PDA

View Full Version : Vader & Chewie Buddies??

AthonRogue
21 March 2005, 09:39 AM
So we all know that wookies are going to be a big part of EP3 and that we are going to see Chewie... but do you think Anikin and Chewie meet up, save eahother or something. The reason I say this is that in watching Ep5 for the fifty billionth time I noticed something I never did before. When Chewie goes nuts in the carbon freeze chamber, Fett snaps his gun up to shoot him. But Vader knocks the barrel aside and save the furry guy. If he was trying to cause Luke's friends pain.. hmm why save the wook?
Anyway.. just idle thoughts...

Darth Fierce
21 March 2005, 10:02 AM
I really don't believe Vader was being altruistic in preventing Fett from trying to shoot Chewie. The idea I got was that Vader was afraid of the chance that Fett might miss and hit something that would damage the carbon freezing machinery. Remember, Han was more or less Vader's guinea pig. Vader's intent at that point was to see if Solo would survive carbon freezing so that Vader could later possibly use the same process on Luke.

Besides, it was "painful" for Chewie and Leia to watch Han get frozen in carbonite. Imagine if that happened to someone you loved...

Finally...

I don't get the impression that Anakin has anything to do with the events on Kashyyyk in Episode III, which would negate any chance of him meeting Chewie before Anakin becomes Vader.

Darth Fierce :vader:

Kelcheck
21 March 2005, 10:09 AM
hmmm, well chewie was also carring 3P0, anakin's 4th grade science fair project. Maybe he was protecting it.

there have been alot of attempts to connect all the characters from the original trilogy to the new series

Midnight_Marauder
26 March 2005, 11:46 AM
I agree with Darth Fierce. If Boba Fett screwed up trying to shoot Chewie he might have hit some of the Carbon Freezing machinery and ruin it, and I don't think Vader would have been very happy if Fett destroyed his chance at getting Luke Skywalker and turning him to the Dark Side of the Force...

jedi_lucky
7 April 2005, 11:16 AM
i have to agree...i dont for see anakin and chewie becoming friends and if he was wlling to kill obi-wan i dont see a reason, even if they were friends, he would try to save him. i think he was just worried about missing up the equipment!

lucky
:daala:

PneumaZ
7 April 2005, 11:48 AM
Yeah i think we can safely say that Anakin and Chewie weren't friends. As far as connecting the first trilogy to the new one, i think that's only natural don't you? Start showing where all these various threads link up to show a vast tapestry.

As far as we know though, vader didn't know that, that was C-3PO. We take it for granted that it is because we know him, but protocol droids are ad ime a dozen, or at least that's the impression i get. One Protocol Droid would look like any other, and don't forget that even though voices might be different, Vader sees and hears things all a little bit differently under that helmet. To boot, i don't think he was referred to as C-3PO around vader...ever. Lemme think...got away before leia was captured...not on the Death Star...was walking away quickly at hoth, but no words; in fact he was called 'goldenrod'...blown up for the most part on bespin, and then he was just whinning during the carbonite... and not in jedi that i can think of at all...

No i think its safe to say nope.

Nova Spice
8 April 2005, 06:40 AM
Yoda goes to Kashyyyk in Episode III in part to help the Wookiees and in part to set the bait for Darth Sidious. The Jedi Council hopes that with Yoda leaving for Kashyyyk and General Grievous located on Utapau and being summarily pursued by Obi-Wan, it will draw out Darth Sidious. Thus the reason why Mace, Saesee Tiin, Kit Fisto, and Agen Kolar remain on Coruscant--to 'deal' with Sidious when he reveals himself.

Anakin is nowhere near Kashyyyk in Episode III. Yoda is the only Jedi on the planet. Save for a brief while on Cloud City, the two never meet.

So, no, they aren't friends. ;)

Nightsider
8 April 2005, 12:00 PM
It may be that Vader doesn't recognize Threepio because he has forgotten his former life.
:threepio: