PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Q:TU Imperials

Gyp Ryol
1 November 2004, 02:01 PM
Greetings and salutations!

Welcome to the Out of Character thread for the Imperial faction of Quadrant: Tetrad's Umbra. I'm Gyp Ryol, GMing this little shindig along with coldskier0320, who will hopefully making an appreance here soon.

Get comfortable, grab some snacks, subjugate a few aliens if the mood strikes you. The Galactic Empire will soon unveil Operation Star Sweeper!

coldskier0320
1 November 2004, 04:18 PM
Hi, everybody, I'm here as well. Feel free to ask either of us any questions. I've GMed several adventures, and I know Gyp has played in several campaigns that I, also have been a part of, and I can vouch for his excellence when it comes to making the game memorable. That said, I want to let everyone know that I want to be your friend first and foremost and your GM after that. I want you to know you can be able to trust me and that although I'd like to also be your friend, the game is strictly business, and my personal opinon of you will not come into play (pardon the pun), as far as the game is concerned. I'm very approachable, even over the internet, and I'd like everyone to have my new AIM screen name:

ShadowOfApollyon

That said, Ronin and myself worked on this first adventure when he thought he could help GM, however, with Gyp now holding the reins I'm sure he'll add a bit of his own flavor to the mix for a thoroughly enjoyable RP. So sit back, relax and enjoy!

May the Force Be with Us All,

cold

johnnyputrid
1 November 2004, 04:25 PM
Bring on the Rebel scum. They stand no chance against the sheer might of the Empire. All hail Palpatine, may his reign last a thousand years!

Now, if we could just get rid of that pesky Skywalker kid....

Rostek
1 November 2004, 04:39 PM
Alright boys (and lady :daala: ) your chariot (and driver, which is to say me awaits).
Ho hum, another day at work, as my government/employer subjugates worlds, species, and whatnot, but I get my own ship to fly around in!

Gyp Ryol
1 November 2004, 06:33 PM
Gosh, cold, you make me feel all cold and hearless after that intro. Um, so, in an attempt to better my image, yeah, whatever cold said goes for me too!

I can vouch for his excellence in making a game memorable.

Well, goodness, thanks for that! Makes me feel all warm inside. Or maybe that's just gas. Hmmm. A perplexing conundrum.

Ringlord816
2 November 2004, 05:36 AM
reporting in, sir

blivengo
2 November 2004, 07:04 AM
All hail Palpatine! Glory to the Empire!

Bliv Engo reporting in for Operation Star Sweeper.

Gyp Ryol
2 November 2004, 12:43 PM
Hmm. Curious. I don't seem to have stats for you, Mr., um, Engo. Did you send them to me or cold?

blivengo
2 November 2004, 01:04 PM
Well...um...the thing about that is...hey, look over there! *points to something on the horizon*

Anyway...I didn't send it to anyone yet, but I just wanted to let you know I'm in...

red5_5
2 November 2004, 01:51 PM
Checking In! :) I'll have my background to you at the latest by Friday.

Gyp Ryol
2 November 2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by blivengo
Well...um...the thing about that is...hey, look over there! *points to something on the horizon*

What? Where? Is it the dragon?

coldskier0320
3 November 2004, 06:12 PM
Do we have everyone?

Also, Gyp, I think ill need another email with a player guide telling me who plays whom. :)

If everyone, or mostly everyone is in, I can post the first post in the new thread that we'll start. (Gyp, if I may, I'd like the honors :P, I've been in the mood to write lately, or if not, I can write and send you a draft). There will be time for a meet & greet, so stragglers will have a chance to get caught up to speed whi9le everyone learns about their peers. So, Gyp, think we're ready?

Gyp Ryol
4 November 2004, 05:55 AM
Yes, yes we are ready indeed. [Insert dramatic villian laughter, building in volume and intensity.]

coldskier0320
4 November 2004, 08:53 AM
OK, then, look for a first post either tonight or tommorow afternoon, EST. I should be able to get it on the 'Net by then...;)

Rostek
4 November 2004, 01:13 PM
First IC post up!
Well, I've got a Question... has Gyp got my back story to you yet cold? I've got a ready made transport for us (or rather, an undertermined vessel with a name and basic task name). Also, I've been wondering about rank. I started off as a senior Lieutenant. Gyp thought a Captain (since I do command patrol ship), would be correct. I think at most Lt. Commander (more likely Senior Lieutenant) would be appropriate, since this is low level (both IC and in terms of the ship size/power) after all.
So could I get a clarifacation on that before I post IC?

johnnyputrid
4 November 2004, 02:10 PM
If you command a ship of any size, you are called Captain, regardless of what your actual military rank might be. Senior Lieutenant for your ranks sounds right to me, even though you will be called Captain aboard your ship.

