PDA

View Full Version : OOC:Into the Darkness Thread.

Calhexas
17 November 2004, 01:29 PM
Okay ladies, if you are apart of this thread, then this is where you will put down your character histories and I'll give out the rules, and all that blah blah blah! I trust most of you have played the game before, if not, you can get help from the others through this forum. When everyone is ready, I'll create the IC thread, and we'll get started. Hope to hear from you guys.

Few ground rules.

1. I will roll all your dice, and come up with your results.
2. It will work like this, you will write what you are thinking, what you want to accomplish, and what you need to use to accomplish it. I will make your rolls, and tell you what you did based on the results. I will make all your rolls, and do all the calculations for battle. This way you don't have to put up with tracking down all the modifiers and stuff.
3. I'm not the kind of GM that is all high and mighty and says this happens because I say it does, and I'm god, blah blah blah. If you have any questions about the story or something that should be discussed outside of the game, bring it here. We will work any problems out. I want you all to have fun, I'm not in this to wipe out a group of jedi.
4. If you are unable to post for some reason, you should tell us here. We will put you on hold for as long as needed. If you are gone for more than a week, or two, we will discuss the removal of you, and I will handle it in the story. The best way to avoid the removal of your character is to just give us a heads up.
5. I check the post often, many times a day. Your posts will be reacted to almost immediately. We should discuss play days, or how you want to do this, whether its post every day, or post every other day. Please be prepared to post alot of text, and post often, which brings me to the next point.
6. NO ONE LINERS! Please go into detail throughout the story. I don't want someone to post one sentence and think that its enough. Because the truth is, its not. What would Episode 2 have looked like if the story had been based on a bunch of one liners. It would have been a ten minute long film.
7. I will give bonus xp for...
a.Lengthy, descriptive posts
b.Creative solutions to problems
c.Diplomatic solutions to hostile situations
d.Of course, superior use of a lightsaber
8. I will not tolerate cursing in either the OOC or the IC, and you will be ejected for the use of any unjustified words. Unjustified meaning, the character did not say it, and once the fbomb is dropped, you are gone.
9. XP distribution will be discussed prior to play.
10. EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE, MUST HAVE FUN!

dravas76
17 November 2004, 04:57 PM
OK, here my Character info.

Maldak Vong
Togruta, Male

Background:

His one of the rare male in is species to be a Jedi. Almost every Togruta is sensitive to the force. His master, a Cathar Jedi master, trains Maldak when he was young. Now he is one of the best Jedi the Cathar master have. Maldak was trains in the Coruscant Jedi Temple.

Now he lives in Coruscant and is part of the Jedi Temple staff. His last task was a commercial mission to Nubia. He has to set a new contract for transports and starships of the Jedi Council.

Appearance:

Like most other Togrutas, Maldak has three large head tails, two protruding from the sides of his head and one from the back. Like all other Jedi, Maldak wears his brown Jedi robes and outer tunic. His robes have fancy markings (native markings from his home world).

Force be with you :sabersml:

Vjerzag
19 November 2004, 01:26 AM
Here is mine:

Background:

Klamath Windwalker

Young human male that is found in outer rim as force sensitive child early in his life, brought to Caamas to be trained as Jedi. There was nothing special about him except his development was very quick, now as 17 yeard old he is teaching how to build his lightsabre and and he started to prepare for Jedi trials. But since his Master Kzamyne recently died he is lost without him. With uncertain future he is waiting for Jedi council to meet his new Master. Looking for peace inside him he turned to deep meditation like his master teach him.

Appearance:

Medium build, white male with nice looking face, big brown eyes, black hair and short haircut. Jedi cloack and clothes.

dravas76
19 November 2004, 03:01 AM
I Post that question in a other thread also.

I don`t know if you have a template for posting message in the IC: thread. Some think like that:

Luke jumps on the platform. "Man itís really dark here"
Ok, I think I will open the light. Suddenly lights open.

