Armadious --- Anvirr, Male Trianii
Swes --- Argaven K'thou, Male Iktotchi
Korwin Blade --- Nikos Morano, Male Human
Neurosean --- Katadyn, Male Human
coldskier0320 --- Hallis Faleur, Female Human

Korwin Blade
8 January 2005, 08:51 PM
Hey Everyone.

I just submitted my character through the link that you provided.

Can wait to start this thing.

Korwin

The Ghost
9 January 2005, 01:19 AM
nothing like down to the wire.

Dirk hasn't responded to my initial message, so we're back down to 5.

i just got Korwin & Neurosean's sheets by e-mail.
they likely won't be up before the first post sunday afternoon, but i've got them.

website link before wednesday, i promise.

The Ghost
9 January 2005, 01:24 PM
Ok, now that i've got everyone mostly input (just a few minor things with Sean's character), i've got the website up and set.

Http://www.presspassordie.com/gaming/swcod.html

I've got all your characters uploaded and schematics of a ship you're about to be introduced to.

i'll work on getting character descriptions and images loaded and put game notes down there for your perusal.

The Ghost
11 January 2005, 04:07 PM
To answer your question, Sean:

the best approach is to state your attempt coupled with your intended outcome. ("goes to the library and begins researching on So&So" or "Takes a swing of his lightsaber at the Sith Lord" for example)

Neurosean
11 January 2005, 05:11 PM
appreciate it ghost, helps alot.

Great start btw...am anxiously awaiting more ;)

Sean

The Ghost
11 January 2005, 06:14 PM
if you've got any other pressing questions, that's what the OOC thread's for.

Swes
13 January 2005, 02:09 PM
Does the Citadel Cruiser the Council gave us have a name already? Or should we give it one?

The Ghost
13 January 2005, 04:31 PM
Swes: Sable Recourse.

All: if you didn't write a Jedi Master into your background (and i didn't arbitrarily assign one yet), feel free to make that up yourself.

Korwin Blade
19 January 2005, 04:24 AM
I have gotten a new job this week and as it is 12 hrs and I have a 2 hour drive to and from work I will be posting as offen as I can,

I have been in oreatation all week and this has been my first opertunity to post.

Did the Holonet go Down as I was unable to get in on Sunday. And today is the first time I have had a couple of minitues to do so.

I will try and make a post today or tomorrow.

Korwin Blade

The Ghost
20 January 2005, 03:18 AM
yeah i couldn't get on for a day or so.

i'm working on that mock battle. and i'll have something put up this afternoon.

The Ghost
20 January 2005, 12:26 PM
as far as how that battle played out, it was quick.

Brianna won initative.
Round 1:
B - Hit, 7 fake vp
K - Crit, 8 fake wp
Round 2:
B - Hit, 10 fake vp
K - Hit, 14 fakve vp
Round 3:
B - Miss
K - Crit, 13 fake wp

nobody's down anything but if it were a real fight that's how it would've run.

Neurosean
20 January 2005, 01:46 PM
Doh,

After the results of that duel I may have used up all of my good dice rolls...May be in trouble later.

;)

Also Ghost would it be possible for us to give some more feedback on how the battle is going, ie what if that second round I wanted to use combat experience to increase my def and lower my attack...what is the best way for us to let you know our combat strategies?

Thanks

The Ghost
20 January 2005, 01:51 PM
normally, it'll go round by round, but considering how cut & dry it would need to be inside a starship where you're trying to not kill each other, i just took the stats and did a full set of rolls, sort of as an example.

you'll be more in control of your actions in real fights.

The Ghost
20 January 2005, 07:08 PM
Coldskier's going to be joining in, and since we're not too far we'll just pretend the character's been real quiet this whole time.

Korwin Blade
21 January 2005, 09:56 AM
Glad to see you could join us Cold.

I see you are using Hallis.

The Ghost
21 January 2005, 11:34 AM
unless Cold decides to use another character...

either way, welcome aboard.

coldskier0320
22 January 2005, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I'm gonna play Hallis, but I'm still doing some tweaking to her background. And dont sweat her being real quiet, her personality will show that. I hope to submit all the stats to Ghost by monday, but i have one question for you (Ghost): power attack is useless, i know, but will we still need it to take cleave? or sould i consider cleave's requirements to be sans power attack?

EDIT: Nevermind that last question. I've got Hallis worked how I want her, stat-wise, and am just finishing her backstory. I'll get it to you shortly Ghost, hopefully by tonight sometime!

