PDA

View Full Version : IC: Quadrant's Bounty Hunters



Pages : [1] 2 3

Ronin
8 March 2005, 05:02 AM
The continuing adventures of Shadow, Tresk, Kerdan, Crix, Garadios and Kel...

In last week's episode:

A groan from the prone, bound pirates brings your attention back to them. The fatter one seems to be waking.
His eyes slowly open and he looks at you with anger. He tries to talk but a the length of synthrope gagging him just further garbles his language.

Shadow nonchalantly stuns the pirate again.

Thank you," Kol says to Shadow. "I'm Kol, by the way, Kol Kaj-Yil. Ever need a speeder driver, just ask." He then walks over to the guards, kneels, and then gets his face very close to one still sleeping and makes a strange face. "They did this to me everyday," he explains, not taking his eyes off the guard. "Time for some payback."

Kerdan looks with a growing smil at Kol.
"How about we go..? We really don't have time for this.. just kick'em and let's go..We'll have to for introduction later on..."

After a moment of silance he looks at Kol again
"I hope you play sabacc?.."

and here we join our anti-heroes in their continuing adventures...

Ronin
9 March 2005, 05:24 AM
Just as the tubby pirate slumps back down from Shadow's shot, the Mon Cal starts to wake. Less vocal than his accomplice, he watches you carefully...

Jan Tolbara
9 March 2005, 10:56 AM
Shadow aims her E-11 at the Mon Cal and says, "Kol, tell him that he'd better cooperate, or he's going to sleep . . . permanently."

OOC: Going for an Intimidate check.

SmugglerJedi
10 March 2005, 11:56 AM
"Nope, smiley, I never play sabacc. Only once, and then I won, but I've seen too many people lose too much. Like Kuur, who lost his freighter. Course, he won a casino the next night..."

Kol says to the Cal: "Look pal, either you cooperate right now, or then I'll let rapier-boy over there explain why he isn't a barber anymore." He sniffs. "And you should could use a bath, too. Jeez, you think that with you people in the water so often, you'd be clean, but I guess that's the price for being assumptive..."

Ronin
12 March 2005, 06:12 AM
The Mon Cal starts speaking, stops, and changes to a recognisably different language. He talks to Kol briefly, giving him a dirty look.

OOC: SJ check your PMs;)

Jan Tolbara
12 March 2005, 09:01 AM
A look combining surprise and concern crosses Shadow's face under her mask as she is taken aback from the sudden change in the Mon Cal's attitude, and she asks while keeping her eyes on their prisoner, "What did you say to him?!"

SmugglerJedi
15 March 2005, 09:28 AM
Kol shrugs. "He says the next time you guys go through the toilet, Rihan wants you to clean it out by spraying some CosmoCleaner. Oh yeah, and its on the left shelf, just over the Ajax." His facial expression indicates that he doesn't understand what the Mon Cal is talking about.

[OOC: Call me a glit-biter, hmm! ;) ]

Crymoon
16 March 2005, 12:46 AM
Kerdan smiles ironically smelling at his clothes
"Somebody please kill this joker...Maybe the others will understand that we ain't jokin'" He swithces his blaster to kill setting "If you don't do it I will..." he finishes and looks at Shadow waiting for her reaction.

Ronin
19 March 2005, 08:15 PM
With a groan, the last Quarren, the lanky one, wakes up. He blinks a few times, looks around the room at his bound comrades then looks to you;
"Who are you people?" he says in perfect basic.
His fatter collegue snaps at him in Quarrenese but he ignores him.

coldskier0320
19 March 2005, 08:35 PM
"We're from Interstellar Energy United, and you're waaaay behind on your energy bills.", Tresk replies with a sneer, "Don't listen to your friend over there, or you'll end up where he's headed: the afterlife. Now tell us how to find Yolikk Tau."

((OOC: Intimidate, possibly with some backup assistance from my friends???));)

Ronin
19 March 2005, 08:40 PM
The Quarren sighs, and looks at each of you and the weapons you carry.
"He's in pod four."

Clearly the guard is about as good a liar as he is a guard.

coldskier0320
19 March 2005, 08:49 PM
Tresk backhands the Quarren, trying his best to ignore the inky slime now on his paw.

"What do you think this is? Some kind of joke? I guarantee you, i have never missed a bound target at one meter distance. Would you like to help me, or become a statistic?"

Ronin
19 March 2005, 08:59 PM
"Huh, typical Bothan...wouldn't know the first thing about a straight fight."
He spits blood/slime at your feet.
His rotund friend chuckles.

coldskier0320
19 March 2005, 09:27 PM
"You know what? You're right, I don't know much about a fair fight. But you'll find I am very, very persuasive..."

As Tresk is saying this, he pulls his pistol from its holster. Turning it to lowest power, narrowest beam, he places the muzzle flat against the Quarren's leg and pulls the trigger.

"Now what do you have to say?"

Ronin
19 March 2005, 11:54 PM
The Quarren cries out in pain...quite loudly.

HIs comrade shouts at you, cursing in Quarrenese.

Gritting his teeth and breathing heavily the Quarren looks back at you; "okay #pant# okay, no more. But what happens to us if I tell you?"

Crymoon
20 March 2005, 12:01 AM
"The one that tells the truth may have a possibility of coming out of this mess alive... You're mumbling companion is already on my waiting list for the next train out of here.... to afterlife..." Says Kerdan smiling vicoiusly and aiming the blaster at the unwiling prisoner "You've got 20 seconds and then I start shooting... and then I start killing..."

Kerdan steadies his aim and begins to slowly count alound going from 20 down.. if the prisoners seem unwiling to cooperate he skips some digits here and there...

Ronin
20 March 2005, 12:09 AM
"If we're all dead, then you won't learn frell now will you!" the pirate spits, "I don't care about these two di'kutlas, but I wanna live," he says as Kerdan continues counting, "I tell you where to find Yolikk: you let me go. Deal?"

coldskier0320
20 March 2005, 12:43 PM
Tresk quickly responds, "Deal. We get Yolikk, you get a free trip home. Now tell us where we can find our man."

((OOC: Tresk has no intention of letting this Quarren foul his plans, though he is not exactly a liar either. Once he gets Yolikk, he'll make an effort to come back and release this prisoner, though he'll remain bound for the duration of the operation. If that counts as lying, I'll take ten on my Bluff check. ;)))

8Dark_Prince6
20 March 2005, 12:47 PM
Garadios draws his Vibrorapier and places the blade next to his throat (area) "You can answer our questions in the order that we ask them and do that correctly. And we'll let you live, but releasing you... no. We can't have the risk of letting you roam around knowing that we are here now can we. So, if you answer our questions correctly, you can live, and then wiggle your way out of those bindings like the worm you are."

coldskier0320
20 March 2005, 01:12 PM
"Ah, come on now, G. What has he done to you?", Tresk chides his sometime-partner, then, turning back to the Quarren, "Oh, don't mind him. Besides, who's the one that said they would untie you? Just as i promised you I wouldn't miss, I promise you I'll hold up my end of the deal. Of course...if the deal is off...".

Tresk makes a show of again turning his blaster down, casually setting it to cause pain without being life threatening.

Ronin
20 March 2005, 11:22 PM
"Okay," the pirate gulps, his throat grating against Garadios' blade, "just one more thing: if I tell you where to find Yolikk, you have to kill these two." He nods in the direction of the Mon Cal and the other Quarren.

"His cabin is in the main pod, deck two, Epsilon section. Cabin E3. The corridor leading from this pod to the main pod will take you onto deck two. There six sections. Epsilon is the furthest from this side."

The portly pirate clearly doesn't understand basic, but he recognises directions. He begins shouting and cursing at the cooperative pilot.

Crymoon
21 March 2005, 02:50 AM
"Shadow it's your call. Shall we dispose of them...?" Asks Kerdan still smiling taking the aim at the Mon Cal.

coldskier0320
21 March 2005, 04:34 AM
Tresk seems to consider the pirates words for a few long moments before thumbing his blaster up to standard power and beam width...then he holsters it.

"Thank you, friend. As far as im concerned, though, your eventual release should be your compensation for your aid, and not the death of these two. I might be ersuaded to oblige you, should you tell me exactly why you want so badly rid of these two. They look like...uh...excellent conversationalists."

He says this last as an afterthought, recalling that neither could speak basic, apparently, and both seemed fairly crude.

Ronin
21 March 2005, 05:08 AM
"Because Jerresk here know that I just told you where to find Yolikk," the pirate states matter-of-factly nodding toward his chubby, cursing ex-comrade, "if he lives and tells Rihan, then I'm dead."

coldskier0320
21 March 2005, 05:15 AM
Deciding he's gotten as far as he wants to get without Shadow's input, he looks over at her, eyebrow raised. :raised:

SmugglerJedi
21 March 2005, 02:26 PM
[OOC: Sorry for being late! Been busy lately, but don't worry, I'll post some more!]

Kol watches the scene with mute satisfaction, frowning as Garadios puts his rapier next to the pirate's throat. "Hey man, watch it - you wouldn't want to get that dirty." As the other pirate gives up the information, Kol smiles and stands up. "Ah, see how easy that was? And no one got shot, well, again, I guess. Now, Mr. Talkative, can you happen to tell me where the armory is? You see, I had this nice BlasTech DL-44, black with silver stripes, and well, it has some, er, sentimental value..." He offers an expression of pleading and tries to describe the blaster with his hands.

[OOC: Again, sorry for the delay! SJ.]

Jan Tolbara
21 March 2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by coldskier0320
Deciding he's gotten as far as he wants to get without Shadow's input, he looks over at her, eyebrow raised. :raised:

Shadow quickly assesses the situation while keeping her blaster trained on their three prisoners. Her trigger finger flexes multiple times over the few seconds that she silently watches the three pirates lie on the floor.

Finally, she breaks the silence and says, "Tresk, Kerdan, gag them as best you can and throw them in the cell. Make sure they don't have anything on them . . . except their clothes. If they're going to die, let it be by their own boss's hand for being ineffective guards.

"Crix, Garadios, check the corridor leading to the main pod. Make sure it's clear."

Shadow continues as she lowers her rifle and addresses the Basic-speaking Quarren, "Consider it payback from your former prisoner."

As Tresk and Kerdan move to take care of the prisoners, she faces Kol and sternly adds, "You can thank me by pulling your weight."

With that said, Shadow trots over with Crix and Garadios to check out the corridor.

coldskier0320
21 March 2005, 08:20 PM
Tresk starts to grin uncharacteristically broadly at Shadow's wise handling of the situation. As he pushes/pulls/drags the prisoners into the cell, his grin turns into an all out smile. Finally, deed accomplished, he checks all the bindings, making sure each is secure, before he and Kerdan exit the cell, locking the door behind them.

"Orders, old boy.", Tresk explains to the Quarren who spoke Basic, srugging sympathetically, "But I'm sure you know all about that."

Crymoon
21 March 2005, 10:58 PM
Kerdan joins Tresk in stripping the pirates out of really anything except clothing but even there he takes things they really woudn't need, like belts, vests etc. leaving them just one layer. Then proceeds to gag and tie them with the taken clothes parts. All the time smiling happily.

Ronin
22 March 2005, 05:17 AM
"What?! I told you what you wanted!" the pirate shouts, "I told you! You basta-"
his yelling is silenced as Kerdan shoves a sock in his mouth.

He sits on one side of the cell, the portly pirate on the other; glaring daggers at him while the Mon Cal lies unconscious on the floor between them.

From here you've got the door into the hangar bay, and the doors leading off from that...or going back out into the outer corridor and trying one of the other doors from there.

coldskier0320
22 March 2005, 06:24 AM
Stepping up beside Shadow, Tresk murmurs, so as not to give their plans away to the pirates, "Think we should check out that ship too? Might be our ticket out."

Jan Tolbara
22 March 2005, 08:00 AM
"Just what I was thinking," replies Shadow.

"Crix," she calls out. "Change of plans. Check that ship out."

8Dark_Prince6
22 March 2005, 08:59 AM
Garadios sheathes his blaster Vibrapier. "Well Shadow lets get to checking the corridor."