Narration: in normal style
Talking: Bold
Thinking: italic

Thatís just a suggestion. But that could help to fallow the story.

trogdu
19 November 2004, 04:27 AM
My character:

Jaia Solkin

Jaia Solkin was the third child of a well to do family on Eriadu. When she was discovered by a Jedi when she was less than a year old her parents happily gave her into the care of the Jedi Temple. Thus the only home she has ever known is the temple on Coruscant, and the only family the people therein.

Growing up in such a sheltered environment has left her somewhat naÔve and wanting to believe the best of everybody. She feels a strong connection to the force, meditating often, and trusts it entirely to guide her. Although she has quite strong pacifist leanings she has also developed a strong belief in justice and thus has trained diligently to overcome her initial ineptitude with lightsabers in order to be competent with hers should she ever have need to use in the defence of others. Her life as a padawan thus far has done little to make her more worldly as her master is an aged Ithorian who rarely leaves Coruscant these days, and the few times they have since she became his padawan it has always been a short trip to another core world.

Short and athletic, and only in her late teens, Jaia is not a threatening figure at all and with her warm green eyes peeking out through her long light brown bangs people naturally find themselves trusting her. She tends to be fairly quiet and when she does say something it never is without some thought first. She is always friendly and assumes the best of people, then gets very disappointed should anyone prove her assumption wrong.

Calhexas
19 November 2004, 07:33 AM
That seems fine dravas, good idea. Also don't forget the actions/feats/skills are to be listed at the bottom of your post in parenthesis, so I know what to roll, and what opposing checks to roll as well. Now we are just waiting for Idimur to hit us up, and we're off to adventure.

dravas76
19 November 2004, 07:50 AM
Could you give me a example of that. (actions/feats/skills).

Idimur
19 November 2004, 02:50 PM
Idimur was a young kushiban (that's right a kushiban) when he stowed away on a ship being used by two jedi during an investigation. He was of toddler age, and was discovered tearing into supplies in the ships cargo area. When the padawan of the pair asked to keep him, the master was hesitant to allow this, because such an animal could become a real nuissance. The two jedi were shocked however, having never encountered a kushiban, to hear the animal speak its name. Since it was unusual for jedi to keep personal property, the padawan kept Idimur as its pet.
The master was very strict with where Idimur could and could not go. During missions, Idimur was left to the jedi temple, and was sort of a class pet to many of the younglings. Idimur's face lit up every time he saw Dora, his padawan owner, return though. Idimur spent two years around the lifestyles of the jedi. He watched curiously as Dora meditated, and was constantly sitting, serenely, imitating her. Many times it amused Kareel's master to see Idimur sitting across from Kareel, trying to act like he was meditating too. Kareel was his closest friend, and through her, he learned how to speak basic, while still holding on to a little kushiban dialect. Kareel was Idimur's closest friend for the two years he spent under her care.
One day, Kareel and her master walked into the room, having returned from a long trip to the end of the galaxy. Their mouths dropped as they saw Idimur, in the middle of the room, meditating. It was not the fact that he was meditating that astonished them, but the reality that he was levitating at least three feet off the ground. That was all Kareel's master needed to see. He sent Idimur to the jedi council. There, Idimur's force sensitivity would be dealt with, even if it meant returning Idimur to his home planet.
To Kareel, and her master's surprise, the council not only allowed Idimur to stay on Corouscant, but wanted him to begin training as a jedi. The fact that he had been around the jedi for more than two years, made up for the fact that he was five, and not still in infancy. They decided he had a good enough understanding of the force as it was, and he could prove to be a great jedi one day.
Over the next few years, Idimur proved to be a promising student. He was adept in the ways of the force, and was very efficient in the use of a lightsaber. His agility and speed more than made up for his lack of physical strength. He was actually able to use his own size against his opponent. Idimur excelled throughout his studies, and his past proved to be helpful, having already given him an extensive knowledge of the jedi. Idimur has become an accomplished jedi, and still is only a student. The council has said that they see him becoming a great addition to the jedi order, and a valuable weapon in their arsenal.

dravas76
19 November 2004, 03:38 PM
Idimur you are a secret weapon, like Yoda in the Episode II, he walk with difficulty but the force help him to jump and fight very hard.

