, 02:08 PM
Now that the release date has been confirmed, and most already have or will hold the DVD Classic Trilogy in his own hands very soon, I am closing this thread to avoid any confusion with the <i>Comments Thread</i> in this forum here. Please post your comments there. :)

~ HiAd Chris