PDA

View Full Version : Identity of this Duelist?

Corr Terek
28 December 2004, 08:19 AM
I received the Star Wars Trilogy on DVD for this Christmas, and I was watching some of the features on the bonus DVD. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but a small clip in the Darth Vader documentary shows Hayden Christiansen fighting against a staff-wielding opponent. I didn't get to see who the actor/actress was -- his/her face may have been away from the camera and I've only seen the documentary once.

But yeah, I am curious about the identity of the staff-wielder. TheForce.net's "Just The Facts" doesn't say anything about this, except that Nick Gillard(sp?) hinted that we'd see a double-bladed saber in Episode 3.

So, what do you think? I'd say it's Sidious he's dueling, but so far we haven't heard anything of that nature, and Dooku is using his unique bent-hilt lightsaber, so it's not him. General Grievous, maybe? Or Asajj? Or maybe one of the two Jedi that Anakin supposedly kills?

JediMoonkea
28 December 2004, 10:11 AM
Because it was a stick and not a Lightsaber I first thought it was a stunt man filling in for one of Grevious' arms, but I have no idea whether Anakin fights General Grevious or not.

If it was a double bladed saber, why didn't that have Mauls prop from Episode 1?

Questions questions. The only way we've find out is if we commit those moves to memory and watch Ep3 with eagle eyes.

Master Dao Rin
30 December 2004, 03:55 PM
The "stick" wielding warriors are a new droid guard that protect Grevious from Jedi problems ... if I'm not mistaken. These "Magna-guards" or something like that carry electro-staffs ( or something like that ) that can block lightsabers.

I great picture of them is in the official high resolution pic of Grevious flanked by two of them when he is on the bridge of a ship in the Battle of Coruscant at the beginning of the movie. Check out his databank entry on the official site:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/generalgrievous/index.html

and click on the picture of him.

Corr Terek
30 December 2004, 04:15 PM
Ah, that makes sense

Ronin
30 December 2004, 07:46 PM
Firstly, I don't think the console games hold much weight, but in the trailer for Ep3's game we do see Anakin kill a couple of Jedi...one IIRC has a double yellow lightsaber...
I doubt this is in the movie, mainly because we're not gonna see a yellow saber (especially wielded by someone not particularly important!), and also I think most of us agree that Jedi don't use double-ended sabers.
Just thought I'd bring up this interesting (but superfluous!;)) point.

I'd also say that what you saw musta been one of Grevious' guards.

Jeskan
30 December 2004, 08:46 PM
I think it is one of Grievous's guards. If you noticed, while they fought Hayden hits the staff towards the center and keeps on going as if it was blocked. If it was a double saber it would have been cut in half while the new weapon would be able to block a Lightsaber anywhere on the staff.