PDA

View Full Version : No Need for Pithy Sayings: NNtBS OOC thread

Pages : [1] 2

Donovan Morningfire
11 December 2004, 02:53 PM
(sorry 'Ris, I'm gonna have to save the "third time's the charm" for another time)

Okay, since the last OOC thread hit 500 posts, as per the general forum rules, here's a brand spanking new thread to use, but hopefully not to badly abuse.

BTW Slavan, as stated in the old thread, I pushed your deadline back to the 17th. And congratz on the happy home sitch.

On another note, given that Christmas and New Year's are quickly approaching, I'm not gonna be as much of stickler on timely posts for the next few weeks.

Happy Yuletime Shopping! (Thank :yoda: mine's all done!)

Slavan K. Guiser
13 December 2004, 12:58 PM
Hey, thanks a whole bunch Donovan. It is a pretty happy situation to be in, other than the constant moving of couches and other easy-to-wound-one's-self type furniture. The extra time will be really helpful.

Ris
13 December 2004, 01:47 PM
Dono, I'll forgive you. But a true Jedi Do-Gooder would find another use for Moi's wonderful suggestion. ;)

everyone--check out my post in the "Great Codex" thread :D

Rissy :marajade:

dragonseye
16 December 2004, 07:17 AM
I am thankfully nearly done with our x-mas shopping. I just need to get my parent's gift and that'l be it. :D

Slavan,

Some people just seem to be magnets for furniture that will injure you. Or, if you're getting help from my father in law, he just doesn't pay pay attention when ten people are yelling at him to stop because his son has his hand stuck between a very large sofa and a door that's getting crushed every time he attempts to pull the sofa through the door. I swear my husband came home black an blue the last time we had helped my sister in law move. And needless to say, we moved our stuff without my FIL in tow, but the hubby still got injured by several boxes attacking him while he was hauling them down the stairs.

Ris,

LOL hmm, now what would the rest of us be reponsible with in our NNTBS postings. Maiming the Narrator at the least. :D

Ris
16 December 2004, 03:11 PM
LOL hmm, now what would the rest of us be reponsible with in our NNTBS postings. Maiming the Narrator at the least.
I said it was "(Ir)responsible," remember? And refresh my memory, was it the Narrator or the Censor Monkeys we were gonna sic JEJ's Voice-over on?

Slavan K. Guiser
17 December 2004, 01:49 PM
One Small Post for Me, One Giant Thread Bump for RacerKind!

It's up. have at ye. Barely on time. Thanks for the extra time. No insanity came forth until about 2.30 this afternoon. Woooooooo,

Donovan Morningfire
17 December 2004, 03:10 PM
Just read yer post Slavan, and after the mind-numbing day I had at work, was worth the wait. (in best Dumbledore voice) Well done, Mr. Guiser, well done. However ... there are still other racers out there.

Speaking of X-Mas stuff, while the presents have been purchased and wrapped for a while (save a last minute purchase for me mum), it's now a matter of getting them shipped (and the local post offices have been swamped).

Ris,
I've got the Christmas packages and the Clone Strike stuff boxed and ready to be shipped. I'll have to hit the post office early tomorrow morning to be sure they get there in time for Christmas. No rest for the wicked it seems.

Side note,
I just scored the Christmas compliation from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. They could be considered Rock-Opera as far as musical genre, but it's pretty darn cool. I think Amazon has it for $40, and so far it's been the best money I've spent on CDs since I got the new Star Wars Original Trilogy soundtrack set.

Also been re-reading my collection of Rurouni Kenshin manga novels, which has been an inspiration for how Donovan's been acting, namely referring to himself as "this one" and acting rather simple-minded.

And luck of luck, I scored one of the new "micro-sized" PS2's last weekend! (My old one finally gave up the ghost and died). Nice to be able to pop in a game disc and have it work first try, especially in regards to Kingdom Hearts :) :)

Ris
17 December 2004, 03:50 PM
Trans-Siberian Orchestra is the best thing to happen to Christmas music since Mannheim Steamroller! And that's saying a lot!

Vash Knives
18 December 2004, 02:31 AM
As we enter through a time of chaos, we still must still remember the reason for the season-to celebrate the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem.
Joyeux Noel:hansolo:

KnightStalker
18 December 2004, 09:17 PM
Just so you all know, I won't be needing any deadline for my post, I have it all set to go and I'm posting it right after I post this. That way, we can quickly move onto who's next in the posting order.

Oh, Donovan, I'm sure you'll enjoy this post, I had fun thinking it all up. :D

Slavan K. Guiser
18 December 2004, 11:59 PM
Glad you enjoyed the post, Donovan. It was one of those few that struck when I had nothing left but to force it out. Sat down for about an hour and a half and just pounded it out rather quickly.

Knightsalker.....I hope I did everything correctly. ^_^ I haven't read your post yet, but I'm sure it turned out almost as funny as mine. Hope it's not funnier, or I'm going to lose my coveted first place spot!

Ris, Amen to the comment about TSO. However, I'm a little bit bigger fan of Manheim Steamroller. * Looks at the few first run CD's of Steamroller's Fresh Aires he has from the middle Eighties. Well, his father's anyway.* Was kinda raised on it for a long time.....Classical Gas has to be my favorite album, however.

And, Vash, Amen to that. A lucky thing for humankind.

Ris
19 December 2004, 10:39 AM
Amen, Vash & Slavan. Tho' with me it counts as literally "preaching to the choir." :) Last Sunday I was singing in our Carols & Lessons service, then there's the Christmas Eve services. I sing with the choir in the later service. Plus there's the earlier family service & Nativity
We currently have in residence a goodly bit of the Nativity cast: 1 Wise Man (Big Bro' Sith Twin), an Angel (Sith Princess), & baby Jesus (SP's largest baby doll)
Blessings of the season to all, Rissy :marajade:

PS to Slavan & KS--loved the posts

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
23 December 2004, 04:35 PM
Soundwave Groovin (http://www.wilenkin.com/transformers/Video_player_06_content.html) :D :D :D

Gonna see what else is on the site...

Speaking of the same subject, Check this other clip out (http://bellsouthpwp.net/o/w/owen2863/pic/eurcncs185030.mpeg)

Lol....

Slavan K. Guiser
24 December 2004, 06:05 AM
First Link: Whoa. Tha'ts sweet. I mean it. Just. Plain. Awesome. I'd love to see a high-res version of that. I guess I'm a little bit biased though. I've very thoroughly loved Soundwave since I got my fist figure wayyy back in the Eighties.

Second Link: Yeah, I've seen that floating around for about 3 weeks now. All I have to say is that I've wanted a Citroen ever since.

Ris: Good luck in this Evening's performances. Also, I find it very entertaining that the "Sith Princess" happens to be playing an Angel.

Ris
24 December 2004, 08:58 AM
Slavan--she (& our son) can be very sweet. Dono's seen her in "Sweetness & Light" mode. I guess she's just like every other female towards our fave Jedi rorouni.

Merry Christmas & any other holiday you can think of, from Saturnalia to Labor Day to What-ever-the-Heck-they-were-Supposed-to-be-celebrating-in-the-SW-Holiday-Special

Rissy :marajade: & family

dragonseye
24 December 2004, 07:25 PM
Happy Holidays everyone. :D

My post shall come up sometime next week or so. Hubby has had the week off, so we've been gone much of the time.

Ris,

I hope the Sith Twins have a good time in the nativity scene. And hopefully nothing too sithy will explode out of them.

Terras,

Those are some great animations. My hubby's even spoken to the the 3d modellers for the TF one before during his many jaunts on TF websites. :)

Slavan K. Guiser
24 December 2004, 08:42 PM
Fröhliche Weihnachten und Frohes Fest zum Alles!

As they are so apt to say in these Holiday Times: Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night!

Slavan

Donovan Morningfire
25 December 2004, 04:53 AM
A very Merry Christmas to everyone! May your yuletide goody hauls be large and lucrative :D

Ris,
Any chance you got pictures of the Sith Twins in the nativity scene? Part has to see that to believe it. ;) :D

dragonseye,
Glad to hear that you and your hubby got to spend some quality time together (at least one married couple has gotten that chance this holiday season) ;)

Ris
25 December 2004, 07:28 AM
Just had to get away from toy-chaos & Barbie DVD (no-offense, Dono) in living room for a couple minutes...

Typical (post-church) Christmas Eve nite & Xmas Morning here:
12/24@2015: for the 1st time since their births, kids decide to try & see if Santa really does come faster if you go to bed early
2030: Princess catches Mommy drinking Santa's milk--believes that Mommy is bubble-brained enough to pick up the wrong glass & goes back to bed
2035: Daddy chases 1st-Born Son back to bed
2100-2230: Santa Wuz Here
12/25@0220: Sith Princess asks if she can open presents--sent back to bed
0500-0630: repeated queries from Sith Twins
0640: Mom & Dad drag themselves out of bed. Unwrapping frezy begins! Lots of Barbie, SW, cars, SW...& DVD's--thanks for the latter, Dono!

Re: Nativity--yes, they decided to act like padawans for once. 8o We didn't take any pictures ourselves. This was during a service & we didn't want to distract or detract. Pics were taken by others tho', so I should be able to get some

I've damaged fingers from getting toys out of those @#$%^ ultra-heavy-duty-twist-ties they use to keep them positioned in the boxes! (The Death Star (1 & 2) plans weren't that well-secured!) And DVD-security is getting ludicrous. You know the little seal-tape that goes along the top of a DVD or game-CD? When Princess decided to watch the Barbie DVD from Master Dono, she asked me to help her get it off. Omniscient Mommy that I am, I found the miniscule "Pull here" tab & got results. I found myself holding the plastic sleeve that protects the paper case-label in one hand & the label & DVD case in the other. The little security-tape was still sealing the DVD case. :?

Dragonseye--I'm also glad you & Your Hubby had so much time together--since Moi & Moi's Hubby didn't. He's only got today & tomorrow off--1st day's off in like 2 weeks. And the kids really got a kick out of the e-card you sent

Well, time for me to go back to bed...

Malkarris
25 December 2004, 10:02 AM
Merry Christmas or any other winter holiday if you celibrate them. Though that's a bit late for some.

Hum, your time schedule sounds like shades of Christmas past for me, Ris, though from the other point of view of course. Except no Barbies and no church.

Here my parents actually woke up before I did. Strange role reversal there. But much fun was had be all.

Now I have to go back to sleep. I hope everyone has a peaceful rest of the day. Hapy New Year.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
25 December 2004, 12:04 PM
We had a nice christmas evening at the farm. Me, mom, Baba (ukranian for grandma), my cousin and her husband and one of his teen kids from a previous marraige.

I brought over a bottle of Japanese Plum Wine. (sweet desert wine, kinda like a sherry or icewine) Some several weeks before I took baba to the liquor store so she could do her shopping and got her to buy a 250ml bottle of Lakeview IceWine... pricey but yummy stuff that tastes like sweet concord grapes. Had also some rasberry ziffandel(sp?). a 26oz bottle os Wiser's whiskey remained untouched to my surprise. However, we did dip into a bottle of Taffel Akvavit (pronounced aquaviet) a danish drink made from caraway seeds thats 42% proof :D

Plenty of laughs.

but xmas and over for us yet. Jan 6th is ukranian xmas eve, will be supper, then next day dinner. there will be the 12 traditional perogie dishes - yep, 12 different types! baba's cousins will be comin over and those two brothers are like Wayne and Shooster. its gonna be a real hoot! :D

Pure Beet Borscht, cooked wheat, cabbage rolls, stewed fruit, all the traditional dishes... had lots last night and more on the 6th & 7th ;)

mostly got a bit of spending money and a logitech 8 button optical mouse - mx500, which nicely replaced my older 4 button wheel mouse. Both are the corded usb types. no worries about needing recharging or runnin out of juice durring a game!

on a note about those dvd securities.... lots of dvds i've bought now have that stupid tape on all 3 sides!!!! Quickest way is to take a knife and cut it in the middle... HOwever, I prefer to take the painfully slow route and remove the tape without any sign of it being on there... I use a pocket knife, with its small point, gently put it under the tape edge, and lift slightly, and over to both sides, making sure not to damage, stretch or lift the clear cover... I do this for the whole length of the tape, and is real tedious when theres 3 sides to do. But the end results is a perfectly unscathed dvd case ;)

Slavan K. Guiser
25 December 2004, 12:11 PM
*Yawns.* Dang, just got up again. For the third time today. Ugh.......little sisters don't have any ability to sleep past 6.30 most holidays. Note to self, plan on putting Tranqs in own kids' hot chocolate on Christmas Eve. In other news, another Christmas come and gone, and once again, more swag is here. Now, off to play KOTOR II.

Donovan Morningfire
25 December 2004, 03:36 PM
Well, from the sounds of things, everyone's had a good haul this year.

I thought you might like that particular set of DVDs Ris. Always willing to help out a fellow Smallville fan :D

Just got back from Christmas dinner w/ the folks. Nothing fancy or extravagent, just a quiet, sit-down dinner. And got to watch Return of the King EE ... hard to believe the movie is now over 4 hours long, but it's still so worth it. Once again seemless integration of the new footage with the existing movie, and for the most part it truly added to the movie's enjoyment factor. And goes to show you should never get into a drinking game with an elf ;)

Vanger Chevane
25 December 2004, 08:54 PM
Not much out of the ordinary this year.

CD & Book I almost bought for myself, a wee Ivy for my coffee table (I have a silicon thumb! I grow computers and have successfully managed to unintentionally kill a cactus before)...

And from my brother, like 15 jars of prepack sauce/marinade & pepper-oil.

Is this a hint?!? :P

Slavan K. Guiser
27 December 2004, 01:14 PM
Hehe, Vanger....I totally understand on the entire Cactus-killing problem. Surprisingly, they are actually quite hard to care for sometimes, because some cactuses require a _very_ delicate balance of water. Although I somehow manage to grow a successful garden most years (kinda difficult with some items in this semi-arid climate), I, too, have managed to kill a cactus. From overwatering actually.

Pepper-oil? Sounds incredibly tasty. The weirdest Item I managed to receive over this holiday month has got to have been the Pepper Jelly. Made with Green peppers, it's got a slight peppery taste mixed with a sweet sugary bit. Very Very interesting, and pretty darn good, too. I've been thinking about making either Taco Salad with it, or putting it in with Ranch Dip for a little zest.

Vanger Chevane
27 December 2004, 01:25 PM
Well, the oil will probly help add some fire to the spicy batches, you be amazed how much dies out during drying.

The Xmas Batch of Chewies was incredibly popular, as expected. Just hafta get round to the roast in my freezer sometime this week...and pick a jar to play with, maybe.

Donovan Morningfire
27 December 2004, 03:11 PM
Lest I forget,
Happy Birthday Lokar!

And Vanger, let me know when you make another batch of jerky.

KnightStalker
27 December 2004, 05:24 PM
An entire week has now passed since I posted (somebody's running out of time on their post now {dragonseye}) and I've only seen 3 people comment on my post, Ris, here in the thread (thanks for enjoying it, at least somebody around here liked my work), and IMs from both Terras and Vanger.

Donovan Morningfire
28 December 2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by KnightStalker
An entire week has now passed since I posted (somebody's running out of time on their post now {dragonseye}) and I've only seen 3 people comment on my post, Ris, here in the thread (thanks for enjoying it, at least somebody around here liked my work), and IMs from both Terras and Vanger.
Well, given that we've all had Christmas on our minds as well as dreams and hopes of the goodies we were to receive, your post, as good as it was, had to face off against some pretty stiff competition.

BTW dragonseye, given the hecticness of holidays, you've got an extra week to get your post in. Consider it a belated Christmas bonus from the Management :D

Vanger Chevane
28 December 2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Donovan Morningfire
Lest I forget,
Happy Birthday Lokar!

And Vanger, let me know when you make another batch of jerky.
Happy Bday Lokar.

Dono - bout a week after I defrost the roast, which will probly be Fri/Sat sometime. Got what's sposed to be a good Russian Ale for it.

dragonseye
29 December 2004, 08:13 AM
Wah, Lokar, it was your B-Day... and I completely missed it. Sorry about that. Happy B-Day! :D

Dono,

Thanks for the week extension. I've an idea on what to do, I just need to write it out. :D Oi, it's giving me nightmares just thinking about it. :P

Slaven and Knightstalker,

Great posts from the both of you. :D He he, now I must complete my plot to torture- I mean be scared by the BTE... ;)

Ris
29 December 2004, 05:35 PM
Lokar, Moi missed it too! Will Moi ever forgive herself?
Well, I hope it was wonderful.

Dragonseye, you can't torture the BTE--you've still got to finish torturing the Narrator!

Malkarris
29 December 2004, 11:33 PM
Sorry I missed you birthday. So a very merry unbirthday to you instead. Hopefully you know Lewis Carroll.

Hum, that jerky sounds pretty good.

And that was a good post KnightStalker. Speaking of posts, my inspiration has finally kicked in. Hope you don't mind if I borrow your character Dono. i promise to return him unharmed. Mostly.

Slavan K. Guiser
30 December 2004, 01:20 PM
Malkarris......that was pretty funny. I think you should get a place in the race just for that post. Giant Cotton Swabs, heh.

As for you Lokar, Happy Incredulously Late Birthday.

Vengar, Two Words. Or a Word and a Sound. Mmmmmmm......Jerky.

Donovan Morningfire
31 December 2004, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Malkarris
Hope you don't mind if I borrow your character Dono. i promise to return him unharmed. Mostly.

Oro?

Just read your post Malk. No problem whatsoever.

In case I don't get to say it later, I hope everyone has a Happily Insane (and Safe*) New Year!

*Yeah, yeah, I know that Insane and Safe tend to be two mutually exclusive terms, but go with me on this one, okay? ;)

Slavan K. Guiser
1 January 2005, 12:51 AM
Happy Incoming Time-period of Roughly 365 days! May all be better, and might all one's resolution stick firm and your goals be fulfilled.

My resolution? To keep the insanity high, the Bubbly flowing, and the bar entertaining over and over again.

Vanger Chevane
1 January 2005, 09:32 PM

Oro?

Just read your post Malk. No problem whatsoever.

In case I don't get to say it later, I hope everyone has a Happily Insane (and Safe*) New Year!

*Yeah, yeah, I know that Insane and Safe tend to be two mutually exclusive terms, but go with me on this one, okay? ;)
Not necessarily. EOD techs are by definition both very safe and insane. ;)

There's also the padded/rubber room & the canvas jacket with the tie-in-the-back sleeves for the Safely Insane. :P

Ris
1 January 2005, 10:07 PM
*Atypically naive tone & expresssion> I thought Safely Insane meant "you sit at your computer & write posts to the NNTBS' latest OOC & IC threads." Bu tI think that might be hard to do if you've got your sleeves tied behind you. Why'd anyone do that anyways?

Speaking of insane, I think we're getting worse at my place. We bought the kids the Ewoks DVD. I should watch it, might get inspiration for my next post.
Rissy:marajade:

PS to Malk: be really careful about damaging Dono. It'll annoy Force-Spirit Rissy no end. She thinks she's the only one allowed to fold & spindle Morningfire.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 January 2005, 12:55 PM
Lol, don'cha know Ris, thats what eyes in the back of yer head are for, mind you might be a bit tough brushing the hair aside? :P

Whoops, I think I just had a Kelvin moment... :P

Btw, its the Wookie's annual "Happy Life Day" in regards to your sig Ris ;) - featured in the Starwars Christmas Special :D

Slavan K. Guiser
5 January 2005, 07:10 PM
Well, on a completely random note of randomness, has anybody here seen the movie "Equilibrium?" While I didn't too terribly like the story a whole heckuva lot due to the fact that it was almost completely predictable in most aspects, and a little bit stiff and forced at times, the gun fighting was absolutely freakin' incredible. If Neo had the training of a Grammaton Cleric, the burly brawl would've been an absolute cakewalk. Not everyday you watch gun combat that could make even the Wachowski Brothers stare in awe........Speaking of the Wachowski Brothers, anyone else get ahold of the Super Happy Matrix Trilogy 10-Disc edition? Well, I recommend picking it up. Sa-weet-ness.

dragonseye
6 January 2005, 07:28 AM
Oi, so we got snow the night before last, and then we got more snow yesterday, then more snow last night, and yup, it's still snowing a little bit right now. 8o We're supposed to have had upwards of 12" of snow; the most snow I can remember us getting in years. I'll take some pictures when I go get mail today (waiting for the management to send over plowers first. I had a heck of a time helping the hubby getting out of the garage, I don't feel liek having wet feet again.)