Thatís a very good character.

dravas76
19 November 2004, 07:30 PM
I found a error in my character the weight of my character is 170 pound
or 77 Kg not 170kg . Sorry

Calhexas
21 November 2004, 06:01 PM
Alright ladies, looks like everyone has signed in. Here are your new pals for............EVER.

1. Idimur-Idimur, Male Kushiban Jedi Gaurdian 4, 17 years old.
2. dravas76-Maldak Vong, Male Togruta Jedi Gaurdian 4, 27 years old.
3. Vjerzag-Klamath Windwalker, Male Human Jedi Gaurdian 4, 17 years old.
4. Ringlord816-Kain S'jet, Male Human Jedi Gaurdian 4, 18 years old.
5. Trogdu-Jaia Sokin, Female Human Jedi Consular 4, 17 years old.

The story has begun, go well my little friends, a long journey awaits you. (IC: Into the Darkness)

Calhexas
22 November 2004, 07:39 PM
Force Skills

1. Force Strike- On a successful roll, the character has the option to do damage, or knock the opponent to the ground.
If damage is the option, the 3d4 is used. On a successful save, the opponent takes only half damage.
If knocking the opponent to the ground is used, the opponent is sent back 2d4 meters, and knocked prone to the ground. On a successful save, the opponent is not knocked prone, and is moved half the distance of 2d4 meters.
A third option is to pull the blow. You can both do damage and knock the character prone. On a successful roll, the opponent takes one half 3d4 damage, and moved one half of 2d4 meters and knocked prone. On a successful save, the opponent takes one fourth 3d4 damage, or one damage if the result is less, and is moved 1d4 meters, but not knocked prone.

Dark Side Points
These will be awarded in a number of ways.
1. A flagrant use of the force, especially to harm another being (dark force skills).
2. Harming, or killing an innocent character or NPC.
3. Calling upon the dark side.
4. Denying or refusing to help one in need.
There are many exceptions to these rules. I'm not going to be very strict with DSP, but don't expect to go on any killin spree without being properly dealt with. If you have any questions on an action, and are nervous to partake in it. Message me here first, or PM me with the quesiton, and I'll get back immediately.

Calhexas
23 November 2004, 03:33 PM
This will be the order of posts.

1. me
2. idimur
3. dravas
4. trogdu
5. vjerzag
6. ringlord

If there are any objections, please...object.

Ringlord816
24 November 2004, 05:10 AM
sorry calhexas, i'm not quite clear on that last post. do you mean that IC we will be held to that order constantly?

Calhexas
24 November 2004, 07:36 AM
If that's alright with you guys, if you don't like it, make another suggestion. I'm open for anything guys. This is your game, I'm just here to give a story and enforce the rules/guidelines.

dravas76
25 November 2004, 03:27 AM
Sorry Calhexas for my double post, I forgot to introduce me. I am like my character. I try to assimilate everything.

Calhexas
25 November 2004, 08:19 AM
During the last post, there were 4 pilot checks that needed to be successful for a good flight. Idimur was able to take 10 each time and still make good due to a very high modifier.

1.DC 20 for taking off, succeeded with a take ten result of 22.
2.DC 20 for piloting through Corouscant traffic, succeeded with a take ten result of 22.
3.DC 15 for piloting through space to Corellia, succeeded with a take ten result of 22.
4.DC 20 for piloting through Corellia atmosphere and landing in Corellian town docking bay, succeeded with a take ten result of 22.

