PDA

View Full Version : Possible Spoiler: Now This Might Seem a Little Weird...

Darth Fierce
14 November 2004, 01:48 PM
To preface this thread, I didn't know if I should post this in the current forum or in the Old Republic and Rise of the Empire forum, as the following is pure speculation on my part...

Okay, maybe it was the fact that my brain was a little addled with illness this weekend, or maybe it's just the fact that I'm a little weird this way, but I kept on theorizing in my head as to what race/species makes up General Grievous' organic parts for the last few days...

Before I present my theory, let me present a couple other possibilities I've come across in my research:

1. The website http://www.supershadow.com suggests that Grievous is part Omix-patra, which would make him a member of a previously unknown race. However, many people consider this rumor to be false, as the website also suggest that his true name is Grievous...which I highly doubt. I think it's probably a pseudonym for him.

2. Others have suggested that he is part Geonosian which I doubt too. He just really doesn't look like one at all, IMHO.

My opinion, take it for what you will, is that Grievous is in fact part Tusken Raider. My reasoning for this is three-fold. For one thing, it would explain why his droid bodyguards look vaguely like this race. Additionally, it would explain in part why he acts like he wants to kill Anakin so badly. Finally, keep in mind that we've never seen the face of a member of the race I theorize Grievous is, and Episode III might finally reveal what Tuskens look like, as Grievous is supposed to be unmasked at some point during the film.

Then again, it's quite possible we'll never know where Grievous' organic parts come from. After all, we still have no idea what race Yoda belongs to...

Anyone else have any theories regarding the matter of Grievous???

Darth Fierce :vader:

guaeko
14 November 2004, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure if I'm going to trust any of the info on that site. It mentioned several things that we know (or think we know) to be false, such as the sequels coming out in the next 15 years.

I do, however like very much your theory.

Nova Spice
14 November 2004, 03:13 PM
My initial suspicion was that Grievous was actually Darth Maul.

Crazy?

Yes.

Improbable?

Yes.

Impossible?

No.

As we saw in The Phantom Menace, Maul was bisected by Obi-Wan at the waist. General Grievous happens to be organic from the waist up and his eyes are nearly identical to Darth Maul's.

If LucasFilm hadn't already debunked this theory, I would still cling to it as being a possibility.

Otherwise, I think Fierce's theory is quite possibly the best theory I've seen since the debunking of the Maul rumors. ;)

Master Dao Rin
16 November 2004, 07:14 PM
I highly doubt the movie will let us know.

It's simply not important for the story or his character.

Anything else and your decision is as good as anyone elses ... :)