PDA

View Full Version : Stats Needed - Custom Droids

Stratos
12 October 2004, 03:25 PM
Ok... the "official" WoTC Minis site has proved useless so far so I'm coming here to where the pros and my pals hang out...

I'm attempting to convert some MicroMachine Droids from Galoob's old space line into playable SW Miniatures. I would love some ideas or suggestions on their stats. Here's the list of characters.

B'Omarr Monk
EV-9D9
R5-D4
EG-6 Power Droid
8D8
CZ-OR6
2-1B
FX-7
R1-G4
Death Star Droid 5D6-RA-7

Obviously I'll use C-3PO and R2-D2 as base ideas but your creative input is welcome! Thanks!

- Stratos

Tao
14 October 2004, 02:35 AM
Stats can generally be taken from the d20 sourcebooks and simplified. We ran a game with an AT-AT (using the old toy... which is actually almost to scale) not too long ago. One of our players used a horde of Jawas, rationalizing that the ion bonus would apply... we let it slide. The AT-AT still destroyed him :).

Stratos
18 October 2004, 03:40 AM
I've read elsewhere that d20 stats could be applied... but I'm failing to see the conversions. Can anyone help with posting a simple conversions formula?!

Thanks!

- Stratos

satavenger
20 October 2004, 02:30 PM
The problem is there is no formula. There is no easy conversion. I was crunching the numbers, but the lower level figures appear to have a slight formula, but any of the uniques do not. Also, none of the stats on the minis match up with RPG stats.

I asked JD about this and he said there probably was no formula, they just guessed, "this figure is stronger than this figure, this figure is stronger than this figure, etc." (not his quote, my illustration).

I wish there were an easier solution, especially, since I have every Action Fleet micromachine miniature made.

SAT

Ghengis Ska
25 October 2004, 09:02 AM
I have bee doing a lot of work on this and found a few things out

VP+WP=HP.

Attacks are run differnt. even if you should have 2 attacks ( at say +8/+3 in the RPG) you tend to have only one at +8 like han and chewie. becuase they seem to and it does hold true for most skirmishes we run, move and shot alot in the same round. so they just give the one attack at the highest.

Characters with double or triple attack, tend to have the average + a bit for the attack.

but yeah there is no strict formula.

One thing i noticed with droids they all have at lest 30 hp becuase possbiy of jawa... and the 10 and +20 ion damage...