PDA

View Full Version : SW TV Show: When'll it be set?

MikeLynch
14 October 2004, 10:32 AM
So I was talking this over with the wife, and it seems most probable to me that the Star Wars TV show which they apparently really are working on is going to be most likely set during the Clone Wars -- between AOTC and ROTS.

I say this for a variety of reasons:
1) from a design perspective, there's less work to do.
2) I think the producers will decide that anything with the SW name has to involve Jedi. Hence, "classic era" won't work, b/c canonically there's only supposed to be one Jedi running around.
3) the Clone Wars will be fresh on the audience's minds, hence, popular appeal.
4) the setting would minimize EU conflicts.

The second likeliest timeframe, IMO, is the Jedi Purge -- i.e., immediately after ROTS. It meets all of the above criteria except #4, which is the one the Lucasfilm people are least likely to care about.

They *could* also do a TOTJ-era thing, using all-new characters and stuff. George would probably approve it, and it's pretty wide open as far as EU complications, buuuuut-- that era's not nearly as "popular." I would never have even considered the possibility of a TOTJ-era TV show before KOTOR came out and shattered all kinds of records.

Dr_Worm
14 October 2004, 10:54 AM
I think if it happens it will probably be RotE for many of the reason you stated, but I would prefer it to NRE becuase that era above all interests me.

Tao
14 October 2004, 11:51 AM
It has to be during the purge. There is too much open space there between episode 3 and 4, that needs to be fleshed in canonically. There is a lot to cover, beginning with the purge, and the obvious resistance by the Jedi, on into the consolidation of the Empire (the Senate wasnt finally dissolved until Episode 4 remember... thats a long time), as well as the very dramatic descent of Vader (I doubt he will be truly "evil" in one fell swoop... thats a process, people...), and finally the birth of the Rebellion and its early battles. There is a LOT of backstory available, and, truth be told, apart from the Han Solo books, I dont recall having read much about that long, and very interesting era.

Dr_Worm
14 October 2004, 12:29 PM
Young Han Solo...OMG that would be soooo cool if done right. Following the rise of the empire throught the eyes of Solo would be brilliant!

wolverine
15 October 2004, 02:56 AM
I disagree. With all the great novels out there for the EU, i feel many would like to see them taken to the screen, even if only in TV series format.

Nova Spice
15 October 2004, 01:05 PM
I disagree. With all the great novels out there for the EU, i feel many would like to see them taken to the screen, even if only in TV series format.

If it's done right. That's the key issue.

I'd love to see the NJO brought to the small screen--possibly in a computerized format, as opposed to cartoon. That being said, I'd only want this to happen if the television show could replicate the incredibly successful aura of the series.

In other words.

No tinkering with the plots, characters, or emotions of the series. Leave them be. And considering that to do that would require naturally creative minds to abandon their desires for personal creativity, I don't think this would be feasible.

That being said, I think I'd rather see a show that is based on an all-new plot, no matter what time period it's placed in. However, I would like to see it with computerized and digitally rendered graphics, as opposed to the cartoon-like style of the Micro-Series.

The Starship Troopers show immediately comes to mind.

MikeLynch
15 October 2004, 02:27 PM
Did I mention it's going to be live action?

(Presumably with a mix of computer graphics and puppetry alongside the real actors and sets.)

wolverine
15 October 2004, 04:22 PM
What about taking the Xwing series and using them? Or making somethign similar, like they are doing with the Medstar battle medics series of novels???

Darth Fierce
15 October 2004, 08:13 PM
My gut instinct says it will be set in-between Episode III and IV. As has been pointed out, there's a lot of room for developing the Star Wars story up to what we see at the beginning of ANH.

I'd personally love to see a TotJ-esque show, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. A show revolving around the "Tales From/Of..." novels concept would give us insights into heroes and villains that do not make the big screen, but that too is likely a pipedream...

Darth Fierce :vader:

Corwin
12 November 2004, 09:33 PM
I'm with the between ROTS and ANH people. However, I'd really like to see something done between the Sith War and TPM. I heard there was a novel or something that was going to be set in that timeframe, but I can't recall any more detials.

CaamasiJedi49
16 November 2004, 02:55 PM
I also agree that is should be between 3 and 4. I think the story should be heavily character driven, possible of Vader(though JEJ will not live forever), or possible a jedi on the run from the Empire. I have been working on such a concept, and have a crazy dream of making it a tv series, but that is improbable for the forseeable future. Maybe someday that dream will become a reality, but for now I must get the story finished first! Oh well, sorry for going off-track here. Later.

