PDA

View Full Version : Kotor 3 - Speculation and wishlists more really than anything else...

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
21 January 2005, 01:59 AM
Just so we dont go into re-iterating the goods & bads of kotor2... And i've no clue- not the feintest or slightest about anything actual regarding a kotor3.

So, on the premise of "if there was to be" a kotor 3, what would some of our wishes & wishlists be?

Inspired by & to simply quote:
Originally posted by Dr_Worm
One thing I really want for KOTOR 3...I want to play an alien!!!! in the other kotor2 thread...

Ok, its inevitable, but I had to say it: I wanna play as a Twi'lek!!!! Ok, i'm sure many of you saw it coming from someone like me :P

I also would like a decent selection of alien races to play as and choose from (besides twi'leks)- ie: Wookies, rodians, mon calamari, squibs (or ewoks or jawas or chadrafans for small size class), cerean, ikotchi, zeltronand the like.... most of the races mentioned above have apeared in the movies anyways...

I'm a long time player of the Baldur's Gate & Icewind Dale, and Neverwinter nights games in which you've got alot more freedom in choosing your character class, species and basic apearances like faces, skin & hair tones, and possibly clothing major & minor colors...

I mentioned different races within the 3 main size classes as they'd offer extra intresting bonuses & penalties to the campaign.

The games were more open ended, a different experiance each time as a different class & alignment (or in this case dark or light side)

The kotor serries sofar uses alot of ingame cutscenes using the game engine, so this variety of selection wouldn't be a problem. the Full motion cutscenes would have to be limited & focused more on the NPC's which wont or dont change, or relvelations of more force directed dreams...

i'd like at least an option to enable or lock out certain trivial content such as allowing for ingame cutscene sequences such as romance based ones - like a simple kiss for example.... or even up the gore factor a bit instead of being so sanitary clean. probably disabled by default but still an option.

co-operative multiplayer campaign. BG, IW, and NWN allowed for two or more people to join up and play the game campaign together with increased difficulty adjustments.

Yeah, I know video rpg games are most restricted than the traditional methods, but theres still a range of flexibility that can be had and still enjoyed as seen in other games.

Well, anyone has wishes or wishlists for what if there were to be made a kotor3?

Just curious ;)

REG
21 January 2005, 11:24 AM
As long as KOTOR is not a pay-2-play MMORPG, but something along the line of Neverwinter Night (host your own online game), I'm satisfied.

Also add another camera/display view similar to Diablo. I'm used to clicking which spot he should move to. Unfortunately this only work on PC. In that case, stop making KOTOR console-compatible.

:vader:

neolink111
23 January 2005, 04:44 PM
lol! a jawa would be hilarious to play as! XD

i think the fighting could be a little different. more real-time, but slow enough that you can still pick what you are going to do.

if i think of anything else (and i'm sure i will but i'm really tired right now) i'll be back

proxima centauri
24 January 2005, 12:45 AM
I just wish they polish their game more than KOTOR II... I'm almost finished KOTOR 2 and while it's by no means a bad game, it is not as polished as the first one was.

- fix the numerous dialog bugs
- the equipment is available to any character, no matter their location (I got Dxun's guy's lightsaber using a party, and gave it through the equipment menu to my team on Onderon... now... that's cheating! heheeh
- fix some challenge "rating" issues... I mean... KOTOR 2 is just so damn easy once you hit a Jedi level 15 or 16 after one world ;) It's not even funny.
- Have more than 3-4 models and textures for npcs... they all look the same.
- I want a lighting system like in Splinter Cell. no reason it shouldn't look as good... both run on Xbox.

The list goes on, but if they could improve on all those points, that would be the best game of 2006 ;)

thetophus
29 January 2005, 04:59 PM
If there were to be a KotOR III, all I really want is multiplayer. And more options for character creation and whatnot, especially costumes. Other than that, if they keep making great environments and intriguing stories like they have been, I'll be satisfied.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
29 January 2005, 08:26 PM
Here's another one -

I'd like it to be more custom-content friendly, so people would be able to make addon's more easily for it, including new adventures / modules for it once your done playing the game. Neverwinter Nights has this feature and it rocks - they actuaqlly support / encourage the fanbase to make stuff for the game, as far as so you can actually 'gm' a custom made game for a group of players. dunno if anyone's actually tried this though :P

Have to admit, as much as ya like the game, one can only play it through so many times before theres nothing new to find / do.

