PDA

View Full Version : Totally self-indulgent dream mini lists...

Reverend Strone
13 September 2004, 10:37 PM
Okay, this thread is totally self-indulgent fantasy, but then why the heck not?

If I could order up a range of minis tailored specifically to my flavour of gaming needs, here's what I would want. Please share your own wish lists folks! If nothing else it'll be interesting to see if there's any recurring favourites. :)

What I'd love to have in my mini collection-

More Droids-
* some variant astromechs like R4s, R5s, different R2s etc
* Gonk droids!
* Treadwell droid
* RA-7
* R1
* C-3 secretary droid
* Imperial patrol droid

Aliens- lots of 'em-
* Dug
* Toydarian
* Generic Hutt- perhaps Gardulla
* Fat Twi-lek- perhaps Orn Free Taa
* Bib Fortuna
* Red Nikto
* Green Nikto
* Klatooinian
* Sullustan
* Trandoshan
* Another Bothan- maybe Borrsk?
* Amanin
* Chevin
* Gotal
* Tusken Raider with Rifle
* Yakora
* Whiphid
* Elom
* Ugnaught
* Pacithip
* Ortolan
* Gand Findsman- probably Zuckuss
* Ubese Tacker - probably Boussh (amended thanks to D.F.'s sharp eyes)
* Aleena
* Besalisk- probably Dex
* More Rodians
* Bith musician
* Chadra-fan
* Falleen
* Talz
* Gran
* Ishi-tib
* Anx
* Xexto
* Zabrak
* Muun
* Arcona

Generic Human Thugs and Soldiers of various kinds

Critters-
* Rancor (who wouldn't want one?)
* Eopie
* Ronto and Jawa
* Tusken Raider on Bantha!
* Dianoga
* Vornskr

Vehicles-
* AT ST
* Generic land speeders of various kinds

I'm sure I'll think of more once this is done. That's it for now anyway.

Darth Fierce
14 September 2004, 03:33 AM
Interesting, Rev...except Bossk isn't an Ubese, he's a Trandoshan. I'm sure you're actually thinking about Boussh (whose armor was used by Leia in RotJ).

My dream would be that they'd produce a line of NJO minis. Come on...more than one of you would want to play minis if you could take on the Yuuzhan Vong...

Darth Fierce :vader:

Nova Spice
14 September 2004, 05:56 PM
My dream would be that they'd produce a line of NJO minis. Come on...more than one of you would want to play minis if you could take on the Yuuzhan Vong...

I wonder who you're talking about, Fierce? :D

Actually, I wish WotC would expand the Rebel Storm series by 40 minis.

I'd like to see something akin to the following:

Rebellion Era Minis
-Rebel Storm
-Imperial March
-Empire's Shadow

Rise of the Empire Era Minis
-Clone Strike
-Phantom Menace
-Republic Twilight

New Jedi Order Era Minis
-Jedi Eclipse
-Star by Star
-Unifying Force

Nine sets of minis, with 100 minis in each set would be ideal. That being said, other generic sets, such as the following, would be imminently useful.

Galactic Heroes
Galactic Villainy
Galactic Citizenry

Ah well, a man can wish can't he? :)

Maynard
16 September 2004, 01:45 AM
Bigger sets would be cool, but having that big sets would scare off a lot of collectors. Think about that poor sod missing one very rare and has 100 stormtroopers... :)

Sure, you can trade, but not everyone has that chance. I think 80 per set is realistic, as some D&D minis sets are that large, why couldn't SW minis be? I'm certain the next one will be bigger than 60.

Ghengis Ska
21 September 2004, 11:28 AM
Yeah Bigger Sets are a real pain in the Butt they can't make them to0 big for the collector or they will be scared off and they can't make them to big for the Casual Skirmish player, or even the RPG player.

The Casual Skirmisher is the person who only buys about 6 boosters. enough to get some trade fooder and some of the minis in the set. If you have a 100 figure set the casual skirmisher can never be on an even footing with some one who is a collecter. As it is now the difference in a casual gamer and hard core collector in a skirmish match can be lopsided... They would have to much of a barrier to overcome becuase they would have far to little of a set to be competitive. I'm not talking competitive for tournements but being able to play and maybe win a game instead of getting slaughtered.

A 100 set group will also not be that great for the RPG, while it will be cool in the inital stage it makes the prodcut somewhat limited in long term potential. If you make all of the 100 figures that the RPG player wants in the first set then they will never buy another product. This set with about 40 really usable figures for RPG is good that in the next set if we get 40 again then they RPG can trade away the high power not so great RPG figures, for better figures.

