PDA

View Full Version : Q:TU Rebel Group 2 IC: Enter the R-Team



Pages : [1] 2 3

Vanger Chevane
15 December 2004, 02:55 PM
The clerk finally remembers to swallow, stands up, and says "R-right this way."

After you enter the office, he says over the counter "Halleck?" A well-dressed, gray-haired man in his mid-50's turns and gives you a hard, evaluating, and professional glare.

The clerk turns to you "Tell him." and scoots through a side door.

Rostek
15 December 2004, 03:11 PM
"Tell him."
Eronn sighs and feigns an amused glance at the clerk. "Very well-" he turns to the new man... Halleck and begins.
"Good day, sir- we are here on behalf of the ISB office to take one of your pupils... Mr. Noor is his name.... into protective custody. We require him immidietly." he added, his eye implying he would tolerate no further interuptions.
"Please make haste- there is no telling what the Rebel terrorists have planned, and I will not run a gauntlet back to base because [/i]someone[/i] dwadled."

Vanger Chevane
15 December 2004, 04:51 PM
Halleck has obviously kept himself well in shape, and isn't intimidated in the least.

He holds out a hand & says "Orders" in such a familiar & compelling manner you find yourself halfway reaching for that datacard before you even realize it.


It's quite possible you're dealing with a retired NCO, maybe even an ex-Stormtrooper, and he doesn't like you much.

Ronin
15 December 2004, 05:10 PM
Tatsu keeps calm, stood at ease...with his stun baton easily within reach.
This man, the head teacher, was not going to be so easily intimidated. Tatsu knew he could draw on his spirit...make the man confront his worst fears...it could turn him into a jibbering wreck.....but Tatsu kept that as a last resort. He knew he possessed the ability. The monks had not trained him in such techniques, they were forbidden. But he knew he could. And he knew it would lead to his own eventual destruction...

Focusing on the present, Tatsu tried to casually spot any alarm button or weapon near this Halleck...

Ris
16 December 2004, 04:12 PM
Kiry listened to Capt. Kolzar and Mr. Halleck. She wished she'd thought to tell the others who they were likely to meet at the school. Too late now.
But, although she didn't know Halleck very well, she did know his type--and Erron was dealing with him the wrong way.
The military had traditions, however--and one of the most hallowed was designed to deal with just this sitch. "Captain, a word with you sir?" she asked crisply, beckoning the ersatz CO, as if some new information had come in.
Over the "Captain's" shoulder, the dark "SpecServ" Lt. gave Halleck a long-suffering "Sorry, I'm trying to train him" look and rolled her eyes, before taking Erron a little away from the others.

"Sir," she whispered urgently, "You're great with the clerk--but this man is like us. Please don't order him. He will help us if you treat him with respect and ask for that help. He's served the Empire and will be glad of a chance to serve again."

Rostek
16 December 2004, 05:23 PM
"Captain, a word with you sir?"
"Of course." Eronn said; He had been surprised greatly when Halleck had responded- that was one of those things that would have been great to know five minutes ago.

"Sir," she whispered urgently, "You're great with the clerk--but this man is like us. Please don't order him. He will help us if you treat him with respect and ask for that help. He's served the Empire and will be glad of a chance to serve again."
"This I gather, madame- I was expecting someone a bit more... academic. I'll think of something." he said very quietly. Then, louder, he added- "Oh my... that's quite a development."
Eronn then turned to Halleck.
"My apologies sir- we just rolled off the shuttle 90 minutes ago, and I've got hyperspace-lag, and we just ran a gauntlet of rock-throwing miscreants. Listen-" Eronn leaned in conspiritorialy "-there wasn't time to cut orders, we're here on a fresh tip. Information is sketchy, but we have reason to believe the Rebels plan to make a move to kidnap this boy- and possibly several other gifted students- soon. We're in need of your assistance, I'm afraid. Please help us do our job." Eronn said as emphatically as possible.

Vanger Chevane
22 December 2004, 03:55 PM
Listen-" Eronn leaned in conspiritorialy "-there wasn't time to cut orders, we're here on a fresh tip.
Halleck chuckles, the looks at you dead-seriously and says "Son, I know This Man's Imperial Forces. You practically don't go to the Fresher without orders. You either have them, or you are these Rebel Kidnappers. Which is it?"

Ronin, You can't spot anything, but he's standing behind a stomach-high counter in which he could easily have a hand on an E-11 Carbine or worse, and everything you pick up from him says he's in full control of the situation.

Rostek
22 December 2004, 04:09 PM
Seeing this was a waste of time, and seeing as they had no orders- Eronn decided the best course of action would be to give himself an opportunity to confer with the others- and prepare a quick, painless way of dispatching Halleck.
He grumbled and grunted-
"We left the base without the order... with the understanding they would be transmitted en route... on express demand of what I can only assume to be the ISB head in the city. Allow me to quickly check and see if they have arrived." Eronn grated his teeth on the "quickly". Eronn knew that any enlisted type would just love to see an officer squirm, and thus granted Halleck that privilege.
He turned to Tatsu and Kiry, "Datapad" he requested. Upon reciept, he fumbled around- "Ugh... damndable access codes. You-" he indicated Tatsu quietly as he muttered, making an effort to "try" not to let Halleck see his struggle. "Enter the access code... I seem to have misplaced the brief." then very quietly he added "Should I 'hold your rifle' and stun him... he's not budging and I knew I had forgotten something- sorry guys."

Ronin
22 December 2004, 05:31 PM
Tatsu takes the datapad from the 'Captain' and, acting clumbsy, hands his superior officer his rifle...fully expecting to be shouted at for handing an officer a loaded weapon without checking it....or even asking if he could.

He then fumbles with the datapad.
"Captain...my apologies sir. I forgot to transfer the files to your datapad before we left."
He then turns to Halleck and aproaches the man's desk, heading round toward the man and his computer terminal.
"Sir," he says, addressing Halleck, "if I could just link up my datapad to your terminal? You have net access? I should be able to access and download the missing orders."
He tries to get as near as possible to Halleck without getting in the way of Eronn's line of fire.

Things were not going well. This man was a tough nut, and he didn't look the type to crack. Tatsu started to wonder why Halleck had left the military.....perhaps that was something they could use against him.

Ris
22 December 2004, 06:24 PM
Kiry Noor watches her hopes for a quick & easy rescue of Tetengo crumble. She wants to scream in frustration--but that won't help. So what will? The Doc considers going over to "help" the "inept" sergeant with the computer and tranquilizing Halleck, but dismisses it immediately. The dose I set up is for Tetengo--not enough for a man his size! I should have done another! But she has another idea.
With barely concealed exasperation, she tells Erron, "Captain, for efficiency's sake, I will have young Mr. Noor summoned. By the time he arrives, Mr. Halleck will certainly be reading our orders. My superiors very much wish to hear that this was done quickly and with little disruption." Kiry tries to imply that she answers to someone higher than than the others do. (OOC: Bluff = 18 roll + 6 ranks/mods = 24)

She then turns towaards the door to seek out the office worker and send him after her son, hoping the man will let her go.

Rostek
22 December 2004, 06:40 PM
"Sir," he says, addressing Halleck, "if I could just link up my datapad to your terminal? You have net access? I should be able to access and download the missing orders."
Eronn feigned rage when Tatsu "explained" the situation.
"A very good idea-- however, generally speaking, I prefer it when my underlings check their weapons before foisting them on me!" Eronn said, clicking the safety on the rifle and checked the power pack status.
"Luckly for you, the weapon is in excellant shape and in proper order."

"Captain, for efficiency's sake, I will have young Mr. Noor summoned. By the time he arrives, Mr. Halleck will certainly be reading our orders. My superiors very much wish to hear that this was done quickly and with little disruption."
Eronn sees where Kiry is going- and his eyes raise in fear when she mentions "her superiors".
"A very good idea- but then, that's why you're SpecServ." Eronn said, soothly.

Ris
23 December 2004, 02:21 AM
"A very good idea- but then, that's why you're SpecServ." Eronn said, smoothly.
Kiry paused at the door and favored the Captain with a very brief smile--that of an uncaring woman enjoying the discomfiture of a man she's manipulated--but her eyes remain icy. "Indeed, it is Captain," she said. She kept her voice low and mock-pleasant. "With your permission, sir," she added in that same tone, Kiry left the office looking for the spooked clerk.

Dr_Worm
23 December 2004, 12:19 PM
Troy was getting more and more nervous about this extraction. Clearly in their haste to get the child they had overlooked some key elements. She thought the crew was handeling it well enough, but the lack of knowledge of Imperial procedure was hurting them. Seeing Kiry leave the office Troy fell in to step behind her, E-11 across her chest, and tried her best to imitate a good soldier.

Vanger Chevane
23 December 2004, 02:28 PM
OOC:
He holds out a hand & says "Orders" in such a familiar & compelling manner you find yourself halfway reaching for that datacard before you even realize it.
When the GM sez you've a datacard with orders on it...

Ronin, on the wall behind him is a framed certificate stating Halleck Dezhaan is Honorably Retired after a full Army career (IIRC Stormies aren't Navy), and he clearly cares about the welfare of the students. Instead of taking care of wet-nosed Troopers he now takes care of children, which is pretty much the same thing. :P


IC:
Halleck holds up a hand for Tatsu to place his datapad in, and spears Eronn with a fierce glare. "Captain, recall your people. I don't care who you think you are, this is my AO (Area of Operations) and it will be done my way. Has it ever occured to you walking through a school waving guns about is a great way to terrorize these children?"

Scanning over the orders you'd sliced together last night "Everything's in order." Glancing up to ensure that the SpecServ ladies have come back to the office, "You're early, weren't supposed to arrive till the afternoon mid-session break."

Hands the datapad back to Tatsu with a nod, then in a light, yet very professional tone:

"I'll have someone locate Mister Noor and quietly bring him here as quickly as possible. Wouldn't do to have my kids thinking the Empire will take you away for something that's neither a crime nor your fault, would it? Don't want em tempted to turn Rebel just as you've had a bad day, Captain."

Pulls out a comlink and instructs whomever's on the other end to do just that, without delay.

"You said that other students could also be threatened. What information and support can I be expecting?"

Rostek
23 December 2004, 03:23 PM
"Captain, recall your people. I don't care who you think you are, this is my AO (Area of Operations) and it will be done my way. Has it ever occured to you walking through a school waving guns about is a great way to terrorize these children?"
"Of course, Mr. Halleck-" Eronn says as politely as possible, whistling and signaling for Kiry to return before she turned out of sight.


"I'll have someone locate Mister Noor and quietly bring him here as quickly as possible. Wouldn't do to have my kids thinking the Empire will take you away for something that's neither a crime nor your fault, would it? Don't want em tempted to turn Rebel just as you've had a bad day, Captain."
Eronn sighed, pulling out a hankerchief to wipe his non-cybered brow.
"My apologies- I'm not accostomed to running errands, but the SpecServ coordnators insisted we head out immidietly- I suppose that's why we're early.
As for the Rebels- our information said that if they were to show up, the rebels would attempt to take Mr. Noor's class as a group when they were together- possibly on their way to the cafeteria. We believe that with Mr. Noor in protective custody, they will not make an attempt to take the group... however, I believe having a few extra adults around that class would be wise- the Rebels wouldn't dare wipe out a class of school children and teachers at this point. Most people blame them for the blockade and martial law as it is; Bad PR doesn't suit their purposes right now, especially if they can't get what they specifically want out of it.
That said, we will keep you apprised of any new threats we get regarding your charges." he nodded, replacing the now damp cloth in his pocket.

[OCC: Oh, goodness, I guess I misread the GM post, Vang and assumed we had oopsied and forgotten to make orders... I guess that was more painful than it had to be, although Eronn had more reason to fear showing a guy familiar with such things the documents, so it all worked out :rolleyes: ]

Ris
26 December 2004, 06:16 AM
"Of course, Mr. Halleck-" Eronn says as politely as possible, whistling and signaling for Kiry to return before she turned out of sight.
Kiry complies, nodding at "Elayne" to go along as well. As best she could judge the non-human woman's body language, Troy was as nervous as she. Doc signals Kyle to join up with them.

Kyle Tel hadn't liked the way the extraction had been going either. He'd had a few doubts--that had just increased as the time the others spent in the office dragged on--about coming into the school this way--but what did he know about ground ops? It's a lot cleaner job, flying, he thought. As he joined the "SpecServ lieutenants," Kyle studied Doc closer, concerned that she might be having trouble keeping herself together with all the delay. Kiry seemed to be doing fine.

Kiry returned to the office in time to hear most of Erron and Halleck's exchange. She was tempted to make some snide comment about the Regulars' inability to operate either datapads or their own brains, haviing heard about the SpecServ Attitude, from the perspective of her father, Col. Noor. At the same time, she wanted to reassure Halleck, whom Tetengo admired, that his charge was in no danger from his mother's colleagues. But Kiry Noor dismissed both impulses.
The more she said, the more Halleck Dezhaan's attention would be on her, which would probably compromise this operation--or at least their future safety. While she didn't know the man well, they had met once or twice--and from what Tetengo said, the guy missed very little. So he might see through her disguise. Best to say and do as little as possible--her offer to have Tetengo fetched may have been unwise as it was. That way, he was more likely to remember Erron best. Halleck's ecalling much detail about any one of them was bad--but far worse was the chance that he might recognize her--or even just suspect she was Tetengo's "kidnapped" mother.

Ronin
27 December 2004, 04:17 AM
Tatsu takes the datapad back and nods; "Thankyou Mr Halleck."

He decides it's best to leave the talking to Eronn since it wouldn't be right for someone of his rank to engage in conversation in such a situation.

His eyes inadvertantly glance across to Kiry. How was she holding up? he wondered. He knew that the stress of the situation must be killing her...but if all went well, soon she'd be reunited with her son and they could all get out of here. The Spirits only knew what Auntie would have to say about this little family-mission they had arranged for themselves...but then again, had Auntie just expected them to wait around in the safehouse?

Tatsu had never thought of Imperials retiring from military service before...it made him realise just how long the Empire had been around...and the fact that this Ex-military man was now the head of a school seemed...strange... Those who supported the Empire were killers and exploiters in Tatsu's experience...but this man now took care of and guided children...Tatsu regretted his earlier ideas about silencing the man permanently in a crisis. He was, afterall, only doing his job and trying to protect his charges from those who he deemed to be dangerous.
Things weren't as black-and-white as before...as on his homeworld.
He wasn't sure if it was more worrying.

Ris
1 January 2005, 08:30 AM
When Erron and Halleck finished talking, she gave the retiree a quick nod of respect, before turning to her ostensible superior. A young officer who recognized the superior wisdom and experience of a senior non-com had a much easier time of it, Col. Noor had taught her. "Ah, the young man is being brought already?" she asked in her most professional-officer tone. "Good. Did you need me for anything else, Captain?"
As she waited for a reply, she caught Tatsu's glance, knew he was worried about her. She didn't know how to signal him she was fiine, so had to hope that her ability to pull off the stiff Imperial stance and voice told him she was in control, for now. Eagerness--to see her beloved Tetengo and be away--was affecting that control. But seeing Tatsu's look, evidence that he cared for her, and the boy he'd never met, did much to steady her. So did the presence of Troy, Kyle, and Erron. Since learning Kiry was no mole, the Twi'lek had comforted and reassured her. And Kyle--he had to be still feeling some effects from the toxins he'd been given--yet here he was, carrying out the promise he'd made, shakled and in pain, to help her if she'd help him. And Erron had done the key part of the disguises, work that, from what she'd observed the day before, could be as painstaking as brain surgery.
It's OK Tetengo, she thought as if the boy could pick them up, you'll soon be with me, and--at least we'll be together. I've missed you so much...

Vanger Chevane
6 January 2005, 10:42 PM
A very beautiful lady teacher enters the office, Tetengo following and looking worried.

Upon seeing all the Imperial Uniforms, he shoots Halleck a nerf-in-the-glowbeams look.

Halleck responds with "Thank you, Mistress Vondar, that'll be all." Watches for a moment as she leaves, just like every other heterosexual male in the office.

With a reassuring tone tells Tetengo "Son, these people are here to protect you from those Terrorists that got your mother. They'll take good care of you, (to Eronn) won't you Captain?" His tone to Eronn is clear he'll accept nothing less, and Palpatine Help You if he hears otherwise. Which reassures Tetengo enough so that he just looks miserable instead of about to bolt.

Types into the terminal for a second, then transfers a datacard to a pad, then slides it across the counter. "Thumbprint where indicated, Captain, luck catching the Rebels."

Rostek
7 January 2005, 06:39 AM
Eronn keeps his eyes foreward as the woman brings Tetengo in, afraid that he will alienate the school officials further if he stared.
The kids' afraid of Imperials? Interesting, and probably helpful when we break the news. Eronn thought.

Son, these people are here to protect you from those Terrorists that got your mother. They'll take good care of you, (to Eronn) won't you Captain?"
"Naturally-" Eronn said, unblinking still, "-we have experts in the field awaiting us back at base."
Slipping his hand out of the black glove it was in, Eronn complied with Halleck's request and thumbprinted the document-- which will, of course, match the thumbprint on file.

Ronin
7 January 2005, 06:53 AM
Trying not to stare at the female form of 'Mistress' Vondar and wondering what subject she teaches, Tatsu mentally slaps himself. The abbot back in his old monastary would've given him a good thrashing with his cane for such thoughts.
He hoped the grumpy old coffin-dodger was still alive.

At last, the child was with them. He just hoped that Tetengo would come with them easily and quietly...he dreaded having to subdue Kiry's child, and hoped that she had suitable tranquilizers with her. Tatsu would rather he kept the drugs she had given him for dealing with hostiles.
Not thirteen year old boys.

He watched as Eronn gave clearance with his thumbprint.
He drew his commlink and called Seth; "Lieutenant Mur, we have the boy in our custody and are returning to the vehicles now, sir."

Ris
7 January 2005, 06:14 PM
Kiry breaks off her thoughts as

A very beautiful lady teacher enters the office, Tetengo following and looking worried. Upon seeing all the Imperial Uniforms, he shoots Halleck a nerf-in-the-glowbeams look.
Kiry's heart is lightened as she finally sees her her son--this is what she's waited for, dreamed of, for what seems like weeks. Beneath the correct officer's stance and expression, she is overjoyed, drinking in the boy's almost-delicate features--eyes more green than her hazel under delicate brows, darkest-blonde hair--all inherited from his father, Maryn Vier.
But the fear blossoming on Tetengo's face as he spots them--her!--stabs her through the heart, a blade ripping through atria & ventricles. I'm sorry, darling, it'll be ok, I can hold you in a few minutes! Kiry bears it well enough to conceal her reactions only because the alternative is even worse for him and their new "family," as Tatsu called them.

She listens to Halleck's clear warning to their "hapless Captain." Halleck Dezhaan's manner and tone remind her of Col. Noor's on those ocaisions when he'd made sure his trainees--and even fellow-officers who disliked him--knew better than to get out of line with him right then. Kiry regretted having to deceive a good man like her father. That's probably why Tetengo looks up to him. If anything, he misses his grandfather--the only "father" he's known--more than I do.

Like the others, she surreptitiously watches Erron thumbprint the datacard. When Erron looks up, she waits for him to "order" her to escort Tetengo. The doctor wonders if it was such a good idea to insist on doing so--she had been so eager to see him that maybe she'd erred in judgment. She was the most likely to give them away by maternal reactions. She wasn't sure she could keep from breaking down or embracing him once she took his arm or put her arm around his shoulders to lead him out. Well, she would, somehow. At worst, she'd sedate him, after they were away from Halleck, who was devoted enough to his charges, he might well object. It wouldn't hurt Tetengo--not physically, anyways. Please, let it be over soon, get us back to Auntie's...

Rostek
7 January 2005, 08:15 PM
Eronn, having thumbprinted the datapad, breathed a minor sigh of relief- timed, of course, to be interpreted as being relieved to be leaving Halleck's interogation.
"Very well- Lieutenant, I know you're eager to secure the boy, so please do so so we may be off without further distraction. Mr. Halleck, I thank you for your time, and we'll take good care of him." he said.
The boy intrigued Eronn greatly- no surprise, given the great effort he had spent on the boy over the last day, but still, it would be interesting to see who he was during the next phase of operations.

Ronin
8 January 2005, 07:57 AM
Though they weren't in the clear yet...Tatsu was pleased that things had gone relatively well so far...though his thoughts turned to Savan. As soon as they got back to the speeder, they'd have to try and contact him...and if that wasn't possible, they would have to approach their pre-arranged meeting place with extreme care.

They'd got Tetengo, but Tatsu's spirit was still on edge...he was used to the feeling, though usually it was only his own life on the edge of a blade. It wasn't easy getting used to others...Seera and the others had died only yesterday.

Ris
8 January 2005, 10:40 AM
"Very well- Lieutenant, I know you're eager to secure the boy, so please do so so we may be off without further distraction. Mr. Halleck, I thank you for your time, and we'll take good care of him."
The "SpecServ Lt." nodded. "Yes, Sir." Kiry's manner was totally correct, with no trace of the earlier veiled forcefulness or threats. There was no need, now that the mission was going the way the Powers That Be, which SpecServ answered to, wanted it to go. Inside Kiry was scared.
She told herself it would be no different from what she'd learned to do with her patients. On the operating table, they weren't "Dad's old XO" or "That girl from my class," but a fracture to be set, burns to be debrided, or whatever. For a few more minutes, this couldn't be Tetengo, just a boy she had to get from point A to point B without a lot of fuss--it was the best way to keep him safe.

She walked over to the apprehensive boy and gave him a small smile. "Well, you're a likely lad," she said softly. With a mouth dry from her worries, it came out way harsher than her normal voice, like someone trying to be kind or non-threatening when she wasn't used to doing so--Kiry hoped. At least she didn't use phrases like that, and he couldn't see her eyes beneath the mirrored shades.

darth_wyld
13 January 2005, 12:51 AM
The song grew louder in his head, fighting his urge to panic...
"Don't get nervous, don't get nervous, don't get neeeeheeervooouuuus... everything is alright, it'll be fiiiiiiiine."

Seth stood by his hoverbike trying to look calm.
What takes them so long? It seems they have been in there for more than a month! Sitting around and waiting ain't your best quality, ain't it Seth? Highspeed chases, shootouts, no problem. But having to wait here...

He looked back to the school entrance to see if and how they came out of there... with the boy or not... running or walking...


"Lieutenant Mur, we have the boy in our custody and are returning to the vehicles now, sir."

Seth nearly jumped when his commlink called. He activated and gave a slightly hoarse "Affirmative" back to Eronn. He felt his spirits returning and got back on his hoverbike

Rostek
14 January 2005, 07:26 PM
Eronn, motions for the rest of the party to abscond with him to the van and escort vehicles.
The first icy sheet of nervousness has washed away... and is replaced by an equally chilling fear of possible problems with the escape. He could only hope Savan hasn't been comprimised by now.
He would have to make another Comm-check before getting to any checkpoint- if there was no response, or worse- a potentially coaxed message, the group would have to improvise. That possibility did not particulary appeal to Eronn's "officer" side, but his "SpecOps" side was secretly giddy. Still, all things considered, the mission had gone fairly well by this point, and Eronn hoped it would stay that way.

Ronin
15 January 2005, 04:08 AM
Tatsu took his rifle back from the captain and lead the way out of the school, back to the speedervan.
As soon as they were out the front door, he felt better, as he was sure the rest of the rebels did.

He immediately went to the passenger side of the van and held the door open for Eronn, speaking to him quietly as he got in;
"I speak Falleen, perhaps I should try to contact Savan. If they have him, I doubt they speak his native tongue."
Then he moved around to the back and opened it for the ladies to take Tetengo in. As he waited for them all to board, he looked about, trying to spot anyone watching them.

Dr_Worm
15 January 2005, 08:48 AM
Not being able to speak or be much more than windowdressing on this Op was taking it toll with Troy. She was starting to worry that this was all too easy as she followed the "officers" out to the van. As she stepped in she gave the school and the area a good sweep before closing the door. She had all sorts of things to say but as not about to break cover at this point. Curse humans and their useless flat teeth!

Rostek
15 January 2005, 10:23 AM
"I speak Falleen, perhaps I should try to contact Savan. If they have him, I doubt they speak his native tongue."
"A fantastic idea- don't say anything specific, if the Imps have him, they may tape the transmission." Eronn said, taking a seat.

Ris
15 January 2005, 11:08 AM
As they left the building, Kyle moved a little ahead, going straight for the driver's seat. He looked around for problems, then his gaze lit on mother and son.

Tetengo was lagging as much as he dared, Kiry trying to hurry him along without appearing to do so. The boy's expression and posture tore at him--and not just because Kyle knew firsthand what it was like to be in Imperial hands. Here the poor kid thought his mom was kidnapped--possibly dead--and then the Imps are coming for him as if he were one of the "traitors and terrorists." And it was Kyle's fault.
I'll do what i can to make it up to him. Maybe when we're back at Aunt's, I can befriend him--preferrably before he connects me with that $%^& newscast. The holo Doc showed us before I opened my big mouth, he seemed to like models. See if we could build a couple of our own. Part of himself pointed out that making friends with a kid was a classic way to become real good friends with his mom. Kyle silently told that part to "Shut up!"

Kiry, as gently as she could, guided her son with an arm around the shoulders, steering him towards the van. She tired to keep her hands from trembling, still hating herself. Tetengo was too scared to even speak. And even if it were "in-character," she didn't dare reassure him out in the open-- it would endanger Tetengo or her friends, if she lost it. Just a few more seconds, she told herself, slipping her free hand into the compact medical kit on her belt. Kiry's fingers found the prepared skin-popper, then slipped past it to close on something else.
At the hovervan, she gave him a light push towards the door Tatsu had opened, making him enter ahead of her and Troy, and hastily followed. As Tetengo sat gingerly she pressed a candy bar--and the small item--into his hand. "Here."

Looking again into her "baby's" fear-filled eyes before they dropped to what she'd given him, feeling his sweaty hand, was as much as the mother could take. Kiry pulled the mirror-shades off suddenly-teary eyes, and tossed them aside as she dropped into the seat beside Tetengo, hugging him. "It's OK, I'm here, it's OK." Kiry, tears runnung down her cheeks, looked up at the Twi'lek woman. "Thank you--how do I get this glop off?" she asked almost plaintively, before turning her full attention back to her sweet boy.

Dr_Worm
15 January 2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Ris
"It's OK, I'm here, it's OK." Kiry, tears runnung down her cheeks, looked up at the Twi'lek woman. "Thank you--how do I get this glop off?" she asked almost plaintively, before turning her full attention back to her sweet boy.

"Oh no, Doc." Troykaw said, wiping the tears from the woman's face as gently as she could so as not to mar the disguise.
"We are not out of this yet. This is what we call 'auttmn time' on the feild, becuase it seems like you are in the clear, but things can fall apart quickly." She held Kiry's shoulder firmly and spoke close to her ear so that the child would not hear. "Until you are safe in an off-planet safe house you cannot let that steel melt. The life of your son depends on it. You will have a little time for reunions back at the warehouse, but we have to start thinking about getting off this light-forsaken rock."

Rostek
15 January 2005, 05:57 PM
Eronn looked over- "Well, in all fairness, given the stressful nature of the op- one can't blame an amateur. Still, Troy's right, this bad boy can still go to hell in handbasket at any moment... so should anyone stop us, kid, look scared-" Eronn sized him up "-what you're doing now will be fine, and Doc... act angry, like an Imp." He said, wiping some sweat from his brow. "So shall we save the introductions and tearful hugging and whatnot for home?" he said with as reassuring a smile as the prosthetic allowed. "Let us exeunt!" he said loudly in his "Captain Kolzaar" voice to the driver, as Eronn sat back in his seat.

Ronin
15 January 2005, 06:48 PM
After finishing his look-about, Tatsu gets into the van where he was sat on the way to the school.
Noticing the outpouring of emotion in the back causes him to pause, unsure of what to do. He is happy to see the relief on Kiry's face, but like Troy and Eronn, he realises they're not safe yet.
Taking out his commlink he pauses, composing a message in his head before speaking on the channel assigned to Savan;
"Son! It's your brother here! Are you there?! Your mother, she is worried! She says you never call or write. What is wrong with you? Did mother and father not raise you correctly! What would your aunt say?! We are having a family reunion. You know the place! Will you not come?"

Ris
16 January 2005, 08:04 AM
The firm pressure of Troy's hand on her shoulder is both reassurance and warning for the mother. Kiry forces herself to just listen to the other woman's words for a few moments, although she continues to stroke her son's hair.

"Oh no, Doc...Until you are safe in an off-planet safe house you cannot let that steel melt. The life of your son depends on it. You will have a little time for reunions back at the warehouse, but we have to start thinking about getting off this light-forsaken rock."

Aside from her outburst probably confusing and scaring Tetengo more, Troy is right. However understandable and natural a reaction, it's endangering her son--and those who've risked themselves for her and Tetengo's sakes.


"So shall we save the introductions and tearful hugging and whatnot for home?" (Erron) said with as reassuring a smile as the prosthetic allowed.
"Yes, home--Auntie's. I'm sorry..." Kiry trails off. She tells Tetengo, "They're right. They will keep us safe, but we must help them do so. Just look scared and sit stiffly and quietly. We'll soon be somewhere we can explain it all to you. And listen to you, darling."


"Let us exeunt!" he said loudly in his "Captain Kolzaar" voice to the driver, as Eronn sat back in his seat.
"Y'sir!" Kyle replies, engaging the van and giving the outriders the signal that they are moving out. "To our regroup point, and then Aunt Imau's?" he confirms with Erron.

darth_wyld
20 January 2005, 02:25 AM
Seth nearly jumped when they came out of the building. His instincts pushed the "Danger! Imps!" button before he realized who they were. He began to smile slightly, seeing the boy between them. He got back into the saddle and waited for the signal.

"We're not home yet!" he reminded himself...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
21 January 2005, 07:15 PM
For Tetengo, it was/he was...estranged. From his initial scaredness being taken from recess to the Principles office where several Imperials stood wasn't good, considering mom had just been kidnapped. Then escorted outside to be taken somewheres, in an unmarked white hovervan that had to be the scariest thing he ever experianced.

A candy bar and something else he was given once in the van- upon closer inspection was a wings pin by the lady, in which moments later had changed everything when she hugged and spoke to him in the voice he would only know as his- mom! And she was almost the same as when he forgot to tell her he was going over to a friends after school one day and finally came home later that night.

There was that feeling of joy and familiar sense of security knowing now mom was here - but that was cut short. Tetengo was still confused why was mom frantic, a woman in Imperial uniform telling mom they're not out of this yet then whispered more into her ear, and some other Imperial looking guy with a metal plate covering part of his face turned around and said to act like an Imp, then another guy spoke some family talk that didn't make any sense...


"Son! It's your brother here! Are you there?! Your mother, she is worried! She says you never call or write. What is wrong with you? Did mother and father not raise you correctly! What would your aunt say?! We are having a family reunion. You know the place! Will you not come?"

There was nothing but silence. With not even a click or two, Eerie endless silence is all that replied in turn to the coded query...




As the Van's motor started up, and they began to drive away from the school, "Home? Aunties? We're going to Antiles place?" Tetengo asked with a bit of excitment, then a dreaded feeling came over him, he continued to ask. A concerned / scared look fell upon on his face, as some things still didnt seem right. "Mom...? Whats happening? Why is this strange man telling you to act like an Imp, and all of you dressed like them? ... And when I saw you kidnapped on the news yesterday by some dangerous killer escaped rebel! I thought I was never gonna see you again Momma!" Tetengo suddenly returns the favor, wrapping both arms tight around mom, that last bit of realization came out after having welled up inside him. His eyes had watered and tears ran down his cheeks but he wasn't really crying, well at least not sobbing. He was still confused and scared, and mom was the only thing he knew. Well kinda- her hair was different and her skin darker too. Despite uncertainties, there was still that strong familiar bond that only a son could feel.

As mother and son reunited, the team was driving their enterage through downtown, about midways to their planned destination- if it could be considerd almost everything was going acording to plan... Its what wasn't happening that was unsettling, and as if to make things worse, up ahead and coming closer in the opposite lane - a speeder bike & van escort headed their way. Six bikes in two lines of three infront of the white unmarked hovervan, six more same formation behind it. If they continued a similar course... Its aparent the difference of just by a few minutes longer delay would have meant...