In other news, still working on my post

Oh, and if any of you are looking to get into Last Exile (and several other Geneon titles including Gungrave,) Best Buy is doing a sale on some of the DVD's- $10 off thier price. I got Volumes 4 and 5 for only $15 and $12 USD. I think Media Play is also doing sales on various anime dvd's (volume 3 of Last Exile was only $22 there this past week.) And if any of you are into Range Murata, animebooks.com is selling his Spheres 1, 2 and Plus doujinshi at reasonable prices.

Slaven,

Yup, a friend brought Equillibrium over to watch it with us. Deffinitely a good movie. Personally, I found it a great deal more enjoyable than the Matrix movies were (especially the last two.) The story was much better written to me. And I know one thing, I'm not at all worried about Christian Bale playing Batman or Bruce Wane in the new movie coming out this summer.

Ris
6 January 2005, 08:45 AM
Dragonseye, Glad to hear it's not over your head up there.** Having heard the weather reports, I wuas a bit worried about you 2. Must bop over to weather.com & see if Dono is buried.
In Buying News, Mini-padawans (aka Sith Twins) were happily using up their Toys R Us gift cards last weekend. Princess picked up a couple of My Little Ponies at a 2 for 1 sale there. Maybe the special is on in your area, Dragonseye. They also bought everything from Hot Wheels to bubble liquid to Gummy Pizzas & Breakfasts candy.

**Notice: To avoid being suspended from the Holonet on charges of "Making RPG'ers Who Live Up North Miserable," I'll refrain from describing the weather here.:D

Slavan K. Guiser
6 January 2005, 03:10 PM
Yeah yeah Ris.....some of us tend to enjoy the wintery whiteness thank you. Especially when it involves inner tubes and absolutely steep hills. It makes for happiness. And a wet rear end if one isn't careful.

Anyway, mucho seconds on the receiving snow Dragonseye. We've managed to accumulate nearly an inch a day for the past week, save last Friday and Saturday, which dumped nearly 9 inches as well. However, it's this weekend that's going to be interesting. According to our local branch of the National Weather Service, there is a severe weather storm watch with predictions of snow falls anywhere between 16 and 30 inches in the next three days. Sadly, they are warning to keep stocks as the storm will disrupt transit for close to a week. Fun Fun Fun! And the sledding. And winter camping for those of us crazy enough to dig snow caves.

dragonseye
7 January 2005, 11:35 AM
Alright, my post is up. And remember, you guys ask me to continue posting... :P

Ris,

Well, I dunno if you give the kiddies stuff for Valentines Day, but Target's got two exclusive ponies for Valentines Day for sale. They're really cute and not badly priced (only $4.99.) They're also going to have Exclusive Easter ponies again this year- they each come with little bunny ear headbands. I haven't had a chance to go to Toys R Us, but I think the sale was supposed to be going on around here as well.

Slaven,

Yup, can't agree more. I really enjoy winter though my hubby doesn't like it much at all. But blast these silly cornfields. We don't have any really good hills to go sledding on and there's no way I'm strapping boards to my feet and going sking... I spent more time in the snow than standing last time I did it. :D

Welp, it's the Hubby's B-day this weekend, so that's it from me this week. I probably won't be around much at all till Teusday.

Vanger Chevane
7 January 2005, 02:03 PM
But blast these silly cornfields. We don't have any really good hills to go sledding on and there's no way I'm strapping boards to my feet and going sking...

You haven't heard of one of the more interesting winter pastimes round here yet?

All you need is a sizable inner tube, 20+ feet of rope, a 4WD vehicle w/pilot, and a healthy dollop of fearlessness. :P

ManFaye?!?? It's a regular at AX, which reminds me KS & I need to acquire some Flypaper Sheets for the Ultimate ManFaye Deterrent/Defense before we ship out for Robocon20 (great idea Mav!). ;)

dragonseye
7 January 2005, 07:27 PM
Vanger,

Yup, we've got that to some extent, but I've broen limbs before on less reckless activities like walking and stepping out of a kiddie swimming pool when I was in kindergarten. so me + and innertube + a 4-wheeler would inevitably = to me going to the hospital. I jsut have that kind of luck. But innertubes are deffinitely the best sledding device in existence.

I'm gonna try to make it to ACEN this year. It all depends on if we get roped into other things like last year. So at the least I should get to see Sailor Bubba. I have to say, I do respect Man Faye's guts and determination to go out in public. It's still scary and hilarious to see pictures of him, but I must say I wouldn't be brave enough to wear those outfits in public. And I have a figure that could show them off for the most part- I just hate getting that sort of attention from people I don't know or care to know.

See all of you later. :D

Donovan Morningfire
8 January 2005, 10:29 AM
*pops head out of snowbank* Oro?

Funny how one day there's nothing (last night), and then this morning there's a ton of white stuff. Too bad there aren't any good places to go sledding or what have you within reasonable walking distance.

Well, some people like the snow, and while at times I don't mind the snow in and of itself, it's the numbskulls that forget how to drive in the stuff that really make me dislike the "great" Northeast. Though I do confess to getting a chuckle at seeing the twerps in the 4x4 trucks that speed past on dangerous roads only to end up plowed into a snowbank a quarter mile up the road.

Speaking of Target, the local one had a few Star Wars Clone Wars "inaction figures" based on the Cartoon Network series. All they had left was an Anakin, an Obi-Wan (neither really struck my fancy) and a couple ARC Troopers (which I did buy, along with an Ultimates Darth Vader).

Ris
8 January 2005, 11:04 AM
Slavan, I do love snow, I love it when it snows here in Florida.

Dono, I think the ARC Troopers are mega-cool, have since I saw the first CW cartoons. I want to pick up 1 or 2 of those.

Dragonseye, thanks for the MLP tips. Yes those would be excellent little gifts for Sith Princess.

Slavan K. Guiser
9 January 2005, 04:58 PM
Hehe....funny you mention APC troopers.....I'm just currently getting around to reading "SW Republic Commando: Hard Contact." I'm not too terribly far into it. It's not anything deep or vibrating in literature terms, but I've found it interesting enough to tide my insatiable reading habits as of late. I'd recommend reading it.

Vanger: Yup. Been there, done that. The police around here don't like it too terribly when you do it along the residential roads, but that's to be expected. Thank heavens for our family Suburban keeping the streets entertaining. And not too mention the fairly good sledding hills on our resident dump-turned-park.

Ris
9 January 2005, 06:56 PM
Hey, Dono-da-GM! Is it my turn now? And hold the "Oro?" please. (Close friendship should have some priviledges;) )

Slavan, that book is on my To-read list. I just finished Medstar 2: Jedi Healer. It's not as good as Medstar 1: Battle Surgeons, alas. It's still a Good Read, just hard to top the 1st of the pair. It's also got it's moments. Including this bit of Xenobiology Trivia: It's no coincidence that "LUST" is in the middle of "Sollustan" (the species of Lando's co-pilot in ROTJ)!8o

Malkarris
12 January 2005, 11:32 PM
Hmmm. That brings up very strange pictures of Lando and Nium, or whatever his name was, walking down the street dressed to kill, with a giggling female of a preferred species on each arm.

:shudders Weird.:

I agree about Hard Contact being pretty good, not a deep book, but good enough to read while waiting in line or whenever you need to kill time.

Oh and in case you haven't seen it, you have to take a look at this. (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=16999) Now I just need to convert it into D6 and I'm good to go. Maybe we should invite him in. He seems insane enough.

Slavan K. Guiser
15 January 2005, 10:32 AM
Malkarris. That is freakin' hilarious. When you get those converted over to D6, you _have_ to send me a copy. We just barely started a new D6 campaign in my group, and I would LOVE to use these stats for one of my characters.

On other things, how many here have seen Napolean Dynamite? I got the movie for Christmas and was kinda dubious about it until I watched it. It's pretty darn funny. It's even funnier considering I live only about two hours away from where it was filmed, and having spent time there for family reunions, it's a very accurate and funny portrayal of the area. If you haven't watched it, I'd suggest going out and renting it. It's kinda awkward, but I quite enjoyed it and have been quoting it rather often lately. I mean, i've got a friend who resembles Napolean even down to how he dances........Funny Stuff. Go rent it.

Malkarris
15 January 2005, 05:57 PM
Oops, forgot to ask if it was alright with the creator first, but I'll start in on it if he says it's okay. Shouldn't take too long.

Haven't seen the film, but I'll take a look into it.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
16 January 2005, 12:21 AM
Hey, speaking of good SW humor..... came across this little parody pic The Model Nodes (http://swvault.ign.com/screenshots/?ss=310&page=1&cat=9) Enjoy :D :D :D

KnightStalker
16 January 2005, 02:38 PM
http://www.rt-ma.org/forums/html/emoticons/lolabove.gif That's pretty good, Terras, I'll have to look thru the other pics there. http://www.rt-ma.org/forums/html/emoticons/rasp.gif

dragonseye
17 January 2005, 08:03 AM
Grrr, well, we are now carless thanks to a woman with a dodge caravan slamming into my hubby while he was parked at a turn lane less than a mile from our home Friday night and slamming him into the woman in front of him and her dodge caravan. Hubby got through it safely, but the front and rear end of our car is smashed in cheese. We're pretty sure the insurance companies are going to total our car since it was a '94, especially since there was damage to the radiator and gas tank along with the body damage.

We're probably going to get a Saturn Ion sedan. But we're gonna wait until we know what we're getting back through the insurance company. we're also waiting on a rental car since our insurance doesn't cover it, but the lat fault woman's insurance should be able to handle that. Thankfully, my Hubby works at the same place as our room mate, so he's been able to get a ride to work without any problems.

Terras,

Now that is just plain wrong. :D

Vanger Chevane
17 January 2005, 09:25 AM
That really sucks! Unfortunately more ppl are forgetting how to properly drive while the eat, phone, etc. behind the wheel. Apparently Driving is no longer a skill to take pride in, it's a magic process that handles itself while you find some distraction for the boring trip tween here & there.

It also seems that ppl with some of the largest cars actually have the least ability & believe that they can just bull their way through traffic with that Huttmobile.

Unfortunately, the clumsy morons cause my insurance rates to go up despite a perfectly clean driving record for many a year.

We need to start instituting weight restrictions based on driver ability.

DMV: "Well, you haven't had any accidents or tickets in 5 years, are clearly a very safe & conscientious driver, so you can get whatever you want short of a bus."

"Eighty-Seven."

"Hmmm, several tickets, 2 accidents, documented case of Road Rage, and a DWAI. Heard of the Ford Festiva? It's that or a Moped."

:P

Slavan K. Guiser
17 January 2005, 11:39 AM
Dragonseye: That's terrible. I hope you manage to get things worked out quickly, because not having a vehicle royally sucks. I'm currently doing that a little bit too. However, mine's just some problems with the carburetor, and just needs some time where I can get out and fix it. As I said, I hope things get taken care of through your insurance quickly. It can be quite a hassle sometimes.

Vanger: AMEN! Ugh. I hate being in that lovely 16-24 year olld male driver category. Had any accidents? No. Any speeding tickets? No. Been driving close on to five years? Yes. Still getting totally hosed by my car insurance because it seems everyone else can't drive around me? OH YEAH. *Sigh.* I'm really glad I don't drive one of those larger vehicles though. I'm plenty happy with my 30-35 mpg Honda Civic. Sure, she may be over 20 years old, but dang, she _usually_ still runs just fine.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
17 January 2005, 12:54 PM
Oy, I feel for you dragonseye ;)

I despise cell phones the worst. can't begin to count on how many near misses I've had due to other drivers yammerin away on it while behind the wheel...

You know its bad when ya nearly get hit turning left through an intersection on the green and nearly get hit from a vehicle coming from the right (on their cell of course) and totaly didnt see the red light. That or gettting it from behind when you suddenly need to slow down due to traffic ahead of you...

Once had a Hyundai ellantra. nice litle car when it worked, which was probably the weeks inbetween when it wasnt in the hyundai garage every month. Then some lady in a GMC / Geo Tracker mini jeep rear ended it. car's truck was crushed, and hardly a scratch on the jeep's front end. driver was yammerin on the cell phone... and man did i have a whiplash from it...

But honestly, since that point on, I aint ever drivin anything smaller than a Half ton truck (with a 4.3L v6 engine of course). The larger/ heavier the vehicle you drive, the safer you are these days (absorbs more of the impact). I'm pretty sure I mentioned earlier this summer about getting sideswipped by a car and the truck being a possible write-off from the bit of denting damage... My point being - the truck only rocked a little bit from the impact. No whiplashes...

If your looking at another vehicle, I heavily suggest a GMC / Chev 1/2 ton truck, or even a Jeep Wrangler or Liberty. The Jeeps are built heavy and rock solid for their smaller size, and the good ones come with a 4.0L Inline-6 or V6 cylinder engines and all have 4x4 wheel drive (which is real handy for the winter, a co worker i once knew had one and rode in it lots of times)

Jeep Wrangler (http://www.jeep.com/wrangler/)

Jeep Liberty (http://www.jeep.com/liberty/)

I've been pondering about getting one myself for my bext vehicle. would be the Wrangler style though.

dragonseye
19 January 2005, 07:53 AM
Hmm, well, we're supposed to have the settlement by the end of the week (that's so much faster than I ever expected it tobe.) So the hubby and I are going car shopping on Friday and filling out paperwork to find out what sort of loan we qualify for. Thankfully, I know we have really good credit history, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I went to clean out our car of our posessiions on Monday. Man, I couldn't believe the amount of damage done to our poor car. The front end was smooshed about a foot in while the rear end was smooshed nearly six inches. Along with that, the center console was pushed out almost two inches and the when I cleaned out the glove compartment, I discovered it smooshed to about half of it's thickness. I'm so glad the hubby got through the accident with just a minorly bruised knee and a sore neck. It could of been so much worse.

Hubby was also told by the police officer in charge of the paper work that the woman who caused the accident got four citations. They include one for using a cell phone, another for speeding, a third for reckless endangerment, and a final one for one of her kids not wearing a seat belt.

Terras,

Well, I think we're going to stick with Saturn. I'm really pleased with how well they hold up and the fact that they are so inexpensive to repair. That, and their insurance is really inexpensive (especially since we're both over 25, we no longer get hit by the higher fees.)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
19 January 2005, 11:41 AM
sore neck ... thats whiplash :( had one too many of those.... its debatable whether chriropractherapy remedies it or not imho... depends how much stiffness in the neck muscles there is or seems to go away...

yer husband's incredibly lucky considering the description of yer former car ;)

Donovan Morningfire
19 January 2005, 03:00 PM
Dragonseye,
I'm glad to hear the dingbat lady's insurance isn't jerking you around. Although I guess that waits to be seen until Friday.

And why am I not surprised she was yammering away on a cell phone. I'm so glad up here in NY that's a ticketable offense. Though as for driving, I'm not sure if they're worse than Canadian truck drivers. Cell phone dorks are inattentive, Canuck truckers barrel up and down the interstates regardless of weather or what's in front of them.

Vanger,
Too true on your comment about the skill of driving. I guess that's one reason I'm strongly in favor of mandatory re-testing when you get your license renewed every 4 years, regardless of age.

Slavan K. Guiser
19 January 2005, 03:24 PM
That's good that your husband's okay other than stiffness in the neck and a bruised knee, dragonseye. Rear-end collisions can have brutal and lasting effects. My father was involved in one and lost nearly 30% of the motion in his neck due to the whiplash. Of course, didn't help that the doctors at our local hospital looked at him and basically sent him home without any problems from it.

Anyway, good luck on finding a new car!

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
19 January 2005, 04:29 PM
Hey Donovan, does any of those truckers plates come from saskatchewan? white with light green lettering, 3 letters, space, then 3 numbers...

imho, some of the worst drivers in canada come from this provence. I should know, some days i just toss away the keys because i'm sick of driving through the city and almost always getting hit by one moron or another, half the times its because they're talking on cell phones, and other half is because they are people who its a miracle they've even received their drivers licences in the first place...

Now, here's a really stupid question and food for thought: if the better majority of people in this city / province are such lousy drivers, is it because they've gotten lousy, or is it because we've got lousy drivers who of some are also driver instructors and probably pass learners who are just as bad as them? ???

dragonseye
20 January 2005, 07:19 AM
Yeah, we're keeping an eye on his neck and back, along with his knee. Hubby didn't want to go a doctor at first (and the hospital they'd of sent him to is full of quacks anyhow, so they probably wouldn't of done anything good.) He went on Monday 'cause his knee was still bothering him, but they didn't find anything wrong beyond bruising. I'm still gonna watch it cause the place he went to is a bit untrustworthy to me. (After being stuck with a UTI for over a month and then getting yelled at by them 'cause I supposedly did something wrong when they never bothered testing the bacteria like their lab was supposed to, I don't trust the place.)

I've got some pictures of what used to be our car, I just need to upload them onto the computer. I'll post a front end image when I get them taken care of.

Hopefuly, our car shopping won't get delayed tomorrow. We're supposed to get hit by yet another snow storm tomorrow afternoon that's going to last throughFriday into Saturday morning. I'll let you know what sort of car we decide on then, but it's most likely going to be a Saturn. :)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
20 January 2005, 09:20 AM
Insurance can be a real pain & stickler if you say yer feelin fine now then it catches up to you a month or two later then yer screwed since they wont cover it by saying its from something else :P

Best of luck to you - on both your husband's knee & neck, as well as picking out a vehicle you'll be happy with (and hope its reliable for ya ) ;)

As long as you both pick / deciide on a vehicle that does make ya happy, then thats what counts in the end :)

Slavan K. Guiser
20 January 2005, 11:32 AM
Dragonseye: Yup. Good luck. And I honestly would like to see the pictures. Saturns are pretty hearty vehicles, so it's surprising to see such damage done to them.

Terras: As to your question, I've thought about it. I have to agree whole-heartedly. I managed to get one of the laziest testers in our area. He often slept on early morning drives (of course, he wore shades so no one could tell......) and often there was some _really_ scary stuff going on while he slept. LIke going the wrong way down one way streets, blowing red lights....as long as no one in the car freaked out, I watched people get away with stupid stuff. Needless to say, I almost always did freak out, because I HATE stupid teen drivers. Bad driver's tester pass bad drivers which causes bad insurance rates.

Vanger Chevane
20 January 2005, 02:22 PM
It can also be a lack in the testing specs themselves.

Here a lot of Driver's Tests are effectively a trip around the block, in a semi-residential area. (How hard is it to go round the local strip mall?)

There's also a serious lack of decent info being passed on either formally or informally. I deal with far too many idjits who's attention is focused about 6 feet in front of their bumper, instead of developing the ability to not only watch what's right in front of you, but several cars ahead & a bit to the side so you can anticipate problems and avoid them instead of cutting off someone in the next lane as they saw the stall 30 seconds ago & had time to make a safe lane change.