The Ghost
23 January 2005, 07:44 AM
concerning the Astrogation. no, the calculations aren't off, you can't make a single jump to Quermia. you have to make 1 jump up the perlemian, and then a second jump to Quermia.

hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops.

coldskier0320
24 January 2005, 05:54 AM
Just a thought that could possibly add a little realism to my late insertion into the campaign, could Hallis have possibly been sent to Quermia early, to meet planetside with the rest of the group? Again, its just a suggestion, though I'm fine with it either way. Also, Ghost, now that you have my stats, am I clear to post? If so, just intro me into your next GM post, I guess. :)

The Ghost
24 January 2005, 07:49 AM
that idea works for me, Cold. if you want to be there pre-emptively i can write it in. and you'll be clear to post then.

coldskier0320
24 January 2005, 09:24 AM
OK, sounds good to me, cant wait to get started!:D

coldskier0320
26 January 2005, 05:45 AM
Just a heads-up to my fellow players, Hallis is a different character from any I've ever played. Besides being my first Jedi character, she's one of the few that doesn't follow the "cocky, confident, but good natured" attitude archetype. As you may have been able to put together, she's presently coming to terms with the death of her master, the same master she's spent the last six years searching for in vain. She's really a good person, she's just seen alot of hardship, and her years away from other Jedi have led her close to the dark side more than a few times. She's still a light Jedi, shes just struggling. So, that said, if Hallis isn't terribly friendly to any of your characters, its not me being a hardass about it, I'm just playing in character, dont take it personally. For most of you being relatively new to PbP, or at least to the HoloNet, you're all doing an excellent job!

See you in game,

cold

Neurosean
26 January 2005, 06:48 PM
Cold...no problem it sounds like Hallis is definitely going to add some "character" to our little group and bring in some interesting dynamics.

As an aside is anyone here planning on going to Celebrations 3. I went to the very first one in Denver and had a great time and my girlfriend got us a trip out there for my xmas present. I was just curous if any other fans from the holonet RPG are going to be out there.

Cheers, and may the Force be with you.

Sean

coldskier0320
26 January 2005, 06:55 PM
Sean, I dont even know what that is. Care to enlighten me?

Neurosean
26 January 2005, 07:09 PM
Sorry, Celebrations 3 is a huge star wars convention going on in Indianapolis from April 21-24. Basically they have alot of the props displayed, a bunch of the actors signing autogrpahs, a ton of collectors showing off their collections and selling stuff. In addition I think they are having a bunch of panel discussions on past present and future of star wars stuff as well. A lot of the star wars licenses show up and have booths, mainly to promote their episode 3 stuff. It is a lot of fun, though from what I remember of the first one RPG's were not a huge focus.

All in all a great time and if anyone here is intereted or wants to pass it along to others the website is www.starwarscelebration.com

The Ghost
28 January 2005, 07:19 AM
i'll make rolls depending on what each mini-group decides to check out.

while it may be green, this is a pretty average spaceport town. There would be local law enforcement, entertainment, merchants, residential areas, etc etc.

Korwin Blade
31 January 2005, 12:21 PM
Hey All,

Sorry about not posting alot, as I have gotten a new job that requires 12 hrs per shift I haven't had as much time lately to post.

I will try and post when I think I need too, other wise If I don't just assume that I go along with what ever is said or done.

And Ghost about the Hyperspace thing it wasn't a big thing. We must have figured it differently thats all.

I do have a question?

How is it that: Argaven and Katadyn do what they do best: talk shop.

Not that it matters as far as the game goes I am just confused.

Korwin

The Ghost
31 January 2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Korwin Blade
How is it that: Argaven and Katadyn do what they do best: talk shop.
Not that it matters as far as the game goes I am just confused.

mistake on my part. i was thinking of Nikos & Argaven (both pilots) heading off to the places Spacers hang out in.

clarification correction upcoming.

coldskier0320
15 February 2005, 11:32 AM
Uh, Ghost? I was comparing my character sheet to the one you have up on your website, and I noticed that Halis's encrypted comlink wasn't on it. Was this intentional? Also, I can't seem to find the list of equipment contained in a utility belt. I'd appreciate it if someone could enlighten me.

Thanks,

cold

The Ghost
15 February 2005, 12:38 PM
not intentional, i probably missed it.
always good to double check your sheets after i load them.

Korwin Blade
20 February 2005, 11:50 AM
Sorry about my lack of posting.

But it seems as if the Darkside is keeping me away, as both my fiance's car and mine went down, so I had to miss a day of work. But everything seems back to normal so far.

I did make a post today.

Korwin Blade
9 March 2005, 09:00 PM
Well It looks as if I Killed another game!!!!

The Ghost
10 March 2005, 03:11 AM
i don't think it's just this game, actually. there seems to be far fewer games updating i think.

can't explain it. just biding my time.