Only two D&D sets are over 60, the First Set Harbinger was 80, and Gol was 72, 60 Regular and 12 Huge. Both were bad in some respects, people had to buy ALOT of Harbinger to complete the set, those extra 20 figures, made about 8 extra rares, which made a collection very hard to get, if you add in the VR of SW which is almsot the way the 12 Extra Huge in Gol did, it was a nighmare. th Rare Huge minis killed Gol for me i bought about a case (which was 12 at the time 4 less than a normal case) and like 4 more, and stopped. I didn't have the money to put into GoL at $20 a pack, add in the extra 12 figure, 6 of them Rare and i gave up, bought the one Huge rare i really wanted and ended my Gol Purchases.

60 is a good number, it allows for easy faction breakdowns you can get 6 factions of 10 figures each, 5 of 12, 4 of 15, 3 of 20, 2 of 30. It is a good number from collectiong stand point enough to give some drive and vareity but not to many to scare people off and for distrubution of figures within the set.

Hightower
28 September 2004, 06:52 AM
The more I've thought about this, the more I've gotten used to the idea of a 60 figure set. WotC has done a lot of stuff different from other collectible miniatures games with this set. It took me a while to figure out the advantages and disadvantages, but 60 is actually a pretty attainable number if you are a collector or completist, especially if you shop some of the good online gaming sites.

Stratos
26 April 2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Reverend Strone
Okay, this thread is totally self-indulgent fantasy, but then why the heck not?

If I could order up a range of minis tailored specifically to my flavour of gaming needs, here's what I would want. Please share your own wish lists folks! If nothing else it'll be interesting to see if there's any recurring favourites. :)

What I'd love to have in my mini collection-

<snip>

I'm sure I'll think of more once this is done. That's it for now anyway.

Ok, I thought it would be fun... in light of Alliance and Empire nearing release... to go over the Reverend's old wish list and see who we now have and who is still missing.

Here's who is still missing:
* Treadwell droid
* RA-7
* R1
* C-3 secretary droid
* Imperial patrol droid
* Dug
* Toydarian
* Generic Hutt- perhaps Gardulla
* Fat Twi-lek- perhaps Orn Free Taa
* Green Nikto
* Klatooinian
* Sullustan
* Trandoshan
* Another Bothan- maybe Borrsk?
* Amanin
* Chevin
* Yakora
* Whiphid
* Elom
* Pacithip
* Ortolan
* Aleena
* Besalisk- probably Dex
* Bith musician (we have several Bith but not musicians)
* Chadra-fan
* Falleen (we have Xizor but could use a generic!)
* Talz
* Anx
* Xexto
* Arcona
* Eopie
* Ronto and Jawa
* Dianoga

So, the list is still quite long!
Personally, I really want some Amanin for my gaming because I've used them several times as both specific NPCs and commoners.

Admiral Zaarin
26 April 2007, 02:27 PM
I agree with more aliens and generics, but I'd also like to see more non-NJO EU characters. I also wouldn't mind seeing another set of starships.

LordSei
26 April 2007, 04:46 PM
I agree with more aliens and generics, but I'd also like to see more non-NJO EU characters. I also wouldn't mind seeing another set of starships.

i would definetly have to agree with more non-NJO Eu characaters and more starships...i dont think we can ever have to many starships:)

Darklighter
19 May 2007, 11:46 AM
I, for one, would like some E-wings. :)

Sithspawn
22 May 2007, 02:26 AM
got to agree with wanting more aliens, but disagree with NJO... sorry, just don't like it.

Minis I would like to see

Sith
Freedon Nadd
Naga Sadow
Darth Sion
Darth Revan

Mandalorian
Mandalorian Neo-Crusader
Mandalorian Neo-Crusader with cloaking Device

Old Republic
Nomi Sunrider
Tott Donteeta
Kay Qel-Droma
Master Thon
Master Arca Jeth

Seperatists
Sora Bulq
Morgukai Nikto

Republic
Jar Jar Binks
Gungan Infantry with Shield
Captain Tarpals
Boss Nass

Rebel
General Jan Dodonna
General Madine
B-Wing / A-Wing / Y-Wing Pilots

Imperial
AT-AT Driver
TIE fighter Pilot

Fringe
Beast Rider of Onderon
Marauder of Endor
Dianoga
Whiphid Enforcer
Dug Thug
Toydarian trader
Charon Warrior
Charon Bioscist

Huge
Gorax
Ewok Battle Wagon
White Witch Speeder
Boba Fett on Swamp Lizard

Stratos
22 May 2007, 02:57 AM
Wow Sithspawn - I love your list! Even all the Gungans... which I realize weren't fan favorites in the movies but they played an important role and are greatly unrepresented currently... just like the Ewoks!