Then there's the Nascar fans who'll hang back a bit in the next lane over, but the moment you signal and try to move over they floor it to keep you out of <i>their</i> Empty Chunk of Road. More than once I've had to cut these horn-pounding morons off to give them the hint that Charging me for simply changing lanes, especially when I'm going faster than they are, is amazingly rude and stupid & I or someone else will reward them for "owning the road" by letting them pay to fix my car and theirs.

I'm also very mercenary about twits who refuse to signal before changing lanes. You don't let me know you want over, I'm in no way obliged to give it to you. I do make an extra effort to let someone in who does signal, but it seems bout half the time they also seem to be the same people who make the infamous 2 or 3-lane turns, rocketing across the enitre road as they didn't bother to plan on getting in the proper lane for the turn until about a second ago, but sure plan on turning Right Now as if they were in the lane for it. They're far too
important to admit they made a mistake and go around the block like those Mere Mortals in the other cars.

Fortunately the State Patrol is starting to impress upon the numbskulls that the left side of the road is the Go Fast Lane. Hopefully the local PDs will catch onto this concept (stated both in Law & the long-forgotten Driver's Manual) and start ticketing the twits who'll plod along at 10MpH or more under the speed limit as they're gonna turn left in a few miles...I get so frustrated with morons who plod 2, 3, or even 4 abreast down the road while everyone stacks up behind them.

I swear we need to start mounting Gun-Cameras into cars so those with lousy behavior will have to face their own stupidity. Like when it comes time to renew the plates or license.

Morons who're forced to spend several hours watching highlights of their idiotic driving habits should have an interest on amending their behavior before next time. :D

Slavan K. Guiser
20 January 2005, 03:02 PM
Oh my god, Vanger. That sounds EXACTLY like driving up here. Man, I guess the driving idiots need to really be taken out. Of course, I'll be man enough to admit, I sometimes pull some of those mistakes, especially if I'm driving in an unfamiliar place. Of course, it's usually somewhere in Salt Lake City, and darn those stupid Idahoans! Never driven in a big city! Oh well. Of course, those times I feel like an idiot for not noticing that I needed to get off ahead of that time. I think everyone does it every once in a while. It just matters on whether its just an accident without realizing rather than blatant repeating stupidity. Which often happens a lot. Sometimes I really wish I were driving an AT-AT and could just stomp on those idiots.......

Vanger Chevane
20 January 2005, 04:48 PM
Well, down in Colorado Springs there is, or at least was, one Air Force guy who bought & drives a Fox Armored Scout Car.

Can't tell me that thing doesn't demand respect on the road. :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
20 January 2005, 07:10 PM
Hey all, just got home... speak of Vader himself as the topic we're discusing...

i'll just copy'n'paste what i just told Vanger over Yahoo messenger...

Session Start (lot_c_jadesfire:iamvanger): Thu Jan 20 20:52:58 2005
[20:53] lot_c_jadesfire: heya
[20:53] iamvanger: Heyo.
[20:53] lot_c_jadesfire: just read yer post in the nntbs ooc.... speakign of which, just an hour ago on the way back home, had to stop at the home depot for the sidewalk de-icers....
[20:54] iamvanger: ;)
[20:54] iamvanger: BRB
[21:19] iamvanger: BAck. Now you can finish the story. :P
[21:19] lot_c_jadesfire: on the way out of the home depot, was a bit slippery, truck tires lost the traction as it was a green light to go, finally the truck starts crawling just as the yellow light comes 'round. theres still several feet from infront of the truck to the curb so i gently brake instead, opting to wait it out rather than running the red light (making a left hand turn with it across a 3 lane street) and have some dork broadside me for jumping their red light or slamming it as it turns green... Well, to make a long story short, the twit behind me thought i was gonna press on through the now yellow that'll turn red in the next couple seconds light and rear-ends me as he realized tooo late that i was already braking...
[21:20] lot_c_jadesfire: sofar i can only see a bit of a scratch or two on the bumper...
[21:20] lot_c_jadesfire: but the guy's front end - plastic front and metal hood was cracked and bent a bit
[21:21] iamvanger: LOL You've at least 2 working brake lights right?
[21:22] iamvanger: Had to run out & double-check?
[21:23] lot_c_jadesfire: yup, hardly a scratch on it from what i can see, since its matt black paint on it,
[21:23] lot_c_jadesfire: will see better tomorow
[21:23] lot_c_jadesfire: car's front end was somewhat lower than our back bumper
[21:23] iamvanger: Yer brake lights work, right?
[21:24] lot_c_jadesfire: should
[21:24] lot_c_jadesfire: yes, they do, before we were hit
[21:24] iamvanger: WTF was his attention then? Can't miss big, bright red lights right in front of ya without trying...
[21:26] iamvanger: Slavan oughta get a chuckle out of my reply to him, or ask "Where can I find a slightly used Fox Scout Car for cheap?" :P
[21:32] lot_c_jadesfire: lol
[21:33] lot_c_jadesfire: dunno about the dork though, but early winter he already did $1700 dmg to his car
[21:33] iamvanger: :D
[21:34] iamvanger: Brilliant. Somebody probly shouldn't be allowed loose in the road with more than a bicycle.
[21:38] lot_c_jadesfire: bicycle? i'd still pitty the unsuspecting pedestrian
[21:42] iamvanger: Least the most damage he could do there is to himself.
[21:47] lot_c_jadesfire: yeah...
[21:47] lot_c_jadesfire: still dont understand why people think winter driving is like summer...
[21:48] iamvanger: Maybe their brains freeze up form the cold. :P
[21:48] lot_c_jadesfire: since i was still several feet from the curb when the light already turned yellow, it would have been stupid to venture past the curb as it would have then be a red light...
[21:50] iamvanger: ;)
[21:50] iamvanger: And some leadfooted moron might be around the corner too. :P

[21:52] lot_c_jadesfire: yup, actually there was a leadfooted moron in a ford half ton that jackrabbited past me on the was to the home depot.... right lane... soon as light turned green, that truck from a stand still and tore off.... didnt cross over 2 lanes til 3 lights down...
[21:53] lot_c_jadesfire: road had a bunch of that caked sand & snow half frozen hal slush
[21:53] iamvanger: Brilliant.
[21:53] lot_c_jadesfire: so his truck did weave a bit as he tore off....
[21:55] iamvanger: Burnouts & such like that are a ticketable offense here. IIRC Display of Excessive Power or something like that.

btw, a friend over the phone was telling me that for those saturns, under their plastic outer frames, are steel re-inforced, and have a sturdy frame through-out the car... they just got a saturn "compact" car recently...

lol, maybe i'm just old school and prefer metal bodies and full metal bumpers, specially the back bumper... I'll probably keep my preferances to GMC / Chev 1/2 & 3/4 ton trucks and Jeep Wranglers ;) (and Hummers, the original H1 designs of course, but unless of a huge windfall happens, is just pipedream)

Vash Knives
21 January 2005, 02:25 AM
Personnally, when I dream, I dream of having an International CT-that thing is bigger than a hummer. It also looks like a semi mated with a pickup truck.

Slavan K. Guiser
21 January 2005, 07:21 AM
*Chortles diabolically.* Amen Vash. The Internation CT is absolutely frickin' awesome. Makes the H2 (which I absolutely abhor!) look totally pansy. It's truly Super-duty. And so nice looking too.

Vanger Chevane
21 January 2005, 01:37 PM
The H2 is basically an up-priced Jeep, and ugly too. Least the H1 had a design that was originally quite robust, had the cachet of looking like a Real Man's Truck & presumably kept the amazingly-useful CTIS.

I do miss those chromed 10MpH bumpers. They gave the morons an obvious kloo of "Hit me and you will regret it". Now they're all wee 5MpH plastic-and-styrofoam things that're meant to be replaced after a hit (And cost a ton more than the old sheet-steel ones no less, least those you could hammer back into place if ya had to).

I wonder what kinda cashish it'd take for someone to build & install some Big Ol' Bumpers onto the Marauder & make it look good. :D

dragonseye
22 January 2005, 01:02 PM
(Digs a whole out of the completely burried garrage.) Well, we've finally gotten our new car. We went out and braved the crazy winter weather and picked it up- after signing away five years in payments of our money away... :P We ended up getting a slightly used 2004 Ion 2- keyless entry, cruise control, power windows and locks, and a cd player (finally, we can listen to cds in our car) along with an alarm system and a six warranty. Our payments are gonna be around 250 a month, so not too bad at all. Just means we'll have to cut back on a couple of frivolous things.

We had to borrow some money from a very close friend in order to bring the payment down a bit because the stupid insurance gits still haven't valued ort car. We got back yesterday and called them at about four pm only to learn they won't have our car's value until Monday after four pm. So the earliest we'll be able to get our money for it is on Teusday. We're expecting around 2500 for it, and the lady in the financing department is gonna hold onto the paper work for a couple days to give us a chance to get another chunk of money down on the car. That way our payments would be dropped another 20 dollars or so.

There's a picture from the dealer's website of the car we just purchased at the bottom of this post. I've still not gotten the picture of what used to be our old car uploaded. Not had the chance to do so yet.

I shall have snow pics for you, Ris. We've got some insane drifting of the snow now- some spots are completely clear but other spots are higher than my waist in snow. Also, Ris, now that was one hilarious post! I almost felt sorry for what I did to the BTE. :D

And Terras, yup. Saturn's are pretty sturdy cars so long's you don't have a speeding git slamming into your rear end and sandwiching you inbetween another minivan. They have crumple zone's built in them to protect the passengers as well as to try to minimize damage. My hubby just happened to be forced into going prolly over 30mph and slamming instantaneously into another car that really screwed it up. If there hadn't been anyone in front of him, I imagine the damage wouldn't of been that bad and they probably could of fixed it.

Ris
22 January 2005, 01:24 PM
Dragonseye, the car looks pretty good. We're going to have to get one soon. The old Escort is to the point where it really should be relegated to a back-up vehicle, and maybe a quick trip to the store once a week, just so nothing seizes up & Code Enforcement doesn't decide it's a non-working eyesore.
People shouldn't get me started on the Idiot drivers--I can tell you a lot about not only idiot drivers, but idiot perdestrians, bicyclists, and traffic engineering. All from a 2-wheeler's perspective. As a few of you know, for health, money-savings & other reasons, I bike to work. And i actually wear a helmet & stay in the far right hand lane. (In Florida bikes have to follow the traffic laws as if they're motor vehicles, including riding the proper direction on roads. we're also not supposed to be on the sidewalks--but there are places it's too dangerous not to ride one them.)

KnightStalker
23 January 2005, 02:22 PM
Hey there, fellow animaniacs ( :P ), are any of you planning on attending Anime Expo 2005 this July? If so, you might be interested to note that Robocon 20 will be going on for the fans of Robotech at the same time.

It's scheduled to run in conjunction with Anime Expo so attendees can go to both cons. However, to be able to attend all of the activites related to Robocon 20, you need to be a registered member of the official Robotech website (http://www.robotech.com) since arrangements were made for site members to all stay at the hotel that's playing host to Robocon 20.

I'm going, and I'm splitting a room with Vanger so it'll only cost us both $45/night to stay out there for a week.

AX 05/Robocon 20 are also the 2 cons to attend this year to learn more about the upcoming official Robotech sequel, Robotech : Shadow Chronicles. (Teaser hint : Yes, there will be a new alien female character in this new show, but her hair will NOT be green, like the hair of the alien babes from the original Robotech series. :P )

Slavan K. Guiser
24 January 2005, 02:02 PM
Hey, Dragonseye that car looks NICE! I'm glad that you're getting it, and at such a nice price too. $250 isn't too bad for car payments nowadays. I've always wanted to look a little more at maybe picking up a Saturn later in life (after marriage more than likely), but due to a lack of dealerships in the area, I can't do it too easily. However, most of the people I've talked to absolutely love their Saturns. And I've seen the Ions up close and in person over this weekend actually. They look to be a sweet ride that one can customize if that is what one is looking to do. Can't say I've ever really done much customizing on my little Civic, but it's something that looks interesting.

Which makes me wonder, Dragonseye. How easy is it to take care of a Saturn? I dunno if you or your hubby gets under the hood to replace stuff (like alternators and what not) but do you know if they're fairly easy to do work on? I do most of my mechanical replacements on my Honda (it's just cheaper by far to do it myself!) and it's a definite quality I look for in a car.

As for you Knightstalker, wish I could, wish I could. Sadly, I've got to save my money for other, more extended trips. Going to be leaving on a two-year service jaunt for my church in roughly 9 months, if I didn't have that, I'd love to try and make it to AnimeExpo.

Vanger Chevane
24 January 2005, 03:20 PM
Saturn's pretty much GM's replacement for the now-defunct Oldsmobile.

The transverse-mounted engine means unless you know exactly what yer doing, odds are you won't even replace your own plugs, oil & filters will be about it.

Slavan, they make ya pay to do their bidding? 8o That's so wrong in so many ways it's not even fit for NNTBS' level of insanity.

If you're gonna be sacrificing 2 years of yer life in return for only Room & Food, least they could do is cover sending you out & back.

Macross City is bound to be a madhouse with all the Nutz in one spot. Steve & Tom so need a good Nurfing, wish I had the wherewithal to make that happen. :D

dragonseye
25 January 2005, 08:17 AM
KnightStalker,

Ooo, you guys are so lucky. I really enjoyed the old Robotech series- our room mate is in love with it and bought all the dvd box sets as they came out- he grew up watching the show. Heh, if Range Murata is there doing signings again, could I send you one of my Last Exile post cards to yah for him to sign?

Slaven,

Oh, we did almost all of the work ever needed on our old Saturn SL2. They're probably some of the easiest cars to work on. There's also a fan forum for Saturn with how to tips and instructions- generally provided by Saturn techs. It's called Saturn Fans (http://www.saturnfans.com) . The only thing we didn't do was the alternator, and that was because my Dad wasn't able to help at the time and we were really crunched on time to get it fixed. My Dad generally insisted we come over and let him help- he liked hanging out with my hubby (my parents didn't have any sons- all girls) and because our car was so much easier to work on than any of the verhicles my sisters ever owned. (That and he has multiples of every tool we've ever needed.) They're also really inexpensive to reapir and care for. Our complete tuneup including brakes was only $75 when my sister's old Cougar was over $200 to work on. With that, the only things we ever had to repair in our nearly six years of ownership was the Alternator once and the upper engine mount. We also changed out the ECTS to the redesigned brass version.

They have redesigned some of the components- like the fuel filter only needs changing every 100,000 miles, as does the transmission filter. Unfortunately, it makes these parts kinda expensive to do since the fuel filter is integrated into the fuel pump, but for the most part, they're still easy cars to work on. I do know one thing- don't use bosh platinums with your saturn- they're complete joverpriced peices of junk from my understanding. You also want to avoid using aftermarket parts on the Saturn when it comes to certain parts- the ECTS, transmission filter and Engine mounts being prime examples cause they're very poorly designed.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
25 January 2005, 12:48 PM
Ahh, so you're fairly used to saturns then dragonseye. didn't know ;)

Always helps whe you've got a mechanic dad.

That hyundai elentra we used to have - there was hardly anything you could do under the hood, short of taking half the engine apart to get to everything. Even finding the engine fluid dipsticks were a challenge if you didn't have it all memorized...there were few shops other than the dealership that would dare work on it, and it didnt help when something broke down every 3 months (cant say the dealership did their repairs half right either :P )

gotta love my older gmc 1/2 ton though. thats one engine your dad would jump with joy for. its a V6 but the engine compartment is built to acomodate either a v6 or v8, and still have loads of arm & elbow room to do almost anything regarding engine maintenance & repairs. ;)

I'm just not that mechanically inclined when it comes to engines. i'm starting to learn though. (a computer technician dosn't always translate over to engine mechanic :P ) however, theres no way on earth that i'll ever let one of them gas station people check & top off the fluids, thats something i just do myself.

Slavan K. Guiser
25 January 2005, 02:12 PM
It's not as wrong as you might thing Vanger. The money's more for having emergency stashes for when the small stipend I get in addition to room and board doesn't cover my want to grab a couple of souvenirs. Mostly, it's also to provide for new clothing and medical stuff before I leave. Don't worry, they're not as evil as you might think. Oh, and I've got a couple of other large trips I'm planning for before I leave. Just a little bit of rountine sinning with friends before leaving on a mission.

Terras and Dragonseye: I love being able to work on my car. I understand that sometimes you need to take it to a dealer for stress repairs (I had to do it for a transmission once) and sometimes its just easier to have someone else replace something (mainly tires). But other than those type of things, I love being able to get down underneath and break stuff apart on my own. It gives me a very satisfied feeling that I can't quite find when watching someone else do it for me. I'm not too terribly mechanically inclined either, but with just a little bit of perseverance and elbow grease (and my ever handy Chilton's manual) I can change out just about anything. in my little Civic. In fact, I changed out my alternator just in November. Sometimes I have to go at it from underneath while she's up on ramps, but darn, I love doing it. Nice to know that Saturns are easy to dig into. Terras, I have heard the Hyundai's are not the most reliable or easy to work on cars out there. Imports usually aren't.

Terras, I've had the opporunity to work on some trucks and larger vehicles and they can be lots of fun to get into. You just have to be careful as I've found that you can quickly get stuck up to your elbows in a nasty situation if you're not paying attention to the hoses. And I guess I have to admit I'm a really big car person. I love taking care of my car (even though she's a breaking down, but paid for, piece of junk in most people's eyes). Anyway.....what else does everyone here drive? As I said, I've got a little 1983 Honda Civic, Light Blue flaking off to silver.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
27 January 2005, 02:30 AM
Just a tad off topic here...

was playing through kotor (hadn't finished it yet! :p been trying to before i get kotor2 for the pc...)

yep, i just hit the major plot twist that makes ya spin a 180 :P ... Tried it a few times, going in with various team members to see which was more fun...

Tried HK-47... heavy armor plating, zabrack canon, and the good targeting components... Was kinda like watching the Terminator T1 / T2 movies :D Save for the shot gun & harley or minigun, was a pure carnage fest and only had to use one droid construction kit .

i coulda sworn the transformers the movie soundtrack song - "instruments of destruction" was stuck in my head for the durration of HK... then again, its been stuck in my head from another sw game session, where my char's weapon of choice was the underslung rotary carbine / repeater from the A&EG. totally pasted a verpine hiding behind a tipped bar table into a smoldering pool of green goo :P

Went back, reloaded to try the theif / sneak route with Mission... forgot to save game on first run through with HK :P , so guess i gotta do over the whole 2 hour ordeal :P (though its worth re-watching, i must say)

back to original point of post:
However, just for kicks, instead of loading that savegame this evening, I figured to see what it would be like starting a new game as a female character scoundrel, (vs namesake character a male soldier, but dang the female soldier's the only one who's got the Baywatch sized rack to boot :P or is that determind be face selection? ) ... And for the twist, trying to play her as darkside....

Anyone try play it through as darkside? Is it just me or has everyone who did, have a real hard time consciously play it dark to earn dsp's?

i'm finding i'm really having a difficult time keeping the character in the grey, and just spike up partly into the blue since i last saved (Taris - rakghoul serum to doctor quest & saving 2 of the infected victims in the cage)... statswise, the character's actually doing better at lvl5 than my namesake did, kinda breezing through the baddies and persuading the hutts for more coinage :P

Ahh well, dunno if i'll be able to keep the character in the grey or what, maybe once padawan stage, i'll be able to select and use darkside feats...