Caamasi Jedi49:plokoon:

GunStar4
20 November 2004, 05:43 AM
I've wanted a Rogue Squadron series for years, ever since the Stackpole/Allston novels and PC simulator games. It could be set in almost any OT time period, with plenty of cameos. It's not too late for Denis Lawson to reprise an older General Wedge Antilles along with a core group of actors/characters for the veterans. Then a rotating cast of new recruits and support staff could introduce new characters from the EU.

QWERTY
21 November 2004, 04:29 PM
Id love it to be the NJO but its proberbly going to be the 3-4 era if at all:(

Qwerty

Nova Spice
24 November 2004, 10:31 AM
Just saw this article at theforce.net

http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.shtml#25309

This is what I was hoping for--an all CGI show. This makes me very happy.

Darth Fierce
24 November 2004, 12:53 PM
Pretty much as I expected, except it wouldn't really be about the Clone Wars if it takes place between Episode III and IV, as indicated in the above snippit...:)

Rostek
24 November 2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Darth Fierce
except it wouldn't really be about the Clone Wars if it takes place between Episode III and IV, as indicated in the above snippit...
Not necessarily... The Clone Wars is a plural, and as yet we've only seen (and by EpIII will only see) one war. It is not out of the realm of possibility that the Clone Wars continue after the proclaimation of the Empire. Of course, we'll have to see EpIII in order to confirm that as a possibility.

MikeLynch
29 November 2004, 09:54 AM
It is not out of the realm of possibility that the Clone Wars continue after the proclaimation of the Empire.
Particularly since it has been strongly implied, maybe even canonically stated outright, that the OT's stormtroopers are clones.

Vall Juradian
22 December 2004, 06:26 PM
pretty sure i read somewhere that it would feature mark hamill are a occasional cast member playing Luke... so unless they do a HUGE makeup job on him, i doubt it will be before Return of the Jedi. heres a Link
IESB Report (http://www.iesb.net/movies2/movie121004.php)

Master Dao Rin
23 December 2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Rostek
Not necessarily... The Clone Wars is a plural, and as yet we've only seen (and by EpIII will only see) one war. It is not out of the realm of possibility that the Clone Wars continue after the proclaimation of the Empire. Of course, we'll have to see EpIII in order to confirm that as a possibility.

The Clone Wars end with the credits of Ep. III with the destruction of Grevious & Dooku and their Separtist army.

The Clone Wars seem to consist of lots of little "bush" wars between Ep. II and III.

Of course, the Rebellion takes up immediately after this so there probably is very little distinction to some.

darth venomous
23 December 2004, 06:00 PM
While the reasons given by MikeLynch are mostly there for the show being placed during the Purge, I think that the Post-NJO can captialize even more on those issues. Take those reasons and show you what I mean.

"1) from a design perspective, there's less work to do."

Well, yes, the setting of the prequel triology is recent enough that it wouldn't be an entirely new place to start designing. But most of the rest of the eras after it have been documented in written, drawn, or manufactered (mostly that of toys and models) form that it wouldn't be that hard for a Post-NJO setting. Most of the stuff that exsisted during the time of the first three movies is still around or slightly modified that you could say that both are almost equal.

"2) I think the producers will decide that anything with the SW name has to involve Jedi. Hence, "classic era" won't work, b/c canonically there's only supposed to be one Jedi running around."

Anything past the founding of the Jedi Academy has the same potential for Jedi.

"3) the Clone Wars will be fresh on the audience's minds, hence, popular appeal."

While I can't depute that it will be fresh in everyones mind, that doen't always correlate to popular appeal. If that was true, whe would still have "My Big, Fat, Greek Life." I mean, I that the people who will see the first season will be SW enthuiasts and generous portion of the Sci-Fi community. Now if it the show airs on the Sci-Fi Channel, their all set. Otherwise, they have to find a may to get those teenie boppers, football jocks, and Spongebob mini-cultists to watch. this is a toss up for either era.

"4) the setting would minimize EU conflicts."

On this one statment I have to disagree. It would actually be prone to make EU conflicts than to avoid. I meean, your talking about a time where like is know, but is trapped between a well documented past and a well document future. The only time frame that I could see minimize EU conflicts would be the Post-NJO era since nothing has been written about it yeat exept for a triology that is do to start some time next year I think.

