PDA

View Full Version : Online Journal - Revamp

Nealos
15 December 2004, 01:20 PM
This is discussion among Online Journal staffers so we can get this publication re-established.

First, two statements...

1 - I'm resuming administration of the Starwars-rpg.net in most areas to alleviate the burden from our current webmaster, Evan Hansen. He and I are working together on some things, while other things I am taking on solely. The Online Journal is one that I am taking on.

2 - If you wish to join the Online Journal team, please stand by before offering up help. We will likely come out with a list of needed roles that you might be interested in fulfilling.

Ok, now I have the following questions for the the Journal Staff:

1. Who is the staff? Please identify yourself and put forth what your duties are.
2. Who no longer wishes to be counted as staff?
3. What's our production schedule? Is there a next issue coming or is this dormant?
4. How shall we move forward?

I look forward to hearing from each of you.

Thanks,

Dr_Worm
15 December 2004, 01:49 PM
I have been tagged as a staff writer in the past, though my commitment has been less than stellar. I am willing to try again, and am capable.

scottyboy
15 December 2004, 03:35 PM
Hey Nealos... I'm the Editor-in-Chief/Managing Editor... Shoot me an e-mail and I'll get you a list of the staff and writers we've got. I also need to talk to you about a few things (obviously Journal related).

reliant
16 December 2004, 06:23 AM
I wrote one article and can write more (though I haven't yet), but my main job is editor.

I wondered what happened to the OJ, I'm glad to see it may be coming back. Did the last issue ever get out?

elfgirl1973
16 December 2004, 06:38 AM
I was the art director but I'm going to take this opportunity to bow out of that position due to waning interest. But I wish you the best of luck.

-Tracy Rodgers

Darklighter
16 December 2004, 08:58 AM
I was one of the editors for the Journal but, like Tracy, I'll take this opportunity to bow out as well. New things are filling my plate these days. Best of luck, guys.

Nova Spice
16 December 2004, 10:01 AM
Nealos, I may be able to help out with some things in the Online Journal. I'm currently working on the Revised NJOSB (and have been for quite some time).

If you think it would be possible (or even prudent), I would be willing to submit portions of the Revised NJOSB to the OJ crew as articles. And if Starwars-rpg.net is interested, I'd be thrilled for it to host the Revised NJOSB as a Web Enhancement or as something original--an actual Sourcebook hosted by the site.

Anyway, let me know. I am working, going to college, running my own campaign, and am often busy, but I do have time openings to help out you guys and work on my own sourcebook. B)

reliant
16 December 2004, 10:19 AM
I'm not bowing out (unless you guys don't want me anymore :( ) so if you need anything more from me, just let me know. My schedule has finally managed to settle out a bit so I should have time to do whatever the OJ needs.

Tao
16 December 2004, 10:35 AM
havent ever worked with you before, but id be willing to lend a hand here and there. let me know if you need anything.

Talon Razor 'GM'
16 December 2004, 12:19 PM
I wrote a couple of articles for the Online Journal. I'd like to take a more active role. I'm currently the Editor-in-Chief of the Keystone Connection, the student publication at my school and on staff (writer/layout) for the Monitor, an on-campus student newspaper.

I do not have Quark but I've been talking to the publication advisor and they're looking into buying Quark for the editors of the publications, which I could probably use to help you guys out. :D

You guys also know how I'm working on the USB and other various .pdf stuff.

Let me know how I can help.

Nealos
16 December 2004, 08:50 PM
First let me say that the Starwars-rpg.net Online Journal is the best publication on the Internet of it's kind, and it's because of those who have posted here. I thank all of you for your contributions.

I'm going to let some more time go by before I respond so I can make sure anyone and everyone that's been involved has sounded off in here. I'm currently in a good email conversation with Scottyboy regarding a move-forward strategy and I see exciting things coming in the near future.

Thanks much, more soon.

hisham
17 December 2004, 07:03 AM
I'm HTML editor and the guy that uploads the pdf files (both the OJs and the Web Features). Just informing you that I only worked on Issue 2 onwards, I only have the php and pdf files of that issue onwards. I'm missing Issue 1 and the Archives.

I hope we have full backup.

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOTTY!

Ravager_of_worlds
17 December 2004, 08:35 AM
I worked on the last issue of the Online Journal using InDesign- I've also done layout/editor duties for several Web Features. I think Scotty made me an editor at Web Features so I could snag more art for our projects (it helps to have a title when soliciting freebies)

I also wrote some for the Online Journal.

After 1 semester of grad school, I'm comfortable with the workload and can continue contributing layout, design and editing (not a lot of this please, only 2nd or 3rd drafts). I have access to Photoshop CS, InDesign CS and I have the latest PDF converters. Mark me as 50% Hisham compatible (all hail Hisham!). I'm good as a minion and small project leader- that's what my time allows.

Oh yeah. I got a monster PDF (96 pages) just waiting to be posted :) I need to get Hish the last copy of it sometime when the OJ web features section gets back on track.

Darth_Cassed
18 December 2004, 10:03 AM
Well.....I was a web editor, conversionist, and somewhat writer....not entirely sure about continuing, but I can give it a shot ;)

Tao
22 December 2004, 10:09 AM
im working on a series of adventures (tempest feud style) that i was going to use to launch my own site, but i figure it would probably get more coverage on an established site like starwars-rpg.net. each one should end up being about twentypages long, plus appendices full of characters and ships, etc., and all said and done there are at least five of them. i have to transfer them out of my notebooks though, which is taking a ton of time, but ill submit them as soon as they're completed.

Ris
27 December 2004, 06:59 AM
If you need additional editorial staff, I'm available.
I'm a freelancer with accepted and published OJ pieces (including D20 stats and PBP gaming) as well as newsletter and online articles on other areas of SW fandom.
In addition I'm an experienced editor and beta reader. Credits include Donovan Morningfire's Cadences (serialized in OJ) and (the forthcoming) Homecomings. I've also done 1 or 2 small projects for Scottyboy.

LawgSkrak
7 January 2005, 01:06 AM
I'm the guy who writes the GalaxyWide News Nets, and will continue to do so gladly.

just wondering if the ones I wrote for issue five are still going to be used?

Dr_Worm
10 January 2005, 06:17 PM
Yea...that is another thing. I submitted a fic for the next issue, and I am wondering if I need to resubmit, or just wait it out?

Nealos
18 January 2005, 07:40 PM
Hi All,

Thanks much for your comments and questions. I created this forum to collect just these things. I'll go through everything very soon and get back with a response.

Thanks so much,

Nealos
21 October 2005, 11:46 PM
I've sent out an email to everyone that has emailed me. If you did not receive this email, and are still interested in working on the Online Journal, send an email to:

chancellor@starwars-rpg.net

DO NOT POST HERE. SEND ME AN EMAIL.

We are going to start out by shooting for 2-3 issues per year. We all have busy schedules but all want to see it happen, so we're going to do it at a pace that accomodates real life.

See ya soon!

Ardent
26 October 2005, 02:15 PM
I had some issues with the email here at work, but I've got the address now. However, just wanted to let y'all know I'm still around.

If it's an issue of need, I could probably provide material, although I have none with me and don't have my books, I'm pretty sure I've still got it all memorized front to back. I'll send you off an e-mail ASAP, Nealos.