Crymoon
22 March 2005, 10:30 AM
Kerdan smiles....
"Let's go then.." He checks for the last time that the pirates are tied, gagged and locked, draws his blaster and steps out of the door looking to left to right...

SmugglerJedi
22 March 2005, 12:00 PM
"I like payback." Kol helps the others drag them and strip them down and throw them into the cell. He cheerfully locks them in and shrugs to the prisoners. "You know, if you told me where my blaster was, I might have vouched for you. But, since you didn't - oh well." As the group gets ready to leave, he walks up to Shadow and says, "Thanks for letting me out of that cell. Now, do you mind if I could have a blaster? It would help alleviate my mental and emotional stresses I am undergoing right now." He keeps a friendly smile on his face, exuberant he is now free from Quarren/Mon Cal imprisonment.

"Oh, and which one is Crix? I should probably go with him."

KnightStalker
23 March 2005, 05:51 PM
Stepping up beside Shadow, Tresk murmurs, so as not to give their plans away to the pirates, "Think we should check out that ship too? Might be our ticket out."


"Just what I was thinking," replies Shadow.

"Crix," she calls out. "Change of plans. Check that ship out."

Crix nods to Shadow and Tresk in confirmation.


"Oh, and which one is Crix? I should probably go with him."

Crix quickly gives Kol a quick look-over, making a mental assesment of his physical capabilities.

"Fine, tag along if you want, just keep up and stay quiet, the sooner we've finished our mission here, the sooner I get my ship back from that Hutt Mampossa, so I can get back to doing what I do best."

SmugglerJedi
24 March 2005, 08:52 AM
"Dealing with Hutts? <i>Hija hun vojik</i>, that's some nasty stuff. I only deal with the Hutts when absolutely necessary; course, some people <i>would</i> think Black Sun is worse..." He just shrugs at the conclusion of his statement.

"Are we heading to the armory by any chance?"

[OOC: Am I finally on the ball?]

KnightStalker
24 March 2005, 04:04 PM
"Are we heading to the armory by any chance?"

"Maybe on the way back to join the others, after we've looked at that ship, if we have time. Our little group here's running on a deadline, and Mampossa's orders were to be on that passenger liner when it departs the planet. I for one want to make sure we're onboard in time."

SmugglerJedi
24 March 2005, 06:57 PM
"Passenger liner? Ah, darn, what's the fun of traveling by spaceship when you aren't flying the damn thing? A bit crowded for my tastes, too."

[OOC: All of this said sarcastically, of course. :D ]

Crymoon
27 March 2005, 11:56 PM
Kerdan looks at Shadow
"Do we wait for them to return, provide them with back up or go searching ourselves?" .... he asks grining sheepishly and playing with his blaster

Jan Tolbara
28 March 2005, 12:34 PM
Shadow points to the fighter in the middle of the room with her thumb and replies, "They're just going over there. We need to find our way to the main pod. Get with Garadios and start checking out doors.

"Tresk, you're with me."

Shadow moves (hopefully with Tresk) toward the door they originally entered and over to door 1a with weapon ready, just in case.

coldskier0320
28 March 2005, 01:32 PM
Glad to be (mercifully) paired with one of the people who seemed to know what was going on around them, Tresk smiles tightly and heads off with Shadow, covering her as they move.

8Dark_Prince6
28 March 2005, 03:43 PM
Garadios turns to his appointed room checker,"Well lets get crackalackin."

KnightStalker
28 March 2005, 09:00 PM
Sticking to any shadows or other forms of cover, Crix makes his way out to the hangar to get a look at the docked craft.

Crymoon
29 March 2005, 12:19 AM
Kerdan smiles at Garadios
"Let's go right then and check the first room... just follow me" he checks that hi blaster is set on stun and begins moving to room 1c with care...

Ronin
29 March 2005, 06:32 AM
As Shadow and Tresk move back to the outer corridor and anticlockwise up past the small maintenance-like hatch (2a) they come to a door identical to the turbolift anteroom they came from earlier. Taking positions either side of the door, they swing it open, weapons ready...to find an empty anteroom, with a turbolift door. The lights indicate that the lift is currently on the lower deck.

Kerdan and Garadios move to the similar door at this deck's five o'clock position, swing open the door...and find another identical anteroom with lift. This one is at this deck, but the door is closed and there's no signs of life.

Kol and Crix open the heavy blast door into the central hangar to find the deck dirty with oil and lubricant stains...clearly the pirate's mechanics are rather sloppy workers...at least you think those are lubricant stains...
the deck is also rather empty, though there are a few crates and old drums you manage to duck behind, half way to the fighter. As you're moving to this point, you notice movement through both the other windowed-areas (6 o'clock and nearly-12 o'clock). Not hurried movement, just figures moving about leasurely. If you're gonna take a closer look at that fighter, you're gonna have to be real careful...
from this distance it just appear to be a standard Dagger starfighter, not in the best condition, but reasonably well maintained.
The hangar's roof is a giant iris (currently shut), though where the controls are, you don't know...

Ronin
29 March 2005, 06:37 AM
map

Crymoon
29 March 2005, 10:21 AM
Kerdan takes a quick look around and as nothing catches his eye here waves at Garadios and points to the next door then moves to stand at the left side of the door waiting for his companion...

SmugglerJedi
30 March 2005, 09:50 AM
Kol follows Crix into the hall, being very careful to not make any noises, except a small, whispered question:

"Why the hell don't I have a blaster?"

SJ.

KnightStalker
30 March 2005, 09:05 PM
Crix risks a glance at the ship from behind cover of the crates, makes a quick mental evaluation of it then turns to Kol.

"That Dagger snub out there's nowhere near big enough for our entire group. We may as well double back to the others, as for the blaster, you've got to convince the others that they can trust you before they'd let you tag along with us armed."

Crix heads back to rejoin the others to continue searching for Mampossa's defecting pirate.

coldskier0320
31 March 2005, 05:41 AM
Tresk nudges Shadow and asks softly, "Think we should head back around? Check the room on the other side of the little brig where we found our friend?".

((OOC: If Shaodw agrees, we'll head for the room below C))

Ronin
1 April 2005, 06:25 AM
Tresk and Shadow yet again come up empty with a turbolift anteroom...

Crix and Kol scuttle back across the hangar's dirty deckplates to the security-checkpoint room, apparently unseen...

Kerdan and Garadios find a lone Quarren asleep on a cot in the corner of the room...and a window-rimmed door opposite leading into the hangar bay...

Crymoon
1 April 2005, 06:50 AM
Kerdan looks at the window opposite the room to make sure that nobody looks in this direction... He aims the blaster set on stun at the sleeping Quarren....

Jan Tolbara
1 April 2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Ronin
Tresk and Shadow yet again come up empty with a turbolift anteroom...

Shadow stops for a second and ponders the situation. Finally breaking the silence, she flatly says to Tresk, "The way in is through the hangar."

She hurriedly makes her way back to the room where they were before, not waiting for a response from the Bothan.

coldskier0320
1 April 2005, 09:41 AM
Somewhat confused, nevertheless, not wanting to be left out of the action, Tresk hurries after Shadow...:?

SmugglerJedi
1 April 2005, 06:02 PM
As Kol sneaks back into the security room, he speaks softly to Crix, "Well, I can see where you're coming from. Yeah, don't want to trust me because I shoot you in the back, all that stuff, I understand. Had that problem before. But really, do you think these guys might have enough space for a Corellian freighter in here? I didn't get to see alot myself - except the gigantic waste processor, unfortuneately - but surely they have some larger hangers. I mean, they might even have a corvette stuck in here somewhere!" Then he pauses and thinks on that. "Oh, wait, that would be that guy's yacht, if he had one." He sighs. "Can't wait for space. Hey, when's lunch, by the way?"

SJ.

coldskier0320
1 April 2005, 07:07 PM
Tresk and Shadow get back to the security room just in time to hear the Sakiyan muttering,


"Oh, wait, that would be that guy's yacht, if he had one." He sighs. "Can't wait for space. Hey, when's lunch, by the way?"

"Can it about the lunch, I'll see to it you're fed just as soon as we leave this tin aquarium. What's this about a yacht? Shadow, perhaps we won't have to backtrack. If we can get Tau and head to this alleged yacht all in one trip, we could stay one step ahead of any security patrols that might catch wind of us. It'd be nice if we didn't have to backtrack straight into them."

SmugglerJedi
2 April 2005, 08:43 AM
"Wait, I never said he actually <i>had</i> a yacht, all I said is that <i>if</i> he had a corvette, it <i>would</i> be his yacht. There may not actually be one down here, though it would be nice." He sighs. "And what did you say about an aquarium, anyways? I mean, its not like - " He freezes, then gasps and swears in Sakiyan. "Ohhh, nooo, no, not, not underwater, no... He slumps to the floor gloomily. "I really, <i>really</I> don't like water. This is the last time I've ever coming back to this planet again." He then starts to quiver in fear.

SJ.

Ronin
4 April 2005, 03:50 AM
The Quarren continues sleeping, beginning to snore, apparently unaware of Kerdan's blaster trained on his forehead.

The other four of you RV in the security room with the three bound pirates still in the cell, the Mon Cal is now conscious and trying to sit up while the more portly Quarren stares daggers at the taller, who avoids his gaze.

Jan Tolbara
6 April 2005, 11:29 AM
"Tresk," Shadow asks, breaking the virtual silence in the room. "Considering this is obviously a hangar of sorts, would it not make sense that pilots would want to get to their ships as quickly as possible from the main pod?"

coldskier0320
6 April 2005, 06:43 PM
"It would indeed, Shadow. Especially considering that the original purpose of this base was as an outpost in an old civil war.", Tresk agrees with the team leader, furl rippling slightly under his form-fitting shadowsuit. After another moment, he followed her up on her logic.

"But there are an awful lot of windows in there. And if we're spotted, this whole thing will be less than worthless, not to mention that we could all, quite possible be put in some very real danger. Any ideas on how to make it to the north passage in the hangar?"

He waits a moment for responses, then adds, "Oh, and Kerdan? Turn that comlink back on, see if our friend here can clue us in on what's going on. But don't forget to turn it off again before we move."

Crymoon
7 April 2005, 12:47 AM
Kerdan smiled and whispered to Gardios
"Why don't you run to our friends and tell them that they should enter the last room with the window (3b) at the same time I shoot this one" he finished pointing with his head at the sleeping pirate.
"I'm waiting for you here... unless he wakes up..."

SmugglerJedi
8 April 2005, 05:31 PM
"Well," Kol says, "I could try to sneak my way in and steal the ship right out from under their noses; then, while its powering up, you guys can come in when you're ready, with the ship all nice and toasty for you. No waiting for me to dig out the keys - assuming it even needs any." He shrugs. "Though its your call, furry boy - or um, whoever is really in charge here."

[OOC: Ronin, do you need my stats resent, or do you have them? I got a copy over here - somewhere. :D ]

coldskier0320
8 April 2005, 07:37 PM
"Yes, because I'm sure these crustaceans wouldn't notice a starship preparing for takeoff in their own base.", Tresk sighs in exasperation, "Also, what's your plan for getting that bay door open? Just gonna sit in the cockpit and say, 'Open Mesta-seeds!'? No thanks, Mampossa prefers that defectors come back alive and in one piece, two conditions I'm not sure they could meet, if your flying skill is as great as your brain cell count. And did you bother to look at the ship? Just what was your secret Black Sun strategy for fitting seven people in a fighter? Unfortunately, we're not all clowns like you, and we're not very good at contortion."

Tresk shakes his head in aggravation, while trying to formulate a plan for getting past the surprisingly tight security of the windowed bay. Finally, he turns to Shadow,

"I'm not seeing any way to get past this, short of diversionary tactics, which would put them on alert anyway. You have any realistic suggestions?", he says this last with a slight eye roll in the direction of Kol. Tresk disliked excess baggage, now he was reminiscing the days before he started running with Garadios, when he was outhunting criminals across the galaxy as a solitary hunter...so much for the good old days.