Now there are two rumors that I want to address that I have no idea the vailditiy of, but seem to fuel a good amount of speculation in other disscussions about this topic.

1.) That the actors of Episode II had in their contracts something to deal with the show.

Now while this seems like a smoking gun for you Purgers out there, we don't know the exact specifications of the contract. What I see is that they have it that if they are in teh movie, the studio would want them back to play their parts in case the even arises that their character comes into the plot line. This is not a totally unimaginable possibilty as Episodes I-III deal with one of the most crucial moments in the history of the SW universe. Even in the books we see the past come back later on to shed light on events unfolding. So while they may be on contract for the show, I doubts that we can safely assume even supporting roles are theirs.

2.) The possibilty of bring back some of the past stars of Star Wars.

This I think came about at least beacuse of Mark Hamill's association with show. Now if this is true, I pray to everything good and wonderful that they take a lesson from Star Trek. Nowadays, everyone knows Harrison Ford is Han Solo, Mark Hamill is Luke Skywalker, etc. When people watch a show or a movie in which a star has a previous role in the universe and revises that role, everyone will come watch. If you look at the epsiodes of TNG or the others, the ones where the old timers or stars from the other shows came on, they did great. Now, take they attempt of bringing Bret Spiner back for a few shos, but not as Data, on Enterprise and lets see if the show will make the magic seven seasons the past three shows did. While the draw of the old stars may be there, people will be more apprehensive and more jugdmental of the show if they play someone other than who they were before. Now that thirty years is on the horizon for the start of this epic series, where else are we going to find an over-the-hill Luke Skywalker.

This is what I think the NJO series has going for itself:

- characters that already exist and have well establiished backgrounds that very in age that can draw a larger target audience.

- the ability to be free and creative since there are no EU conflicts to avoid while the story progresses.

- the only time frame where any actor can play the same character as they did before with a good logical reason.

- Instead of being fresh in the mind, it is a fresh start that has the ability to bing more people in.

Rostek
23 December 2004, 07:34 PM
The Clone Wars end with the credits of Ep. III with the destruction of Grevious & Dooku and their Separtist army
How do we know that?
I mean, it is fair to assume that The Clone War we saw in Ep II dies with them- however, as you so concisely pointed out at the end of your post, the Rebellion (or at least some form of armed resistance) would continue to fight.
With the transition to the Empire, the Seperatists possibly (until we see Ep. III, this is all conjecture on anyone's part) last or rise up for a while until Palply can crush it, since it is no longer under his control.
Of course, we could very well both be right- the Clone War(s) probably refer to an ongoing but non-consistantly hot war between the two powers, the primary fighting of which ends with the destruction of the Seperatists standing army. Of course, the remnants of that group would continue fighting, as well as those that prefered the Seperatists- not unlike the situation in Iraq (no political comment on that, of course). Since the Empire still uses clones, it could technically be considered a "Clone War", as could any of the moves Palpy makes to consolodate power verses any independant groups still outstanding after the "main event" (as it were) is over.
Again, until we get movie evidence either way, this debate is pure conjecture :)

Obi-Two Kenobi
5 January 2005, 11:26 AM
Of course, if the series is going to be CGI, then it could easily be set during the Classic trilogy timeframe, using the characters in pixel form. This may be supported by Mr. Hamillís participation.

Iíd like to see a III to IV series, but Classic would be good too.

Nightsider
8 January 2005, 06:03 AM
Greetings, all. This is my first post on your forums, and I'm glad to be here!

From what I understand from the rumors I've heard, Mark Hamill will be an occasional guest star - the show will focus on all-new characters and will be live-action. I think it will be set in the P-NJO era. Mark Hamill would be age-apropriate for the role; its been 22 real-time years since Return of the Jedi (Luke would have been about 22-23 years old). I believe this is close to the time that has passed in the novels (about 20-30 years after Battle of Endor, I think).

:isd:

MikeLynch
18 March 2005, 10:09 AM
Just got back from Comingsoon.net and they say the Lucasfolks are working on not one but TWO DIFFERENT SW TV shows!!!!

So maybe more of us are right than we thought. Certainly, if I were developing this project, I'd have a hard time deciding on just one era too.