[edit] - tweek lines removed / corrected! (accidental metagamed)

Ronin
22 January 2005, 06:52 AM
After getting nothing but silence from his comlink, Tatsu leans forward so that only Kyle and Eronn can hear him; "this is bad...I am sure that Savan would contact us. I have a very bad feeling about this."
He briefly thought about all the gear and personal possessions they had given their Falleen comrade to take care of...Tatsu's spear had been dear to him...but it was afterall just an object, it had no spirit. He would miss it's familiar feel in his palms if he never saw it again...but the feelling would be fleeting...he had known Savan a scant few hours, had barely talked to him. Tatsu regretted this now...wished he'd got to know him better. Not just so that he'd know if Savan was the kind to ignore com-calls...but Tatsu had lost his cell early yesterday...and he didn't plan on adding Savan to the list of lost friends unless he absolutely had to.

When he spotted the convoy of doubtlessly Imperial vehicles heading in the opposite direction he knew it had to be the real Imperials heading to the school for Tetengo.
"Kyle, as soon as they pass us, it might be wise to increase our speed somewhat, do you not think? I have a feeling that Mr Halleck is going to be getting a very familiar visit very soon."
"Eronn; we are all in Imperial issue uniforms...which we had better ditch extremely quickly. With Savan and our change of clothes quite possibly compromised, we need a new plan. Soon. I think we should still head to the rendezvous, I would rather not give up on Savan quite yet, but we should be extra wary...and thinking ahead about new cover and clothes."
He then sat back, hoping they could avoid worrying Kiry and Tetengo. He was sure that Troy knew exactly what was going on, she was clearly sharp and aware. Her advice and insight would be invaluable.
"Troy, could you join us in the front?"

Rostek
22 January 2005, 09:27 AM
When he spotted the convoy of doubtlessly Imperial vehicles heading in the opposite direction he knew it had to be the real Imperials heading to the school for Tetengo.
"Kyle, as soon as they pass us, it might be wise to increase our speed somewhat, do you not think? I have a feeling that Mr Halleck is going to be getting a very familiar visit very soon."
"Not good." Eronn said flatly as the convoy passed. "A rather excellent idea Tat... perhaps we should move into a parking garage and find some alternative routeing." Eronn said, removing the glue dissolvant from his pocket and unscrewing the cap.


"Eronn; we are all in Imperial issue uniforms...which we had better ditch extremely quickly. With Savan and our change of clothes quite possibly compromised, we need a new plan. Soon. I think we should still head to the rendezvous, I would rather not give up on Savan quite yet, but we should be extra wary...and thinking ahead about new cover and clothes."
"A rather astute observation." he deadpanned "I think we should perhaps try to find an alternate source of clothing... and as for the rendevous, we should keep the main group a couple blocks away to keep them safe, then you, me and Seth can scout it out. No sexism intended ladies, but you're either too conspicuous or too necessary for the mission outcome to risk." he said to the occupants of the vehicle.


"Troy, could you join us in the front?"
"Yes, please do, we were just having a lovely discussion that your particular skill will be useful for furthering." Eronn then slathered the solvent on the faceplate, and with a yank pulled it off. He gave his face an experimental twist or three, then wiped the excess off.


"Mom...? Whats happening? Why is there this alien umm- Tweek woman in uniform? The Empire don't like aliens! WHy is this strange man telling you to act like an Imp, and all of you dressed like them? ... And when I saw you kidnapped on the news yesterday by some dangerous killer escaped rebel! I thought I was never gonna see you again Momma!" Tetengo suddenly returns the favor, wrapping both arms tight around mom, that last bit of realization came out after having welled up inside him. His eyes had watered and tears ran down his cheeks but he wasn't really crying, well at least not sobbing.
"Oh, are we going to have a story to tell you, kid." Eronn said "The crazy thing about news is that your only getting what the people making the news want you to... the galaxy is a far more interesting- and dangerous- place than the Empire would have you believe, young man." Eronn said

Dr_Worm
23 January 2005, 10:54 AM
Troy moved to the front of the van and smiled a toothy grin, "Well if everyone wants to go balls out I'm your girl." She pulled the hair piece off and checked her weapon. "First of all do not accelerate until we are clear of visual detection. That will most assuridly draw attention. Second, let's think about what they are looking for. They are looking for a group, so splitting up may be a good idea. They are looking of humans, so I am a bit in the clear. The hardest thing to hide is the kid. He does not look enough like a Ugnat and there are no Jawa robes handy."

Tatsu, I don't want to give up on Savan either, but think about it. If he is dead or captured we disshonor his sacrifice by risking ourselves. We need to clear ourselves first. We have no idea where he was captured, and the Imps may be just using it as a lure to get the rest of us to investigate."

Ris
23 January 2005, 11:46 AM
Kiry just enjoyed the knowledge Tetengo was with her and safe--at least for a few moments. Her companions were right--they were all still in danger, and her son had more questions that she had expected. He was growing up--fast.


And when I saw you kidnapped on the news yesterday by some dangerous killer escaped rebel! I thought I was never gonna see you again Momma!" Tetengo suddenly returns the favor, wrapping both arms tight around mom, that last bit of realization came out after having welled up inside him.
Kiry hugged him back tight, almost desperately. She too had been afraid she'd never see her son again. She'd questioned herself silently over and over--why had she risked him? "It's ok, no one kidnapped me--it was all faked--just like some action holo," she explained softly. Where to start? "You know I didn't like this TDY, that I wanted to transfer back out. And then my bosses wanted to take you away. I wasn't about to let them. So I left, darling. It's too long to explain everything right now, Tetengo. We need to get somewhere safe--just like in those adventure-holos," she tried to make it sound exciting.

And then she looked out the windows to see the other convoy looking so similar--the ones sent by her bosses to take her child away. They'd have either told him she was dead & sent him to COMPNOR to be molded in their image--or found some way to use him as bait to lure her out and back into their hands, where her fate wouldn't have been nearly as pleasant as Kyle's--and then school him. ISB was not clean, not like serving with the TIE squadrons had been. It's people weren't honorable like her father.

Hoping her son didn't sense her unease at the sight she settled back with her arm around him. "The wisest thing for us is to let my friends plan a bit while we rest." Kiry picked up a few words of the conversation up front--they were worried about both Savan & the other convoy, were planning to split up, and needed new clothing.

Up front, Kyle nodded at the instructions about speed. "I'll hold off until they've made that turn, then speed up. I'm not sure our old rondevouz will be healthy for any of us--but it's the best way to meet up with Savan. Maybe they're just questioning him at every checkpoint..." But the pilot didn't believe that, himself. Does anyone know where we can get clothes? Doc & I just grabbed some stuff--but I don't think we can do that in these clothes...If we do split up Troy, you or Tatsu had best stay with the Doc--whichever has the best chance of getting either of them back to Auntie's safely. "

red5_5
23 January 2005, 12:23 PM
Adramé drives her bike, obeying the speed limit, and watches as the convoy approaches. Not good. Adramé looks over at Seth and gives him a hopeful smile. I hope we make it out of this alive.

Turning her attention back to the road, she listens to the conversation inside the van on her comlink. Deciding to give her opinion, Adramé says into the comlik, "If we decide to split up, I can take another person on my bike. Then I can make for my parents house, I'm sure they will hide me and anyone I take. There are also some extra clothes at the house, too."

Dr_Worm
23 January 2005, 12:41 PM
"I may not be one of the humans they are looking for, but I do stand out amongst humans. I might draw unwanted attention to the Doc and her son. I hate to admit it, but Stick Boy here is probably a better companion." She nudged Tatsu in the ribs with the last comment.

Listening to the last comment, Troy stck her head in the back of the van. "Kiry, is there any chance that your brave son there might like a speederbike ride? We might have to split up for an hour or so and rondevouz later. It might be best if your son had the speediest getaway."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
23 January 2005, 01:46 PM
Tetengo blinked away the tears and wiped his eyes with his hand, looking at the one woman slid to the front who then pulled her hair off???


"You know I didn't like this TDY, that I wanted to transfer back out. And then my bosses wanted to take you away. I wasn't about to let them. So I left, darling. It's too long to explain everything right now, Tetengo. We need to get somewhere safe--just like in those adventure-holos," she tried to make it sound exciting.

"Fake? It looked pretty real to me mom." Tetengo replied, with a slight bit of annoyance, "You could've let me know instead of scaring me like that...scared Aunt Antiles half to death too while you were at it" He sighed. "You keep saying Auntie's, which aunties? Antiles?"


"Kiry, is there any chance that your brave son there might like a speederbike ride? We might have to split up for an hour or so and rondevouz later. It might be best if your son had the speediest getaway."

"Mom, you know shes a- alien-ummm tweek? what kind of friends of yours are these anyhow?" Looking up at mom's face, at the tweek, and back again, "Mom, do I have to? what if something happens for real this time???"

Ronin
23 January 2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Dr_Worm
"I may not be one of the humans they are looking for, but I do stand out amongst humans. I might draw unwanted attention to the Doc and her son. I hate to admit it, but Stick Boy here is probably a better companion." She nudged Tatsu in the ribs with the last comment.


Tatsu actually smiled at that.

"Splitting up may be a very good course of action indeed..." Tatsu thought outloud, then spoke into his commlink; "Adrame, how close is your parent's place? We do all need a change of clothing, but it will end their lives here if we turn up at their house as an Imperial convoy. I think it might cause some significant gossip, and should the real Imperials come calling, we implicate your family. I cannot ask you to risk them."

Hearing Tetengo ask about where they're going, he turn to the boy; "Tetengo. You know where Aunt Antillies lives? Do you know her commcode? We would like to call her and tell her that you are safe." He smiles before turning back to Troy and the others.

"We cannot risk compromising Antilles by going to her place, ofcourse, but if we contact her, perhaps she can help us..."

"As for splitting up: what teams do you suggest? As Eronn said; myself, he and Seth could head for the rendezvous, while the rest of you split up and head back to Auntie's. How does that sound?"

Ris
24 January 2005, 05:28 PM
"Fake? It looked pretty real to me mom." Tetengo replied, with a slight bit of annoyance...
Kiry couldn't help chuckling at that, but cut it off quickly--too easy to become hysterical, she thought. "I didn't make that holo, my bosses at ISB had it done. You wheedled enough simulator sessions out of you grandpa to know how realistic something unreal can seem."


"You keep saying Auntie's, which aunties? Antilles?"
"No, another--place. Is she alright? Did she take good care of you?" The Doc couldn't help asking the motherly questions.


"Mom, you know shes a- alien-ummm tweek? what kind of friends of yours are these anyhow?" Looking up at mom's face, at the tweek, and back again, "Mom, do I have to? what if something happens for real this time???"
"It'sTwi'lek, Tetengo. She's a Twi'lek," Kiry corrected. The more dire the situation, the more it seems you fall back on habits--like correcting your child's pronunciation. "And yes, these people are our friends." But the thought of Tetengo riding off without her was unbearable. "I--don't think so. Hopefully not. But keeping you safe is the important thing." She hugged him again.

__________
Kyle Tel concentrated on their route, for the most part, but spared some attention for the planning.

"We cannot risk compromising Antilles by going to her place, of course, but if we contact her, perhaps she can help us..."
"She should be able to--from what Kiry told me, she was going to be able to get me out, and get the Noors somewhere safe too--or get us hooked up with whatever cell could. But we tried all Kiry's contact info and the recognition codes I had for her at Imau's & no luck. They've either been cancelled, or she's afraid or unable to answer them."


"As for splitting up: what teams do you suggest? As Eronn said; myself, he and Seth could head for the rendezvous, while the rest of you split up and head back to Auntie's. How does that sound?"
I think that would be best. Generous and wise as Adrame's offer, I'm certain Kiry isn't going to let Tetengo be separated from her again. So how do we split up? I stay with our little family--while the other 2 lovelies team up? There's a thought--they might want to check with Adrame's parents. Wasn't she wanting to take them along or something anyways?"

Dr_Worm
24 January 2005, 06:11 PM
"I could do that, though I am not a good passenger. People seem to think I tell them what to do too much"Troy said with a wink. " Whadda ya say Adrame, am I the kind of girl you'd like to take back home to meet mommy and daddy?"

red5_5
24 January 2005, 08:24 PM
Adramé laughs and says, "Of course I'd be happy to take you home. My parents aren't afraid of nonhumans like the Imps. Maybe we can make it a full-fledged sleepover with pillow fights, holodramas, and prank calls. This is going to be sooooo much fun!"

darth_wyld
24 January 2005, 11:49 PM
Maybe we can make it a full-fledged sleepover with pillow fights, holodramas, and prank calls. This is going to be sooooo much fun!

Seth's expression froze, as his imagination ran wild, then a wide grin appeared on his face.

"Eerrr... I like Adramé's idea, count me in!"

Ronin
25 January 2005, 05:10 AM
"Sorry Seth, you will have to reign in that charm of yours for the moment if you are to accompany myself and Eronn to the rendezvous point," Tatsu comments.

The mood of the group certainly seemed to be lightening, as it often did after you'd put your life on the line....though Tatsu knew they were far from being in the clear yet.

"Adrame, from here how long would it take you to get to your parent's home? Could we all wait in a back alley while Adrame and Troy head off to get us changes of clothes? The fact that we don't have civilian ID on us is a concern too."

Remembering Eronn's earlier suggestion; "I think it would be wise if we were to appropriate some new forms of transport...at least doing away with this truck. If we see a speeder-park with not-too-heavy traffic...it would be breaking the law...but I do not think that any of us hold the law in any particularly high regard on this planet..."

Rostek
25 January 2005, 08:03 AM
Eronn smiled at Tatsu's comments. A near death situation tends to make people very sensitive, and a little humor with their situation is usually a positive.
"We should allow the ladies to approach the parents for some clothing and perhaps sanctuary for Doc and the boy. We've still got some time till the rendevous- do we want to try that first? Or do we wish to head to the "dealership"?" he says, making the little quotation marks with his fingers.

red5_5
25 January 2005, 05:07 PM
"Eerrr... I like Adramé's idea, count me in!"

Adramé looks over at Seth and smiles, "Maybe some other time Seth. I bet my parents would love to meet you. But right now, we have a situation to get out of." Collecting her thoughts, Adramé answers Tatsu, "My parents house is about ten minutes from here, excluding time for check points, in the old housing district. It's too bad we forgot to get some fake civilian IDs, they could have come in handy. But, Troy and I can get to my house pretty fast and get some clothes for everyone."

Dr_Worm
25 January 2005, 07:23 PM
"Well then I guess I have to wear this bloody fur again." Troy said securing the wig back on to her head and hiding her Leku. "Find an ally and I'll slip out and hop on the sissy seat of that bike."

red5_5
29 January 2005, 05:57 PM
"There's an alley up here. It looks empty from here. I'll go in first, then the truck. Troy get ready to hop out." Adramé drives the speeder bike into the alley and parks it, but she leaves the engine on. Waiting for Troy, she looks over to Seth again and waves, "I'll see you later. Keep yourself safe until I get back."

Ris
30 January 2005, 04:34 PM
Kyle smoothly followed the speeder into the alley, and parked. He spoke into the commlink. "Seth, keep an eye on the alley entrance, could you? Good luck, ladies--and puh-lease find something prettier to wear. That style is so unbecoming," he adds with as much cheeriness as he can muster.

Kiry touches Troy's arm as the Twi'lek woman prepares to leave. "Take care, you and Adrame' both. Please tell her." The human doctor's expression says much more than the simple words. In addition to a mother's gratitude, Kiry felt a true kinship with the woman; an unexpected friendship, with someone who didn't seem as different from her after all. She hoped the 2 women would make it safely to Adrame's home and back. Kiry looked back at her son. "Tetengo, this is Troy'kaw, my friend." The sooner, she decides, that Tetengo starts thinking of her as something other than an alien, the better. Kiry gives her son a smiling Parental Look that says plainly, Say "hello" politely.

Once Troy leaves, Kiry introduces the men to Tetengo. At this point, she only gives their first names, and not what they are, although she is sure the intelligent boy has figured it out.
"So what is the final plan? Do we wait here for Adrame' & Troy, then?" Although she addresses no one in particular, she looks over at Tatsu involuntarily. Her expression is trusting, but he can see that the fear for her son--and them all--is replacing the initial relief.

Dr_Worm
30 January 2005, 07:40 PM
"Don't worry, Kiry, Adrame can keep me out of trouble." Troy said with a wink.

After the introduction, Troy crouched next to the human boy, "Call me Troy," she said hiding her teeth the best she could. "Your mom here is a hero, you know. She saved herself and you from evil people. Where I come from we trust and love our heroes, so you can trust her when she says I'm okay. Remember, though, that just like you cannot trust every human, you cannot trust every Twi'lek either, especially the male ones. You just keep listening to your mom, and she will tell you who she can trust."

With and automatic habitual scan of the allyway, Troy hoped out and straddled the bike. "Don't you worry either," she said quietly in Adrame's ear, "I won't sqeeze too hard."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
30 January 2005, 09:56 PM
"It's Twi'lek, Tetengo. She's a Twi'lek, Kiry corrected."

"Oh, sorry, I thought it was 'Tweek'. Never had any Twi-lek friends before." Tetengo apologized, being careful to pronounce the word properly.



Kiry looked back at her son. "Tetengo, this is Troy'kaw, my friend." The sooner, she decides, that Tetengo starts thinking of her as something other than an alien, the better. Kiry gives her son a smiling Parental Look that says plainly, Say "hello" politely.
After the introduction, Troy crouched next to the human boy, "Call me Troy," she said hiding her teeth the best she could. "Your mom here is a hero, you know. She saved herself and you from evil people. Where I come from we trust and love our heroes, so you can trust her when she says I'm okay. Remember, though, that just like you cannot trust every human, you cannot trust every Twi'lek either, especially the male ones. You just keep listening to your mom, and she will tell you who she can trust."

"Uhhh, Hi- Troy. Umm, ok I guess." Tetengo did as he was asked then watched her exit the van. It was a bit akward for him, talking to a nonhuman, and one that was just in the bench infront of his. The rest of the guys sofar seemed human, as he was introduced to them.



Out front, Adrame's speeder exits at the other end of the alley, yeilds for the slight traffic then turns into the lane and vanishes from view.

"So, ummmm, like, whats happening now?" Tetengo braved a question, it was kinda starting to get boring for him, despite all things...

Ronin
30 January 2005, 10:44 PM
Tatsu smiles at Tetengo and bows; "my name is Tatsumaru. Please call me Tatsu. I am pleased to meet you."

He gives Troy a slight nod as she climbed out of the speedertruck. She didn't need to be told what to do, the woman clearly knew how to handle herself and look after others.

He sighed. Another period of waiting. He was steadily getting used to relying on and being responsible for others, but it was taking time. He reached for his knife to begin sharpening it, as he often did when forced to wait, but then realised that it might unnerve Tetengo.

"Well, with Seth keeping an eye on one end of the alley, one of us had better watch the other...but these uniforms are no good...Eronn; what are you wearing under your jacket? Or could you turn it inside out? If one of us could at least change our upper-half clothing, then keep the rest hidden behind that dumpster up ahead, they wouldn't attract too much attention..."

He comms Seth; "Seth, can you ditch that dress jacket? Tear or scuff your boots and pants too. Try to look like a biker if you can."

darth_wyld
30 January 2005, 11:59 PM
"Seth, can you ditch that dress jacket? Tear or scuff your boots and pants too. Try to look like a biker if you can."

"Roger that! One swoop-ganger coming up!"

From his lookout, a bit hidden by crates and dumpsters he tries to create a look in the style of: "I'm so cool, I wear military surplus!" without looking too suspicious.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
1 February 2005, 12:29 AM
"Uhh, Hi Tatsu..." Tetengo replied...

Why was it that seconds always felt like hours when he was bored? There just wasn't anything to occupy his attention. Tetengo looked around the van - behind the seats, side interior, at the ceiling, at the floor... He decided to move his feet around, kinda let them dangle from the edge of the seat, and sway them back and forth - richocette to the backside of the bench and back again... >thumpty-thump..thump... <

Though from the slight shoulder squeeze and little sideways nod his mom gave him, Tetengo stopped it, then decided to sway his feet side to side, this time the shoes swifting across the thin padded carpet. There was more than enough leg room at least, the van seemed fairly roomy in comparison to the smaller landspeeders like Aunt Antiles had.

Suddenly, Tetengo's shoe brushed just slightly too hard against the rug, and a peice of the rug flapped open, then fell back in place soon after the shoe was lifted. However, It caught Tetengo's imediate attention.

"Hey, lookit this!" Tetengo slid down from the bench, squatting on the floor, and with his hands, looking for the cut peice of floor carpet. It took a minute or two of feeling and "testing" the rug, as the rug was near seamless (and lack of full light from being parked in the back alley). But Tetengo found it, and pulled it all the way.

It was a rectangular patch of rug, aprox 12 inches by 8 inches, cut on 3 edges to allow folding back. With the peice of rug aside, there was a smoothly placed metal box compartment lid set into the floor with a small inset lift-up handle. Tetengo lifted and pulled the handle, the lid was perfectly fit and came of easily. The box was slightly smaller on the inside, by an inch on each side. The compartment was 6 inches deep aprox, and had a few items in it.

"Looks like I found something! Lookit this!" Tetengo anounced exitedly, like a kid his age would when opening presents. "We got some plates of some sort" Tetengo said, reaching in and lifting them out, placing them on the bench by his mom, "Whoa! A datapad! and a datadard! I wonder if it has any games on it?!? Its not labled or nothin, and uhh, theres a datapad cord here too and a multi-tool. Dunno what for..." Tetengo finished, slightly puzzled...

Ris
1 February 2005, 03:13 AM
Kiry tried to be patient with her son's restlessness. It wasn't any different from what she and the men were feeling after all, just expressed in a--more annoying--way. She wished she'd thought to bring a game or something. I'm thinking like we're on a pleasure-trip! Kiry was about to ask TAtsu to show them both some of the relaxation exercises that were often included in martial arts, when Tetengo found a distraction.
She couldn't help being pleased at her son's find. "He's always been digging into things," she told the men with a proud smile. "When he was little, he was always trying to reach & get into my medical bag. Let's see what you've found, it might be very useful." she told Tetengo, joining him, a bit awkwardly, on the floor. "Maybe it does have a game or 2--but let's have someone else check it out, first. How about asking Erron and Kyle to help you find out what is on it?"

Rostek
1 February 2005, 08:06 AM
"Hello- I'm Eronn. I've got a little brother about your age." Eronn said to Tetenago. That actually wasn't quite true, Eronn realized. Luc had been that age when Eronn had last seen him- 2 years ago. Still, in Eronn's mind, Luc would be at that age until he saw him again... hopefully sooner rather than later, but unlikely in the near future.
He turned to Tatsu- "I've got a regular t-shirt- I can't stand the standard issue undershirt, it makes me itch."
As he spoke, the boy's prodding of the matting revealed what appeared to be a treasure trove.
"Looks like we won't have to go speeder shopping after all." Eronn said, gently picking up the plates and examining them.

He's always been digging into things," she told the men with a proud smile. "When he was little, he was always trying to reach & get into my medical bag. Let's see what you've found, it might be very useful."
Eronn smiled "All boys are like that at that age- Luc preferred extravagent treasure hunts involving actual digging." he barked a laugh.
"I think you may have found a major simplifier for this job." Eronn told Tetenago.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
2 February 2005, 12:43 PM
"Maybe it does have a game or 2--but let's have someone else check it out, first. How about asking Erron and Kyle to help you find out what is on it?"

Tetengo sighed, "Oh alright..." Tetengo passed both the plates, datapad, unlabled datacard, and cata cable up to the guys in the front seat... Though he held onto the multitool to fidget with in his hands... He'd give it if asked, he supposed..

The one called Erron talked a bit about Luc, as well as saying something about their job... what job? "Hey, uhh, whats this job your always talking about?" Tetengo had to ask.

Rostek
2 February 2005, 01:06 PM
Eronn accepted the equipment from Tetengo- "Thank you." and he then turned on the datapad and examined the initial menus- digging through their contents before inserting the datacard.

The one called Erron talked a bit about Luc, as well as saying something about their job... what job? "Hey, uhh, whats this job your always talking about?" Tetengo had to ask.
Eronn laughed a little bit- "Currently? Rescuing you. In General? That one will have to wait until we get back to our lair." he said happily, tapping the on-screen menu on the datapad.

Ronin
3 February 2005, 06:26 AM
"While you're looking at those," Tatsu says to Eronn, indicating the datacards, I'll keep an eye out down the alleyway."

Stepping out of the speeder he takes his cue from Seth and scuffs his boots, puts on his cap backwards, takes off his dress shirt and goes for the ganger-wearing mil-surplus look. He makes sure his knife is still in his boot, and shifts his holstered blaster pistol to the back of his waist. He keeps his stun rod in hand, in a reversed grip so it is relatively hidden behind his forearm.

He really wishes he'd kept his old vest, as the air, though not chilly, is rather cold against his bare, muscular torso as he wanders up the alley to lean against the wall behind a dumpster, keeping an eye out that end of the alleyway but trying to be inconspicuous.

Rostek
3 February 2005, 10:12 AM
"While you're looking at those," Tatsu says to Eronn, indicating the datacards, I'll keep an eye out down the alleyway."
"Very well- I'll change quick." Eronn said. Setting down the datapad while the card loaded, he stepped out of the door and pulled off his uniform coat- revealing a copius amount of body hair (also turning prematurely white) over his lum gut and man-b- err... chest. He quickly pulled his shirt back over his torso, then put the unbuttoned jacket over it and scuffed up his pants to match the other two men's look and rolled up his unifor sleeves to his elbows for even great effect.

Ris
4 February 2005, 03:22 AM
As Tatsu prepared to take up "guard duty," Kiry Noor told him, "Be careful--I--ah, really don't want to have to weld you back together." I sound like a fool! But even under the circumstances, the Doc couldn't help admiring how Tatsu looked shirtless--or recalling being pressed against it so briefly while they had sparred. But that memory brought to the fore a more recent one--the look on Tetengo's face as he'd walked into the office, a look that spelled "crush" clearly--& how it had changed to fear when he'd seen them. Her baby boy was growing up... That mix of pride and worry kept her mind & heart occupied for a bit, as she sat next to him, absently offering him and Kyle a snack. Idly she picked up the TIE-wings, which were attached to a necklace chain, that Tetengo had let fall to the seat when he discovered the compartment. She smiled as she replaced the necklace around her own neck. It was one of the few mementos she had of that innocent affair with Maryn--besides the precious youth nearby.

Kyle suggested to Tatsu before he stepped out, "Maybe this would be a good time to change out one of the plates the boy found." As he munched the fruit Kiry passed up to him, Kyle considered their new "Team member." Tetengo was small for his age, but there was such a range of maturity--in all ways--in the late preteens & early teens. He was certainly smart and inquisitive, and his mother did dote on him, as she should. And he was bored--or course. Kyle decided to try to keep the boredom from returing, since the items wouldn't hold his interest while Erron worked with them.
"So, Tetengo, have you ever played Hyper-star? Doesn't it have some cool snubs? I heard they got real engineers to design 'em. Or do you prefer the treasure-quests? I always liked Commando Princess myself. C'Lara has the hottest fig--I mean her weaponry is so cool!" He hoped Kiry hadn't caught that slip--he'd hear about it later. He chuckled, recalling the last note form his twin Guay. Guay had described his pretty wing's reaction to discovering that he'd "improved" her copy of the game by making a C'Lara skin that showed lots of extra skin. Guay'd had to do some major damage control to mollify the lady--including, but not limited to, creating a "Hunky Prince" skin to her exacting specifications.

Ronin
5 February 2005, 06:27 PM
Tatsu nodded, taking the plates from Kyle and changing those on their speeder, handing the old ones back to Kyle before Tatsu wandered up the alley and took his position.

Leaning against the alley's wall he started thinking about Kyle; he seemed a good man under his typical flyboy exterior. He'd gone through hell at the hands of the Empire, Tatsu could see that. The fact that Kiry and Tatsu were getting on well seemed to grate with Kyle...clearly his close proximity to Kiry during incarceration and their joint escape had forged a bond between them...Tatsu wondered just how strong is was, and if it was mutual.
He caught himself.
Stay focused.
He'd never let his heart rule his spirit before.
He laughed inside. Maybe the others thought he was, or he was trying to be, the typical lone warrior: no attachments, no feelings. Troy had even said that he spoke like a Jedi. That had hit a nerve, but not in a way any of them could have suspected.
And he wasn't so similar to those figures of legend, or so he thought. He and the other monks had been told to embrace their instincts, their feelings and emotions, to use them...it was just that Tatsu used them to fuel a certain side of his spirit...one that hadn't had much use recently and was begging at the back of his mind for a release.
He'd better go through a harsh exercise regime when they got back to Auntie's.
And he'd better keep his damned eyes on the here and now, he reminded himself.

Vanger Chevane
12 February 2005, 06:17 PM
I've been a baaad AGM. :o


Aradme' and Troy'Kaw arrive at the Morituri's, everything looks peaceful.

Meanwhile, back in the alley, Erron finds a program on the
datapad (http://rt-ma.org/SWchar/RG2/equipment/Card0.htm) that looks odd, and there's that interface cable that'll jack into the control console of the WatanaVan.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
18 February 2005, 01:32 AM
Closer inspection upon arriving at Adreme's parents house, there dosn't apear to be anyone home. Driveway empty, and the family speeder is not in the garage. Front & back door is locked, and the gate to the back yard is closed.

In the back alley, between the two alleyway entrances, an overhead garage door is rolled open, the metal chains clanking with each gear-notch, sounding in armfull strides. Something else besides the sound of the door being opened, somebody's voice, talking mile a minute...

A tall lanky guy w/ blond hair walks out, wearing a tee-shirt, cap, cargo pants and sneakers, openly cussing the Imperials and with everything that one should not say while there is routine patrols hovering up and down the streets.
"Frak Randyl, once we get oughta here, i'll show ya a joint on the other side of the galaxy where Zeltron Prostituion's still legal! We gonna get us some real red hot lovin hootie mama's! If it weren't for that frellin cross-dressin fraksmacker Remilard and his cadre of plasteel sterile doughboys lockin the spaceport we'd be halfways there already-"

A second person peers out around the corner, looks surprised, darts out from the garage, average height, hefty build, beared, dark hair, sneakers, ball-cap and trenchcoat, infront of the cussing lanky one, waves his hands at him, then jabs a thumb in the direction of the van.


Inside the van, Tetengo's curiosity captured by the bald guy- whats his name again? in the front seat, who was asking him about hologames... "Hyper-star? Kinda. Wrapped it in one weekend at Palo's house. We stayed up 'til almost next day to finish it. They used real engineers? I don't know about that, the game didn't seem nearly as good as the real sims. On hard the game was still easy, but on hardest - it was like impossible. Commando Princess, the guns were cool but the puzzle areas were like really annoying. I heard there were secret levels once you beat it, but I could never find those. You wanna know what is the coolest? the real Tie sims! Theres like this thing you sit in, the lid closes and it gets real dark. Theres like all these real buttons and stick, then the screen turns on and your like in a tie fighter, and yer in space and get to fly with or against others in the same room. Yeah, it was pretty awesome. This one time, we were to take out the main guys fighters while the others had to take out this whats-it, umm fishpeople's ship. They were like coming straight at us, I yanked hard right and forgot I had a wingman beside me and we like colided - both of us went spinning away - he spun right into the path of an enemy snub. I forgot and thought I really was spining, so I held onto the stick and was sqiueezing the trigger the whole time. I like slagged two of my own guys by that way, it was funny becuase they were yelling at each other and the controler guy was yelling to keep the yelling down, and they didnt know it was me til after. Then once I stopped spinning, I went chasing the enemy snubs arounnd, and accidentally blew away another of my guys team when i was chasing this snub who was chasing another on my guys team.I figured I'd better go help the other guys with the ship, but I didnt last too long after that - when I flew into the enemy ship hanger - was going too fast. Then after, we all got to goto the lounge for sodas and the instructor played the battle on the wallscreen. where everyone who was there was then laughing.Someone called it 'how not to fly a tie fighter. Another called it how to take out an enemy ship and half yer squadron too!" Tetengo was cracking up at the last bit.

