PDA

View Full Version : Anyone home? Anyone awake?

Hightower
23 October 2004, 06:54 AM
Boy, things are sort of dead around here...

Is anyone playing the game? Is anyone using the minis for RPG? Is anyone on this board making up scenarios or drawing new tiles?

I don't have the talent for drawing stuff, but I've downloaded a few. I've played all the scenarios I can find, mostly with my 8-year old son. He like playing the game, but I need to let him win sometimes to keep him interested. There is usually a pick-up game going on at my local game shop, but it's hard to block out the time to go over there and just play for a few hours.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Nova Spice
23 October 2004, 07:22 AM
Boy, things are sort of dead around here...

Something you need to get used to when perusing the forums, is that when there's nothing to be discussed, there probably won't be any discussions. ;)

And if I'm not mistaken, some folks including Moridin, posted in this forum yesterday.

Now, if this forum were to go like sixty days without people posting, I could see your case. But that doesn't happen in the main forums. ;)

Reverend Strone
23 October 2004, 12:11 PM
Well I've been buying the minis, but so far I haven't had the time to play with them either in the mini game or in an RPG. I look forward to doing so sometime, but for the moment the joy for me is in the collecting.

Ghengis Ska
25 October 2004, 08:47 AM
I stop by every now and then and yes playing the Minis about weekly, and using them for the RPG... just we are in kind of a Slow spot, UM:RS doesn;t come out for another two+ weeks, CS info is dribbling out, and isn't due till Dec, there isn't alot to talk about... so i don't.

Mapmaker
25 October 2004, 10:27 AM
I completed my Rebel Storm set and am looking ahead to the release of Ultimate Missions and Clone Strike. :)

I suspect when those are released, you'll see a lot more activity in this forum. :)

Donovan Morningfire
25 October 2004, 04:01 PM
Well, like the others have said, this is a pretty new game, but in a few more months this place should be much more lively.

Strone,
Shame about not having anyone in your area that plays. It is a surprisingly fun game, and quick to learn too.

BTW, given the sneak previews listed for Ultimate Missions: Rebel Strom, am I the only one that isn't hyped up about it? So far all we've seen in scenarios, and if all the book is a collection of scenarios, this might be the first WotC non-card game Star Wars item I don't buy.

Reverend Strone
25 October 2004, 09:09 PM
Strone,
Shame about not having anyone in your area that plays. It is a surprisingly fun game, and quick to learn too.

Thanks Donovan. Actually, players is not a problem- I know quite a number of folks here who play it- it's getting the time to do so, but thanks for the sentiment. :)

It will be interesting to see what else the UM books will contain. There's not much info in the public domain yet.