PDA

View Full Version : IC: Q:TU Rebel #1



red5_5
13 November 2004, 10:48 AM
[Camera pans up to see a YT-1300 Freighter exiting hyperspace over a blue and green planet]

The beat up and battered YT-1300, named the Last Chance, leaves hyperspace quickly and speeds toward the planet Eden, which houses a secret Rebel Base. There are no other starships in the vicinity, leaving the Chance alone in the vacuum of space.

[Cut to the cockpit of the Last Chance]

The silent cockpit is filled with four beings: two Farghul, a Human, and a Gungan. The two Farghul occupy the front seats and the two other occupants sit behind. Paps Halo, one of the Farghul, manages all of the ships systems from the pilot seat. The other Farghul, Taps Halo, mans the communication systems from the co-pilot seat. Sitting behind Paps is the Human, Kelvin Radegant, a member of the Rebel Alliance. Finally, the Gungan CorSec Agent Tobler Grizbain sits next to Kelvin.

The silence is broken by an incoming transmission. “Unidentified freighter, you have entered Rebel space, please identify yourself. Failure to do so will result in fighter deployment.”

[Fade out to Rebel base lounge]

The lounge is full of off-duty Rebels. The room has an entertainment holoprojector, currently playing a holodramas, a few tables where games of chance are being played, and couches where some soldiers are catching up on their sleep. Most beings are enjoying intoxicating beverages, using the drinks to get away from the everyday grind of the Rebel life.

Noticeably, there are two pilots, Vooko Zeelas and Cinowyn Antilles, that are not involved in the games of chance or the drinking. They are still in their flight suits and have their comlinks on. The pilots are on duty, but they are not called until a space born threat emerges from hyperspace.

They sit and watch as the other Rebels enjoy their time off. The room is noisy and the two barely hear the beep of their comlinks. A voice comes over the comlink, “Zeelas, Antilles, report to the docking bay immediately, we have an unidentified starship in the vicinity.”

[Cut to docking bay]

Maintenance techs hurry around the docking bay, fixing starfighters and speeders. Tia Nebular, one of the best techs available at the base, is working on the base’s two A-wing starfighters. These two fighters, one of them being Vooko Zeelas’ personal starship, are currently warmed up for emergency take off. Tia goes about her work carefully, double checking everything. As she works, her comlink goes off. “Nebular, this is the command center, get those A-wings prepped for take off. Antilles and Zeelas are on their way.”

(OOC: Ok everyone, time to post! A map of the base will be coming soon.)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 November 2004, 09:25 PM
Kelvin broke the silence, "Frak, don't they know they'd be shootin at thier own kin? I hope this don't get ugly, 'cause I get space sick real fast, and it really does get ugly when I get sick..." and finished with a grin

Turning to the Gungan sitting beside him, "So, Tobler, how about you? You get space sick?"

Gyp Ryol
14 November 2004, 11:20 AM
Tobler Grizbain, Gungan CorSec officer, shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Without looking at the Human, the tall and lanky Gungan shook his head. "No. Meesa no--" He pauses. "I do not get space sick. Livin' in wadder help that." Almost unnoticeably, Tobler winces at the sound of his own voice. What is obvious, however, is the amount of concentration the Gungan puts into his speech and diction.

He rubs the back of his neck as he peers out the front viewport. What meesa doin' 'ere? Meesa no bombad policeman. Meesa just the CorSec kick-roundie. Meesa supposen to be catchen sabaac cheaters, not goin' to no Rebel base where meesa might get shootin' down. Aye yie yie, lamnets Tobler silently.

He taps one of the two cat-like aliens on the shoulder. "They know weesa--" Again, a small pause. "That we are coming?" says Tobler, trying very hard to speak correctly.

Ris
14 November 2004, 12:35 PM
-Rebel Base Lounge-
Even in her flight suit & chestbox, Lt. Wynn Antilles seemed more or less comfortable. She was sitting in a chair, booted feet propped on a makeshift footstool--a crate with a ragged towel folded on top of it. Every so often she glanced around the room or sipped at her soda--she didn't like caf. For the most part, though, she just read the holonovel on her datapad. It wasn't that great, but it was new to her. It was from her brother, in the Corps of Engineers, & had arrived along with a well-censored letter.

Wynn ran a hand through her thick, chin-length, auburn hair, fighting boredom. She was new to Eden Base & didn't know anyone very well yet, or she might have wandered over to one of the game tables just to watch. As she picked up the soda once more, she got the comm message. She gulped the rest of the liquid as she stood & then grabbed her helmet. "Copy, Control," she aknowledged. At the door she called to her wing, "C'mon, Zeelas. Maybe it's real this time."
In the docking bay, she ran straight to her fighter, with a wave at Tia. "It's hot? Good." Once in the cockpit she ran through the preflight carefully. Eden was the first assignment where she'd had an A. An elegant fast snub, but great as it was she still missed having an astromech. "Antilles, good to go."

OOC: what's our squadron & callsigns?

Vanger Chevane
15 November 2004, 04:01 PM
Kicked back on one of the couches, Vooko studied his datapad familiarizing himself with the system he was dropped off in only two days before and going over the specs for some of the hardpoint-mounted Missiles his "family" had tucked into his starfighter when the comlink clipped to his collar came alive.

He rolled off the couch onto his feet, pocketing the datapad and snatching his helmet off its perch on one of the arms "Zeelas, enroute". and ran to the Hangar Bay Hatch.


"C'mon, Zeelas. Maybe it's real this time."
He grinned to the Lieutenant with the X-pilot Wings as the raced to the bay "Never can tell. Who's got Standby Flight?" She might not yet be comfortable with the snub's speed or maneuverabilty, and likely curses it's lack of protection and killpower. Her choice of tactics may be a bit conservative...

Once in the cockpit, he quickly and surely ran the start-ups, hearing the RV3's trademark low howl (OOC: think Airwolf :P). It wasn't the X-Wing's whine or the hum of the normal J-77's, but a sound reminiscent of a ghostly predator and fitting the design and intent of his starfighter.

He half stood & twisted to look over the aft of his ship. Rolling the stick around & tapping the pedals he gauged the speed & responsiveness of both Thrust Flectors & Steering Fins that gave him what could be that critcal edge against the Imps. Dropping back into the seat, he strapped in and scanned his readouts.

Two lit, shields and guns charging up nicely, glancing over at his wingmate she's got three steps to go, good. With a hint of excitement in his voice "Blue Six, standing by." followed with "Antilles, good to go." then waits for Control to give the intecept vector & permission for takeoff.

Wonder what the target is, and what surprises they could be packin? his eyes dart around the bay And where in the Sith is the Standby Flight? Things get ugly up there, it'll be awfully lonely if they dawdle...

Ris
16 November 2004, 03:04 AM
"Never can tell. Who's got Standby Flight?"
Wynn sighed, "I didn't see a duty roster today. I don't have this place figured out." Cinowyn now wished she'd spent the last couple hours getting to know her wing. Well, she knew one thing. One of the patches was for a decomissioned squadron. She didn't recall any details, only that it had been hit very hard. Tough blow. Well, at least he's not straight out of training

As she finished the last steps of her checklist, Wynn wished again she had an astromech. They were so handy. She wondered if there was a way to hardwire one of the droid brains into the snub, then returned her attention to business.


"Blue Six, standing by." followed with "Antilles, good to go."
"Zeelas, I'm good to go," she echoed. She commed Control. "Ready Flight, Control. Requesting launch clearance and intercept vectors. Any data on the arrival?" As she paused for Control's reply, she noted, even over her own engines the unusual sounds of her wing's. One of those flyboys--can't leave anything in stock condition, she thought. Not that Wynn had any problem with that. Her brother Trevor was like that with buildings. Trevor always had some idea for improving any building he saw. Besides, the pilots who loved tweaking were a great resource for a pilot whose imagination ceased to function when confronted with engineering schematics.
She commed Control once more, "By the by, Control, where's Standby Flight standing by? The Expanse or Doldrums?"

Talon Razor 'GM'
16 November 2004, 12:28 PM
Paps gritted his teeth as the Gungan spoke. "Why yes, I'm sure they do. Most likely because they have threatened to launch crafts at us, crafts that would intend us bodily harm. Usually, these crafts are not thrown around lightly or at passing garabage."

He turned back to the controls, not bothering to answer. Taps, his identical twin, grinned a bit. "Aye, the're sweatin' enough. Lets give 'em a holler."

Leaning forward, he pressed the comm button. "Well, and a good day to you too. Just calm ye all down, no sense in getting all in a tizy, running around like you are important, offering threats of violence. I read this report, by someone who knows alot about something and he works somewhere, which is very important but I can't remember where but I don't think it matters anyways, so and then they said....wait...where was I?

"Oh ye, the report. Anyways, it says that a lot of stress is bad. So just relax, settin' your mood to cruise, listen to some soothing music, like O thy Noise, great band by the by."

"So, I have this little number here, a couple of them, that will make you like us. This is your great "security" code, though I've seen more security on a wasteplant, no offense, I'm sure you are all great and that. Besides, I know that those security code guys are probably in a Union or something, so you can't have them create anything over the amount of....oh....6-numbers, praying that the Empire will have roughly the brains of a yak, or even a brak. 11457. Oh ya! Rejoice with me. So we are coming in now, and we want a grand treatment, because we flew this guy all the way in here and that's not cheap. So red carpet treatment, you know?"

Paps spoke up for the first time, leaning into the commlink. "Ye, and we want some guys in uniforms standing in line waiting."
"Oh! And some beverages!" interjected Taps.
"Yes, some Corellian whiskey is good."
"I've always liked the 0232-1stock."
"The one with the cherry is good."
"I thought that was called Bebiendo. And it was with gorja apples."
"No, I'm sure it was a cherry. A slight red tinge."
"That's gorja apples."
"No, gorjas' have a little green."
"What?! Have you ever seen a gorja apple?"
"I'm telling you, they are green."
"No, I could have SWORN they were red."
"Oh! That reminds me, I want some of that red stuff."
"Yea, that Major Gilbert had. It had some pink sauce."
"I think it was a Mon Calamri dish. Shrimp something."
" I tell you what Control, you get all of your Mon Callies rounded up and ask about a red shrimp thing that comes with pink sauce. It's real good, kinda like a.....you know...the thing we had on Corellia."
"The pinta?"
"Yea. Like that. You get to work on that Control, and tell us what you can do. Ok, thank you."
Taps clicked off the comm and leaned back. "If they didn't know Paps and Taps Halo were coming, they sure as the Nine Corellian Hells know now...."

red5_5
17 November 2004, 02:25 PM
Last Chance.]

The comm crackles as the Rebel base responds, "Last Chance your code checks out. We're sending up two fighter escorts to lead you in to the base. Standby until the A-wings reach orbit. The General can't wait to meet you all, he's rolling out the red carpet out now. Eden Command out."

[Docking bay, Eden Base]

"Blue 6 and 7, you have permission to launch. Intercept the YT-1300 Last Chance and escort it back here. If you have any trouble, the Standby Flight will be ready, we found them sleeping off hangovers. But don't worry they should be fine to fly. Flight control out."

Tia Nebular, steps back from the two fighters, and waves at the pilots. Smiling, she mouths 'good luck' to the two pilots.

The docking bay doors, grind open slowly. The blue Eden sky shines through the crack, lightening the dim docking bay. Finally, the doors stop moving and the blue sky calls to the A-wings.

Gyp Ryol
17 November 2004, 03:50 PM
Tobler leans back in his seat, folding his arms over his chest. "Mesa in big stinkawiff now," he mutters to himself. The two lighthearted Farghul did not garner a lot of confidence with Tobler. He just hoped and prayed that he would be able to get this mission over and done with, so that he could get back to Corellia.

He dug into the simple Gungan vest he was wearing for the wad of Gungan chomp-chew he kept there, a mixture of marine plant life and the sap of the Frekk tree, a tree native to Naboo. He found the blue-green wad and pulled it out. He brushed off some of the lint, then voraciously bit into it. Getting a good sized piece into his mouth, the Gungan put the wad back into his pocket.

He moved the chew around in his mouth as he thought, a large lump that moved from one side of his narrow mouth to the other. He crossed his arms once again, and settled in for the descent.

Ris
17 November 2004, 08:01 PM
"Blue 6 and 7, you have permission to launch. Intercept the YT-1300 Last Chance and escort it back here. "
"We copy, Control. What channel are they on?" Boooorrrring the pilot thought. On the other hand, dying of boredom isn't fatal.


"If you have any trouble, the Standby Flight will be ready, we found them sleeping off hangovers. But don't worry they should be fine to fly. Flight control out."
"I had to ask..." Wynn didn't realize she'd sighed out loud until Eden Flight Control asked her to repeat. "Just interference. Tell Standby Flight they owe 6 & me some drink rounds--but not all at once."

Wynn waved back to Tia as she activated the repulsors. It was good to have a chance to get out and fly. She commed her wingman. "Six, let's get up to orbit."

Once on station, she commed the YT1300. "Last Chance, Blue 7 and Blue 6 welcome you to Eden. Please follw us in."

Vanger Chevane
18 November 2004, 08:59 PM
Tuning in to the Control channel, trying to get a clearer idea of the situation he's about to rush into, Vooko hears

"Last Chance your code checks out. We're sending up two fighter escorts to lead you in to the base. Standby until the A-wings reach orbit. The General can't wait to meet you all, he's rolling out the red carpet out now. Eden Command out."
and can't help but chuckle. Must be some really colorful long-haulers, you'd need a Lightsabre to cut through sarcasm that thick.


"Blue 6 and 7, you have permission to launch. Intercept the YT-1300 Last Chance and escort it back here. If you have any trouble, the Standby Flight will be ready, we found them sleeping off hangovers. But don't worry they should be fine to fly. Flight control out."
He barely manages to bite back an irate outburst, making only a small choking noise, then quickly checks to make sure he's only transmitting on Blue Squad's frequency.

This the planet Eden or Moron!? Our backup's well into their cups and worth 2 Rekmaa's off that one-shuttle world we got stuck on a few years back in a furball. I knew Captain Rossal ran a tight ship that was combat-ready, but she was firm without being strict, and friendly when the situation allowed. The discipline around here makes hers look positively Imperial by comparison.

Sure they can fly, but steering in a straight line is less than worthless in combat. They got lucky this time, but with the way everything's predicated on being the second-next-furthest point from the Bright Center of the Galaxy, if the Imps get all of 3 or 4 neurons smarter in the near future the sloppiness and sloth around here could easily kill me. Or worse...



Tia Nebular, steps back from the two fighters, and waves at the pilots. Smiling, she mouths 'good luck' to the two pilots.
Remembering a snippet about the traditions of Fighter Pilots long ago from the dissertations Uncle Hlarrit used to give him and Kelvin about Military History, despite his soured mood he gives the tech a traditional thumbs-up-and-salute combo as crisply and respectfully as possible, having done the work and knowing all-to-well how little respect the often difficult job usually comes with.



"I had to ask..." Wynn didn't realize she'd sighed out loud until Eden Flight Control asked her to repeat. "Just interference. Tell Standby Flight they owe 6 & me some drink rounds--but not all at once."

Wynn waved back to Tia as she activated the repulsors. It was good to have a chance to get out and fly. She commed her wingman. "Six, let's get up to orbit."

The docking bay doors, grind open slowly. The blue Eden sky shines through the crack, lightening the dim docking bay. Finally, the doors stop moving and the blue sky calls to the A-wings.

"As Ordered." bringing up the replsorlifts. Remembering one of the major lessons his mother had practically beaten into the very core of his being - You will treat a lady as one until such time as her behavior indicates the contrary! - and with a hint of mischief in his voice

"After you, dear Lady. Maybe it'll be an as-advertised Blue Milk Run and we won't need the Drinkup Flight."

The flight was direct and uneventful, but at least he was flying after being grounded for so long thinking about it still gave him shivers, but now he could enjoy the simple love of flight that had been his since childhood and marked him as an someone to keep an eye on in the hardcore Racing Forums.


Once on station, she commed the YT1300. "Last Chance, Blue 7 and Blue 6 welcome you to Eden. Please follw us in."

Following his leader almost automatically, keeping a sharp eye on his sensors for signs of something more sinister than a Babyminding run, Vooko wonders What would it take to get transferred to a real unit where teammates actually behave like it? then resigns himself to spending several long boring hours in front of the terminal after the "mission". Gotta find one first, then figure out how to get out of this swamp & into it...

Ris
19 November 2004, 02:33 AM
Wynn noted her wing's courtesy to the crew chief. Good, at least I've got a wing who does things right. Glad I didn't tell Control I wanted a dinner date for recompense. That would have been too much. I think I'll ask Zeelas if he's up for some food after we're finished up here. Find out how he got stuck here. And Eden thinks an A is enough to persuade me to stay here.


with a hint of mischief in his voice
"After you, dear Lady. Maybe it'll be an as-advertised Blue Milk Run and we won't need the Drinkup Flight."
Wynn winced, but kept the surprise out of her voice, covering it with a touch of humor. "Thanks, 6--you an officer, or just a gentleman?" Does someone out here actually know that much about me? I hope not!
She cut her transmission strength before comming Zeelas again. Discretion, even in in a place like this, didn't hurt. "I hope you're right & we don't need 'em. I'd suggest transferring Nebular & her crew to the snubs--they're great--but I'm afraid of what they'd transfer Drinkup into. And I prefer both snubs & 'freshers in good shape."

Aas they flew, Wynn was pleased to find out that Zeelas stayed exactly where he belonged. The lt. decided that if there was no trouble on this escort, that after the Last Chance landed, she'd tell--tell, not ask--Control they were going to turn around and do a "training" flight. Wynn wanted to make up for the lost flight time while she recovered. The only thing worse than the aftertaste of bacta was waiting while a 21B or MD took their sweet time re-certifying you fit to fly.

Jemma
19 November 2004, 10:53 AM
Remembering a snippet about the traditions of Fighter Pilots long ago from the dissertations Uncle Hlarrit used to give him and Kelvin about Military History, despite his soured mood he gives the tech a traditional thumbs-up-and-salute combo as crisply and respectfully as possible, having done the work and knowing all-to-well how little respect the often difficult job usually comes with.


Tia smiles appreciatively at the salute from the new pilot and steps back from the fighters. Hearing the odd whine from his A-wing she frowns, reaches for her comm, and then remembers some of the modifications that she noted when checking out his engine for pre-flight. Feeling satisfied that the mods were what was making the engine sound funny she squats down to watch how the fighters take-off, you can tell a lot about the condition of a fighter by the way it takes off.

Thinking about the new pilot and his heavily modified snub she smiles to herself. The work was good but it was going to make her job a little harder when it came time to fix it up after he got it blasted out from under him. Then again, she did love a challenge, and judging by what she has heard about this pilot his fighter might not be the only thing challenging about him.

As the fighters take off she makes a note on her data pad to check the left stabilizer on the unmodified A-wing, it seemed to wobble a little on lift-off. Wiping the back of her hand across her face she unknowingly leaves a grease smudge across her cheek, a mark she tends to wear more often than not when she is working. Wiping her hands off on her coveralls she tucks an errant piece of loose hair behind her ear and makes her way back to the hangar bay workshop. Picking up the hyrdocoil she was working on before the scramble she goes back to work cleaning it while listening to the chatter of the pilots that just took off.

:daala:

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
19 November 2004, 11:57 AM
Looking at the Gungan bite into a wad of something, "Gungan chew huh? That reminds me, the next time I'm on planet long enough and theres decent enough game, I gotta catch me somethin. I'm thinkin some nice juicy steaks, ribs, and a whole lotta jerky. I'm pretty much out of jerky. It'd probably taste real good with some of that wine you hip-cat fellas were talkin 'bout. Speakin of jerky, I use moms special recipe, it's so great you can make jerky out of almost any kinda game or critter out there. You cats know anythin 'bout the game on planet we're going to? Hey Tobler, what kindof game's on yer planet? Any of yer locals make jerky in there?" Kelvin asks with a grin,

Overhearing the coms reply, Kelvin lets out a whoop, "You cats got a ways with words. Guess I needn't worry about losing my lunch or lookin for some lunchbags now. With escorts huh? maybe them red carpets rolled out too!" Lookin over at Tobler, chewin away, "Ya got a good idea there, think I'll join ya." Kelvin reaches into one of his pockets, pulls out a small pouch, opens it, pulls out a thumb sized peice of deep redish brown dried meat, and pops it in, licking his fingers before closing the bag. "Mmmmm, moms recipe was always the best"

Vanger Chevane
19 November 2004, 01:53 PM
"Thanks, 6--you an officer, or just a gentleman?"
"Technically both, but it's complicated."


"I hope you're right & we don't need 'em. I'd suggest transferring Nebular & her crew to the snubs--they're great--but I'm afraid of what they'd transfer Drinkup into. And I prefer both snubs & 'freshers in good shape."
Noting the extremey reduced power, sets his own transmit strength down to around a kilometer.

"Can't say much about the techs yet. Working with a good team can be the difference between victory and a DNF.

I'm a bit particular about this ship and who cares for it, they don't seem they're too familiar with RV3's or much of the extra engineering. As the New Guy here, I doubt I'll have much say about anything that goes on dirtside, other than who gets to touch Neckbreaker."

Sets his comm back to the presets.

"Mind the freighter's port quarter, that offset cockpit means they're notoriously blind on the far side."

Ris
19 November 2004, 05:47 PM
"Thanks, 6--you an officer, or just a gentleman?" "Technically both, but it's complicated."
"Maybe you'd like to explain further when we're dirtside? Sure beats drinking with those who've already had too much."


"Can't say much about the techs yet...As the New Guy here, I doubt I'll have much say about anything that goes on dirtside, other than who gets to touch Neckbreaker."
Cinowyn chuckles over the comm. "Well, I haven't been here long enough to figure out how things really work either. 'Cept I'm pretty sure they want me to stay. Can't think of any other reason they'd assign the A-wing to me." As she talks with her wingman, her opinion of Vooko goes up a bit more.

Vanger Chevane
19 November 2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Ris
"Maybe you'd like to explain further when we're dirtside? Sure beats drinking with those who've already had too much."

"At your leisure. Seems that round here drinking is one of the few major entertainments available."


Cinowyn chuckles over the comm. "Well, I haven't been here long enough to figure out how things really work either. 'Cept I'm pretty sure they want me to stay. Can't think of any other reason they'd assign the A-wing to me." As she talks with her wingman, her opinion of Vooko goes up a bit more.
"It's a new design, plenty fast and maneuverable, but is rather lacking in protection and killpower. Good as a scout or fast interceptor, but will take a pasting in a slugging match. Probably best used to tie up the first line eyeballs and squints so the heavier snubs can push through and ruin the Imp in Charge's day.

Might be this place is lacking pilots who can handle fighting the ship and being new, you've a better reputation for not getting hit than the ones they've already got."

Ris
20 November 2004, 04:54 AM
"At your leisure. Seems that round here drinking is one of the few major entertainments available."
"Well, I've got the leisure. And yeah Eden does seem short on entertainment options--but I'm not gonna appoint myself Morale Officer."


"It's a new design, plenty fast and maneuverable, but is rather lacking in protection and killpower. Good as a scout or fast interceptor, but will take a pasting in a slugging match...
"About how I pegged it." Actually Wynn hadn't thought of the A-wing's usefulness in recon--surprising since she was a good recon pilot. "It's like you know exactly where to point your sensors," her last CO had said.


"Might be this place is lacking pilots who can handle fighting the ship and being new, you've a better reputation for not getting hit than the ones they've already got."
"I've never been hit. Well, only the last time was bad enough to mention," she amended. My poor x-wing...

Vanger Chevane
20 November 2004, 03:49 PM
"I've never been hit. Well, only the last time was bad enough to mention,"

"As long as you've a good grasp of your capabilities within the situation. Ten good people never came home due to a succession of stupidities..."

His voice fails as he remembers that nightmare, still as fresh as if it were yesterday.

Talon Razor 'GM'
20 November 2004, 04:26 PM
Paps grumbled a bit as they saw the two fighters approached them. "Means they are highly suspect of us and want to make sure we don't go anywhere but their planet."

Taps shrugged at his brother. "I don't see why Rebels always have to be so untrusting. I mean, just because the Empire wants to flay them alive doesn't mean they should go doubting two honest Far'ghuls that are doing a simple run."

Paps snorted at that. "I don't know about the whole 'honest' part there..."

Taps gave him a look. "Speak for yourself."

"I am," sneered Paps with a wicked grin. Both Far'ghuls chattered with their odd laughter when a woman's voice cut in.
"Last Chance, Blue 7 and Blue 6 welcome you to Eden. Please follw us in."
Taps raised an eyebrow and muttered, "Maybe this won't be so bad..."

Paps shook his head in warning but Taps had already clicked the commlink.

"Roger that, darling. I am looking forward to meeting your charming person in...uh...person, along with the rest of everyone there. It's awful lonely up here in the cold...dark...space, stuck with two occupants that are...well...you'll meet in person. We'll be following you with much pleasure."

Paps sighed. "I better not have to watch you this whole time on the base. And besides, you are insulting our passenger, who also happens to be a blueback. And that, my dear brother, is not a wise-policy."

"Picky, picky. This is our first vacation in...well...days. I intend to see what the Rebels offer for a change. I bet these are guys that know how to party."

Paps nodded. "Sure, most perscuted resistence who are being sought out through every means possible usually party at every opportunity."

Taps replied with a grin, "Yes, totally. I...wait...you are being sarcastic, aren't you?"

"No Taps, I was completely serious."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
20 November 2004, 05:02 PM
When neither cat replied and seemed in their own world, specially talkin to the escorts, Kelvin couldn't resist making himself noticed - "Hey cats!, we're not even dirtside and yer already chasin tail? You sure thats wise with a couple of awing escorts that could make some real trouble for us like saying we're a couple of spooks? Besides, what if she don't got a tail but several tentacles instead? Ah well, its your tail on the line, not mine, heck what am I sayin? I don't even got no tail!"

Kelvin unbuckles himself, stand up and checks his rear, then asks Tobler - "Hey Tobler, I don't see no tail, do you?"

Ris
21 November 2004, 04:19 AM
"...Ten good people never came home due to a succession of stupidities..."
Even through the typical comm distortion Wynn hears the pain in the other pilot's voice, and silently curses herself for the ill-timed flippancy.

She had been doing everything right when she'd been forced to eject--but that didn't make EV pleasant or ok. She hoped that never happened again. By the time she'd been retrieved she was more than a little out of her head from exposure. So much so, the medics had told her, that she'd refused to cooperate & accept the regulator mouthpiece for her air supply. They'd had to sedate & intubate her before the bacta dunking.
But no one else had died--except, she hoped, that damned TIE pilot.

To distract her wing & herself from their respective nightmares, Wynn asked Zeelas, "Do you think Last Chance heard me--or are they like Standby? Too hungover to tell a comm signal from a pink nerf-ram?"

Just then the transport's crew replied.

"Roger that, darling. I am looking forward to meeting your charming person in...uh...person, along with the rest of everyone there. It's awful lonely up here in the cold...dark...space, stuck with two occupants that are...well...you'll meet in person. We'll be following you with much pleasure."

"Copy, Chance," she replied in her crispest tone. To Zeelas, "Should I dress the flirts down now--or decide after I see if they're really good-looking?" Then Antilles realized she hadn't changed the comm. Hastily selecting the squadron frequency & powering it down, she told her wing, "Oopsy--but I don't think I'll end up on report in this place." It was hard to tell over the comm, but Lt. Antilles didn't sound either embarassed or regretful over her comm-chatter. "Anyways, I'm in the mood to give them a bit of a show. A flyby or 2 of the cockpit, maybe even waggle wings, hmm? Not close--no risk-taking, & of course we'll stay out of that blind spot."

Talon Razor 'GM'
21 November 2004, 07:48 AM
Paps gripped the joystick a bit tighter. He was begining to wonder about Kelvin, maybe he went to school in the short freighter.
I don't even got no tail!"

"No, much to your sorrow. You do not have a tail. What you do have is the ability to begin to annoy me." Before anyone else could make another retort, the comm. went on:


"Copy, Chance," she replied in her crispest tone. To Zeelas, "Should I dress the flirts down now--or decide after I see if they're really good-looking?" Then Antilles realized she hadn't changed the comm.

"Woo-hoo!" Both of them whooped it up and exchanged high-fives. Taps exclaimed intot the commlink, "Good-looking is not a problem by any stretch of the mind."

Gyp Ryol
21 November 2004, 10:09 AM
Tobler bit hard on the chomp-chew in his mouth. His patience with the other occupants of the cockpit was wearing extremely thin. The two Farghuls were obviously incorrigible, and the fact that Kelvin was a game hunter redeemed only slightly. Peoples thinkin wesa de dumbest in star-spanner. Kelvin dumber dan any Gugan mesa knowin, thinks Tobler as Kelvin asks if he has a tail.

Tobler resumes chewing, swallowing some of the juice of the chomp-chew. He remains silent, and gives a little snort as headjusts in his seat.

red5_5
21 November 2004, 04:10 PM
The three starships glide through the atmosphere gracefully. The ships come down over a broad, rough ocean and make for the nearest continent. The A-wing fighters, with the YT-1300 in tow, glide over the tree tops. Mountains rise out of the jungle and the fighters lead the freighter to a rocky cliff.

The grey docking bay doors open wide and swallow the three ships. Vooko and Wynn land their starfighters and the docking bay crew begins refueling preparations. The larger freighter lands in the middle of the bay.

After the ships land, a procession of Rebel officers walks out to meet the new arrivals. At the front of the group is an older grey-haired human. The group stops at the entry ramp of the Last Chance and waits for the passengers to disbark. The grey-haired man turns to a member of the group and says something. The man, a young officer, turns and walks briskly to the escort fighters. He stops infront of the fighters and waits for the pilots to climb out of their A-wings.

[After the characters leave their starships. RP your entry if you want.]

The older male, walks up to Paps, Taps, Tobler, and Kelvin. "I am General Shram Reu Lai, the commander of Eden Base. I welcome you all to Eden and hope that you have a pleasant stay. I'll wait until the others get here before I go on." General Reu Lai looks over at the fighters, obviously waiting for the pilots to join them.

[Cut to fighters]

The young commander calls out to the pilots, "Zeelas and Antilles, the General wishes to see you." Glancing over to the head technician, Tia, he adds, "You too, Nebular." He turns and walks back to the main group.

[Cut back to General's entourage.]

The General waits for the officer, Vooko, Wynn, and Tia before going on. Once the four arrive, he says, "Good, we can get started." Looking at the passengers of the Last Chance he continues, "I know that none of you have ever been to Eden Base before, so I'm going to let you get aclimated before we really get down to business. You will be assigned quarters here for the night and you will be supervised by the fine pilots that escorted you in."

He looks over at the pilots and Tia, "You guys have been working hard lately, so you deserve a night off. Go and have some fun and get some rest. You'll be back on duty tomorrow." Looking over everyone again, he continues, "Your dismissed, but don't stay up too late. I'll see you all in my office tomorrow at 0700." With that, he turns and walks off, with his command staff in tow, leaving the seven beings alone in the docking bay.

(OOC: Go and party your hearts out in the base, but remember you should get some rest.)

Jemma
22 November 2004, 02:04 PM
Tia wipes her hands on her greasy flight suit and smiles nervously at the A-wing pilots as they climb out of their fighters. Walking over she smiles and introduces herself saying, "It sounds like the General would like to see all of us over by the freighter that you escorted in."

Turning and walking with them over to the freighter she checks out the fighter pilot that climbed out of the cockpit of the modified A-wing, smiling shyly when he notices her looking at him. Looking away she says, "That's some A-wing you have there. I noticed it was heavily modified. It looks like the engine was replaced ... that's an RV3 isn't it? It also looks like you have had some non-standard weaponry installed as well."

Walking up to the crowd gathered at the freighter she puts her hands behind her back and waits as the General addresses them. As the General completes his speech she turns to the others and introduces herself again to the newcomers. Raising her hand to each she says, "Hi, I'm Tia Nebular, the lead technician on this shift".

Vanger Chevane
22 November 2004, 07:30 PM
"Should I dress the flirts down now--or decide after I see if they're really good-looking?" Then Antilles realized she hadn't changed the comm. Hastily selecting the squadron frequency & powering it down, she told her wing, "Oopsy--but I don't think I'll end up on report in this place."
He chuckles then says "i doubt it, but the Rumor Mill probly won't let you live that down for a while."


"Anyways, I'm in the mood to give them a bit of a show. A flyby or 2 of the cockpit, maybe even waggle wings, hmm? Not close--no risk-taking, & of course we'll stay out of that blind spot."

"Right with ya boss."

- - - - -
After a typical smooth-as-Ottegan-Silk landing and going over his power-down checklist, notes the officer standing by the snubs' noses.

Still wearing his helmet he climbs down the ladder, checks that his Luxan Enforcer is securely holstered & on safe, then turns to see the presumably Ship Senior Tech standing there.


"That's some A-wing you have there. I noticed it was heavily modified. It looks like the engine was replaced ... that's an RV3 isn't it? It also looks like you have had some non-standard weaponry installed as well."
Keeping his voice low so the officer would think it's nothing more than a postflight briefing, and out of long habit treats Tia as if she were part of The Family.

"The RV3's offer some performance benefits over the J77's as well as a lower overall profile once maneuvering fins are added to the equation. Sucks in a lot more fuel, but the trade is worth it in a very good pilot's care.

One of the big decisions to add them to the basic design was to power quad lasers, they're to spec, just more of them as my mom thought the design to be lacking in killpower. Also mounts wingtip hardpoints, and I've a datacard full of plans for things to tack on them. Some may be a bit farfetched, but in the right situation justify the cost."

With a touch of sadness in his voice, continues "Tancredi Racing took pains to ensure the last starfighter from their shop was the best they could deliver. Not one stroke is a mod, built this way from the ground up."

He then stops and stands at attention right off the Fore-Starboard corner as he'd been taught to wait on his Leader and/or this Commander.


The young commander calls out to the pilots, "Zeelas and Antilles, the General wishes to see you." Glancing over to the head technician, Tia, he adds, "You too, Nebular." He turns and walks back to the main group.


Salutes & waits for the cue from the Lieutenant, then follows her over. Looking over the crew of the Last Chance.

Son of the Sith, that's Kelvin! He doesn't recognize me straightaway with next-to-no hair, single-battle-decommission patch and the new logo on this helmet. I'll bet he thought I was still on Druckenwell, waiting for my chance to jump...or dead. I haven't been able to find anything about what happened to The Monster...


The General waits for the officer, Vooko, Wynn, and Tia before going on. Once the four arrive, he says, "Good, we can get started." Looking at the passengers of the Last Chance he continues, "I know that none of you have ever been to Eden Base before, so I'm going to let you get aclimated before we really get down to business. You will be assigned quarters here for the night and you will be supervised by the fine pilots that escorted you in."

What kind of mischief has he been up to to wind up in Backside of the Rebellion? Least we've time to catch up...provided the others will give us enough space...Brother have I some stories for you.


He looks over at the pilots and Tia, "You guys have been working hard lately, so you deserve a night off. Go and have some fun and get some rest. You'll be back on duty tomorrow." Looking over everyone again, he continues, "Your dismissed, but don't stay up too late. I'll see you all in my office tomorrow at 0700." With that, he turns and walks off, with his command staff in tow, leaving the seven beings alone in the docking bay.

Counting on the fact that his Brother had always somehow known the exact mood he was in, drops a hand to the Enforcer, with the other points a finger at Kelvin putting mock anger onto his face & in his voice. "You have a lot of explaining to do!"

Ris
22 November 2004, 07:38 PM
"Good-looking is not a problem by any stretch of the mind."
Whose mind? Yours? Wynn wonders--silently this time. I doubt my
mind will agree. What's wrong with me, acting up like this? Must've got a
good whiff of the fuel. Something to add to preflight
checklist--"Too-clever Tongue in O-F-F position."


He chuckles then says "i doubt it, but the Rumor Mill probly won't let you live that down for a while."
"Unfortunately, that's probably the one thing they don't do slothfully, 6!" But she could handle it. Growing up where she did, Wynn was well-aquainted with Rumor & Gossip.

[Cut to fighters]
Wynn undid the straps & popped her canopy. Pulling off her helmet, she
perched on her snub & listened to the officer.

The young commander calls out to the pilots, "Zeelas and Antilles,
the General wishes to see you." Glancing over to the head technician, Tia,
he adds, "You too, Nebular." He turns and walks back to the main
group.

Ignoring the ladder, Wynn elegantly slid down the snub's nose, landing on her feet. The lieutenant wanted to get this
over with quickly & get the ok for a practice flight. Wynn still wore her X-wing orange flightsuit, white flak vest, & chestbox with theA-wing helmet she'd been issued. The jumpsuit fit snugger than most pilots wore theirs, but definitely improved the silhouette, and Wynn enjoyed looking good & getting attention. Cradling the helmet under one arm, she shook out her hair.


Tia wipes her hands on her greasy flight suit and smiles nervously at the A-wing pilots as they climb out of their fighters. Walking over she smiles and introduces herself saying, "It sounds like the General would like to see all of us over by the freighter that you escorted in."
Wynn was certain they'd been introduced when she'd been assigned the A-wing. Maybe something had Tia nervous. She didn't mention it, just smiled back at the woman. "Cinowyn Antilles," she replied as she removed her gloves & tucked them into her belt. As they walked, Wynn couldn't help notice how much attention Tia was giving Vooko. So that's it...wonder how he'll handle this?

"I know that none of you have ever been to Eden Base before, so I'm going to let you get aclimated before we really get down to business. You will be assigned quarters here for the night and you will be supervised by the fine pilots that escorted you in."
He looks over at the pilots and Tia, "You guys have been working hard lately, so you deserve a night off. Go and have some fun and get some rest. You'll be back on duty tomorrow."
So much for another flight today--or even getting to know my wing quietly loke I intended. Gotta play hostess--with this bunch I might be able to justify hazardous-duty pay. But she kept her face pleasant even after the officers departed. "I'm ready for dinner, who else?"

Talon Razor 'GM'
24 November 2004, 12:56 AM
Paps and Taps were fairly silent as the planet loomed in front of them, both concentrating on the task ahead. Finally, as the craft came into the bay, Taps spun his chair around to look at both of their passengers.

“Well me lads, you are here. I hope you had a fun ‘ole trip. Now let’s go.”
The craft shuddered and Paps stood. “We’ve arrived. Let’s see what the natives are like. Junie!”
Another being stood in the doorway. “Yes, ruse-master?”
“We will be leaving now. Open the ramp.”

The YT-1300 ramp lowered. As everyone gathered around, they could see the first figure coming down the ramp. The figure was of a medium height, fairly well built and clutched a blaster shotgun in his hands. His face was humanoid but where normal hair would usually be there were thick, short quills. They were colored black and red and sweeped backwards.

He wore a hooded jacket, the hood up and pulled around his head. On the jacket a large “N” was emblazoned. Over that he wore a brown leather coat that stretched just past his waist. A white scarf wrapped around his mouth and nose. A studded collar was wrapped around his neck. It was easy to tell he was a Spiner.

A pistol was strapped low around his thigh and people could see a second pistol in a shoulder harness. A vibrodagger was strapped to one angle with a pullout blaster strapped to the other. A small device sat in his ear. He looked extremely deadly.

The Spiner stood to one side, casting a watchful eye on the gathered crowd. He watched as two other figures came down the ramp.

Both were Far’ghuls, tall, lanky creatures that walked with an air of complete confidence and certainty. One wore a leather bandana over his head, a short cut-off grey silk shirt and a small open vest over that. He wore two belts, as that was all the rage in the Core worlds currently and a small blaster was strapped low. Over one hand he wore what looked a robotic gauntlet.

The second wore a very expensive, very trendy Corellian leather ruffle-spacer jacket, with a leather high-neck shirt beneath. A datapad was strapped on of his belts along with a sleek, trim dueling blaster. A vibrodagger was in his boot.

Both had light reddish fur and piercing green eyes. Each one could be considered above-average looks by humans, and extremely attractive by Far’ghul standards, and knew it too. They looked identical; save the second one had a better build while the first seemed more at ease and friendly. He was grinning ear-to-ear, impeccable teeth shining in the light. If they weren’t dress differently it would be impossible to tell the difference.


Wynn still wore her X-wing orange flightsuit, white flak vest, & chestbox with theA-wing helmet she'd been issued. The jumpsuit fit snugger than most pilots wore theirs, but definitely improved the silhouette, and Wynn enjoyed looking good & getting attention. Cradling the helmet under one arm, she shook out her hair.

Taps spied the human pilot as she approached the group. He elbowed Paps and emitted a low, slow whistle. Paps simply shook his head. He knew that he’d be keeping his brother out of trouble the entire time. However, he did track the pilot’s movement as she walked towards them….

They listened to the General as he spelled out the way things went down. Taps simply heard “You may party!” and nodded with much enthusiasm. When the General said "Your dismissed, but don't stay up too late. I'll see you all in my office tomorrow at 0700." Taps gave him a mock salute and said, “Yes Sir! Will attempt to carry out assignment to my best abilities, sir!

When the officers left, Taps decided it was time for intros. He spoke with a crisp sound, devoid of any accent common amongst
humanoids. “Gentlemen, and ladies, it is my honored and esteemed pleasure to meet you. Allow yourselves to become acquainted with me. I am the honorable Taps Halo, who has the great fortune to be in such admirable company. I hope we can become fast friends these upcoming days.” He said the last with a twinkle in his eye and a wink at Wynn.

He then went on in a mock tone. “But you probably have already seen me. Yes, it is true. I was the lead singer at O thy Noise and toured most the galaxy. So, if you want that autograph or private recording, you have but to ask! I do those things for friends. Do not let my great fame dazzle you.”

“Although he will try to as much as possible,” Paps retorted, rather enjoying his brother’s flourished intro.

“Ah! Yes! Let us meet another great esteemed member of the Halo clan. My kind, compassionate, humorous brother and twin in case you haven’t noticed, but let it be known I received the looks, Paps Halo.” Taps made a grand sweep of his arm towards Paps.

“Alright, alright. If we let you talk on we’d miss that meeting. Besides, if you got the looks that means I got the brains. Lets see, the only other crew member of our ship is Junie. He keeps our rabid fans off of us. Also, be careful you do not approach from the behind or grab us suddenly. He will strike without warning or mercy. It’s part of the perks, I guess.” Junie gave a short bow towards the assembled people.


As the General completes his speech she turns to the others and introduces herself again to the newcomers. Raising her hand to each she says, "Hi, I'm Tia Nebular, the lead technician on this shift.”


Taps gently gripped her hand and bowed with much flair. “Charmed, Madame. It is my utmost pleasure to make the acquaintance of such a lady.” He brought her hand to his lips and released it.

Paps also gave her a bow, but without such gusto. He made a mental note to talk to her about modifications on Last Chance, such as destroying the ship and purchasing a new one.

Paps and Taps both acknowledged and exchanged warm handshakes with Vooko. When Paps gripped his hand, he glanced towards the A-wing. “Ah, that is your ship? Excellent, my opinion just rose quite a bit. That is a ship of a pilot who knows what top capabilities are.” Paps watched Kelvin and Vooko interact, quietly storing information. Brothers, that will come in handy.


But she kept her face pleasant even after the officers departed. "I'm ready for dinner, who else?"

Taps’ face rose with those words. “Ah, I would enjoy it immensely, milady. In fact, we have something, Junie, go grab the ’12 from our reserve and those….things we bought at that place, something that you may not be able to get out here. We figured you’d have little chance to get fine dining and thus stocked up. Shall we follow you, milady? Paps, shall we go to wherever the action is and show these weary warriors how to party, Core-style?””

Junie came down the ramp bearing a basket and a rack with six bottles hanging from it. The shotgun was strapped around his back and he still kept an eye on those who were closer to the Halos. “Junie have items ruse-master requested.”

Taps nodded. “Good." He turned to Wynn and gave a rougish smile. "Well milady, you think we still deserve that dressing down? Or do we meet your approval?" He stood with his arms spread in a questioning gesture.