MikeLynch
31 March 2005, 10:16 AM
ITV.com reports:

Star Wars TV show planned?
4.10PM, Thu Mar 31 2005
Rumours that a Star Wars TV series is being planned may just improve the mood of fans mourning the end of the saga.

While George Lucas will not be directly involved in the project, a Star Wars spin-off show following on from 1983's
Return Of The Jedi is under way, according to reports.

Jersey Girl creator Kevin Smith is said to be taking on the project.

It is thought the new Star Wars TV series will feature a mixture of live action and CGI effects.

Word is it will also feature cameos from original stars including Luke Skywalker, played by Mark Hammill.

Nightsider
31 March 2005, 02:26 PM
Cooler and cooler. I'm looking forward to this one!

Jedi Cahlwyn
1 April 2005, 08:14 AM
That's what I'm talking about!

I would LOVE a Jedi Academy based series with Master Skywalker and others making the occasional appearance. It would be GREAT!

Lars Porsenna
7 April 2005, 11:17 PM
Hello all, first post...

I say kudos for the message above. I personally don't find it neccessary for every plot bit to be closed, as was suggested with an ep3 to ep4 bridge series. One of the great things about the OT, in a magical sort of way, was the implied history of the setting. There was no need to explain what the Clone Wars were...you just knew it was some massive conflict in the past. Nor did you need to know the history of the Jedi, etc. We can already surmise what the past history between 3 & 4 already is...its dark. No need to show Vader slicing through Jedi...its implied and a part of the background.

Now, with the series taking place after Ep. 6, its a perfect time to expand the universe (in the same way as ST:TNG expanded the Trek franchise forward, and ST: DS9 & VOY did). On that note, I personally could care less whether it follows the "Expanded UNiverse" canon, or discards it out of hand. I've always had major issues with much of the EU stuff (some were good, others okay, some dismal...IMHO), and I think the more the writers follow their own instincts the better (especially since I consider nothing outside the Movies and official Lucas statements/books/etc to be canon)...

Damon.

proxima centauri
8 April 2005, 06:22 AM
It has to be either Clone Wars period or between Ep III and IV.

Nobody I know cares even one bit about what happens after Endor...

And in my book, the Yuuzan Vongs don't even exists ehehehehehehe :D

Snib Snub
8 April 2005, 07:33 PM
I think a good idea for the show would be to set it between Ep 3 and 4. At first, one thinks (and I think someone here already said) that Vader killing a Jedi every week wouldn't really make for good TV (well, it would for us Vader fans but speaking overall general audience here.)

But then I thought, why introduce Boba Fett in Ep 2? What purpose did he really serve to the story? And now in Ep3, we're being "introduced" to Chewbacca...hmmm...

The TV series could be set in this time frame and be about Han Solo and Chewbacca with Boba Fett as a recurring antagonist. There are only a few books to be careful of stomping on (if they're even concerned with that at all). It's perfect material in my opinion - Han, Chewie, the Falcon, Fett, Slave 1, possibly Lando, they fly all over the galaxy - it has familar elements we all know and love but yet the era is ripe to build on and add new ideas.

Fans would just have to accept someone else playing a younger Han.

Korpil
10 April 2005, 03:35 PM
Everyone might be interested in checking the list of jobs available at Lucasfilm:
http://www.lucasfilm.com/employment/jobs/

Lucasfilm Animation (U.S.)
TV Character Designer
TV Color Designer/Tex Mat
TV Environment Designer
TV Props/EFX Designer

And I wonder, why do they need all these TV-related people? Perhaps a TV show? ;)

VixenofVenus
11 April 2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Snib Snub
Fans would just have to accept someone else playing a younger Han.

I have no problem with that. It would be well worth a 3-4 Era show. But, if Lucas would let them, it would be even better if each episode we saw 1-2 minutes of 'life as a young Skywalker' for each of the twins. We see Leia growing up a princess, Luke growing up a farmboy ... while it would get repetative each week, we'd still love it.

But I think the show would work wonderfully with a Han-centric feel to it ... where Han is basically the main character.

I can envision the premier now ... Han quitting the Imperial Academy to save Chewie the slave ... (chills)

MikeLynch
24 April 2005, 08:14 AM
Update! Lucas speaks at Celebration III. The following summary comes from ComingSoon.net:

Lucas confirmed that they are working on two TV series. One will be a half hour 3-D computer animated series and the other is a live action series. The live action series will star some of the characters featured in the movies, though not the main characters. Lucas will kick-off the series himself. They are planning on writing the entire first season and then shooting Season One all at once. He mentioned Lucasfilm is aiming for a production start in about a year.