Due to Idimur's +12 modifier on pilot skill, he was able to succeed at all his checks with ease. I might suggest letting someone else drive once maybe to make the flight a little more challenging. I didn't insert any encounters in space because of the fact that Idimur would have easily defeated most of them. You don't have to pick another pilot, no offense to Idimur, it's just, he's way too freakin good.;)

OH MY GOD, forgot to mention this along time ago. For the sake of keeping the game simple, I am giving you all full vitality at each level. If this is too much of an advantage for you, then let me know, anyone who wants full VP at each level just say so, and I'll change it. If you want to keep your current VP for some insane reason, please let me know.

dravas76
25 November 2004, 09:07 AM
Just a suggestion. Could you put all the check result you have to do before we post reply. You can put that in an OCC: comment at the end of the IC: post.

Because, I donít know the pilot skill of all jedi. So when I post my replay after Idimur asking for piloting the ship. Maybe someone could have a better pilot skill. Good luck we have Idimur.

That just a suggestion

Vjerzag
25 November 2004, 12:01 PM
I did not have full VP, so please recalculate. THX

Calhexas
26 November 2004, 08:52 AM
Okay guys, if Ringlord does not reply by tonight, I will exit him out from the game. He is not posting that much, and what he does post, is very little. If you want to keep him on, please say so, because after midnight, I will have you post without him, and the next part of my narration, he will be disposed of. Don't think that I'm pissed off or anything, just dissapointed by the fact that he hasn't posted in a while. I'm just trying to keep the game moving for you guys. If Ringlord posts on any of the posts we have set up before midnight, I'll assume he still wants to play. Otherwise...goodbye Kain.

Vjerzag
26 November 2004, 11:12 AM
If he does not reply until midnight turn him into dust in front of our eyes and tell us something like this: And suddenly clouds cower all skies around you, you feel overhelming presence of Dark side, and than lighting strike and kain is gone, just small pile of dust is now where just a minute a go, young bold jedi has stand....:D, everybody plese make wisdom check all you that fail feel extremly enraged and ready for everything...Than from nowhere small group of drunken swoopers came along and one of them kick pile of dust which covers his legings, with few strong curses he begin to clean his trousers...rest of their crew histericaly laugh at him...what do you do?

trogdu
26 November 2004, 01:08 PM
I also didn't have full VP so please recalculate mine as well. Thanks.

dravas76
26 November 2004, 07:17 PM
I think I have all ready full VP so please verify mine as well. Thanks.

I don't see any reason to keep the normal VP. Specially with mission we have. We need that point.

And for Ringlord816, If he never give you a good reason for the delay.
:(

Idimur
1 December 2004, 06:24 PM
Just to let everyone know, so you all don't start answering my thoughts, anything I put in red is what I say, and anything I put in Italic Bold is what I'm thinking. Don't want you all trying to answer my thoughts, or commenting on them, it could make Idimur go crazy.
:D

dravas76
2 December 2004, 04:04 AM
It's a good try Vjerzag. I thinking to use the force also in my post, but I was not sure, so I use only my logic. Maybe it's because of my inexperience in RPG. We will see

dravas76
4 December 2004, 08:22 AM
Do we suppose to have a JPG for the map or we imagine that map.

Calhexas
6 December 2004, 08:14 AM
For now, Imagination will be the best I can do. My computer is acting up, and I can only post for sure on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I will try to post on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, but that is not certain. I am currently using a lab at my local college. For this reason, I will try to be descriptive when it comes to letting you know what your surroundings look like. If you have a question, just ask me. Idimur also knows about my problem, I had sent a PM to him about it, and intended to send one to all of the others, but I ran out of time, and my computer crashed before I could get them off. I told him that I would message today, so he roughly knows my schedule. I will send the times I am posting to all of you, so you know when to post by. That way the story stays fluent, and keeps rolling. As of now, I am not going to post anything on the IC until all characters have made their replies. So make sure you read, and reply every day. Weekends I will not be posting due to inability to post. Sorry about this interuption in gameplay. Hopefully I can make the best of it though. Thank you, and keep posting.

dravas76
11 January 2005, 06:11 AM
It's very quiet in the game. Hope Calhexas fix his pc problem.