Ris
24 November 2004, 02:31 PM
Wynn eyed the 4 assorted new arrivals as she walked over with her wingman & their crew chief. She also listened to Vooko describe his snub's virtues to Tia. Nice job they did. Wish I had a custom fighter. Should have asked my parents--it would have been possible, then... the young woman thought wistfully before dismissing it. A lot of things weren't possible anymore, after Alderaan's destruction, and most of them were more important.
She noted the byplay between the 2 Far'ghul, but pretended not to. It
would probably be best not to mention her earlier comments, until she knew this crew better. It seemed that Vooko Zeelas knew at least one of them. Wynn watched his "reunion" with the sole human in the party. She hoped it was an act with a friend and that her wing didn't have some real grudge against the other man. Zeelas was already out for blood after Standby's indiscretion. I hope Vooko doesn't do something bad enough for our superiors to actually notice--if he ends up on report or worse, I'll end up with one of the local fools instead of a wingman.

"Gentlemen, and ladies, it is my honored and esteemed pleasure to meet you. Allow yourselves to become acquainted with me. I am the honorable Taps Halo, who has the great fortune to be in such admirable company. I hope we can become fast friends these upcoming days." He said the last with a twinkle in his eye and a wink at Wynn.
Lt. Antilles kept her face straight. But something about the speaker's
manner and turns of speech were familiar, she thought for a second, but decided she was wrong. Whether you were Duros, Human, or whatever, members of a species you weren't well-acquainted with tended to look & sound alike. Wynn introduced herself to the other 3 while the human talked with Vooko. "I'm Cinowyn Antilles, Alliance Starfighter Command. Blue 7."

"But you probably have already seen me. Yes, it is true. I was the lead singer at O thy Noise and toured most the galaxy. So, if you want that autograph or private recording, you have but to ask! I do those things for friends. Do not let my great fame dazzle you."
Wynn couldn't quite keep a smile of recognition from her face. As a girl, she'd enjoyed O thy Joy. Wynn had even gone to one of the concerts with friends. It had been fantastic. Back then, she would have thought
meeting any member of the band the greatest thing to happen. Now, it was just an unexpected improvement on the sitch.

Taps nodded. "Good." He turned to Wynn and gave a rogue-ish smile. "Well milady, you think we still deserve that dressing down? Or do we meet your approval?" He stood with his arms spread in a questioning
gesture.
Wynn couldn't help returning the smile, although her cheeks did redden charmingly. "Have you done nothing in your entire lives to deserve one? But you'll do--for now. As for dinner, I need to change out of my gear first."

As soon as she could, Wynn ducked into her quarters for a very quick clean-up & clean clothes. She rejoined the others in the lounge wearing her favorite dress. It was lucky she was so fond of the old thing. It was her only "good" piece of clothing unless her belongings--she wasn't optimistic about the Alliance's packers--made it to Eden. The pale green dress was cut loosely but of a soft clinging fabric. Like most Alderaanian dresses, the skirt was long, and this one happened to be slit. The "regular" Eden personnel didn't appear to notice what she wore--they'd seen it enough in the couple weeks she'd been here. Wynn had been transported to Eden for treatment and recovery because she was too hurt to continue on the mission, so all she had was the few items in the cargo compartment of her X-wing. Not a problem--until Eden Base's Command Staff had apparently decided to keep her.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
25 November 2004, 12:21 AM
The landing aproach wasn't too bad, and Kelvin's eyes were glued to the planet's surface ahead of them... Kelvin gathered the single bag of items and gear he had with himself, slung the rifle & bow over one shoulder and followed the cats down the ramp of the ship. Kelvin was gratefull to be on solid ground again... Kelvin looked at the assembled people - few of various rank, 2 pilots and a mechanic...


"Your dismissed, but don't stay up too late. I'll see you all in my office tomorrow at 0700."

Kelvin couldn't help but grin, as others were greating each other, he couldn't wait to find out what was there worth to hunt...


"Hi, I'm Tia Nebular, the lead technician on this shift".

"Pleased to meet you Ms- Ms Grease Monkey is it? or is it Mrs?" Kelvin said with a happy grin, " Kelvin Radegant, chief outdoorsman. There's no creature or species too big or small, fast or slow that I can't handle or track... "

[quote]Counting on the fact that his Brother had always somehow known the exact mood he was in, drops a hand to the Enforcer, with the other points a finger at Kelvin putting mock anger onto his face & in his voice. "You have a lot of explaining to do!"[quote]

Wait a minute, I know that voice... Kelvin thinks to himself. taken aback by the sudden aproach... Opening his mouth to say something, looking stupid with the mouth open for a half moment, before responding... "Vook?!? Fancy meeting you here you racer boy you! I would have written mom since I enlisted, but you know those upper command and their keepin us grounders busy.. " With a big grin widening on his face, "I thought I had seen that A-wing before! How's she handle? You write mom back yet to let her know how she handles?, the Awing I mean... " Kelvin grabs Vookoo for a hug, shouting "I still can't beleive its you cousin! We gotta write mom and send her a holograph sometime tonight!"

"So Vook, what's there to do in this place and do ya know of any local game that we can catch? I'm tellin ya, a week's worth of that pre-packaged stuff and i'm craving somethin fresh, y'know what I mean?"

Glancing at the female pilot, then back at Vookoo, "That was some fancy flying the both of you did. There more of a story between ya two, or who lost the fancy flyin bet?" Perhaps once the two cats were done veying for the pilot's atention, would Kelvin be able to say hi.

Vanger Chevane
25 November 2004, 07:44 PM
Pleased to meet you Ms- Ms Grease Monkey is it? or is it Mrs?" Kelvin said with a happy grin, " Kelvin Radegant, chief outdoorsman. There's no creature or species too big or small, fast or slow that I can't handle or track... "
Snorts in amusement, and disgust at the rampant display of unchecked ego.


waait a minute, I know that voice... Kelvin thinks to himself. taken aback by the sudden aproach... Opening his mouth to say something, looking stupid with the mouth open for a half moment, before responding... "Vook?!? Fancy meeting you here you racer boy you! I would have written mom since I enlisted, but you know those upper command and their keepin us grounders busy.. " With a big grin widening on his face, "I thought I had seen that A-wing before! How's she handle? You write mom back yet to let her know how she handles?, the Awing I mean... " Kelvin grabs Vookoo for a hug, shouting "I still can't beleive its you cousin! We gotta write mom and send her a holograph sometime tonight!"

"So Vook, what's there to do in this place and do ya know of any local game that we can catch? I'm tellin ya, a week's worth of that pre-packaged stuff and i'm craving somethin fresh, y'know what I mean?"
Gives Kelvin a warm hug, then turns, one arm still over the man's shoulders. "Up to bout a month ago, nobody'd heard from ya, but (with a sidelong glance at the Farghul) you've clearly enjoyed Nar Shadaa.

Ship's top-notch, you'd expect less from our Family for what insane reason?"

Concern fills his voice and worry crosses his face "Information flow round the Rebellion is scant and slow...but that's a different story."

Closes his eyes momentarily to clear his head..."I've been here all of (checks his chrono, then says cheerily) two whole days. (normal voice) Been grounded two weeks prior after pickong up those two Squints and a wonderful case of acceleration trauma. Got the Skull...well...long story, but seems this base at least doubles as a Recovery Post, was stationed on a good Cruiser till now.

You must've really fried the droid to be Bringin Home the Bantha...which we both know is bout the lowest job in Procurement and Supply."


Glancing at the female pilot, then back at Vookoo, "That was some fancy flying the both of you did. There more of a story between ya two, or who lost the fancy flyin bet?" Perhaps once the two cats were done veying for the pilot's atention, would Kelvin be able to say hi.
Brings his fist up under Kelvin's Jaw and lifts slightly as a warning.
"You probably miss Star Street, but seems there isn't one here either. Don't know too much about the lady other than she's appreciative of manners & intelligence.

Mom saw how you just acted, one'd pound you into a coma, the other would see to it you regretted this for the next few months.

As talkative as you are, I wonder if they didn't make you take a Vow of Silence or something. Can ya crank the transmit strength off widecast here?"


Nods to Tobler, standing off by himself and looking vaguely uncomfortable, and semi-jokingly says "Vooko Zeelas, Silent Gungan. What brings you to the next-to-the-farthest point from the Bright Center of the Galaxy?"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
25 November 2004, 09:02 PM
"Up to bout a month ago, nobody'd heard from ya, but (with a sidelong glance at the Farghul) you've clearly enjoyed Nar Shadaa.

Ship's top-notch, you'd expect less from our Family for what insane reason?"


"Oh heck yeah! Nar Shadaa was great! Great trip there, great stay there, Crix was pretty cool - no, it was awesome! I tried to write ya all somethin that I wanted to join the Rebelion and Crix was kind enough to drop me off... Nothin came to mind though. I tried to write in camp, wasn't allowed either...

Speakin of which, hey - I had to ask about the ship. I hadn't seen it since I left, and it was still unfinished yet! I'd expect nothing less than record breaking performance!"

Kelvin listens with interest to Vookoo's summary of his events "Frell man, we've got some serious catching up to do! I gotta tell ya all about camp!"

"Heh, speakin of bantha - its not exactly bantha but ya gotta try these chews!" Kelvin reaches into his pocket, hands Vookoo a palm sized bag of finger sized morsels "I used mom's recipe, almost like a taste of home!"


Brings his fist up under Kelvin's Jaw and lifts slightly as a warning.

Kelvin raises his hand in mock surrender, "Was only askin bro!" chuckles, "Star Street.... Man I miss those... We oughta see if there's anything even remotely close here. That or borrow a few speeders and have a few races for old time's sake!"

Wincing slighty at the 'mom' part...

Kelvin laughs jovially, "Vow of silence? I took a vow or two but none of silence. The instructors had to send us all out before they had gotten a chance to make me vow to anything." putting an arm around Vookoo's shoulders, speaking in a hushed voice, "Frak man, if you think i'm talkative and obnoxious, ya shoulda rode in the same ship as those two. Somehow, I don't think my version of a shindig is even remotely the same definition as theirs." Kelvin glances towards the twin cats.

Watching Vookoo introduce himself to the Gungan, "Vookoo - Tobler, Tobler - Vookoo" Kelvin pitched in, waving a thumb over to each of them "Tobler, meet one of my kin & best bud in this entire galaxy! That Awing of his, we built in our grandma's barn - a family project of sorts. Vookoo, this is Tobler. I was sent along with him to find a few persons. He's been great company for the trip, and he's smarter than yer average Gungan."

Looking around the landing bay with a mischievious grin, "Hmmmm, I wonder if there's any WED droids around here.. Y'lnow, for old time's sake?" Kelvin pats Vookoo on the back...

Ris
26 November 2004, 05:54 AM
Wynn was surprised at Zeelas' warning to his cousin--and the mention of "Mom" put her in mind of her own. Manners were very important to Risanne Antilles, but she wouldn't beat someone up over them. Not that she couldn't have. That amazing lady, thought by many to be "just" a very talented ballroom dancer, had also been an unarmed combat master.

The pilot expected Kelvin to use Vooko's warning about his manners as a chance to try some variant of the "please let me make up for my jerkiness" line on her. Instead he ignored Wynn. Between being alternately ignored & treated like a groupie by their "charges," Wynn was sorely tempted to score some snacks and confine herself to quarters until 0655. But she recalled her mom's advice that, "Others' rudeness calls for increasing your politeness to maintain Balance In Life. It also elegantly points up their shortcomings to others, and if you are really lucky persuades them to mend their ways."
Wynn tapped her wing on the arm to get his attention & gave her best imitation of the pleasant smile Risanne had used only to warn her children and others that they were earning her wrath. Still smiling that way, she asked Vooko, "Mr. Zeelas, I desire an introduction to your worthy kinsman, please."

Jemma
26 November 2004, 01:03 PM
Tia smiles at the two Far'ghul as they introduce themselves and rolls her eyes slightly at their cockiness. Turning to the only human passenger she shakes his hand and smiles until he opens his mouth.


"Pleased to meet you Ms- Ms Grease Monkey is it? or is it Mrs?" Kelvin said with a happy grin, " Kelvin Radegant, chief outdoorsman. There's no creature or species too big or small, fast or slow that I can't handle or track... "

At his words, Tia blushes a bright red and pulls her hand away feeling angry and awkward. She knew that she was a little greasy from working on the fighters but she had just pulled a double-shift and was a little self-conscious about the comment. As he turns to the pilot of the modified A-wing she drops back so she doesn't have to talk to him.

Seeing the Gungan she extends her hand and smiles, "Hi, my name is Tia. I've never met a Gungan before, you're from Naboo right? How was your flight in?"

Vanger Chevane
26 November 2004, 01:50 PM
"Frell man, we've got some serious catching up to do! I gotta tell ya all about camp!"
"It's been an adventure since you jumped ship, but we should to get you settled in first, and it seems Tia may be slightly overwhelmed by your compatriots." under his breath "Or need a Number Fifteen Hydrospanner for a Manual Attitude Alignment."

Basing off Adjustable Crescent Wrenches a #15 would be bout forearm length, with a head a bit bigger than a good-sized fist.


"Heh, speakin of bantha - its not exactly bantha but ya gotta try these chews!" Kelvin reaches into his pocket, hands Vookoo a palm sized bag of finger sized morsels "I used mom's recipe, almost like a taste of home!"
Pockets the bag. "We'll discuss home when there's a more appropriate setting, a great deal has happened in the past few months."


Wynn tapped her wing on the arm to get his attention & gave her best imitation of the pleasant smile Risanne had used only to warn her children and others that they were earning her wrath. Still smiling that way, she asked Vooko, "Mr. Zeelas, I desire an introduction to your worthy kinsman, please."
Shoots Wynn a quick look saying We will talk later about this. "But of course milady. Lieutenant Cinowynn Antilles , my Semi-cousin Kelvin Radegant - scout, scrounge, and occasional con. Kelvin, Wynn."

"Once we can get changed into something less visually-assaulting, we can see about dinner and trading tales. It appears Paps and Taps would be more interested in one of the most popular pastimes around here, Tobler looks positively adrift and may prefer to keep to himself."

Starts Steering Kelvin toward the rest of the group. "Wynn, any idea who's supposed to be seeing to these gentlebeings accomodations?"

Ris
27 November 2004, 05:50 AM
Shoots Wynn a quick look saying We will talk later about this. "But of course milady. Lieutenant Cinowynn Antilles , my Semi-cousin Kelvin Radegant - scout, scrounge, and occasional con. Kelvin, Wynn."
Maybe you should loosen up, Wynn--but not much! I don't need to make any more stupid comments for people to razz me about. And if Vooko is fond of him, he's probably got virtues other than what he's displayed.
Wynn gave both men her "real" smile, albeit with a slight effort--and had to put more effort into not yelling at her wing for calling her "milady."
"Pleased to meet you, Mr. Radegant. Welcome to Eden."


Starts steering Kelvin toward the rest of the group. "Wynn, any idea who's supposed to be seeing to these gentlebeings' accomodations?"
She looked blank. "I'm not sure. I was in Medbay until just a few days before you arrived. One of the medics showed me to my quarters when they got tired of me & tossed me out." At least the medical staff & droids were pretty good. Not surprising at a Recovery Post. "Didn't that Commander say anything--no not a word." She shook her head.

"Guess we find out the ol-fashioned way. Chief? Tia? Excuse me, but do you know who's in charge of that? I mean quarters." Wynn was ashamed to realize she didn't even know how the woman preferred to be addressed. I'm clueless as to what the woman most responsible for the care of my snub & thus my life wants me to call her--but my underskirt's in knots because a nice guy who's known me a day & a half max doesn't know I don't want to be called "milady." "We've got folks who'll probably be a lot happier when they know where they can wash up for dinner." I'll certainly be more sociable once I've got the sweat out of this mop. And acting happy better make me feel better...

A trace of mischief crept into her voice at last as she addressed the whole group. "Remember--the first one done & back to the Lounge--it's just that way from all the rooms--gets the Grand Prize. Commandeering enough space for all of us." She shifted her helmet from left side to right & held out her left hand as if she were going to a formal affair & was reminding the gentlemen that they were supposed to offer their arms to the ladies.

Jemma
27 November 2004, 06:37 AM
Tia smiles at Wynn and chuckles a little at being called "Chief". She really didn't think of herself as a "chief" yet since the role was new to her and probably only temoporary due to the influx of new people at the base, which left the tech crews a little undermanned. "You can just call me Tia ... 'milady'," she gibes, having seen Wynn's back stiffen a little when the other pilot referred to her in that ancient vinacluar. Smiling broadly and winking at Wynn she adds, "what should we call you ... is Wynn fine ... or do you go by your last name or a nickname?".

Pulling out her data pad she quickly accesses the base personnel directory and searches for the new arrival's names. Finding them all together she reads off the room assignments one at a time. "It looks like Taps and Paps are rooming together down in the visitor's end of the crew quarters. Kelvin and Tobler are up at the crew end of the crew's quarters. I know the layout of the base pretty well if you would me to show you to your quarters?" she says with a smile.

Ris
27 November 2004, 08:09 AM
"You can just call me Tia ... 'milady'..."Smiling broadly and winking at Wynn she adds, "what should we call you ... is Wynn fine ... or do you go by your last name or a nickname?".
Wyn shakes out her hair, again. Having siblings meant she'd learned to tolerate a degree of teasing, even if she didn't always enjoy it..."Wynn is my nickname to friends, Chief Tia. She lowered her voice & winked back, "And I guess it'll have to do for wretched scum & villainy like these latest arrivals. Oh, Antilles is for On-Duty, and anyone who's got orders for me."

As Tia consulted her datapad, Wynn one-handedly undid the side clasps on her flak vest & wiggled her shoulders to get more comfortable. Tia offered to take the newcomers to their quarters & Wynn commented, "You're gonna need someone on your wing for that. Now let's get going--that can be an order, since everyone seems to think I rank 'em," she added with another toss of her head.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
27 November 2004, 05:40 PM
Kelvin winces from the mention of a No.15 Hydrospaner, then recovers with a slight nervous chuckle... He notices Vookoo speak with the female pilot, paying special attention to the usage of words...


"Pleased to meet you, Mr. Radegant. Welcome to Eden."

Bowing down, "Why thankyou, Milady Antiles, pleased to meet you to!" Kelvin says happily, finishing with a mock salute.


Overhearing the mechanic talk about quarters and speaking his name, which perks his attention naturally, he listens to the Lt and her talk about rooms. Still feeling plenty cheerful, he walks over to them, wearing a happy grin

"I'd be much obliged to be shown to my quarters where I could get settled in!" Bowing to both of the ladies, "Looks like I owe an apology of titles I mistakenly assumed proudly from my last post - Cheif Tia Milady!" With a playful grin, "So how's about it? No hard feelins right?"

Gyp Ryol
28 November 2004, 10:40 AM
As Tobler had stood off to the side of the group, he inconspicuously spat some chomp-chew out the side of his mouth. Finden Rebel crimen-makers on Corellia, ya right. Mesa goin this far outsiden mesa jurisdiction meanin one ting: someboden wantin get rid o' Tobler Grizbain. Okeeday. Mesa do such bombad job theysen hafta promote mesa.


Nods to Tobler, standing off by himself and looking vaguely uncomfortable, and semi-jokingly says "Vooko Zeelas, Silent Gungan. What brings you to the next-to-the-farthest point from the Bright Center of the Galaxy?"

Tobler snaps out of his inner monologue and looks up at the Human who addressed him. He nods and begins to open his mouth when he is interrupted.


Watching Vookoo introduce himself to the Gungan, "Vookoo - Tobler, Tobler - Vookoo" Kelvin pitched in, waving a thumb over to each of them "Tobler, meet one of my kin & best bud in this entire galaxy! That Awing of his, we built in our grandma's barn - a family project of sorts. Vookoo, this is Tobler. I was sent along with him to find a few persons. He's been great company for the trip, and he's smarter than yer average Gungan."

Tobler inwardly winces at the phrase 'smarter than yer average Gungan.' One more time, mesa stereotype goen before mesa. He keeps his face blank as he lankily walks over to the two Humans. Towering over the pair, he stoops slightly to talk to them. He shakes hands with Vookoo. "Tobler Grizbain, at your service." His voice, though speaking near normal Basic, still contains a bit of the Gungan accent. "A pleasure to meet you. Your friend here was a very...interesting travelling companion." Tobler gives Kelvin a look of concealed frustration. He turns back to regard Vookoo. "To answer your question, I am here on a matter of...security."

He straightens to his full height and chews on his chomp-chew a little more out of relief. He had made it through that all right, without any embarassing slip-ups.

Suddenly, the female mechanic works her way over to Tobler.


Seeing the Gungan she extends her hand and smiles, "Hi, my name is Tia. I've never met a Gungan before, you're from Naboo right? How was your flight in?"

Tobler takes a large breath in through his nostrils, summoning up his concentration once again. He stoops from his 2.2 meter height to shake hands with the female Human. "Tobler Grizbain, at your sevice. The flight was bearable, tank you for asking." He winces slightly. Pressing on, Tobler says, "But yes, Gungans are from Naboo, but I live on Corellia."

He straightens back up, effectively cutting off the conversation. He listens to the mechanic (Tia was it?) give the room assignments. Tobler groaned inwardly as he heard his and Kelvin's name listed together. "Thisen gonna be one longo trip," he mutters to himself.

Talon Razor 'GM'
28 November 2004, 03:37 PM
Paps watched with interest the results of interaction between everyone. First rule when casing a scenario, always understand the people involved. Know everything there was to know on how people behaved, interacted and communicated. Understanding a person was crucial. The Halos had perfected this technique, setting people at ease and making them comfortable. It was at this stage when the best information was released.

Paps noticed that Kelvin had offended just about everyone in the room, including himself. He wasn't sure if Kelvin was acting a role, was just a backwater worldsman with no social skills or was simply irrating. What really grated him was when he insulted the mechanic. He remember what his father said, A lady is a lady, regardless of species, employment or status. You always treat a lady like a lady, or you are not a gentleman.

He flashed a smile at Tia as she moved towards the Gungan, hoping to make her a little more comfortable. He listened to the Gungan talk to Kelvin and Vooko, smiling inwardly as Kelvin clumsily insulted Tobler. He straightened a bit when the Gungan mentioned security. Mulling that over in his mind, he decided he'd speak to Tobler about that.

"You are from Corellia, Officer Grizbain? Wonderful, that's Taps and I adopted homeworld. It's been awhile since we've been there, we'll have to catch up. And did I hear your mention security, Mr. Grizbain? Is there some sort of danger we are in?" As the Gungan started to responding, Paps noticed the effort he had been making to hide his accent. He leaned in and softly said, "You do not have to hide anything with me. Speak however you want to, for I do not like you to think that I will attach some pre-concieved notion to you due to mannerisms."

As room assignment were given out, he listened to Kelvin apologize and decided that his conclusion of Kelvin being backwater was correct. Wynn had departed to get cleaned up and Paps decided they should do the same.

"Let's head out Taps. We need to hunker down. We'll meet everyone in the lounge."

Together, Paps, Taps and Junie, laden with their bag, went to their room. Junie piled the bags on the bed and promptly begin inspecting the area. Taps pulled off his bandanna and opened a bag, quickly looking through various articles.

"So, thoughts?" Taps asked.
"I'll talk about it later. I've got a couple of things I want to pursue. We also need to decide how long we want to stay."
Taps shrugged. "Well, I don't care. I think we've got a nice setup here. I'm going to enjoy this."
Paps looked at him sternly. "You realize there is no going back. Everything, our family, our work, our lifestyle, ends if we stay with these people. You understand that?"
Taps stopped for a moment, pausing in pulling on a new shirt. "Yea, I know," he said quietly. "But I like the thought that we are getting back at them for killing those guys."

Taps shook his head and quickly finished dressing. "Well, let's go."

Once the twins arrived at the Lounge, Taps jumped up on the nearest table while Paps gazed at everyone inside. "Ladies and gentlebeings, Pas and Taps have arrived! And to celebrate this event, we'd like to present this to all of you." Taps held out a bottle. "Drinks are on us tonight!"

He jumped down and grabbed some glasses. Spying Wynn entering, he gave her a wide smile and said, "Would you like a glass ma'am? And maybe you could entertain us with a story of your grand and wild dogfights."

Ris
28 November 2004, 06:20 PM
Bowing down, "Why thank you, Milady Antiles, pleased to meet you to!" Kelvin says happily, finishing with a mock salute.
Wynn smiles at the man, then takes her leave of him and Vooko. "I'm going to get into something that's not orange, which should make you happy, Vooko." Honestly, his cousin's more tolerable when he's not trying to be polite.

In her cabin, she quickly strips out of her flight gear, ducks into the sonic shower & fnally pulls on her old dress, one of the few personal items that had made it to Eden so far. Once dressed, she stowed her gear so the hoses didn't kink.
She sat down on her bunk, head in hands. I'm not Lady Antilles! I hope they get tired of calling me that before I space someone... Her father had told her many times that she'd inherited some of her mother's personality. Risanne had been proud, wilful and a fighter. She'd also had a side that needed quiet & solitude, which was why she spent whatever time she could at Summersky. Tonight was one of those times Wynn felt the same way. Anymore, about the only place Wynn found that peace was in hyperspace, alone in her snub.
She was tempted to just stay in her quarters. But duty of sorts called. And both Captain & Lady Antilles had valued devotion to duty. And her father had died in the line of duty. So had her mother for that matter--Risanne may have served in a less-obvious capacity, but she had served the Viceroy loyally as well.
But it wasn't the deaths of her parents, she realized that had her so down. It wwas her squadron, Shooting Stars. She had no idea how they'd fared on that mission. She could see why Eden Base would want her transfered, but she still should be given some word about the Stars. She'd asked and been told Eden had no word...
What wwere the lyrics of that old ballad? A beautiful face without a name, a beautiful smile to hide the pain...

A few minutes later, Wynn entered the Lounge. She'd hoped to slip in unseen, but no luck.

{Taps} jumped down and grabbed some glasses. Spying Wynn entering, he gave her a wide smile and said, "Would you like a glass ma'am? And maybe you could entertain us with a story of your grand and wild dogfights."
Wynn accepted a drink with the "beautiful smile," but refused his request. "Not tonight, Mr. Halo. I want to be able to appreciate this." Actually, Wynn wasn't going to have more than a few sips, especially not when she was going to see the Base's CO the next day. After another social comment or 2, the pilot went to get her dinner, including more soda.
Wynn took her tray over to her favorite seat, and settled in. She hoped the twins were too busy playing hosts for the next arrivals to not notice for quite some time. If so, she could just sit there & relax for a while. Then she'd slip back to her A-wing. No one thought a pilot checking over her "darling" was odd. She wouldn't be able to fly it tonight. Even as lax as Eden seemed to be, Control wasn't going to give clearance for an unnecessary night flight by a lone pilot. She'd only gotten cleared for day flights because she had to get accustomed to an A & Eden didn't have a simulator.

Jemma
29 November 2004, 05:15 AM
Tobler takes a large breath in through his nostrils, summoning up his concentration once again. He stoops from his 2.2 meter height to shake hands with the female Human. "Tobler Grizbain, at your sevice. The flight was bearable, tank you for asking." He winces slightly. Pressing on, Tobler says, "But yes, Gungans are from Naboo, but I live on Corellia."

He straightens back up, effectively cutting off the conversation. He listens to the mechanic (Tia was it?) give the room assignments. Tobler groaned inwardly as he heard his and Kelvin's name listed together. "Thisen gonna be one longo trip," he mutters to himself.

Smiling at the Gungan, noticing that he is trying to cover up the classic Gungan accent she has heard numerous times on the vid, Tia reaches out and puts her hand on his arm, ”Mr Grizbain, I ummm … worked …. in a starport on Dantooine and I have heard the accents of many beings, please do not be afraid to speak naturally with me, I find the traditional Gungan accent … charming. Please let me show you to your quarters”. Turning with the Gungan she winces as she sees Kelvin approaching the two of them.


"I'd be much obliged to be shown to my quarters where I could get settled in!" Bowing to both of the ladies, "Looks like I owe an apology of titles I mistakenly assumed proudly from my last post - Cheif Tia Milady!" With a playful grin, "So how's about it? No hard feelins right?"

Tia laughs at the ‘Chief Tia Milady’ joke and smiles broadly at Kelvin’s attempted apology, Maybe he isn’t so bad after all, she thinks to herself, and he is kinda cute … in an outdoorsy sort of way. Chuckling to herself at the thought she takes his and the Gungan’s arm and starts off toward their quarters. Turning to see if the Far’ghul are coming she notices that they have already left and are heading in the right direction so she takes Kelvin and Tobler to their quarters making small talk along the way.

Stopping in front of the first door she pulls it open and she says, ”Well, Mr. Grizbain, here are your quarters”.

A couple of doors down she opens another door and politely motions Kelvin into his quarters. “I will see you at dinner then Mr. Radegant,” she asks with a big smile on her face, as he slides past her into the room.

After showing the two new arrivals to their quarters Tia heads back to her own, determined to get all of the grease off her face and hands and also out of her hair. Hopping into the sonic shower she scrubs vigorously at the grease spots she can see in the shower’s little mirror, using the special cleaner that she bought for just this purpose. As she is cleaning off the last of the smudges she smiles to herself thinking about the new A-wing pilot Vooko and his cousin Kelvin.

Stepping out of the shower she moves quickly about her room getting dressed. She only has one real dress and as she picks it out of the closet she decides that, given the personalities she just met, tonight might get a little rowdy so she puts it back and decides to wear her usual off-duty clothes. Sliding into the tight, black leather, low-rise pants and cropped, white, tank top she is so comfortable in she decides in might be chilly in the lounge so she grabs her black leather, ribbed jacket and throws that on but doesn’t zip it up. Sliding her feet into the knee-high, black leather boots she stands up and heads for the lounge.


Wynn took her tray over to her favorite seat, and settled in. She hoped the twins were too busy playing hosts for the next arrivals to not notice for quite some time. If so, she could just sit there & relax for a while. Then she'd slip back to her A-wing. No one thought a pilot checking over her "darling" was odd. She wouldn't be able to fly it tonight. Even as lax as Eden seemed to be, Control wasn't going to give clearance for an unnecessary night flight by a lone pilot. She'd only gotten cleared for day flights because she had to get accustomed to an A & Eden didn't have a simulator.

Seeing Wynn sit down away from the others, Tia decides it would be nice to have a quiet moment or two with her before things got too noisy. Blushing a bright red as she walks up to the table with her tray and notices that Wynn is wearing a very pretty dress, she almost turns away thinking that she just hasn’t quite got the knack of how a woman should dress in social situations yet. Having been a slave for so long on Dantooine she didn’t even have a dress until she joined the Rebel Alliance. Steeling up her courage she decides to stay and quietly says “Do you mind if I join you? I thought maybe we could talk and get to know each other a little better … maybe you could tell me how you like your snub configured during pre-flight … or … something?”

:daala:

Vanger Chevane
29 November 2004, 04:11 PM
"Tobler Grizbain, at your service." His voice, though speaking near normal Basic, still contains a bit of the Gungan accent. "A pleasure to meet you. Your friend here was a very...interesting travelling companion." Tobler gives Kelvin a look of concealed frustration. He turns back to regard Vookoo. "To answer your question, I am here on a matter of...security."
Raises an eyebrow at Tobler's careful pronuciation and the mix of Correlian and Gungan accents. He's worked pretty hard on his speech and is probly a bit touchy about Naboo, and especially Gungans being generally percieved as more than a bit Provincial. Course Kelvin's silliness didn't help any, even though he only intends to entertain.

Responds with his odd "native" accent - vaguely Corellian with touches of accents from over a dozen Core to Mid Rim worlds (OOC: Kinda like Cristopher Lambert's in Highlander - "Where are you from?" "Lots of places." :P)

"Quite interesting given the people present. We should consider seriously discussing what our situation may be at a later time, but decidedly prior to tomorrow's meeting with Command."
Fighter-cover required for this "Security" mission or do we have at least one present under serious suspicion? This is quickly looking to be another Nukvunt Assignment that's going to be breaking up and leaking hard radiation without warning.



"I'm going to get into something that's not orange, which should make you happy, Vooko."
Chuckles, and lifts an eyebrow. Joke or veiled invitation? Play it off and find out later.
Sketches a bow, "I as well, see you there."

Seeing the group breaking up in several directions, stops by the Flight Operations Office to drop off the datacard containing the Very Boring Report on the flight to the Debriefing Officer, then heads to his quarters to clean up.

Going the the small bag that effectively held the sum total of his
personal life - and was largely occupied by a Non-Regulation flight suit & helmet - after a short, but enjoyable stay in the 'Fresher. What to wear, what to wear. What is there to wear? I've no credits and nowhere to spend them if I did.

Enters the lounge in a was-obviously-wadded-into-the-smallest-space-possible gray shipsuit that does everything but have a tag on it saying "Imperial Surplus" along with his only belt still carrying an assortment of tool, powerpack, and utility pouches.

Scanning for the others he notes Paps & Taps engaged in some Drinking Game with some of the base personnel he didn't recognize (the vast majority), then Wynn and Tia chatting in a corner Doesn't look like a good time to interrupt.

Heading for the Caf Distiller, he can hear one of the Farghul chanting to some unfortunate player "Drink, drink!"...

Gyp Ryol
29 November 2004, 05:50 PM
"Quite interesting given the people present. We should consider seriously discussing what our situation may be at a later time, but decidedly prior to tomorrow's meeting with Command."

Tobler simply nods. "I am sure we will speak more of it dis evening." Frack! Mesa doin so berry good, too, curses the Gungan silently.


Smiling at the Gungan, noticing that he is trying to cover up the classic Gungan accent she has heard numerous times on the vid, Tia reaches out and puts her hand on his arm, ”Mr Grizbain, I ummm … worked …. in a starport on Dantooine and I have heard the accents of many beings, please do not be afraid to speak naturally with me, I find the traditional Gungan accent … charming. Please let me show you to your quarters.”

Tobler smiles pertly, and breaks off his physical contact with the mechanic. "Charming is not the word I would use." He spits out a bit of his chomp-chew juice. He reaches down to grab his duffel bag. "Please lead the way."

Once again, he avoids contact with the female mechanic, walking with his hands crossed behind his back and falling slightly behind Kelvin and the female mechanic. He sees one of the Farghul pilots approach him and heaves a small sigh. Ye Gods! Mesa just wanten to go mesa room.


"You are from Corellia, Officer Grizbain? Wonderful, that's Taps and I adopted homeworld. It's been awhile since we've been there, we'll have to catch up. And did I hear your mention security, Mr. Grizbain? Is there some sort of danger we are in?" As the Gungan started to responding, Paps noticed the effort he had been making to hide his accent. He leaned in and softly said, "You do not have to hide anything with me. Speak however you want to, for I do not like you to think that I will attach some pre-concieved notion to you due to mannerisms."

Tobler turns to the Farghul with a hairsbreadth of patience left. The eyes perched on the top of his head blink several times as he bears down on the Farghul. Speaking with the kind of crisp articulation brought on only by seething anger, Tobler snaps, "This. Is. How. I. Want. To. Speak. I would appreciate it if this is never a subject of conversation between us. Ever. Again." He spits once again out of the side of his mouth, and turns with military crispness on his heel.

He marches swiftly behind Tia and Kelvin, but feels no surge of joy when he gets his own room, seperated from Kelvin. Tobler nods once and heads into his room. He shuts the door behind him and marches straight to the sink in the room. On his way, he flings his duffel bag violently onto the bed. He violently spits the rest of the chomp-chew out into the sink and rinses the unappetizing goo down the drain.

He grips the sides of the sink and looks at himself in the mirror. "Dis is mesa. Dis is whosa mesa chosen to beein. Dey no udderstad dat, okeeday. No mesa problem." He takes a deep breath to collect himself. The Gungan straightens his vest and heads out of his room.

The tall Gungan walks with a slight stoop in the hallways, which barely accomodate his immense height. He finally reaches the cafeteria, and looks around apprehensively. He stands at the entrance looking out at the sea of unfamiliar faces, shifting his weight from side to side. Give mesa gamblin hall fulla cheaters ovah dese guys.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 December 2004, 02:16 AM
Kelvin was happily led by the arm to his new quarters by the mechanic named Tia. Kelvin replied enthusiastically to her invite with a grin, "See you there!"

Once the door was closed, Kelvin tossed his satchel onto the bed, then the rifle and bow upright against the bed. Kelvin checked his suite out - closet, and the smal refresher room. Kelvin let out a rowdy whoop and arm pump upon discovery of actual water taps and shower. None of that sonic starship stuff.

Checking himself in the mirror, almost thought he'd pass, then on second thought, wasted no time getting into the shower. Short while later, Kelvin was done and the 'fresher room was filled with steam thicker than homemade chowder. Kelvin fumbled around, finally found the door, grabbed a towel, and went over to the bed. Dug out some items and went back. Ohyeah, just as good as them natural springs back on Varonat! Now that was refreshing!

Few minutes later with the 'fresher door wide open the steam cleared, what was left was the walls litterally dripping wet. Grabbing another towel, wipped off the mirror and readied himself for the evening's festivities. Kelvin couldn't decide whether to leave his hair as it was, style it or slightly tassle it... Kelven left it as is, it had a natural wavey-curlyness to it, like mom had. There wasnt a single style product out there that could beat it's naturallness.

Kelvin dug out a clean pair of baggy tan slacks, navy blue tunic, and his other brown nerf-hide vest which was just cleaned before the ship-ride over... This particular one was hand-crafted. Shoving a handful of creds into one of his pockets, he was ready for the evening. Oh yeah. good food, good company, with Vookoo, good times... good times...specially good company Kelvin smiled to himself thinking of the ladies as he locked his quarters shut and headed for the lounge area with a slight spring to his steps. Kelvin was most definately in a 'feel good' mood.

Upon reaching the lounge without too much difficulty he spotted several familiar faces right away. Tobler, Vookoo, a crowd with them cats, and - whow-ho, the ladies are here!. Kelvin chose his route - a walk by the ladie's table on over to Vookoo, possibly make a return trip in the not to distant future.. WIth the game plan set, Kelvin went towards the ladie's table, with a smile, slight wave and tilt of his head, spun around on his heels as he walked past and shifted to walk backwards facing them.

Kelvin did a goofy little shuffle as he walked - strode backwards. His feet tripped up, sending Kelvin falling backwards to the floor and a surprised expression on his face, Kelvin managed to half-twist on the way down and landed on his side with a resounding "whaa-oooof!"

With the ladies still in view as they peered over the table, Kelvin gave them a silly playful far-away look, then shook his head with a silly grin, waving his fingers with the arm he was leaning on, and gave the thumbs up with the other hand and a wink. Kelvin picked himself up, brushed himself off and waved again, with a cheerful "Hi! I meant to drop by, but not quite like that!" Without skipping a beat, thoughtfull expresion and smile "Say, I was just heading over for some refreshements, was there anything I could get you ladies?"

Jemma
2 December 2004, 05:11 AM
Tia smiled and her face lit up as Kelvin walked by the table where she and Wynn were having their discussion. Listening to Wynn but paying attention to Kelvin, Tia watched as he turned around but continued on walking backwards so he could watch them as he went. <i>He really is kinda cute,</i> she thought to herself as she watched him.

When he tripped and fell she started to standup, concern crossing her face but seeing that he was alright she sat back down and giggled at his antics. Still smiling at his joke she says, <b>"I'll take something to drink ... if you don't mind ... your choice."</b>

:daala:

Vanger Chevane
2 December 2004, 03:53 PM
Vooko winces after tasting his cup of caf. Emperor's Black Bones! It's weak and nasty. What Decicred Caf are they loading in here?

Digging a few tools and his datapad from belt pouches he calls up a file Ruuvi - ever the consummate Caf Aficianado - had made him slice from the Rodian's terminal. Consulting it he pops off a side access panel exposing the Main Settings board.

An unfamiliar voice, presumably belonging to someone waiting to refill their cup comes from over his shoulder "Problem?" "Yeah, it dribbles out swill." Temp down 2 degrees...pressure up 500 grams per...switch tools Unconsciously putting the tweaker he was using into his mouth for safkeeping & ease-of-retrieval, checks the pad's displayed specsheet, "Think you can get it to do better" "Prbleh." reduce the height of the cooling stack by 2cm, and... Replacing & securing the coverplate, wipes off the tools on the legof his shipsuit, then files them and the closed datapad into the proper pouches enirely and accurately by touch alone.

He then pours out his cup into the drain, sets it back under the dispenser & start it up, this time it making some rumbling and pinging noises Vooko had long ago learned to associate with a properly tuned distiller.

"Stang, that things sounds like the rattletrap the ground crew has." Looking at the as-expected unfamiliar face, "You presume that the people who keep your snub in good working order wouldn't keep their Caf Machine in top-flight condition? Your reasoning is blatantly flawed." With a sigh, the top of the distiller spews forth a mushroom cloud of vaguely foul-smelling steam, and burbles out a cup of Caf.

While the chatty pilot is still goggling over Vooko's response, he grabs his cup and walks toward the table Wynn & Tia are at. Spotting Kelvin hamming it up as usual, can't help but smirk. One of these days you're going to Court Jester someone into braining you with a Caf Cup or bottle My Brother.

Taking a sip a curious look crosses his face. Huh, just a hint of Lymon, surprisingly good given the Pudu they load that thing with.

Ris
2 December 2004, 07:33 PM
Wynn looks up as she senses someone approaching the small couch she's claimed. She's relieved it's Tia & smiles a welcome.

Steeling up her courage she decides to stay and quietly says “Do you mind if I join you? I thought maybe we could talk and get to know each other a little better … maybe you could tell me how you like your snub configured during pre-flight … or … something?”
Wynn notes the woman looking at her dress. Yeah, she must think I'm fashion-challenged, wearing something this old & unsuitable. I wish I had some of my casual clothes. That outfit looks great. Wynn pats the couch. "Have a seat. As for my A, you should probably give me some reccomendations. I've been an X-wing jock up til 4 days ago, you know. You wouldn't be able to add an astromech brain to an A could you?" she asks. It's not totally facetious. Wynn loves the A's grace & speed, but really misses having a droid companion.
eventually Wynn turns the conversation to clothing, lack thereof. "I really need to get some more clothes--my stuff probably won't make it here before I make General. Is there any sort of BX here?"

Antilles watches Kelvin's approach. Oh please... she thinks. She turns back to Tia to ask how long the young Chief's been at Eden. But Wynn pauses as she notes her companion's interest in Kelvin. Ah ho, Tia is captivated. I'd better keep an eye on her. She's just like my little sis Donella. I think I'd best be chaperone if he comes back this way, the way she's looking at him. And he's certainly aware of it. A bad combination, in my experience.



While the chatty pilot is still goggling over Vooko's response, he grabs his cup and walks toward the table Wynn & Tia are at.
At least something's going right. H'es not bad looking either--rather good looking in fact. Wynn moves over just a little on the sofa. "C'mon Vooko, I saved you a seat!" Wynn gestures for him to sit beisde her. "What took you so long? Since you're still up, be a dear & get a pticher of the fizzy stuf--the soda. And surprise us with some munchies? PLease?"

Talon Razor 'GM'
2 December 2004, 11:02 PM
It seemed to Paps that it took Taps about two seconds before he gathered most of the lounge's citizens and begun some kind of game involving liquior. Wynn obivously wanted to be alone and both Far'ghuls moved on, quickly knowing the rest of the base's staff.

Paps watched Tia enter and join Wynn. The two women chatted before Kelvin approached and made himself look like a complete goof, the kind women found charming. Paps noted the look Tia gave him and filed that away for future reference. He then turned his attention to Tobler and thought about his reaction.

Paps had been a bit suprised when the Gungan had snapped. A Far'ghul had a very diffcult time understanding shame of one's background, if that was indeed what Tobler's reaction was about. The idea of specism was a horrid concept to Paps and all he had tried to do was reassure the Gungan. Ah well, thought Paps, you can't win them all. This Gungan may have a reason to attempt to his birthrights.

Still, as Paps watched the lone figure stand in the doorway, he couldn't help but feel sorry for him a bit. At least Paps knew Taps and Junie. This Gungan knew no one.