((OOC: Don't want you to take offense, SJ. This is all roleplay. Personally, I think you play Kol rather well, however our two charaters are personality opposites. :)))

SmugglerJedi
9 April 2005, 05:21 AM
"Huh?" Kol peeks his head up and looks through the window, then ducks down again. "Oops, didn't know it was that small. Hmm, we could try what I did in the Smuggler's Run and have everyone hold on to the outside. What! They all made it through; don't give that look, furball! Look, I can get the blasted door open, just give me a laser cannon! Who cares if this place sinks after we're gone?"

[Part #2: I had to leave before; I'll add a little bit more on here...]

"And as for being a clown, I take that as the highest compliment, and I most greatly thank you. Still, all jestering aside, we could still use that fighter. I mean, we could use it to escort whatever else the heck we'll escape in. Not that I'm a fighter pilot, though; I only fly transports. Snubfighters are for maniacs and drunkards."

SJ.

Ronin
13 April 2005, 05:49 PM
The Quarren sleeping at the muzzle of Kerdan's blaster gives a big yawn and his eyes flutter open, almost popping out when he sees the blaster pressed against his temple.
Though you're focused on his face, in your peripheral vision you notice a damp patch appear on the bedsheets further down. ;)

As for the rest of you back in the security room, the three prisoners are still trussed up, and it looks like you'll have to try one of the several doors from the hangar, if you want to reach the corridor leading to the main pod.

8Dark_Prince6
18 April 2005, 12:34 PM
"Thats it Im finding a way to the main corridor so that we can find our target and get on with our own buissness." With that Garadios heads to the other side of the hangar. (Lets see whats behind door number one)

Jan Tolbara
18 April 2005, 01:28 PM
Turning to Tresk, Shadow interjects, "My first guess would be the door in the 12 o'clock position." With that, she strides into the hangar bay and heads straight for that door.

coldskier0320
18 April 2005, 07:03 PM
Tresk hurries to set up a covering position to help protect Shadow as she makes her hay across the hangar, alert for any movement from anywhere other than Shadow herself. Pulling up his scope, he scans the windows for any sign of hostiles, hissing after Shadow, "You'd do well to keep your head down!".

((OOC: General spot check...always a good thing :).))

Crymoon
18 April 2005, 11:02 PM
Kerdan smiles at the awaken Quarren and shows him to be silent then steps back and presses the trigger. Afterwards he looks around for anything to tie this prisoner with.

SmugglerJedi
19 April 2005, 11:45 AM
Kol watches as the duo leave. He sighs and turns to Crix. "Well, I guess I'm paired up with you. I suggest we try and find out if a control room is downstairs in the hanger; maybe something with security camera consoles or the like." He stretches his back out and pauses. "And if we can't, maybe we can raid the storage lockers and find some food. I'm starving! Oof, and some <I>saranac</i> would be nice too!"

[OOC: Well its about time! :) ]

KnightStalker
19 April 2005, 07:08 PM
"Agreed, if the hangar does have a control room that's tied into the security system, we may even be able to determine where all the pirates are. If there's a security terminal there with control over all the blast doors, we may even be able to isolate them from the rest of the base so we can move about freely."

Crix heads out to seek out the control room to the hangar with Kol.

Ronin
20 April 2005, 07:06 AM
Shadow, covered by Tresk, makes it over to the 12o'clock door. Strangely it's been left ajar. Inside you can see a targeting terminal...it appears to be the control center for a one of the pod's turrets. A single chair is bolted to the floor behind the console.

Through his scope, Tresk spots a figure moving behind the windows either side of the other security door (number 1). The figure appears to be pacing, but doesn't react to Shadow's movement.

Garadios heads across to the fighter and sneaks around behind it, across to the far wall and up toward the windowed door (#1). He stops just next to the window. He too can see the pacing guard: a stocky Mon Cal in a blast vest. Blaster carbine hanging from a sling held casually infront of him.

Crix then sneaks across to the fighter then up and across, stopping the other side of the windowed door, mirroring Garadios.

The Quarren lapses into unconsciousness under Kerdan's stun bolt. Aside from his clothes or the bed sheets...there doesn't seem to be an restraints to hand...

Finally Kol begins sneaking across the hangar, following Crix's path...and slipping in a pool of lubricant on the deck (that's a 1 for ya!).

The thud causes the pacing guard to stop.

coldskier0320
20 April 2005, 07:33 AM
Fierfek...Tresk mutters to himself, berating himself for letting the others convince him that the ugly bald little alien was okay. Wanting to see how the guard will react before pressing the issue, Tresk simply draws a tight bead on the Mon Cal's head, waiting for him to make the first move...

((OOC: Aiming as a full-round action. Bracing too, if there's something available to brace myself against.))

Crymoon
20 April 2005, 09:08 AM
Using Quarrens clothing especially his belt Kerdan quickly tied the pirate not minding causing pain.

He smiled a bit britgher hearing the thud outside... but as nothing interested him in this room moved to the last room with the window...

Jan Tolbara
20 April 2005, 03:29 PM
Hearing the thud, Shadow quickly jerks her head around to look at the source of the disturbance. Catching sight of the guard, she stays perfectly still at that point, hoping the guard has not caught sight of her, but remains ready to duck behind the door and defend herself with her E-11 in case he makes any move against her.

SmugglerJedi
20 April 2005, 04:32 PM
<i>"Hoojik!"</i> Kol thought as he slipped in a puddle of lubricant. <i>"Who the hell keeps lubricant out like this anyways? Man, these guys need a real merry maid to help this place."</i>

As his butt slams down into the lubricant and sprays more of the stuff around, he tries to lie very still and hope no one notices his big ugly body laying on the ground. How he ever got into this disgusting place was beyond him...how he would ever get out was even farther than that. He just hoped, and hoped (he never really prayed, seeing it as useless and a waste of time), and hoped some more that the guard would ignore him. Maybe he if just thought really really hard, the guard would just go away and have a pull on some cheap, nasty tasting whiskey...

<i>"I am so screwed. And I desperately need a shot of Corellian ale when I'm done with this. No, make it a Pan-Galatic Gargle Blaster."

[OOC: I was feeling a little "Hitchhikery" today. :D ]

KnightStalker
25 April 2005, 08:52 PM
After Kol slips and falls, Crix glances over in his direction, quickly looks left & right to make sure no pirates have noticed and are running to check on the noise. Crix then glances back at Kol and silently mouths "Would you get over here!" and makes a nodding 'come here' gesture, then double-checks to make sure his blaster is set to stun.

Ronin
26 April 2005, 06:14 AM
With a creak, the Mon Cal swings the door inward and steps into the doorway. He's looking at the starfighter, as if the noise came from there...seemingly not spotting Kol's prone form...
with a shrug he begins to turn back...and finds Crix stood a couple of meters infront of him.
His naturally bulging eyes bulge further and his hands go to his carbine...

Jan Tolbara
26 April 2005, 11:28 AM
Taking her weapon off stun, Shadow blasts him, firing once and ducking behind the door for cover.

SmugglerJedi
26 April 2005, 11:33 AM
Kol, seeing the shooting, decides to follow Crix. So, he jumps up, ducks, and runs over to the pilot. A thought passes through his mind:

<i>"Should I tackle him?"</i>

[OOC: If I did tackle the pirate, would it get in Shadow's way? I mean, would it knock the pirate out of the bolt's course, or would he already be shot by then?]

coldskier0320
26 April 2005, 04:47 PM
Sighing grimly from his vantage point, Tresk attempts to concentrate totally and completely on the Mon Cal, blocking out all of the other distractions in the hangar bay. When he gets his shot, Tresk carefully squeezes off a single round at the pirate's torso...

KnightStalker
26 April 2005, 05:46 PM
As Crix and the Mon Cal spot each other, Crix takes a quick one-step back and fires at the pirate.

OOC : With at least 3 people shooting at the Mon Cal, plus Kol possibly tackling him, he should easily go down quickly :P

Ronin
28 April 2005, 07:37 PM
Crix's shot takes the Mon Cal full in the chest, burning through his blast vest and exiting his back. He remains standing for a second before collapsing to the deck, eyes still wide.

Tresk and Shadow relax their aims, seeing their comrade take out the pirate, and Kol aborts his dive a meter short of the corpse.

From within the room (that the pirate left: the final security room) you hear shouts and people rushing about...and the cocking of weapons. Clearly the guard had friends out of sight...

OOC: is Kerdan heading across the hangar, or round the back via the outer corridor?

Ronin
28 April 2005, 07:40 PM
map

KnightStalker
28 April 2005, 08:13 PM
As soon as Crix hears the still unseen pirates start to cock their weapons & move around in the room, he moves back into position at the side of the doorway opposite Garadios and gestures for Kol to hurry up and get out of site from the doorway.

Crix then uses hand signals to ask Garadios or Shadow if either of them has any grenades they can toss into the room (preferably flash-bang or smoke, or if not any grenades, then anything that would lure the pirates away from the doorway).

Crymoon
28 April 2005, 10:36 PM
Kerdan slowly and silently makes it way through the corridor to the last security room...
They gonna get a nasty suprise.... he thinks smiling.

Jan Tolbara
29 April 2005, 06:30 AM
Shadow shakes her head "No" and grips her blaster rifle tighter.

SmugglerJedi
29 April 2005, 09:39 AM
Even though the pirate dies, Kol still hits the deck and slides across the ground, just missing the wall yet still out of sight of the door way. He yanks on Crix's leg (after he's done "talking" with the others) and points to the fighter. He then tries to make hand movements that would convey the words "big cannon", but try as he might, he just fails. He grunts and then mutters, "Oh, never mind."

SJ. [OOC: From a past experience with me and hand signals... :D ]

KnightStalker
29 April 2005, 07:50 PM
When Kol tugs at Crix's pant leg, then points at the fighter and starts gesturing, Crix catches on and signals Shadow, points to the fighter, then imitates gripping the firing yokes of a turret and then points at the doorway, and mimes pressing the triggers.

Jan Tolbara
1 May 2005, 07:39 AM
Following what has happened so far, Shadow looks at the fighter, then the walls and ceiling to see if hull integrity would be maintained if the wall were suddenly shot out from under it.

After a split second analysis, Shadow nods her approval, points to Kol to follow her and quickly moves back to where Tresk is located.

Once she reaches him, she gets his attention and pulls out her aquata breather.

coldskier0320
2 May 2005, 09:54 AM
Nodding to Shadow, Tresk reaches into a pocket to make certain his breather is still with him, after this, he fastens the pocket closed. Though he's not sure what Shadow has planned, if he'll need his breather again, it must be destructive. Scanning the bay from his hiding place, he hits upon another idea.

Tugging at Shadow's sleeve, he motions toward the large fuel tank dominating the other side of the roughly circular chamber, mimicking pulling a trigger at it, then patting his rifle confidently. It's drastic, surely a last resort, but it's a very effective one at that.

He then lines up on the doorway, getting ready to blast the first crustacean to pop his head through...

((OOC: Full-round aiming at the doorway, readying an action to blast the first pirate through. Definitely taking the time to confirm it isnt Kerdan, though, of course. ;P))

Jan Tolbara
2 May 2005, 11:40 AM
Looking at the fuel tank and knowing that they no longer have the element of surprise on their side, Shadow nods her approval.

"This is going to be an uphill battle from here," she thinks to herself. "Just the way I like it."

SmugglerJedi
2 May 2005, 01:49 PM
<i>"Good grief," </i> Kol thinks to himself. <i>"This is going to be as fun as my days back on Triel VII. Gunslingers, really mad Huralok pirates, Imperial demolitionists, and of course, one sick-minded gambler that really liked to see things go boom." </i> As Shadow decides to use the fuel tank, Kol creeps over to to fighter, very slowly, and checks to see if the door is open. Not all Quarren are that bright...

[OOC: Not exactly sure if those crustaceans can see me, so should I use Hide or Move Silently?]

