PDA

View Full Version : Lights, Camera, Action!

BRodgers
4 October 2004, 05:29 AM
Thought I would toss this out for the masses:

You will need Quicktime or some other compatible viewer:

http://raptorsquad.net/champtease.mov

This is a teaser trailer for an upcoming documentary I'm working on.

It focuses nt only on the Raptor Squad gaming group but how RPG's affect people and why.

Feel free to ask any questions/leave feedback and of course I'll be posting more info here an on WWW.Raptorsquad.net .

Vanger Chevane
4 October 2004, 01:47 PM
Other than the fact the video is mostly blank & uninteresting, it's good & includes a healthy dose of Dry Wit. :D

At this stage it only gets 1/2 thumb up. :P

BRodgers
4 October 2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
Other than the fact the video is mostly blank & uninteresting, it's good & includes a healthy dose of Dry Wit. :D

Thus the term "teaser".

;)

Vanger Chevane
5 October 2004, 02:59 PM
Teaser or not, the lack of visuals made me believe the video was corrupt & playing it of dubious value at best.

Unsure how you plan to work around that. Maybe a slideshow of a few static images relevant to the soundtrack?

BRodgers
5 October 2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
Teaser or not, the lack of visuals made me believe the video was corrupt & playing it of dubious value at best.

Then, as a Jedi Master once said, you need to learn patience.

The lack of visuals is relevant to the fact the flick is about roleplaying games, a medium where you generally do not have visuals to guide you, and must rely on your imagination to create the scene and adventure in your mind.

Sure, I could have thrown in the entire death star run sequence, but when you are sitting around a table gaming most people do not have a full length movie created by their GM to show exactly what is happening.

By showing nothing but black screen, im forcing the viewer to either remember or imagine what is happening. The one shot that does appear is relevent because it ties together the fantasy and imgination and the mechanics of an rpg.

Plus, again, it is a teaser trailer. A teaser trailer is suppesed to intice or generate interest or at least curiosity, which is what this one sets out to do, and, after much feedback from all others who have seen it, it does just that.

Come on Vanger , work with me here. Do we need to have a "Film and CInema 101" class here in the forum?

Anyway, the trailer is here for those who want to see it.

:rolleyes: