PDA

View Full Version : Raiding Sunfire Outpost (WotC website)

S-Hershey
11 November 2004, 06:58 PM
Today, Wizards of the Coast posted my first SW Minis scenario to their website:

Raiding Sunfire Outpost
A Scenario for Star Wars Miniatures
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=swminis/article/sunfireoutpost

Good luck and have fun!

Nova Spice
14 November 2004, 01:17 PM
Looks great. ;)

I like scenarios like this much better than the others that have been previewed. Branching away from the film scenarios is probably a good direction for WotC to move toward. Folks can pretty much create those scenarios all on their own.

Jughead
17 November 2004, 11:49 PM
I didn't have enough Tusken Raiders, nor some of the Imperial troops required for the scenario when I tried it out a couple of days ago, but I did try it out anyway with an Imperial and attacking Rebel squad of about 60 points each.

It was great fun. The Rebels, taking some early casualties in the skirmish, boxed their remaining troops into the weapons locker and managed to withstand the Imperial siege.

So, nice job. I look forward to trying it out again.

Does anyone know anywhere else I can find other similar scenarios besides the WotC website and the Ultimate Missions book (which I've yet to buy, but soon!)?

And... Hi everyone, this is my first post here. (Please don't haze the newbie! :D )

S-Hershey
18 November 2004, 07:54 PM
Glad you enjoyed the scenario. I tried to make it very adaptable, knowing that there is great variety in what figures people own.

Actually, I don't have enough Tusken Raiders either, so I had to use a variety of other figures to fill in their ranks. At our local game convention this past weekend, I did have the opportunity to play with the correct number of Raiders, thanks to the local WotC Delegate. It's impressive to see, especially if when they surround their opponents (like the stormtrooper on the dewback).

Jughead
19 November 2004, 09:51 PM
I ended up having to make due without a Sandtrooper on Dewback as well, since I still don't have one.

I guess one could make a similar Hoth skirmish and in that one Imperials could use Snowtroopers, etc.

Has anyone tried that Sore Loser's scenario off of WotC? I've tried it three times already and unless the Bespin team just makes an all out dash for the end they never seem to win.