Theres one perk though, right off the bat, the conversations with Carth were amusing... Carth starts callin my female char "beuatiful" so i replied i like that, then in turn call him a handsome thug! :D (was the nicer of the 2 options, might've earned a dsp or two prior to it)

I chose the light african skin, the one with the hair that has a few streaks of purple in it... but the dialogue is definately more interesting between the female choice and carth than it ever was with my namesake & towards the end of Taris when Bastila is rescued... (least its got me curious about if the romance is actually more interesting than the slightly spicey but rather short and disapointing one with bastila)

speaking of which, for those who have been playing kotor2 on the consol, which has been more fun / wittier / amusing? male or female char? lightside or darkside or staying grey? (i dont want any spoilers though )

dragonseye
28 January 2005, 11:42 AM
I finally got around to uploading those pictures of our smashed car. I attached one onto this post for all of you to take alook at. I

Terras,

Sad to say i've never played KOTR. We own it, I just never got aroudn to playing it. (I'm not much of one to play games at the computer.)

Slavan K. Guiser
28 January 2005, 12:09 PM
Owwwwwwwww-ch! That's not looking good. Egh.

Terras: I went through a little bit on the darkside (only about 2-3 hours of play). Yup. I had to consciously be a total jerk to do it.

Donovan Morningfire
28 January 2005, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I always have a hard time playing the villain in Kotor. Guess I'm just too much of a paladin at heart, especially considering my 2nd complete play through I had max light side points about half way through the second planet (in this case, I went Tatooine then Korriban). Still makes me chuckle that I left the Sith Training Academy, a bastion of the Dark Side, a veritable paragon of goodness.

Got most of the way through a game w/ a female lead, and the dialogue is a lot more entertaining between Carth and the female PC than it is between Bastila and the male PC. Probably because for the male PC you can complete the romance quest half-way through the game, not to mention Bastila's dialogue is rather reserved, where Carth seems to be a bit more playful.

But I am soooooooooooooo looking forward to Kotor2. Here's hoping it's worth the wait.

Edit: For those of us w/ Kotor on the PC, you might find this linking interesting/amusing: Kotor mods. (http://www.pcgamemods.com/6) There's all sorts of options from adding uber-twinked items to character reskins all the way up to new sidequests. If I recall right, there's even a reskin mod that lets you have a PC of a different race than human, and a couple for female Twi'leks (hark, doth I hear the sound of Terras' ears perking up?) :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 January 2005, 08:25 PM
dragonseye: ouch!!!

dono & slavan - , its good to know that i'm not the only one here with a tough time going darkside... that must say something about us, don't it? On how we're brought up, life we've had, and just downright the way we are at core / heart?

it's got to make me wonder about my cousin's teenage kid (husband's kid from a previous marriage), who i steered him towards kotor and he went darkside right from the start without a second thought and was happily exited how cool this was... he's about 13-14 or so.

I can tell you right now, even had I been his age and for a game like this waay back then, i'd have a tough , if not imposible time playing / turning darkside.

Hey donovan - thx for the link of the that mods site! some of those mods would certainly refresh kotor for playing it second time around ;)

Since last post, the female character's now got a few points in the blue, looks like it'll be staying that way, save for a few times that i'll be able to use persuade or be evil towards an already bad guy...

as for kotor2, yep, you and me both dono! theres a couple threads on it in the chaos & misc section. thankfully the spoilers are in spoiler code, seems to be a decent game with some new improvements. theres always going to be someone or something that'll be griped about in kotor2 but i'm still looking forward to it.... Its almost Feb, so its supposed to be coming out sometime soon :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 January 2005, 09:06 PM
Aw frell!!!!

tonights the 1 week deadline for me since ris posted and i didn't even realize it!!!! ks just reminded me thankfully...

and thankfully, i've got a few things in mind...

however, just thought i should for-warn ya all, I dont have much of a funny bone with me tonight, so i hold no promises how it'll turn out... guess that remains to be seen :P

partways done. need sleep......... will finish sunday aftrnoon....

Ris
30 January 2005, 05:11 AM
TJ--you did realize Dono etended deadlines to 2 weeks quite some time ago?

dragonseye
31 January 2005, 07:35 AM
Ris

Shh... It's fun to watch em sweat... :D

But umm, yeah, Don extended out post time to two weeks a while ago. So don't sweat it man. :)

Don,

I'll have to show my hubby those links. Though I'm not sure if he'll bother. He's having too much fun killing co-workers in Counter strike. Oh yeah, if any of you know of someone who did a skin mod for counter strike as a My Little Pony, let me know. I might just have to play the game if I could walk around as a pony with a gun... :P

Vanger Chevane
31 January 2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by dragonseye
I'll have to show my hubby those links. Though I'm not sure if he'll bother. He's having too much fun killing co-workers in Counter strike. Oh yeah, if any of you know of someone who did a skin mod for counter strike as a My Little Pony, let me know. I might just have to play the game if I could walk around as a pony with a gun... :P

ROFL...I can just see saddlebag-mounted Heavy Weapons Turrets. "Crisp my forelock willya!" :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
31 January 2005, 03:33 PM
Doh! :P well, sunday afternoon ended up lazing on the couch watching movies all day... between wgn, ktla, wpix, IFC, and Showcase Action... there was a good string of movies from 12 - 10pm :P

Its usually rare to get a good lineup in 2hr intervals, especially across a bunch of stations...

dragonseye - i dunno about a MLP skins, but anythings possible I suppose :P I do remember the fun multiplayer deathmatch days of Quake 2, where I had found many skins for it ... MY FAV one was an Optimus Prime skin to use. Unfortunately, back then, when you used a skin, you didnt see the "custom" arms / hands that your skin used for the first person shooter view, just the regular human hands... Sometimes the skins contained sound bytes for their auto taunts...

But my friends had also gotten a bunch of other crazy & whacky type skins as for the bots... It was hilarious blasting away toon & anime model type skins -stuff like looney tunes, rozger rabit, daffy duck, etc which all had their zany sounds... Especially the Bugs Bunny, Daffy duck & elmer fudd ones :D

Even had used our own selection of midi music, since mp3's had come out but hadn't caught on as the popular rage yet...

I'm hoping Quake 4 has some good death matching arenas and skins, and the usual variety of custom fan made skins... Thats one game where using custom content was in the form of single archive zip files renamed with the .pak extension... Most other games these days using custom content requires unzipping and droping a bunch of files in to several of the game's sub-folders, so yeah - i kinda miss those old days of crazyness :P

dragonseye
1 February 2005, 07:49 AM
Oh, I forgot to let all of you know about some news with Alderac Entertainment Group. They are apparently dropping their d20 dual system books for Legend of the Five Rings. I guess Oriental Adventures has gone out of print, so they've decided to go back to thier roots so to speak. They're now working on 3rd edition to their d10 system for L5R and from the sounds of it, it's going almost entirely back to the way 1st edition worked (thankfully.)

I've also heard from a friend that they are dropping their Stargate d20 line of games and quite possibly dropping everything to do with d20. I dunno if Stargate will be picked up by another company or Spycraft for that matter. I'll be sure tolet you know when I hear more about it.

Vanger ,

LOL... yup, that would be great. And afriend of mine says I should use the name Pony Killer if is did play on there. But it would mean me learning to play those games- i've never really played shooting games before.

Terras,

I'll have to talk with my hubby and room mate. I'm sure between them, they could make a custom skin for me. :D

We played video games for the most part on Sunday after making breakfast for my Mom- her B-day was this past week. We were supposed toplay a game, but they didn't show up. Oh well.

Slavan K. Guiser
1 February 2005, 12:10 PM
*Pops his head up from nowhere.* Oro? Looks like I've been out of it. Been checking on one of my zany forum boards, but not the other. Hmmmm, on topic conversation: Well, I can't really say I'm much into the computer gaming genre anymore. Usually use this thing for either Internet or Art applications. Or just for storage of movies and music. However, as for the MLP thing and skins in general, I've seen a lot of funny stuff. Quake 2 always was one of the bigger ones with patches. I know Unreal had quite a bit too. Never really played a whole lot of either, but I know they're funner with skins. Honestly, I wish I could get some skins for Halo for the Xbox. That'd be fun.

Hrmmmmm...here's a special link for you Dono. Use it only if you have plenty of time and plenty of Connection bandwidth. I would think you would like it, being the biggest Rurouni Kenshin (http://piratebay.org/torrents-details.php?id=3281067) fan out of us, you may want to click the link. Be warned, it's a large file.

Donovan Morningfire
3 February 2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Slavan K. Guiser
Hrmmmmm...here's a special link for you Dono. Use it only if you have plenty of time and plenty of Connection bandwidth. I would think you would like it, being the biggest Rurouni Kenshin (http://piratebay.org/torrents-details.php?id=3281067) fan out of us, you may want to click the link. Be warned, it's a large file.
Well, seeing as how I'm still using a dial-up connection, that's a rather massive file. Though considering most of the text on the site read more as gibberish than anything resembling a language as I know it, I'm leary about attempting to download it. That and just the name of the site has me leary.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
3 February 2005, 07:48 PM
Hey Slavan - looks lke someone will have to grab it for dono and burn it onto a few dvdr's, like 5 or so :P

sorry, but right now i cant - had to downgrade my internat package for the next few months so i've extra funds to redirect onto the credit card... means i'm limited to 5gb download / 1.5gb upload data quota per month.... before xmas, i had the 50/50 gb package... 50gb's up or down... Guess that blows my chance on becoming dono's next new best friend :P

also requires a bit torrent program, ABC is one of the good bit torrent clients...

Guess what?!? was at Walmart, and they've got in on dvd: Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence!!!!!!! Yah!!!!!!! didnt have enough cash onhand, but walmart i think usually carries a wide selection of stuff... and at worst, the dvd is out now so can be purchased elsewheres ;)

Slavan K. Guiser
3 February 2005, 10:18 PM
Mehehehe. I'm sorry, Dono, and all this time I thought you had a higher connection speed. My bad. Anyway, I've got a 3.2 Mb Cable coming into my place, and after a few days, I'm nearly 50% done with the file. Althought my Bittorrent Client won't usually help me get a good download speed on it (only reaching about 30k/s,) it's taking longer than I want.

Dono: I know it looks funky, but it's just based up in Sweden. That's why it's gibberish. And yes, it is pirated copies of stuff. Getting any Rurouni Kenshin downloads are. It's been licensed technically. However, I really would like a chance to preview most of the series before I commit the $500+ to get the entirety of it.

Terras: Yeah....been out here for around 2 months now....I saw it just before Christmas in Suncoast....

Btw, has anyone else noticed how closely Seafoam and C-4 sound alike? Imagine this:
Painter: "Go get me thirty containers of Seafoam."
Painter Assistant goes and gets thirty containers of C-4.
Painter proceeds to paint Nursery. Apply a little Electricity and BOOM!
Bye Bye Baby.........

dragonseye
4 February 2005, 07:32 AM
Well, as to Innocence, I'd suggest buying it in a store, that way you'll be guarenteed to get the version of it with regular subtitles. Apparently, Dreamwave muffed it when they made the DVD- they only gave it closed captioned subtitles instead of regualr subtitles as well. They're currently switching disks with customers, but I don't know if people in Canada count for it. asically, just look for "v4" on the spine. That should be the proper unmessed up version of the DVD.

Innocence is a decent movie (I saw it in the theatre when it was here for the single weekend,) but personally, I prefer the new Appleseed movie. The only real problem I had with Innocence is that Oshi wasn't at all subtle with his use of philosophy in the movie. He was basically force feeding down the audiences' thoats. That, and I think around 80% of all the dialogue was nothing but quotes.

Oh, and the Appleseed movie is being released on DVD this May 10th. There's going to be three versions of it: regular edition, special edition, and special edition plus Briareos figure.

Ris
6 February 2005, 04:02 AM
Now it's Realy, Truly time to spend all day sweating over your race post--been 2 weeks since I got mine up. Happy (frantic) keyboarding!

:D 8o

PS: to Dragonseye: PLease don't tell my daughter about your ideas for MLP's! As Dono can attest--the charming Sith Princess needs no inspiration when she wants to be Sithly

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
6 February 2005, 04:06 PM
egadz... time flys when one's busy... was using my free time working on a few things for rg2, amidst day to day living... :P

well its been half typed since last weekend.... if i get to finishing it tonight then i do, if i dont i dont. sunday evening, doubt i'll be staying up too late.

Donovan Morningfire
12 February 2005, 07:42 AM
Well, it's been more than two weeks, so Vash Knives, if you're out there listening, it's your turn at bat. You've got two weeks from today to get yer post up.

Side Note: Finally got my hands on KOTOR II last night. Only played for a few hours, but so far the game seems pretty cool. Nice having access to Force powers right out the gate, though I wouldn't be adverse to getting my mitts on a lightsaber. Part of me is semi-pained that the graphics look almost identical to KOTOR I, and look a wee bit on the primitive side. The optional prologue part of the game is a really cool tutorial for the game

Vanger Chevane
12 February 2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar &amp; Raven 6 February 2005 06:06 PM
egadz... time flys when one's busy... was using my free time working on a few things for rg2, amidst day to day living... :P

well its been half typed since last weekend.... if i get to finishing it tonight then i do, if i dont i dont. sunday evening, doubt i'll be staying up too late.
I can just see Dono pulling that Souvenir-sized Black Flag fome one of those robe sleeves for waving here... ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 February 2005, 04:07 AM
Sorry for the delay, and happy Valentines day... Enjoy! :D

Vash Knives
16 February 2005, 02:18 AM
I'm here and listening, Dono. I have just been busy with many things including school, sleep, and some personal projects of mine.
Hopefully I'll be able to get it done in time.

dragonseye
22 February 2005, 07:22 AM
Happy very belated Valentines day to all of you as well.

Well, I hope I wasn't the only one to see this, but Avatar on nickeldoian was surprisingly very good. The quality of the animation and the story itself is very interesting. It's nothing like what usually comes out of Nick's line up. I think they're going to replay it tonight if you did miss it. It's a show that I'd highly reccomend seeing. The only frustrating thing is that it plays on Friday nights otherwise, so I've got to get the vcr going again.

In other movie news, I also went to see Constantine. This movie as well was a pleasant surprise to me. Keanu doesn't really look the part of Hellblazer, but he certainly got the attitude down well. The stroyline was perhaps a bit predictable at times and the cross gun thing was a bit cheesey, but otherwise I found the acting to be very good and the writing to be much better than I've seen in most recent comic book movies. And I must say that the fellow who played Lucifer did a superb job. All in all I think this movie was worth the money to go see in the theatre.

Slavan K. Guiser
22 February 2005, 11:33 AM
Huh, I've been looking forward to going to go see Constatine, if only I can scrounge up the $7.75 to go see it. Looks really good. I didn't really know it was supposed to be a comic book movie, but I'm not totally surprised. The movie I can't wait to see however, is the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, streeting just a scant two weeks before Episode 3. Good time to be a geek? Oh yeah.

KnightStalker
22 February 2005, 05:22 PM
I'm hoping that Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy which has been in the works as a movie for the last 25 years, will live up to the novels. I understand that Douglas Adams was working up a lot of new material for this movie just prior to his death.

With Martin Freeman (Arthur Dent), Mos Def (Ford Prefect), Sam Rockwell (Zaphod Beeblebrox), Warwick Davis (Marvin the Paranoid Android), Zooey Deschanel (Trillian) and John Malkovich (Humma Kavala) as the main cast, the acting should be pretty good.

Oh, and as a heads up, movie toy-makers NECA will be producing action figures based on the movie likenesses, as well as prop replicas of the Babel Fish, electronic thumb and POV gun. :D

dragonseye
22 February 2005, 06:09 PM
Well, Slaven, then you have another reason to go see Constantine. they had a preview for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fronting the movie. And, I might add, it was the only preview I would pay money to go watch. All the others I would have to be given at least $20 to waste my time and brain cells to go see the movies in the theatre.

Hitchhiker's Guide looks to be very good. They had great special effects from what I could see, and the acting looked to be superb. I do know one thing, I'm gonna have to reread the books now since it's been so long.

As to Constantine, it's an adapation of DC's Hellblazer comic book. It's a part of the Vertigo series and he's made various appearnces in a lot of the Vertigo titles. I believe he was introduced in Swamp Thing, but I could be wrong there. I do know he was one of Tim Hunter's first teachers as well as the body who enabled Tefe to be created (Swamp Things daughter.) I'd probably pick it up since I like the character, but I'm not at all fond of the artwork for the comics. But I jsut may force myself past that obstacle anyhow and pick the first volume up.

Vanger Chevane
23 February 2005, 01:26 PM
Hitchhiker's Guide looks to be very good. They had great special effects from what I could see, and the acting looked to be superb. I do know one thing, I'm gonna have to reread the books now since it's been so long.
Like that'll help? Known fact all the versions are intentionally different. The radio play isn't the same as the novels nor TV series.

Since I did get to watch the TV Version, it may be tough seeing the same characters with different bodies & voices (Specially Slartibartfast). :P

Ris
27 February 2005, 08:35 AM
We're gonna do Hitchiker's Guide--just have to scrape up $$ for 2 tix & the sitter, maybe dinner first. We just don't think the Sith Twins should be exposed to D. Adams at such an early age--might get ideas.

Yes, life's still been crazy here. We spent yesterday at a Con. It was ok, mostly we just looked over the dealer's room and gabbed with friends. Also bought a few things. The Princess is now the proud owner of a small, mauve-spotted stuffed leopard with butterfly wings. Hubby got the kids Yu-Gi-Oh decks and himself a copy of the boardgame Settlers of Catarn. He also got me & him Clone Strike booster packs.

I'm just about done with my X-wing costume & it already looks pretty cool. I'm wearing the suit, vest & ejectionstraps right now, seeing how they fit in use while I can still adjust things easily. I can't wait to get it finished, get the helmet, & wear it. (And yes, Dono, I know you can't wait to get your costume back. Just need to pack it up & mail it out.)

And I'll have plenty of opportunities to show it, the next few months. Got at least 2 hospital visits in the works, plus Star Wars Weekends, a parade, & maybe 1 or 2 events related to the premiere. The 4 of us would like to go to the midnight show, but we don't know if that will work with 2 younglings on a school night. And I'm not sure that a babysitter & taking them next day will work. I don't dare imagine the protests--and all of you would probably be able to hear them!

I've also found a funny website, The imperial Officers' Club (http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/gargoyle/401/impofficersclub.html)
Someone uses the SW action figs to make funny scenes with dialog and all. There are also "guests" from other toy lines--from Cobra Leader to Muppets. And all your fave Imp. Officers are there & very hapless: Motti always gets killed, Veers--shall we say?--has a "special interest" in droids, and Piett is a lush. The humor ranges from semi-subtle (Viceroy Bail, part of a crowd protesting a Vader visit, holding up a sign that says, "Do you know where your children are?") to very unsubtle (The real reason that trash compactor smelled so bad).
The site just recently added some "Secrets of Ep. 3" scenes. If they're spoilers, we should all be very afraid to see ROTS...

KnightStalker
2 March 2005, 10:15 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, it's almost a week past Vash's deadline. Whose next in the posting order, and what's our next stopover after Endor again?

dragonseye
3 March 2005, 08:07 AM
Well, if any of you were looking forward to the Tenjou Tenge manga series just released by DC through their CMX line, don't bother picking it up. Every single hint of nudity and controversial subject matter was edited to attempt to make it kiddie friendly. They even edited out a character flipping soemone off. :rolleyes: And I was so looking forward to no longer needing the scanilations of the series- I guess I'll always have the Japanese tanks of it that I got in Chicago.

KnightStalker,

Yup, I believe the two weeks has been up for a little while now. And if I remeber correctly, I think we're sneaking into a palace and getting ourselves pictured with the Queen Mother of Hapes (or was it someone else. I know we have to sneak in somewhere.)

