PDA

View Full Version : 22nd Regiment: Eye of the Storm (IC)



Pages : [1] 2

Ronin
1 December 2004, 06:01 AM
“Only the dead have seen the end of war” - Plato

The six of you accompanied by a normal clone pilot, 5 other commandoes with their sergeant and pilot, and 6 additional pilots (20 clones in total) are assembled in the briefing room of the Republic Acclamator-class Assault Ship Koth’s Honour. You are all either fresh from your final training exercises on Kamino, or some of you are even veterans of Geonosis. Looking at your squad mates you don’t recognise a single one of the identical faces. Everyone seems to have been pulled from different units. Like statues you’re all stood rigid to attention in your granite-grey Katarn armour, next to the marble-white pilots with their yellow-markings.
"Ten-hut! Officer on deck!" shouts a voice identical to your own.
You all snap to attention as a grey-uniformed Republic Captain marches into the room. He takes up a position in front of you, his steely eyes scanning your flawless armour with approval.
"As you were, gentlemen."
“Welcome to the Koth’s Honour, I am Captain Eugene Talmont. Some of you have been shipped in straight from Kamino, others reassigned from your regular units, all for a special mission. We are currently in the Zhar system, just outside the Mid Rim. To the galactic east lies the Tatooine system.”
“Since the outbreak of the Clone War, we have been attempting to establish a presence on Tatooine. Though we’re occupying Geonosis, we’re still extremely close to Separatist space, merely hours away via hyperspace. This makes Tatooine a vital system in the war. But…Tatooine is ruled by the Hutts, with Jabba Desilijic Tiure as the head slug. All diplomatic efforts to bring Tatooine into the Republic have failed…Jabba kindly made a holo-recording of our last ambassador staked out in the dune sea to bake, half-eaten by wamp rats, and sent it directly to Supreme Chancellor’s Palpatine’s office.”
“Since we took the Geonosis droid foundries out of action, the Separatists have been hit hard. They’re by no means buckling, but they are hurting for weapons in the short-term. The Hutts, ever the entrepreneurs, are striking a deal to provide mercenaries and ship arms through Hutt Space to the Separatists.”
“Jabba is leading this enterprise…this we must put an end to before it starts.”
“Ixilij is a Verpine smuggler captain currently working for Jabba, and he his in charge of arranging the deal with the Separatists. We know he will be accompanied by Kabtomal Tsix: a Gotal accountant in Jabba’s employ. Their Separatist contact is a Skakoan Techno-Union representative named Jolawal Ajasos.”
“They are our targets, not Jabba himself.”
An irritated look appears on Talmont’s face, clearly he wants to go after the Hutt; “If Republic forces hit Jabba himself, or his Palace on the edge of the Dune Sea, the other Hutt clans would throw in fully and openly with the Separatists. Jabba currently wields too much power for a direct attack to be viable. But if we take out his go-betweens with the Separatists and arrest his Separatist contact, it’ll sever his business with the Separatists, hurt his profits…and maybe we’ll be able to install a garrison on Tatooine in the future.”
“Damaging Jabba’s business interests and connections will be seen as acceptable, even favourable by the other Hutt clans…whereas his assassination risks turning them against the Republic.”
“Getting back to the here and now: we have intelligence placing Ixilij, Tsix and Ajasos in a cantina in central Mos Espa, in approximately 12 hours.”
He points to the first six yellow-marked pilots; “You will be the crew of a Corellian Engineering Corporation CR20B gunship carrier, designated Centurion. The Centurion will be carrying two Rothana Heavy Engineering LAAT/i attack gunships, designated “Clone Hawk One” and “Clone Hawk Two”. These will be crewed by you and you,” he says, pointing to the single pilots assigned to each six-man commando squad.
There’s a chorus of “Yes sir!”s.
The Centurion is to make its way via hyperspace to Tatooine. As soon as you arrive in-system, you will proceed to covertly enter Tatooine’s atmosphere. The Hutts don’t have any surveillance or detection systems sophisticated enough to notice the Centurion entering the atmosphere, but she’s no combat ship.”
“Our ground agent, who pin-pointed the targets’ meeting place, is capable of harnessing sandstorms from the Northern Dune Sea. This will both conceal the Centurion’s arrival, and cover your deployment. Studies of the local topography suggest the Centurion seek concealment in a region of broken terrain known as Beggar’s Canyon”.
“Flying by instruments gunships CH-One and CH-Two will proceed, in the eye of the harnessed storm, to Mos Espa.”
“Holomaps of Tatooine, Mos Espa and the general target area have been uploaded to your armour’s HUDs and gunship navicomps.”
“So don’t get lost.”
“Our ground agent, who I mentioned earlier, has placed a tracking beacon on the roof of the target building. Theta squad (he points to one the other unit of commandoes) will be in “Clone Hawk One”. You are to create a perimeter around the target building and provide covering fire for the extraction.”
“Meanwhile, Kappa squad will fly in “Clone Hawk Two”. You are to assault the building, eliminate Ixilij and Tsix, arrest Ajasos and terminate any other resistance. Load Ajasos aboard Clone Hawk Two, signal the Centurion, and immediately exfiltrate. Rendezvous co-ordinates have been uploaded to your HUDs and gunships.”
“Any further mission details, I leave to your squad leaders.”
“We have detailed files on the three targets, I suggest you study them before we reach Tatooine. Also get yourselves down to the armoury, load up with your equipment, but remember: this is a fast-in, fast-out mission.”
“There are a few additional factors. Firstly: the Republic is the only organisation in the Galaxy with a highly trained, combat-effective clone force. If the Separatists get their hands on a single live clone, they could develop their own cloned forces, or a biological weapon specifically targeting our clone forces. This cannot be allowed to happen. The enemy must not take live captives,” he points at all of you; “Remember troopers: you are Republic property, not citizens. That’s all I’ll say on this point.”
“Reinforcements: I realise that two irregular squads of commandoes and two gunships may seem to be a small force for such an important mission, but you are the Republic’s best. In addition, a small raid will be tolerated by the Separatists, whereas a larger force may be interpreted as an invasion, or an attempt to establish a garrison. The Separatists and Hutts have made it very clear that they will not tolerate this. We do not wish to antagonise the inhabitants of Tatooine, lest they actually try to join the Separatists. A divided Tatooine is better than a Separatist one. Tatooine may be a dust ball, but it’s well placed on the Corellian Run.”
“Hence, your reinforcements are to be called on only in the direst of circumstances. Koth’s Pride is far from fully stocked, but we’ve got than enough dropships with All-Terrain Tactical-Enforcers if the pudu hits the ventilator. Republic Command has ordered me to take the Koth’s Honour into the Tatooine system only as a last-resort. We’re are available, but calling us in will merely serve to worsen the situation in the long run.”
“Any questions?”

Ronin
1 December 2004, 06:47 AM
(Your HUD info: maps and targets)
(if you have problems downloading it, tell me and I'll sort it)

Rostek
1 December 2004, 07:19 AM
One clone, slightly larger than the rest, shifts uncomfortably. The rest of you (that have been in the Commandos for any period) know of him as a rather infamous specimen. DR-092 was known for his independant streak and tendancy to talk back on occation, the product of the "special-type" training group he was in as a youngster. DR-092 is larger than usual clones, a byproduct of a mutation that resulted in a slower metabolism and weaker immune system than the norm. He is still built like a nerf bull though, (because he doesn't metabolise as fast) which necessitated his modifacation of his armor to fit around his large-thewed physique.
"Clonehawk"? How bloody creative is that? Next thing you know, we'll be issued "Cloneblasters" and sleep in "Clonebunks". Hmm, well I would rather not antagonize the officer here- that doesn't tend to work out too well for me.
Trooper DR-092- Stiev, as he insists on being called- looks through the various documents that were downloaded to his armor.
Hmm- two entries downstairs. The Thetas can get them if they try going out the windows, so we could do a simultaneous entry with two three man teams to hopefully catch them in their knickers. Stiev thinks, making a note that there will be organic only adversaries- stun and frag grenades only.
I'll note the mission proposal with the Sarge as soon as we finish up here he thinks, and patiently waits for the others to ask questions.
[Edit: Added description for character]

johnnyputrid
1 December 2004, 08:39 AM
Standing tall next to his new squad mates, RC-487 feels slightly uncomfortable in his new armor. Larger and bulkier than his standard scout trooper digs, he is never-the-less very impressed by its capabilities and modifications. His eyes have not yet accustomed themselves to the large amounts of readouts dancing along his visor, making focused sight his newest priority. Nice rig, but the color has got to go. Whoever chose grey needs to be shot. Already determining that a night operation is a must, RC-487 decides a little chat with the squad leader is in order. How the new SL will react to the suggestion is another matter, of course.

Despite giving the Captain his full attention, the words of his platoon's training sergeant drift into his mind.

"I don't care what them long-necked blue bastards tell youse, youse listen to me. Just 'cuz youse all look the same, don't means youse are the same. Each fella next to youse is a diff'rent fella. Your job is to keep that fella alive, whatever the goin' is. Them long-necks'll tell youse that youse is fightin' fer the Republic. That's just a load of hooey. Youse are fightin' fer each other. Don't matter if its your squaddies or a bunch youse ain't never laid eyes on before. Them's yer brothers, and youse will fight to save them, or so help me, I will hunt youse down and put my foot so far up yer keister that you'll be polishin' my boot with yer tongue! Is that clear enough, youse freeloaders?

Smiling to himself, thankful that no one can see hs face in the helmet, RC-487 lets his grin spread from ear to ear.Crystal clear, Boss. These fellas are my new squad, and I sure don't want that boot in my keister. Another one of Sergeant Aricoza's lessons firmly tucked away in his mind, RC-487 snaps himself out of his brief reflection just as the Captain asks for questions. Might as well ask the obvious.

"Sir, what's our escape and evasion plan?"

Not that RC-487 intended to run or flee, far from it. He would fight to the death, if necessary. But they had no real idea what they were themselves into. An intel package like the one in his HUD was fine and dandy, but RC-487 preferred seeing things with his own eyes. The intel on his last op had been so poor that his entire platoon, 31 men, were wiped out. These Hutts had a lot of men at their disposal, and good plans sometimes failed. He had no intention of being stuck on some dust-ball that far removed from the Republic with a battalion of Nikto and Klatoonian thugs on their tails. I can just see the HoloNet headlines, "Elite Clone Unit Captured By Hutts, Torture Reveals Secret Republic Agenda." Ah well, guess I shouldn't complain. At least this should be an interesting ride.

Vjerzag
1 December 2004, 10:31 AM
Clone VS-474 was standing perfectly still while Captain Eugene Talmont explained their mission task. It was not his first assignment and after surviving Gheonosis this seems like an easy ride. He was calm and ready, his recent elite training give him something that was not present before in him. Now he is veteran – survivor of battle for Gheonosis and his responsibilities are now greater, but his experience was is much greater than any risk he may face. Briefly few flashes fly in front of his eyes and he remember few moments in tunnels on Gheonosis. Adrenalin rush and hysteria, how was I even managed to stay alive there? Training is answer, and now much more ready than ever before he was sure that this mission is something they will do it perfectly. He had full confidence in clone troopers, they where the best army this galaxy has ever seen, and his past and future team mates where people you can count on.

After Captain Talmont finishes VS-474 start to look over data material for the mission. We need lots of stun grenades and “teargas” two people can cover both exits and than we can jump in and take all opposition out. So far this does not look so tough, but on field not everything is simple as this description.

Kanner Ra'an
1 December 2004, 12:03 PM
"Does Intel have any specifics on the speculated resistance we might encounter." one of the clones, specifically KR-148, asks in a calm voice. He seems almost indistinguishable from the standard lot of clones, though minor scars mark him as a vetern of geonosis or at least very harsh training.

Snatch a grab is it. he mentally mubles to himself, as he continues to listen. We should bomb the building and then be sent in as a sweeper team to ensure success. Less risk. This Jolawal Ajasos is a minor middle man, and its doubtful any contribution to the war effort in warrented enough to risk a kidnapping. He goes through all of this silently, never actually concidering voicing his opinions. They are always right, and he does it only as a mental exercise for self improvement. Still, their is always the feeling that the republic is out to win the public opinion, not the war. Launching the first strike was a good, tactical, decision that resulted in using the surprise factor of the army to its fullest extent. He hopes however, that the new wartime goverment can maintain the decisevness and not get boggled down in unimportant matters such as middlemen.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
1 December 2004, 01:47 PM
Sporting a beige bandana several tones lighter than his skin, HD-350 'Chiiko' stood solidy at attention near the door. He was just transfered over. Like with any other unit he has been in since the loss of his unit a year ago at Geonosis, he's been transfered around where needed.

What he's seen of this new armor he liked sofar. The regular issue armor he's worn up til now seemed so inadequate, it didn't take much of a hit to go down even though it was lighter and supposedly more nimble than these suits now. But HD-350 was a heavy weapons specialist, it was his job to carve up enemy forces, provide cover by laying down fire, or bring down speeders to tanks when called for. The heavier the armor they could slap onto him, the better. The armament he carried was heavy, this armor added to that weight too, but his muscles were finely toned to perfection. This meant HD-350 was made for lugging around heavy weaponry and still keep up to the rest. The helmet HUD display is a nice touch Chiiko mused.

Chiiko piped up as others did for questions "Will there be other ocupants in the building? If so, do we mow them down too? Not all weapons can be set for stun."

Ronin
2 December 2004, 05:41 AM
"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me." - Duke of Wellington

"Now you've all had a chance to look over the mission data, there's a few points to go over which should answer your questions. Firstly," Captain Talmont brings up the main map of Mos Espa, "these three didn't choose this cantina because of it's good ale. Jabba's townhouse is within 500 meters to the north-north east, & Gardulla's former palace is another 500 meters to the south-south west. Since your progenitor fed Gardulla to her pet Krayt Dragon on illegal business some years ago, the palace has become a second stronghold for Jabba's people."
"Expect rapid response from both points.2
"Jabba's palace includes a private docking bay. Intel isn't sure what's in there aside from Jabba's yacht, but pilots should keep their eyes open all the same."
"Fortunately Jabba is known to be residing at his palace on the edge of the Dune Sea at the moment."

"Most of Jabba's soldiers are relatively untrained thugs & criminals, though there are some pro's working for the slug. Make no mistake: should you linger, the enemy are numerically superior."

The three target profiles replace the Mos Espa holo.
"The three targets will be accompanied by their own security. In the case of Ixilij this will most likely be a combination of other Verpines and other Tiure-personnel. Tsix is known to employ other former-Black Sun heavies. Ajasos has close ties to the InterGalactic Banking Clans, who are believed to be partially funding this venture, so there's a chance of Iotran Bracemen guards. These are likely to be the greatest threat if not rapidly neutralised. Since we're dealing with the Separatist, a droid or two wouldn't be a surprise. All in all we're expecting 2 to 4 bodyguards per target. The cantina itself has no significant security. Even a Wookiee bouncer's gonna soil his fur at the sight of you boys," Talmont says with a confident smile.
"There may be civies in the cantina...but this is a Hutt-territory bar: no one in there's entirely clean. Just don't turn it into a total slaughterhouse
gentlemen."

"E and E."
"If one Hawk is downed, the other squad is to attempt a rescue and you all get out in the remaining bird."
The satellite map of Tatooine's settlements comes up on the briefing room's holoprojector.
"If both birds are downed you are to exfil to a safe, defensible point away from the city and call in the Centurion for extraction. Heading for Beggar's Canyon approximately 100klicks to the south-east would be wisest."
"There are numerous docking bays scattered throughout the city. These could provide alternative modes of transport in an emergency, though we don't know which docking bays are occupied, and by what kind of vessel. On a more civilised world we would slice into the dockmaster's logs. Unfortunately Mos Espa's system isn't sufficiently advanced. Storming one of the docking bays would be a gamble to say the least."
"Worst-case scenario; all three birds are downed," the captain takes a deep breath.
"The Koth's Honour will send a scouting vessel into the system and attempt to make radio contact with you. This will happen twelve hours after the Centurion lands on Tatooine & deploys the Clonehawks to innitiate the mission. If all goes FUBAR, stay alive until the scout ship makes contact, and we'll come get you."

"Embarking/disembarking from the Hawks: I'll leave this to your squad leaders, but the Hawks have been fitted with 5 meter fast-ropes, four either side of the bird. For loading Ajasos onto Clonehawk Two you'll need to set her on the deck: he's no athlete. Also his pressure suit presents one possible risk: don't breach it. We need him alive if possible."

"Finally: Mos Espa is a living, breathing city. Civies live there, both free
people & a sizeable slave populace. So check your targets."

"Outside the cities the only civilised people you'll find are scattered
moisture farmers. Indiginous life consists of barbaric, tribal, nomadic Tuskan Raiders...and a short race of scavengers known as Jawas. Tuskans are the more threatening of the two, though you won't be encountering any of them in the city."

Rostek
2 December 2004, 07:19 AM
Stiev reaches up under his helmet to scratch is "illegal" goatee as he reads. While he likes the initial entry plan he's devised, the new information leads him to think something better can be done.
Struck with a sudden moment of inspiration, Stiev grabs one of the datapads with the target info that lie about the briefing room and concocts a plan. Finished and pleased with his work, he sends the draft to the Sergent's datapad.

[OOC: Here's what I've sen,t, a rough draft B) :

Vanger Chevane
2 December 2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Rostek
Stiev reaches up under his helmet to scratch is "illegal" goatee as he reads. While he likes the initial entry plan he's devised, the new information leads him to think something better can be done.
Struck with a sudden moment of inspiration, Stiev grabs one of the datapads with the target info that lie about the briefing room and concocts a plan. Finished and pleased with his work, he sends the draft to the Sergent's datapad.[/QUOTE]

Having been jotting down ideas throughout the briefing, especially those of his team some very good ideas, but that's expected, Fengis copies the incoming file to a lower corner of his hud & spares a few moments glance at it, then shoots back some of his own notes.



Quick acting sedatives & paralytics - info on Skakoan Anatomy & the suit. An overdose can ensure termination of the other 2 (no need to be precise here) while proper dosage of the primary ensures inability to resist/escape. May also be easier/more covert to deliver.

Transport LZ to target & back. Primary presents cargo handling issues, potential for pursuit precludes exf on foot. Quick & quiet preferable, but not necessarily maintainable.

Structure appears very light. Possible to quickly & quietly cut though, with armor/larger vibroblade bypassing obvious entry & alarm/defense points? Ensure Demo has min 1 breaching/cutting charge.

Some ion weaponry available - droids & basic weapon disable forces melee defense - but will it create lethal malfunction in Skakoan Psuit?.

Verpine detect across a wide band of EM, potential for premature discovery - possible disguise as Tusken?

Scout & map defensible & ambush locations during inf.

Rostek
2 December 2004, 02:42 PM
The Sarge had some interesting ideas on the assault- Stiev was rather intrigued by some of the variables and solutions he had come up with.

Sedatives & paralytics - info on Skakoan Anatomy & the suit. An overdose can ensure termination of the other 2 (no need to be precise here) while proper dosage of the primary makes ensures inability to resist/escape. May also be easier/more covert to deliver.

Some T-138 gas grenades perhaps? Combined with our suits' ventilation system and the possibility of gassing the entire upstairs, we could avoid the downstairs entirely

Transport LZ to target & back. Primary presents cargo handling issues, potential for pursuit precludes exf on foot. Quick & quiet preferable, but not necessarily maintainable.

We could always land the ship on the second floor outcropping that we could land on- drag out target onto that through hole in wall perhaps?

Structure appears very light. Possible to quickly & quietly cut though, with armor/larger vibroblade bypassing obvious entry & alarm/defense points? Ensure 148 has min 1 breaching/cutting charge.

Thermite gel, perhaps. First to cut a hole to dispense gas, then perhaps use charge to create entry point in wall/roof

Some ion weaponry available - droids & basic weapon disable forces melee defense - but will it create lethal malfunction in Skakoan Psuit?.

If I recall correctly, Skakoan Psuits are vunerable to Ion/EMP- could cause unwanted death of target. On a similar note- tangle guns or stun cuffs a need

Verpine dectect across a wide band of EM, potential for premature discovery - possible disguise as Tusken?

If they detect us, I imagine it would be from heat of armor batteries- no physical disguise would do- perhaps a scrambler grenade-IR, UV and EM burst could disorient them- also silent. Rare, may not be in armory- could be cobbled together from engine parts and Ion grenade. Should see 148 about possiblity of build.

Scout & map defensible locations during inf.

Agreed- revised proposed plan w/map forthcoming
Stiev sent the message and nodded at the Sergent. He then set about modifying the map again, accounting for new ideas and plans.

[OOC: New map in a few minutes]

Rostek
2 December 2004, 03:22 PM
Happy with his work, Stiev submits the redesigned plan into the Sarge's datapad

johnnyputrid
2 December 2004, 05:59 PM
Satisfied with the details of the E&E plan, RC-487 jots a few quick notes on his handheld during the briefing. Several possible entry methods come to mind, along with a few alternate plans for the snatch and grab aspect of the mission. Dividing his focus between the Captain's briefing and his notetaking, RC-487 sketches out a few rough ideas and sends them to the squad leader over their private channel.

"Boss,

The Skak - recommend hitting the room with stun grenades, followed by fast entry, weapons set to stun. Can't risk roasting the package. Gas may be ineffective due to the target's suit. Secure package, eliminate security forces as necessary. Package's weight might be a problem. Portable repsulor disk?

The Gotal - easily disrupted by EM pulses. Tough to sneak up on. Low-yield EMP grenade might do the trick. Give us a few extra seconds to roast him and his party. Gas is an option, but recommend a fast hit. We could frag him, if necessary. Messy, but effective.

The Verpies - tough as nails, may be packing shatter guns. Nasty buggers. Need to hit 'em fast and hard. Good news is they're easy to pick out in a crowd.

We'll be pretty easy to spot in the armor. Recommend some big cloaks to cover up with. Locals may tip off the targets if we're spotted early. I don't like it, but we may need to take out any suspicious characters beforehand. Human intel a must. I don't trust satellite recon. It got my whole platoon killed at Kitara III. One of us might need to go in plainclothes and recon. I'm volunteering, if needed. I've got 5 solo recons under my belt, I can deal with the civvies if need be. Thermal imaging also strongly recommended, if available. It'd help to know exactly where each target is before we wreck the joint.

Love and kisses, RC-487"

Let's see what he thinks about that. Hopefully this guy ain't a stick in the mud like my last SL. Like old Sergeant Aricoza says, "If youse can't laugh in the face of danger, what good are youse?" Shifting around in his armor, RC-487 tries to get as comfortable as he can, though the new hardware is definately chaffing in a few areas he would've preferred remain unchaffed. Pulling his custom-crafted combat knife from its sheath, he turns the blade over in his hands a few times. His training sergeant had given him the weapon prior to the Geonosis deployment, a gift upon receiving his Master Instructor rating. The old veteran's parting words always came to mind when he held the weapon. "I got somethin' fer youse, sonny. Best knifeman I ever trained. Youse need somethin' proper, so here, take this. Made it myself, years ago, and it never failed me. Now go stick it some poor bastard's gut and make me proud." Placing the blade back in its sheath, RC-487 promises he will indeed do exactly that.

Vjerzag
2 December 2004, 06:27 PM
VS-474 "Wing" is slowlly looking over plans other team members submited to Sarge, he analyze them and so far things are looking great. As soon as he hear RC-487 sugestion to reckon assult point from ground he volunter also. This is good chance to get the feeling of terain before we storm this building; Sir, if I may say this could be excelent chance to make diversion. In vicinity of Jabbas new Palace we can plant some gas bombs and such, non lethal stuff with timmer. At the minute we set for start of mission we can detonate them and wait a little untill streets around target house is clean, civilian like to be in center of action so people will leave our target huose alone. Than we give signal to Hawks, and as soon as our people are on the roof we start with the action.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 December 2004, 09:00 PM
Chiiko observed, listened at the exchanges and mission planning. Also reviewed the suggestions and alterations for taking the building. One was for Him and KR-138 to take the main floor. The revision was through one of the upper windows... So which was it?

Ckiiko asked "Then what is the plan? Do I and KR-138 take the lower level or upper window entry? How do we know which floor they'll be on?" Then Chiiko offered "Whether we use gas or stun grenades, I'd prefer to smoke'm as the pre-emptive. Most won't be able to see us through the screen. If they cant see us, they won't be able to see each other let alone the door. I'd still prefer someone block the front door."

Ronin
3 December 2004, 05:39 AM
"The art of using troops is this:
......When ten to the enemy's one, surround him;
......When five times his strength, attack him;
......If double his strength, divide him;
......If equally matched you may engage him;
......If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
......And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
..........for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."
- Sun Tzu, the Art Of War

Captain Talmont shakes his head; "Sorry gentlemen, there won't be time for any more recon, and we can't spare the forces for distractions. We have to have you in hyperspace within the hour. As soon as the Centurion decants into the Tatooine system, she'll proceed to enter Tatooine's atmosphere, deploy the gunships...and you'll be on your way to the target site. Our ground agent has accurately placed the targets within the building at the designated time, but this is extremely time-sensitive. The fact that you'll be entering in the eye of a controlled sandstorm should ensure that civies are not on the streets. As soon as the gunships arrive on-target, initiate your strike plans, secure Ajasos, eliminate Ixilij and Tsix, and get back to the gunships."

"I'm sorry to say that our agent was unable to determine if the targets are meeting upstairs or downstairs in the cantina. You'll have to plan for both eventualities and adapt on-site."

Ronin
3 December 2004, 06:34 AM
“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
- Albert Einstein (contemplating nuclear devastation)

The Captain then presses a button on his commlink, "I think it's time I brought in Chief Zorba, he'll be your armourer."

After a minute or so the door to the left opens and in-floats a dark blue skinned Toydarian with a neatly-trimmed handlebar moustache dominating his jowls. He salutes Captain Talmont. His grey Republic military uniform is perfectly tailored and pressed, a large datapad hangs from his shoulder. He eyes you with distain, clearly unwilling to give over his beloved weaponry to careless ten-year olds.
"Well...I haven't got all millenia. The Captain sayz you vat-boys have some special requests, eh? You tells me what you want, and I tells you if you can have it, eh," he says with a grin, stroking his ample facial hair.

OOC: let the outlandish requests commence! 8o

Rostek
3 December 2004, 07:03 AM
"One moment Chief- we're still contemplating the manner of incapacitating the enemy forces before and during entries. If you have any input or experiance you'd like to share about stun gas verses stun grenades, it would be much appriciated."
Stiev said, still sketching and making notes on the datapad.
"Sergent- perhaps we could remove the doors as escape points with grav mats. Send our good sneakers- 487 and 474 to place the mats on the doors as discretely as possible- bring them upstairs and use thermite gel to enter. Since it's almost noiseless, we can enter and between stun gas and stun grenades, we should be able to dispose of whatever we find as quietly as possible if our target isn't upstairs.
I'd prefer to start upstairs and then make our way down- storming up stairs one or two abreast verses a dozen or more bodyguards doesn't sound too appetizing. If, when we come down the stairs they make a run for it- the mats would get them." he said, trying to think of more variables that could cause problems.
"Also- if we use stun gas, we should see if we can't get a tank of it or something and empty it into the building. The windows and vents will be closed because of the sand storm, and the ventilation system will carry it downstairs too- we won't have enough time to take them all down with it, but all we need is to weaken them enough that they don't put up much of a fight."

Kanner Ra'an
3 December 2004, 04:13 PM
KR 148 fills out a datapad requesting the standard equipment package, as well as his DEMP gun for the mention possibility of droids, demolitions and repair kits, and three antipersonal mines. He passes the datapad to the toydarian quatermaster with a nod. The plan however, he thinks, is getting excessivly complicated.

"We got limited secifics on this." Brand says stotically. "A tank of sleeping gas is a tricky thing. Its not easy to transport, or hook up, and effectiveness isn't 100% or really quick for that matter. A good sized open window could scrap that plan, not to mention the fact that this place is likly to have good ventalation to keep the heat down. I think we should keep it simple to minimize the problems." He says, taking a second to organise his notes that hes been making, and then presents them. "We could have two teams storm the building, and cut power simaltaniously if possible. We hit the main areas on both levels with several stun grenades, remove the remaining oppostion, eliminate the priority targets, and extract our main target from the roof to diminish the possibility of re-enforcments interfearing with the extraction." looking around, he elaborates a little. "If we time it right, should take no more then two minutes and a handful of grenades to clear both floors. After that we'll have a couple minutes to fool around and ensure the completeion of all our objectives, and then we call in the birds to extract us."

OOC: Ronin, stuffs coming to you tonight. Sorry about the wait

johnnyputrid
3 December 2004, 04:43 PM
Having brought only his combat knife and his personal assault kit with him, RC-487 relishes the thought of aqcuiring some new hardware. While the other troopers debate the assault strategy, RC-487 ponders his equipment needs. I suppose these guys are going to be alright. They seem genuinely interested in the mission, not writing it off as just another op on the way to the big glorious warzone. Unless they decide to do something really stupid, I guess I'll just adapt to whatever plan they come up with. I say we just rush the place, toss in some C-10s and go to work. But nobody's really ever asked for my opinion. Taking a bemused glance at the Supply Chief floating nearby, he nods a head towards him to gain his attention.

"Hey Chief, I only need a couple things. First, I need a Merr-Sonn 44, bare to the bones, but remove the left grip plate. That way I can mate the knife hilt to the pistol grip more easily."

RC-487 demonstrates a shooting stance, holding his combat knife with the blade facing down in his left hand, while simultaneously simulating a two-hand grip.

"If you can spare them, toss in about 4 stun grenades, C-10s preferably, and 4 C-16 frags. I'd also like a SoroSuub Firelance with an adjustable sling, but lose the carrying handle and just leave the factory iron sights intact. If you want, I can do it, no problem. That should round out the hardware. About 12 power packs should finish the list. I like to use the KISS priniciple: Keep It Simple, Stupid, if you know what I mean."

