PDA

View Full Version : IC: Rebel Uprising



Ringlord816
8 March 2005, 05:00 PM
Date: Year 17, Month 2, Day 3 ISC
Time: 1200 GST
Place: YT-1300 class Crystal Knight

As your ship speeds through hyperspace, you think back to the pre-mission briefing.

Date: Year 17, Month 2, Day 3 ISC
Time: 0400 GST
Place: Rebel Base on Classified planet

You salute as the commander enters the briefing room. "be seated." After waiting for everyone to sit, the commander continues "We don't have a lot of time, so I'll make this fast. The Fire of Corellia, a corvette carrying information on the imperial battle plans for this sector, was fired upon and heavily damaged by an Imperial Star Destroyer while travelling through the Balmorra system. The Fire took refuge in an asteroid belt, and we believe her to be hiding in one of the larger asteroids. The Im perials are sweeping the field, but due to the size and number of asteroids, the search is proceeding slowly. Your mission is to get the Fire out of the field and back to base, by any means necessary. If the ship is not salvageable, you are to recover the data and any surviving crew. We are sending a frigate and a squadron of X-Wings to stage an attack on the Star Destroyer that is coordinating the search, so your window of opportunity will be very small." He pauses, then finishes "Any questions?"

Krad-edis
8 March 2005, 06:23 PM
Private Kwik stands and locks his body into the position of attention.

"Sir, if the corvette is damaged beyond all repair and all the crew is still alive, will we be making several trips or will the remaining crew just be SOL?"

pilnick1944
9 March 2005, 08:18 AM
The pale green humanoid alien seated in the back of the room raises a hand. A grin shows up on his face, revealing the some nasty teeth.
The second he starts to speak, he starts irritating you. He has a way of speaking that could send a Wookie into a rage quicker than you could say "jawa". He spits out small phrases, but you don't know if it's because he has a difficulty with basic, or maybe he's holding his thoughts to himself, letting out only a select few.
"One more. If I may. What about. The Imperials." Pauses for a second.
"You said. That you search. For the ship. Aren't they? Too? I hope your X-Wings. Will take the ISD. Away. But what. About the TIEs?" Another small pause, the clawed hand scratches his hairy cheek.
"Any foes. In the asteroids? And how do we. Find the Fire? Can we radio? Them? When the battle. Starts. And request. Their position?"
"And pvt. Kwik. I figure we can. Take all aboard. Or nearly. All."
He falls silent, listening, resting his back on the seat.

Krad-edis
9 March 2005, 08:29 AM
Private Kwik looks over to the strange alien speaker and frowns.

"Well my friend, I'm not much of a mathmatician, but if we are on a light transport, I doubt we will be able to pick up the whole crew from ruined Corvette, let alone half of them. How do you figure we can take all? Are we going to stack them on top of each other in the cargo bay?...even if they are severely injured?"

The Rebel troop then turns to the commander.

"And sir, how will we treat the wounded? Are we to accompany medical staff? A crippled corvette may have lots of wounded, probably mostly burns and fragmentation. My first aid training basically much along the lines of 'if a metal fragment is sticking out of your fellow's skull, don't remove it because it may pull out gray matter', in other words sir, I'm not a qualified medic."

Morn
9 March 2005, 08:53 AM
If droids could looked puzzled, then that is certainly what XL (the chosen name of the Genetech 3D-4X Series droid, model number 3D-4XL3) would look like at this time.

"I don't fully understand why I'm being assigned to this group," thought the droid. "I was programmed for advising individuals on systems adminstration, business maters and formal etiquette. What could they possibly be using me for this time?"

The droid continues to watch the discussion, motionless and in silence.

pilnick1944
9 March 2005, 09:40 AM
Terrant looks straight down into the floor, resting his head on the back of the seat in front of him. His hand moves anxiously over his short mohawk, to and from. He mumbles quietly to himself.

"Mathmatics. You say. Around ten. In the escape pods. Eight. In the cabin. That's eighteen. Then the cargo. Bay. About thirty. Fourty. I reckon. The corridors. Fifteen? Twenty-five? Damn. He may be right. Damn. We're going. To have to. Stack 'em. Like he says."

The tarro sniffs, looks up again, giving Kwik a focused look. Then the commander.

"A suggestion. We concentrate. On getting the ship. Running. I know about. Computers and fixing. Things. The droid. Over there. Can help. Too. I guess."

He looks around the room, but the worried look doesn't leave his face. He certainly needs more time to dig the problem.