Also, George Lucas said that the "Star Tours" thrill ride at Disney-MGM Studios will be getting an overhaul soon. And he confirmed they are working on bringing the early 90's TV series The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles to DVD as well.

Edit: More from TFN

It will be live-action, and based on what he called a "really great idea." They will not started shooting for about a year, and it will be structured much like Young Indy.
I liked the way each Young Indy episode was more or less autonomous. I think we can take this to mean that the SW live-action show will probably be an hour long.

Jonesy
24 April 2005, 03:18 PM
George Lucas also said they were going to have 100 episodes written before filming. It was an awesome experience to hear him talk after not being at a convention for 18 years. I was lucky and sat 4th row right in front of George Lucas. I got a bunch of cool pictures of him and Rick McCallum. Also the first 3 rows in front of me were most of the Lucas people who helped with the film. Someone told me to ask if Ryan Church the concept Design Supervisor could sign my program book and after he signed it he passed it down the row and had Dan Gregoire, Iain McCaig, Robert Barnes, Don Bies, Lorne Peterson and Danny Wagner sign it also. That just helped top off the weekend.:D

MikeLynch
25 April 2005, 06:16 AM
Looks like we have our answer: it's not Classic Era, most likely.

There's a SPOILER in the following TFN article, by the way.

Aayla Secura Talks Star Wars TV Series
Posted By Britany on April 25, 2005

Justin met Amy Allen, who plays Aayla Secura, at Celebration III over the weekend:

I met Amy on Saturday and got her autograph and the usual conversation. I asked her about her status in ROTS. She said that she "does not die" and that she is "hoping that George will call her, in regards to the television series" and that they have briefly discussed a role for her. Whether that is a starring role, or a supporting role, Aayla Secura is mostly confirmed to be a character in the new series.

I'm not sure I would use the phrasing "mostly confirmed" if this was all the info I had, but then, I wasn't there.

In any case, this suggests the series will either be The Jedi Purge (which IMO would be pretty sweet) or something pre-TPM (which could be as sweet, or sweeter).

MikeLynch
25 April 2005, 10:31 AM
More confirmation, this from TheHometownChannel.com:

At first, according to StarWars.com, Lucas said, "There's none of the main characters from I, II, and III" in the series, but stopped mid-sentence and said that "that's not exactly true now that I think about it." He concluded by saying it's hard to answer what will be in the show since it's a year away from going into production.

He added that a lot of issues from the films are connected, but you won't necessarily see a lot of the people that are connected," the site reported.

Darth Fierce
25 April 2005, 02:30 PM
Well, I'm pleased to see that...

Aayla Secura does not get killed off in RotS

if that rumor pans out to be true.

It'd be nice if the spinoff character is her. ;)

More possible good news...there's talk that if the two TV series that have been confirmed go over well, Lucas is considering the development of a KotOR era series also... :)

allisonification
25 April 2005, 08:50 PM
I'm thinking that it'll be set in between episodes III and IV. As it's been said, there's a lot of time in between those two movies, but it allows for many seasons of the television show. ;)

Heck, I'll be happy no matter when it's set.

Fyril
25 April 2005, 09:09 PM
According to a mod at TFN, the 3D animated series will be set during The Clone Wars, between Episodes 2 and 3.

jedi_lucky
27 April 2005, 11:11 AM
i am thinking new republic time period but i have to admit i would love to see the NJO series done!

lucky
:xwing:

Kordeth
27 April 2005, 12:46 PM
Lucas has confirmed that there will be a 3D-animated continuation of the Clone Wars cartoon, and that the live-action series will be set between Episode III and IV and will feature peripheral characters from the movies.

Treefrog
27 April 2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Kordeth
Lucas has confirmed that there will be a 3D-animated continuation of the Clone Wars cartoon, and that the live-action series will be set between Episode III and IV and will feature peripheral characters from the movies.

That's a bummer! I really was hoping for an NJO series, so that Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher could reprise their characters - they're the right age.

Nightsider
27 April 2005, 05:58 PM
I have to agree...seeing our old favorties back would have been fun.