Looking around at his fellow troopers, RC-487 grins under his helmet.
I guess I'll have to wait until the brass leaves before I hand out the cigars. Checking the small pouch on his belt, he double checks to ensure the fragile sticks of pure Nubian t'bac are still intact.

Rostek
3 December 2004, 04:52 PM
We hit the main areas on both levels with several stun grenades, remove the remaining oppostion, eliminate the priority targets, and extract our main target from the roof to diminish the possibility of re-enforcments interfearing with the extraction." looking around, he elaborates a little. "If we time it right, should take no more then two minutes and a handful of grenades to clear both floors. After that we'll have a couple minutes to fool around and ensure the completeion of all our objectives, and then we call in the birds to extract us."
"I like it- if we can pull off the power cut and entry at the same time. Maybe you can remote detonate all the charges at the same time on a count. The roof will be a problem though- one of us might just have to heave him out onto the second floor outcropping or something." Stiev said, nodding. "The two teams should try to split our skills up evenly- perhaps you-" Stiev said, indicating Brand "-me, and 487 on the upstars, and Sarge, 474 and Chiiko-" Stiev sniggers slightly under his breath at the name- it sounds like that of a Wroonan hooker- "on the bottom, were they can take advantage of the space to lay down the volume of fire that they enjoy so." he said with a look at Chiiko and 474.
"We fastrope down onto the outcropping where team one then makes it's way to ground level- we plant the explosives, and open up this diensar can."
Stiev quickly looks to the armorer.
"Heres my equipment list, I've got the bandolier on me- just put the energy cells in the utility belt and the grenades on the bandolier."

DATAPAD:

Katarn Armor 1

Blaster pistol (DL-18) 1
Blaster rifle/grenade launcher 1

Merr-Sonn Targeter Scope (att. to rifle)

Std. Utility belt 1
Power pack (in bandolier) 10
Energy cell (in utility belt) 4
Medpac 1
Grenades (4 Stun/2 Frag/1 Smoke) 7

[EDIT: Added Equipment list]

Kanner Ra'an
3 December 2004, 07:47 PM
I like it- if we can pull off the power cut and entry at the same time. Maybe you can remote detonate all the charges at the same time on a count. The roof will be a problem though- one of us might just have to heave him out onto the second floor outcropping or something." Stiev said, nodding. "The two teams should try to split our skills up evenly- perhaps you-" Stiev said, indicating Brand "-me, and 487 on the upstars, and Sarge, 474 and Chiiko-" Stiev sniggers slightly under his breath at the name- it sounds like that of a Wroonan hooker- "on the bottom, were they can take advantage of the space to lay down the volume of fire that they enjoy so." he said with a look at Chiiko and 474.

"Agreed." Brand says, taking another look at the buildings structure. "Though i'll need to add a detonite brick of appropriate size and a timer to my list of requested equipment to punch through that wall. They dont look to thick or hard, so it shouldn't take too much. Only about a class three i'd think." he says, looking to the cheif to imply the request.

OOC: Forgot this in my equipment request. I'd specifically like five stun grenades and two frags for the mission, and for my scope i'd like the novaless as i dont think were going to be doing much ranged fighting. I'd also like six power packs and four energy cells.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
3 December 2004, 09:20 PM
"I, Sarge and 474 on the floor then? I'm good with it." Chiiko nods, staying mostly out of it and ot the side, quite litterally actually. Chiiko was content with that, where the team needs him, thats where he goes.

As the Toydarin made his rounds, Chiiko made a checklist of the equipment he needed then flagged him over with a wave.
"If I can borrow that datapad for a moment, Cheif? Thanks."

Chiiko quickly jots down his list:
1x Katarn Armor (standard)
1x Gyro Harness
1x Light Repeating, Merr-Sonn Underslung Rotary Blaster
1x BlasTech DL-18
1x Merr-Sonn GLII/IIsa Grenade Launcher w/ shoulder sling
1x Utility Belt
1x Medpack
5x Merr-Sonn C-10 Grenade
5x Merr-Sonn C-16 Grenade
5x Czerka Smoke Grenade
15 - 20x power packs (in backpack)

Chiiko hands back the datapad.

[edit] forgot gyro hip harness for the repeater.

Vjerzag
4 December 2004, 06:27 AM
Wing listen at their sugestion and he agree with a nod. Ok, brothers let's start this. Chief I need few things, please can I have your datapad;

DATAPAD:

Katarn Armor 1

Heavy Blaster pistol (DL-44) 1
Blaster rifle/grenade launcher 1

Novaless Soni-Optics Target Imager scope (att. to rifle)

Std. Utility belt 1
Power pack (in bandolier) 10
Energy cell (in utility belt) 4
Medpac 1
Grenades (4 Stun/2 Frag/1 Smoke) 7

[EDIT: Added Equipment list]

here is my list. He hand back datapad to Chief and smile: I belive this will be easy ride.

Ronin
4 December 2004, 11:16 PM
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George Patton, US

:watto:Chief flutters from person to person, taking your equipment requests. He then starts looking through them and making calculations...
"Ooookay. You, :clonetpr: KR-148. You've got yourself your armour, utility belt and assault pack, Blastech DC-17 blaster rifle with Novaless scope, Merr-Sonn DEMP Ion Carbine and a repair kit. That comes to 21.5kg. Your maximum load is 29kg. Wanna throw a pistol and some grenades in to bring you up to weight?"

"Next, :clonetpr: DR-092. Full armour, utility belt, full assault pack, DC-17 with grenade launcher and Merr-Sonn sights, DL-18 pistol, 4 stuns, 2 frags and a smoke grenade comes to 22.9kg. You're a big boy, eh? You can take another 15.1kg."

"You, :clonetpr: VS-474. With full armour, utility belt and assault pack, DL44, DC-17 with Novaless scope and underbarrel launcher, 4 stun grenades, 2 frags and 1 smoke, you've got 1.3kg spare."

"HD-350 :clonetpr:. You've sure been pumping the iron haven't you? That gear list leaves you with 14.5kg free."

"RC-487 :clonetpr:. Your armour, gear, pistol, grenades and Firelance leaves you 13.1kg light."

"How about you sarge?"

While Chief is listing how much more each of you can carry, Theta Squad's sergeant comes across to you all and nods.
"Theta squad'll be watching your backs, no problems. If you can tell me how you're gonna handle this, show me on a holo, and I'll make sure my boys are in positions to cover your hides."

While all this is going on, the pilots have got together with the Captain and are discussing flight plans.

Vanger Chevane
4 December 2004, 11:20 PM
Addressing Captain Talmont: "Excuse me Sir, but there is an issue we need to address.

I've noted the LAAT's are not loaded with any sort of personal vehicle. While we can make our way in on foot, but due to the Primary's vulnerability and importance, walking back out to Beggar's Canyon would be difficult at best. Losing the LAAT during dustoff would also be a major issue.

I suggest we have at least available some form of speeder to make a quick exit if possible and rendezvous with the LAAT at the LZ or some alternate that would be safer & preferable to buzzing Mos Espa, which can be held as a last resort unless PsyOps has a good reason to want it.

I'll also need a discussion with the Chief Physician, presumably as Tattooine isn't a terribly orderly world methods such as drugging the Primary and Secondaries would not be frowned upon - especially if convenient and effective."


(OOC: will come up with gear list soon as I don't have to fight for a coherent train-of-thought, please don't tell me the Doc on this ship isn't something like a 21B or MD0 ;))

Ronin
4 December 2004, 11:46 PM
“Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you’re useless. Alone, a finger can’t grasp, or control, or form a fist. You are nothing on your own, and everything together.” - Commando instructor Seargeant Kal Skirata

"Sorry sergeant, there isn't time to modify either of the LAATs to carry any ground vehicle bigger than a speederbike, and all those are in use at the moment."
"Once you're dropped off outside, or on the roof of, the cantina, and Theta squad has deployed, both gunships will circle the area to provide air cover. Each bird is fully loaded: two missile launchers, three anti-personnel laser cannons, four composite-beam pinpoint turrets and two rocket launchers each. If those pilots spot any trouble heading your way, they'll be sure to intercept it. Don't you worry sergeant," he finishes with a smile.
"Then, when you've got Ajasos secured, Clonehawk Two will land, pick you all up...the Thetas then get picked up by Clonehawk One, you all meet with the Centurion at the northern mouth of Beggar's Canyon, and you'll be back here in no time. The whole time on Tatooine shouldn't be more than a hour."

"As for drugging the targets, if you consider it necessary, then by all means do so, but make sure there won't be any long-term side-effects for Ajasos. I'll have the ship's Chief Physician come down here immediately."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
5 December 2004, 12:06 AM
"Chief! I can carry 474's extra load and still be under allowance!" Chiiko spoke up "We're paired up anyways for this assignment." Then turning towards 474, "Grab a few more grenades or explosives, i'm still ok for another third of a kg yet." Chiiko thumbs to himself with a half smile.

Kanner Ra'an
5 December 2004, 12:24 AM
"And just add on another stun grenade for my load." Brand says afterwards.

Ronin
5 December 2004, 12:44 AM
“You want to know how clones tell each other apart? Who cares? They’re here to fight, not to socialise.” -Commando instructor Seargeant Kal Skirata

:watto: "Okay Sergeant. Full armour, belt kit, assault pack, DL-18 sidearm, DC-17 with Novaless scope and underbarrel launcher, 4 stuns, 2 frags and 1 smoke, Chiewab Amalgamated Pharmaceuticals Company ECM-598 Medical Backpack (A&EGp93), Fabreth Medical Biochemicals Shock Cloth, Nilar Med/Tech Corporation Field Cauterizer and a Synthtech Medtech Corporation MDS-50 comes to 29.1kg."

(OOC: when I have your stats, we might have to trim that down to fit your strength ;) )


Just then the door opens and in strides the Chief Physician. 5ft of slim, blue-skinned, long-lashed Twi'lek goodness, clad in a white medical smock.
"Someone got a medical emergency?" she says, an eyebrow raised.

Vjerzag
5 December 2004, 11:26 AM
Sir, I will drop DC-17 blaster rifle, and take more amunition. I dont need it, beside I'm much better in close combat With this Wing continue to pack his stuff.


((OOC: Ronin please adjust my gear so that fit into 25 kg. So that I'm on light load, I would like to carry my ammo. who knows what can happend there, and names of our transport are somhow familiar like (Black hawk down) so betttr be prepared))

johnnyputrid
7 December 2004, 06:53 AM
"Someone got a medical emergency?"

RC-487 looks up at this new entry and nearly drops his blaster pistol, an unforgiveable act among clone troopers. The clones had been told from youth that their sexual drives were repressed and that their inborn human desire to mate and reproduce had been genetically weeded out as much as was possible. Human females should hold little interest for a clone trooper, non-humans ones even less. RC-487 knew that he was most likely incapable of handling a complex relationship with any kind of woman, particularly a Twi'lek with whom he was not even biologically compatible. Though he was more than capable of performing the sexual act, he was not supposed to desire to.

Right now, RC-487 had decided that all of that was a load of hooey.

He had been about to remove his helmet to adjust he fittings when the sultry alien walked into the room. Now he was glad he'd left it on, so his brothers couldn't see his jaw moving steadily towards the deck. He was pretty certain he wasn't the only clone in the room going through the same crisis, but he couldn't be sure. So instead of gaping under his helmet like an idiot, RC-487 decided to lighten things up a bit. Remembering the bluster, bravado and manly humor of his training sergeant, he spoke a few words which old Sergeant Aricoza himself might have said in such a situation. Hopefully none of the higher-ups in the room would decide to toss him in the hinky for it, but he was willing to risk it. Somebody had to say it.

"I've got a medical emergency, sweetheart. My heart just broke."

Ronin
7 December 2004, 06:58 AM
"This is my rifle. This is my gun. This is for fighting. This is for fun." - F.M.J


Originally posted by johnnyputrid
"I've got a medical emergency, sweetheart. My heart just broke."

The young Twi'lek rolls her eyes and grins; "like I've never heard that one before. You clones; you're all the same." ;)

Rostek
7 December 2004, 08:21 AM
You clones; you're all the same."
Stiev shrugs, his eyes passing from RC to the Doc.
"It's not our fault we use the same pickup lines- we are clones after all."

Rostek
7 December 2004, 08:45 AM
You're a big boy, eh? You can take another 15.1kg."
"Is that so? Well then, I'll require another 16 power packs, 2 Frag and 1 Stun grenade. And eh- Chief, I was wondering if you could rig up a Kelevark MM9 wrist rocket launcher to hook onto a detachable rail on my rifle? If so, I'd like use that, and maybe a pack of 6 rockets." Stiev says.

Vjerzag
7 December 2004, 12:57 PM
Wing look at chief and come with one briliand idea: Chief can you modify one blaster with stronger stun setting? I'll need this if we are going to catch AJASOS unharmed

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 December 2004, 01:03 PM
HD looked at the little conversation between RC, Doc, and DR. Chiiko was compelled to try for one... But what? On the battlefield, he often had to improvise when orders said one thing and the situation had turned out to be quite another. Improvise... Hmm, my armor's quite fitting- ahah I think i've got one..."

Chiiko piped up "I think i've an medical emergency! MY armor's sudenly become too tight, and I'm concerened it's cutting off circulation to a vital area!"

It took all of Chiiko to not crack up and keep apearing serious.

Rostek
7 December 2004, 02:07 PM
Chief can you modify one blaster with stronger stun setting? I'll need this if we are going to catch AJASOS unharmed
"Why don't you just use a Firelance like ol' RC here- It's got the best Stun setting on the market- nice and compact too, especially if you've dumped the battle rifle and grenade launcher." Stiev said, thinking. He prided himself on being up to date on the latest in weapons technology.

Vanger Chevane
7 December 2004, 02:44 PM
OOC: So, we're doing Quotable Quotes are we? :P Here ya go Ronin, a line from my .mil days:


Warfare is an extremely costly, brutal, destructive, and horrific affair.

Which is as it should be.



Lest we should come to enjoy it. - Vanger Chevane
:D


Smiles at the sudden look of discomfort crossing Captain Talmont's face as the Commando's crack jokes & behave in a manner neither the regular Clone or ARC troopers would dare, and is grateful his helment conceals this completely.

Everyone's a Comedian. Surprise Captain, we're people not Biological Trooper-Droids. Still, a little humor won't hurt, and she is cute...

"Every team gets a set of stun cuffs, first one to secure the primary claps em on. One of you gets a techscanner so we can be sure that P-Suit isn't carrying a tracker, or some other nasty surprise. Demo will get two or three good Cutting/Breaching charges. That wall may be more that just Mudstone. Finding out the wrong way that someone's slathered mud over Starship Engine Shielding would leave a very bad taste in your mouth.

If you still had one.

Chief, if you would?"

Steering the Doctor away from the group for a modicum of privacy

"Doctor, I need information specific to Skakoan Physiology and the P-Suit. Specifically have we a fast-acting paralytic or sedative that can be used to keep one under control presuming the patient may be extremely hostile, violent, possibly even suicidal? Also delivery methods that will be as noninvasive as reasonable. A datacard with biological and medical information would be helpful as well in the event our friend were to be inadvertently injured.

I'll also need to know if we've a fast-acting paralytic or sedative that a sufficiently small quantity can be used to induce a lethal overdose in both Verpine and Gotal. Delivery methods should account for the fact that the patients will be uncooperative at a minimum."

Ronin
8 December 2004, 05:52 AM
"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience" - Julius Caesar


"Is that so? Well then, I'll require another 16 power packs, 2 Frag and 1 Stun grenade. And eh- Chief, I was wondering if you could rig up a Kelevark MM9 wrist rocket launcher to hook onto a detachable rail on my rifle? If so, I'd like use that, and maybe a pack of 6 rockets." Stiev says.

The Toydarian flutters back slightly, surprised at the request, but slowly his face breaks into a big toothy grin, handlebar 'tasche drooping over the edges; "my my, DR-092 aren't you the inventive one...I think you're on to something there, lad!" he says with a gleam in his eye..."it's doable...definitely. We've got a few crates of various rocketdarts lying around down in stores. I'll have the techies prep your rifle and a selection of rocket darts, and have it ready for your departure. Replacing a grenade launcher with a wrist rocket launcher...who'da thought it..."
"Anyone else wanna exchange a DC-17 with underbarrel grenade launcher for one with underbarrel rockets?"
(OOC: That is a fantastic idea Rostek!!!)

Just as Chief is about to answer Wing's question, Stiev answers it for him.


Chiiko piped up "I think i've an medical emergency! MY armor's sudenly become too tight, and I'm concerened it's cutting off circulation to a vital area!"
The Twi'lek sighs again, "Sure, just let me get my laser scalpel. I sure hope I don't slip like I did with that last guy...poor fellow," she winces, then winks at you.

"Breaching charges, eh?" says Chief. He brings up a holo of what appears to be an aerosol can. "Thermite gel. One can has the equvalent yield of a TD, but it's a shaped charge. Spray it on, stick a detonator in it," the holo shows a chrome cylinder similar to a small command cylinder: the detonator; "and you make yourself a door...in anything. It needs either one of those detonators or an electrical current to blow it. Fire and blaster's won't set it off."
"How many cans do you need?"
(OOC: one can should be enough to make a 1-person-"door")

The Twi'lek listens intently to your questions about Skakoans and drugs. If you were expecting any refusals, the gives none.
"Firstly, the Chief's new rocket-rifles might provide your delivery method," she suggests, then turns to the Toydarian; "Chief, Locris produces empty hollow-tip rockets, right?"
She gets a surprised nod.
She turns back to you (Sarge') "There you go. Load up some Locris-Syndicated Securities Type 12-B Hollow-Tip Rockets with chemical loads, and there you go."
"What? You weren't expecting a doctor to know or suggest something like that? I haven't always been a doctor..."

"Poisons are tough for the Skakoan...something that'll knock him out but doesn't risk killing him...Cripe Oil (GCGp102) would weaken him considerably....Tripion venom would definitely render him unconscious...though there's also a fair chance that it could kill him..." she looks at you with a raised eyebrow.
"As for the Gotal and Verpine; Ral's Bane, Pantol spine venom, Ylesian fungus, Tripion venom, Corellian Sandpanther venom or Kouhun venom should do it."
"As for checking suit integrity; already built into the left palm of your Katarn armour is a scanner for checking your own suit's integrity. It could be easily modified in the field to scan a suit it isn't built into. You simply sweep your palm (the scanner) over the suit & it'll tell you if there's a breach."

Chief flutters over; "considering you boys aren't trained to use these rocket weapons, you'd better stick to short-ranges.....and you might be better off using good old blasters to take down the Verpine and the Gotal..."

EDIT: included details about suit integrity scanner.

Rostek
8 December 2004, 07:17 AM
"Right- we better make that 10 rockets, since we aren't, er... used to using them. Better make the rockets two hollow tip with whatever the Doc recommends for the target, and the rest being K26 HE Anti-speeder rockets I should think.
I'd also like to get one of those Merr-Sonn GLII Grenade Launcher with a shoulder sling and a couple more frags in the clip, just in case we need some more long range explosive power with those frag grenades." Stiev says. Hearing Chiiko and the Doc's exchange, he loses his ability to keep in the humor and snorts a laugh.

[OOC: Yeah, my evil mind works in mysterious ways- that brings me up to 7 frags, 4 in the clip of the launcher, three for reload]
[Edit: As per Ronin's request to specify rocket types.]

Vjerzag
8 December 2004, 10:29 AM
After finishing his checking his equipment Wing enter his armor with a style, you can see that he feels almost natural in it. He tie all weapons and rest of equipment and after a check out he say: Hey Chief, throw me 10 extra power packs I still have some empty pockets Now he is ready, he make few basic exercises and stretch in armor just to get the feel of it. This is it, fully prepared and ready to go Wing feels as wave of adrenalin start to flow trough his body. Action is near and I'm feeling great, let's go and in same moment he takes full attention stance and say: Sir, Elite Clone trooper VS-474 ready for mission.

Ronin
15 December 2004, 06:04 AM
"No matter how enmeshed a commander becomes in the elaboration of his own thoughts, it is sometimes necessary to take the enemy into account." - Sir Winston Churchill

Stood in the hangarbay, you make final checks to your gear...
everything you asked Chief for is there...DR-092's got eight anti-speeder rockets and two reduced-concentration Tripion-venom-dart rockets and a couple of sets of stun-cuffs with a remote, KR-148's got a couple of cans of thermite spray, and there's another two pairs of stun cuffs with remotes for HD-350.
Other than that: you're all ready to go.

Theta's sergeant has talked with his squad and planned covering positions on the rooftops of adjacent buildings surrounding the junction in Mos Espa.
He and his squad of commandoes nod to you as they haul themselves into Clonehawk One. They're all carrying standard loads compared to you...each as a DC-17 with underbarrel grenade launcher and a DL-18 sidearm...

The two gunships are clamped to the underside of a CR-20B gunship-carrier transport. (see attached file for stats and pic)
Six yellow-marked pilot-troopers file aboard the CR-20B Centurion and begin getting her prepped as bowser droids retreat away after their work is done. Two more pilots get into each of the gunships; one pilot, one gunner. Clearly the other gunnery positions are left vacant for you, should you need them...

Captain Talmont stands at attention, waiting for you to board your gunship and depart.

Ronin
18 December 2004, 06:54 AM
"Veni, vidi, vici" (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar

With you all aboard and the doors sealed, the Centurion's magnetic field powers up and seals the gunships airtight.

The voices of the pilots and deck officer come over your commlinks...
"This is CR-20B-1962 Centurion requesting launch clearance."
"Centurion, you are cleared for launch. Proceed on course 330 to jump point Gamma."
Talmont snaps to attention and salutes as the transport gently lifts off from the hangar bay's deck.

Once the ship is far enough out of the hangar, the sublight engines kick in....you hardly feel the thrust as you're strapped into your seats...though you do wish they'd given you a transport with a little more speed.

The Koth's Honour Acclamator slowly shrinks away as the transport proceeds to the jump point. Looking out the windows you can see space...countless stars, each with a family of planets...home to billions of people...all steadily being forced to choose sides in the coming war...a war that you were created to fight in.
Created to win.

You've all been trained and screened for Space Adaption Sickness, but it still takes a little getting used to as the stars stretch to lines then swerl into the cloudy-blue of hyperspace, the pilot's countdown just background chatter in your mind as the blue of hyperspace reminds you of the equally turbulent waters of Kamino...your...home?

Some time later...

The Centurion shudders slightly as she decants from hyperspace.
"Sorry about that back there," crackles the pilot.
A small holocam display in the front of the gunship's cabin displays the view from the Centurion's forecameras: a dusty sphere of a planet, two stars rising over it's edge like a ring with two diamonds.

The transport rockets toward Tatooine.

All the advice of your individual training sergeants echoes through your minds...
and your blood surges through your veins.

The pilot's voice is barely audible as the ship enters Tatooine's atmosphere; "Grand Army of the Republic spaceways would like to welcome you to your destination of Tatooine. We advise tourists to avoid the locals at all costs and would like to inform you that today's weather forcast is for...hot. Please enjoy your stay."

Decending toward the planet surface, you find it hard to judge the distance...it's all just a barren expanse of sand...with a few mountains off to the north. Bellying out at what you'd judge to be a low altitude, the Centurion heads directly for the mountains to your north.....and eventually you can see a valley between two ranges: Beggar's Canyon. You're approaching from the south, which puts Mos Espa off to the north-west: your ten o'clock.

Slowing and pulling up slightly, the pilot takes the transport through the upper area of the Canyon, not daring to take such a bulky, stubborn craft through terrain better suited to a swoop.
"This is Centurion to Windwalker, we are a go for operation Eye of the Storm."
He then switches channels and speaks to you and the gunship pilots; "Clonehawks One and Two, prepare to deploy in five...four...three...two...one."
The gunship lurches and the deck seems to drop out from under you as its released from the docking clamps.
A moment later the engines kick in with a roar and you experience true acceleration as both gunships tear away from their mothership.
"Happy hunting gentlemen. See you soon. Centurion over and out."

As the gunships reach the end of Beggar's Canyon the air around them seems to thicken, and both ship slow. The air becomes hazy, the wind rises...even so you can hear it over the considerable engine noise...
before you know it, there's a hurricane raging around the two ships, 'safe' in the eye...

You can't see a thing outside. The pilots must be flying on instruments alone.

(OOC: I was gonna take you up to Mos Espa itself, but I'll leave it here for any comments along the way)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 December 2004, 09:15 AM
HD-350 was mostly silent for the duration of the trip, using a rag to polish his repeater. There wasn't much of a view - plenty of stars, white lines and stars again until the golden brown planet. It was interesting from that point on - might as well pay attention and get a glimpse of the planet befor the dust storm. never know what's going to happen.

Save for arrival, descent and flying over the canyon, the planet seemed fairly featureless. Once entering the dust storm, the transport being buffeted by the winds and the loose sand brushing against the hull much like the waves slapped around back on Kamino but the similarities ended there.. HD-350 found himself slightly concerned, one could barely make out the length of the wing much less anything else but dust and sand.

"You think we'll make it safely through this storm? Can't see a thing out there. Almost polar opposites to Kamino eh?" HD-350 comments to his bro's next to him

Kanner Ra'an
22 December 2004, 09:35 AM
"The pilots are quite compitant." Brand says in his usual monotonish voice, letting none of the reassurance that should have been their into the comment. "I doubt that this sand will impede our flight, and with our superior equipment, it can only help our assault and impede our opponents." He continues doing what he has been the entire flight, going over every single piece of equipment he caries. Even minor items get checked and double checked, and he pays special attention to the explosives he carries. "Though it does seem odd, a sandstorm. Something noone on Kamino would have dreamed of had they not seen it on holograms or in training. I imagine it should be just like Geonosis."

Vjerzag
22 December 2004, 11:02 AM
Wing enyojed the flight and once they see Tatooine he was almost happy. Adrenalin start to rise again. He listen to talk between Brand and Chiiko: I agree with a Brand, Geonosians where soldiers and this are mercenaries, they'll run off with first sign of trouble and guys if you agree with me - we mean trouble Wing smile and put his helmet back on his head. Silently smiling he start to visualise incoming battle, anticipating moves and analyzing whole attack plan. He was ready...

johnnyputrid
22 December 2004, 02:14 PM
RC-487 listened in as his comrades carried on about the weather and their enemies. He was confident of their abilities and of the mission, but he felt compelled to voice his feelings on the matter.

"Hey fellas, I don't doubt that we're gonna shred these guys, but remember, we're fighting on their turf. They know the terrain better, they deal with these sandstorms all the time. They might be just mercs, but they're obviously well paid mercs. Credits can make a man fight harder than ideals and money can buy some serious loyalty. My platoon had to fight through a bunch of mercs on Kirana III and they put up one hell of a fight. I'm the only one left out of that platoon, so that's gotta tell you something."

Looking back out into the chaos of the storm, RC-487 suddenly wishes he hadn't spoken those words. Sith's blood. I hope I didn't just curse us all.

"Okay, sorry guys. No more doom and gloom from me. Here, take these, for afterwards. Don't worry, I got plenty more of 'em."

Reaching into a pouch on his belt, he pulls out 6 vac-wrapped cylinders about as long as his hand. The sweet smell of pure Nubian t'bac emenates from each cigar. He was looking forward to lighting one up and puffing away, standing tall after a tough mission with one foot on the ground, and the other upon his enemy's corpse.

"And by the way...the name's Dutch."

Vanger Chevane
22 December 2004, 02:29 PM
Monkey go this way. Monkey go that way. Monkey pretty much jelly-fied. - EOD tech's description of a FAE Bomb test video

As Fengis listens to his new Squadbrothers and goes over fallback plans, his gear already been checked over very carefully and everything quickly locatable by touch alone, a wry smile crosses his face as he thinks <i>Swipe <b>one</b> lousy platoon of Troopers, and they give you an double squad of the worst troublemakers the Republic can muster, must be somebody's idea of a punishment...</i>


I agree with a Brand, Geonosians where soldiers and this are mercenaries, they'll run off with first sign of trouble and guys if you agree with me - we mean trouble
Remebering his last mission - the one that went so wrong and somehow managed to get him promoted. "Don't count on it. Some of these people have nothing to lose, and that's and extremely dangerous foe to be facing.

The population also implies the strong possibility of an unpredictable situation and responses, anything from a farmer with Lum Goggles and a blaster to very professional assassins and guards. Plus the Baktoid and illegally-modified Droids.

Stay alert and keep your head, or you may find yourself without one."

Rostek
22 December 2004, 02:37 PM
Stiev remained quiet most of the trip- the solumnity of the moment (or, rather, period) was such that he didn't feel the compulsion to voice his opinion of the mission itself and their current status.
It must be a Jedi-- but which one is it? Stiev thought absentmindedly.
He had, of course, suspected that this contact who could miraculously create a storm out of nothing was one of those glowrod swingers, but that fact was irrelevant in the face of the mission.
He listened half-heartedly to the banter of the others- some of them seemed rather confident in their success, but thankfully, "Dutch" (as the clone had recently revealed his name to be) added a tone of caution that Stiev suspected would serve this lot well.
The infamous clone then accepted Dutch's proffered cigar and inserts the tube into an empty pouch in his belt.
"Filthy habit, you know-- however I'll be perfectly inclined to share a drag with you lot after we get out of this mission." Stiev said, turning his neck far to the right until it popped, then repeating the motion to the other side.
"Dutch is right, of course; Mercs, especially ones the CIS employs, can be just as good- if not better than- regulars. On my first mission- during the relief of ORD Malvo in the Mid Rim- we ran into a squad of mercs the IBC was using to cover their assets in the sector, Iotrans, and they tore up the regulars pretty good. They killed our scout and the engineer in an ambush- they took 'em out with a plasma mine and fell on our rear guard. We lost a couple more guys wounded. 'Course, those Iotrans are a ton better than the lot we can expect, but still, it's always something to keep in mind." Stiev offered

Kanner Ra'an
22 December 2004, 08:03 PM
"Dutch is right, of course; Mercs, especially ones the CIS employs, can be just as good- if not better than- regulars. On my first mission- during the relief of ORD Malvo in the Mid Rim- we ran into a squad of mercs the IBC was using to cover their assets in the sector, Iotrans, and they tore up the regulars pretty good. They killed our scout and the engineer in an ambush- they took 'em out with a plasma mine and fell on our rear guard. We lost a couple more guys wounded. 'Course, those Iotrans are a ton better than the lot we can expect, but still, it's always something to keep in mind." Stiev offered

"Of course. Any being with an inclination and the means to fight is dangerous. Thank you." Brand says, accepting one of the cigars offerd and gives it a quick examination. "However they are still regular sentient beings in the end. Despite skill and experience they do still suffer the same failings and faults that all sentients do. Thats why the republic paid for a clone army instead of a mercenary one." Brand finishes, never changing from his monotonish voice, and thinks about the cigars. It is a high physical price to pay for an indulgence. Still, it should serve to relieve some stress, and will only enhance the body's tolerance so long as over-indulgance does not become an issue. he thinks to himself as he often does. He breifly wonders what the sensation is like, and has an urge to smoke the t'bac right away. However his logical mind supresses the thought into nothingness, and the urge is put into the back of his mind with the million others that enter his head.