"Let's talk. Task allotment. Have we a pilot? Medic? I can be. The grease-monkey. And the muscle."

Ringlord816
9 March 2005, 11:51 AM
The commander speaks "Private Kwik, as to your first question, If the majority of the crew is alive, you can take some of the escape pods from the corvette in tow. This would make flying out of the field more difficult, but in that case, you would make use of the survivors of the ship, as many of the crew were trained in starship operations. As to your second question, we believe that the majority of the ships medical personnel to have survived, since the medbay was at the heart of the corvette."

The commander turns to Terrant. "As far as the Imperials go, we can't guarantee that our ships will occupy all of the enemy forces, but they should remove the majority of them from the picture. As to finding the Fire, she is sending a low powered subspace locater beacon. It is low powered enough that it would be dismissed as background radiation by the Imperials. We will be giving you the frequency for the beacon, so finding the Fire should not be too difficult."

max ordo
9 March 2005, 12:18 PM
Sam listens to his new…team members, thinking this guy Kwik knows how things work. If there are more than a few survivors they are going to be SOL cause this sounds like a basic smash and grab mission. Waiting for a lull in the Q&A session Sam stands and asks “ So will we be issued med supplies incase they aren’t there, and how long should we take trying to get the ship operational” waiting for an answer Sam decides to ask one more question. “Sir, in event that we encounter the Imps…I mean Imperials, do we try and take prisoners or just drop’em as we see them?”
Sam returns to his seat and awaits the answers and the orders to leave.

Ringlord816
9 March 2005, 12:28 PM
"Mr. Ondrel, we will issue you with the med supplies you will need to transport any wounded yo the frigate, whch will meet you at your rendezvous point outside the system.
Instead of trying to repair the ship yourselves, you should ask the survivors as to the chances of repairing the ship, as they will have been waiting more than 12 hours at that point.
If you encounter the Imperials early in your mission, You are authorized to kill any you meet. If they are encountered late in the mission, use your judgement. If you encounter a troop ship or similar vessel, and can determine it to be lightly crewed, you are authorized to attempt to capture it to assist in transporting survivors. Remember, though, that the return of the data is your first priority.

Krad-edis
9 March 2005, 12:46 PM
"Private Kwik, as to your first question, If the majority of the crew is alive, you can take some of the escape pods from the corvette in tow. This would make flying out of the field more difficult, but in that case, you would make use of the survivors of the ship, as many of the crew were trained in starship operations."

Oh super...I'll bet they'll all be crawling over each other to volunteer for that. Private Kwik thought as he listened.

"As to your second question, we believe that the majority of the ships medical personnel to have survived, since the medbay was at the heart of the corvette."

Did the commander have a mouse in his pocket?...Who's we? No matter. The commander is an officer, and he makes the decisions because the officers get paid the bick bucks. What the commander says I have to do, I do it.....Do or die...thats all there is! But I still don't know how we'll fit all the remaining crew into such a small ship. People are going to be injured. People are going to have to go to the refresher. People are going to be complaining about the lack of room. People are going to be going insane because we may have to drag them through an asteroid field in escape pods. Maybe I'm going along to make sure people don't complain? This wasn't going to be pretty, but it sounds like a job for me.

Another man in the room stood and asked another few questions that he hadn't thought of. “So will we be issued med supplies incase they aren’t there, and how long should we take trying to get the ship operational?”

Good questions. Its possible that the med supplies we need got blown into junk...or they got sucked out, and they certainly needed to know an estimate of how long they had before the incredibly small force of a frigate and X-Wing squadron was either chewed or in full retreat from the Star Destroyer. It didn't sound like it would be long enough, but I'll have to see.

Then the man asked, “Sir, in event that we encounter the Imps…I mean Imperials, do we try and take prisoners or just drop’em as we see them?”

Private Killem Kwik had to smile at that one.

We are pressed for room as it is with the people we are trying to rescue and this guy is asking about taking prisoners? Jeeez....well, if this guy wants to be nice to the Imperials and take them prisoner, perhaps I am going along to make sure they ride outside the ship without escape pods.

The commander answered quickly.

"Mr. Ondrel, we will issue you with the med supplies you will need to transport any wounded yo the frigate, whch will meet you at your rendezvous point outside the system. Instead of trying to repair the ship yourselves, you should ask the survivors as to the chances of repairing the ship, as they will have been waiting more than 12 hours at that point."

"Wow, sounds serious if they haven't gotten the ship online in 12 hours."