Wow, we've been doing the race for over a year now... I thought we'd only just started this back in the summer. :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
3 March 2005, 08:47 AM
uhhh dragonseye? ;)

5) Tatooine... fetch krayat dragon pearl... NNTBS - OCC, Take Deux - page 1 post #72 (http://holonet.swrpgnetwork.com/showthread.php?postid=171764#post171764)

umm no, i'm not a historian, archiver or rules lawyer i swear! :P

yup, its been that long since the race started,,, hard to beleive myself i know... kinda makes me long to play my namesake more regularly in a game. this nntbs is the only thing they've been in for the longest time now...

dragonseye
3 March 2005, 08:56 AM
He he, guess the old hamster memory isn't at all as good as I thought it was.:P Oh well... did I at least remember a mission we're supposed to do? *Does a quick check* Hah, yup, at least I wasn't makin one up.:D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
3 March 2005, 12:55 PM
lol, n/p dragonseye ... i had totally forgotten what the next stop was entirely... had to go look it up...

Donovan Morningfire
3 March 2005, 01:38 PM
Sorry about all this everyone. Been out of sorts the past few weeks. I'll get a post up with the next objective and racing order A.S.A.P.

'course, also to blame is my addiction to KotOR II. Even though I somehow had a glitch develop, and had to remove everything, including my saved games. Well, at least this time round I have a better idea of what I'm doing, and even got a nifty set of robes very early on. Kinda strange that I'm cruising at almost 100% light side and am decked out in Dark Jedi Knight robes :D

Also, if in the future I get lax in my duties as Racemaster, feel free to PM or e-mail me to get my tuckus in gear.

Donovan Morningfire
5 March 2005, 08:33 AM
Wow, we've been doing the race for over a year now... I thought we'd only just started this back in the summer. :P
Well, hopefully with the field of contenders narrowed down to the regular posters, things will move quicker. Probably also help if the GM paid more attention to what was going on that didn't involved work or computer games.

Also, for future reference instead of having to dredge all the way back to page one of this thread, here's what I've been using for the racing checklist. If nothing else, it might help folks get post ideas ahead of time.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
5 March 2005, 11:02 AM
Also, if in the future I get lax in my duties as Racemaster, feel free to PM or e-mail me to get my tuckus in gear.

Lol, you was only aproaching close to the end of the 2 week limit you set for us.. ;)

thx for the attachment, for all of us too lazy to have copied the list into notepad for ourselves ;)

I suppose if we all get our butts in gear, stop procrastinating and actually type up our race posts soon as Dono puts out the new race order... We could narrow down the length of time to a couple months :P ehhh, only an idea... y'know?

Malkarris
5 March 2005, 03:37 PM
Yeah, in that case, I'd ahve been dropped weeks ago. Sorry I haven't been on lately, school's trying to kill me. And I'm not really sure I'm kidding. But I've got some breathing room now. And I'll have to agree with Donovan, KOTOR II is addictive, along with Rebuplic Commando, thought the last seem really short. I've only had it for two days and I'm through tot he third world. Still a cool game. Same with KOTOR II, except with that onethere's a lot more to play through.

Hmmm, and I'll be trying to post a bit more from now on. Like I said, I should have more time. Anyway, what's up with you all?

Ris
5 March 2005, 05:15 PM
Malk, no sane person asks me that. They'll get an answer--that's why! If you still have trouble with the concept after reading this, just ask Dono.

Today my son was competing the Cub Scout district Pinewood Derby, where the boys make & race little wooden cars. Alas he isn't going on to the council level, but we'll brag on him anyways. He put a lot of work into that car & it was the fastest in his pack. Since we got back home, he has been alternately playing computer games--even taking turns with his sister!--and reading some of our d20 SW rulebooks.

Last week was a bigger on-the-job pain than usual. My work pulled a Dilbert's Boss of epic proportions. They decided to give me a small raise and cut my hours back. Hello! This is not the way you treat the only person in the company who has the know-how to use the cute lab you just spent a few thousand on! Needless to say, I'll be working elsewhere before Ep. 3--or even Hitchhiker's Guide premieres. And at their payscale, it's very likely they won't find anyone to replace me.

Donovan Morningfire
6 March 2005, 07:16 AM
Malk,
Yeah, I can vouch on that being a dangerous question to ask Little Miss Ris :D BTW, how far into KotOR II are you? Going from the progress in my first game, I'm about half-through, and just finished exploring the old Academy. Now for the creepy cave ...

Ris,
Well, pass along my congratulations to Brennen on his car. A shame he didn't go onwards, but at least he has bragging rights amoungst his pack.

Terras,
Gamers procrastinate. It's in our nature. Besides, why do today what can wait until after you play a game for just a couple hours more? :D

Slavan K. Guiser
6 March 2005, 10:29 AM
Hey all.....Hrmmm, I seem to have slipped from my coveted first place position. Hmmm, KotOR II sounds like quite a bit of fun. And I finished the Republic Commando book not too long ago, and considering I've got some extra cash from a wedding from the last night, I may just go pick it up tomorrow or Tuesday. It looks pretty damn awesome.

Well, not much more than that. And, yes, I hope we do finish a little faster, as I've had many ideas and a want to post, as I've gotten back into the habit of playing D6 Second R&E.....which often gave me ideas for posting in the first place.

Also, a friend of mine found a very interesting song. It's lines from Star Wars arranged in a capella harmony to several of John William's songs. Sadly, I can't attach it, but if anyone in interested in hearing it, feel free to PM or e-mail me and I'll send it along to wherever need be.

KnightStalker
6 March 2005, 09:20 PM
Hey, is anybody here gonna attend Kunicon Denver this June 17-19?

I'm gonna make the 9+ hour overnight drive the night of the 17th (Friday) to arrive at Vanger's place by morning, and then leave for home by noon on Sunday (so I can get home just in time to crawl into bed).

We'll be attending and we think it'd be cool to meet any of you if you can make it.

Malkarris
8 March 2005, 10:37 AM
I don't really know how far along I am, being this is my first time through. But from the mining station at the beginning, I've been to Telos, Dxum and it's twin planet (forgot the name), went on to Nar Shardar (probably goofed the spelling there too) and just went back to Dxum. So you can judge from that. And got a few lightsabers along the way by now, but I still have more Jedi than sabers. But I did get the droid back together, avoiding spoilers for those yet to play the game. And I doubt that I'll be getting much further for a bit. School bit again and it's not really letting go.

On the other hand, I did managed to finish Republic Commando. It is a pretty short game, though the Wookie levels are murder at points. All the rest only took about two tries max on regular for me, and I don't think I'm that good a player. Slavan, it is a short game, but it's really good. I don't really know, I might have not minded waiting for the price to drop a bit. Oh, and two hints for free. One. Grenades are your friends. Use them often and wisely. Two. The Trandoshan Heavy Repeater (think that's what they call it) is the weapon of god in this game. If you pick one up, use it until it's dry. It is worth the tough time it is to kill the guys carrying them. Oh, and it's optional to laugh manically while using it.

And Ris, I never said I was sane. Congrads to your son for the race, and good luck with job stuff.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
8 March 2005, 12:13 PM
Theres a thread in the C&M for Commandos, where I posted my limited opinion on it...

All i can say is that we should be extremely happy and lucky that kotor & kotor 2 are as good as they are in length and replay value...

Slavan K. Guiser
11 March 2005, 09:55 PM
So......I just got back from watching the film Robots. Absolutely cute and funny show. It's totally worth going to go see, especially if you're A) Dating someone, B) Have little children, C) Want to see how awesome Episode III is going to be. It's a unique trailer from what I read, and just.....WOW. I went for the trailer and I stayed for the movie.

Donovan Morningfire
12 March 2005, 03:50 PM
dear Rissy! No idea how old you are, and I know far better than to ever draw to bring up that subject!

Slavan,
I'm wondering if the theater trailer in front of Robots is the same as the one they showed w/ the OC a couple nights ago on TV (hopefully sans the prat having Action Figure Obi and Ani duel it out). I dl'd that trailer, and everythign I've seen looks sweet. I'm just seriously hoping that this isn't another Episode I, where the trailer ends up being a lot better than the movie.

I also finished up KotOR II today (been playing that and re-reading my Harry Potter books due to having a nasty head cold). To be blunt, I haven't been this dissappointed in a game's ending since I don't know when. It was a great story, and even towads the end when it became really noticeable that stuff had been cut, but the actual ending flat-out stunk.

At least I got a few laughts from installing the HK Pacifist Package into my favorite assassin droid :D

KnightStalker
12 March 2005, 05:54 PM
Happy B-Day Ris, I hope you had a great day.

Malkarris
12 March 2005, 07:34 PM
Happy Birthday Ris, sorry if I'm late. Many happy returns and I hope you got something nice, even if it's just a day off.

I was thinking about going to Robots anyway, didn’t' know about the trailer. Hmm, maybe.

And sorry to hear about the game, though I've heard that a lot around the net. Actually I think somewhere they were talking about making a fan ending like what was originally planed or something like that. And a place that had the original voice files for the ending. But I can't remember where. I'll have to look around.

By the way, speaking about KOTOR, if you haven't seen this site, go here.

http://www.aimostudio.com/swkotor/

All the KOTOR I and II fan art you could ever want. Even mini comics. But I have another reason for wanting people to take a look. She takes commissions, and if no one objects I was going to ask for a picture from her for the bar crew. Just who's in the race right now. Maybe we could do historical, or should that be hysterical, one's later. So, yeah, or nay, and if yeah, I'll need descriptions please. You can PM them or post here. And if you have more than one character, put them in. Oh and worry about money later, when I get a quote. We can figure out more then.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 March 2005, 10:48 PM
Happy B-Day Riss!!!

Slavan, SWEEET MAKERS OF----SPARKY COLA!!! ! :D That is one sweeet site. did I mention sweet? I always love drawn sw artwork, and with swag taking a vacation, this is indeed a happy fill :) (especially with the art fairly good quality, slight anime'ish or toonish but still great)

Dono, well, I heard about it but didn't really beleive it... but coming from you, I gotta beleive it... Biummer man, you're probably as disapointed as I was breifly about the whole Bastila romance quest ending... In 4 words or less: 'what a cop out' ...

I managed to grab kotor2 and install it, though only played the first 10min of it then called it a night, forgetting to save...

Lol, hadn't gotten around to finishing kotor1 yet . Just hdn't much time for personal gaming. Daily duties, rpg'ing here of course, and been doing some multiplayer gaming with 2 local friends.

Heyyyyy, now isn't this lovely??? (http://www.aimostudio.com/gallery/images/045.jpg) .... thats what kotor was missing ;)

Donovan Morningfire
13 March 2005, 03:30 AM
Heh, I've known about that site for a couple weeks, at least the KotOR section of it. (Chuckles at "General Hotpants") Definitely some of the better KotOR fan-art I've seen. Though from a guy perspective, I wouldn't mind seeing more of Mira and Visas ;)

Terras,
Yeah, I've heard about people working on a fan mod to restore the ending, and it sounds like most of what's needed is there. Of course, there was a post on Obisidian's forums by a developer about a request from them to LucasArts to go back and "finish" the game, but that post was deleted in short order. Make of that what you will.

As for romance, at least in KotOR I you get the initimations of a kiss. All I got in KotOR II (LS male) was an "I love you speech" from one of the female NPCs you meet later one towards the end of the game.

BTW,
http://www.aimostudio.com/comics/images/web03-05.jpg

Ris
13 March 2005, 10:18 AM
Thank you, Insanians all!

And as I told Dono last night, about the age thing, "Insane doesn't necessarily mean 'wants to get skewered by an irate Jedi princess!"

Slavan K. Guiser
13 March 2005, 06:33 PM
Sorry, so late, but Happy Birthday Ris.

Malkarris, that's a pretty cool site. It's got some pretty nice artwork. I can't really say I care for the artwork of Mission a whole heck of a lot, but it is rendered quite well and looks relatively nice overall.

Dono: Yeah, I think everyone's hoping that it'll live up to actual standards and not be nearly as disappointing as Episode I was. Some of the scenes make me really happy, especially the ones shown of Anakin fighting with Obi-wan over the lava. Woo....

dragonseye
13 March 2005, 07:40 PM
Happy B-day Ris!!!!!! I hope it was filled with fun and many cakes. :D

Donovan Morningfire
14 March 2005, 03:10 PM
Some of the scenes make me really happy, especially the ones shown of Anakin fighting with Obi-wan over the lava. Woo....

Obi-Wan: You were supposed to be the Chosen One!

It's tough to remain "cautiously optimistic" based on what we see in the trailer. The fact that Lucas is allowing it to be PG-13 is a good sign, but I also don't want to get my hopes up too high. Which I still think is the biggest thing that hurt Phantom Menace, the simple fact that after two decades the majority of fans had huge expecations of what they were gonna see, and Lucus didn't cater to the fans, but to his concept of what the story was.

May 19th will tell the tale ...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 March 2005, 09:32 PM
OMFG ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!
Atom FIlms: Recruitment (http://www.atomfilms.com/af/content/recruitment)
OMFG ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Man oh man!!! this movie short should come with a health advisory to spleens & guts!!!

I warn you - do not be drinking anything when you watch this!!!! If you've never ever not busted a gut or laughed your *ahems* off, you will be durring this film!!!

dragonseye
17 March 2005, 08:48 AM
I loathe snow. This had better be the last day we get the cloud dandruff- we have about thee inches built up now since this morning. :(

Anyways, Happy St Patricks Day to all of you. :D

I also wanted to say I'm prolly gonna be late in posting my next race post, so who ever's next can post before me if they want. So long as it's ok by Donovan.:)

Ris
17 March 2005, 12:53 PM
Dragonseye--you could ship the snow down here to my kids. And I'm sick of the rain! I feel like we're living on Kamino in an unusally wet year! And it's only been a couple days...
Never heard the stuff called that before.
And My Hubby reminds you that the last snow is "normally" around Easter, "which is normally in April," so maybe the end is near--for the snow!.

And thanks for the B-day wishes all!

Slavan K. Guiser
17 March 2005, 01:40 PM
I wish we could get some of that lovely snow or wetness over here. It's been clear and 70 degrees for the last two and a half weeks. Which means what little snow we has is gone. Stupid freakin' desert areas. Oh well. At least I was able to go out and do some disc golfing. It's nice to get an early start on the season. It's great.

Ris
19 March 2005, 05:36 AM
Slavan, it's now clear & supposed to hit 70 here. If you'd like, later in the spring/summer, I'll try to ship you a few of the routine afternoon thundershowers. And yes, I know to hold the tropical storms/hurricanes/tornadoes.
We've had had some odd weather down here lately. The first part of January was so unseasonably warm, it seemed likely to go down as the warmest on record. Then the secnd half of the month, we had unusually cold weather. <ignores snorts & chorus of "yeah, right" from those who don't understand someone who considers nights in the 30's "severe cold">
Then last week, a section of town just south of us got hit by a few minutes of Really Bad wind, rain, & hail during a storm. The meteorologists called it a "microburst," but it did some of the same kinds of damage a weak tornado would--parts of roofs ripped off, very large trees fallen, broken windows & cars crushed by debris. We know 2 families who live in that area, but fortunately their neighborhood just had lots of (smaller) fallen limbs.

In other news we, like dear Dragonseye, have joined the ranks of Those With New(er) Cars. Courtesy, in our case, of Uncle Sam. We got a rather large refund this year & decided to put part of it towards a down payment on a vehicle made in this decade. So My Hubby & I went out looking yesterday. We now have a black '01 Ford Focus wagon. It's not bad at all--58K miles, CD player, a little larger than the Escort. Of course, both down payment & monthly payments are a bit larger than we wanted--but that seems to be common with car purchases. At least, it was not as unpleasant as previous car-buying exercises. Our old Escort is to the point where it can't handle long trips, but we're keeping it as a backup for now.

Malkarris
19 March 2005, 12:40 PM
Good news about the car Ris. I hope it lasts you well.

And Slavan, what's disc golfing?

Hmmm. Well, since no one said anything about the hiring the artist idea, I'm assuming that's Nays all around then?

Oh, and since I don't know if I'm going to get another chance to post here before I go, just letting you know that I'm going on vacation and I probably won't be able to post again till the first. So, see yeah then.

Donovan Morningfire
19 March 2005, 12:52 PM
Sorry if I seem a bit distant, been re-reading Goblet of Fire. And truth be told, I'm not sure which I'm more anxious for, SW Episode III or HP and the Half-Blood Prince. May 19th is a lot sooner than July 16th, so I guess that's some consolation.

Ris,
Congrats on the new car! Though I'm sure the Sith Twins will find ways to fill up the extra room. Heck, I can still recall the piles of stuff they had stashed away in the minivan you two used to own.

Dragonseye,
I've got no problem with the swap. I don't recall right off the top of my head who was supposed to go second, but if they're cool with it, then it's all good.

Malk,
Maybe the picture wasn't fated to happen just yet. Also, I think the poor artist might be more worried about getting her site back-up, as I went to check it out and got a "bandwidth exceeded" message. Probably from all the hits in threads on several KotOR-related boards praising the quality of her(?) work.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
19 March 2005, 03:03 PM
Congrats Ris on getting a newer vehicle ;) And best wishes that it will be fairly reliable and repair free :)

I'm still making due with my good ol' reliable '88 GMC 1/2ton. Though think this spring gonna have to get a pair of front new tires as theres tiny cracks on the sidewalls... Well, they're michellin brand and have came with the truck since i got it oh about 6 -7 yrs ago now... Well, not doing any road trips and barely any highway driving (5min trips to the farm only) these days so i'm sure it'll hold out jus a wee biit longer.

As for that nice kotor art website, yeah, bandwidth exceeded... Guess she now knows she's popular ;) (hopefully its from traffic viewing the site and not countless idiots linking her pics to their own sites)

Donovan Morningfire
20 March 2005, 01:46 PM
Actually Malk, that last little snippet works into my plans and schemes quite well. Thank you *insert maniacal laughter here*

BTW, for those of use with a fantasy bent, don't forget that Animal Planet has there special on Dragons at 8pm (Eastern Time Zone). And yes, I'll make a copy for you if you'd like ;)

Slavan K. Guiser
21 March 2005, 05:32 PM
Ris: Cool on the car. Go team. ^_^ It's always nice to get something newer.

Donovan: Well, not really directly at you, but kinda in the same line: Clone Wars Season II debuts tonight for all of that Genndy Tartakovsky goodness.

Malkarris: Disc Golf is probably exactly what you think it is. It's playing Golf with a Frisbee disc. They have special baskets used for it. For a bit more information and quite a bit more clarification check out the Official Professional Disc Golf Association's Website. (http://www.pdga.com/) It's a really really fun version of Golf. And it, surprisingly is quite difficult to master. I play it quite often, albeit I'm only so, so. Usually finish about 3-4 over par on nine holes. Also, for some more information, check out Innova Disc's Website. (http://www.innovadiscs.com) They've got a whole bunch of stuff on discgolf design and course design. I'm pretty sure there's course up around the Seattle area. It's pretty popular.

Donovan Morningfire
22 March 2005, 03:19 PM
Slavan,
Yep, been full aware of Clone Wars Season II, and so far am enjoying it. The first night mostly for showing us what a Knighting ceremony might well look like. I wish it was a detail I had available when writing Unexpected Destiny for my namesake's own Knighting. Though I'm sure the party more than makes up for the lack of ceremony. Course, at the time all we had to go one was Yoda's brevit promotion of Obi-Wan to Knight status.

Ris
24 March 2005, 03:11 AM
EEEPP! Dono just reminded me last night, that with Missy deferring her turn--I'm up! Yipes! What to use for inspiration this time? Veggie-tales videos? Garfield? Shakespeare? The Ep. 3 trailer--or just Samurai Jack?