:isd: :isd: :isd:

Kesh Phenko
8 May 2005, 06:49 PM
I'd love to see Anderson's 'X-Wing' novels done for the small screen... The adventures presented in those novels are, in my opinion, a great example of what the SW galaxy is like.... A second season for the 'Wraith Squadron' arc would be a possibility that way. CGI or live action would be fine, but I think that CGI would make it easier to make a reality...

hisham
8 May 2005, 08:49 PM
GEORGE Lucas is bringing the force back to Sydney. The writer-director of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith confirmed he will bring production of a live-action television series to Sydney.

"I am looking forward to coming back and working there some more," Lucas told The Daily Telegraph.

"We're going to do a live action show based on minor characters in the Star Wars series.

"It's a different world unto itself between episodes three (Revenge of the Sith) and four (Star Wars: A New Hope)."

Yay! More news straight from the Papanoida's mouth! Read more here. (http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1260&storyid=3089916)

wolverine
9 May 2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Kesh Phenko
I'd love to see Anderson's 'X-Wing' novels done for the small screen... The adventures presented in those novels are, in my opinion, a great example of what the SW galaxy is like.... A second season for the 'Wraith Squadron' arc would be a possibility that way. CGI or live action would be fine, but I think that CGI would make it easier to make a reality...

I think you are meaning stackpole and Aaron alston. Anderson did the Jedi Academy, and Darksaber.

Darth Fierce
14 June 2005, 04:01 AM
For those of you who don't know...Lucas has dropped a hint as to who the main character of the TV show might be...

--Is it Qunlan Vos? No.
--Is it Han? No.
--Is it Aayla Secura? That would be yummy, but no.

The character who might (and I stress might) be the lead is none other than...

Jar-Jar!!! Just kidding...;) The true possible main character is Boba Fett. It makes sense from a certain point of view...Lucas would finally be able to really take advantage of the popularity of Fett that Lucas never expected. And if Fett is the main character, we might finally learn the history behind those two words "No Disintegrations!"

Take that spoiler for what you will...

MikeLynch
14 June 2005, 04:59 AM
That would also explain why Lucas apparently corrected himself when trying to decide whether the character in question constituted a "major" character or not. Certainly the character you mention is not "major" in the Prequels.

Good thinking about the Vader line. That was one of the main disappointments for me in the Prequels -- the absence of an explanatory scene between Anakin/Vader and the character you mention.

That, and the strange disappearance of Aurra Sing. :raised: Somehow I suspect all the Utapau stuff might have been a little less silly if *she* had made the final cut as the Jedi-hunter, instead of Grievous. But I digress.

Jame
14 June 2005, 09:39 AM
I'm hoping that it's either between the trilogies, during the OT or before the NJO.

Koawinter
3 July 2005, 09:20 PM
I was torn between the NJO and the Jedi Purge, but chose the Jedi Purge because of the missing information, there is so much that should be done. I don't think they should do the clone wars simply because they had a cartoon about it, why would they need to do a television series... besides if they did the Jedi Purge you could do almost all new characters (well more like young old characters).

Night who says ni
8 July 2005, 06:14 PM
As long as they dont re-do any book that have been written, people have a bad history of ruining the picture of the character I have in my mind, OTHERWISE it would be awsome doing NJO or X-wing.

it would be AWSOME if the character noted by Darth Fierce be the main character in the serice. Again if they dont ruin him.

BrianDavion
9 July 2005, 12:19 PM
the series will be set between E3 and E4, and.. I've heard rumors that it will revovle around the adventures of a young luke skywalker.

I pray to god this is not the case

FlipDog 2000
9 July 2005, 03:23 PM
I actually wouldn't mind a KotOR. But I'm talking about when the Jedi were simply just philosophers and alchemists. You know..the beginning of the Golden Age of the Sith. No lightsabers, limited hyperspace...yeah.

But that'll never happen.

Master Dao Rin
11 July 2005, 10:33 PM
It won't be about any of the main characters of the Star Wars Saga. Lucas himself has said it will be about the bit characters in the prequels.

Thus, we could resonably expect Boba Fett, but more than likely about a Jedi or two having escaped Order 66 and are being hunted down or some such.

Or more along the lines of another Ewok Adventure series, but be about Jar-Jar's kids or something.

:D

Lord Kjeran
12 July 2005, 07:09 AM
Chello!

Originally posted by Master Dao Rin
It won't be about any of the main characters of the Star Wars Saga. Lucas himself has said it will be about the bit characters in the prequels.