"If you encounter the Imperials early in your mission, You are authorized to kill any you meet. If they are encountered late in the mission, use your judgement. If you encounter a troop ship or similar vessel, and can determine it to be lightly crewed, you are authorized to attempt to capture it to assist in transporting survivors. Remember, though, that the return of the data is your first priority."

Oh! Good! You mean I'm not being ordered to stand there with my teeth in my mouth if fired upon?..Glad that has been cleared up...sheesh! We'll get that data, and if any of those white Imp jokers get in our way, we definitely understand our orders....at least, I understand it means lighting them up before we or our rescuees get vaped.

Private Killem Kwik, switched to parade rest and then casually turned to the rest of those assembled in the room and smiled.

"Well guys, lets go kill some refugees! I mean, lets go rescue some refugees and kill some Imperials.....and uh, get that data."

pilnick1944
9 March 2005, 12:56 PM
Thrusting his jaw forward in a manner that makes him look very primodal, with his hands gripping firmly the seat in front, Terrant nods very slowly, agreeing with what he has heard.
Things are starting to fit into their places.
Then he motions himself forward, leaning over the seat he's been holding to so tightly.

"And the data? Where to look? The commander? Ship's computer? Or is there. A special 'courier'? Aboard?"

Even though he is already putting alien emphasis on certain words, when the tarro says the word 'courier' it is even more conspicuous.
Possibly to avoid leaving a negative impression, the brown-clad Rebel gives one of his million-credit grins.
Apparently he's unaware that the galactic dentistry has advanced slightly above the understanding of this art that the Gamorreans have.
Or the overgrown teeth don't bother him.

Then he makes a mental note to request a datapad and some datacards from the quatermaster. AND power packs.

max ordo
9 March 2005, 01:02 PM
" Sounds good to me, especially the part about droppin Imps." looking at the commander Sam quickly adds "as long as it doesn't interfere with our primary objective and the rescue of the refugee's." smiling slightly at the prospect of taking a little target practice at the Empire's finest.

Krad-edis
9 March 2005, 01:12 PM
"So sir, I don't know about everyone else, but I need ammo. I need a few power packs. I already have my gear, but my Sergeant won't allow any of his troops to have power packs in the barracks. Apparently, a while back one Rodian got "upset" and shot another guy because he ate something out of his package from home. There's no need to worry about me doing that and I promise I'll behave...after all, there's always one troop that has to ruin it for everyone else. I guess the Rodian knows that now that he's in the brig."

max ordo
9 March 2005, 02:00 PM
"Yeah I might need a few power pack as well, SIr, and also will we be issued any type of heavy ordinance or demolitions equipment in case the 'package' is not accessable or blocked by something to heavy to move?"

Ringlord816
10 March 2005, 11:43 AM
"Mr. Pullasky, The command crew of the ship had access to the data, and in case they were all killed, you will be provided with a datacard that has the information you will need to pull the data out of the ships computer.

Private Kwik, you will see the base quartermaster about procuring the ammunition you will need. See him to request any other gear you might need.

Mr. Ondrel, you will not be issued the explosives. Blowing up asteroids or chunks of asteroids will attract too much attention too early in the mission. If the ship is beyond your physical reach through regular means, you will instruct the survivors to transmit the data too you, and we will send in an escorted team to blow the ship free.

max ordo
10 March 2005, 11:59 AM
"Understood Sir. So we can stop bu the quartermasters and make a feww requests before we leave correct? I would just like to ask when are we leaving? Within the hour?"

When he gets an answer Sam will wait to be dismissed then head to the quartermaster and prepare to leave.

Krad-edis
10 March 2005, 02:25 PM
"Private Kwik, you will see the base quartermaster about procuring the ammunition you will need. See him to request any other gear you might need."

Well besides ammo, I'm thinking glow rods, med pacs and medkits. Hurt people in the dark will really need that stuff...and if they don't I can always sell it to the spice hookers on Ord Mantell....no...that would be illegal. I guess I'll just return it if it isn't needed. Oh...what about comlinks and encrypted comms?... Maybe the Commander knows?

Private Kwik locks his body back to the positiion of attention as he addresses his superior.

"Aye sir. I will go now...but before I do, will we be using any special comms? Regular comlinks or are we going encrypted?"

pilnick1944
11 March 2005, 01:56 AM
His thoughts suddenly interrupted, Pullasky once again looks at Kwik. His eyebrows come together, as he tries to pierce through the veil covering the exact thoughts of the man. Unable to judge the gentlebeing, he ponders on what was just said.
The barely-audible hum of the power generators distracts him, his thoughts zeroing-in on some idea, but really unable to get there.
Looking again at the holovid display behind the commander, with the map of the Balmorra system, he seems to have got it. Raising his hand, he sends a questioning look to the commander and upon recieving a slight nod of the head, stands up.