Paps grabbed two glasses from the table and approached. "Mr. Grizbian, I believe we got off on the wrong foot somehow and I apologize. Let's start over. Would you like a drink and then perhaps join the rest of us at that table?" He motioned to the table that now held Vooko and everyone else.

Meanwhile, Taps was evidently being asked to sing something from his days as an up-and-coming singer. The small crowd, fairly full of strong drink, chanted "Sing!". He grinned, and not to reluctantly, jumped back on the table. Pausing a moment, he bursted into an old Alderaanian lullaby.


Now close your eyes, my pet
My little one, - and float away
It's time for stars, - and moons
To have their play, - now float away
Your bed will float on dreams
Of milk and starry scenes
Now close your eyes,
Now close your eyes

You've grown a big lot to day
Now take your rest, - Good Night, - Good Night
When you awake, you'll be strong
Strong enough to grow a whole lot more

It was a simple, typical Alderaanian lullaby, a bittersweet, haunting tune. The small gathering of techs, soldiers and mechancis quieted down a bit as they listened. Taps' strong, melidious voice floated over most of the lounge....

Ris
4 December 2004, 09:44 AM
Wynn thought Vooko didn't reply right away because he was surprised she'd asked for 2 different things. "Ah, just sit--We've got enough for now, unless you're getting some after parking your caf cup." I must be more tired than I thought. Wonder if I'm not really quite recovered from the EV escapade? Well, I'm sure not going back to Medical & asking them--I'll miss out on whatever Gen. Reu Lai has for us--and then I'd die of boredom. Might use at it an excuse to turn in early. Medical had wanted to keep her at least another day or 2, & had released her only because the Base Command Staff was so eager to see her in their only A-wing.
"I was asking Tia if she had any ideas to fancy up my snub--besides bright purple racing stripes or an astromech?"

Jus then she heard a familiar haunting tune. The words Taps sang were unfamiliar, but it was Alderaanian. Tia had only heard variations played for court entertainment and hadn't even realized it was originally a lullaby, with lyrics like that it couldn't be anything else. Wynn started to rise to leave before memories got the better of her. Then she recalled Tia's facination with Kelvin. She wasn't going to leave Tia alone here. She settled back down, closing her eyes. It's only a song & it won't hurt if you don't let it, she told herself, as she leaned back in her seat, eyes briefly closed.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
6 December 2004, 02:53 AM
Kelvin grins, "My choice? Alrighty! I'll see what I can find to wet yer whistles! Though i'm hoping they have something better than Jet Juice - the stuff that'll de-grease yer tools and light bonfires on a rainy night..." Kelvin speaks, then turns towards the bar.

"Heya Vookoo! I'll join ya'll in a quick bit, going for some drinks!" Kelvin replies happily and walks off.

Over at the counter, Kelvin grabs a tray, a stack of glasses, a pitcher of iced water, two bowls of mixed snaks then frowns Frak, This ain't gonna all fit... Ah! there's a cart!. Kelvin sets the tray down momentarily, and clears the cart of the cups & dishs basin, places his own tray attop. Perfect. now for some drinks... Hmm, what is there and what to get? Kelvin thinks to himself.

A couple minutes later of loading and re-organizing the cart's top and lower trays, Kelvin had it all figured out, neatly arranged, paid for out of his own cred chips and was gently pushing it back towards their table. Someone started to sing a song, Kelvin looked, it was one of the cats that brought them here. Kelvin still didn't know which was which - their names were too similar. Apearances aside, they sounded the same and acted the same.

Kelvin arrived back at their table by the time the song was sung. "Well, I hope everyone's thirsty! I've a little bit of an assortment here! We've got these munchie snak things, we've got a pitcher of ice cold water, next we've got a few shots of Coruscanti Brandy, several cans of Fizzyglug soda, one Polanis Red, one Tarkenian Nightflower, a flask of Rylothian Rum, one Tarkenian Nightflower, a couple of Tatooine Sunburns, and my favorite - Blue Starburst. Man I love this drink as much as I love starin at it - just lookit them blue moving clouds!"

Kelvin speaks as he unloads the lower shelf of the cart - the pitcher of water, a stack of glasses, and two bowls of snaks which consisted of brown sticks, round and cube shaped breads, and multi colored wafers. All the other beverages were neatly arranged on the top of the cart and Kelvin was offering to serve. "So, what'll it be? Don't be shy, theres lots and its all paid for - my treat!" Kelvin said with a smile.

Without delay Kelvin found himself a seat - beside the cart and across from Tia, and decided to start with sharing an amusing tale about some of the great times he's had with his last group of friends.

"So, all we need is a bonfire, few more friends sitting around the bonfire, jolly good music, some fresh game roasting on a spit above the bonfire, and a few people to play the good music and we could call this a shindig!

I gotta tell you all - the last time I had a really great shindig was back at the training camp on Varonat. Had one every saturday night since we were able to kick back and hang'em and not wake up til mid afternoon sunday. Yeah, sundays were our laundry and anything else days. I and a few fellas always caught the best game the planet had, large as a nerf and tasted somewheres between nerf and bantha. Never knew what they were called. We all had these huge mugs, and had the best bulk imported liquors that actually came in large plasteel barrels or kegs! Ha! I can still remember reading some of the shipment lables on them - Moff Drestel, or Grand Moff Heutner at so and so palace on so and so planet in so and so sector! Funny how they wound up here eh?

We'd all sit 'round that bonfire, shoot the nerf, tell jokes and stories or whatever. When the game was done, all ye needed was a knife and an empty hand to cut & hold yerself a hunk to chew on. Booze, buddies, cooked game all 'round a bonfire under the clearest starry sky you ever could've imagined! I tell ya, you've never tasted such good tasting food until you've eaten outside, middle of the wilderness. The great outdoors just does something to the flavor. Maybe its the aroma of the chopped wood burning and the color of the bright orangy glowing embers, the fresh scent of the fauna and trees surounding.

There we're several who knew how to play and had brought their instruments, we even crafted some of our own! They'd play merry tunes, we'd all sing along and dance to the tune! At the very end which was very very late, some of us managed to find our bunks, others passing out by the firepit was fine too. And lots of us just sat or layed back, usually too tanked to walk anways, and just lookup and stare at the sky - just loose yourself gazing up into the black endless depth speckled with bright white stars. It was great comadrie. "

As Kelvin spoke, he smiled and settled into his chair, guestured vividly with his hands at times, made sure he was speaking to all at the table, forgetting no-one, and reminisced cheerfully. Only pausing occasionally to take a sip of his drink.

As Kelvin finished, he asked, "So, who's next?" with a curios smile.

Jemma
6 December 2004, 05:00 AM
Tia watches Kelvin walk across the room to the bar, thinking back to another man that she had thought was "cute", Dax Hoban, the young rebel soldier who had rescued her from her life as an indentured servant working for Ganner Saar on Dantooine. She was technically a slave, but not his slave, she had escaped from the slaver she had been sold too but he threatened to turn her in to the authorities if she didn't work for him so she might as well have been his slave, it felt that way anyway. <i>I wonder whatever happened to Dax</i>, she thought, <i>after we became seperated during the Imperial raid on Dantooine we lost touch, hmmm ... that was what ... 2 years ago now ... there didn't seem to be too much time or room for love when you were part of the Rebel Alliance</i>.

Turning back to Wynn she blushed, not realizing that she had been lost in her own thoughts there for a minute. <b>"Your A-wing, right, well ... we could definitely do some work on the engine, they aren't usually tuned to peak performance straight from the factory, there is always room for improvement there," </b> she says smiling as Vooko joins them. <b>"I guess we could also replace the engine with a bigger one like your wingman did,"</b> she says gesturing to Vooko, <b>"but that would be expensive and would require some time to complete."</b>

As the song began Tia turned to see the Far'ghul singing and smiled, having heard this song before but not really remembering where she had heard it. The song seemed to stir happy memories within her, memories of her dead parents. As the song came to an end she turned back around, <b>"Then there is the weaponry ... we could ....,"</b> she started to say but stopped when she realized that Wynn had stood up as if to leave and then sat back down with her eyes closed and a slightly pained look on her face. Smiling at her with a little concern she asks, <b>"Is something wrong? Are you feeling alright? Weren't you just released from medical? Should I get a droid?"</b>.

Kelvin arrives back at the table as Wynn reassures her that everything is alright but a look passes between the two women, a look that conveys a feeling of loss shared between two people who have both lost much in their lives. With a reassuring smile Tia reaches out and puts her hand on Wynn's arm and then turns back to Kelvin as he starts talking about the drinks he has brought back from the bar. She had never heard of most of the drinks that he brought back, not being much of a drinker herself. She usually stuck with water, kaf, juice, soda, or the occasional ale.

Smiling over at him she says, <b>"Hmmmm ... I'm not sure ... what's good? I think I would prefer something a little fruity and definitely nothing that tastes like degreaser,"</b> she adds with a giggle, <b>"how about you choose for me since I've never heard of most of them"</b>.

Tia listened intently as Kelvin told his stories about training camp, the outdoors, sleeping under the stars, and camp fires, while she sipped at the drink that he had chosen for her. She had never done any of these things but they sounded wonderful. Most of her life had been spent on starships, the only time they she had slept outdoors was while she was living on the streets on Dantooine and then she was much too worried about her next meal to really take any notice of things like the stars. As Kelvin finishes his story and asks "So, who's next?", Tia blushes and looks down at the table. Pulling down the sleeve of her jacket to hide the tatoo that marked her as a slave on Dantooine she quietly whispers, <b>"I'm sorry ... I don't have any ... any good stories."</b>

Ris
6 December 2004, 04:50 PM
Turning back to Wynn she blushed, not realizing that she had been lost in her own thoughts there for a minute. "Your A-wing, right, well ...
Wynn pretended not to notice that Tia's thoughts had strayed, while she listened to the other woman's suggestions. "I think this one is factory-new--but you've done very well getting it ready to fly."


"Then there is the weaponry ... we could ....," she started to say but stopped when she realized that Wynn had stood up as if to leave and then sat back down with her eyes closed and a slightly pained look on her face. Smiling at her with a little concern she asks, "Is something wrong? Are you feeling alright? Weren't you just released from medical? Should I get a droid?"
"No, I'm ok. Just a little tired, Tia. You know how many hours I'ved logged in that A since I got out of Medical 4 days ago. I'm glad somebody cares.

Wynn reassures her that everything is alright but a look passes between the two women, a look that conveys a feeling of loss shared between two people who have both lost much in their lives. With a reassuring smile Tia reaches out and puts her hand on Wynn's arm
Wynn smiles, more at ease than she's been for a while. Perhaps she's just been lonely. "So what kind of weapons do you have in mind? The designers seem to have forgotten you're supposed to shoot things with a snub," she grinned. The pilot refused the alcoholic drinks, but did accept more soda, as she listened to Kelvin's tale. Maybe he wasn't so bad. Now if only Vooko would get in a few words around his loquacious cousin.
Like Tia, she's at a loss for any stories. "I'm just too tired to do anything but listen tonight, sorry. Maybe another night." If I can think of anything that doesn't involve noble trappings. I just don't want to explain

Vanger Chevane
6 December 2004, 07:04 PM
As Wynn says:

Since you're still up, be a dear & get a pticher of the fizzy stuf--the soda. And surprise us with some munchies? PLease?"
Immediately follwed by Kelvin's

"Heya Vookoo! I'll join ya'll in a quick bit, going for some drinks!" Kelvin replies happily and walks off."
Knowing full well Kelvin would come back with at least enough for everyone, and presuming he'd picked up on Wynn's request, lifts an eyebrow at

"Ah, just sit--We've got enough for now, unless you're getting some after parking your caf cup."
She's not tracking at that well, how will this affect her on long-range Recon runs A-Wings typically pursue?

Sets his cup down a takes a seat, keeping a surreptitious eye on his wingmate.


"Your A-wing, right, well ... we could definitely do some work on the engine, they aren't usually tuned to peak performance straight from the factory, there is always room for improvement there," she says smiling as Vooko joins them. "I guess we could also replace the engine with a bigger one like your wingman did," she says gesturing to Vooko, "but that would be expensive and would require some time to complete."
I'd suspect it'd be more than that. My ship was engineered to accomodate RV3's, along with mountings for Novaldex J77's as well as those for a Y-Wing in the basic design as The Family is used to having to improvise to keep a competetive edge, and comes with precalculated specs for those refits.

The stock A-Wing, although shop-built, is designed and engineered like any mass-manufactured ship. Changing the engines, and/or using higher-compression fuel tanks like mine will change the ship's mass and center, requiring fuel-mass rations and intertial damping to be totally recalculated from the altered simulation. I might be able to contact Commander Grun & find out if he's a copy of the program Ruuvi used to preset the specs, then hope the rest of the structure & systems are held constant & can be scaled to-stock, but that's something I'd rather trust to a reliable Flight Engineer.

Sits back & sips his caf as the song plays through Kelvin's return.

Remebering Wynn saying
So what kind of weapons do you have in mind? The designers seem to have forgotten you're supposed to shoot things with a snub," Adding weapons on a stock-job will have guranteed drawbacks, mine was redesigned from the specsheet up as Mom thought it was undergunned. The RV3's are there mostly for powering quad cannon, but the fuel consumption is significantly greater for it. I somehow doubt this base has the same resources and specialty experience I had at home. (noding to Tia) No offense intended.

As Kelvin temporarily wound down, "I'd rather hear about this "some guy" you & Tobler are supposed to pick up. Since fetching him seems to require Starfighter Support, I'd like to know a bit more about what Rancor Trap we're being thrown at."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 December 2004, 02:54 AM
As Kelvin temporarily wound down, "I'd rather hear about this "some guy" you & Tobler are supposed to pick up. Since fetching him seems to require Starfighter Support, I'd like to know a bit more about what Rancor Trap we're being thrown at."

Taking another sip of his Blue Starburst before putting it down and clasping his hands on the table, "Vookoo my good brother, I know as much about this dude, dudes or dude'etts tails we're gonna be chasen, my pardon's to the two cats that brought us here - as I was sayin - I know as much about it as a Bantha stuck in the middle of a droid factory. And that Bantha's about as clueless as I am right about now. I reckon Tobler knows something, and that this base's commander knows the rest. I was on Corellia for barely a day, got paired up with Tobler, and was sent out here without further explanation." Kelvin finished, and placed his hand at the back of his head and leaned back into the chair.

Changing notes, "So! we're clueless on most of the assignment details. I told ya about the best Shindigs i've had the luxury of partaken in. So, what else can we share or yammer about while the nights' has not even begun?" Kelvin asks in good spirit

Jemma
9 December 2004, 12:20 PM
Tia smiles at Kelvin and leans back in her seat too, sipping at the drink he chose for her. <b>"How about if you tell us about your childhood ... about how you and Vookoo know each other. Did you grow up together, how exactly are you related? What kind of trouble did you get yourselves into?"</b>

Vanger Chevane
9 December 2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Jemma
"How about if you tell us about your childhood ... about how you and Vookoo know each other. Did you grow up together, how exactly are you related? What kind of trouble did you get yourselves into?"
OOC: The Holonet uses VB-style [] brackets for tags instead of the <> HTML ones. I end up editing more post for forgetting to switch from one to the other... :P

Setting down his cup, Vooko calmly replies.

"We grew up together. Kelvin's my Semi-Cousin, we share 2 of the same mothers.

Growing up and traveling with a Racing Team certainly offered plenty of opportunity for mischief. Anything in particular you want to hear about?"

Ris
9 December 2004, 05:19 PM
Wynn was relaxing more as the conversation on one of her favorite topics--snubbies--continued. And she was happy that her wing had joined them. He was friendly & reasonably good-looking. He also knew how to converse. She still wished that she'd taken the opportunity earlier to get to know him without a crowd. There were things she was interested in that she didn't want to ask with an audience.

Cinowynn smiled as he finished his dissertation on the difficulties of modifying snubs. "Wow, you can go on about snub mods as long as my brother can about archtectural design. He's always been into making buildings. Even when we were little kids he was drawing plans for everything from spacestations to palaces. I had a wonderful dollhouse built from his plans."
Her voice is full of affection. Returning to snubs, the pilot sighed wistfully, "Well, I doubt I've the creds for mods even if they were a lot less troublesome than these sound. And even if I could afford it, I don't own the snubbie I'm flying now. I don't even have a say over who refuels it," she added, looking at her wing. "Oh, well, talking about it's still fun, and who knows..." She wondered what she did have in the way of credits.

Wynn listened closely when Vooko asked Kelvin about the upcoming mission, & was disappointed to learn that the man knew nothing more than they did. Mention of the mission did remind her of one thing.
"After the briefing, I have to report to Medical for a physical. Not unexpected, since I was just cleared to fly again." While Vooko & probably Tia knew that it was standard for a pilot recently cleared to have another check-up after a week or so, Kelvin--and Tobler, if he was even listening--might not.
Wynn grinned at Tia. "Do you know anything about that cute Twi'lek surgeon--Jal? I wouldn't mind having him giving me a good looking-over. But with my luck lately, he'll be off-duty in the morning. Don't know if Vooko's having a physical too." Wynn looked a question at her wing. Her deep-blue eyes suddenly lit up with wicked merriment. "I hope so--at least for once I'll have something nice to look at while I'm being poked & scanned." As soon as the words were out of her mouth, Wynn realized she wasn't just teasing--she really did find Vooko Zeelas attractive.


"We grew up together. Kelvin's my Semi-Cousin, we share 2 of the same mothers. Growing up and traveling with a Racing Team certainly offered plenty of opportunity for mischief. Anything in particular you want to hear about?"
Wynn gave Tia a surreptitious thumbs-ups for the topic. Maybe Tia would talk a little about herself, too. She still felt that sense of shared experience & wanted to know a little more about the tech. Tia wasn't Alderaanian, she was sure. The accent was all wrong.
"Two of the same mothers?" Wynn chuckled. "How many moms did you have? I just had one mom, but she was wonderful. And I guess you could say I was 1 of 4 'Spacer's Brats.' Dad was a ship's captain.
"How old were you the first time you flew?"

Jemma
10 December 2004, 12:17 PM
Tia laughed out loud when Wynn mentioned the Twi'lek surgeon. "He is cute isn't he ... a few weeks back one of my techs got his fingers caught between misbehaving stabilizers on an X-Wing and he was the surgeon that reattached the muscles in his fingers. I must have visited the injured tech everday and it always seemed to be during his surgical checkup," she giggled with a wink to Wynn. "Unfortunately, he is dating a Twi'lek nurse that works in the Emergency Ward," she adds with a pout.

As Tia listens to everyone talk about their families she feels a sense of emptiness remembering her dead parents. "My parents were scientists," she says quielty, "I used to travel all over the galaxy with them but they died when I was still pretty young. Still, I really enjoyed the time we had together," she says with a shrug turning away from the others to gaze across the room at the Farghul.

Vanger Chevane
10 December 2004, 08:54 PM
"I hope so--at least for once I'll have something nice to look at while I'm being poked & scanned."
Tries to maintain a Sabacc Face while processing this surprise Seems this could be serious, but a good relationship takes time to get to really know one another, and right now may not be good for that...a casual one may well be less than she deserves. Mom always did call me "My Little Heartbreaker", she's right as usual.


"Two of the same mothers?" Wynn chuckled. "How many moms did you have? I just had one mom, but she was wonderful. And I guess you could say I was 1 of 4 'Spacer's Brats.' Dad was a ship's captain.
"How old were you the first time you flew?"

Thinks back for a bit, and a grin spreads across his face. "Five. First time I flew was probably around Eight, if you can call steering a HT-220 in a straight line with nothing to hit for kilometers piloting." As if that memory had triggered something else, a very sad & worried look crosses his face before he can regain his composure.



"I used to travel all over the galaxy with them but they died when I was still pretty young. Still, I really enjoyed the time we had together,"
Something very wrong in what's not being said here, but I don't want to pry unless I have to. Hopefully she'll open up soon enough.

Ris
11 December 2004, 12:47 PM
"He is cute isn't he ... Unfortunately, he is dating a Twi'lek nurse that works in the Emergency Ward," she adds with a pout.
Wynn frowned in dismay--mock or real, her companions weren't sure. "Huh-well! He sure didn't sound taken when he was talking with me the other day. Hey--he wasn't my doctor & I was already discharged," she added, a little defensively, before Kelvin could make the obvious wisecracks.
Actually, they'd been in this very lounge. She wondered what his explanation had been when it got back to his nurse that he'd spent the better part of an evening paying marked attention to Eden's newest snubjock. Wynn then dismissed the "good doctor" with a shrug. "Oh well, just like my whole life lately. 'If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all,' as the old folk song goes. Guess I'd best stick to just watching the sabacc games, or I won't have enough credits to buy a snubbie model kit."


Tries to maintain a Sabacc Face while processing this surprise
I really have been away from court a long time. You just didn't flirt that way--not that the courtly lines were any less blatant at times.
Wynn was very grateful when Vooko decided to only answer the question about flying.

"Five. First time I flew was probably around Eight, if you can call steering a HT-220 in a straight line with nothing to hit for kilometers piloting."
"More like piloting than my first time. I was 8 too. I was sitting in the command chair on Fare Thee Well, wrapped in Dad's uniform jacket, repeating the commands for undocking & leaving orbit that he whispered to me. I wanted to pilot, but..."


As if that memory had triggered something else, a very sad & worried look crosses his face before he can regain his composure.
Wynn noticed her wing's distress & trailed off. "You ok, Zeelas?" she asked, studying him intently. The lieutenant wanted to say more, or put her hand on his arm as Tia had done to comfort her, but she didn't dare. After that last line of hers, any more than "Are you ok?" would surely be interpreted by all present as, "While away the night with me," or worse, and Wynn wanted--something more--than a fling.


"I used to travel all over the galaxy with them but they died when I was still pretty young. Still, I really enjoyed the time we had together,"
Everyone seems to be hypersensitive tonight. The poor girl--at least I had mine til I was out on my own, she must've been just a kid. Wish I knew what to say. She glanced at Kelvin, hoping he did. Her mother, although her own sense of humor was as subtle & quiet as the rest of her personality, had once observed that the best jokesters used it to ease tension or even pain. Since Kelvin didn't strike her as cruel, only talkative, she hoped he might do that now. At least with Tia it was safe for her to return the gentle, sympathetic touch.

Gyp Ryol
11 December 2004, 05:03 PM
[OOC: You people post way too much. Making poor slackers like me do such much catch-up work. ;) ]

Tobler nodded at the Farghul. "My apologies, Mr. Paps, is it? I should not have lost my temper with you. The flight was longer than I am used to, and made very unagreeable." The tall amphibian allows himself to be guided to the table where the rest are sitting. Tobler sits down near the end of the table, with a few chairs remaining empty between him and the rest of the group.

The Gungan sat, swirling his finger in his drink through the talk of cute members of the base staff and childhood stories. He listens intently, committing as much of the converstaion to memory in order to draw a better picture of the small group he had been thrust into. Every so often, Tobler's tongue would quickly snap out of his mouth and lap a bit of his drink out of his glass. His focus remained on the people talking and their idle conversation.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
16 December 2004, 08:21 PM
"How about if you tell us about your childhood ... about how you and Vookoo know each other. Did you grow up together, how exactly are you related? What kind of trouble did you get yourselves into?"
"We grew up together. Kelvin's my Semi-Cousin, we share 2 of the same mothers.
"Two of the same mothers?" Wynn chuckled. "How many moms did you have? I just had one mom, but she was wonderful. And I guess you could say I was 1 of 4 'Spacer's Brats.' Dad was a ship's captain.


Kelvin listened to Tia and let Vookoo & Wynn speak for the first bit as he finished his first glass, setting it on the cart and went for another one... "We lived on Druckenwell - Mom and I. Dad - well, more like the face I only knew as dad over vidscreen was a pilot in the Imperial Navy. We only got to see him via holomessages - short ones at that. " Kelvin seemed to look off into space for a moment before continuing, "I still remember one day we got a message from him saying he had to fight for the Rebelion. Never heard from him again." Kelvin said with a sigh.

Then Kelvin perked up a bit, "Never really had a dad in that respect. Vookoo didn't have one either. But as far as I could remeber, what we lacked in dads, we gained in moms. Vookoo and our moms was pretty much all the family I knew and had, along with team TanCredi which was like one large bunch of extended family relations. We traveled the galaxy's racing circuits and got into plenty of trouble." Kelvin says with a grin.


"My parents were scientists," she says quielty, "I used to travel all over the galaxy with them but they died when I was still pretty young. Still, I really enjoyed the time we had together,"

"Memories are all we have sometimes, and at least those can't be taken away." Kelvin commented and felt sorry for Tia, at a loss for words, even a tad guilty he still had 2 parents. Noticing Vookoo sound a bit down when meantioning the team's transport which was like their home away from home. Kelvin felt it was his duty to lighten up the atmosphere a bit. Good times are happy times. Kelvin raises a glass in good toast "To memories!" and clinks the glass rims then taking a sip.

Kelvin grinned to himself. Something from years back, a bit of mischief he and Vookoo had got into came to mind. Kelvin didn't waste any time, chuckling lightly to himself, "Speaking of memories, i've one for ya about me and Vookoo from years ago."

"We were out at Uncle Hlarret's farm for a few days. As usual, he put us to work on the daily chores. There was lots to do, but there was nothing worse than having to fill the Nerf pen troughs with feed. Those things just wretch, and when it gets into your cloths you could be washin them for a week and you'll still smell it. Specially when there was several dozen in the pen.

Anyways, Nerfs were finicky and easily excitable, so using a repulsor sled was out of the question - or so we were told much to our complaints. Filling the troughs consisted of both sacks of nutrients and bailed stemed grain. So of course, me being me - I had come up with an ingenious plan. And it went something like this:



Kelvin: Hey Vook, there's gotta be an easier way than this.

Vookoo: Kelv, there's probably a few million better ways but none that's going to get the Nerfs fed in the next hour. Lets just get this done with. (sighs)

Kelvin: Naw, wait Vook - Uncle said repulsors can't be used. Nothing said we can't use droids.

Vookoo: Kelvin, as if Uncle had any droids practical & capable don't you think he'd be using them?

Kelvin: Yeah, but i've got a plan! See that WED droid over there?

Vookoo (looking dubious): What about it?

Kelvin: Well, gimme a hand. All we gotta do is strap on a bag of feed, tell it to lift the bag over the trough, cut & empty it, and return and repeat. Simple? Yes. Ingenious? Double Yes.

Vookoo: You sure about this?

Kelvin: Vookoo, would I not do it if I didn't think it'd work? (begins loading a sack onto the WED droid)

Vookoo: ... (shakes head with a smirk)

Kelvin: Besides, while the WED does this we can get the rest of the chores, get done early and watch a bit of holovision before supper's ready!

Vookoo: (shrugs shoulders) Good point. (helps Kelvin with the grain sack)

Standing by the feed barn doors, Kelvin and Vookoo instruct the WED to go to the trough as best they could. The WED treads off into the Nerf pen, heading for the trough...

Kelvin: (slaps Vookoo on the back) See? What'd I tell ya?

The WED aproaches the trough, uses its appendages to lift the sack of feed, though it has some trouble with the wieght. It struggles for a couple moments but shakily lifts it into the air. The Nerfs watch nervously as the mechanical stick contraption handle their feed bag. Using two cutting appendages, the WED tries to cut open the sack with no luck then tried its cutting torch tool, when all of a sudden an audible RRRiiiiiiiip-tear... POOOF!!!! The feed sack rips open with a jerk of appendages, the powdery contents of the bag explode - scattering all over, and startling the Nerfs. The Nerfs panick wildly in all directions around the pen, kicking up a giant dust cloud before discovering the open gate.

Kelvin: (looks at Vookoo) Oh Frak...

Vookoo: Stampede!!!!

Vookoo grabs Kelvin by the arm and runs into the feed barn, towards the tall stack of bails in the back corner, both scrambling up the ladder. The Nerf take off in all and any open direction.

A few minutes later as the dust cloud began to settle, Kelvin and Vookoo climbed down from the stack, and walked over to the pen where peices of the WED droid lay scattered. They both stood looking at the pen and eachother in silence. And there was not a single Nerf in site...

"Well, thats the way I remember it. Those were the good ol' days eh Vookoo?" Kelvin said grinning mischeiviously, rubbing his goatee. "And ya know somethin? To this day, i've never ever seen Nerf run quite that fast when spooked! I wish you all could'a been there to see it. It was somethin I tell ya!"

Vanger Chevane
17 December 2004, 03:30 PM
"You ok, Zeelas?"
Shakes him out of the concerns over two old men he remembered very fondly and back to where he was at.

"Ummm...not really, but there's nothing I can do about it."

As Kelvin regales Tia and Wynn with the WED Incident a grin starts to work it's way back across his face. Kelvin never took into account that Droids tend to interpret things very literally, and that the shortest distance to the trough was through the pen instead of around the fence...if we hadn't spent all night sorting out that little disaster, it definitely woulda cost us a sizable chunk of hide.

Ris
18 December 2004, 11:41 AM
In the moments of silence following her question to Vooko and Tia's sad confidence, Cinowyn glanced down the table at Tobler. Sheesh! Even Mom wasn't so obvious about it when she was sick of people. Or is that all it is? Something about the Gungan's manner bothered her a bit, but the pilot wasn't sure what. Her father, who'd made a few runs to Naboo while still with the Merchant Marine, had said they were more sensible than stereotyped. "Their Basic says more about the structure of their respiratory and vocal organs than their brain power."
Wynn studied him a few more seconds, then turned back to the 3 she was conversing with. If all Tobler wanted was solitude, she wasn't going to intrude, recalling her mother's dislike of that. And if there were any ulterior motives, acting suspicious of him was the wrong thing to do. She cooould ask Vooko's for his take later.


"Ummm...not really, but there's nothing I can do about it."
Vooko came back from whereever memories and worries had taken him to answer her. "Yeah, same here, wingman," she sighed. "I wish we could..."


"Memories are all we have sometimes, and at least those can't be taken away." Kelvin commented and felt sorry for Tia, at a loss for words, even a tad guilty he still had 2 parents. Noticing Vookoo sound a bit down when meantioning the team's transport which was like their home away from home. Kelvin felt it was his duty to lighten up the atmosphere a bit. Good times are happy times. Kelvin raises a glass in good toast "To memories!" and clinks the glass rims then taking a sip.
Wynn listened to Kelvin's comments, a little surprised at the wisdom, since she'd only expected some silly joke to lighten the mood. Giving Kelvin a grateful smile she raised her glass of soda and encouraged Tia to join the toast as well.
As she refilled her glass from the soda pitcher, Wynn murmured to Vooko, "I think your cousin has the right of it."


"Speaking of memories, i've one for ya about me and Vookoo from years ago.
"We were out at Uncle Hlarret's farm for a few days. As usual, he put us to work on the daily chores..."
Wynn laughed merrily at the tale. I wonder if my cousin still calls friends "nerf-herder" when she's mad at 'em or if she out grew that when she became a Senator? she thought.
"My brother Trevor and I were inseparable like that. Everyone said we were twins only born months apart. But we never did anything like that. Probably for lack of the chance.
"I was always trying to get Trevor to design me starships or help me with the models I got as gifts. He would usually but Trev preferred designing buildings--and he's real good at it. That's why the Alliance took him at the same time they did me, even though he was even younger. They needed people who could design bases and fortifications and so on.

Jemma
20 December 2004, 12:40 PM
Tia raises her glass in salute, her eyes filling slightly with moisture as Kelvin makes his toast thinking that he showed a pretty deep understanding with his short but well-timed toast. Smiling up at him she leans in, putting her elbows on the table, and listens intently as he starts to tell his story.

Tia laughs out loud when Kelvin finishes his "nerf story" picturing the nerfs running for the hills as a young Vooko and Kelvin try to round them up. Wasn't it obvious that the WED droid wouldn't be able to perform the task that the boys tried to use it for? Well, it was to her, but they were much younger and probably weren't forced to repair droids in a backwater shop on Dantooine.

Finishing her drink she giggles occasionally thinking about the story and feeling a little light-headed from the alcohol that she wasn't used to consuming. Looking down at her chronometer she notes that it is starting to get late.

"It looks like it is getting a little late and we have an early briefing in the morning. I think I'll turn in," she says as she starts to stand up, sways a little and then catches her balance.

Vanger Chevane
20 December 2004, 01:40 PM
Lifts his mug to everyone else's glass, then makes a sour face after emptying the last swallow from it. "Cold."


I was always trying to get Trevor to design me starships or help me with the models I got as gifts. He would usually but Trev preferred designing buildings--and he's real good at it. That's why the Alliance took him at the same time they did me, even though he was even younger. They needed people who could design bases and fortifications and so on.
"Depending upon how All Things Imperial go, I wouldn't be surprised to find more of The Family finding their way to the Rebellion..."



"It looks like it is getting a little late and we have an early briefing in the morning. I think I'll turn in," she says as she starts to stand up, sways a little and then catches her balance.
Raises an eyebrow at Kelvin then glances at Tia quickly, trying to hint that he should offer to walk her to her quarters and keep ane eye on her as she may have had more drink than she's used to.

Nods to Tia. "See you at the briefing." then looks over to Tobler "So, you're with Alliance Security?"

Ris
21 December 2004, 02:50 AM
"Depending upon how All Things Imperial go, I wouldn't be surprised to find more of The Family finding their way to the Rebellion..."
Wynn only nodded--there weren't any more of her family to join the Rebellion. And her younger borther & sister had died for it--at an age when they probably didn't really understand any of it.


"It looks like it is getting a little late and we have an early briefing in the morning. I think I'll turn in," she says as she starts to stand up, sways a little and then catches her balance. Raises an eyebrow at Kelvin then glances at Tia quickly, trying to hint that he should offer to walk her to her quarters and keep ane eye on her as she may have had more drink than she's used to.
Wynn decided Tia would be in good hands if Kelvin wwas her wing, so just just wished the woman good night with a smile & offered to go by her quarters in the morning.


Nods to Tia. "See you at the briefing." then looks over to Tobler "So, you're with Alliance Security?"
Wynn started to add something more to Kelvin and Tia, but as Vooko turned to the Gungan, she settled herself back to listen and observe, a pleasnt but slightly vacant smile on her face.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 December 2004, 01:19 AM
Kelvin joined in on laughter, which seemed contagious.


"Ummm...not really, but there's nothing I can do about it."

"Well I dunno Vookoo, I was figurin on writing mom first chance I get. If anyone, they'd probably know or maybe like moms' friend Crix. I've either been lack of terminal or datapad and allowances to send anythin' back home - mind ya' I guess they wouldn't want anyone accidently blabbin their current whereabouts on the 'nets"


"My brother Trevor and I were inseparable like that. Everyone said we were twins only born months apart. But we never did anything like that. Probably for lack of the chance.

"Ah! Then there is something you can entertain us with." Kelvin replies cheerfuly, trying to keep the liveliness of the table going.


"It looks like it is getting a little late and we have an early briefing in the morning. I think I'll turn in," she says as she starts to stand up, sways a little and then catches her balance.

Kelvin was going to joke that the night was still young, or that the night wasn't over til they were all happily looped and shy of passing out - all in good jest of course, knowing full well they were schedualed for breifing the next day, but Vookoo gave him a raised eyebrow and glanced towards Tia, "Whoa there, I reckon I oughta offer to at least walk ya back to yer room." Kelvin stands up, and steps over to Tia with little indication of even having had anything to drink, ready to steady or catch her if needed. The starbursts were relatively mild beverages by most standards.

"Which shall it be?" Offering his left hand, "Milady?", and hooking the other arm, "or Chief?" Kelvin grinned, then added "or is it 'giddy-up!' ?" Kelvin jokes in good humor, hooking both hands into his belt, turning around and bending his knees slightly, refering to giving a dewy-back ride before turning back towards Tia.

"Oh and, the left over drinks, help yourselves. If ya can't manage, tell everyone else who's still around to help themselves!" Kelvin adds as an afterthought, then stifles a yawn "By the wall chrono, I know it's not that late yet but my body's sayin otherwise." Glances at wrist chrono, "Frak, wrist chrono's still on Varonat time, 5 hours later than it is here..."

Jemma
22 December 2004, 04:44 AM
Tia giggles as she hooks her left arm through Kelvin's right, "how about just Tia," she says with a smile, "and I would gladly accept an escort back to my room, that drink seems to have gone straight to my head for some reason." Smiling at the others she gives them a slightly shy wave and turns to go with Kelvin, leaning against him a little as they walk out.

Taking the opportunity to get to know him a little better she strikes up a casual conversation. "We've heard a lot about Vooko and Kelvin now but what about just Kelvin. What makes you tick? What makes you get out of bed in the morning? Why are you here, at Echo base and in the Rebellion? What do you hope to accomplish before the Empire finds a way to stamp us all out?" she asks, looking up at him as they walk.

Ris
23 December 2004, 02:57 AM
Smiling at the others she gives them a slightly shy wave and turns to go with Kelvin, leaning against him a little as they walk out.
As the pair walks out, Wynn watches with a warm smile. She tells Vooko, with just a touch of the earlier mischief in her eyes, "Methinks she's very happy for the nonce, thanks to you." I have to find out where he--& Kelvin--learned such smooth manners. And they're kind along with it. I wonder if Vooko might...
But Wynn recalls her father's story of trying to attract her mother. "I had to do & say a lot less than I wanted at the time. And it was very hard--but the reward was--worth it," Captain Antilles had told her & Trevor, a fond smile on his lips. It hadn't been long before he & their mother had given their permission--and blessing--for the 2 siblings to join the Rebellion, Wynn realized.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
24 December 2004, 01:39 AM
"Well then, Tia it is!" Kelvin replies with a smile as Tia hooked his arm. Tia waved the others good night, Kelvin opts for a brief half mock salute instead - the type thats more casual than formal, using his left hand to do so.

Kelvin led them at a slow casual pace as they walked back to Tia's quarters as she talked, wanting to know more about him.

Casually replying back, "Sometimes I don't know where 'me' begins. Vook and I were practically joined at the hip, we go so far back, farther than I can remember. Once the Empire begun its iron rule, the galactic race tracks were shut down, non-human teams got pinched the worst, and Team Tancredi also was out of a profesion. Vook's a-wing was actually the team's new project racer they were working on. It was being hidden and built in our uncle's barn and everyone feared it'd never see the light of day or the Imperials would eventually find it. Vook and I and the 'family' worked our darndest to finish building it. I think we all kinda knew some way or other that some of the family had to get it away to somewheres safe, and vook was going to be the one to fly it.

We were short on some vital parts, and had to contact one of moms aquaintances to run and find the required parts. As Vook was a natural at the stick, I had taken a fancy to keeping track and helping with the inventory. I felt I needed to go along with moms aquaintance to go get the parts. Joining the Rebelion kinda happened somewheres on the trip back. It wasn't something ya had intended to do from the get-go you know? I dunno, maybe it was the adventure of the parts supply run, maybe a bit of Crix - the guy I went with, and maybe because I realized I could probably help the team in another way... That being helping the rebelion for the better good of the galaxy. Vook and Team Racing was all I had really grown up with, then suddenly taken away.

Crix understood and dropped me off with some of his rebelion contacts and from there I got sent to a training camp - the one I was tellin you about with the weekend parties. Knowing that our mom was able to put out more guys for less than giving her the wrong looks, I un-intentionally left it on poor Crix's shoulders to have to tell mom why I didn't return. Yeah, we always called them both mom, Vook and I. I still need to write home to let them know i'm alive and well too...

Why am I here? We departed from training camp on various transports. I ended up on Corelia then directly here. What makes me tick? Beats me, sounds more like i'm a droid or somethin. Droids tick, boop, beep and stuff" Kelvin jokes

They were almost at Tia's door, "I just want to survive this thing, the war I mean. Maybe after that? I dunno, if the Race Tracks open again, Tancredi will be back in buisiness. Theres also a nice patch of land back home I wouldn't mind owning. I always like the outdoors. Theres plenty of trees next to a mountainside and uphill from a river. Make a cabin, and a clearing and who knows what next - maybe a camp or a trail thing or something. I really liked the stuff we got to odo at camp, kinda the things I and Vook used to play as kids." Kelvin finished, leaning with his other shoulder to the door frame. Glancing down at Tia,

"Well, that was Kelvin in a nutshell... I guess we're here... So, when do I get to know a bit more about you?"

Vanger Chevane
24 December 2004, 10:54 PM
"Methinks she's very happy for the nonce, thanks to you."

Grins a bit, then still waiting for Tobler's reply, "One thing Kelvin & I grew up with is you always take care of your people.

Until recently, unless ya really asked for whatever was coming, and/or you needed to learn from the experience, I could count on everyone backing me up if trouble was coming, or taking care of me the best they could after the fact.

And I did the same for them, ya don't leave Kin in a bind if there's any way you can help it. Lotta times you put forth that extra effort as ya don't wanna let em down, and they you."

His expression sobers & looks both a bit lost and scared, leaving it clearly open to interpretation whether he means Eden or the Rebellion in total:

"Here, I dunno..."

Ris
25 December 2004, 06:46 PM
Until recently...I could count on everyone backing me up if trouble was coming, or taking care of me the best they could after the fact.
And I did the same for them...ya don't wanna let em down, and they you."
Wynn recalled that it had been that way for her. She & Trevor, defending each other from the older--& younger--kids when needed. Their parents, Lady Karris, guards & staffers, their "Uncle" Leto Janus (the Alderaan Surgeon General), even the Viceroy himself--acting as second-string parents to whatever kids were in the vicinity.
Shooting Stars Squadron had been the same way. Her squadronmates--pilots and support--had helped her through the first horrible weeks after her dad's death and then the loss of all her loved ones on Alderaan save one brother.


His expression sobers & looks both a bit lost and scared, leaving it clearly open to interpretation whether he means Eden or the Rebellion in total: "Here, I dunno..."
Lost and scared, like she felt for weeks after Alderaan--the way she's felt again ever since she ejected from her snubbie. And something elusive about Vooko once more reminds her of Trevor. "You can count on me, wingman--Vooko," Wynn told him very softly. "Here, and anywhere." It was true, the young woman realized. Now there was no hint of mischief, flirting or attraction in voice, expression and eyes--only coompassion and caring. It doesn't matter if we're never anything but wingmates to each other. He will always have caring, help, and friendship from me

Gyp Ryol
28 December 2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
Then looks over to Tobler "So, you're with Alliance Security?"

Tobler, having just taken a isp of his drink, looks at the Human pilot over the rim of his glass. He places the galss back down, smacking his lips. "For the time being, yes. It is really more of a...temporary assignment." He allows a slight smile to pass over his long face. "In complete honesty, my full-time job is with the Corellian Security Force. I've been assigned, by someone, to try and sniff out any criminals on Corellia using the rosters on this base."

The lanky Gungan chortles to himself huskily. "Naturally, there seems to be something greatly amiss 'ere. As a member of CorSec, the scope of my authority lies only in the Corellian sector. Here, I have no more power than a civilian." Tobler scratches under his long chin. "Now, whoever assigned me must have known that, so I sense a bigger plot 'ere than meeten the eye."

He takes another sip of his drink. "If I didn't know any better, I would say that either CorSec wants to get rid of me, or the Rebellion is trying to recruit me."

Vanger Chevane
28 December 2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Gyp Ryol
"For the time being, yes. It is really more of a...temporary assignment." He allows a slight smile to pass over his long face. "In complete honesty, my full-time job is with the Corellian Security Force. I've been assigned, by someone, to try and sniff out any criminals on Corellia using the rosters on this base."

The lanky Gungan chortles to himself huskily. "Naturally, there seems to be something greatly amiss 'ere. As a member of CorSec, the scope of my authority lies only in the Corellian sector. Here, I have no more power than a civilian." Tobler scratches under his long chin. "Now, whoever assigned me must have known that, so I sense a bigger plot 'ere than meeten the eye."

He takes another sip of his drink. "If I didn't know any better, I would say that either CorSec wants to get rid of me, or the Rebellion is trying to recruit me."
Wishing desperately he had kept his Enforcer on him, "Well, they sure handed you The Dinko's Leash, Tobler.

Ya can't go home, y'know."

Jemma
29 December 2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar &amp; Raven
"Well, that was Kelvin in a nutshell... I guess we're here... So, when do I get to know a bit more about you?"