Ronin
5 May 2005, 05:16 AM
The hatch of the Dagger isn't open, though it doesn't appear to be locked either...with a slight creak the cockpit opens. Looking over the controls you guess you could have this baby powered up in under 15 seconds....

as Garadios, Crix and Shadow retreat to Tresk's position (3o'clock), Kerdan sneaks around to the other door leading into the (occupied) security room.
Kerdan cracks the door enough to see four Quarren pirates...three have already grabbed rifles and strapped on their blast vests...a fourth is putting on his vest now. They're all against the room's inner wall, babbling to each other. One pulls out a commlink and begins talking frantically into it.

Ronin
11 May 2005, 07:27 AM
With a dull rumble like the roar of a Krayt dragon kilometers distant, the deck shudders.

(Crymoon got a PM about what Kerdan can see)

The rest of you can hear some shouting from the pirates in the security room, but that's all.

Kol, strapping himself in, continues warming up the fighter.

Crymoon
11 May 2005, 10:23 AM
Kerdan waits for the group to exit through the blast door and then runs to the door leading to the hangar. Stops there and shouts:
"It's me.. Don't even think about shooting. They left... and I believe we don't have much time..."

SmugglerJedi
11 May 2005, 03:38 PM
"La de da de do - " Suddenly Kol stops what he's doing (though the fighter continues to warm up.) "Is that really all me? Nah, that's gotta be sea gas out there..." He stretches and looks to another console. "I sure wish I had my trusty towel with me...oh well, just have to do without it I suppose." He shrugs and continues to make sure that all the engines are online, though he can't hear Kerdan.

SJ.

Jan Tolbara
16 May 2005, 11:27 AM
Without turning to the rest of the group, Shadow signals for them to sprint to the door. She, on the other hand, bolts to the cockpit of the fighter, knocks on the canopy and draws her thumb across her throat (stating to kill the engines) and beckons for him to move to the door. Not waiting, Shadow returns to the hangar floor and joins the rest of the group.

SmugglerJedi
16 May 2005, 02:40 PM
Clearly upset and wanting to pout, Kol punches the buttons to kill the engines. He growls as he gets out of his seat and marches towards the fighter hatch.

"What the hell?" he mutters. "Sea gas has everyone going haywire? I can still use the bloody ship. I better go to a good bar after this little escapade; either that, or a hospital so I can get these people's brains checked out. Kill the engines my foot..."

After he stops complaining, he takes a position next to the door, over by Crix, scowling at Shadow, clearly expressing his unhappiness to the woman.

KnightStalker
16 May 2005, 08:41 PM
Taking up position near the door, Crix double checks his blaster's setting and waits for Shadow's next hand signal.

Crymoon
17 May 2005, 04:26 AM
Kerdan gets into his postition near the door. And waits for the rest...

Ronin
18 May 2005, 06:36 AM
There's another dull clang...seemingly from beneath you, and the floor seems to move....no: the whole base appears to be dropping slowly...

The captured commlink at Kerdan's belt vibrates: clearly the pirates are talking to each other.

Jan Tolbara
18 May 2005, 08:00 AM
Shadow doesn't signal.

"MOVE!" she cries and runs for the door, double-checking her blaster to make sure it's off stun.

KnightStalker
19 May 2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Jan Tolbara
Shadow doesn't signal.

"MOVE!" she cries and runs for the door, double-checking her blaster to make sure it's off stun.

At Shadow's command, Crix bolts for the door, keeping his blaster drawn and ready.

SmugglerJedi
21 May 2005, 02:36 PM
"Yaahhhh!" Kol follows the duo through the door. "Guess that wasn't gas at all....someone just forget to pay their energy bill."

SJ.

Ronin
22 May 2005, 04:46 AM
The sinking feeling continues as Kol, Kerdan, Shadow and Crix gather at the main hatch to the connecting corridor and Tresk and Garadios sprint across the hangar.
The base continues to groan and machinery clanks and grinds as it sinks beneath the waves.
As the pair run they both feel drops of rain hit their heads. Looking back over their shoulders the drops grow bigger as the hangar bay's ceiling-hatch begins to slowly iris open. The drops grow to a pour, splattering seawater onto the starfighter.

The main hatch, unlike the wheel-locked other doors, seems to be slightly more high-tech and is electrically operated...there is a control pannel on the wall by the hatch, with some Mon Cal or Quarren writing on it flashing in red...

Crymoon
22 May 2005, 05:00 AM
Kerdan looks at the rest: "Anyone wanna try opening it or should I try.. I'm not so bad with computers.." he adds with a smile... "And shortly we will have to do it underwater.."

Jan Tolbara
22 May 2005, 05:16 AM
"SHUT UP AND DO IT!" exclaims Shadow right before she puts her aquata breather into her mouth and looks back to watch the rising water.

Jan Tolbara
22 May 2005, 05:52 AM
After a couple of seconds, Shadow looks over the group, when her eyes fall upon Kol.

"Oh, my! He doesn't have a breather!" races through Shadow's mind.

She looks at the water level once again, pulls her own breather out of her mouth and says sternly while pointing to Kol, "You! Get over here!"

Once Kol stands before her, she says, "We share this breather, if we need to. Got it?"

Once he agrees (if he agrees), she hands her breather to him.

Crymoon
22 May 2005, 11:46 AM
"SHUT UP AND DO IT!" exclaims Shadow

Kerdan was running to the panel even before she finished the sentence. Aquabreather was ready but not yet in his mouth as he got there. He knelt by the door and concentrated... His fingers began slowly punching the buttons but he increased the speed as his mind focused on the task...
There isn't much difference between opening this door and cheating when playing sabbacc - he thought to himself smiling lightly - I just gotta win... this time... open damn... open....

KnightStalker
22 May 2005, 12:23 PM
Crix holsters his blaster and pulls his breather from a belt pouch and prepares to stick it in his mouth as he watches the water start to rise. Moving over beside Kerdan at the panel, Crix starts thinking back to his days as an Imp Storm Commando cadet.

"Need a hand? Part of my prior career training included getting into secure places. Together we should be able to get this hatch open."

Crix then starts to look at the panel, to see if he can recognize the make and model.

OOC : If Crix recognizes the design, he'll try to remember how to get the panel open and rewire it to get it open.

SmugglerJedi
22 May 2005, 03:35 PM
"Uh, guys!" Kol says as he runs over to Shadow. "The main hatch is locked and some sort of override is in progress. Looks as if the breach protocols are the ones being overridden. Personally, I say screw creature comfort and jump in that fighter NOW!"


"We share this breather, if we need to. Got it?"

"Share a breather?" A smirk then begins to form on his face. "My my, an offer from the fearless leader. Is this an effort to open up further relations, because if it is, I'm honored." He puts his hand to his chest and says "Oh, you surely break my heart with your romantic virtues."

"Note to self: That is the worse thing I've ever said in my life. Commit suicide when I return to Nar Shaddaa."

SJ.

Crymoon
23 May 2005, 12:16 AM
"Need a hand? Part of my prior career training included getting into secure places. Together we should be able to get this hatch open."

Kerdan hears Crix voice as through the fog as he was trying to cut himself off from disturbances but he nodds a yes and moves slightly to a side to him him some place

"Any help welcome...We gotta open it or.... this thing is probbaly connected to the main computer... so we could make as much mess as possible to make the mainframe go haywire... This way not only we would be in deep trouble... Guys somebody check the ventilation... It's probably also shut down but maybe not so protected..." he finishes shouting not to anyone in particular

Ronin
24 May 2005, 06:51 AM
As both Crix and Kerdan study the lock, and begin trying to hotwire it, the floor rapidly becomes covered with seawater...and it's rising quickly.

Tresk and Garadios join you by the door in the 12o'clock security room as water floods into the hangar and the base continues to sink.

With a squeal of strained metal, the starfighter begins to slide across the hangar under the pressure of water hammering down on it.

With Kol looking over the two human males' shoulders and translating the Quarranese script, occasionally pointing something out only for one of the humans to bat his finger away, you think you've got a measure of the security protocols hardwired into the lock.

A loud, deep and decidedly negative buurrrrr emitted from the console is elicted by your initial efforts...

Crymoon
24 May 2005, 07:48 AM
Kerdan quickly reasseses the situation.

"Crix, try to get it open.. I'll try to shut other doors to give us a bit time..."

Without waiting for ackeldgement he quickly races to the door leading to the fighter bay and tries to shut the door...

coldskier0320
24 May 2005, 09:38 AM
As Tresk makes it to the door that Crix and Kerdan are hunched over, he glances over to Shadow and asks,

"Just what in blazes is going on?!"

Realizing that there's not much he can do to affect the seawater, or the base's descent, he asks Crix if there's anything he might be able to do for them.

((OOC: If Ronin allows, I can make a Dis Dev check to aid your check.))

Jan Tolbara
24 May 2005, 11:29 AM
"We've been discovered," Shadow replies determinedly, "and they're trying to resolve the situation by drowning us."

Realizing that they are in a security room, she starts looking around for any surveillance cameras in this room.

KnightStalker
24 May 2005, 06:57 PM
"Good Luck," Crix says to Kerdan as he hurries off to try closing the other doors, then to Tresk, he adds, "Any help would be most welcome, we need those vents checked and thew other doors shut to buy us more time, this lock's more stubborn than we first thought."

Crix will continue to work on the lock and get the door open.

OOC : Crix will try using any of the following skills he has that may apply to try to open the door :

Computer Use +5; Disable Device +6; Escape Artist +2; Repair +7

He will also use any tools from his Tool kit and Security Kit on the lock.

SmugglerJedi
25 May 2005, 09:37 AM
"This sucks." He looks worriedly between the others. "If you guys would listen to me I might be able to help...guess it wouldn't matter though. Anyone has a bet on whether or not that fighter will go through the water?"

As no one replies, he whispers meekly to Shadow, "I guess it's too late to mention I'm aquaphobic."

SJ.

Ronin
26 May 2005, 06:29 AM
With Tresk's assistance Crix's hands race to rewire the lock as the water gushing in rises halfway up your shins. Fishing various tools from your belt you pry open the lock's processor. You'd estimate you can try four more combinations before the processor suicides. Taking a deep breath you shift around and realign two of the fiberoptic cables.
#buurrrrr!#
Three more tries.

Kerdan races across the room and closes the door to the outer corridor with relative ease. He then heads across to the door to the hangar. Here the water is rushing in...you're totally soaked as you put all your weight against the door, fighting against the push of the water. The door slowly begins to close...you get it half way when you hear a thunderous screech and look up to find the Dagger being pushed toward the doorway by the water gushing in through the open iris!
If you don't hurry up with the door, the starfighter could wedge it open!

Shadow starts scanning the walls, finally spotting a small, rusted camera in the south-west corner of the room, positioned to watch the whole room. Beneath it is a panel that slides away to revel a powered-down security console.

Crymoon
26 May 2005, 09:10 AM
"I need help here!!! unless we want to have a dagger inside...."
Kerdan shouts to overcome the sound of rushing water and the screeching of the fighter as it comes closer and closer with its pointy nose towards the door...
"Hope nobody gets hit by it... It would be a nice hole..."

SmugglerJedi
26 May 2005, 01:07 PM
Kol looks around for a moment, from Kerdan to the others, back to Kerdan, back to the people working on the console. Fear starts to rise in throat, alongside the bile; when he wanted fun, he never wanted aquatic fun.

"Screw it," he mutters and races over to Kerdan's position, shoving all his weight into the door to wedge it close.

Smiling at his new - and possibly walking deadman - friend, Kol says, "You wouldn't happen to know if we could get a refund for those tickets, could you?"

SJ.

Jan Tolbara
26 May 2005, 01:43 PM
Looking at the door and the situation there, Shadow temporarily abandons her idea and rushes to Kerdan's aid. Putting all her strength into the door, she does all she can to get it shut.

Crymoon
26 May 2005, 01:45 PM
Kerdan smiles brigthly hearing a joke somehow outplace.
" Darn, I don't think so... We forgot to insure this trip.. !" he shouted over the waves trying to close the door
"Thanks for help anyway.. As I see others are too busy.. "
He nods his head seeing Shadow rush to help him and smiles a 'thank you' smile at her, which is a bit disfigured due to the waterbreather that he puts in his mouth, just in case.