"One more. Question." He pauses, as the heads turn to him.
"Does the Alliance have. Got the planetary. Intel. For the system? Because I was. Thinking. Should we find the. Crew mainly wounded. We could. Take the wounded. On our ship. And. Should the manouver. With towing the escape. Pods. Prove too difficult. To conduct. In those circumstances. We could. Send the rest. Of the crew. To the surface. Make them cover. Whether in wilderness. Or in cities. And rendez-vous. With them later."

He waits for everybody present to intake his idea and continues:
"I believe. That this way. We could save most. Of them."
"We would take. Supplies now. And they'd make. Planetfall equipped with. The things that'd. Allow them to. Survive. Till we come back."
"Sir."

Terrant sits down, adjusts his sleeves and props his head on his left hand, with one claw scratching delicately his ear.
In the small interval of silence after his words, the X-wing pilots outside are heard running. Everybody is nigh bursting with tension, and the machines are being prepaired. Time runs on without mercy and somewhere far away in the Balomorra system the crew of the maimed vessel are praing for deliverance in a multitude of languages.

Ringlord816
14 March 2005, 04:06 AM
"Mr. Pullasky, the quartermaster will give youu the supplies you ask for, and you will have the final decision as to which of these plans you will use, should the situation arise. No more questions, time is pressing. Report to the quartermaster."

Krad-edis
14 March 2005, 10:51 AM
Kwik reports to the armory, and their the quarter master frowns at him as he thinks about what he'll need.

Let's see here. There will be an Imperial Star Destroyer, and I heard that they carry about 10,000 troops. I hope to be using my rifle the whole time, and in case I have to kill all 10,000 enemy troops, I'll need lots of ammo. Ten thousand divided by 50 shots per pack is 200 power packs. Whoa! That's way too much...I was thinking like six, enough to fit in my load bearing vest. Hopefully, dead Imps have power packs, or we may be screwed if I have to face down 10,000 troops.

Quartermaster: Well, what are you going to take? I don't have all day.

Private Kwik: Alright! Alright! I'll take six power packs. Thats good for three hundred dead Imperial troops, and, I'll take one power pack for my pistol...that should be good for a hundred dead Imperial troops at close range, which is likely too.

max ordo
14 March 2005, 12:15 PM
Sam follows Private Kwik to the quartermasters..Listening to Kwik he thinks This guy sure is gung ho about this, and maybe a little high strung . When Kwik is finished Sam steps up to the quartermaster with his requests. "Sir, I just need maybe 4 power packs, a utility vest and if you have a spare blaster rifle that would be good to. If not my pistol should work just fine." Sam wait patiently for the man to do his job so he can get off this base and on with this mission.

pilnick1944
14 March 2005, 12:33 PM
Next in line is the Tarro, nearly two metres tall, already wearing his blast vest over his brown jumpsuit. A blaster pistol dangles from his nonchalantly-tilted belt.
With a thudding sound of his boots on the floor, he stands before the quartermaster.

"A datapad. Half a dozen. Datacards. A medkit. Five power packs. For this here. Carbine. Two. For the pistol. Glowrods. Three."

"Finished?" - asks the quartermaster raising his eyes on Terrant. The man doesn't like to give away too much of his goods. Those soldiers... They just come and take without really thinking how much effort it is to gather all those supplies. What complex supply chains lead to the man behind the counter.

"No. Enough supplies. For... say, 70 people. For two days. Load it. On our ship." A thumb points back to the hangar. Through closing doors one can see the Correlian beauty. Technicians crawl around it like ants, half-covered in clouds of steam which come out of the pressurized hatches, as they close. Maybe its not much, but its all there is at the moment.

Moments like this make the quartermaster wonder. It may be a fledgling Rebellion, but sometimes those people just have the grandeur of an empire. Big times we live in. Reluctantly, he signs off the cargo.

Energetically, Pullasky walks away to his room, to take his equipment and then to inspect the YT-1300 before the mission.

Krad-edis
16 March 2005, 02:26 PM
Mr. Ondrel is it? He's a mister and I'm a Private. I wonder if he's a warrant officer? I don't see a rank on this guy, so I hope he doesn't get any ideas that he is special and the rest of us are just dumb grunts.