Tia listened intently as Kelvin spoke, taking in his words and processing them, wishing that she had someone that had been like a sister to her, someone to share fond memories with and forget about her past as a slave on Dantooine. Tia smiles shyly up at him, standing in front of the door to her quarters, wondering how far she should trust him, how much of herself she should open up to him.

She decided to take a chance and as she looks up into his eyes with a smile she says, "There really isn't much to tell. I haven't exactly had a storybook life to this point."

Looking away she begins to open up to him and tell her story, "I already mentioned that my parents were scientists and that I used to travel around the galaxy with them. It really was the best time of my life, I would help my father with his experiments and his inventions, that's where I learned basic mechanics. Well, I also mentioned that my parents died when I was still pretty young, I was 13 to be exact."

Taking a deep breath tears fill her eyes as she recalls that fateful day that completely changed her life. "My father was working on his latest invention, a probe that allowed a starship crew to gather detailed information on the geology of planetoids without having to risk a dangerous physical visit by humans or droids to collect samples. We were testing the probe on Dantooine when we lost contact with it. Traveling down to the planet's surface we were ambushed by a group of pirates. My father was killed in the struggle and I was sold into slavery on the planet. I am not sure what happened to my mother but I assume she was killed by the pirates as well."

Wiping her tears away she takes another deep breath and finished her story, "I ended up escaping before I could be auctioned off and lived on the streets of the city, doing .... whatever ... I needed to in order to survive including building and fixing electronic devices. I was caught by a local junk dealer, stealing parts for the electronic devices I was making and fixing, he threatened to turn me into the authorities as an escaped slave if I didn't work for him but in the end I was still a slave only he became my master and I worked in his shop building and fixing things for him to sell. He fed me and gave me a cot in the back room of the shop but he treated me .... well, badly."

Changing the subject quickly she begins to perk up again. "Anyway, a young Rebel soldier came into the shop and took an interest in me. I told him my story and he took me away from my slavery and I joined the Rebel Alliance. I guess the rest is history as they say," she ends with a smile.

Looking down at her chronometer again she smiles up at him and says, "It is getting late ... I better go inside and ... get some sleep."

Gyp Ryol
30 December 2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
"Ya can't go home, y'know."

Tobler raised one of his eyestalks above the other, the Gungan equivilant of raising an eyebrow. "How do you mean?"

Hesen prolly righty, Tobler. No goin backee to Corellia for yousa. Somebody berry bombad no wantin yousa arounden in CorSec, thought Tobler to himself as he spun the liquid in his glass. He continued to look quizzically at the Human pilot.

Vanger Chevane
30 December 2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Gyp Ryol


Tobler raised one of his eyestalks above the other, the Gungan equivilant of raising an eyebrow. "How do you mean?"

Hesen prolly righty, Tobler. No goin backee to Corellia for yousa. Somebody berry bombad no wantin yousa arounden in CorSec, thought Tobler to himself as he spun the liquid in his glass. He continued to look quizzically at the Human pilot.
Noting the sleepy look on Wynn's face, "It's fairly lengthy and we need to turn in. I'll explain tomorrow."

Stands and offers a hand to Wynn. "It basically boils down to CorSec can't forgive you, you're beyond their jurisdiction."

Ris
30 December 2004, 08:51 PM
Wynn accepted Vooko's hand, realizing how tired she was physically--although after the Gungan's revelations about his mission she wasn't sleepy, and doubted Vooko was either. She smiled at Tobler, and bade him good night. "I hope we can talk more tomorrow. I appologize for not being a better hostess, should have obeyed my doctors a bit better and took naps," she explained, leaning a little more than she really needed to on the other pilot's arm.

Once outside, the pair exchanged glances, and Wynn nodded. The next thing Vooko knew, she'd taken him by both hands and pulled him off into a darker service corridor. "I'm not trying to seduce you," she whispered, her tone sultry but eyes not. "Drink's not the only big amusement here--no one'll pay any mind if it look's like we're getting--better--acquainted." There was enough light he could just see her blush. I wish that's all we were doing.

Wynn backed against the wall, beckoning to her wing. "Hold me, then tell me what you think about all that." Wynn slipped her own arms around his waist. "Like all the Corellian hells, he's getting into those rosters! If the General's OK'd that, I will have something to say!" she murmured into Vooko's neck. She got control of her temper. "Everyone here would be in danger..." Wynn slumped just a little in his arms. "We need to do something, but what, Vooko? Tell Alliance Security?"
"Somebody has to make sure he's not working for the Imps," Vooko replied.
"I guess we're Somebody then, but how & when?" As they talked, a small part of Wynn's mind registered just how tired she was. At this point, she was continuing the embrace as much because she wasn't sure how long she could stay upright, as to keep up the charade--and just a little because it felt--right.
She rested her head for a moment on his shoulder. When she looked up at Vooko again, there was a little-girl look in her eyes. "Vooko--he's not all that's amiss. My old X--what's left. And my Razzle, the R2..." Wynn's voice trails off. She's not really sure what she thinks is wrong, or what she expects her wing to do about. "Well, I want Razz along, & it's going, Razz is mine."

Vanger Chevane
8 January 2005, 07:17 AM
The thought of having risked exposing his family for a second time to Imperial Reprisal by presuming Tobler had been fully checked out and cleared by Intelligence prior to arriving had Vooko a bit spooked. Wynn's instructions further put him off-balance.

She was definitely a beautiful lady, her dress certainly complimented her figure. Despite not being all that interested in a trivial or quick relationship he is attracted to what he knows about her, and can't help being distracted by her warmth, the smell of her perfume, and the way her hair tickled his ear.

It has been a while since...but c'mon, focus, before someone you care deeply about pays for it!


I guess we're Somebody then, but how & when?
"I'm a pilot, a good one, and likely better than a lot here at low-level flight and hitting ground targets. I don't know much about Intel, and unless you do, all I know is I'm bringing the Enforcer to the briefing tomorrow, I may even take it to Breakfast.


If the General insists on this Mopak, bout all I can really do is walk out, grab my gear, get in my snub, and go Independent...at least for a while, provided I can find somewhere to go.

Ris
9 January 2005, 09:26 AM
Wynn Antilles, too, finds it difficult to keep her focus. She forces herself to pay more attention to Vooko's words than his closeness.
I don't know much about Intel, and unless you do, all I know is I'm bringing the Enforcer to the briefing tomorrow, I may even take it to Breakfast.
"I don't. I just know you can talk--pass info--like this because my mother did." Wynn flushed--her mother hadn't been a flirt. "I mean she did so with dance partners. So I figured this would work, since we just didn't want anyone listening. Here, this gets winks & nods, at most..."
Wynn wished that she'd had wisdom enough to learn more of her mother's skills beyond dancing and the bare minimum of hand-to-hand techniques. Mom probably didn't know how to do investigations, anyways, & she's gone now... "But I don't know Intel work, or who's Intel here, so we could go to 'em. If that's what you mean. So I guess you bring the Enforcer. I should probably keep my sidearm handy too."


If the General insists on this Mopak, bout all I can really do is walk out, grab my gear, get in my snub, and go Independent...at least for a while, provided I can find somewhere to go.
Wynn pulls back a little--not because he's offended her, or she's tired of her gambit--but to study the other pilot. She looks into his eyes, reading what she can. Thoughtfully, "I don't have that option. I don't own my own A. Just my gear & droid...I could tell the medics tomorrow that headache was back or I'd got dizzy flying escort, so they'd hold off on my Final Clearance. The General'd have to replace me on the mission--but it wouldn't get me out of here.
"He will listen to me--andgive us satisfactory answers." I hope... "But I'd still help you," she tells him, before she's realized she's made any decisions.

Vanger Chevane
10 January 2005, 02:32 PM
"He will listen to me--and give us satisfactory answers." I hope... "But I'd still help you,"

Somebody had to clear Tobler to get this far, local Intel might not be all that trustworthy. Seems they either didn't grasp his situation or have been compromised somehow.

I hope your contacts are that important, most I can get from the Chief Engineer of a scond-line cruiser is a place to stay for a few days, and maybe the name of a decent Merc to contact.


Why is it we're the only ones who grasp that, as an Insurgency against the Legal Government, having an Enforcemnt Agent of said government visiting is an incredibly stupid idea?

If he's not with the Imps, I'd expect them to very thoroughly take his brain apart to grab everything they can about Rebel Operations, including parking a Star Destroyer or three in orbit here in the near future.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 January 2005, 12:37 AM
Kelvin leaned relaxingly against the doorframe, listning to her story. Something inside him almost sank as she told her story while tear'ing up. Kelvin couldn't help but look into and almost drown in those tear filled eyes of Tia's. Kelvin remembered mom get that way the first while after dad was gone. Something was missing though, then he realized, he used to always give mom a hug and nearly get squeazed to death in return bantha-hug.

Before Kelvin could further dwell on it, Tia perked up with a change of subject.
Looking down at her chronometer again she smiles up at him and says, "It is getting late ... I better go inside and ... get some sleep."

"Guess that's Tia in a nutshell" Kelvin smiles, being breifly interupted by a yawn and mandatory arm backstretch "And I'd best get some bunk time too, before I fall off my own feet. Funny how they say that - to fall of your own feet?A ledge maybe, but feet? Must've been something someone's pet Kwokian Monkey Lizard mixed up eh?" Kelvin momentarily rambles on the subject as he hoists himself effortly from the doorframe with the one arm.

"Well, G'night an sleep tight...." Kelvin began to say lightly as he started to turn towards his own quarters, then half turned, with a mischevious playful grin "An' don't let the Scritchbugs bite! I had a tinderbox of'em once, but they must've escaped while on the ship... " Kelvin reaches to his pocket and tosses Tia a small palmsized tin box, fairly worn and scuffed - the type that was used for a variety of things from cred chips, sabac cards or stim sticks. "For ya know, just incase ya find them!" Kelvin pipes up merrily with a wink and wave before turning around again to head back to his quarters...

Well, mom used to say and do that sometimes, specially on the first nights while traveling on the TanCredi freighters. She knew how nervous I'd get those first few nights... Kelvin thought to himself...

Jemma
12 January 2005, 06:49 PM
Tia laughs and wipes her eyes with her hand at Kelvin's Kwokian Monkey Lizard joke. He was charming, in an immature sort of way, but charming none the less. Tucking her hair behind one ear she looks into his eyes shyly as he says good night.

Feeling fairly close to him after telling her story she wonders if he will kiss her before he walks off but is disappointed when he turns to go. When he stops and half turns back around her heart skips a beat but all she can do is laugh again as he throws her the small tin. Why did she have to be so damn shy, she thought to herself.

Standing in the hallway she watches him go until he is out of sight. Sighing she looks down at the small tin, rubbing it with her fingers as she opens her door and goes inside. Once inside she strips down to her panties and unershirt and climbs into bed.

She gets up an hour or so before the debriefing, gets dressed in the clothes she wore last night, and heads down to the cafeteria to get some breakfast.

Gyp Ryol
13 January 2005, 03:59 PM
Tobler was left alone at the table, only marginally aware of the other people in the cafeteria. One of his long fingers dangled in his drink, swirling an ice cube around the glass, spinning it in his now orange drink. He looked straight out into a thoughtful reverie, considering the words and actions of the two Human snub pilots. Tobler had learned a thing or two about body language while in CorSec, and he had noticed a slight feeling of uneasiness from the two Humans when he had told them about CorSec.

Deysen not happy about mesa. But why? Mesa not here to put base in bigo' lockem-up. But deysen not knowen 'bout dat. Deysen hear CorSec, and the next thing yousa know, yousa not friends, thinks the Gungan. He pushes his glass away angrily, and curses under his breath, "Damn the Empire. Damn CorSec. They haven't gotten me anywhere. There's no way I'll ever do any good on Corellia if I'm working for those two. Non-humans get nowhere, Gungans even less so."

The lanky Tobler rises from the table and walks sullenly to his room, taking no real notice on anyone or anything in the halls, muttering hushed apologies to anyone he accidentaly collides with. Tobler comes to his room, feeling a lot more tired than he did at the table. He flops down onto his bed, and as usual, finds it too short for his tall frame. Sighing, he turns over on his back and covers his eyestalks with his arm. As he drifts into an uncomfortable sleep, he says, "So be it..."

Ris
13 January 2005, 07:38 PM
I hope your contacts are that important...If he's not with the Imps, I'd expect them to very thoroughly take his brain apart to grab everything they can about Rebel Operations...
Wynn replied, "Not so much a contact--the one I know, I'd have a hard time comming. More like pulling rank," she adds, her tone suggesting the idea is slightly distasteful.
Vooko shoots her a confused & worried look theat clearly says, "Sithspit, I'm dating that Admiral's Daughter!" "Rank?" he asks.
Wynn grins, "You call me by it enough!" and winks. The lt. is confused in turn. "You don't know?"
Vooko laughs, "You've never heard of Good Manners?"
This gets him an answering laugh from his wingmate. "Raised on them!"
Vooko sobers a bit and asks, "So you're saying you are Titled, then?"
Wynn started to ignore the question, but she had brought it up. "When I want to be--which I don't, mostly. People react to it, not Wynn..." Sadly & softly, she adds, "It's from a long-gone world anyways."
Vooko Zeelas had long since placed Lt. Antilles' accent as Alderaanian. "Four years isn't that long," he pointed out gently.
Not long enough for it to stop hurting, she thinks. Wynn goes back to the topic, saying, "It's not Good Manners by any stretch--but if I have to, 'Lady Cinowyn' will question his clearances."

"Wise Idea, but what if they're genuine? We have to worry about someone else being the Imp. Either way, Tobler can't go back knowing what he does already. If he doesn't volunteer it, Isk-Isk will be sure to drill for it." For a moment Wynn wondered who or what "Isk-Isk" was, then recognized it as a snide reference to the Imperial Intel agency. Vooko's right--Agent Grizbain wouldn't have two brain cells left to rub together once they 'debriefed' him. And that's if he cooperates. If not...
Wynn comments darkly, "CorSec is known to be having quite the torrid affair with Isk-Isk."
"Mmhmmm..." is all Vooko replies.

Wynn's mentions of Aldaraan have obviously got her a bit blue. "So do we go in pointing this out or wait & see how the briefing starts?
Vooko answered, "Might as well find out how bad it's s'posed to get first, then make the challenge. Problem is, I'm not a very good shot."
Thoughtfully, Wynn tells him, "I've spent a little time on the firing range, but I'm no sniper. And it's harder when it's for real. We can keep an eye on him & the Far'ghul during the mission--if we decide to go. I trust Kelvin as your kinsman & the squadron people seem to have been properly checked out as best I can tell."

As she speaks, Vooko notices Wynn is leaning on him rather heavily & is concerned. "Hey, are you okay?"
"Just tired. Maybe we should go to my quarters," she suggests and blushes. "I mean I probably should...Perhaps you'd kindly escort me there, whilst on the way to yours, m'lord?"
Zeelas blushes a bit, then grins amiably at the pretty lt. "Of course, My Lady." He waves a hand down the corridor, and proffers the Proper Elbow. "At your leisure."
Wynn gives him the familiar impish smile as she places her hand properly. "And you can keep callling me M'lady--just don't you tell anyone it's anything other than Good Manners!"
Vooko gives her a Faux shocked look. "What, and lie?"
Wynn, imitatiing a "straight-laced school-marm," intones "It is Good Manners to call a woman of my station 'Milady,' isn't it?"
"Absolutely, and one wouldn't wan't to be caught with someone who wasn't a lady, would one?"

It's hard to see in the limited light, but Wynn favors him with another merry-wicked flash of crystal-blue eyes as they walk to her room. In spite of tiredness and cares, she doesn't miss that his cute smile is now rather roguish. He's very fun to be with. If I'm lucky, we'll have some time on the trip out to get to know each other--if we aren't stuck in the snubbies on the way. At her door, Vooko says "Get some sleep, never know what disasters will befall on the morrow." Wynn feels a too-brief touch of warm lips upon her cheek & before she can reply or turn her head to return the kiss, Vooko breaks off for his room.
Wynn wished a silent "Good night" to her new wingman, as she stepped inside, smiling and cheek still a-tingle.
In spite of the concerns about the upcoming mission, Wynn falls asleep quickly once she's in bed, slipping into pleasant dreams.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 January 2005, 03:44 AM
Kelvin happily but sleepily walked back to his quarters, yawning a few times, and fumbled with the door lock which wouldn't open at first, then finally did. whoops, must've kept hitting a wrong digit or few in the sequence... Shouldn't be too hard to get too sleep in this new place, and by far not being in a starship.

Entering the quarters, Kelvin dropped the leather vest and his slacks into a pile at the side of the bed and flopped onto the bed. It took the next several minutes of adjusting and re-fluffing the pillows before he found them comfortable and again tried to settle in. He even tossed and turned a bit.

Despite being on the verge of sleeping, Kelvin had to grin to himself - remembering back to the first couple nights at camp. And his thoughts also included Tia, who's company he enjoyed tonight.

It barely seemed he had gotten to sleep when the darned room buzzer roused him awake, albiet groggily. Rubbing his eyes, propping himself upright at the edge of the bed, looking at the wall chronometer as his eyes regained focus... "Frak me... morning so soon? I could've used another few hours..." Kelvin muttered to himself.

Kelvin tossed on the same cloths without a secound thought and headed for the mess hall with a head of tassled hair, wondering what sort of grub was for this morning's menu.

He spotted Tia at near end of the line, so he got into line and grabbed a tray. Kelvin selected a dish of Bread Stacks and Spiced Meat Sticks - smothering them in Syrup, and a couple slices of Crisped Bread, a helping of what looked like fruit pie and 2 steaming mugs of what Kelvin hoped was strong coffeine.

Kelvin promptly headed for the spot Tia was sitting, and smiled when he got there, setting his tray on the table. "Mornin sunshine! Sleep well? I got some but seemed alot less"

Kelvin dug into his breakfast, and then remembered the amusing time at camp, figuring Tia would enjoy hearing this one...

"Well, I shouldn't say that, I mean I had worse on the trip here in not nearly as comfortable of bed. Though I'll tell you, the first night at camp - nobody got any sleep, peroid. It would happen that when I got the top bunk which was fine by me, I had to have the only dude in the cabin that was a grump. That and the creakiest bunk frame. Those lumpy slabs of ferrocrete that they call matresses and pillows, i'd sworn a patch of grass was softer! Anyways, I was tryin to get comfortable and get to sleep but everyone in the cabin - the whole two dozen of 'em must've heard our bunk. Some would groan 'get to sleep man!'. Then I'm not sure if it was the dude below me or the guy next bunk over, but I get a pillow swatted at me. I yell cut it out and then get barraged by more pillow swats from both sides. Then someone gets smart and tosses their pillow at me. I throw it back but I didn't really know where it was thrown from in the first place. This of course, a few complain as a chain of pillows starts getting tossed around, then I had to promptly exclaim at the top of my lungs 'Pillow fiiiighht!' and all frak broke loose. Here it was, almost pitch black in the room of 12 bunks, pillows flyin, and the the odd person falling off their bunks forgetting they were inthe topside to begin with...

But that was nothing. The door suddenly slammed open as the lights flickered on. Took a few moments to adjust from being blinded, and the camp's training Sarge was standing in his housecout, looking torqed as could be - as a rogue thrown ripped pillowcase landed on his head. The air was thick to the ceiling with white fluff and feather, raining down like snowflakes. And all of us were covered head to toe with the stuff too. We were orderd to clean it all up before we could get to sleep and by that time, the camp's morning horns sounded for wakeup... "

Kelvin was chuckling inbetween bites as he was telling the tale, washing it down with the dark brew.

Vanger Chevane
16 January 2005, 03:12 AM
Walking away from Wynn's door, a song kept playing in the back of his mind. One his mom used to listen to. He couldn't remember many of the lyrics, but the melody as well as the evening reminded him of much better times.

Boom-boom, pop. Boom, pop. Boom-boom, pop. Rappatappatappa...

...Boom-boom. And his heart goes Boom-boom...


Once in his quarters, unloads his belt and pockets, and flops on the bed. Digging out the Datacard containing his new Journal (http://www.rt-ma.org/SWchar/VC/story1.htm) plugs in into his datapad, but feeling too tired to really write jots down a few notes about the day, and turns out the light, sleeping rather fitfully.

After waking & cleaning up, check his blaster the holster attached to his belt. His eye caught by his reflection in the locker mirror, he gazes at it for a few moments in which seems to be thinking Just who are you to judge? Holstering the blaster, with his stomach still somewhat uneasy from dreams he couldn't remember, blearily makes his way to the Mess for a cup of caf & something that hopefully won't sit in his stomach like a stone...or worse.

Ris
16 January 2005, 05:54 PM
Wynn awoke the next morning & did some of the stretching exercises she recalled from her mother's unarmed combat classes. After a quick shower, she dressed in exercise leggings and top, then pulled on her flightsuit and buckled on her utility belt & holster. Out of habit, she checked the charge on her sporting blaster before double-checking the safety was and & holstering it. For now, she left the rest of her flight gear as she headed to breakfast.

In the Mess, Wynn selected several pastry-wrapped sausages and fruit juice. Unfortunately, there was no hot chocolate available. Shrugging, she grabbed a soda. Sometimes, it's a real pain to not be able to stand the taste of caf.

The pilot looked around to see if any of her new team was there. She spotted Tia--just before Kelvin sat down and began, undoubtedly to regale the young Chief with another silly story. Wynn doesn't want to disturb them, so looks around for another table, and sees Vooko arrive. She moves to intercept her wing at the caf machine. "Good morning, Vooko," she says, feeling suddenly shy. Wynn Antilles is one of those beings who almost always recalls her dreams--and Vooko had figured prominently in those of the night before. "Or are you one of those who can't tolerate company before the caf takes effect?"

Vanger Chevane
17 January 2005, 09:52 AM
Still not quite awake, and preocupied with thoughts about the briefing, enters the mess and aims stright for the Caf Distiller, but is intercepted before he can get there by a familiar voice.


"Good morning, Vooko," she says, feeling suddenly shy. Wynn "Or are you one of those who can't tolerate company before the caf takes effect?"
Chuckles rather gruffly and grins. "No, didn't sleep all that well." Sketches a bow, and with a tone of humor in his voice "And a Good Morrow to you, milady. I see you're prepared for the day's misadventures."

Ris
19 January 2005, 02:52 AM
Sketches a bow, and with a tone of humor in his voice "And a Good Morrow to you, milady. I see you're prepared for the day's misadventures."
I've got a bad feeling that "Milady" is gonna end up as my nickname, Wynn thought, but oddly, it wasn't an unpleasant prospect this morning. "As well prepared as may be," she told her wing, her face turning serious for a moment. "Is that what kept you awake? Try to relax for a few over breakfast. We'll be better able to deal with the briefing that way." She looks over at Kelvin and Tia, wondering if a little distraction will ease Vooko's worries. "Your cousin--he's always so cheerful? He seems very good for Tia. I hope it works out for them." For us, as she wistfully recalled the brush of lips against her cheek. "Go get your food--everything's pretty edible, except for the eggs."

Vanger Chevane
19 January 2005, 02:15 PM
"Is that what kept you awake? Try to relax for a few over breakfast. We'll be better able to deal with the briefing that way."
"What made it uncomfortable was the idea he could be genuine in his stated mission. But I find it difficult to believe him stupid enough not to recognize the mess he, and we, are in as a result. Is he and Imp, shockingly ignorant, or is there a third answer?"


"Your cousin--he's always so cheerful? He seems very good for Tia. I hope it works out for them."
"Kelvin is, most of the time. Usually if he's serious something has, or is about to, turn nasty.

Tia keeps herself very closed off, he has a knack for reading people. Hopefully she'll be able to open up and trust someone soon."

Jemma
20 January 2005, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar &amp; Raven
Kelvin promptly headed for the spot Tia was sitting, and smiled when he got there, setting his tray on the table. "Mornin sunshine! Sleep well? I got some but seemed alot less"

Tia saw Kelvin enter the mess hall and her body tensed, hoping he would notice her and join her for breakfast. She had strategically chosen her seat to be all by herself but easily seen from both the entrance and food processing stations. She also wore her casual clothes because they showed off her figure much more than her greasy overalls did. She would have to swing back past her quarters to change before heading back down to the hangar bay for the day.

When Kelvin turns and walks toward her table she pretends not to see him, casually paging through the technical specs of the A-Wing fighters her team was now supporting. When he walks up to her table she greets him with a huge smile that lights up her entire face, her light freckles coming together over her nose and cheeks. She wasn't very good at pretending. She shyly tucks a piece of loose hair behind her ear when he calls her 'sunshine', smiling again.

"Good morning, I didn't see you come in," she lied, "I was just going through the specs of the A-Wing fighters. I slept like the dead. It might have had something to do with the alcohol," she said, blushing slightly, "I'm not used to drinking much. Thank you for walking me back to my room, that was sweet. And I'm sorry about burdening you with the stories about my .... unfortunate past .... and .... crying .... I was real downer last night. And .... thank you for being a gentleman," she adds quickly, looking away.


Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar &amp; Raven
Kelvin dug into his breakfast, and then remembered the amusing time at camp, figuring Tia would enjoy hearing this one... "

Tia sat listening to Kelvin's story, giggling at different parts and nibbling on the two pieces of toast with strawberry jam that were on her plate when he sat down. Wrapping her hands around the warm mug of caf she gazed into his eyes, biting her lower lip as he finished the story.

"That reminds me of home, before we left planetside to test daddy's ideas. We were living in a scientific apartment complex and I had lots of friends. Mom was great, she would let me have sleep-overs once every lunar cycle. They were a blast, we would stay up late chatting about school and boys and they always ended with us giggling and having a pillow fight. Sometimes I wish we never left that apartment," she says with a far off look in her eyes.

Coming back to the present she smiles at Kelvin again, "Those are great memories. You better watch out, I'm a seasoned pillow fighter and I might have to kick you butt someday. Anyway, what do you think this briefing is all about?" she asks looking up at the chronometer on the wall, "we only have about 25 minutes before we have to get down there. They must have brought you guys in for something special. Any ideas?"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 January 2005, 09:19 PM
Now thats the kind of face that makes getting woken up worth for in the mornings Kelvin thought to himself as Tia smiled from his choice of greetings...

Kelvin rested his elbows proped on the table, resting his chin in his clasped hands and listened to another snippet of fond memory Tia revealed with a far off look. It was nice that Tia still had some good memories before her life was radically changed.

Coming back to the present she smiles at Kelvin again, "Those are great memories. You better watch out, I'm a seasoned pillow fighter and I might have to kick you butt someday. Anyway, what do you think this briefing is all about?" she asks looking up at the chronometer on the wall, "we only have about 25 minutes before we have to get down there. They must have brought you guys in for something special. Any ideas?"
Kelvin returns the smile, "I've got plenty more where those came from, you could even say i'm full of it." he says with making a bit of fun of himself, and chuckles. "You've got some cherished ones too. I think we could spend a whole evening or few, sitting back relaxing under the stars and reminesce the good, happy and sad ones." Kelvin says with a warm tone and smile. A flash of playfulness in his eyes, "If your really as good as you say you are, with a pillow, your just going to have to prove it... " Looking at the wall chrono, "its 35 past already? This morning's going quick. I sure hope briefing goes by this fast. I'm been kinda wondering what this all was about. If Tobler knew anything, he sure as heck didnt share it on the trip over. So, what do ya wanna do for the next 25mins? Too bad we didn't have the full hour yet, I'd've been almost inclined to challenge you to a pillow fight..." Kelvin finishes, smiling playfully as he kept his gaze soley on Tia, glancing down once or twice at her choice of outfit, which was a nice change from bulky coveralls, in his opinion.

Ris
23 January 2005, 11:53 AM
"What made it uncomfortable was the idea he could be genuine in his stated mission. But I find it difficult to believe him stupid enough not to recognize the mess he, and we, are in as a result. Is he an Imp, shockingly ignorant, or is there a third answer?"
"I just don't know, Vooko," Wynn replied. "And you've already tried talking to him and he just doesn't give much in answer. I think the best we can do at this late time, is to go into that briefing and hear what the General has to say--and hope the Force is with us--& his staff & Alliance Intel have thought this through a lot better than it seems." She aate another of the sausage pastries, trying to think of anything else, but came up blank.
"It's getting close to the briefing. What do we want to do between now & then? Go down to the hangar & visit our snubs? Our shall we chat up the merry couple yonder?"

red5_5
23 January 2005, 12:11 PM
The broadcast speakers come online and a female voice comes over the comm: "Cinowyn Antilles, Kelvin Radegant, Tia Nebular, Tobler Grizbain, Vooko Zeelas, and Paps and Taps Galo, please report to the command center immediately, the General wishes to see you all."

(OOC: Time to get this show on the road!)

Ris
23 January 2005, 05:49 PM
"Well, there's our cue, Six. You wanna be Lead or Wing when it's question & answer time?" Her eyes are merry as she quickly buses the remains of her breakfast. She waits for Vooko & the others to rise and head for the door. The merriment in her eyes is quicky replaced by a serious expression. It's not worried as much as thoughtful, but even on short aquaintance, Vooko can see the durasteel behind the expressioon

Vanger Chevane
23 January 2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Ris
"Well, there's our cue, Six. You wanna be Lead or Wing when it's question & answer time?" Her eyes are merry as she quickly buses the remains of her breakfast. She waits for Vooko & the others to rise and head for the door. The merriment in her eyes is quicky replaced by a serious expression. It's not worried as much as thoughtful, but even on short aquaintance, Vooko can see the durasteel behind the expressioon
Stands and drains his cup of Caf on one long gulp. "Not my forte on this one, you've probly got more skill at handling such a situation.

And personalities involved.

Jemma
25 January 2005, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar &amp; Raven
"If your really as good as you say you are, with a pillow, your just going to have to prove it... " Looking at the wall chrono, "its 35 past already? This morning's going quick. I sure hope briefing goes by this fast. I'm been kinda wondering what this all was about. If Tobler knew anything, he sure as heck didnt share it on the trip over. So, what do ya wanna do for the next 25mins? Too bad we didn't have the full hour yet, I'd've been almost inclined to challenge you to a pillow fight..." Kelvin finishes, smiling playfully as he kept his gaze soley on Tia, glancing down once or twice at her choice of outfit, which was a nice change from bulky coveralls, in his opinion. [/B]

Tia smiles broadly when he asks her what she wants to do for the next 25 minutes and then notices him checking her out. Smiling shyly she is about to reply when the base loudspeaker calls them to the briefing. With a mischevious look in her eyes she leans forward across the table and whispers, "Too bad .... it looks like we're out of time .... I'll just have to kick your butt some other time."

Standing up she scoops up her empty tray and heads for the repository making sure that Kelvin has to follow her, feeling his eyes on her ass in the tight leather pants as she walks across the room and deposits her tray in the slot. Moving over to the Caf dispenser she draws herself another cup and walks to the door, sipping the hot liquid. Stopping at the door she turns and waits for Kelvin to catch up.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
25 January 2005, 04:17 PM
The anouncment had to sound early..... Kelvin thinks as Tia leaned forward to whisper to him, he made sure to listen.

Kelvin wishfully sighs to himself as Tia stands up, collecting her try and heads for the tray disposal. Kelvin wastes no time getting up too, collects his tray and follows behind. Kelvin couldn't help noticing Tia's rear view just a meter or two ahead of him.

Sliding his tray into the slot also, Tia was waiting for him. He seen her sipping a cup of caf, so Kelvin quickly grabbed a new cup, then hustled over fast as he could without spilling / splashing it...

"You have a good idea there, I wouldn't have figured to grab another cup probably until it was too late" he says with a thoughful grin, using his free arm to hook Tia's, and giving her a slight playful hip nudge "lead the way, chief!"

Ris
26 January 2005, 07:30 AM
Vooko replies to her,

"Not my forte on this one, you've probly got more skill at handling such a situation. And personalities involved."
"Maybe...I wasn't trained as a diplomat, you know." Wynn sounds a little embarrassed. She adds quietly, "As for people, I don't know the General any better than you.
"Now, if our CO's in on this, he'll be best for me to work on. I got to know him a bit, training in the A-wing. He'd flown it some before getting me on his roster, so gave me my oreintation & monitored my training flights.
"But if you come up with something, don't keep silent just because you think I can talk prettier, Vooko."

As they wait for the others, Wynn nudges him & draws his attention to Kelvin & Tia, smiling. "What a pair. My sis was 10 going on 14 or 16, sometimes. I think she might've acted like that if she'd..." The pilot trails off. She tosses her hair, as if to dismiss whatever she'd been thinking.
Returning the smile to her face, she asks Vooko, "Where's your manners--and your arm?" She holds out her hand. "We don't have to look On Duty until we get to the Command Center."
Wynn hoped the General & his staff would be ready to start when they arrived. The only thing worse than a long briefing, was waiting for higher-ups who'd decided to delay for one reason or another, after everyone was assembled.

Jemma
26 January 2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar &amp; Raven
[B"You have a good idea there, I wouldn't have figured to grab another cup probably until it was too late" he says with a thoughful grin, using his free arm to hook Tia's, and giving her a slight playful hip nudge "lead the way, chief!" [/B]

Tia giggles, spilling a little Caf as Kelvin hooks her arm and nudges her with his hip. <i>Two can play at that game,</i> she thinks to herself as she uses her own hip to nudge him back a little harder, spilling his cup of Caf. "Better watch out ... I think I have got you beat in the hip department," she says with another giggle as she wraps her hand around Kelvin's bicep, leaning into him as they walk.

Leading the way she takes them down to the debriefing room. As they get closer to the door she disengages herself from him and walks beside him with the proper amount of room between them. It's not something she wants to do but it probably wouldn't seem right to walk into the briefing arm-in-arm.

Vanger Chevane
26 January 2005, 11:03 AM
But if you come up with something, don't keep silent just because you think I can talk prettier, Vooko.
Snags a quick refill from the distiller on his way out and half-jokingly says "And let this detonate in our faces? I think you underestimate my interest in avoiding an Imperial Inquisition."



"What a pair. My sis was 10 going on 14 or 16, sometimes. I think she might've acted like that if she'd..."
Chuckles. "Indeed. His openness and zest for life mat be something she's been missing. Kelvin may be fun-loving, but he'll treat her with respect." and mutters into his Caf "Even if I have to install it manually"



"Where's your manners--and your arm?" She holds out her hand. "We don't have to look On Duty until we get to the Command Center."
Quickly switches his cup to the other hand, and proffers his elbow. Techwork having taught him to be semi-ambidextrous, or a least have more facility with the off hand than most people partly by necessity.

"Sorry, focused on the Mission at Hand. Also given the choice of diversions about, wasn't sure you wanted to brave this type of Rumour Mill." Flashes Wynn a mischevous smirk "Or are you hoping to discourage the potential suitors of a more dubious quality?"

Ris
27 January 2005, 03:04 AM
"And let this detonate in our faces? I think you underestimate my interest in avoiding an Imperial Inquisition."
Although Wynn let nothing show, the comment was sobering. She just nodded, pretending to be busy stowing her half-finished soda bottle in a cargo pocket.


Kelvin may be fun-loving, but he'll treat her with respect." and mutters into his Caf "Even if I have to install it manually"
Wynn almost missed the last phrase--but in a court you learned to pick up on just such. Even if Courtesy, and sometimes Caution, required you to act oblvious. She recalled Vooko's warning, fist under his cousin's chin, when Kelvin had been eying her in the hangar, right after landing. And Kelvin was only looking, not leering or making comments. Vooko the Gallant, Wynn thought with a smile, as she placed her hand on his arm. It's better, doing it just for fun.


"Sorry, focused on the Mission at Hand. Also given the choice of diversions about, wasn't sure you wanted to brave this type of Rumour Mill." Flashes Wynn a mischevous smirk "Or are you hoping to discourage the potential suitors of a more dubious quality?"
Wynn grins & nods at Kelvin & Tia. "With those 2 cozying up so sweetly," she whispers in his ear, "Eden Base is gonna be too busy gossiping about them to notice just about anything we do."
Wynn returns the smirk with her own wicked grin. "Wouldn't you just love to know?" She hoped that this mission wouldn't involve making the transit in their A-wings.

By the time they reached their destination, Wynn had slipped her hand off her wing's arm & schooled her expression & posture to something appropriate for a high-born Flight Lieutenant. Except for a certain hint of sparkle in blue eyes. Well, here we learn our fate...

Gyp Ryol
27 January 2005, 04:53 PM
Tobler stumbled into the command center. Red-rimmed eyes stared from slightly sagging eyestalks. The Gungan looked as though he had slept in his clothes, and had just dragged himself out of bed. He sleepily smacked his mouth, gazing over at the other people in the room.

He had not slept well. Dreams of his family and Naboo had tortured him as he had tossed and turned on his bunk. He passed a hand weaily over his eyes. He could not even remember what the dream had been, but he did recall waking in a cold sweat in the middle of the station's night cycle. He had tried to sleep after that, but found it so difficult that he had simply stared at the ceiling until he heard the announcement over the intercom.

He had stumbled from his room at that point, and groggily made his way to the command center. He dimly recalled bumping into a few people on his way here, and the dull ache on his head was a probable testament to a nasty bump against the ceiling or a light fixture.

Tobler puts his head down onto his chest and whispers to himself, "What mesa doin here? Ye gods, get mesa outta here. Mesa no wanna get crunchen."

red5_5
28 January 2005, 02:07 PM
As the newly minted group walks into the bustling command center, the ground rumbles and stirs, like an earth quake. Dust falls from the ceiling, sensor boards topple over, and base officers fall to the floor. Wyn, Kelvin, Tobler, Vooko, Paps, Taps, and the bodyguard Junie all manage to keep their balance, either by grabbing nearby equipment or leaning into the wall. But, Tia looses her balance on the bucking floor and falls hard to the ground.

General Shram Reu Lai picks himself off the floor and dusts off his usually spotless uniform. "What was that? Lt. Bruna, get up and get to work on the sensors."

Lt. Bruna stands up and sits back down at the sensor console. His eyes get large and he shouts out, "Star Destroyer, Sir! It wasn't there before."

"Blast! Must have a cloaking device. I haven't seen one of those since the days of the Republic." Another smaller shock hits the base and sends more debris onto the floor. The General turns to another officer and says, "Send the evacuation code signal. We can't stand against a Star Destroyer. Get everyone out of the base immediately!"

Seeing the group, General Reu Lai says, "Someone ratted to the Imps. You all should get out of the base asap. You can get out through the guard bunker or you can try your luck on starships." Glancing awkwardly at Tobler, he pulls out a datacard and says, "This has the coordinates to the rendevous point on Eden. Good luck and may the Force be with you."

The General turns away and listens as an officer fills him in. "Sir, we've lost Lt. Commander Kai in the shield control bunker. We can't raise the shields."

With a grimace, General Reu Lai shouts, "Sithspit! Get everyone out of the base. Now!"

Vanger Chevane
28 January 2005, 02:43 PM
As the floor jumps, and Vooko struggles (and barely succeeds) to keep a balance between both Wynn and what's left of his Caf, a nightmare springs to mind that suddenly becomes all too real.

Emperor's Black Bones, we're too late! Could one of the new arrivals, even unwittingly, be packing a homing device?

His instincts already screaming to bolt back to the hanger, looks at his wing "I'm not losing my ship, anything that takes off needs an escort. You in?"



"This has the coordinates to the rendevous point on Eden. Good luck and may the Force be with you."
Vooko couldn't believe his ears. "You realize we're already on Eden? All that Impstar has to do is orbit a bit to pound the RP flat, provided its TIEs don't first.

Unless it's a Ready-Evac , probly our best option for the Dirtbound is ducking out & dispersing in small bands, maybe going Guerrilla."

red5_5
28 January 2005, 02:48 PM
"You realize we're already on Eden? All that Impstar has to do is orbit a bit to pound the RP flat, provided its TIEs don't first.

"I know that, son, but it's the best back up plan we've got. Besides they're well hidden. Not many ships are going to make it past the Star Destroyer, so it's a good place to regroup.."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 January 2005, 12:35 AM
As the room shook, What the Frak?!? Kelvin thought in surprise.

"Tia!" Kelvin shouted in concern as Tia fell, barely keeping his balance, regretting it instead of letting himself take a dive, which he possibly could've tried for falling benath her.

The moment the shaking stopped, and everyone shouting, Kelvin didn't waste a moment, dropped to his knees to scoop Tia up, being gentle but quick as possible as he lifted her into his arms, holding her close, genuine concern colored his voice, Kelvin put his face close enough to hers to smell the caff on her breath, hoping she was still concious & breathing "Tia, are you alright?!" Trying not to alarm or scare her any further than the attack, he then added lightly with a smile, his voice softer and quieter, "Nasty fall you took there. How'd you feel about going on a little camping trip? I can't promise there'd be any pillows, though..."

Glancing over at his cousin & pilot friend, "Vook, Wynn, if we're going dirtside, possibly Guerilla, then we need to pickup my gear in my room. Save for a couple bottles of Lum, I'll have all we need to still make ourselves a slice of paradise!" Kelvin's tone starts out serious, but manages a bit of optimism & cheer from confidence.

Thinking & speaking thoughtfully, "Hey, I don't suppose anyone's got a couple spare repulsor units and a sheet of duraplast in their back pocket do they? I reckin it'd be a good idea to fashion ourselves a cart and go do some shopping on our way out for the camping trip. No tellin how long we may be out there for. No tellin if we'll be able to even get back to our rooms at this point."

His first & imediate concern was Tia. Secondly, he was moreless thinking out loud a mental checklist of stuff they'd need for an unschedualled outdoor excursion. It came automatically to him, from years of outdoor childhood adventuring with Vookoo, as well as official training from the Rebel camp.

OOC: dunno of Tia's state - a hard fall could mean a nasty bump to the head and bruises or worse. Will help her back onto her feet if Tia's up to walking. Jem - you can simply post kelvin doing so, or picking her up and being carried in his arms, ;)

Ris
30 January 2005, 05:52 PM
Lt. Antilles managed to keep from falling into her wing by grabbing the nearest console. She started to Tia, but Kelvin got to her first. She helped up one of the officers who had fallen, then looked at Vooko.

His instincts already screaming to bolt back to the hanger, looks at his wing "I'm not losing my ship, anything that takes off needs an escort. You in?"
"Of course! Sith--!" Wynn realizes that she doesn't have her gear on. Expecting to have at least a cursory physical before departure, she'd not bothered putting on anything but the flightsuit. But since Blue Squadron was understrength, there was plenty of gear in the hangar's lockers.

Wynn listens to the exchange between Vooko & the General & pulls out her datapad, ready to make a copy of the coordinates. We need a duplicate--what if something happens to him? Assuming he is clean...


"Vook, Wynn, if we're going dirtside, possibly Guerilla, then we need to pickup my gear in my room. Save for a couple bottles of Lum, I'll have all we need to still make ourselves a slice of paradise!"
Wynn turned to him. "Do you have time, Kelvin? We'll meet you 2 in the hangar." Like Vooko's, her thoughts turn to homing devices. "But don't take the Chance--don't let anyone take it! It could lead the damned Imps right to us!"

To the General, "You & your staff should get to one of the transports now, along with your people, Sir! While the tunnel is passable. You'd be quite the prize if their plans include prisoners. We'll escort." She turned her mind away from the old imaginings of her father's death, focusing on those living in the here & now. "I assume there's a plan for getting the injured out?"

"Let's go, Vooko! We launch with no check--I'm your wing!" The Flight Officer had more experience in an A than she did--and that was going to count in the emergency. "Blues' channel--try to raise the other Blues, Vooko & organize the escort." Wynn looked down at the datapad with the copied coordinates. Once they were aloft, if there were other Blues, she could transmit it encrypted. If there's time before the TIE's launch...
Then she recalled the message on her computer that morning--Razzle, her R2 had been repaired and released to her. Wynn used the datapad to signal it. "I've got my droid, Vooko! They can take him on the shuttle!"

red5_5
30 January 2005, 07:02 PM
Lt. Bruno shouts out, "Incoming, sir! Everybody brace for impact!"

A ferocious barrage hits the base, causing more damage to the already weakened structure. Large rocks fall from the ceiling, some hitting sitting officers and some barely missing the helpless beings. The group manages to stay on their feet, but just barely. General Reu Lai, leaning on a severly damaged console, shouts, "Damage report! How's the base holding?"