SmugglerJedi
26 May 2005, 04:41 PM
"Hutts are notoriously bad insurance agents. What with paying them in food, your life, several gazillion credits - they get very touchy if you give them exactly what they want." As he talks, a hole opens up right in front of his eyes, and a wave of water spurts back. Focusing on the stream with an almost comical stare, he deliberately shoves his finger into the hole.

And then he screams. "Aaaahhhh! Something just bit me! Anyone here got extra shots for rabies? Please! I ain't joking here!"

SJ.

KnightStalker
26 May 2005, 08:08 PM
As the others are fighting to get the door closed, with Tresk's help Crix will continue to try to override the lock.

Ronin
27 May 2005, 06:16 AM
Tresk and Crix rapidly splice the lock's optic cables.
There. That oughta do it.
#buuuurrr!!!#
Pudu!

As Kol, Kerdan, Shadow and a particularly silent Garadios put their weight against the door, the sheer volume of water pushing through makes it a titanic effort ;)...and the Dagger looms.

With a thunderous crash the prow of the starfighter strikes the door, throwing the four of you back across the room and slamming the door wide open...the doorway buckles and the glass either side of the door shatters, pouring more water in...

...it's soon up to your waists.

Crymoon
27 May 2005, 10:08 AM
Kerdan gathers his strength to get up...

"Drat! Guys we won't be closing this door anytime soon... So hurry up unless you want to learn how to drown... If you can't we can use the fighters cannons to open it definetely..." He shouts over the sound of water rushing in. Then gets up and walks slowly through the water to help the others up.
"I can't think it's a bit like a crazy amusement park..." he mutters silently smiliging slightly...

"And by the way they will be waiting for us... So lock and load..." he shouts as he sees that Tresk and Crix are finishing the possible combinations. He then readies his blaster and checks ammo. "Shadow have you found an alternative way in... And shouldn't we disable this blasted camera" he points above the security console.

Jan Tolbara
27 May 2005, 02:52 PM
Shadow blasts the camera.

"It's disabled," she answers frankly.

"Crix," Shadow cries over the rushing water. "Get in that fighter and blast the doors open. Let them feel some of what we have gone through.

"Everyone else, get clear!"

Shadow fights against the current to get inside the hangar and out of the line of fire. If she cannot get into the hangar, she will resort to getting into the outer corridor.

KnightStalker
28 May 2005, 04:28 PM
Crix fights his way thru the rapidly rising water to the fighter and climbs in. Powering up the fighters weapon systems, Crix gives everybody enough time to get clear before targeting the uncooperative door and blasting it into fragments.

Ronin
28 May 2005, 07:04 PM
As Crix clambers in to the fighter, water sloshes in with him. Strapping in he gets the guns and repulsors warmed up as his comrades swim in to the hangar.

Shadow and Kerdan make it through the broken door and windows with ease, then help Garadios through, then Tresk and Kol who are struggling against the flow. As the last of you makes it through the to the hangar, the water level is reaching head height in the security room. Thankfully the hangar's ceiling is much higher, though water continues to pour in through the open iris.

As the starfighter continues to power up, the cockpit becomes submerged and the rest of you tread water.

Eventually, with everyone at the other side of the hangar, and the triple laser's gauge showing green, Crix rotates the fighter toward the armoured door as it rocks with the flow of water. As the targeting recticle settles over the door you gently squeeze the trigger.

Three crimson bolts streak out, boiling off clouds of steam and rocking the fighter backwards on the expanding bubble of gas. The lasers impact the door, buckling it but not breaching it. Yet.

The pod groans as the base continues to submerge. Those of you in treading water in the hangar look up to see the funnel of water surrounding the iris deepening, and the inflow increases. The sound is almost deafening...

coldskier0320
28 May 2005, 07:23 PM
Tresk finally scrabbles around and comes up with his Aquata breather, which he shoves into his mouth. He then goes underwater, where the noise of the rushing water will be dampened (no pun intended;)). Underwater, he searches for anything that might affect the group.

((OOC: Basically just staying out of the way for the time being. General purpose spot check too.))

Crymoon
29 May 2005, 12:03 AM
Kerdan, with his aquabreather in mouth, goes underwater and carefully looks around.
"Quarrens can swim... so they could try to jump on us... drat.. not good... not good... wait... not bad... we can't talk underwater so Kol will stop his stupid jokes...that's good... really good... " he thinks

SmugglerJedi
29 May 2005, 03:08 PM
"One's thing for sure - we're all going to be a lot wetter!" Kol looks frantically around, treading water like a maniac.

"Let's see, no blaster, no explosives, could really use another ship right now....wait a minute, do the turbolifts still work?" he thinks. He turns to Shadow and asks her:

"Think we can swim up, back into the turbolifts, and hide in there? How much of the base do you think is submerged?"

SJ.

KnightStalker
29 May 2005, 08:13 PM
When Crix sees that the door has merely buckled, he'll continue to fire at it until he gets a hole burned into it, or sees it collapse. He also check on the level of water in the room and makes sure he's got his aquata breather in his mouth.

Ronin
30 May 2005, 08:20 AM
With a scream of stressed metal the door buckles under the laser blasts and detonates inward with a roar of water and a stream of bubbles jet past the Dagger as the air is forced out of the connecting corridor. From this angle you can't see into the corridor...

The water level is a good few meters above the top of the cockpit...

SmugglerJedi
30 May 2005, 08:24 AM
Kol will try to get into the corridor (not too difficult, with all the blasted water) and attempt to do some forward recon and maybe snatch a blaster off a confused Quarren. As he slides by the fighter's cockpit, he waves a "thumbs-up" to Crix and hopes the man sees it.

Ronin
3 June 2005, 06:45 AM
Kol swims forward, the only unarmed member of the group, passing the Dagger as it drifts backwards...and into the security room. The lights were blew out by the force of the laser blasts, the room is dimly lit by light spilling in from the now-accessible corridor. The edges of the door are glowing orange as they cool and the surrounding walls are carbon-scored.

Swimming to the edge of the door you peek out and look into the corridor. Not more than a few meters in, the water is a dense cloud of dark red...as you look closer there seem to be fragments of...flesh, drifting in the vividly dyed water.

There's a blaster pistol slowly dropping to the deck at in the bottom of the cloud. You can't see how far the corridor extends...the cloud of crimson is still too thick...and you can't see if there's anyone on the otherside.

Given time the cloud should disperse...given time...

Crymoon
3 June 2005, 07:03 AM
Kerdan looks at the rest and points to the blaster and then to the corridor spreading the fingers and then shaking them as if shooting. Then gives an asking look towards Shadow who unknowning has been chosen as the leader..
"Good.. a leader in the group is always good... the enemies shoot them first... :P`

Jan Tolbara
3 June 2005, 07:57 AM
Shadow silently nods and moves toward the corridor as swiftly and quietly as possible with her blaster rifle ready to fire in an instant.

Ronin
4 June 2005, 07:28 PM
As Garadios follows Shadow to join Kol by the newly opened doorway in the security room, Tresk, Crix and Kerdan in the hangar bay watch as the whirlpool above them tightens: the room is almost full of water.

Peering into the corridor, Shadow's sharp eyes can see a couple of rough silhouettes through the cloud of blood and tissue...

KnightStalker
4 June 2005, 08:11 PM
With his aquata breather securely in his mouth, Crix quickly scrabbles out of the fighter, draws both his knife and blaster and joins Shadow and the others, ready fo fire at any hostile targets.

Ronin
4 June 2005, 09:13 PM
Eventually you're all gathered in the dark, laser-scorched security room, Kol, Shadow and Crix by the entrance to the connecting corridor, Garadios, Kerdan and Tresk behind them.

The roar of the whirlpool gradually lessens and finally stops as the hangar is filled with water.

A whisper of the blood cloud creeps out of the corridor and into the room. And all is silent.

Jan Tolbara
5 June 2005, 05:18 AM
After drawing her baton to supplement her blaster rifle, Shadow gets her breather from Kol for a couple of quick breaths and signals to the others that two others are in there.

SmugglerJedi
5 June 2005, 08:19 AM
As Kol gives the breather to Shadow, he pushes off and attempts to grab the floating blaster pistol, allowing himself to get engulfed by the cloud of blood.

"How will I ever clean my clothes?"

[OOC: Spot check to see anything on the other side of the cloud.]

SJ.

Ronin
6 June 2005, 04:09 AM
Kol pushes off, scoops up the blaster (noting it's a Merr-Sonn Power 5) and drifts through the blood cloud...spotting a pair of humanoid silhouettes some ten meters beyond the edge of the cloud...which is is rapidly approaching...

Ronin
14 June 2005, 04:23 PM
As Kol moves through the cloud of blood, Kerdan, Shadow and Crix watch his progress...Tresk and Garadios keep an eye on the rear...

and they spot movement in the hangar. With the pod now full of water it's hell to see at a distance...but as it come closer you recognise the undulating movement of the kamisoriera, it's three independant eyes scanning the base. Damned thing musta been sucked in with all the water...

coldskier0320
15 June 2005, 06:25 PM
Spotting the rather ugly animal, Tresk nearly gets himself a lungful of Mon Cal ocean and he gasps involuntarily. Quickly, he finds any available cover, which he scrablles over to, before ducking behind it and staying motionless, gazing at the fish in the murky haze through his rifle's scope. Hopefully the same evasion tactics would work twice with the dangerous looking fish...

Crymoon
15 June 2005, 09:57 PM
Seeing Tresk's strange behaviour Kerdan turns around to see what happens trying to hide behind arts of the blasted door...

SmugglerJedi
16 June 2005, 04:04 AM
As Kol turns to his pals and indicate the beings he sees in the water, he sees the other being - the very large and extremely ugly monster who might just eat him right now. He snorts up more water, nearly chokes to death, and tries to drift over by a console. Meanwhile, he glances back at the dark figures, glances at the monster, glances back at the dark figures, then tries to keep himself as "invisible" as possible.

[OOC: Hide check underneath console!]

Jan Tolbara
16 June 2005, 04:47 AM
Seeing Kol head for the console and knowing that he's due for a new breath, Shadow heads in his direction, hoping to find enough space under that console for her as well. If all else fails, she hopes and prays that the E-11 she picked up earlier has been modified to work underwater.

Ronin
17 June 2005, 06:22 AM
As everyone quickly swims for cover, but trying not to attract the creature's attention, it swims close and closer to the security room...past the Dagger and pokes it's nose through the door into the security room. Everyone does their best to be invisible...

The kamisoriera moves further into the room, pushing itself through the doorway with it's flippers...and into the middle of the room...
now it's closer you can see that it's three eyes all seem to be fixed on the doorway to the corridor...

Ronin
26 June 2005, 05:49 PM
Eventually it dawns on you all: the great beast has been attracted by the cloud of blood...

the three eyes lock onto the red mist and the beast charges forth, mouth wide open, tail thrashing with anticipation. It rockets forth into the corridor...through the cloud of blood and down the corridor.

After a few second you hear a couple of blaster shots, then silence.

Unfortunately either the kamisoriera or whoever was shooting at it is probably still at the end of that corridor...which is where you wanna be.

Ronin
26 June 2005, 05:55 PM
basic map

SmugglerJedi
27 June 2005, 07:30 AM
Kol turns to Shadow and makes a motion where his left hand pulls away from his right, which then tosses an object down the corridor. He looks at her for confirmation.

[OOC: Grenade.]

Jan Tolbara
27 June 2005, 01:26 PM
Shadow points to herself and shakes her head "No" before taking a big breath and handing the aquata breather to Kol.

Ronin
30 June 2005, 08:01 AM
As the seconds pass, there's no movement from the corridor...

(OOC: you're move people. The pirates can breath underwater...your aquata breathers have a limited capacity...)