Ronin
18 February 2005, 05:09 AM
Tatsu, spotting the less-than-stealthy pair, starts walking toward them.
Slowly, casually, not trying to alert or scare them...and giving the others in the van enough time to spot the pair of jokers too.
As he walks he hooks his thumb through his belt at his right hip, ready to slide it round and draw his blaster from its holster at the back of his
pants...and keeps the stunbaton against his left forearm, hidden as best as he can.
"Gentlemen, the walls have ears, do you not know? Idle talk costs
lives...though I am not here for yours."

Ris
20 February 2005, 09:39 AM
Kiry listened as Tetengo and Kyle gabbed about holo-games. At some point, she realized, the pilot had removed his wig. The doctor supposed it might confuse any pursuers who were looking for a van with a brunet driver--but Kiry didn't want her son connecting that driver with the kidnapper in the fake footage. Tetengo hadn't noticed, though. He was too busy giving his reviews of the 2 popular games. She listened to the 2 "boys," recalling time spent in the pilots' lounges with men--and a handful of women--whose health she was charged with.


"Hyper-star?... the game didn't seem nearly as good as the real sims.
Kyle chuckled, "They only paid 'em enough to do the designs--not program the game, I guess. None of the games are going to match the quality of a training simulator, but Hyper-star coulda been a lot better. Their atromech interactions were really bad. The designers were clueless about the little guys. Or did you try out those snubbies--some people don't," the Rebel added, recalling the kid had been partly raised by a talented TIE-jock & that Imperial Starfighter Command obviously wasn't into snubs with intergrated astromechs. Not surprising, considering how sucky their droid-brain-TIE's fly. This kid could prolly do better.


Commando Princess, the guns were cool but the puzzle areas were like really annoying. I heard there were secret levels once you beat it, but I could never find those.
Kyle slapped his knee. "Boy aren't they the worst? Who plays those things for the riddles and crypto? I did get into the secret levels and they are mega-cool. I don't have my copy, but if we find one, I'll try & remember the keys." Kyle wondered if he could--he'd cheated & got Tag, his astromech, to do the tedious work. The pilot started to tell Tetengo his high-tech cheat, but decided to save it for way later. Too much about astromechs right now might lead Tetengo to figure out too fast who he was--or rather what Raltiir ISB said he was.

Then, like one of the nimble Squints, Tetengo was off on another vector, regaling Kyle with his performance in a flight simulator. Kyle was surprised. The account was accurate enough, the kid couldn't be making it up, even from overhearing his grandpa's trainees talk. But would even the Imps recruit so young? If so, I understand why Doc would try anything to get him away from that!

Kiry listened to the boy describe that sim session, one she remembered well from a few years ago. Her soft laughter made Kyle turn fully around to stare at her, and her words erased his worry about one thing. "I did better than that! At least the few hits I scored were on the frigate!" She caught the pilot's incredulous look and explained. "There was a Family Day--makes for good will, morale, and all that. The pilots and cadet-trainees arrranged the sim-sessions.
"Of course, the inertial compensators and all had to be reset drastically to lessen the effects, we didn't want anyone space-sick; and everyone who wanted to try got checked over by me or the other flight surgeon. I was monitoring the telemetry for most of the sessions, including that one. My dad was laughing the whole time at his grandson--what a shock to his people. I think only his aide, who'd been with hiim since their Trainee days, wasn't surprised he could wear his uniform & laugh at the same time. But Tetengo's improved since then. Dad let him in the sims a lot after that."
"So you tried your hand on the stick, Doc?"
"Of course. Even when I was a girl he let me do the sims once in a while. I loved them almost as much as Tetengo. Dad could be very indulgent--if you stayed out of trouble and didn't sass back. The pilots wanted to get their wives and older daughters into the sims for 'Boys Against the Girls' & got me & Dree--a woman trainee--to 'lead' them. Naturally, they couldn't hit even the inside of the sim-cockpit with their own fists. Except for the Academy Commandant's fiesty mom--she was good!
"I think the 3 of us could have won the scenario by ourselves if Dad hadn't flown. He chased me & vaped me & the pilots razzed me mercilessly--said I prolly deserved it for all the stuff I'd done when I was a kid." She ruffled her son's hair. "And my handsome boy defended me so gallantly, Kyle. He told them they shouldn't be mean to his mom--'cause I could give shots & awful tests!"

Kyle laughed. "Well, he had a point! A real point!" As the conversation went one, Kyle thought about what Kiry had told him. Fun times, family times. You didn't think of an Imperial Colonel as having a daughter and grandson he doted on, or the grim TIE-jocks with families. And that brought another question to Kyle's mind. What little she'd told him of her life and family since they'd escaped the lab centered on her son and her father. Where was Kiry's husband, Tetengo's father? Images came to him. The holo of a teenage girl and a cadet who wasn't much older, at some formal to-do. Kiry's strong reaction when he'd asked--teased almost--about the youth. The TIE-wings she wore as a necklace-charm. Had that youth been someone who loved the pretty doc--and been killed, leaving her a child to remember him by? Kyle was smart enough to not ask.
He turned his attention back to games. "So you think the sims are better Tetengo?" Kyle Tel started to ask about new games, when the action outside the van caught his attention. He quietly slid his sidearm out of the holster, thumbed the safety off.

"Doc, we have some visitors. Civilians. I think Tatsu & the others can handle them, but just in case, you & Tetengo keep down out of sight. Let me play Sir Gallant the Protector this time," he added lightly, naming a character in a holo-game he and Guay had played as boys on Brentaal.

Rostek
20 February 2005, 10:55 AM
That's a hell of a thing... Eronn thought as he read the readouts. Between the plates and what he suspected was a holographic disguise system... they could still use the van, and they wouldn't have to ditch it. Good- However, Eronn noticed the "visitors", and refrains from initializing the program. It's usually best not to try a new stealth technique within the presence of non-group personel, after all.

darth_wyld
23 February 2005, 12:49 PM
Seth looked from his hideout in the alley towards the new arrivals.

Frell! Hope stickboy can handle them.

He then looked back at the street keeping his ears on the things behind him, nervously touching the blaster on his hip...

Vanger Chevane
25 February 2005, 01:38 PM
The taller one rounds on Tatsu in an almost agrressive fashion.

"Yo, what's this walls gots ears stuff? Everybody knows that the Imps gots theirs 'spy gear poodoo' everywhere. Like I was just tellin' Lunchbox here, {motions to Silent Bob} that fraksmacker and his goons gots the starport locked up tighter than a Twi babe's skintight undies.

Oh, and that huttslime remark 'bout ya not here to off us, ya's gots to know we's a coupla bad mandalmotors, you wouldn't wanna take us on."

Ronin
25 February 2005, 02:51 PM
"Gentlemen. You can holster your attitudes. You heard my words, but you did not listen to my message: I am not your enemy, and it seems clear that you are not mine."

Tatsu continues to approach them.
"If you are seeking a way off this planet, then perhaps myself and my associates can be of assistance."
He bows slightly, though not deeply enough to lose eye contact.
"You are Lunchbox, and...?"

This pair could prove to be dangerous, he thought. They were definitely unpredicable and likely to panic. If they too were Rebels, then a fight is the last thing anyone would want. He hoped they thought the same way.

Rostek
25 February 2005, 04:53 PM
Eronn gets out of the car to investigate, and hears that last bit of the convorsation.
They may be Rebel sympathizers... or Rebels (stupid ones at that).
"Guy- are you mad, or have you been sniffing adhesive? Unless you've got some sort of plan for getting off this rock, saying shtaf like that's a good way of getting your collective butts fried. Snoochie Bootchies." he added at the end- one of the code phrases he knew. If they should respond properly, then they could be dealt with as reletively trustworthy. Of course, if they stare at him blankly, they could simply be hurried away.
Eronn also noted that he resembled that shorter one greatly... if he grew a beard- Nah... I don't have the hair for it. he thought and shrugged to himself.

[OOC: For the love of- I even modeled Eronn after Kevin Smith a bit too :P]

Ris
28 February 2005, 09:44 AM
Kiry gave Kyle a worried look--with durasteel beneath it. Kyle admired the woman's courage & devotion. Tough lady--what a Rebel she'll make... he thought admiringly. But he shook his head in reply to her unspoken intent to help deal with the interlopers. He had to keep her safe--her son needed her, the team needed her, the Alliance needed her. Maybe he even needed her...but this wasn't the time or place to explore that further. "I said get down with the boy, Angel--always protect the kids and medics, I say," he told her firmly but not unkindly. "I'm Lead--you're Wing."
Reluctantly, Kiry complied & joined her son on the floor. Kyle was right, after all. "I wish I could tell what was going on though," she grumbled at the pilot.
"Not much," Kyle told her, "they're talking." He could pick up a few of the words being exchanged. "Sith! They sound like they're on spice--really good or really bad spice at that."
"Kyle!" Kiry snapped at him. "Remember, my son--"
"Sorry, Tetengo--gotta avoid shocking your mom, you know," he chuckled. "Easy, Doc--I'll take care of you 2. So, son, why don't you tell me more about your fave games?"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
4 March 2005, 10:18 PM
"If you are seeking a way off this planet, then perhaps myself and my associates can be of assistance."
He bows slightly, though not deeply enough to lose eye contact.
"You are Lunchbox, and...?"

"Aerex... And this my main man Randyl" Aerex reaches outward than down with a hand motion.


"Guy- are you mad, or have you been sniffing adhesive? Unless you've got some sort of plan for getting off this rock, saying shtaf like that's a good way of getting your collective butts fried. Snoochie Bootchies."

"Yo vagabonds know somethin we don't? like if the Moff got a private pimped out yacht or somethin?!?"

"Adhessives? Thats so Republic man! But if ya got any good stims, i'd happily liberate them off you cause i'm almost out..."

"Snootchie Bootchies?!? What Rodian momas have you been kissing up to? I heard they give good-" Aerex is cut short by Randyl who raises his eyebrows and points to the van, looks back at the van then to Aerex and kinda nodds sideways to the van, capturing Aerex's attention with interest.

"Sup' Randyl? Doughboys?" Randyl shakes his head. "Van full of hotties needing our urgent rescue?" Randyl looks wishful, shakes his head with a frown, then with thumb and index fingers on both hands, form a rough square in the direction of the van...

Turning his head to the garage, Aerex hollers, "Yo Jaedo, quit lube'n 'er for a moment, she's greased enough already and come scope this ride!"



Inside the van, the one guy exits and piques Tetengo's curiosity... "Whoa, what's happenin out there?" Being gently pushed to the floor by mom and being told to by the bald guy. "Awww... Do I have to? Spice??? what spice?" Tetengo asked the same time his mom barked at the guy. "Games? outside's more interesting..." Tetengo was looking for a way to climb back up onto the seat, so he could peek over the front see...

Ris
5 March 2005, 12:31 PM
"Awww... Do I have to? Spice??? what spice?" Tetengo asked.
"Yes, you have to--I'll tell you later, &--never mind," Kiry told Tetengo firmly. Kyle, I'm gonna take that outta your hide--without a local! She pulls her son down again. "Listen, Tetengo, this is serious. Please do what Kyle and the others ask. it's..." How did you tell your child there were people looking for them, who would hurt them?


But Tetengo took advantage of her sudden silence, demanding of Kyle, "Games? outside's more interesting..."
"It's important, son, that's what it is," Lt. Tel interjected. He risked turning away from the window long enough to address the boy, trusting Tatsu, Seth and Erron to keep the newcomers away from the van, if necessary, that long.
Although Kyle was a fun-loving flyboy and had never led a squadron, that didn't mean he lacked the skills or talent to lead beings. He knew the right tone of voice to take to convince pilots--or boys who admired them--to obey. "Tetengo, we've got a sitch that might be worse than anything C'Lara came across--and I need you to help me so we can get out of it with your mom safe. I'm the squadron commander, & you're my XO. And what do XO's do? Execute the CO's orders. And my orders are to stay down there, so you can take care of your mom. She's the doctor, the one that takes care of all of us--and we've gotta keep her safe, so she can help us when we're hurt."

Kiry looked up at the man she'd rescued in surprise. She'd never heard Kyle talk that way. It didn't remind her of Col. Noor very much--her father had been a man comfortable with command for as long as she'd been alive. But it was the voice of someone who could become a leader like her dad. Her eyes and Kyle's locked for a moment, long enough for the man to see the respect there--and her to see that he did care for her, in some fashion. While Kyle still had Tetengo's attention, she quietly opened the sidearm holster, although she didn't remove the weapon yet. Her job was to keep Tetengo safe.

Once done talking to Tetengo Kyle turned his attention back to outside, frowning as he sees the 2 guys turn their attention to the van. The pilot doesn't like this. It'll be harder to get a good shot form the driver's seat, but he doesn't want to exit the van. While they didn't look that swift, the pair might have smarter allies who'd take advantage and try to get in the van from the back or passenger side, if he got out. Or--even worse--there might be Imps who'd take advantage of everyone's attention being on the jerks to do the same. Carefully, he moves his weapon to where he could bring it to bear easily.

Meanwhile Kiry, still keeping Tetengo seated on the floor beside her, thinks about Kyle. They cared for each other. But how did they care? He was certainly a friend--but was he something else? And what about Tatsu? He cared about her too--and seemed to understand her better than the pilot did. Once more Kiry told herself, Stop thinking like you're 15! You found out the hard way what that gets you!

max ordo
5 March 2005, 06:39 PM
Hearing Aerex calling him Jaedo gets up from the swoop he's tuning to regard his loud mouthed friend "What....I'll be there in a second" he yells out to Aerex. Wiping his greasy hands on his vest not bothering to remove his welding goggles Jaedo walks out into the alley.
Noticing a starnger talking to his two companions he looks at the man and nods "Sup Aerex..whats with the hollerin..." his voice trailing off as he sees the van " Nice ride. Mind if i take a look?" without bothering to wait for an answer he starts to move towards the van.

Ronin
6 March 2005, 04:18 AM
"Aerex, Jaedo, Randyl...pleased to meet you," Tatsu says. He's a little concerned that Jaedo is casually walking toward their van. They barely know the three strangers, but all act way too friendly and without enough care for security for Tatsu's tastes. He hopes Eronn will take care fo Jaedo if he turns out to be less than friendly.
He motions to the garage (and the building attached?); "this is your home? Safehouse?"

Keeping the stun baton behind his right arm, he removes his right hand from his belt and pulls out his commlink, speaking quieter so the new arrivals can't hear.
"Stickboy to Blue and Biker Babe. We have a contact with three unknowns. Seemingly non-hostile, though they wield quite an attitude between them. How long before you expect to return to the family?"

Tatsu doesn't feel comfortable with the three strangers. At least one of them was clearly a substance-abuser. Tatsu's body was a temple and the idea of taking anything that would harm it deliberately seemed like insanity to him.

Rostek
6 March 2005, 01:46 PM
"Aerex, Jaedo, Randyl...pleased to meet you,"
"Yes- the pleasure is ours." Eronn said, casting a slightly nervous glance at Tatsu. Not good- they seem to be taking an unhealthy interest in our vehicle... they are not getting near that van. he thought.


Nice ride. Mind if i take a look?" without bothering to wait for an answer he starts to move towards the van.
Eronn, slightly alarmed at the newcomer's unwelcome movements, steps in front of the (he presumes) mechanic before he gets too close to the van. "- Actually, we do. Trust me, it's nothing special... we're waiting for our... girlfriends to get back so we can get back to our flat." Eronn said, thinking quickly for a plausible story that would be backed up by probable events in the near future.

Dr_Worm
6 March 2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
[B
"Stickboy to Blue and Biker Babe. We have a contact with three unknowns. Seemingly non-hostile, though they wield quite an attitude between them. How long before you expect to return to the family?[/B]

"Blue here, not sure when we will be joining you." Troy reported in to the comm, "We just got here and the prodigal daughter seems to be stalling a bit outside mom and dad's place. Trust your instincts, Stickboy, and we will check in when we know more."

Ronin
7 March 2005, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Dr_Worm
"Trust your instincts, Stickboy, and we will check in when we know more."

"Always have," Tatsu replies, "you two take care and come back soon."

He puts away his commlink, returning his hand to the viscinity of his blaster and awaits the trio's answers to his and Eronn's questions.

darth_wyld
7 March 2005, 03:35 AM
OK! Now the Bantha's bowel begins to move. Let's see if this is all hot air or if there is something more substantial... Great! Now I'm grossed out by my own metaphors...I'd better stay here to provide a bit of unexpected backup when push comes to shove!
Seth thought and tried to duck back deeper into the shadows by the trashcontainer.

max ordo
7 March 2005, 08:57 PM
"- Actually, we do. Trust me, it's nothing special... we're waiting for our... girlfriends to get back so we can get back to our flat." Eronn said

" It's cool just hadn't seen one of those for awhile, not since my aunties and I haven't worked on that for a few months at least."
Glancing over his shoulder Jaedo hollers "Hey Aerex, Randyl lets leave these smooth Imps...I mean Pimps to their waiting and go find one of those Rodian girls you're always talkin bout" Smirking, Jaedo watches the guy by the van closely to see how he takes the Imp remark.

Ronin
8 March 2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by max ordo


" It's cool just hadn't seen one of those for awhile, not since my aunties and I haven't worked on that for a few months at least."
Glancing over his shoulder Jaedo hollers "Hey Aerex, Randyl lets leave these smooth Imps...

Tatsu totally ignores the newcomer's attempt to get them riled up. He'd faced far worse...some gutterpunks with high caliber mouths were just an irritation...though he did pick up on the auntie reference. The spirits only knew what these three had to do with the Rebellion, but one often found friends where one least expected to.

"Fine," he says calmly, "you may as well join us. We are on our way to see aunty. I am sure she would be glad to see her little mechanic again. You have your own transport? How about ID for getting past patrols?"

max ordo
9 March 2005, 12:44 PM
Hearing the mans offer Jaedo replies quietly, “Sure thing boss, we have ID’s and transpo’, question is where we goin with ya and when we leavin.” Raising his voice some “Aerex, Randyl lets roll. This guy just invited us to a party with the ladies they’re waitin fer. Lets grab the bikes so we can keep up.” That said Jaedo waits a moment for a reply the heads back to the garage to grab his things and his swoop.

Ronin
9 March 2005, 04:50 PM
"Jaedo," Tatsu says before he enters the garage, then motions for the man to come closer, "banthadrek and bluster aside, how do you three know auntie? You are hardly a trio of Luke Skywalkers? Pardon the questions, but we have already lost many friends in the crackdown yesterday and we cannot afford not to be careful."

It was starting to seem that Jaedo might be leading the other, stranger, two. Tatsu hoped that Jaedo could keep them under control. After the last 48 hours, he didn't want to risk the lives of his new comrades on some glit-biting idiots.

max ordo
9 March 2005, 09:57 PM
Jaedo hears the man from the ally call him, turning he sees the man motion to him and say

"banthadrek and bluster aside, how do you three know auntie? You are hardly a trio of Luke Skywalkers? Pardon the questions, but we have already lost many friends in the crackdown yesterday and we cannot afford not to be careful."


Looking Tatsu in the eye he nods towards the garage for him to follow. Once inside Jeado drops the loud-mouthed persona “ Tatsu…right? Call me Jade, only my mother and those two glue sniffers out there call me Jaedo. To answer your question I’d have to say that first…what happened to all those people was horrible and someone needs to pay for that. Luckily for the wonder twins and me out there, we’re not really members of any cells per se but a sort of freelance group that auntie sends where needed. I suppose that also answers how we know auntie right? I personally fix what I’m told needs it and build whatever is requisitioned among other things. I also do a bit of recon in a sense, I have a knack for finding things on the HoloNet and Imp networks that some can’t, I also send the Imps on wild bantha chases wit false info on occasion. Haven’t heard a thing from auntie since before the crackdown, kind of been in limbo. Those two out there are such bad guys, once you get past the bravado either. They mostly linger around places to see what they hear and the relay it back to someone. With no handler we’re kind of on our own, I think we could be of assistance to each other especially since we’re on the same side. Maybe we can all find a way off this rock if auntie decides it’s time. As for being a trio of Skywalkers, that we aren’t but I bet I could make us ID’s that said otherwise” he says this last with a grin and a barely perceptible wink through his orange welding goggles which haven’t been removed once since leaving the garage. “Let me grab my few belongings and we’ll take off whenever you’re ready” turning, Jade walks over to a bench and throws a few items in a duffle bag and straps it to his swoop. When he’s done he looks at Tatsu “Ready when you are” then raising his voice “Hey you two spice-fiends lets roll, get your speeder warmed up” as he starts up his bike, it sounds like a race bike but doesn’t look like much “Not pretty but hey... It works” he hops on and points it towards the door, waiting for Aerex and Randyl to get in gear. Glanceing back at Tatsu "By the way theres and extra if we need it." pointing at the two landspeeders parked inside. "Those two drive the junker, it only looks it, i tuned her up shes reliable, we'll leave the XP-38 here. Just in case."



occ:edited the vehicle types only

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
10 March 2005, 12:57 AM
In another part of town, after checking the yard around her parents house, Adreme digs into her pocket and pulls out a set of keys, and proceeds to unlock the backdoor of the house, which leads directly to a porch off by the kitchen, as well as a set of stairs to the basement. As Adreme gives Troy the 1 minute tour, everything is neat and tidy, temp is average, both furnishings and decor has a warm inviting 'homely comfort' to it all. Complete with traditional inked & painted family portraits of the main family, and relatives that are hung on the walls.

The closets have a few empty hangers, and a few open spaces where shoes would fit. The upper shelf in a couple closets have an open space, where something may have been stored. The master bedroom impecable, in contrast to Adreme's bedroom of slight mess - bedsheets lazily made, odd peice of clothing laying around, a bunch of knick-kacks and plushies on the bed and dresser...

While Adreme was happy, if not enthusiastic on the way over, her spirits seemed considerably dampened now.


Inside the van, Kyle & Kiry tried to safeguard Tetengo, despite the boy's natural curiosity of the moment combined with the dull outlook of boredom. "But mo-om-" Tetengo slightly protested his mom's urgings in the same manor as if she were about to show off his baby holos.


"Tetengo, we've got a sitch that might be worse than anything C'Lara came across--and I need you to help me so we can get out of it with your mom safe. I'm the squadron commander, & you're my XO. And what do XO's do? Execute the CO's orders. And my orders are to stay down there, so you can take care of your mom. She's the doctor, the one that takes care of all of us--and we've gotta keep her safe, so she can help us when we're hurt."

"Fiiine" Tetengo sighed, and without further protest sat back down on the floor, back against the wall and knees bunched up with his arms around them. Instantly bored again.


Outside the van, in the back alleyway...


"- Actually, we do. Trust me, it's nothing special... we're waiting for our... girlfriends to get back so we can get back to our flat."

Aerex spoke, "Girlfriends? More the merrier for a party! And a flat too? Way out! Ya think we could hang for a coupl'a days?"

Aerex hung back while Jaedo came out and talked to the black haired man, looking around, and at the van, itchin to go... Finally, Jaedo said for them to roll, placing a hand on Randyl's shoulder, "Yup, time to ride my good padre!", then back to Jaedo, "Rock-on dude! We're there!" Aerex low-fives Randyl, then waves a hand to the van. Both head back for the garage, walkin as they were already cruisin with a puropse.


“Hey you two spice-fiends lets roll, get your speeder warmed up”

"Done and done! Lead the way!" Aerex shouted back from the passenger's seat, as Randyl fired up the speeder, and both slapped on a pair of dark shades, Randyl resting one arm and elbow on the edge of the speeder.


As Tatsu walked over to the garage, it was a small place, enough for two landspeeders and a speederbike and not much else. The one landspeeder was an older utilitarian model with a patched paint-job that has seen better days. The other, a fairly new, if not pristine just rolled of the asembly line XP-38, with tinted dark grey windows, crystal clear glass inset headlights & chrome accents & black intake grills, its glossed silver almost mirror surface imaged just about all it's surroundings with milky transluscency.

Ronin
10 March 2005, 05:22 AM
Tatsu listens carefully to Jade, pleased that the newcomer has dropped the attitude. He's still not so sure about the other two, but it seems Jade vouches for them.
"One thing," he says to the goggled man, "you follow our lead. No heroics, no firing unless absolutely necessary. If we get split up, we will come back here and rendezvous at this time in two days. Understood?"
His mood lightens; "I agree that we may be able to aid each other." He bows before leaving the garage to join Eronn.

"What do you think of them?" he asks his fellow bare-chested rebel, folding his arms and leaning against the wall. Realising they must look rather strange, "perhaps we had better continue this discussion from the van."

He waves to Seth and makes draws out a circle in the air with his finger. Get ready to roll.

darth_wyld
10 March 2005, 08:53 AM
Coming out of his hideaway, Seth looks unbelivingly to the new entourage.
You got to be frelling kidding me! Are we going to pick up anyone we meet? There were some ladies down the street I'd like to pick up then! Stickboy, I hope you know what you are doing!

Seth walked back to his bike and looked a bit confused...

Circle in air... rally or start the motors, what was the...

Shrugging he picked up his comlink.

"Stickboy? What do you mean with circle in air? Rally or start motors?"

Rostek
10 March 2005, 12:19 PM
"What do you think of them?" he asks his fellow bare-chested rebel, folding his arms and leaning against the wall. Realising they must look rather strange, "perhaps we had better continue this discussion from the van."
Craning his neck to see that that lot has moved away, Eronn pulled his shirt over his gut, tucking in the front a bit.
"I woudn't trust them as far as I could throw them... still- Help is help." he deadpanned. He was telling the truth... He'd only known Tat and the others for a bit less than a day, but he was already has protective of them as he was of any of his SpecOps teams. "These guys could be trouble, potentially- if they get out of line, we'll have to shoot them." Eronn said, his tone turning decidedly more serious.
Eronn moves back to the van, making sure he looks more or less normal for the drive. Shutting the door behind him, Eronn turns to their charges and says "It seems we've picked up some friends... hang on, we're going for a ride."

Ris
10 March 2005, 01:10 PM
"It seems we've picked up some friends... hang on, we're going for a ride."
Kiry looked up as if she were surprised. "Friends?" she asked, with just a hint of doubt in her voice. "Well, I guess that means you can look out now, Tetengo--it is Ok?" she asked.
"Go ahead. Not much to see, son--& never was," Kyle answered. He started the engine, while waiting for Tatsu to get in.

"And these--friends?" Kiry persisted, her son distracted. "Who are they? Or--can you say?"

Rostek
10 March 2005, 01:15 PM
"And these--friends?" Kiry persisted, her son distracted. "Who are they? Or--can you say?"
"Sure can- they seem to be... or rather claim be friends of our Aunt. Tat thinks they're cool- though I'm reserving my judgment for the time being. We can always pop them if they screw us, anyway-" Eronn says... and immidietly realized that that wasn't a great idea with a kid and mother around- "Er... sorry. I don't get the impression they're plants, but then- one can't be too careful." he recovered.

Ris
10 March 2005, 02:10 PM
Kiry's gaze darkened briefly at Erron. She knew exactly what Erron meant, but hoped her son didn't, if he were even paying attention.

Kyle nudged Erron. "You know she's gonna have both of us vaped at sunrise for not watching our tongues? Or maybe sunset, since it's sooner," the pilot quipped. He grinned at Tetenego then, "Or is she that mean?"

Kiry just shook her head. "Guys..." she sighed. But there was a hint of a smile on her face now.

Ronin
10 March 2005, 04:45 PM
OOC: someone please change the van's colour!

IC:

Tatsu pulls out his commlink and talks to Seth as he walks back to the van; "a bit of both my friend. It seems the new arrivals know auntie," he pauses to climb into the van, then continues when everyone can hear him. Everyone that is except Jade and his two stoner friends, who he didn't tell their commcode to.
"I am not sure two of our new friends have genuine invites to aunty's place, but Jade does seem to be trustworthy (OOC: I'm guessing my Sense Motive didn't pick up anything?). I suggest that we do not head directly back to aunty's. We head somewhere else for two reasons. Firstly, those three think that we are heading home. This way we get to see their reaction without compromising our real home. Secondly we need to keep moving. And it gives Troy and Adrame time, so that they can meet us there. We just need to pick a 'There'...suggestions?"

Ris
11 March 2005, 02:12 AM
The smile became more than a hint when Tatsu entered. While the Doc's feelings about Tatsu were still nebulous, one thing was already clear--she felt more reassured when the the calm warrior was there. Having retaken the seat, she listened to his assessment. Both he & Erron agree that the newcomers may not be trustworthy. But the same could have been said of me when I arrived on their doorstep. Well, I had Kyle to vouch for me, & he had some of the codes, and his body bore out his claim of imprisonment--and torture. Kiry shivered, smile fading, thinking of that & other things she had witnessed since accepting the TDY on Raltiir. It was still hard for her to believe it was actually being done and condoned--& and she hadn't yet reconciled that reality with a government her dad had been willing to serve.


I suggest that we do not head directly back to aunty's. We head somewhere else for two reasons. Firstly, those three think that we are heading home. This way we get to see their reaction without compromising our real home. Secondly we need to keep moving. And it gives Troy and Adrame time, so that they can meet us there. We just need to pick a 'There'...suggestions?"
Kiry did have a couple. "Is our original still usable? The cafe or bakery? If we weren't here, Troy and Adrame' would go there, wouldn't they? And Tatsu, they are not the only ones missing. You haven't given up on Savan? And it has to bee getting close to the time for our meeting."

Ronin
11 March 2005, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Ris
Kiry did have a couple. "Is our original still usable? The cafe or bakery? If we weren't here, Troy and Adrame' would go there, wouldn't they? And Tatsu, they are not the only ones missing. You haven't given up on Savan? And it has to bee getting close to the time for our meeting."

Tatsu notices Kiry's smile. Though he has a million things going round in his head, his spirit is kindled by her warm smile.
"No, I have not given up on him yet," he smiles back, "as for our original rendezvous point, I would rather try to contact Savan first...incase...incase the place has been compromised." He was careful in choosing his words, and not just because Tetengo was present.

He draws his commlink and speaks again in Falleen; "Cousin, are you there? The family is gathering..."

max ordo
11 March 2005, 02:16 PM
Jade glances over at the van wondering when these guys will be ready to get moving when he notices something about their van he must’ve missed before. Hopping off his bike he takes a few steps towards the van “better not get to close, Tatsu’s buddy seemed kinda edgy when I got to close earlier” then decides “screw him this may be important” Jade walks right up to the vans window “don't want to freak you out but I think you may want to change the plates on your van, I have a set in the garage, I remember hearing something about these vans, the plates in that series you have on here go with vans that supposedly do not exist or only a very few were actually made. Might raise some eyebrows and I’m just guessing but I bet you don’t want that. And if you wouldn’t mind me taking a look at the van if you pull it in the garage I’d like to see if what’ve I’ve heard about those special vans has any truth in it. If you don’t want to change it we’ll follow at a real safe distance cause I’m not about to get hemmed up by the Imps for being associated with a bunch of aunties relatives. I’ve never blown my cover and not trying to start now.” That said Jade steps back and waits a second for an answer then shrugs his shoulders “It’s up to ya’ll” and turns to head back for his bike.

Rostek
11 March 2005, 02:31 PM
Eronn, as a rule, did not like to be surprised. The rifle that had been placed between Tat and himself quickly found it's way to his hands as Jaedo's approach alerted him to potential danger. Peeking the rifle over Tat's thigh with his left handed grip, Eronn then politely (but firmly) said- "Indeed- we have our own plates. We were merely... discussing our immidiete future." he said, lowering the rifle as he said it. "Nothing personal- we've just got peripheral issues that need to be discussed. Seth-" he hollored out the window "Here, attach the new plates, please." he said nicely. "My apologies for the pointing of the gun and whatnot... but today is not a good day to sneak up on us, after all." Eronn said, smiling.

max ordo
11 March 2005, 02:51 PM
"My apologies for the pointing of the gun and whatnot... but today is not a good day to sneak up on us, after all." Eronn said, smiling.

Seeing the rifle Jade doesn't seem to surprised, actually looks like he expected it. "You got it, boss. The plates were the major thing, I am just curious about the van and things I've heard. If it does what I'm thinkin you might not know what you've got here. Anyway, whenevr ya'll are ready we'll follow. My offer still stands about helping, I'm all about aunty and her special interest group" with that he moves away, keying the remote for the garage door in his pocket Jade secure's his home and awaits the signal to move.

While waiting Jade produces what look like small parts from some electrical device and starts messing with them, trying to connect them from what it looks like.

darth_wyld
11 March 2005, 02:55 PM
Seth rolled his eyes while he got off the bike again.

Oh come on. I just started that crate!