Ronin
25 December 2004, 11:36 PM
"In war there is no substitute for victory" - General Douglas MacArthur, US

"Time-on-target: one minute," comes the pilot's clipped, professional tone.
Outside there's just a wall of moving sand and the howling wind. Looking down you can just about see the ground...sand-coloured buldings pass under the gunship as it hurtles along...not so high above the rooftops of those buildings...

"Fierfek!" comes a cry from the pilot of Clonehawk One. Your twin gunship lurches to one side, narrowly missing a tower as it suddenly looms out of the impenetrable storm, "that wasn't on the recon data!" he curses, regaining control and pulling ahead slightly.
"Must be a new construction," replies Clonehawk Two's pilot, "the sensors are having trouble penetrating the storm very deeply."

Clonehawk One continues to pull ahead, it's side doors opening so Theta squad can fast-rope down onto the rooftops and secure the Mos Espa junction for you...

"Thirty seconds."

You hear the whine of generators and power coils as the gunner powers up the forward AP lasers.

"Ten seconds"

The doors side open.

And suddenly, as if it was never there, the wind dies and clouds of sand rain down on the surrounding area...and you get your first real view of Mos Espa: the streets have thankfully been emptied by the sandstorm...there's a few parked landspeeders and swoops, no-one in sight, just a jumble of sandstone buildings and mud-huts...with the target cantina dead ahead.

Mission Time- 00:00:00

Clonehawk Two decelerates rapidly, pulling up her nose and one of Theta squad's commandoes fast-ropes down onto the building directly opposite the cantina. Dropping to a crouch, DC-17 in his arms, he scans the rooftop, the junction and the road heading south/south-east. By this time another commando has secured the rooftop of the building just east of the target cantina, another is roping down to cover the cantina's back door.
As you watch, the other three are positioned on other rooftops, covering all the cantina's exits, and the roads of the junction.

Mission Time- 00:00:13

Clonehawk One kicks in her repulsors and rises rapidly, rotating to scan the surrounding area and provide cover.
"Em-tee two-oh-four, the area is secure, move in," calls Theta's sergeant; AL-4649.
Clonehawk Two sidles over to the cantina, lowering so that three of you can step out directly onto the rooftop and the other three can rope down to the front door...

Rostek
27 December 2004, 01:07 PM
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio; contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium. Imperat illi Deus; supplices deprecamur: tuque, Princeps militiae coelestis, Satanam aliosque spiritus malignos, qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo, divina virtute in infernum detrude. Amen - Prayer To St. Michael The Archangel

Stiev's heart jumped a beat upon Theta's brush with a grisly death- You'd think a recent sweep would have noticed that... that certainly doesn't give me much hope for the rest of our intel he thought.
Hearing the comm call, Stiev waits for Fengis to make the call to dismount.
Well- the Sarge always said "Expect the unexpected"... I guess this is the perfect opportunity for the unexpected, as evidenced by that tower. he shuddered- hopefully there wasn't a squadron of Droideka's waiting for them on the other side of that wall.

Vanger Chevane
27 December 2004, 02:41 PM
Forward through shot and shell, straight into the mouth of Hell - Charge of the Light Brigade


"Time-on-target: one minute,"
They're better at combat than you are, let them fill in the details so you don't get in the way. "Last Check, pick an IP for One (Insertion Point, Wing & Chiiko agree where we go in). and decide if we go as soon as we hit, or coordinate entry.

As the LAAT lumbers around the tower with all the sinewy grace of a bloated Bantha cracks a sarcastic joke to relax his squadbrothers a bit "Tattooine's Permit Office is such a bastion of reliability..."


"Thirty seconds."
"Snap in, Doorman on point." Clips his harness to one of the outer ropes, checks his gear & the one next to him for anything that'd cause a snag or worse. Seeing everything's good to go, gives the center man a sharp pat on the back.


"Ten seconds"
"Heat em up." Takes a high cover position to prevent anyone from picking off Wing or Chiiko on their way down. Needlessly checks his HUD to make sure the other team is set.



"Em-tee two-oh-four, the area is secure, move in,"
"Roger that." Leaving it open for his new squadbrothers to decide for themselves whether he means entrances or heads "Kick em in." Continues to cover until the moment Wing hits the deck and Chiiko is halfway down, then steps out the door with his Deece trained on the building, ready to pick off anyone stupid enough to try a shot through one of the windows.

johnnyputrid
27 December 2004, 02:41 PM
"We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic, electronic ball-breakers! We got nukes, knives, sharp sticks..."
- PVT Hudson, Aliens

As the dropship closes in on the rooftop, Dutch double-checks his Firelance, locking it on its stun setting and adjusting the sling so the weapon drapes across his chest within easy reach. Hands now free, he removes his Merr-Sonn 44 and knife, holding each at the ready. He much preferred to use a pistol in any situation, but having the rifle nearby was comforting. Feeling the tension mount up in his chest and stomach, he recalls the words of his training sergeant...

"When youse're fixing to make the drop, youse're gonna tense up. That's fine. Its normal, even for us vets. Youse just gotta focus that tension. Imagine all that nervousness 'n fear running along yer arm and into yer weapon. Then, when the first enemy bastard that pokes his noggin around the corner, go on and unload all that fear 'n tension right into his skull."

Can't argue with that advice. Time seems to slow to crawl as the dropship mhakes its way to the rooftops. Dutch holds back the impulse to just GO, and readies himself for the order to disperse. He hoped his new squad leader knew that violence of action was the key to success in operations like these, and so far he had seen no reason not to trust the man. He was the Sergeant after all, and he was calling the shots.

Watching Theta squad make its drop, Dutch relaxes, if only slightly. At least the roof wasn't rigged to blow. Looks like Murphy the Hutt might has something else in store for us. Hearing the SL's call to move, Dutch wastes no time, jumping to the deck as the dropship overs the roof. His armored boots crunch into the sand-laden tile as he drops to a crouch, pistol scanning for targets. As he waits for his brothers to move in, he hits the chin-mike in his helmet.

"In position, looks green. Ready to move, Boss."


OOC:
My team has the second-story targets, correct? If not, I'll re-edit for the fastrope descent.

Rostek
27 December 2004, 03:09 PM
When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains,
And the women come out to cut up what remains,
Jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.
- Rudyard Kipling "The Young British Soldier"
Stiev charges his rifle, rubbing his index finger along the bottom of the trigger guard. As Fengis gives the go, Stiev watches as point-man Dutch jumps off the bird onto the roof. As was the plan, Stiev followed approximatly 2 seconds behind, jumping onto the sun-baked tile of the cantina roof. Keying his helmet mike, he quickly followed Dutch's 'go'- "That's a rog, guys- I'm on your right, Point." and scans the right side of the building with his rifle, waiting for any sentinals to jump out of their hiding spots at the team.

Kanner Ra'an
28 December 2004, 01:55 PM
Brand rushes out with his rifle slung over his shoulder. He quickly selects the best position possible and starts removing his demolition equipment, setting up to blow a decent sized entry hole for the team. "Breaching in progress." he says to the other two with him, trusting that noone is going to take him out with the expert clones watching his back. The one problem with work like this is that you have to put all your concentration into it or you risk your targets and your team.

OOC: Demoltion check to set up the explosives to blow a nice entry hole in the roof.

Vjerzag
28 December 2004, 02:53 PM
thirty seconds. I'm ready Wing open his eyes preparing to jump to the roof. As the signal is given he jump and land softly on roof top, he roll over and move into position to cover his team mates. His hand on the gun and ready for action he glances toward Brand checking if all is set for action.

OOC: Wing action - jump and roll check 9 roll + 8 tumble - 1 armor penalty = 16, spot check: 14 roll + 10 spot = 24 and he ready his pistol

Ronin
1 January 2005, 05:37 PM
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel


Originally posted by Vjerzag
thirty seconds. I'm ready Wing open his eyes preparing to jump to the roof. As the signal is given he jump and land softly on roof top, he roll over and move into position to cover his team mates. His hand on the gun and ready for action he glances toward Brand checking if all is set for action.


Please read as:

Originally posted by Vjerzag
thirty seconds. I'm ready Wing open his eyes preparing to fastrope to the ground. As the signal is given he ropes down and lands softly on the sandy road, he roll over and move into position to cover his team mates. His hand on the gun and ready for action he glances toward Fengis checking if all is set for action.
:)

OOC: I'll have a full update for you after we see what Chiiko does.:clonetpr:

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 January 2005, 01:21 AM
"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."
--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR, "Last of The Lancers"
-- AFC 32

Eta: One Minute: Almost at drop point. Fortyfive seconds: Near fatality avoided. Thirty Seconds: Brace for any Surprises. Ten Seconds: Door opens, ready for drop. Chiiko counts down silently in his head, until the Sarge ordered:
"Heat em up."

Everyone stood in line and rappeled down the rope one by one as trained to do. Chiiko was pretty much at the back of the line, those making the rooftop entry went first. Then Wing went, then it was his own turn. Chiiko Snapped the clip onto the line, firmly gripped the rope his left hand, gripped the repeater with his right, ready for anything and jumped down. Knees slightly bent, He hit ground and into a partial crouch as the wieght and momentum was absorbed by strong muscles in his legs.

Chiiko used the moment to sweep his gaze and his gyro-waist mounted repeater around at 180 degrees. Standing fully upright, "Chiiko groundside. Area Clear. I got your back." Chiiko reported into the comlink. He then proceeds to takeup a fire support position slightly to the right and behind his teamates, his back to the building and facing the streets, his feet in a readied stance.

Until they breached the entrance, this was Chiiko's job. Nobody was going to sneak up on them. Chiiko gently depressed the trigger, spinning up the barrel. At split second's notice, he'd be able to lay down a barrage of suppression fire onto a single spot or sweep the area. Momentarily wishing he had the shoulder mounted launcher but only for a split second as the suit's coolant system kicked in, providing a refreshing coolnes that would allow him to stay sharp. With his left hand, he reach back to his pack and drew the launcher, held it at the ready as it was pre-loaded for a single shot. He'd have to make the right call when to fire it, as reloading it would be a hassle with both hands full. Thats the one reason he prefered the shoulder mount.

Chiiko waited for the Sarge to hit ground and give the order.

OOC: Actions: Knowledge (Tactics) +9, Search +9, Spot +7. Draws Grenade Launcher with left hand

Ronin
2 January 2005, 07:11 PM
"To have good soldiers, a nation must always be at war." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Mission Time- 00:00:14
Clonehawk Two powers up it's repulsors as soon as Fengis detaches himself from the fastrope. She pulls up and joins Clonehawk One in circling over the city.

Brand sprays a can of the thermal gel in a rough man-sized oval in the center of the upper corridor, pushes in a mini-detonator and steps back. The charge is set.

With Dutch to the left of the planned breach, Brand and Stiev to the right of it. The three of you can hear movement in the western-most private room, and the south-eastern private room...maybe two individuals in each room.
Wait, someone leaves the western room, in a hurry too! You can hear light, rapid footsteps (definitely not combat boots) running along the upper corridor.
Dutch, covering the others, spots movement at the window of the south-eastern private room (JP: check your PMs).

Chiiko, covering the intersection, can see down three of the four roads that come together...and you can see that the engine noise of the gunships is drawing people back out after the storm. In ones and twos, steadily more and more people are coming out of the surrounding buildings to see what's going on...all are dressed in shabby clothing typical for Tatooine (or so you learned from the briefing files). A few spot Theta commandoes on the rooftops and point. Thankfully most quickly head back to their homes when they spot heavily armed and armoured soldiers in their city, not wanting to get envolved...
though a few individuals (seemingly unarmed) are approaching the junction. It's Theta's job to keep them out of your hair.

The cantina's main door is a rusty brown plasteel plate, with a control pannel to the left of it, power lights on. Chiiko and Wing: you hear a shutter open on one of the windows to the left of the door, Fengis sees it open (Vanger: check your PMs;))
With Chiiko to the right of the door, Fengis lands to the left, Wing is infront and just to the left, out of LOS if anyone suddenly opened the door.

"Theta leader to Kappa leader. The natives are getting curious. We will contain them."

"This is Clonehawk Two. We have movement over at Mampossa's old palace. Three individuals on a rooftop veranda have eyeballed us."
"I copy Two, this is One, we are also reading movement in a tower at Jabba's townhouse."
Mission Time- 00:00:19

Vanger Chevane
2 January 2005, 09:31 PM
"The Plan only works until Enemy Contact is made." - unknown

Having instinctively brawn a bead on the Klatooinan, shakes his head slowly to indicate You don't want any of this but peripherally keeps his aim waiting for it to make a stupid move while continuing to watch for any other surprises on the way down.


"Fierfek, They know we're here. Wing pop our door ASAP, Team Two drop in and say hello. Don't risk yourself or the mission, but try not to waste noncombatants if possible."


"Theta leader to Kappa leader. The natives are getting curious. We will contain them."
"Roger that, keep a sharp out for the targets, they may evac. Remember we'd like the Skak intact, but pop him if he's gonna escape."

"So much for Short and Simple, let's just get it done."

johnnyputrid
3 January 2005, 04:22 AM
"Indeed, if thou hurteth in thy efforts and thou suffer painful dings, then thou art Doing It Right."
- Richard Marcinko, founder of SEAL Team Six

Spotting movement out of the corner of his visor, Dutch glances towards the south-east corner of the roof. Noting a lone Gamorrean stick his snout out of a window, he immediately tracks his Merr-Sonn 44 in that direction. The porcine creature had a clear line of sight to Theta Squad, but hadn't seemed to noticed his squad yet. The surprised look on the creature's face indicated that company of this sort was the last thing he was expecting.

Well I never heard of a non-combatant Gamorrean, so I'm guessing he's hired muscle. If he spooks his buddies, this whole ride is for nothing. Better let the Boss know the bad guys know we're a-callin'. Keying his chin-mike, Dutch steadies his aim and makes a quick burst on the squad channel.

"Boss, got a pig-guard on the roof, southeast corner. He's spotted Theta. One roasted pig, coming up."

While sending his message, he lines his front sight square up with the creature's forehead and lets off a quick douple-tap. Keeping the squad channel open, he talks as he fires. "Stiev, Brand, looks like the baddies know we're not here to check the meter. Hope you guys're ready to go."


(OOC - full attack, aiming for the head)

Rostek
3 January 2005, 07:07 AM
"Stiev, Brand, looks like the baddies know we're not here to check the meter. Hope you guys're ready to go."
Stiev grimaced- "Stang! Alright, Brand, blow the roof and let's try to maintain some semblence of situational control." Stiev stood back from the hole and trained his rifle on the slightly gooey spot where Brand had sprayed the boom-gel, waiting to open fire should a target present itself under the newly opened hole.

[OOC: Ready action to fire on target of opportunity. Curses, we've been foiled :rolleyes: ]

Kanner Ra'an
7 January 2005, 11:52 AM
"Explosives in place." Brand says calmly as he readies the charge and backs a safe distance away. Looking around first to make sure no one is in a vunerable position once the hole is open, he holds the detonator in his left hand and his rifle in his right. "Ready. Detonating." he warns, pushing on the button and setting the explosives. Ones the man sized hole is clean, his left hand flies into position and he moves through the hole, ready to fire on any unfriendlies.

OOC: Im assuming its a free action to detonate. Then a move action to enter through the hole, and an attack action if their are any non vital personal around.

Vjerzag
10 January 2005, 10:19 PM
Wing is waiting for detonation. As soon as charges explode he make 2 meter move and with a salto he jump into room and land in kneeling position. His heavy blaster is ready for use and he fire on first target he see.

OOC: tumble salto, spot check and attack.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 January 2005, 09:19 PM
"Life is a carnival,
but the tents are folded before dawn."

Beano Tavalis,
"The Armendago Caper,"
CY 727

Chiiko waited for Theta Squad to aknowledge the unknowns still lingering in the street. A bit more comm chatter and reports from those on the roof. He then released the tension on the trigger finger, the barrel begun spinning down.

Turning around, the door was not yet blown. Chiiko figured it was up to him, and doors weren't much of a problem. Activating the team channel, speaking "Applying shaped charge to ground entrance."

Walking over to the door, he reached around and pulled out a can of gelled explosives, and applied the substance at the left & right seams of the door.

"Setting charge for Ten Sec delay at mark... "
Then affixed the mini charge to the door, keyed in a 10 second delay. hitting the set button.

"Mark! Clear!!!"

Chiiko gripped the trigger of his underslung, spinning up the barrel as he quickly hustled a few steps away, and turned around, ready - as his teamates were...

Ronin
12 January 2005, 06:36 AM
Pressure makes diamonds. - General George Patton Jr

The sights of Dutch's blaster lined up perfectly on the pig’s temple, his first bolt lances out, striking the Gamorrean in the face and taking a chunk of skin with it, the second just scrapes his cheek as he reels back into the room squealing like a stuck pig ;).
The window sill is splattered with green blood.
(OOC: nice shot! First shot of the game and it’s a critical!)

The Klat' at the end of Fengis' sights trembles visibly and sticks his hands through the window, holding them up, empty and palms out, either side of his leathery face.

Stiev stands ready, rifle in the aim, waiting for Brand to blow the charge, his pulse strong but controlled, hammering in his ears.

As Brand triggers the detonator a flash of light tears its way around the gelled area of wall and with a thunderous crack, the oval of wall flies inwards, muffling a scream from within. Quickly but precisely, he moves through the hole, rifle ready.
A meter to the east of the entry point a human woman lies on the ground: the source of the scream. She's covered in sandstone dust and fragments, but you can't see any blood. Or weapons. She's lying on the ground, face down with her hands over her ears, screaming and occasionally pausing for breath. The rest of the corridor seems to be empty. You noticed that the door to the western private room was closed (it's now behind you), the door at the east-end of this short corridor is open and the doors to the north-eastern and south-eastern rooms are just over three meters ahead of you. You can see part of the stairwell, but not the top. Over the woman's screaming, you can't hear much. You thank the designers of your Katarn armour for the built in noise-reduction.

Mission Time- 00:00:21

"This is Clonehawk Two, we are recieving small arms fire from the palace. Returning fire."
The veranda of Mampossa's old palace is stitched with vivid blue bolts as Two's gunner rakes the rooftop with one of the AP laser cannons.

"Theta leader. We have a runner! A Shistavanen just bolted out the rear door of the cantina..."
You hear two crisp blaster bolts over the comlink before Theta leader speaks again,
"The area is secure."

Mission Time - 00:00:24

The end of Chiiko's "Clear!" is punctuated by a resounding CRACK like a Gundark's knuckle as the main door to the cantina is blown inwards.

The interior of the cantina is quite well lit by glow-globes suspended from the ceiling, with a raised band stage to the north-west (currently occupied by a group of four quivering Bith trying to hide behind their instrument cases), the bar itself to the north-east (the bartender, if any, is nowhere to be seen, though the back door is wide open), with a scattering of tables between there and you at the door. A dozen or so terrified patrons have dived under tables, though you instantly pick out your targets:
a pair of Gamorreans in their racial-trademark shoddy armour stand by several knocked-over ales at the bar, vibro-axes in their hands. A nervous-looking Gotal stands between them, a blaster pistol in his hands.
Four identical-looking Verpine have already upended their tables and are crouching behind them, drawing weapons.
And a heavily armoured Iotran Braceman with a bulky-looking blaster rifle already in the aim crouches at the corner nearest to the rest room.
He grunts at you;
"You guys picked the wrong people to f-"
Mission Time - 00:00:26
"Fire!" comes the pilot's voice as a pair of rockets arc out from under Clonehawk One's wings and streak toward Jabba's townhouse, terminating in one of the corner towers as a pair of Weequay in the tower race to ready a blaster cannon. The fireball is visible to Dutch and Brand on the rooftop.

Wing rolls into the room as the dust is barely setting, coming up kneeling, you center your sights on the right-hand Gamorrean (you spotted him first) and squeeze off a shot...searing a hole in his slap-dash armour (a VP hit).

"Commandoes, this is Hawk Two we have large numbers of armed personnel exiting the palace, and the city is starting to wake up again. Be advised."

"Copy that Two. Kappas, Theta will hold the perimeter. We've got your backs."
Mission Time - 00:00:28

johnnyputrid
12 January 2005, 07:12 AM
"It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
- General H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Dutch's first shot catches the Gamorrean in the face, his second doing a bit less damage, but the end result is the same. He can hear the squeals as the guard reels in pain and disappears from sight. Knowing that Gamorreans usually run from superior opponents, Dutch hopes he has sent the correct signal to the creature. If it was smart, it would hit the ground and stay there until for a while. But knowing that things rarely ever go as planned, he couldn't be sure.

"Boss, team, this is Dutch. Tagged a piggie, but he ducked back into the room. He's hurt, but he might still be kicking. Advise caution. I'm mov-"

The sound of multiple charges detonating cuts Dutch off in mid-sentence. He watches Brand rush into the room, noting that Stiev has moved to a covering position just outside the smouldering doorway. Only seconds later, another explosion echoes in the distance, with a clear fireball visible from the direction of the townhouse. Though his helmet's sound-dampening lessens the impacts, the background com-chatter is still a bit hard to make out. Sounds like were not the only ones having some fun today. Okay, time to move. Noting on his helmet's HUD that his teammates are all still healthy and functional, Dutch decides to make his move. He glances at the open doorway that Stiev has covered, but decides that perhaps there might be a quicker way into the west private room. Hussling over to the west window, he takes a hefty swing with his Merr-Sonn and bashes the window.

"Get ready for another thump, fellas. I'm chucking a stunner into the west room."

Holstering his knife for second, Dutch reaches for a C-10 stun grenade from his utility belt and dashes for the west window.

(OOC)
Moving to the west window (move action); retrieving a stun grenade (free action), followed by an attempt to bash the window with my pistol, or if that isn't sufficient, I'll try to shoot out the glass instead (attack action); next action would be to throw a stun grenade into the room, then enter the room (attack, then move in the next round)

Rostek
12 January 2005, 09:26 AM
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
- President Muffley, Dr. Strangelove

Stiev hears the radio traffic, and nod's Dutch's way as the scout clone makes for the window.

"Get ready for another thump, fellas. I'm chucking a stunner into the west room."
"That's a rog, Dutch- moving into building", said Stiev who then rolled into the breach, then moving down the hallway toward his assigned room. "What's the situation downstairs? Have you sited any targets?" Stiev asked over the team intercom.

[OOC: 2 Move actions to just outside of assigned room]

Kanner Ra'an
12 January 2005, 12:13 PM
"Ground team, be advised we have a non-combatant. Human female, minimal threat." Brand reports, looking over the prone woman for threats. "Moving to the private room." he says, now on the team channel. He procedes to his right (OOC: left on the map), holding his blaster at the ready. "Waiting for the stun." As soon as the he hears the pop of the stun grenade, Brand opens the door, ready for anything inside.

OOC: New actions, i'll procede down the hallway, then ready a free action to open the door and an attack action if anyone is still standing (Unless their our priority target.)

Vjerzag
12 January 2005, 05:26 PM
Still in kneeling position Wing reconsider his position Not good, not good at all. His adrenaline level is way high. He touch one of the button and speak over intercomm:Chiiko, Fengis throw frag granades inside, too much oposition. With this he rise , take one of his frag grenades and throw it over the back in the room on the way out.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 January 2005, 01:51 PM
"Copy that Wing! How about a stunner or two instead?" Chiiko responds, stepping to the doorway, reaching back with his left hand, brings up the GLII/sa grenade launcher, pre-loaded.

Getting a brief glance inside, using the doorframe as cover, as Wing dashes out, Chiiko angles the barrel upwards a little to aim for somewheres between the far right back wall and the center of room. Chiiko pulls the trigger, >Click-Fwoomp!< and the grenade goes flying. Chiiko depresses the trigger a second time, aiming slightly higher.

"Sarge, Wing, help yourselves if you need, i've got plenty of each to go around."

OOC: half cover, off hand shots, first shot aimed for the near back/ central area, second shot closer to central or room... both stun grenades.

Vanger Chevane
16 January 2005, 02:39 AM
Adapt, Improvise, Overcome - Mantra of US Army Basic Training

Bringing up the rear, Fengis slams into the other side of the doorway as Chiiko pumps 2 grenades inside and trains his Deece on the Iotran's Frontal Lobe.

Think yer gonna pop my Brothers, got a few Kilojoules of Attitude Adjustment right here for ya.

"Party downstairs, can't see the Guests of Honor. Either 'Hawk run a Pinpoint Scan for em yet?"

Ronin
16 January 2005, 03:00 AM
“This is the true art of genetic selection and manipulation. A human is naturally a learning creature, but it is also violent, selfish, lustful, and undisciplined. So we must walk the knife-edge between suppressing the factors that lead to disobedience and destroying that prized capacity for applying intelligence and aggression.” - Hali Ke, senior research research geneticist of Kamino


“Clonehawk One here. Groups of armed individuals…20 and growing are making their way along the road to the north of the block. We have two speeder-trucks with heavy repeaters moving down the north-south road to the east of the cantina. We’re a little stretched to deal with both…” the pilot says as the gunner pours fire down on Jabba’s people flooding out of the townhouse.

“Theta leader. Hawk One, we can deal with anyone who makes it to the crossroads.”

The Gotal raises his blaster pistol, aiming at Wing…but from his stance you can see he’s hardly ever fired the thing. It looks awkward in his hands, not an extension of his arm. Accordingly, the resulting blaster bolt misses by a parsec.
With bellows, the two Gamorreans draw blasters and advance, seeking cover ducked behind tables between them and you.
Still on the rooftop, Dutch puts out the window of the west room and readies a stunner.

With a crack like thunder, Wing’s shoulder armour explodes and he is spun a quarter turn to the left by the hammerblow. One of the Verpine (number 2), crouched behind an upturned table, blows the smoke from the barrel of his shattergun. (19VPs gone!)
(OOC: I know railguns don’t actually smoke, but what the hell!)

Stepping half into the doorway, aiming over Wing, Chiiko’s stun grenades sail into the cantina detonating with staggered booms and blinding flashes. The Gotal crumples to the floor out of sight having been closest to the first grenade. The right- and left-most Verpines also drop. The other Verpines, the two Gamorreans and the Braceman flinch away from the flash, protecting their eyes and ears. A few of the other dozen or so bystanders scream (more) and a couple are silenced by the grenades.

Stiev moves to outside the door of the south-east private room, fully anticipating a wounded, but enraged Gamorrean within.

Shoulder throbbing, Wing lobs a frag toward the back of the room as he turns and runs back out the room. It lands near the bar, fragments tearing through the unconscious Gotal leaving his shredded remains scattered across the bar, spanging off the Braceman’s armour at the edge of the blast and the Gamorrean that Wing hit earlier takes more in his armour. The racks of alcohol behind the bar, are sadly less fortunate…creating a fireball behind the bar.

Seeing no clear threat from the prone, still screaming woman, Brand moves to the door of the west-room, waiting for Dutch to stun it. He can hear movement inside, a single individual…heavy footsteps moving away from the door.

Fengis’ shot streaks out, hitting the Iotran hard in the faceplate of his armour and causing him to stumble back toward the toilet.

“Clonehawk One to Kappa leader. We will make a sensor sweep of the building on our next pass.”

Mission Time – 00:00:32

“FIERFEK!” cries out Clonehawk Two’s pilot, swerving as a missile of some kind lances upwards from the crowds exiting Mampossa’s palace…

Kanner Ra'an
16 January 2005, 07:37 AM
"Going in." Brand says as he opens the door to the room quickly, using the left side for as much cover as possible. As soon as it is open, he fires at any moving target (OOC: Again, unless their one we need alive), doing nothing fancy and aiming for the chest. If the room is clear, he enters carefully, hoping the stun grenade has done its job well.

OOC: Open the door, use my attack action on any none priority people moving in their, and then if its clear Brand will enter the room. If its not, then he'll stay put and use the wall for cover till it is.

Rostek
16 January 2005, 09:58 AM
Stiev, bracing himself, pulls a stunner from his belt and pulls the pin.
He then kicks down the door and throws in the grenade. Leaning in from behind the doorframe, Stiev scans the room for targets with his rifle.

Vjerzag
16 January 2005, 11:26 PM
Adrenaline is running high inside him so Wing did not even notice to be shot. Without to much thinking Wing turn around once granades are off and run back inside. We have a mission to acomplish and no scum will stop us. He come close to one Verpine and blast him from point blank distance in head

OOC: Move action, while running he look for IXILIJ (spot check) if he recognize him than he attack him otherwise he attack Verpine number 2. In run he switch his blaster to multifire setting and attack from point blank range, head shot.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
17 January 2005, 03:25 AM
Instruments of destruction
Tools of powerplays
It's a violent eruption
Existence drips away
- N.R.G.