Crymoon
30 June 2005, 09:59 AM
Kerdan waves to get Shadows attention then points at the blaster and then at each of his companions then at the door and indicates shooting.
He points to points of the rbeached door that would provide good protection for the shooters.

coldskier0320
30 June 2005, 02:15 PM
Tresk swims over to the door, and, poking his head through, checks to see what's on the other side. If all is clear, he'll swim to the other side and wave for the others to come through as he guards their exodus from the fighter bay.

Jan Tolbara
3 July 2005, 06:22 AM
Seeing Kerdan's signal, Shadow nods and swims over to the doorway to take a peek with Tresk.

Ronin
3 July 2005, 06:33 AM
As Shadow and Tresk peek around the remains of the door you can see into the main corridor better: the cloud of blood has pretty much dispersed in the beast's wake...and you can see the huge predator feasting on a pair of now-dead Quarren at the far end of the corridor.
No, wait! One of the Quarren still has a head, but his right arm is deep in the beast's mouth.
With a wrench, the beast severs the arm, spraying blood out into the water.
The Quarren collapses and the kamisoriera begins feasting.

Crymoon
3 July 2005, 08:45 AM
Kerdan takes a new position by the door to have a clear line of shot. He begins sloly aiming at the beast waiting for a signal to shoot.

SmugglerJedi
4 July 2005, 02:15 PM
Kol also looks around the corner, but as he sees the big fishie eating, he barfs, nearly choking on the water, and swims back underneath the console.

<i>This is disgusting. Sithspawn, that is disgusting. I feel sick.</i>

coldskier0320
5 July 2005, 08:03 AM
Back on the otehr side of the door, Tresk shrugs to his companions. To Shadow, in particular, he mimes pulling a trigger at the fish, then shrugs again. While certainly not the most pleasant thing he'd ever witnessed, Tresk was made of sterner stuff than the weird looking smuggler they'd picked up. Irritated, and a little worried by the Sakiyan's upchucking, he wonders if the puke will attract the fish to them...

Jan Tolbara
6 July 2005, 03:12 PM
Shadow scowls at Kol, especially since it is her breather that he vomited in.

She turns back to Tresk, nods, points to her new blaster rifle and to Kerdan.

With that, she looks to the rest of the team to check if they are ready to possibly face the beast. Once done, she will aim her blaster at the creature and prepare to fire, waiting on Kerdan's cue.

Crymoon
7 July 2005, 02:49 AM
Seeing everyone is ready Kerdan waves his hand and begans taking careful aimed shots, trying to make as much damage as possible.


Let's do it quickly... SWiming is not the thing that I love most, and swimming in vomits and blood is definetely not my favorite way of spending my time... Drat Why could I have won some big money and be at some wonderful casino with lots of girls and wine and cash... Life's so unfair - he finished smiling slightly at his thoughts at the comparison of neat casino with his current situation.

Jan Tolbara
7 July 2005, 05:36 AM
As soon as Kerdan begins firing, Shadow follows suit and fires at the kamisoriera.

Ronin
7 July 2005, 07:04 AM
Distractedly munching on the fallen pirate, the big fishy predator takes bolts from Shadow, Tresk and Kerdan full in the flank...blowing off scales and melting the flesh beneath. The beast writhes in agony and comes about, seeking the source of it's pain.
It's eyes lock onto you and it darts back up the corridor toward you, a trail of blood leaking from it's heavily wounded side. In a couple of seconds it will be on you...

SmugglerJedi
7 July 2005, 07:46 AM
Encouraged by his friends' action, Kol aims his own blaster and fires into the beast's face. As it come closer, he starts to aim for the eyes, hoping to blind it.

<i>Take that, you ugly peice of 'hoojik'!</i>

[OOC: You have my stats, right?]

Ronin
7 July 2005, 08:14 AM
As Kol brings up his newly acquired blaster into the aim, through the cloud of rapidly dispersing vomitus, he only now notices how badly warped the barrel is! When Crix's laser blasts took out the door and vapourised the guard behind it, his weapon also took a sever beating. You hadn't noticed until now...but if you pull the trigger you can't be sure what'll happen...

coldskier0320
7 July 2005, 10:01 AM
Tresk gazes through the scope on his rifle, it's low-light capabilities greatly enhancing his sight picture. Since the fish is coming pretty much striaght at him, its fairly easy, if a little unnerving, to stay on target. Waiting till the fish is within a comfortable kill range, he squeezes the trigger, hoping to bring the beast down.

Jan Tolbara
7 July 2005, 11:23 AM
Shadow continues firing as rapidly as possible, her mind clear of thoughts and acting only on instinct. She knows she can't swim out of its way in time, but she can try to hurt it as much as possible before it reaches her.

Crymoon
7 July 2005, 10:27 PM
Kerdan seeing the fish coming faster nad faster at them thinks
She won't be able to turn in spot though her turning angle will be realy small. Wonder where she will swim over the door. ...?

he tries to calculate a place where the blown door would give him some cover on the floor level where he could attack the beast from below still shooting at the beast he moves to that position and lays in waiting.

SmugglerJedi
8 July 2005, 07:58 AM
<i>What? Oh, this is not happening, this is not happening!</i>

Kol drops the useless blaster pistol, extremely unhappy that nothing has gone well for him yet. The pistol won't do any good now...but then an idea forms. As Kerdan finds cover, Kol does the same, getting back underneath his console as he thinks of SOMETHING.

[OOC: Kol hates you, Ronin. He really really hates ya`. :D ]

Ronin
10 July 2005, 06:21 PM
By the time the bloody hunk of meat, which up until a few second ago used to be a great predator of the oceans, comes to rest with it's wide jaws scant centimeters from Kol's face, it has been reduced to something which one would expect to find hanging in a butcher's window.

It's three eyes stare vacantly in different directions.

coldskier0320
10 July 2005, 06:24 PM
Wasting no time on the pleasantries, Tresk impatiently motions to the far end of the corridor. swimming ahead to take the lead, he hopes the others with again take up their standard positions in the procession...

Jan Tolbara
10 July 2005, 09:03 PM
Shadow pushes herself toward the corridor and waits for the rest to swim after Tresk while watching for any more aquatic visitors coming their way. She motions for them to hurry, so she can find an air pocket REALLY soon. As soon as they have passed, Shadow will take her position at the back of the party and continue to watch their collective backs.

Crymoon
10 July 2005, 11:33 PM
Kerdn quckly swims towars the beast an with oe quick move of his right hand, still holdingthe blster, breaks one of the beasts teeth and puts it in his pocket, then swims into his position.

SmugglerJedi
11 July 2005, 07:12 AM
<i>Thank the stars I can't smell anything in this water. That breath could probably kill a Dornan rancor.</i>

Kol shivers as he swims past the teeth of the large critter, afraid it might just rear up and eat him. He swims up to Shadow and, wiping it on his sleeve, passes the aquata breather to her. <i>Hope she doesn't hold that against me for long.</i> He casts one frightful glance over his shoulder towards the beast, then rapidly swims up the corridor, doing his best not to fall behind. Of course, since he isn't a Grade A swimmer, it's sort of comical.

Jan Tolbara
11 July 2005, 11:29 AM
Shadow violently shakes the breather around in the water and uses her gloved finger to clean it as best as possible before joining the back of the line.

coldskier0320
11 July 2005, 07:01 PM
Catching Shadow's movemets out of the corner of his eye, and eventually piecing together what had happened, an exasperated Tresk halts the group and, with one last roll of the eyes for Kol's benefit, offers his breather to Shadow for a quick breath while she worked on the...soiled one. He then continues toward the other end of the corridor...

Jan Tolbara
11 July 2005, 08:35 PM
With a hint of a smile, Shadow accepts Tresk's offer and takes a deep, desperately-needed breath. She hands it back to the Bothan and finishes the last bits of cleaning her breather while joining the line.

Finally satisfied with the results, she places her breather back in her mouth, prepared to taste some semblance of bile and vomit. Shadow is momentarily surprised to find only the taste of Calamarian ocean water.

"Hmmm," Shadow thinks to herself as she takes a glance behind her and continues swimming, "either it got cleaned well enough, or Sakiyan vomit has no taste. I'll go with the former."

Ronin
16 July 2005, 12:40 AM
As the six of you reach the far end of the corridor and begin to take a look at the large blast door that should take you into the main central pod, the light on the door pannel suddenly changes from red to green and it begins to iris open!
You momentarily catch sight of a guard at the opposite side of the room frantically pounding on the door, and another one loading his blaster rifle...before all the water in this corridor suddenly pours through the open door and dumps the six of you in amongst the evidently equally surprised pair of Mon Cals.

(the room is pretty much a 5x5m box, resembling the security rooms you found in the outer pod though this one is better equipped: monitors on the right wall, lockers on the left).

Crymoon
16 July 2005, 01:25 AM
Kerdan tries to find the first thing he can catch and hold on to with his left hand while trying to aim with his right at the Moncal with rifle..

In holovids it always worked... maybe will work this time...

Jan Tolbara
16 July 2005, 09:52 AM
Shadow blasts the Mon Cal with the rifle before being poured into the security room. In the event that he is taken out before she fires, she will target the other one.

SmugglerJedi
18 July 2005, 07:18 AM
Kol will attempt to slam into the Mon Cal with the rifle and yank it from his hands. And then promptly attempt to knock the Mon Cal unconscious.

coldskier0320
18 July 2005, 01:09 PM
With his own rifle slung across his back, Tresk is equally surprised at being washed into the room. Landing hard on his hands and kness to avoid damaging his prized weapon, he works his way into a kneeling position, jerking his pistol out of the back of his belt as he does so. Not bothering to remove the Aquata breather, he fires at the nearest of the lobsters.

Ronin
23 July 2005, 07:17 AM
Kerdan manages to grab the edge of the door as the water and his comrades thunder into the room. Struggling against the flow of seawater, his shoulder threatens to dislocate itself as he lines up a shot with his pistol on the Mon Cal who is trying to simultaneously keep his feet and bring up his own rifle to bear...
and Kerdan's shot goes wild as his arm is buffeted by water.

Bringing his rifle up to aim at the most obvious target: the human danging horizontally from the doorframe and shooting at him, the rifle-weilding Mon Cal pops off a shot...which zips past Kerdan's head and ricochets down the corridor.

Kol, on the otherhand, rides the surge of water and piles right into the pirate, taking the pair of them to the deck. Luckily Kol lands with the pirate on the bottom, slamming the Mon Cal's head against the deck (3WP!) and knocking him out!

As soon as Tresk's feet hit the deck his pistol whips out and into the aim. A single bolt takes the Mon Cal by the door in the middle of the back, crumpling him to the floor.

No sooner has Shadow drawn a bead than it's all over. Crix and Garadios pick themselves up to find they too haven't been left a slice of the action...though the water thundering through the half open door is a great reminder: within seconds this room too will be filled with water!

Crymoon
23 July 2005, 11:03 AM
Kerdan let's the door and looks around.

"Well it should have worked... " he says smiling "but nevertheless it went quite well."

"Shadow, what now?"

Jan Tolbara
23 July 2005, 12:03 PM
"Kerdan," Shadow cries over the roar of incoming water while pointing at the control panel on the wall behind her, "you and Kol get to the panel over there and find the switch to shut the hatch.

"Garadios," she continues, "guard the other door.

"Everyone else, try to find another way to shut that door!"

Without waiting for a response, Shadow makes her way to the door they just came through and begins searching for a manual override control.

coldskier0320
23 July 2005, 02:55 PM
As Kerdan and Kol try shutting the door electronically, Tresk scans the console for some sort of emergency shutdown for the door...

Crymoon
23 July 2005, 11:35 PM
Kerdan runs to the panel hiding his gun and trying to bring some blood into his tired hands. He then tries to gain controll over the door as fast as it possible.

Ronin
27 July 2005, 06:19 AM
Kerdan easily finds the door's control pannel, and with Kol's translating of the keys, manages to shut the door with the water only up to your knees.

Garadios takes up a position to one side of the door, his vibrorapier drawn, Crix covering him with his blaster pistol.

SmugglerJedi
27 July 2005, 07:21 AM
"Well that was fun," Kol says, smiling as he pats the blaster rifle he had recently acquired. "Kerdan, let me get to that console; I'll try to find some sort of map or something. With any luck, we can find the <i>kaam</i> hanger bay and get out of here. Or maybe hack the computer system and find whoever you're looking for."