Dono--forgot to mention last nite--you could always use the addition of a Knighting ceremony as an excuse to re-re-re-tweak Unexpected Destiny. GL's always tweaking stuff--why shouldst you not?
As for what the Sith Twins do to the Focus--Hubby swears it won't happen--he even promised me he wouldn't use the front passenger area to pile all his stuff. (He's one of Those Guys who has to do the driving if he's in the vehicle. One time when I had to pick him up, he motioned me to staqy in the driver's seat & I asked him, quite seriously, "Do we need to go straight to the doctor's?")

Slavan, I think one of the Boy Scout camps nearby has the baskets for disk golf. Have to ask My Hubby if they can be used next time we're out there.

KnightStalker
31 March 2005, 08:19 PM
Okay, it's the last day of the month, back on the 17th, Dragonseye passed letting Ris take her turn,. Ris, are you gonna post something or pass as well?

As a reminder for us all, here's a recap of the posting order :

1st Place: Dragonseye
2nd Place: Ris
3rd Place: Slavan
4th Place: Terras
5th Place: Knightstalker

Also, here's the order of the stops again, so we don't forget where we are :

Stop 1) Bastion (the Imperial homeworld) - Done
Objective: Grab a wingnut from a Super Star Destroyer (and the Jedi Fire doesn't count).

Stop 2) Ithor - Done
Objective: Get a strip of bark from an Baffor Tree.

Stop 3) Corellia - Done
Objective: Snag a bottle of vintage Corellian Whiskey.

Stop 4) Endor - Done
Objective: Survive a night camping in the area said to be haunted be the Bland Twitch Ewok.

Stop 5) Tatooine - Current
Objective: Snag a Krayt Dragon Pearl

Stop 6) Ryloth
Objective: Get a holovid of a clan cheiftain's daughter doing an exotic dance.

Stop 7) Dagobah
Objective: Snag a knick-knack from Yoda's hut.

Stop 8) Hapes
Objective: Get a holorecording of you and the Queen Mother. What goes in the holorecording I leave up to you.

Stop 9) Yavin IV
Objective: Get a holorecording of you and Kyp Durron. What you do to him is again, up to you.

Stop 10) Zaphod
Objective: Be announced the winner, and collect your prize as listed below ...

Grand Prize: The Ever-Full Mug of Lokar Punch (still unawarded after two prior races).

2nd Place: A one-week all-expenses paid trip for two people to the famous (or infamous) Rogue Moulin resort on the planet Zeltros (aka hedonism central)

3rd Place: A 1 year supply of Sparky! Cola. For those concerned, this is the non-diet version.

Boobie Prize (i.e. Last Place): A consolation kiss from Lina Inverse.

Jeez, now that I've recapped that, I realize that we haven't even finished half the race yet, and we're already down to 5 possible contenders. How much thinner can the ranks get?

Ris
1 April 2005, 02:39 AM
Yes, I'll be posting this weekend. Via AIM earlier in the week, Dono told me I had until the 4th.

KnightStalker
1 April 2005, 05:38 PM
Hey folks, check this out, they found water on Mars:

Astronomy photos (http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap050401.html)

Vanger Chevane
2 April 2005, 08:35 PM
I've been really stressed this past mmonth or so tween my car having a mysterious & very expensive malfunction, and getting tapped for Jury Duty twice in 8 days.

Still have to go in to be formally kicked out Tuesday, but I now have a nice 96 Accord LX to get there & things have at least somewhat returned to Abnormal. :P

dragonseye
4 April 2005, 07:52 AM
Ugg, the past week and a half has been a doozy. I had to help SIL move once again (that's something like five times now in the past four years.) You guys really don't want to know what her old apartment was like. I'm still having nightmares about it.

Then I got the cold of doom the night we're finally done helping the SIL. So I've spent nearly a week getting rid of that as well.

And then there was Saturday. We went to see Sin City- Hubby said it was ok, our friend liked it while I really disliked it. You could tell Terrentino had his grubby mits in the directing of it. Personally, I found the story uninteresting and extremely predictable, the characters annoying for the most part, and the fact that they seemed more interested in shocking you with blood and guts than focusing on good acting and a good story. I understand they stuck to the graphic novels pretty well, but based on the movie, I have absolutely no interest in reading them. Also, I found the black and white with hints of color poorly implemented- most of the actors you could tell were having serious difficulties imagining themselves in the scenes unlike Sky Captain where the actors did a superb job of working with the green screens. The technique was similar for the two movies, but Sky Captain did a much better job of implementing it. Only good thing about the movie was another trailer for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

On the way home from Borders that afternoon, we were chased down by a canadian goose. It left us alone when we went into Borders, but when we went back to the car it started to hiss at us. Then the Hubby started the car, and the silly creature decided to charge us. We had to try three times before we finally got the goose to move far enough that we could get out of the parking space without hiting it. The Hubby said he looked in the rear view mirror and saw it hunkering down to chase after us, it's mouth wide open and hissing. So, yes, we lost a battle against a goose, at least in its eyes we did.:D

KnightStalker,

That's great. :D

Vanger Chevane,

Wow, sounds like almost all of us have had to get a new car. Ugg, I know how the jury duty thing goes. I got selected to come in the week before Thanksgiving, so every single person was going to have to go down to the court rooms. I narrowly lucked out of having to go down there because the guy plead guilty to the judge a half hour before we were supposed to go.

Donovan Morningfire
4 April 2005, 04:31 PM
dragonseye,
Well, I guess we just have to disagree on Sin City. I loved it, but then I've always been a fan of Frank Miller's work, and I don't think Tarantino had that much to do with most of the film. I've read a couple of the comics a while back, and the movie did them justice. I thought the acting for a noir-type film was fairly good. I saw an interview with Robert Rodreguiz where he said the goal was to transfer the comic to the big screen, and I think he and Miller did a great job. The level of violence was a bit much, especially during the "Dame to Die For" segment, but it fit the character to a T.

Ris,
I don't see a race post here. Better hurry it up, Lil Mis Rissy :rolleyes:

dragonseye
5 April 2005, 09:04 AM
Ris,

LOL Yup, deffinitely Monty Python, most deffinitely. Ack, now I need to come up with something.

Dono,

Yup, I think I've just grown somewhat bored of the American comic adapations. Some of them I've really enjoyed, but others I've foudn little to no interest in. I also really dislaiked Kill Bill, which seems to me to be a movie along the same wavelength as Sin City. I might of liked it more if they didn't condense all of the gn's into a single 2.25 hours of a movie. Oh well. :)

Malkarris
5 April 2005, 10:24 AM
Hey, I'm back. Well, been back for a bit but first chance to post. Hmm, interesting about Sin City. I was wondering about going or just waiting to rent it, or see it at all. Hmmm. I'll have to think some more, but thanks for the opinions.

And nice post Ris. Very nice, though I have to say I'm a sucker for Monty Python.

Sounds like everyone's busy right now with things. And I know what you went through dragonseye. Geese can get really bad tempered. School just started up again for me. And the next break I'll get will be next August. I hate this schedule. Ah well.

Oh, and I don't have a new car, just to break the chain. Actually, I don't even drive.

Ris
6 April 2005, 06:18 PM
Greater love hath no hubby than to dictate Monty Python skits from memory to his wife, I guess. Now what do I do for an encore--besides find a new use for uber-gloo as Vanger has informed me I must?

As a couple of you know, Hubby & I did Ep. 3 toy release events at a Wally-World in costume. Here's one of him a & Stormtrooper pal shopping--the store manager gave the 501st members who did the midnight release first crack at the new goodies.
Imperial Shopping Trip (http://www.501st.com/offduty/offduty.htm)

My Hubby's costume is an Imp Officer variant that was only seen in the Detention Block scenes in Ep. 4. It's usually identified as Imperial Intelligence.

KnightStalker
6 April 2005, 08:14 PM
Weel, I for one will have a post ready to go when my turn arrives, plus I've already got my Ubergloo(tm) moment planned out. :D :P

Donovan Morningfire
7 April 2005, 03:32 PM
Nice post Ris. And nice picture as well. Wonder if the Stormtrooper should be buying a few less toys and instead investing in window cleaner for the visor and cleaning equipment for his blaster? :D

KnightStalker
7 April 2005, 07:03 PM
Am I seeing things, or does that Stormtrooper have a woman's purse in his cart? What'd he do, mug an old lady on the way to Wally-World? :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
7 April 2005, 08:41 PM
Caption:

"Now featured on the Imperial Shopping Channel....."

Ris
8 April 2005, 02:38 AM
That purse belongs to the TIE pilot! :D

Vanger Chevane
8 April 2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by KnightStalker
Am I seeing things, or does that Stormtrooper have a woman's purse in his cart? What'd he do, mug an old lady on the way to Wally-World? :P
Hey now! Just because it's a Satchel Charge doesn't mean it can't be somewhat fashionable...

Less chance of someone trying to defuse it this way. :P

Donovan Morningfire
8 April 2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane

Hey now! Just because it's a Satchel Charge doesn't mean it can't be somewhat fashionable...

Less chance of someone trying to defuse it this way. :P
LMAO!

Would that fall under the Imperial Armed Forces' "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy? (I think the Rebel's have a "Our need for troops is far greater than our need to know or care!")

Slavan K. Guiser
10 April 2005, 02:13 PM

Would that fall under the Imperial Armed Forces' "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy? (I think the Rebel's have a "Our need for troops is far greater than our need to know or care!")

LMAO! That's really funny about the rebels, Dono. Man, I've been gone for a while. I managed to pick up a job a couple weeks ago and things haven't been the same since. Thank heavens. Get to pick up my first paycheck this week. ^_^

Heheh, Ris, quite the funny post and quite the funny pictures. Hrmmmm, Dragonseye goes next in the race, and then me. Maybe I should take some time to write up something right fast.....

Donovan Morningfire
10 April 2005, 02:52 PM

LMAO! That's really funny about the rebels, Dono. Man, I've been gone for a while. I managed to pick up a job a couple weeks ago and things haven't been the same since. Thank heavens. Get to pick up my first paycheck this week. ^_^

Heheh, Ris, quite the funny post and quite the funny pictures. Hrmmmm, Dragonseye goes next in the race, and then me. Maybe I should take some time to write up something right fast.....
Yeah, it's amazing how quickly a job can suck up your free time :D Trust me, I speak from experience on this.

Malkarris
10 April 2005, 03:20 PM
:snickers: I can see the Rebel recruitment posters now. "We'll take ANYONE."

Heh. School sucks up free time too, but you don't get paid for school. They should, would make it much more popular.

Donovan Morningfire
11 April 2005, 02:11 PM
:snickers: I can see the Rebel recruitment posters now. "We'll take ANYONE!"

With a small disclaimer at the bottom reading:
"Due to the Alliance's need for highly-skilled and highly-motivated personell, you will not be able to retire for medical reasons until you've been dead for at least three years."

BTW Slavan, you're up. You've got until the 24th to get your post up.

Vanger Chevane
11 April 2005, 02:50 PM
LMAO!

LOL Wouldn't know offhand, but the Rebel Policy seems to be more of "We really don't care as long as the job gets done."

Having Upstanding Citizens Who Know They're Watched trying to do what's right would make Lost & Found a Punishment Detail and come with Hazard Pay. :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 April 2005, 11:36 PM
now here's something different (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/skynet107/stbabe.jpg) I duno, what do ya think? The Empire's moral booster? Or the Section31: Special Ops unit? :p

Ris
15 April 2005, 02:39 AM
It's called "fem-armor," TJ, & that set is rather modest. The ones I've usually seen are "bikini-bottom," rather than the standard thigh, lower abdomen, & backside of this set. I know a couple of women who have that type, along with standard stormtrooper costume. I don't have time right now to find links to pics, but I'll edit if I can find some later.

But from the reactions I've seen my pals get when they wear fem-armor, I'd guess it's more of a morale booster than a moral booster.8o

Donovan Morningfire
15 April 2005, 12:53 PM
Well, from the way Dantris has been described, that's one type of storm trooper that he'd having no problems from. And if people thought the Donovan in my fan-fics had a high Charisma, he's nothing compared to Dantris.

And though fem-troopers might be a morale booster, I can't imagine the combat effectivness of high-heels. Something like that would probably make fem-troopers more suited to high-publicity functions than field combat.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 April 2005, 02:51 PM
thats Neato to know! well, its the first time i ever saw a pair- err set of fem-armor ;)

Hmmm, why's my mind thinkin the idea of morale boosting trooper garison entertainment would consist of a propped stage and a troupe of these fem-armors dancin the can-can? :D

Can't argue about Dantriss. Couple more like him and if most of the empire's stormie legions were fem-troopers, i think the war may have gone a bit differently... Lol, this gets me thinkin of doing an 'infinities' campaign for that specific 'what-if' :D

On that train of thought, I wonder if theres any red/black royal gaurd fem armors? Now that'd be wicked, specially if they had whips fastened to their belts. Emperor's Royal Dominat- err Royal Fem Gaurds anyone? :D

Ris
15 April 2005, 04:17 PM
Fem Troopers (http://fl501st.com/photo/displayimage.php?album=173&pos=11)

OK, dear "gentlemen," to satisfy your "curiosity," the above is a link to a photo of my 2 friends in their fem-armor. Who wants me to pass on your idea for making the Royal Guards co-ed?

Incidentally, the brunette morale-booster also has a very accurate slave-Leia costume.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
15 April 2005, 04:43 PM
Well, send my compliments they're both "great looking" in fem-armor ;) I could imagine the Imp Trooper Locker inner doors having pin-ups and calanders of such type ;)

By all means Ris, do pass on that comment regarding Royal Gaurds idea ;) Probably wouldnt hurt to have a coiled whip fastened to their utility belts :)

Donovan Morningfire
16 April 2005, 06:51 AM
Ease up there Terras, before I have to break out the firehose to cool those raging hormones :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
16 April 2005, 11:21 AM
Firehose huh? :D Now that summer's here, i say- bring it on good buddy! :)

Lol, I think I over did it with them smilies. They're sooo addictive.

Speakin of water fights. I remember back to one year in highschool. There was a planned waterfight for the school's lunch hour. Anyways, our art teacher was the one who always dressed in suit or casual dress pants, white shirt, tie, and a wooly sweater of sorts over it all the time even in summer. usually a tan or light brown with muted dark blues, greens, reds. Well, needlessly to say, he ventured out from the safety of the school confines and out onto the tarmack. He was heading back to the doors when I grabbed a full 5 gallon bucket, ran up behind him and drenched him fully. As I said it back then- Hey, anyone who steps out onto the tarmack is fair game. the teacher was usually fairly mellow or easy going so it was cool- least he took it in good stride. I think everyone had a good chuckle about it for the rest of the week.

Well, i've just made myself a cup of Earl Grey, since I bought from my favorite local bookstore's bistro- the fresh loose leafed tea , about 800g of it... The perfumey aroma / fragrence from it is so heavenly, it usually mellows me out. The taste is out of this world too. :)

As I said to Ris, we've nothing like that even remotely out here in this prarie provinve middle of noweheres. theres a canadian 501st in ontario but thats a few days car trip or pricey airline ticket. There arent no conventions of sci-fi type, nor any club / groups of sci-fi origin - well, theres the astronomy club that goes star gazing with a bunch of telescopes - more of a scientific oriented club. We've only the Home & Garden show i spring, Dragons Rod & Custom Car show early-mid summer. The fair/ exhibition week with carnival rides mid summer. then the Crafts & Antiques Hobby market thing in the fall for 3 days.

Quite simply, you guys are quite lucky. Should fly out there for vacation over the winter months one of these years, soon as i can afford it. :)

Btw, KS is makin a custom Mandalorian suit of his own. Though you'll have to get the details from him- its his little project and its not fair of me to spoil it ;) All I can say the color scheme is black armor plates with royal blue trimming and dark blue suit underfabric.

KnightStalker
16 April 2005, 07:41 PM
Nice pics there Ris. It's obvious that the Imp Recruiting Centers would want posters of the female troopers to adorn their walls to give us guys plenty of incentive to sign up, but there's no chance of a snowball on Tatooine that we'd end up in the same squad with them. :P

Yes, it's true, I'm working on my own custom suit of Mandalorian armor, but I won't have pictures of it available until after I've finished work on it.

Slavan K. Guiser
17 April 2005, 05:01 PM
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Fem-trooper Armor. *Nosebleeds.* I mean, ummmmm, those two troopers look absolutely loyal to the Emperor. That's actually really cool Ris, and yes, agreeing with Terras, they are both very good looking.

Anyway, post is up. Have at ye. Enjoy. ^_^ Thank you Boy Scouts of America for giving me the opportunity to be on staff so I could learn an endless supply of silly skits to use as post fodder.

Malkarris
18 April 2005, 05:26 PM
:snicker: Of course, this does bring up an interesting question. Twi'leks have long been held to be the pin-ups of the Star Wars Galaxy (if anyone here played X-Wing: Alliance, one oft he NPCs had one on the side of his ship). Now there are these fem troopers. So the question is which one would soldiers have pin-ups of? Or do you think it would depend on which side they were on?

And nice post Slavan. :snicker: Some people just can't win, can they?

Donovan Morningfire
19 April 2005, 01:05 PM
:snicker: Of course, this does bring up an interesting question. Twi'leks have long been held to be the pin-ups of the Star Wars Galaxy (if anyone here played X-Wing: Alliance, one oft he NPCs had one on the side of his ship). Now there are these fem troopers. So the question is which one would soldiers have pin-ups of? Or do you think it would depend on which side they were on?

And nice post Slavan. :snicker: Some people just can't win, can they?
I'd imagine that the Twi'lek female would be the overall favorite, if only for the exoticness and general perception of the gender by the galactic community. But that said, I'm sure that many COMPNOR grads would take the Human in fem-armor over some alien trollop any day of the week.

Then again, neither of them would hold a candle to a Zeltron ;) :hansolo:

KnightStalker
19 April 2005, 08:11 PM
Well, as far as pinups go, my character in the race, Criss, would have pinups of Twi'lek, human, and Zeltron women in his shipboard locker, but he'd be at the risk of getting his eyes clawed out by a certain angry Farghul lady that he travels the galaxy with. :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
19 April 2005, 09:16 PM
heheheh, you and me both KS....

While you'd think TJ would be able to have pin-ups of Twi's or zeltrons no less in his locker or room walls... but well, a certain Twi just wouldn't allow it either... well, unless they were of here... But then again, with someone like her, who needs pinups right? :D

Slavan K. Guiser
22 April 2005, 04:11 PM
Okay, so at the risk of being a n00b, I have no idea what a Zeltron is. Anyone wanna link me to a picture or a description maybe?
Btw, Happy Earth Day all. And thanks for the positive comments on the post. Hopefully, it should land me back in first place again.