He got back to the van, looking at the three newcomers with a bored expression on his face.

"Hand them over, I'll snap them on!"

Ronin
11 March 2005, 03:03 PM
Once Jade's moved back to his garage, Tatsu leans forward, pretends to adjust something on the dashboard and speaks again quietly, trying to make sure only Kyle and Eronn hear; "I changed the plates once already, when I got out of the van...and why would aunty put virtually useless plates in here? I don't think we should go into the garage...and I am not sure about letting him look at our means of transport quite yet. Perhaps when we get home. How about you gentlemen?"
He didn't want to cut Kiry out, but Tetengo would overhear, and the less things his young mind had to worry about, the better.

Rostek
11 March 2005, 03:12 PM
"I changed the plates once already, when I got out of the van...and why would aunty put virtually useless plates in here? I don't think we should go into the garage...and I am not sure about letting him look at our means of transport quite yet. Perhaps when we get home. How about you gentlemen?"
Eronn nodded and quietly replied "Not a chance in hell- we meet up close and personal at a place of our choosing. We didn't come this far to be popped by a bunch of spice fiends." Making sure Jaedo wasn't around, Eronn leaned out to Seth and motioned quietly with his hands the "abort" sign and pointed at the plates.
He then mouthed Don't change them... we've got them switched. he then pointed at his eye, then at Jaedo.
Keep an eye on that one

Dr_Worm
11 March 2005, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar &amp; Raven

While Adreme was happy, if not enthusiastic on the way over, her spirits seemed considerably dampened now.

Troy waited until Adrame left the room and keyed the comm, "Stick, this is Blue. We have issues here. Looks like the 'rents are AWOL. Place is cleaner than a stormie's cod-piece and some stuff is gone. Our friend is a bit freaked I think. I got a bad feeling about this."

darth_wyld
12 March 2005, 03:04 AM
Seth's bored expression leaves for an angry and astounded expression.

"Oh, come on!" he mouthes. After rolling his eyes his expression switches to a bored and friendly look while he looks over to Jaedo.

"Yo, I'm Seth!" he mumbles, looking a bit as if his spice just stopped kicking, waving limply to Jaedo.

Ronin
12 March 2005, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Dr_Worm


Troy waited until Adrame left the room and keyed the comm, "Stick, this is Blue. We have issues here. Looks like the 'rents are AWOL. Place is cleaner than a stormie's cod-piece and some stuff is gone. Our friend is a bit freaked I think. I got a bad feeling about this."

Tatsu pulls his comm and takes the call from Troy; "Okay, both of you get out of there, they could be watching the house. Do an SDR (surveillance detection run) and meet us at the RV in half an hour." Tatsu barely realised he was dropping in terms he'd learned from Noa; the soldier from his old cell; "still no word from Green. We are testing the faith of the new disciples before we let them meet aunty. See you soon."

Looking to the others; "what else did you find back there with the spare plates?" he takes the plates from Seth and puts them in the glove box...close to hand, just incase Jade turned out to be telling the truth.

Ris
13 March 2005, 06:32 PM
Tatsu's return smile comforts Kiry Noor enough she can dismiss for now the dark thoughts about her last TDY.
But Jade's approach alarmed her. Was this one of the "new friends?" One arm around her son's shoulders protectively, she reached for her own sidearm, but stopped as the men began to discuss the plates, which confused her.

Kyle mostly listened to Tatsu's comments but nodded in comfrimation when Tatsu mention changing the plates.

and I am not sure about letting him look at our means of transport quite yet. Perhaps when we get home. How about you gentlemen?"
"I sure as the Corellian hells don't want him looking around in here. He's given us nothing to trust him but one code term. And he's got Doc spooked again, poor angel," he nodded towards the back." Kyle paused for a second. "Tatsu, see if you can get her reassured. We need her calm until we're back at base, and we can't have her upsetting her son." Kyle hated asking the other man to see to Kiry, but he didn't have a lot of options. Kyle couldn't drive and take care of her. But it was essential the sweet woman not get hysterical or anything irght now. It might endanger them all--and Kyle doubted they could handle Tetengo easily if an outburst from his mother set him off. So letting Tatsu deal with Kiry was the best option--for now.

max ordo
14 March 2005, 01:06 PM
Seeing the ...biker... look his way and introduce himself as 'Seth' Jade nods his head and replies "Jade" then refocuses his attention on the end of the alleyway. He notices Aerex and Randyl starting to mess around in their ride, bumpin each other and runnin their mouths, at least Aerex was. I hope they hurry up and get moving or those two are going to start actin up and attracting attention Jade revs the engine of his bike to get the two knucleheads to calm down. Randyl looks back at Jade , hearing the impatience from the mechanic he smacks Aerex in back of the head to get his attention then jerks his thumb back towards Jade. Aerex gives a sheepish grin then relaxes. Jade continues waiting for the men in the van to get this little party started.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
14 March 2005, 01:29 PM
"Well, I guess that means you can look out now, Tetengo--it is Ok?" she asked.
"Go ahead. Not much to see, son--& never was,"

Tetengo sat up and leaned against the back of the front bench, and looked around with interest. Disapointed that nothing much was going on. But then the guys got back in the van, talking about something important, and serious about the people in the alley. It was kinda like them holo-movies! The one guy came up to the van, introduced himself as Jade. Huh, talk about interesting, all serious then friendly then back to serious... Tetengo thought silently to himself.

The bald guy caught his attention though, "Uh, who are the Correlian hells and why wouldn't they want him?" Tetengo asked with curiousity- he was sitting right there behind them afterall, while his mom was sitting back. And what could possibly scare mom?

Ronin
14 March 2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Ris
Kyle paused for a second. "Tatsu, see if you can get her reassured. We need her calm until we're back at base, and we can't have her upsetting her son." Kyle hated asking the other man to see to Kiry, but he didn't have a lot of options.

"Will do," Tatsu replied, trying to hide his surprise; "can you do something to make this van less recognisable, then get us moving to the rendesvous point?"

He was very surprised that Kyle had actually asked him to comfort Kiry. What did it mean? Was Kyle stepping aside for Tatsu to...to what? They'd known each other less than a day, but he certainly felt something for the young mother. At first he had just felt that they needed defending, her and Kyle, but perhaps it was more than that. He put those thoughts away to try to understand later.

He climbed over the seat to join Kiry and her son in the back.
"How is it fairing back here?" he asked her, smiling at Tetengo.

Ris
15 March 2005, 03:29 AM
"Uh, who are the Correlian hells and why wouldn't they want him?"
Ooh boy! In most any other sitch, he would have told the boy to ask his mom--but not when she was so on edge. He'd learned more than a little about her limits for teasing at Aunty's. "Don't worry about it, Tetengo. Now take care of your Mom for me--that's your job, son."


"Can you do something to make this van less recognisable, then get us moving to the rendesvous point?"
"Uh, yeah, sure thing..." Kyle was hoping that he hadn't made a fatal tactical error just now. He wasn't sure if his feelings for Kiry Noor were anything but infatuation or lust, fueled by all the time he'd spent in her care--but he did want to find out, to hold her, to...Kyle once more told his thoughts to "Shut up!" The Mission was the important thing, and it might be compromised if Kiry lost it or Tetengo picked up on her anxieties any more than he had. So he forced his attention to the vehicle. "Erron, let's get that thing plugged in & get moving. Pick a color common on this rock." Kyle didn't like making the change in front of their new "allies," but didn't see much choice there either. He sighed, and added in a much softer voice to not be heard beyond the Spec Ops man, "If we have to 'send them on their way,' let's try to do it without the Noors knowing exactly what's going on."


"How is it fairing back here?" he asked her, smiling at Tetengo.
Doc admired the man's grace as he slipped into the back, and his smile brought another answering one to her lips, even though she could see that Tatsu's smile was aimed at her son. She moved a little to one side in her seat, where she'd been sitting in the middle, hoping Tatsu would take the hint--even as she scornfully told herself she was acting no different than she had with Cadet Maryn Vier.
Putting what she thought was a brave expression on her face, to keep Tatsu from thinking her timid or foolish, she replied, "We are doing well enough. But I fear my poor child is going to die of boredom in the next few moments. So where to next? If you think it's early for the cafe, there's still that park I mentioned."

Ronin
15 March 2005, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Ris

"We are doing well enough. But I fear my poor child is going to die of boredom in the next few moments. So where to next? If you think it's early for the cafe, there's still that park I mentioned."

Seeing Kiry move to one side, Tatsu took what he interpreted as the proffered seat, he then turned to Eronn and Kyle in the front seats, snapped his fingers and said; "driver, when you are quite ready, we wish to be taken to the park in the viscinity of our planned reunion," putting on the poshest accent he could, straight out of a vintage tridrama he'd seen.
He smiled again at Tetengo.
The monastery had been home to many children, Tatsumaru among them, and though his training had been different, he had occasionally played with them. He looked to Kiry, still smiling.
For the briefest moment he remembered Seera; his cell leader. Another strong woman...killed not more than a day earlier.
He wouldn't let the same fate befall this woman.

Tearing his eyes from Kiry he looked back to Tetengo.
"So, do you do anything except play hologames, young master Noor?"

Rostek
15 March 2005, 08:24 PM
"Uh, who are the Correlian hells and why wouldn't they want him?"
"Don't worry about it, Tetengo. Now take care of your Mom for me--that's your job, son."
"Nice save." muttered Eronn. "I'm sure the Doc will duly note young master Tetengo's new vocabulary terms when we get home." he chuckled



"Can you do something to make this van less recognisable, then get us moving to the rendesvous point?"

"We shall see in a moment- I think a nice gray would be good. It won't freak out our new aquaintances too much and will hide our ID." said Eronn.
Eronn selects the darker grey icon on the datapad and enters the command. "Here's hoping-" he said, waiting for whatever is supposed to take effect to take effect.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
16 March 2005, 12:49 AM
"We are doing well enough. But I fear my poor child is going to die of boredom in the next few moments. So where to next? If you think it's early for the cafe, there's still that park I mentioned."

"Boredom? I wish I had homework. I'm that bored..."


Tearing his eyes from Kiry he looked back to Tetengo.
"So, do you do anything except play hologames, young master Noor?"

"Yeah! At school I was in quite a few of the teams. Sometimes before classes, or at lunch break, or even afterschool. The Gym teacher had like asked me if I wanted to sign up for Mini League Grav-ball later this year." And a sudden concern crosses Tetengo's face... "Uhh, mom? Is this going to affect signing up for Grav-ball? What about Summer Camp Academy? All my classmates are gonna be there this year! They get to do cool stuff like camping, learn how to aim and shoot at targets! I can still do that this summer right mom?" Tetengo asked, no, pleaded...


Erron fiddled with the datapad & program, which was connected via cable to an outlet on the dashboard console. Changing the Van's color couldn't have been easier, with a slight 'humm-vruuum'' and the datapad program reported back change sucessfull. The change was evident, if using the side-view mirrors or a glance out the window to check. The van, for all purposes was now Dark Grey, as solid as it was once white.

In their speeder, Randyl thwacked Aerex at the back of the head again, and pointed over towards the van with surprise and interest. While it couldn't be heard from inside the van, it could be seen Aerex exclaimed some happy if not surprised expletive. Randyl edged the speeder out from the garage partly, then thumbed towards the open alleyway ahead, and shrugged with his hands upwards.

max ordo
16 March 2005, 10:08 AM
Seeing the vans exterior go dark grey Jade smiles to himself and gives a quick thumbs up to the vans driver. Its about time, maybe we can get a move on now. I feel like a target just sittin here in this alleyway Hopeing they're about leave Jade double checks everything on his bike, making sure he's good to go.

Ronin
17 March 2005, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar &amp; Raven

"Uhh, mom? Is this going to affect signing up for Grav-ball? What about Summer Camp Academy? All my classmates are gonna be there this year! They get to do cool stuff like camping, learn how to aim and shoot at targets! I can still do that this summer right mom?" Tetengo asked, no, pleaded...

"Well...if your mother agrees, I am sure that myself and the others can continue your education. You will find us to be most interesting teachers...quite varied," he says, smiling at the boy's mother.
"Sport, art, history, you name it: one of your mother's friends can teach it. I am not sure about target shooting..." he says with a raised eyebrow at Kiry.

Ris
17 March 2005, 05:36 PM
As Tatsu sat beside her, smiling, Kiry felt herself calm a little. It felt right. Her son was with her, and they were with people she trusted. Something she'd been lacking on Raltiir. And she couldn't deny it was pleasant to have 2 men interested in her. In spite of the odd newcomers, Kiry felt secure for the moment. She enjoyed just looking at Tetengo, happy to have him back with her, after the fear he'd already been taken. And enjoying the proximity to one of her new admirers. Content for now, Doc notes the momentary intensity of Tatsu's gaze, but now isn't the time to pursue it. So she allowed herself to relax, listening to Tatsu talking with her son.


...They get to do cool stuff like camping, learn how to aim and shoot at targets! I can still do that this summer right mom?" Tetengo asked, no, pleaded...
Kiry felt a pang of guilt at having uprooted him again. It had taken time for him to adjust to leaving Carida. But ISB would have ripped him away from all that and her! With or without her permission.


"Sport, art, history, you name it: one of your mother's friends can teach it. I am not sure about target shooting..." he says with a raised eyebrow at Kiry.
For Tetengo's sake she smiles cheerily. "I think 'Summer Camp' has started early for you, Tetengo--and for me. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up camping, even." She tells Tatsu, "I think unarmed first. That is, if you would take on a second pupil? Perhaps separately? We'll see about target shooting. I wasn't much older when Dad taught me. I can even teach a few little things, myself."

Rostek
17 March 2005, 08:11 PM
Eronn breaths a sigh of relief as the van changes into the specified color. "Well- something that didn't blow up in our faces." he muttered.


"I think 'Summer Camp' has started early for you, Tetengo--and for me. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up camping, even." She tells Tatsu, "I think unarmed first. That is, if you would take on a second pupil? Perhaps separately? We'll see about target shooting. I wasn't much older when Dad taught me. I can even teach a few little things, myself."

"Indeed. And believe it or not, I'm a fully qualified history teacher. University of Aldera certified." he added sadly. He'd never actually been in the classroom- but was, as he mentioned, a graduate of that university with a degree in that field. He had never been in the classroom for a reason... His temprament was not particularly well suited to teaching, but the SpecOps officer felt a measure of guilt for ripping the boy away from his newly sewn roots.

Ris
18 March 2005, 02:53 AM
"Indeed. And believe it or not, I'm a fully qualified history teacher. University of Aldera certified." he added sadly.
""Perhaps from a different perspective?" Dr. Noor asked. The tone wasn't accusatory, it was more thoughtful than anything else, & maybe a little curious.

Ronin
18 March 2005, 05:16 AM
Tatsu was a little surprised that she wanted her son to learn to fight...but he hoped he didn't show it. He could accept teaching Kiry; she was a strong woman with a reason to fight...but Tatsu didn't want to train Tetengo...the boy was young and innocent. Tatsu didn't know the boy but he didn't want to be responsible for forging a flesh-and-blood weapon. He remembered the tears in the abbot's eyes as Tatsu had begun his special training. That path had been chosen for Tatsu by others; by the Spirits, he was told. Everyone has a destiny...but was it Tatsumaru's to set Tetengo on such a path?...but in their situation wouldn't Tetengo have to learn to protect himself?
Tatsumaru sighed deeply.

He'd have to discuss it with Kiry later...and meditate on the matter himself...
but for the moment they needed to move.
"Gentlemen," he said, turning back to Eronn and Kyle, "let us get moving to the park. I will keep an eye out the back of the van."
He then stood and moved to the rear, to the back window.
He turned back to look at the boy with a smile once more; "do not worry Tetengo...you will find us much more fun that summer camp."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
18 March 2005, 05:23 PM
Tetengo listened with slight interest and some disapointment with mom and the other men talking to him about 'their / this' early camp just started, and such... "Yeah, but at Camp Academy, they this year were going to have Imperial Drill Instructor week! We'd get to use real blasters, not them light guns. And rumor has it, maybe even an actual AT-AT to ride in! Most of my classmates were gonna be there this year...was gonna like be so kewl. Mr. Halleck had someone over from an actual Training Academy who showed a presentation about this year's camp in the gym yesterday afternoon." Tetengo said with sad protest, then adding "You know that Mr. Halleck was a former Academy Sarge? Us kids would often reply in salute and 'Yes Sir!' or 'Yes Sarge!'. Man, you shoulda seen him in action, one time - the coach wasn't a nice guy and Mr. Halleck caught him. Well, Mr. Halleck thorughly put him in line, that was before Mr. Halleck suggested they step outside and he show him some Old fashioned training... We got a new gym coach sometime after that" And Tetengo slumped back in his seat...

The Drive to the park was thankfully uneventfull. Avoiding the majority of Imperial Checkpoints. Randyl and Jade followed behind, with no further troubles presenting its ugly self.

Arriving at the park, an old crimson speeder sat, alone in the parking area, which was empty of any cars. Driving closer, there was no sign of Savan. The rest of the speeder and its contents seemed intact. On the ground, near the speeder, was a comlink...

Ronin
19 March 2005, 08:18 AM
Tatsu looks at Seera's old speeder warily...spotting the commlink on the ground. It seemed that Savan had left in a great hurry. There was a chance that he could simply have dropped it...but that didn't seem likely. It didn't feel right.

"Pull up just past the speeder. Keep the repulsors running. Eronn, can you join me and inspect the vehicle?"

As soon as their truck stopped, he looked out the window, checking in all directions for anyone paying too much attention...also scanning rooftops, and other vehicles in the area. He then put his pistol and stun baton on the seat next to Kiry, covering them with his jacket so Tetengo didn't see them.
Finally he opened the back door, slowly. He smiled to Tetengo and Kiry; "you two stay here. We'll be back in a moment. It seems our friend's speeder broke down."

He takes out his commlink and calls Seth; "can you keep moving? Circle the park until we are done here, keep an eye out for anyone acting suspicous..."

If they could recover their gear, he wanted to...though they'd have to search it for possible tracking beacons immediately. The speeder was probably bugged, and no doubt the vehicle was hot. They'd have to leave it.

Rostek
19 March 2005, 03:57 PM
Responding to Dr. Noor's veiled question about the type of "history" he learned, Eronn replied- "No ma'am- U of Aldera was always on the more "liberal arts" side of things. I examined mostly the old primary sources they had in the old depository rather than the secondary accounts in the issued books." he hoped that was an obvious enough response.
He then listened in greater fascination at the discourse between Tetengo and his mother.

"Yeah, but at Camp Academy, they this year were going to have Imperial Drill Instructor week! We'd get to use real blasters, not them light guns. And rumor has it, maybe even an actual AT-AT to ride in! Most of my classmates were gonna be there this year...was gonna like be so kewl. Mr. Halleck had someone over from an actual Training Academy who showed a presentation about this year's camp in the gym yesterday afternoon."
"Efficient use of taxpayer credits..." Eronn muttered to Kyle after Tetengo mentioned the AT-AT. "I guess they're starting recruitment for CompAssault early." he commented after the boy finished. "I guess that's not too surprising. But trust me- real blasters are overrated, especially with large groups of ki- er, trainees. Nah, it's a lot better with small groups training- that way you get better faster." he said, appealing to the adolecent male sense of ego. Eronn wasn't surprised the the Empire was working on their terminal indoctronation phase a lot earlier than they had when he was a kid. Of course, when Eronn was Tetengo's age, the Empire had only been in power for less than 10 years. Added to that Corellia's reletive seperation from the rest of the Core in political matters- Eronn hadn't faced much active indoctronation until he faced the University COMPNORians at college.


"You know that Mr. Halleck was a former Academy Sarge? Us kids would often reply in salute and 'Yes Sir!' or 'Yes Sarge!'.

"Is that so? Wow... that must make for interesting schooling." Eronn said, trying to sound as interested as possible. That certainly explained a lot from the encounter with Halleck.

The rest of the ride proceeded rather smoothly for Eronn (happily). At Tat's request, he left the vehicle, tucking his pistol in the back of his pants.
Mouthing to Tat to "make like we're just looking" and pointing to the car, Eronn approached and did a cursory search of the vehicle for obvious booby traps on the equipment and car itself.

Should he be satisfied at the results, Eronn will check the bags for bugs- dumping their contents and rifing through to see, and motioning for Tat to do similar (unless someone has a better idea or more refined searching skills).

Ronin
19 March 2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Rostek
Should he be satisfied at the results, Eronn will check the bags for bugs- dumping their contents and rifing through to see, and motioning for Tat to do similar (unless someone has a better idea or more refined searching skills).

(presuming they don't find anything wrong)
"Perhaps we had best take the bags as they are and depart. If we start searching through them now, we will look like thieves...better to take them and get away, search them on the move. What do you say?" he said, stooping to pick up Savan's commlink and take a quick look at the ground near it.

Rostek
19 March 2005, 06:25 PM
(presuming they don't find anything wrong)

"Perhaps we had best take the bags as they are and depart. If we start searching through them now, we will look like thieves...better to take them and get away, search them on the move. What do you say?" he said, stooping to pick up Savan's commlink and take a quick look at the ground near it
"Good call. That said, we'd better just look over each bag to see if they've got a bomb or something really dangerous contained within." Eronn says.

Dr_Worm
19 March 2005, 10:09 PM
Adrame was clearly stunned by the potential danger for herself and her parents, so Troy kicked her up to eleven. "Hey, girl! We gotta scoot!"

The stern words merited only a blinking of the human's eyes, so Troy grabbed her arm and bags and pulled Adrame to the door. After a professional scan of the front of the house Troy dragged Adrame to the speeder-bike. Tossing the gear in to the storage bins, Troy propped Adrame on the back of the bike, and took the handles. The bike needed adjusting for her frame, but it would be fine for the short trip."Stick, this is blue. We are ambulatory. Our girl is in la-la land, but she should be able to hold on. Should we meet an auntie's, or on the way?"

Ronin
19 March 2005, 11:58 PM
"Blue, this is Stick. We have found Green's speeder. No sign of Green. Looks bad. We are retrieving our gear, abandoning the vehicle. Do an SDR, head back to Auntie's and get the kettle on, we'll be heading back in a moment. See you soon."

darth_wyld
20 March 2005, 05:14 AM
When everything goes to smooth you slip and fall down. Seth thought while circling and waiting.
And hey, Blue! What's so bad about La La land... I spend most of my time there...

Ris
20 March 2005, 09:06 AM
"Efficient use of taxpayer credits..." Eronn muttered to Kyle after Tetengo mentioned the AT-AT. "I guess they're starting recruitment for CompAssault early."
The driver muttered back with disgust, "Copy that, lead!" Kyle gave voice to his earlier thoughts, "No wonder our Angel wanted the kid out of that Sarlaac-pit!"
***********

Eronn replied- "No ma'am- U of Aldera was always on the more "liberal arts" side of things. I examined mostly the old primary sources they had in the old depository rather than the secondary accounts in the issued books."
Kiry nodded, "That is good, then. We will talk further about this--I could use a refresher myself."


We'd get to use real blasters, not them light guns. And rumor has it, maybe even an actual AT-AT to ride in!
Kiry's heart froze, and unconciously, she moved closer to Tatsu. That was not the kind of summer activities school officials and her superiors--who'd recommended the school--had led her to believe would be offered! Tetengo was a child--not an Academy cadet! From what she understood, Carida did not consider applicants under 16, & at least for Flight Cadets, preferred they be older--Maryn, at 17, was the youngest trainee in his class by at least a year and a half. Consider the source, Kiry thought bitterly, the description of that TDY didn't mention sentient research subjects or learning interrogation techniques! And my superiors have tried to get me to let them arrange a scholarship to their precious so-called "exclusive prep school" since I arrived. No way I was gonna do that--Dad didn't like the place--even said he wouldn't trust any of them in his training wing. Oh, Dad, why'd you have to die so soon--this wouldn't have happened! Kiry hoped her expression didn't reflect her thoughts. She took advantage of Erron's appeal.

But trust me- real blasters are overrated, especially with large groups of ki- er, trainees. Nah, it's a lot better with small groups training- that way you get better faster."
"Yes, you remember, Grandpa said almost the same thing. And he promised you he'd get one of the target instructors to help him teach you privately, just the way he'd taken me out & taught me target shooting when I was 13. And you will be 13 tomorrow." She decided it was time for a change of subject. A temporary one. She needed badly to talk to someone about Tetengo's schooling--ISB's old plans & their new ones. But who? Tatsu? Erron, who seemed to be offering himself as "headmaster?" Or would Troy be better? But that would have to wait until they returned to base. "Is there time for a little party, guys? Kyle, what do you think?" Kiry asked, as eagerly as she could manage.
***
Kiry, quiet after suggesting a party, only smiled slightly back at Tatsu as he exited. She hoped the speeder driver was OK--even she could figure out it surely wasn't mechanical issues that had led to the speeder being left.

Dr_Worm
20 March 2005, 11:02 AM
"Copy, Stick, I'll make sure your tea is extra strong." Troy said as a good humored dig at the others' resistance to Spice Tea. Taking the long way around, so as to notice and shake anyone tailing her, she headed to the warehouse at normal street speeds.

Ronin
21 March 2005, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Dr_Worm
"Copy, Stick, I'll make sure your tea is extra strong." Troy said as a good humored dig at the others' resistance to Spice Tea.

"You are too kind," Tatsu joked and put away his commlink. To think: twenty four hours the two of them were at each other's throats.


Originally posted by Ris
"Is there time for a little party, guys? Kyle, what do you think?" Kiry asked, as eagerly as she could manage.

Tatsu turns his head to look back into the van with a reasuring smile, "I am quite sure we will have time for a party. It would do us all good."

Eager to get away he looked to Eronn; "anything over there? I do not seem to have found anything here. When you are done, let us be on our way..."

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
21 March 2005, 02:08 PM
"Party? What party?" Tetengo asked, still feeling disapointed "At this rate I won't even have any friends to party with..." Yep, the workd sucked for Tetengo right now, the camp he was so excited about, everyone in the van disaproved of, not that there was any chance of him going to it now... "So what's happening here? picknic?" Tetengo asked, his disapointment came of more as sarcastic, as he looked towards the park...

As Erron briefly checked the speeder & contents for any sorts of bombs, and Tatsu checked around the speeder and Seth circled the park, making his way back to the group.

As far as one could determine, there wasn't any bombs sitting visibly on the speeder seats, nor within the couple satchels. Or at least there didn't apear to be any. However, there was one thing for certain; missing from the speeder - the keycard needed to start the speeder.

On the ground, near the speeder, a comlink lay. Upon further inspection, it was dead. Very dead. There was also a set of foot prints, leading away from the speeder, the soil was dug into, as if someone had run for it. The tracks apeared to go in a curve and beneath the van.

Driving around the park, the area was clear of any people who'd normally occupy the park on a fine sunny afternoon. Something thats becoming of usual, hardly if anyone was walking on the streets. Speeders came and went. There wasn't even any patches of trampled or disturbed grass to indicate activity or suggest otherwise anything more recent. Completing the perimeter, and returning back to the group. Something does catch Seth's attention - a few meters from the otherside of the van (opposite side from the crimson speeder where Erron & Tatsu were), something glitters on the ground from the sunlight. It was partially burried, a ringlet with a few keycards exposed, and an ornimental trinket on a short chain. The soil around it was kicked up, and dug in, many foot prints, and then kinda flattened down by repulsorlift. And the tracks stopped there. A set of flattened tracks in a curve led to underneath the van.

max ordo
21 March 2005, 02:32 PM
Following the van to this park Jade is thinking to himself I know Auntie doesn't hole up in a park. Seeing the two men exit the van and start to search the speeder Jade slowly pulls up to Tatsu seeing him about to return to the van "Is there a problem, someone forget their ride here or something?"

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
22 March 2005, 01:23 AM
Search +5 = 11,13,17,13,18,12,15 8o :P ;) (more than enough i think)

DC10
The partially burried ringlet of keycards and ornamement on the ground, it's owner is made clear. The cards a variety mix of basic and Falleen language, many with just symbols or logos of which included Bank, Univesity, GSIA (Galactic Science Institute of Archeology), with identifier of either "S.D'J", or "Savan De'Janxarc" or "House De'Janxarc of Falleen". The attached ornament was finger sized - a piece of ivory bone engraved into a hilt, the blade endpeice apearing have broken off long ago.

DC15
Upon the somewhat flattened soil, etches of footprints can be seen. Two different individual sets, and possibly 4 identical sized sets for the third type.

darth_wyld
22 March 2005, 02:22 AM
Seth gingerly picked up the keychain and looked to the others:

"I got a bad feeling about this. There was a struggle here. I think they got our green friend..."


***
OOC: Sorry for the Chaos... Got called away for two hours in the middle of doing my rolls and my post...
Terras, ignore my second Search roll mail thingy, I'll do a spot after that for anything strange (you should have got it), coming up with 14...

Ronin
22 March 2005, 05:04 AM
"A friend was supposed to meet us here," Tatsu says to Jade as he pulls up.

After hearing Seth's find, Tatsu's mind is made up, they have to move, and quickly. "Eronn, let us grab our stuff and move now. We can check in on the way...and I am concerned about Auntie's place...if they took Savan..."

Standing and approaching the crimson speeder, looking for his own backpack, Tatsu pulls out his commlink and calls Troy; "Blue, this is Stick. They have Green. Auntie's may be compromised. Tread carefully. We are on our way."

max ordo
22 March 2005, 08:00 AM
"Well if your friend is a no show, you gonna just leave this speeder here? If someone takes it thats just more ways to split up if you all had to. Did your buddy leave the keys? If not I'll have it started and ready for you in a minute if you want."

Rostek
22 March 2005, 09:13 AM
Upon Seth's find, Eronn grabs the bags and starts toward the back of the van where he- and presumably Tatsu, will perform a more thourough search of the bags (OOC: Fine, I'll use the damn diceroller next time :rolleyes: ).

Eronn, let us grab our stuff and move now. We can check in on the way...and I am concerned about Auntie's place...if they took Savan..."
"Way ahead of you man- we need to figure something out. We'll discuss on the way in the back." Eronn said.

"Well if your friend is a no show, you gonna just leave this speeder here?
"Hell yes we are- that this is probably comprimised as hell. I'm not touching it any more than I have to." he replied.

max ordo
22 March 2005, 09:26 AM
"Hell yes we are- that this is probably comprimised as hell. I'm not touching it any more than I have to."
"If thats the case you want me to make it do something bad if anyone tries to take off in it?"

Rostek
22 March 2005, 10:13 AM
"If thats the case you want me to make it do something bad if anyone tries to take off in it?"
"Uh... Sure- disable the accelleration motivators on the engine or something- something quick and not too intesnive." Eronn said. He had to admit, it was nice having a tech in the group- though Adrame was a skill mechanic as well (so he's been told, anyway), he hadn't seen or interacted with her for what seemed like months (OOC: ;)), even though he'd only known the group for a day.

Ronin
22 March 2005, 04:41 PM
Tatsu follows Eronn back to the van, but talks to Jade as he goes; "don't get caught doing anything to the speeder...it is too risky. If you can disable it, fine...but it is hardly a priority. And do not booby-trap it: we do not want "city traffic workerss killed by rebel terrorist speederbomb" on the headlines now do we?"
With that he climbs back in the van, and begins carefully checking everyone's baggage.
"Kyle, ready when you are. Let us take the long way home."

Ris
22 March 2005, 05:06 PM
"How long a way do you want, Tatsu?" the pilot asked as he began moving. Kyle followed a service road to get out of the park

Ronin
23 March 2005, 05:04 AM
Closing the back door after him, but taking a seat near the door (incase he finds anything ticking in a bag and as to throw it out the back;) ) he looks to Kyle; "Just make sure we are not being followed...double back on ourselves, drive in boxes..."
He then looks to Kiry; "can you help check everyone's bags?...make sure there are no surprise packages." He hands a bag to Kiry, making sure Tetengo isn't too close to the bags incase he gets too inquisitive.

"Tetengo, what do you want to do for your birthday? We cannot make any promises, but we will try to make it fun."
He then picks up his own old, familiar, paint-stained backpack and begins to look it over.
(OOC: search checks for booby traps/foreign objects).