Rogue Janson
30 January 2005, 04:03 AM
Not got KotOR 2 yet, but I agree very much with this:

Originally posted by REG
Also add another camera/display view similar to Diablo. I'm used to clicking which spot he should move to. Unfortunately this only work on PC. In that case, stop making KOTOR console-compatible.
Play too much KotOR and you really tire out your finger constantly holding down W. Then you're looking for objects in the distance you can click on to get you character to move automatically to them...
It needn't break the console version, just add it in as something for the PC version - it can't be that hard to do, and it doesn't change the gameplay.

proxima centauri
30 January 2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by REG In that case, stop making KOTOR console-compatible.

:vader: [/B]

Actually, it's the other way around.

KOTOR is developped FOR the Xbox, then ported to the PC. (You might argue that the Xbox is a PC... but it has a joystick ;)).

Dr_Worm
30 January 2005, 10:11 AM
Well since KOTOR III is likely to be for the next gen XB, it will be able to fix some of the graphic's bugs. Image mapping should be better.

I think a fun new twist would be for the player to only be able to play aliens. Perhaps start as a FA in a tribal group. a group of nine alien tribes meets and decides that the galaxy is going to hell without the Jedi Counsel. Some are more agreeable than others becuase the Jedi can be a self righteous lot who were sometimes stole promising shamen from the tribes. Some agree on the surface, but will work agianst the PC as the stroy goes on. The whole mystery will be to find the remaining hidden Jedi, and unite them. In addition there will be other mysteries about the loss of the Jedi, and the aliens who now secretly serve evil masters.

I would like more balance with weapon styles. I want ranged combat to be closer to LS combat in effectiveness. It might be cool to include a force tradidtion that is extreemly effective using fists and feet, or groups like the Zension Sha and the Matukai. I like the array of force powers in KOTOR II, so not much needs to be added, but the upper end power needs to be ramed down a tad. I would like there to be nore variety in battle movements. I get tired of seeing the same, albiet cool, flip every time I use Master Power Attack.

I do not think that modifiable levels or top town views are something we need, but then I am a console player. I think that a PC NWN style game that is set in SW and is more of a true RPG would be great, but it would not be KOTOR.

Muliplayer would be nice, but not essential IMO.

REG
30 January 2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by proxima centauri

Actually, it's the other way around.

KOTOR is developped FOR the Xbox, then ported to the PC. (You might argue that the Xbox is a PC... but it has a joystick ;)).
I hate consoles. BTW, if it were a VG first, then BioWare should at least allow gamepad control for PCs (like those Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pads).

ADDENDUM: Remove unnecessary camera views during dialog scenes. It is unnerving to show a view where I'm looking through a character during the interaction.

proxima centauri
30 January 2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by REG

I hate consoles. BTW, if it were a VG first, then BioWare should at least allow gamepad control for PCs (like those Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pads).

Might I also add that KOTOR II was made by Obsidian and not BioWare.

I think the Obsidian team had much to do learning the engine.

Should the videogame been developped by BioWare, maybe we'd have had some kind of gameplay improvement.

I sure wish Obsidian does not do KOTOR III as I think they did a sloppy job at KOTOR II.

Terras Jadeonar & Raven
30 January 2005, 09:10 PM
Well, the similarites of the bugs in kotor 1 & 2 is in due part to the both games using the same "game engine" (much like how many other games use engines like the aging quake3 engine, or unreal / unreal 2k4 engines)

So, perhaps for kotor 3, they'll use a new engine or make a next generation of that engine :)

A new & improved game engine usually means more visual effects availble, usually higher system requirements also. It very well can introduce its own set of new bugs needing to be ironed out with patches...