KnightStalker
22 April 2005, 07:52 PM
Sure, Slavan, here ya go, some Zeltron pics located over at SWAG :

Karma (http://www.swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=1503&screen=0&action=search&keyword=Zeltron&date=&type=search)

Zeltron lady (http://www.swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=1919&screen=0&action=search&keyword=Zeltron&date=&type=search)

gunslinger (http://www.swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=1834&screen=0&action=search&keyword=Zeltron&date=&type=search)

scoundrel (http://www.swagonline.net/view.php?photo_id=636&screen=0&action=search&keyword=Zeltron&date=&type=search)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 April 2005, 11:43 PM
{slaps both hands on sides of face}
OMG! 8o Slavan... You don't know what a Zeltron is??? Well, sit down my good friend, and recieve further enlightenment ;)

Umm yeah, they're the galaxies official party animal central. They'll throw week-long party bashes for anything, and i mean for any excuse. Its hedonism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonism) central too... Their race puts University frat houses to shame :P

Ohyeah, they've also got these pheremones, which induces *good* err happy, um yeah, happy behavoir. I'm not sure if they're naturally imune to alcohol or its effects arn't as effective or ... who knows... A room full of Zeltrons, kegs and racks of wine bottles & champagne glasses, its certainly happy happy times ;)

If Austin Powers was in the SW Universe, its quite certain he'd be a Zelros... "Yeah baby Yeah!" :D

Y'know, I love Twi'leks but Zeltrons do come as a close second... :D (well, unless maybe human but with permenant residence on Zeltros)

Some extra net information via CUSWE
- Species - Zeltron (http://theforce.net/swenc/entrydesc.asp?search=30385)
- Zeltronian Spiced Wine (http://theforce.net/swenc/entrydesc.asp?search=29053)
- Planet Zeltros (http://theforce.net/swenc/entrydesc.asp?search=34146)
- Essence of Zeltros (http://theforce.net/swenc/entrydesc.asp?search=43012)

And of course, courtosy of WotC's Planet Hoppers segments, Zeltros - Pleasure Planet (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20040105zeltros)

Enjoy ;)

Ris
23 April 2005, 04:55 AM
<sigh> Where are all the sexy, sweet Twi'lek guys? If there are any, they must be comfined to Ryloth for the exclusive enjoyment of the Twi'lek females.
All I'd have are posters of a couple Jedi Hunks, Dono & Dani (NNTBS versions). No exotic species with the Party-hearty or Sex Appeal SQ's. On the other hand, the posters would be impressive, very impressive. <dreamy smile> Martial poses, maybe facing off as if sparring. They'd be sans robes & tunics, to show off the nicley sculpted upper-body musculature that devotion to the Lightside earns a guy. And they'd be wearing their respective charming smiles (+10 Circumstance bonus on Affect Mind rolls vs. females). In comparison, the shirtless guys on the covers of romance novels would look like 98 lb Weaklings(C). So, who, like, needs non-human hunks w/ pheromones? Not Moi.

Donovan Morningfire
23 April 2005, 02:57 PM
Sorry Ris, but I think you're in the minority here.

So Slaven, are you considering a trade in on Misato for a nice, fun-loving Zeltron :D :D :D

Slavan K. Guiser
23 April 2005, 11:49 PM
Trade Misato for a Zeltron? For some odd reason, I think not. Now, maybe for something that has kitty ears and a tail........Especially if it's Misato with the kitty ears and tail. Rowr..........

And Ris, some of us like the best of both worlds. Thank you, George Lucas, for a female Twi'lek Jedi. ^_^ Now if only we'd get some nice "musculature" shots of the upper body to enjoy too.

Just out of randomness, my RPG group started coming up with some "How many [blank] does it take to screw in a lightbulb jokes." Here's some of the ones we came up with.

How many Rebels does it take to screw a lightbulb?
One, but 70 Bothans died to bring him the lightbulb.

How many Grand Moffs does it take?
One, and the universe revolves around him.

How many Corellians does it take?
13. 1 to hold the lightbulb, and 12 to drink until the room spins.

How many Jawas does it take?
Nobody can tell, they all scatter when you turn on the light!

How many Hutts does it take?
Two, one to tell the Weequay to do it, and one to take all the profits from selling the old one.

Can anyone else think of any more to add to the list?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
24 April 2005, 01:39 AM
Lol, Slavan ;)

How many Zeltrons does it take?
1 to actually screw in the lightbulb, and a room full to celebrate the occasion! :D

I don't blame ya. Probably same reason i'd still choose Twi'lek if given a choice...

Zeltrons are great and all, but would they make great and loyal companions? Hedonism is in their nature, would they eventually grow tired of having 'just you' ? I'm sure you could always add a second Zeltron without any complaints, but even a guy's got his limits ya know? Could you trust them when out of your sight at the space port? Dunno, suppose it depends how good you woo one and she's totally smitten with you ;)

Ehh, I dunno... Twi'leks dont have those same party-lusts in their culture or blood. Unfortunately for the female population, they're subject to being sold into slavery, so for those indentured its a way of life to dance for their hosts. Find and set free a Twi'lek slave and your likely to have alot more going for you in the longrun.

In the short run? A Twi'lek would be nice. A Zeltron would be great. Add a second Zeltron a bit later on may be required. In the long-run? a Twi'lek... ;)

But depending on one's own perspective, having 5 zeltron wives may not always be a bad thing either ;) (but then again, those 5 wives may have in turn several other husbands each :P - if taking the information from planet hoppers about non-monogamy, which would make them very similar to Dr. Phlox's race/culture in ST:Enterprise)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
24 April 2005, 11:36 PM
looks like i'm up next huh? well, i'll try to peice something together in the fashionable time alloted...

been kinda busy with farm yard work and such, and been geeting back late at night, then browsing and taking care of the few other rpg games as needed. ;)

kinda got a few ideas, but how to link/peice them together y'know?

Donovan Morningfire
26 April 2005, 03:20 PM
Kinda back to the raging hormones topic of not long ago ...

http://www.shannonmcrandle.com/gallery_mara.htm#

Hey, if she's good enough for Luke Skywalker, then she has to be doing something right :D

(and I've no doubt Ris is gonna chew me out big time for posting that link)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
26 April 2005, 08:57 PM
*pats Dono on the backside* Aww, c'mon join the club Dono ;) thers nothing wrong in having a healthy interest in something, at least admiration for :)

When yer in yer teens, its called raging hormones. when you hit past twenty its called testosterone & guy topics. Suffice to say, i'm somewhers between 20 & 30, so... ;) IMHO,

I say its far tamer than being with a bunch of guys on guys night out and goin to the local hooters bar (or more exotic bar) or doin the all-day sunday football living-room thing with the brewski's and pretzels with religeous ritual and hoootin & cheerin like guys do at the tv ;)

Btw, nice find! I didnt know which person who was being role-modeled as Mara Jade (as Angelina Jolie is for Lara Croft)

Malkarris
28 April 2005, 08:36 AM
Well, Ris might also just retaliate by posting links for hunky Star Wars guys. Sort of speaking of which Ris, there are very few pictures of good looking Twi'Lek guys. The only other theory about where they all are besides yours I've hear is that there are none, which is why most Twi'Lek females seem to end up with males of other species.

By the way Slavan, did you come up with some like these?

How many Sith does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Two. One to do it, and the other to kill him and take the credit for his master.

Either that or:
Two. Always two there are.

How many ISB agents does it take?
None, they're too busy questioning the last person who installed it for Rebel leanings.

Slavan K. Guiser
28 April 2005, 09:31 AM
*Laughs.* Not quite. But, yes, something like those, Malkarris. I thought the entire idea of Lightbulb jokes in the SW Universe are pretty great. There's just so many possibilties. Most of them involving either side of the war. Just a lot of good humor.

And Twi'lek guys just aren't hunky. Period. They usually end up getting pretty darn pudgy the higher up they are. It's amazing Bib Fortuna was so small, considering his power in Jabba's organization. That, and Twi'leks just aren't known for the male of the species.

Vanger Chevane
28 April 2005, 02:43 PM
*Laughs.* Not quite. But, yes, something like those, Malkarris. I thought the entire idea of Lightbulb jokes in the SW Universe are pretty great. There's just so many possibilties. Most of them involving either side of the war. Just a lot of good humor.

And Twi'lek guys just aren't hunky. Period. They usually end up getting pretty darn pudgy the higher up they are. It's amazing Bib Fortuna was so small, considering his power in Jabba's organization. That, and Twi'leks just aren't known for the male of the species.
Apparently you've never heard of Tal'Dira from X-Wing: Bacta War.

Seriously, how many women do you know who drool over the huge, muscular "Pro Wrestlers" on the Idjit Box, regardles of how messed-up & ugly their head is? Tal'Dira is certainly descibed to fit this stereotype. ;)

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
28 April 2005, 06:32 PM
You're right Vanger, there's always going to be exceptions to the racial stereo-types, strong muscular Fabio / wrestler male Twi'leks just as there are less than perfect kinda 'slightly on the heavier side' to 'fairly hefty' twi'lek females. G.L's own daughter got to play as one in Ep2 Coruscant's bar and she definately wasn't the pole-dancer physique- and imho was still fairly good looking ;) (heavier builds does not mean ugly.)

Besides, there are Guards for each of the Twi'lek house clans, and i dont think they're the scrawny slim types :p

Hmm, wasn't there at least one or two male Twi's that'd fit Ris's descriptions over at swag?

KnightStalker
30 April 2005, 06:02 PM
Well, tomorrow I'm gonna go see Hitchhiker's, since some of the first 2-day's worth of crowds will be past, I've also re-read the first 3 books of the 5-book "trilogy" so far, just 2 books and the Young Zaphod bonus story to go. :P

I've also been going over my work-in-progress race post so I can get it posted shortly after Terras posts his. I see no reason to wait until somebody gets a post up and then put off getting a post up until the deadline has almost (or has indeed) passed. I figure the sooner I get mine ready to post, the quicker we can move on to the next leg of the race.

After all, it won't hurt for us to pick up the pace, now, will it? :P

Edit : Okay, I didn't make it to see Hitchhiker's this weekend since I had something else pop up and kill my plans, so I'll try again to see it next weekend.

Slavan K. Guiser
2 May 2005, 02:10 PM
Ahhh.....Hitchhiker's Guide. Been there and seen it twice. Opening day with Guy Friends (hey, it was RPG night anyway!) and Saturday with the Girlfriend. I thought it was a great movie. There's just some mind-blowingly beautiful CG in the entire thing. And some just hilarious visuals. If you thought the trailer showed the funny parts, well, that's correct, it showed some of them. There's just soooo many others that it really was hilarious. Enjoyable, thoroughly enjoyable. If Lucas manages to create a show as good, well, this month surely is quite the treat for Sci-fi fans.

As for posting. I think I agree. I wasn't quite at the end of my two weeks, but I'm trying to hit them a little bit faster.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 May 2005, 05:50 PM
well, had ukranian easter sunday supper with family. was busy the weekend grocery runs and cleanup.

also got hit with that lousy virus - the one that saps all your enrtgy and u feel totaly wasted. was shy of passing out today. npt sure how much posting i'l; be doing in the next few days. gotta let it run its thing. maybe read book or wath tv for next while. all depens how i;nm feelin.

later.

KnightStalker
2 May 2005, 05:56 PM
I was thinking 'bout my plans for making the 9+ hour overnight drive out to Denver to visit Vanger & go to the Denver Kunicon over that weekend in June, as well as my plans for attending AX05/Robocon 20 out in Cali the first week of July when a though struck me.

I know that I'll be seeing many of my RT.com cohorts out there, but I'm now curious just which voice actors for the upcoming new Robotech series will be in attendance.

I dunno how many of you guys & gals are fans of Robotech, but there is some news out now regarding the new show that should pique your interest.

Both SW Alumni Mark Hamill and Chase Masterson (of Star Trek DS9 fame) are doing voicework for the new show, and Chase will be singing as well. :D

EDIT : Dang, Terras, I hope ya recover quickly. Take care of yerself, man.[

Donovan Morningfire
3 May 2005, 03:17 PM
Hate to say this, but Terras' two weeks from when Slavin posted have come and gone.

Terras, I hope you get better soon. I've had that kind of bug before, and know from experience it ain't fun. If you can get a post up before the end of the month, I won't hold the missed deadline against you.

KnightStalker, you're now at bat. And dragonseye, I'm still waiting for a post from you.

KnightStalker
3 May 2005, 10:11 PM
Okay, my post is up, got the typos edited out, fixed any tags I missed, and spliced in an offsite Smirkie{tm} that's residing on mine & Vanger's site.

Enjoy. :D

Donovan Morningfire
9 May 2005, 01:08 PM
Well, KnightStalker got his post up faster than I thought he would.

Terras and dragonseye, I can give you untl the 21st to get racing posts up before I move onto the next leg of the race on the 22nd.

Which according to my handy-dandy cheat sheet would be Ryloth for a holovid of a clan chieftan's daughter doing an exotic dance. :hansolo:

Vanger Chevane
9 May 2005, 01:31 PM
Well, we pretty much wrote it up a week or three ahead of time when the inspiration struck, and KS wanted to keep the race moving along.

Muses tend to be pretty impatient. :P

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
9 May 2005, 09:01 PM
So theres me, so who's missy? ;) (sorry, hadn't been keeping current with the last few posts lately)

I should have something before that deadline. a 1/3 of its kinda just sitting there since before last week when i had begun on it before my deadline...

inspiration-wise, i've had some ideas, though i think i'll have to do a little bit of thinking and try to keep this one fairly on the short side and just get it posted ;)

No surprise Ryloth stop has also entertained my mind for some time too, so thats one major motivator i have to meet this month's deadline.

With this virus thing, i seriously wish i had a regular sore throat. getting up each morning feeling exhausted as if ya had run a marathon, where there's exhaustion felt in every joint. I'm seeming to be able to spend more evenings at the computer the last few days, having tired of and watched more TV in this last week than i had in all 4 months combined...

Malkarris
9 May 2005, 09:42 PM
Ouch, sounds bad. Hope you get over it soon, though if it's been going on this long, maybe you should see a doctor? Pardon me if I'm butting where I'm not wanted.

Nice post Knightstalker, another Hitchhicker's fan I see. But where is your towel? Hmm, anyway, about Robotech, do you know if Chase Masterson can sing? Hmmm. Hopefully it will be good.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
10 May 2005, 12:43 AM
Don't worry Malk, I've been checked into the hospital emergency last monday for several hours. results came back fine. They figured it was the virus that has yet to be named. Seen Doc today, same thing, and come back end of the week for another checkup.

Oh, as for Chase Masterson (that hottie Dabo girl / became Rom's Wife on ST: DS9... May I kindly direct you to Chase Masterson - Thrill of the Chase (http://www.chaseclub.com/cd) - there music clips you can try.

I like some of the songs anyways even though i'm not much of a Diana Krall or Norah Jones music type. Sadly, of all the songs presented, i'm kinda surprised she didnt rendition 'Fly me to the moon' which fits in this category, and that i happen to like that song ;) I do like her voice, it has that classy 1930's nightclub damsel feel to it. Being her album is this style of music, my curiosity is piqued as to how well and what sorts of music she'll be singing for Robotech.

Btw, skim back a couple letters to the root site: http://www.chaseclub.com/ which is her official fan-club site.

Vanger Chevane
10 May 2005, 02:38 PM
Nice post Knightstalker, another Hitchhicker's fan I see. But where is your towel?
Keep a synthetic Chamois in the Cruiser, can do double-duty as a Towel if the roll of paper ones won't. Just haven't been able to load em with Wheat Germ & Antidepressants yet. :P

KnightStalker
10 May 2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane

Keep a synthetic Chamois in the Cruiser, can do double-duty as a Towel if the roll of paper ones won't. Just haven't been able to load em with Wheat Germ & Antidepressants yet. :P

LOL! Good one Vanger.

To be honest, Criss & Lynnori's towels are safely on the Misfit II, in the ship's refresher, where they'd be typically found.

As for Chase's singing, yup, she's got a good voice, and she is indeed singing for the new Robotech : Shadow Chronicles as the Janice Em character.

Mark Hamill should be good on the show as the new character Commander Taylor. I'm just kinda curious if they're gonna be attending Anime Expo 2005 or Robocon 20 as this is the 20th Anniversary for Robotech.

dragonseye
11 May 2005, 07:25 AM
Sorry I've been away for so long. :o Been dealing with a bunch of insanely busy life dealings. One of them being that the hubby and I just adopted a cat from the local animal shelter. The poor thing contracted an upper respratory infection this weekend due to all the stress of moving. I'll post some pictures of her at a later time when she's feeling better- otherwise you'd be getting pictures of a runny nosed cat. :P

I'll kick myself into gear and make a post, but if you want to get the race going Dono, I can wait until the next leg of the race to make my post a combined one for the two legs of the race. That way I'm not holding people up any longer than needed. (Oh, and Don was referring to me when he mentioned Missy.;))

Ris,

Sorry, but our comic shop apparently doesn't sell any of the SW mini figures loose. So no Wedge from that store. But I'll keep my eye out for one.

Donovan Morningfire
11 May 2005, 12:40 PM
Terras,
I'm glad you're starting to feel better. And yeah, there's only so much TV you can bear to watch when everyone is pretty much shoveling out the same crap in different packaging. Kinda makes you want to track down the nimrods that started the whole "reality show" craze and commit unspeakable atrocities upon them.

dragonseye,
A big fat hairy "D'oh!" about dragging the other you into this sordid mess. I hope your cat is feeling better soon, as well as good for you for adopting from an animal shelter. As far as getting the race going, the deadline I posted is as much for me as it is for you and Terras, since work has had be pretty swamped of late (today seemed to be the exception).

Ris,
Check your PM, as there's some news I'm sure you'll appreciate, especially given recent real-life situations.

Ris
11 May 2005, 02:50 PM
Dragonseye, hope your kitty feels better soon--the Sith Twins will want to see pics. Actually, it wasn't Wedge Antilles, but Raymus Antilles--the ill-fated Captain of Leia's consular ship Tantive IV in Ep. IV. He was choked by Vader in the first few minutes of the movie. (The fig is actually the Ep. 3 version of the guy, but I don't want to say what little I haven't been able to avoid finding out about what he's doing in thaat one).

And for the record, the content of Dono's PM did please Moi.

dragonseye
12 May 2005, 07:29 AM
Don,

Alrighty, I'll see what inspires me this weekend. Who knows, maybe I'll something really silly in Chicago this weekend when we visit Mitsuwa. Actually, I'm almost certain I will 'cause I think the anime con is being held this weekend. There's bound to be a bunch of goofs dressed up in bad costumes acting like complete idiots there. :P

Ris,

D'oh. Well, I'll keep an eye out for that one. Who knows, we might luck out. Unless Don was able to find one for you.

And the kitty is doing better. She just doesn't appreciate the medicine we have to give twice daily, but thakfully, she forgets about it rather quickly. We've also discovered that she loves drinking out of our bathroom faucets. If you so much as look at a bathroom, she runs to the room and jumps into the sink.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 May 2005, 12:03 PM
Dragonseye-
Lol! hope you dont mind that, its one of the cat's quirks or personality traits. the housecat at the farm does that too. somehow he just knows your heading for the b-room even if he's in another room :P Can be cute but anoying, when you need to wash your hands, his face is right in there.

As for my tuxedo cat Mishka, (i'm pretty sure i linked a bunch of pics of her here before)...

Sometimes she'll follow you into the bathroom, (we've got the cat litter in there too) she'll do her business while you do yours. Or if your in the bathroom, there will be a scratching on the door, meaning she wants in. More often than not, soon as you reach over open the door slightly to let her in and close it. She'll not do anything but want out. She does this for bedroom doors also.

As for medicine, it must be the taste of the medicine he hates. For mishka we give her this hairball remedy once a week, like a toothpase tube of this brown molasis like goop. the first brand we tried we had to wrap her up and make her lick it off the finger. The second brand we tried called Laxitone, she honestly jumps up right into my lap before i can even get a small amount onto the finger and she's already goin for it ;)

Oh the fun times you'll have learning your cat's quirks and behaviors, likes and dislikes ;)

Suffice to say, i've always had a cat since from kindergarten. lots of fun notes to compare. They really are lovable little bundles of joy (most of the time that is) :)

On a side note, I think i'm making good progress on the race post, as the days are counting down.

dragonseye
14 May 2005, 04:31 PM
Ok, maybe some of you can help me on this. I'm trying to help the Hubby find a particular Episode 3 figure- it's the super poseable Clone Trooper #41 in the collection. Is this one out for widespread release yet, or have only a couple stores set it out as of yet? We've gone through six stores so far trying to find it (and of course there's an ebayer guy that we're stuck competing against in the area. He's the reason there's no Target Exclusive Clone Trooper available. He bought and sold at least 15 of them on ebay so far, each at $30 USD a piece when he's only payed $5.25 USD per figure. Only know this 'cause the Hubby buys vintage transformers from his store and he mentioned it to the Hubby.)

