PDA

View Full Version : Any body else have quality problems?

Nazgul
5 October 2004, 03:14 PM
See attached...

Anybody having problems like this?

WotC is going to be kind enough to replace them when I send them in.

Hightower
5 October 2004, 04:08 PM
I haven't gotten anything as damaged as that so far. There is a thread over on the Wizards.com boards about damaged stuff - WotC will replace it.

Ghengis Ska
5 October 2004, 08:08 PM
Nazgul, nice to see you...

I have had a minor problem, my Obi Wans arm was not glued on to great, hadn't come off, but wasn't completly on either..

With some of the VR, and the complicated pieces, up to 3 and even over that i think it is a bit more error prone than the D&D minis which exept for the Rarss, are usalyl just one peice. and go to grat pains to be one piece. Liek the Gnoll Sergtant, that has it's flail molded to the body, while we have legss arms sabers that stick out and in some interesting postitons. For the more detail that they have, i am suprised we don't see more errors.

Nazgul
6 October 2004, 02:11 PM
I have been poking around periodically, but not too much since last year.

The bikers are the extreame cases. I've also had to Rebel commandos whose arms we barely attached. But some superglue fixed those.

I've already sent them to WotC for replacement, but now I have to wait for snail mail. :)

Master Dao Rin
7 October 2004, 12:00 PM
I have too.

One of my Ithorian Scout's arm wasn't glued in. My Rebel Speeder's front end was all a mess too.

I'm just keeping them as a "battle damaged" minis, however. :D

Nazgul
8 October 2004, 09:30 AM
Now if it had been a Luke missing a hand that would have been one thing. But, me I prefer to damage my minis myself instead of having WotC do it for me! :)

Rob_Jedi
4 November 2004, 04:18 PM
I got a gamorrean with no arms at all, wizards said send him in and they'll replace him.

Donovan Morningfire
10 November 2004, 12:24 PM
I guess I have to consider myself fortunate that the only issues I've had to date have been Ithorian Scouts with bent force pikes and the Jedi w/ curved lightsabers.

Nice to hear that WotC is being decent enough to replace badly mal-formed/damaged figures.

farr0095
14 November 2004, 03:33 PM
Got my first captive Leia today, and I'm curious about how her character is "supposed" to be put together. The pictures on the boxes show her with the bladed side of her vibro-axe near the ground. Mine's backwards. Anyone shed some light on this, is it right or wrong?

Beyond that, the blade's a bit bent, but that's become to be expected with the melee characters, I think.

dgswensen
14 November 2004, 11:00 PM
I don't collect these miniatures, so I have no frame of reference ... what's wrong with these?

farr0095
15 November 2004, 12:29 AM
dgswensen, basically some of the items are either faulty when they reach the customer - a failing of the Quality Assurance department - by actually having pieces broken apart, missing, etc. In other cases, the small parts of plastic - such as blades, pikes, etc. - are bent. Bent pieces can be reshaped usually by placing the mini under a hair dryer, remolding the plastic with your fingers when it's pliable, and then dousing it in cold water.

In my case, I am wondering if the mini of Captive Leia I received is faulty (by the weapon being backwards) or if the pictures on the boxes are backwards. The actual piece did not suffer any catastrophic failures, but since WotC is replacing "wrong" pieces, I'm wondering if I should send her in to be replaced.

no_yoda_rebel_storm
17 November 2004, 07:11 PM
I recently purchased the starter set and three cases of the booster packs and found a few problems with the quality of the figures. The bigest being an elite hoth trooper missing both arms and blaster; the royal guards weapons being bent; the ithorian scouts weapons being bent; scout trooper lacking complete paint job; tusken raiders weapons being bent; twi'lek bodyguard staff being bent; and some of the players being bent alittle too much forward or back.

Ghengis Ska
17 November 2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by no_yoda_rebel_storm
I recently purchased the starter set and three cases of the booster packs and found a few problems with the quality of the figures. The bigest being an elite hoth trooper missing both arms and blaster; the royal guards weapons being bent; the ithorian scouts weapons being bent; scout trooper lacking complete paint job; tusken raiders weapons being bent; twi'lek bodyguard staff being bent; and some of the players being bent alittle too much forward or back.

These, the royal guards weapons being bent; the ithorian scouts weapons being bent; scout trooper lacking complete paint job; tusken raiders weapons being bent; twi'lek bodyguard staff being bent; and some of the players being bent alittle too much forward or back, are not really quality issues, the type of plastic that they are made of lends it to that. And is easliy fixed with Hot water or a Hair dryer, put back in the right shape, then Cool quickly.

Missing arms is a problem with quality.