PDA

View Full Version : What'd you get in your first booster?

blivengo
3 September 2004, 08:40 AM
Okay, let's find out who the lucky ones are...

I got two variations of Snowtroopers, two variations of rebel troopers, the Mon Calamari Merc, an Ewok, and IG-88.

ij thompson
3 September 2004, 10:04 AM
I allowed myself a Starter and one Booster in anticipation of my case arriving. I don't remember specifics, but the Rare in my booster was R2-D2.

RAAARRRR!!!!! Fear the R2-D2!!!!!! :D

Artie Deco
3 September 2004, 11:33 AM
Two boosters:

Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight :)
Bothan Spy
Elite Snowtrooper
Rebel Trooper
Stormtrooper (38)
Jawa
Twi'lek Scoundrel

Mara Jade Emperor's Hand :)
Rebel Commando
Elite Snowtrooper
Elite Rebel Trooper
Wookiee Soldier
Stormtrooper (36)
Jawa

Starter:

Luke and Vader
Elite Hoth Trooper
Elite Stormtrooper
Elite Rebel Trooper
Wookiee Soldier
Snowtrooper
Stormtrooper (37)
Bespin Guard
Tusken Raider

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
3 September 2004, 02:17 PM
After opening my case and including the Starter and Booster that I got in the Tourny at Indy plus all the freebies that I picked up from ComiCon and GenCon Indy (that I can find cards for) this is my list.

Rebel

1 Bothan Spy U
0 C-3PO R
0 Chewbacca R
1 Commando on Speeder Bike VR
1 Elite Hoth Trooper U
3 Elite Rebel Trooper C
1 Han Solo R
3 Hoth Trooper C
1 Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight VR
1 Luke Skywalker, Rebel R
0 Obi-Wan Kenobi VR
1 Princess Leia, Captive VR
0 Princess Leia, Senator R
1 R2-D2 R
2 Rebel Commando U
2 Rebel Officer U
4 Rebel Pilot C
4 Rebel Trooper (On Knee) C
4 Rebel Trooper (Standing) C
6 Wookiee Soldier C

Imperial

1 Darth Vader, Dark Jedi R
0 Darth Vader, Sith Lord VR
2 Elite Snowtrooper U
7 Elite Stormtrooper U
0 Emperor Palpatine VR
1 General Veers R
0 Grand Moff Tarkin R
1 Heavy Stormtrooper U
1 Imperial Officer U
1 Mara Jade, Emperorís Hand R
0 Probe Droid VR
2 Royal Guard U
2 Scout Trooper U
0 Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike VR
3 Snowtrooper C
4 Stormtrooper (Standing) C
5 Stormtrooper (Running) C
3 Stormtrooper (Aiming) C
2 Stormtrooper Officer U
0 Stormtrooper on Dewback VR

Fringe

3 Bespin Guard C
1 Boba Fett VR
0 Dengar R
2 Duros Mercenary U
3 Ewok C
1 4-LOM R
1 Gamorrean Guard U
1 IG-88 R
3 Ithorian Scout U
0 Jabba the Hutt VR
3 Jawa C
0 Lando Calrissian R
4 Mon Calamari Mercenary C
2 Quarren Assassin U
1 Greedo R
1 Bossk R
5 Tusken Raider C
1 Twiílek Bodyguard U
3 Twiílek Scoundrel C
1 Wampa VR

I'll probably grab another case next month to see if I can get the remaining 13 figures that I need to complete the set (what good is R2 without a 3PO to fix?). The doubles I get of Rares & Very Rares will probably end up on eBay.

Paul Klein
3 September 2004, 10:39 PM
I bought a starter and 7 boosters today. The R and VR I got were:

Probe Droid
Sandtrooper on Dewback
Princess Leia, Senator
Grand Moff Tarkin
Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand
Chewbacca
Greedo

DarkSoldier
5 September 2004, 07:04 PM
I'm poor; I can only buy one booster.

I got Heavy Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, Jawa (Utinni!), Twi'lek Scoundrel, Duros Mercenary, Elite Rebel Trooper, and Han Solo.

I like the Star Wars miniatures over the Epic Duels miniatures that we've been using for our game, because the SWM Han Solo's head is actually in prportion to his body.