But I disagree with your accessment of the NJO. We need characters like Booster and Mirax (Horn) Terrik. Anakin Solo and Tahiri. Tenel-Ka, Vergere, Droma (and generics of his species), Kam Solusar, Kyp Durron, and so many others... more Bothans for sure!

And Legacy minis need to be made as well.

Sithspawn
22 May 2007, 08:52 AM
Love to see some Legacy minis. More KOTOR too :)

wolverine
3 June 2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Maynard
Bigger sets would be cool, but having that big sets would scare off a lot of collectors. Think about that poor sod missing one very rare and has 100 stormtroopers... :)

Sure, you can trade, but not everyone has that chance. I think 80 per set is realistic, as some D&D minis sets are that large, why couldn't SW minis be? I'm certain the next one will be bigger than 60.

Good point, though i wouldn't mind them selling sets just with 'common units' in rather than specials. Say 2 types of imperial scout troopers, one with bikes, one without. 3 reg stormtrooper ones, one with a heavy eweb team, 1 with a pair of missile teams and one just with troopers (and their commander). And the same for rebels/CSA and even droid armies.

Baugar Deldu
9 June 2007, 02:42 PM
I would like to see some combat droids, mabye the SD-9 and tens and the Terminix droid. I also think that the game could use some more
AT-AT size miniatures.

Admiral Zaarin
11 June 2007, 09:09 AM
I'd like to see more era specific sets like Alliance and Empire. Particularly, I'm thinking KotOR/Tales of the Jedi era. There are still a lot of characters from that era they could pull: Arca Jeth, Mission Vao, Zaalbar, Nomi Sunrider, Carth Onasi, Canderous, Canderous as Mandalore, some generic KotOR-style Mandos, etc. I doubt WotC would go for that, though, as it would "narrow the fan base."

Jame
4 July 2007, 01:26 PM
What I'd like is for more human/Zabrak girls with guns.

Also, I want the entire band from Jabba's Palace, Admiral Ozzel and the Emperor's Advisors from RotJ.

Other than that, I'd go with what's already been written.

Stratos
13 December 2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Stratos
We need characters like Booster and Mirax (Horn) Terrik. Anakin Solo and Tahiri. Tenel-Ka, Vergere, Droma (and generics of his species), Kam Solusar, Kyp Durron, and so many others... more Bothans for sure!

And Legacy minis need to be made as well.

Ok, so I'm still championing for the following:
Anakin Solo
Tahiri
Tenel Ka
Ben Skywalker
Droma
Vergere
Kam Solusar
Ky Durron
Booster
Mirax
Killiks
Zekk
Jagged Fel
and more!!!

Evil overlord
13 December 2007, 11:38 AM
I think we need to see a Dark Jacen, Lumniya, alema Ra, and other big shots from Legacy of the Force. i do hope that there put in the New Republic faction though. We barely have enough as it is.

Stratos
13 December 2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Evil overlord
I think we need to see a Dark Jacen, Lumniya, alema Ra, and other big shots from Legacy of the Force. i do hope that there put in the New Republic faction though. We barely have enough as it is.

Agreed on their inclusion although I'd prefer a new new factions if Legacy is actually going out in this game. Use titles from the comics to label the factions and give the character Affinity to be played where necessary. Lumniya would be great but she'd have to be Sith in the current 40ABY or Imperial before that - yet neither faction would serve her correctly in the game for the era (Sith being an "Old Republic" faction).

gmjabreson
5 May 2009, 09:03 AM
I would like to see:

-Deployable AT-AT with opening side compartment to deploy Stormtrooper squads and movable head.

-AT-ST with posable head.

-CAV
-ULAV
-More Rogue Squadron pilots
-More combat vehicles for all factions (AAT, TX130 tank, etc).

Though I do see that some of the wishes previous to mine here are being granted with the newest sets coming out.

One question though, where did the checklists go? Imperial entanglements boosters don't seem to come with them.

Thomas
5 May 2009, 12:49 PM
As always, all I want is my fragging Pelleaon mini. Why is there no Pelleaon mini yet, especially with imperial entanglements.