"Hey there partner (to Ondrel). What type of heat are you packin? Pickin up a rifle huh...? Good idea, I mean, you probably won't need it...because I'm sure we'll be able to get some great Imperial rifles that will have only have been dropped once, but you never can be too sure. I'm Killem R. Kwik, nice to meet you."

max ordo
16 March 2005, 02:43 PM
"Right back at ya..Killim. Is that your real name or just your favored pastime?:D I usually don't need anything more than my DT-12 here but just thought something with a little more range would be good. I'm sure you're right bout the Imp rifles but I don't want to have to count on an Imp for anything except makin a fine moving target. Oh, by the way I'm Sam...Sam Ondrel." extending his hand to Kwik.

Krad-edis
16 March 2005, 05:11 PM
A Blastech DT-12 huh? A bit heavier than my pea-shooter, but ideal for close quarters combat....other than that, it's cool that there will be someone going that I can talk about blasters with.

"Yeah, you'll probably want something with range. You can't go wrong with a Freedom One. Compact and able to be fired with one hand, it still has the range and ka-pow of a rifle. Thats what I'm going with...and my DL-18. I know it doesn't have much knock down power, but with 100 shots a pack, I can afford to shoot every Imp I see twice. I was thinking about asking for grenades, but I'm not so sure its a good idea to use those suckers in a ship...no matter how big it is."

max ordo
16 March 2005, 05:26 PM
"Grenades would be nice. I kinda got the impression we aren't supposed to be blowing stuff up though. Especially after I asked about demo equipment. Apparently everything should stay in however many pieces we find it in. Freedom One huh? Sounds good to me, I've never had much use for rifles so I'm not to particular. I just wanna get this ball rollin', I haven't had a chance to shoot anything in awhile."

I like this guy he's not all stuffy like alot of these rebellion types I've met. This ought to be a good mission. Wonder which one of us will have the higher body count when all is said and done.

pilnick1944
17 March 2005, 01:37 PM
Once inside his room again, Terrant sits down on the bed. A loud sigh can be heard and his hands cradle the weary head.
So it's action time again. Tough choices. And the gentlebeings he wants to send down to the surface.
Let's face it. It is close to certainty that getting them out again is nigh to impossibility. Perhaps the stronger ones will use the supplies given wisely and they'll eke out an existance for a time.
Maybe it will be like a test of faith. Because you have to have faith. Believing in the Rebellion, the reinstitution of the Republic... that is all those beings have.

It is really fortunate to be sent in a group of men who know their trade. It is good to be with men prepared to kill. Because believe as hard as they might, the farmboys that join the Rebellion so full of ideals will mostly pave the way for others. Pave the way with their blood.

...Oh, if only that hell with Rassaryan had never been raised. It would be good to stay on Kamino. To finish the training course and await for the return of Father.
It does bring one down, not to see those foamy oceans. The planet HAS become a home, however artificial it may have seemed at the beggining.
Oh, Rassaryan Pullasky... I hope our paths will cross some day, I really do.

With another sigh, Terrant rises to pack his stuff. He notices a small smudge on the blast vest and clears it off. His belt is readjusted. The boots cleaned up a little. There needs to be just the right kind of shine that - according to the Kaminoan drill sarge - should blind the foes. He smiles at that one. Too bad there's so much muck once you go out in the field.

Leaving the room, he notices the droid that was assigned to their group. With a wave of his hand, he approaches it looking into its single photoreceptor.

"So. Cyclops. Can I call. You that? You with us. On this one. Right?"
Pullasky stands in its way. The droid has to stop.
"No. Kowakian. Monkey-business. Affirmative? Do what needs. To be. Done. Take care."
Pulling his bag up from the floor, Terrant suddenly turns around and starts off to the hangar. He's got a date.
Those Correlian beauties don't like to be kept waiting. And tonight she's gonna dance among the brightest of stars.

Morn
21 March 2005, 07:08 AM
After procuring a few power packs from the quartermaster, XL becomes quite flustered by his run in with the male Tarro Terrant Pullasky. The droid makes his way to the hanger, hoping to met more civilized members of the mission crew.

max ordo
26 March 2005, 09:18 AM
After leaving the quartermasters and speaking with Kwik sam Suggests they head for the ship to get this mission started.

Krad-edis
26 March 2005, 03:04 PM
Enough of this sitting around smoking and joking. We've got a job to do.

"Yeah, I'm ready....Let's saddle up to 'sorry' down some Imps."