can anyone tell me what the dimensions and weights are for:
a factory sealed case of booster packs?
a factory sealed case of starter packs?
1 starter pack?
1 booster pack?

thanx

Ghengis Ska
17 September 2004, 02:44 PM
I can get sizes for everything but the Sealed Starter Cases, but not weights, a no scale and b all been ripped open...

I will post when i get home unless someone beats me to it.

Ghengis Ska
17 September 2004, 04:15 PM
a factory sealed case of booster packs? 245 cm tall 240 cm wide 225 cm deep
a factory sealed case of starter packs? don't have one
1 starter pack? cant find it but about 230 tall, 210 wide and 55 cm deep
1 booster pack? 230 cm tall 70 cm wide 55 cm deep

Reverend Strone
18 September 2004, 01:54 PM
Hey NZRPGR, in case you hadn't seen them yet, Graphic on Cuba Street in Wellington have starter packs in their cabinet now. They're retailing for $40. I think they're sold out of boosters- no surprises there, having only ordered one case! They have some minis on display loose too- I must say they look even cooler in person than I had imagined. The online pics just don't do them justice.

NZRPGR
19 September 2004, 05:58 PM
went down and bought a starter from graphic - couldn't resist.

as for those dimension i assume you mean mm not cm otherwise calling it a miniatures game would be misleading when the 'miniatures' stand over 2 metres. be pretty neat though.

any chance someone knows the weight of these sealed cases.

Reverend Strone
19 September 2004, 07:28 PM
I asked the same question in another thread. Apparantly a booster case (12 boosters inside) comes labelled as 4lbs. Someone who actually has one might be able to confirm that.

So what did you think of the contents of the starter pack?

Oh hey, you didn't happen to ask what Graphic had been charging for their boosters before they sold out did you? I forgot to ask- just assumed it would be in the order of $25- way to much if you ask me.

NZRPGR
20 September 2004, 11:34 AM
no, i didn't ask. i rang the wizards of the coast distributors in nz, they said that graphic were the only store in wellington that were 'taking the opportunity' to sell them.

i agree the prices were expensive, considering what you can get them for on that gameoutter.com site.

the contents aren't too bad (i see that you can now download the rules from wizards.com as a pdf). the minis are great, the game sounds enjoyable if a little simplistic - but having a simplistic game isn't a bad thing to jam in between SWRPG sessions.

Hopefully as the game develops there will be support for further balanced maps etc.

i weighed my starter pack it came in at 11 ounces so if a case has 6 packs that should equate to 4.125 pounds