Moridin
5 September 2004, 10:44 PM
So far, the only rares I've gotten so far out of my 3 boosters are IG-88, R2-D2, and Grand Moff Tarkin.

Sithspawn
6 September 2004, 01:11 PM
They're ALL rare by me. Every RPG shop has sold out! I'm probably going to have to wait at least 3 weeks before I get my hands on so much as a starter! :(

Nova Spice
6 September 2004, 05:13 PM
I can't even find the blasted things in my area! I don't suppose any major bookstores would carry the minis, would they?

Mapmaker
6 September 2004, 05:57 PM
I bought a case this weekend and ended up with a Big Box o' Bounty Hunters!

My rares and very rares:

IG-88
Boba Fett
Greedo
4-LOM
Dengar

R2-D2
Grand Moff Tarkin
Leia, Senator
Vader, Sith Lord
Probe Droid
Chewbacca
Wampa

[Note: I already had Bossk, so I now have all the bounty hunters, with a double of Boba Fett that I think I might repaint as Jango.]

blivengo
6 September 2004, 06:12 PM
Cool idea about the repaint...and Nova, I tried Books A Million just for kicks and giggles (it's on my way home from work) but all they had were the D&D minis...I didn't bother asking anyone about it though, so maybe they were just lazy about stocking them...

ij thompson
6 September 2004, 06:25 PM
Mapmaker, that's awesome!

I'm so pleased you didn't get a single double in the Rares. Since you've got an 'inside view' on this stuff, would you happen to know if that's the norm, with cases?

I've been waiting for a 4-LOM miniature since the 80's. Can't wait to see if there's one in my case! :D

blivengo
6 September 2004, 06:43 PM
I didn't get any double rares in a case either...never really thought of it 'til now, but that is pretty keen...here's what I've got so far by the way:

Han Solo
Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
Obi-Wan Kenobi x2
Princess Leia, Captive
Emperor Palpatine (who's sitting on my computer flanked by two Royal Guards)
General Veers
Grand Moff Tarkin
Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand
Boba Fett
Dengar
4-LOM
IG-88 x2
Lando Calrissian x2
Greedo
Bossk
Wampa

Sithspawn
7 September 2004, 05:21 AM
I finally found the last stockpile of Mini's in Birmingham, UK.

I know I was one of the anti-mini's (because I love the RPG more than a sane person should) I have to say that I am very impressed with the quality of the mini's. And going by the shops near me the sale of them has been a runaway success.

So now I have some of my own, but I'll have to wait until I leave work to open them.

Reverend Strone
7 September 2004, 02:45 PM
Man I hope these things hit NZ soon. The tease I get here everytime I check the boards is killing me.

Mapmaker
7 September 2004, 05:13 PM
Hi, Rev!

Congrats on the new addition to your family! I was told about the good news on the way to Gen Con, where you were sorely missed.

When the minis do arrive in NZ, be sure to let us know what you get! :)

Reverend Strone
7 September 2004, 05:47 PM
Thanks Chris. :) She's a cutey.

I sure will let you know what I get when the minis hit our shores. Actually I'm hoping to be doing some swapping and trading to get the pieces I want to use as aids for my Tatooine Fringe campaign. if anyone out there is putting together a Hoth army, I suspect I'll be looking to offload a bunch of whatever Hoth Imperial or Rebel stuff I pick up (not much call for Snowtroopers out in the Dune Sea). ;)

Mapmaker
7 September 2004, 06:43 PM
(not much call for Snowtroopers out in the Dune Sea)
Well, you could repaint them in camouflage tan/brown tones and call them "Desert Scout Troopers" or "Sandtrooper Commandos"
:)

Reverend Strone
7 September 2004, 07:53 PM
Well, you could repaint them in camouflage tan/brown tones and call them "Desert Scout Troopers" or "Sandtrooper Commandos"

My PCs are gonna hate you. ;D Great idea.

Moridin
7 September 2004, 07:59 PM
Dan, don't worry about getting enough Stormtroopers. Out of 3 starters and 7 boosters Brett and I have only pulled 2 snowtroopers and about a dozen or more stormtroopers each.

Codym
7 September 2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Reverend Strone
Man I hope these things hit NZ soon. The tease I get here everytime I check the boards is killing me.

