PDA

View Full Version : IC: Middlemen Adv. 1a: Old Friends

coldskier0320
17 March 2005, 07:26 PM
((OOC: This is Korwin's intro.))

Four days later...

The Free Will was not, you decided, the best place on Obroa-skai to spend one's afternoon. Hell, a public 'fresher might well have been cleaner. Peeling your boots from the sticky, grimy floor, you sigh and again glance at the wall chrono.

Almost an hour...then you see him.

Tall, almost lanky, he seems even more confident that he was five years ago, if that was even possible. He wears an expensive suit, briefcase, and sunglasses. Behind him trundles a red astromech unit. Upon entry, the droid monitor at the door pings in response to the little droid's presence. You hear the bartender grumble something at the man, who simply flashes the bartender a small card. After a moment of doubtful scrutiny, the bartender returns to his task, bidding the man, and droid, a grudging welcome. After this, Terent "Six" Indayce walks over to your table and sits opposite you.

"You're late.", you say flatly.

"That's right, he returns evenly, "Kate?".

The smallish R2 unit fires up her holoprojector and aims it at the low surface of the table between the two men. The hologram, initially, is very bright, though Kate adjusts it down immediately. In the recorded hologram, you see the whole of the old group from Agrilat together at some upscale facility. One by one, about half of the group leaves before Indayce himself finally bids the last few farewell and the hologram dissipates.

After this the R2 warbles an interrogative to Indayce who answers, "Yeah, go warm up the Shadow, I won't be long." After which you ask, "So, how did you manage t obring her in here with you? And why pick a place where droids aren't allowed?"

"Well", he responds, "If you must know, I wanted to make sure nobody had droids around when she played that. You know, record the recording? Wouldn't look good on some Vigo's desk, no sir. What do you think? I gotta admit, the [i]Shadow could use some special attention, and that sort of thing tends to add up real quick. Basically, I think it sounds good as long as we don't attract a whole lot of notice."

"And if you do?", you ask, ice in your tone.

"I'll do what I've been doing for the past five years, lie low, earn small spend small. Get a good fake ID and new ship transponder for the Shadow, hell, I guess oyu could say I'm well-practiced, even an expert, in this sort of thing. You had it easy, as you were just the drop off and pick up, you probably ain't had more than twoo or three hunters to deal with, eh?"

"I take care of what I have to."

"I bet. Well, what do you think? Do I tell Carsalle you'll be there or not?"

Korwin Blade
23 March 2005, 09:22 AM
Konner runs through the possibilities in his head, it would me nice to get the bounty off his head. And the swoop looks interesting, more than interesting. He would love to get his hands on it. Who knows maybe something can be worked out.

He says to Indayce, “Alright I am in, but only if I get to do more than just fly. As I lost a good ship out of the last deal.”

Indayce get ready to leave.

Konner then says, “Hey Indayce you never did tell me how you got Kate in here.” “And what’s wrong with your ship? If you need a lift I can accommodate all of you including your ship.”

coldskier0320
23 March 2005, 10:01 AM
“Alright I am in, but only if I get to do more than just fly. As I lost a good ship out of the last deal.”

At this, Indayce holds up his hands in a 'hands-off' gesture, "Hey, man, I totally understand that, but I'm not the one making the rules, you'll have to take it up with Carsalle, though I'm sure everyone will have to be in on the operation. I can't see him paying you a full share just for a delivery-boy."

“Hey Indayce you never did tell me how you got Kate in here.” “And what’s wrong with your ship? If you need a lift I can accommodate all of you including your ship.”

"Oh, nothings wrong with the Shadow. I've just had my eye on a hot-rod hyperdrive and an advanced targetting computer for quite a while now, and this job will give me the credits to do it. And yeah, I guess a ride might be nice, I can fly the Shadow right up from her docking bay into your ship. She's in bay C77."

With that, Indayce gets up to leave, motioning for Kate to follow. after he stands, he lights a cigarette and sighs, gazing across the rough-looking bar, "This job had better work out...I like to be able to sleep soundly at night", he continues without looking back at Konner, "I've had enough of this life."

With that he starts to walk away.

"Hey!", Konner says suddenly. When Terent turns around, he continues, "You still haven't told me how you got Kate in here."

"Oh. Here.", with that, he tosses the small card he flashed to the bartender down, onto the table, then again turns and leaves, calling over his shoulder, "I'll see you in ten minutes, and I'll tell you where to go to get to our meet point then."

Waiting a few minutes after Indayce and his droid leave to mess up any would-be tails, Konner picks up the small plastic card. On it, printed simply, in an easy to read character, were the words:

"Indrid, Talmund, S. has been determined to be clinically blind from birth according to imperial health standards, and as such, his right to be accompanied by an aide must not be infringed. This aid may take to form of a biological assistant, pet, or droid."

Shaking his head and laughing, Konner gets ready to leave...

Korwin Blade
31 March 2005, 02:38 PM
Konner runs through the possibilities in his head, it would me nice to get the bounty off his head. And the swoop looks interesting, more than interesting. He would love to get his hands on it. Who knows maybe something can be worked out.

He says to Indayce, “Alright I am in, but only if I get to do more than just fly. As I lost a good ship out of the last deal.”

Indayce get ready to leave.

Konner then says, “Hey Indayce you never did tell me how you got Kate in here.” “And what’s wrong with your ship? If you need a lift I can accommodate all of you including your ship.”

10 minutes later

Konner leaves the Free Will, making sure he doesn’t pick up any unwanted guests. He heads over to Bay F94 and gets The FlipSide firedup. In a few minutes he is hanging out above C77, waiting for Idayce in his Z95.

5 minutes later

Just then his radio crackles to life and a familiar voice comes over it

“Shadow is in coming.” Konner hears Indayce say.

He flips a switch and the bay doors open up for Indayce. About that time he looks out the cockpit window and see the Shadow coming in fast, but he see that is slow considerably, and disappers into the cargo bay of The FlipSide.

He then hears Indayce say, “Shadow is docked.”

Konner reaches over and flips a switch and the bay doors close. When the warning light changes to green he does a slow 180 and starts to accend into the upper atmosphere. Just as he is about to clear the planet atmosphere Indayce comes through the cockpit doors. He grabs the Co-Pilot chair and starts entering the coordinates for their destination.

He then turns to Konner and says, “Nice ship, Konner. How can you afford this nice of a ship?”

Konner turns to face him and says, “Well the swoop circuit in the outer rim has been very good to me lately. Besides I got this ship from a former smuggler, who was looking to get out quick, and didn’t care what he got out of it.”

Konner turns back to the controls and they make there way to the other side of Obroa-skai. They get there in about 5 minutes and touch down and then make there way to the meet.

OOC: I figure this is a good place to jump to the other thread.