Rostek
23 March 2005, 12:17 PM
"Good idea, man." Eronn says at Tatsu's driving plan.
"I wouldn't recommend using names right now- or driving routes or destinations" he says, pointing at the bags and mouthing "bugs".
Eronn grabs his own spacer's chest and begins digging through the contents, the used clothes and especially the stripped down Heavy Tracker 16, for bugs or explosives.
(Take 20 on the search check- 2 minutes)

max ordo
23 March 2005, 12:47 PM
Seeing the van start to pull off before he can really do much Jade hurries back to his bike to follow. He gives the van about a 20 second head start Give them some space no need to look like a convoy he signals Aerex and Randyl to do the same then follows the van from the park.

Ris
24 March 2005, 02:56 AM
Kiry gives Tatsu a surprised look as he hands the bag to her. She was no demo expert--but in a situation like this, everyone had to help with whatever task. She wouldn't hesitate to draft the handsome martial artist--or anyone else--as a scrub nurse if she needed extra hands to save someone's life after all.
Gingerly opening the bag she began digging through the contents, half-listening to the others' commnets, including Tatsu's question to her son. How long would it be before they could take time to explain to him--or would it have to be done on the run?

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
24 March 2005, 12:07 PM
Inside the van, Tetengo watched with curiosity was perked for the moment as the two guys climbed back inside with satchels in their hands, they and his mom looking through them.


DC5-10 - simple / familiar items in satchel
Erron search 20+4=24
Kiry search 2+7=9, 2+7=9, 1+7=8
kyle spot 9+3=12, 14+3=17, 2+3=5, 3+3=6
Tatsu search 7+2=9


Cautiosly, scanning and kept scanning the area as he drove,Kyle was confident they were in the clear as they exited the park.

Kiry and Tatsu looked through the bags, unsure what to look for. There wasn't anything that seemed, like bugs or explosives. Kiry still unsure, re-checked her bag twice, still didnt find anything different than the first time. Erron however, took his time, going through it thoroughly, not leaving any item to chance. Satisfied, there wasn't any bugs or other ill-planted devices.


"Tetengo, what do you want to do for your birthday? We cannot make any promises, but we will try to make it fun."
Tetengo shrugged his shoulders, "I dunno..."


Troy drove their speederbike through the streets, with Adreme riding, holding on. The borrowed clothing affixed at the hind end of the bike, in nerf-hide saddlebags. Troy having took the best route she knew, trying to avoid most checkpoints. They managed to arrive back to the wharehouse in good time, being the traffic was almost non-existant. Not so much a word was spoken by Adreme the whole time.

A careful glance before turning down the street, and another careful glance before aproaching the wharehouse, the coast seemed clear, nothing out of the ordinary. Quickly parking the speederbike inside and closing the door behind them. Few minutes later of traversing the 'maze' they were back in the suite, their bags carried in their arms.

Adreme dropped the bags by the table, walked over to the holoprojector, switched it on and flopped down on the couch...


*reporter's voice-over* "... at the personal order of Moff Remillard, special Army Counterterrorist and Intelligence units are working in a joint operation with the Constabulary to suppress the activity of, and prevent further attacks by Rebel Terrorists." Camera shows the backside of someone being forcefully hustled into a black van by several Imperial Army officers which then climbed in behind, "While official sources are naturally unwilling to comment on these operations, the lack of any Rebel Response to the Crackdown is a clear indication of their success..." Video shrinks to an insert, a blonde anchordesk lady with the GHNN backdrop, with an urgant look on her face, as if being updated from behind the scenes as she puts one hand to her ear. She looks at the camera, "We've just been contacted by one of our field reporters on location in the city-- where the same van, just shown in the clip taken this afternoon, just moments before has just been hit by Rebel Terrorists, as the van was making its way to the Garrison! Providing direct feed now!" Video feed switches to the street scene, replacing the GHNN ankordesk.

A black van was blockaded inbetween two speeders, one front door open, one back door, being used for cover, three visible imperials inside peering out with pistols, returning fire from three hooded people behind one side turned speeder, with one more in the other speeder, and one more using a building door inset for cover. Duck & shoot shots were being traded erratically by both parties.

Desk: What we're see'ing is a live attack in progress! Can you describe how it started?!?

Reporter: We were setting up for a news segment profiling the Empire's Service at work for the people when the a speeder skidded sideways from the opposite lane infront of the van, causing the Imperial Agency Van to stop. The second speeder behind it, did the same behind the van. The operators pulled out weapons and started firing at the van!

Firefight ensues, one Imperial falls limply from the passenger seat onto the ground. Suddenly, the vid-cam shakes then crashes to the ground, picture goes black, a scream is heard

Desk: Are you still there?!? What happened?!?

Reporter: (muffled shuffling sounds) "{censored} He's been hit! Oh my- he's dead! They {censored} shot the cameraman!

Desk: Vesia, you still there? talk to us Vesia, is the vid-cam damaged?!?"

Reporter: (frantic) {censored} the cam! I didn't sign up for this! I want a desk job!

Desk: Vesia, please, pickup the cam, please-

(more muffled shuffling sounds) The screen blurrs from black to blue sky, then a young frantic reporter's face pans top down into view alongisde a speeder, shakily, as the cam tries to auto-focus/stabilize the picture. The reporter cringes as several more green streaks fly above her head

Desk: For those who have just tuned in, we're reporting live on the streets in Grallia City, at a Rebel Terrist sudden attack on an Imperial Agency Van, with our reporter Vesia on her second field assignment.

Desk: Vesia please, pickup the cam and point it towards the speeders, then at the van? Please?

Reporter: (whines) I want a desk job!

Desk: We promise! Now get that cam to where we can see something! And please use the two large buttons on the side to zoom in/out!

Reporter mmmkay...

The cam shakily moves around, bumps a little bit, the speeder's windshield comes into view on the left side, then is quickly panned from speeder to van to the next speeder. The Cam zooms in on a pair of rebels, wearing hoods and half covered faces covering up to the nose.

Reporter Like that?- oh my! The van back door is opening! Someone's making a run for it!

The cam still zoomed in, blurs as it's panned across, and centers unfocused on a green skinned person. In a blur with several bright yellow flashes, the person drops from sight.

Desk What just happened?!? Adjust the zoom!

Reporter Oh {censored}! I think somebody tried to escape! There was a bunch of blasterfire and he got hit! He's crumpled on the ground, I don't see him moving!

The cam zooms out, a little too far, then back in again, to the humanoid person on the ground. The backside of the head is torwards the camera, arms outstretched, clasped together at the wrists, skin color green. Suddenly, a grey uniformed male falls lifelessly, onto the green person's feet, the blaster clatters to the ground a few feet away. A single blaster remains firing from within the van's backside. Several blaster bolts fly into the van's backside. No response comes from the van, and another several bolts streak into the van, no return. Silence...

For a few minutes, all is still. The reporter's breathing could be heard. The cam zooms out. The rebels in the speeders wave their blasters towards the van. All aproach, cautiosly from both ends. Three checkout and peer inside of the van, one runs over to the green skinned person, checks it, shakes his head and removes his brown overcoat and places it over the green body. One of the rebels wave, and they all scram from the area on foot, over and down a back narrow alley between two buildings.

Reporter I think its over- I don't see anyone moving...

In the background, the fient shrill of EMS speeders can be heard. Several people peer out from the shop doors, and some bravely albiet scared venture out to the speeders, some pointing, many covering their mouths in horror. The people gather / group around the bodies, many using their coats to place over them... Several speeders drive by slowly, including a grey Watana Van, momentarily blocking the view of the scene.

Desk And the terrorist attack has apeared to come to a brutal end, with several fine men of the Imperial Service Agency slaughtered, and the terrorists fled unscathed. Well, perhaps theres one less terrorist roaming the streets. The green non-human on the ground was reported picked up a very short while ago, the very footage we had shown at the beginning of this broadcast, spotlighting the Empire's service in action, safegaurding the city streets against rebel terrorists.

Adreme sat on the couch rigidly the whole time, as one arm stiffly reached over to shut the unit off, while the other had her hand covered her mouth, looking shocked.



As the group was driving down the streets, heading back to the wharehouse, the route chosen was fairly checkpoint free. Although the traffic was beggining to congest, the pace slowing down. Diverting from course would mean hitting a checkpoint a block after the nearest turn. Well, they did have to make a turn a few blocks down anyways, one block before a checkpoint. The traffic nearly crawled to a halt, bumper to bumper inching along, where walking would apear to be faster.

Finally they approached the turn-off, there wasn't much traffic down this street. Though a distance up ahead, at first glance it apeared to be an accident of sorts, one speeder sitting lengthwise across the opposite lane infront of a black van with one door open, quite a few people standing around. As the group approached the scene, it wasn't an accident at all. Both van and speeders had blaster scarring, windshields shattered. There were several bodies on the ground, mostly covered with peoples coats, but the grey cuffs, leggings and impecable black boots were identifiable. There was another speeder sideways behind the van a bit further back. Two more bodies between the van and speeder, both modestly covered, a pair of grey leggings and black boots, and the other, a pair of stun-cuffed green skinned wrists. The wail of an EMS siren could be heard in the distance, growing louder.

Inside the van, Tetengo's interest perked up after a long stretch of endless boredom "Whoa, whats happening here? Can I see?"

(OOC: The remainder of the trip is uneventfull, save for several armored speeders & troop-trucks zipping through on the opposite lane)

Dr_Worm
24 March 2005, 01:17 PM
The instant Troy saw who she assumed was Savan, she slapped the comm "Stick, I think we just lost green. Damn! This is getting hotter than Tattoine durring hutt mating season. Looks like some family tried to help him, but he lost out in the cross. Check the newsfeed in the van, you should be able to get a replay. I warn you though, you should probably ask Doc before you let her son see it."

Ris
24 March 2005, 05:29 PM
Dr. Noor shrugged as she put the bag down. "Nothing interesting in here," she told Tatsu and Erron.

Tetengo, what do you want to do for your birthday? We cannot make any promises, but we will try to make it fun."
Tetengo shrugged his shoulders, "I dunno..."
Kiry couldn't help smiling. The all-purpose adolescent answer of choice--along with "Uh, nuthin." At least something was normal. She was about to ask what kind of cake he'd like--food being a topic of interest to even the most bored growing boys--when Kyle's "What the--an accident?!" got her attention. She glanced out--and turned back, her face pale underneath the paint. "It's bad--whatever it is. Can you get around this, Kyle?"
"Yeah, we'll make it around," the man told her, grimly. "And no, you don't need to look at it, son. I know your mom's told you not to stare at others'--misfotunes." An understaement, the pilot thought, And if that's an accident, I'm chief of Palpy's Royal Guards! And it sounds like Doc realizes that too--but she's trying not to alarm her son. That's good.
"Tetengo, let Kyle drive--he doesn't need distracted by us right now. So what kind of cake were you begging for last week?" even as she tried to sound unconcerned, Kiry was shaking inside. What had she gotten them into?

Ronin
25 March 2005, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Dr_Worm
The instant Troy saw who she assumed was Savan, she slapped the comm "Stick, I think we just lost green. Damn! This is getting hotter than Tattoine durring hutt mating season. Looks like some family tried to help him, but he lost out in the cross. Check the newsfeed in the van, you should be able to get a replay. I warn you though, you should probably ask Doc before you let her son see it."

Tatsu closes his eyes and lets out a long sigh. Another one gone. Tatsu kept the comm close to his ear and covered the speaker so the others, particularly Tetengo wouldn't hear. He stepped forward to the front of the van, just in time to see the "accident".
"Stick to Blue. No need to turn on the newsfeed. We are passing it now. By the Spirits...I hope they give him a decent burrial," he says to himself, the monk's training coming through, "we will be home soon."
He puts away the commlink and pats Eronn and Kyle on the shoulder; "take us home."

Returning to his seat by Kiry he puts down his apparently clean backpack, reminding himself to check it out with a scanner when they got back to the warehouse.
"No plans young master Noor?" he says with a raised eyebrow, "well...if we are not having a party, perhaps it would be a good day to begin your training, what say you doctor?" he turns to the mother with a smile...a smile he hopes hides his concern at losing a fourth comrade in two days.
Perhaps it would be best to train Tetengo...

Ris
25 March 2005, 08:13 AM
What had she gotten all of them into? Doc asked herself again. A being dead because he had chosen to help her...She almost didn't register that Tatsu had said anything to her & her son.


"No plans young master Noor?" he says with a raised eyebrow, "well...if we are not having a party, perhaps it would be a good day to begin your training, what say you doctor?" he turns to the mother with a smile
For once, Kiry doesn't have an aswering smile. "I--but we'll have a cake, too. Training? I don't know...should he..so soon?" Kiry Noor was just starting to realize this wasn't as neat or clean as she'd thought. No, she hadn't thought. Only now were some things starting to sink in, and she felt overwhelmed all of a sudden. She just stared at Tatsu, as if she wasn't completely sure what he had said.

Rostek
25 March 2005, 03:30 PM
Eronn sighed when he heard the report over the comm.
That's too bad... he was so young too. Such is the job- he knew what he was doing, or if he didn't then he had it coming. Eronn thought. He couldn't muster much in the way of emotional reaction- Eronn had only known Savan for less than a day... and so many others had died, it just... well, it just didn't penetrate his emotional armor.
"Well... that's unfortunate. At least we know he didn't comprimise us." Eronn said. He didn't like having to be the voice of the mission- unfeeling, concerned only with events instead of the people- but someone had to.

I--but we'll have a cake, too. Training? I don't know...should he..so soon?"
"The Doc's right- let's let all of this calm down a bit... get nice and acclimated to the new circumstances, then we'll start worrying about less immidiete matters. Besides- I think we've all had entirely too much excitement for one day." Eronn said. "Let's go Kyle... nice and unobtrusive like."

Ronin
26 March 2005, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Ris
Only now were some things starting to sink in, and she felt overwhelmed all of a sudden. She just stared at Tatsu, as if she wasn't completely sure what he had said.

Tatsu smiled at Kiry, something he was doing with increased frequency...heck, he'd hardly smiled at anyone in the past.

"You are both safe," he whispered, "we will protect you. If you do not want to help us fight...perhaps we can help you get off world...somewhere safe. But for now, try to relax...be calm."
Speaking normally again he looks to Tetengo then back to Kiry; "So, tell me what Tetengo was like as a young child..." he asks, knowing that it will embarass the boy, distract and hopefully cheer up the mother.

Ris
26 March 2005, 06:57 PM
"You are both safe," he whispered, "we will protect you. If you do not want to help us fight...perhaps we can help you get off world...somewhere safe. But for now, try to relax...be calm."
The gentle smile, and gentler words got through to Kiry a little. She took a deep breath, reminding herself that she had to keep Tetengo safe and well--that was most important. And to go on her way and leave those who had risked so much to help her and her son--Kiry would not do that. Kiry Noor was from a long line of officers who had served the legitimate galactic government--and had been raised to understand Duty and Loyalty well. "I will stay--& fight," she whispered back, "And even if i wished it, I am not sure there is 'somewhere safe' anymore, Tatsu. Certainly not for a traitor." Kiry dared move--just a little--closer to the man.


"So, tell me what Tetengo was like as a young child..."
And of course Kiry could not resist. "He's been worth everything. He was beautiful & sweet & very quiet as a baby. His hair was blonder, too. He takes after--his father--in looks, & Tetengo has a few of Maryn's ways," she smiled at her son. "He's always wanted to explore things. Dad encouraged that, & his interest in starfighters. He'd wanted a son--most men do, I think--and I'd given him a grandson. However dismayed he was at me & Maryn, Dad loved loved having a little boy around from the moment he saw Tetengo. They were always putting together models and flying them from the time my sone was 5. When he was older, he taught him a little astrogation math. I think he wanted another pilot in the family.
"But Tetengo was still my little boy too. I studied for a lot of med courses with him snuggled in my arms, telling my 2 guys all about organ systems and pathogens & so on. And they were almost as bored as Tetengo is now. Right, darling?
"He is turning into quite an athlete. after he hit school-age, he was only mellow in personality--but he wouldn't stay still. I wish he wasn't so fascinated with grav-ball though..." Kiry bragged a bit more about her son, including her worry that she was going to need an E-11 to keep the girls off him, once they noticed how cute & sweet he was.
**************

Eronn said, "Let's go Kyle... nice and unobtrusive like."
"You got it, Erron," the pilot grinned. Inside Kyle felt grimmer than he sounded, after seeing Savan's fate. He hoped there'd be no more casualties. Instead, he tried to focus on the fact that Tetengo was now where he belonged--with his mother.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 March 2005, 03:11 AM
"He's been worth everything. He was beautiful & sweet & very quiet as a baby. His hair was blonder, too. He takes after--his father--in looks, & Tetengo has a few of Maryn's ways,"

"Mo-om...." Tetengo rolled his eyes, as his mother was doing all but bringing out his baby-holos to show everyone. But Tetengo dared not to mention the holos, just incase she had them and had forgotten.


The Van, Jade, and Randyl & Aerex arrived without further incident to the wharehouse. Turning east onto Route 5a, Kyle drove slowly, keeping his eye out for anything out of the ordinary. Nothing apeared suspicious, the wharehouse garage door was closed. The door was opened without hassle, and Adreme's speeder was already parked inside.

Stepping out of the speeder, Aerex and Randyl ventured over to the group. Aerex was quick to greet the boy and lady. "Greetz dude & dudette! I'm Aerex, this my compadre Randyl. And this over here is Jaedo. So what's yer names?"

"Tetengo" Tetengo answered, before his mom could do or say anything. He looked around, it was kinda creepy with all the grey and darkness and stacks of things high up to the cieling. He was sure to stick close to his mother.

Aerex & Randyl followed the group to the suite, having made a few observative comments such as "Whoa, big enough to throw a party and invite all the rebels, seriously dudes!". Reaching the suite, "Whoa, secret passages and stuff right out of the holo-flicks, most definately cool agents style. I've heard layin low, but this is totally chillin! Yo Randyl, checkout the decor, this is swank!- swank in a cool way"

As Aerex and Randyl scope the place from where they stood, Tetengo asked "Uh, mom? What exactly is this place? It looks like something out of a holo-vid..."

Making themselves at home, scoping out the place, taking a peek in a couple of the bedroom doors along the way, it didnt take long for them to imediatly notice the other two female occupants in the fair sized room, and made their way over. Introducng themselves, "Hi! They never told us there'd be a couple of bodacious babes chillin out at a place like this, we'd have been here sooner! Oh, a, I'm Aerex, and this my bro, the silent cool Randyl. We're totally pleased to make your aquaintance"

"Oh cut it out Aerex." Adreme sighed, speaking for the first time since she arrived back, her mood was still blue from the rest of the world crashing down on her. Her cell was gone but at least she had her parents, so it wasn't all that bad. But now she didnt even know where they are now. See'ing who she thought was Savan downed on the holonews didnt help things either- not that she knew him or anything, no more than the rest of the group that gathered here a day before.

Taken aback by surprise, slightly baffled "Whoa, we've met? Wait a sec- you kinda look familiar..."

"Adrame, from the spaceport. Remember? How could you nerfs forget? You usually made my grav-sled a couple hundred kilos heavier hiding under the tarp inbetween the crates, and the spaceport cheif would never fail to run by out of breath, askin if I had seen a pair of stim-fiending ruffians sneak by?" Adreme answered with a cocked eyebrow, the crooks of her mouth raised just slightly in amusement. She always found it amusing, but in her current mood, this was all she'd manage

Aerex and Randyl looked at each other with with astonishment for a moment then flanked her by surprise into a group hug, exclaiming joyfully "Adrame!!! You're alive!!!! We totally scoured the city lookin for ya after the moff's hissy-fit, ya know?. By the way, we totally dig the new 'incognito' look. The Imp suit is kinda trippy."

"Uhh thanks. Didn't know you cared..." Adreme replied, her spirits lightened slightly.

"Like how could we not? Your hiney saved our hinies every time from that ol' stodge-pot cheif and his band of hired cronies at the port. And the countless packages that just happened to make it in and out of yer load shipments, duty free."

"Right, those packages, I always had to wonder how'd they get there, not on the manifest. I shipped those along anyways. But don't try to smuggle yourselves out in shipping crates next time. The ciggara smoke leaking out kinda gave you away. Almost got caught too..."

"Oh hey, so who's your cute friend over here?"

"Troy- Aerex, Randyl. Troy."


OOC: for Jade- best lookup the wharehouse suite page and read the interior description. Only thing changed is a few patches of material cut-out from the backsides of the sofas. There's also a silver case connected by a pair of wired to a couple cubes with astromch lenses sitting over on the counter.

Ronin
29 March 2005, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar &amp; Raven
"Oh hey, so who's your cute friend over here?"

"Troy- Aerex, Randyl. Troy."


Tatsu looks sidelong at Aerex and Randyl; "careful boys. This one is dangerous." He then smiles at Troy; "these are the two hobos we picked up on our travels."

He was glad to be back at the relative safety of the warehouse, though there was definitely a change in Adrame...though seeing Aerex and Randyl seemed to be helping her. It also helped to ease Tatsu's distrust of the two dustheads, knowing that Adrame knew them.

"Tetengo, you never had a secret hideaway when you were a child?" Tatsu asks, trying to treat the boy as maturely as possible, "well, this is our secret hideaway. Complete with secret computers, secret training rooms, two secret droids and a secret birthday cake. Would you like a tour?"

Tatsu remembered Kiry's promise to stay and fight along side their steadily growing group. If she was willing to put her own life, and that of her son, on the line, then he would do his best to protect and guide them to their destinies.

Dr_Worm
29 March 2005, 01:03 PM
Troy gave the overly talkative human a hard look, "Keep talking like that and it will make it real easy when I bury you." she said as she walked slow circles around Randyl "Becuase, you see, I have known your type; and they always end up getting themselves killed. That's fine with me, there are plenty more where you came from. The problem is that they tend to get everyone around them killed as well." Troy stopped and jabbed a finger in to Randyl chest a little harder than she should have. "Let me tell you, though, I will not let that happen. I will blast your knee caps, rip out your tongue, and leave you for dead before I let you endanger our team. You got that? So you'd better start taking this seriously, dude."

max ordo
29 March 2005, 10:51 PM
Jade surveys the living quarters and wanders behind Aerex and Randyl. He notices silver case and some astromech lenses sitting over on a counter. Being almost obsessed with technology, especially new things he wanders away fro the obnoxious pair. Turning to his new aquaintences "You mind if I take a look at this?"



occ: if no body minds knowledeg technology, electronic devices then computer use if applicable (use my computer from bag).

Ronin
30 March 2005, 06:45 AM
Tatsu smiles inwardly at Troy balling out the two glitbiters. If anyone could get them into line, it was her.

At Jade's request to look at the gear, Tatsu looks to Seth; "Seth, would you mind showing the newcomer our little gadgets?" he holds eye contact with Seth just a bit longer than necessary...keep an eye on him.

"Kiry, Kyle, could you show Tetengo around?" he wanted to get them, particularly the boy, away from Troy and the twins incase they got lippy.


"Adrame, Eronn, can we scan everyone's bags, just incase we missed something?"

Tatsu was keen to keep everyone busy, not let them linger on Savan's death or their current, rather unstable, position.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
30 March 2005, 02:04 PM
Jade:
Knowledge - Technology. 9+10=19. DC15
Search. 7 + 19 = 26. (+additional rolls between 4 & 20) DC25

The silver suitcase and lense boxes are a curiosity. The case itself could pass for a common street item - used by buisness people who prefered good security for their carried contents. One lock on the front below the handle - keyless, hinged at the back. On the one side of the case, theres a small slide back panel, where the 2 cables are plugged in. It slides back further to reveal a small board of variious other jacks, fitting just about most common and uncommon connections - some male, some female. There isn't any markings on the panel to indicate what the jacks are for. There are no buttons or switches either. One could only guess why theres two lense boxes plugged into the case in those 2 jacks.

On the other side of the case, theres another small slide panel compartment, easy to miss. Inside it contains a small variety of plug adapters, gender changers, as well as some space for storing folded cables.

The wires themselves were standard cables for use with connecting electronic devices / components.

The lense boxes - apeared to be crudely constructed items. Probably from a small sheet of metal, cut and welded together at the seams. The lenses were obviously taken from an astromech or two, and fitted into place. The backplates of the boxes had jacks, so the cables were removable. One box had screws in the backplate and had a bit of weight to it (aside from the materials), and the other lacked screws, didnt apear to be welded and was lighter in weight.

OOC: if the case description differs any or slightly than what previously may have posted, sorry- couldn't find where i last described it, unless via p.m (which long has been cleaned out). Didn't make a record of it either.

darth_wyld
30 March 2005, 02:12 PM
Seth stood there, still struggling to get his vest on while looking for Aerex and Randyl, listening for the conversation and getting the fact that they've met before.


"Seth, would you mind showing the newcomer our little gadgets?" he holds eye contact with Seth just a bit longer than necessary...keep an eye on him.

Seth nodded and flashed a quick smile towards Tatsu.

"Well, Jade... it seems months ago I last was here so I'll have to think a bit... Well we've got some nice amneties here. The storage-compartments got some nice stuff, nice kitchen, shooting range over there, nice beds which are thoroughly underused by myself over there, leisure area with professional surveillance suite of our little hideout linked to this nice holoprojy over there and..."

He looked at silver case and the lenses with a frown.

"OK, GUYS! WHO MADE THIS DOOHICKEY OVER HERE? I DON'T THINK I'VE SEEN IT BEFORE AND I'M ABOUT TO SMASH IT WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE!" he called to the others above the din.

"AND WE SHOULD TURN THE SURVEILLANCE ON! SOMEBODY PAID FOR IT SO WE SHOULD USE IT, EH?"

OOC: I hope the doohickey wasn't there before, it sounded like that from your description, Terras

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
30 March 2005, 02:29 PM
I think somewheres around post #209 of the 1st IC thread, the case and lense boxes were originally on the desk in the ground level office and brought up to the suite, looked at once breifly then set aside by Adreme or Troy. I had long forgotten to add it to the suite description. And nobody's really given it a second look since then.

If you wanna smash the lense boxes, the lenses will surely be smashed :P The suitcase itself is pretty much a strong-box, ain't gonna crack, cut or be forced open easily. Doing so may or may not damage the contents of the case rendering it useless or hazardous, or reveal anything unexpected surprises. ;)

Everyone probably hates these cryptic elusive non-answers, but if i said anything definative pro or con, it wouldn't be nearly as fun!

Ronin
31 March 2005, 06:37 AM
Edit: I lost the OOC thread...but found it again. :( Off to bed now.

max ordo
31 March 2005, 03:29 PM
OK, GUYS! WHO MADE THIS DOOHICKEY OVER HERE? I DON'T THINK I'VE SEEN IT BEFORE AND I'M ABOUT TO SMASH IT WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE!"

Hearing this Jade looks at Seth "UH...before you do that could I try something first? I'll go slow so you can see I'm not trying to pull something" as he says this Jade pulls a handheld computer a datapad and a few discs for the datpad from his duffle bag "I might be able to figure it out without breaking it. Who knows what it could be"

darth_wyld
1 April 2005, 01:53 AM
Seth lowered his voice.

"That was kind of the response I wanted, but if I just ask everyone nicely nothing would EVER happen. I don't have quite the rep as bluegirl over there... she runs in the category 'Natural leader and buster of butts' and I run in the category 'Oddjob and provider of butts' so you gotta do what you gotta do..."

Ris
1 April 2005, 03:58 AM
Aerex was quick to greet the boy and lady. "Greetz dude & dudette! I'm Aerex, this my compadre Randyl. And this over here is Jaedo. So what's yer names?"
"Tetengo" Tetengo answered, before his mom could do or say anything.
"Kiry," the doctor told him with a tight, brief smile. Kiry didn't mention her profession. She figured that once the pair realized what she did, they'd be pestering her for samples of the stimulants and narcotics they'd expect she carried. Kiry wouldn't even put it past them to go through her room and belongings in hopes of finding some.

Tetengo moved a little closer to her, and she put her arm around him. "Yes, it does look like a holo-thriller set. But it's nicer upstairs."
"Yes, it is," Kyle agreed as he joined mother and son. "I bet we could do some model-building. Your mom said you liked starfighters? So do I." He motioned the pair to go up ahead of him, & was tempted to put an arm around Kiry's waist. But he contented himself with just looking. Not bad...very good, in fact...

Once upstairs,, she was glad to see the 2 women, greeting them with a smile, before turning her attention back to Tetengo. "Are you hungry? I bet it's time for a real meal--for all of us."
Kyle, who just removed his jacket & tossed it carelessly aside, took her arm. "And you don't need to fix it, Angel. We have enough leftovers from your last 2 meals. And judging from how the originals tasted those leftovers'll be as good as what a lot of 4-star places serve. And you need a break with your boy."
As Kiry laughingly agreed, Troy began lecturing the 2 addicts. Kiry was torn between wanting to see how it came out, and worrying about what Tetengo might hear, but was saved by Tatsu soming over to the 3 of them.


"Kiry, Kyle, could you show Tetengo around?"
Her eyes sparkled at the martial artist. "Oh, ah, yes. Do you think Adrame' will be OK? I can check her later, if she doesn't--seem ok still. And we need to talk about training--maybe while I make that Secret Cake? If Kyle will permit me back in the kitchen later." She pushed at the pilot playfully, but he stepped aside.
"After you get freshened up. I'll take Tetengo & let him pick a room, then get him & me some other clothes, how does that sound, Tetengo? Then we'll explore ths place. And we'll even get your mom a nice meal--you tell me what she really likes. I think she deserves someone to spoil her a little."
"You're incorrigible, Kyle. But you can go with him, Tetengo. He know's where the guys' clothing is & I don't."
"I know." he winked.
She smiled and gave Tetengo another hug before ducking into her room. As she showered & changed into a lime-green outfit she'd dug out of her pack, Kiry dreaded what was coming up. Not the party, or even the talk about training Tetengo--as what?--but explaining what was really going on to her son. Maybe Tatsu would know what to say? No, she was his mother, it had to come from her. While her dad had been happy to be the father-figure for his grandson, Col. Noor had insisted that Kiry start right away acting like a mother. When it was just her & her father, he would provide sympathy and advice--but she still had to "be the Mommy." After a few minutes, she went looking for Kyle and Tetengo.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
5 April 2005, 02:43 AM
Tatsu looks sidelong at Aerex and Randyl; "careful boys. This one is dangerous." He then smiles at Troy; "these are the two hobos we picked up on our travels."

Aerex winces at the comment, Randyl just shrugs it off innocently.



"Tetengo, you never had a secret hideaway when you were a child?" Tatsu asks, trying to treat the boy as maturely as possible, "well, this is our secret hideaway. Complete with secret computers, secret training rooms, two secret droids and a secret birthday cake. Would you like a tour?"

"Me? uhh no. Nothin like it. We moved round lots, lived in really small rooms an stuff like the room size down stairs, y'know?" Tetengo replied, sounding like a kid who didnt have much. "secrets? droids? can I see?" This clearly had caught his attention.



Troy stopped and jabbed a finger in to Randyl chest a little harder than she should have. "Let me tell you, though, I will not let that happen. I will blast your knee caps, rip out your tongue, and leave you for dead before I let you endanger our team. You got that? So you'd better start taking this seriously, dude."

Randyl clasps his hands behind his back, and shrugs in mock surrender, as if he gave up.

"Whoa, chilled to the core, talk about frozen..." Aerex replied to Troy's warning "Seriously, you can chill. Can we chill? We're chillin... right Randyl?" Randyl nods.


"Adrame, Eronn, can we scan everyone's bags, just incase we missed something?"
"Yeah, I suppose..." Adrame sighs. Then she looks at Aerex & Randyl, "You two, behave alright? Go sit down but don't make youself too at-home ok?"

Turning to Troy, "Don't be too hard on them. Randyl's no problem- he dosn't talk; but Aerex grates against authority figures, specially the hard cases." Adrame began walking towards the area past the table, where Erron was standing with the bags.

Grabbing a seat on the backside of the nearest couch, "Yo, ice- err Troy, there anythin to do in this place?" Aerex asked, catching himself.



Dice rolls from max:
4 rolls, = 18 - 31, Computer use 12. DC15 Grabbing a spare cable from your pockets, plugging one end into the side of the case of various ports, the other to the datapad.

The datapad fires up to life, no sound or indication from the case otherwise. Sofar- easy. Onscreen it simply says:

Case: ....Untampered.
Status: ....Functional.
Condition: ....Ok. Thats all the screen reports. Not being content with just that bland information, using a few known tricks, reveals further access into the system.
roll #5, 12 + 17 = 27, Computer use. DC 20* break / slice into system.
Menu:
- Diagnostics
- Uplink
- Password

>Prompt?>_
roll #6, 12 +8 = 20, DC15 Digging further into the menus, Diagnostics re-displays the startup info once again, and little else. Uplink returns negative with:
No Uplink source connected. Connection data unavailble. Security unknown.

