PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Rebel Uprising

Ringlord816
28 February 2005, 11:51 AM
Rebel Uprising: a Star Wars RPG set in the Rebellion Era.

This is the OOC thread for the game, check in and I will post more here later

To Be Edited

Morn
28 February 2005, 04:18 PM
Ringlord,

Will I be playing the droid or Mon Calamari character I emailed you?

Krad-edis
1 March 2005, 07:20 AM
I'm here...ready.

Ringlord816
1 March 2005, 07:33 AM
morn, the droid should be fine, i have to double-check the stats when i can get on my own computer

max ordo
1 March 2005, 07:34 AM
I'm good to go.

pilnick1944
1 March 2005, 07:52 AM
Well, then, the party is assembled - nothing left but to go.
Oh, goody, goody, I can't wait... can you? ;)

Ringlord816
1 March 2005, 08:14 AM
I'll try to post the first IC post by next tuesday, once the game starts I'll post mor frequently.

max ordo
2 March 2005, 02:51 PM
can't wait

Ringlord816
4 March 2005, 09:36 AM
Unfortunately, there may not be an IC post this monday, as i am sick. I will try to post, but I don't know if i will feel up to it.

pilnick1944
7 March 2005, 11:54 AM
It is thus that the wait continues...
Ringlord, is the game to be action intensive?
Plot-rich?
I'm cracking my brains on how it's going to be, you know.
I wish you to get well asap and may the force be with you.

Ringlord816
7 March 2005, 12:01 PM
it probably will lean more toward the action, pilnick. Feeling better, rut will need to write up the intro post. so it should be ready sometime this week, depends on how much comes up in RL. once the game gets started, these things shouldn't effect me as much.

Ringlord816
8 March 2005, 05:02 PM
IC post is up.

(ISC= Imperial Standard Calander)
(GST= Galactic standard time)

pilnick1944
9 March 2005, 08:27 AM
I love it.
The introduction has me shaky all over, can't wait for more.

And BTW - am I to understand that we are all active Rebels, actual soldiers?
Plus, I hope that my character's way of speaking won't get on your (i.e. players) nerves.
So, without further ado, let's get the show on the road!! :xwing:

Ringlord816
9 March 2005, 11:32 AM
pilnick, At this point i am assuming that you are active soldiers, but if the group dosen't like that, there is nothing that has been writen yet that says you cant be some sort of mercenaries.

pilnick1944
9 March 2005, 11:41 AM
Hmm. Lemme think this over.
I'm not sure if being a dedicated Rebel fits with my idea of Terrant, but if there's no 'buts' I can get along well.

One more thing: do you require us to take care of the mechanics of the game, like indicating which skill we use, do we take 10s or 20s, etc.?

Ringlord816
9 March 2005, 11:59 AM
That would be preferrable. If it's all right with everyone, You can do your own dice rolls too, except for those where the results would be unknown to the players.

Krad-edis
9 March 2005, 12:01 PM
Cool, I just rolled my first ten rolls for the first ten skill checks I'll have to do in advance. I got all 20s.

:D

Ringlord816
9 March 2005, 12:20 PM
I should have specified, if things like that start happening, or something like a character always getting the rolls they need to escape death or get the right result, I will start doing all of the dice rolling.

max ordo
9 March 2005, 12:48 PM
sounds fair to me.

Krad-edis
9 March 2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Ringlord816
I should have specified, if things like that start happening, or something like a character always getting the rolls they need to escape death or get the right result, I will start doing all of the dice rolling.

lol....Hey...it was a joke. Thats why I put a :D in there.

;) :D

Ringlord816
9 March 2005, 01:20 PM
krad-edis, i knew you were kidding, i just wanted to make sure that that was said. I won't be providing another IC post right now, because I don't want to get into the habit of responding immediately, and saying something i'll regret later.

pilnick1944
11 March 2005, 02:04 AM
As I indicated earlier, I won't be able to participate during the weekends, so you can go on a scene or two without me, but don't have all the action to yourselves ;)
If we get to the quartermaster, I'm going to take some powerpacks, the datapad and datacards, and a medpack.
Plus the supplies I mentioned in my last post.
And I'll have a look at the map of the system, especially the planet near the asteroid belt.
So, let us blast some of those guys :stormtpr: because they aren't going to keep waiting!

Morn
16 March 2005, 06:05 PM
Hello Everyone,

I must apologize for my lack of posting. Two factors contributed to this.

First, this is my first play-by-post game. I've never played online and I must say I'm a little hesitent and intimidated. I don't want to make a fool out of myself.

Second, for some reason, my internet was acting up for the past few days. I couldn't post.

My internet is up and working again and I'm hoping I can amaze you all with my dazeling roleplaying skills!!! :)

My Sincerest Apologies,

Morn

Ringlord816
18 March 2005, 04:19 AM
Sorry to ask this, but could you guys hold up a little with the IC posting. I meant to catch up yesterday, but was woken up by being told that my Grandmother had fallen down the stairs and that i needed to watch the younger sisters, while my mom took my Grandma to go get stiches. Shes OK but that kinda took up my day yesterday.

max ordo
18 March 2005, 08:18 AM
no problem. hope all is well. :)

Krad-edis
18 March 2005, 05:31 PM
I'm sorry to hear that...thats a real bummer. I wish her a speedy recovery :) When you are ready to continue, I look forward to it.

pilnick1944
29 March 2005, 11:58 AM
While waiting for the action to move on I looked up the Balmorra system... Ooops, nobody said we are going deep into Core Worlds!

Now only to enact a morbid surprise as Terrant finds out. ;)

Krad-edis
27 April 2005, 04:53 PM
Any chance this game is going to come back?

max ordo
27 April 2005, 07:47 PM
I hope so.

Ringlord816
28 April 2005, 04:35 AM
I may try to ressurect it after the summer, but right no, it's unlikely, as i haven't even had time to read the posting on the holonet. so at this point, the game is on hold indefinitely. I will PM you all if i want to restart it.