Rostek
4 November 2004, 04:26 PM
If you command a ship of any size, you are called Captain, regardless of what your actual military rank might be.
That much I knew (Hence the sig referance ;) El Capitan! )
But it's good that it's not just me thinking the Captain rank is a bit high.

Gyp Ryol
7 November 2004, 04:03 PM
See, it's a good thing we have someone like johnny, otherwise your promotions would involve admiralships or something likewise unrealistic. :)

Anyone seen red5_5? I think red's pulled one of those famous disappearing tricks again.

red5_5
7 November 2004, 06:04 PM
I'm here! Sorry for the dissapearing act. :) First quarter of school is done, so I now have more free time. I'll have my background to you tomorrow.

Tao
9 November 2004, 06:33 AM
hey i just sent you my character sheet and am waiting with baited breath (whatever that means) for the okay... i couldnt find the character creation rules though, so i just sent him at first level. i have the stats for 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 8th as well (he was a reocurring NPC in one of my first campaigns... I always wanted to play as him... this is a dream come true!). anyways... i have already written my first post, but i figure it best to await the final call before posting.

coldskier0320
9 November 2004, 01:10 PM
Tao, you can find everything you need to know in the regular Information Updates in the "HoloNet PbP Open to Everyone" thread in the traders infonet forum. I'd suggest checking out those guidelines, making sure your PC fits into them, adjusting as necessary, then submitting your final, fourth level character to Gyp. Tho, your first level version should be enough for him to give you the go ahead to post. Your stats arent coming into play just yet, i hope. :D

Gyp Ryol
9 November 2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Tao
I always wanted to play as him... this is a dream come true!

Tao, we GM's are in the business of making dreams come true.

Ooo, yes! I've always wanted to use that corny line!

Rostek
9 November 2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Gyp Ryol
Ooo, yes! I've always wanted to use that corny line!
So scratch number 219 off of Gyp's "Things to do before I die" list. ;)

Gyp Ryol
16 November 2004, 04:33 PM
Oh, man. I just want to let you guys know that it is a joy to sit down at my computer and read through that IC thread. I absolutely love the character dialogue goin' on right now. Excellent work, everybody! Making the GM happy could be a precursor to better and brighter things...

Or maybe not... :D

coldskier0320
17 November 2004, 10:15 AM
Just wanted to give you guys time for your shindig (glad youre doing that!). Also, I'll second Gyp in the applause for great dialogue. I'm working on all that equipment as well. Oh, and if you guys have any suggestions for us, feel free to let us know. And we promise not to get aggrivated at your suggestions, if you promise not to get aggrivates if we dont use em :P. But in all seriousness, folks, youre doing a great job and its a pleasure gaming with ya.

cold

Tao
17 November 2004, 04:31 PM
oh... and for the record, i am not as antisocial as my character... i promise. actually, hes really not so bad if you can get him to warm up to you... hes just been through a lot lately. ;)

johnnyputrid
17 November 2004, 05:19 PM
Actually its working out well that way, Tao. Playing your character as an anti-social type contrasts brilliantly with the way the rest of us are playing. Even at the start, nobody trusts one another, expect for myself and Rostek, who are playing the officer roles to the hilt. The distinct lack of trust between all of the characters, and the "split" between the Imp military-types and the Imp agents is going to make this one hell of an interesting ride. Its actually very common in the military for officers to hang out only amost their own ranks, and for soldiers of all types to mistrust agents, spooks and civilian 'outsiders'. The reverse is also true, most agents and spooks don't like boorsih military types. I've never played an officer-type character, so for me this is a chance to draw upon my experiences as a soldier to present a view of the 'officer world', as it were. And to portray an officer accurately, I'm going to have to respond in certain ways to certain situations, one of which is not trusting non-military types.

I've never enjoyed RPG sessions where all of the characters immediately liked each other. Its totally unrealistic, so this is great. Building tension and playing of off one another's comments is what makes it work so well. This is one of the reasons I've come to enjoy PbP RPGing. The challenge of defining a character with only a few lines placed in a small box is what makes this so much fun. So please, don't take anything personally. If one of us doesn't reactly warmly to your character, it has nothing to do with you, the actual person.