The only thing left was the password.
last rolls #7-10 = 32. 8o 8o DC40. Three attempts, and all 3 fail, each returning with simply
Error. Tries remaining ___ The counter was blank each time, not revealing how many tries left.



"After you get freshened up. I'll take Tetengo & let him pick a room, then get him & me some other clothes, how does that sound, Tetengo? Then we'll explore ths place. And we'll even get your mom a nice meal--you tell me what she really likes. I think she deserves someone to spoil her a little."

"My own room? You kidding me? Usually I gotta settle for the couch. It's not so bad I mean, can usually watch the vid whenever I want." Tetengo shrugged, looking between both guys.

Ronin
5 April 2005, 06:43 AM
"Me? uhh no. Nothin like it. We moved round lots, lived in really small rooms an stuff like the room size down stairs, y'know?" Tetengo replied, sounding like a kid who didnt have much. "secrets? droids? can I see?" This clearly had caught his attention.

"My own room? You kidding me? Usually I gotta settle for the couch. It's not so bad I mean, can usually watch the vid whenever I want." Tetengo shrugged, looking between both guys.

"But ofcourse!" Tatsu says, bowing and motioning to one of the bedrooms, "Kyle, could you show him the droids after? Perhaps we could find names for them..."

Dr_Worm
6 April 2005, 12:29 AM
Turning to Troy, "Don't be too hard on them. Randyl's no problem- he dosn't talk; but Aerex grates against authority figures, specially the hard cases." Adrame began walking towards the area past the table, where Erron was standing with the bags.
Troy grabbs Adrame's shoulder and forcibly spins her around.
"Too hard on them? What the flack are they doing here? This is not a halfway house. We are fighting a war in enemy territory, and we cannot afford to have drug addled morons hanging around. Perhaps in your backwater recuitment camps this is what the rebellion means to you, but I have seen the battlefront. I have fought next to dying men and women with more intelligence and commitment than these morons could ever have. I will not let your soft heart kill what is left of the Rebellion on this light-forsaken planet."


Grabbing a seat on the backside of the nearest couch, "Yo, ice- err Troy, there anythin to do in this place?" Aerex asked, catching himself.
"One more word out of you and the only thing you will have to do is bleed."

Ronin
9 April 2005, 08:08 PM
Tatsu wanders over to Jade and Seth, leaving the glitbiters in Troy's capable claws.
"How are things going over here?" seeing the negative text on the display, Tatsu sighs and runs his hand through his hair. Having such short hair felt so strange and unnatural. He'd be sure to grow it out again.
"Keep at it," he says patting Jade on the shoulder; "this may be our only way to contact Auntie."
As Jade concentrates on the gear, Tatsu gets Seth's attention and lowers his voice so that Adrame on the other side of the room doesn't hear; "can you get on the computer and see if you can find out anything about Adrame's family?"
It seemed like they had only just reunited one family, he thinks as he looks over at Kiry and Tetengo with Kyle stood nearby, and another is torn apart...as Adrame sits on the couch looking like a ghost, doing a half-hearted job of scanning their gear...

max ordo
11 April 2005, 01:33 PM
"Keep at it," he says patting Jade on the shoulder; "this may be our only way to contact Auntie."

Nodding Jade keeps messing with the silver case, trying different little tricks he's learned over the years "Uh...Tatsu. I have a question, were there any other things like this case around here or datapads, portable computers? Even a desktop computer or something? Anything that has wires or ports like these?" gesturing at the connection he made with his handheld. "Maybe one of you guys may remember seeing something somewhere in this place?" Jade sets the box down and wanders over to the small work area mumbling to himself "silver cases and computers, I can't stand all this cloak and dagger crap"

darth_wyld
11 April 2005, 01:47 PM
"can you get on the computer and see if you can find out anything about Adrame's family?"

Seth looked over to Adramé and a pained expression crossed his face.

"Gotcha!"

He nodded towards Tatsu and trodded towards the stair to get on the machine to search for Adramé's parents.

OOC: I presume there are still enough die rolls left :D

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
12 April 2005, 02:09 AM
"But ofcourse!" Tatsu says, bowing and motioning to one of the bedrooms, "Kyle, could you show him the droids after? Perhaps we could find names for them..."

Tetengo gave a quizical look, "Name the droids? What kind are they? Hadn't really been around droids much either. On the Imperial stations and ships, there were these little four wheeled droids, squeaked around like pests. Almost trip over them sometimes. Seen a few silver humanoid ones. And a couple of them garbage can ones on two legs, they're domes were neat as they were see-through right into their inards. I asked mom if we could have one of those but she said we can't."


Troy grabbs Adrame's shoulder and forcibly spins her around.
"Too hard on them? What the flack are they doing here? This is not a halfway house. We are fighting a war in enemy territory, and we cannot afford to have drug addled morons hanging around. Perhaps in your backwater recuitment camps this is what the rebellion means to you, but I have seen the battlefront. I have fought next to dying men and women with more intelligence and commitment than these morons could ever have. I will not let your soft heart kill what is left of the Rebellion on this light-forsaken planet."

Being spun around, Now that struck a nerve Adrame looks at Troy squarely, "I never claimed these are the rebelion's finest, but they are rebels like the rest of us. I've seen them draw attention, i've seen them hide and escape from attention, and i've not seen them disapear but only notice moments later they're gone without a trace." Working up a bit more nerve, temporarily putting aside her own troubles, pointing a finger at Troy, "They survived these last few days didn't they? When we're possibly the very last survivors of our cells. Wheres those committed men and women that you spoke of your cell Troy? Where are they now? hmm?"

Shouldering off Troy's grasp, the brief onset anger subsided as quickly as it flared, leaving her twice as empty and worn than she was moments ago, "I've got equipment to help Erron sort through." Adrame replied, taking one of the bags Erron held, followed him back to one of the four couches.

Aerex audibly gulped from Troy's words, then sat quiet, observing the exchange between the two.

Erron was sitting on the couch, attention divided among things. Going through the contents of the spilled bag, he found: Merr-Sonn Z2 stun baton, knife, breathing mask w/ 2 filters, 1 smoke grenade, Blastech DL-44 heavy blaster pistol, painting supplies, and several cred ships totally aprox of 245cr. No bugs or other devices found- as this was the same bag he searched through in the van

Adrame sat on the couch- slumped herself heavily down more like it, sifting through the spilled contents of the pile, holding up each one looking at it. Some things she recognized, some she didnt. If she wasn't already feeling like poodoo already, the exchange with Troy only seemed to take that much more out of her already recent hollowed inner-self, as it brought up subjects that she was rather trying hard not to think about at the present moment.

In her findings: a visual wrist com, a pair of macrobinoculars, 5 medpacks, 2 power packs, 4 energy cells, a few cred chips totalling up to 200 credits, some personal belongings written in Fallen, a common blaster carbine. Last of the items, a folded combat jumpsuit more length and narrow. Being an unusual way to fold things, she unwrapped it carefully, it had some weight to it.

Speaking to nobody in particular with a heavy sigh, "Anybody know what this is?" Carefully holding up the clothed items with effort - 3 lengthly peices: two obsidian blades with delicate etchings in Falleen quarter length from stem of each blade. And a braided bound leather handgrip of equal length of the blades- each item spanning an arm's length.


Jade -
knowledge: technology 10 + 10 = 20. DC20. Having a look at the cluttered work desk, theres a variety of tools for a variety of jobs from mechanics, to electrical, to repair; from sharpening a blade to building a droid. There was also a variety of handheld testors - from circuit multi-meter types to com-unit signal quality testers. Some of the testers had similar or same types of cable jacks as found on the suitcase port panel - both in plug shape and pin-outs. The testers were of profesional grade - the types used by instalation technicians to troubleshoot a faulty computer terminal to installing and verifying a new comms desk replacement component.



Seth -
computer use 6, 6+8=14, 6+11=17 . DC15
It took a bit of the usual digging and searching but the query was hard going. Nothing specific was being found. Even scanning the Public Coranor's reports was tough. The problem wasn't quantity, as there were sizable lists of people identified from the last few days, as well as banks of unidentified Johnn Doehs- no holos, just brief times and locations found.

Ronin
12 April 2005, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar &amp; Raven

Erron was sitting on the couch, attention divided among things. Going through the contents of the spilled bag, he found: Merr-Sonn Z2 stun baton, knife, breathing mask w/ 2 filters, 1 smoke grenade, Blastech DL-44 heavy blaster pistol, painting supplies, and several cred ships totally aprox of 245cr. No bugs or other devices found- as this was the same bag he searched through in the van

"That is mine," Tatsu says, retrieving his stuff after it's been scanned; "all clear?" He was itching to get back into his old clothes and out of this Imperial uniform...


Originally posted by Terras Jadeonar &amp; Raven
Speaking to nobody in particular with a heavy sigh, "Anybody know what this is?" Carefully holding up the clothed items with effort - 3 lengthly peices: two obsidian blades with delicate etchings in Falleen quarter length from stem of each blade. And a braided bound leather handgrip of equal length of the blades- each item spanning an arm's length.

He sighed and lowed his head; "Savan's. I'll take his things if you do not mind. I will say a prayer for him." Gathering up the late Falleen's belongings he heads off to the bedroom he used earlier to change his clothes and prepare to say a short prayer.

Rostek
12 April 2005, 11:22 AM
"That is mine," Tatsu says, retrieving his stuff after it's been scanned; "all clear?" He was itching to get back into his old clothes and out of this Imperial uniform...
"Just about-" Eronn replied, not quite satisfied with his search. "Just let me take a quick search through all of the stuff here. It'll only be a couple minutes." he finished. Eronn then went to digging through the pile of items and empty bags in search of any bugs or whatnot. [OOC: Search Take 20]
Noticing the... uneasiness of the gathered companions over some of the new arrivals, Eronn decided against attempting mediation.
He had no moral authority over their loss, after all- Savan was their friend, and while the SpecOps officer could appriciate the loss, he did not presume to know how the rest of the group felt. Thusly, Eronn quietly finished his task.
If they need to be broken up, Tatsu will do it. He's probably a lot better at it than I am anyway. he thought

Ris
12 April 2005, 05:37 PM
"Me? uhh no. Nothin like it. We moved round lots, lived in really small rooms an stuff like the room size down stairs, y'know?" Tetengo replied, sounding like a kid who didnt have much.
It sounded to Kyle like the boy was describing transport accomodations between posts--not that her "permanent" quarters would have been much more. However, Kiry would probably have been embarassed to hear her son's description. From what she'd told Kyle, Kiry had grown up in the relatively luxurious quarters of an influential officer & Tetengo had shared that life for several years, but that had no doubt changed with the elder Noor's death.

"Name the droids? What kind are they?
"One's an ASP & the other a BLL--not quite a 'real' droid--if it's stock," Kyle answers, as Tatsu opens one of the empty rooms.

"But ofcourse!" Tatsu says, bowing and motioning to one of the bedrooms, "Kyle, could you show him the droids after? Perhaps we could find names for them..."
"Go on, take a look inside--do you think this one will suit you? We'll have to see what kind of game software there is for you. Maybe there's a flight one that's better than HyperStar," Kyle encouraged the boy. "Yeah, sure, I'll show Tetengo, Tatsu. Tetengo, do you want to grab us a snack on the way down? I'm a little hungry."

... And a couple of them garbage can ones on two legs, they're domes were neat as they were see-through right into their inards. I asked mom if we could have one of those but she said we can't."
Kyle was glad the boy seemed fascinated by droids, it was something they could gab about. Maybe he would tell him about Tag. "I don't blame you for wanting one, the astromechs are about the coolest droids invented. But most of them won't be pleased to be called a 'garbage can,' you know. They can do so many many things & most of them seemed to be programmed to like people. Not all of them have clear domes like the R3 you're talking about. The R2's--which are the best of them--don't." He ushered Tetengo toward the wardrobe as they talked & helped him pick out clothes that were close to what Raltiir teens considered "mega-kewl," Kyle helped him carry several sets of clothes back to the boy's new room. They even got basics like undergarments & socks, as well as 2 sets of bedlinens, so that Kiry wouldn't have any complaints in that regard. Kyle knew from personal experience that not having such things was a good way to start a Mom-lecture. And Kyle didn't want Kiry talking to him like that--he still hoped she'd think of him as--what? A lover? Maybe...she was pretty good-looking--but what about Tatsu?
After a quick detour to the kitchen, the pilot took Tetengo to see the droids.
*********************
Kiry was much happier now that she had her beloved "little boy." Perhaps a little time "male-bonding" with the martial artist and pilot would help him adjust & make the task of telling Tetengo that she'd defected easier. Well, she'd actually said the word "defected," even if only in her mind. But Kiry didn't dwell on what she'd admitted to herself. She took a few minutes to spoil herself in the refresher after she washed off all the make-up. A nice massage-setting on the jets, and some floral/citrus-y scented toiletries she'd found during the make-up session with the other women.
Dr. Kiry Noor returned to the living area. She was wearing a lime-green jumpsuit with black sash. The jumsuit's neckline was fairly low. The green shade seemed to bring out a bit of green in her hazel eyes. Kiry'd put on low, soft sueded black indoor boots. She didn't see Tetengo and Kyle & figured they had gone exploring a bit. She did see a plate of cookies & glass blue milk they'd left for her & smiled as she ate the snack. As she put her dishes--and theirs--in the auto-washer, Kiry decided to talk with Tatsu about training, find out what he had in mind, for both her & her son. Kiry went over & tapped on Tatsu's door.

max ordo
12 April 2005, 11:33 PM
Having a look at the cluttered work desk, theres a variety of tools for a variety of jobs from mechanics, to electrical, to repair; from sharpening a blade to building a droid. There was also a variety of handheld testors - from circuit multi-meter types to com-unit signal quality testers. Some of the testers had similar or same types of cable jacks as found on the suitcase port panel - both in plug shape and pin-outs. The testers were of profesional grade - the types used by instalation technicians to troubleshoot a faulty computer terminal to installing and verifying a new comms desk replacement component.

Jade looks at all of the things on the desk and sighs "This is gonna be a long night" he hears the group talking and..argueing? but he tunes it out as usual when something technical is involved.He picks up the testers and head back over to the table with the silver box. Before sitting down he glances around the room and notices the couches around the holoprojector Might as well be comfortable he thinks and he takes the equipment and the silver box with the lenses over to the animal skin couch which looks to be unoccupied and sets everything down on one end. He starts messing with the testers hooking them into the silver box.


occ:computer use, knowledge electronic devices etc..

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
13 April 2005, 01:00 PM
Erron - search +4, take 20. DC20

Having been able to spill the contents on the couch to sift through them more thoroughly than in the bag within the van. Just the same - no bugs found, at least the obvios ones. Though this time you were able to examine the asortment of painting supplies in the various kits - paints, paint brushes, cleaners, disolvents, and a few other various related chemicals. You wouldn't have noticed this by sifthing through the bag.


Jade -rolls #1 & 2
comp use 12 + 5 = 17. Dc15
knowledge - technology 10 + 7 = 17. Dc15

Using the testers, you are able to determin relatively which ports are for which function - theres a few data interface plugins - for datapads and other equipment. Included is a video-in, video-out, as well as well as a few auxileries for different types of cables. Unpluging and testing the two corded 'boxes' , one apears to be a dude, the other seemingly is functional with equipment in it. The outlets they were pluged into were possible video ports.

max ordo
14 April 2005, 10:09 AM
Using the testers, you are able to determin relatively which ports are for which function - theres a few data interface plugins - for datapads and other equipment. Included is a video-in, video-out, as well as well as a few auxileries for different types of cables. Unpluging and testing the two corded 'boxes' , one apears to be a dude, the other seemingly is functional with equipment in it. The outlets they were pluged into were possible video ports.



"Uh..excuse me. Could someone show me where this was originally" Jade points to the silver box and the lenses. He then takes the box that was possibly plugged into video ports to the Holoprojector in the middle of the couches and looks to see if it will plug in there.

Ronin
16 April 2005, 05:44 AM
As she put her dishes--and theirs--in the auto-washer, Kiry decided to talk with Tatsu about training, find out what he had in mind, for both her & her son. Kiry went over & tapped on Tatsu's door.

Tatsu places his back and Savan's gear on the bed...the plushie head rolls out of Savan's bag. Seera's plushie, the only reminder he has of his cell leader...and now of Savan too.
He pulled off the grey Imperial uniform, folded it and put it in the wardrobe...he hated the sight of it, but it might come in useful again. Retrieving his own boots and trousers he starts getting dressed...
looking over Savan's strange double-bladed weapon. If he had been back home, he would have given the Falleen a proper funeral, ensure his spirit was blessed and guided to the afterlife...but all that he had was his blade.
It would suffice.
Still half dressed he took out his paints and began painting the ancient symbols on the Falleen weapon. They should have been inked on the deceased's body...but this seemed fitting. With his eyes closed he traced lines of energy on the weapon in blue paint, sometimes smooth, sometimes jagged....

His eyes flicked open.
Suddenly there was a knock at the door.
"Enter".

red5_5
16 April 2005, 03:08 PM
Adramé, utterly depressed, slumps down in the couch further and continues to carefully rummage through the equipment. What a day: my parent’s missing, Savan dead, and now Aerex and Randyl show up and I yell at Troy. I’m not like that normally. I probably just need to clear my head; maybe I’ll go work on my speeder a little. Finding her bag, Adramé grabs it, dumps out the contents and begins halfheartedly searching everything. My heart’s not in it right now. I’ve got to cool down.

Glancing over at Eronn, Adramé tells him, “I’ve got to cool down because I’m no use to anyone right now. I’m going to get out of this uniform. Do you think you could check through my stuff for me? I’d really appreciate it.”

She stands up from the couch and heads over to her bedroom avoiding eye contact with everyone. With all these new additions, I’ll probably end up sharing with someone else. Sliding open the door, Adramé walks into the small cubical and locks the door behind her. Plopping down onto the lower bunk, she presses her face into the pillow and sobs quietly. Why are my parents gone? What could have happened to them? Did the Imps find out who I really am? I hope I didn’t get them into trouble! Torn up inside with guilt, Adramé continues crying for several minutes.

Finally, she calms down and begins to think rationally again. I can’t do anything about my parents while I’m crying here all day. I’ve got to get myself undercontrol. Adramé grabs the Imperial cap off of her head and squeezes it tightly. Then she whipes at her eyes with the back of her left hand. I’d better get out of this uniform and start helping everybody. Letting her hair down, Adramé gets out of bed and walks over to the clothes locker. Grabbing clothes similar to the ones she appropriated earlier, Adramé exits the room and heads for the refresher.

Entering the refresher, Adramé strips down and quickly washes off in the shower. The skin paint comes off easily, but the hair dye remains. Changing into the clean clothes, Adramé takes a look at herself in the mirror and smiles. I’m looking better and feeling better. It’s been a long time since I’ve cried; maybe I needed it. Returning to her lazy habbits, she kicks the Imp uniform into the corner of the refresher. I’ll get that later. Exiting the refresher, Adramé heads straight for Troy.

In a calm, timid voice, Adramé apoligizes, “I’m sorry, Troy. I’m not usually like that. I know it’s a lame excuse, but I’m worried about my parents and I took it out on you. I don’t want strife in the group, so if you’ll accept my apology I’ll feel much better.” Smiling hopefully, Adramé extends her hand in truce.

Dr_Worm
16 April 2005, 03:19 PM
"Apology accepted." Troy said, "I can get a bit commanding when I feel myself and my companions are threatened. Whether you see it or not those spice-heads are a threat to us. Just try and keep your head in the game."

red5_5
16 April 2005, 03:26 PM
Feeling relieved, Adramé replies, "Thank you, Troy. I know they are a threat, but they are good guys. I'll keep my eyes on them for you though, I don't want anyone else to get hurt. Well, I'd better get back to checking out the equipment."

Returning to the couch in a better mood, Adramé starts thoroughly searching through the equipment.

Rostek
16 April 2005, 03:29 PM
“I’ve got to cool down because I’m no use to anyone right now. I’m going to get out of this uniform. Do you think you could check through my stuff for me? I’d really appreciate it.”
Eronn looked up. "Sure thing. I wore the uniform for a few years, so I guess I'm used to it. Still hot as hell though." he chuckled.
(Take 20 on that search check... just hope there's no DC 25 + bugs in the stuff or else we're screwed :rolleyes:).

darth_wyld
16 April 2005, 04:19 PM
Seth turned of the display.

So many dead, so many arrested, so many...

He pinched the bridge of his nose and leaned back in his seat. He began to scratch his neck viciously.

Why is this frelling collar chafing so frelling... oh great! I'm still wearing uniform.

He rose wearyly from the chair and went up again. He walked straight into his room and picked his clothes from his bunk. He tried to fold the uniform in the most uncrumpled way he could and dumped them in the wardrobe. He looked into the mirror on the inside of the wardrobe and looked into an unfamilliar face. Stark shadows under his eyes and missing hair in his face made it unfamilliar, and he looked haggard.

He took a long look at his bunk but decided, that he wanted to know what was going on outside.

He went out, helped himself to something hot and stimulating to drink and slumped down on one of the couches.

Ris
17 April 2005, 06:35 AM
His eyes flicked open. Suddenly there was a knock at the door.
"Enter".
Kiry stepped into the martial artist's room, a tentative smile on her face. "Tatsu, I, I don't want you to think I was spurning your offer to teach Tetengo--I do want you to. I just wasn't expecting it so soon. And I'm not sure what you want to teach us. I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were busy?..." Kiry's voice trailed off as she looked at Tatsu's handiwork. She was fascinated, she'd never seen an artist working before--and there was something else. The doctor sensed that this was private, something meant for a purpose higher than bringing pleasure to viewers. "I want to talk with you more about Tetengo, he's been needing a father-fgure, since Dad died...but I guess some other time?" As Kiry half-turned back to the door, still itrigued by Tatsu's artistry, she blushed, realising what she'd just said. That almost sounded like I was trying to get him to marry me or something!

Ronin
17 April 2005, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Ris
...but I guess some other time?" As Kiry half-turned back to the door, still itrigued by Tatsu's artistry, she blushed, realising what she'd just said. That almost sounded like I was trying to get him to marry me or something!

"No. Do not go. Stay if you wish. I can explain what I am doing if you wish? And, I suggested that I, and the others train Tetengo because I fear he may not be able to return to a normal life...or normal education for some time. He is at a formative age...his future may be decided...and this made me hesitate. What choices you make for your son, and the choices you give him, will dictate his future...if you want him to be a freedom fighter for the Rebel Alliance...or if you want him to have a normal life: a life free of killing."
He puts down his paint brush and, still kneeling, shifts to face her.
"Over the last two days the three member of my cell died...Savan was killed today...and Adrame's parents are gone. This is the life of a freedom fighter. It is a curse," he says with tears in his eyes.
"Parents and elders must make choices for their young...and be prepared for their young to oppose those choices....or embrace them to fatal consequences. The spirits saw fit to put me on this path. I have taken lives and the lives of those close to me have been taken. I feel immense pain in both cases. You have seen the evil of the Empire...it is a noble deed to set your son on the path to aiding the freedom of the galaxy...but there is no one in that galaxy who could not forgive him for hiding him from it's dangers."
"If you choose the path of the warrior for your son, and he embraces it, I will teach him all I know...but together we will be forging a weapon...and destroying a child." Tatsu's voice trails off to a whisper and he looks away, remembering something.

max ordo
17 April 2005, 01:20 PM
Typical, nobody seems to hear me. Seeing as nobody seems to be paying any attention to him jade gathers up the silver case and the testers along with the lens cases and heads to the stairs to go down into the warehouse to try and figure this out. Too much noise in here anyway, can't hear myself think He remembers seeing an office on the ground floor and decides that would be a good quiet place to work on the case "I'll be downstairs if anyone needs me, can't work with all the distractions in here."

Going to the office in the warehouse Jade spreads everything out on the desk and starts trying different plugs in different places. He notices the computer at the desk and attempts to hook the silver box up to the computer. Maybe I'll have better luck with this computer than mine.


occ:comp use and knowledge electronic devices to try again with the box. also will try hooking up the non-dud lens case to this computer.

darth_wyld
17 April 2005, 01:44 PM
Seeing Adramé rummaging through her things Seth moved closer towards her.

"Errm, hey! I... I just was downstairs a while..." He said while pointing with his thumb over his shoulder.
"I know, it won't help a lot, but your parents... I just sliced through the Holonet a bit, looking for clues but I couldn't find anything...."

He looked down shaking his head, staring at his hands.

"I know, there is not much I can tell you that would make you feel better, I've been there too when...well, I better shut up about that....

I wasn't able to not hear you having some... expressive discussion with Seargent Blue?"
he asked looking up from his hands again.

OOC: Edit: Past tense, present tense, pick one, stay with it.

red5_5
17 April 2005, 02:13 PM
Adramé notices Seth move closer and sets down the equipment. At least Seth is ok and made it back. One less thing to worry about. Smiling, she sits back in the couch and looks into his eyes. What does he mean to me? Why would I worry about someone that I’ve know less than a week? Confused about her feelings towards the fellow rebel, Adramé listens as Seth begins talking.


"Errm, hey! I... I just was downstairs a while..." He said while pointing with his thumb over his shoulder.
"I know, it won't help a lot, but your parents... I just sliced through the Holonet a bit, looking for clues but I couldn't find anything...."

“Thanks for your concern. Not many people would do something like that for someone else. I’m glad that you checked for me.” Smiling again, Adramé continues, “I’m sure they are fine, but I just can’t get this bad feeling out of my head. I feel like I’m responsible for their disappearance and if the Imps got them I’d feel even worse.”

Glancing down at the equipment on the verge of tears, Adramé thinks of her parents. Calm down, Adramé! Then, Seth mentions that he’s been in a similar situation before. Has he lost his parents? Or someone else close to him? I’d better not ask, it sounds like he doesn’t want to talk about it. Then, Seth changes the subject.


I wasn't able to not hear you having some... expressive discussion with Seargent Blue?"

“Oh that.” Grimacing, Adramé explains, “I lost control of my feelings for a second. I was really worried about my parents and everything else that happened today, so I snapped at Troy. I’ve never done that before. But after I cooled down I was able to see my foolishness.”

Continuing the conversation, Adramé says, “I’m still worried about my parents and I feel so alone. I know that I’m with everyone here, but I’ve never been without my parents before. Even when I flew transports, I still kept in contact with them almost everyday. I just feel so alone.” Remembering the past causes a tear to roll down her cheek. Wiping the tear away, Adramé turns away from Seth, not wanting him to see her weakness.

darth_wyld
17 April 2005, 02:44 PM
“Oh that.” Grimacing, Adramé explains, “I lost control of my feelings for a second. I was really worried about my parents and everything else that happened today, so I snapped at Troy. I’ve never done that before. But after I cooled down I was able to see my foolishness.”

"Heh!" Seth's face turned into a grin. "I had my run in with her, too. Remember when the doctor arrived? It was me too, being unreasonable angry... She's a soldier and I...am not. I don't think it was the last time that we fought. Will happen again!"


, “I’m still worried about my parents and I feel so alone. I know that I’m with everyone here, but I’ve never been without my parents before. Even when I flew transports, I still kept in contact with them almost everyday. I just feel so alone.”

When Adramé turned away from him Seth reached out to touch her shoulder but stopped halfway, his hand hovering in the air.

Whoa! Dude! You know her like a few hours! You've been flirting with her since you first saw her. Do you know what you want? You know the problems! You know the trouble! You know the--- Oow, SHADDAP!

He shook his head to chase his thoughts away.

His hand crossed the remaining space and touched her shoulder lightly.

"You said it yourself. They will be fine. They know that you'll be fine, they will try to contact you as soon as they can. You are so close. Their love is with you. You are not alone. Not at all!" he told her with a hoarse voice.

red5_5
17 April 2005, 03:15 PM
Comforted by Seth, Adramé reaches up to her shoulder and squeezes his hand. "Thank you," she says quietly while looking in his green eyes. I could get used to this. But, am I going to fast? I hope I don't mess this up. Looking into his eyes again, Adramé feels a deep attraction to this man she just recently met. I've got to get to know him better before I go any further.

In a much better mood, Adramé stands up and pulls Seth's arm. "Let's get some food. I'm starving!"

Ris
17 April 2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Ronin
"No. Do not go. Stay if you wish. I can explain what I am doing if you wish?
"I would like that, thank you." Kiry settled herself near Tatsu, arms around knees.


And, I suggested that I, and the others train Tetengo because I fear he may not be able to return to a normal life...or normal education for some time. He is at a formative age...his future may be decided...and this made me hesitate. What choices you make for your son, and the choices you give him, will dictate his future...if you want him to be a freedom fighter for the Rebel Alliance...or if you want him to have a normal life: a life free of killing."
He puts down his paint brush and, still kneeling, shifts to face her.
"Over the last two days the three member of my cell died...Savan was killed today...and Adrame's parents are gone. This is the life of a freedom fighter. It is a curse," he says with tears in his eyes.
"Parents and elders must make choices for their young...and be prepared for their young to oppose those choices....or embrace them to fatal consequences. The spirits saw fit to put me on this path. I have taken lives and the lives of those close to me have been taken. I feel immense pain in both cases. You have seen the evil of the Empire...it is a noble deed to set your son on the path to aiding the freedom of the galaxy...but there is no one in that galaxy who could not forgive him for hiding him from it's dangers."
Kiry listens quietly to the man's words. There are tears her eyes to match his. Once more she wishes to take her son and flee far away from all of this. To find a place where she and Tetengo could go on as before, a devoted mother raising a clever, funny son. But is there such a place? "But is there really such a place?" Only when she sees Tatsu react a little does Kiry realize she's asked the question aloud. "I told you before, I do not think there is a safe haven for us--though I wish it. The Empire has a long arm, and I am a traitor. Tetengo has grown up dreaming of being a pilot like his grandfather, & his father. And I was willing to let him, even though he did not understand the dangers." Kiry wiped her eyes. "Maryn was only about 19 when he died. Not so much older than our son is now. But to Tetengo, Maryn is only a name, a face in some holos. Not a living young man who loved to fly, who held me close & whispered I was beautiful, & dreamed of doing heroics and having a family. But Tetengo doesn't understand I think, how deadly it can be. But I was willing to let him take that path, & still am--is the one you offer so different, then, Tatsu?" The man's next words she took as an answer.

"If you choose the path of the warrior for your son, and he embraces it, I will teach him all I know...but together we will be forging a weapon...and destroying a child." Tatsu's voice trails off to a whisper and he looks away, remembering something.
Kiry buried her face in her hands, momentarily overcome by grief. Grief for the fate that might await the child that, only months ago it seems, she'd cradled in a blanket and held close & fed. Grief for those who had been lost in this latest crackdown, most of whom she didn't know. And grief for the man next to her, for whatever sadness their conversation had brought to mind. Impulsively, Kiry reached out to touch Tatsu's shoulder. "I will be a warrior, since I must. There is no turning back for me, from the moment I threw myself and Tetengo upon this cell's mercy. But must I choose my son's path now--is there not a little more time? Is there no middle path? I know he must have some training now for his own sake. But I cannot choose right now--I am sorry, Tatsu, to be so weak." Kiry recalled a few of Tatsu's words"...and he embraces it..." which seemed to offer a little reprieve. She took a breath and continued, "Would you let him observe a few of my training sessions, let him see how harsh it is, and see if he will want it?"

Ronin
17 April 2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Ris
"Would you let him observe a few of my training sessions, let him see how harsh it is, and see if he will want it?"

"I see that you do fully understand what lies ahead of us," he too puts his hand on her shoulder; "I, no: we will train your son...we can put him on the path...but there will come a time in his future when he will have to choose...the spirits will test him."

"You are not weak...you are a concerned mother considering her only child's future. You have chosen to prepare him for the path of a warrior...and you too have started down that path. Though Tetengo's trials may not come for many years, I sense that ours will be soon. You must be prepared."

