PDA

View Full Version : Clone Strike Preview Figure

Swoop the Jedi
13 September 2004, 07:03 AM
Here is the Geonosian Picador! (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=swminis/article/clonestrikepreview1)

I think he looks pretty cool!

Ronin
13 September 2004, 08:05 AM
Cool. I seriously like the Geonosians, so I hope there's a good array of minatures...including their artillery...

Reverend Strone
13 September 2004, 02:47 PM
Ditto to that last comment. I'm enthused to see the picador as a piece. It gives me hope that we'll see Aclays, Reeks and Nexus as well! I'd gladly take them over a "Dooku in his golf-cart" mini. ;) :D

Mapmaker
13 September 2004, 04:31 PM
Acklays and Reeks are both Huge, I think, so we shouldn't expect them in Clone Strike. That being the case, I hope they hold off on the Nexu until it can be released along with the other two in a set with some Huges.

Moridin
13 September 2004, 07:11 PM
Indeed, I want the Acklay and the Reek to be in a Giants of Legend-style set, but since the Nexu could be done as Large. Of course, in GoL they only have 12 Huge minis, so I would like to see:

Acklay
Reek
Rancor
Krayt Dragon
T-16 Skyhopper
AT-ST
Hailfire Droid
AAT
AT-TE (may be too big)/AT-XT (if so)
Republic Repulsortank (from Clone Wars video game)
Rebel Snowspeeder
V-Wing Airspeeder

Now, I know that's 12, broken down into 2 each for Republic, Separatist, and Rebellion, with 5 Fringe and 1 Empire. I guess the Empire is kinda getting the shaft there.

You'll notice it's mostly vehicles. Well, that's because unlike D&D there aren't a lot of large critters in the mainstream. The biggest problem would be the speeders (which would move so much faster than the walkers or the tanks or the creatures) but that's not such a big deal, in the end.

Reverend Strone
13 September 2004, 07:37 PM
Oh look, you've gone and made me drool on the floor Moridin.
;) :D

Hey, no Bantha in that list ! Where's the Bantha? They're the original SW beasties. Gotta love Banthas.

I'm also surpised to see no Shaak on your list mate. Do you mean to say that the exciting action sequence with Anakin falling off the Shaak in the field with Padme didn't leave you desperate for a toy one of your own to re-enact all that tension and drama? ;)

Moridin
14 September 2004, 04:39 AM
Hm, I forgot about Banthas. As for the Shaak...well, you're right, next time I want to use a giant cow-tick in my game I guess I'll be out of luck for minis.

Ghengis Ska
17 September 2004, 02:39 PM
They put up a Naboo Soldier today, and made a comment that pretty much says Captian Typho will be made at some point if not in the set.

Reverend Strone
18 September 2004, 01:57 PM
Linky linky tink.... (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=swminis/article/clonestrikepreview2) :)

Hightower
27 September 2004, 10:36 AM
Does WotC generally put up one preview per week? I'm excited to see what else is on deck...

Ghengis Ska
27 September 2004, 11:17 AM
So Far yes, a few months back, before RS, i bugged them and then WotC Rob started putting up a Pic a week, for RS, found in this thread...
Star Wars Miniatures - http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=252173

They were VERY good at doing 1 a week, and showing a nice range of figures from C to VR.

They took a small break after the Release of RS and started again a few weeks ago, so far they have done one each of the three factions
Republic - Naboo Soldier, Fringe - Weequay Merc, and the one from thsi thread.

This ie one of the reasons many people don't like the minis, becuase it has taken away from the RPG, they haven't been doing RPG updates, much if at all during the time of the minis and there are no "strict" RPG books on the calander.

Nova Spice
27 September 2004, 02:42 PM
This ie one of the reasons many people don't like the minis, becuase it has taken away from the RPG, they haven't been doing RPG updates, much if at all during the time of the minis and there are no "strict" RPG books on the calander.

Well, this is the primary reason why I don't like WotC's current setup. I'm fine with the creation of a new Minis line. In fact, I think the Minis are high-quality and are great for use in any RPG group.

However, I don't like the fact that the Minis are overshadowing the RPG in importance.

Hightower
27 September 2004, 04:27 PM
I realize that most of the people on this board are oriented more toward the RPG than the Minis battles.

However, it's gotta be fairly obvious to everyone that WotC can't make everything they want unless they have some serious positive cash flow, right? Star Wars minis will probably become their Cash Cow, allowing them to do more RPG stuff in the future.

Right?:D

Reverend Strone
27 September 2004, 05:12 PM
Indeed, and that is what the minis line is all about- helping to make the RPG line more profitable. They are complimentary lines. If concentrating on the minis in the short term helps guarantee the longevity of the RPG in the long term, that's fine by me.

Ghengis Ska
28 September 2004, 10:02 AM
It is nice to see that everybody is all freindly again, there were some heated debates for some time over the minis and the RPG.

I like them both, and i must say i really like the new minis for the RPG, and it is and always will be my main purchase for them (i buy in bulk to get alot for the RPG) i admit i like the skirmish becuase it can be fun, and found that it helps in the RPG, a random slaughter fest with the minis skirmish ever now and then tends to get the destructive impulses out of the Players and the pcs are less likely to shoot everything and talk more becuase they can do that with the minis game...