When Chiiko first tossed the grenades, he was unsure exactly where the targets were taking cover. Though the moment the verpine popped up from behind the table cover and took a chunk of Wing's shoulder plating, Chiiko knew exactly where to lay down some fire.....

Speaking over the channel, "Need some cover fire or retribution Wing? Cooked Vermin comin right up!" Chiiko asked with an amused grin

As Wing began his dash through the room, Chiiko sidestepped to the left of the door frame, so the reapeater on his right had full clearance of the doorway. Standing firmly in place, he swiftly brought his underslung to bear onto the table where the verpine hid and depressed the trigger all the way, aiming it through the midsection of the table that the nearest verpine was.

OOC: half cover, Multishot mode for +4/+4/+4/+4/-1 , 5 shots effective at the verpine who fired at Wing :D If on kill and theres shots remaining, swing to next table over...

Ronin
20 January 2005, 06:58 AM
“ He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight. He will win who knows how to handle both superior and inferior forces. He will win whose army is animated by the same spirit throughout all its ranks. He will win who, prepared himself, waits to take the enemy unprepared. He will win who has military capacity and is not interfered with by the sovereign. -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Dutch leans away from the wall briefly to lob a C-10 stunner into the west private room, after a single dull metallic thud, which comes surprisingly quickly, there’s a flash and a boom (taking out the rest of the glass, which patters like Kaminoan rainwater off your armour). He then makes his way to the breach and the upper-floor’s main corridor where he sees a surprising sight in the room over Brand's shoulder...

The pair of Gamorreans still lie behind tables in the cantina’s main room, trying to shake the ringing out of their ears and rub the darkness from their piggy eyes….while the fire behind the bar grows, consuming bottles of booze at a rate that would make a hard-core alcoholic jealous.

“Clonehawk Two to Clonehawk One, Kappa and Theta squads. Be aware: the enemy have RPGs. Repeat: the enemy have RPGs,” the pilot says in a controlled voice, then less well modulated; “b’stards nearly took my head off.”

The right and leftmost Verpines, having collapsed under the assault of Chiiko’s two C-10’s, are still out of sight, and the one who shot Wing (number 2) is visibly shaken, though he, she, it? is quickly pulling itself together.

“Kappa-four here. I have six armed individuals approaching the junction from the south. Engaging.” You hear a couple of shots over his last word.

Mission Time – 00:00:33

The whine of the Merr-Sonn Underslung Rotary Blaster Carbine’s six barrels reaches fever-pitch. Chiiko can feel the metal beast tugging at his finger, pleading for him to tickle its trigger.
He squeezes. Hard.
The whine is replaced by a feral roar as the table and the Verpine behind it disappear in a cloud of woodchips and green gore.
(OOC: I won’t go into the detail of the roles, but suffice to say they were needlessly high, and Verpine 2 is no more).

As Stiev boots the door in, there comes a grunt from within as a Gamorrean with half his face melted raises his vibro-axe. Tossing your C-10 straight at him, you have to duck back out of the room as his axe decends. His squeal is drowned out by the stunner’s boom. With your back to the wall, the door in front of you (to the northern room) opens…

With the Verpine who shot him now mashed into a bloody pool by Chiiko’s fire, Wing darts back into the room, picks his way across the scattered, upturned furniture and fires at the other stunned Verpine, aiming for the large insect’s head as it reaches out for it’s shattergun; dropped when the stunners went off. Maybe it’s the dull ache in your shoulder, but your shot goes wide, scoring the cantina floor over the prone insect’s shoulder. Grasping its strange alien gun it rolls onto its back, hastily aiming at you.
You remember your training sergeant telling you how fragile Verpine shatterguns are. One good jolt and fifty percent of the time they’re fragged.
Clearly this Verpine’s no Corellian…he fires.
And you thank the Force when you hear the hail of metallic projectiles impact the ceiling above your head.

Brand opens the door as soon as Dutch’s stunner goes off, to find himself face-to-face with the dull crimson chrome and glowing visual receptors of a Droideka. Guns out. Shield humming blue in the air between them. Clearly it was slightly shaken by the C-10 that appears to have gone off point-blank on its casing, but they’re not known for staying confused for long. In your peripheral vision you notice the prone form of a figure in a bulky pressure suit, before you jam the muzzle of your rifle square against the droid’s energy shield and fire. The shield and the droid’s armour absorb much of the shot, but some gets through. Not enough to put it down.

“Clonehawk One to Kappa leader. Upper floor: west room one droid, one living in powered armour, north room one living in powered armour, south room one living. Ground floor: too many lifesigns to distinguish, but one in powered armour.”

Mission Time – 00:00:34

Fengis tracks the Iotran as he stumbles backwards and fires twice. The first shot hit’s the Braceman’s thick armour again, the second taking a chunk from the corner wall. Now you’ve got a better look at him, you recognise his rifle as a SoroSuub Duo’. His armour also clearly mounts a weapon or two on the forearms.

The door infront of Stiev opens to reveal another Braceman. Barely two meters in front of you he fires his Duo’, slamming you into the wall hard but your bacon is saved by your armour. (-9VP)

The Braceman downstairs raises his Duo’ to return Fengis’s favour, both bolts hitting you hard in the chestplate (-15VPs).

“Theta leader to Kappa leader. My men are reporting more and more hostiles incoming. We are receiving fire.”

Mission Time – 00:00:36

OOC: Edited because I'm a sleepy-head and I counted DR for VP-hits. Now corrected. More pain for all :D

Ronin
20 January 2005, 07:08 AM
(updated op-map)

Rostek
20 January 2005, 07:28 AM
We have met the enemy, and they are Ours!
-Oliver Hazard Perry


"Not good!" Stiev shouts as the Iotran's shot impacts his armor-- and fizzles out. A well made suit, I must say. he quickly thinks.
The Iotran's positioning, however, leaves him vunerable to Stiev's point blank rifle shots, and the clone commando makes sure there are plenty to be vunerable to.

[OOC: As many shots as I am entitled to, w/ PBS into that bad boy B)]

Vanger Chevane
20 January 2005, 03:42 PM
You know what to do with it, right?
Pull the pin and get the frak rid of it.
You'd better. - Conversation during Live Grenade Training immediately following a bobble by the previous trainee.

Grunts taking that double-tap, but Fengis' armor proves to be up to task.
Deece isn't that effective against his armor, Switch up.

Pulling a Stunner off his belt, "Grenade Right". Arming and holding it for the appropriate moment, sidearms it so that it'll land short of the Gamorreans and roll between them, detonating right under the Iotran.

Angle in a touch to foul the Iotran's aim with one of the Gamorreans. Friendly Fire on their part could make life a touch easier. ;)



OOC:
Used the "Bowling for Commies" method in Basic where one had a prone-only cover and was one of the very few to successfully drop both training grenades into the slit trench. Made the Drill laugh by socking one of the plastic bad guys square in the face with the 2nd one right before it detonated.

BTW, I had the top conversation IRL Way Back When. :P :D

Kanner Ra'an
21 January 2005, 10:14 AM
"We got a destroyer up here." Brand says, never taking his eyes off the deadly mechanoid. Trying to take full advantage of any time he has left by letting loose a barrage of bolts, hopefully before the battered destroyer can bring its impressive firepower to full bear on him.

OOC: ACK! Multifire.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
25 January 2005, 02:05 PM
With the one verpine pasted, his underslung was just nicely warming up, the barrel still spinning, Chiiko walked into the cantina, standing by Sarge,who just rolled a stunner, "Need a hand Sarge?"

Chiiko didn't wait for an answer, pulling back on the trigger seconds after the stunner goes off...


ooc: target gamorean 1, autofire.

Vjerzag
27 January 2005, 09:00 AM
Wing jump on the stage and run to next Verpine (unconcious one no. 4) and execute him with a head shot from point blank range.

Vanger Chevane
27 January 2005, 01:17 PM
"I don't have to blow everything up I see. I just like to. - Kell Tainer, Wraith Squadron


"We got a destroyer up here."
Glancing at his HUD to gain an idea of everyone's relative positions, methods of scrapping that Roller begin to form.



Edit: fixed quotation

Rostek
27 January 2005, 01:47 PM
Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.
-General "Buck" Turgidson, Dr. Strangelove


"We got a destroyer up here."
"Stang!" thought Stiev- this was becoming more problematic than expected.
"Busy- I'll get there as soon as I finish with my friend here." Stiev said after firing his shots.

Ronin
31 January 2005, 03:42 AM
“ "Never do an enemy a small injury" - Niccolo Machiavelli

Dutch, realising he has enemy to both sides: a Destroyer to his left, a Braceman to his right, quickly evaluates the threats and lines of fire. With Brand stood directly in front of the droid, getting a clear shot is virtually impossible...seeing his brother Stiev take a double tap to the chest from the Braceman he raises his pistol, perfectly mating his knife to the pistol’s grip, and pops a shot off. The bolt catches the clunky armoured alien in the right thigh (9VPs).

“Clonehawk Two. Three armoured speedertrucks are leaving the palace, modified A-A5’s with light repeaters. Our sensors show the surrounding buildings are a residential area, we’re having to be careful with our rockets.”

The pair of Gamorreans, seeing Wing so close both leap up, one charging at him, the other advancing to follow up his comrade’s assault. The first one; an ugly brute with a broken left tusk and worse breath, in his zealousness, overswings…his screaming axe sails past you to the right, though the slower piggie stepping left, catches your left thigh plate with his axe. (9VP)

“Theta leader to Kappa leader. We’ve got hostiles approaching the junction from all directions, my men are taking hits but they’re getting closer.”

Mission Time – 00:00:37

Chiiko, tracking the Gamorreans across the room, checks his aim as Wing becomes a potential target too, carefully fires. Only a portion of the resulting hail of fire catches one of the piggies (#1, 14VPs) eliciting nothing more than a squeal.

Stiev pumps the trigger of his DC as fast as he can, hammering the heavily armoured Braceman with blaster bolts, the second shot punches through his armour and into his gut, burning through organs (-10WP crit.). On the fourth squeeze of the trigger…Stiev’s rifle jams. And the Braceman is still standing.

Wing quickly backs away from the wildly swinging Gamorreans, heading for the unconscious form of the rearmost Verpine, taking a nasty blow to his back as a parting shot from one of the pigs (16VPs). Standing over the unconscious insectoid you take careful aim and execute him.

Regaining consciousness just in time to see two of his comrades die, the rightmost Verpine rises and takes a shot at Chiiko …your chestplate takes the full force of the slugs, cracking and chipping the plastoid armour (28VPs!). The other Verpine: who exchanged misses with Wing seconds earlier, tracks his attacker, watches him blow his hive-mate’s head off, and fires again: hammering the plastoid plating over Wing’s right thigh and numbing the muscle underneath (22VP).

Brand, like his brother Stiev down the corridor, finds himself face-to-face with the enemy. His first three shots barely penetrate the murderous droid’s energy shield…though the fourth goes through, blowing the droid’s right arm clean off. Barely standing, it brings its remaining repeating blaster to aim on you.
Katarn armour simply wasn’t made to take this kind of punishment at such close range. Two bolts smash into your left arm, cracking and melting the armour, burning through your protective bodysuit to the skin below, and another two shots take you in the right arm and chest (all VPs gone, and 2WPs gone).


Mission Time – 00:00:39

Fengis’ stunner arcs out, landing between the somewhat surprised Braceman’s legs. He drops his rifle reflexively and brings his arms up to shield his eyes as the grenade detonates with a blinding flash and an eardrum-splitting boom. Visibly shaken, he staggers backwards again.

Seemingly not disturbed by your shot burning into his gut, the Braceman infront of Stiev adjusts his grip on his Duo’ and a triple strand of durawire whips out from his right forearm, wrapping itself around your body, pinning your arms to your sides in the blink of an eye.

A grunt of not inconsiderable pain comes over the comnet from one of Theta squad…

Mission Time – 00:00:40

Rostek
31 January 2005, 07:18 AM
Stiev watches with some measure of satisfaction as his shots do significant damage to the Braceman, and then- Oh, Stang!
Dropping his rifle with disgust Stiev engages his wrist blade and moves to gut the Iotran when... he is immidietly caught in his wire stuff. Thankful his blade is already out, Stiev tries to move his arm to slice the wire around his arms, darting around boxer style to avoid being hit.
"A little help, Dutch?" he shouts into the comm. Crap crap crap crap crap crap Stievs mind shouts quickly to ad nauseaum.

[OOC: Crap!!! I just hope I can manuever that blade enough, otherwise I'm going to have to kick him!]

Vjerzag
31 January 2005, 08:53 AM
Altrough taking heavy beating Wing is in the middle of adrenaline rush so only his primary objective is important to him. Eliminate tatget and rest will be fine. Wing make one step back and move into kneeling position. He switch his blaster to multifire mode, take an aim at closest Verpine but trying to stay in line with another Verpine even if I miss first second one will get some, and unleash full barage on him.

OOC: (Full round action, multifire attack on verpine no. 3. 3 attacks)

Kanner Ra'an
31 January 2005, 09:37 AM
"Destroyer hit, 20% combat effective. Im hit as well, still moving at reduced capacity." a heavily strained, but still monotonish and unemotional voice says over the comm system. He gives an estimate of how much damage he caused first, knowing that his comrades can obviously tell that hes alive by his reports existance. Having alerted the others, Brand reaches into his gear and pulls out his ion gun, his arms begging him to stop, but being ignored by the conditioned clone. He aknowledges them as signals of the damage only, nothing more. Once he has his droid soecific weapon in hand, he shifts himself up and fires a shot at the menacing droid, hoping the ion blast can take it out or disable it and leave him time to save the republic a good clone.

OOC: Draw ion weapon and fire (and hope i dont die).

Vanger Chevane
1 February 2005, 03:33 PM
Pull its teeth, and hope you don't get gummed to death - Corran Horn

Seeing the braceman soak the stunner, takes a shot at the forearm plates, hoping to get something to blow up into the Iotran's face.
Di'kutt, go down and stay down!

If that doesn't work, next shot to the Crotch, or wherever it Mivonks are. :P

Remembering that the Shields don't go through solid objects, but blaster bolts sure do, "Wing, hit the deck & hull that Roller from underneath. Chiiko, saw Wing's Unfriendly Zone in half."

Once it's over is when I really have a job to do.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
1 February 2005, 08:23 PM
Ungh! Frak!!!!!! Chiiko catches the slug and curses to himself, the armor absorbed it but it still smarts... He chided himself not laying waste to the other Verpines when he had the chance, not the smartest of tactics....


Remembering that the Shields don't go through solid objects, but blaster bolts sure do, "Wing, hit the deck & hull that Roller from underneath. Chiiko, saw Wing's Unfriendly Zone in half."

"Roger That Sarge!" Chiiko turned towards the remaining two Verpines, and squeezes the trigger once more

OOC: either verpine, or whichever Wing dosn't finish

Ronin
3 February 2005, 06:11 AM
"A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions" – Con×××ius

Dutch, seeing his brother is somewhat tied up at the moment (#rrrrriiiim-shot!#:D) adjusts his aim and fires again at the Iotran, squeezing the blaster pistol’s trigger as fast as he can yet maintaining accuracy. All three bolts hit home, but that Braceman armour is as thick as your own, and he’s equally unwilling to go down.

Both Gamorreans chase Wing across the room swinging wildly, cleaving through nothing but furniture as the few civvies who aren’t already cowering against the walls dive out of the way.

“Theta Four, come in. Theta Leader to Theta Four. Rat, do you read me?”
#static#
“Theta Leader to Kappa Leader, my brother covering the south of the junction is down. The circle is broken. Watch your backs.”
“Theta Three; Cal, get yourself in position to cover the south of the junction pronto!”
“Copy that. Moving now.”

Mission Time – 00:00:41

“Theta Two here. 2 armed speeders sighted at the top of the north-south road to the east of the cantina, approximately two dozen supporting on foot.”
A rocket salvo streaks out from Clonehawk Two
“Correction. Make that one speeder and three guys,” Theta two fires, “two guys.”

Chiiko

Stiev

From the room behind Stiev, he hears the groan of a waking Gamorrean…

Wing

Squealing as Wing’s final bolt sears into it, the prone Verpine (#3) responds with another devastating hail from its shattergun. Truly devastating. You stay conscious, but your body is screaming out for the punishment to stop. Countless razor sharp shards penetrated your armour, your bodysuit, and deep into your left arm. (Down to 0VP, 8WP)

Brand

Mission Time – 00:00:43

Fengis

With Stiev tangled, the Braceman upstairs brings his Duo’ up again and shifts aim to Dutch, squeezing off a pair of bolts. Perhaps distracted by Stiev’s evasive manoeuvres, his shots fly past Dutch’s shoulder harmlessly…

“Clonehawk One to commandoes. The streets are filling with armed thugs and fleeing civilians. Kappa Leader, how soon can we extract you? Do you have the Skak secured?”

Mission Time – 00:00:45

Rostek
3 February 2005, 06:16 AM
Stiev's vibroblade frays the wire... a little bit- but not enough to make it budge.
Crap crap crap crap!

"Toss a stunner Dutch!" Stiev says into his helmet come, then runs toward the stairwell and dives for cover. After entering the stairwell, Stiev frantically begins working on the cable again.

[OOC: Move action to stairwell- attack action on that accursed cable!]

Ronin
3 February 2005, 06:18 AM
Latest map

Vjerzag
3 February 2005, 07:43 AM
Warm sweat starts to rolling down from his forehead, Wing know he is badly injured and he barely feels his left arm. Squeezing his blaster in right arm and controlling his pain Wing draw last atoms of his will and switch setting on blaster on stun. Than he shot 3 times, once at first Gamorean, than at second and than at Verpine.

OOC: (switch setting to stun, 3 attacks, 1st gamorean no.1, 2nd gamorean no. 2 and Verpine)

Kanner Ra'an
3 February 2005, 09:26 AM
Brand watches as the destroyer explodes in a shower of sparks and flames as the ion blast fries its circuts and absolutely destroys the droids processors and electronics. As it drops in a pile of scap on the floor, he sees the unconsious skak lying on the floor, and hears the stuggle going on behind him. "Skak sighted, im securing him now." Brand says, trusting Dutch and Stiev to be able to deal with the Iortan. He drags himself up, feeling the effects of his injuries, and walks over to the prioty prisoner.

OOC: Since i dont believe i have any binders, Brand will just drag him to the entrance until the Iortan is dealt with.

Vanger Chevane
3 February 2005, 02:59 PM
In war there is no second prize for the runner-up. - General Omar N. Bradley


The circle is broken. Watch your backs

"Wilco, small problem with our fronts at the moment."

His shot strikes true, resulting in a metallic explosion that envelops the Braceman. Press the advantage while you have it Charges toward the Iotran (and the dropped Duo), taking a shot at the Gamorreans hoping to distract or divert them from harrasing Wing.


Skak sighted, im securing him now.
Hoping that for once something would be easy, "Watch yourself, Skak could be nasty."

Attempt to recover the Duo & use the Iotran for cover.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 February 2005, 10:58 PM
That Verpine really had no chance, as Chiiko mowed him down swiftly - cutting through the table like a hot knife through whipped rykat eggs. IChiiko might've been more satisfied weren't it for taking a round in the chest, it still smarted somewhat, as his finger relaxed on the trigger for a brief moment, while scanning the situation, reporting:

"Third Verp pasted..."

There was one Verpine left, Chiiko wasn't going to make the same mistake twice, and pivoted the still spinning Underslung to the last imediate threat... Chiiko depressed the trigger back once more...

johnnyputrid
13 February 2005, 12:23 PM
"Hard pressed on my right. My center is unyielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."
- Ferdinand Foch, at the Battle of the Marne

Dutch has pretty much had enough of the stubborn braceman. I've had it with this guy. Time for some knife work. Steadying his pistol with his right hand, his left gripping his serrated combat knife, Dutch charges forward towards his foe, knife held blade outward. Mentally reviewing his close quater combat techniques, he shifts his weight forward, moving his right leg out, ready to slip his armored boot behind the braceman's leading knee. Painfully aware that his comrades are in trouble, Dutch vows to end this as fast as possible.

No time for subtlety. This bastard's going down.


OOC
(Move action to close toward braceman; attempting to grapple, followed by knife attack)

Ronin
13 February 2005, 11:47 PM
"Not by strength, but by guile" - British Special Boat Service (SBS)

Dutch
Seeing Dutch trying to slip in with his attack, the Braceman slams the butt of his duo’ into Dutch’s throat, right in the vulnerable point between the helmet and chestplate. The hit makes you gag and your pulse thunders in your ears (critical! 5WP gone)…

The pair of Gamorreans chasing Wing across the room continue to hew at him…and one blow connects with your right arm. The screaming vibroaxe passes straight through your elbow and you watch in a dream-like state as your right forearm and hand, still firmly holding your blaster, drops to the floor.
Then the pain hits your brain like a sledgehammer and everything goes black as blood sprays out of the stump of your arm. (unconscious, down to -2WPs and right arm severed at the elbow).
Chiiko and Fengis clearly see Wing go down literally gushing claret.

“Theta three here. I’ve got the south of the junction, but I can’t hold them back forever. I’ve got over two dozen armed individuals in sight.”
“Theta Five. Jabba’s people are over here too, with speeders. Starting to run low on grenades.”

Mission Time – 00:00:47

Chiiko

Stiev

Dutch hears movement from the room to his right (the south-east private room) as the Gamorrean who he earlier shot in the face gets to his feet and picks up his vibroaxe…

Wing

Brand

Mission Time – 00:00:48

Fengis

With Dutch’s leg pressing into his left knee and the commando’s knife slicing at him, the Braceman upstairs fails to follow up on his initial response to Dutch’s attack…

The Braceman downstairs spots Fengis running at him, sees his duo on the floor between them, and struggles extra hard to free himself from his own bonds.

Mission Time – 00:00:49

Ronin
14 February 2005, 12:00 AM
Op map

Rostek
14 February 2005, 06:55 AM
"Hell they [the Russians] weren't much fun anyway, we didn't get to kill a single one of them!" -General Panzer (Rip Torn), Canadian Bacon
Stiev, finally free of the cord, draws his pistol and scrambles down the corridor towards the Braceman, hoping Stiev can keep him busy long enough to down him long enough for either of them to bring the bastard down.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 February 2005, 10:19 PM
Last verpine was pasted, though not a minute sooner, the rotary jams... "Frak Sarge!!!! Gun jammed! Gotta be the dust"

It was a moment of indecision - to pull out the pistol, or spend a moment trying to unjam the rotary... precious seconds ticked by, Chiiko swore something under his breath and hoisted up the rotary so he could better inspect it and try a quick fix on it.... He hoped the limited tools in his belt would be sufficient...

OOC: spend the round trying to fix the rotary.

johnnyputrid
17 February 2005, 03:47 PM
Let the enemy come 'til he's almost close enough to touch. The let him have it and jump out and finish him with your hatchet.
- Major Robert Rogers, 1759

Gagging, but quickly shaking off the blow to his throat, Dutch gives his head a quick shake to clear his mind. That karking hurt! I'm gonna be breathing out of a tube for a couple weeks after that hit. Amazingly, he manages to hold tight to the braceman, using his armor as an improvised grip, wedging his pistol's barrel in between the Iotran's shoulder plate.

Shifting his weight forward, he firmly locks his leg behind the braceman's knee, keeping his combat kife at the ready. Jamming the pistol hard inbetween the armor, he tries a vicious shove, using the braceman's own weight as leverage. At the same time, Dutch brings his razor-sharp knife around, looking for a nice spot to sink in the blade. Just need to get my arm around to the back of his neck. Let's see if a neck message will calm him down. Extending his arm as far as he can, Dutch probes his knife tip for the vulnerable spot at the base of the braceman's neck.

(OOC)
Attacking with light weapon while grappling (and hoping for a decent dice roll!)

Kanner Ra'an
20 February 2005, 09:39 AM
Brand comes around the corner, dragging the heavy skat behind him while trying not to injure his arm any more. He wonders why any being would venture from his homeworld if he has to wear all this armor. As the demolition expert moves around the corner, he sees the struggle still going on, and draws his blaster pistol. He wonders what his next corse of action should be. Must attempt to disable the hostile without hitting a comrad. he thinks, as he carefully aims his weapon. If either one have any sudden movements, he is just as likly to hit Dutch as the Iortan. Convinced however that they dont have the time to waste, he fires off a single shot.

OOC: One attack against the Braceman.

Vanger Chevane
20 February 2005, 10:31 PM
"In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is an eyelash." - General Douglas MacArthur

Fengis hated having to turn away from a Brother in need, even momentarily. He knew all to well Commandos died on ops, but nothing in the Regs said he had to like it. For the first time in his short life, one of his Brothers could die because of his decisions, his orders. Brothers he'd fight with everything he had to keep with him regardless what it cost him.

But now it could cost more than just him and he couldn't risk them too, The Mission had to succeed, regardless.

You know what you have to do! Trying to save him now may cost more lives. Take em out an hope your Brother has a Later for you to save for him.

Scatters a wild shot or two at the Gamorreans crossing the distance to the Iotran. Jams his left fist between the Braceman's helmet and chestplate, activating the vibroblade there, aiming for a quick kill while mentally saluting his victim.

Well fought Sir, but I won this one and can't afford a rematch.


OOC: If the Iotran goes, dive for the Duo and open up on the pigs John Woo style. B)

Ronin
20 February 2005, 11:43 PM
"Anger cannot be dishonest." - Marcus Aurelius

The Iotran, with Dutch’s pistol under his arm, and a knife at his throat, turns, trying to wipe the commando off his back with the doorway. All he succeeds in doing is pushing Dutch, still behind him, through the doorway…with Stiev and Brand advancing on his front from opposite directions.
The Iotran gives a loud curse.

:clonetpr: Dutch

Having hewn Wing to the ground the pair of Gamorreans turn to face Chiiko and Fengis. They grin tusk-filled grins as Chiiko’s rotary jams. The lead one wipes blood leaking from a shrapnel wound on his leg and they batter furniture out of the way, bearing down on Chiiko…

“Theta five. Taking heavy fire from those speeders.”
“Theta leader to Clonehawk One, we need you to clear out the east-west road along the north of the block, over.”
“Understood sarge, have your men take cover.”
The gunships screams down low, pouring rockets and lasers into the mass of armed speeders and gun totting enemy.
“Theta and Kappa squads, be aware: we just used our last rockets. Got a little scorched back there.”

Mission Time – 00:00:50

:clonetpr:Chiiko
:clonetpr:Stiev

The Gamorrean in the south room is now clearly visible to Dutch as he struggles with the Iotran. The piggy’s face is a mess. He spots you behind the Iotran, Stiev coming from his right, and Brand up the corridor to his left. He lets out a squeal-cry and raises his axe.

:clonetpr:On the floor of the cantina Wing continues to bleed heavily.
:clonetpr:Brand

Mission Time – 00:00:52

:clonetpr:Fengis

Still struggling with Dutch at his back, the Iotran leans forward then rockets his head back, slamming his helmet into Dutch’s in a reverse-headbutt. (-6VPs)

“Clonehawk Two to Kappa leader. You ready to leave this party?”

Mission Time – 00:00:53

Ronin
20 February 2005, 11:57 PM
Op-map

Ronin
21 February 2005, 12:00 AM
PC status: health and ammo

Rostek
21 February 2005, 07:24 AM
Two for the price of one!
He that will not apply new remedies must expect new evils -- Francis Bacon

Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine -- St. Thomas Aquinas

Stiev noted that A: Dutch was in immidiete trouble with the Iotran, B: The Gammorean was going to prove troublesome immidietely after the Iotran goes down anyway, and C: He needs that Duo if he wants to keep going with a reasonably powered weapon. Thusly, the clone decided that the best policy would be to simply address both at the same time

As Dutch's head goes back, Stiev makes his move- Double tapping the Iotran then quickly spinning and doing similar to the now raging pig. He hoped the pistol's lesser charge would still do the job.

(OOC: Full attk- first two shots into Braceman, any remaining into the Pig)

johnnyputrid
21 February 2005, 05:26 PM
"In a man to man fight, the winner is the one who puts an extra round in his magazine."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Clearing his head after the braceman's surprise reverse head-butt, Dutch gave his sincere thanks that clone commano helmets were not made by the lowest bidder. The view through his visor showed several things happening all at once, and none of them looked very good.

There was a large, disfigured Gamorrean charging him with an even larger axe. That was Bad Thing Number One.

The Iotran was slowly wriggling free from Dutch's expert hold. That was Bad Thing Number Two.

His partner Stiev was bringing a large-bore blaster rifle to bear on the two grappling figures. At this range, the blast would likely drop them both. That was Bad Thing NUmber Three.

Dutch had seen enough bad holo-vids to know that things weren't going to shift into slow-motion. He wasn't going to get to save the girl, stop the evil mastermind or enjoy a daring speeder chase. He was going to either be cut in half, blasted to death, or perhaps even both. Without putting much thought into things, he released his leg lock on the braceman and slid his pistol from underneath his opponent's arm. Using a time-honored defensive tactic, Dutch dove backward as hard as he could, sprawling on his armored butt and feeling the crunch of tailbone on duracrete. Raising his pistol at the general direction of the braceman, Dutch fired off a quick shot that he knew would probably miss anything but the ceiling. Amazingly, Dutch still clutched his combat knife in his left hand, though what good it would do now he wasn't sure of. Maybe he could slice some luch meat with it, because it sure as hell wasn't getting through the Iotran's tough suit.

(OOC)
Activating Combat Expertise, taking a -5 penalty to attack and a +5 bonus to Defense; move action to hurl myself backward, attack action to fire of a hasty pistol shot.
Let's hope this plan works.

Kanner Ra'an
27 February 2005, 09:31 AM
Exceptional soldier. Brand thinks when he sees the Iortan still standing after his shot, willing to admit the alien is skilled for a naturally produced fighter. That doesn't cause him any regret to rid the republic of him, and when he sees Dutch jump back he lets loose with everything he has, no longer concerned with hitting the trooper in a melee. The demolitions expert angles his fire slightly to avoid shotting Stiev beyond his target, but otherwise isn't concerned with the woman screaming on the floor or anyone else. The clone also looks behind him to check on the status of the skat, worried that the stun effects might be wearing off.