I here that. Luckily, my local RPG supplier is going to e-mail me the moment they come in, though apparently there is a hell of lot of interest in them now that people has seen the starter packs (hard not to, the store's owner keeps playing with them on the counter) and I may just have to fight for my share of the boosters.

Reverend Strone
7 September 2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Moridin
Dan, don't worry about getting enough Stormtroopers. Out of 3 starters and 7 boosters Brett and I have only pulled 2 snowtroopers and about a dozen or more stormtroopers each.

Cheers man- that's good news. So far it looks like the rarity deal actually supports army building pretty well.

Originally posted by Codym
I here that. Luckily, my local RPG supplier is going to e-mail me the moment they come in, though apparently there is a hell of lot of interest in them now that people has seen the starter packs (hard not to, the store's owner keeps playing with them on the counter) and I may just have to fight for my share of the boosters.

Time to call in the favours at my local retailer as well I reckon. I'll be curious to see what they retail for too. It may end up being cheaper to grab them online from the US.

Codym
7 September 2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Reverend Strone

Time to call in the favours at my local retailer as well I reckon. I'll be curious to see what they retail for too. It may end up being cheaper to grab them online from the US.

You could be right, but for the moment I'm waiting. The owner of my local Comics/RPG store told me they'll probably retail for the same price as the D&D minis, which wasn't too bad, and I get a small discount there for being a member of the local roleplaying society.

Sithspawn
7 September 2004, 11:05 PM
The Rare's I got included Jedi Luke, Obi-Wan & Lando. :kenobi:
Only Bounty Hunters were Dengar & Greedo. :rodian:
Only large was Imperial Speeder Bike. :scouttpr:

The best mini IMHO is the Stormtrooper on Dewback, but I didn't get one of those.

blivengo
8 September 2004, 01:31 AM
My favorite one so far is probably the Royal Guard (as long as his force pike isn't bent like a wet noodle)...I really like Boba too though...and I think once I get Jabba he will be my new favorite...

Liquescent-Sabre
8 September 2004, 06:24 AM
Picked up a starter and a booster last Friday, they look GREAT! After playing the SWRPG for some time now it's absolutely thrilling to see minis for them now that we can use muhaha.

I was also impressed by the even spread between the three factions and I wonder if the distribution is generally so well laid out. Here's what I got:

Rebel Alliance
Rebel Trooper (#19)
Rebel Trooper (#18)
Elite Hoth Trooper (#5)
Rebel Pilot (#17)
Wookie Soldier
Luke (Starter)

Galactic Empire
Stormtrooper (#36)
Stormtrooper (#37)
Stormtrooper (#38)
Imperial Officer
Royal Guard
Darth Vader (Starter)

Fringe
(2) Tusken Raiders
Mon Cal Mercenary
Duros Mercenary
Jabba the Hutt

blivengo
8 September 2004, 06:49 AM
Click here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=swminis/article/setlista) for WotC's Official Miniatures site...that particular link points you to a complete list of all 60 minis (plus pictures and rarity)...you can also tell the rarity by looking at the mark on the bottom...if I remember off the top of my head correctly, commons are a circle, uncommons are square-ish, rares are a star, and very rares are a star within a circle...Jabba is a very rare, so one out of two packs is pretty good...plus, YOU GOT JABBA! Lucky...*sobs*

Vesper2112
8 September 2004, 07:34 AM
I got a starter pack and several boosters at DragonCon in Atlanta last weekend. I first just got the starter pack, but after seeing how great these looked, I went back and got 3 more... then three more... then finally 2 more (then I realised I was spending a little too much, lol). Anyway, here's the rare/very rare ones I got:
IG-88
Princess Leia (captive)
Grand Moff Tarkin
Dengar x 2
C-3PO
General Veers
Wampa
... along with the Luke and Vader from the starter set.

I'm pretty happy with them, although I found out I paid full price at the con and I see where there are some discounts off some websites out there. I'll be getting more, although I don't know about trying to get them all.

