PDA

View Full Version : Greivous is...

Tao
14 January 2005, 07:11 AM
Alright... this is entirely unconfirmed and is just a random thought that occured to me while looking at one of the photos of greivous hanging around on my computer.

first, what do we know, or at least assume, about greivous...
1. High up in Separatist forces indicates some connection to Sidious.
2. Excellent warrior, able to use two lightsabers, and potentially hold his own against a Jedi.
3. Will fight Obi-Wan Kenobi.
4. His body was destroyed and all that remained living was his head and the contents of his chest cavity. The rest of him is machine.
5. He has yellow eyes...

That being said... I have to take the shot in the dark and suggest that he may just be Darth Maul reincarnated. His connection to the Force would be all but severed, due to the fact that he really is "more machine than man now", and hes nothing but a pile of metal and rage and revenge against the Jedi for destroying his body.

If it isnt I wont be surprised, but it would be an amazing twist. I know Lucas has said Greivous just fills the "bad-guy" shoes, and isnt truly important, but I cant help but think that some how at least some of these loose ends will be tied up. And that would be an amazing way to connect the first and third movie's villains, both of whom seem admittedly contrived, as well as bring in some very interesting dialogue. I think greivous revealing his "true" identity and telling Obi-Wan "The Jedi did this to me... You did this to me. You made me like this. " may be the biggest twist since "I am your father".

And that, my friends, is who I think Greivous really is...

Darth Fierce
14 January 2005, 07:33 AM
As clever as your reasoning is...it's been refuted that the true identity of Grievous is who you claim it to be. Lucas himself has supposedly said that Grievous is not "you-know-who" (the words in the quotes are mine).

In fact, the book "Labyrinth of Evil" will supposedly clear up the mystery behind the creation of Grievous.

All the same, your reasoning is quite clever...I once proposed the idea that Grievous was created from the remains of a Tusken Raider (who held a major grudge against the Jedi).

Darth Fierce :vader:

cheshire
15 January 2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Darth Fierce
As clever as your reasoning is...it's been refuted that the true identity of Grievous is who you claim it to be. Lucas himself has supposedly said that Grievous is not "you-know-who" (the words in the quotes are mine).

Crud. I was hoping the "you-know-who" was Lord Voldemort!