Lt. Bruno replies, "Not good, sir! We have a report from the docking bay. I'm putting it on the speakers."

The intercomm system crackles, pops, and crackles some more. Finally a weak signal comes through, "General, this is Blue Squad commander Aklan. The docking bay is demolished and there's only a few functioning starships left. The back end of the bay has collapsed, taking a few people with it, and we're sealed off from the rest of the base."

"Blast! We can't leave you in there! Is there any other way out?"

The only way out is on starships. A couple Y-wings launched before the hit, and now there is only Zeela's A-wing and the Last Chance. We're gonna have to pile everyone on the ships and hope to get past the TIE patrols. If Zeela's is still alive, tell him I'll take care of his ship. It'll be waiting for him at the rendezvous. Aklan out."

"May the Force be with you, Commander." The General turns to the group and says, "I'm sorry Zeelas, but Aklan's a great pilot. He'll have your ship at the rendezvous. But, now that you're grounded here, you're going to have to strike out through the jungle. The guard bunker should have some vehicles in it, there are supplies in the armory, and there should be some medpacs in the medical bay. Save yourselves and don't worry about me. That's all I can do for you, May the Force be with you." Turning away from the group, he walks off into the command center, barking commands.

Jemma
31 January 2005, 12:28 PM
Tia was thrown to the floor by the initial blast from the Star Destroyer and was momentarily stunned. As she lies on the floor she tries to take stock of all of her body parts. Her head hurts a little but most of her pain is in her right arm. Great, she thinks to herself, that's the one that the slavers broke when they captured me on Dantooine. Hopefully it's not broken again.

Feeling herself being lifted up she opens her eyes and see that it is Kelvin that is holding her in his strong arms. "Have I died ... are you an angel," she asks jokingly, "or just a knight in shining armor?"

Laughing weakly at her joke she sucks in her breath as her arm bangs against Kelvin. Grabbing it with her other hand she yelps, "Owww ... that hurts." Flexing her fingers she moves her arm around tentatively, "My arm hurts but I think I'll survive," she says.

Her face pales as the base is rocked again by another attack. Looking up at Kelvin she says, "you better put me down and we better get the hell out of here before the whole base collapses on our heads."

Vanger Chevane
1 February 2005, 02:39 PM
Checking the map in his Datapad "First stop is the Armory, then quarters, lounge, med bay, and Vehicle Bay unless we split up and raid areas based on specialty."

Starts walking down the corridor to the armory.

"A skimmer or speeder of some sort may be easier to detect, but we can carry more & it beats walkin.

Suggestions?"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
1 February 2005, 08:01 PM
Feeling herself being lifted up she opens her eyes and see that it is Kelvin that is holding her in his strong arms. "Have I died ... are you an angel," she asks jokingly, "or just a knight in shining armor?"

Kelvin chuckles, "How about I let you know when I figure that out myself?"

Kelvin winces apologetically as Tia's arm was sensitive. The base rocked again, and Kelvin gently let Tia onto her feet as she requested, trying not to dusturb her arm any more...

"A couple of meds should fix that arm of yours." Kelvin checks his pockets, shrugs, "Nope, must've left the medpack in my other pair of pants."

Listning to Vookoo, "Sounds like a plan Vookoo! lets go shopping! Aint exactly Life Day but what the heck eh?

I'd suggest going Ronto or Dewback or whatever, - asuming if there were any at the base. It'd look like a small wild herd from above, and we'd be able to carry a hefty load of supplies. " Rubbing his goatee for a moment while thinking, "Hmmm, If we take speeders, would we take one, two or a few?"

"Thats why I was asking about taking a few sheets of duraplast and bolt on a couple of repulsors to the undersides - could pull them along going on foot..."

"What about the rest of you guys? Tia? Tobler? Wynn?" Kelvin asked the rest of them.

Ris
3 February 2005, 03:03 AM
"What about the rest of you guys? Tia? Tobler? Wynn?" Kelvin asked the rest of them.
Wynn, following Vooko, didn't answer for a few moments. She was typing into her datapad, making sure Razzle got onto the transport. "If Tia's OK, how about she goes for a vehicle after we hit the armory. I can grab whatever you need from your quarters along with my handful, Chief."

"Hmmm, If we take speeders, would we take one, two or a few?"

"Depends on how many are in our party--we may have to transport wounded, which could be good in one way, since they'd send a real medic of some sort with us."

I'd suggest going Ronto or Dewback or whatever, - asuming if there were any at the base. It'd look like a small wild herd from above, and we'd be able to carry a hefty load of supplies. "
"I don't know if Eden has any, but it's likely--most bases do. I don't think it would look like a wild herd, depend on how experienced the spotters are & what they know about the planet's fauna. But I can ride & it's a good idea. "
"I can grab some first aid supplies, I think I know where they keep stuff in Medical, all the time I spent there--but increases the chances we'll be an Ambulance Squad, if one of us shows up there.
"Tobler, what are you in for?"
As she waits for the replies. one more thing occurs to Wynn. she quickly types a command to Razzle. "I told Razz that if they're on Last Chance, he better check that thing for added electronics. I'd not be surprised if it was tracked here."

Gyp Ryol
6 February 2005, 01:11 PM
Tobler's eyes seem to focus and clear up as he responds to the female and male Human pilots. "Mesa stop at me room to grab me personals and then hurry to the hangar to procure a speeder for ousa departure. As the base is currently being bombarded into oblivion, please exsqueeze me necessarily hasty departure."

Tobler sprints off down the shaking corridors towards his room, cursing himself for not taking his blaster with him to the briefing. He gripped the datacard in his hand tightly, praying to the gods that he didn't die today.

Tobler's long legs allows him to cut swiftly through the mobs of people scurrying around trying to secure their own survival. He nears the quarters, he nervously notes the lack of people in this area of the base. He comes to a sliding outside his room. He hurridly scoops his blaster, datapad, comlink, and CorSec uniform up and dumps them into his tatterted backpack. He takes a few last minutes glances around the room, making very sure that there was nothing left behind that he would need.

Satisfied, the Gungan ducked out of his room and ran towards the hangar as the base trembled from another assault.

Jemma
7 February 2005, 09:43 AM
Tia listens to the exchanges of the other members of the group. "I can secure a speeder or two if we want them, I know of a couple that are still in my shop but should be operational by now. We could also grab a couple of speeder bikes, I know where I can get my hands on a couple of them as well."

Turning to Ris she gives the other woman a big smile, "If you can grab my blaster belt out of my closet and the small duffle bag as well I should be fine. The duffle has some dirty laundry but it's better than nothing for now and I think I might need the blaster. I'll grab a mechanical and electical tool kit and meet you all in the garage."

"What types of vehicles should I grab? I think we should travel light and get outta here as quickly as we can," she shouts to the group.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 February 2005, 11:10 PM
Listning to the others, "Looks like i'm going to hit the foodstuffs then, canteens of water for sure and whatever else I can scrounge up an' meet ya all in the hanger.

Wynn, while your hitting the quarters, stop by mine and grab the duffel bag, rifle, and don't forget the bow. I didn't even have any time to unpack, save for the change of cloths."

"I suppose Tia, might as well grab whatever's undamaged or still functional and availble. Would be nice if there was a repulsor-sled we could pack the supplies onto and tow... Least if all of us can't fit onto the one speeder we could still ride behind it! " Kelvin grinned with the idea, remembering back to their childhood, "Y'know, Vook & I used to ride like that all the time when we had to help Uncle Hlarret gather the feed bails from the fields every harvest! Only difference was that sled did have some rails to hang onto or tie things onto... "

Vanger Chevane
15 February 2005, 01:56 PM
"I only have an overnight bag I can snag on the way out, since we all have to pass by to get anywhere, stopping in the Armory for a moment ensures you get what you need, not what I think you do.

That sled would also make a great target for TIEs and troopers, as well as being a major pain anywhere but an open road or field. Need to keep the vehicles toward the smaller & reasonably hidable size.

We can convoy several together and scatter if attacked to diffuse their ability to hit us. If done properly, we might be able to concentrate our fire while forcing them to spread theirs. Also the loss of any one vehicle won't be as critical opposed to packing everyone onto a hoverbus."


Swings round the corner into the Armory, one hand already on his toolkit's cutters. Joking in an Advert Announcer's voice "It's our Tax Evasion Sale, everything must go. Prices so low, we just give it to ya."

Jemma
18 February 2005, 09:21 AM
"Got it," Tia said with a smile at Kelvin, "some small vehicles that we can ride and potentially split-up in if we are chased, and maybe a repulsor sled to carry supplies." Turning she heads for the hangar and her group's work area, turning to watch Kelvin as she goes until she can no longer see him.

Hustling through the frenzed throng of people she makes her way to the hangar and checks her data pad to see which vehicles seem ready to go and which still need some repair work. As she checks through the list she looks specifically for speeder bikes and small two-person speeders. Once she figures out what is available for transportation she looks for a functional repulsor sled. Noting the locations of the vehicles she starts gathering up a functional mechanics tool kit to take with them.

Ris
20 February 2005, 06:10 PM
"How'd I get to be the laundress?" Wynn complains, but it's mostly a joke. At least everyone else has laundry--I've got this, my dress, and I think the patient smock's still on the closet floor. "Maybe they'll be camo cloaks or light leathers in the Armory," she tells Vooko. "I don't think you see orange in the jungle, 'cept a few garish flowers, so let's get something like that to wear. I've got my target-blaster right here, so I think I just need a good utility blade or 2 and an ascension-gun."

Wynn takes as little time in the Armory as possible, then ducks by the quarters. Her few personal items, including the dress, are stuffed in flightsuit pockets, then she grabs the requested items from Kelvin's and Tia's rooms. It takes her a few seconds to figure out how to carry the bow. In medical she grabs whatever medpacs she can before rejoining the others. The urgency of the base's remaining personnel is almost tangible now. "Let's get out of here! Now!" she tells her new friends.

coldskier0320
1 March 2005, 08:21 AM
Lt. Bruna shouts out, "Incoming, sir! Everybody brace for impact!"

A ferocious barrage hits the base, causing more damage to the already weakened structure. Large rocks fall from the ceiling, some hitting sitting officers and some barely missing the helpless beings. The group manages to stay on their feet, but just barely. General Reu Lai, leaning on a severly damaged console, shouts, "Damage report! How's the base holding?"

Lt. Bruna replies, "Not good, sir! We have a report from the docking bay. I'm putting it on the speakers."

The intercomm system crackles, pops, and crackles some more. Finally a weak signal comes through, "General, this is Blue Squad commander Aklan. The docking by got hit pretty hard. A lot of ships are damaged, and I dont think we'll all make it out on whats still left here. I'd suggest getting the snub pilots out here to fly their fighters out. They can hold off the TIEs that will be coming while the rest of us get to the RV point."

"Understood, I'll send up the pilots that I can, but it looks like cave-ins may have cut off the barracks from the docking bay. We may not be able to scramble the majority of blue squadron! I know they can get out to the RV point but if that cave-in is here", he highlights a location in the base's schematic that is pulsating a bright red, "How will the rest of us get away?"

"The only way out is on starships. A couple Y-wings launched before the hit, and now there is only Zeela's A-wing, what's left of the Ys, an unarmed transport, and the Last Chance. We're gonna have to pile everyone on the ships and hope to get past the TIE patrols. If Zeelas is still alive, tell him to get his hide up here, we need all the good pilots we can get if anyone is to survive! Aklan out."

"May the Force be with you, Commander." The General turns to the group and says, "Well you heard the man! I don't have time to babysit, I've got people to evacuate! Get up there and see what you can do. When you're away, proceed to these coordinates, there should be some friendly faces there.", he indicates the datacard, "May the Force be with you." Turning away from the group, he walks off into the command center, barking commands.

Vanger Chevane
1 March 2005, 02:24 PM
Already turning to the hatchway, Vooko looks to Wynn "How quick can you get your droid to the Bones?

Kelvin, we pass by the Armory before we get anywhere, good time to grab whatever extra firepower we can nab quick. My bag's already in the (Flight) Line Locker, gimme your key.

Tobler, can you control loading the Chance and getting a crew in place? That's gotta go smooth if we're gonna pull this off."

To Tia: "It'll take you & Wynn a bit to get one ready, I can bypass most of my checklist & hotshot it out with you and the Chance."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 March 2005, 01:20 AM
"Sure thing Vook!" Kelvin reaches into his pocket, then underhand tosses his key to Vookoo without delay. "So, from the armory, suppose I should at least try and see if our quarters can be reached? I'd like to grab my gear if possible. Anyone else while i'm at it?"

Turning to Tia, "Meet you just outside the ship then? Don't wanna be standin outside holding the ship up while at the same time yer inside thinkin the same thing right?" Kelvin said with a hopefull wink, trying to remain cheerful given the dire situation.

Ris
2 March 2005, 03:29 AM
Wynn looked up from her datapad to answer Vooko. "I sent Razzle to snag me one. I'm gonna need help getting him into the socket." Her face makes it clear how concerned she is about the lack of ships and pilots.
Frell! I was gonna take that A they gave me, if the X wasn't ready!! But another thought occurs to her. She taps another command to her R2. "I told Razzle to find a 2-seater--that way I could take someone out & save a bit of space on one of the transports." She doubted she could find one of the gunners or pilots, but...
Wynn turned to Tia, "Chief, you've certainly flown, to diagnose problems at least? If you want, we'll grab you gear & you can go out with me. But it'll be pretty wild if we do meet TIE's. But we can leave the gunnery to Razzle." Wynn was glad she'd tucked her gear & few personal items in the Line Locker before breakfast, rather than just leaving it in her quarters. She added to Vooko & the other 2 males, "Much as I love a furball, I suggest we get the heck outta Mos Eisley ASAP. Kelvin, Tobler, tell the transports to jump as soon a they're out of the well. Then us fighters follow."

Jemma
2 March 2005, 04:32 AM
Tia puts on her best brave face and smiles reassuringly at Kelvin although her eyes appear moist remembering the last time she had to evacuate a base and the man she never saw again. On impulse she steps forward and reaches a hand up to his head pulling his face down to her's and kissing him deeply on the mouth. While her smile implied brave confidence her kiss screams, I may never see you again. As she kisses him she wraps her other arm around his waist and pulls their bodies close together, crushing herself against him. Breaking off the kiss she wraps her other arm around him and leans in close to his ear and whispers, "it looks like I'll be flying co-pilot with Wynn. Promise me you'll find me, promise me."

When Kelvin answers she disentwines herself from him and takes his face in both hands looking deeply into his eyes. Her own eyes are misty as she smiles again although this time it is obvious that the bravery is feigned. Turning away from him she wipes her eyes with the backs of her hands and walks toward Wynn, "You've got your co-pilot Lt. let's give them hell."

coldskier0320
2 March 2005, 06:17 AM
Armory: The armory, wether due to chance, or the reinforced duracrete walls, is able to protect from attacks from the outside as well as from weapon malfunctions on the inside. The relatively unscathed room, however, has already seen a few visits from hurriedly evacuating personnel. Several racks of blaster rifles are totally gone, and dropped power packs litter the floor. At first glance, Kelvin can see five or six pistols, of varying make and model, on the shelves, two sealed boxes marked "BTA280", and a wooden crate. The top of the crate has been pried open and inside, among tidbits of packing foam, you can see the snout of a grenade launcher. Lying beside this is a heavy cloth sack, half full (or half empty) with grenades that appear to go with the launcher. Apparently, these were deemed to heavy and left behind by a previous passerby...

Quarters: (Basically, you can manage to take whatever you want from the armory, Terras, and still get to the quarters with reasonable speed. Just tell waht you grab in your post.) A true testament to Rebel honor, you find your quarters in the same state that you left them, with all of your gear sitting exactly where you put it, unmolested by the evacuating staff. Each other room is in the same state, and you may take whatever you feel you must.

Docking Bay: When you get to the huge, cavernous room that is the docking bay, you find a scene of chaos. The seismic activity enacted by the turbolasers has thrown many ships around the bay, rendering them useless. Support girders and maintenance gantrys sag to the floor, and various hoses spew foul-smelling gases as the swing around.

Suddenly, the bay flashes a blinding green-yellow as a turbolaser blast rocks the base. Large chunks of rocky ceiling rain down, breaking noses and even entire engines from some of the few remaining fighters on the far side of the bay, and putting large dents in a large transport near the Last Chance sitting on the near side. The latter, remains remarkable unmolested by the disorder around it. As you run toward the fighters, you notice your boots splashing in puddles of fuel, spilled from damaged tanks. You realize then that fuel covers most of the floor, coming out in a steady stream from the main refueling line and making contitions slippery and potentially explosive. There's no telling how much fuel vapor is in the air. One thing is for sure: you'd better exit the bay on repulsorlifts, as sublights will make the whole bay go up like a tinderbox.

Then you hear the all-too-familiar cream of twin ion thrusters, and can see the silhouettes of TIE bombers, escorted by fighters, racing toward the cliff face. Just when you think the imperial pilots are meaning to ram the cliff face, the twin-hulled bombers drop their payload, and then, weight-reduced, pull up hard, nearly deafening everyone inside the bay as the rocket by. Scant moments later, you hear the deep, almost subsonic twang of a seismic charge...

The ground bucks, and everyone is thrown to the floor, some splashing down in pools of fuel, others simply cast down. A large boulder shakes loose form above, crushing a pair of techs who were prepping a Y-wing beneath its massive bulk. Then, the main blast door's automatic failsafes cut in, and the mazzive durasteel plates begin to close ponderously.

With a second twang, another charge goes off. Everyone is again thrown to the floor and a few ships are literally tossed airborne, crashing down in a mangled pile. Near the door where you entered, a wrecked Y-wing sparks and ignites some fuel lying around it. The Last Chance itself is thrown nearly completely out of the bay. Before it can plummet over the cliff face, however, it is stopped by the descending blast door, which slowly begins to crush the freighter. Still, the Last Chance greatly slows the door, earning its namesake...

It looks like as far as stable ships go, there's Vooko's A-wing, the Y-wing the techs were prepping, an X-wing sitting in a repair alcove, and a second Y-wing, that Tia remembers another crew had been retrofitting for the past week or so. Wether or not they'd completed their job remains to be seen.

((OOC: As I understood it, Kelvin is heading to the armory and quarters alone, and the rest of you are heading for the docking bay. Tobler specifically to the Last Chance (now out of the action). You have access to the Line lockers from the bay, in a seperate room that you still have access to. The flames, as of now, can be passed through, though if there's fuel in your clothes...well, you do the math.))

Vanger Chevane
3 March 2005, 04:01 PM
"I told Razzle to find a 2-seater--that way I could take someone out & save a bit of space on one of the transports."
"Great idea. Razzle may be able to target the turret guns, but the back-seater would have to pull the trigger."

"We should sych our comlinks to a nonstandard freq." Out of long habit his memory comes up with one of Tancredi's OpChans "Five-one-five-point-two-two should work."

Runs out the door straight to Kelvin's Quarters, fumbles with the key for a moment, suddenly realizing he's still carrying a disappointingly empty Caf mug. Shoving it into a pocket of the pack, he snags his brother's belongings from the foot of the bed, then pounds to the locker to get the Overnight Bag that holds the sum total of his own possesions.

Noticing and recognizing the fumes as he nears the lockers Son of the Sith, that's fuel! The whole bay could go up any second.

With the pack on his back, bow across its top, rifle in one hand and bag in the other splashes across the Duracrete dodging various & sundry bits of debris toward his cherished snubfighter. One lucky shot and Captain Happy up there's gonna be really proud of someone for torching half the base's personnel. Least the Chance is still in good shape, I'd hate to see Kevin piloting one of those Bones. Probly wouldn't last long.

Tries to see if anyone has reached the snubs or Chance before him as the Seismic Charges send him skittering wildly across the bay like a drop of ale on a hot cooktop, barely able to keep on his feet.

Ris
3 March 2005, 05:31 PM
Lt. Antilles tunes her comlink to Blue's scrambled frequency, and tries to raise Comm. Aklan. "Lead, Seven. Six & I are on the way. Orders?" As she waits for a reply, Wynn stares at the exurberance of Tia's leave-taking from Kelvin.

"You've got your co-pilot Lt. Let's give them hell."
"All 9 Corellian hells, girlfriend! I guess the guys will grab your stuff, while we get geared up."
She almost misses Vooko's comment.

"Great idea. Razzle may be able to target the turret guns, but the back-seater would have to pull the trigger."
"Yeah. I think Tia's up to it." As Wynn took a breath, Vooko started to turn away. Wynn grabbed his arm. "Vooko...you..." Wynn embraces him, pressing her lips and body briefly against his. Almost as surprised as her wing, she ends the kiss, barely longer than the one on her cheek the night before. "For luck!" she tells Vooko.
"I certainly feel that way." In almost any other situation, the very rogueish grin he flashed would have been irresisitable. Even so, she longs to resume the kiss.
Though taken aback by her own emotions, she pushes them aside for now. Cinowyn Antilles was bred to duty, and she--and Vooko--had urgent duties.
Apparently he felt the same, for Vooko Zeelas' next words were, "We should sych our comlinks to a nonstandard freq. Five-one-five-point-two-two should work."
"C'mon--time to gear up," she tells Tia, as she resets the comlink, and heads to the bay, figuring Tia will be right behind her.
Just as she enters the hangar bay, the green-yellow of a turbolaser hit momentariy sears her eyes. Wynn manages to keep upright, while her nose wrinkles at the scent of the spilled fuel that she'd almost slipped in. Sithspawn! Carefully, trying to avoid as much of the spills as possible she makes her way to the gear lockers. She quickly puts on the rest of her personal gear, including helmet, and starts grabbing gear for Tia. Now for their snub.
Wynn gives a farewell glance to the X-wing that she'd taken such pride and pleasure in. It wasn't flight-ready, she knew from Razzle. She decides on the Y being prepped, sparing a silent "thank you" to the 2 dead techs as Razzle joins her.

(OOC: Vanger has OK'd Vooko's parts in this post.)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
3 March 2005, 11:26 PM
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know...

Tia took Kelvin by welcome surprise, and drunk in her tender hot moist coffiene laced sweetness for those several seconds of passionate embrace- a momentary slice of paradise amidst the middle of deadly chaos that surrounded them, but like all things crashing down around them, it was over as sudden as it begun...
"it looks like I'll be flying co-pilot with Wynn. Promise me you'll find me, promise me."

"I promise. If it means tipping the galaxy over, I will..." Kelvin spoke with solemn resolution, as he whispered into her ear now with the taste of her lymon coffiene in his breath that mingled with the delicate scent of her hair, clutching her close with equal force. Their eyes meet one last time as she pulled away then cupped his face in her hands (and all he wanted to do was be lost into those eyes) before turning away to join Wynn...

There was that unamimous feeling of 'goodbye, take care, good luck, see you soon' or at least Kelvin thought he felt in that room, as he glanced back before hoofing it out of the room, hating every little bit of it having to tear himself away from Vookoo and Tia... the lingering tasting the coffiene... But time was of the essence if any and all of them were to make it out alive...

Kelvin hadn't the benifit of knowing the base inside and out, so he swung around each corner on estimated guess and hunch... The whole way his heart was pounding, Tia occupying the rest of his thought capacity that wasn't already focused on the hallways ahead of him. With luck, he reached the armory, pausing to catch his breath, hot hands gripping the doorway - he must've forgotten to breath... He had to try hard to think, as his gaze swept over the mess of the room... It was like a stampede crazed herd of nerfs trampled through it...

Kelvin snatched up 4 pistols and shoved them down into the belt of his pants - left, right, and two in the back back... Taking the satchel of grenades, he scooped up as many powerpacks into it, filling the sack full and closed it. Heaving it over his shoulder with a huff, reached into the crate of foam chips and heaved out the grenade launcher with both hands...

Not wasting a second, Kelvin spun on his heels as best he could, the weighty satchel swaying him slightly, and used the grenade launcher gripped in both hands to counterbalance himself from falling...

Out the door and jaunting down the hall like a jaugernaught at best possible speed, rocking the grenade luancher side to side with each lunge... The base rocked again, more ceiling caving down in varied chunks, nearly tripping and stumbling Kelvin with awkward mid-stride leaps, ducks and dodges... unfamiliar fighter engines screamed above the base, which was followed by some deep resounding 'thwooooomp' somewheres, quaking the base... His own momentum sent Kelvin diving to the floor, arms outstretched clutching the launcher ahead of him. And the bag landed down hard on the small of his back.

It took a moment to pick himself up, wincing, his skin stinging in various places from numerous scrapes and scratches, then continued towards the hanger. Reaching the hanger, the dark sheen of fuel glazed the floor oily wet... More explosions, many firey explosions, raining firey debris causing secondary explosions... In the distance, people were killed in less than a heartbeat, fighters were crushed or blown apart, one particular forcefull explosion tossed the freighter he arrived in like a toy model. The heat of the blast even this far away was staggering as Kelvin used one arm to protect his face from the blast, other arm against the wall for support...

And the bay doors had begun to close, which would soon become a fiery metal and duracrete tomb, with just enough air from the now starship jammed half closed doors to make the bay a full blown incindary inferno, with all the ruptured tanks amongst the still undamaged ones...

In one corner, Kelvin spotted a yet unscathed Y-Wing. It was either risk trekking back through the shambling base corridors, or take his chances. Kelvin was almost as good as Vookoo with a speeder, but Kelvin wasn't the racer for the family team either. There was little distinction between those racers and starfighters... Kelvin swore to himself, looked once over his shoulder then took off for the Y-wing... He didn't even want to think about his friends who may or may not have been time to escape...

Gyp Ryol
4 March 2005, 08:07 AM
Tobler gives one quick nod to the Human male fighter pilot and sprints down to the docking bay. His tall and lanky frame allows the Gungan to easily navigate the panicked corridors. Gotta getten to ship was Tobler's only thought as he dodged, weaved, and slid his way through the Eden base.

The Gungan arrives, panting a little, and resting on the door frame into the bay for support. He heaves a sigh of relief to see the Last Chance resting intact and whole in the docking bay. He runs towards it, realizing too late that his unshod feet have gone right through a puddle of starship fuel. He stumbles a bit as he tries to shake the fuel off one foot, then the other, all the while moving towards the frieghter.

Tobler's head snaps up from his feet as he recognizes the scream of twin ion engines. He sees the TIE Bombers coming towards the bay. He yells as loud as he can, "BOMBERS!" Tobler then dives to the side and under some wreckage, hoping to ride out the sure-to-follow explosions.

The two seismic charges go off, jarring Tobler and causing some of the wreckage to fall on his head. But that all pales in comparison to the sight of the Last Chance, not twenty meters away from Tobler, bounce, skip, and rattle towards the open bay door. "NO!"

He watches for a few moments as the huge door begins to crush the frieghter. He then immediately considers his other options. The other transport would likely be full of people already and would be a bigger target to the Imperials. There were the Y-Wings, but Tobler wasn't sure whether their slow sleed would hinder the escape. Plus, Tobler wasn't a great fighter pilot. He had spent a little time in a Z-95 simulator at the CorSec academy, and he had heard that X-Wings were very similar to Z-95's...

Tobler sprints over to the X-Wing in the repair alcove, praying to the gods that it was fully repaired. He detached tubes and conduits, as wells as pushing anything out of the way of the X-Wing. He closed up as many open panels as possible, then hoisted himself into the fighter without the aid of a ladder. Fortunately for Tobler, his activities had attracted the attention of an R2 unit, who quickly scooted over to the X-Wing.

Tobler, precariously balanced on the lip of the cockpit, saw the droid coming over and jumped down. He tried to remember a scene he saw earlier in the bay, before the battle, when he saw techs inserting a droid into a X-Wing. He swiftly hooked the droid up to a crane and began to lift the droid up towards the fighter, which elicited some warbles of concern from the droid. Eventually, however, Tobler got the droid into the fighter.

The Gungan then hoisted himself back into the cockpit. He tossed the helmet in the cockpit out, finding it unable to cover his haed aptly. He did, however, keep the comlink equipment. Tobler looked around the cockpit, not entirely sure how to start. He said to the R2 unit, "You're going to have to walk me through this." The R2, beginning to regret coming over in the first place, snapped instructions to Tobler on the cockpit screen...

coldskier0320
4 March 2005, 02:24 PM
"Lead, Seven. Six & I are on the way. Orders?"

A crackly reply comes over the comm, "Scramble...protect the transport...keep TIEs from...runs on evacuees...defenseless. After...coordinates...hardwired into the Ys."

A wash of static indicates you probably wont get much more coaching from Aklan. As you climb into the cockpit, Tia sliding down into the gunner's station as Wynn takes the pilots seat. Razzle, snug in the Y-wing's droid socket put up a readout on your screen. Apparently, there was only a single squadron outside, comprised of six each TIE bombers and the TIE/ln, standard fighter. Razzle had used a scomp link in the docking bay to patch into the base's sensors. The little runt was definitely earning his salary. Moments later, Razzle replaces that readout with another: the X-wing was still under modification, and as thus, wouldn't have been ready to scramble. Though most of the new hardware was installed, everything still needed to be integrated and reconnected, not to mention having its timing reset.


Kelvin swore to himself, looked once over his shoulder then took off for the Y-wing... He didn't even want to think about his friends who may or may not have been time to escape...

Making it to the apparently undamaged craft, Kelvin climbs up a small ladder, banging his knee painfully on a rung after slipping on his slick boot soles. Flipping up the seat of the fighter, he gains access to the coffin-sized cargo compartment, into which he stows the grenade launcher and grenades. Then he flips the seat cover back down and starts warming up the fighter.

In the initialization sequence, he can't help but notice the deep thrumming of the engines, in marked contrast to the whine of most fighter engines. He wasn't sure if it was a good ro a bad thing until the main computer came to life to give him a preflight status report:

--Port Engine: Koensayr R330c 100%
--Starboard Engine: Koensayr R330c 100%

A huge improvement over the fast-approaching-obsolescence R200 stock engines, the R330 units were known for their quick responsiveness, and their forgiving durability. Hopefully this would help counteract his inexperience in fighters, Kelvin hoped...


Tobler looked around the cockpit, not entirely sure how to start. He said to the R2 unit, "You're going to have to walk me through this." The R2, beginning to regret coming over in the first place, snapped instructions to Tobler on the cockpit screen.

Dutifully, the distressed astromech spits out a stream of instructions, one line, then five, then eighteen, then forty-seven...soon the lines of steps necessary to get the ship flying filled the readout screen and began creating a rapidly lengthening scroll down list.

"1: Reconnect port anticoncussion generator to power coupling 36d.
2: Use power regulation code 3869.223.867 to feed alluvial dampeners on dorsal port wing.
3: Reattach primary cryogen tubes to repulsor drive unit at port A5.

...
...
...

It seemed this fighter wan't going anywhere for the time being.

Looking across the bay in distress, you see the two women prepping a Y-wing fighter, and cloer to you, Kelvin, alone, hopping into another of the wishbone shaped fighters.


With the pack on his back, bow across its top, rifle in one hand and bag in the other splashes across the Duracrete dodging various & sundry bits of debris toward his cherished snubfighter.

As Vooko nears his fighter, he feels some heat radiating from his engines. Clambering up the side of the smallish ship, he tilts the back of his ejection seat forward to open the cargo comartment just behind the chair. Stowing the gear he'd gathered into this compartment, he rights the chair and settles in.

The heat, it turned out, was not his imagination. Both RV3s were prepped and ready. His weapon systems, too, were online, ready to toast TIE fighters at the press of a button. Checking over his board, Vooko spies a note attached near his targeting computer:

"Clear skies, Zeelas. See you after the war. Alkin."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conditions in the docking bay have not improved. With the entire group present in the docking bay, the fear of having the group split up is lessened, though now, the main worry is that a cave in or eplosion with kill everyone outright. The transport, until now simply sitting idly, begins its warmup sequence. A few techs, who were apparently in the docking control station at the back of the bay, tear off across the bay, leaping up into the transport as its ramp begins to close. Then, your comms crackle to life in your respective cockpits, (except for Tobler in the X-wing, whose comm has been disconnected).

"Transport Pachyderm to Blue squadron, when you're taking off, avoid using your main thrusters. We don't want to cook ourselves in here. Wynn? That you with the tech in the Y to our port? You're Blue Leader now that Alkin went with the rest to the ground RP. Zeelas is Blue Two, and that kid in the other Y is Blue Three. Now the 'Derm here is a good little ship. Not much in the way of blasters, but she's got a tough hide and decent legs. We're gonna keep her low, till we're over the relative horizon from the ImpStar up above, then jet out for hyperspace. The ImpStar would be able to trace your drive emissions straight to the RP, so I'd suggest you do the same. Good luck, pilots and gunners, and may the Force be with you. 'Derm out." With that, the 'Derm wobbles slightly as she rises on her repulsors. While it will still take her a while to warm up, the crew wants to be able to leave as soon as their board goes green.

Across the bay, the fire near the pulverized Y-wing has spread to engulf a second destroyed fighter, and fuel spilling out the hall to the command center has made the passage an inferno. As the flames near a portable fuel cell, the squat pod explodes, showering debris and flame all across the bay. This in turn lights several smaller blazes all across the bay, which themselves begin to spread quickly. Several chunks of flaming wrecage pelt your ships, sizzling and skittering off of your canopies and hulls. The blast is bright enough to cause Vooko's canopy to darken automatically, shielding his eyes fom the blinding flash. The Y-wings, with their more primitive systems, don't darken, and, while no damage results, both Kelvin and Wynn's eyes are dazzled by swirling, colored dots. Tobler's viewport doesn't darken either. The control leads for the viewport polarizer have been disconnected. Luckily, he's facing away from the blast, and the back of his X takes most of the blast. The empty seat in Kelvin's Y-wing is looking better ad better by the moment...

Gyp Ryol
4 March 2005, 08:56 PM
Tobler swears only as the son of a blue collar native of Naboo can: loudly and coarsely. He blends the creative swears of his native Gunganese with Corellian classics, creating a symphony of expletives never heard anywhere else in the galaxy. Tobler kicks the cockpit open with a viscous energy, abandoning the droid and the worthless starfighter. He jumps from the cockpit and runs towards Kelvin's Y-wing.

"Hey! Hey! HEY! HEY! KELVIN! LET ME IN! HEY! LET MESA IN!" yells Tobler as he sprints towards Kelvin, frantically waving his arms and dodging between piles of rubble. "YOU BANTHA-FACED GUNDARK-SNIFFER! GET ME IN THE FRACKING FIGHTER!"

Ye gods, donna let mesa die 'ere...

Ris
5 March 2005, 01:17 PM
"Scramble...protect the transport...keep TIEs from...runs on evacuees...defenseless. After...coordinates...hardwired into the Ys."
"Y'sir, may the Force be with you," Wynn mumbles into the static, even though she knows Aklan won't hear her.

*****
As Wynn buckles up & the canopy closes, she turns to Tia. "All comfy-cozy back there? All you'll need to do is ride shotgun--and fire it! Razzle can give you a review if you need it." Razzle trills and she turns her attention to the display and the droid's written query. "Yeah, vape the checklist--if this is spaceworthy, that's enough! Comm defaults to Blue frequency." She keeps her personal comlink on the channel Vooko gave her. "And yes, you're still wonderful--fit for an ace. Now get those coordinates and start doing your math homework!" She brings the repulsors online, as Pachyderm comms them.


"Transport Pachyderm to Blue squadron, when you're taking off, avoid using your main thrusters. We don't want to cook ourselves in here.
Hmm, thought I just did--but safety first.


Wynn? That you with the tech in the Y to our port? You're Blue Leader now that Aklan went with the rest to the ground RP. Zeelas is Blue Two, and that kid in the other Y is Blue Three.
"Pachyderm, Antilles. That's me. I'm Blue Lead," she acknowledges.


We're gonna keep her low...Good luck, pilots and gunners, and may the Force be with you. 'Derm out."
"And with you, Derm. We'll be right with you." Wynn Antilles brings the Y up on the repulsors, hovering 2 meters above the deck. The ill-fated techs had got the preps far enough along that the wishbone was warmed up by now. But Wynn was waiting for Pachyderm to go green, so she could fly out with them.
"Zeelas, Two. Lead here." In the cockpit, in an emergency, she was all business. "You copy that from the Derm? Keep those squints & dupes occupied for a few. Radegant, you're Blue 3, you know. You're my wing--stay with me & the transport." She wasn't sure how much Kelvin knew about fighters or comm protocol--she hoped enough to keep him alive. "Two, Three and I will see Derm off, then rejoin you to get out." Wynn wished she could fight with Zeelas as her wing, but she couldn't keep up with an A in this, even with the upgraded engines.

Vanger Chevane
5 March 2005, 09:16 PM
After being slid, spun, flipped, and tossed in so many directions he almost couldn't tell which way was Up, Vooko finds himself leaning heavily against something hard, metallic, and vibrating slightly.

Shaking his head once & blinking a few times to get his vision back to only-one-of-everything, realizes he's managed to reach his snub intact. Looking back toward the hatch to the rest of the base, double-checking his Mental Map, he notices Wynn & Tia in a nearby Bone, the R2 apparently watching him with interest.

I know how to get here in a straight-shot, but don't even wanna think bout the course I just took. Hope Razzle got a holo of that. Slowed down a bit, okay maybe a lot, it oughta be hilarious to watch.

Climbs onto his snub a bit unsteadily, and stows the gear as carefully as is reasonable given the desperate haste of the moment, his head finally clear as he straps on the flak vest, gloves, helmet, and ejection seat as quickly as he can without getting sloppy. Checking his board, he's thrilled to see it hot & ready to zing, plus a note from the Commander, which he files in a thigh pocket. Will have to thank him if we both survive this.



"Transport Pachyderm to Blue squadron, when you're taking off, avoid using your main thrusters. We don't want to cook ourselves in here. Thinks sarcastically Roger that, Captain Blatantly Obvious.


Wynn? That you with the tech in the Y to our port? You're Blue Leader now that Alkin went with the rest to the ground RP. Zeelas is Blue Two, and that kid in the other Y is Blue Three. Glances over and a chunk of deep space settles in his stomach as he sees a rather unhappy-looking Kelvin in the front seat.


"Zeelas, Two. Lead here." In the cockpit, in an emergency, she was all business. "You copy that from the Derm? Keep those squints & dupes occupied for a few. Radegant, you're Blue 3, you know. You're my wing--stay with me & the transport."
Lead, Two. Everything go, thank the CO.


"Two, Three and I will see Derm off, then rejoin you to get out."
Barely suppressed laughter bleeds though his voice as he watches Tobler sprint for Kelvin's snub arms, ears, and legs flailing, and probably screaming at the top of his voice too. "Roger, Lone Teopari standing by. Seems CorSec's hailing a KelvinCab."

Then his voice drops to a somber tone "Keep an eye on my SemiCousin, he's sharp but don't fly all that well yet."

Ris
6 March 2005, 01:14 PM
Wynn watched Vooko get into his beloved Neckbreaker. He seemed to steady quickly, to her relief. He'd looked so disoriented she'd wondered if he would be able to fly.


"Roger, Lone Teopari standing by. Seems CorSec's hailing a KelvinCab."
The merriment in Vooko's tone, evident even through the comm distortion, brightens her heart for just a moment. She gazes at the Gungan agent's wild run for Kelvin's Y.
"Copy Two--and I think your assesment of the sitch is on target,"she grins. But the lieutenant is relieved to see Tobler make it. She hopes no one alive is trapped here when the Stormtroopers go through the Base, to likely meet the same fate as her father and his crew and troopers. The somber thought is matched by the tone of Vooko Zeelas' next communication.


"Keep an eye on my SemiCousin, he's sharp but don't fly all that well yet."
"My word on it, Two, I will do my very best--which is very, very good. As if he's my own semi-coz." She forces a bit of lightness into her tone. "I hope he doesn't get space-sick as easily as my bro. He can't handle the recreational simulators--I swear he turns green-white if he sees a starfighter." May the Force be with you!"

Jemma
7 March 2005, 11:29 AM
Tia settles into the seat behind Wynn and starts buckling herself in as the pilot breezes through her pre-flight checklist without really checking it. I wonder if I should tell Wynn that I have never flown in a fighter before and that I have zero piloting skills. Nah, what good would it do anyway? I know how the thing works ... at least how the manual says it should work. How hard can be to fire the guns? Hmmmm ... guess I'll find out.

"All set Lieutenant, point us at them and I'll pull the trigger."

There, that sounded confident. She didn't trust herself to say too much more, it was hard enough to keep the fear out of her voice for just that short sentence. She wasn't a pilot she was a technician, when they break it, which they almost always do, I fix it. Now I get to participate in the breaking part too. I guess that's life in the Rebel alliance.

"As soon as Razzle finishes the calculations I'll program the computer for the jump to hyperspace and Wynn .... good luck," she says, her voice cracking only slightly. Pressing her back into the seat and tightening her belts one more time, Tia prepares to take off.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 March 2005, 03:22 PM
The sting in the knee really smarted, Kelvin could've sworn there were more than just two funnybones in his body. Now kneeling on the slanted body of the fighter, wincing when shifting weight onto the one leg, as he bent over to pack the gear behind the second seat. He almost forgot about the 4 pistols he packed, and tossed them in there. He wished he had his belongings to stowe in there, Big enough room to likely fit a kid in here Glancing to the rear of the fighter, Yep, there was a droid in there. Probably a good thing Kelvin mused, him and droids were touch and go. He could never figure out why. Kelvin looked around briefly from this vantage point and saw Tobler had made it over to an X-wing. I've Tobler's alive, maybe the rest are ok after all. The heavy dark smoke in the air, the patches of flames and heat distortion waves made it hard to see if anyone else was ocupying the few remaining fighters.

He scooted down into the front seat, asuming it was the pilot's seat, the other being a passenger seat most likely. Buckling in, he glanced at the control board infront of him. Buttons, toggles, switches, dials, gauges, and one large display screen with a half dozen array of unlabled buttons to each side. Some more obvious than not. Kelvin looked for the most familair ones, basic controls, power up switch. Sheilds Kelvin found easily - a oval gauge with two arcs front and back around an Y-wing outline, a push button and a toggle right beside it.

The helmet was still on the dashboard, and Kelvin gripped the flightstick, waggling it around a bit for feel. His left hand found a short hand-sized horizontal lever bar with shaped handgrip side of the cockpit where the arm-rests would have been on a speeder, a push-pull lever beside it, and there were two foot pedals. This certainly was no land-speeder or bike

Automatically the canopy began to lower before Kelvin did anything else, and the engines starting to power up, a dull rhythmic thrumming, while dashboard lights and readouts came to life. "Uh, Hey! You back there, lemme know these things alright?" Kelvin spoke outloud, in no particular direction, though he meant it at the droid in the back. A flat warbly 'blaaaat' sounded within the cockpit. Well, so much for first impressions on this flight. On the brightside, the air is cleaner in here...

"Ok boy, lets get rollin outa here on repulsors before the whole place goes up like a bonfire doused with homebrew!" As the Y-wing was powered up now, a distinct whine of mechanical motors whirred and what Kelvin guessed was the landing gear. The craft was litteraly floating on a cushion of air, the slight and subtle bob & weave confirmed it.

Another large explosion lit the hangerbay in a split second, more bright than anything else - like a flash. It left Kelvin blinking the stars away. The force of it rocked the Y-wing, like a flotation raft on rough water as Kelvin tried to grab hold of the flightstick, randomly pressing the foot pedals while being bounced in his seat. The Astromech was bleeping, warbling and screeching loudly the whole time. With both hands, Kelvin finally caught it, and brought it back to roughly centeral position which steadied the craft's bobing, but he was drifting kinda sideways backwards. "Whoa boy whow! Easy there!" Kelvin was shouting helplessly, as he would to calm a panicking ronto bucking it's front hooves into the air. Slamming one pedal briefly, begun veering his nose around to the other way, then slamming the other pedal brought him back straight but didn't stop turning... It took Kelvin a few more seconds to realize how to stabalize the front end swaying side to side, but he was still drifting backwards at walking pace. Kelvin pushed down on the flightstick, effectively dropping his nose down steeply with a slight bounce. Pulling the stick back, lifted him and the nose upwards, and rolled the helmet into his lap, "Aww frakin no... not this again..." Kelvin sighed as he gently pushed the stick to aprox central position with a re-afirmed bounce.