[OOC: Sorry I'm late; I was sick lately.]

Jan Tolbara
27 July 2005, 12:25 PM
"While you're at it," adds Shadow, "see if you can find a way to drain the water. No use in having it follow us any further."

SmugglerJedi
29 July 2005, 07:43 AM
"Ah, panties getting wet, princess?" Kol smirks. "Don't worry, I'll drain this sucker ASAP. I like swimming around inside a toilet-bowl as much as you do. Kinda confusing, though - I mean, the controls must be here, somewhere, but I always Quarrens liked to swim around in here. I thought Quarren bases were submerged all the time." He shrugs. "Ah well, that's the whackjob of a galaxy for you."

[OOC: Ronin: Do you roll, or do I? I forgot. :o ]

Jan Tolbara
30 July 2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by SmugglerJedi
"Ah, panties getting wet, princess?" Kol smirks.

"WHAT?!" exclaims Shadow as she stares laser beams at the Sakiyan.

While Kol continues his statement, Shadow storms over to stand right in front of him. Once he is done, she grabs him by the collar and slams him into the wall next to the control panel.

"I decided to let you free," Shadow sneers into Kol's face. "I can throw you back into that cell with your three 'buddies'. While we are on this run, you will keep your unprofessional remarks to yourself and act like you want to keep that skin of yours. Am I clear?!"

Crymoon
30 July 2005, 10:55 PM
Kerdan tries to wipe the smirk out of his face but fails big time...He keeps on working on the pad but it goes much slower without the translations...

Wow, our princess... princess sounds great... has some great fire in her... I like that in women... Hmmm have to buy her a present when we get out of here... correction... if we get out of here... He thinks trying to look as innocent as possible and again fails.

Hope that my skill with computer is better then my present acting ability...

coldskier0320
31 July 2005, 01:00 PM
Witnessing all the joking, then the subsequent agression, Tresk sighs, rolls his eyes, then finally speaks, "Could we please re-integrate some professionalism into the situation? Kol, shut up about Shadow, get over there and help Kerdan with that console. Kerdan, please let it go. And Shadow, you're better than this, let's check the security monitors, see if we can't find this Yolik fellow."

Jan Tolbara
31 July 2005, 03:02 PM
Without a word, Shadow releases Kol and continues to glare at him as he moves back to the panel. Once he and Kerdan return to their task, the anger on Shadow's face melts away. She turns and wades over to Tresk.

"Sorry about that," Shadow softly speaks. "Something about unequal treatment gets under my skin, as you have noticed. Where are those security monitors?"

Ronin
1 August 2005, 04:37 AM
As the tension eases, Kerdan and Kol manage to fully close the door and activate vents that open up around the doorframe and begin draining the water from the room...

Shadow and Tresk struggle with the language at the security terminal, but a bit of fiddling with the computer brings up a basic over-view of the central pod.
Trying to access the security cameras covering the corridor outside the room, you find your access blocked. Even as you try hacking the system, there seems to be another user countering your efforts...

SmugglerJedi
1 August 2005, 07:46 AM
"Can you say 'mental problems in a bottle?' Sheesh, what is wrong with you? Got a rancor up your rear or something?"

Kol turns back to the console. "Professionalism. Ha! Professionalism my butt. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't exist. Never did. What one person calls professionalism another one calls, well, they call it something entirely else, I'm sure. But why are you - <i>all</i> of you - so stuck up like that? Sheesh, I'd thought you guys were banging the Outer Rim for a few years. I've been doing it for, oh, almost a decade, probably more now, and if its one thing I've learned, 'professionalism' equates with being dead real fast."

He fiddles with the console some more. When the vents open and the water begins draining, he breathes a sigh of relief. "Ah, much better. Now, where's the control to activate that pleasant music they give you when you're on hold? I think we could use some right now. Oh, and cocoa butter air freshners, too."

Kol then turns to Kerdan. "Pal, don't be an actor, seriously. I have three years experience acting in front of a Hutt. I know you just can't do it. Not now anyways." Kol then casts a surreptious look at Shadow. "Though she is <i>far</i> beyond a Hutt."

[OOC: PS, I hope you aren't angry at me. It's all Kol's fault, seriously!]

Crymoon
1 August 2005, 11:02 AM
kerdan doesn't stop smiling as he turns towards Kol "maybe I'm such a great actor as I have fooled even you in believeng i'm so miserable.... You're pretty quick to judge others being in a hostile environment.. You really shouldn't make enemies of the only.... well friends is a word much too big for this occasion.. but let's say companions who can save your hide... So be really careful coz we value professionalism as it is what stands between us and death..." the smile doesn't disappear out of kerdan face but his eyes become much colder "So just to be perfectly clear, we arrived here without a translator and we can leave without one, so if you make just one such reamark towards Shadow or anyone else I'll just kill you with my bare hands not to waste any energy in the blasters which will surely become useful in near future. It's quite nice of you to be helping us but quit those smart-ass remarks and let's get out of this damn base.

he then turns his attention towards Tresk and Shadow.
"You need a hand with that panel? Maybe we two can help he finishes still smiling pointing to Kol and himself.

Jan Tolbara
2 August 2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by SmugglerJedi
"Can you say 'mental problems in a bottle?' Sheesh, what is wrong with you? Got a rancor up your rear or something?"

"Kol," Shadow says, trying to remain calm. "You don't know when to shut up, do you?"

Turning to face him again from across the room, she continues, "Because, you are millimeters away from being shot and left behind to die. The ONLY reason you are still breathing is because you understand this mynock scratch they call a language. You keep your mouth flapping, though, and I'll decide we can do without your services.

"So, act professional by keeping your mouth shut and getting the job done, or you're going to find a blaster bolt up YOUR rear."


[OOC: PS, I hope you aren't angry at me. It's all Kol's fault, seriously!]

OOC: No, just playing character.

Jan Tolbara
2 August 2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Crymoon
"You need a hand with that panel? Maybe we two can help," he finishes still smiling pointing to Kol and himself.

Shadow glances at Tresk and replies, "Okay, have at it." She steps aside to let Kol and Kerdan access the panel.

Crymoon
2 August 2005, 11:08 PM
OOc: sorry for the lack of spaces in the last post...

Kerdan looks at Kol and smiles brightly again.

"C'mon let's do something right now... and if we get out of here alive we'll let you joke about this situation and be verrry sarrrcastic for at least half an hour... And if we don't like what we hear we can always shoot you later..." he finishes with a big grin starting his work at the panel.

"You know, not being in a hostile base but in a friendly bar with a pint of Correlian ale can change a perspective on what others are saying...I have another proposition - we get out of this alive and earn some money and we two will make a stroll through some casinos... how about that? But for the time being let's crack this damn security panel.." he finishes as his fingers start to dance over more and more familiar setting of the panel.

"How is 'scan' in MonCal...?"

SmugglerJedi
3 August 2005, 07:09 AM
Kol turns to the console and starts working. "Not much of a gambler myself, actually. Never wanted to risk it all in a game of chance. I'm more for the excitement of outflying stupid Imperial pilots, running from the customs officials, and beating a Hutt at his own game. Never was a fan for incredible wealth. Adrenaline was always my paycheck."

He fires a look back at Shadow but decides to finally knock it off. <i>Guess I'll have to wait until we're all in a bar before I get her to cool.</i>

Ronin
17 August 2005, 06:36 AM
Kerdan's fingers race over the console's keys, or as fast as Kol can translate for him...
There's no direct scan function for the whole base...it seems to be too old, and the pirates must have cut costs and not bothered updating the technology....plus you can still feel that there is someone else in the system...a pirate slicer perhaps...though you're managing to best their efforts to counter your intrusion....though it is slowing your own progress.



SCAN - corridor outside sector 2.


One of the screens above the console comes to life with a strange fish-eye lense view. It takes a little while to figure out what you're seeing, but it seems the camera is mounted in the ceiling outside the door, in the corridor running around the main pod's perimeter.
You immediately notice the two Quarren with blaster rifles peering round each corner, one standing, the other kneeling to catch anyone who opens the door in a nasty crossfire.



SCAN - LOCATE - Tau, Yolikk.
Scanning.
Scanning.
Scanning.

Then, unbelievably, a smiling face appears next to an arrow marked "UP" in the middle of the display.

SmugglerJedi
17 August 2005, 06:51 AM
Kol turns to Kerdan and says, "I swear to the galaxy I didn't put that up there." But he smirks as he turns back to the console. "But I guess there is someone here with a sense of humor just like me. Either that, or..." and with a sudden dash of fear he looks up to the ceiling.

[OOC: Anything there?]

Ronin
17 August 2005, 07:11 AM
And there in the middle of the ceiling did Kol find, encrusted with dirty, a silvery dome about the size of a clenched fist.

Jan Tolbara
17 August 2005, 07:57 AM
With a frown, Shadow blasts the silvery dome that has been spying on them.

"See if you can scan around those corners and check if they have any backup.

"Tresk, Crix, Garadios, I've got an idea.

"In a minute, we open the door and sit quietly for a few seconds to gauge their reaction. After that, two of us start blindly firing along the near wall down the corridor in both directions, while the other two wait at the doorway. Kerdan will keep us informed as to what they're doing while this is going on. If they move toward the door while avoiding the blaster fire, the others blast them when they come into view. If they back off, the others rush them and take them out.

"Thoughts?"

Crymoon
17 August 2005, 08:23 AM
Kerdan picks up the silvery sphere and looks at it carefully..

"Maybe it was mounted by the guy we are looking for...As for the pirates they rather wouldn't announce where they cameras are... So how about we try to talk to the guy for it seems to me that he is on the other side of this line.." he finishes showing the panel he was working on with Kol.

KnightStalker
21 August 2005, 08:56 PM
OOC : Okay, time to get back into the action since reviving my modem.

IC :

Crix responds to Shadow, "Sounds good to me, so who fires down the corridor and who blasts the goons if they avoid the shots and step into view?"

SmugglerJedi
23 August 2005, 02:51 PM
"I'm going with Kerdan on this one," Kol says. "I think the gambler has a point. Why would someone put that face there and draw attention to the dome, if they didn't want to communicate with us? Quarren aren't known for their mindgames - at least not in my experiences, possibly different in yours - and this might even be that guy you're looking for." At that he raises his hands. "Not that I know anything about your guy; I'm only making a suggestion. How blasted is that thing anyways? Does it still work, or can I put it on my ship as a hood ornament?"

Kol then frowns. "Wait, wait I had to do something...oh yeah!" He begins scanning around the corner. "Now is it the sage button or the blue button that does the scanning?" he adds with a wink to Shadow.

coldskier0320
25 August 2005, 08:47 AM
"In a minute, we open the door and sit quietly for a few seconds to gauge their reaction. After that, two of us start blindly firing along the near wall down the corridor in both directions, while the other two wait at the doorway. Kerdan will keep us informed as to what they're doing while this is going on. If they move toward the door while avoiding the blaster fire, the others blast them when they come into view. If they back off, the others rush them and take them out.

"Sounds like aplan. I'll shoot down the hall. Garadios can take any that get close. What will you two do?", he asks Crix and Shadow. With his rifle, Tresk knows he's best suited to shooting distance, while his Kel Dor friend would be most skilled at dealing with nearer enemies.

Jan Tolbara
29 August 2005, 06:25 AM
"Crix," Shadow interjects, "shoot down the other direction. I'll stand with Garadios."

KnightStalker
29 August 2005, 06:20 PM
Briefly glancing at the others where they stand, Crix takes up his position, ready to fire down the corridor if necessary.

"All set. Kerdan, are they moving towards the doors, or backing off?"

Ronin
31 August 2005, 05:05 PM
As Kol's fingers move towards the scanning console the screens flicker, turn to static briefly, flicker again...and die. It seems someone turned either this, or every, monitoring station offline.