I'm really just looking for info on these now 'cause I didn't really pay attention to the action figures when they first came out:)

Terras,

Yup, the kitty is one heck of a little nut. I swear she's got a mini singularity for a stomache. :P But she's a real sweetheart.

Ris
18 May 2005, 01:25 PM
Hey all, Verizon DSL is down in my area til at least tomorrow, so I won't be able to post til then--only have a fewminutes on the library's computer. :(

That's why I disappeared yesterday, Dragonseye. Sorry

Donovan Morningfire
18 May 2005, 01:35 PM
Well, in little more than 6 hours from now, I'll be watching Revenge of the Sith. Though I confess a part of me is kicking myself for buying tickets for a midnight showing. Ah well. I'll try to post some point tomorrow what I thought of the movie. Here's hoping we get a prequel flick that actually lives up to all the hype.

Ris,
Sorry to hear your DSL is kaputz. But by the time you're back online, we should be able to discuss RotS to our hearts' content :D

dragonseye,
That's the cool thing about cats as far as I'm concerned. They are all off their rockers, but most of them can be quite endearing.

Donovan Morningfire
19 May 2005, 06:09 AM
"We came, we saw, we kicked its @$$!"
- Dr. Peter Venkman, Ghostbusters

I think that goes a fair way to describe the awesomeness of Episode III. I for one think Lucas finally gave us the prequel film we've been waiting for since 1999.

Gots to go, as I've got another screening to see :D

dragonseye
19 May 2005, 07:58 AM
Ris,

Ugg, that bites. Leave it to Verizon to goof things up and not get it fixed for a few days. (We have them for phone service, and man do they suck. But they do have nicer phone jockies.) No probs though. I'm just glad to hear you're alright. :)

On my side of the comp thing, I killed our downstairs computer yesterday. Windows XP did an auot update that was going to install when I shut down. I go back dowstairs an hour and a half later and the comp is frozen in the restart section. Every option for starting doesn't work on it- freezes when it tries to load XP- so if the restore disk for XP doesn't work, it's gonna have to be reloaded. Which means there a bunch of torrents I'm going to have to redownload.

Don,

I tried to convine the Hubby to go to the midnight showing, and he prolly would of, but his boss already had today and tomorrow off. And since the hubby is the only other (and to be honest, primary tech service guy ) at his work, he couldn't take it off. So we're going out with a firend and our room mate on Monday afternoon. Not sure if I can wait that long, but at least I know it willl be well worth the wait. ^_^

Slavan K. Guiser
19 May 2005, 10:38 AM
Well, I managed to catch Episode III earlier this morning (and due to a friend of a friend who knew the manager at the local theatre got in an hour before the midnight showing. Literally the FIRST person in my town to sit down to watch it. ^_^) and well, you all know how it ends. I mean, it ends exactly how you think it does. Really. You all know the set-up for A New Hope.

As for how it gets to that ending: WOW WOW WOW HOLY FREAKING WOW WOW and once more WOW!!!!!!!! Absolutely beautiful graphics, INCREDIBLE lightsaber sequences, and some real heart-wrenchingly saddening scenes.

I do say this: This movie definitely earns its PG-13 rating. Those of you with kiddies, definitely go watch it first. It _is_ really dark.

All I have to say is: Execute Order 66.

Donovan Morningfire
20 May 2005, 02:22 PM
When Palpatine sent out his transmission, I could almost hear Commander Cody thinking, "And you couldn't have told me this before I gave Kenobi back his lightsaber?"

Now that the post-viewing euphoria as abated, I can take a more objective look at the movie, though I may have to go see it a couple more times. Strictly for research purposes, mind you ;)

But overall I think Revenge of the Sith went a long ways towards making amends to the general fan-base for having to sit through Phantom Menance and Attack of the Clones to get to the good stuff.

I really only have one complaint about the lightsaber battles in general, and the Obi-Wan vs. Vadakin specifically. The general complaint was that the shooting angles focused too much on the actors' faces and not enough on what they were doing. This is especially true for the Mustafar duel, which combined with the dim lighting detracted from what couuld have truly been an epic sword battle. I just can't help but feel that there are subtle tidbits in the lightsaber battles that we've missed due to not-so-great camera angles or bad lighting. But seeing Palpatine and Yoda playing Force Frisbee with the Senate hover pods was definitely fun to watch.

And is it just me, or was General Grievous turned into a villain only slightly better than Darth Maul? After seeing him the Clone Wars animated series, I was expecting GG to be a seriously bad dude. But it seemed all he did in EpIII was employ variations of "Scared Wuss Tactics" the moment things started to go awry. Another slight gripe is Palpatiine sounded like he was channeling the Joker the way he was cackling almost constantly, especially against Yoda.

I guess overall I'd have to give RotS 4.5 stars out of 5 stars. Much better than the other prequel films, but not quite perfect. Though the end resolution sequence tied everything together pretty well.

Edit: btw, I just got an e-mail from Ris. It seems their DSL connection is pretty much fried, and are considering swapping to a different service. Oh, and the entire family, Sith Twins and all, saw and loved Revenge of the Sith :D

Donovan Morningfire
23 May 2005, 03:25 PM
Okay, the 22nd has come and gone, so I'm gonna wrack my brains for a post and move one to the next segment. I've got a pretty solid handle on posting order, now I just need to brew up something remotely funny.

Btw, for those of use that have seen RotS (which should probably be all of us by now), I can't recommend the novelization enough. Matt Stover does a wonderful job of showing us what's going inside the main character's heads, especially Anakin's, and overall adds a lot more depth to what we see in the movie, as well as giving the reader the skinny on the on the formation of the Rebel Alliance (footage that was cut from the film itself).

Malkarris
23 May 2005, 03:34 PM
Actually, not all of us, yet. I failed to observe the first rule of both Jedi and Sith. If you want something done right, do it yourself. All things considered, I'm probably going to have to wait until next weekend to see it. :grumbles: But that's mostly due to being out of town this weekend, which isn't grumbly at all so I guess it balances out.

But anyway, I take it that it will be worth the wait?

KnightStalker
23 May 2005, 06:05 PM
I have yet to see it as well, I intend to try getting into the theater this weekend, hopefully some of the crowding and long lines will have thinned out by then.

Donovan Morningfire
24 May 2005, 07:11 AM
But anyway, I take it that it will be worth the wait?
I think the resounding response from the majority of people that have seen it is that the movie is well worth the price of admission. I'll be honest and say it's not without it's faults, but Lucas does a go a fair way towards giving the fans an apology for the burp'n'fart jokes in Episode I and the horrid romantic dialogue in Episode II.

Vash Knives
26 May 2005, 02:14 AM
Sadly enough I have not seen it yet, but one of these years I will. Recently I have been busy with many things and the ongoing joke that I have no life-I don't have time for it.
I'll probably wait for RotS to come out on dvd.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
26 May 2005, 11:44 AM
Cute post Dono ;) Yeah, i'll try to get the darn race post done by next week. Just hadn't any 'ooomph' these last couple weeks. Think i'm slowly snappin out of it though. Been starting to do a bit of yardwork, first yard clean-up then to plant a few things. Albiet it seems i'm well enough to get the work done, it leaves me feelin well wasted rest of the day, and plenty stiff the next day.

RotS wise, i've yet to go see it. been watching plenty of startrek on the cable stations though :P

Lokar
26 May 2005, 08:41 PM
*Choir part from "Greivous Speaks to Lord Sidious" starts playing as a black robed figure enters the chat.*

Hey guys, long time no post. :D

Well in case you guys have wondered what happened to old Lokar and why I've been seldom seen or heard these last three years I can explain...

At 11AM today I proudly become a Dark Lord of the Sith (that's lawyer to all those who aren't in the know). ;)

Who I also got to see RotS TWICE on opening day. :D While there were a couple of parts that they could have worked on (like more space battle, and Greivous needed to like Clone War Greivous) I overall liked it and was worth seeing twice.

Slavan K. Guiser
26 May 2005, 11:42 PM
*Breathes deeply, sounding much like a certain mechanical Lord, due mainly to his just barely getting up enough strength from getting hit with bronchial pneumonia.*

Well, Lokar, nice to see your return. A big hearty congratulations on your new dark powers. Use those power for awesome, Lokar, for awesome. Btw, what kind of lawyerism you specializing in?

As for other things, I pretty much agree on everything else said about RotS.

Terras: Get better, man. I know it sucks being sick.

Donovan: One race post upcoming. Got a free weekend alone while my family is moving my grandmother into a nice, new condominium. I get to watch the dogs mainly. However, above statement is conditional, depending on what my girlfriend has to say about it.

Donovan Morningfire
27 May 2005, 06:46 AM
when you left I was but the learner, now I am the master :darth: :D

Congratulations on graduating!

I agree that Grievous in the movies could have stood to take a few points from GG in Clone Wars, but from what I understand of the situation, Genndy Tartarsky (or however you spell it) and his team only had some images to base Grievous upon, so they decided to make him an over-the-top bad-ass mamma-jamma. Too bad Lucas couldn't have let a little info slip, like "um, Genndy, this guy's idea of a solid battle plan is escaping to fight another day."

Slavan,
I hope you feel better soon.

Side note, I just got an e-mail from Ris. Her familiy's lack of internet connection should be resolved this Tuesday, but other than that they've all been doing just fine.

Ris
27 May 2005, 06:48 AM
Huh? Twi'leks, already? I thought we were goin' to Hapes to see the Queen-Mum first? Have I been offline that long? Did TJ pay you off, Dono--or are you just too far in character as the Dono of your fanfics?
Oh, wll, I hope My Hubby likes Twi'leks enough to help me on Ryloth. If not, I'll just have to find some other bribe.

Congrats, Lokar, I think...No I really mean it :) Or should I just take the 5th? (Please put your answer toward your pro bono hours)

Oh, we'll have internet back this coming Tuesday.

Donovan Morningfire
27 May 2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Ris
Huh? Twi'leks, already? I thought we were goin' to Hapes to see the Queen-Mum first?
Well, according to the handy-dandy cheat sheet I have, the next stop is Ryloth. The Hapan Queen-Mum is still a couple stops away.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
27 May 2005, 12:49 PM
As much as I would have liked to pay Dono off...

Sorry, Ris, if ye check back to the first page or two of the race thread, the order's all there...

But I will still say the inclusion of Jasmine was the cute part ;) (nope, no bribes about this either. honest, i swear!)

Malkarris
27 May 2005, 03:13 PM
Ah, at last we have the mighty Lokar. Congrads. Good luck with your cases. Speaking of pro bono, you'll defend us if we get caught building a Death Star or something, right?

And I hope you get well soon Slavan, that really sounds nasty.

Anyway, like I said I'll be out of town this weekend, so don't trash the Fire while I'm gone Dono. See yeah all on the flip side.

Ris
28 May 2005, 11:56 AM
Ok, all, so I was wrong--remember, it's been days since I could easily check something online! And Dono-me-luv, you should know I'm almost as Directionally Challenged as you! Maybe I'll have Force-Ghost Rissy show up on Jedi's Fire for a few moments...
LOL

To my fellow USA NNTBS pals, have a lovely extra day off!

Lokar
29 May 2005, 07:07 AM
Too bad the Jedi Jack team had a better idea about Grievous than Lucas. ;)

Oh thanks everyone for you well wishes, I've been on top of the world since last week, getting that diploma (which is in a nice blue and gold cardboard tube which maks it look like a Field Marshal baton).

I should rally be back to posting in a couple of days, my computer had to go into the shop and I'm trying to get use to my older computer and of cours make sure it can still do the job.

Donovan Morningfire
29 May 2005, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Lokar
Oh thanks everyone for you well wishes, I've been on top of the world since last week, getting that diploma (which is in a nice blue and gold cardboard tube which maks it look like a Field Marshal baton).
Just curious, but did you have to repress the urge to shout out loud the following MLKJr quote:

"Free at last, free at last, good god o'mighty, free at last!"

On a more serious note, has anyone else seen Samurai Champloo? Cartoon Network's been showing it late Saturday nights as part of Adult Swim. It's by the same folks that did Cowboy Bebop. So far I've been enjoying it, especially the complete and total contrast between Gin and Mugen. The music isn't quite as cool as CB's, but other than that I think it's pretty good stuff.

dragonseye
31 May 2005, 08:19 AM
Lokar,

You're alive!!! :D Congratulations and good luck at being a Dark Lord. :D

Don,

Yup, I've been watching it as well. I saw some of the fansubs before as well- let me just say that some of the furrue episodes are just insane. We'll prolly start collecting that series after finishing off Gungrave. Paranoia Agent also looked interesting. I saw the first episode on Saturday night after Samurai Champloo.

Slavan K. Guiser
3 June 2005, 12:06 AM
Well, my race post is up. All thanks for this inspiration of this post goes to my grandmother and her house which was incredibly full of STUFF. I guess that's what happens when you don't move for over 43 years. Thankfully, it's done and she's now in her new condo. Oh, and Thank you Salt Lake City for creating a nasty, scorching mess that caused for much exhaustion and dehydration on my part.

As for Samurai Champloo. I've always loved Shakkazombie (the group that does all the badass hiphop music) and Shunichiro Watanabe, so it's a good combination and I enjoyed it the first chance I knew it was airing in Japan nearly 8 or so months ago. Cool series, definitely one I'll be picking up.

KnightStalker
4 June 2005, 08:06 PM
Hey Slavan, I had no idea you were down here in ol' Salt Lake, you gonna be going to Denver Kunicon in a coupla weeks?

Slavan K. Guiser
5 June 2005, 11:53 PM
I wish I was, just don't have any money. Stupid frickin' job hunting again. None of you out there happen to know anyone looking for a graphic artist, do you?

As for being in Salt Lake, I happen to be down there every 3 or 4 weeks it seems. Just spent most of the last month there helping to and moving my grandmother into a condominium. Her old house of 43 years, sadly, was getting to be too much for her to keep up on her own, so she got some place a little smaller. Still, that's a long time to gather up stuff.

Donovan Morningfire
10 June 2005, 05:36 PM
Slavan,
My condolences on being jobless. I wish I did know someone that needed a graphic artist. Good luck on finding something soon.

BTW Ris, you do know that you're up next, right? ;)

Ris
11 June 2005, 05:50 AM
Yes, Dono-me-darlin'-Rurouni, for once I'm not clueless about my place in the line-up.

Slavan, I wish you luck. I am looking for a permanent job myself.

Summer Storm update: Tropical Storm Arlene is unlikely to hit this part of Florida. We have been getting lots of rain from it, & that is forecast to continue over the weekend. So we should be fine--though there is always the chance of tornadoes or some flooding from the stronger feeder bands that may pass through our area.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 June 2005, 11:49 PM
gosh darn it, i really gotta finish that last race post... probably just 1/4 left to go on it... gotta make some time for it i guess. Just thought i'd post to let ya all know i'm still interested, and not dropped it ;)

looks like i'll be working on both in dualty... got the first few paragraphs of the ryloth post typed now ;)

dragonseye
15 June 2005, 08:01 AM
Sorry I've been MIA for a while- been sick with a really really nasty cold for a little over a week now.

After seeing Episode 3 for thesecond time, I think I've finally found why Anakin just rubs me the wrong way so much- he's never grown up. I didn't really come to the realization until after I'd seen this past Saturday's episode of Justive League Unlimited with Captain Marvel. Anakin's mentality durring Episodes 2 and 3 were essentially the same one's that 12 year old Captain Marvel displayed. I just find it hard to believe that a 20 something adult would never realize that society is darker than his rose tinited glasses seem to make him think it works.

Slavan,

Sorry to hear that you're looking for a job again. Good luck in finding a new one. :) Oh, and if you are planning on buying the Samurai Champloo dvd's, deffinitely try to get the first volume plus artbox now; nearly all online retailers are sold out of it and Geneon is supposed to be out of stock as well now.

Ris,

Glad to hear you made it through the tropical storm safely. Oh, and thank you for the rain. It was quite refreshing over the weekend. :)

Lokar
15 June 2005, 09:13 AM
My own impression after seeing the film three times is that both the Jedi and the Sith used Anakin. Interesting I went to see EPIII for the third (:P ) time with my girlfriend, who spent part of her childhood in Cezchoslovakia, she told of all the stuff the Jedi were saying reminded her of the stuff the communists used to push on the Czechs.

My own impressions after seeing all three movies was:

1. Both the Jedi and the Sith used Anakin.

2. The Old Jedi Order was creppy.

3. The Speratists were probably one of the bigger vicitms after Alderan.

Donovan Morningfire
15 June 2005, 03:50 PM
dragonseye,
I'm glad you're feeling better :)

I agree that it's an interesting between Anakin's naive idealism vs. the cold praticality that the Old Jedi Order had adopted after three years of unending war. Maybe it's that final crushing of his youthful idealism that makes his transformation into the classic Darth Vader all the more sorrowful.

Lokar,
I dunno if the Old Jedi Order were creepy more than they'd allowed themselves to slip from their lofty status as defenders. It seemed Mace Windu had become a shining example of everything that was going wrong with the Jedi Order. I'd say Yoda and Obi-Wan were about the only two screen-named Jedi that even tried to hold true to the tenets the Jedi were founded on. I do agree that Anakin was being used by both sides, but at least Obi-Wan still tried to remain an ally and trusted friend to Anakin. One has to wonder what might have happened if Obi-Wan hadn't already gone to Utapau when Palpatine revealed himself. Maybe Obi-Wan could have helped Anakin remain true to his ideals, but then again maybe not.

Of course, there is also the classic scenario of "What if Qui-Gon survived to train Anakin?" Maybe if Qui-Gon hadn't become Quite-Gone, the whole destiny of the Chosen One would be entirely different. After all, Qui-Gon wasn't as emotionally stunted as the rest of the Jedi Order.

Lokar
15 June 2005, 04:05 PM
Well my "creepy" comments comes from the impression I get from the prequel movies and EU sources. While some of it makes sense to a point quite a bit seems a bit overboard but could be justified as resulting from the last Sith War.

As for Mace "Jedi Shaft" Windu, I think he was sliding towards the dark side during Ep III.

Donovan Morningfire
19 June 2005, 02:14 PM
Okay, quick update on the race.

Ris has missed her two week deadline, so KnightStalker, you're up to bat.

BTW, if any of you are comic book fans, I'd suggest checking out Batman Begins. Suitably dark, and a pretty solid performance from the entire cast. Bale's Batman voice needs a bit of fine tuning, but everything worked out pretty well.

Now to only hope the Fantastic Four movie isn't going to be stink-fest...

Slavan K. Guiser
19 June 2005, 04:12 PM
Sorry, little bit late in on this discussion, but yeah, Lokar, I totally agree with you. I think the Jedi were all experiencing a little too much sliding towards the Dark Side in their blatant ignorance and pride in the last two movies. Yoda and Obi-wan I think were the only ones to survive because they had the forethought to be distrustful of these "wonderful" clone troopers. They really were creepy as an order though. It seemed they had been bogged down in the procedure and ritual of the Jedi Order, and weren't allowing for new thought or advancement of concepts. It was an organization that had grown to bloated and bureaucratic for its own good.

Agreed that both the Sith and the Jedi were totally using Anakin. I honestly felt bad for him, because the one person who he refused to listen to (Obi-wan) was the only one who was telling him the truth and honestly cared for him. Palpatine was totally using him, Windu was also manipulating Anakin, and he was forced to rely on two _very_ clouded views and obviously chose the one that would result in him being able to save his one passionate love from destruction. Very human thing to do.

Dragonseye, I also agree about him not really having changed much between the two movies. If anything, he only became more cocksure and believed in the "good" of the work he was doing for the good 'ole Emperor.