OOC: Full attack against the Iortan.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 February 2005, 10:19 PM
With a bit of nudging, coaxing and gutteral silent curses under his breath, Chiiko manages to unjam the rotary barrel. This fraking dust gets into everything mechanical at the wrong time... He barely has time to look up, and see's two gamoreans charging at him.... Precious moments slip past with each pounding heartbeat, as Chiiko races to bring the rotary underslung to bear onto them from its upright angle, then squeezing back the two-stage trigger, and precious more moments are lost as the barrel is needed to make its initial spin-up 'pre-fire-delay'... Just a dozen rpm's or so... This is gonna be so fraking close...

OOC: gamorean thats directly in line with the barrel...

Vanger Chevane
1 March 2005, 02:07 PM
"In Critical and baffling situations, it is always best to return to first principle and simple action" - Sir Winston S. Churchill

Having quickly & cleanly severed the Iotran's spinal cord, retracts the vibroblade from the now dressed-up slab of meat and dives for the SoroSuub, unleashing a flurry of fire at the Gamorreans with both guns.

Ronin
2 March 2005, 06:32 AM
"Not only strike while the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking"
- Oliver Cromwell

:clonetpr: Dutch

Theta Two (Sparks)’s voice comes over the net. Pain is clear in his voice, “Sarge, its wall to wall hostiles over here.”
“Then even you shouldn’t have trouble hitting them,” cuts in Cal (Theta Three).
“Can it Cal. Sparks: do what you can with grenades, then pull back toward the cantina,” Theta One orders; “you need medical attention?”
“Don’t worry Sarge, I’ll hold together.”
“Theta Six here. Same on the west side. They’re driving civies along infront of them…can’t risk grenades.”

Mission Time – 00:00:54

:clonetpr: Chiiko

The lead Gamorrean, taking two shots from Chiiko’s rotary, staggers under the assault, though his comrade charges forward, past the commando’s fire-spewing weapon…and brings his vibroaxe down hard on your helmet (11VPs, very nearly a critical).

:clonetpr: Stiev

A rather significant pool of blood is forming around Wing.


:clonetpr: Brand
Mission Time – 00:00:55

“Theta One to Clonehawk One. How’s it looking from up there?”
“Clonehawk One to commandoes. It looks like someone booted over a coupla bloodbeetle nests…the streets to your east and west are filling with Jabba’s people. We’re talking a coupla hundred…the majority are on foot, but there’s a dozen or so custom-armed speeders. They’ll have the area surrounded within 2 minutes. I repeat. Two minutes.”

:clonetpr: Fengis

“Clonehawk Two. We have a hangar opening at the old palace. We’re ready to smoke whatever comes out.”

Mission Time – 00:00:57

Ronin
2 March 2005, 06:40 AM
Op map.

Rostek
2 March 2005, 07:28 AM
"Put your trust in God, but keep your powder dry.""Put your trust in God, but keep your powder dry.""Put your trust in God, but keep your powder dry."- Oliver Cromwell

Stiev lets out a sigh of relief as both combatants fall- dead. Holstering his pistol, Stiev picks up his rifle, slinging it around his shoulder, then picks up the Duo. I'm not going to clean that damn DeeCee in the middle of an engagement. he thinks.
Checking on the status of the upstairs team, Stiev comms downstairs.
"Upstairs clear- Demo has target in custody, and we're coming down. So hold fire on anyone coming downstairs. What's the sitrep for down there, Boss; is everyone alright?" Stiev asked.

Vanger Chevane
4 March 2005, 02:21 PM
"The graveyards are full of indispensable men" - Charles deGaulle

With grim satisfaction Fengis' first two shots blow large smoking craters low- and high-center torso on the far Gammorrean, tossing it to the floor forevermore.

Missing the other as it reels back from Chiiko's point-blank assault, he lets the Deece dangle from its sling and races to Wing, already drawing a Bacta pressure-sleeve and two cans of quick-blood from compartments in his pack.


"Upstairs clear- Demo has target in custody, and we're coming down. So hold fire on anyone coming downstairs. What's the sitrep for down there, Boss; is everyone alright?"
"Negative. Knock out a window and have Hawk slide up to it, we'll come up and just step across.

Need one to stand by and help me with Wing, he's down hard. Other wrangles the Skak, Brand isn't doing too well either.

Chiiko, drop that last one & cover our exit."

Rostek
4 March 2005, 04:36 PM
We must remember that one man is much the same as another,
and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
- Thucydides



"Negative. Knock out a window and have Hawk slide up to it, we'll come up and just step across.

Need one to stand by and help me with Wing, he's down hard. Other wrangles the Skak, Brand isn't doing too well either.

Chiiko, drop that last one & cover our exit."

Stiev winced- "That's a rog, boss. Dutch, take these-" Stiev unhooks his grenade bandolier (OOC: That's all my non-launcher grenades) and tosses it gently to Dutch "-And grab the Skak. I'm going downstairs to help the boss with Wing. Brand, make an exit and get your collective arse out to the roof. One of the birds is coming 'round to pick you up.
Boss, I'm coming halfway down to help you out- I'm the armored guy with a Duo coming down the stairs." Stiev said. Taking a moment to check his Deecee to see if it can be quickly unjammed- if not, he'll resling it, if so Stiev will attempt to unjam it as he moves to the stairs.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 March 2005, 06:52 PM
A couple shots hit the one pig, but did nothing for the other that kept coming. And it swung down its vibro-axe onto Chiiko's head. Knees already slightly bent from gunning stance, bent further on impact taking a fair share of it... Chiiko's head, shoulder and neck took the rest..."UNNGH!!!!"

Chiiko staggered for a moment from the impact, trying not to lose his balance. He was physically stronger, but in turn was loaded down heavier too, for each soldier carried the same load to weight ratio... And the backpack won, pulling him backwards onto the floor, landing painfully on his buttocks.. "Ooof!" The sarge ordered over the comlink
Chiiko, drop that last one & cover our exit."
"Roger...Sarge....!" Chiiko's response was automatic but with slight delay, as he blinked inside his helmet to regain focus... He was slightly disoriented yet, as he waveringly brought the underslung to bear upwards point blank at the gamorean's groin or midsection that had hit him... squeezing the trigger....

(OOC: point blank at the pig's gonads / waistline who hit with the vibro axe)

johnnyputrid
9 March 2005, 07:43 PM
Rising to his feet a little too unsteadily for his tastes, Dutch shakes the cobwebs loose from his head. Sheathing his combat knife, his free left hand immediately moves to his throat, damaged from the precise elbow strike of the newly-deceased braceman laying on the ground nearby.

"Dutch, take these and grab the Skak."

Still clutching his throat, he looks up just as Stiev tosses him a bandolier of grenades. Catching the bandolier with his pistol barrel, he lets it slide down his arm and wraps it around his torso one-handed. The rest of Stiev's words are lost as Dutch suddenly realizes just how much pain he is in. His voice barely a whipser over the com channel, he gives a rasp acknowledgement.

"Gotcha. Ouch."

Whether or not anyone can hear his reply is another question. Kark this hurts. Hopefully I won't have to shout for help anytime soon. Casting a quick glance around, he spots the Skakoan laying prone a few meters away. Trying to ingore the pain in his bruised throat, he grabs a handful of the Skak's armor and begins to drag him outside. Sith's blood this guy is karking heavy! Too bad we need this dirtbag alive. I've got half a mind to just stuff a frag down his throat and be done with him.

Quickly checking his HUD's chrono, Dutch is alarmed to discover that only a minute has passed since they landed. Huh, I didn't realize you could have this much fun in just 60 seconds. Kark it all. Somebody needs to buy me a drink after this is over. Dragging the Skak and keeping his pistol up, Dutch continues to heave the armored form to the rooftop LZ.

Kanner Ra'an
10 March 2005, 12:37 PM
Brand helps Dutch raise the Skat over his shoulder, trying to avoid using his bad arm but still be useful. He notices him clutching his throat as he walks over, and the clone, always calculating strength, asks simply "Your neck ok?" He makes sure Dutch has the hostage securly, and checks him to make sure he doesn't need another stun bolt. Just in case, he switches his rifle over to stun, then moves to the exit hole they made to get in and keys on his comm. "Clonehawks, be advised, we have fufilled objectives and are preping for retrieval. Give us a twelve second delay then move in for retrievel at our top floor entrance site." he takes a peak outside, careful not to overly expose himself to any small arms, and trys to get an idea of how hairy their exit may be.

johnnyputrid
10 March 2005, 01:37 PM
Gladly accepting Brand's help, the two commandos move to put the Skakoan into a better postion for extraction. Unable to speak above a whisper, he simply gives an exaggerated nod and a thumbs up as Brand asks him how he feels. Holstering his pistol, he whips his Firelance rifle around on it's sling and drops to his knee, keeping the rifle at the low ready.

Dutch leans out slightly from the gaping entryway and makes a quick scan for targets. He flips the rifle's selector lever off of the stun setting purposely. Forget this catpure and control business. The next non-clone that sticks his head up gets roasted. Tripping his helmet's mike with his chin, he double-clicks it to let the rest of the team know he is ready to roll.

Ronin
12 March 2005, 07:36 AM
"Ma’am, this is a war. People try to kill you. You try to kill them first. There are no second chances. Everything else you need to know about warfare is an amplification of that."
- Darman, Omega Squad, Republic Clone Commando

"Clonehawk Two to Kappa squad. Roger that. We'll be on the rooftop in twelve seconds. Repeat, twelve seconds. Hawk One will continue fire support until Kappa squad is safely aboard, then she'll pick up Theta."

"Cal, how's Rat?" asks Theta leader.
"He's gone Sarge," you can feel the pain in Theta three's voice at the loss of his brother.
"Get him ready to move. We'll have you out of there in thirty seconds," Theta Leader replies, "Hawk One, Theta Leader. Once Kappa is aboard Hawk Two, begin our extraction with Thetas three and four at the south of the cantina's junction. One alive, one man down."
"Roger that."

From your viewpoint at the hole in the wall, :clonetpr: Dutch and :clonetpr: Brand can see Theta three kneeling over his fallen comrade on the rooftop of the opposite building. The commando is firing at gunmen about 30m from your position...Weequay it seems, maybe six or so. They're using the cover of buildings and stalls as they advance toward the junction, taking shots at the Theta commando as they go.
Further down the street, about 70m distant there's an armoured speeder truck coming up the road, jury rigged turret, and flanked by a dozen or so people of various races on foot. All armed.
And that's only what you can see to the south.

You can hear continued blasterfire downstairs: the high-pitched whine of Chiiko's rotary, and from points around the cantina: Theta squad...and hostiles.

Clonehawk Two sweeps over the cantina, circling ready to pick you up. The gunner puts a few shots down an alleyway to the south-east with the foreward AP lasers, eliciting a couple of screams.

Mission Time – 00:01:00

:clonetpr: Chiiko

:clonetpr: Stiev

Mission Time – 00:01:03

:clonetpr: Fengis

As the last Gamorrean's fresh corpse hits the ground things are surprisingly quiet...aside from the crackle of the spreading fire behind the bar, the wimpers of civies cowering under tables, and the engine sound of the gunships outside.

OOC: only PM'd Vanger, Rostek and Terras. Just had OOC/numerical info for them.

Rostek
14 March 2005, 02:23 PM
What the hell are we fighting for?
Just surrender and it won't hurt at all
You just got time to say your prayers
While you're waiting for the Hammer to Fall.
-From Hammer to Fall, Queen


"Stupid pig, unstick!" Stiev muttered, working the cocking lever back and forth.
"Boss, you need me down there right now, or do you want me to help you with Wing at the stairs?" he commed.
Slightly less than a minute- a building full of dead Confeds, one to three walking wounded, one incapped, one dead. Plus one KO'd Skak that RepCom thinks is important... a good day, stratigically speaking. Stiev thought. Of course, that all assumed that they got out alive- with the Skak intact. That was hardly assured at this point... and Stiev would have given even odds as to that actually happening.

[OOC: If Boss-man needs me to help him with our nearly-dearly departed Wingy-poo, then I take a full move/hustle to get downstairs, if not, then 2m step to stairs, then I'll fix the damn gun B)]

johnnyputrid
14 March 2005, 06:57 PM
"When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
- General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Dutch watches as the Weequay gunmen pepper the opposite rooftop with blasterfire, keeping Theta Three pinned down. WIth their transport nearly there, and Brand close by, and the continued fire of Chiiko's weapon downstairs, Dutch is forced to decide his next course of action. Since he can't speak, and its doubtful he has time to write anyone a note, he springs into action.

I sure hope Brand picks up on what I'm doing. The boss is probably not gonna be happy, but I gotta do it. With that, and the ever-present voice of his training sergeant in his head, Dutch drops prone and assumes a stable firing position, enabling him to cover Brand, the Skakoan, and still get a clear shot at the thugs across the gap. "It don't matter if them's yer squaddies or not. Them's yer brothers out there. Help 'em if youse can. Cuz if youse don't, and I find out youse let some of yer bothers down, I'll kill youse myself." Taking his training sergeant's advice, Dutch raises the Firelance and carefully picks the nearest Weequay in view and sights him.

(OOC)
Move action to go prone, readying an action to take out any Weequay's who fire at Theta 3.

Kanner Ra'an
15 March 2005, 06:41 AM
Brand keeps a watch outside, waiting calmly for the transport to arrive. He notices Dutch moving tactically towards their opening. By the time the fellow clone has started firing, he has already realized what hes doing. Brand immeadiatly drops into a firing position as well, not dwelling for a second on the wisdom of this course of action. Its been taken, so it is the best course to make sure it succeeds. He moves into his best possible poition, and raising his aching injured arm to support his rifle, and lets loose a stunning barrage designed to scare as much as to kill.

OOC: Full attack against the weequay.

Vanger Chevane
15 March 2005, 03:00 PM
"There are only two kinds of people on this beach; the dead and those about to die. so lets get the hell out'a here" - Colonel George Taylor - Commander of the 16th Infantry at Omaha beach, 6 June 1944

Working quickly and surely, Fengis manages to stabilize his squadbrother and sighs in relief, it blending with Chiiko's rotary winding down to silence. Glancing over he notes Guns is still off his feet.

"You good?" Chiiko stands a little wobbly, changes powerpacks & makes sure the Rotary will work. "Good enough."

Calmly filing Wing's knife & pistol back into their holsters securely, pulls a Conservating Bag from a pack compartment and seals the servered arm inside. Handing the bag to Chiiko, semi-jokingly says "Hang onto that, he might want it back."

Double checking that it won't do any more damage, sets the Duo on his left foot, hoists Wing over his shoulders then lifts his foot quickly, lauching the Duo into his free hand.

Shifting around a bit to make sure he's got a good, useful grip on both his Brother and gun, shuffles towards the stairs


"Boss, you need me down there right now, or do you want me to help you with Wing at the stairs?"
"Got him as long as we don't need to run. Party's over, let's go home."

Glancing at the HUD Chrono "Sixty seconds, we done good."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 March 2005, 05:59 PM
"Shot through the vonks,
Your to blame.
You give clones
A bad name!"
-Bonjon Bovi

Chiiko's rotary hit dead on, hot laser cutting up the pig from jewels to stomach, carving a grisly scorched deep steaming trench into the pig's frontside... And just in time- his powerpack had just been spent... The gamorean fell forward on it's own gait and slumped onto the floor.

Chiiko picked himself up, he had a headache and was kindof wobly.
"You good?"
"Good enough" Chiiko replied...

Chiiko slapped in a fresh powerpack, then tested the trigger first stage, and the barrel spun up... good.

Chiiko walked past the gamorean which now crimson red blood was pooling beneath it, and headed fort eh Sarge who was getting Wing ready to roll...


"Hang onto that, he might want it back."
"Right Sarge." Chiiko took the bag, fastening it to his belt. Offering his spare left hand, Chiiko gave the burning bar a final sweep... Ready to go at Sarge's orders...

:edit: fixed a quote tag, one format tag.

Ronin
16 March 2005, 05:43 AM
I was a PFC on a search patrol huntin' Charlie down
It was in the jungle wars of '65
My weapon jammed and I got stuck way out and all alone
And I could hear the enemy movin' in close outside
Just then I heard a twig snap and i grabbed my empty gun
And I dug in scared while I counted down my fate
And then a big marine, a giant with a pair of friendly eyes
Appeared there at my shoulder and said, "Wait"
When he came in close beside me he said,
"Don't worry, son, I'm here,
If Charlie wants to tangle now he'll have two to dodge."
I said, "Well thanks a lot."
I told him my name and asked him his
And he said, "The boys just call me Camouflage."
Whoa Camouflage
Things are never quite the way they seem
Whoa Camouflage
I was awfully glad to see this big marine
- Stan Ridgeway – “Camouflage”

Clonehawk Two circles over the junction, descending lower. The pilot notices Brand and Dutch taking aim and he hovers over toward the cantina, staying high to keep out of your line of fire. The gunner switches to the port wing’s composite laser and takes a shot at the further group of Nikto, Weequay, Humans and assorted thuggery with the speeder. The lance of green laser slices a Khil in half.

:clonetpr: Dutch

:clonetpr: Brand

As Dutch and Brand fire on the six Weequay nearing the junction, Cal (Theta three) takes down one with a headshot, his leathery forehead punctured.
He turns to look to you two and nods his thanks.

The speeder truck continues coming up the road, now 50m from the junction, the mixed bag of ten thugs are now using it for cover…

Mission Time – 00:01:04

Stiev’s DC coughs and the red caution light on your HUD turns back to green. Ready to rock.

The fire downstairs is beginning to spread as the ceiling catches fire and flames rip along the bar.

“Theta leader to Kappa leader. How’s it going in there? I’m pulling my men back toward the cantina.”

Mission Time – 00:01:06

Rostek
16 March 2005, 10:08 AM
In war the chief incalculable is the human will, which manifests itself in resistance, which in turn lies in the province of tactics. Strategy has not to overcome resistance, except from nature. Its purpose is to diminish the possibility of resistance, and it seeks to fulfill this purpose by exploiting the elements of movement and surprise.
- Sir Basil H. Liddel-Hart

Stiev smiled as his gun made a healthy charging sound.


"Got him as long as we don't need to run. Party's over, let's go home."

"That's a rog, boss- I'm moving to assist Dutch, watch out." Stiev moves down the hall- stopping to reload his rocket launcher with an anti vehicle round.

[Move 8 m down hall, move to load big boom rocket :evil:]

Vanger Chevane
17 March 2005, 06:46 PM
For a hill men would kill, why? they do not know.
Suffered wounds test their their pride. - Metallica, For Whom the Bell Tolls



“Theta leader to Kappa leader. How’s it going in there? I’m pulling my men back toward the cantina.”
Jogging as gingerly as he can up the stairs, grunting with the pain shooting through his hips, knees, and ankles - just as long as his upper body is steady & doesn't jar Wing around. "Theta, Kappas egressing, 15 seconds, few of mine got you backed. Can you load yer hard-hit brothers onto Hawk One quickly?

Hawk One, can you sidle to the window we're using? No sense in pickup if we can just step across."

Kanner Ra'an
19 March 2005, 08:05 AM
Brand sees one of his shots impact on a weequay, but he notices he only manages to wound the soldier. "Perisistant for hutt mercenaries. You would think they would break as soon as they saw the gunships." He says to the silent Dutch, firing again across at the shooters. The demolitions expert stays still as the gunships come closer, content to provide covering fire as they load up the confiscated weapons.

OOC: Another full attack against the shooters.

Ronin
26 March 2005, 03:54 AM
On my first mission- during the relief of ORD Malvo in the Mid Rim- we ran into a squad of mercs the IBC was using to cover their assets in the sector, Iotrans, and they tore up the regulars pretty good. They killed our scout and the engineer in an ambush- they took 'em out with a plasma mine and fell on our rear guard. We lost a couple more guys wounded. 'Course, those Iotrans are a ton better than the lot we can expect, but still, it's always something to keep in mind." - Republic Clone Commando DR-092 'Stiev'

"Centurion to Clone Hawks, Kappa Leader and Theta Leader. We are experiencing technical difficulties here, sand in the vents. We may be delayed in picking you up."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
27 March 2005, 03:49 AM
“Theta leader to Kappa leader. How’s it going in there? I’m pulling my men back toward the cantina.”


"Theta, Kappas egressing, 15 seconds, few of mine got you backed. Can you load yer hard-hit brothers onto Hawk One quickly?

Hawk One, can you sidle to the window we're using? No sense in pickup if we can just step across."

Chiiko covered their exit up the staircase. "Chiiko to Theta, Ground floor is cleared, however has caught on fire rather quickly. Suggest you squad hurry it up before the whole place is in flames. Hawk one, eta for pickups?"

Rostek
27 March 2005, 06:28 AM
Fear me you lords and lady preachers
I descend upon your Earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine!
The Seven Seas of Rhye
-Queen, The Seven Seas of Rhye

Stiev, having loaded up his rocket launcher, rethinks his strategy.
That launcher is a tad unwieldy to be shooting at people on rooftops... if we end up with a vehicle or something coming at us, then it will be useful, but for now...
Stiev then slings the rifle and launcher across his back, then runs to the firing position, removing his grenade launcher as he moves.
"Hey guys- how's things?" he asks his squadmates as he takes up position.

[OOC: Move to holster, Move to FP w/ drawing of Grenade launcher]

Ronin
31 March 2005, 07:00 AM
We fought all night and side by side we took our battle stance
and I wondered how the bullets missed this man
'Cause they seemed to go right through him
As if he wasn't there
And in the mornin' we both took a chance and ran
And it was near the river bank when the ambush came on top of us
And I'd thought it ws the end and we were had
Then a bullet with my name on it came buzzin' through a bush
And that big marine he just swat it with his hand
Whoa Camouflage
Things are never quite the way they seem
Whoa Camouflage
Was I awfully glad to see this big marine
- Stan Ridgeway "Camouflage"

Clonehawk Two drifts across the junction to Theta Three, who hauls his downed brother onto the gunship. You can see the pilot says something to him, but he shakes his head and jumps back out onto the rooftop, returning to his firing position.
"Theta Three to Kappa Boss. Thanks brother, we won't forget this! Now get your own boys out of there."
The gunship begins drifting back across to the cantina...in six seconds (next turn) she'll be in position for you to board from the rooftop.

Mission Time - 00:01:08

Dutch's shot takes a Weequay clean in the torso dropping him into the dust. That leaves three, and the one Brand hit: who's dragging himself toward an alleyway for better cover...still taking pot shots at the two of you and Theta Three...

Stiev steps over the still unconscious woman in the corridor and makes it to the opening to join Brand and Dutch, as Fengis makes it to the top of the stairs, with Chiiko halfway up.

The few civvies who had their heads down during the fight in the bar are now flooding out into the street, screaming their heads off as the fire spreads downstairs and the floorboards of the north-eastern private room begin to smoke...

"Clonehawk Two to Theta leader. Get your boys to the junction. Once Hawk One has the Kappas airbourne and covering us, we'll set down in the middle of the junction and pick you boys up." The second gunship begins circling overhead.

To the north of the cantina, stood atop an adjacent building; Theta Leader AKA MD-243 "Deuce" spots several of Jabba's thugs moving quietly through the narrow back alleys, keeping off the main roads for fear of attracting the gunship's fire...they're about 20m off...difficult to see due to the closely place buildings...but getting closer...

Thetas Five, Six and Two begin retreating toward the junction, firing at any hostiles as they go...
Mission Time - 00:01:12

The speedertruck gets to about 40m from the junction. With a boom, the blaster cannon in the makeshift turret fires, blowing a chunk of sandstone from the corner of the cantina....

coldskier0320
31 March 2005, 07:26 AM
Steve walks warily down the street,
Brim pulled way down low,
Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet,
Machine guns ready to go,
Are you ready? Are you ready for this?
Are you standin' on your own two feet?
Out of the doorway the bullets rip,
To the sound of the beat.

--Queen, Another One Bites the Dust (hope it's not already used!)

Deuce quickly takes stock of the rapidly worsening situation, and decides that emergency measures may not be out of order. From his vantage point, just north of the target building, he can see at least three seperate groups of hostile wets closing in on their position, the smaller groups backed by light mechanized units. To make matters worse, he can also spot several thugs making their way through the densely packed buildings in an attempt to catch the commandos off-guard. All in all, not exactly a walk in the garden, as Lt. Kroda used to say.

"Bolt, Sparks, what's it look like back that way? Talk to me! I want you to slow down the hostiles coming up through the alleys! Cal, Feen, drop those wets on the south path, they'll be in range to fire on Kappa any time now! Cal, when that gunship comes within a meter of the ground, I want you in it and laying down cover for Feen! Sparks, keep in touch with the Hawks, be ready to pick up and move the instant Two drops. She'll be able to throw down some cover for us, but I don't want to depend on her too much."

Then, switching channels with a few well placed blinks on his HUD, he contacts Fengis, "Kappa One, Theta One, sitrep? I think we've worn out our welcome, just let us know if you need any assistance aside from cover, and I'll put a few of my men on it. We're prepared to move out just as soon as you're away."

After this, he lines up on one of the speeder truck's engine housing. Peering through the sights on his deece, Deuce lets loose with a salvo that he hopes will take out the truck, or, at the very least, slow down the procession. It was also possible that he'd set off an explosion, but he wasn't counting on anything resembling luck on a day like today, setting his deecee for burst fire mode, he lets the truck have it.

[OOC: Full attack on speeder truck, rapid shot, multifire. Ronin, if you need my shot mods, I worked them all out this morning.]

Vanger Chevane
31 March 2005, 03:00 PM
"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." - Julius Caesar

Fengis grins grimly behind his faceplate as he sees His Team covering Theta as much as possible & hears
"Theta Three to Kappa Boss. Thanks brother, we won't forget this! Now get your own boys out of there." They've probly never even heard of a MT before, now they'll see General Ogin had great reasons for pushing the program through...P for Plenty. "Roger that, keep yer hide intact & make the LZ, yer not taking leave here."

And how much more hurt...Eits, my knee! Brother, yer heavy...will we soak before Endex & see a decent MedBay?


"Kappa One, Theta One, sitrep? I think we've worn out our welcome, just let us know if you need any assistance aside from cover, and I'll put a few of my men on it. We're prepared to move out just as soon as you're away."
"Theta, Kappa, waiting on our ride. Hawk should block light incoming, anything heavier you can knock down is appreciated. Mine'll cover your extract, hope Big Brother's found his broom."

Rostek
31 March 2005, 04:40 PM
Kill for gain or shoot to maim
But we don't need a reason
To Golden Goose is on the loose
And never out of season
Some blackened pride still burns inside
This shell of bloody treason
Here's my gun for a barrel of fun
For the love of living death

The killer's breed or the Demon's seed,
The glamour, the fortune, the pain,
Go to war again, blood is freedom's stain
But don't you pray for my soul anymore.

2 Minutes to Midnight- Iron Maiden


Stiev arrived at the firing position, taking up against the inside of the wall for cover, grenade launcher at the ready.
"'scuse me, boyos-" he says as he leans out and fires off two grenades over towards the enemy occupied rooftop.
"-some fried wets coming up... Side salad for only a credit more?" Stiev comments, smiling under his helmet.

[OOC: Full attack, one grenade each at the two squares capable of hitting as many wets as possible- or both in the center square if the three occupy adjacent squares. It's not broken down to squares, so I'll trust your judgement, Master GM ;)]

johnnyputrid
2 April 2005, 10:21 AM
"When men find that they must inevitably perish, the willingly resolve to die with their comrades, and with their arms in their hands."
- Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Satisfied that his last shot had found its mark, Dutch turns to more pressing matters, namely the dozens of heavily armed bad guys currently en route. What a karking mess. Once again, intel has done their usual bang-up job and dropped us into the middle of damned gundark nest. Catching some bits over the constant comm-chatter, he hears some more wonderful news. Great, to top it all off, extract is delayed. Just great. If they don't get here real fast, they'll have to ID us by our fragging dental patterns.

Turning toward Stiev, he raps his fellow trooper on the shoulder plate to get his attention. Frustrated at his lack of vocal ability, he tries to make himself clear through hand signals.

(hand signal translation)
"Call Squad Leader. Ask for evac plan. Need to move now. Get package out. Stay here, we die."

Hoping he got the message across, Dutch takes a glance at the trussed up Skakoan close by. Content that the armored thing is still KO'd, he again takes aim at the opposite rooftop and scans for targets.

(OOC)
Ready action to attack anything that even looks vaguely threatening.

Rostek
2 April 2005, 11:28 AM
(hand signal translation)
"Call Squad Leader. Ask for evac plan. Need to move now. Get package out. Stay here, we die."(hand signal translation)
Stiev is slightly startled by the tap- but turns to see Dutch fire off a series of hand gestures- Standard hand signals, easy enough to understand.
Stiev nods- "Roger that, Dutch."
Keying the comm to the boss man, Stiev does as Dutch requested-"Bossman- request evac plan. Our bird is evac-ing as requested. It's a hornet's nest up here- we're not going to last for much longer if their reinforcements manage to get to firing positions. How do we proceed?"

Vanger Chevane
9 April 2005, 05:52 AM
"Big Brother, can you do this?" (barrel roll) "No." (shuts down one engine) "Little Brother, can you do that?" "No." - Common conversation between 8th Air Force Bomber Pilots and their Fighter Escorts during World War 2.

Fengis shuffles up and gives his troops a quick visual check, spending most of the time looking Dutch over for anything critical, and preplanning his treatment once securely aboard the LAAT

"We get out of here, then one of you Combat Geniuses finds a good spot for a defensible LUP big enough for all of us and the 2 Larties till Big Brother can get his aft moving. See anything coming in or on the map?"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
10 April 2005, 12:27 AM
"Bossman- request evac plan. Our bird is evac-ing as requested. It's a hornet's nest up here- we're not going to last for much longer if their reinforcements manage to get to firing positions. How do we proceed?"