The reason I suggested having a few drinks as a group is to enable the PCs to 'bond' a little bit. I didn't know if the GMs would appreciate it or not, but drinking together is a common ritual in the military. After hours, enlisted men go out drinking and start fights, while officers usually gather at the commander's house for cigars and brandy. I would imagine that even in the Empire, these rituals remain in place. I certainly didn't mean to thwart any plans for us the GMs might have had, but its great that they're letting us steer events for a brief while. I just have this funny feeling that the eventual payback is going to be hell.:D

coldskier0320
17 November 2004, 06:57 PM
I've never enjoyed RPG sessions where all of the characters immediately liked each other. Its totally unrealistic, so this is great. Building tension and playing of off one another's comments is what makes it work so well. This is one of the reasons I've come to enjoy PbP RPGing. The challenge of defining a character with only a few lines placed in a small box is what makes this so much fun. So please, don't take anything personally. If one of us doesn't reactly warmly to your character, it has nothing to do with you, the actual person.

jp, in a nutshell, you've pretty much defined what I consider mature, dynamic gameplay. Thank you. I too love the tension that you've all managed to create, and I will love to see how it affects your mission (and the next!). And as a note to everyone, the interesting opportunity we have here with the characters not immediately befriending one another is a character development gift, not a hindrance. Just let's all act responsibly and neither take PC actions personally nor hide behind the character to be rude. Though i know that pointer was unnecessary, as were all competent gamers here. ;)

Tao
6 December 2004, 04:55 AM
umm... we seem to have experienced a slight slowdown in gameplay... yall still alive and well?

coldskier0320
6 December 2004, 07:08 AM
Yeah, if everyone's had enough time to mett, greet, and mingle, I can go ahead and jump back in. I was just giving you people some time to do some character interaction. If everyone's finished, we can move along. :D

coldskier0320
9 December 2004, 07:32 AM
*bump*

Is everyone still well? I need some feedback here. We haven't had an IC post in well over a week, guys, what's wrong? If youre waiting on a GM post from me, say so, I can post and move things along whenever you're ready, but you need to let me know that.

Rostek
9 December 2004, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I think we're bantered out ;)
GM postitize us, my man B)

coldskier0320
9 December 2004, 07:31 PM
OK, look for a post from me in the IC thread over teh next couple of days, hell, maybe even tommorow. Though even at this hour, its shaping up to be a stunningly rotten weekend, so don't count on anything from this sect as a given.:(

Gyp Ryol
31 December 2004, 09:20 AM
*bump*

Hallo out there! It's been awhile since anyone has posted here or in the IC thread. So, according to my particular idiom, can I get a little "hello, yes, I am alive" post from anyone who's still watching?

Much obliged! I'll put up a little something on the IC thread just to spice things up.

Rostek
31 December 2004, 04:14 PM
I live- (evil laugh) ;)

coldskier0320
31 December 2004, 05:06 PM
Glad were not dead yet, I'm still kickin.

Ringlord816
1 January 2005, 04:21 AM
hey all, i'm still here

Tao
3 January 2005, 04:36 AM
just back from a week of snowboarding. ill be coming and going for the next month or so, but i should be posting fairly regularly.

Gyp Ryol
4 January 2005, 05:06 PM
I know red's still around, and jp is posting on some of the other threads, so that just leaves blivengo...

johnnyputrid
4 January 2005, 07:14 PM
Somehow I got unsubscribed from this thread. Guess I hit the wrong link or something. Anyways, I'm still around. Let's get it on.

blivengo
15 January 2005, 07:30 PM
I LIVE!

My bad guys, life kicked up a notch around the holidays, and things have just started to settle down...I'm hoping to catch up with everything before midday tomorrow so we can get this ball rolling again...also, I feel jp's pain on the subscription deal...I haven't been e-mailed about new replys to any of my threads for a long while...weird...anyway, I'll be up to date tomorrow, and I'm excited to get back into the swing of things...

Gyp Ryol
16 January 2005, 06:44 AM
Good to hear from everyone! Once our lovely strike force hits planetside, I'll be taking over full GM-induced torture, er, uh, duties. Yeah, duties. Heh heh.

red5_5
22 January 2005, 06:22 PM
I'm here and ready to go again! :D

red5_5 :skypilot:

coldskier0320
22 January 2005, 06:43 PM
OK, I spose after its been quiet for a month, nobody wants to get anything else in, the ship shall launch shortly.

Rostek
24 January 2005, 08:19 AM
Sounds great to me cold- I'm ready to blast some Rebs ;)

coldskier0320
24 January 2005, 09:44 AM
At long last, the IC post is up. This little fling is Gyp's baby now, though I'll be lending a hand here and there. Enjoy, and let's do try and prevent another hiatus like that. :)

Gyp Ryol
27 January 2005, 05:07 PM
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha! Prepare to witness the power of this fully operational Gamemaster! You may fire when ready, Commander.

Scratch #436 off the list of "Things I Need to Do Before I Die."