PDA

View Full Version : Anzati and Force Sensitivity

guaeko
22 February 2005, 01:24 PM
I wasn't really sure where to put this thread, but I guess it IS speculation.

I was wondering...if an Anzati can pick up a t'bac (it might have been spice, don't remember exactly) addiction through drinking the 'soup' of someone with the addiction...what would happen if their victim was Force sensitive? Would it be at all possible for this to transfer over?

Now I don't want to start the whole Midichlorian argument, I was just curious if this was possible.

Vanger Chevane
22 February 2005, 01:49 PM
Unless the Anzati can also contract the Insanity of a victim, I'd say not possible.

Some substances can be hideously addictive (Arcona and Salt for example, all it takes is one taste for them), so having that substance present in food can trigger an addiction.

IIRC this happens in one of the NJO novels, a failed Arcona student of Skywalker's became innocently addicted to salt by eating meatloaf made by a fellow student.

Tao
25 February 2005, 05:52 AM
if i recall correctly, according to the Ultimate Alien Anthology, the Anzati are all considered to be latent Force Sensative anyways.
This does, however, raise interesting possibilities. You could consider giving the Anzati either a certain number of skill point,s or even a feat, to represent the aquiring of some of that person's essence. This bonus could be temporary or possibly permanant, depending on the power of the Force Sensative that was "souped".
Interesting idea...

wolverine
25 February 2005, 09:59 AM
Would the not be dark side, or at least close to it, with the way they have to eat? Souping sentients brains...

Kordeth
25 February 2005, 12:34 PM
IIRC, Anzati don't have to eat brains to survive. And there was a 4-issue arc in the Star Wars: Republic comic (issues 32-35) about an Anzati Jedi who abstained from eating brains for a long time, but then gave in to temptation and fell to the Dark Side when he first tasted the soup. So I'd say yes, eating soup = pure dag-nasty evil.