You mean...we could see more of.... ::cerean::

Hoody Hoo!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Tony

Korpil
12 July 2005, 07:24 AM
I don't think so... Ki-Adi-Mundi is officially dead.

http://blogs.starwars.com/holocron/9

Lord Kjeran
12 July 2005, 08:25 PM
Chello!

That's true...but I meant if it's a prequel to the prequel thing

FlipDog 2000
13 July 2005, 08:57 AM
All I've heard is that it'll be the rise of the Empire time between Ep3 and 4. And last I head about some blue-skinned female Twi-lek (mmm). But it can't be Aayla cause she is SO totally dead. Depressing to see that beautiful of a Jedi get gunned down...sigh. Wish I could find a nice Twi-lek girl... :P

ANYWAYS...I still think old school would be fun to watch.

Overall though, I just worry about a TV show...as if Lucas isn't rich enough...have you seen all the garbage...like the "Vader-O's" part of a nutritious breakfast.

Lord Kjeran
13 July 2005, 05:39 PM
Chello!

Horrible thought i ahd at work today guys:

Originally posted by Master Dao Rin
Lucas himself has said it will be about the bit characters in the prequels.

That also means that we cold potentially see more of: :gungan:

Oh the HORROR!!!!!

Tony

Korpil
13 July 2005, 05:42 PM
Maybe this time we'll get to see how Anakin (I mean Darth Vader.. sorry, old habits) kills him!!!!!

(lighting a candle! please St. George!)

wolverine
14 July 2005, 02:20 AM
That would be fun...

FlipDog 2000
14 July 2005, 09:48 AM
I wouldn't call JarJar a "bit character." Maybe in 2 and 3, but he was totally comic relief in 1.

Master Dao Rin
14 July 2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Korpil
Maybe this time we'll get to see how Anakin (I mean Darth Vader.. sorry, old habits) kills him!!!!!

(lighting a candle! please St. George!)

Of course, Jar-Jar's twins will come back and kill Anakin - I mean Darth Vader.

Then, of course, the EU will ret-con Vader into clone existence like his father before him - I mean, Palpatine, who is like Anakin's father.

So, the Darth Vader Luke redeems isn't the REAL Darth Vader, and this will be used to explain why Anakin's force ghost appears as it does in RotJ.

Do I know EU or what? :D

Nightsider
18 July 2005, 01:17 AM
Huh?

:isd:

Zeb
20 July 2005, 06:51 PM
I'd Say NJo. Sence we've never seen it on tv or in the movies. It's only been shown in books. Thanx for your time.

hisham
20 July 2005, 07:05 PM
The 30-minute CGI Clone Wars series, according to the starwars.com ComiCon report, will be set between Ep 2 & 3.

cheshire
21 July 2005, 07:11 AM
I was pretty sure I heard Rick McCallum say that it was between 3 and 4, but I'm not going to argue with starwars.com.

hisham
21 July 2005, 07:15 AM
There's also the live action series... that might be between 3 & 4.

Korpil
21 July 2005, 07:20 AM
According to the conference in the past Comic-Con there are some official news about the TV shows:

1. The Clone Wars animated series will feature 3d animation, Toy Story-like, but expect it to be influenced by anime. This will definitely be set between episodes 2 and 3.

2. They will wait to set the animated series in motion before committing to the larger live-action series, so there's no news in that aspect other than it is a serious project.

hisham
21 July 2005, 07:29 AM
What I'm really interested in, Mario, is how they'll be portraying clonetroopers in a favorable light after their Order 66 portrayal in ROTS.

Korpil
21 July 2005, 07:31 AM
Without entering in a pointless I-did-it-because-my-nazi-commander-ordered-me debate, I also think it will be hard to do... so I just hope they focus on something else than the troops... although I doubt it....

Besides... if it's already been done in several books, comics, videogames, the cartoon series, etc... why revisit that particular era?

Spinfist
4 August 2005, 05:31 AM
EDITED: I found Darth Fierce had already covered what I was gonna say in a spoiler box. I read some interviews and what nots a week or so ago and they support his theory. Not sure if it's really spoiler material since it was right there in an interview about the show but I'll play it cool anyways. :-) I'd pull up the links to the stuff I found but I'm posting in between working on machines here at work.

To those who missed Darth Fierce's comments, it's currently supposed to follow the teenage Boba Fett. They're even looking at casting the kid that played Boba in Ep II, though he's not so little anymore. There was a pic of him on one of the sites I was reading.