At the same time Tresk and Crix begin firing left and right down the corridor. The pirates who were advancing round each corner immediately duck back around the corner away from the gunfire. When the two of you stop shooting you can hear the pirates' footfalls as they run away...

SmugglerJedi
2 September 2005, 08:31 AM
Kol's eyes turn into slits as he glares angrily at the computer. "What is it with every second rate pirate base using the same version of that crappy Viewport EM operating system? Kerdan, can you get this station online again? I'm no slicer, but I can help."

And just in case, he hefts his blaster rifle and begins to focus on whatever sounds are coming through the base, just in case the pirate's retreat was a false one...

Crymoon
7 September 2005, 06:10 AM
"ok, guys we have got a joker here... And I don't mean Kol this time...There's good news and bad news... The bad news is: We can't see them... The good news is they rather can't see us... If I had access to some proper computer terminal or at best the main computer I might do something but not from here, so I think we better go..." he finishes with a bow and a smile. "And there's something else... If this damn pirate hacker isn't friendly they know now who we're looking for.. So we better hurry..." he takes out his blaster and wait for Shadow orders.

Jan Tolbara
7 September 2005, 06:21 AM
"Agreed," responds Shadow. "Form up."

Shadow will take her position at the end of the line and waits for everyone else to take their place.

While she waits, she states, "Tresk, head to the right."

coldskier0320
7 September 2005, 08:20 AM
"Tresk, head to the right."

"With pleasure, m'lady", Tresk nods curtly, then crouches in the doorway, popping a few hasty cover shots to the right. Over his shoulder, he announces to the group, "On three...one...two...three!"

Tresk launches himself across the hall, willing himself to be a difficult target. Twisting as he gets to the other side, he fires wildly down the left side of the corridor. Then he heads down the right side, weapon held up in the ready position, scanning his scope for targets.

Jan Tolbara
7 September 2005, 10:53 AM
As soon as everyone follows, Shadow will watch the left side with blaster ready to fire as she makes her way down the right corridor. If anyone appears, she will shoot at them and move for the right corner while providing cover.

Ronin
9 September 2005, 06:52 AM
Blaster bolts from your weapons scorching the walls of the corridor to the left and to the right, as the rapid footfalls of the enemy receed, Tresk leads the way to the right. Reaching the corner he pauses and peers round to check it's clear.
No one in sight.
And everyone ceasing fire it's suddenly very, very quiet...only the creak of metal from the blastpoints on the walls.

Ronin
9 September 2005, 07:26 AM
El basico mappo

Jan Tolbara
9 September 2005, 08:00 AM
Shadow glances ahead, then back to the left corner and waits anxiously for a response from Tresk.

Crymoon
9 September 2005, 12:40 PM
Kerdan's finger rests on the blaster's trigger aching, as he awaits Shadow orders. But suddenly he smiles brightly but says nothing.

Bet Kol will say something funny in such a situation.. Can't wait to hear it.... he thinks

coldskier0320
9 September 2005, 02:20 PM
Looking down the corridor, Tresk looks over the group's collective heads to Shadow, shrugs, then gives the all clear. Slowly and stealthily, he makes his way down the hallway...

Jan Tolbara
9 September 2005, 02:25 PM
Shadow signals for the group to move ahead and continues watching everyone's back.

SmugglerJedi
10 September 2005, 05:48 PM
Kol turns around and points his blaster rifle down the other corridor, just in case someone tries to sneak up behind them. He hums softly to himself and offers up nervous glances to the others.

"If there is one thing worse than being a sardine stuck in a sardine can, it's having all the other sardines aiming blaster rifles at you..."

Jan Tolbara
11 September 2005, 01:13 AM
Shadow holds a finger up to where her lips would be seen, if the mask was not in place over her head, to silence Kol and urges him to move on.

Ronin
11 September 2005, 08:13 AM
Tresk moves forward to the next corner and, rifle ready in the aim, peeps round into the corridor following the outer wall of the central pod. Seeing it's clear, he almost steps forward, only to spot the carefully placed tripwire a hand's width from the floor, and the grenade at the end of the wire.
Clearly the pirates expected you to rush round the corner as they retreated...and to blow your legs off in the process.

As Tresk reaches the corner, the sound of rapid footsteps comes from the opposite corner...approaching the corner Shadow is covering with her E-11...

Crymoon
11 September 2005, 09:17 AM
Kerdan kneels leaving Tresk to deal with the tripwire and aims at the corner where the steps are coming from...

"Tresk" he whispers "We could need that granade..."

He looks at Shadow smiling slightly "How about I jump out... though it would be a bit to heroish for me... 'Cos if the toss a grande here we're doomed.. Just cover me, ok?" And he gathers his strength to jump the corner going as low as possible but waits for the signal.

coldskier0320
13 September 2005, 12:36 PM
Tresk holds a finger to his mouth to quiet Kerdan, and nods his understanding. Kneeling down to the wire, he set to work, disabling the impromptu trap. If the explosive can be salvaged, he will make his best efforts to spare it. But avoiding an accident is his priority.

Jan Tolbara
15 September 2005, 06:26 AM
Shadow moves as much around the corner to get as much cover as possible and prepares to fire at the first pirate that comes around the corner.

Ronin
15 September 2005, 06:54 AM
Tresk drops to a knee and begins to examine the grenade and the trip wire...the grenade's a normal C-16 frag, contact-bonded to the corridor's inner wall, with a monofilament wire strung from the grenade's pin to a strut on the outer wall...cutting the wire should make it safe.

Meanwhile, Kerdan and Shadow prepare themselves as the running footsteps slow and a black-clad Quarren peeks round the opposite corner, his E-5 carbine in the aim.
Kerdan leaps across the corridor landing prone against the opposite wall as Shadow fires from a pose mirroring that of the pirate...Shadow's shot goes wide (rolled a 2!) showering sparks off the wall behind the pirate. Clearly her rifle's former owner didn't keep the sights in particularly good order...
though he hit the deck hard, Kerdan's shot strikes home: burning deep into the pirate's upper left arm and eliciting a scream of pain (9WP gone!) though the pirate doesn't drop, his aim is thrown off and his shot burns into the floor centimeters infront of Kerdan's torso...

Crymoon
15 September 2005, 07:50 AM
"Sithspit!" shouts Kerdan and smilingly pulls the trigger again...

"if I know my luck I'll miss..." he thinks hoping that someone will shoot the pirate before him.

Jan Tolbara
15 September 2005, 08:06 AM
"Damn it!" cries Shadow, as she compensates and fires again.

coldskier0320
15 September 2005, 09:29 AM
Tresk was just about to snip the wire when a flurry of blasterfire nearly made him bump the wire, "Keep it down back there...", Tresk mutters under his breath, trusting his friends to guard his back as he carefully cuts the wire...

((OOC: Edited to jive with Ronin's map. ;) Thanks man. Also, Disable Device check, if you couldn't tell.;)))

Ronin
15 September 2005, 05:50 PM
Just a quick map to ensure you know where you are...

SmugglerJedi
16 September 2005, 02:48 PM
[OOC: Sorry I'm late...]

Kol peaks around the corner when the blaster bolts stop (briefly), takes aim at the pirate, and fires. For once he says absolutely nothing, a little ashamed his voice might have attracted the pirates back to their location, and he knows that they aren't after autographs...not that he would be giving any out, that is...

KnightStalker
17 September 2005, 05:11 PM
OOC : Was busy with some other stuff, otherwise I'd have posted something sooner.

IC :

Seeing that Tresk is about to cut the wire, and concerned about the attempted attacks from behind the group, Crix rushes over to the others to lend a hand in holding off the pirates as Tresk deals with the grendade.

Ronin
17 September 2005, 06:02 PM
Shadow and Kerdan fire again but in the panic both shots go wide. As Crix steps up to the corner too it becomes extremely difficult to cram the four of you into such a small area...and Crix's shot also goes into the wall....but thankfully Kol's shot strikes home.
The pirate takes the bolt in the face and crumples to the deck...
only for a hulking tower of a Mon Cal to step over his corpse, leveling the flared barrel of a flamethrower.
Suddenly the corridor is awash with waves of fire...
Shadow manages to duck back around the corner and avoid the inferno...just.
Kerdan flattens himself against the deckplates and prays as the spray of incendigel gushes past, scant centimeters above his head.
Crix throws himself back toward Tresk and safety.
And Kol lands next to Crix.

As Crix lands near Tresk he comes to eye-level with the grenade. And he recognises the jury-rigging on the grenade.
A deadman's trigger.
Why didn't I notice before?!
There's a soft ping as Tresk cuts the wire.
Then the grenade detonates in his face.
Crix rolls again back up the corridor toward the soot-covered Kerdan. Kol lands on top of Crix a microsecond later.
Tresk is picked up by the blast and slammed hard against the opposite wall, his clothes shredded and his skin peppered with shrapnel (-21 VP, 15 left).
Garadios, who had been keeping a look out up the corridor to the north, over the crouched Tresk, also leaps left, landing behind Crix and Kol.

Ronin
17 September 2005, 06:15 PM
Flame on! ;)

Crymoon
18 September 2005, 11:24 AM
Kerdan laying prone takes his aim steady... He's still smiling but it's definetely not a happy smile.. He softly pulls the trigger nowing he must get very lucky to get this flamethrower shut...

KnightStalker
18 September 2005, 03:22 PM
As Crix lands near Tresk he comes to eye-level with the grenade. And he recognises the jury-rigging on the grenade.
A deadman's trigger.
Why didn't I notice before?!
There's a soft ping as Tresk cuts the wire.
Then the grenade detonates in his face.
Crix rolls again back up the corridor toward the soot-covered Kerdan. Kol lands on top of Crix a microsecond later.

Frackin' hell!

"Kol, get offa me and check on Tresk. The poodoo's really hitting the fan on this job. That fat Hutt Mampossa Nasirii is gonna owe us all a big bonus if we pull this mission off!" :mad:

Crix turns to others. "You guys all okay?"

Jan Tolbara
19 September 2005, 06:21 AM
Shadow attempts to find enough space to point her blaster rifle down the corridor and fire at the flamin' pirate at the other end. If she can not find the space, she will check on the others.

coldskier0320
19 September 2005, 08:24 AM
"On second thought, how 'bout we dont cut that wire, eh guys?", Tresk comments dryly, though his face is everything but. All across the brown-furred bounty hunter are scrapes, cuts, and rapidly forming bruises. A particularly large piece of shrapnel had caught him across the left cheek, where the skin now hung open in a nast gash. While most of the lacerations would heal up, he'd have a nasty scar on his cheek unless he was trated with bacta soon.

Pulling himself into a standing position, he gives his shadowsuit a once over, realizing that while the shadowsilk was still doing its job, it was torn open in many places. ((OOC: probably now only a +5 or so to hide)). Suddenly a look of utter horror crosses the bothan's face. He leapt over to the corner where he'd placed his rifle before working on the trap. Checking it over, wilfully ignorant of the nearby inferno, he checks to make sure its in working order before worrying abot anything else.

((OOC: What kind of condition os the ol' X-45 in?))

SmugglerJedi
19 September 2005, 03:57 PM
"Fark!" Kol runs over to Tresk and puts his hand on the Bothan's shoulder. "Damn man, you really got some. You okay? Can you still dance the jiggy? Or am I going to have to draft one of your friends to drag your butt out of here?"

He watches with amazement as Tresk examines his rifle and ignores the VERY HOT FLAMES coming from the corridor. "Man, you really like that thing, don't you? Some people love women, some people love ships...apparently, you love your rifle. Oh, and even though that hurts, I think you should keep the scar. Women <i>love</i> that kind of stuff." Kol takes his hand off gently. "You look fine though. But damn, get some medical attention soon - I don't want you dropping dead now!"

With that, he runs to the corner of the corridor, lines his back up against the wall, and nods to Kerdan. [OOC: He does, however, give all the space Shadow needs, and stays behind her.] "K-man, you alright? Oof, I've heard chicks calling guys <i>hot</i>, but you're <i>smoking</i>!" He grins feebly to keep Kerdan's morale up, and with a humorous tone asks: "Anyone up for fried Calamari?"