SaveKenny
18 September 2004, 09:12 AM
hey,I'm new here!
I bought some minis off ebay, 6 of #16 rebel officer.
I will trade rebel officer,still in bag with MINT card, for another figure. Email me at savekenny182@hotmail.com

Cobski
18 September 2004, 03:18 PM
In my first booster I got:

Commons:

Tusken Raider
Mon Calamari Mecenary
Stormtrooper
Hoth Trooper

Uncommons:

Imperial Officer
Bothan Spy

Very Rare:

Jabba

I'm happy. I guess a very rare in your first booster is pretty lucky :) .

delltechdude
21 September 2004, 06:04 PM
Bought my first starter and booster this weekend, my rare is r2-d2
picked up a snow trooper
darth vader dark jedi
ewok
gammorean guard
duros mercenery
mon calimari merc x2
luke skywalker that comes with starter
several stormtroopers
elite storm trooper
imperial officer
rebel pilot
ithorian scout
theres a couple of others, but as i dont have the figs in front of me and i juuuuust got off work, i really dont wanna get up to see what else i have, nothing spectacular but they all look cool.

the local collector shop in florence alabama is selling jabba for $14, so prepare for the price gouging.

shaun

Master Dao Rin
27 September 2004, 01:35 PM
A store here is selling the Probot for $35!

8o

Hightower
27 September 2004, 04:24 PM
Out of the four boosters I've bought so far, here are the rares:

R2
Han Solo
Rebel Commando on Speeder Bike
Dengar

Everyone around here is sold out too. One shop sold out two weeks in a row!

darkforcerising
28 September 2004, 10:30 AM
By the Force, you people are so lucky!!

My only named character was General Veers, who is, by the way, very cool (as are all the Imps). But still...!
I can't wait to get a Mara Jade!!

Any chance that we'll get to see a Grand Admiral Thrawn or a Corran Horn in the near future?

Hightower
28 September 2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by darkforcerising
By the Force, you people are so lucky!!

My only named character was General Veers, who is, by the way, very cool (as are all the Imps). But still...!
I can't wait to get a Mara Jade!!

Any chance that we'll get to see a Grand Admiral Thrawn or a Corran Horn in the near future?

How many boosters did you buy?

Bloodcat
30 September 2004, 10:15 PM
Ive only got 2 boosters, but my rares were Senator Leia and Dengar.
I was fortunate enough to trade Dengar for Bossk though. Trandoshan > guy covered in bandages!:D

Reverend Strone
1 October 2004, 12:44 AM
Well, I finally nailed five boosters ans was quite happy with the results, picking up a couple of very cool Very Rares right away.

Here are my rare/ v rare pulls from the first five sets I bought-

-Boba Fett
-Emperor
-Chewie
-Lando
-4-LOM

I'm looking to trade off that Emperor and most likely Lando at some point, so if any one wants him, PM me with a list of trade suggestions. I'm collecting these for my games and don't really have a use for either of those.

Hightower
1 October 2004, 05:52 AM
Scraped together enough loose change for another booster. I got Chewie.

darkforcerising
2 October 2004, 09:12 AM
How many boosters did you buy?

In response to Hightower: just two.

Maybe I shouldn't complain too loud because I did pick up a Rebel Commando on Speeder Bike, but still, I like guys (and girls) with names! Maybe I'll remedy that by calling him Commando Chet, and my Quarren Sammy the Squid-face, and ....

:D

Hightower
9 October 2004, 10:52 AM
You aren't going to believe my luck. I got to pick three from a freshly opened case yesterday. I pulled Palpatine, the Wampa and a Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike.

YikES!

blivengo
9 October 2004, 12:23 PM
Damn...can you buy some for me...preferably from another case...:)

Nazgul
9 October 2004, 01:33 PM
My first case was a General Veers, and a Elite Snowtrooper.

I've gotten a total of 4 cases now, and I was still missing a: Obi-Wan, Wampa, Jabba and the Sandtrooper w/Dewback. I fixed the Obi-wan, Jabba, and Sandtrooper problem by eBay.

I have about 100 stormtroopers and I'm looking for more. I'm planning on scaring my PCs in a future game. I'm going to have all of the stormtroopers with the royal guards lined up in front of an Imperial shuttle on a planet which they'll be visiting. Hehehe...

Ravnor
2 June 2006, 05:03 AM
My first was two scout troopers.