PDA

View Full Version : OOC: Middlemen Adv. 1: The Crystal Swamps

coldskier0320
16 March 2005, 09:34 AM
Can't have an IC without this!

I'd like everyone to chack in to make sure we made a successful move.

farr0095
16 March 2005, 11:06 AM
Fenn here!

Ris
16 March 2005, 12:34 PM
Gala here!

Is it OK, Cold, if I post a "barely got away" & then proceed to the ship posthaste?

coldskier0320
16 March 2005, 02:46 PM
That's absolutely fine, Ris, good hint-reading. As I didn't want you to hafta take on half-a-dozen black sun toughs... ;)

The Ghost
16 March 2005, 03:26 PM
here.

if you're looking for webspace to hold character sheets, pictures & whatnot, lemme know. i've got tons of it.

coldskier0320
16 March 2005, 04:35 PM
I'll have ot take you up on that Ghost. Thanks for responding. Right now, my computer at home is down with a nasty series of viruses. I'm doing what I can but all of my posting is coming from school. Hopefully I can catch you on AIM sometime. Until then, thanks for bearing with me here! :)

Korwin Blade
16 March 2005, 09:59 PM
Well Let's just hope I don't kill this one..

Korwin Blade
19 March 2005, 01:44 PM
Hey Cold

Do you want someone to save all of the posts from MSN and post them?

As Msn never gives me trouble I could do that if you like.

coldskier0320
19 March 2005, 02:57 PM
Yeah, Kor, that'd be awesome. Just post them as an attachment here in the OOC thread. Also, did you see you have an intro thread? ;)

Korwin Blade
20 March 2005, 02:51 PM
Here is All of the IC content from MSN.

coldskier0320
20 March 2005, 03:18 PM
Thanks Kor.

Where is everyone? I heard from Ris, farr posted, but im still searching for jp, ghost, and korwins posts. :)

Are you guys not interested anymore? :( If you are, just let me know instead of hanging me out to dry.

Korwin Blade
20 March 2005, 03:41 PM
Not a Problem, Cold. As I think we should have all of the post to make the game complete.

I don't like writeing posts at work as it takes alot of time and I dont have a place to save them. And it is work so I don't want to do it here.

I am still interested.

And you said you where going to post, so I didn't post yet. I will make a post on Wednesday as I will be home and have the time. Unless I get caught up in the Deck Plan for The FlipSide. But my plan is to make a post in the IC on Wednesday.

coldskier0320
20 March 2005, 03:51 PM
Okay, buddy, sounds good. One thing, though, I'm not going to make another post in 1a until you do. I'm waiting to write off of your post. :)

johnnyputrid
20 March 2005, 04:54 PM
I'm here! Just been working some seriously long hours lately, so I haven't had much time to catch up on my e-mails. I'll try and get a post in after I get off work on Monday morning.

Korwin Blade
23 March 2005, 09:32 AM
Hey Johnny,

Are you working a 12hr shift?

I am doing a 12 hr shift. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to drive for 1 1/2 hrs to get there first.

So I can understand the long hours, Dude. :)

johnnyputrid
23 March 2005, 04:49 PM
More like 15 and 16-hour shifts. I only have to drive about 5 minutes to get to work, but I've been working from 10 PM to around 1 or 2 PM the next day. Factor in about 4 decent hours of sleep a day and you've got one tired guy. But I promise to get a post up soon, since I'm off for the next two days.

After I sleep for about 12 straight, that is.:D

coldskier0320
23 March 2005, 04:53 PM
LOL, i'd never begrudge a fellow SW fan sleep, john, never. :P Do try and throw something up by the weekend though, and I'll get an update. ;)

Korwin Blade
31 March 2005, 02:51 PM
Hey All

I have been working on the Deck of The FlipSide. Hope to have it completed soon.

Here is a Picture of the Outside till I can get the Inside done.

coldskier0320
13 April 2005, 09:49 AM
Well, guys, after this long with such low activity, I think we can safely call this a dead game. :( On the one hand, I'm a little bummed out that it didn't work, because 1) I thought I had a great story, IMO, and 2) My plan of inviting only good gamers kinda backfired :P. But I understand thatpeople get busy in life, so dont sweat it. Also, if anyone has any questions or comments for me, feel free to PM them over to me, as I'll promise to read anything that could make me a better GM.

That said, I'm kicking around the idea of starting up a different sort of game. Inspired by Ronin's 22nd Clone Commando game, I'm considering starting a Rebel SpecForce game. The way I run it however, if I'd decide to do so, would be a bit different. Instead of a long campaign, it'd play out more like a series of linked one-shots. In between times, players could drop out for any reason, and still have a character in the group, that simply didnt go on the next mission. This would enable me to accept more players for the mission or whatever, as there would be a new "suiting up" phase before every mission. In some ways, Shannon, it would be kind of like your IoT.

As participants in this game, I'd like to give you guys some priority consideration if and when i decide to launch. How does this sound to all of you?

The Ghost
13 April 2005, 02:55 PM
i don't know about the others, but i know i tend to wait for something to play off of from the other players.

my downfall, i suspect.

same thing happens to games i try to run PbP. (which is why i'm trying out a new site geared at avoiding the PbP pitfall)

Ris
13 April 2005, 03:37 PM
Yes, it is a bummer, Cold. That was my problem--lack of someone to play off of. Maybe we can give it a try later.

If you would like to play in a game like you're talking about rather than running one), I know someone who is doing one & looking for players. He's using his own SpecForce-type PrC's & the short scenarios are either "off-stage" during the OT or between those movies

coldskier0320
13 April 2005, 04:42 PM
That sounds cool, Ris, I'd appreciate it if you could PM me some info. I'd still like to run a game like that, but am woefully unprepared for such an endeavor. Perhaps playing in one could shed some light on its inner workings for me. Does it do what I think it will do? As far as alleviating the problem of no-shows?

farr0095
13 April 2005, 04:58 PM
Well, I'm sad to hear this, but not surprised. Seems to be the thing of late. And that includes IoT, to my chagrin. This week, as you know cold, I'm terribly busy. Let me know elsewhere what happens with your idea. I'm intrigued. Even more so if you looked at D6 (I don't know why, it just sounds good.)

Korwin Blade
14 April 2005, 03:34 PM
No I am not giving up on this one, I think we should try and keep this one going. I know that I have been sick the last week or so, and I know that is what my problem has been.

I also know from experince that many of us have long work hours or what have you.

I was wondering is there anyway we can say set a side one night that we could get on Aim and chat. I am willing to do sometihing, just to keep it going. That may or maynot work, but how often are we all on at the same time or near the same time. Even if we did it where Cold was interacting with all of us even if we weren't all there at the same time just the same night.

Just a thought.

And Cold I am interested in anything. You can count on me. As I don't wont to even give up on this one yet.

Korwin