PDA

View Full Version : Minis at reasonable prices online?

Reverend Strone
8 September 2004, 02:38 PM
Hey guys, anybody yet come across a good online retailer selling the minis? I'm trying to figure out who to give my money too. My local retailer has sadly under-ordered (1 measly box!!!!).

blivengo
8 September 2004, 02:54 PM
I did a lot of checking around online because my local shop has some sort of stigma with Star Wars...the best deal I could find was on www.gameoutfitter.com...I pre-ordered and got my case and a half at about 9:30 am on release day...I give them a billion thumbs up...

satavenger
9 September 2004, 11:50 AM
Got mine form gameoutfitters too. Best deal. Two starters, case of boosters (12) for less than $130. That's 100+ figures (Wampa, Luke Jedi, Dewback, and Darth Vader Sith).

SAT

Moridin
9 September 2004, 12:24 PM
Though it seems unnecessary, let me also throw in a good word for GameOutfitter. I bought a booster case and it arrived today (mwa ha ha), their prices are great and their delivery options were good. I don't know about overseas shipping, Dan, so you'll have to check on that.

My local comic shop is going to be getting me another case at the same price as GameOutfitter, so I'm buying local from now on.

Reverend Strone
9 September 2004, 05:07 PM
Looks like these guys are da bomb. Their overseas shipping policy requires me to estimate the weight of my order. Unfortunately as the minis have yet to appear in my part of the world I have no idea how much they weigh. I'm planning on buying a bunch of boosters, so perhaps some lovely person out there wouldn't mind weighing an unopened booster pack for me please? :D Pretty please? :D

Thanks all.

blivengo
9 September 2004, 07:17 PM
The UPS label on my booster case says 4 lbs. Now, I haven't a clue what that is for you metric folks, but someone's gotta have a science book...

Reverend Strone
9 September 2004, 08:18 PM
No that's great blivengo. Being a US company they want it in lbs, so that'll do nicely. :) Much appreciated. Any idea how much one booster weighs or how many boosters there are to a case?

Liquescent-Sabre
9 September 2004, 09:21 PM
12 boosters to a case, man they don't weight anything at all really heh. Don't even register on me bathroom scale. :P

Chris Curtis
12 September 2004, 05:39 PM
Rev, you might also want to give our resident Frobi-wan Kenobi a PM about this subject. He may have some good info for you.

Frobi-Wan Kenobi
12 September 2004, 10:47 PM
First off Chris that's a capital 'W' in Frobi-Wan Kenobi just like the're two 'O's in Goose.

And secondly, I can't beat $8 a Booster - these guys are almost taking a loss with every pack that they sell.

Reverend Strone
13 September 2004, 02:49 PM
Thanks all. I reckon I have a good track on some excellent deals now. I really appreciate the offers of help I've had from my good buddies here too. :)

Master Dao Rin
16 September 2004, 02:08 PM
Would it be worth it to buy more than one starter pack? Or are the figs the same in every starter?

Master Dao Rin
16 September 2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by satavenger
Got mine form gameoutfitters too. Best deal. Two starters, case of boosters (12) for less than $130. That's 100+ figures (Wampa, Luke Jedi, Dewback, and Darth Vader Sith).

SAT

Do you have all 60 figures now (or whatever it is)?

blivengo
16 September 2004, 04:49 PM
Okay...I have a decent job and only have to support my two dogs, so I've got money to shell into stuff like this...that said, I got three booster cases and an entry pack and I'm still down 5 figures:

Commando on Speeder Bike
Darth Vader, Sith Lord
Probe Driod
Sandtrooper on Dewback
Jabba the Hutt

satavenger
16 September 2004, 05:07 PM
I'm missing eight of the Very rares and Mara Jade.

I ebayed a couple, but can't see the continued expense for the rest.

SAT

Master Dao Rin
16 September 2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by blivengo
Okay...I have a decent job and only have to support my two dogs, so I've got money to shell into stuff like this...that said, I got three booster cases and an entry pack and I'm still down 5 figures:

Commando on Speeder Bike
Darth Vader, Sith Lord
Probe Driod
Sandtrooper on Dewback
Jabba the Hutt

So you mean, in total, you've bought 36 booster packs and the starter?!?

And you still don't have all the figures?

Yikes!

Maybe I'll avoid this one SW thing ... :(

blivengo
16 September 2004, 06:06 PM
No, I don't have them all out-right, but I've also got several doubles so trading should make it easy to get the five I need...then I'm going to build a fancy case to keep 'em all in...then I'm going to engage in massive wars with the zillion stormtroopers I have...so, in short, don't avoid it, just either don't get into for collecting purposes or be prepared to either trade or buy singles from a dealer or eBay...

dgswensen
16 September 2004, 06:41 PM
The collectibles market is a completist's Perdition.

Reverend Strone
16 September 2004, 07:32 PM
Well said dg. I fully intend to buy minis, but have no aspirations to own one of every single one. I'll only keep what I find useful for my games and trade of the rest. I'm not sure what interest would be served in having to have them all, but each to their own.

Master Dao Rin
17 September 2004, 04:00 PM
Well, true.

I don't want the named characters really, like Han or Leia or anything.

I'm more interested in the rank and file, so I can have background minis for the main characters. Like, for instance, half a dozen R2 units or 12 or so Rebel soldiers.

How many boosters would I have to buy in order to get a decent selection of cannon fodder minis?