This time, Kelvin experimented with the pedals - just a tiny bit of equal pressure on both. Voila! The backwards drift stopped, and kinda inched the craft forwards a bit. "Atta boy! I think we got'er now!" Testingly, Kelvin tapped both pedals again, and almost instantly the craft inched forward again, as the astromech hooted what sounded like a sigh of relief...

The astromech bleeped at him, then again rapidly several times. Kelvin Looked around and saw Tobler running towards the Y-wing, waving his hands and shouting something inaudible. Landing gear and ladder retracted, Kelvin wondered how was Tobler gonna climb in, then he got a brainy idea - asuming it worked... "Hey you, open this lid will ya?" Kelvin asked, and the droid blaated something of a response "We gotta pick him up!" the droid hooted something and the canopy began to rise, and the pungent burnt air swooshed in, making Kelvin cough for a moment...

Gently, Kelvin pushed the stick forward, bit by bit, with slight bounce, dipping the nose of the Y-wing downwards, until Kelvin guessed the gun-tips were probably inches away from the ground. "Atta boy! kneel boy kneel! Ok, little bit to the right now- Hold it-- Hold it!" Kelvin shouted as the Y-wing was a bit wobbly yet, dipping slightly side to side... Looking towards Tobler, shouted "Tobler! Need a ride?!? Hurry Up! I got this Ronto by the reigns but it's a real fiesty one! Dunno how long I can keepit like this!"

Gyp Ryol
8 March 2005, 05:56 AM
Tobler mutters something about the curse of the gods under his breath as he runs to the sloping Y-Wing. More patches of fire and fuel are sidestepped, and he narrowly avoids getting his foot slashed open by a sharp piece of rubble. He nears the fighter, feet slipping slightly from the slick fuel on them.

The Gungan comes right next to the Y-Wing, and grabs the lip of the cockpit. He hops a little to give him some leverage, and he clambers into the cockpit, sitting in the back seat. "Okeeday! Go!" he shouts, gripping the shin he banged on the way into the fighter.

coldskier0320
8 March 2005, 08:14 AM
Finally, Tobler makes his way to Kelvin's Y-wing, miraculously unharmed, save a few scrapes and bruises. Cramming himself down into the gunner's seat, he familiarizes himself with the controls.

Hey, what's this?, Kelvin thinks to himself as his fire-control station lights up. This Y-wing had indeed been some tech's hard work in action. The proton torpedo launchers were now seated in a swivel housing that allowed them to be swung from front to back. While originally designed to make bombing runs simple (to eliminate the need for the dangerous diving maneuvers), Kelvin realizes that this will help him cover his aft side easily. He also checks the missile bays, and sees that each bay is holding three missiles. Not nearly perfect, but at this point, any extra help was to be greatly appreciated. After a little more arguing with the Y's flight control systems, Kelvin has the small craft pointed more or less out the docking bay and at a mercifully even keel. Tapping the foot pedals again, the Y start drifting for the opening at a slightly faster than walking pace. As flaming wreckage rains down from the ceiling of the bay, Kelvin guides his craft for the relative calm of the outside world.

Vooko's A-wing prototype is ready to roll as well, with a green board all around. The only slight disadvantage he could see in the fighter was that his port hardpoint held virtually useless diagnostic equipment. The base's techs had hooked the computers up to the ship to get a better idea of the performance specs. Vooko didn't suppose Alkan really had the time though, to change a fighter ordnance loadout before he'd been forced to leave. The starboard pod, however, more than made up for the port pod's disappointment. Fastened to his right wing was the experimental countermeasures package the techs had been working on. a single long, thin missile tube hung on the rack, as well as a small targetting laser. Ideally, the laser would be fired at an enemy craft. It would report information on the craft's shield wavelength back to the unit's onboard computer, which would calibrate the single missile to exactly the opposite wavelength. Then, the operator would fire the missile. If it stuck, it could, in theory, ionize an entire capital ship for several seconds, wiping out its shields, life-support, gravity...everything. It was, however, still in its testing stages. Also rising above the docking bay floor, Vooko's A-wing was ready for action.

Eventually, the Pachyderm ponderously cranks up its repulsors and ventures out of the docking bay. A few meters out, and they fire a maneuvering jet. While they are far enough away to use the jet, they still refrain from the main thrusters. Apparently unnoticed by the TIEs, the Derm begins its long journey out of Eden's gravity well. Moments later, Wynn and Tia, followed closely by Kelvin and Tobler, cruise out of the bay. The scene outside looks almost pastoral compared to the diabolic confines of the docking bay. The morning sky is clear, with only a few wispy clouds against the greenish-blue tinge in the dawn sky against the sun. The slightly translucent sky actually enables you to see the orbiting Star Destroyer, which looks like a tiny star or asteroid, high above. Within moments, the red warning flashers on your board go out, indicating that there are no dangerous fuel vapors in the vicinity and its safe to turn on your sublight thrusters.

Looking back toward the towering mesa in which the base resides, you see that large chunks have been totally blown away by the turbolasers and subsequent bombings. Even now, you feel the shockwave of another seismis charge go through your body and a small lanslide ensues on the side of the cliff where the ground access tunnel exits. On this side, you can see a small line of black specks, evacuees from the base.

Now, the two fighters attract the attention of the TIE fighter escort, and the four tiny craft veer off of a strafing run to confront the new threat to their mission. All four hang back for a moment before firing their engines and coming straight at Kelvin and Wynn...

Ris
8 March 2005, 01:15 PM
"All set Lieutenant, point us at them and I'll pull the trigger."
"You'll handle the linked ion cannon, Chief. Fastest way to dispatch the TIE's. Works just like the manual says," Wynn told her new gunner. "Razzle, priority to targeting for her, then missile locks. And query 3's astromech--make sure it gives him a tutorial--he really needs it." Wynn choked with dismay and laughter at the info Razzle displayed. "Three, Lead--put the helmet on! Your gunner too, uh, if it'll fit! Now follow me--and have the droid do as much of the piloting as possible. You're a hunter, I know you can target weapons."


"As soon as Razzle finishes the calculations I'll program the computer for the jump to hyperspace and Wynn .... good luck."
"Right, Chief--but we won't make the jump until Derm is gone & we've rejoined 2 & 3. Our first priority is protecting that transport..and good luck to you." Wynn hopes Tia can hear the encouragement in her tone over the distortion through the helmets, as she follows the transport out. So far, so good. Kelvin's following like he should. The pilot notes the evacuee, and starts to comm Vooko to protect them, but changes her mind. Vooko isn't someone who needs to be told twice. Razzle whistles a warning even as Wynn notes the Interceptors veering for her and Three.
"Bring those cannon to bear, Chief! We're going for the wingpair designated A & B."
She comms Kelvin and Tobler, "Three, Lead--go for the pair C & D--your droid's getting the designations from Razzle."
Even as she talked to her totally novice "flight," Wynn Antilles was already focusing on her targets. The familiar sensations of the snub being part of her and nothing beyond her ship and the TIE's gently engulfed her.

Vanger Chevane
8 March 2005, 04:08 PM
"I hope he doesn't get space-sick as easily as my bro. He can't handle the recreational simulators--I swear he turns green-white if he sees a starfighter.

"May the Force be with you!"
Bites back a sarcastic We are The Force.

"He doesn't, we spent bout as much time or more aboard ship as dirtdown. He just never learned how to handle one. Swoops or speeders we're bout evenly matched."

Wtaches Kelvin reel the Y about almost drunkenly. Swore the Repulsorlifts weren't that much different than speeders.

Lifts his own up, and noticing the slight wobble as he slides it smoothly over toward Three checks his hardpoints, then the inboard diagnostics. probly gonna drag a bit to the left "Boss, two. Check with your gunner bout a one-shot Heavy Ion Rocket of some sort. Looks like we've been dealt the Idiot, if we can play it right. Somebody got numbers for me?" Hope I can eject the portside gear at some point or I'm gonna have a good wobble to contend with.

Smoothly sliding and turning nose-to-nose a few meters from Three as soon as Tobler scrambles in & Kelvin looks up, taps his helmeted ear a few times to give them a hint.

"Boss, might help to synch your sensors with mine. I can see more & go farther, triangulating the streams will give you more reliable aimpoints. Just need a channel to cast sensor & position data on."


You're a hunter, I know you can target weapons
Chuckles at the memory of the two of them manning The Monster's guns. Sliding his ship father to the side and turning it's nose toward the blast door, some of it's mechanisms as well as the Chance's sparking or smoking occasionally, "I know a wannabe pirate or two who can't disagree with that. I'll lay back follow you out to pick up any pursuit you draw."

As the transport & Y's launch, slide his snub's nose up to the edge, half his attention on the door looming overhead the other on his sensors. As the TIE's loop in on Derm, he pushes his ship out the hatch, lets it drop below the Fuel Fumes, then slides the throttle stick forward quickly, arrowing away at an angle to where it appears he's making a break using the others as a diversion, but will still leave him more than able to intercept the Eyeballs with only a quick turn.

Ris
8 March 2005, 07:48 PM
"He doesn't, we spent bout as much time or more aboard ship as dirtside. He just never learned how to handle one. Swoops or speeders we're bout evenly matched."
"Trevor's ok in anything but snubs!" Wynn laughed.

"Boss, two. Check with your gunner bout a one-shot Heavy Ion Rocket of some sort. Looks like we've been dealt the Idiot, if we can play it right. Somebody got numbers for me?"
"Copy, Two." She asked Tia, "Chief do you have the specs for that thing in your datapad? Plug it in so it can be encrypted & sent to the man."If A's had droids, he wouldn't have to ask... While she talked, Razzle pulled up the jump coordinates on her screen, anticipating her. "We have the coordinates--we'll transmit all the data."


"Boss, might help to synch your sensors with mine. I can see more & go farther, triangulating the streams will give you more reliable aimpoints. Just need a channel to cast sensor & position data on."
"The one you pulled out of thin air earlier," Wynn told her sometime wingman.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 March 2005, 01:31 AM
Kelvin was fairly glad to be out of the hanger, specially when he glimpsed towards groundside and dipped the Y's right wing a little too much, tipping them onto their sides breifly until Kelvin corrected...

He did his best to stay behind the Y-wing ahead of him - though it wasn't the smoothest flight. He kept on the craft's tail, as he kept on waggling the stick slightly throughout. The astromech's instructions were somewhat helpful, as the screen had blinked on all by itself. It was scrolling more info now.

"Tobler, you gettin this back there?!?"


"Three, Lead--put the helmet on! Your gunner too, uh, if it'll fit! Now follow me--and have the droid do as much of the piloting as possible. You're a hunter, I know you can target weapons."

There was a bit of chatter Kelvin could hear but not make out from the helmet, but Kelvin's hands were kinda tied. It wasn't until the screen displayed in large lettering:
PUT YOUR HELMET ON

"Hey Tobler, guess we should put our helmets on eh?" Kelvin did his best to hold the stick in place between his legs while he used his both hands to put the helmet on. The Y-wing dipped side to side slightly until he had his hands on the stick again..
A female voice came through the helmet, was it Wynn's voice? It had to be! He heard her mention Razzle, her droid a few times before. And that had to mean Tia was there too!

"Three? who's three? We're the Wild Ronto Express followin- errr... nevermind, guess we are three." Kelvin corrected mid-speach as the viewscreen updated again, Kelvin wished the astromech would be a little faster with the info... "So if we're three, then who's tail have we been chasin all the way up here?" Kelvin paused as the screen updated again, then switched to another mode, "Uhh, never mind that either, the droid just told me. Umm, pair C & D? C cup's fine but where'd ya get D-? Scratch that, display here says Ties. Thanks droid for only pointing that out now... Uhh yeah, we can handle C & D right Tobler?"

[quote]"Boss, might help to synch your sensors with mine. I can see more & go farther, triangulating the streams will give you more reliable aimpoints. Just need a channel to cast sensor & position data on."

"Vook, that you? whoo! you made it!"

Kelvin opens the throttle a bit more, to pull up beside (but not that close) to the lead Y-wing - Wynn's craft. Soon as he's about side to side, he looks over to them, waves, until he realizes he's dipping the craft's wing sideways again, then awkwardly tries to correct and balance out again and overcompensates- barrel rolling to the opposite side away before righting itself, teetering the balance side to side, as well as diving then climbing slightly to level again as the nose & wings of the craft bobed and dipped minutely, looking more like skimming over the waves than flying a straight and steady line through the sky. "Whoa nelly! I wasn't kidding about the Wild Ronto buisiness! This things' wanna rodeo more than fly!" Kelvin pulled them back closer along side again, and gave the thumbs up sign.

"Got sheilds on now, uhh, think ya can manage the weapons Tobler? I dunno who fires what with these triggers but I guess we can try an find out can't we?"

Jemma
9 March 2005, 06:47 AM
Tia's mind worked fast as she scanned the control panels in front of her and the image of the diagram in the manual appeared in her head complete with labels. She was extremely bright and by the time the ship started its ascent toward the crystal blue sky she knew exactly where all of the gunner controls were and how to read the targeting computer.

In the back of her mind it registered that Kelvin had made it out of the base alive and was piloting another Y-wing somewhere out there but she really didn't have time to process it properly. When Wynn asked her about the specs on the Heavy Ion Rocket she was barely listening as she concentrated on lining up the Tie Fighter in front of her guns. After a moment or two it registered in her head.

Snapping out of her reverie she answers the two pilots, "Heavy Ion Rocket? That thing is extremely experimental. I don't think it has even been tested on a live target."

Pulling up the data on her data pad her eyes move back and forth across the screen as the data scrolls by, "Frell, that thing is as likely to blowup the ship that fires it as it is to actually work as planned. It hasn't been tested on a live target yet and in two tests it looks like it detonated too close the firing ship and knocked its equipment offline. It looks like they put a proximity sensor in it to eleviate that problem but that means it won't detonate if your fighter is too close to your target. I'll send over the specs but you might want to save that baby as a last resort."

Working feverishly, Tia plugs her datapad into the port on her control panel and begins transmitting the data over an encrypted channel. "There you go Number 2."

As the data transmission ends Tia looks up from the console and sucks in her breath, seeing the Tie Fighters closing on them fast. Reaching up she squeezes the trigger on her gunner's yoke in panic sending out a long stream of ionized energy into space. The shots miss their mark by a long shot as the Tie Fighters are not even in range of her Ion Cannons yet. "Sorry," she says when she realizes her novice mistake.

Steeling her nerves she refocuses her concentration on the task at hand, shooting down those Tie Fighters. Suddenly, another ship flashes to her right. Turning her head sharply she realizes it's another Y-wing and she can barely see Kelvin in the other cockpit.

What the frell is he doing. Is he waving? Judging by the way that fighter is boucing around, either the stabilizers are seriously out of alignment or he has no frellin' idea how to fly that thing.

With a feigned smile on her face she waves weakly back as her stomach tightens up in little knots. We're not out of this yet, she thinks to herself, he is as likely to get himself ionized as he is to survive this, the big dumb nerf herder. The next time I see him I'm going to knock some sense into him. The scream of the approaching Tie Fighters brings her back to the moment. As they come into range she again opens fire with the Y's Ion Cannons.

Vanger Chevane
9 March 2005, 03:10 PM
"Heavy Ion Rocket? That thing is extremely experimental. I don't think it has even been tested on a live target."
With that, what the launch tube reminded him of finally coalesces: several lubricant canisters welded end-to-end. Wouldn't be terribly surprised if there were lot numbers still painted on the underside.


"Frell, that thing is as likely to blowup the ship that fires it as it is to actually work as planned. It hasn't been tested on a live target yet and in two tests it looks like it detonated too close the firing ship and knocked its equipment offline. It looks like they put a proximity sensor in it to eleviate that problem but that means it won't detonate if your fighter is too close to your target. I'll send over the specs but you might want to save that baby as a last resort."
"Agreed, but it may come in handy." And the Bubble Boys will see an A sporting a huge cannon. Could gain me a lot of unwanted attention.

Once I unload that thing, balance shifts left till I dump the snoops. Night have an edge firing & turning Port...long as I don't oversteer.


"There you go Number 2."
Hears the sound indicating receipt & approval from the navicomp. "Got em and they check out, thanks."


"The one you pulled out of thin air earlier," Wynn told her sometime wingman.
Only takes a second to feed the freq into the Comm/Sensor integrator & set the feed specs, as recon's one of the main desing profiles. "Negotiating with Razzle on five-one-five-point-two-two, it can specify encryption. Three not get the invitation?"

Once the Bones form up, between keeping an eye & intercept plan of the Eyeballs, and going for missile locks of the Dupes, he hears

"Vook, that you? whoo! you made it!"
"Yer surprised? Have your droid interpret sensor data coming in on 515.22 and package it for Tobler. Should give you better aimpoints.

Keep yer paws on the controls and don't get fancy! Unlike the arcade sims when we were kids, Game Over is very permanent out here, and you only get one chance."

Ris
10 March 2005, 05:18 PM
The shots miss their mark by a long shot as the Tie Fighters are not even in range of her Ion Cannons yet. "Sorry," [Tia] says when she realizes her novice mistake.
"Just a practice shot," Wynn told her, "You're doing fine, girlfriend." It would have hit, Wynn was pretty certain, if the TIE had been in range.


Umm, pair C & D? C cup's fine but where'd ya get D-? Scratch that, display here says Ties.
Wynn splutters with mixed indignation & amusement. Gotta have Vooko teach him proper comm protocol ASAP. Says the lt. who speculates on the looks of transport pilots over general frequencies.

She listens to Vooko & Tia discuss the ion rocket. "Lead here," she speaks over the encrypted channel. "If it'll detonate under those circumstances, it sounds like it'd be nice to fire at one of those TIE's when several are snuggled together."

Kelvin's antics in the other Y in such proximity to their snub cause R2Z1e, Razzle, to screech, bleep, and shrilly whistle--while Wynn makes a bit more distance between the 2, grimacing at the Y's relative lack of responsiveness. "My sentiments 'zactly, Razz!" She comms Kelvin, "Three, Lead! 'You're my wing' doesn't mean 'Land on me,' you know!"


"Whoa nelly! I wasn't kidding about the Wild Ronto buisiness! This things' wanna rodeo more than fly!"
"Three, Lead. Take a chill pill! Orders!" She was so tempted to appeal to Vooko Zeelas to deal with his semi-cousin, but it was her job. Her R2 tweetled a decidely derisive arpeggio. "That better be about Kelvin's flying & not mine--or I will have you painted purple--all over," Wynn told the droid, in an affectionate tone.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 March 2005, 11:59 PM
"Yer surprised? Have your droid interpret sensor data coming in on 515.22 and package it for Tobler. Should give you better aimpoints.

Keep yer paws on the controls and don't get fancy! Unlike the arcade sims when we were kids, Game Over is very permanent out here, and you only get one chance."

"Sure thing Vook! Soon as I figure which button does that- second thought, Tobler, can ya lock in that channel from yer seat? Hey Vook, I really wish this were an arcade sim, least I'd know what i'd be doin with one stick and all of 3 buttons!"


"Three, Lead! 'You're my wing' doesn't mean 'Land on me,' you know!"

"Three, Lead. Take a chill pill! Orders!"

"Sorry Wynn, Tia! I accidentally keep hitting the foot pedals thinking thats the accel and brakes like on speeders! Or keep pullin the stick to the side when I wanna turn, well I did turn, just not the way i wanted!" Kelvin replies over the comlink, "I think I got her under control now! The Y-wing I mean. This thing's too responsive! I just ain't used to flyin this thing!"

"Hey, uhh, i'm see'in two thingies here on the screen, C & D, thats the ones I point towards right?"

Kelvin slowly, experimentally, angles the Y-Wing towards the blips pointing on the screen, still dipping and teetering with over/under correction, clearly not used to which controls do what...

Ris
13 March 2005, 04:00 AM
"I think I got her under control now! The Y-wing I mean. This thing's too responsive! I just ain't used to flyin this thing!"

Wynn, trying to get a target-lock for her lasers, laughed at Kelvin's description of the Y-wing. "Razzle, record that! Historically significant! I don't think anyone's ever called a wishbone 'responsive' before. Lumbering, slow--even workhorse & tough. Can't imiagine how he'd react to an X?"

Like Lord Trevor.
Multiplied.

Wynn didn't agree. Her brother knew the controls. Trevor just couldn't handle the maneuver effects, even mostly dampened by the inertial compensator.
Finally, a lock!

(OOC: this is with Enhance ability Dex, Cold. Are you doing the rolls?)

coldskier0320
14 March 2005, 09:48 AM
Before Anyone has a chance to react, the TIE designated 'B' by Razzle screams in on the leading edge of an attack, as the four enemy fighters split into two ship elements. Conveniently enough, they split according to the pairings given them by the droid, with A following B in on Wynn and Tia's forward shield banks. Dipping low, the TIE, obviously piloted by an experienced snub jock, jinks up at the last second, taking full advantage of his agile fighters capability. Flashing in front of Wynn and Tia, he unloads a hail of blasterfire on your forward shield arc. Glancing at your board, you see the shield indicators dip from green to deep in the yellow-orange section. It seems this TIE was used to dealing with Ys, and knew how to hit them.

((OOC: Blue Leader: SP/HP 18/120))

After being jolted around from B's ferocious attack, Wynn get the reading she'd been hoping for, a target lock on TIE A. Without hesitation, she hears the deep bark of the ion turret overhead as Tia lets loose a sustained burst from the weapon. The gunnery technique was used by many successful gunners and serves Tia well, despite her lack of experience.

Wether due to Tia's inaccuracy or her subconscious leading of the TIE, she lays out a series of sleeper rounds out ahead of the nimble fighter. Unfortunately for TIE B, his wingman's flight path takes him right through the worst of Tia's attack. The gray ship is wreathed in crackling static charges for a moment before the engines die. Normally, the TIE would hang dead in space, however, in a gravitational field, the fighter had all the gliding capabilities of a bantha. The fried TIE plummets toward the ocean below, doomed by gravity.

Then, suddenly, Razzle puts another readout on the screen:


>Shield Restoration: Success

Rechecking the shield panel, you see he was indeed successful, wildly so. In devoting his attention fully to recharging the Y's layers of defensive energy, the meter is now solidly in the green. Keeping the craft very safe...for the time being.

((OOC: Used two move actions to recharge shields, perfect 20 on second attempt, so I applied a GM bonus. Blue Leader: 46/120))

As if trying to one-up the Rebel scum, the other pair of TIEs soar in front of the Pachyderm, going after easier prey. Each ship half loops up behind the transport, settling calmly into a kill position and matching speeds with the lumbering transport...within moments they'll tear the shi to shreds...

Gyp Ryol
14 March 2005, 12:11 PM
Tobler, having barely managed to get the ill-shapen helmet over his head, looks on in fright at the skirmish raging outside his cockpit. He sees a TIE make an attack against Wynn's Y-Wing, wincing at the hits the enemy was scoring. His heart lifts when he sees the ion cannons on the Y-wing take out the wingman.

As he watches the enemy fighter plummet to the ground, Tobler feels something stir within him: the echoes of his Gungan warrior spirit, suppressed his whole life by the city culture he grew up in. Tobler feels more relaxed, more prepared to face the enemy. He rests his hands on the gunner controls, feeling the ship's vibrations rattle the plasteel grips.

The Gungan notes the two TIE's settling behind the transport. "Kelvin! Lookee to the transport!" Tobler targets the TIE closest to him, labeled as D, and lines up the shot. Squinting one eye and holding his tongue in his teeth, Tobler squeezes the trigger.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 March 2005, 12:38 PM
"Razzle, record that! Historically significant! I don't think anyone's ever called a wishbone 'responsive' before. Lumbering, slow--even workhorse & tough. Can't imiagine how he'd react to an X?"

"Har har Wynn! I dunno what your Y-wing is like, but this horse is anything but subtle!" Kelvin replied in jest. "Hey Tia, you know anything about this wild pony that we don't?"

(OOC: dunno if the above Kelvin heard or not, i asumed it was over open comms, can be edited out if otherwise ;) )

See'ing Wynn's Y-wing take a hit, "Whoa, you guys-err ladies alright?"


"Kelvin! Lookee to the transport!"

"Gotcha Tobler! We'll go after'em!" Kelvin replies instantly, then speaking into the comlink again, "Pachyderm, Kelv & Tobe here. We spot 2 bandits on yer tail, we'll try to help out!"

Kelvin brings the Y-wing about, and toward the Ties targeting the transport, shakily albiet with a bit of over&under correction. With hs left hand, he pushes forward the throttle lever, the engines momentarily become a near whisper before Kelvin realizes the mistake and pulls the lever all the way back, the engines from a whisper to a loud low-pitched whine...

Vanger Chevane
14 March 2005, 02:28 PM
As the Eyeballs break, Vooko jukes up-right, giving him an altitude advantage on his foes. With the initial assault on One he thinks That one needs to die quick, before he has a chance to get any of us.

Seeing the second wingpair gunning for the transport, and Three breaking to engage, wonders if Tobler's linked in his sensor package so that the height and distance he now has will help counter the TIE's maneuverability, allowing a Missile Lock they can use while closing to Gun Range with A hoping all the while that switching weapons over to guns will not foul Three's aim.

Ris
14 March 2005, 04:20 PM
Flashing in front of Wynn and Tia, he unloads a hail of blasterfire on your forward shield arc. Glancing at your board, you see the shield indicators dip from green to deep in the yellow-orange section.
Wynn had momentarily forgotten she wasn't in her X--but the swift, savage attack reminded her. No telling how many Y's the ace in A had pulled that on--but Wynn intended the assault on her snub to be the last one. Even with shields drained so badly, she didn't doubt she could do that.


...she hears the deep bark of the ion turret overhead as Tia lets loose a sustained burst from the weapon. The gunnery technique was used by many successful gunners and serves Tia well, despite her lack of experience.
"We'll paint a TIE on your fave hydrospanner, Tia!" Lead crows.
Razzle's praise is more practical.
Target B Gone. Repeat For Each Target. Just That Way.


Then, suddenly, Razzle puts another readout on the screen: >Shield Restoration: Success
"Sweet! You're the best, Razzie!"

Wynn turned her bone, seemingly sensing the exact amount of pressure that would send it after the A TIE, and watching for the target-lock for the lasers. HUD to eyes to hands to snub--just as she always did. Wynn was as centered in starfighter combat as her mother was unarmed. Even as the lock was made, she fired, exulting.

OOC: Cold--you did note I was using Enhance Ability?

Jemma
15 March 2005, 05:26 AM
Tia smiles when Wynn suggests painting a Tie icon on her favorite hydrospanner. "Thanks," she says quietly, her palms sweaty as she pries her hand from the gunner's yoke and flexes her fingers. She wasn't used to being in the middle of the action like this. Sure, she was trained to defend herself with a blaster pistol but this was nothing like that, this was intense and she could feel her back ache from the tension.

Trying to relax she goes through the screens showing the current condition of the Y-wings shields and any damage they may have sustained. Noting that the little droid quickly rerouted power to the shields and they were back in the green she think to herself, that little droid deserves a good cleaning and checkup if we survive this.

coldskier0320
16 March 2005, 05:46 AM
((OOC: Yes, I got the Enhance Ability. Update Friday. Sorry about the slowness, but my comp, it turns out, was not reapired. :())

coldskier0320
17 March 2005, 08:04 AM
The flight leader again swoops down on Wynn's Y-wing, taking full advantage of his greater speed and maneuverability. This time, however, rather than the sudden burst of fire, the pilot spray blasts from his laser cannons all over your piece of sky. While it's certainly a less professional attack, it's just as effective as the last one, and you see the meter on your shields plunge to a deep orange color once again.

((OOC: Blue leader: 14/150))

Wynn then pulls hard on the stick and heads after the TIE that just ruined all of Razzle's hard work. If not for Razzle, we'd be in really bad shape right now, Wynn thinks to herself, throwing the bone into a wide barrel roll that puts her more or less behind TIE B. Getting a target lock from Razzle, Wynn calmly settles into the kill position and waits for the TIE to center itself in her HUD. When it finally crosses her point of aim, she wastes no time in punching the laser cannons. Her skill with a starfighter, it seems, remains uncontested, as her blasts race toward the TIE, the pilot attempts a last second maneuver, but far too late. Lasers hit all over the imperial craft, blowing apart a wing pylon, cooking the engines and finally touching off the main power stack. As the TIE explodes, the fuel cells ignite, causing a huge secondary explosion. Soaring through the flaming bits of debris, Wynn breathes a huge sigh of temporary relief, then glances down at her monitor, where Razzle has left a message:

>Shield Restoration: Failed
>Burnout creepage from forward shield banks preventing reenergization of energy shielding.
>Attempting to correct.
>Updated aim points for C and D.

In the Neckbreaker, Vooko pulls his stick to a corner, sending his prototype craft racing up toward TIE B. Before he can get there, however, he sees his target blasted to pieces by an excellent shot from Wynn. Thus, he redirects his attention to the two remaining TIEs, tailing the Pachyderm. As he approaches, one of the TIEs, designated D spots him and loops up and away from his pursuit vector to intercept. As he approaches, Vooko lets loose a blast from his cannons. Unfortunately, it seems this pilot has dealt with A-Wings before and knows of their deadly speed. Evading almost before Vooko pulled the trigger, the blasts tear through the space the D used to occupy seconds before. To make matters worse, D has used the A's speed against it, letting Vooko come to him rather than enacting a futile chase he'd be doomed to lose. Now almost directly overhead, the TIE power dives at Vooko, spraying laser fire at him. Luckily, the pilot of the TIE seems to have misjudged the A's amazing speed, and the yellow-green blasts trace Vooko's path, far behind.

Once his wingmate left to chase the A-wing, TIE C stayed right on the Pachyderm's tail. Lining up a high-precision shot, he attempts to take out the transport's engines. Fortunately, the Derm's shields hold, and the TIE is rewarded only by a bluish flickering of the transports aft deflectors. The Derm, for it's part, simply continues on, racing for the relative horizon, an imaginary point that, if reached, will have put the bulk of Eden between the Pachyderm and the Star Destroyer up in orbit.

((OOC: Pachyderm 52/200))

Seeing the imminent danger that the Pachyderm is in, Kelvin attempts to bring his Y-wing down into an intercept vector that would give him a clean shot at the TIE's boxy solar array wing. Unfortunately, he misjudges terribly, and the fighter begins to wobble and sway out of control. Yanking hard to bring the ship back on course, or at least to stabilize it, only messes things up further, and the craft goes into a wild spin that makes both Kelvin and Tobler wish they'd passed on breakfast...all week. The entire planet seems to be jumping around in the viewport, and several fliht control lights on Kelvin's board blink angrily, demanding the fighter be put back on track. Kelvin, however, can't figure out exactly what to do, and for the moment, struggles merely not to be sick. He imagines a cockpit would be a rather poor location for one to lose one's lunch. Because of all this, the shot Tobler had been lining up flies far off course. Though he doesn't think it would have hit anyway, the shot ends up almost straight down, and sizzles down into Eden's deep blue ocean. Before you could make any shots, you'd need to have a stable fighter beneath you.

As the Y-wing continues its out of control spin, the artoo unit in the back eventually feeds the flight control computer an emergency override code that stops the spin like a rock, causing both occupants to bang their heads painfully off the transparisteel cockpit. After a few further moments, the little droid displays a message.

>Both lateral stabilizers shot.
>Starboard alluvial dampener dislodged
>Flight suggestion: Enable autopilot.
>I will guide you in safe-approach corridors to give you shots at enemy fighters, pulling out only in defense. You two need only worry about firing weapons.

With that, you both hear the R300s flare with a healthy-sounding husky roar that leads Kelvin to believe he'd missed something all along. Moments later, another message is displayed:

>Flight control recalibrated for autopilot.
>Just hit the switch to turn over flight control to me.

((OOC: Took some liberty in determining your actions, mechanics-wise. If there's any problems, let me know. Also, a few of you didnt relly post any sort of action (Tia, in particular). For your next post, you can include a little more than standard to account for your slight inactivity this round.:)))

Vanger Chevane
18 March 2005, 05:41 PM
As B explodes, satisfied that somebody got the Eyeball - which is really all that matters. "Good shot One, engaging D."

Growls in frustration as the TIE evades his intital attack & sets up for a counterstrike. Basic Attack, Basic Response. Understimated my speed, and there's a few more tricks he can't duplicate...

Glancing at his sensors, he sees Wynn angling for a shot at the Bubble Boy fully occupied with convincing his lasers to make that extra nudge & hit something other than air. Keep him busy so your wing has an easy shot, but don't get killed in the attempt.

On the left hand stick he nudges the now spring-loaded, center-returning toggle forward, compressing the flectors together. With the burst of yet-more-speed, angles below C as if attmepting to foul D's aim with his own wingman and Derm's hull.

Closing to point-blank range tugs the flectors to full-open and pulling the nose up sharply into a tail-stand using the wind resistance against the hull to cut his speed so dramatically C drops straight into his sights for a burst of Imp-B-Gone.

OOC: Had to pull The Cobra, the A-W's flat cross-section makes this work so well in atmosphere. :D

Ris
19 March 2005, 04:42 AM
As B explodes, satisfied that somebody got the Eyeball - which is really all that matters. "Good shot One, engaging D."
"Copy, Two," Wynn replies as Two and D breeze past her slower snub. She starts to add more--but glances at her status board. The snubjock swallows an unlady-like epithet learned--like many other fun things--from Guay Tel, the experienced pilot who'd been "stuck with a newborn baby gal" as wingman.
Just makes this more of a challenge--in a Y, ultra-inept wingman*, newb gunner, shields in red-orange...let's find out how much challenge I can handle!
"OK, Razz, help me with D!"
"Bleep-tra-la-blip-bleep?"
"You heard me--he's not after D," Wynn told the droid--although it had been a "mistake." But before Razzle had finished his query, Wynn felt strongly that Vooko was gunning for C & leaving his pursuer to her not-so-tender mercies. And Wynn's mother had always encouraged her and Trevor to "Believe your feelings. Far too many beings don't--& come to rue their unbelief."
Razzle had long since "learned" in the uncanny R2 fashion what Wynn meant by "you heard me" in that tone, and obliged. As she became even more settled into her Zone, the Y seemed to almost dance in their pursuit of D. Wynn's fingers waited at the fire button for her lasers once more.
even as her lock solidified, she saw Vooko's spectacular maneuver. Mmmm, he's wilier than Guay--what about outside the cockpit? Wynn awaits the resolution of both their shots...





*OOC to TJ: The flight eval is the opinion of the PC & certainly does not reflect Moi's opinion of you!;)

Jemma
21 March 2005, 09:15 AM
Tia begins to sweat when she reads the damge report from Razzle and realizes that the shields that are protecting her from certain anhiliation are not coming back like they did last time. Frantically pressing buttons and rewiring relays she attempts to dovert more power to the shields. Droids were good but they tended to lack creativity when it came to jury-rigging repairs. Doing everything in her power to bring the forward shields back online she doesn't realize right away that Wynn is continuing the fight and pursuing another of the Tie fighters.

As the lights on her tageting computer begin to flash she finishes her work on the shields and turns her attention back to the fight at hand. As Wynn lines up the Tie fighter Tia waits patiently for the indication that the Tie is locked in before squeezing the trigger on her gunnery yoke again, watching as the brilliant energy cascades toward her target.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
21 March 2005, 12:16 PM
"Frakkleberry muffins in a handbasket! We're still flyin!" Kelvin exclaims outloud with a whoop'n'holler to nobody particular, trying to get his bearings, from the roller-coaster ride... Kelvin reads and re-reads the display screen...

"Hey Tobe, you alright back there?"

"Hey Tia, what are lateral stabilizers and alluvial dampners for? one's shot and the other's dislodged... Is that a bad thing?!?" Kelvin asks over the comlink

Kelvin searches for the auto-pilot switch "Hey, you'd think they'd mark which switch is the autopilot on this thing? Well, hold on boy, here goes nothin!" Kelvin flips a switch, hoping its the right one... He was still kinda dizzy yet, and with a knockin his head around, Kelvin figured he'll be gratefull to get out of this contraption.

Jemma
22 March 2005, 11:39 AM
"Dammit Kelvin, quit screwing around, this is serious. The lateral stabilizers keep the fighter nose from pitching up and down. The alluvial dampners keep the fighter from skewing and spinning like you just did. And yes ... it's really bad! If you can't handle the ship then put it on auto-pilot and get the hell out of there of you big, stupid, nerf-herder," she screams at him, continuing her rant even as she sprays ionized energy at the Tie fighter in front of them.

Ris
22 March 2005, 04:36 PM
"...get the hell out of there of you big, stupid, nerf-herder,"
"Wow, Chief, you sound just like my cousin used to. If she called someone a nerfherder, you knew they'd really annoyed her."

coldskier0320
25 March 2005, 08:39 AM
Vooko's daring maneuver works perfectly, and the A literally stops for a moment in midair as its repulsors adjust to the odd position. This gives Vooko more than enough time to vape the TIE, leavingnothing but a slowly settling cloud of debris.

As all this was happening, Wynn was bearing down heavily on D, waiting for a good target lock, she realizes that now, at full combat speed, the Y's targetting computer is having trouble getting a good lock on the TIE. Eventually, the computer settles for a weak trajectory plot that, at very least, lets Wynn and Tia know where the TIE should be. Leading slightly, Wynn sends a splattering of laser fire ahead of the TIE. As he cruises through the blasts, the TIE gets banged around pretty good, but eventually manages to come out the other side, more of less in one piece.

((TIE D: -/22, bad damage rolls :())

As all this is going on, Tia works feverishly at the shield controls, attempting to restore some of the protective energy. Finally, the computer told her to wait a moment, at which point she looks back at the ion cannon controls. It seemed that after Wynn's barrage, the TIE slowed for a moment to get its bearings. Tia heard the triple low beep of the target lock, though she didnt know what it was till her targeting reticle locked onto the TIE. Slamming down the firing studs, she blasts at the TIE. The ion energy crackles all around the TIE, but, unlike the last one, it doesn't drop. Apparently, the repulsors were not among the systerms to get fried.

Now, the TIE rockets toward Blue leader, in an attempt to return some punishment. As it closes, both Wynn and Tia wince in anticipation. The TIE buzzes striaght over their fighter, but amazingly, fails to fire its lasers. Apparently, they were ionized by Tia's last blast. After all the excitment, Tia again looks down at her monitor:

>Shield Restoration: Success

You notice, however, that Razzle had fared better than you, ad the shield indicator only improves to a pale yellow color. ((22/150)).

Razzle then puts a message up on your screen:

>Shield Restoration: Success

He, however, fared about that same as you, and the shield indicator turns a sickly green. ((31/150)).

...the Derm, for its part, barrels on, nearly to the invisible line that marks its freedom...

Vanger Chevane
25 March 2005, 02:50 PM
As C explodes, a small chuckle escapes from Vooko. Gotcha! Now where's yer playmate?

Realeasing the flectors to Normal Op, tugs the stick back and rolls, snapping the fighter over just in time to catch the last Eyeball buzzing Wynn's Bone...futiley, then closes to cover his Wing and/or pursue the Eye.

"Boss, whadya wan do bout the Last Half & the Dupes?"

Ris
25 March 2005, 04:34 PM
Wynn was surprised by the reprieve but had no time to dwell on it. She was already turning to follow the Eyeball, ready for another lock. Sure, the lasers were fried, but Wynn had been taught to make sure of an opponent.

"Boss, whadya wan do bout the Last Half & the Dupes?"
I think I'd rather be "M'lady!"
"I'm finishing D. Is Ground out of the bombers' way? I need to know, stat!" The turn of phrase was more suited to a medic than a snubjock, & Wynn had picked it up from the Alderaanian royal surgeon, an honorary doting uncle. Wynn had no desire to stay around here longer than was needful--but they had to protect those on the ground. "Two, could you get all of them with that crazy ion-missile, or do we have to take them out with the regular ones? Tia, would it work that way?"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
27 March 2005, 12:55 PM
He flipped the switch, the droid warbled. Kelvin removes his hands from the stick ever so slightly, ready to grab it back if needed...But the craft remained stable... Having remembered to breath, he left out his breath... whew! I think we may actually make it now... Asuming the droid does more than fly in a straight line Ya never can tell with droids....

"Hey Tobe, I think she's switched over to auto-pilot. He/she/it, the craft i mean, the droid's actually pilotin this thing, can ya beleive it??? Makes me wonder about this droid though- do ya think it's a he, she, or it? Do ya ever wonder if the droid knows / thinks its a he, she, or it? I wonder if it wonders about itself and other droids of it's same kind...Anyone?"

Jemma
27 March 2005, 03:42 PM
Tia listens to the chatter between the two seasoned pilots and only really understands about half of it. When Wynn asks about the Ion Rocket she replies, "Well .... theoretically the rocket could affect more than one ship ... if they were close enough. But, as I said earlier, it hasn't really been effectively tested and never in a combat situation. It's possible that it might knock all of our ships offline, I'm not sure. Sorry ... I wish I had more information."

As Wynn lines up the damaged Tie Fighter, Tia concentrates on lining up her next shot when she hear Kelvin's inane banter over the radio. "Kelvin, droids are sexless. They do not really think of themselves as either a male or female personality. If you follow the standard operating procedure for droids you wipe their memories periodically anyway to avoid having them develop a quasi-personality so it would be a moot point. The only reason that some droids are programmed with a male or female voice is because one or the other is more pleasing to the humans interacting with the droid.

Ris
27 March 2005, 04:57 PM
Wynn gave a dismayed sigh at the shield display. But any green was better than orange. The chatter about droids was hardly more than background noise--until


"...If you follow the standard operating procedure for droids you wipe their memories periodically anyway to avoid having them develop a quasi-personality ..."
"Cee-Dee-EEP-SHREE--" Razzle let out an ear-spliting, make that head-spliting, cresendo that Wynn was sure approached near-ultrasonics.
"OW! Razz, QUIET! You're my personal R2, it's not gonna happen without my OK--and that's not gonna happen! So worry about the shields & targets, OK?" Wynn Antilles frantically reassured her droid. Limiting the range & volume of your sounds might! "Chief don't even think about wipes around Razzle, puhlease." She commed on the odd channel Vooko gave her, "Three, Lead--No philosophical discussions in a furball--that's an order!" Oooh, I just got cured of a Headache From The Correllian Hells & I think it's back. Well, I don't have time for one now--but I'm sure gonna need a high-power painkiller on the other side of the jump Wynn took a deep breath, and dragged her attention back to the target-reticle.

Gyp Ryol
27 March 2005, 07:28 PM
Tobler's long tongue lolled around outside his mouth as he clutched his stomach. "Stoppen de planet. Mesa want off," he mutters to no one in particular. While turbulent storm waters wouldn't be a problem, the high G spins of the fighter proved too much for Tobler constitution. "And mesa called Tobler. Not Tobe."

He shook his head in an attempt to get his concentration back. "Yousa fire da boomers. Mesa just gonna moan for a liddle bit."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
27 March 2005, 11:06 PM
"Kelvin, droids are sexless. They do not really think of themselves as either a male or female personality. If you follow the standard operating procedure for droids you wipe their memories periodically anyway to avoid having them develop a quasi-personality so it would be a moot point. The only reason that some droids are programmed with a male or female voice is because one or the other is more pleasing to the humans interacting with the droid. "Gotcha Tia! Verbally I mean!"


"Three, Lead--No philosophical discussions in a furball--that's an order!""Got it Wynn! Permison to get tar & feathered when we get outa these things?" Kelvin cringed then cracked a smile.


"And mesa called Tobler. Not Tobe."
He shook his head in an attempt to get his concentration back. "Yousa fire da boomers. Mesa just gonna moan for a liddle bit."
"Sorry Tobler! Right-O! I'll see what i can fire from here, soon as the droid points towards a target. Right droid?!?"

The astromech blatted a few rude notes, then printed on the screen: I am an Astromech droid.

"Well sorry then! How about we call you Astro? I'm good with it, you?"

