PDA

View Full Version : PHP/mySQL Developers Needed

Nealos
16 December 2004, 11:03 PM
Hello,

Starwars-rpg.net is gearing up for it's next era. It is seeking to re-establish itself as the premier online destination for the online SWRPG community.

We are seeking talented, driven PHP/mySQL developers who are willing to donate their time and work in concert with other developers to produce several specific functionality systems that will be integrated into the new Web site.

The functionality we are seeking to add requires developers with the ability to develop dynamic, database-driven applications. These elements will be developed while Starwars-rpg.net is being re-designed; once finished, functional elements will be integrated and the new site will launch.

If you are interested in donating your time and energy to revitalizing Starwars-rpg.net and fit the profile described above, please reply to this thread describing your background and to what level you are willing to participate.

Thanks for your time,

Deano
19 December 2004, 07:53 AM
Nealos,

It's strange how things seem to coincide with each other. I've recently been on an ASP course and I'm due to go on a SQL course in the New Year. I was thinking that I would do a design on TORIS and use ASP and SQL. So it may be that I'll be able to help out, admittedly I'm no expert but I can help.

Deano

Nealos
19 December 2004, 06:06 PM
Hi Deano,

Thanks much for your offer. Do you have experience in PHP? I'm needing that specifically because that's what the site is currently written in and I'd like to avoid changing that. Let me know what you think.

Also, to anyone else willing to pitch in a little time to make a big difference (you'd have the thanks of many fans!), please post here as well.

Thanks so much,

Darth_Cassed
19 December 2004, 08:12 PM
Well I was a Web Editor for the OJ earlier, and I know very little PHP myself, and all that SQL database jibberish....

I guess I can help if you really need it, though my skills are limited in such respects.

Tao
22 December 2004, 10:05 AM
as i said over on the web design page... im good for some help. i dont have a ton of experience, nor a ton of time, but i can lend an occasional hand.

Deano
22 December 2004, 10:36 AM
Nealos,

I'm afraid that I don't currently know any PHP. I hear it is similar to ASP, but obviously diffent. <Shrug> I can try help but if PHP is the way then it'd be best if we got someone who knows it. What about Chris Curtis???

Deano

Chris Curtis
26 December 2004, 07:30 AM
Sorry, guys... I do fit the description in that I know PHP, MySQL, etc. Unfortunately, there's no way I have time to commit to something like this. In addition to just my normal work and life I really am trying to work on getting Servais Sector back up as well as a forthcoming revamp of my personal site.

So, I'm afraid I must un-volunteer myself for this one. [grin]

Nealos
29 December 2004, 11:23 PM
It's all good. By hook or by crook I shall find the resources needed to bring this puppy alive again, and soon!

Thanks,

Nealos
23 October 2005, 09:17 PM
I need someone who can build a form for people to register themselves and create a login/password. This will of course need to save to a database (we are using PHP/mySQL).

I then need a portion of the site separated from public area and have it require a login/password from said registered users.

Any takers?