"Need some help up there? I don't reckon anything will be coming through the cantina entrance. Judging by the smoke, the entire ground floor's an inferno."

Standing cover halfway up the stairs, the smoke was venting through like a screen. Chiiko advances up the stairwell to the near top.

Rostek
10 April 2005, 01:34 AM
Once you pull the pin, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend! -Grenade training utterance


"Need some help up there? I don't reckon anything will be coming through the cantina entrance. Judging by the smoke, the entire ground floor's an inferno."
Oh hell... Stiev thought, noting the extra problem that heaped upon the already impressive list.
"Fun... so we've got a rather tight time limit as well then. Aye, we could use a tad 'o help up here, Chiiko- feel free to provide a lightshow when you reach the top here."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
11 April 2005, 03:36 PM
"Fun... so we've got a rather tight time limit as well then. Aye, we could use a tad 'o help up here, Chiiko- feel free to provide a lightshow when you reach the top here."

"On my way." Chiiko takes a few moments to unfasten the med-bag from his belt, and re-fastens it to the back of Sarge's pack. "Here you go sir, "

Chiiko climbs the rest of the way to the top of the stairs to join his comrads, looking for a target or few.

Kanner Ra'an
13 April 2005, 06:31 PM
Fire, that was not in the plan. Brand thinks. He watches as his shots drop two of the Weequay gunmen hard. "Two more shooters down." He says to no-one in particular. Having success so far, and not sure what else to do until the rest of the group gets moving, the same seems best and Brand fires another burst at the two remaining shooters.

OOC: Full attack to see if i can take care of the remaining shooters. Sorry for the delay guys.

Ronin
15 April 2005, 07:08 AM
And I knew there was something weird about him
'Cause when I turned around he was pullin' a big palm tree
Rghit up out of the ground
And swattin' those Charlies with it from here to Kingdom Come
When he led me out of danger
I saw my camp and waved goodbye
But he just winked at me from the jungle and then was gone
And when I got back to my HQ, I told 'em about my night
And the battle I'd spent with a big marine named Camouflage
When I said his name a soldier gulped
And a medic took my arm
And led me to a green tent on the right
He said, "You may be tellin' the truth boy,
But this here is Camouflage,
And he's been right here since he passed away last night."
But before he went he said, "Semper Fi,"
And said his only wish
Was to save a young marine caught in a barrage
So here, take his dog tag son,
I know he'd want you to have it now."
And we both said a prayer for a big marine named Camouflage
- Stan Ridgeway – “Camouflage”

Hawk Two backs across the junction, the whine of it's repulsors clear even over the gunfire around the junction. the gunner returns fire at the advancing speeder with the wing-mounted composite beamers, hitting the building behind it with one, and getting a good hit on it's right flank with the other...but not enough to stop it. The gunship stops with it's doors open, the deck flush with the cantina rooftop for you to step across.
"This is the Clonehawk Express pulling into Drekstorm Cantina. Would passengers please board as quickly as possible. Next stop: home," says the pilot, his voice revealing his desire to get the hell out of there.

Outside the cantina a few civies are running about, trying to escape. But with hostiles approaching along all the main roads, and you commandoes retreating to the junction, they're pounding on doors, but no one's letting them in.

As the floorboards in the corridor also start to smoke, and flames appear in the northern room, the woman lying prone on the floor of the corridor wakes up coughing. She looks up at the five of you gathering near the blast-hole...the unconscious Skak'...and Fengis carrying Wing on his back..."help me! What's happening?! Who are you?!"

Behind Brand, the Skak starts to stir...

Mission Time - 00:01:14

A shot from the hostiles accompanying the southern speedertruck clips Cal (Theta Three) in the shoulder, knocking him prone on the rooftop; "Fierfek! Boss, I gotta get off this rooftop. I'm making my way down to the junction."

Theta's Five, Six and Two take cover at the base of buildings around the cantina, firing on the advancing hostiles in all directions, a handful drop into the dirt terminally.

The dozen or so hostiles accompanying the southern speedertruck; a mix of humans, Khil, Nikto etc, rush forward toward the junction as Dutch, Brand and Stiev fire at them...some of the hostiles fire at Theta Six as he retreats into the junction from the west....others taking pot shots at the gunship, Dutch, Brand at Stiev at the hole...and their shots are getting closer.

To the north the pair of speedertrucks keep on coming, though the hostiles on foot start to hug the eastern side of the street, out of Deuce's view.

Mission Time - 00:01:18

"Hawk One to commandoes. Now's the time gentlemen," as the gunship screams overhead, straffing the hostiles from east to west with the fore APs.

Rostek
15 April 2005, 10:16 AM
Character is determined more by the lack of certain experiences than by those one has had.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Stiev noted with some satisfaction that his grenades had found their mark- falling into a large group of enemies coming from the south. The grenades exploded with great gusto almost simultainiously, leaving a gastly red and grey mist in the air. An arm impacted the wall across the street, flopping down onto the ground- useless.
Stiev hazarded a look out the opening and saw four crumpled bodies next to a large black burn mark on a wall, then noted a fifth wounded man leading the remaining 7 men.
Stiev takes aim again with his launcher and fires off his remaining grenades at the survivors.

[OOC: Last two grenades at the survivors, full attack]

coldskier0320
18 April 2005, 06:04 AM
Deuce watches with a slight sense of disappointment as his shots fail to do very much damage to the speeder truck, causing only a little superficial damage to the craft. Then, maddeningly, on the last shot, Deuce's deece jams, at a most inopportune moment. "Republic credits, hard at work...", Deuce grumbles to himself as he slings the useless weapon over his shoulder, tightening his sling so it wont come off. Though it was a useless piece of scrap, he might be able to unjam it, given a few moments respite. Grimly, he draws his sidearm and prepares to continue the battle.

"The Kappa boys are getting picked up now, all Thetas get to the junction poste haste! I repeat, withdraw to the junction!", Deuce barks to his men, "Cal, how you feelin? Need any assistance? That looked pretty nasty. Bolt, Feen, and Sparks, I want you on the side of the cantina that Hawk two is on, cover those boys. I think those hostiles in the alleys might be heading that way."

As Deuce climbs down from his rooftop, he scans the alley for any sign of the hostiles he saw skulking there earlier. After a moment, Deuce decides that, ironically, the cantina itself is the best defensible position his squad could take while Hawk One came in to get them, its location offering the most cover from the hostiles closing in from...well, everywhere.

Once down from the rooftop, Deuce chances a quick look at the bandits coming down from the north, as well as looking for potentialtraps he could set up for them, namely archways over the road or anything that he could make use of to slow them down.

As they near him, he pulls a frag grenade from his belt and chucks it into the group of hostiles coming in from the north. Hopefully it'd do enough damage to keep them occupied while Deuce got to the cantina...

Kanner Ra'an
18 April 2005, 11:34 AM
"Three down." Brand says, with satisfaction as he watches his barrage drop several of the enemies. He turns around to start shooting at the approaching speeders, wary of the possible heavy weapons they could carry, but hears something behind him. Out of the corner of his helmet he sees their prisoner starting to stir. Brand calmly draws his pistol, still having to ignore the great amount of pain from his wounded arm, and shoots the Skat point blank with a stun bolt. "How is it that human parents have a hard time getting children to sleep. It seems quite easy." he says stotically, replacing the pistol and regaining his line of sight on the enemy forces.

Vanger Chevane
18 April 2005, 02:27 PM
"Be an example to your men, in your duty and in private life. Never spare yourself, and let the troops see that you don't in your endurance of fatigue and privation. Always be tactful and well-mannered and teach your subordinates to do the same. Avoid excessive sharpness or harshness of voice, which usually indicates the man who has shortcomings of his own to hide." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel


"This is the Clonehawk Express pulling into Drekstorm Cantina. Would passengers please board as quickly as possible. Next stop: home,"
"Take, take, take! Man the turrets & doors to cover Theta."


"How is it that human parents have a hard time getting children to sleep. It seems quite easy." Chuckles "Repeated stunning is known to cause neural damage. Boy sleeps when told to, but is horrifically stupid too."

Once aboard he lays Wing down gently near the wounded Theta giving that one a quick look over.


"help me! What's happening?! Who are you?!"
Goes to the door making sure all his Brothers are aboard. Detaching one of the ropes from beside the door, says to the pilot "Clear, go cover Two & Theta."

As they pull away he tosses the rope over by the woman...Got zero reason to trust this "civvie" and plenty not to. and switches on the external speaker. "Nothing, no one, get Dirtdown before you burn."

Switching the speaker back off, he locates and crosses over to Brand, pulls a pain patch from a pouch, slaping it onto Brand's neck then quickly dressing his shoulder.

"Call out your status."

Rostek
18 April 2005, 02:46 PM
[OOC: Kanner and I (so far) are still in the hole covering you guys this round if I read correctly. Next round is a run for the boat absolutely, but we're out of moves unless the bird is 2 meters away]
"Call out your status
"Boss- Oh-Niner-Two is at more or less full capacity. There's going to be a helluva bruise on my gut tomarrow, but otherwise I'm good. I've got ammo up the knick-knack, but my thumper is out. Switching to rifle once I'm on the boat." Stiev says through his team communicator. Noting Dutch in the corner of his eye, Stiev decides to make an addendum: "Oh yeah, and Four-Eight-Seven can't speak... he took an elbow to the throat, so you might need to check him out Boss." he adds, watching his grenades as they arc beautifully through the air toward their inevitable destination...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
25 April 2005, 01:52 PM
Hawk Two backs across the junction, the whine of it's repulsors clear even over the gunfire around the junction. the gunner returns fire at the advancing speeder with the wing-mounted composite beamers, hitting the building behind it with one, and getting a good hit on it's right flank with the other...but not enough to stop it. The gunship stops with it's doors open, the deck flush with the cantina rooftop for you to step across.
"This is the Clonehawk Express pulling into Drekstorm Cantina. Would passengers please board as quickly as possible. Next stop: home," says the pilot, his voice revealing his desire to get the hell out of there.

OOC: I think its self explanatory :P

Chiiko watches the bird aproach and level with the rooftop, he makes his way across from the stairwell to the bird, making sure the Sarge was right behind him.

Depressing the trigger slightly to spin the barrel up, "C'mon, lets go, I'll cover you!" Chiiko gestures to his two squadmates taking cover on the rooftop

Ronin
7 May 2005, 07:54 PM
"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty." -John F. Kennedy (JFK)

Dutch draws a careful bead on the lead hostile: a Nikto. The bolt hits his thigh, blowing off the muscle mass. He screams briefly before falling unconscious. His second shot takes another hostile full in the torso, penetrating and blowing out the back of his ribcage. The smashed body crumples into the dirt. The commando's third shot collapses the side of a Snivian's head.

With Brand and Stiev's fire, there are only a pair of Klat's left with that speeder at the south of the junction....though further up the road you can see more gathering...

The Klat's bring up their rifles and let loose at the three of you, one bolt slams into Dutch's torso, carbon scoring the breastplate (12VPs).


Originally posted by coldskier0320
Deuce barks to his men, "Cal, how you feelin? Need any assistance? That looked pretty nasty. Bolt, Feen, and Sparks, I want you on the side of the cantina that Hawk two is on, cover those boys. I think those hostiles in the alleys might be heading that way."

Through gritted teeth Cal replies; "I'm good boss, setting up in the junction to cover Hawk Two."
"We're on our way, boss," Feen replies, directing Bolt and Sparks into place around the smoking cantina.
Mission Time - 00:01:20

With a boom, a bolt from the blaster cannon on the southern speedertruck slams into Clonehawk Two's starboard wing (5 hull damage). The gunner returns fire, raking the composites across the speeder, missing with one.

More smallarms fire comes from hostiles closing from the east and the west...so far nothing hits the gunship...or you.

Peeking around the corner looking north, Deuce can see a Devaronian and a Nikto sneaking through the alleyways...they spot you as you spot them...no more than 5m away. As Deuce leans out to lob his grenade, the Devaronian raises his pistol...
pain blooms in your upper chest as the bolt blows through your armour, flesh and muscle, nearly tearing your left arm off at the shoulder. (critical...down to 1WP 8o )

The Skak's plea is barely out of his mouth before he slumps back into unconsciousness under Brand's barrel.

The woman stands on the rooftop, stunned by the events around her, just looking with confusion at the rope Fengis offers her. Keeping your attention on your charges you look over Theta Four "Rat"...he's gone, beyond even a Jedi's healing abilities. Wing, on the other hand, might make it, but he needs help...and quick.

Feen, Bolt and Sparks pour fire westward into a virtual wall of hostiles. Feen pauses only to fire a grenade east as he spots a pair of swoops round a corner into the main road. His grenade misses both but makes them pause.

(Fengis will have to wait to treat Brand once he actually gets into the gunship)
Hawk Two's pilot cycles the repulsorcoils, they whine louder like a swoop racer impatiently revving his engine.

The gunship's whine almost covers teh engine sound of the other speedertruck approaching the junction from the north....
"Boss, Sparks here. You'd best get back to the junction before you're cut off. We've got speedertrucks to the north and south, hostiles on foot to the west and swoopers to the east."

Mission Time - 00:01:24

"Centurion to Clonehawk One, Clonehawk Two, Kappa and Theta squads. We are still experiencing technical difficulties...and sensors are picking up lifeforms approaching from the south of our position. We are contacting Koth's Honour for alternative extraction."

Rostek
8 May 2005, 10:08 AM
"It is a common mistake in going to war to begin at the wrong end, to act first, and wait for disasters to discuss the matter."
- Thucydides, Greek historian. "History of the Peloponnesian War"

Stiev notes with satisfaction that his grenades do their work properly- with Brand's fire complementing the action quite well. Nevertheless, one of the survivors manages to get a shot into their position.
Stiev leans over to Dutch and claps him on the shoulder- "Are you alright?" he asks.
Regardless of the response, Stiev motions to his fellows to follow him to the bird-
"It's now or never, gentlemen!" and begins his move to the craft, drawing his rifle as he moves.

[OOC: Depending on the distance, a move action to get to the bird and draw and a second to sling up my thump gun- if the distance is greater than one move action, then double move, but still draw the rifle]

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
26 May 2005, 12:15 PM
Chiiko jaunts with a slight bounce back out to the mid roof-top, towards Stieve, Deuce & Dutch to meet them half way, keeping the finger on the trigger- barrel spinning... Sweeps the barrel around, spotting for potential hostiles "I got your backs covered! Run for it!" Chiiko shouts over the channel.

Chiiko glanced at the woman, couldn't help but wonder why she was just standing there. dosn't she know she's a potential target... sighs oh for frell's sake..civilians....

Switching to his external vox, "You! lady! Get a move on, unless you want to die!" Chiiko uses his free left arm to point at her then bent it with a thumbs toward the hawk, not wanting to spend another single moment distracted from covering his buddies making the run for the hawk.

Frak, if woman's a target, what about me who's sporting the heavy weaponry??? What we need is a smokescreen

Having made a tactical decision, using his left arm, he reaches back for a smoker, thumbs-flicks the pin out, and rolls it towards Stieve's direction... Over the channel, "Just a little smokescreen brothers!"

Ronin
27 May 2005, 07:12 AM
"I just got my orders."
"For what?"
"Mobile infantry."
His face broke in a big grin of delight and he shoved out his hand. "My outfit! Shake, son! We'll make a man of you - or kill you trying. Maybe both."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Brand and Dutch slung their rifles and grabbed an armful of Skakoan each, keeping low they dragged the bulky alien across and boarded the gunship as Chiiko's smoke grenade covered their escape. Brand nodded his thanks as Fengis slapped a patch on his neck; the meds immediately seeped through his bodysuit. He'd barely had chance to catch his breath before his sarge began dressing his blasted shoulder.


"I'll be okay boss," he said as Chiiko and Stiev got aboard.
"Dutch pointed to his throat and grunted. Karking frell it still hurt!

Clonehawk Two was suddenly rocked by small arms fire and another chunk was taken out of the cantina wall by a blaster cannon.
"We are out of here!" said the pilot, pouring on power to the repulsors and turning as the gunship rose away from the junction. The gunner continued to rake the streets with the fore APs.

Mission Time 00:01:27

Deuce turned and sprinted toward the junction, confident that his grenade should have discouraged pursuit a bit. His chest was aflame with pain. He'd have to get Feen to take a look at him ASAP.

As he bolted into the junction he lobbed another frag across the junction at the approaching hostiles to the south.
"Hey, boss, scared we'd go without you?" Sparks chuckled then turns back to laying fire eastward.
"Kark me!" Feen exclaimed, looking at your nearly-shattered breastplate. He dug out a medpack and prepared to treat the wound as the rest of Theta squad formed a defensive circle around the two of you.

Out of the corner of your eye you spotted the woman clumbsily climb down from the cantina rooftop and run off down an alleyway...

then Clonehawk One roared overhead and began to circle lower...

"Theta squad, prepare for a hot pickup!"
Blaster bolts slammed into the dirt and surrounding buildings. Bolt took a hit to his shoulder with a grunt before shifting his aim and repaying...

Mission Time 00:01:30

Vanger Chevane
27 May 2005, 02:44 PM
"I yield to no man in sympathy for the gallant men under my command; but I
am obliged to sweat them tonight, so that I may save their blood tomorrow." - General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"Chiiko, snap yourself & that screamer in by the door and lay down suppression for Theta.

Couple of ya wanna take the turrets and blow something up with em?"

Finishes wrapping Brand and pats him on the back of the head "Watch the Skak and take it easy on the shoulder. Strap Bloatey there down nice and tight, wouldja? Be really embarrassing if it bounced out the door..."

Moves over to Dutch, applying another Pain Patch & gently probing his throat. "Nothing broken, just gonna be sore a few days. Drink some water & try to talk as little as reasonable." Pats him on the shoulder then on to Wing & the downed Theta.

These two are gonna take a lot of work, best get started and hope my brothers can take care of the rest on their own.

Rostek
27 May 2005, 03:06 PM
"Only great and general battles can produce great results"
- Karl von Clausewitz

Stiev finished his hustle into the bird with a bit of a huff as he landed on the deck. The first stage of the mission is now complete.

Couple of ya wanna take the turrets and blow something up with em?"

"Hell yes- no need to tell me twice, boss" Stiev says, grinning. He slings over his blaster rifle and plops into the turret currently facing the street.

[OOC: move to holster, move to turret]

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 May 2005, 02:18 AM
"Chiiko, snap yourself & that screamer in by the door and lay down suppression for Theta. "Copy that sarge!" Chiiko replied with cheer, satisfied all made it onboard. Doing as orderd: he secured himself via straps near the door, soo that his right side with the underslung had free movement, while leaving him only partially exposed.

As the hawk lifted off, he scanned the ground for Theta, Theta's irritants, and any target of oppertunity. His trigger finger at the ready.

Speaking over the comms, "Lets show what Commandos can do for farewell presents shall we?"

OOC: looking for targets

Kanner Ra'an
28 May 2005, 07:31 AM
That wasn't fun. Not that any plan should be expected to survive into the engagement. As Chiiko moves to drop some supression fire on the remaining thugs, Brand does do as well. "Sounds good." Brand aknowledges as he moves to the edge and searches for any targets that present themselves. He holds his rifles catiously, his arm still aching even with the painkillers. He leans out and fires at anything that looks hostile.

OOC: Full attack against the biggest threat Brand can see.

coldskier0320
28 May 2005, 06:03 PM
Saturday night I was down town,
working for the F.B.I.,
sitting in a nest of bad men,
whiskey bottles piling high,
boot legging boozer on the west side,
full of people who are doing wrong,
just about to call up the D.A. man,
when I heard this woman singing a song.

-the hollies, Long Cool Woman


Seeing the Kappa boys loading the apparently unharmed seppie into their lartie, Deuce allows himself a tight grin. Even if he didn't make it, it didn't appear his sacrifice would be in vain.

Wether from that surge of confidence, or the stims from Feen's helpful medpac, Deuce gathers some energy and, as Feen turns to help the others, Deuce finally gets back to fussing with his weapon, making a last ditch effort at getting the worthless weapon into some kind of working order. Frelling thing was probably made by Gamorreans...or worse...droids...

((OOC: Attempt to jury rig the deecee.))

Ronin
31 May 2005, 06:58 AM
"Am I my brother's keeper?" - Genesis IV:9

"Boss, I've got a bad feeling about this," says Sparks, momentarily stopping firing to change his powerpack.
"Thankyou for your insight Master Jedi," retorts Cal.
"I'm serious man! I gets all tingly and itchy just before the sh-," his words are momentarily drowned out by a grenade going off, "...fan. Tell 'em Feen."
"Sparks has this rash you see..." Feen begins to explain.
"Am I the only one fighting this war?" mutters Bolt.

Feen continues working on Deuce's shoulder with a medpack as the sarge clears his jammed DeeCee. (now got 3WPs remaining)

Taking stock of the situation around you:
There's a pair of swoopers inbound from the east, some 50m from the junction, and a wall of bodies advancing your way another 30m beyond the swoops. To the south there's the rather-close (less than 20m) speedertruck with a jury-rigged blaster cannon turret...again with more hostiles on foot much further down the road. 50m to the north there's the pair of speedertrucks advancing in single-file, the lead one slightly damaged. The west is wall-to-wall hostiles on foot...and with grenades running low, that's where Theta squad is putting most of it's fire.

Mission Time - 00:01:34

Clonehawk Two circles and climbs to cover Theta and Clonehawk One.


Dutch nods his thanks to Fengis and moves to the port doorway. With one speedertruck so close to the south, and two more coming from the north they've gotta be taken out...and soon. He shoulders his Firelance and pops off a shot at the speedertruck to the south. The bolt slams in to the makeshift turret, denting the plating badly.

Wing lies stable in the middle of the gunship's troop compartment, the pressure sleeve still in place over the stump of his arm. And the other half of the aforementioned limb still seems to be safe in Chiiko's backpack. He's stable, but he really needs working on soon...

Rat, on the otherhand, is gone. Another name to be inscribed on the Regimental memorial.
The gunship jolts as it takes fire from the two speedertrucks to the north. The cannon bolts slam into the fuselage, blowing off armoured plating.

As Chiiko, Brand and Stiev's fire pours out of Clonehawk Two, 'hawk One swoops down and settles just a short jog to the east of the huddled Thetas, AP cannons blazing eastward and blowing up one of the incoming swoops. The bike's wreckage slams into a roadside building in a cloud of sand and rockdust.

"Aaall aboard!" cries out the pilot.

Mission Time - 00:01:36

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 June 2005, 01:14 PM
Having spotted a a pair of speedertrucks, Chiiko squeezed the trigger hard, nailing the closest one with a rapid spray of hot laser. From the speed and distance it was far from a sniper's pin-point acuracy but it more than got the job done - burning a few holes and scorching the paint. It caused the driver to loose control, sending the vehicle slamming into a building wall, which effectively blocked the road.
"Ohyeah! Salt & pepper'd them critters! Someone wanna super-size that order to go?!?" Chiiko shouts over the channel.

OOC: looking for next target to 'paint'

johnnyputrid
10 June 2005, 08:34 PM
"Only two things are certain in warfare. A lot of good men will die and the brass will take all of the credit."
- Anonymous

Seeing the result of his riflework, Dutch is about to let out of whoop, until he realizes he would only further irritate his bruised throat. Ironic. I used to be the most talkative guy in my whole platoon.

Pausing to let his Firelance cool down a second, he makes a quick equipment check. Knife...check. DIdn't get to use it much, but at least I didn't lose the damn thing. OK, ammo...check. Should have enough to last a bit. Arms, legs, fingers, toes...yep, got 'em all. Armor's intact, more or less. Cigars...cool, got all of 'em. Huh, lost my lighter though. Guess we'll have to set fire to something...or someone. OK, were was I? Rasing his cooled-down rifle, he takes careful aim for the dented turret plate and lets loose a precision blast. Hopefully a few more shots'll put that stupid thing out of commission. I'd really like to go home now.

(OOC)
Full attack on the turret

Rostek
11 June 2005, 11:14 AM
Stiev easily reaches the composite turret.
Quickly surveying the controls, he fires a long beam along the speeder Chiiko had stopped. The truck exploded spectacularly, throwing debris across the square. The second truck, caught off guard by the explosion, makes a fast sideslip around the gutted remains of it's counterpart. Stiev fired again- but only managed to create a blackened streak along the hood of the vehicle.
"One speeder down- hey Chiiko, let's fry that second truck!" Stiev says into the comm, lining up the slightly burnt second truck in his sights.

coldskier0320
14 June 2005, 08:06 AM
Deuce takes stock of his squad's quandry before barking out a few short orders,

"Okay Feen, I think I'll be okay for now, thanks.", he says, though the pain in his chest was nearly unbearable. Raising his vioce, he yells,

"Sparks! You and Feen keep on those wets, I don't want them getting any closer or else they'll foul up Hawk One's landing, which'd tend to stink. Here, I've got a couple frags and stuns, use 'em."

With that, Deuce tosses his grenades to the two indicated commandos, keeping a single frag for emergency. It never occured to him the vast irony of that thought. Then he turns to Bolt and Cal,

"Concentrate your fire on that truck! Try and take out his big gun!", he indicates the one with the turret, "He needs to die, right now!".

He then pulls up his deecee and unloads on the truck.

OOC: Full attack on the turret.

Kanner Ra'an
14 June 2005, 05:44 PM
With his arm still injured, Brand remains with his hand gun as he doesn't think he could operate one of the ships guns, standing over the Skat protectivly. He hears the order shouted out and adds a flurry of his own fire to that already directed at the heavy guns.

OOC: Full attack on the turret.

Ronin
23 June 2005, 07:07 AM
In the Name of God, the Beneficient, the Mercyful...whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. - The Koran, Surah V, 32

Checking the pressure sleeve is still secure over Wing's severed right arm, Fengis surveys the other injuries to his brother:
his armour is barely held together, almost entirely shattered by vibro-axe blows and peppered by shots from shatterguns...
the muscle mass of his left forearm's been pretty badly mauled by shattergun shards...
Fengis pulls a medpack from his kit and sets to work on the left arm. The right one will have to wait for the docs back on the ship.

The bacta patches and pressure bandages are keeping the forearm together, though they'll need to run a scan for shrapnel later...
at last Wing's eyes flutter open.

Mission Time - 00:01:40

Sparks and Feen continue dropping wets to the west; Feen lobbing grenades at their cover and Sparks picking them off as they run for new cover.

Hawk One's pilot shouts over the comm; "Theta One, get your boys aboard this boat now! We are leaving!"
The gunner continues to cover the road to the east: raking the fore AP lasers back and forth until the barrels glow.

Mission Time - 00:01:42

As everyone's guns train on the remaining two speeder trucks (one at the south of the junction, and one stuck behind the wreck of another in the north road), the blaster cannons of both fire at Clone Hawk Two....bolts slamming into the armour plating and jostling everyone aboard...

And then the commandoes returned fire...

coldskier0320
23 June 2005, 07:24 AM
"Theta One, get your boys aboard this boat now! We are leaving!"

At last, the words Deuce had been waiting to hear. Immediately, he called out to his men,

"Cal, Feen! Get in the Lartie!, man those turrets and try and take out the wets from up there! Bolt, Cal, you too, lets go! Good work on those trucks, now get on those wets! We're outta here!"

Deuce sees Cal shaking his deecee and smacking it a few times, upon which he shouts,

"The truck's gone, you don't need it anymore! Just get in the damn transport!"

Deuce watches his men file into the craft, laying down cover fire at the wets as he makes himself the last to board. Once on board, he takes a turret and fires ot that same turret.

johnnyputrid
24 June 2005, 06:14 AM
"Not only strike when the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking."
- Oliver Cromwell

Seeing at least one of his bolts strike home, Dutch grins beneath his visor. From the looks of things, the speeder trucks were finished and the opposition toasted. Chalk up one successful mission, more or less. Hopefully Wing would pull through and live to fight another day. He'd heard that the cyborg limbs they'd been developing lately were top notch. And the rest of the gang's bumps, bruises and assorted injuries would sort themselves out with a bit of attention. Figuring he would probably speak with a pronounced rasp for the rest of his days, Dutch removed his stuffy helmet and cradled the Firelance in his arms.

Though the plan didn't survive contact, as usual, there were no complaints from this clone today. He had a new sqaud, a new family. Fengis, Brand, Chiiko, Stiev, Wing, those were his brothers now. If he died tomorrow, he could die content. So he'd never be a regular man, with a wife and kids. He'd probably never see a Mon Cal opera on Coruscant. He seriously doubted he'd ever live long enough to sit back in the Old Clone's Home and swap war stories. Didn't matter. As long as he had his squad, a mission and plenty of targets to kill, everything was just fine. Sitting with his legs hanging from the side of the larty, helmet between his legs, Dutch began to pass out cigars to the gang. Even Wing would get one, though someone would probably have to fire it up for him. Huh, I'll be a Hutt's uncle. My lighter's in my grenade pouch. Wonder how she got there. Oh well, time to smoke.

As the fragrent fumes of the fine Nubian t'bac drifted about the larty's cabin, Dutch decided that life was good.

(OOC)
Fixed up the post a bit. Yeah, Dutch has a sentimental side.;)

Vanger Chevane
24 June 2005, 03:35 PM
"War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Fengis notes a change in Wing's breathing and glances at his face, seeing his eyes pop open. So drugged up he may not understand me, but seeing & hearing a familiar face & voice can't hurt...

Places a hand gently on Wing's chest, and says in a calm & soothing voice. "Easy, don't move your arms. You almost took on more than you can handle. We're enroute to evac, and you'll be spending some time in MedBay." Shoots him a sly grin. "Maybe you'll get lucky and be the object of some beautiful lady's attention, eh?"