The droid bleeped a few notes, though Kelvin didn't know if that meant the droid- astromech was happy with it or what.

"Ok Astro, point us to the next target!"

Ris
28 March 2005, 02:01 PM
"Got it Wynn! Permison to get tar & feathered when we get outa these things?" Kelvin cringed then cracked a smile.
"Negative, Three, too much work," Lead replied. "But you owe me big time!"

Vanger Chevane
28 March 2005, 02:34 PM
Switches to Missiles & works for a lock on one of the Bobmers hitting the base.

"Lead, Two. Going for a Dupe, do remind me when it's time for Recess.

They don't usually strike in formation, but they can harass our people anywhere found. Oughta save Someone's Pet Project for punching out, in case that Destroyer has friends, or catches up.

It's Desperation Defense before we rely on something that could go off too early, late, or not at all."

Ris
31 March 2005, 03:52 AM
"Copy, Two. You're with me. Let's vape some dupes--make you an Ace maybe? I'm arming missiles, which should keep their attention off you & your antics." She turned her attention to Kelvin & Tobler as she armed the weapons. Razzle, mollified, had helpfully noted that Three was now on autopilot, although "Astro" wasn't happy. "Three, Lead. I don't want the Derm left alone. Please escort her all the way home--and we'll see you when we've mopped up. May the Force be with you, gentlemen!" You really need it. And so do we--but at least Vooko & I can make do quite well with our own wits & flying.
Wynn turned the ship, frowning at the seeming awkwardness of the Y. She left the missile locks to Razzle--the droid was as good as a gunner, even if he couldn't fire the weapon himself.

coldskier0320
1 April 2005, 05:46 AM
Settling calmly in behind D, Wynn makes sure she is lined up perfectly, matching speed and trajectory with the TIE, almost in the same way as a docking ship, though, at these speeds, it'd be a dangerous proposition. Hesitating a few moments longer, she eventually gets the triple low beep of a lock from Razzle before pounding down on the laser firing studs and turning D into a rather large collection of glowing motes, which began to settle as they felt the effects of Eden's gravity. Making a quick and easy confirmation of her kill, Wynn sends her fighter racing after the twin hulled bombers, setting up for their third run on the evacuating Rebels. Far below, the pilots and gunners can make out several dark craters in the ground, where ordnance has dropped. Apparently the Empire had expected a ground evac, as the bombers appeared to be loaded down with freefalling thermal detonators behind the first few seismis charges they'd used to disable many of the ships in the hangar bay.

In Blue three, Kelvin and Tobler were reassured when the ship, under the droid's control, turned to an attack vector on one of the bombers lagging behind the rest. With a slight sideways shimmy, you realize that the damage you did to your stabilizers was giving the autopilot fits as well, though it was handling it much better than you know you could. That's when you notice Wynn and Vooko closing in on the group, from your five o' clock.


"Three, Lead. I don't want the Derm left alone. Please escort her all the way home--and we'll see you when we've mopped up. May the Force be with you, gentlemen!"

With that, you hear a small burst exchange, that you can only guess was a transfer of flight directives from Razzle to your droid. Almost immediately, your Y sweeps in a wide arc out from its original vector to head for the rapidly retreating form of the Pachyderm.

As Vooko's original position put him closer to the bombers than Wynn, he had first licks on the comparatively easy prey. The Neckbreaker's highly advanced targetting computer made one soft chime, indicating a primary missile lock, and, to your surprise, an second low beep indicating a secondary lock. Loosing one of your concussion missiles, you watch as it rockets toward the doomed bomber. Unfortunately for the Empire, its bombers had to fly in tight formation, so as not to bomb wingmates pulling out of a run beneath them. As the concussion missile impacts its target, it sets off the bomber's remaining load of thermals. The resulting explosive shockwave knocks the other three bombers in the flight out of formation, forcing them to regruop before they can make another run.

Wynn, remembering from earlier that there had been six, not four, of each type of fighter vaguely wonders where the other fighters have gotten to, as she arms a proton torpedo and launches it at one of the bombers that Vooko's missile threw off course. It, like its wingmate, were now little more than a few chunks of flaming wreckage that began to flutter slowly to the ground, wreathed in fire.

At this point, she received a little update from Razzle:

>Shield Restoration: Success

Maybe things weren't so bad after all... ((26/120))

