PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Minis lineup- including pics!

Reverend Strone
9 February 2005, 12:50 PM
It's all in here... (http://www.starwars.com/gaming/other/tcg/news20050208.html)

Grimace
9 February 2005, 08:27 PM
Interesting....

Looks like there might be some intriguing characters in the new set. Can't wait to see more.

Kordeth
9 February 2005, 11:34 PM
I'm not really a minis fan in general, but I can't help wondering with twisted glee just how "to scale" the AT-AT is going to be. :D

Reverend Strone
10 February 2005, 12:34 PM
I'm not really a minis fan in general, but I can't help wondering with twisted glee just how "to scale" the AT-AT is going to be.

According to Ghengis Ska's website, 15" high, 13" long. That's pretty darned impressive I must say! I'll be lining up for it. I just hope it's not going to be too difficult to come by.

Kordeth
10 February 2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Reverend Strone

According to Ghengis Ska's website, 15" high, 13" long. That's pretty darned impressive I must say! I'll be lining up for it. I just hope it's not going to be too difficult to come by.

Holy hell.....that sounds just about accurate scale-wise! I might have to buy one for RPG gaming.

Kordeth
10 February 2005, 02:10 PM
Just checked the Databank, and yep--the AT-AT is 15.5 meters tall. With an approximately 2m humanoid being a 3/4" mini, 15" is pretty solidly to scale.

thinortolan
25 February 2005, 11:20 AM
If is going to be a solid single-piece model it has to weight a ton, but what I wonder is how are they going to make that monster fit in the game rules, two steps and it is out of the map...

About accurate scales, I hope the next expansions doesn't measures the scale as "accurately" as in the gungan soldier and wookiee commando from CS.

Nightsider
21 March 2005, 10:23 PM
Does anyone know if the ATAT will have articulated movement? It would be cool if you could open a hatch on the side and store Snowtroopers (like the Kenner toy).

:atat:

watanabe2k
22 March 2005, 08:22 AM
That would be nice. I have been looking at the pics trying to figure out what is any of the parts move.

From the pics they shown, there doesn't even seem to be any moving pieces. Well at least they haven't shown the ability for even the legs to move. Would be nice if it could move like the lego version.

Mr. Fett
27 March 2005, 05:58 PM
that thing is huge and I must say utterly awesome. Only thing is how much is that thing going to cost?

watanabe2k
28 March 2005, 01:35 PM
I'd guess between $70-$100............

But that's just a guess could be more or less (hopefully less).

Nightsider
8 April 2005, 11:24 AM
Still, it might be worth it for the opportunity to stage the Battle of Hoth! Especially if several friends each buy one. Sweet.

:atat:

Nightsider
8 April 2005, 11:26 AM
I also understand they will be releasing Snowspeeder minis. How cool is that?8o

:atatplt:

Drendar Morevo
27 April 2005, 04:48 PM
Wants it does Drendar....

This is gonna be sweet, nothing will be able to take it down!

They should really also make ship miniatures. I want fighter squadrons engaging in space, I am no longer content with my old micromachines!

Nightsider
27 April 2005, 06:04 PM
Agreed! I have a nice collection of micromachine Star Wars vehicles, but would love to see minature vehicles in scale with the minis!

:emperor:

The Ghost
7 May 2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Fett
that thing is huge and I must say utterly awesome. Only thing is how much is that thing going to cost?

i'd heard that the AT-AT would be sold separately for like $20-$30.
and now i can't find where i'd gotten that from