He turns back to Savan's blade, picking up his paint brush again; "when I am finished here, we can resume your training. I wish to test the strength of your spirit, your energy. I may ask you to do things that as a doctor, you do not believe are possible. Do not let your physical form confine your spirit."
With that closes his eyes and continues painting.

darth_wyld
17 April 2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by red5_5
In a much better mood, Adramé stands up and pulls Seth's arm. "Let's get some food. I'm starving!" [/B]

"Eermm, to be honest I am a lousy cook. Never learned it. Most of the time I throw together some stuff that seems to fit... but most of the time it doesn't. But I am on a first name basis with most owners of fast food joints on Coruscant." he said with a smile while being dragged towards the kitchen area.

"I can imagine many uses for most of the appliances here but only a third of them would have to do with food..." he murmured and looked at some food processors.

"I guess I am completely at your mercy!".

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
18 April 2005, 12:12 AM
Tetengo was intrigued with having gotten his own room, a selection of clothing- the stuff wasn't too bad, the fashion a bit dated by school standards. Huh, the clothing musta been here for quite a while...

Following Kyle around the suite, grabbing a quick snack and proceeding back downstairs to the droids- what did he say they were again? The sounded cool anyways. Taking a bite out of the snack - some sort of wrapped wafer bar with a sweet taste, "So what do these droids of yours do in this place?"



Erron: search +4, take 20. DC20 Sifting through Adrame's things was simple enough, if one simply ignored the brief exchanges across and over the next few couches. One blaster pistol, a folded flight suit, a utility belt, a couple cred chips of 200cr value. The flight suit was clean. The pockets of the utility belt pockets were also clean- meaning nothing out of the ordinary apart from the 3 days of rations, medpac, tool kit, 2 power packs, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, a few personal items. Everything was clean.

Still occupying the couch, Aerex & Randyl simply sat there, well stretched out and relaxed with their arms behind their heads and feet crossed, watching everything as it happened, much like a holo-soap. At the very least, they weren't bored by it.


Jade: Knowledge: Technology +10, roll #1 4=14. DC10 There was ample room on the desk in the main floor office. Was relatively peacful and quiet, save for one of the guys and the teenage kid walking around and yammering. The small terminal on the desk was pretty much just a screen and corded keypad plugged into it. Fairly basic and simplistic, nothing more than a large sized datapad which was common for most public data-terminals. The unit didn't have any access ports of anykind.

Ris
18 April 2005, 04:10 PM
(Tetengo & Kyle)

"So what do these droids of yours do in this place?"
"I don't know," Kyle replied, after swallowing a mouthful of sandwich. "They actually belong to the owner who is letting us use them, & we haven't had any time to check them out. Want to, Tetengo? I don't know much about ASP's & BLL's. The ones I've had the most experience with are the R2 astromechs." Kyle's voice had turned a little wistful. He'd never see Tag again. Kyle led the boy over to where the droids were.

**********
(Kiry)

"I see that you do fully understand what lies ahead of us...You are not weak...you are a concerned mother considering her only child's future..."
Tatsu's words comforted and reassured Kiry. She tilted her head to one side, laying her cheek on his hand for a moment. When he removed his hand to pick up the brush, she still felt the touch, warm & strong on her shoulder.


"When I am finished here, we can resume your training. I wish to test the strength of your spirit, your energy. I may ask you to do things that as a doctor, you do not believe are possible. Do not let your physical form confine your spirit."
While she watched Tatsu paint the weapon, Kiry thought over his words, and found she didn't understand them. She knew the words, but Tatsu did not use them as she was used to. After he finished, she asked questions. "My 'spirit?' And 'spirits?' What do you mean, Tatsu? And 'energy?' I don't know how I'll do what you ask, if I don't understand what you are saying." The woman's tone held only curiousity and a desire to do whatever her teacher wished.

Ronin
18 April 2005, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Ris
"My 'spirit?' And 'spirits?' What do you mean, Tatsu? And 'energy?' I don't know how I'll do what you ask, if I don't understand what you are saying." The woman's tone held only curiousity and a desire to do whatever her teacher wished.

Still holding the brush poised over the Falleen blade, eyes closed, Tatsu pauses. "We all possess energy within us, though few of us possess the ability to manipulate it. This is our spirit. By 'Spirits' I refer to the combined power of all living beings in existence...call it 'Fate' or 'Destiny' if you will. You will discover more by doing. Less by asking."

He resumes painting, taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly in a deep, slow chant (OOC: think meditating Buddhist monks). There occasionally seem to be words in the sound, though they are stretched out beyond recognition.

After some time he lays down the brush and bows his head in silent prayer.
He wraps up the weapon again and puts away his painting equipment.
Finally Tatsu turns to Kiry and motions to the door.
"Let us resume your training."

Ris
18 April 2005, 07:04 PM
Finally Tatsu turns to Kiry and motions to the door.Finally Tatsu turns to Kiry and motions to the door.
"Let us resume your training."

"Dressed like this?" She indicates the jumpsuit, then smiles tentatively. "Yes, let's. I'm ready." Kiry opens the door and steps out. She doesn't see Tetengo & figures he must be with Kyle still. That is fine with her. Let him be a kid for as long as possible. Kiry heads for the range where they were working out earlier, and waits at the edge of the mat for Tatsu to join her, and begin the lesson. The doctor is intrigued still by Tatsu's earlier words and she wonders what she will learn. Kiry is also a little apprehensive, recalling their previous lesson and the things Tatsu has mentioned--knife work, testing.

Ronin
19 April 2005, 06:51 AM
Tatsu follows Kiry out of the bedroom but stops by the kitchen area as she continues to the range.

He leans past Seth and Adrame to pick up a pair of wooden spatulas, a cup and he takes an icecube from the freezer, putting it in the cup.
"Training equipment," he replies to their confused looks, before heading toward the range.

Joining Kiry by the mat he puts down the items he carried from the kitchen, takes off his boots, laying his knife (in it's sheath) by his boots and bows deeply to her.

He then walks to the middle of the range and sits cross legged on the floor, and motions for Kiry to sit opposite him.
"Perhaps later we will have time for combat training...but for now we test your hearing, doctor," he says smiling.
He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes.
"What do you hear?"

Ris
19 April 2005, 11:59 AM
Joining Kiry by the mat he puts down the items he carried from the kitchen, takes off his boots, laying his knife (in it's sheath) by his boots and bows deeply to her.

Kiry looks at the items in surprise, quipping, "Are we going to make the cake here, Tatsu? We'll need some other stuff, you know," before turning serious again. Copying Tatsu, she removes her own boots & sets them aside carefully. Then she returns his bow, less akward & self-conscious this time. Kiry sits as Tatsu directs her. She isn't sure what to do with her hands, & settles on folding them in her lap.


"Perhaps later we will have time for combat training...but for now we test your hearing, doctor," he says smiling.
Dr. Noor can't help but smile back--& look perplexed. Hearing tests were done by specially trained medtechs, using electronic gear. She also hadn't realized that there was more to Tatsu's training besides combat.

"What do you hear?"
Kiry again copies Tatsu and closes her eyes, trying to relax. "Your voice--and mine," she answers promptly, not thinking. idiot! she chides herself. Kiry takes a deep breath, which sounds more like a sigh than anything else, and tries to listen. What am I supposed to hear with soundproofing in the walls? she wonders. Gradually she picks up a few noises. "Ventilation. My breathing. The mat & jumpsuit fabric when I shift." She blushed dusky rosy at the last--Kiry thought she ws supposed to sit still, not fidget at all.

red5_5
19 April 2005, 03:04 PM
"I can imagine many uses for most of the appliances here but only a third of them would have to do with food..."

"And what might those uses be?" Adramé says in an innocent manner. Flashing him a quick smile, she turns towards the cupboards and rummages through them.

Smiling mischievously, Adramé says, "To be honest, I'm not a very good cook either. I promise I won't kill you! I really hope there's something easy to make in here."

Coming to the freezer, Adramé finds some nerf steaks. "Will these do? Or do you want something else."

darth_wyld
19 April 2005, 03:50 PM
"And what might those uses be?" Adramé says in an innocent manner.

Seth picked up some device looked at it from several sides and imitated a shudder.

"I'd better keep silent about that or you get a wrong impression about me..." he answered with a smirk.


He leans past Seth and Adrame to pick up a pair of wooden spatulas, a cup and he takes an icecube from the freezer.

"Yeah, well... have fun?" Seth looked puzzled after Tatsu left.


"Will these do? Or do you want something else."

"Nerf steak? Right now I'd even eat them frozen. Sure! Maybe there's some Mounder Potato Rice there, that we could do as a side dish... I'd be able to manage that... "

He brought some water to boil and threw in some of the packaged potato rice.

"Well that's what you get when you lead a pampered youth directly changing into a wild bachelor's live with too much money... you don't learn the essentials..." while he desperatly tried to pull the packaging from a bottle with spices.

red5_5
19 April 2005, 04:06 PM
Unpackaging the steaks, Adramé continues the conversation, "Now that's something new. You don't look like a pampered youth to me." She puts the steaks on the grill and gets out a spatula. Joking, Adramé adds, " Were you one of those kids that couldn't tie his shoe without a butler? And just how wild were you?"

Ronin
19 April 2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Ris
Gradually she picks up a few noises. "Ventilation. My breathing. The mat & jumpsuit fabric when I shift." She blushed dusky rosy at the last--Kiry thought she ws supposed to sit still, not fidget at all.

"Listen for your heart beat. Do you hear it?"

Tatsu then takes a deep breath and focuses his Spirit, trying to hear as deeply into himself and as far through the warehouse as possible. It was immediately apparent to him that he was having difficulties. Kiry was indeed distracting...even with his eyes closed, he could smell her. It was a good smell.
Focus!
How was he supposed to teach her these powers if he couldn't harness them himself in a training session?!

OOC: Terras, I emailed you Tatsu's Enhance Senses roll. Boy does it suck! :D

darth_wyld
19 April 2005, 09:21 PM
" Were you one of those kids that couldn't tie his shoe without a butler? And just how wild were you?"

"Nah, I wasn't THAT terribly pampered. You know, parents that were rich enough that I had enough money to hit the clubs at least every second night. The other night was for sleeping. And wild? Well let's say I'd qualify as the kind of guy your parents always warned you about. One of these ne'erdowell womanizing rich guys with no morals and no goals in their lives just looking for fun. "

He stirred his pot for a moment, looking into it.

"Until everything changed..."

Ronin
21 April 2005, 07:33 AM
Perhaps I am pushing her too quickly, he thought. Afterall, it had taken years of training for him...and they said that children learned found it easier...

"Perhaps we can do more later," he said rising and picking up the two wooden spatulas from the side of the mat. Holding the blade of one, he hands it to Kiry as she stands. "The first thing to know is that there are no masters of the knife. Only survivors. There is no such thing as a knife fight. It is murder or be murdered."
"And if you have a gun, use it first," he adds with a slight smile.

Tatsu took the doctor through basic cuts, stabs and defensive moves, always studying her to see what forms she took to easiest: these he would concentrate on. He made sure to draw on her medical knowledge: targeting stabs and cuts at major organs to cause maximum damage...how to take out an unaware target, or one who was equally keen on cutting you up.
Steadily he combined unarmed attacks into their sparring; kicks, knees, punches with the free hand, elbows with either arm, headbutts, shoulder barges, throws.
After an imesureable length of time they parted, both breathing rapidly and sweating, their forearms covered in bruises from the spatulas...bruises that would have been bleeding cuts had the blades been live.

Tatsu tucked the spatula into his belt and walked across to the edge of the mat, picking up his knife. He then unwound the white bandage-like cloth from his left bicep...revealing a long dark scar across the arm.
He approached Kiry and bound the cloth over her eyes, blinding her.

"Now we will continue our sparring, without the hinderance of vision."
Kiry immediately took up a guard position.
She was a quick learner.

Tatsu went back to the edge of the mat, confident that Kiry couldn't see him. Picking up the remains of the icecube from the cup, he returned to face Kiry.

He remembered this training session from two decades earlier: when he had been the student. He remembered how shocked he had been as the other monk drew an icicle across Tatsu's skin. He could have sworn that he'd been cut by the knife that the monk had been weilding before blindfolding the young Tatsu. He knew he would have to be careful of Kiry's response...
She tilted her head as he circled her, trying to hear his footsteps.
"Do not use your senses. I have been trained to decieve the physical senses. You cannot see my presence, you may not be able to hear my presence, yet you know I am here. That is what I wish to nurture. This sense is hightened in danger."
He drew his knife deliberately loudly, then silently lay in on the mat where it wouldn't get in the way. Now he only held the ice.

He silently circled her.
She made occasional swipes, cutting nothing but air.
"Relax. Do not anticipate the attack. Do not try to feel for the attack, this is a reactive use of your spirit, not proactive."
He continued circling then ducked in low, drawing the ice up and across the inside of the right wrist.

With a scream her spatula flew across the room as her arm jerked back reflexively. Tatsu immediately embraced her and pulled the blindfold away.
"Ice. Ice. It's nothing but ice," he said soothingly, showing her her wrist: the flesh unbroken, untouched.
"The senses can fool us, as can assumptions," he says calmly, then shows her the backs of his forearms: they are criss-crossed with scars, "also, you will get cut. You should not allow it willingly: defense is essential, but few wield a blade for long unblemished."

"You are okay?"

He strides across and picks up both her spatula and his knife. He re-sheathes the knife and puts it on the edge of the mat, and the ice back in the cup.
Handing her 'knife' back to her he blindfolds her again. "Let us continue."
As he silently circled her again he studied her; if she had the ability to manipulate her spirit then she should be able to feel threats before they occurred.

He lunged in, jabbing her back with the spatula, eliciting a yelp.
"That was your kidney. You have a matter of minutes to send me to the afterlife before you bleed dry."

He lunged in again at the left side of her neck but she turned aside, flailing with her spatula. Her defensive move was wild, but her reaction was quick.....perhaps she has it, he thought.

After a couple more hits Tatsu began to think that she was getting it...or perhaps he was fooling himself...seeing something he wanted to see in this woman. He didn't want to disappoint her, or himself, by not finding the ability within her.

One last attack.
Tatsu swept in from the left, behind her with his knife held in a reverse grip in his left hand, to hold it against her throat and end the sparring. As he moved, Kiry stepped backward, turning left and trapping his foot. With his spatula at her neck they both fell backward to the mat.
Again.
With her on top of him he couldn't move.
Kiry rotated so they were face to face. Belly to belly. Both breathing hard. He could feel her breath on his face. He had dropped his spatula as they fell. A dangerous error...but that was the last thing on his mind at that moment.
Still blindfolded, Kiry looked left and right, her lips brushing against his.

Ris
21 April 2005, 06:35 PM
"Listen for your heart beat. Do you hear it?"
"I feel it, that's all, Tatsu," she answered softly. "I'm sorry." Kiry tried to clear her mind so she could hear the very familiar sound. She heard her teacher taking another deep breath. Tatsu did this so easily. She'd never met anyone like him, calm no matter what. Kiry now listened to his slow, deep breathing instead of her own. And found herself focusing more on the man seated so near her, recalling the way he spoke to her, the few times he'd touched her, wishing--for what?


Perhaps I am pushing her too quickly, he thought. Afterall, it had taken years of training for him..."Perhaps we can do more later," he said rising and picking up the two wooden spatulas from the side of the mat. Holding the blade of one, he hands it to Kiry as she stands.
"Thank you," she replies, & only then does he release the "blade." Kiry Noor listened gravely to Tatsu's words. She was still a little leary of learning this weapon--but she had agreed to accept his tutelage.


Tatsu took the doctor through basic cuts, stabs and defensive moves...After an imesureable length of time they parted, both breathing rapidly and sweating, their forearms covered in bruises from the spatulas...bruises that would have been bleeding cuts had the blades been live.
A small part of Kiry's mind was surprised--and a little horrified--at how easily she picked up what he taught her. But she was pleased as well. Her bruised arms ached, and so did his, Kiry was sure. I gave alomost as good as I got. I hope Tatsu thinks I did well. Her breathing & heartbeat still raced from the workout which she found strangely exhilarating. She expected her teacher to say something, but he only moved to the mat to retrieve his knife. She eyed the weapon warily. Before she could ask if he was really going to use the knife, Tatsu had bound her with the cloth from his arm. She got only a glimpse of the scar beneath before he bound her eyes. "But, Tatsu," she started to protest, then shut her mouth. I trust him--with everything, Kiry thought, realizing it was true. The blindfold was effective but not so tight as to be uncomfortable. It was dampened with his sweat & Kiry could smell the not-unpleasant scent.


"Now we will continue our sparring, without the hinderance of vision."
Kiry immediately took up a guard position. She was a quick learner.
Feeling vulnerable, the doctor tried to listen for the subtle sounds of Tatsu's breathing, or his feet on the mat. She knew he was circling, not standing still--but she coudn't hear any thing--except his few instructions to her. A few times, she thought she heard--no, felt something. Not matter where she moved the blade, however, he was not there. One of her vain thrusts was particularly awkward, and left her open, she realized. The realization was too late. She felt stinging cold metal along her wrist. Kiry screamed. If her hands were damaged, she wouldn't be able to do delicate surgery...Just as Tatsu wrapped her comfortingly in his arms, Kiry noticed she didn't feel her warm blood. Tatsu's words did soothe the woman, and she gave a nervous giggle, as he removed her blindfold. "Ice? No wonder I didn't feel blood..." But her face, which had been flushed from the exercises, was now pale, as she leaned a little on Tatsu.


"The senses can fool us, as can assumptions," he says calmly, then shows her the backs of his forearms: they are criss-crossed with scars, "also, you will get cut. You should not allow it willingly: defense is essential, but few wield a blade for long unblemished. You are okay?"
Kiry examines the scars, tentatively tracing one with a delicate finger. "That one was deep & in a bad spot." She look up at him, her smile only a little shaky. "Yes, I'm OK. It was foolish of me to react that way. I would have been dead, if you'd been an enemy, wouldn't I?" Kiry asked in an aabashed tone. "You--would you. Is that how you would train Tetengo?"

Even though she is still a little shaky, Kiry Noor was ready to continue the lesson, and allowed Tatsu to blindfold her again, enjoying the brush of his fingers as he tied it carefully. Kiry Noor started to feel more confident as she moved. She wasn't able to hit Tatsu, but she did evade him for the most part.


One last attack.
Tatsu swept in from the left, behind her with his knife held in a reverse grip in his left hand, to hold it against her throat and end the sparring. As he moved, Kiry stepped backward, turning left and trapping his foot. With his spatula at her neck they both fell backward to the mat.
Again.
Kiry was still trying to hear her teacher's silent moves, but had no idea where Tatsu was. Had he slipped way, was Tatsu now sitting on the edge of the mat, watching her with those captivating green eyes, to see how long it would take her to realize what he'd done? Then, she moved back, tripping him up, not sure how or why her body had moved. The spatula fell away from her neck as she and Tatsu landed. The man's body cushioned her fall, and she rolled over to face him, and brushed her lips across his. She removed the blindfold, one handed, but stayed where she was, enjoying being next to him. Shyly, she kissed Tatsu again, one hand stroking his shorn hair.

max ordo
23 April 2005, 10:04 PM
Having no luck in the downstairs office Jade returns to the suite and goes back over to the holoprojector and starts examining the projector base for any video ports, he's also double checks the boxes making sure he isn't trying to use something that is broken.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
23 April 2005, 10:43 PM
"I don't know," Kyle replied, after swallowing a mouthful of sandwich. "They actually belong to the owner who is letting us use them, & we haven't had any time to check them out. Want to, Tetengo? I don't know much about ASP's & BLL's. The ones I've had the most experience with are the R2 astromechs." Kyle's voice had turned a little wistful. He'd never see Tag again. Kyle led the boy over to where the droids were.

"Sure!" Tetengo replied enthusiastically. He never got to be around or experiment with droids before. "So what do ASP and BLL's do? Can we try them out? Make them do things?" Tetengo asked.

***

Upstairs in the suite, Aerex was kinda getting bored, debating if he bent forwards to switch the "vid" on, would anyone mind or notice? He looked towards the Twi'lek. Niether of them seemed very talktative. Randyl nudged him with a shoulder, and glanced towards the main area. Twisting his neck, he was able to see something but not much, as the two working out dropped to the floor and the blasted table and chairs were in the way.

Upon Jade's return, Aerex spoke "'sup' Jade? Still tinkerin with them gizmos?"


Jade:
Knowledge: Technology +10, roll#1 6 =16. DC10
Search +7, roll#2 15 =22. DC10
Search +7, roll#3 15 =22. DC10 Examining the hholoprojector this time, it's quite clear it's a military grade unit. These units can be found on the blackmarket once in a while but command top dollar- and thats usually for units that have been stripped down or salvaged. This one was in near pristine condition. The unit had all the panel coverings inplace. Normally these units were wired in from underneath, and this unit apeared so (no visible cabling), but with a bit of prodding and lifting up, or sliding over the stiff panels, a compartment was found with auxilery input/output ports for video, audio, and data, even an s-comp link, clearly labeled and color coded. It was just below the primary unit controls, below it's slight ledge.

Checking out the case and the two boxes, nothing seemed broken, save for the one false lensebox.

Either way, it apeared Jade had an audience. Aerex and Randyl were watching with interest.

max ordo
23 April 2005, 11:03 PM
Upon Jade's return, Aerex spoke "'sup' Jade? Still tinkerin with them gizmos?"

Jade glances at Aerex "You know me." and starts examining "Damn..this thig is sweet. Don't see too many outside of the military." he mumbles to noone in particular. After a minute he spots what he's looking for "Jackpot" and he reached for the corded box that hopefully worked and then connected it to the video ports on the holoprojector. He then searched for an s comp cable connector for the silver box and finds one with all thie equipment. After having everything sorted out Jade hooks the silver box to the projector also and then makes sure his computer is linked to the silver box still and attempts to once again crack the secret of this box. Hope this works Jade thinks to himself.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
24 April 2005, 12:32 AM
Assembling everything cable wise between the components, fitting one cable to an s-comp plug adapter and so forth. The moment came to turn it on and see if it worked... Flipping the power switch on the holoprojector, a large cylindrical column of energy & light came to life from the circular base.

A Black screen with clear text began displaying:


Case: ....Untampered.
Status: ....Functional.
Condition: ....Ok. Typing in the same key sequence commands as did earlier, brought up:
Menu:
- Diagnostics
- Uplink
- Password

>Prompt?>_ Checking the Uplink menu, it promptly reported:
>Checking.....
>Please wait.......
>Possible Connection found. Secure line protocols mode availble.
>_

>Would you like to attempt a conection? [Y/N] >_
>Warning: Only 3 tries allowed before unit anti-tamper device is activated.
Would you still like to continue? [Y/N]
>_
>Tries remaining: 3
>Please Input Password:>____________

Ronin
24 April 2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Ris
The man's body cushioned her fall, and she rolled over to face him, and brushed her lips across his. She removed the blindfold, one handed, but stayed where she was, enjoying being next to him. Shyly, she kissed Tatsu again, one hand stroking his shorn hair.

All thoughts of training, infact all the lessons taught to him by the abbot about the perils of the flesh were forgotten in the touch of this woman's lips.
He enveloped her with his arms and pulled her into the kiss.

#fade out#

Some time later...

Tatsu and Kiry walked back into the main room of the safehouse, both bruised and sweaty.
"You shower first if you wish, I shall put the equipment back," he says motioning with the cup and spatulas to the kitchen area. Though he acts like nothing had happened infront of the others, there was a new light in his eyes. Inside, he wasn't sure how to handle what had developed between him and Kiry. It went against his upbringing and yet he was so drawn to this woman. Attachments were dangerous for any warrior, but a warrior without attachments was a warrior without purpose. If one cared for no-one, then who was there to fight for? Oneself? Tatsu had been raised to serve, forged as a weapon, destined to be that weapon. A weapon without a cause to fight for, without a wielder, was useless. Dangerous even.
But he did have something to fight for: his homeworld. How he longed to see it again. To see it free.
But he had gained a new purpose...as guardian for this group of freedom fighters...and particularly Kiry.
This would require many hours of meditation and even then he knew there would be no easy answers.

Ris
24 April 2005, 04:27 PM
"Sure!" Tetengo replied enthusiastically. He never got to be around or experiment with droids before. "So what do ASP and BLL's do? Can we try them out? Make them do things?" Tetengo asked.
It was great to see some enthusiasm in the kid, Kyle thought. And in a way, Kyle Tel owed his freedom to Tetengo. It was for Tetengo, not Kyle, not herself, that Dr. Kiry Noor had chosen to leave the Empire--a life that up until fairly recently, from what she'd told him, had been pretty good for her. So he was glad to spend time with Tetengo, who didn't seem too different from him at a similar age. "Well, why not? BLL is binary load lifter, which is pretty self explanatory. Both are labor type droids. I think these might be a little unusual though. Let's take a look."
(OOC: tell me what rolls I need, GM's)

*************
Kiry also kept her own counsel as they walked back, not touching, but not needing to, really. She smiled gratefully at Tatsu's offer to let her shower first. "I won't be more than a few minutes. After yours, how about joining me in the kitchen? I did promise to put together a party for Tetengo." She headed for the refresher, wondering if the others suspected.
Once in the 'fresher, Kiry realized she still had Tatsu's armband, or was it a bandage, in her hand. She smiled again as she hung the item where he would see it when he took his turn. Kiry also had a lot of thinking to do about what she and Tatsu had shared, and she started on it as she showered and dried.
It had been a long time since Kiry had any sort of "romantic" involvement. Over the years since Maryn Viers' death, she had dated off and on, sometimes seriously, but had never found someone she felt as strongly about. Until--maybe, just maybe--now. And Tatsu had promised, before they realized they were attracted, to be family to her and her son. That meant a lot to Kiry Noor. But what could she and Tatsu have, as freedom fighters? Kiry knew firsthand how quickly you could lose a loved one in wartime.
She also knew that Tatsu's background and culture had to be very different from hers. She should ask him about his life.
And how serious was that attraction between Tatsu and herself? Kiry was aware that danger--and respite from danger--was a powerful aphrodisiac. She'd seen it over and over with the TIE pilots in her wing; & strongly suspected it was behind Kyle's flirting with her. Time would tell, she reminded herself. And another thing she had learned from her affair with Maryn was to treasure whatever time you had. That Kiry would do, whatever the answers to her other questions.

Once done, Kiry returned to the common areas, motioning Tatsu over. "The 'fresher's all yours, now--and I lef the blindfold there," she said with a smile. She passed him a tube of salve she'd got from her medical kit and already applied to her own bruised arms. "Put this own those bruises afther you're dried--or will you need help?"
She greeted everyone & asked Seth & Adrame', "Is there room for another cook? And are Tetengo and Kyle still exploring?"

max ordo
24 April 2005, 07:35 PM
Jade looks at the display "Ok time to work" he takes a moment to glance around to see if anyone had noticed the Holo flare to life and the controll panel promts up for all to see. "Anyone have a clue what the password may be? Any of you have anything from Auntie that may gimme a clue, Otherwise you're all welcome to help figure this out. We get three tries before this thing goes on lockdown."


occ:will hold on actually trying a password til the others post or show interest. and anyone who want to try and help me (aid another bonus) please do. I'm guessing the DC is kinda high to crack this password

Ronin
25 April 2005, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Ris
Once done, Kiry returned to the common areas, motioning Tatsu over. "The 'fresher's all yours, now--and I lef the blindfold there," she said with a smile. She passed him a tube of salve she'd got from her medical kit and already applied to her own bruised arms. "Put this own those bruises afther you're dried--or will you need help?"
She greeted everyone & asked Seth & Adrame', "Is there room for another cook? And are Tetengo and Kyle still exploring?"

Tatsu nods to Kiry and takes a shower. Drying himself he reties the bandage around his left arm.

As he leaves the 'fresher he notices the holo and information Jade has brought up. With Kiry, Seth and Adrame in the kitchen area they can handle the party preparations...Tatsu hopes they won't have to postpone Tetengo's birthday celebrations, but he is more keen to establish contact with Alliance Command...to find out the extent of the Imperial crackdown...and to strike back.

"Troy, Adrame...any thoughts as to how Auntie might have her security set up? Or what this password could be?"

Cryptology was far from Tatsu's forte...

Ris
25 April 2005, 03:14 AM
Kiry happily began working on a cake for her son. And for the entire cell. They deserved it, taking in a stranger, an "enemy," and reuniting her at great risk with her son. She smiled brightly at Tatsu when he returned, then quickly dropped her eyes back down to the datapad readout of recipes--when she saw he was playing it casual. It disappointed her a little, but was the best way to handle it. "I hope you put those spatulas in the washer, Tatsu," she asked lightly, instead of what she wanted to say.

As Kiry mixed the batter, she heard Jade's and Tatsu's questions about "Auntie" & knew they would soon be trying again to contact their superior. I guess mine now too. The thought made Kiry quite uneasy. The doctor had no idea how the Rebel leaders would react to learning their new cell had taken in an Imperial Naval medical officer on only her word and that of a escaped prisoner who admitted to having been drugged--and then carried out an independant operation right under ISB noses. Her superiors wouldn't have tolerated such actions. And how would they debrief her? ISB & Intel wouldn't be gentle with one of her new friends if the situation were reversed. And would they question Tetengo, or try to take him elsewhere for what they thought was his own good? Kyle had claimed all along the Rebels welcooes people like her, & not even Troy seemed to think it would be an issue after she was satisfied with Kiry's story. Kiry's previously happy expression turned sad and worried, as she worked. "What will Aunt & the Alliance say when they find out about us? What will they do?" she asked softly, shivering a bit, even next to the warm range.

Ronin
25 April 2005, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by Ris
Kiry happily began working on a cake for her son. And for the entire cell. They deserved it, taking in a stranger, an "enemy," and reuniting her at great risk with her son. She smiled brightly at Tatsu when he returned, then quickly dropped her eyes back down to the datapad readout of recipes--when she saw he was playing it casual. It disappointed her a little, but was the best way to handle it. "I hope you put those spatulas in the washer, Tatsu," she asked lightly, instead of what she wanted to say.

"Yes mum," Tatsu says, then looks across to her and smiles.


"What will Aunt & the Alliance say when they find out about us? What will they do?" she asked softly, shivering a bit, even next to the warm range.

"You possess vital information about the Empire on this planet. You are also a medical specialist and a key member of this cell. That is what I will tell Aunty," he tells her with a confident voice. He could see that she was worried.

The group had been through a lot and things were just getting started.....he wasn't going to let things fall apart now, no matter what Command said.

Dr_Worm
27 April 2005, 02:29 PM
Troy sat on the roof and watched the sunset over the city's buildings. The bright glare of low evening sun often bothered her eyes, so she was glad to see the dark purples and blues of sunset. The section of city they were in was not particularly attractive, but moments like sunset brought beauty to even this blighted place. After frustrating with the two spicers, and not wanting to interrrupt the "training session", she made her way up to the roof of the safehouse with her pack and Rifle.

She sat and gazed off at the layers of smog induced colors on the horizon. Before she even knew she was doing it she was pulling a battered leather book out of her pack and setting it on her lap. She did not open it, though. She had long since memorized the conetents and the truncated but elegant script still brough back saddness and loss. She simply placed it on her lap and covered it with her hands.

Out loud, but to no one in particular she said "You were a predator, Savan, but you will killed in a cowardly way, by cowardly humans. May ever find honorable pray in the next life, if there is one."

Troy was not a religious person, but felt somewhere deep that there had to be something beyond this life of loss and pain. She knew that a peacful mind and soul made her body work better, and her thoughts clearer. To her knowledge no biologist had even successfully explained a physical presence of the "soul" but she could feel it there none the less. She had heard people casually mention the force since she had joined the rebellion, but magic was a bit too far afield for her. No...something in her begged to aknowledge a higher power; something that had sentience and presence, not some nebulus magic force. Something that could take responsibility and provide a reason for the horrors of this life.

"Gah!" Troy berated herself, "that is enough deep thought soldier. You have a job to do, and wandering eye will never see what is close to her."

She folded out the bedroll, and insulated blanket, and made herself comfortable. The cool evening breeze started to rise a bit, but the survival rated gear kept her perfectly comfortable. She settled in, and as the night fell around her she kept her keen eyes peeled for any one too curious about the warehouse. Controling her breathing she dropped herself in to what she had learned as "Lak'kiet Shmi" or "Vigilant Sleep". As her breathing slowed her body rested, but her eyes remained passivly scanning, and she could hear all the small night noises that she usually filtered out. It was not as good as sleep, but better than not; and it had served to protect her in the field more than a few times.