Now that she knew she'd be painting a few more to her hull, Wynn felt more assured that her Blue squadron was the one in control of the day, not these imperial greenies.

~~~~~~~

Suddenly, all of blue squadron's sensors go crazy at once. It seems the ISD overhead has taken an interest in your handiwork, and has launched a second full squadron of TIE fighters. Though you're mopping these guys up pretty fast, you're not sure how you can manage against twelve fighters, all of which are specifically designed to attack other fighters...whatever you decide, it'd be best to decide it quickly, as your computers put the ETA of the TIE squadron as 3 minutes...

Vanger Chevane
4 April 2005, 02:53 PM
Copy, Two. You're with me. Let's vape some dupes--make you an Ace maybe?

"Wilco. Only four of them, leaves me two short."

Seeing D angling in again pulls away from One, C'mon Bubble Boy, you want me. Drawing the last fighter into his wake while locking up a bomber, sets up the shot for Wynn which she makes good use of.

As the Bomber explodes spectacularly, flinging the others about as well, one of which falls to Wynn's torp, jokes "Nice work Lead. That's six-and-a-half, right?"

As his speed closes into Gun Range, he quads up the lasers and notices the sqaud launched from Way Up Above.

"Last Call! Ya get one more shot then it's time to run home."

Takes a shot at one of the remaining bombers, mentally plotting an intercept course for Derm, and running for it if the last 2 bombers die.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
5 April 2005, 10:23 PM
"Three, Lead. I don't want the Derm left alone. Please escort her all the way home--and we'll see you when we've mopped up. May the Force be with you, gentlemen!"

"Okie Wynn! We'll escort her wherever home is like the fair gents we are, right Tobler?" Kelvin replied cheerfully. He almost had to bite his tongue to not comment about the force, even though it was in good jest, he didnt want to distract Wynn any further.

Feeling / noticing the Y-wing's turn, "Okie, so we're headin over to Pachyderm...." And things went crazy... Alerts were sounding in the craft, the droid was shrillin' an hootin, and the display screen switched to show a bunch of dots...

"Hey guys? Astro's havin a coniption fit over here and theres a swarm of dots on the screen as if someone just swatted at the big ol' horzzinits nest. If thats more them Ties, thats a bad thing right? Unlike Ties, least with horzzinits ya can find a lake to jump into where they can't get at ya..." Trying to make light of the situation, Kelvin added "Horzzinits nests, sure brings back memories don't it Vook?"

Ris
6 April 2005, 06:01 PM
"Wilco. Only four of them, leaves me two short."
"Trying for a double-ace today, Two? Think I'm gonna buy you 2 drinks 'stead of just 1?" Wynn's smile could be heard in her reply.
Vooko grumbled, "Five cheapens Ace--already hit it in one month and three furballs!"
"Since you feel that way, I'll just wait till you get 10 before buying you the drink," Wynn chuckled.


Suddenly, all of blue squadron's sensors go crazy at once. It seems the ISD overhead has taken an interest in your handiwork, and has launched a second full squadron of TIE fighters
"Sithspawn! Tia, hang on--be ready for anything--this isn't gonna be pretty!" Antilles warned her gunner.


"Last Call! Ya get one more shot then it's time to run home."
"Two, Lead--sounds like a plan! Vape 'em & run. Let's stay together if we can." She instructed the Astromech, "Razz, synchronize with his nav-comp, after you give me the target!"


"Hey guys? Astro's havin a coniption fit over here and theres a swarm of dots on the screen as if someone just swatted at the big ol' horzzinits nest...Horzzinits nests, sure brings back memories don't it Vook?"
"Three, Lead--stories later! You & Derm get a move on--I want you &Derm elsewhere when those TIE's get here!" Heck, I want us elsewhere! Wynn thought. Then she focused all her attention on the Dupes, trusting the droid-- which had been her father's last gift to her--to have her escape vector ready when the time came.

********
OOC: Vanger provided Vooko's line

Jemma
7 April 2005, 11:29 AM
Tia nods her head when Wynn tells her to be ready for anything and then realizes that Wynn can't see her head move. "Roger Lt. I'll keep my eyes peeled and my fingers on the trigger"

Tia giggles to herself, Did that sound lame, I hope it didn't sound too lame. I'm just trying to fit in with their lingo. Oh well, maybe she would get the hang of it eventually.

Tia assists Razzle with the calculations for the jump to hyperspace. As she does she keeps an eye on the targeting screen, reaching for the gunner's stick if they get too close.

Vanger Chevane
7 April 2005, 02:24 PM
"Horzzinits nests, sure brings back memories don't it Vook?"

Oyah. Just like then, if we don't zoom out pretty quick we'll all be in an entire orbit of hurt.

Upper-left circle is your Fore Scan, upper-right Aft. Green dots are friendly, Red isn't, get brighter as they close.


Too bad yer launcher's Fore-arc only, could be handy to deter or surprise Eyeballs peeking at Derm, or us...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 April 2005, 03:14 PM
Upper-left circle is your Fore Scan, upper-right Aft. Green dots are friendly, Red isn't, get brighter as they close.

"My what and where Vook? I'm just lookin at the screen infront of me!"

Gyp Ryol
14 April 2005, 05:16 PM
"Wesa should be getten outta here! Now!" says Tobler as he frightenedly looks at the growing number of red dots on the sensor readouts.

Going down in a firey ball of burning metal was not Tobler's ideal death.

Ris
14 April 2005, 05:52 PM
Upper-left circle is your Fore Scan, upper-right Aft. Green dots are friendly, Red isn't, get brighter as they close. "
"My what and where Vook? I'm just lookin at the screen infront of me!"
Her face flaming beneath the flight goggles, Wynn chokes down laughter. Still blushing, Lead struggles to keep her voice matter-of-fact as she gives the hunter some quick instruction. "Three, Lead--the holo-display is what Two is talking about. Left is the front view, right is behind. The sphere colors are Green-friend, red-enemy, gold-missile, blue-neutral. the bigger they are, the closer they are to you."
The information helpfully appeared on Kelvin and Tobler's datascreens as well--Razzle had asked Astro to do so.

Wynn studied her own display. They'd already set the targets for the last 2 bombers, there was little else they could do here. "Confirming Last Call, Two. Let's rejoin Pachyderm. Check fuel--we may need to hitch a ride out." As Razzle transferred the commands to Astro, Wynn asked Tia, "Chief, do you know if the snubs were all topped off on fuel?"

coldskier0320
18 April 2005, 05:50 AM
As the impromptu squadron reforms, Tia checks the status of her and Wynn's Y-wing, its fuel was at 82%. Probably filled in the docking bay, and had burnt off that much in the dogfighting. She asusmed the other two ships were in the same state. Though they couldn't make it to the deep core on that kind of fuel, it'd easily get themanywhere in this sector or the next, with fuel to spare.

Razzle again puts up his display to Wynn:

>Shield Restoration: Success

((Blue One: 31/120))

And the shield indicator changes hue slightly to a healthier-looking shade of yellowish-green.

The two TIE bombers remaining hastily regroup and head for clear skies, away from the ISD, but also away from the Ys. Apparently, they're content to play cat and mouse until the next wave of fighters arrive. All in all, fairly sound tactics for the slower craft. That second wave, for its part, is wasting no time in engaging the rebels, and will get within combat range in only a few minutes...

Getting a reading on the Pachyderm, you notice their particle shields snap up as they leave Eden's atmosphere. Your sensors paint their approximate jump point with a tiny yellow triangle...their ETA to the jump is about a minute.

With a dangerous sounding ping, each oof your sensors note that the ISD, apparently bored with bombardment and content to leave that to the TIEs, has started off on a cutoff vector toward the yellow triangle on your screens. ETA: about a minute...

With not much better to do, the astro droid in Blue three punches up a quick set of calculations, which he sends to Razzle and the main computer in Vooko's A-Wing:

Basically, his calculations place the ISD at the jump point an average of 7 seconds before the Pachyderm, plenty of time for it to get one good volley on the helpless transport, which may or may not be enough to knock out its hyperdrive. Also, should the TIE squadron break and head for the 'derm, or to intercept anything following the 'derm's exit vector, they would be, on average, 15 seconds too late to make any real difference. This is, of course, the droid adds, all a matter of number crunching, and could be prone to error, especially with the unpredictable nature of biologicals.

Looks like the 'derm might get fried without some extra help...of course, that'd set you all up nice for a quick escape, being outside Eden's gravity well and all...

((OOC: As for fuel, you can all just look at your fuel gauge. Wynn's at 82%, Kelvin at 77% (high-performance engines), and Vooko's at 71% (again, HP engines, also coupled with the neckbreaker's usual habit of being hard on the fuel reserves. Any questions, shoot them at me over in the OOC, i know this update was a bit sketchy.))

Jemma
18 April 2005, 12:04 PM
Tia reads the calculations on her display screen and moans, "Ummm ... it doesn't look like the Pachyderm is going to make it guys and it doesn't look like we are going to be able to get there in time to help. I think our only chance may be the experimental Heavy Ion Rocket that Blue Three has loaded in his snub."

Ris
19 April 2005, 07:26 PM
(OOC: Joint post for me & Vanger. Written via IM)
Razzle transferred Astro's updates to both Wynn's and Tia's screens. The Lt. glared at the readout as if that would change the calculations to ones she liked better. "This is not my day," Wynn muttered. "No surpise there--it hasn't been my month!"


"I think our only chance may be the experimental Heavy Ion Rocket that Blue Three has loaded in his snub."
"Tia, Vooko is Blue 2," Wynn corrects automatically in a kind tone, over the snub's intercomm. "But you may be right about that chance, girlfriend. Let's talk to Two." Wynn Anitilles comms just Vooko & sets it to play through both their headsets. The first thing they hear is Vooko's ranting under his breath, "Poke the big ol' Horzzinits nest with a very short stick!..."
"Two, Lead--if you're finished wailing & gnashing your teeth, I really do need you to be our dashing hunky warrior-prince & stab that krayt dragon yonder. I can keep the Eyes off your posterior, if you''ll send me & 3 the locks." Wynn adds to Tia over the intercomm, "I'll leave you the ion cannon--Razzle can help you target, too."
Two reminded his leader in a worried tone, ""Can we get any help from Three? Still leaves it plenty ugly tween Forth and Back."
"Yes, I'll have the guys helping. I know it's gonna take all 5 of us to pull this off, Vooko," Wynn told him. At an indignant "Blaatt!" from her R2, she adds, "And the clever droids too."
Vooko replies, "One, Two. I calculate that you can stand off as far as 10Km from me & still have a reasonable chance of hitting TIE's with my targeting. Recommend single fire so you can pump out twice the shots to keep 'Them Horzzinits' busy."
"I like it, Two--except if we pull this off, I'm gonna get a bunch more Eyes & you'll get an SD on that Neckbreaker. Must be that Burden of Command thing they yak about." A bit of Wynn's normal merriment was back in her crisp voice.
Vooko asked, "Chief, do you know what the blast radius of this thing's s'posed to be? If we can sucker the Imps into it, we could disable the Assault Force almost completely. Derm might need to come get me afterward."
Be sure that she will, Two. All three of us if she's the room--more comfy-cozy," Wynn assured her sometime wingman.
Vooko continued, "My pre-plan was to angle away after launch close to an Intecept Vector with Derm & try to shut down just before the blast wave hits. With luck I could just restart, if not I'll be sailing toward Pickup..." The A-wing jock adds to Tia, "Also need to pick a good spot for this thing to land. Some spot that'll spread some serious hurt across that ship. I'd go for the Solar Ionization reactor, but it may be well surge/ion protected. I think we wanna hit something that'll feed the pulse through as many power conduits as possible, maximize the effect. What do you think, Chief? Might as well make a pretty show out of it if I'm gonna be painting an ImpStar onto my hull."

Once the plan is hammered out, Lt. Antilles issues her orders to the other 2 starships in her little Group. "Three, Lead. Vooko will be givng you & your gunner target info. Astro will make sure you get it & fly that bone for you. Just fire at the TIE's, gentlemen. Kel, you're a good marksman, so I know you can do this for your coz. And Agent Grizbain, I know the quality of CorSec's people." As Wynn spoke to Kelvin & Tobler, Razzle and Astro arranged all the feeds between them and Neckbreaker.
"Pachyderm, Blue Lead. We're on the way. Be prepared to recover the A-wing & pilot Blue Two before your jump...Can you also carry 2 wishbones & crews?"
As Wynn finished talking with Derm's crew, and vectored for her position, she & the other 3 heard Vooko Zeelas' parting remark. "Now it gets Huttly!"
Wynn smiled to herself, and told Tia, "He's got a talent for understatement."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 April 2005, 01:15 PM
Vooko's ranting under his breath, "Poke the big ol' Horzzinits nest with a very short stick!..." Kelvin chuckles quietly under his breath "Hey, I did it last time Vook, its your turn"


""Can we get any help from Three? Still leaves it plenty ugly tween Forth and Back."
"Yes, I'll have the guys helping. I know it's gonna take all 5 of us to pull this off, Vooko," Wynn told him. At an indignant "Blaatt!" from her R2, she adds, "And the clever droids too." "You bet ya can! Hey! That makes seven, Can never go wrong with seven!"


Vooko replies, "One, Two. I calculate that you can stand off as far as 10Km from me & still have a reasonable chance of hitting TIE's with my targeting. Recommend single fire so you can pump out twice the shots to keep 'Them Horzzinits' busy." "Gotcha Vook! Will set it soon as Astro here tells me which button it is- ahh, here we go I think! You ready too Tobler?"


Be sure that she will, Two. All three of us if she's the room--more comfy-cozy," "Heh, you got that right, I think a certain someone's gonna be chasin after me with a hydros-spanner!" Kelvin remarks jokingly


Vooko continued, "My pre-plan was to angle away after launch close to an Intecept Vector with Derm & try to shut down just before the blast wave hits. With luck I could just restart, if not I'll be sailing toward Pickup..." "If anyone's got a tow-line, we could just give ya tow!"


"Three, Lead. Vooko will be givng you & your gunner target info. Astro will make sure you get it & fly that bone for you. Just fire at the TIE's, gentlemen. Kel, you're a good marksman, so I know you can do this for your coz. And Agent Grizbain, I know the quality of CorSec's people." "Why thanks Wynn! Care for a little friendly wager- I and Tobler for kills versus you and Tia? Winner buys the next round of brew!" Kelvin glances at the viewscreen and at his visor's holo fore & aft displays


"Now it gets Huttly!" "You said it Vook, just like the race finals, last lap half track with a cranky left steering servo!"

Adding, "Hey Tobler, you ready for this?!"

Ris
23 April 2005, 06:37 AM
"Why thanks Wynn! Care for a little friendly wager- I and Tobler for kills versus you and Tia? Winner buys the next round of brew!"
"Three, Lead. Why not? But if we pull this off, the 'Derm's bunch should be financing all our beverages for the next week--Vook's for the next month! And throwing in a decent meal or 2."
"Chee-trill-la-blip-chee."
"Yes, Razzle, they should be covering your next oil-bath, not me," Wynn agreed with the astromech.
Since Wynn owned the droid, and had owned Stardancer, as she'd called her X, the costs of maintenance and repairs had technically been her responsibility, not the Alliance's. Actually, the Alliance had covered it, since Yavin. There were arrangements that could be made for pilots with private ships, & that had been the least they could do for the daughter of a Rebel martyr. Not that Wynn had asked for it, since it wasn't going to bring her father--or anyone else she'd lost--back.

"Alright Blues, let's give that Assault Force hell! And worse than hell!" Lt. Cinowyn Antilles' voice had a grim quality now.

Gyp Ryol
26 April 2005, 12:07 PM
Tobler moaned as he gripped the gun controls. Iffen only mesa head hadn't stoppen spinning... He took a few deep breaths, hoping to center himself, but finding that to be uneffective, the Gungan simply squoze the molded grips a little more tightly.

"You just no allowed to fly, Kelvin. Got it? Mesa head still hurts from last time..." Tobler trailed off, looking at the sensor screen once more, counting all the little red blips. "Thissen nutsen," he mutters.

Vanger Chevane
29 April 2005, 01:08 PM
Double-checking everything enroute, notices something they'd all missed. "One, Two. Impstars carry 3 squadrons, where's the last one?"

Gotta skirt this bunch & be ready in case that last group launches trying to put the Servo-grip on me.

If I manage to survive this disaster, should see The Crescent for it. Will have my shot at Comet Group...if I want it.

Ris
29 April 2005, 04:02 PM
"Roger that, 2. I'm hoping they haven't been lauched yet--and if you get off that payload timely, won't launch. Getting us & the 'Derm the hell outta Mos Eisley while they're still in the bay is our best option. Wonder what the Imp's Snubbie-boss is thinking of to hold back? Or doesn't the driver have sense enough to listen to him?"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 April 2005, 10:37 PM
Listning to his co-pilot "You got that right Tobler! This is nuts! Don't worry, I ain't flyin this time tho, that'd be even worse nuts!"

Overhearing his cousin and Wynn on the comms, Kelvin chuckles "Y'know what our camp instructor said? The reason we call them 'Imps' is because it stands for Impotent!" Kelvin cracked a grin at the phrase which was still amusing now as it was when he first heard it.

Vanger Chevane
6 May 2005, 04:51 PM
Checking where he'll intecept the ImpStar, and the Eyeballs him, he brings up his journal file from where he keeps it in the snub's computer for adding to during Hyperspace and boring missions. Packages the file & pipes it out the datastream to the Y-Wings, murmuring "Just in case..."


OOC: Need the data on the missile & where to put it, please.

Ris
6 May 2005, 05:57 PM
Kelvin chuckles "Y'know what our camp instructor said? The reason we call them 'Imps' is because it stands for Impotent!"
Wynn giggles over the open channel. She couldn't understand why guys in their teens and 20's liked off-color wisecracks. Her last CO, Guay Tel, knew a "detailed" joke with that punchline, along with lots of other risque' humor. She hadn't heard any of them in a while, not since he'd become the Stars' CO. A squadron leader had to set a good example. Why, even her brother Trevor got a kick out of things like that.

coldskier0320
9 May 2005, 06:29 PM
The trio of fighters soar up and out of Eden's atmosphere, leaving the rest of the Rebels with a better than fighting chance at making the rendezvous. Now the pale blue of the sky deepens to navy, then to black, the white specks of distant stars becoming more and more prominent as Eden's own sun seems to swallow a little of its pride, become merely a localized brightness without the air's filtering effect. As Wynn and Vooko switch off their repulsorlifts and key in the main sublight drives, R2-A6 (he's informed Kelvin), who's former pilot had referred to as "Ace" does this for his two passengers.

Some distance away, the arrowhead bulk of the Imperial Star Destroyer, identifying herself as the Archon lurks, silhouetted against Eden's orange-yellow sun. As you approach, your respective sensor screens figuratively rub some sleep out of their eyes and squint against the sun: some fine tuning reveals another squadron of TIEs, arrayed in a defensive web around the Archon, with a second group spread out aft of the destroyer in a containment formation.

As you approach the huge craft, your comlinks crackle to life, Vooko's a touch distorted as the ISD's powerful hypertransceiver punches through his light jamming system,

"Attention to all unidentified craft, this is Captain Brennet of the Imperial Navy. You will lower your shields and power down weapons systems. Heave to and prepare to land. In the case of the transport, prepare for boarders."

Wynn thinks grimly to herself, Sure they'll prepare...with blasters and thermals, they'll prepare.... Then she sees the TIE formation headed their way abruptly split up, with six heading for the Derm and as many heading out to engage their fighters. In that moment, Wynn and Vooko realize that the TIE pilots have just made their critical, and possibly fatal, error. TIEs have strength in numbers, and splitting their squadron was often a task for a full squadron of X-wings. That was already done. Still, two to one odds weren't exactly reassuring, even against TIEs. After all, the imperial flight instructors were no slouches when it came to making some top-notch pilots...

Vooko, all alone in his tiny fighter pulls data from his special paylod's onboard computer. With a few quick commands, he sees it has been defaulted to lock on to the largest local power source, a good indication that it is indeed an anti-capital weapon. Priming its ignition cycle, he glances at his targetting computer, it would still be a long minute to get within firing range of the Archon. In addition, the weapons control board identified the missile's driver to be a standard Arakyd "dumb" rocket, with a decently fast-burning propellant, but lacking anything save some stabilizer fins to guide it...he would indeed have only one shot at this...and if he missed...well, maybe the Imp tractor operators were green troops...

Vanger Chevane
10 May 2005, 03:20 PM
Vooko spits out a curse in Rodian as his gut chills to somewhere close to the temperature outside the cockpit.

Now you know why most Crescents are awarded posthumously.

"Some super-genius made this thing Dumb Fire. Gonna hafta get close and hold it..."

Ris
11 May 2005, 07:56 PM
"Attention to all unidentified craft, this is Captain Brennet of the Imperial Navy. You will lower your shields and power down weapons systems. Heave to and prepare to land. In the case of the transport, prepare for boarders."
Wynn thinks grimly to herself, Sure they'll prepare...with blasters and thermals, they'll prepare...
Unwilliingly, she recalls an excerpt from an Alliance Intel debriefing of a defector who'd witnessed the fate of her father after his Tantive IV had been boarded. But now wasn't the time for more grieving..."Go to hell, Brennet! Take your pick of all the hells!" Capt. Antilles' daughter challenged the Imp Captain aloud, although not over the com.

She gave Razzle some instructions & in seconds the R2 sent the Pachyderm a databurst, with her orders and another set of coordinates (heading & duration) he'd calculated.

Pachyderm, Blue Leader Cinowyn Organa-Antilles. We cannot protect you! Cut your course, angle straight out of the well and jump to attached coordinates. We will rejoin, then all jump to RP. May the Force be With You! The lieutenant hoped including her maternal surname would persuade the transport's crew to do it her way.
Wynn had Razzle also send message and coordinates to Kelvin's Ace, along with her orders that Three continue to cover the Derm.

"Two, Lead. I'll cover you," Lt. Antilles told Vooku icily over the Tancredi channel. "I want that abomination so dead!"
Blue Two replied, "As long as it don't get me or my ship vaped..." Wynn told him, "Two, that's what I'm going in for. We'll get that missilke where it'll do some good!"

OOC: Thanks to Vanger for help with this post

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
26 May 2005, 12:31 PM
Looking at the display screen, "Ace huh? Why didnt ya say so!?" Kelvin commented over the channel, which in turn was replied with several sharp blaats

Ace prompted on screen, directions to keep heading for derm. "Roger that! We'll keep the Derm covered! Right Tobler?"

Gyp Ryol
26 May 2005, 02:39 PM
Tobler heaved a sigh of relief. Somehow, protecting the 'Derm seemed to have a higher chance of survival to him. Tobler nodded his head, though Kelvin not see him. "Ya sure. Lets be doin dis so wesa can get outta here," he says, the nausea in his stomach increasing slightly as the tense moments passed.

coldskier0320
2 June 2005, 08:46 AM
As Blue Three veers off in a wide, sweeping arc meant to cover the transport's escape, Blue Leader and Blue Two close in on the Archon.

Once they are within range of a standard sensor sweep, they see the defensive web of TIEs suddenly break down and come soaring toward them in an attempt to engage the fighters that they assume are trying to flee. Wynn gets a few moments of silence and a message from Razzle about his shield restoration (full shields) then the TIEs are upon them.

With a thunderous roar, a dozen of the Empire's fighters ravage the two fighters' shields, thankfully, though, Rebel techies were no slouches, and the shields held. Then, as quick as they met, the TIEs were looping back around, in two groups of six, for another pass at the easy prey.

In the Neckbreaker, Vooko sweats as he concentrates on the distance indicator on his targeting computer. Not yet....not yet...aaaalmost...

WHAM!!!

With a bone-jarring halt, Vooko clunks his helmet off his fighter's viewport, as the Archon puts her iron grip on the A-Wing. Checking several blinking red lights on his board, Vooko realizes that the A's inertial dampers have been blown out. Had they malfunctioned at all, he'd be little more than a puddle right now. Then, looking at his targetting computer again, he mutters a curse: he's still slightly out of range. Thankfully, though, the EMP missile's systems were still a reassuring bright green on his board...

For her part, Wynn had done admirably. With Tia taking a few potshots at the harassing TIEs, and a little slick maneuvering, they'd managed to take one TIE out of the game, and had eight of the fighters hot on their tail, leaving Vooko set up fairly well for his attack run. Then they saw Vooko stop. Initially, Wynn feared the worst, then, after a quick sensor sweep, she knew Vooko was still alive. At this point, the TIE's squadron leader must have issued new orders, sending the whole group after Wynn, apparently content to leave Vooko for later.

--------------------------

Off in the distance, the Imperials had nearly forgotten about the Pachyderm and her lone fighter escort. Driving hard for deep space, her blip on Kelvin's computer screen eventually crossed the thin green line that marked the edge of Eden's gravity well. Over the comm, Kelvin and Tobler heard,

"Thanks Blue Three, see you at the rendez-vous. And may the Force be with you."

Both Kelvin and Tobler jumped as a high-pitched beep filled their headsets, then the transport accelerated and eventually dissappeared into hyperspace. Against all odds, the Pachderm had escaped unscathed.

Moments later, Ace had slowed down and decrypted the beep, into a long, convoluted set of hyperspace jump coordinates: they had the rendez-vous. Now, they only needed get it to thir friends.

-------------------------

Meanwhile, Vooko was forming a plan. Seeing all the TIEs head for Wynn and Tia, he's first assumed they meant to divide and conquer. Then he got an idea. If Brennet had wanted him dead, the Archon's turbolasers would have seen to that already. Which could only mean...they wanted the Neckbreaker. With a sense of dread, Vooko suddenly wished he had a self-destruct on her. Then...inspiration struck. If the Imps wanted his A, they'd have to pull her into the docking bay...which meant...pulling him into missile range. Even as he thought this, his ship gave a lurch. Without his inertial compensators, Vooko was tossed painfully to one side of the cockpit, but his targetting computer again began counting down to missile range...

((OOC: If anyone feels I'm not giving you enough freedom of choice, let me know. I'm just going with what I think you all wanted to do. Also, Vang, you can assume you enter missile range for the purposes of your next post.))

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 June 2005, 10:28 AM
"Thanks Blue Three, see you at the rendez-vous. And may the Force be with you."

"We copy that Pach! Good huntin!" Kelvin replied happily. Kelvin cringed at the ear splitting loud tone beep, which was equal to a droid's in comparison.

"She made it Tobler! So what'd ya figure we do next? Sit around and give those Imps a free practice target?" Kelvin asked, as their imediate task was done. Kelvin figured he'd better inform the rest while he waited for Tobler to respond.

"Hey guys, just thought i'd let ya know, the Pach's gone home! How ya makin out?"

Vanger Chevane
7 June 2005, 06:44 PM
Vooko throttles back so as not to blow the engines. Thumbing through the ships numerous & detailed diagnostics, pushes as much power as is reasonable into the guns & shields, boosting them to the max.

Wynn Antilles noted the change in the status readout for Neckbreaker on her board. Razzle had highlighted it and given a shrill whistle. "Yeah, I know what'll can happen--been doin' this a while," she muttered to her astromech. Engines could crit & blow with that drain. Before she could demand what Two thought he was doing, the A-jock's strained voice came over the comm.

"Lead, my dampers are out. You're Omega, jump while you still can."

Wynn replied "Neagtive Two, I'm not leaving you behind. Three, you're Omega--that means jump out, now! Ace, make sure of it!"

Coughs a bit from the smoke rising from the partly melted Kinetic Feedback Array beneath his seat. Dampers are fine, just no input. If I slice in the diagnostic data from the #8 Missile's accelerometers, it's ugly but should be enough...

"Boss, this ship will not be captured. You can't take care of my Semi-Cousin from the Next Journey."

He would remember that promise at a time like this! Wynn thought as she switched to the "private" channel, and demanded of her wing, "What in the hells do I tell Kel?!?..." Almost before the words were out of her mouth she heard Vooku's reply on the same channel.

"What can you do here besides get vaped...or captured?"

Tractor Beam will suck in dumbfired missiles a lot faster than me. Lock will break one way or another.

Wynn tried one other appeal, "...and Tancredi House?"

"Tell em the truth. Imps get their skeevy grips on me or Neckbreaker, won't be any House."

Duty...Lt. Lady Cinowyn Antilles had been born and bred to duty. She would carry out her duties--both the ones imposed by the oaths she'd sworn to the Alliance in the person of Alderaan's last Viceroy, and the self-imposed ones. Vooku Zeelas was right, Wynn couldn't do anything else here, even her X-wing Stardancer couldn't perform as Vooku's A would have to, for him to have any chance. But none of this made carrying out those duties any easier. Woodenly, she told Razzle, "Plot fastest evasive course to micro-jump point to rejoin Derm and Three. Tia, prepare for the jump & hold on."

One more duty. On the way, over the private channel, she made one more call to Zeelas, "Vooku, Cinowyn. Your semi-cousin is under protection of House Antilles. And I'll confirm the Impstar kill for you. May the Force be with you!" There were other things Wynn wanted to say, but didn't. She pulled the lever...

...forming up with the Pachyderm on the other end, Wynn kept them all there as long as she could. No one on the transport questioned it. After all, it made sense that they would want to make sure no Imp followed them here, and once assured of that, they could plot and make the jump to the RP.


Vooko nods a silent salute. Gonna be pretty spectacular if this works...messy if it don't. Five P's.*

Locks a solution to the Bridge Viewports into a targeting computer preset, then programs the loaded concussion missiles to turn into the general path of the Tractor Beam. Setting the Missile Fire Control to a secondary trigger on the maneuver stick, switches to the Ion Rocket and targets halfway between the docking bay and engines, dead center for the Impstar's Main Power Cell Array.

Presets the Jump Coordinates into the Naviputer, and sets it to automatically drop the ship out without any input from the pilot. Also sets the Emergency Beacon to start signaling as soon as he drops out.

Waits, sweats, and coughs until he's towed into range & the Rocket has a good solution.


OOC: Co-authored with Ris via IM, Wynn's lines are by her & with her permission.

*Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance

Dumb/simple-firing the missiles will either foce em to shut off that tractor in a major hurry, or it gets blown up. Either way, Vooko's free to move. Once free, Ion Rocket goes on it's way, hopefully taking out the Impstar, & Vooko takes off.

Once the Rocket's fired, bring the pre-targeted bridge up & shift weapons to missiles. If he has a target-of-opportunity to shred Captain Happy & his bridge crew fire the 2nd pair of missiles. If not it's just Duck, Dodge, and Break for Hyperspace. He'll shoot what's in his way, but the priority is Jump to Freedom. Even if the run-up knocks him out, or even kills him, Neckbreaker should arrive where it's supposed to and cry for help from the Y-W's & Derm who can either rescue or destroy it as needed.

Oddly, having a ' anywhere in your subject will foul the spoiler tag & it fails completely. :mad:


Holy Hutt, I got promoted today! :D

Gyp Ryol
7 June 2005, 07:35 PM
"Lets get outta here! Me never liken bein in da cockpit. Wesa needta follow the 'Derm," says Tobler, panic now obvious in his usually collected voice. Tobler figured now that the ship they were protecting was gone, they needed to get gone too, lest that Star Destroyer turn her guns on the three small fighters.

Ris
18 June 2005, 03:43 PM
Lt. Antilles had a few things to take care of during the wait. She commed Pachyderm on low power for a private chat on logistics. "Derm, Blue Lead. How many more people can you hold? And do you have cargo or docking space for 3 snubs? At the least, I want space for the A & it's pilot."
She expected Vooku to be exhausted at the least--and possibly badly hurt--when (she wouldn't allow herself to think "if") he rejoined them and so didn't want him in the cockpit for the jump to the RP. In fact, she preferred that Tia, Kelvin & Tobler make the jump in the transport as well, since none of them were fighter pilots. The ideal would be for all 3 snubs and 5 people to be carried by the Derm, but if Wynn had to she would stay in her Y alone or with Tia until they reached the RP.

Wynn exchanged a few words with Tia to make sure the tech was doing alright, then pulled out her datapad. There was just enough room on her lap for the 'pad. Wynn began to type, hoping she recalled the correct form for a commendation--and hoping even more fervently it wasn't going to be a posthumous one.

coldskier0320
21 June 2005, 10:15 AM
Finally, Vooko had the reading he was looking for. He was in range, with his ship aimed more or less at the bone-white bulk of the Archon. Flipping a switch and depressing a button, he fired his first missile, then went about launching the second attack.

The first missile raced toward the star destroyer. The imperials at the turbolaser controls tried, in vain to shoot down the projectile. After a few long seconds, the missile solidly impacted the side of the huge craft.

With a massive wash of crackling blue energy, the destroyer's lights dim...and eventually go out. The engines stutter and die, even as the ship's course shifts slightly, from a vector toward Vooko's fighter, to a rapidly decaying orbit. Now, the two missiles from the Neckbreaker streak up toward the command deck, even as Vooko, now out of the tractor beam’s grasp, punches up his hyperspace microjump. He notes, with relief, that his emergency dampers are still functioning reasonably well, and should be adequate to protect him for the quick jump to safety. Arcing up and out, he heads after the two double glows of his wingmates’ engines. Moments later their blips disappear from his scopes as they duck into hyperspace. As his navicomputer locks in his course, Vooko does one last sensor focus on the Archon. For two missiles, they’d certainly taken their toll on the helpless ship, taking large chunks out of the command tower. While Vooko was pretty sure that the captain and most of his crew had survived, enough damaged had been done to the ship that it’d probably never fly again. Oh, they’d patch it up enough to get back to sector HQ, but then the Archon would probably be dismantled for parts to make a newer ImpStar.

Then, with a grin of satisfaction, Vooko pulled the hyperdrive lever and the stars extended into starlines as the Neckbreaker jumped.

He’d thoroughly enjoy painting this one on his fuselage.


((OOC: I'm kinda pressed for time right now, I'll make another IC post soon, but this one sews up alot of loose ends.))

Vanger Chevane
22 June 2005, 03:34 PM
As the tractor towed Vooko in toward his "Inevitable Doom", he checks that sensor data's being properly recorded. Gonna need proof I pulled this off... Blinking some of the stinging smoke and blurring tears from his eyes he recalls one of Uncle Hlarrit's stories about Warriors of Bygone Ages and how they dealt with flying ships that lacked the refined and powerful compensators he usually enjoyed.

Then he heard the missile lock go from a semi-musical warble to the pure tone of a solid lock. Letting the tone play in his ears for a few seconds, he checks that everything's set and waits for a good gap in his surroundings. Huh. If nothing else, I'll have a great story for Dad when we meet.

Stroking the trigger gently, he notices out of the corner of his eye a few small gouts of flame coming from the seams between canisters as it coughs out its payload. Gonna have to retouch the paint there, but least they didn't buckle... Re-orienting himself onto a good escape vector, he tracks the fading missile's flight through the veritable forest of somehow appropriately verdant turbolaser blasts.

Perched on that fine edge between Victory and Disaster, puts his thumb securely on the secondary button in case that thing doesn't knock out at least the beam pinning him in place. Chazwa, that thing's about as fast and maneuverable as a Bantha on Repulsor Skates! C'mon, c'mon, thirty more meters...Twenty...Ten...

Then, the impercptibly small the missile erupted in a blossom of lighnting, both beautiful and frightening, whose caress quickly enveloped the stern with haphazard ribbons of charred paint and secondary explosions. As the lights and mighty engines of the ImpStar's flickered spasticly, a shudder and then sharp lurch snapping Vooko backward into his seat told him the first step to Freedom was his, but there was still far to go.


Arcing up-and over to throw off his Escort and Pursuit, who seem to be momentarily stunned by the Archon's demise, Vooko quickly switches back to missiles and the preset target, his vector swinging the bridge into his sights and again he hears the comforting sound of a good lock. Almost automatically tapping the trigger and glancing for the twin flames of a good launch, he grins tightly. Smile, Captain Happy!

As he sees the first of what would all-to-soon become many bright streaks of TIE Lasers flashing past his beloved ship, he shifts the energy charging his lasers to the engines, pushes the throttle forward, locks up his legs & clenches the muscles in his midsection to keep the blood in his brain, and breaks again as TIEs boil at him from seemingly everywhere. He barely registers through the the tunnel vision threatening him with having to ease up on his turn or pass out becoming an easy target, the detonation of the missiles & report on the damage done, other than it being A Good Thing.



Streaking between two oncoming squadrons with his ship dancing and juking, the somewhat-off-center rotation provided by the Diagnostic Pack and the pummeling his body was taking making his movements that much more unpredictable, notes several foes disappear off his scopes while enduring the strobing green lances seeking him out. Don't count as Kills, but I'll take em! As his vision clears and energy from the lasers reinforces his tattered shields, he swings onto the vector he's been wanting desperately throughout this brief, eternal moment.

Sighting his friends off in the distance, he tries to relax his body as much as possible before The Swarm gets lethally close again, then closes his eyes, sets his teeth, then kicks in the Hyperdrives.



This is gonna huuuuuuurt!


:D

coldskier0320
23 June 2005, 07:13 AM
After emerging from the microjump in deep space, with Eden merely a pinprick of light to the stern, the three Rebel fighters send an emergency signal on to their eventual destination, however, without a pinpoint location, the Rebels there are unable to send a transport. After a few days of repairs, the two Y-Wings and the A-Wing emerge at the rendez-vous, where the story continues...

For a moment after leaving hyperspace, the 5 Rebels wonder if they've somehow made a wrong turn. Here at the rendez-vous, the space looked just as bleak and empty as the area they'd just left, with nothing but endless starfield as far as the eye could see.

"Maybe they've left.", Tia offered up her opinion, over the open frequency Wynn had set up between the fighters.

"Negative. They'd have at least set up some sort of calling card that we could get back in touch with them", somebody else answered, "Vooko, how're you feeling?".

Vooko's response, while good-natured, is less than perfect. The jump out from Eden threw him around pretty good, despite the emergency dampers. Though he didn't preak any bones, it would sure feel good to get out of the Neckbreaker's cramped interior and spend about thirty hours in bed. The primary dampers still weren't at 100%, but they were head and shoulders better than those crummy emergency units.

Finally, Razzle bleeped and a short message appeared on everyone's screen. Apparently, they were at the correct coordinates, as the Rebels had just contacted them with their location. It seems the coordinates were accurate enough, but the base was some distance "below" them, relative to the galactic plane. After a third and final microjump "down", with the complicated formula fed to them from the base, Wynn and her squadron arrived at Solitude station.

Solitude station was a long, flat, rectangular affair. An ancient Old Republic space barge, with slight additions all over it. Along the edges were a few turbolaser and ion cannon emplacements, and on the top was a tall sensor mast. Also across the top were a series of odd looking cylinders that the group decided must be some sort of sensor jammers or something. Finally, in huge, blocky aurebesh letters, near what used to be the bow of the ship, was the old barge's name, the Solitude. Following instructions from the base, the three fighters flew through the old ship's loading port, which had been refitted with a magnetic field, and set down their fighters among about twenty mixed Y-Wings and Z-95's in one of the barge's old cargo modules. Then, for the first time in what seemed like months, the heroes of the Battle of Eden stepped out of their fighters.

After a few minutes of nothing but stretching out and yawning, the 5 Rebels saw a small group of people heading their way. The leader was a small Sullustan male. With him was a Mon Cal and several humans. When they neared the fighters, the leader, obviously an officer spoke,

"Greetings friends, I am Major Nyod Tumb, and on behalf of my people, welcome to Solitude station. Though I'll eventually want to debrief you, the crew and personnel of the Pachyderm have told me what you've all been through, so, for tonight, just relax. If you have any questions for me, I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. Lieutenant Calx here", he motions to the Mon Cal, "will show you to your quarters and provide you with some clothing other than your jumpsuits."

With that the group heads off, back toward the main superstructure of the barge. Once they get to the end of the cargo module, they take a long turbolift ride down, then exit into the main part of the base. Stopping in a corridor with a series of doors, Algis Calx speaks in gravelly Mon Cal basic,

"These will be your rooms for your stay here at Solitude. If you need anything, this is my personal comm code.", with that, he gives the Rebels his code and leaves them to their own devices. inside the pair of doors the amphibious alien indicated, there is a room clearly intended for Wynn and Tia, with two beds and various clothes preferred by human females, while the other is just as clearly intended for the men, with three beds and clothes for human males. For Tobler, there are instructions to report to the station tailor for measurements to have some clothes made, should he need any. Also in each room is a small repulsor table, on which is piled high fruits, vegetables, cheeses, breads, soups, and all other types of food, uncommon for a barge full of rebels in deep space. Still, the food is a welcome surprise after the crazy few days the group has seen.

((OOC: Just some general RP and down-time. You've all earned it. :)))

Gyp Ryol
26 June 2005, 10:53 AM
Tobler, upon hitting solid ground for the first time in what felt like decades, promptly stretched every muscle imaginable. His long neck pops and crack as he jerks his head back and forth. The lanky Gungan wiggles his fingers to ensure their functionality, and gently massages his own shoulders. He moaned softly as he felt the muscles relaxing after being cramped in a cockpit designed for creatures much shorter than himself.

The ex-CorSec officer gladly follows the Mon Calamari to the quarters, comforted by the vision of a warm bed. But at the sight of the food piled high on the table, Tobler immediately feels his stomach gurgle and growl, obviously not satisfied with the diet of Y-Wing ration bars he and Kelvin had shared. So, Tobler attacked the food with a ferocity brought on only by massive hunger. He tore through the fruits, producing several cores and peels, which he neatly tossed into a wastebin. It was obvious that Tobler was not about to sacrifice tidiness for eating speed.

Sitting on his bed, and feeling very sated, he looked through the instructions left by, Tobler assumed, the quartermaster pertaining to Tobler's clothing. For the first time, Tobler inspected the clothes he had escaped Eden in. They were thoroughly disgusting, covered in ash and debris from the hangar. This was made worse by Tobler's own sweat, which caused the two materials to mix together to form a sort of semi-liquid grayish substance around Tobler's pits.

"Meesa, uh, I am going to see the tailor," said Tobler, excusing himself from the room. "I'll be back soon."

Vanger Chevane
29 June 2005, 05:34 PM
First Microjump Wynn Antilles has just about sadly concluded Vooko Zeelas cannot make it--when a tiny blip bursts from hyperspace. Even as Razzle confirms it's an A, the Y-wings' comms pick up the snub's emergency beacon. "Vooko, are you alright? Vooko!" Wynn calls, disregarding comm protocol in her worry. Razzle queries the A's pilot chair when he doesn't answer as fast as the droid thinks his mistress will want.

On Neckbreaker, the beacon rouses her pilot. Vooko Zeelas mumbles something about "Mom...school day," over the noise of the beacon. Vooko bangs his hand painfully into the canopy before his head clears. Then the beacon cuts off and he groans. He hears Blue Lead's call. "Lead, Two. Got banged up good, you should see the other guy."

His report-in arrives just as Wynn is reading his bio-signs on her screen. All Wynn can tell is they indicate he's conscious. "Great job! I knew you could, Vook," the pretty pilot exults, before she regains the proper control for a leader. She was more than just glad someone under her command had returned from a mission she was having second thoughts about. "You fit to fly?"

"Fly I can manage. Landing will be ugly."

"I'll talk you through when the time comes--don't think you're into tractor beams right now?"

He replies with a weak chuckle punctuated by a cough. "Not terribly, no."

"First, let's see how long a wait we have. Derm either used other coordinates or disregarded my orders to wait at this one. So far no response to our call for a transport," the Lieutenant updates him.

Vooko groans "Oh this is intelligent."

"Copy that, Two," Antilles agrees tartly.


As it appears they will be here for a while, Wynn makes sure the younger woman knows how to use what passes for "facilities" on a snub. After a bit of small talk amongst the group, Tia asks if it's okay to go to sleep, and the pilot warmly wishes her a nice nap, saying she wants to work on something.

To Blue Lead's suprise, her astromech transmits a long textfile to her datapad. "What's this? Vooko writes?" she asks the droid, who tweets encouragingly. Intrigued, Wynn begins reading it...

Eventually, it becomes clear the odd starfighter flight will have to make it's own way to the rendevous point after some emergency repairs, most of them to Neckbreaker. Ace and Razzle can easily handle the minor damage to the wishbones--but Vooko must deal with his dampers with only whatever in the cockpit he can reach with a multitool and advice from Tia.

Aboard Solitude Wynn pops the Y's canopy and stretches her body, telling Tia to do the same. "Hard to believe we made it, Gunner. I've never been so glad to leave a snub," she grins. "You can fly with me any time, girlfriend." Atop the ladder, she gives Tia a hand getting out, then calls down to the groundcrewman. "Give the chief a hand getting down, please--and my R2."

On the deck, the pretty pilot moves as quickly as she can to Vooku's A, where he's crawling out of the cockpit. As Wynn approaches, she sees the Crew Chief reel back from the amount of damage to the snub, and probably the smell of the pilot. "Blazing Suns boy, what'd you do?" With a weak, sloppy grin, Vooko replies "Get an ImpStar. Got a TAP (Target Acquisition Point) on the bridge too, paid for it when the magazine advanced."

"You've gotta be the luckiest snubjock in the galaxy!" she greets him, pulling him into an embrace and kissing him. Not realizing they both are still wearing their helmets, there's a moment of embarrassing humor as the helmets clonk.

He says "What?" >clop< "Oh, sorry" and stiffens a bit having very sore muscles suddenly squeezed.

"Huh?"

The lieutenant belatedly removes her own, then points at his helmet. He says, "Oh yeah, give me a hand with it, wouldja?"
"Uh, sure," Gingerly removing her wingman's, she thinks At least it seems he isn't Concussed.

As she steers him toward the hatch leading to the rest of the ship, Vooko tells her "Make sure you get the battleroms pulled and copied ASAP. Last time they just disappeared, and I'll need to go over what happened. Think I hit the Bridge, but zero clue how much hurt I managed to put in there."

Wynn nods, "Yeah, I'll have them pulled. Razzle will have grabbed mine. Might as well take all 3 sets." She turns to a tech as Razzle glides over. "I want those battleroms pulled now, please. Razzle will take them."

She helps her wingman to the quarters they've been given, after thanking the major graciously. She spends some time seeing Vooko settled on the nearest bed with a generous bowl of soup, she heads to her own room, grabbing a large starfruit on the way to the men's door. Her parents had impressed on her the need to see to one's own people first.

But there was still one thing she needed to do for Vooko at least. She commed Lt. Calx, and asked to speak to one of the medics. He put her through--and a familiar warm voice surprised her, even though she had been hoping to hear it. "I heard Prodigal Squadron finally showed up. Sure, I'll come by, dear."

Tia, just out of the 'fresher, greets her on the way to bed. "I saved you a little food, Wynn. Oh, you can have first pick of the clothes--I'm gonna sleep for a week."

"OK, Chief. Do I tell dear Mr. Radegant he is or isn't to disturb you?" Wynn asks merrily as she stows her gear and strips out of the flight suit & undergarments. There's no response--Tia is already asleep. Before getting in the shower, the pilot grimaces at the condition of the items and piles them with Tia's discarded clothing. If we're lucky, there's some body splash or something in the 'fresher I can dump over this Bio-Haz Site.

A little later, she signals at the guys' room, having greeted Tobler briefly as he headed somewhere. Wynn, carrying her dinner, is accompanied by a tawny, uniformed Bothan woman carrying a medical bag. The silvering around her face & ear tips suggest she's a generation older, but it's clear the two women are friends. Wynn has changed into a laced-front camisole and a casual, black skirt that comes just above her knees.

Vooko is laying haphazardly on the bed, arms splayed out, one leg off the side, the other hanging from the end, wearing only a strategically-placed Teopari-print towel. He's obviously too tired to care what he's wearing.

Wynn's upbringing, like Vooko Zeelas', has made her almost incapable of not making a proper introduction. "Goldie, this is Kelvin Radegant--sorry, I can't recall your rank, Kel--and my wingman, Flight Officer Vooko Zeelas. This is Capt. Gola Dy'nar," the younger woman looked a question at the medic and waited for a nod before continuing, "known as Doc Goldie. She's the flight surgeon for Blue Squadron. Goldie patched up my head after my last mission with Shooting Stars." Antilles sounds just a little wistful as she mentions her old squadron.

Wynn starts to sit next to Vooko--then notices what he's wearing and blushes.
"You look ready for your check-up, young man," Goldie tells him, opening her bag. "Wynn, child, don't hover. You need to sit down over there, with Master Kelvin, and eat that food. It won't do you any good on the tray." As Wynn complies, the surgeon asks her patient, "My counterpart on Mon Venera just cleared you to fly after a bad case of acceleration trauma. Did you like it enough to want a repeat?"
"No, ma'am--but it beats Imperial Interrogation by several parsecs." The surgeon gave a throaty chuckle.

As Goldie examines the younger pilot, Wynn talks quietly with Kelvin, discussing whether they want to "recon" the station while Vooko and Tia rest and Tobler finishes his errand. Wynn spots a slightly cracked Eden Base Caf Mug sitting on the table. Kelvin, when she pointed it out, responds "Found it stuffed into my pack. Probly Vooko's doing, the Cafmonster."
"Well, I'm as bad with the fizzies you know," Wynn grins back at him. She's starting to like Kelvin a lot. Not at all the way she feels about his "semi-cousin," however; it's more like her affection for her brother Trevor.

Done with the exam, Doc Goldie tells Vooko, "You need to take it easy for a few days, is all. I'll leave you some mild pain meds." She calls over to Wynn, "Your turn, Lieutenant. I haven't given you a Final Clearance yet."

"Here? Now?" Wynn asks.

"Yes, let's get it over with. Now lie on the next bed, dear," was the firm reply.
Wynn shrugged and complied, it wasn't like she had to strip. "I better get that clearance, for this," she grinned up at Goldie as the Bothan scanned her. As she assured Lt. Antilles that she was cleared to fly, the surgeon prepared a hypospray for her. "What's this?" Wynn complained. "I'm sick of shots after the past couple weeks!"

Bending over to administer the shot, the Bothan smiled and whispered, "This is just in case, dearie..." and winked. The wink was accompanied by an odd fur-ripple about the ears that Wynn, during her Eden hospitalization, had privately classed as "dirty joke indicator." Aloud, Goldie added, "It's just a Vitamin Booster, and your wingmate is getting one, also."

Vooko said, "Good, I can use a pick-me-up." He was taken aback when Kel laughed out loud and Wynn blushed brightly as she rubbed the sore deltoid. "What?" he asked sleepily as Goldie gave him his "Vitamin Shot."

Sitting up, composure regained, Wynn observed, "Kelvin's had it rough on that flight. I think he could use some vitamins, too."

"Well, I only brought a few things. I could use a hypodermic needle..."
Wynn got up and moved over to sit on Vooku's bed with a mischevous glint in her eye, "This escapade demands a celebration. Tonight or tomorrow? Either way, the Hot Pilot from the run needs to receive the accolades of his Loyal Subjects."

Vooko yawns and stretches a bit. "Right. Take Kelvin with you. If anyone can find out where the Good Stuff is stashed & swindle some away, it's him." Glancing over at the crumbs and Eden Base caf mug left on the table, "I need to find the Galley...once I can slither into something less breezy." He sits up and winces, then checks that the towel is properly arranged.

Realizing it's Teopari-print, then taking in the rest of his surroundings he can help but grunt sarcastically "Some decor! Which no-star hotel did they swipe this stuff from and who put this together, Jawa of Tattooine?"
Wynn giggled and told Vooko, "You sound almost as bad as my mother's pal Lady Karris. Just about everything not personally picked out by her was mega-tacky." She stroked Vooko's hair, pushing the locks away from his face. "You look like you're about to fall asleep, Vooko. Want Kel to escort me around so you can rest?"

With a contented smile on his face, he takes her hand and kisses it, "Naw, just need to toddle over to the galley & eat while you scam together a shindig. Kelvin knows my comm code better than his own."
"You sure? I can call for more food, so you can get some rest--you heard what Goldie told said," Wynn told him, smiling at the kiss.

"I'll be fine, after the Rockhopper Run, this isn't so bad. Not that I'd want to do this again, mind you."

Doc Goldie, favored them with a carnivore's grin as she left. "Typical snubbie-jockeys. You should all get some sleep, just sleep. Be mindful if you must party--I've a limited supply of hangover remedies."


OOC: Co-authored with Ris via IM, Wynn's lines are by her & with her permission.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
25 July 2005, 11:43 PM
Aboard Solitude....

Kelvin didnt think there were words that could express his joy of being able to climb out of the Y-wing. Even if it was a spacious 4 metal walls and reaked heavily of grease, machine parts and fuel that floated in space. It kindof reminded him of his second home- Hearth and Home, the TanCredi's HT-2200 mobile home & garage durring race season.

Unbluckling then climbing out of the fighter, he waved in return to the mechanics who were just climbing up between the engine nacelle to give the craft a once over. Kelvin made sure to put a little extra 'jiff' in his stride as technicians were already climbing all over it, from behind he could hear the tech's bewildered curse "who the frell flew this thing?!?", Kelvin grinned in amusement and didn't look back.

See'ing the others heading for the hanger exit, Kelvin made a dash over to the Neckbreaker, bolted up the side ladder in two steps, as techs were examining it. Kelvin coughed, Jeeze Vook you stinker you. Guess I've smelt worse things as he reached in behind the seat to the compartment. He grabbed is rather 'compacted' dufflebag, and Vook's, hoping nothing was too broken...

Reunited with his pals, having been welcomed aboard and showed accomodations. Exiting the hanger and on the way to the assigned quarters, Kelvin couldn't help think I was forgetting something- but what? He shrugged his shoulders and dismissed it. Soon as they got to the rooms, Vook hit the fresher while Kelvin dug through his gear, looking for somethin fresh to put on- well there was his last unwashed changed of cloths- which reaked as bad as the Neckbreaker's cockpit, almost. Kelvin found a loose shirt and a pair of trousers in one of the drawers and changed on the spot, leaving the shirt half buttoned. Kelvin continued to unpack a few essentials from the bags, finding a cracked eden base mug and set it on the desk for the moment.

By then, Vook exited the shower, and flopped onto the nearest bed. Kelvin started to say somethin but Vook's eyes were already half closed. A knock at the door. Kelvin stepped over to the fresher, grabbed a fresh towel and draped it over his cousin's privies. A female Bothan with a med bag accompiend Wynn. Kelvin wondered where Tia was.


"Goldie, this is Kelvin Radegant--sorry, I can't recall your rank, Kel--and my wingman, Flight Officer Vooko Zeelas. This is Capt. Gola Dy'nar," the younger woman looked a question at the medic and waited for a nod before continuing, "known as Doc Goldie. She's the flight surgeon for Blue Squadron. Goldie patched up my head after my last mission with Shooting Stars."

"Nice to meet you Doc Goldie." Kelvin replied, "Eh, 'enlisted' will do."

As Doc examined Vookoo, Wynn joined him by the far wall where a tray of food was sitting. A bit of humor and laughter followed, as "a pick-me-up" Kelvin silently mused Vook standing 'at attention' while the two ladies were still in the room. There was nothin like a classic mis-interpretation for a good laugh. Wynn blushed, probably catching the joke.

A bit of discusion between a now upright Vookoo and Wynn. "So... Wanna go hunting for those supplies, and explore this place while we're at it?" Kelvin asked, soon as the Doc left...

Ris
26 July 2005, 02:58 AM
Wynn smiles at Kelvin, rising. "Sure, let's go--well, did you get a chance to clean up properly? I can't impose by not letting you clean up," she told him firmly. Guys! Honestly! "I'll make sure your 'cuz' is settled in for his nap, so get to it!" she tells him good-naturedly. Wynn then turns to her wing, handing him a couple of the capsules Goldie had left along with a small bottle of flavored water. "They won't do you much good in the bottle, Vooko," she reminds him, sitting back down and putting her arm around him. Mmm, he's sweet she thinks, a bit drowsily.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
27 July 2005, 02:32 PM
"Sure, let's go--well, did you get a chance to clean up properly? I can't impose by not letting you clean up,"
Kelvin took a moment to think about it, reached for his hygene kit from the dufflebag, "Well, gimme a few mins then..." as he headed over to the refresher, "...back in two shake's of a rancor's-" as the door closed behind him.

Roughly 15mins later, Kelvin stepped out, toweling his hair, "You were right! wasn't exactly a skinnydip in the river but eh, good enough..." Kelvin balled & tossed the towel overshoulder back into the 'fresher behind him... "Guess it's whenever yer ready now..." Kelvin risked glanced a look over to Wynn and Vook, saw them both dozed off. Stepping lightly, he crossed the room to the duffle bags with a mischeivious grin, pulled out a holocamra from Vook's bag, quickly checked it over, hoped it still works and snapped a shot of the two... Priceless.... Kelvin thought to himself. I really gotta get me one of these things Kelvin mused, as many priceless moments had passed before Kelvin before... Kelvin stifled a chuckle as an amusing prank dawned on him, a strategically placed hand of Wynn's and use of a blaster pistol to tent the tiopary print sheet... But Kelvin shelved the idea...

Making his way over to the bed, he gave Wynn's shoulder a gentle rub/squeeze, and placed a finger over his mouth... as she stirred, Kelvin made a glance/tilt eye & face motion towards the door...

Ris
27 July 2005, 06:13 PM
Wynn arches her neck into the hand a little & murmers, "Feels good, Vooko..." then opens her eyes to meet Kelvin's. Oh, my, I cna't believe... Wynn gets up carefully moving so as not to wake the man, and leaves quietly with Kelvin. "Sorry. Just dozed off. Where to?"
As they move off, she asks Kelvin, "So what's a semi-cousin? How are you 2 really related?"

coldskier0320
29 July 2005, 04:01 PM
From exploring the myriad passages of Solitude Station, Wynn and Kelvin discover that the crew of the Pachyderm, escaping the same situation as them, had also decided to throw a party. They'd invited everyone aboard to cargo hold four, which the staff of the station had long ago converted to a party hall, with plenty of room for off-duty crewers. Apparently, this station was near some sort of spacelane, too, as their bar was fully and completely stocked, with a better selection than Kelvin had seen on most of the planets he'd been on since throwing in with the Rebels. Though everyone they'd talked to suggested they head down to the party tonight, they still provided drinks and food (albeit of questionable taste) at the mess hall.

When the pair had entered the repair bay to check on their fighters, they saw the three ships suspended in repulsor fields, with all manner of maintenance gantries extending out to them. Scores of techs hurries about them, removing and discarding damaged components, and installing new replacements from the station's stores. As they looked on, a voice at their backs made both of the young Rebels start.

"They haven't seen much action lately, so they're excited to actually be fixing real battle damage instead of running diagnostics.", Nyod Tumb says.

Continuing, he adds, "I hear the crew of that transport you saw off is throwing a party in your honor. I suppose I'll see you...and your friends there?"

Ris
31 July 2005, 04:05 AM
Lt. Anitlles was impressed with the tech crew. She wasn't close enough to see if their skill matched their enthusiasm, and was about to ask if she could go up. Granted the Y's weren't hers--but Wynn had been raised to take good care of whatever she used. And flying for the Alliance, which still had limited resources compared to the Empire, made the old virtue a necessity, to her way of thinking. Besides, she owed it to Vooko to see that his personal ship was well-taken care of while he rested. Before she asks, Nyod mentions the party.
"For us?" Wynn asked. "Well, I guess if someone's wanting to fete us, the least we can do is show up. What do you say, Kelvin? It's mannerly. Do you want to rouse Vooko while I get Tia? No, you'd rather rouse Sleeping Beauty, right?" She nudges him as she would have her brother Trevor.
Wynn turns back to Nyod with a smile. "Pass the word we'll be there. And make sure the techs take a break. In fact, have them hold off on the A altogether, until her pilot gets here, OK?"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
1 August 2005, 09:46 PM
Wynn arches her neck into the hand a little & murmers, "Feels good, Vooko..." then opens her eyes to meet Kelvin's. Oh, my, I cna't believe... Wynn gets up carefully moving so as not to wake the man, and leaves quietly with Kelvin. "Sorry. Just dozed off. Where to?"
As they move off, she asks Kelvin, "So what's a semi-cousin? How are you 2 really related?"

Kelvin smiles lightly, shrugged the question for the moment as he led them both outside to go exploring. Be it forest, station, or starport, it was always an adventure to explore. A curiosity Kelvin never could curb. Solitude was no different... And somehow, Kelvin never did answer that question as they explored the hallways, sections, all denoted by sturdy familiar bulkheads overhead like the rib cage of some beast...

Kelvin acceptd the invitation to join Pach's crew in cargo hold four. Party, shindig, whatever, Kelvin was always up for one.


"They haven't seen much action lately, so they're excited to actually be fixing real battle damage instead of running diagnostics.", Nyod Tumb says.

Continuing, he adds, "I hear the crew of that transport you saw off is throwing a party in your honor. I suppose I'll see you...and your friends there?"

"Yup! we'll be there!"


"For us?" Wynn asked. "Well, I guess if someone's wanting to fete us, the least we can do is show up. What do you say, Kelvin? It's mannerly. Do you want to rouse Vooko while I get Tia? No, you'd rather rouse Sleeping Beauty, right?" She nudges him as she would have her brother Trevor.

"Uhh, yeah guess I could. Was she that tired when we got here?" Kelvin asks, voice trailing off slightly... Thinks for a moment- "But if I wake Tia, you wake Vook, dontcha think we're going to be late and hold up the party? Not that it'd be a bad thing, except if they're waiting on us..."

Ris
4 August 2005, 12:54 PM
"Late? Must be some wake-up call you plan for the Chief," Wynn chuckles. "Well, if you don't think you can control yourself, then I guess I'll have to wake her & break the news that Prince Wonderful is shy. Oh, well, at least I won't have to see that tacky Teopari print towel again tonight." Back at the rooms, she enters the room she's sharing with Tia. But it's empty.

Wynn leaves & taps on the guys' room door.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 August 2005, 02:24 PM
Slightly blushing nervously, "Well, you think you alone with Vook and that Teopari print would be doing anything less?" Kelvin joked in response...

Kelvin heads back to his room as does Wynn to hers. He sighed a breath of relief once inside the door. He felt alot for Tia, their brief relationship took off like sparks to fuel. He had to ponder about it, the opertunity passed, should he have gone to her room and just go with whatever happened next? He was a bit nervous about it for some darned reason which escaped him why. Ahh well, gotta get Vook ready for the party...

Party... Just then, Kelvin had a brilliant idea. He couldn't help stifling the humor this time,

Not wasting another moment, he strode over to Vook's dresser, his voice raised slightly "Rise'n'shine bro! We're goin to a shindig, and ya best put somethin on! Wynn really didn't care for the Teopari ya'know"

Kelvin kept on laughing... Opening the drawer, grabbing a spare linen sheet, tossing it to Vook - it partly unfolding in mid flight, "C'mon Vook, we could always make it a Trogan party!"

"Speakin of which, I oughta get dressed, err downdressed too!" Kelvin added, grabbing another linen sheet and shedding his cloths on the spot, then found a clean pair of green boxers - some whacky green print on them, he donned over his head as a jester's crown, "Hey Vook, want one'na these?"

Few minutes later, there was a brief knock on the door... "And there comes our dates! its Trogan time bud! C'mon in!" Kelvin hollard obnoxoiously... adding more quietly, with a grin "hope they won't mind changing again..."

Vanger Chevane
5 August 2005, 03:38 PM
"Rise'n'shine bro! We're goin to a shindig, and ya best put somethin on! Wynn really didn't care for the Teopari ya'know"

Kelvin kept on laughing... Opening the drawer, grabbing a spare linen sheet, tossing it to Vook - it partly unfolding in mid flight, "C'mon Vook, we could always make it a Trogan party!"
Vooko sits up a bit groggily, and yawns. "She's Alderaani, but I didn't think she'd be a Nonsentient-Rights supporter." Looking down at the towel, "Course it could just be an crime against her Laws of Fashion."

Deftly catching the sheet (not even registering whatever tasteless print has abused perfectly good cloth) and winding it about himself quickly and surely, it was clear the two of them had many a Trogan Party in their past. Noting the "Boxer Crown" Kelvin's sporting, and raising an eyebrow Vooko recovers the towel.

Grabbing it by opposing corners, he flips it several times over itself in rapid succession, and then over his head. Tying the two twisted corners together expertly he creates a Teopari-Print Coronet and "decorative centerpiece" featuring two triangular flaps running from behind each ear to the back of his head; suggestive of very short, fat, and hideously tattooed Lekku.

He stands, stretches, and yawns as there's a knock on the door. He can't help but smile mischevously, just as he knows Kelvin is doing, when Wynn enters the room and goggles at the sight.


It's scary what some of the things I learned in the Military are useful for. :P

Ris
6 August 2005, 03:54 AM
Wynn doesn't worry about Tia's absence, figuring their hosts commed the room to invite them. She hoped Vooko was up to a little partying, since he was the Hot Pilot & deserved it. Her face flushed a little as she recalled leaninga gainst him, maybe she should have stayed there. She really liked Vooko, a lot...He was not only polite and fun, he was good-looking, and not at all conceited about. Most beings thought it was the hot females who were vain--but most of the really good-looking guys were worse.


"C'mon in!" Kelvin hollard obnoxoiously...
What's with him all of a sudden? Wynn wonders. The answer is appalling. As the child of a noble family who often visited the Palace and attended diplomatic functions, Wynn had learned early on, to take the strangest--to her point of view--garb in stride. But Kel and Vook's is too much for her training.

Wynn stands just inside the door for several moments, shocked into silence, fighting to keep from laughing. She tries to imitate her mother's sternest expresssion--but knows, even without a mirror, that she'd failed. The guys' grins tell her that. "Isn't Proper Attire part of Good Manners where you come from!?" Lady Cinowyn finally bursts out.
"This is Proper Attire! Not my fault you never made it to Trogan." Zeelas replies with a raspberry.
"My dad was there--He said they didn't wear headgear!"
"How many decades ago was that?"
Vooko's riposte exasperates her and she stalks right up to Vooko. "Fine, then I'll change into something appropriate! An 'I'm with Stupid' tee with arrows pointing both ways!"
Vooko aims another barb at his esrtwhile leader. "And we'll make sure you wind up standing 'tween the Captain & XO," he warns her, with another raspberry.
"Commander Aklan doesn't have an XO right now! And I'll thank you not to screw up my chance at it..." Wynn turns on her heel and heads for the door, clearly offended. She wants to wind down in company, enjoy herself--not be taunted.

Abruptly, the noble pilot, using her mother's unarmed combat lessons, whirls, darting around the 2 walking fashion disasters. She grabs a pair of pillows from the bed. Amazingly they match--but the colors and design appear to have been inspired by Hutt slime trails and saliva dribbles--so that wasn't a good thing. But before Wynn or the 2 guys notice the atrocious pattern, the pillows go flying straight at Vooko's and Kel's "coronets." Wynn's aim is a little off from her sudden fit of giggles, so Kel is hit in the chest--and one of Vooko's "lekku" unravels a bit.
Wynn, between giggles, face bright red, yells, "That was no way to treat a Lady--so there!" as she carefully watches, ready to evade whatever "return fire" comes her way...

Vanger Chevane
8 August 2005, 04:42 PM
"Commander Aklan doesn't have an XO right now! And I'll thank you not to screw up my chance at it..." Wynn turns on her heel and heads for the door, clearly offended. She wants to wind down in company, enjoy herself--not be taunted
Vooko's eyes narrow and his grin sours a bit, Already worrying about Position and Status? It's a party, sposed to be fun not a forum for negotiating a promotion. Aren't you taking your Career a little too seriously here?


Wynn's aim is a little off from her sudden fit of giggles, so Kel is hit in the chest--and one of Vooko's "lekku" unravels a bit.
Wynn, between giggles, face bright red, yells, "That was no way to treat a Lady--so there!" as she carefully watches, ready to evade whatever "return fire" comes her way...
Snatching up the pillow as it bounces off his shoulder and raising an eyebrow, his hidden fingers deftly undoing the knot and holding the ends of the sheet together. "And what kind of dissertation would a 3PO have for you about this?" Turning toward his bag he lets go of the pillow and flings the sheet at Wynn, then walks over to his bag stark naked.

Digging out his one-and-only Non Issue Shipsuit and a folded square of plain, yet comfortable-looking cloth and tossing them onto his bed, he remarks to Kelvin. "Change of plan, and dress. Best find something Boring to wear."

Ris
8 August 2005, 08:22 PM
Wynn, mentally thrown off-balance by the sight of the sheet billowing at her, instead of the pillow she'd fully expected, re-examines what she's said with a new perspective. Disappointed at what she finds there, she barely registers catching the sheet almost out of reflex... At first she doesn't realize what might have offended her wingman, then...Sithspawn! What a stupid thing to say. "Don't ruin my chance to get a new title!" They want to have a good time too. And I'm spoiling it! Just like that time Trev & I organized that processional for the litle kids, all of us pretending we were the Viceroy, or envoys or courtiers like Uncle Leto--he even said it was okay for Trevor to borrow that royal surgeon badge. Then Lady Karris tells us it's "unseemly for children of our ranks." Viceroy Bail even thought it was great when he heard about it that night--but everything was spoiled by then.

Wynn, still upset at her own rudeness, doesn't even realize he's naked as she automatically catches the sheet... She swallows, drops her head, then looks back up at Vooko. "I am sorry, Vooko. I wasn't thinking of you and this party is really for all of us--it should be one you'll enjoy, too. I--I should have realized, you weren't seriously gonna embarass me that way. And I wasn't thinking about you either, Kelvin. I apologize--you shouldn't have had to see this, and it's my fault." It's clear that the words are difficult for her to say--but also that she means them.


"Change of plan, and dress. Best find something Boring to wear."
"No, Vooko, we've already got someone dressed Boring. A ridiculous lieutenant. And I'd really rather she didn't show up at this party. So, could you please show me how to put one of these things on, guys?"

Vooko grabs himself another sheet & quickly rigs himself up. He then turns to Wynn with a mischevous grin, and replies, "Sure, but the design may depend on how much you plan to keep."
"What do you suggest? You're the expert on Proper Trogan Attire."
"Traditionally, it's All The Way Down, but it's really at your discretion."
"Well, then--all the way down. I really must insist that this be done Quite Properly!"This time the stuffy tone is clearly a joke--on herself. Wynn holds out the sheet. "Here, one of you hold this." Once her hands are empty, Wynn pulls the tank top up enough to show her midriff, waiting for their reaction.
Her wingman holds up the sheet to give her a modicum of privacy. The design is clear on the spread-out sheet--cuddly-looking fluffy leaping nerfs in pastel colors with numbers on them. A kiddie print. Wynn blushes, but continues removing her outfit. letting it fall to the floor. She holds her arms out to the sides, to allow Vooko to wrap the pastel thing around her.
Vooko rigs it so it won't hamper her. It will, she realizes, show a fair bit, but isn't racy. Once finished, he gives her a gentle hug from behind, no grope, and overly-romantically jests, "There, all set," right into her ear.
Wynn giggles softly as the whisper tickles, & turns & whispers back, "Nice bod."
Vookko tells her, "I'm not the only one." Wynn realizes that from where he's standing, he could pretty much see right down her sheet....if he was of a mind to. But she trusts Vooko. Gently, she extricates herself, links one arm through his amd holds her other out to Kelvin. "C'mon, guys--let's get there before they drink up everything toasting us in absentia!"

Vanger Chevane
8 August 2005, 08:39 PM
"Ummm...we've only one small problem."

Kelvin, taken off-guard by the change in topic, or having whatever train-of-thought he was throughly enjoying completely derailed. "What's that?"

"Aside from Medbay, Starship & Station Decks aren't built for Bare Feet. Boots are hideously UnTrogan."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 August 2005, 12:30 AM
The door opened, Wynn entered. Kelvin wasn't quite sure to make out what the expression was, but the next few moment's worth of words, well... Then a surprise barage of pillows lauched from Wynn. Getting pelted in the chest, Kelvin fiens a surprised look, which split seconds later after vook launched a return fire, yanked off the Trogan tossing it at Wynn...


"Change of plan, and dress. Best find something Boring to wear."
"Huh, joy... So much for that idea..." Kelvin mumbles...

Kelvin watches the exchange gone somewhat sour, Wynn not taking well to the Trogan gig. aww frak, this was supposed to be fun...

Kelvin busies himself by fidling with his dufflebag as the two, as Wynn surprisingly spoke to him,
Wynn, still upset at her own rudeness, doesn't even realize he's naked as she automatically catches the sheet... She swallows, drops her head, then looks back up at Vooko. "I am sorry, Vooko. I wasn't thinking of you and this party is really for all of us--it should be one you'll enjoy, too. I--I should have realized, you weren't seriously gonna embarass me that way. And I wasn't thinking about you either, Kelvin. I apologize--you shouldn't have had to see this, and it's my fault." It's clear that the words are difficult for her to say--but also that she means them.

Trying to keep it in good stride, shrugging his shoulders, a lopsided grin "Ehhh, don't worry 'bout it. Take it from a profesional, I royally screwd up on first introductions, remember?"


"No, Vooko, we've already got someone dressed Boring. A ridiculous lieutenant. And I'd really rather she didn't show up at this party. So, could you please show me how to put one of these things on, guys?"
"Hey! now we're talkin cordinated style! Trogan Fashion!" Kelvin pipes up in response, "Ehh, guess thats yer job bro" Kelvin added at the mention of 'guys'.

Kelvin felt a tad out of place, specially from the slight tease just before stepping behind the sheet- As Vook went to it, being the gentleman holding it up while Wynn stripped, Wynn was good looking and all, but he didn't really want to look or stare in her direction in respect for her and Vook.

Thinking back, to a well noted incident from mom- well vook's mom. She sorta fixed that hard to resist temptation of his to look. It was one fine day in the garage under the speeder's hood, as usual vook's mom bent over the engine, her coveralls partly unzipped with a fair bit of cleavage , while asking him to do or help her with something. So he did, happy to help- Only to get drenched in used engine fluid. Kelvin was sure he was set up for it too, and probably wasn't the first victim either. Frakkit! Wish Tia was here so I could be helping her, as Vook is doing for Wynn... Kekvin remarked to himself, having opted to rumaging through the dresser drawer.



Gently, she extricates herself, links one arm through his amd holds her other out to Kelvin. "C'mon, guys--let's get there before they drink up everything toasting us in absentia!"

Kelvin chuckled at that, then,
"Ummm...we've only one small problem."

Kelvin, taken off-guard by the change in topic, or having whatever train-of-thought he was throughly enjoying completely derailed. "What's that?"

"Aside from Medbay, Starship & Station Decks aren't built for Bare Feet. Boots are hideously UnTrogan."

"Hmm, well...." Kelvin started, thinking quickly for options, "I don't suppose the staff would appreciate us bustin up the drawer panels for wrapped foot flats... But nothin says we can't still wrap our feet. I think we've dtill some linen sheets and towels in the drawer for padding and wrapping...right?" Kelvin finishes with a thoughtful grin turned mischeivious as he added. "Else, we can always raid Wynn's room or the nearest linen supply closet..."

Suffice to say, Kelvin wasn't gonna let some cold hard floor paneling ang gratings get in the way of some much needed fun...

"Man, I can't wait to see the look on Tia's and Tobler's faces..." Kelvin kept grinning, almost giddy... "Speaking of which, shouldn't we at least stop by Tobler's room to see if he's still there?"

Ris
9 August 2005, 02:52 AM
But nothin says we can't still wrap our feet. I think we've still some linen sheets and towels in the drawer for padding and wrapping...right?" Kelvin finishes with a thoughtful grin turned mischeivious as he added. "Else, we can always raid Wynn's room or the nearest linen supply closet..."
"Lemme guess, boot socks aren't Trogan either? Why my room? We've got matched linens--which Won't Do for this. Well, I could look for sexy ball-room slippers, they gave us lots of clothes, but..." She gets a mock-thoughtful look on her face. "I still can't stand Kel's hat--but it might make good footwear..."

Vanger Chevane
15 August 2005, 04:02 PM
Garbbing a pair of hand towels and snapping the folds out of them, lays them out on the bed.

"Kelvin, dunno how well you remember your Grandma's Wraps, Sock-Boy. I'll probly have to help Wynn if she doesn't catch onto this quickly."

Snapping his wrists semi-dramatically "Watch now."

Footwrap Demo (http://www.geocities.com/rodinko_69/footwraps)

Pulling a pair of flimsi-clips from his bag he secures the corners so they won't come loose. "Got it?"

Ris
16 August 2005, 09:49 AM
"No," Wynn replies, that impish twinlke in her eye once more. "You better do it or we won't get there before everything's drunk up. And don't forget--we gotta make return toasts of we want to get any drinks. You don't drink toasts to yourself, remember?"

Vanger Chevane
17 August 2005, 03:01 PM
"Right. Kelvin, towels if you please?" He sits down on the bed and indicates a space next to him while carefully keeping eye-contact with Wynn.

"Foot please. Kelvin, seems the Lady is missing an appropriate Headdress. Can you do something about that?"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
17 August 2005, 06:12 PM
"Of course I remember Vook! Almost as if it were yesterday infact"

Watching Vook demonstrate a foot-wrap... "Don't worry Wynn, I bet they're barely getting started. Of course you realize, the real party wont start til after we arrive, right Vook?" Kelvin grins mischeviously

"Oh, right! here ya go!" Kelvin reaches into the drawer, pulls out a few more sheets, then plops down by Vook, "Hmm, headpeice for Wynn...Y'know Vook, I'm thinkin a stuffed bikini top would do the trick. Lacier the better. Wouldn't you agree?" Glancing over to Wynn, "Umm, you or Tia have something like that don't you?"

Ris
18 August 2005, 07:48 AM
This might just be fun. Whatever go into me earlier? It's not like I've never acted silly off-duty before. Heck, even Guay didn't turn into a straight-laced school-master when he became Stars CO. And I'll never hear the end of what a ridiculous wench I was, if he hears about it, Wynn thinks as she sits beside Vooko, extending her foot prettily. "A headdress! I know my father told me the Trogan women go bareheaded, no matter what," she objects--but this time it's clearly in fun. "Oh, all right, but you guys owe me a drink each," she grins. "Lace? Of course, I have lace--see-thru even. How'd you 2 miss noticing that about my top?" She points imperiously to her discarded outfit. "Over there. On the floor. What do you think that camisole I pulled off is made out of? Chandrillan spun-honey? And a tankini top is hardly bigger than a bikini's bra. And make it a tiara, Kelvin-my-sweet. And classy. I always dress classy--no matter how tacky my clothing."

coldskier0320
30 August 2005, 07:32 PM
After finishing their "duds", the heroes of the Battle of Eden head up for the converted cargo podserving as the banquet hall for Solitude Station. En route, both Tobler and Tia fall into step with the group, both geting a good laugh at their comrades' ridiculous garb.

At the pod, several tables are arranged around a low, square "stage" in the middle of the cavernous room. Industrial floodlights hang high overhead, dimmed down to a comfortable level, stil, voices echo across the expanse making a fairl noisy din in th room. As the group crosses over to the assembled group, Captain Alkin calls out, "Ah, the guests of honor! Wearing such finery! Please, come here let me buy you all a drink. What'll it be?"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
6 September 2005, 01:01 AM
Kelvin grinned at Wynn's request. Picked quickly through the cloths pile and fashioned a headpeice.

frell, would be more fun with Tia around... Kelvin mused.

Enroute to the party, Tia and Tobler finally joined them. Kelvin helped hamm up the good laugh. It was too late to go back and prep the others.

Reaching the pod, and being asked for beverage preferances,
"Got any spiked ale, or does the ale need spiking yet? Or what about the local supply of brewed starshine? Is it any good?" Kelvin asked jokingly, half expecting either one of the to former choices would be fine, though he'd be highly surprised if there actually were starshine here, both regular kind and 'JetJuice' type and both usually very illegal - least where service was concerned. All one needed was a few pipes and a little supply of veggies or fuel. The thought alone mused him for various reasons.

Vanger Chevane
6 September 2005, 02:12 PM
"Got any spiked ale, or does the ale need spiking yet? Or what about the local supply of brewed starshine? Is it any good?"
Recalling & parodizing a line from one of Kelvin's favorite datapad games when they were younger "Redheaded Snubjock needs food badly."

Ris
6 September 2005, 04:01 PM
Wynn thanks the Captain graciously, then adds, "I'd like some wine, please."


"Redheaded Snubjock needs food badly."

"Which redehaded snubjock needs food badly?" she grins at her wing. "C'mon, let's get you seated & a nice big plate of food to share." Wynn is thinking of an old Alderaanian custom

Vanger Chevane
7 September 2005, 02:50 PM
"Which redheaded snubjock needs food badly?" she grins at her wing. "C'mon, let's get you seated & a nice big plate of food to share." Wynn is thinking of an old Alderaanian custom
With mock hurt on his face "I know Kelvin's appetite pretty well, but didn't know Tobler had stopped by for a banquet."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 October 2005, 12:40 AM
"The both of 'ya need food badly, and plenty of somethin to wash it down with too!" Kelvin piped up in the pair's direction, "Speakin of which, we could use some of both too-" Looking around for an odd moment... "Tia was just here a moment ago, and Tobler... Now where'd you suppose they ran off to?" Kelvin asked, stuptified with disbelief.

Looking to find a suitable table, previously one big enough for the five of them, now he wasn't too sure what to look for, slightly disapointed "Vook, Wynn, is there anything else either of you know about Tia that nobody's told me?"

Glancing around again, few spots in mind near the wall, "Umm, table for three or for six?"

Ris
8 November 2005, 08:16 PM
The CO replies to Wynn's and Kel's drink requests with a sad smile. "Sorry, none of either, sad to say. But we've got the best cider this side of Correlia. How 'bout a glass or 3 for each of you?"

"Okay, sir. Vooko, do you want some?"
"None for me, maybe tomorrow. Any caf?"
Wynn grins, "As much caf as you drink, I don't know how you sit still in a snub."
Kelvin chimes in "Well, there's this tube..." & is cut off by a sharp glance from Vooko.
"That's not at all what I meant!" Antilles laughs, blushing, as they start to look for a table. "And since when are you an expert about snub equipment? A few hours ago you didn't have a clue."

Another Rebel brings Wynn a large glass of the cider at Comm. Aklan's gesture. She smiles her thanks at him--but turns it to a warning frown as he became too interested in the "neckline" of her outfit, and he turns away, flushing.


"Vook, Wynn, is there anything else either of you know about Tia that nobody's told me?"
Wynn feels sorry for him, he sounded so plaintive. "Tobler seems to prefer solitude. As for Tia, she's just tired all out, Kelvin. And I think our ride out was a little too much for her--she's not used to fighting like I am. Let's get a table for 4 at least--but don't be surprised if she doesn't stay long." When Kel looks a bit doubtful, Wynn reassures him further. "Look, if a good night's sleep doesn't sort her out, I'll call Goldie to make sure that's all it is.
"Now, get your cousin seated, while I get us all some food." The Lt. looks for a "buffet" and confiscates several serving platters for their table, with help from a couple of [i]Solitude[i]'s crew.

Then Wynn Antilles settles in for a few hours of partying. Her desire to have fun--and make up for her earlier behavior--were enough to explain what happened. Or maybe it was just the insidious nature of hard cider. At any rate, she finds her feet aren't very useful. "These silly towels of yours, guys," she complains, slurring the words just a bit. "I need to get them off, then I can walk better."
"Not on the decks, you won't, Wynn," Vooko reminds her. He exchanges a significant look with Kelvin. "Let's get you to your room, then get the foot-wraps off," he coaxes.
"Yeah, you're right, guys," Wynn smiles.
Once they arrive back at their quarters, there is a complication. Wynn's unable to recall the code for her quarters. Unable to raise the Mon Cal lieutenant--probably still partying, or rouse the sleeping Tia, Kel & Vooko decide the best thing is to let her sleep it off in the extra bed. Tobler had mentioned earlier that he'd arranged for other, presumably quieter, quarters.
Once she's curled up in bed, footwear removed, Wynn falls asleep.