Seeing out of the corner of his eye the cigars being passed around, he does a quick mental check (Skill roll) to determine what effects one would have on his downed Brother. If it's reasonably safe, Wing can have half of one. :D

Kanner Ra'an
26 June 2005, 10:48 AM
Brand follows his shots and lets himself have a grin of satisfaction. His first bolt obliterates the turret, while the others join the hailstorm that rips the speeder truck to shreds. Not the most efficiant operation, but successful none the less. the commando tells himself as his eyes scan the area once more. He remains vigalent, but knowing their moving fairly fast and the hutts would have little to hit them while their airborn, he allows himself to settle and removes his helment. Lets see what the attraction is. the withdrawn commando thinks as he removes the t'bac. He finds a survival lighter in his gear and lights up the strange smelling stuff. Not unpleasent. Not unpleasent at all.

Rostek
1 July 2005, 08:26 AM
Once again, Stiev followed up Chiiko's spray of blaster bolts with a blast from his gun... and once again it was Stiev's blast that blew the truck to high hell.
"Yes!" he says, stepping back out onto the deck of the Lartie.
Taking the t'bac and lighting up with his survival lighter, Stiev pushes back his helmet and sticks the burning stick into mouth. "It's a filthy habit- heheheh." he says, savoring the flavor.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
1 July 2005, 01:00 PM
**before Stieve**
Chiiko pulls the trigger, peppers the truck thoroughly seasoning it. Thing was ready to be set to broil or bake. "Someone get a lighter, this one's ready for the cooker!"

**after Stiev**
Watches Steiv set the truck aflame, then pulling a cigar, lighting it, pulling back his helmet to puff it. Chiiko chuckled over the squad comms, "When I said someone grab a lighter, I didn't mean litterally!" :D

Ronin
2 July 2005, 04:25 AM
"Everything is proceeding as I have forseen it" - Emperor Palpatine.

As Deuce seats himself at Hawk One's door the pilot lifts off, angling south for the quickest route out of the city.
"Hawk Two lead the way," One's pilot comms.
"Roger that. Hey, what the-?! Are you guys smoking back there?!"
As the oaky smell of t'bac spreads through the cabin the smoke is whipped into vortices as it reaches the open doors and is pulled out into the air over Mos Espa. The city is a blur beneath you as Clonehawk Two accelerates south toward the RV with Centurion.
"Hey Sarge," whines Sparks, "how come the Kappas got smokes?!"

As the two larties rocket toward the edge of the dusty city both are still
rocked by the occasional small arms fire, prompting Deuce to enter the cabin proper rather than accidentally lose a leg to a lucky shot.

Mission Time - 00:05:13

When that troublesome tower that you nearly hit on the way in appears in sight, you know it's almost time to call end-ex.

And suddenly the cabin of Hawk One erupts in alarms. You catch a brief glimpse of a purple-ish smoke trail coiling toward the gunship from 8 o'clock low but it's too late. The missile hits Clonehawk One full in the port wing, decimating the wing. Immediately the gunship yaws sharply to port and Cal is thrown out the starboard door, vanishing out of sight as he plummets to the city below.
With a roar the port engine detonates and the gunship begins to pitch forward and to port before the pilot can compensate. Suddenly the gunship hits something hard and everything is black.

"SAM!" shouts Hawk Two's pilot. From Hawk Two you watch helplessly as a missile screaches up from almost directly beneath Hawk One. On a coil of purple grey smoke it snakes up to Hawk One and takes it. As the wing is blown to smitherines, the port engine detonates and the gunship yaws wildly a figure is tossed out and falls to the city below.
As the pilot clearly struggles with the controls, the tower looms directly ahead of the dying gunship.
Hawk One hits the tower hard. In an explosion of rubble the gunship is sent into a flat spin, spewing debris. With a final roar it lands atop a low building, tearing the roof off and comes to rest in the middle of a main street as crowds of civvies scatter.

Mission Time - 00:05:33

"Centurion, this is Hawk Two. We've got a Clonehawk down. We've got a Clonehawk down. Clonehawk One is down. We've got a bird down in the city..."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 July 2005, 03:05 AM
Chiiko ducked in within the safety of the Clonehawk's walls, as their bird was plinking occasionally with small arms fire, the odd laser streaking past the open door. Few hits hit the door frame, making Chiiko duck best he could while tied in.

Not that he was scared or anything. He ducked from trained reflex, as lasers that hit the bird still had some energy remaining to them.

To his horror, Chiiko watched it all- Clonehawk One flying alongside them, next minute- hit from below with a missle, as the channel was live with incoming fire. It took only seconds for the bird to lose control, slam into the towel, spiral down to a flaming crashland into the streets below, thick smoke billowed in a column like a signal beacon.

Frak!!! where'd it come from?!? We could be next! Chiiko's mind raced, was it panick? was it fear from the sureality of the situation? Hold it together trooper... Clones don't know scared- arnt bred to be. Still can get startled though, right??? Chiiko thought silently questioning himself, as past terrors seemed to come back to haunt his thoughts- as he'd already seen too much back on the disaster called Geonosis. He swallowed and reported in, as he risked peering out the door to below, as he tried the helmet's optical enhancers & magnifications for a better view.

"Clonehawk One spotted on the ground, is smoking. Possibly burning. Too much smoke, can't see much!"

Rostek
4 July 2005, 08:53 AM
Stiev saw the missle trace its path, then impact the other Laartie.
He knew what it was, for after one experianced a Hailfire assault, one rarely forgets it.
"Hailfire!" Stiev shouted over the squadron comm. That was a definite "not good" for all involved, as the Hailfire generally had a lot more to dish out than just one rocket.

Kanner Ra'an
4 July 2005, 10:14 PM
Brand jolts back up, dropping the t'bac and replacing his helmet. He looks around for more incoming missles. "I cant see anything. The impact was severe. Unlikly that their alive, and furthur unlikly that they are active." He says, as he continues to gaze down at the smoke. The gunships engine had detonated before hand, probably ruining the escape vehicles located at the rear. The clones themselves are at a high probability of all being disabled and badly injured. The gunship is a completely loss, the enemy are extremely numerous and close by, and with the Hailfire still present, along with any other similar forces nearby, the enemy has an effective control of the local airspace. "And even if they are, that artilliary is still an active threat. Any attempt at recovery will be extremely difficult."

Brand continues to stare. At the same time, he thinks, if they act immeadiatly, then they can swoop in and attempt and extraction while the enemy is still moving to secure the downed craft. The Hailfire also wont have the same targeting data yet as it did on the other craft, or the element of surprise. The local forces are also undisiplined enough that it will be difficult to create a signifigant gound precense in the area quickly. A mob maybe, but a mob isn't as difficult as a real force. "If we want to though, our best chance for success is now."

coldskier0320
7 July 2005, 10:39 AM
Deuce comes to inside the wrecked craft...and abruptly wishes he hadn't. Seems the stars had decided to unleash a whole world of hurt on his head. Still, MD-243 was no lightweight, gently easing himself into a sitting position, he looks around, only to realize hecan't look around. The crash had totally wrecked his helmet, knocking out visual, and pretty much everything else. With the new pain that came from moving his arms, he managed to wrench off his helmet and look around.

Bolt and Sparks are still lying up inside the laartie, not doing a great deal of movement, and Feen...Feen was sprawled out, just outside, a long durasteel wing support from the laartie through his belly. At this, Deucefelt a pang of nearly unbearable grief, Of the whole squad, he'd felt the closest to Feen, not to mention that if either of the other two were alive, his skill with a medkit would have come in handy.

With a groan, Deuce calls out, "Thetas, let's move! Whaddaya think this is, a tea party?".

Though the others don't seem very responsive, he was their leader, and he was determined not to leave behind any member of the party that could possibly survive. Pulling himself up, Deuce searches around and gathers up his deecee before heading out into the harsh sunlight of Tattooine. Shielding his eyes he looks up into the sky to see hawk two passing overhead. Instinctively, he sends them a hand signal, circling his finger then pointing off toward the extraction point. Go ahead without me, congrats, boys, on a mission success...

Vanger Chevane
13 July 2005, 02:52 PM
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. - General George Patton Jr


Packing up his gear quickly & reseating his helmet, Patrol Slings both his Deece and the Duo so he can grab & fire either or both quickly without losing too much accuracy.

Snapping himself into the line and gauging how much length he has and about how long he can slide down the line and brake to a stop dangling from the LAAT before he seriously risks dropping off the end.

This is probably insane, but only the insane would think we'll do this.

"Bout par for the GAR." :P

Again, he hads out the plan without many specific assignments, trusting his team to take on whatever task they're best at.

"One of you come click in. We're gonna trail down, then the Larty does a dip pass. Clicking off means we'll hit the deck hard and hafta come up moving. Pilot, give me a good run as close as you can once we're at the end, but do not hover. Once we're off the line, stay evasive. Circling's gonna get you dropped.

We go get Theta, do whatever we can, & get them out somewhere we can slide em in or or rope em up.

Rest of you find and kill that Di'Kuttla Hailfire and stand by to fish us off a rooftop or whatever vehicle we can commandeer once we're clear. Need suppressing fire reeling em in, and a good winchman on the buttons."

Waits for the others to pick out & take their places.

Rostek
13 July 2005, 03:17 PM
Stiev reset his helmet and checked his weapons (DC, Grenade launcher pistol and Duo... and loading them if necessary).
"I'm with you boss." he says, charging his DeeCee and clicking in.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 July 2005, 05:24 PM
Chiiko listens to the Sarge layout the plan. After Steiv checked in, Chiiko acknowldeged by gesturing to the harness, "Sarge, I'm already strapped in. Someone's gotta stay up here to man the salt & pepper shakers right?"

Kanner Ra'an
15 July 2005, 08:17 AM
Brand straps on his gear and checks his weapons. He doesn't agree with the plan, it involves too much risk, but he has his orders and he is inclined to agree with them. "I'll volunteer for disabling the Hailfire." He states, knowing he can probably do it best with his select skills. He knows where to hit ballistic missles to make them explode, he knows the technology. His wounds might also make him a liability if the fighting gets truely hot.

Ronin
20 July 2005, 05:42 AM
When on the battlefield, if you try not to let others take the lead and have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, then you will not fall behind others, your mind will become fierce and you will manifest martial valour. This fact has been passed down by the elders. Furthermore, if you are slain in battle, you should be resolved to have your corpse facing the enemy. - Yamamoto Tsunetomo.


Originally posted by coldskier0320
With a groan, Deuce calls out, "Thetas, let's move! Whaddaya think this is, a tea party?".
"Shame," Feen manages with considerable pain, "I was looking forward to a good brew," he coughs and a trickle of blood comes out of his helmet and runs down his neck, "Sarge, the boys are gone...and I'm on the way. You make sure those slackers in Kappa squad don't get all the credit," he chuckles lightly then falls silent.

Mission Time - 00:05:34

Debris and dust is still settling outside the downed gunship as Deuce exits into the sunlight. Civvies are fleeing from the area...and not doubt hostiles are inbound...

As Fengis and Stiev click in, duos in their arms, the pilot puts Hawk Two through a steep turn, decelerating and then swooping down toward Hawk One. "Sargeant, I'll drop you right on Deuce's doorstep," the pilot says, "and we'll be back after we wax the droid. Kappas, keep an eye out for the Hailfire...once the sarge and Stiev are on the deck, I can do a sensor sweep..."

The random small arms fire ceases as the gunship drops toward the deck...streaking along the street, buildings whipping past each side, before you know it Hawk One is barely a dozen meters ahead...and there's no sign of the Hailfire...
"Drop!" shouts the pilot.

Mission Time - 00:05:45

Cut to: Hangar Bay, Republic Acclamator-class Assault Cruiser Tiin's Wisdom

Stood before the dark form of the Infiltrator are three commandoes: one in black armour with yellow piping, the other two in standard grey Katarn armour...and one grey clad, moustached officer.
"KVR/R-a, PA-237, CC-420. This is an emergency mission. Two commando squad were sent to Mos Espa on Tatooine to secure a CIS officer. They succeeded. We have just recieved word from Captain Talmont of the Koth's Honour that one of the squads and their gunship has been shot down in the city. The remaining gunship's pilot has reported a possible Hailfire droid in the area. This suggests a stronger CIS presence than our intel had indicated. The squad's hyperspace-capable transport is suffering from technical difficulties and is unable to retrieve the gunships. So, we're sending you three to bring everyone home," Pellaeon explains.
"I realise that Sigma squad is low on men: CP-647 is away on another assignment and you're missing another man...but you two and KVR/R-a are all we can spare. The ship's computer seems to have Tatooine already in it's Navcomp," he raises an eyebrow as to why the ship already has the remote planet's coordinates but then shrugs; "you are to get to Tatooine ASAP, pick up Kappa and Theta squads, the captive CIS officer and the Republic pilots. We've had to strip out all the Infiltrator's weapons and convert it to troop-transporting space."
"Goodluck gentlemen," he finishes, snapping off a salute.

CaamasiJedi49
20 July 2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
When on the battlefield, if you try not to let others take the lead and have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, then you will not fall behind others, your mind will become fierce and you will manifest martial valour. This fact has been passed down by the elders. Furthermore, if you are slain in battle, you should be resolved to have your corpse facing the enemy. - Yamamoto Tsunetomo.


"Shame," Feen manages with considerable pain, "I was looking forward to a good brew," he coughs and a trickle of blood comes out of his helmet and runs down his neck, "Sarge, the boys are gone...and I'm on the way. You make sure those slackers in Kappa squad don't get all the credit," he chuckles lightly then falls silent.

Mission Time - 00:05:34

Debris and dust is still settling outside the downed gunship as Deuce exits into the sunlight. Civvies are fleeing from the area...and not doubt hostiles are inbound...

As Fengis and Stiev click in, duos in their arms, the pilot puts Hawk Two through a steep turn, decelerating and then swooping down toward Hawk One. "Sargeant, I'll drop you right on Deuce's doorstep," the pilot says, "and we'll be back after we wax the droid. Kappas, keep an eye out for the Hailfire...once the sarge and Stiev are on the deck, I can do a sensor sweep..."

The random small arms fire ceases as the gunship drops toward the deck...streaking along the street, buildings whipping past each side, before you know it Hawk One is barely a dozen meters ahead...and there's no sign of the Hailfire...
"Drop!" shouts the pilot.

Mission Time - 00:05:45

Cut to: Hangar Bay, Republic Acclamator-class Assault Cruiser Tiin's Wisdom

Stood before the dark form of the Infiltrator are three commandoes: one in black armour with yellow piping, the other two in standard grey Katarn armour...and one grey clad, moustached officer.
"KVR/R-a, PA-237, CC-420. This is an emergency mission. Two commando squad were sent to Mos Espa on Tatooine to secure a CIS officer. They succeeded. We have just recieved word from Captain Talmont of the Koth's Honour that one of the squads and their gunship has been shot down in the city. The remaining gunship's pilot has reported a possible Hailfire droid in the area. This suggests a stronger CIS presence than our intel had indicated. The squad's hyperspace-capable transport is suffering from technical difficulties and is unable to retrieve the gunships. So, we're sending you three to bring everyone home," Pellaeon explains.
"I realise that Sigma squad is low on men: CP-647 is away on another assignment and you're missing another man...but you two and KVR/R-a are all we can spare. The ship's computer seems to have Tatooine already in it's Navcomp," he raises an eyebrow as to why the ship already has the remote planet's coordinates but then shrugs; "you are to get to Tatooine ASAP, pick up Kappa and Theta squads, the captive CIS officer and the Republic pilots. We've had to strip out all the Infiltrator's weapons and convert it to troop-transporting space."
"Goodluck gentlemen," he finishes, snapping off a salute.

"Roger that sir. I promise you my men and I can do this," said PA-237, Papi, to Pellaeon. "SIr, one question: whats the enemies numbers when it comes to battle droids?"

Kanner Ra'an
23 July 2005, 11:36 AM
Brand move to the edge of the gunship, firearm ready if he sees so much as a womp rat looking oddly at the commando's as they drop. He also allows his eyes to move to the Skat, making sure that the CIS officer is still sleeping soundly. The last thing he wants is for the prisoner to turn suicide bomber and use his suit to take out the remaining bird.

OOC: Readying a full attack against any visible threat that appears. If not, and if the Skat is starting to wake up, a stun blast for him.

Rostek
23 July 2005, 11:49 AM
Stiev hit the deck pretty softly, all things considered [OOC: Do we need any skill checks or reflex saves?].
"You OK, Sarge?" he asked, bringing up his Duo to cover this front
"We are on the ground, Clonehawk, good luck up there." Stiev says, looking over to the wreckage for any sign of movement.
"Anyone alive in there?" he asks into the intersquad comm.

max ordo
23 July 2005, 12:09 PM
Standing at attention during the breifing CC-420 thinking to himself as Pellaeon is speaking. Geez..Is this all we have to do, rescue 2 squads, some pilots and a CIS prisoner. OK Papi you grab one squad I'll grab the other and KVR\R-a here can grab the pilots and prisoner. Then we can just skip out of there with them on our shoulders. Right. I wish Gig was here, to at least round out the team. Quit complaining CC-420 this is what you were made to do, you will accomplish this mission and you will like it! Snapping himself out of his previous line of thought and getting down to business "Sir, will we be provided with fairly up to date surveilence and possibly a map of the area before we reach the planet?"

coldskier0320
23 July 2005, 02:49 PM
Removing Feen's helmet, Deuce tries to help him drink some water, but it's too late for his medic. Though he trusted Feen implicitly, Deuce still checked the nearby commandos for vital signs: nothing.

So that's it...I've lost my second squad and I'm on the run. Least these guys aren't nearly as good of shots as those trandoshans...Grabbing any grenades that Bolt or Sparks may have, Deuce cxhecks the charcge on his deecee, swapping out a power pack if it's low, then runs across the main street into a narrow alley, where he crouches behind a pile of garbage and takes a few moments to think.

Okay...escape and evasion...gotta get away from the laartie, then get my bearings and head for the EP on foot...

Deuce is still thinking, straining his ears to hear the hostiles on their way when he hears the telltale sound of a laartie swooping overhead. Damn fools. Do they want toasted too? Still, he admires their courage, and as he looks up to see where they're heading, he hears a footstep out by the crash. Hesitantly, deecee pulled up into firing position, Deuce eases around the corner...

...To see two commandos searching the wreckage.

At first, MD-243 thinks he's hallucinating, but then he realized that he'd have never heard them line-drop with all the noise from the laartie. Barely managing to believe that they came back for him, Deuce calls out softly, "Nice of you to drop by. My comm's shot, along with the rest of my helmet, but I'm still kickin'...my other guys though..." He trails off, not sure how to deal with their loss yet.

Vanger Chevane
25 July 2005, 07:02 PM
”We will either find a way or make one.” - Hannibal (247-183 BC), Carthaginian general.

Despite the Pilot's best efforts, Fengis knew he'd hit pretty hard. After rolling and spinning across the ground for a few meters, he gets to his knees, shakes his head, and double checks his guns are still good.

After a spot-check of the rest of his gear, and a quick sweep of the area, "You OK, Sarge?" "We are on the ground, Clonehawk, good luck up there."

"Yep, but I'll regret this tomorrow." he said, referring to the various bumps and bruises he'd acquired despite the toughness of his Katarn Armor. "Looks like we're clear for the moment. Locate our people, and a ride we can Liberate quickly. Not necessarily in that order."

While sweeping the area in & around the crash "Nice of you to drop by. My comm's shot, along with the rest of my helmet, but I'm still kickin'...my other guys though..."

Fengis made his way over quickly, and once he'd closed to check out the fallen Theta his hud ID'd him as MD243. I'll be, we're already over 50 Out Here. "Relax Little Brother, we'll find em. Your Deece Good to Go?" After patching up whatever Deuce needed immediately, grabs a working helmet from one of the corpses & hands it to Deuce along with his Deece or another working gun, if needed. "It'll have to do for now, Little Brother, let's see if anyone else bounced good before the Hawk vapes everything here. Stiev, how're we doing on that Liberation?"

Ronin
1 August 2005, 05:18 AM
How thing ye? If a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? - Matthew XII:12


Originally posted by CaamasiJedi49
"Roger that sir. I promise you my men and I can do this," said PA-237, Papi, to Pellaeon. "SIr, one question: whats the enemies numbers when it comes to battle droids?"

"Aside from one destroyer droid acting as bodyguard to the CIS agent, there have been no confirmed sightings of any battledroids whatsoever," Pellaeon explains, "our agent who performed the reconnaisance for this mission reported no CIS armed forces present on Tatooine, let alone in Mos Espa."


Originally posted by max ordo
"Sir, will we be provided with fairly up to date surveilence and possibly a map of the area before we reach the planet?"

"A map is being downloaded to your HUDs as we speak. The red rectangle denotes the initial mission location. The green circle denotes Clone Hawk One's crash site. The pilot of Hawk Two is relaying information back via the Centurion. Two members of Kappa squad have been dropped off to rescue members of Theta squad and secure the crashsite while the other members of Kappa try to locate and kill the Hailfire..." Pellaeon finishes quickly, ushering you onto the ship.

Kav straps himself into the pilot's seat and warms up the ship, prepping the navcomp as he goes. The two of you find most of the inside of the ship has been gutted to make room for passengers; makeshift seating has been bolted and welded into place along the walls with crash webbing drapped over everything.

Mission Time - 00:05:48

Brand administers a stun bolt to the groaning Skak's forehead before he fully comes round, and Hawk Two rockets across the city.
"Nothin'..." says the pilot over the commnet, "no sign of any Hailfire on the scanners," he says.
"I don't like this," mutters the gunner, "we're sitting banthas up here."
From your vantage point you can see hostiles inbound on foot from the north...five distinct groups...over two dozen in each...the streets are all full of scattered civvies too, making it hard to ID actual threats.
One thing is for sure: you can't see any Hailfire.
Or any speeders anywhere near the crashsite.

Mission Time - 00:05:51

Ronin
1 August 2005, 05:20 AM
(forgot to attach new map data)

CaamasiJedi49
1 August 2005, 07:45 PM
Adjusting his seat strap, Papi looked at his two comrades in arms. "From the map given to us, it looks like were being dropped a good distance away from the crash site. Though that Hailfire has disappeared, I think its most likely roaming the main road, due to its size and configuration of its wheels. Thus, we must weave through the back alleys and roads or Mos Espa's neighborhoods to avoid being caught in the open."

"We will take the back alleys along the south east, swiftly moving in towards the east of the crash site. Once were east of it, we will move in towards the crash site. Granted, me must enter the main road to get to the other neighborhoods, but if we move swiftly, we will avoid any trouble out there. Once at the crash site, we will help secure the area and rescue Theta, or if Kappa has done so already, cover Kappa's rear as they pull out. Watch your rears Sigma, we can't fail our mission."

Rostek
6 August 2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
”We will either find a way or make one.” - Hannibal (247-183 BC), Carthaginian general.

Despite the Pilot's best efforts, Fengis knew he'd hit pretty hard. After rolling and spinning across the ground for a few meters, he gets to his knees, shakes his head, and double checks his guns are still good.

After a spot-check of the rest of his gear, and a quick sweep of the area, "You OK, Sarge?" "We are on the ground, Clonehawk, good luck up there."

"Yep, but I'll regret this tomorrow." he said, referring to the various bumps and bruises he'd acquired despite the toughness of his Katarn Armor. "Looks like we're clear for the moment. Locate our people, and a ride we can Liberate quickly. Not necessarily in that order."

While sweeping the area in & around the crash "Nice of you to drop by. My comm's shot, along with the rest of my helmet, but I'm still kickin'...my other guys though..."

Fengis made his way over quickly, and once he'd closed to check out the fallen Theta his hud ID'd him as MD243. I'll be, we're already over 50 Out Here. "Relax Little Brother, we'll find em. Your Deece Good to Go?" After patching up whatever Deuce needed immediately, grabs a working helmet from one of the corpses & hands it to Deuce along with his Deece or another working gun, if needed. "It'll have to do for now, Little Brother, let's see if anyone else bounced good before the Hawk vapes everything here. Stiev, how're we doing on that Liberation?"

Stiev smiled at Sarge's summation of the situation and allows his boss to check over the (as far as Stiev could tell) mute clone.
Stiev looks around the crash site- nothing viable for liberating... this was not good. Chances are, dozens of unfriendlies were coalecing around their position.
"We've dropped into the middle of nada, boss. There's not a working vehicle in sight." Stiev said, his voice gaining a resigned edge to it.
This would not end well.

Ronin
16 August 2005, 06:35 AM
"My God preserves me and my friends. My enemies, I'll take care of."

As the Infiltrator glides out of the hangarbay and accelerates away from the Acclamator toward the jump point Kav speaks, his eyes never leaving the controls; "I can pretty much drop you two boys wherever you need to be. And in this bird, they won't even know we're there until we open the door, or break comm-silence."

ON TATOOINE:

Hawk Two continues to fly over the city in an unpredictable pattern, searching for the elusive Hailfire...and you can see the groups of hostiles making their way steadily south.
"Hey Kappas!" calls the pilot, "I'm a little concerned that your dirtside boys are gonna have unwelcome visitors...how about we do a quick fly over those party crashers and send them a message?"

Mission Time - 00:05:55

A tumbleweed bounces past as Fengis, Stiev and Deuce take stock of their vehicle-less situation and the civvies on the streets flee from sight.

CaamasiJedi49
16 August 2005, 07:05 AM
"Hey Kav, drops us about 50m east of the crash site. And if you see any unusual activity, spot out the direction and what it is. I would like to know what trouble we might face as we head down."

Rostek
16 August 2005, 11:37 AM
Stiev, being in the situation he was, was becoming fairly worried about his continued health.
"Hey, guys- if, from your rather high vantage point, you can see any speeders within a decent running distance.. well, give us a shout, will ya?" he says into his comm.

Vanger Chevane
16 August 2005, 03:08 PM
Glaine ár gcroí
Neart ár ngéag
Agus beart de réir ár mbriathar

(The cleanliness of our hearts
The strength of our limbs
And our commitment to our promise)

Irish Special Forces

Love this quote. :D

Checking the map in his HUD & orienting himself, "We'd best move. Southwest, stick to the narrower streets to avoid mass incoming. Hawk, if we get near the large lane south of that estate, can you safely trail a rope we can clip into, and worry bout reeling us in on the way out?"

Having gathered up his gear & any sensitive equipment that shouldn't be left behind, takes whatever's small enough to not hamper him. "Stiev, drop a Det in this pile on our way out."

standing and noting the Theta just staring at him, lightly cuffs him upside the helmet and sternly says "C'mon Brother, shift it before someone shoots it."

coldskier0320
16 August 2005, 03:57 PM
"C'mon Brother, shift it before someone shoots it."

Abruptly, Deuce snapped out of his reverie. The true perspective on their dire situation had just sunk in to the commando, and he wasn't taking it well. Even now, he could feel his last rations coming up, but, by dint of sheer willpower, he forced himself into action.

"Right", he responded to Fengis over Feen's old helmet comm, "Let's go. But first, I gave my guys my 'nades before we lifted off, let's get 'em back."

He bends over the bodies of his fallen comrades, reclaiming any explosives they may have. Then, says to Fengis, "I am MD-243, Theta Squad's leader. Seeing as how my squad is gone, I fully subit to your command."

Rostek
16 August 2005, 04:05 PM
"Alright boss- one boom coming up." Stiev replies.
Stiev follows Deuce into the wreckage to do the deed, muttering, "Sorry man." over the comm and getting to work.
(OOC: if the now-deceased Thetas have any detonite charges on them, I'll use those, if not, then I suppose I'll use a couple of frags).

coldskier0320
16 August 2005, 04:36 PM
OOC: Deuce has det charges. Just ask him for some. ;)

Rostek
16 August 2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by coldskier0320
OOC: Deuce has det charges. Just ask him for some. ;)
[OOC: Kay ;)]


IC:

Noticing that Deuce seemed to be the demo man on the now defunct squad, Stiev turns to him and asks:

"Hey, 243, do you have any det charges on you? We've got to blow this bird and get out of here."

max ordo
22 August 2005, 12:58 PM
"Hey Kav, drops us about 50m east of the crash site. And if you see any unusual activity, spot out the direction and what it is. I would like to know what trouble we might face as we head down."

Listening to 'Papi' give their pilot the location of the drop point RC-420 'God' waits patiently until they are on world. "Papi, we seriously need to watch our backs here. I'm not questioning orders but this seems a bit of a stretch, two commandos being sent in to extract 2 other squads. I'd feel alot better if I was able to dig in somewhere and give you some better coverfire. Right now, as far as we know, we are the only two Sigmas left. I don't want that to end because we were sent in with bad intel and worse planning. You know I have your back brother, whatever the case may be." 'God' sits quietly for a moment thinking to himself What is my problem questioning orders and rambling like a common clone. I am a Republic Commando being sent to resuce my brethren. If I keep talking like this outloud and to myself I'll find myself on the next ship to Kamino for re-education. "I believe we should set down a little further out than 50m Papi, we need to hit the ground without being seen by the countless eyes doubtlessly watching the crash-site. I'd say a block over, then we double time it to the others, pull them out and have Kav swoop in for a quick extraction. Just a suggestion though, you are the Sarge." he finishes with a slight grin and a quick wink to his pod mate.

Vanger Chevane
22 August 2005, 02:50 PM
"It is not big armies that win battles, it is the good ones!" - Marshal Maurice de Saxe


"I am MD-243, Theta Squad's leader. Seeing as how my squad is gone, I fully subit to your command."
"MT-204. Kappa NCOIC. You've a better idea or plan, I need to hear it.

Grab what ya can, set the pile to blow, & let's move before the party gets a lot bigger than we want.


Sorry bout your Brothers, but you're ours now. Once we extract you'll meet the rest of the Combat Geniuses, Stiev you've already experienced."