Rostek
28 April 2005, 11:28 AM
Eronn, having finished his check of the luggage, moves over to Jaedo (who seems to be having a modicum of success with the strange devices that were sitting about).
"What are you doing?" he asks in an inquisitive manner, curious to see what the mechanic makes of these devices.


[OOC: 1,000th Post, baby!]

max ordo
28 April 2005, 12:04 PM
"What are you doing?" he asks in an inquisitive manner, curious to see what the mechanic makes of these devices.

"Well it looks like this box is somesort of communication device that hooks in to the holoprojector here" Jade points at the video ports "And I'm thinkin that the secure line protocols its says are available will allow me to make a connection that can put us in contact with Auntie. Give us all a chance to see what our next step is gonna be. I just need to figure out the password. Any suggestions?"

Rostek
28 April 2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by max ordo


"Well it looks like this box is somesort of communication device that hooks in to the holoprojector here" Jade points at the video ports "And I'm thinkin that the secure line protocols its says are available will allow me to make a connection that can put us in contact with Auntie. Give us all a chance to see what our next step is gonna be. I just need to figure out the password. Any suggestions?"

Eronn shrugged- "Sorry- before you, the kid and our two spicehounds showed up, I was the new guy. I'd recommend Tatsu or Troy for suggestions, though- they knew more about Auntie than I ever did. Hell- I'm just a temporary SpecOps field observer, I just got on planet when this crap started." Eronn said, sighing.

"Tell you what though- If you want to try bypassing all that password business, I can give you a hand- I cracked the damn database earlier today."

[Aid another, Computer Use]

Ronin
28 April 2005, 07:58 PM
At Eronn's suggestion that Jade ask him for help contacting Auntie, Tatsu holds up his hands; "I fear I may not be of much help...I was not the leader of my cell therefore I was never in contact directly with Alliance Command...and code-breaking is not my forte. Perhaps we should call Troy down from her rooftop vigil..."

Ris
29 April 2005, 03:03 AM
"Yes, Mum."
Kiry smiles back.


"You possess vital information about the Empire on this planet. You are also a medical specialist and a key member of this cell. That is what I will tell Aunty,"
"Thank you," she murmurs, just as softly as before. It eases her mind a little, but she is still worried, recalling Troy's words before she was convinced. She also realizes one reason why Tatsu might wish to keep what they have shared so quiet. If his superiors realize how enarmored he is with the defector, they will assume his judgment is affected--or even that she is a plant, leading him on in the most effective way in order to infiltrate.
well, I do have information--I will start getting it together tomorrow. It's needed. Much as Kiry finds it distasteful, she will spend whatever time she has before they arrange a meeting, putting down whatever she can recall about her time on Ralltiir. Perhaps Tatsu or Troy will help her sort it out. Kyle would, too. But for a few hours, she'll immerse herself in just being a mother.

Kiry puts her cake layers in the oven & washes her hands, then resumes listening to the talk. "You can ask Kyle. But I do not think he has the codes you need. From what he told me, his were low'level for the most part. And we have tried them to get in contact with one member--the one who helped me and Kyle--but she doesn't reply. I hope it is just the codes have been cancelled. But still he might be able to help. Now where did those 2 snub-happy boys get off to?" she asked, refering to Kyle and Tetengo. "Model building? Exploring?"

max ordo
29 April 2005, 11:54 PM
Staring at the screen and the password promt Jade tries to come up with a logical guess on the password It can't be too difficult. This stuff was all left here for a reason, to be used in an emergency. This is an emergency. Ok think Jade, think "Ok whats the darn password......someting simple if you are associated with her.....what has her name again" he is mumbleing this , kinda thinking outloud. All of a sudden he looks at Aerex and Randly "What was aunties name?...either of you remember?" The two slackers look at each otherand start sounding out names "was it irma, or emma""no dumbass is was irene...no ilene" the two go back and forth a moment when Jade suddenly remembers a typed holomessage he'd received detailing an assignment he had gotten. What did the signature say.......Love Always Dear....Aunt Irnau "Irnau...thats it" and his fingers fly over the keypad punching in what he is guessing the password is. "Hope this works" he mumbles.



occ:jade will try this one phrase aunt irnau as a password. if right yipee. if not still 2 remaining tries. well here goes nothing

Vanger Chevane
4 May 2005, 02:12 PM
The Holotank flashes, then displays a star-studded view of space behind the words "Please wait as we connect your call", below that is the Novacom Logo.


Read X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble lately? ;)

Ronin
4 May 2005, 07:19 PM
Noticing the holocom's display, Tatsu calls everyone's attention to it; Aunty's surely going to want to know which of her nieces and nephews made it to the family reunion.
He bows to Jade; "my congratulations on your success."
"Gentlebeings, Jade seems to have succeeded in making contact with Aunty, I think it best we're all here for the reunion..."

He pulls out his commlink and selects the channel for Troy; "Stickboy to Stargazer," he says, recalling the callsign he gave her earlier; "we have established contact with Aunty. Do you wish to attend the reunion in person?"

He then switches to Kyle's channel, not entirely keen to talk to the man; "Stickboy to Jock. We have established contact with Aunty. You might wish to attend the reunion. Set the droids for sentry duty if you can."

Putting his commlink away he looks up to notice Kiry looking nervous. Walking over to her he wonders if he should put his arm around her or say something...but settles for standing close behind and to her left, his chest touching her shoulder.

Rostek
4 May 2005, 07:41 PM
As Eronn offers his assistance, it seems that the mechanic was already off on a thought of his own.
Our Aunt's name? How perversely simple that would be... he thought as Jaedo entered it into the password window.

The SpecOps man was shocked when the screen changed to what appeared to be a Holonet Comm window. He was even more shocked when he saw the contents of the screen...
Novacom- that's not possible... They can't be providing service for this, they don't even exist anymore! he thought.
Still, the screen said that they were, in fact, providing service.
"I'll be damned..." Eronn said as Tatsu rallied the group around the Holotank. Turning to Tatsu, Eronn spoke- expression full of disbelief:
"This shouldn't be even possible- Novacom was the bigtime Holonet provider on Alderaan... I sent most of my calls home through them when I went to university there. They- they can't be in operation anymore, all their corporate offices and all the primary stockholders- the Sel... something... Celchus, that's it- were on-planet at the time of Alderaan's destruction. Sure... they had some equipment on Delaya and recievers in some parts of the Core, but they would have been absorbed when Palpatine militarized the Holonet." he paused, then grinned wanly- "I imagine this should be a rather interesting call."


EDIT: Why, yes, I read it a few weeks ago B)

Ris
5 May 2005, 10:47 AM
"Stickboy to Jock. We have established contact with Aunty. You might wish to attend the reunion. Set the droids for sentry duty if you can."
"Stickboy, Jock 1. Me & my new wing copy." He gave the boy a wink. Tetengo reminded Kyle of his kid brother, but he hadn't thought of Jace in years. As he'd told Kiry Noor in passing, Jace had been a "late bloomer." But he hadn't lived much past his 14th birthday. Jace's death hadn't been the Empire's fault, just an accident. Then there'd been only Kyle & his twin Guay. The pilot shook off the mood. "Good news for a change--Jock 2 & I will be up in a second."
(OOC: up to the GM's whether the 2 can do anything with the droids.)

****
Upstairs, Tetengo's mother smiled at the callsign Kyle had given her son. But the smile faded. She hoped Kyle would't be hurt by what had happened between her & Tatsu. She was fond of the bald snubjock & realized there had been some potential for a relationship--at least on the man's part. A bond had been formed by their shared experiences, even if it wasn't the kind that Kyle Tel wanted--or thought he did. At any rate she was glad he seemed to care for Tetengo as well.
Knowing the oven would take care of the cake, even cooling it properly, Kiry moved into the living area, but let the others move close to the holo-tank. The Doc stayed in the background, still very uncertain of her reception by any Rebels outside this cell. Lost in her concerns, she was startled by something touching her shoulder. Looking up and back, she saw Tatsu, and gave him what she hoped was a brave smile.
Kiry relaxed just a little, leaning against him, taking comfort in the touch. Her hand reached back, seeking his.

Dr_Worm
5 May 2005, 03:42 PM
Troy grabbed her gear and slipped quietly to the roof access door. When she stpped in to main room she was not surprised to see the others gathering exitedly.

"Jade, was it?" Troy said placing a congradulatory hand on his shoulder, "I'm impressed, and the others here can already tell you that is quite a feat."

"It would not be the first time our family used corporate resources to help them. I suspect those old outposts are being pretty secretly gaurded and used in a pinch. A.U.N.T.'s are pretty resourceful, as they operate with an ammount of independance unheard of in most military organizations. Eronn, my concern is that we have four unsecured individuals here, and that may not be wise. Doc, no offense as I am sure that you will officially join the family very soon, but op security is critical. We will probably be able to relay 100 percent of the info to you, but until we are sure we should keep it family core."

Looking around at the two loosers she twitched her lekku at them, "These two on the other hand may never know what gets communicated."

Ris
5 May 2005, 06:00 PM
Doc, no offense as I am sure that you will officially join the family very soon, but op security is critical. We will probably be able to relay 100 percent of the info to you, but until we are sure we should keep it family core."
Kiry looked over at the Twi'lek, not sure whether she was relieved or hurt. "I will be in my room. Would one of you send Tetengo to me when he gets up here, please? I need to talk with him anyway, about all of this--and I should do so soon."
Once inside the small room, Kiry flopped on the bed. Trying to relax, and figure out exactly what and how to tell Tetengo.

Ronin
5 May 2005, 06:18 PM
Tatsu felt Kiry reaching for him, so he took her hand and squeezed it lightly. Do not worry. I am here. Everything will be fine.

He was glad that Troy had rejoined them, since he wasn't quite sure what to expect from this "Aunty" person. He found himself thinking defensively...perhaps because of Kiry...
taking a deep breath he let it out, calming his spirit.

He gave Kiry's hand a last squeeze as she headed toward her room.

Then, looking toward the two glitbiters he strode across to one of the other bedrooms, as far from the holocomm as possible. Opening the door, he bowed and gestured to the room, "Gentlemen, your suite is ready."

Vanger Chevane
6 May 2005, 03:37 PM
While you're all plotting and planning, the "Please Wait" message changes to "Connecting" and the R2 lens rotates in a single circle. Randyl elbows Aerex then eyes the lens as it turns. Aerex looks and says "Yo, is it sposed to do that?".



After a few moments, the holotank switches to a Devaronian holding a datapad & stylus "sitting" on the couch opposite the group.

http://www.rt-ma.org/SWchar/RG2/images/Irnau.jpg

With a frustrated look on her face, she points the stylus at Aerex & Randyl "Why haven't you two Lumbuckets gotten that camera where I asked you to yet?" Aerex responds "Me & Lightbyte were bout to, but Moff Ram-me-hard locked the town up tighter than a Sullustan..." at which point Randyl elbows him sharply in the ribs, cutting him off. Randyl then very calmly says "We did manage to attach a Remote to a ship flying close by, and managed to get the one shot before..." and both of them squirm a little. "Before what?" Aerex blurts out angrily "Something frakking ate it. Yer not gonna cut our Allowance cuz the beasties round here are so Sithing dense that they think a remote looks yummy!" His expression changes to one of little-kid forced innocence & his voice a plea "Are ya?"

She sighs deeply then turns here attention to Jadeo, and compassionately coos "Poor thing, did they hit your group too?"

After getting Jaedo's reply she turn to Erronn and with a much more businesslike manner: "Care to explain all this & where Jobath is?"

Ris
6 May 2005, 06:14 PM
(Tatsu) gave Kiry's hand a last squeeze as she headed toward her room...the "Please Wait" message changes to "Connecting" and the R2 lens rotates in a single circle.
At the stir around the holo-tank, Kiry glanced back as she palmed her door & saw the dainty Devaronian's holo appear over the couch. Kiry mouthed "Thank you," to Tatsu and reluctantly slipped her hand out of his. It was sweaty from her unease. With another shy smile for the man, she slipped inside & closed the door, curling up on her bed to clear her mind.

*********
Meanwhile Kyle & Tetengo, to the boy's obvious disappointment, had no luck turning the droids on, much less activating a security routine. They probably spent more time than they should on it, because Tetengo really wanted to work with them. So they didn't get back upstairs until Erron was about finished with his report.

OOC: lack of sucess with droids and timing of Kyle & Tetengo's return were suggested by Vanger.

Ronin
7 May 2005, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
With a frustrated look on her face, she points the stylus at Aerex & Randyl "Why haven't you two Lumbuckets gotten that camera where I asked you to yet?"

Tatsu shrugs and closes the bedroom door since it seems the pair do have an invitation.

Studying the image of the Devaronian Tatsu is somewhat puzzled...he's never seen one before. At first he thought it was a Bothan...but no...this creature, this person, was different. Tatsu took it all in. She appeared to be humanoid. This probably meant the usual physiological weak points. As far as he knew she was a friend, but still he saw everything as an opportunity to learn.

Listening to her talk to the glitbiters, Jade and then Eronn, her attitude to each seemed different. She promised to be a slippery boss...the kind that didn't tell you everything, just what you needed to know.
Tatsu's spirit was wary.

Ris
10 May 2005, 06:22 PM
OOC: This is being posted at Ronin's request. Rissy

As Eronn gathers his thoughts, Tatsu steps forward. He bows before the holo-image of the Devaronian and begins...
"My name is Tatsumaru Yuurei. I was one of the four-member Alliance cell lead by Seera."
Just to mention her name reminds him of that last commcall. Her final words were to warn him. And then they killed her.
"Yesterday morning I received a commcall from my cell leader whilst I was training in the forests outside the city. The cell was clearly under attack. Seera warned me that we had been betrayed. The call was then cut and I observed a fireball in the city in the viscinity of my safehouse."
"Returning to the city I carefully approached the area, observing what we presume to be the final stages of the Imperial crackdown, and the innitiation of Martial Law in the city."
"Near the site I encountered the Falleen: Savan. He had retrieved a soft toy from the debris, which contained information apparently from yourself, directing us here.""Upon arrival we met Troy and Seth," he reports, motioning to the other Rebels, " and then Adrame."
"After gaining entry to this facility," he continues, feeling no need to report the initial tension between members, "we were joined by Eronn and Kyle Tel. Kyle had been captured by the Empire and, with the aid of a defector, engineered his escape. Unfortunately this, as you may already know, was staged as a hostage-taking...and was filmed."
"Tel's escape was aided by Doctor Kiry Noor. The good doctor is currently resting in an adjacent room. We thought it best that only 'family' attend this reunion, though she has proved her determination to leave the Empire. I, we, consider her a full member of the family."

He hoped he wasn't pushing it too much.

"Doctor Noor is a single mother and expressed to us concern over the well being of her child and the possibility of the Empire taking action against her son...so, posing as an Imperial specserv detail, we extracted him from the school this morning."

"During the operation we became separated from Savan. Later we learned that he had been captured...and died trying to escape. His attempted escape appeared to coincide with an attack by possible Alliance members on the Imperial vehicle he was a captive aboard."

"On our way back to this facility we encountered the two individuals sat behind me, and Jade."

"That concludes my report," he says with a bow.

Straightening, he studies the Dev's eyes, searching them for a reaction.

max ordo
11 May 2005, 12:17 AM
She sighs deeply then turns here attention to Jadeo, and compassionately coos "Poor thing, did they hit your group too?"

The mechanic looks at the ground at this and shakes his head. "I told you that why I worked alone. I never wanted to be placed with that cell because I had a bad feeling about it. The only reason I wasn't killed when everything went down was because I'd worked it out with the cell leader to be on my own and only check in every so often to see if they needed me. Or else to send Aerex and Randyl to me since they were loosely affiliated the cell" then looking back at Aerex "You know if you needed help you coulda come at me with it. I have a knack for anything tech" back to Aunty "Then I met up with this little outfit and came with them since I really didn't have any instructions for what to do in a situation like this and they sounded like they were gonna be leaving this rock. I am all for that and getting reassigned." he sits and waits for everyone else to report taking it all in.

Rostek
12 May 2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
After getting Jaedo's reply she turn to Erronn and with a much more businesslike manner: "Care to explain all this & where Jobath is?"

"Uhhhhh...." Eronn says, trying to figure out precisely what the "Aunt" wished to know.
"I have no idea who you're speaking of, though I would be happy to explain what has happened since I made planet fall." he said- after her response- if any- Eronn continues:

"After I entered the planet, there was a crackdown of intermediate size that blossomed into a full-on putdown as several target cells resisted. The entirety of the master cell of this city are confirmed killed or missing in the last assassination attempt upon the Moff. I escaped and made my way to the assigned extraction point, only to find that a Class 3 planetary quarentine is in place and what I expect is a full blockade has manuvered into high orbit. I spent the night in a dumpster by the port, changed clothes and made my way here, were I found several survivors of the city cells, Alliance military and intelligence personnel and an escaped-slash-captured Imperial Security physician.
At some point over the next half day, we were forced to initiate a snatch-and-run mission for the doctors son, who was on schedule to be picked up by the ISB.
We impersonated Imperial personnel and managed to spirit the boy away a few minutes before the real ISB team was to show up." Eronn paused to let this sink in, then continued:
"At that point, we split up- as one of the cell survivors had failed to check in. I assumed at the time that he was held up in the Imperial roadblocks and was simply late- or that he had been held up and captured. As Mr. Yuurei noted, the latter was the case. Mr. Savan was killed in a botched escape- or rescue- attempt. We managed to secure the rest of our gear despite his capture, and after thoroughly searching for surveillance, we returned to base. Another element of our team, a native of the planet, attempted to contact her parents and requisition more supplies for us. Her parents were nowhere to be found, so I am told. That said, there is no evidence to support a hypothesis as to their whereabouts or current status.
During our stop to search Mr. Savan's abandoned vehicle, we encountered these three gentlemen-" he indicated Jaedo and the two narcheads- "who you seem to be familiar with. They made clear their affiliation, and after a period of confirmation, we took them with us.
Previously, I had completed my directive and was waiting for the extraction when the crackdown began. The members of the head cell decided that... extreme operational methods were in order, and while I cautioned them against that course of action, they decided to strike at the Moff's ground convoy. As I noted earlier- there were no survivors among them as far as I am aware.
As far as I can determine, these are the only survivors of the Alliance Intelligence operation in this city that are still operationally active.
I have no clear evidence regarding those persons portrayed in the attempted escape of Savan, and would prefer not to speculate on their motivations and identities." Eronn finished with a sigh.

Dr_Worm
12 May 2005, 04:31 PM
"Sir, I have a bit less to report than the others."Troy said, taking her cue from the others, "Infiltration specialist Troykaw’yrim, Sir. I never saw more than one other member of my cell at the safe house at a time, since we were often out collecting intel. I am not even sure if I ever met them all. So it was not all that troubling when I had not seen any other cell-mates for a couple days. When the news reports started streaming, though, I thought it best if I went to ground. I cannot be sure if my cell-mates are captured, killed, or are also in hiding. I transmitted my last intel survey 48 hours before I went to ground, and have nothing more to add to the assesment of our current situation that the others have not already mentioned."

Vanger Chevane
17 May 2005, 03:30 PM
Sorry this took so long, but most of it I've had to develop on my own from Terras & I sketching things out. Sorry if I took too much of a liberty there Wyld, just wanted to include you. Mission One will be given to you shortly, I promise.

And so...


The Holocam Eye shifts slightly as Kyle & Tetengo arrive & stand at the back of the group, Irnau's eyes flicker for a moment across the late arrivals, then consults her datapad momentarily. As Tetengo sidles around the edge of the group toward the opening in the "entertainment area", watching the Holotank with a look of curious fascination, Irnau's datapad beeps, and she looks up at Kyle, with clear concern.

"Lieutenant, you don't look too well." Kyle gives a slightly shaky grin "Fit to Fly, Ma'am." "I hate to ask this, but I'll need as much as you can put down on your recent experiences." A wince momentarily crosses Kyle's face, erasing the grin. "Will do, I'll have that Datacard for you ASAP." She looks over to where Eronn and Tatsu are "I'll also need the same from your Doctor."

Suddenly Tetengo bursts out "Wow! it's projecting an accurate image of the opposing couch so that it <i>really</i> looks like she's sitting here..." His face suddenly turns from amazed to sheepish as he realizes everyone staring at him "...from the right angle." Irnau turns, as does the cam and coos "Such a handsome lad."

Kyle motions for "his wingman" to come back to the group, the cam turns to face everyone again. "She could've had the whole place digitized anytime before we got here." "Negative, One. See the scrap on the back from the other couch, included in the projection?" This draws and amused grin from Irnau "Sharp too." Kyle leans forward & to the side a bit, then back a few times. "Good eye, Two."

At this point Seth speaks up about the nerf-wool scrap "We, ah, needed wigs and improvised rather than risk going out and buying them." Irnau nods & says approvingly "Understood." She looks off the the side, then turns for a moment listening to someone out of camera-width her eyes widening a bit. Then she turns back and cheerfully (albeit a bit forced) "Standby for a moment would you, dears? I have to check on something, and I'd like a chat with the Doctor."

She smiles, then taps the stylus against the datapad, returning the holotank to the Novacom Logo. Tetengo, still fascinated, says to no one in particular "Which one's she? I've never seen anyone like that before."

Ronin
18 May 2005, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
"Lieutenant, you don't look too well." Kyle gives a slightly shaky grin "Fit to Fly, Ma'am." "I hate to ask this, but I'll need as much as you can put down on your recent experiences." A wince momentarily crosses Kyle's face, erasing the grin. "Will do, I'll have that Datacard for you ASAP." She looks over to where Eronn and Tatsu are "I'll also need the same from your Doctor."


Tatsu nods and draws his commlink from his belt, keying it to Kiry's frequency, "Stickboy to Doc', Auntie wants to see her new niece."

No answer.

He frowns as Auntie continues talking. Kiry had been under a lot of pressure recently...
bowing quickly, he strode across to Kiry's room, trying not to seem like he was overly concerned. Knocking, there was no response.

Tatsu eased the door open a bit. The bedroom was dark, and quiet. He couldn't hear any breathing...

He slipped into the room, closing the door behind him and carefully approached the bed. As his eyes adjusted to the light he could makeout the prone form of Kiry lying under the covers, the sheets pulled over her head. That explained why he didn't hear any breathing.
Her commlink was on the bedside table.
He gently pulled back the sheets to reveal her face. She was okay. He took a moment to admire her face. He had heard that some cultures said one can see a person's true self only in their sleeping face. Clearly those cultures hadn't grown up in a small, cramped, drafty room with a dozen other disciples...who tossed and turned, talked and drooled in their sleep.
He could see the movement of her eyes under her lids...he wondered what she was dreaming about...him? He stifled a laugh at himself and looked at her again.
At the back of his head it occurred to him that he was glad that she didn't snore.
Leaning over the bed he gently kissed her.

Ronin
21 May 2005, 06:03 AM
Almost as soon as her head hit the pillow, sleep took Keiranne Noor. All the stress of the day and the relief at having her son back safe and sound. She knew that they were safe now, relatively speaking, and Kyle had clearly taken Tetengo under his wing. And Tatsu...
She was concerned about what was taking place in the next room...some Rebel officer she'd never met, and she wasn't sure she could trust, seemingly had Kiry's fate in her hands. Even with all this spinning around in her mind, or perhaps because of it, she succumbed to slumber quickly.

She opened her eyes to find herself back in her clinic in Special Support Projects...with the beaten and drugged Kyle on the operating table before her. That first day they had met. She saw the face of her boss telling her to patch up the prisoner.
She saw her boss' face crease into a wicked smile the next day when she had asked how Kyle had recieved new injuries...
Take a guess, Doc
The image faded into white light...

Then she lay on a bed, in a brilliantly white, clean room. As things came into focus she could see a 2-1B off in the corner, but stood to her left was the towering, strong, comforting figure of Col. Teton Noor. Her father. In his big, powerful hands he held a small blanket-wrapped form.
Say hello to my grandson, daughter
She smiled uncontrollably as she took the as-yet-unnamed Tetengo from her father. Tears began to fall down her face, and in the haze of tears she thought she saw another in the room...a youth clad in a black flight suit. A man. A man whom she had loved.
Maryn Vier.
Say hello to our son, she said to the ghost.

As she closed her eyes to wipe away the tears she felt his lips against hers. She knew she was dreaming, but she didn't want it to end. She wanted to kiss Maryn one last time.

She awoke in darkness, Tatsu leaning over her. She had recognised his scent even before she had opened her eyes. It was welcoming, comforting.

"Like I said last time we were in here," he said, touching her lips gently with his fingertip and smiling, "I thought those muscles could do with some exercise."

She smiled back, "has my fate been decided?" trying to keep the tone light, but her heart began to race.

Tatsu tilted his head; "well, they were not erecting gallows when I left the room... Aunty wishes to talk with you. She seems reasonable, though I have not dealt with Devaronians before. Are you ready?"

Kiry gave him a silent nod. Only then did she realise that she'd slept in her clothes. She ran her fingers through her hair and wondered how she looked, then realised that Rebel officers probably cared less about dress regulations than Imperial ones.
She took a deep breath, turned to Tatsu stood by the door and gave him a more confident nod.
Tatsu smiled, and bowed as he opened the door for her.

As she stepped out into the safehouse's main room her eyes immediately went to Tetengo, stood by Kyle. She then noticed the other rebels assembled in the room and the holo image of the female Devaronian.
There was a look in Kyle's eyes as Tatsu exited the room behind her. She dismissed it for later. There were more important things at hand.

Standing before the holo she snapped to attention.
"Doctor Keiranne Noor."

Vanger Chevane
25 May 2005, 07:25 PM
The logo fades back to Irnau's image. "Ah, good to see you Doctor. Have a seat."

"Hey sweets, there's room over here by us." (Aerex gives Randyl a shove to make him scoot over and leave room for the Doctor) "Let her sit down, numbvonks"

"Eronn, I don't much mind how this group chooses to organize itself. As Ranking Officer whether you Lead, Liase, or Advise, I need you to handle all the Bureaucratic Details that could cause problems. As soon as is reasonable, I'd like to get some sort of chain-of-command from you. We need to get the Doctor and her charges debriefed and taken care of as soon as we can. I'll coordinate with you to achieve this objective."

"Troy, I'm counting on your & Eronn's expertise to keep these people alive, and get the job done. I'm certain you'll turn in your usual excellence in that regard. Gentlebeings, I strongly suggest you listen to Troy, she's been through quite a bit and her experience will serve you well."

"Mister Garren has made his way here from Coruscant with a minimum of difficulty and involvement from us. His ability to get through and around the Imperial System will be quite useful."

"Miss Morituri is an able pilot, among other things."

"Jaedo, I need you as part of this team. This box (the eye dips down then back up in an attempt to indicate itself) is extremely important and will let you stay in touch with me wherever you go. Do not let the Imps get their hands on it. I'll be sure you get schematics and some Command Codes for it as soon as I can. If someone attempts to open it without the right codes, it will self-destruct. Depending on the settings and severity of the breach, it could go from turning the insides into a molten glob to exploding with a force roughly equivalent to that of a concussion missile." Kyle's eyes pop and he starts to slowly back away, dragging Tetengo with him.

"Lumbuckets. You boys are going to get these people whatever they need, understand?" Aerex cockily replies "Count on it." Irnau shoots him with a Don't mess with Mom look "I am. Heavily." Aerex gulps and looks nervous, while Randyl just sits there, cool & confident as can be.

"I've just received some data that we need to act on, and unfortunately you're the only ones I know of that stand a reasonable chance of pulling this off." She taps a few keys on her datapad (http://www.rt-ma.org/SWchar/RG2/equipment/Card0.htm) "There's the basics. Look it over and I'll answer any questions you have after I have a chance to talk privately with the Doctor."

She waits for the rest of you to adjourn elsewhere & go over the data.

Then her expression turns very serious as she focuses on Kiry. "I'm doing my best to get you off Ralltiir and someplace safe as soon as possible, but I need to know exactly what Lieutenant Tel's condition is."

Ronin
26 May 2005, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Vanger Chevane
Then her expression turns very serious as she focuses on Kiry. "I'm doing my best to get you off Ralltiir and someplace safe as soon as possible, but I need to know exactly what Lieutenant Tel's condition is."

Tatsu stood by the doorway to Kiry's room, studying the Devaronian. At the mention of an actual mission he noticed his pace quicken...a chance to strike back, at last...then she mentioned getting Kiry off Raltiir. Tatsu's eyes immediately darted to Kiry. What would she do? She had told him that her and Tetengo would stay with him and the other Rebels, but here and now she was being offered a ticket off planet by this Rebel officer...

He knew he would have to join the others in planning the mission, but he also knew that he wouldn't be able to concentrate fully...
"Seth, can you project those maps up nice and big over here?" he says, drawing the other rebels away from Kiry and the Dev's conversation.
"The sooner we get to work on this..."
He hoped that having an actual mission would help to focus the group, give them purpose and cohesion.
After a deep breath he looked to each of the assembed rebels, ending with Troy; "So.....what is your assessment?"
If Auntie could be trusted, the group would do well to rely on Troy's insight. Though Tatsu and her had seen less than eye to eye innitially, he had faith in her abilities...and her fighting spirit.

darth_wyld
26 May 2005, 01:05 PM
"Mister Garren has made his way here from Coruscant with a minimum of difficulty and involvement from us. His ability to get through and around the Imperial System will be quite useful."

Wow! That's the proof! I'm not just here for the comic relief. Very satisfying since this role isn't uncontested at all...
Seth thought with a grin while glancing towards Aerex, Randyl and Kyle.


"Seth, can you project those maps up nice and big over here?"

"Magnifier is my middle name so... just a second!"

Dr_Worm
27 May 2005, 06:02 PM
Troy siddled up to Tatsu and whispered in his ear, "Tatsu, I need your mind here."

Stepping back she addressed the whole group, "Okay, as I see it Tatsu knows the nature craft as well as I, so he and I will be point. For those that don't know point uses stealth and observation to clear a safe path for the rest of the team. If you we are seperated in to two groups, for any reason, your point is your lead. You move when they tell you to move, and not before."

"The rest...Anyone who can fire a weapon should be in one team or another. Hopefully we can do this without shots fired, but you can never be too careful. As for the doc, and our more intelligent and technical minded companions, we will set up a ops center that has a line of site with the target. You will remain there with an armed individual, probably Kyle. If there is a problem you will leave...NO QUESTIONS ASKED. If we are in trouble, you busting in will only make things worse. Any hint of trouble and you jet."

Troy took a few moments to look at the magnified images. "Well, I must say I like what I see. This instalation is in a valley, and that bodes well for observation. The only thing that worries me is if there are bright Imps there, they will be ready for that. Now we can see that some reconb individual was able to get to this point [pointing to an estimate of the perpective of the observer], so we can probably make that point. The elevations are difficult to judge, but I think that it should be a short jog down slope. I like this hill on the south side of the road for the Ops center. We can station it on the back of the hill, and mount camoflaged cameras on the front of the hill. That should keep the ops center out of LOS, but give our support staff a good view of the action."

"The operation itself should be monitored by head cams, subdermal mics, and tap-pads for silent communications. Night site for most of you will be critical as well. Snake cams for looking around corners would be helpfull as well."

Troy looked over at the two loosers and said, "You boys getting this all down, or should I speak slower?"

"We can compile more supplies as we plan, that is just off the top of my head; and I have no clue as to what our brain team will need."

"As for the opp itself, I have often found that the best units were open units. Toss out ideas...any idea. No matter how lame, I can filter them through my experience." Troy winked at Kyle, "Even thrust jocks might have a good idea or two about a land op."

"My initial thought is to triangulate using two small teams and the opcenter at the apex. Seth could you please mark the areas I indicate."

click for image:Troy's Plan (http://www.rt-ma.org/SWchar/RG2/images/troys_plan.gif )

"So we have the ops center here in violet, it needs to have line of site to both teams, so we put one here on the north hillside as blue team, and one south of the road as green team. Now blue team would have a good vantage from where it is, so Green should listen to them. Green team will be the primary infiltration unit, with blue comming in as flank. Violet one should have a good view of the loading area, as well as vehicle movement, so they should be able to guide us as we go in."

Troy looked at the images a moment in silence, "I'll be honest with you, my first thought when I saw this fenced area was of a holding camp. I am holding back judgement until we survail the area, but if that is the case we will need the force with us. But let's not jump to judgement just yet."

Turning back to the room Troy said, "Anyone else have any suggestions?"