CaamasiJedi49
22 August 2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by max ordo


Listening to 'Papi' give their pilot the location of the drop point RC-420 'God' waits patiently until they are on world. "Papi, we seriously need to watch our backs here. I'm not questioning orders but this seems a bit of a stretch, two commandos being sent in to extract 2 other squads. I'd feel alot better if I was able to dig in somewhere and give you some better coverfire. Right now, as far as we know, we are the only two Sigmas left. I don't want that to end because we were sent in with bad intel and worse planning. You know I have your back brother, whatever the case may be." 'God' sits quietly for a moment thinking to himself What is my problem questioning orders and rambling like a common clone. I am a Republic Commando being sent to resuce my brethren. If I keep talking like this outloud and to myself I'll find myself on the next ship to Kamino for re-education. "I believe we should set down a little further out than 50m Papi, we need to hit the ground without being seen by the countless eyes doubtlessly watching the crash-site. I'd say a block over, then we double time it to the others, pull them out and have Kav swoop in for a quick extraction. Just a suggestion though, you are the Sarge." he finishes with a slight grin and a quick wink to his pod mate.

"I don't think they will notice us if they got their eyes on the crash site. And, I want to be in the middle of the neighborhood so we avoid that damn hailfire droid. When it comes to the Sep droids, you gotta take all the necessary precautionsl. And while I appreciate your concern, I know this mission won't be like Ryloth. If they didn't believe in our abilities to do this mission with two Sigma's, then why would they send us? We will be fine, I assure you." Papi grinned back at 'God' while he said this

coldskier0320
25 August 2005, 08:56 AM
"Hey, 243, do you have any det charges on you? We've got to blow this bird and get out of here."


"MT-204. Kappa NCOIC. You've a better idea or plan, I need to hear it. Grab what ya can, set the pile to blow, & let's move before the party gets a lot bigger than we want

Nodding, Deuce pulls a handful of the gray clay-like detonite charges from his belt. He also gets a few timer from another pouch. Then, tossing a few to Stiev, he says, "Here y'are brother. We'll set for two minutes then get out."

Then he turns to Fengis, "Plans? Right now gettin' out of this stingfly nest sounds pretty good. Once we set the charges we can take off. The explosion should delay our pursuers too."

With that, Deuce sets about placing his 2 chrages against key structural components of the downed laartie, trying to ensure that the wreckage left behind will be of no use to the seppies, should they try to salvage it.

((OOC: Knowledge (Engineering) check for the best places to put the dets for maximum destruction, then the Demo to place em. ;)))

Kanner Ra'an
4 September 2005, 12:41 AM
"The hailfire isn't making itself known. Im all for a strafing run. Our chances of success on the ground are greatly raised if we do." Brand says, moving away from what must now be a very sore Skat and readying himself by the hatch for the possible run. "At the very least it will send the civilians who can see running and make identification of the real threats easier." .....and provent any mob actions. We've stirred up a hornets nest. Best to smoke out as many as we can. Their is little differance between a civilian and a hutt criminal here anyways, except for the fact that the hired goons die if they dont comply. They should retreat easily, or they'll fall like the rest. The demolitons expert tells himself, not thinking it needs to be added.

OOC: Sorry for the wait. 50 hour work weeks arn't agreeing with me.:(

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
6 September 2005, 12:31 AM
Mission Time - 00:05:48

Brand administers a stun bolt to the groaning Skak's forehead before he fully comes round, and Hawk Two rockets across the city.
"Nothin'..." says the pilot over the commnet, "no sign of any Hailfire on the scanners," he says.
"I don't like this," mutters the gunner, "we're sitting banthas up here."
From your vantage point you can see hostiles inbound on foot from the north...five distinct groups...over two dozen in each...the streets are all full of scattered civvies too, making it hard to ID actual threats.
One thing is for sure: you can't see any Hailfire.
Or any speeders anywhere near the crashsite.
"The hailfire isn't making itself known. Im all for a strafing run. Our chances of success on the ground are greatly raised if we do." Brand says, moving away from what must now be a very sore Skat and readying himself by the hatch for the possible run. "At the very least it will send the civilians who can see running and make identification of the real threats easier."

"Agreed, Brand. Help our brothers by helping ourselves not become a sitting target. Take us in piilot!" Chiiko speaks over the shortrage comms, then switches to longrange to his fellow units on ground, "Bird to ground, bird to ground, Chiiko here, we've spotted companies north of your picknic, five by twelve guest list. We're comin in to season & trim the dinner menu. Over."

Chiiko used choice words, hoping the Sarge would pickup on it. No telling how secure long range channels were.

Vanger Chevane
6 September 2005, 02:22 PM
"We cannot afford to be idle, and though weaker than our opponents in men and military equipments, must endeavor to harass if we cannot destroy them" - General Robert E. Lee, September 1862, in a letter to President Jefferson Davis.


"Bird to ground, bird to ground, Chiiko here, we've spotted companies north of your picknic, five by twelve guest list. We're comin in to season & trim the dinner menu. Over."
"Incoming ants understood. Buffet Table down to the right, enroute."
Unorthodox, but hope it works...
Switching back to proximity freq "Time to go, party's coming and I don't want to be the Guest of Dishonor."

Runs southwest toward the "large estate" shown on his map, sweeping the first alleyway against anyone trying to cut them off while Stiev and Deuce catch up.

Ronin
7 September 2005, 07:19 AM
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action." - Barry Eisler, Chokepoint/Killing Rain


"Hey Kav, drops us about 50m east of the crash site. And if you see any unusual activity, spot out the direction and what it is. I would like to know what trouble we might face as we head down."
"Roger that Sarge," Kav nods, never taking his eyes off the starfield. Reaching to his left he gently slides back the hyperspace level and the ship slips from realspace.
"You boys relax," he says calmly, "I'll get you there in one piece. And bring everyone back."
You're not sure if you heard a slight, unconscious emphasis on 'everyone' when he spoke. Strange that.

ON TATOOINE:

"Hawk, if we get near the large lane south of that estate, can you safely trail a rope we can clip into, and worry bout reeling us in on the way out?"[/B]

"Roger than Kappa One," replies Hawk Two's pilot, "After our strafing run we will RV with you on the main strip."

Once Stiev and Deuce have set the explosives in the carcass of Clone Hawk One, they join Fengis and head off the main strip and into the alleyways, working their way south-west...

Mission Time - 00:05:58
Explosive Timer - 00:01:57

Feeding more power to the engines, Hawk One's pilot drops to almost rooftop level and angles the gunship to put her above the buildings on the right side of the trench-like main strip heading north-east...where you can see a pack of hostiles advancing.
"We're gonna rocket into the group at the end of this section, follow the strip east into the second group, then pull back for the pickup," says the pilot, "you let these nerfherders have it with everything you've got as soon as they're in range!"

The rooftops beneath you are a blur, as are the buildings on the otherside of the street. The three of you (Chiiko, Brand, Dutch) gather on the left of the gunship by the open door, weapons ready.

As the gunship rockets toward the junction, your HUDs strain to magnify and clear the images over the dust in the atmosphere and the vibration of the gunship. There's a few civvies...a whole lotta ugly muthas with rifles...and countless more pedestrians who could be either...over thirty individuals...
bringing your weapons into the aim, the rangefinders start up...
300 meters...
200 meters...
100 meters...
50 meters...

Mission Time - 00:06:01
Explosive Timer - 00:01:54

coldskier0320
7 September 2005, 08:15 AM
Hurrying to keep up with Fengis, Deuce checks his deecee then pulls it up into a ready position, attempting to cover the areas Fengis has his back to. Having set up a countdown in a corner of his HUD, synched with his det-charges, he smiles in grim satisfaction, One fifty-four...that ought to give a few of those seppies time to be rummaging through the wreck when she blows...good for 'em...

Kanner Ra'an
7 September 2005, 09:14 AM
"Dutch, Chikko! The Midgits have a heavy ballistic!" Brand yells, noticing the quartet of ugnaughts and their dangerous load, and prioritizing them as the most dangerous target. The clone unleashes a barrage against the missile itself, hoping a random shot can take care of their entire host, or at least a good portion of it. At the very least, end the threat of a second downed bird.

OOC:Full attack against the rocket, and if i can take it out, then i'll move down to the wookiee and other ugnaughts.

CaamasiJedi49
7 September 2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Ronin
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action." - Barry Eisler, Chokepoint/Killing Rain


"Roger that Sarge," Kav nods, never taking his eyes off the starfield. Reaching to his left he gently slides back the hyperspace level and the ship slips from realspace.
"You boys relax," he says calmly, "I'll get you there in one piece. And bring everyone back."
You're not sure if you heard a slight, unconscious emphasis on 'everyone' when he spoke. Strange that.

"Roger. Keep me posted."

Vanger Chevane
7 September 2005, 01:47 PM
Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there. - Lieutenant General V.H. Krulak, USMC

Checking both guns are ready, and Stiev has joined the group, hefts both the Duo and Deece then nods to Deuce.

He's got more experience at battle, time we used his Edge.

"Theta, you're the Senior Combat Genius here. You know where we want to go and what the sitch is. How do you wanna do this?"

coldskier0320
7 September 2005, 02:24 PM
"Theta, you're the Senior Combat Genius here. You know where we want to go and what the sitch is. How do you wanna do this?"

"Call me Deuce. Okay, this is what we'll do: Get to that building right now. I can set up a breaching charge if the residents don't wholeheartedly support the Republic. Then we get Two to grab us off the roof, kinda like your infiltration, just in reverse. If that doesn't work...", he thinks back to the briefing even as he leads the group off in the appropriate direction, "If that doesn't work, we head out for that canyon. You're both okay enough to make a hundred kicks, yes?"

Vanger Chevane
7 September 2005, 02:44 PM
"Call me Deuce. Okay, this is what we'll do: Get to that building right now. I can set up a breaching charge if the residents don't wholeheartedly support the Republic. Then we get Two to grab us off the roof, kinda like your infiltration, just in reverse. If that doesn't work...", he thinks back to the briefing even as he leads the group off in the appropriate direction, "If that doesn't work, we head out for that canyon. You're both okay enough to make a hundred kicks, yes?"

He chuckles "Like we'd have a choice if we're down to Plan C? Fengis, (nodding toward him) Stiev.

Plan B is running & clicking in while Hawk drags a rope down that road just south of there. Just hope Hawk can pull up fast enough it don't hurt too much."

Rostek
7 September 2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by coldskier0320


"Call me Deuce. Okay, this is what we'll do: Get to that building right now. I can set up a breaching charge if the residents don't wholeheartedly support the Republic. Then we get Two to grab us off the roof, kinda like your infiltration, just in reverse. If that doesn't work...", he thinks back to the briefing even as he leads the group off in the appropriate direction, "If that doesn't work, we head out for that canyon. You're both okay enough to make a hundred kicks, yes?"

Stiev checks that his various weapons are in good form and hefts the Duo as his primary, covering the area not covered by his compatriots.
"Sounds delightful..." Stiev said, running the odds of survivability through his head. Needless to say, the numbers weren't all that encouraging. "Let's have at it then." the clone finished, scanning the streets for any threats.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 September 2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Kanner Ra'an
"Dutch, Chikko! The Midgits have a heavy ballistic!" Brand yells, noticing the quartet of ugnaughts and their dangerous load, and prioritizing them as the most dangerous target. The clone unleashes a barrage against the missile itself, hoping a random shot can take care of their entire host, or at least a good portion of it. At the very least, end the threat of a second downed bird.

OOC:Full attack against the rocket, and if i can take it out, then i'll move down to the wookiee and other ugnaughts.

"Spotted a troupe of Gamoreans & lotrans! I'll pin them down for ya, soften our aproach, and thin their ranks by a few..."

They can't all duck, run and shoot at the sky while all at the same time... Not acurately at least. Less opposing fire initially the better we fare...

As the distance closed in the mere seconds it took to speak, Chiiko squeezed the two-stage trigger, the barrel barely spinning up, and pouring out fire almost imediately - in range.

And thats the trade-off with rotaries vs conventional rifles; couple second delayed response in spin-up time but once going the salvo was a nonstop lethal chain of laser.

OOC: firing on lotrans and gamoreans...

Ronin
9 September 2005, 07:42 AM
00:06:01 map

Ronin
12 September 2005, 05:04 AM
(spits) "Ain't got time to bleed." - Sergeant Blain, Predator.

With Deuce leading the way and Stiev bringing up the rear, the trio head through the side streets and alleyways southwest. From the north you hear gunfire, explosions and the sound of Clone Hawk Two's engines.

Deuce suddenly pulls up, his right fist held up signalling to his brothers to stop. You can hear rapid footfalls and the sound of gear slapping against bodies as those bodies double-time it...in your direction...

Mission Time - 00:06:04
Explosive Timer - 00:01:51
IN HYPERSPACE:
As Kav monitors the Infiltrator's systems he nods to himself...everything seems fine. "Hey, Sarge, I haven't seen you Sigma boys before...been busy?" you can almost hear the smile in his voice.

BACK ON TATOOINE:
As Hawk Two passes over the junction, the three of you unleashing hell out the left-side door, it banks to starboard to take you round for a shot at the other group of hostiles to the east...

Mission Time - 00:06:07
Explosive Timer - 00:01:48

Ronin
12 September 2005, 05:06 AM
Hawk 2's flight path.

CaamasiJedi49
12 September 2005, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Ronin
Mission Time - 00:06:04
Explosive Timer - 00:01:51

As Kav monitors the Infiltrator's systems he nods to himself...everything seems fine. "Hey, Sarge, I haven't seen you Sigma boys before...been busy?" you can almost hear the smile in his voice.


As Hawk Two passes over the junction, the three of you unleashing hell out the left-side door, it banks to starboard to take you round for a shot at the other group of hostiles to the east...

Mission Time - 00:06:07
Explosive Timer - 00:01:48 [/B]

"Well, we're usually ones that people come to in a dire situtation. If you heard of what we did on Ryloth, then maybe you see why we're here now."

Ronin
12 September 2005, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by CaamasiJedi49
"Well, we're usually ones that people come to in a dire situtation. If you heard of what we did on Ryloth, then maybe you see why we're here now."

Kav chuckles; "I know how you feel...that's pretty much my lot in life too. When the best of the best of the best find themselves in trouble...we're called on to save their asses. I didn't hear about Ryloth...but I guess it wasn't nice..."
His hands run over the controls as the blue blur of hyperspace continues out the viewports...

Rostek
12 September 2005, 01:16 PM
Oh, bollocks Stiev thinks, readying his weapon to fire and moving to crouching position behind the nearest convinient bit of cover.
"Ready." says the clone, covering the western side between two pieces of cover.

(Move to position, then ready action to open a can of whoopass on the groups approaching from the west with my DeeCee)

coldskier0320
12 September 2005, 07:13 PM
Seeing the two clones take up firing positions, Deuce shakes his head. Pointing to the estate he loops a finger in the air over his head then points at the structure. Over the close range comm he says, "Negative boys, not out where they can surround us. Its into that building...now!"

With that he scans the area through his weapon sight, darts over to the doorway alcove, and motions Fengis over.

((OOC: Just to be safe, a Knowledge (Tactics) check, to see what those sand-monkeys are up to.))

Kanner Ra'an
12 September 2005, 07:27 PM
Brand watches with a grizly sense of satisfaction as he rains bolts down up the enemy. The well aimed burst shots rake the explosives, detonating the rocket, triggering a massive fireball followed by a screen of smoke and shrapnel. The commando checks the aftermath as they move on, seeing the group and a good chunk of the surrounding property bearing the scar of his assault. "Threat eliminated." He says simply, looking around with his weapon raised, just searching for the next hostile.

Rostek
12 September 2005, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by coldskier0320
Seeing the two clones take up firing positions, Deuce shakes his head. Pointing to the estate he loops a finger in the air over his head then points at the structure. Over the close range comm he says, "Negative boys, not out where they can surround us. Its into that building...now!"

With that he scans the area through his weapon sight, darts over to the doorway alcove, and motions Fengis over.

((OOC: Just to be safe, a Knowledge (Tactics) check, to see what those sand-monkeys are up to.))


(OOC: You mean one of those blurry things is a building? Cool beans- that's a much better plan)

Stiev, in the haze of battle and processes of searching for enemies, had totally missed the building sitting clearly ahead of the group.
D'oh! he thought, following his brothers into the door.

(OOC: Belay all that previous crap :rolleyes: )

max ordo
13 September 2005, 12:36 PM
Glancing first at Papi then at their pilot " How long til we touch down on this dust ball. I'm gettin an itch for something besides sittin here on my rump." God ask to them both and nobody in particular. Inactivity and boredom will kill me before anything else at this rate. Sigma's sniper thinks to himself.

Vanger Chevane
13 September 2005, 01:57 PM
Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there. - Lieutenant General V.H. Krulak, USMC


"Negative boys, not out where they can surround us. Its into that building...now!"
Dashing over, Fengis puts his back to the other side of the door. Rifles spead out and ready to hip-fire at any unfriendly stupid enough to stick their head into his sights.

He sighs mentally, Wish this Duo was linked to the HUD so I didn't have to either manually aim or guesstimate. Need really some small interlinks we could just clip to a recovered weapon and have the aim be reliable.

This is getting uncomfortably close to Ten Percent.

"Right behind you. Any problems hit the deck and I'll light it up. Stiev'll watch our backs."

Ronin
26 September 2005, 12:41 AM
And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear its weight together. Forged like the saber in the fires of death, Brothers all. - Traditional Mandalorian war chant.

IN CLONEHAWK TWO:
As Brand beside him fired at the Ugnaughts setting up the missile launcher, so did Dutch fire at them. His first shot took his target full in the chest, throwing the dwarven alien to the ground and opening its chest up wide. The second shot from his Firelance dropped a second Ugnaught with an ugly gut wound.

Fire from Chiiko's screaming rotary raked the crowd of hostiles; punching through the armour of a Braceman and flooring him...and more rounds eviscerated a nearby Gamorrean before all were engulfed in the explosion as Brand's shots struck the missile.

Shrapnel, fragments of plascrete and an arm bounce off the gunship hull as it rockets past.

MEANWHILE, ABOARD THE INFILTRATOR, BOUND FOR TATOOINE:
"Gents, don't get too impatient," Kav replies, "we'll get there when we get there. I'm flying her as fast as I can as it is. If I fly her any faster, she'll fly apart."
"Why don't you busy yourself polishing your pistol?" he jokes.

Mission Time - 00:06:10
Explosive Timer - 00:01:45

As Deuce and Stiev race across the courtyard, followed by Fengis...suddenly the air is split by fire from both sides of the clearing. Light repeaters and several rifles open up...
Deuce takes a round in the right shoulder (6VP gone) just before he slams into the door of the large shop on the other side of the courtyard...and discovers that the door is unlocked as he tumbles through it and into the shop.
Bolts whip past Stiev from both sides but somehow the Force is with him and he makes it to the other side unharmed in the slightest.
The distinctive sound of T-21's on both sides are confirmed as Fengis also takes a round in the left thigh ( for 15VP).
There are also screams from civvies in the streets and courtyard, who race for cover, though at least one is caught in the crossfire...

Clonehawk Two completes its turn; the craft's nose peppered by small arms fire from the hostiles below: about a dozen on foot (a mix of Humans, Weequay, Khil, even a couple of Wook's and a Barabel) surrounding another speedertruck, though thankfully this one is unarmed...

Mission Time - 00:06:13
Explosive Timer - 00:01:42

Vanger Chevane
27 September 2005, 10:10 AM
"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Attributed to George Orwell

Hustling across the courtyard, Fengis is spun around by one of the poorly-aimed storm of blaster bolts and when his foot hits the ground again grunts "Fierfek."

Spraying fire at both sides and hobbling backward towards Deuce & Stiev, "I'll be slow for a bit, but it's not bad."

max ordo
27 September 2005, 10:43 AM
"Why don't you busy yourself polishing your pistol?" he jokes.



"Already done that, but I suppose I could do it again" nto picking up on the finer points or sarcasm "GOD" pull his blaster pistol and goes about metuiculously cleaning and re-re-checking everything to make sure there will be no problems. Humming a Mandalorian War chant as he works.

Rostek
27 September 2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Attributed to George Orwell

Hustling across the courtyard, Fengis is spun around by one of the poorly-aimed storm of blaster bolts and when his foot hits the ground again grunts "Fierfek."

Spraying fire at both sides and hobbling backward towards Deuce & Stiev, "I'll be slow for a bit, but it's not bad."

"Bloody wonderful." Stiev says, taking aim through his DC's scope.
"I've got an explosive surprise for these bastards." he finished, unleashing a heavy anti-armor rocket from his underbarrel launcher.
The rocket zoomed toward a space in between two enemy occupied windows on a nearby building.
Opening the now smoking breech, Stiev enters another heavy rocket for a potential followup.

(Attack the SOBs in the northern [I think] building with a rocket, move to reload that bad boy)

coldskier0320
27 September 2005, 11:51 AM
Deuce takes a round in the right shoulder (6VP gone) just before he slams into the door of the large shop on the other side of the courtyard...and discovers that the door is unlocked as he tumbles through it and into the shop.

Well, that was easy enough, Deuse thinks at the door he'd just come through. Immediately, he brings up his deecee and sweeps it across the interior of the shop, looking for any signs of hostiles. Checking over his armor, he sees the shoulder plate absorbed most of the energy of that blast.

Thank the Maker, he thinks, that plate was one of the few what didn't get mucked up in the crash.

Waving the otehrs over, he hears Fengis,


"I'll be slow for a bit, but it's not bad."

"Eh", Deuce replies, "I know what you mean. I've had worse."

Whether the others pick up on his vast understatement or not, Deuce spies Stiev's judicious use of the rocket launcher and can only nod in silent approval at his methods. Glancing back over toward Fengis, he says, "I like this one, let's keep him."

:D

Kanner Ra'an
2 October 2005, 10:33 AM
"We should continue to hit them like this." Brand says, constantly scanning for more targets. "If we can keep breaking them up it'll make our comrades lives that much easier." He suggests. The Hutts thugs are usually slave soldiers and not well motivated. If they keep them from massing, they'll be far easier to deal with and likly lose a lot of their courage.

CaamasiJedi49
2 October 2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Ronin
And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear its weight together. Forged like the saber in the fires of death, Brothers all. - Traditional Mandalorian war chant.


MEANWHILE, ABOARD THE INFILTRATOR, BOUND FOR TATOOINE:
"Gents, don't get too impatient," Kav replies, "we'll get there when we get there. I'm flying her as fast as I can as it is. If I fly her any faster, she'll fly apart."
"Why don't you busy yourself polishing your pistol?" he jokes.


Mission Time - 00:06:13
Explosive Timer - 00:01:42

Papi scowls under his mask. "I've cleaned ym gun enough. Why don't you focus on flying this ship, hmm?" Papi hated to sound angry, but he was antsy and wanted to get to Tattooine quickly and help out his brethern. He didn't want a repeat of Ryloth.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 October 2005, 11:47 PM
"We should continue to hit them like this." Brand says, constantly scanning for more targets. "If we can keep breaking them up it'll make our comrades lives that much easier."

Giving the equivilance of a verbal 'thumbs up', "Hey, i'm all for it Brand... I don't think their dietary intake program is all too well on a sandpit like this. What'd you say we supplement their intake with a little 'nade and a whole lotta laser? A full course serving of Shake'em'n'bake'em!" Chiiko responds cheerfully witty, duely noting the pings of smallfire hitting their bird like underside hail, keeping a vigilant scan for more targets and threats...

Considering he was securely strapped in, his left hand reached behind for a frag grenade, "And today's menu special is...."

Ronin
5 October 2005, 07:48 AM
"But, in general, powered armour doesn't require practice; it simply does it for you, just the way you were doing it, only better. All but one thing - you CAN'T scratch where it itches. If I ever find a suit that will let me scratch between my shoulder blades, I'll marry it." - Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers.

Between Deuce's shoulder blades was itching something rotten as he scanned the inside of what appeared to be a shop. Or a refuse yard. Perhaps both.
From behind the counter floats a small but pudgy blue alien with a few day's worth of stubble and a hat like a hubcap.
"Oy vey! What da hell d'you think you're doing to my shop?" :watto:he shouts, "my door!" he says, pointing to the door now lying on the floor where you bodily bowled it down.
"ooever you are, I expect you to pay for that!" he curses as a volley of blaster fire comes in through the open doorway, just missing Stiev and hitting a rack of dismantled droids, "that too!"
Other than one grumpy Toydarian entrepreneur, Deuce finds the shop devoid of (physical) threats.
Mission Time - 00:06:14
Explosive Timer - 00:01:41

IN THE INFILTRATOR:
Kav sighs and returns to watching the swirling mists of hyperspace.
"I'll have you both there as soon as I can sergeant," he sighs again, "I don't know what happened on Ryloth, but I know you're squad is down to three men. I'm sorry about that. My last trip out wasn't exactly a picnic either. But don't worry, I'll be bringing you all back this time."

IN CLONEHAWK TWO:
Dutch makes sure the Firelance is solidly into his shoulder before putting three rounds into the speedertruck as Hawk Two rockets past. The first and third punch through the speeder's plating (8 damage total) but the second glances off.
Brand and Chiiko then have their go...

BACK AT THE COURTYARD:
As Fengis makes his way backwards toward the enterance to Watto's shop the courtyard is continually raked with fire from shooters on both sides. He sees half a dozen civvies go down...a child kneelling over a body, trying to scream the life back into her mother's corpse.
Then another shot slams into the plastoid plate over his gut (9VPs) as he makes it to the door by Stiev.

More fire comes from the north east of the courtyard as hostiles on foot arrive and take up firing positions at the end of alleyways. Three shots take chunks out of the wall just next to Stiev.

Mission Time - 00:06:18
Explosive Timer - 00:01:37

As Chiiko readied the frag, primed it and leaned out to lob it at the speedertruck, a volley of smallarms fire from the hostiles surrounding the very same truck impacted Hawk Two's port wing, throwing the gunship starboard and into a shallow dive...
the grenade slipped from his fingers...
everything became silent as the three commandoes watched it bounce once, twice against the deck...
and roll into the cockpit.
"What the f-?" the gunner curses before the canopy blows out, followed by a fireball and a storm of fragments. Dutch (closest to the cockpit) cries out as his armour is pelted with shrapnel. Debris rockets about the cabin as the decapitated gunship begins to go down...

Mission Time - 00:06:19
Explosive Timer - 00:01:36

Rostek
5 October 2005, 08:05 AM
"Faugh a Ballaugh!"
-Irish War Chant (Clear the way!)


Stiev watches his rocket impact the second story wall of the gunners' building- the explosion removes most of the outer wall, but both gunners appear to only be mildly injured, and continue their firing.
Stiev dodges a blast which continues into the shop.
With his view now clear, however, Stiev goes to work with his rifle, pumping a pair of shots out at each gunner.

Before steping into the shop for cover, Stiev watches detatchedly as something exploded on their boat.
That's not good he thinks with a note of sadness, watching their only ride out of town begin what Stiev guessed would be a death roll into the pavement.

(OOC: Full attack- two each with Rapid Fire and Multifire, then a 2m step back into the shop after my shots go.
BTW: That kind of action is what every GM lives for- natural 1, natural 1- F***-all! B))
EDIT: Added quote ;)

Ronin
5 October 2005, 08:06 AM
Courtyard map.

Ronin
5 October 2005, 08:11 AM
Mos Espa and projected crash site map.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
5 October 2005, 12:51 PM
"For those about to Rock - FIRE!!!
We salute you!!!
FIRE!!!"
- AcDc, For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)

Chiiko see's the truck pierced and slam into the wall below with a grin. "Nice shot!"

"And now heres-"In split seconds, the bird is rocked back by return fire, the bird dives, deck tilts, and from the momentum, grenade slips from Chiiko's fingers, sails through the air, bounces once, bounces twice and into the cockpit, all in the spanse of a few helpless heartbeats... a few futile cries... And.... BOOOM!!!!! The cockpit blew....

There wasn't any time for self cursing. That was for later, if he survived. Flicking a tongue for the LR switch, shouting, "Frak!!! Bird to ground, This party's goin down!!!! Repeat! Bird to ground, This party's goin down, our meal ticket has been served!!!!"

Chiiko wastes no time, grabbing hold of his safety lines, legs slightly bent, and tries to ride with the momentum of the falling craft...

(OOC: uhh.. spend force point to survive this anyone??)

Vanger Chevane
5 October 2005, 02:41 PM
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stewart Mill

Backing into what he hoped was a safe zone - or would be by the time hs Brothers were inside, Fengis concentrates on keeping the level of Incoming down, and the senders ducking. Unable to really take aim and precisely neutralize the threat, he knows despite his efforts, some rounds were bound to hit people there either by intent or accident.

A blast streaked out from roughly where he was tagged before and hits him solidly in the gut. Flung backward and partly crumpling to roll with some of the impact, he flings the Duo toward the window and triggers a quick burst.

One of his shots seems to strike home as the replying blast sings by wide to one side and the following tears through the roof of the target's position, then ceases altogether. Flying low through the door and lading hard on his back, he rolls and comes up standing despite the pain, one rifle trained out the doorway, the other square on the fuming Toydarian.

Dryly, "Had some help with my Grand Entrance. Now what?"

coldskier0320
5 October 2005, 05:42 PM
Deuce spots the...startlingly ugly creature a moment before it speaks.


"Oy vey! What da hell d'you think you're doing to my shop?" he shouts, "my door!" he says, pointing to the door now lying on the floor where you bodily bowled it down. "ooever you are, I expect you to pay for that!" he curses as a volley of blaster fire comes in through the open doorway, just missing Stiev and hitting a rack of dismantled droids, "that too!"

"Better save it, this isn't a good day.", Deuce says to the thing flatly, hearing a Kappa boy in the long range frequency he adds, "Tommorow's not looking good either."

Deuce then leans out into the alcove and shouts to the Kappas, "Get in here, now!", and as they enter, he thinks to himself, now what?!

Pressing past the hovering alien in a quick search of the room, he tries to find anything that would be directly useful to the three of them. He then begins racking his brain, trying to think of anything that they could do to save their rears.

((OOC: Intimidate ol' Watto, and a Knowledge (Tactics) check to figure a way out of this.))

Ronin
5 October 2005, 06:07 PM
"Centurion to Kappa One and Theta One. Centurion to Kappa One and Theta One. We have just lost comms with Clonehawk Two. Please respond. Is the Skakoan secure?"